[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 32 KB, 500x372, 1354401315268.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7330252 No.7330252[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So what's grinding your lolita/cosplay gears today?

Feels, rants, confessions about lolita, cosplay, jfash, and other /cgl/-related shit.

>> No.7330258

I've been trying to save up for a dress form, but even the smallest adjustable ones are too big.

For hip measurements, would it be the circumference around your butt or hipbones?

>> No.7330264

>>7330252
My fucking local lolita community is a part of this big fashion show, its nice that some of my friends got picked, but I've been trying for two years to get in. I took amazing professional pictures for the application and everything. I'm not ugly so I dont get it??

>>mfw its people I hate who got picked

I'm starting to think they're playing favorites and it sucks.

>> No.7330275

>>7330264
what race are you?

>> No.7330277

i'm getting so tired of lolita. I live in texas, and now when it's winter all the buildings are hot as hell inside because nobody can take the cold and so i'm confined to wearing it -only- outside on saturdays and sundays or get a heatstroke trying to be a daily lolita. in the summertime its too fuckin hot anyway and i sweat like a pig before i get my foot in a door.
goddamn it. i either discard loli rules or physically suffer. i'm a lone lolita. why should i even care? i guess they're just really ingrained.

>> No.7330281

>>7330277
the rules, i mean.

>> No.7330293

>>7330258
Butt is lower hip, hipbones is top hip. If they just say hip, they probably mean lower hip, since it's the larger measurement.

>> No.7330305

>>7330277
sell all your shit

>> No.7330306

>>7330275
white

>> No.7330340
File: 991 KB, 500x255, 1355702973148.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>decide to measure myself for cosplay today
>improved but still not in tiptop shape
>procrastinating with school work
>tfw anxious

>> No.7330337

When I buy new things my mother will always comment "that's pretty, but you never go out".
When I finally do get to go out and I get dressed up, my mother will say "Why on earth are you so dressed up? It's not a fashion show"
I can't go out often because of my health and when I wear all my make up and a wig I look healthy and it makes me happy.
I have talked to her about it but she still says these things. It's been four fucking years already, I have given up on my life, I just want to forget about everything and look pretty every once in awhile.

>> No.7330347

Bought a bodyline lucky pack on the 31st December. Still waiting for it.

>> No.7330364

>literally only a pair of boot covers between me and being done with this costume
>every time I sit down to work on cosplay I work on something else for a different costume

I mean I'm still being productive, but this is getting ridiculous...

>> No.7330369
File: 9 KB, 254x232, oh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>start a cosplay group a few years ago
>We're all inexperienced at the time
>Friends never follow through with plans, usually decide on some flavor of the month shit
>Finally get to a confident stage of cosplay
>The one friend that started the group decides to drop out because she spends all of her money on anime shit that she sells or gives away 2 months later
>mfw

>> No.7330370

Not specifically Jfash or cosplay related, but pre-drama ban cgl related. Especially since the only reason I know about this shit is through cgl.

On another board I go to, I saw another teenage girl praising Felice Fawn.

I'm in my mid twenties, and I stopped caring about e-celebs a while ago, but Felice still seriously gets under my skin because of how many young girls look up to her and try to take after her and how she seemingly just doesn't give a fuck how many of these kids she's hurting so long as people are throwing money at her.

I remember when people used to get in a huff about pop stars from last century like Spears, Agulera, and Simpson being bad role models because "they glorify sex!"

Looooooooooooooooooooool.

>> No.7330371

>TFW favorite con was teeming ith really horribly dressed itas.

>> No.7330373
File: 9 KB, 233x200, 1390771541280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just took the Beck Depression Inventar Test (not sure if this is the correct English term), a test which my uncle, who is a psychologist, suggested as a test which is usually done to check if a patient has depressions, and scored fucking 26 points, which clearly throws me into the moderatly severe depressions.
I took the test on various legitimate platforms, all with the same result: moderatly severe depressions.

But I just dont know what to do. I dont even know what to do or feel anymore.

The worst thing is: I should be happy! I had a pretty good childhood, have a loving and caring family, a stabile home, I study eactly what I wanted to study at the University I wanted to go, I am healthy. There is no real resaon I shouldnt be happy, no reason to be depressed. It just doesnt make any sense to me.
And I feel so bad about it. Like a spoiled child who just wants attention, who is ungrateful. I should be happy, I should try harder.

I dont dare to talk to anyone about this. I am not sure if I should go to the mental health centre at my Uniersity; I feel so wrong about this, like a poser - I should be happy and content with my life.

Any advices?

>> No.7330376

>tfw Aoki Misako will be at FanExpo Toronto in August.
>tfw always wanted to be a lolita
>tfw student poorfag
>tfw

>> No.7330378

>>7330370
I've looked up her blog, I didn'tknow how it was but...she litteraly gived me chills. She is scary, maybe it's her weight or too much photoshop, but she really did scare me. She seems dead in the inside, how can someone look up to her ?

>> No.7330379

>>7330373
Dwell on it and you surely will fall into depression.
It's like looking up symptoms online. Just because a site says you have a terminal illness because your arm itches, doesn't mean you have it. If you feel happy and you're not doing harm to yourself, then you should be fine.

>> No.7330381

>>7330376
Misako Aoki is over-rated.

>> No.7330386

>>7330381
is she?
cosplay-fag here, don't know much about lolita.
it seems like so much fun though, meeting local lolitas, cutting itas together, and so on.

>> No.7330387

>>7330306
If you're talking about the show I'm thinking about, if you aren't Asian or a white person who knows the people in charge of the show really well, you're not getting in. Other than being a black person to make them look diverse.

>> No.7330388

>>7330373
Do you FEEL depressed? Or is this test just telling you that you are?

Go get professional help if you do. Please.

>> No.7330393

>>7330373
Meds. You need them. I'm a really cheerful person when medicated, but I broke down in the middle of my favorite con with all my friends there when I went off my meds. Don't feel like it's your fault; your brain chemistry is fucking up for no reason, and you should just get it treated chemically instead of thinking that you feel the way you feel.

>> No.7330396

>>7330386
There's a lot of BS surrounding her, but that's mostly tumblr beating a dead horse.
She's supposedly the 'kawaii ambassador', but there are a lot of better lolita models out there which should take the stand. She doesn't even speak English. Misako has to have a translator with her everywhere.

>> No.7330400
File: 22 KB, 800x600, 1386371130162.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7330386
Himekaji here.
I've also wanted to try lolita for years but I'm too nervous of fucking it up and embarrassing myself. I'd love to go to a meet but I feel like I'd be an ita noob and just get posted here. I'm always lurking in lolita general/ita threads/help threads so I know what to do and not do but I just feel like I'm going to fuck it up somehow. But I live in NYC and the comm here is complete shit so I'm not too bummed.

>> No.7330406

>>7330388
>>7330379

Nah, I did not take the test for random "Look it up at the interwebs!!"-reasons.
I felt very bad for the past 6 month - I rarely go out, I avoid people because I cannot stand to talk to anyone, I cannot motivate myself to do anything, be it work or Uni stuff. I feel sad most of the time and angry because I feel sad for no reason. I feel like a social retard because in the past 3 month I did not make any friends or even met someone from Uniersity outside the Uni. I feel like I cannot relate to anyone. I get annoyed so fast and I am rude to everyone around me even if they didnt do anything to me.
I just feel... Like a different person. I know myself, and I am currently at the lowest point in my life regarding my feels even if I am supposed to feel great.

>> No.7330407

Somebody help me stop buying bodyline. Please.

I have a wardrobe of nearly 20 bodyline main pieces and 15 blouses, boleros, etc from bodyline. Not to mention my bodyline shoe collection. I keep telling myself everytime I save up, to get something decent. Buy a nice offbrand piece, heck buy some brand. Then I always end up blowing it all on bodyline because I'm such a sucker for quantity over quality. I want a nice wardrobe, but I want a big wardrobe more-so. This needs to stop. It's become an addiction.
Addicted to bodyline. What the fuck.

>> No.7330414

>>7330400
Just do it.
If you never try, you will never know
Maybe you look like ita, maybe not, but no one is perfect and you will improve with time, step by step.

Just take it easy

>> No.7330416

>>7330407
I didn't think Bodyline had 20 passable main pieces? I thought there was only like five? Surely you'll run out of not-shit things to buy soon, and from there you should be fine.

How about, every time you buy a Bodyline piece, make yourself sell three of the ones that you already have, but don't do this for non-Bodyline purchases. Maybe you can condition yourself against Bodyline, haha.

>> No.7330418

>>7330378
Can anyone tell me the story behind her? I've looked up some but there's not much concrete

>> No.7330426

>>7330407
If you coord it well, does it matter?

Your post makes me feel better about wanting to spend close to $200 soon. But I did promise myself no brand until I hit my weight loss goals.

>> No.7330441

>>7330373
I posted a responses to this and it ended up not showing up. I apologize if I end up making a double post.

I've had depression since I was 12 so I totally get where you are coming from anon. I have a supportive and loving family, great friends, and a good life. But when you have depression you feel like you are alone and dying inside. My advice is to surround yourself with friends and family, do the things you love, look for a therapist and talk about your feelings, and stay positive even if there is nothing to be positive about. I know it is hard to go out and socialize and pretend you are happy when you're not but you have to try and live life to the fullest.
I hope you figure out what is going on and start to feel better anon.

>> No.7330443

>>7330407
All that matters is how you coordinate it. Remember, there are some girls that would be jealous of your wardrobe. However if you want to stop buying bodyline, the only thing I suggest is to buy something from closet child for the same price as a bodyline OP and then compare the difference in quality. I'm sure you'll fall in love with higher quality pieces and want to scrap your bodyline wardrobe. But I really wouldn't worry about it, anon!

>>7330416
I have 8 bodyline main pieces that I think are all very lovely. Then again, I suppose it depends on how high or low your standards are for quality.

>> No.7330449

>>7330378
People seem to be attracted to her face, which is all just photoshop. That's about all they see of her and immediately it's "Omg she's so pretty she must be an amazing person"

Did people actually get more superficial over the past decade or was I just too unaware of it before?

>>7330418
Oh god where to begin.
>She's a scam artist.

She's sold prints of herself without asking permission from the photographers, and has ignored their messages about it.

She's had multiple online stores. One which she claims wasn't her even though the whois data shows the site is registered under her alias.

She's stolen other people's art and photography for use on her clothing and made blatant knockoffs of other people's accessories.

Many of the products are nothing like the quality on the sites. cut-off shirts have literally been "cut off" with scissors hastily, images aren't vectored before being printed so instead of getting a clean image on a shirt people have gotten giant squares with a picture in them.

