[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 132 KB, 990x576, 1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7301668 No.7301668[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So, dresses that are somewhat based on the book's heroine are the 'big thing' this spring.

Do you guys think it will affect the reputation of the japanese lolita fashion? It spreads the knowledge about the 'wrong meaning' of lolita after all.

>> No.7301678

...looks like pastel forever 21 clothes on childlookalike models.

>> No.7301684

>>7301668
lol titty

>> No.7301689

I doubt most people will connect this with frilly Japanese clothes, honestly. The reason people freak out at the name 'Lolita fashion' is because they think it refers to a book about a promiscuous girl and a pedophile (I wish people would actually read the goddamn book before jumping to conclusions, but what can you do). They'll do the same with this trend, although maybe to a lesser degree because it's not quite as iconic or weird as Japanese lolita fashion. Maybe it'll even desensitize them to the term.

>> No.7301691

Oh good, I needed something to pair with my new Miss Manga mascara

>> No.7301695

gonna need more sources than just a Japanese fashion company

>> No.7301697

It may make things confusing (it also will make eBay and etsy searches of lolita fashion yet even more of a clusterfuck), but most normal people don't know about the book anyway. And even if it scandalizes some of the more uptight people, more use of the name Lolita in mainstream fashion will get more people used to it, hence making the name more normalized and less associated with the book.

I think if this takes off, it would make things easier for lolitas in that they can use the name more easily to strangers. But it would also present the new annoyance of having to explain that Japanese lolita fashion and these mainstream lolita lines are not the same thing (don't bother trying, seriously).

I'm okay with it.

>> No.7301699

>>7301678
That is pretty much what it is, the brands probably only did choose the name for this fad so they can sell the leftovers from the pastel fad as something 'provocative' so everyone edgy buys their overpriced shit.

>> No.7301706 [DELETED] 

>>7301689
It kind of is about a promiscuous girl and a pedophile, though, put very simply. Put less simply, it's about a girl who's arguably portrayed as promiscuous by the author, who is an ephebophile.

I think the style is kind of cute and I'm excited about more girls dressing like this. That said, how can one be sure it'll catch on? Even if it does, the name might still not be well known.

>> No.7301707

>>7301668
I actually think those clothes are pretty cute.
Not actually lolita at all, but they're cute and as long as it takes attention off the book I think it's fine.

>> No.7301712

>>7301684
It is a japanese brand that wants to make a revolution with lolita fashion.
http://tittyandco.com/

>> No.7301720

>>7301706
>I'm excited about more girls dressing like this
I thought this was already in, like several years in a row.
Last time wasn't Lana Del Ray the poster child for this fashion? It just looks like normal clothes when it's not on a model.

>> No.7301721

>>7301712
>http://tittyandco.com/
Oh, the outfits on this website are much more boring and normal than OP's picture.

>> No.7301728

>>7301721
Because fall/winter collections are usually always more plain than the spring/summer ones.

>> No.7301739

>>7301668
Eh, if brands are getting inspiration from the book then people might separate pedophilia from lolita fashion, I think. Since they'll see girls these clothes and think, "Wait, so that frilly dress shit isn't even related to the book."

Maybe people might start looking down on girls who dress like this. I don't really care, though, the outfit on the left is super cute. I'd wear it regardless of the lolita-ness behind it.

>> No.7301747

I think OP is being an alarmist. All I see on the trend reports is 'pastels' and oxford shirts.

>> No.7301825

>>7301668
This looks like the same plain Instagram/Tumblr/Western celeb inspired fashion that's been ruling gyaru for the past few seasons.
Just because one brand decided to name their spring collection 'new lolita' doesn't mean it has anything to do with lolita fashion

>> No.7301842

>>7301747
>>7301825
It is not only one brand, it is all over woman magazines currently, special at japanese ones since Katie is also releasing a new 'lolita' collection with Amo as model.

>> No.7301857 [DELETED] 

There are girls who are really, really into Lolita and the concept of being "nymphets" on Tumblr. They talk about attracting older guys at like 16, reblog movie stills and gifs from the 1997 movie and Pretty Baby and act a lot more refined and/or intelligent than they actually are.
A few of them are weirdly argumentative and bitchy about what defines a "nymphet". It's fascinating and sort of hilarious. They're like reverse female Humberts.
I wonder if they'll be all over the shit in OP or dismiss it as "poser".

>> No.7301881
File: 223 KB, 800x500, mainvdl_02.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Forget the clothes, all the models on the homepage look so adorable.
It weirds me out that so many Japanese labels can make the plainest white girls look like ethereal forest fairies.

>> No.7301879 [DELETED] 

>>7301857
I, too, have witnessed the Tumblr nymphets. I think these collections are obviously just an extension of that trend.

To be honest, I find it more annoying when some lolitas make such a huge deal out of things based on the book and its movie adaptations. "It spreads knowledge about the 'wrong meaning'!" Uh, yeah, that's the original meaning. Why wouldn't it use that name?