People have confirmed that as soon as she makes a sale, she spends the money and then procrastinates shipping or even making the item. She's ripped many people off this way.

(It's hilarious how these bullet points can also apply to many other e-celeb's stores over the past few years It's like they all take after each other's poor choices)

>She's a photoshop queen
She actually looks ridiculously average compared to the Felice Fawn you normally see. Her lips are thinner, her face is rounder and puffier, her nose is more bulbous, her jaw and cheeks aren't as defined, etc.

She, of course, denies all of it.

She also has photoshopped her arms, legs, and waist thinner. She normally has a very boxy, shapeless frame.

(cont.)

>> No.7330454

Lolita friend is trying to stir up shit in our comm using a second tumblr.
IDK why, she's nice really, super sweet in person. But keeps sucking up to certain people online, and then posting shit about them and others elsewhere.
It's not cool, but I dont want to say anything incase she starts on me.

>> No.7330456

>>7330449
Oh wow, I also just looked up her blog as well, what's up with the satanic stuff? Just 2edgy4u stuff?

>> No.7330459

>>7330400
Fellow NYC resident here. I'm a big fan of gothic lolita but don't own any dresses yet. I know the feel. NYC Lolita scene is filled to the brim with itas. We should just go off on our own and start lolita together. The comm scares me.

>> No.7330460

>>7330454

>IDK why, she's nice really, super sweet in person.

Not sure if I'd use 'nice' on her. Sweet, maybe, because it's easy to fake sweet.

>> No.7330461

I have to move in around a year because of work. I almost don't want to. My comm is the sweetest on earth. I keep hearing horror stories about the various other comms I could potentially join, and quite frankly, I'm pretty put off by most of them.

I don't want to leave my super nice comm.

>> No.7330465
File: 1018 KB, 557x374, 1325997843943.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My measurements are 38-31-37. (Not having bigger hips makes me feel so masculine, but that's another story.) I'm not obese, but I'm not skinny either. I'm kind of just, in that awkward in-between stage and it sucks! I want to buy cute new clothes, but not until I get a <30 inch waist. I have a lot of reasons for losing weight, (mainly to feel better about myself, and to get /fit./) but one of the reasons is for cosplay, and I've always wanted to wear lolita! I want to dive into cosplay and lolita so badly right now, waiting is so difficult.

I was at a weight loss plateau for months, until I began lifting 3x a week, eating 1700 cal of lean meat, veggies and fruits six days a week. (I have one cheat day.) It's working! However it requires me to really work to eat right.

Getting rather personal, I have two ways with dealing with my problems and my stress, self harm and eating. I've tried to stop both, but I've discovered when I stop doing one, the desire to do the other increases tenfold. I haven't self harmed in two weeks, and I want to just eat everything in my house. It doesn't help that my parents buy up the wazoo in junk food.

>mfw

>> No.7330481

>>7330449
>She uses animals as props
Countless times she brags about "rescuing" animals. Those animals all end up dying in her care. She has complained so many times about being poor, yet she continues to take in animals and neglect them.

Countless times she's claimed animals "ran away" or "got eaten by another animal" after being "given to her dad. Quotation marks because it's suspected they never even make it to her dad and just die in her (lack of) care.

Worst of all
>She completely, utterly, without a doubt glorifies and glamorizes eating disorder, alcohol and hard drug addiction, and self harm
Which is what gets me the most because Alexa data has shown her primary audience is girls under 25. I was a misguided, neglected teen once, and I had trouble with self harm. To see someone who is essentially in the position of a role model promoting it and other, much worse, things to girls at that age is absolutely disgusting.

She openly says she had an ED and claims to have recovered and not be pro-ana, but she routinely posts pictures using typical "thinspo" poses like hunching over to show her emaciated ribs or leaning forward and twisting her legs to show her stick legs and lack of belly fat. People have been "triggered" by her pictures and Google's auto complete shows ED terms are most commonly searched with her name, but she acts like she isn't aware of her fame in pro-ana communities and when someone actually said they relapsed because of her, she poked fun at the person and said "well if people aren't posting me then they're just posting someone else"

She also denies she still has an ED, but she definitely does.

She has photos where she's showing off cuts on her arms, has photoshopped her self harm scars to be more apparent in some pictures which feature her arms as a primary focus, and there's some who suspect some of the fresh cuts in some of her pictures may be photoshopped on.

>> No.7330483

>>7330481
She snorted coke live on webcam and bragged about it on Twitter, and her sister commented along the lines of "you're doing that again?" indicating she's had drug addictions before. She's also bragged about drinking 4 bottles of wine in a day, and made her alcoholism highly apparent in other posts, but denies she's still addicted to alcohol.

She's a typical histrionic and her entire act can be summed up as "I'm an innocent little injured fawn who suffers from so much, pay attention to me and give me money so I feel better."

>>7330456
Probably 3edgy5u. She claims to be a "lifestyle goth" but people have seen her out and about and have said she looks so fucking normal you'd hardly recognize her. I think the goth aesthetic is just used to amplify her act of constantly suffering.

>> No.7330488

>>7330414
You're right. I'd rather try and fail than look back and wish I at least tried. I'm going to look through a couple indie brand Taobao shops and put together a coord. I'll keep posting in the coord/help threads so I don't have any doubts. Thanks, anon.

>>7330459
Yeah, I'm looking to start classic and I might just hang out with some other lone lolitas. I meet up with a seagull last week and she said she wanted to start a new comm completely separate from the NYC one. I have another lolita friend who says she's on board so we could really start a new community.

>> No.7330491

>>7330305
i've been considering doing that and just switching to rockabilly.
less layers that way.

>> No.7330495

>>7330373
I know you've gotten plenty of responses so far, but I figured I'd pitch in considering you sound a lot like me. I started experiencing depression symptoms when I was 9 and it went untreated until I was a senior in high school. I too have had a REALLY good life but I was extremely suicidal even though I thought I had nothing to be sad over. I've been in therapy for about 5 years and still have a long way to go because it went untreated for so long.

It's a chemical imbalance and you can't help it. Don't think that the things you're feeling are your fault because they're not. Get some help before it gets worse.

Best of luck, anon. I know how hard this must be fore you when it feels like it's your fault. But trust me, nobody will think you're faking if you seek professional help. <3

>> No.7330504

>>7330454
what comm?

>> No.7330514

>>7330406
I'm gonna quote what the majority have said, it's probably a chemical imbalance in your brain. Please go get help anon! so many people dont get help for their mental disorders and they could live such better lives if they did!

>> No.7330530
File: 654 KB, 270x180, 1381796139160.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only friends I have are internet friends. My only points of contact with people who aren't coworkers or family members are the internet and when I go out.

I got rid of a bunch of my clothes and kept the ones that were small enough to fit me after dropping some weight in depression. The ones I kept were mostly things I never wore in public, such as OTKs, shorter skirts, fandom hoodies, slimmer-fitting pants. I'm saving money, but I bought a few shirts and jeans. I only change out of pajamas when I leave the house, and when I do, I wear those clothes to the store, or out to eat. I get critical looks because I'm in a skirt and tights+socks instead of pants, and some people even outright say things behind me about it being too cold, like they think I'm deaf.

My legs are colder when I wear jeans... And when it's warm, if you can see a bit of my leg over the knee past my socks when I walk, it's the most scandalous thing. Never mind that I used to have hair down to my rear and wore high twintails, if I did that now in combination with my clothes I would probably die of embarrassment.

Should I just give up and forgo it all for some pants? I'm not in a position to cosplay for the time being, and wearing socks and skirts makes me feel like a kawaii bishoujo desu. But maybe I just look like a slutty weeaboo 13-year-old who gets dressed in the dark.

>> No.7330603

>>7330530
Anon, I haven't worn pants in two years. I wear twintails sometimes when I wear thigh highs since I think it looks adorable. Yeah, I get weird looks but it can't be helped. Even if you wore pants people would still find something to bitch about. I stopped wearing jeans because my legs get so cold in them during the winter. Tights with OTKs so warm to me but people really don't get it.

I'm not sure where you're from but thigh highs are starting to become really popular in America, from what I see. Hopefully it won't be such an odd sight anymore.

>> No.7330613

>>7330603
This.

>>7330530
Seems like youre whining about nothing. I haven't worn pants in forever and I just wear skirts and OTKs

>> No.7330658

I'm 24 and I love lolita so much, but am thinking about giving it up. I just moved away from a great place where I was a lone lolita, but my regular friends and society accepted me for it, and my other friends loved my outfits. Now that I've moved away I sit around and do nothing. The comm out here isn't super active (they are a bit and that's nice) but they are also younger than me by a bit, so it can be hard to relate and make friends.
I really miss my old friends, who weren't lolitas but were just insanely chill and awesome. I thought I might be able to make new friends through the comm, but it doesnt look like that's going to happen.
I also just lost the job I moved away for, recently. So now I'm back to square one, just with no friends.

>> No.7330671

>>7330603
>>7330613
My true concerns are that my image of myself doesn't match what other people are actually seeing. Like, how do you judge? Do you just throw your shit on and hope for the best? Interpersonal presence is fucking puzzling.

>> No.7330686

>>7330530
I know this feel. I used to dress in sloppy tomboy shit 24/7. I've started to make my wardrobe a bit more feminine and am getting stares and comments that make me pretty uncomfortable. I'm used to being invisible and I don't know if I just look like a dumb slut or what. I like the way I look (skirts, blouses, OTKs/thigh highs) but feel uncertain whenever I leave the house.

On a cosplay-related note, I'm handstitching a hem for a really huge garment. Holy fuck this is taking an eternity. First time ever, guess I'll get better with practice, but shit.

>> No.7330881

>>7330406
I had a similar experience, pretty happy life, super motivated and stuff. Then starting my second year of uni I started feeling less and less motivated and didn't understand what was happening. I went from straight A's to flunking half my classes in the space of a year, and I didn't realize it was depression, just thought it was stress and felt really guilty about it. It felt like I was no longer myself, and I ended up breaking down and not seeking treatment for a long time.

Please, please go get checked out by a medical professional. Even just to know what your options are. It took getting on medication for me to realize it wasn't my fault, it was just something wrong in my brain.

>> No.7330924

I wish I could find some motivation to get all of the costumes I want to do done. I always start a project, get from 20%-75% finished, and then depression hits, and I abandon it to go cry under my covers. And when I feel good enough to get back to work, I'm intimidated by it and feel like I'll fuck it up, so I just start something new instead, and the cycle starts all over.

I also wish I had cosplay friends in the city I just moved to, but I won't be living here past July, so I feel weird even trying to get close to people just to leave again. I wish my cosplay friends from back home would ever commit to getting a group done. It's clear that I'm always on the backburner when their costumes with other people who live closer look great, and then when it comes to what we're doing together, they either don't get them done or totally half ass it.

I'm going to start tomorrow in setting crafting daily goals for myself, just small things to ensure I keep working and in hopes that I'll hit a groove and want to do more and more. We'll see.

>> No.7330999
File: 350 KB, 1398x993, rlk_jikanwari.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have worked my uni timetable around my lolita comm monthly meet ups.
Lolita dragged my arse out of depression this year and made me really desire something more out of my life. I'm worried that if I don't have the regular frilly contact whilst I'm at uni I'll get slack and lose all motivation to even get out of bed.
It may seem like getting out of bed and being motivated by a bunch of dresses is a stupid reason is live, but right now it's working and it makes me feel like there'll be even better things on the horizon to make me feel internally motivated to keep improving my life.

>> No.7331077
File: 39 KB, 630x350, skimpy_woman120124file630.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i'd like to just try on a lolita dress but i'm 28 and 5'7 and a us size 2/4. i take really good care of my skin and hair, but don't know shit about makeup. it seems like it would be fun to a certain extent; never really got into the girly-girl thing.

it seems if you get into being all pretty n shit at too old an age, you invariably end up looking like this chewed up piece of bitch. i'm better off just not.

>> No.7331120

>>7331077
Your loss. I'm 28 and into Lolita and fairy kei. I have a job and can pay for my hobby. Not everyone looks like an old hooker at 28. Maybe just you.

>> No.7331125

>>7330999
This is really cute anon. Are you from Bris comm by any chance?

>> No.7331128

I feel like I've lost all of my motivation to work on cosplay. For a year or two, almost every time I said "I'm gonna cosplay ___, I'm gonna start working on it," someone would come to me saying "Oh yeah I'm gonna be someone from that same series! Wait for me and we'll do it together!" And then..... they never.... did it. And I felt like an asshole if I worked on stuff ("What do you mean you're almost done with __ anon?? I thought we were gonna cosplay together") so I just kind of stopped.

And now I don't ever feel like working. It's got such a negative connotation now. Not to mention that I've been kind of depressed and I've gained weight because of it and I'm really upset about it. I want to work out but I hate doing it in front of other people and I share a room. I know the answer is stop making excuses and just fucking do it, but it's hard. How do you get motivated when you hate yourself so much.
/rant

>> No.7331131

>>7331120
>chewed up piece of bitch

case in point

>> No.7331155

>>7331077
You should try flirty lolita!

>> No.7331159

You know what I'm tired of? Cosplayers claiming territory and characters. "Florida's Deadpool" "Long Island Batman" "California's Catwoman" "Random ass location's generic character" etc..

please just stop. Please stop "claiming" characters. You are embarrassing an entire region of people. You are not a celebrity, you are pathetic.

>> No.7331227

>cosplay friend gets mad at you for a post on facebook
>deletes you with both of their accounts
>i make a joke on my friend's status/joke about food
>comment from first person "lol yeah but that won't fix your rotten personallity! jk xD"

>> No.7331613
File: 9 KB, 405x344, aa4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>my cousin came over for birthday dinner from my brother
> Half asian, half german
>Thin, long legs, cutest face, nice clothes
>10/10
>super nice and adorable, good with kids, everyone likes her
>family comments about how pretty she is and how pretty she will continue to grow

>mfw I felt ridiculous for dressing up (no one noticed/commented anyway)
>mfw I will never be that cute and nice
>mfw I feel bad for being jealous, especially since she has a heart of gold and really likes me

I love my cousin and she is one of the nicest person ever, I wish I wouldnt be that jealous of other people, but I just cant help it. ;_:

>> No.7331626

>>7331125
Yep, I wasn't very active last year so I'm hoping to be more this year. Hope to meet you at a dinner sometime ~

>> No.7331646

>tfw started lolita in winter 2012
>still hardly anything in wardrobe bc poorfag
>am chubby-chan
>44-38-42(?)
>look pretty average in normalfag clothes, look huge in muh rori
>inbetween smaller roris and superwhales
>tfw fugbabbyface and whales always look better than me
>super fucking jelly of cutie whale-chans
>pettis make me look balloon-ish
>finally gave up and said "fuck it" and wears all the pettis
>still too shy to go to a comm meet
>doesnt want to be short fat fug bitch of the bunch
and that's my whining for the night

>> No.7331651

>>7331646
just dress for your body. Buy a waist corset (NOT underbust) to give yourself a shape. Try on your dresses without a petti, your hip size might make them balance out, which is why they could make you baloonish. Find a smaller petti without as much fluff if you need a bit extra. Invest in some shape-wear or even a bust minmizer.

>> No.7331654
File: 174 KB, 850x1201, 1390818118866.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>making over the top, extreme bitchy post on /cgl/ because someone was being absolutely retarded to the point where I just "had" to call them out on it
>boyfriend looks over my shoulder
>hide computer screen from him
>he assumes I'm flirting with people on the internet (which I've done in the past, but many months ago)
>he puts up this huge pout and gets annoyed because he thinks I'm going back to my "whorish actions" and makes me show him the post
>he reads my entire bitchy rant while I hide my face in shame
no.. I was just embarrassed that he caught me being so catty, that's why I hid it from him. the only time I've hid the screen from him was when I'm being a catty bitch or looking at porn
Its getting quite old.

>> No.7331655

I guess this goes under selling/buying lolita, but I've noticed a trend lately of sellers not wanting to pay paypal fees for selling their shit and wanting the buyer to pay it or wanting hundreds of dollars in gift payments and it's tacky and rude as fuck

>be me
>go to seller about $370 dress
>seller wants everything in gift payments
>fuck no are you out of your mind
>"but I don't want to pay fees!!!"

or another girl in my comm

>friend agrees to pay for item
>gets invoice
>notices invoice is slightly more than agreed price
>"hey seller, whats this? It's not the price we agreed on"
>"Oh its for paypal fees"

If you can't take fees into consideration when selling, don't sell online idk

>> No.7331656

>>7331077

I say go for it. make-up is easy enough to learn with plenty of practice. in a few years you might still want to try it and regret you didnt start at 28. If you want to do something it's always worth trying, don't overthink it or worry about how long you can keep it up. one of the best classic lolis Ive ever seen was 50 something.

>> No.7331657

>>7331654
I tilt the screen away casually when we're both lying next to each other in bed

>> No.7331660

>>7331657
same, but when he looks over and I'm like
"no don't look"
its the end of the world unless I show him right that second

>> No.7331659

>>7330264
>I'm starting to think they're playing favorites and it sucks.

They probably are. What comm is this?

>> No.7331662

>>7330671

I know this feel so much. I have an image in my head of how I want to look and attempt to dress in a similar way but I'm so shit at judging whether or not I look like my ideal or just some confused fuck. confidence seems to be able to make just about any look work, but how do you even begin to build it when trying something out of the ordinary?

>> No.7331665

>>7331654

made me giggle. thats cute, anon..

>> No.7331667
File: 1.12 MB, 243x210, cuddles.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7330658

perhaps make this post in an international online community for lolitas other than /cgl/ and post location - maybe there are others in your area who feel the same way! I certainly do but Im sure you don't live in norway.

>> No.7331669

>>7331227
What was the initial post about?

>> No.7331672
File: 574 KB, 1200x699, 1389565623107.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Going to Pamyu Pamyu Seattle concert
>Made cute clothes for said concert a very eye popping vest and matching skirt
>But it's fucking cold still and I'm taking the ferry to and from Seattle
>Decisions, just not good with them

>> No.7331675 [DELETED] 
File: 550 KB, 499x307, raku-chan.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7331651
(prob gonna get banned for this but ok)
i /wish/ i could get all those things, but im underagefag.
>inb4 oh no get outta here underage!
yes, i know, sorry.
I prefer talking to anons here because people tend to be more blunt/truthful. Now onto the issue.
>showed parent corsets/shapewear before
>"you dont need it anon!"
>shows parent binders/minimizer bras
>"you dont need it anon!"
>parent literally refuses to let me utilize these things. parent thinks im trying to "be a boy"
also, ive put on my clothes before with no petti, they're still limp and sad looking, and i love the look of poof, which is the whole issue. i love the way the chocoberry cut looks on me though (empire waist?). i suppose im shit outta luck until i eventually get up outta here. online friends think im cute but i feel like balloon-chan. thanks for reading.

>> No.7331679

>>7331675
try to make your own money then. Or just wait till 18.

>> No.7331688

>>7331679
im trying! currently applying for every job i see on snagajob, but i live in a small town with a pretty big teen presence and so jobs go fast.
>keeps dreaming of huge wardrobe

>> No.7331695

>>7331688

Gonna have to think outside the box a little.

>walk dogs
>weed gardens
>babysit
>fold laundry

ect

>> No.7331696

>>7331695
Deliver junkmail/newspapers
Tutor (if you are good at a particular subject)

>> No.7331979

>>7331655
This, so much. Just tack on the fees to the price or take the hit. I have done gift payments for purchases before, but it's only for people I know locally.

>> No.7331992

>>7331077

>tfw great asian genes that will make you perpetually young until menopause

Yesssssss I have until at least my late 30s, possibly more if I take good care of my skin.

>> No.7332054
File: 797 KB, 320x240, yatta-o.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>going out with new guy, I'm interested
>accidentally drop term 'poorfag'
>he asks if I go on fourchan
>ohshit.jpg, spaghetti falls out of my bag, yes
>he's /pol/ but knows about /cgl/
>he likes lolita and is cool with it
>even after all my spaghetti has flown everywhere he asks me out on another date
>mfw

>> No.7332081
File: 9 KB, 160x160, 1390851323583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>started Uni last year, havent really made any friends
>theres one girl I get along well though

>need to go to library
>she lends me her USB-stick so I can cscan a book, I place it in my bag
>in the end I did not need to use it
>in the evening I remember it, want to place it in my usual bag so I can give it back
>its not there
>panic
>search my whole room, it cannot be anywhere else
>cannot find it
>what the fuck have I done
>mfw I must have lost the USB stick somehow
>mfw I lost the USB stick of a girl I barely know
>mfw

How can I explain that I am an irresponsible shithead who somehow managed to lose her USB-stick? Shit fucking shit, I hate myself so much. My only chance is that I somehow lost it at the library and it got found, but I doubt that.
Oh dear got I can neer look into her yes again and we share 4 classes... How do I explain this??

>> No.7332115

>>7332081
Apologize profusely and buy her a new one of the same capacity as the one you can't find. Don't ask if she wants a new one, just replace the one you lost. Buying her a new one shows that you aren't an awful and completely irresponsible person, and that you feel bad about misplacing her property.

>> No.7332118

>>7332081
Oh god, I can not imagine that feel. Maybe lost and found has it? Or you can make it up to her by buying a new one with more bytes?

>> No.7332119
File: 167 KB, 297x405, 1330996184341.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

One of the best dressed and nicest lolitas from my comm suddenly started serious attention whoring, with making stupid gifs of herself included. On top of it, her behaviour got immature - she starts a shitstorm on a slightest negative feedback. It's fucking annoying, yet I can't really do anything because she has been in the comm for longer than me and is friends with most of the girls.

>> No.7332127

>Tfw spent 4 months on a cosplay, wore it for 6 hours, only got stopped for 4 photos

I don't understand how my cosplay didn't get as much attention. It's a really big cosplay, and worse someone who bought the ebay version of my cosplay got more photos than me.

>> No.7332136
File: 6 KB, 208x250, 1365880037452s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7330252
Tfw no cosplaying gf.
Ppl around my age gives me shit for my hobbies,
Those that are into it are to young.

>> No.7332154

>>7332115

I will buy her a new one, I hae no other choice. I am more worried that there might be data on it that cannot be replaced that easily...

>>7332118
That feel is horrible, haha. Especially since she just wrote me a text to remind me about it. I feel like a horrible person and I want to crawl in a hole and cry. :/

>> No.7332168

>>7332127
Who did you cosplay? Maybe people just aren't familiar with the series/character.

>> No.7332181

why cant i just start my fucking homework

why

why the fuck cant I just sit down and do this. why must i hate everything i do, and not even start. im fucking useless.

>> No.7332179

>>7332154
Usually if I lend someone a USB stick I've taken off anything important. I think most people do, especially when it's someone you don't know well.

>> No.7332195

I wanna be a chubby girl but if I do become chubby anything I cosplay will be considered bad

>> No.7332200
File: 43 KB, 334x340, 34537654747.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7332181

Are you me? I felt eactly like you do, exept I finally started my homework toady (it is due to today) and handed it in after I lazely wrote shit because I had no more time and handed it in 7 hours late and I will now probably fail this class...
And I hate myself now because the task would hae been so easy and manageable if I had just started in time.

What do I learn from this? Just start, Once you did this, it will be easier. Do it in small steps and reward yourself after doing small steps. Dont repeat my mistakes.

Go anon, you can do it!

>> No.7332205
File: 106 KB, 450x1225, 1375317716722.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Making cosplay plans with friends
>Oh yeah, this is gonna be awesome.
>SURPRISE, YOU'RE PREGNANT!

Welp, there goes the cosplay plans. We're holding off telling our friends until I have my first sonogram to be absolutely 100% sure(though most likely I am)
>My husband's and mfw my test came out positive.

>> No.7332215

>>7332179
Wat? I thought you were always supposed to lend your porn pen drive to people you dont know! :(

>> No.7332239

>>7332215
Hah. Honestly I'd probably even leave porn on it.

But actually important shit would be moved or I'd at least have another copy somewhere, because people are shitlords, and accidents happen. I've accidentally deleted everything off of my own drives before (because I'm a moron) so I wouldn't put it past someone else to do it.

>> No.7332249

>>7332205
congrats anon!

>> No.7332326

>>7331626
Oh wow! I wasn't very active last year either. It'll be nice to meet you. I was also planning on scheduling my timetable around the Friday too. May I ask what uni you study at?

>> No.7332351

>plan a couple cosplay for denver comic con
>Requires me to be in wedding dress. Decide it would be cheaper to construct one from scratch
>extremely nervous about starting from lack of skill and experience
>Only friend who really knew how to sew moved far away so I can't ask anyone for help

I have no idea where to start and I'm really afraid of screwing this up. I was going to start this weekend and I have the design and plenty of references just... 2 scary 4 me.

>> No.7332384

>>7332181
>>7332200

This feel. I signed up for a writing class (I'm STEM so I don't need it anyway but it sounded fun and I needed to fill up my credits) and there are things due for everyday that we have class. Sometimes over the weekend too. I have a presentation + a 2-4 page story due on Wednesday. I have an open document right now and it's blank.

>tfw regret, so much regret

>> No.7332404

>>7332205
Your happiness is definitely infectious, anon. Congrats and best of luck.

>> No.7332448
File: 323 KB, 469x370, Rose.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7332404
>>7332249
Thank you. We're both really excited(My husband has been looking forward to becoming a daddy for ages, it just took awhile for me to finally become pregnant). He was telling me I should start a thread asking for pregnant cosplay suggestions. I'll probably be avoiding most of the con scene while pregnant anyway.

>> No.7332457
File: 226 KB, 477x354, 1382052777820.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not sure if this belongs here or the con horror story thread, but I still don't know enough details so I might as well post it here. I just feel the need to rant about it.
>get to hang out with friend and his group for a bit at con, let's call him 'Z'
>haven't been able to hang out before since a girl in their group has been really bitchy all weekend but she decided to stay back in the room so it's cool
>have fun for a while until she calls Z and starts freaking out about how they "left her" even though they told her they were going to be out, and she was in a bad mood and decided to stay in the room in the first place
>she eventually says something (i don't know what) that makes Z get really upset and me and another friend of his have to comfort him for a few minutes
>i've only heard the occasional story about this girl from Z and end up learning just how unstable she is and how she causes problems for not only him but the whole group by being an egotistical, guilt-tripping brat
>hear from Z the night after we all get home she ended up causing a lot of stress for him when they went back up to the room and was in a rotten mood the next day until she left
On the bright side, we managed to get back into the swing of things shortly after she called and caused issues. We had fun, his other friends turned out to be really cool people etc. But still, yikes. I feel so bad for all of them and just wish them the best with dealing with her.

>> No.7332738
File: 126 KB, 1280x720, [592779-magi___07___large_02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have a friend who went through a lot of hardships
>child abuse, lost his parents, and several other horrible things. One of the saddest people I know.
>he loves anime and this weekend I took him to his first anime convention
I had never seen him so happy. It was like his emotional and physical scars were healed even if it was for just a couple days.

>> No.7332855

>>7331672
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I do not recommend wearing valuable clothes to the Kyary concert. People at that venue WILL push continuously to get a better location, and it will be sweaty and muggy for everyone due to the crowd and dancing.

>> No.7332879
File: 270 KB, 704x368, osono.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7332448
please do this oh my gosh

>> No.7333216
File: 318 KB, 235x182, tumblr_lndq0kHENe1qzfn59.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> When you look in on the draw thread and all anyone wants to do is draw the itas.
What in the world? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, seagulls hate itas but this time...

Just strikes me as odd and a little bass akwards

>> No.7333224

>>7333216
As a somewhat lazy artfag, I gott admit, itas are simpler to draw and/or more artistically pleasing. I suppose lots of "Lolita" artwork is horrendously ita for a reason.

>> No.7333225
File: 765 KB, 847x629, Ks_(6).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7332879
2nding this

or alternatively, do cowboy bebop and that one fake pregnant chic from episode 1

>> No.7333236

>>7333216
I hate that there is so much asspatting that barely anyone calls out the itas, or will insist that "oh those shoes look fine" "she can type like a weeaboo if she wants"

no. fucking nip that shit in the bud, you aren't doing anyone any favors by letting them act that way. not even the people you asspat themselves.

>bass akwards
dat disgraphia. its ok anon

>> No.7333244

>>7330491
it's cuter than lolita anyway

>> No.7333254

>>7333224
I understand it and it is nice sometimes (I dunno if you feel this way tho anon) when you can make an ita feel nice about herself by giving them a nice pic but jeez...

At least for the people doing that might wanna put something in there like "This is a nice first try but you might want to change your blouse and get a better petticoat. This picture might help--" Just a thought though.

>>7333236
Agreed, this is how more little itas come around. They go and run off and tell their friends how 'super kawaii ^_^' they look and share their ita ways and them bam. You have comms overrun with them.
My bad anon, would you rather I wrote it ass backwards

wtf are these captchas also? Jeez
>jbwegfwefwebge rock

>> No.7333317

Probably a little TMI, but fuck it.
I just realized I'll be on my period for a con and the character I'm cosplaying has white pants. Fuck, I'm so nervous. I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I make sure to pad up properly, but I'm still nervous.

>> No.7333319
File: 25 KB, 200x200, p2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>>/i/413715
doubles

>> No.7333326

>>7333317

I had that happen to me at AX'10. I started right on day 0 and I ended up staying in my hotel room until I said fuck this, i'm cosplaying, and doubled up with a tampon and a pads.

lots of meds helped with the cramps too.

>> No.7333347

>try to make full armor
>way above my skill level
>running out of time
>working all day, every day, for weeks
>day before con, armor not finished, but looking good
>don't go to bed, take 1 hour naps instead
>fuck everything up in my sleepy haste, straight up break/rip pieces
>give up
>get old shitty cosplay
>try not to cry

$150+ and countless hours of wasted time. It was a harsh lesson to learn. But at the very least, I've discovered an intense love for spray paint, and plan on using it as frequently as is reasonable.

>> No.7333352

>>7333317
>>7333326
This, double up with a tampon and pad, and wear tight undies. Also double up with a pair of biker shorts/period pants if you're comfortable with it.

>> No.7333358

>>7333347

I totally feel your pain. I rushed to make a perfect replica of Renton's refboard from Eureka Seven, and after dealing with a ton of toxic chemicals and burns on my skin, I gave up and just went to the con with my half assed prop. To top it off, it broke halfway through the con. I have a whole new respect for people who do high-grade props and start months in advance.

>> No.7333381

>>7333358
It really gave me a whole new respect for people who make flawless costume armor pieces. It also taught me my limitations. I need to do something much less complicated next time.

>> No.7333393

>>7333254
>tfw my autistic little mind just got the joke
is it bad that I actually hoped that you had dysgraphia? I have it and I misstype shit all the time, it pisses people online off to no end, so I just blow it off as autocorrect.

>> No.7333402

>>7333216
>bass akwards
other people...do this too? I would do this on accident and found it so funny that I just kept doing it on purpose, to cover up when I do it accidentally. It's nice to know there's a name for it.

>> No.7333407

>>7333393
Awe gosh. Sorry anon! Grab my petticoat, we'll get through this together

>> No.7333416
File: 33 KB, 500x500, tumblr_n03gzuhl5A1rhavdko1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7333407
thanks. Its really bad sometimes. some people feel the need to correct everything, or when I make an argument its just "hah, well your grammar/spelling sucks! try going to school next time hun, and then get back to me, mmkay?"
and its like, no, I didn't mean to type things that horribly, but I did. its just a gamble of whether or whether not something is going to come out bad when I make a post, because 85% of the time I don't notice it until after someone points it out or I post it.
I hope other anons have this problem too, but next time someone corrects me in an obnoxious way, I'm just going to post pic related

>> No.7333440
File: 44 KB, 251x231, 1355282620311.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm addicted to /cgl/.
I spend way too much time here lurking in threads, checking every new reply, even in threads that I barely care about.

Goddammit, seagulls.

>> No.7333449

>>7333440
Me too anon... I spam refresh the catalog all day long and it just fuels my procrastination. I'm starting to worry I wont be able to finish my cosplay at this rate.

>> No.7333451
File: 11 KB, 251x231, 1347984098250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7333440
same here. I do almost nothing but go on /cgl/ and tumblr all day every day.
my homepage is set so it opens to those two tabs.
I feel like this is going to continue until I finally get a job

>> No.7333455

>>7333451
Are you me? Cute Lain by the way.

>> No.7333462
File: 85 KB, 400x300, 26645011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7333449
>>7333451
>>7333455
Holy fuck you guys, I'm so glad I'm not in this alone.
This looks like a really bad samefag though, lol.

>> No.7333475

I've met people who have screwed me over. People have stabbed me in the back, lied to me, or are just outright unforgiving. I don't really have too many friends. Have I just met the wrong people or am I really just that awful of a person?

I'm mostly just a bit naive, a bit spaghetti, but I always mean well, I just come across as creepy. What do?

>> No.7333489

>>7333475
I give off that vibe as well...
I guess I am just alone because I refuse to put up with bullshit and let's be honest, cosplay attracts a lot of bullshit. So it's really hard to say "I don't want to be friends with ____ because drama" without pissing off EVERYONE they are friends with.
Shrug.

>> No.7333492

>>7333489
Cosplay after a certain age becomes such a small circle where everyone knows everyone, and I absolutely hate it.

>> No.7333494

>>7333462
no, no its not. I saw someone post the photo and I was like
"holy shit, I know that feel, AND I have the same picture except facing the opposite direction"

>> No.7333500

>>7331651
Why not an underbust corset?

>> No.7333509

>>7333475
You sound exactly like me, but I don't come across as creepy, just awkward. It sucks that people like to take advantage when they see that you're friendly and lacking confidence.

>> No.7333510

I try my best to be nice to everybody on this board and make friends/have a clean happy reputation but I always end up saying something autistic in a desperate attempt to fit in because I hate my irl life/have no human interaction outside of my immediate family and end up getting shat all over.
tldr: I just want friends and smiley faces and what not but I always fuck it up somehow because I'm retarded.

>> No.7333513

>>7333509
Or worse, when the people you meet have even worse confidence and can't seem to tell you if you've somehow wronged them, and once you find out, it's too late.

>> No.7333515
File: 24 KB, 500x500, 13684608071822.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7333510
Oh, anon. I completely understand.

>> No.7333514

>>7333510
same here anon. do you have a tumblr or throwaway email?

I'm the one whose been making the friend threads, but had to stop because /fit/ is fucking horrid

>> No.7333516

>>7333510
I know your feels anon. I really wish I was better at making friends. It's depressing me more everyday.

>> No.7333526

>>7333514
>>7333515
>>7333516
are you people real
It's like everytime I make a post I think is smart, funny and cool I end up regretting it 60 seconds later.

also, email in field

>> No.7333535

>>7333526
I emailed you like already

>> No.7333542
File: 17 KB, 240x320, 0113132248-703137.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>always getting annoyed by people coming up to me in person and asking me if I'm a dude when I wear lolita, assume its because of my height
>see really ugly lolita online, manjaw, tall as hell
>assume its a brolita, whatever, brolitas are cool and this one knows how to dress herself
>meet the lolita at an event, she's a female, married and all, just tall and unfortunate
>like me
>mfw I realize I've become the people who I despise by assuming she was brolita
>mfw she probably goes through the same problems as me and I'm one of the problems
not a good feel

>> No.7333547

>staff for a well-known con
>area manager lets all of his shitty friends staff
>free weekend badge for them to jerk off in a panel room for an hour
>"but anon, they're helping!"
>no, they fucking aren't
>AM's friends drinking for 95% of con
>stay in AM's room when not working or relaxing
>get squished between some random fat guy's unwashed feet and glitter-covered cosplays on the floor

I fucking hate all of my area manager's friend staff.

>> No.7333551

>>7333535
replied!

>> No.7333557

>>7333514
Oh man, I liked those threads. Hopefully someday they will be safe to have again.

>> No.7333563

>>7333557
hopefully, I got a ban warning for it though. then I went on /cgl/ tinychat, and this girl was complaining about how "its alright for mods to delete things if they don't like it, and the mod doesn't like the friend thread therefore its bad and they will ban me for it"
worst piece of shit I've ever came in contact with, sad thing is, she wasn't joking.

>> No.7333593
File: 111 KB, 500x365, tumblr_mpoiqlYPax1svdorao1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>pic related has 17k notes
>why.jpg
>my photos are from actual shoots and look good enough yet they each get like 10 notes tops

>> No.7333594

>>7333593
are you using the first five tag spots to the best of your ability? Those are the only tags that your picture will show up in.

>> No.7333598

>>7333594
Yep. that's how I get the 10 notes. I only have a bit over 20 followers and they rarely reblog shit. Most followers I ever had was 50, I'm stumped at how people have thousands.

>> No.7333599

>>7333526
Where are you from, anon?

>> No.7333620

>>7333598
Post your tumblr in the tumblr /cgl/ thread and get some more followers

>> No.7333649

>>7332195
>wanting to be less healthy/attractive

Why would you do this to yourself?

>> No.7334013
File: 335 KB, 700x888, 9440_77cc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I'm sorta friends (by association and proximity) with a group of mostly borderline autists and I feel despair every time they announce wanting to cosplay another character 'cause 100% sure they'll fuck it up and look terrible. Problem is I don't really have the heart to tell them not to cosplay or that they look terrible, because some of them particularly said they don't care what people say. But I really don't want to see this bro's hairy gut hanging out when he decides to cosplay Ryuko.

On that note, sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere when it comes to groups of friends. I don't particularly fit anywhere so I end up kinda floatin around between groups and it gets pretty lonely.
It's either the borderline autists who can't cosplay for shit but are nice people, or the cool kids who are amazing cosplayers but can really be gossipy little fuckers sometimes.
I'm a noob ass cosplayer myself, so I'm not that much better than the autists, but I'm fortunate enough to be cute and know how to look good so the cool cats accept me, but I just can't keep up with them. I don't like their sense of humor especially when they actively make fun of people, especially when they're making fun of the other group of my friends. I'm not very social either and am quite shy so I just end up standing there doing nothing but smile and laugh. I'm so much more comfortable talking to these borderline autists/weebs/whatever, maybe because I'm one my self, who knows, but they're such a goddamn eyesore.

Maybe it's time to permanently move to lolita so I can buy all my clothes without being looked down on and still be kawaii, I don't know.

>> No.7334165

>Tfw you're doing an couple cosplay and someone else wants to be part of it

I'm so mad, my friend finally agreed to cosplay my otp with me, and my other friend found out and now wants in our group.
It ruins everything for me.

>> No.7334199
File: 205 KB, 648x341, suffering.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>find dream dress #1 on second hand rakuten for less than half of its original price
>almost cry tears of joy
>hurry and contact SS
>40 seconds later
>it's sold out

>> No.7334212

>>7333599
I live in the Antelope Valley, about an hour and a half from LA

>> No.7334336
File: 118 KB, 450x331, 543341231q.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>check out some egl wardrobe posts
>fucking amazing ones
>fabulous pieces everywhere
>so amazing my efforts feel like nothing
>lie down, cry and feel bad

Why did I do this to myself, the jealousy is overhelming

>> No.7334392
File: 79 KB, 541x960, 1390940658651.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this guy. He shows up at every con in the DFW area dressed like this..

Pic related, I snapped at a-kon last year, He'll likely be at scifi con this coming week, in this exact same outfit, as he's done so many times before

>> No.7334397

>>7334013
Same fucking feels, anon.

>be dfw area
>be surrounded by steampunk community
>everyone dresses like shit
>.0003% decent costumes
>popularity contest between the weebs, and the really bad cosplayers

>tfw I'll be going to a-kon, and every other con this year alone.

>> No.7334401

>>7334013
cont. I'm shy too. I know how that goes, to the point of fear of leaving my house sometimes. It's hell. :c If you were coming to a-con in dallas, we could hang out, for sure.

>> No.7334404

During my last con I refused to pose for guys who weren't at least a bit cute. How much of a bitch am I? Some of them looked pretty devasted when I said no.

>> No.7334416

There's only one con I can go to this year, but there's a reasonable chance I can't go during that time because of college will start around those same days.
Why must cons always be at shitty dates in this country. At least shitty dates for me.

>> No.7334425
File: 9 KB, 132x136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7334392
What the fuck

>> No.7334435

>>7330373
Feeling bad about it can be one of the symptoms. I was in the same boat-- nearly flunked out of a prestigious college because I just couldn't drag my ass out of bed because nothing on earth mattered any more. I went to the uni health center and had some sessions and got some meds and long story short, four years later I have a good job and am back to doing the things I enjoy. It's worth it to see someone, I promise.

Think of it like strep throat. When your symptoms get bad enough, you go to the doctor and get antibiotics, you don't just try and fight through on your own. Depression and related illnesses are ILLNESSES, and can be treated.

>> No.7334448

>>7334404
You probably single-handedly increased /r9k/'s user base by at least 20%.

>> No.7334456

>'lolita' friend spends all her money on dresses and accessories - no petticoat
>has been going on for months
>sends anon message encouraging her to buy a petticoat
>refuses, lolita doesn't have 'rules' and she is just 'a casual lolita' and 'doesn't like them'
>suddenly more anons message her telling her to buy a petti
>thinks it's all the same anon (me) and calls me an elitist and a coward.
>still not convinced she needs a petticoat

What's worse is she has focused so much on just trying to build up a wardrobe that no thought has gone into what is in it, it's all secondhand bodyline dresses and cheap ass accessories. She could sell half of them and have enough for brand dress and some decent socks and shoes, but then it'd be a waste since she won't buy a fucking petticoat to wear under it.

>> No.7334461

>>7334448
It didn't happen that often. I pretty much only refused the guys I didn't really like how they looked.

>> No.7334465

>>7334425
I fucking died

>> No.7334468
File: 437 KB, 1520x1080, 1390640721510.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7333440
>>7333455
>>7333462
>>7333451
Different anon here, but guys, we need a support group.
And jobs.

>> No.7334487

>>7334397
>>7334401
Sadly I live in Norcal, anon, else I'd hang with you too. ;; Texas is too far
Admittedly I think there are some amazing people here, both in skill and personality, but I'm too much of a wuss to speak to them or keep in touch even if I do 'cause I get the feeling I'll just bore them. Cons and gatherings are getting progressively lonlier to the point where I don't evem know why I go anymore, man.

>> No.7334491

>>7334456

A petticoat should be the first thing you purchase, everything looks like shite without it no to ways about it.

>> No.7334495

>>7334468
I've been in the neetirc, and the owner of the neetirc is female. there aren't many females over there, but she's made a female only neetchat room, the threads are ongoing over at /adv/ , and everyone is pretty cool, sure, we get a couple trolls, but they're ignored for the most part

>> No.7334493
File: 50 KB, 451x600, npkh82.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7334468
... yes its true. Too bad I lurk these boards in my job too.

>the feel when you have a lot of main pieces and never wear them because of i have very little to coord them with.

I need to focus on blouses, bags, shoes and accessories jfc

>> No.7334497

>>7334491
This. I bought a petti months before I got my first dress.

Anon, I hope your friend person calms the fuck down and stops being such a sandy vagina about it.

>> No.7334509

>>7334456
whats her blog?

>> No.7334516

>>7334495
I'm part of the Steam group that was made on /adv/ for neets but so far, I've never talked to anyone or seen the chat room used.
If you use it, maybe make a post on the community wall so I can find you?

>>7334493
>I lurk these boards in my job too
Oh dear.

>> No.7334523

>>7334516
I'm Fluff, and damn I am glad another female is there

>tfw me and my boyfriend are known as the neetchat's kinky couple
I should of never let him into that chat

>> No.7334534

>>7334456

Kindly direct her to the nearest Ita thread.

>> No.7334652

>>7334199
What dress was that? It wasn't on Violet Blue was it? Cause I just bought something off there.

>> No.7334657

>>7334456
Admittedly I'm doing the same thing, I keep buying dresses and dresses but I still have no decent petticoat (have a crap bodyline one) or shoes. So my clothes are stuck in my wardrobe sitting there.

>> No.7334694
File: 33 KB, 350x372, 1390770731100.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be short, flat.
>wear serafuku, yellow hat and square red backback.
>approach hamplanet lolitas
>one dressed in 30 laters of lace says "gh what are you doighn"
>"oh im doing loli fashion. I wonder if ill get by picture tak-
>The largest "lolita" snorts and glares at me
>"GH! Wagt are you talkig about you arent a loli like ush, fuggin go away little flatso"
>mfw

>> No.7334775
File: 42 KB, 500x375, 1376321141922.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to buy a prop for cosplay
>find a girl selling it used for half the price it normally is
>cheap shipping
>she throws in the matching wig for free

>> No.7334798

>>7334694
To be fair, dressing up as a five year old and calling it 'loli fashion' kind of crosses boundaries with girls who call lolita 'loli. Sure, she was an ita, but she still might cross the words lolita and loli together just for an abbreviation.

>> No.7334801

>>7334456
I bought a CP super fluffy bell shaped petti, also bought some bodyline stuff at the same time. Bodyline stuff comes month before the petticoat did, so it was stuck hanging in my wardrobe until three months later.

>> No.7334827

Know two people who want to become more involved in Lolita fashion. One likes buying "lolita" dresses from those scam riddled + poor quality cosplay costume websites, the other just wants to wear the dresses for the sake they're 'pretty' and don't really care for the aesthetics of it all.

I find all the decent advice blogs I can on the fashion, photos of Lolitas I admire, themes and everything else you could think of, only to get this sort of feedback like it's just some form of cosplay.
I gave up in the end, like talking to a brick wall.

>> No.7334828
File: 119 KB, 243x243, 1390794345088.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be friends with best friend for five years
>She's really smart and always talks about her cosplays and how she's proud of her sewing skills
>Gives me really great tips on sewing, make-up and where to find good patterns
>Look up to her
>Three years into our friendship I finally find one of her cosplays that she's tagged in on facebook
>It's a trainwreck
>mfw all those years I thought she was a pro

>> No.7334832

>after a long time of promiscuity I met a cute virgin I hope to make my girlfriend
Now I'm hoping she's gonna say yes.

>> No.7334866
File: 185 KB, 528x464, ono.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Do a speech for English class
>choose lolita
>topic is approved
>Hand in written version
>Writes a note that it is about the book
>um okay
>ask teacher, we decide I should just leave it out
>have to shorten it to fit the 3-5 minute length
> mfw I ramble on for 13 fucking minutes

>> No.7334871

>>7334828
Why would you just assume someone is good at something based on their bragging without seeing it for yourself?

>> No.7334882
File: 50 KB, 600x400, kamikaze_girls_11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7330277
If I were you, I'd just break all the rules! If Momoko can look adorable, then you can too!

>> No.7334883

>>7330337
Fuck her, she's just being nasty. You look adorable I'm sure!

>> No.7334884
File: 56 KB, 348x297, 5332728_700b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw so much motivation to work on cosplay
>keep getting distracted
>working at snail pace

>> No.7334886

>>7334828
>five years without seeing one cosplay
This is either made up or you are the dumbest person I've ever seen.

>> No.7334887

>>7330376
Buy used off yahoo japan! Waay cheap!

>> No.7334889

>>7330400
As long as you've lurked for a long time, you should do great! Especially with a himekaji background!

>> No.7334895

>>7331672
You could always change in the bathroom or something!

>> No.7334937

>>7334886
>>7334871

Well she draws really well, she seems to know what she's talking about and her props look really good. I don't know her in person. We met online. Perhaps I am the dumbest person you've ever seen because she really did have me fooled.

>> No.7334943

>>7334937
Yes, but...
>5 years
Not 5 months or 5 weeks. Jfc

>> No.7334942
File: 254 KB, 2048x1536, 1390958846568.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There are almost no Fate cosplayers where I live and then this shit happens at a recent con.

>> No.7334949

>>7334943
No. 3 years. It is extreme, I know. Usually our topic of conversation isn't cosplay, mind you. We're often talking about other things, but I knew I could depend on her for tips for my own sewing or making props. Then she'd show me her own props for examples.

>> No.7335019

>>7334456
That blows anon. I didn't have a petti for a pretty long time, but I would layer a bunch of skirts under it for poof. DIdi she do that at least?

>> No.7335022

>>7334942
You must destroy them.

>> No.7335035

>>7334942

Why the fuck does rin have a gun?

Why is Kiritsugu a gooky rastafarian?

Why is Frida Kahlo cosplaying tohsaka's anus?

>> No.7335036

I joined the Lolita Fashion Mentoring group on Facebook and immediately noped the fuck out when I read the rules.

>1. Can I answer questions for mentors?

Questions no - At no point can you answer a question. Because there have been many recent cases where questions are being answered incorrectly by non mentors, we will now ask that questions be left to MENTORS ONLY. All Admins have agreed that it is now completely against the rules to answer any question or to give your opinion before a Mentor. Wrong answers will be deleted to prevent confusion and if the problem continues with any 1 person then warnings will be given. We are asking for everyone's cooperation as the mentor team is here to guarantee an accurate and friendly responses to your questions. This is all done mainly to prevent the blind leading the blind.

>> No.7335052

>tfw an underage girl gives you a big whore look
>tfw they're perfectly legal where you live
I love cons.

>> No.7335054

>>7335036
Ohhh I saw that too. Also noped away. It's ridiculous.

>> No.7335084

>>7335036
>Mentors give shitty advice and tell people to buy Oo Jia
JFC I couldn't believe it. How does one even become a mentor? There's obviously not much screening

>> No.7335096

>>7335084
last year I asked about becoming a mentor. my coords are decent, i know better than to buy from oo jia, and generally have good judgment when it comes to coords. the bitchy mod who responded to me said I didn't have enough ~experience~ because I'd only been wearing the fashion for a year, and that my "knowledge" was insufficient for what they wanted. she said someone once described in detail every event of the "hyper japan incident" at the btssb booth one year when the btssb staff running the booth all got sick and their shit got stolen or something. well excuse-fucking-me because my local con has never had any drama with a lolita brand before. wow.

frankly the whole snobby attitude coupled by the ita "mentors" giving their shit advice just made me put off, but now I think it's hilarious. they're raising the next generation of itas.

>> No.7335101

>>7335052
gb2 /r9k/ creeper

>> No.7335104

>>7335036

The girl who runs it is fucking mental.

>> No.7335109

>>7335101
It's not creepy when there's consent and when it's legal.

>> No.7335116

>>7335096
>>7335054
>>7335084
>>7335036
>>7335104
Let's trash the place.

>> No.7335143

>>7335036
I just have to say, have you seen some of the answers that non-mentors have posted on there before they get deleted? That rule exists for a reason, though maybe things could be worded a bit better....there are so many newbie itas there that think they know it all already

>> No.7335309

>>7334652
Yes,it was on Violet Blue.The rosalia princess gauze dress..
If you bought it,congrats anon.

>> No.7335310
File: 159 KB, 406x425, 1390257750020.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been in love with lolita fashion for years, but never gotten my chance to go on a shopping spree for my first coord. Worse, I am terrified that it will be ita as fuck. So I have been stalking the egl community and /cgl/ for untold aeons.

One day soon I will simply end it all and my only regret will be not buying a dress.

>> No.7335319
File: 104 KB, 500x280, diocrying.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm worried I might move out of the state for job opportunities before my friends and I's annual summer con. I mean, it's two months after I graduate and I don't expect getting snapped up for a job immediately or anything, and I'd like to get out of this terrible state, but I'd be bummed if I had to leave my friends.

>> No.7335410

>>7335319
Take them with you, duh
>tfw a good friend moves out of state with you and they're doing much better in the romance and job department than you ;-;
I'm really proud of them and us really, for being able to live by ourselves and do as well as we have for the last year

>> No.7335417
File: 42 KB, 500x356, 1272848584402.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335319
I am going to feel this feel next year. My roommates and I will continue to lie together until May 2015 I guess? But after that it is off into the great unknown.

>> No.7335461

>>7335310
Anon don't end it all. First of all can you afford to buy anything a petti or a dress? It doesn't have to be brand and taobao can be very cheap, secondhand also. If you buy piece by piece you'll have your first coord. You can realistically have a whole outfit for $100-150 although it can also cost much more. I'm sure you won't be ita.

>> No.7335479
File: 373 KB, 1680x1200, 1390970704014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335461
Right now I don't have much money saved up because I had to drop a lot on covering my mother during a post-surgery rough spell, but I've been around long enough to have put together a dozen coords in my head and on paper...

Is it really easier to do it one piece at a time? One big spree cuts down on shipping costs, especially for taobao dives, but usually my savings get blasted by misfortune before I have enough to do it.

>> No.7335486

>>7335109
ok /r9k/ you said she's not legal where *she* lives so enjoy your partyvan
people that only use cons to hook up are cancer

>> No.7335519
File: 24 KB, 212x241, gePHNwD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw she'll never care about me again
Currently taking valium for anxiety caused by this feel.
Keep myself busy with costumes and this one other girl i know who likes to draw comics.
Pretty confident she's not interested in me but she's one of the few women i've ever enjoyed stimulating conversations with and thats good enough for me.
Fuck why are women so vapid

>> No.7335528

>>7335519
>good enough for me
>fuck why are women so vapid
back to /r9k/ with you, entitled one.

>> No.7335541

>>7335479
stalk the facebook sales, they sell bargains sometimes. and aliexpress might be a good option because shipping from taobao can be an ass and a half.

>> No.7335545

>>7335528
>i have the reading comprehension of a 10 year old
If you actually read what i said, you'd understand that the context of "good enough for me" refers to me being content with our friendship, not me assessing whether she is "good enough for me" or not.

>> No.7335550

>>7334212
Totally off-topic, but that's an interesting/pretty town name, anon.

>> No.7335554
File: 123 KB, 500x822, 1390972846666.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335541
Always. Like an anorexic hawk, forever stalking, never swooping for the kill.

>> No.7335566

>>7335545
apparently i do
still, you come off a little creepy, bro

>> No.7335565

>>7335479
I can understand your issues anon and it's very kind of you to support your mum. I hope things get better for you anon.

Taobao works best with a medium amount of items as it cost roughly $20 aud per kilo to send it to aus.

Both can work but I personally buy one or a couple of pieces at a time. A lot of items like shoes,cardigans/boleros, tight and accessories you can buy offbrand.

>> No.7335590
File: 19 KB, 400x309, kill-yourself.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335566
>misusing the word creepy

>> No.7335600
File: 272 KB, 1400x1120, 32105721.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335565
I was thinking of getting a few nice main pieces(+shoes) and putting together the rest by hand or offbrand. Is that what you mean?

>> No.7335603
File: 36 KB, 200x199, 03683854.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335590
>encouraging suicide because someone says something you disagree with

>> No.7335608
File: 135 KB, 566x653, 1389684161558.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335603
Some people find suicide to be a beautiful, liberating, and happy experience, anon. You shouldn't throw dirt on the tastes of other people.

>> No.7335618
File: 537 KB, 629x466, 1385718160971.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335608
what, like we don't throw dirt on dead people anyway?

>> No.7335714

>>7335519
This is a cosplay and lolita feel thread, not the beta diaries. Back to your containment board >>>/r9k/

>> No.7335731

>>7335600
Pretty much anon. If you don't want the matching hat or socks you have even more freedom when it comes to wardrobe building.

If you like classic and wanted to make a big purchase I would suggest the I.W. Oddment pack the largest one pretty much contains a whole wardrobe usually.

>> No.7335741
File: 123 KB, 481x334, 1386868229323.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335714
fucking thank you
back on topic, i have a friend that's been wearing lolita for just over a year now and she's not improved much. she doesn't have a bank account or a paypal and is really ditzy. she's sweet but kind of misguided, and doesn't really understand what goes together. she just asked me if you can buy from hellolace the other day. I don't know what to do with her, she asks me for advice sometimes but her coords are usually kind of off in a few respects, and at worst she's borderline ita. what can I do to help her improve?
inb4 nothing.

>> No.7335768
File: 20 KB, 376x294, 51270abfc7a3a_289402n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>making gloves like these for an event
>easy enough project, done in an hour or so
>planning to use velvet ribbon for the bows
>because I have this huge stash of it
>Go through stash
>I have every fucking color on this planet but white or ivory
>Or anything to match this outfit
>All of my rage, all of it.
>the event is less then 2 weeks so I don't really have time to order more
OH FUCKING WELL

>> No.7335807

>>7335768
Damn, I know those feels. I still hope you finish then when you can. What pattern did you use? A mitten one?

>> No.7335821

>>7335618
I don't care how cold that was, that was hilarious.

>> No.7335830

>>7335807
I basically used this pattern
http://makeanddogirl.com/2012/01/guest-tutorial-felted-sweater-mittens/
Except instead of doing the cuff I just added an inch to the lining and did a usual lining flip(if that makes sense)
Also, make sure you do a mock up first, the thumbs were way to long for me so I cut them down a bit. I used milky for the lining so mine are nice and soft too.

>> No.7335840
File: 247 KB, 500x555, 41179820_p2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7335731
Classic interests me, but I'm the worst blonde and have ridiculously pale skin, so I fit into gothic or black/white better. Still, will keep an eye out.

>> No.7335843

>>7335840
you should do what you want, not try and fit yourself into a style because of your skin color, which I'm sure isn't as pale as you think.

>> No.7335865

>>7335550
Aww, thanks. Sadly there are no antelopes, though. Only dirt and cacti.

>> No.7335876

>>7335843
It's quite okay, actually, I adore gothic. People tell me that I have some kind of ojou-sama aura going on.

>>7335865
Kern county represent.

>> No.7335987

>want to submit babby's first secret

do I just send the link to whoever posted? who do I send the link to?

>> No.7335991

>>7335987
read the faq on btb. upload the pic to imgur, copy the image location and post it as a comment on the secrets submission thread.

>> No.7336023

>>7335840
Blonde hair and gothic lolita looks really nice. I mainly wear Gothic and sometimes classic but I have very dark hair. Pale people unite! I'm not extremely pale but it's still quite different as I live in a very tropical place where everyone has a tan.

Since you like gothic lolita/it suits best do you happen to have any goth clothes?I recommend BPN for blouses as they are quite cheap secondhand and have a very gothic look. Shoe wise you really wouldn't need to buy brand as there are a lot or taobao/offbrand shoes that work well gothic lolita. You can even make your own hair pieces if you are creative.

>> No.7336026

>>7336023
Where can I purchase Black peace Now blouses? I know the store recently went under and as a big Hakuei and gothic lolita fan, it breaks my heart.

>> No.7336030
File: 73 KB, 720x960, 1390987317730.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw losing weight
>tfw not eating any less
>tfw not more active than usual
>don't know whether to be happy or worried
My weight's been a constant since high school, except when I started gaining that freshman 15 and just cut down a bit on eating, then my weight stabilized again.
I don't own a scale, so I'm not sure of my exact my exact weight, but I've lost two inches off of my waistline without noticing in a little less than a month. Last time I checked my weight, I was 104lbs. I was a fat kid for most of my life until mid-high school, and the lowest I remember being was 103. I want to see if I can get below 100, like maybe 97-98, since I don't think I've weighed that little since middle school, probably. I'm also 5', just to clear that up.

But I have no idea what's causing me to lose weight. It could be I'm eating a little bit less than usual, though I think I'd notice it, as I don't eat much as it is. I work a desk job around classes, so I don't get much more exercise than your average pencil pusher. I've scheduled a doctors appointment just to make sure I'm not dying or anything( I feel fine, but just to be on the safe side), but I really would like to know what's causing this sudden weight loss. Whatever it is, it's working.
Pic kind of related. It was recently my birthday and I didn't have any cake because I want those inches from my waistline to stay the fuck away.

>> No.7336034

>>7336030
>that disgusting image

Seriously, something's wrong with you

>> No.7336047
File: 60 KB, 533x398, appetizing-cake-fail-butt-poop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7336034
Got more, just for you, anon.

>> No.7336052

>>7336047
S'ok cunt. At least I don't have an ED.

>> No.7336054

>>7336030
You got tapeworms, honey.
Soon you're gonna have to take a shit and that long, wriggly bastard is gonna come out your ass.

>> No.7336074
File: 1.21 MB, 808x573, bestcakeever.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7336030 My friends made me a cake a little like that last year.
>Tfw there's nobody to make you a cake this year, though.
I guess on the plus side I might lose some weight, too? Feeling squishy.

As long as the doctor A-okays it all, you've been blessed with the effortless weight loss that everyone wants. Congratulations and share the secret!

>> No.7336075

>>7336052
Lel, someone's sandy.

>>7336054
That would make sense. Though, I'm not hungry often at all or feeling like I'm not getting anything out of the food I eat.
Guess we'll see when I go to the doctor.

>> No.7336108

>>7336026
There is a lot of it on mbok and yjapan also closet child, Maiden Clothing (you want need a shopping service for these two)
Tokyo Alice and Violet Blue on rakuten all have quite a bit.

>> No.7336215

>>7334827
>other just wants to wear the dresses for the sake they're 'pretty' and don't really care for the aesthetics of it all

IDK if related, but this shit baffles me whenever I go to a con. There's always at least 5 girls in lolita (mainly bodyline or milanoo tier) dresses, but with no lolita coordination whatsoever. I'm not even talking like barely loliable ofbrand, they straight up wear a pink polkadot dress with black martens, fishnet stockings and MLP figurines made into pendants.

And then they look at me like I'm some snobbish elitist brandwhore, because I'm wearing an old AP print bought off mbok for 8000 yen. It's not even just my personal notion, some girls actually wrote posts after a certain con complaining about "snooty fake lolitas".

>> No.7336219

>>7336215
>>other just wants to wear the dresses for the sake they're 'pretty' and don't really care for the aesthetics of it all
I don't know, I think i can respect that choice.
I mean, lots of kids wear religious jewelry because they like borrowing the look of it, but they don't want to pray to God or anything.

As long as they don't insist that they are fully lolitas but instead that they're into just street fashion in general, let them wear whatever they like.

>> No.7336224

So there is a guy that I like. No big deal except for damn, he sends me off some really extreme messages. One time he totally hits on me and later he's like back off. I think I have a crush on him... I told him about lolita, showed him my dresses. He was really interested in them, even said these were beautiful. I'm not sure if he's hitting on me because I wear lolita or maybe lolita puts him off. One day he's for my every call and the other he says I'm imposing myself onto him. I have no idea what to do, seagulls. I think I should just let him go but I can't.

>> No.7336228
File: 103 KB, 441x705, just.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7336215
Ugh you thank you for reminding me of my gripe.

There was this weeaboo girl who used to hang out with my group who was short and overweight (kinda think 4'9 foot, 130pounds kinda overweight?), had terrible styling and dental hygiene and as soon as one of my friends lent her a Anna House dress,she considers herself the living incarnate of lolicon. Like I mean constantly shoehorning herself into conversations whenever my lolita fashion gets mentioned (I'm the only full time wearer of it) about how she just totally can never wear lolita because shes sooo afraid adult men will confuse her for a little girl omg!!11

Now picture a horribly groomed, dyed black mess of chin length hair with an undercut, ungroomed brows and nasal voice and we got a winner + the proportions mentioned above.

I'm so glad shes moved states but I cant believe none of my friends could see through that shit.

> pic related
> trying to explain to my friends how what she was saying wasnt appropriate or cool

>> No.7336244

>>7336030
Are you in your early twenties? Around this time many people have a shift in metabolism, and lose weight unintentionally. It doesn't stick around for long though, so if you want to keep your current weight I'd advice you to start exercising.
Or you may be stressed. I lost a lot of weight last year, because I was feeling sick all the time due to high stress.

>> No.7336248

>>7336030
A few questions:

Have you been thirstier than usual? Using the toilet more often?
Have you had loose bowel movements/unusual schedule of movements?
Does your vision ever get a bit 'off' or is it hard to focus on things? (ex: you're reading a book and suddenly the letters seem to jump around)
Have you had headaches? Particularly upon waking?

>> No.7336251

>>7336248
diff anon but I'm curious as to what this would mean. I've had a similar experience.

>> No.7336253

>>7336251
It's an indicator of issues along the diabetic range/hyperglycaemia. Usually easy to reverse with exercise and a slight change in diet. Other symptoms to watch for as it worsens are discomfort during sex (particularly for women), fatigue, lightheadedness, and tingly or numb extremities (fingers and toes).

A lot of people ignore the early signs because they're not that severe, and the longer it's allowed to linger, the harder it is to reverse.

>> No.7336254

>>7336248
One or two of these sound like symptoms of diabetes but it could be a bunch of things.

I know before a friend of mine was diagnosed she dropped a lot of weight, now she has to inject and has put it all back on with a little extra and she's having trouble shifting it.

>> No.7336273

>>7336254
It's pretty shit and absolutely terrifying.

>> No.7336416

>>7330465
Chew nicotine gum (if you're of age). It's addictive enough to replace eating to help you drop that extra inch or two around your waist, but not addictive enough (in my experience) to keep you running back to the store buying box after box. After a month your stomach will have shrunk and you'll be fine to go back to eating as you please so long as you remember to never eat until you're "full", just eat until you're "not hungry"

>> No.7336445

>>7336416
That sounds unhealthy as fuck.

>> No.7336462

>>7332855
One of my friends wants to make a Kyary cosplay for when we go to the concert together and I reaaaaally want to discourage her but nothing seems to be changing her mind. It just doesn't seem that appropriate and kind of strikes me as being like the people who specifically dress up for guests at cons in the hopes of getting noticed/remembered. How do I convince her to not be such a tryhard?

>> No.7336467

>>7336462
There were tons of cosplays when I went to her last concert in London, unless you're singing at the top of your voice in the queue pretending to be kyary then it isn't annoying or tryhard at all.

>> No.7336469
File: 170 KB, 850x710, sadcirno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Friend working on my commission had to can the project due to unforeseen events. Thankfully i didn't pay up yet but still, I was pretty excited to do a new cosplay this year because I haven't debut a new one in almost two years and I'm tired of cosplaying the same three things.

:/
(I really wish I had money for a blunt or something but I'm broke and payday ain't until another two days)

>> No.7336472 [DELETED] 

>>7336416
where do you get nicotine gum from anyway

>> No.7336477

>>7336445
so is being helplessly fatter than you want to be

>> No.7336480

>>7336416
Are you using the strong ones or those 2mg ones? Did you used to smoke before?

>> No.7336482

>mfw you found out dream jsk is too big in the bust for you

Uhhh so, is it all right if I just stuff a bra with tissue or something?

>> No.7336487

>>7336482
tissues? am i back in elementary?

use chicken fillets girl
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Inserts-Silicone-Bra-Push-Up-1-Pair-Breast-Enhancer-Thick-Pad-Women-Fashion-/400337266394?pt=US_Women_s_Accessories&hash=item5d35f5e6da

>> No.7336490
File: 246 KB, 440x248, beeker.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Katsucon in 16 days. Fuuuuuuuck.

>> No.7336655
File: 339 KB, 724x1024, 1391025479084.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7336023
I don't own any BPN, but now I want to! They're so gorgeous it's insane. Getting them may be harder the longer I wait, so I am stalking extra hard now.

I live in a desert area, so yeah, I know how it is to be porcelain by comparison.

>> No.7336741
File: 128 KB, 433x425, 1388091359386.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Panic disorder since I was 12
>Now turned into hypochondria
>Visited doctor twice in the past month for feeling lightheaded (I was just hungry)
>Today I went from 'having diabetes' to 'having skin cancer' in 10 minutes
>Feel like an absolute retard whenever I calm down from a mini panic attack
>Gets worse on my period
>I'm on my period
>Yesterday I was scared of being narcissistic
>No money for therapy, all therapy I got was until I was 18 because of parents' insurance
>Scared people will abandon me because of this
>Scared of becoming Pixyteri 2.0
>IT'S HABBEDIDG.jpg
>At least I'm nice and normal otherwise.jpg

>> No.7336786
File: 449 KB, 189x199, 1391031048119.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7336487

Never did any of this stuff before, and tissues are the first thing that came to mind. Thanks for the link. Are they comfortable?

>> No.7336793
File: 375 KB, 400x300, 1378102579855.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7336786
Not that anon, but I've used them before and they're really no problem at all.

>mfw, when I cosplayed Tsunade and used those and a padded bra, a girl hurt herself doing a chest bump with me.

Seriously, it was like having armored titties.

>> No.7336800

>>7336224
Dump him?

>> No.7336831

>weeb girl that I absolutely fucking hate for cheating on my guy friend gets into lolita
>even so I give her advice on how to properly wear it
>she completely scraps my advice, wears mini skirts, corsets, flats, and leg avenue leggings as "lolita"
>she excitetly tells me she splurged and even spent the extra money to buy the most "lovely" lolita dress from milanooo which she wore to prom
>she looks at me and says "ha, two months in the fashion, and I'm already better and cuter than you, of course it doesn't take much! LOL!" (yes she said Lol out loud)
>she tells me snobbibly of her plans to join the local lolita group
>local lolita group is notorious to giving shit to newcomers that can't take advice or dress themselves even though they look horrible themselves , and notorious for drama

this brought much joy to me.

>> No.7336838

>>7336831
Make sure to post pictures of her prom outfit. And her getting kicked out of the comm.

>> No.7336839

>>7336831
Please let us know when you'll have more of this, it seems really promising

>> No.7336848

>>7336838
>>7336839
I'll repost her on /cgl/ if she gets posted to secrets.

>> No.7336853

>>7336831
Which group is it?

>> No.7336862

>>7335768
dollar store, fabric or a craft store..?

>> No.7336975

>>7333500
Underbusts cup the breasts and push them way up. If you're already with a larger chest, it makes them look gigantic, and it ruins the look and fit of most lolita. Plain waist corsets, not waist cinchers; you can't tighten them like you do a corset, are good for making your waist and belly smaller.

>> No.7336999

>>7336862
i sympathize with anon, it's actually incredibly hard to find white/ivory velvet ribbon. most fabric/craft stores only have black and maybe burgundy in stock

>> No.7337004

>>7336741
Eh, this isn't that uncommon. Look up Cognitive Behavioural Therapy exercises and get started if you actually want to get better.

>> No.7337623 [DELETED] 
File: 69 KB, 280x373, 8141648014_25dd063749.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've finally found my ultimate dream dress.
AP's Toy March. I want to own every piece of the series.
Except there's one thing that will bother me forever.
Accordians aren't a marching band instrument.
>dat jacket tho

>> No.7337634
File: 84 KB, 435x325, 1391055549797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7337623
>accordions aren't a marching band instrument

That's not true, anon, they aren't in school marching bands, but accordions are used in parade bands around the world, there are even marches that include solos for accordion. Pic related.

>> No.7337656

>>7337634
Yeah I realized that AP probably was not thinking the kind of marching band that I was thinking of when they designed this print.

>> No.7337670

>tfw you realize that people can be samefagging successfully by using their phones and computers at the same time.

>> No.7337796

>>7333526
Emailed you!

>> No.7337836
File: 476 KB, 500x327, 1388735331159.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>browsing japanese shopping sites
>hey, that looks cute
>wonder what those kanji mean
>google translate
>"out of stock"
>pssh didn't want to buy it anyway

>> No.7337941

>>7337796
responded!

>> No.7338604
File: 190 KB, 500x284, 1390686083643.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>win two mbok auctions, one was a recent burando release I snagged for less than half-retail, other was a set of skirts to build up my wardrobe
>package arrived today
>only the skirts, only one of them is wearable.
>"where's my burando"
>check with SS
>SS didn't even bid on the auction even though I gave them 6 days advance notice
>mfw

>> No.7338770

>>7335019 >>7334657
No, she thinks she is fine with no poof at all, because she is a 'casual lolita'
She has no petticoat and has no intention of buying one.
Will forever walk around in saggy dresses and rebel against the lolita elitists!

>> No.7338822

>>7338770
please give us her blog. please. please.
I'll be nice when giving her advice, I swear.

>> No.7338836

>tfw you're at work and get an idea for some fabric you have
>suddenly can't remember if it was a piece you donated in the last cleaning

ughhhh

>> No.7341129
File: 28 KB, 105x101, lambdawg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you only have two cosplay friends who live even remotely near you
>One is really sweet, but can't sew for shit so you have to make everything for her
>The other is pretty decent but is a complete bitch
>She lost her badge at a con so I offered to share mine and she took it without saying a word and left for 6 and a half hours while I sat on the lobby floor
>Has borrowed manga, cosplay accessories, and money from me
>Hasn't returned shit
>I'm her ride to almost every con because she still can't drive
>I do all of her photography as well
>No thanks at all for any of that
>Doesn't even bother to credit me on her FB page
>Want to cut off ties with her but she's one of the only decent cosplayers that I can do groups with

>mfw

>> No.7341144

>tfw you win a VM dress for 5000 yen
>tfw you realise it's possibly the least wanted colorway but you don't care because gaudy or not it's a color you like

I feel really good about this purchase.

>> No.7341912

>>7341129
Get your money back, then cut all ties. They are using you.