>> No.7301885 [DELETED] 

>>7301879
Did you even read the book? Because it doesn't seem so, lolita was just a nickname used for her, nothing with a meaning.

>> No.7301890 [DELETED] 

>>7301885
By meaning, I'm referring to the cultural association that sprang out of the book, if that makes sense. Of course the original name was just a name.

>> No.7301899 [DELETED] 

>>7301879
>Uh, yeah, that's the original meaning. Why wouldn't it use that name?
It's not the original meaning at all.
It only uses that name because Mana, a westaboo musician who just loves giving everything European female names, called it that when it was being popularized. He probably thought it meant "innocent girl in darkness" or something stupid like that.
The clothing itself has nothing to do with the book, and was a thing before the term was even coined. Dolores herself never even wears Rococo-looking clothes in the book or the films.
tl;dr: Some gothic visual kei faggot with too much influence called it that once, the name stuck because it sounds pretty and no one in Nipland knew what it really meant, and westerners who wear the fashion are basically fucked

>> No.7301896 [DELETED] 

>>7301879
>the original meaning
>never heard of the name

Lolita - derived from Dolores - WAS just a name before Humbert's novel in the same way that Beth and Elizabeth are just names...

>> No.7301911 [DELETED] 

>>7301881
It helps that they are Russian, 14, and emaciated

>> No.7301923 [DELETED] 

>>7301857
Links to some of these tumblrs?

>> No.7301931 [DELETED] 

>>7301857
That is the stupidest shit I have ever heard; oh my god these girls are morons.

>> No.7301940 [DELETED] 

>>7301706
Did you get your Nabokov schooling from Google? It IS about a pedophile, and the unreliable narrator may often portray Lolita as being promiscuous, but someone who is able to understand this subtlety of the narrative form will find parts in which Humbert's deceptive and enticing style slips up, and it is evident that Lolita is being abused and held against her will.

>> No.7301943 [DELETED] 

>>7301896
>>7301899
Right, my point being that names don't really have much significant meaning until something is associated with them, and the book got there first, hence there is now a specific prevailing idea associated with the name/nickname "Lolita" and I think this trend is playing on that rather than anything related to the subculture. Sorry, I'm sure that probably could've been phrased better.

>> No.7301960 [DELETED] 

>>7301940
To be honest, when I first read it I found it quite screamingly obvious that Lolita doesn't really want to be there a lot of the time. It's harder to tell from the movie, though, I think she gets portrayed as a lot more grown up and knowing without the obvious slips that Nabokov had in the novel and you almost wouldn't know to read between the lines.

>> No.7301969 [DELETED] 

>>7301857
>>7301879
Yeah I've seen this shit.

I actually told some girl who loved "Nabakov" to fuck off recently and schooled her on some narrative for a bit, she got all huffy like BUT IT'S A TRAGIC LOVE STORYYYYY.
No you dumb bitch. I haven't even read the book (though I keep meaning to, Nabokov is a phenomenal author) and I know it's about an unreliable narrator who will go to any length to justify his actions to himself, and ends up abusing a young girl because of it.

>> No.7301983 [DELETED] 

>>7301923
http://nymphetsheaven.tumblr.com/ is the most interesting and/or lulzy one IMO, just because of the asks.
They even have networks, go nuts anon
http://lovelynymphetnetwork.tumblr.com/

>> No.7301993 [DELETED] 

>>7301983
Thanks, I've been trying to find some inspo for edgy pastel looks. Figured it might be a good place to look.

>> No.7301995 [DELETED] 
File: 161 KB, 817x93, 1389743196664.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301983

>omg i talked to an older guy and he talked back to me and he looks at me when i stare at him he must desire me!1111

He probably thinks you're really creepy hun.

>> No.7302022 [DELETED] 

>>7301969
Read it, it is a much better use of your time than schooling dumb bitches on tumblr.

>> No.7302033

>>7301842
Katie already released a bunch of things that said 'lolita' on them last season, and they've always done this sort of style

>> No.7302044 [DELETED] 

>>7301960
That's totally fair. It's difficult to portray true rape in a film intended for wide distribution. They made her older, sexier, and more willing in the films, which stripped the disorientation that is supposed to accompany identifying with either Humbert or Lolita.

>>7301969
This, you got it. I hate people that think it's a tragic love story it's like "did you even read it? Lolita is crying half the time and telling Humbert she hates him." You should read it, tho, Anon.

I feel like having a good grasp on the novel makes it easier for me to school people when they think my fashion has anything to do with it.

>> No.7302048 [DELETED] 

>>7301969
>it's about an unreliable narrator who will go to any length to justify his actions to himself, and ends up abusing a young girl because of it.

You know the analysis of the book. It's extremely understandable that someone could understand it as a "tragic love story", and the sympathy that H.H. draws, and makes you believe this, is a large strength of the book.

>> No.7302060 [DELETED] 
File: 92 KB, 814x243, 76578097908078.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301995
She's selfish. I sent her this but it probably won't trigger a centimeter of thought.

>> No.7302065 [DELETED] 

>>7301940
Are you misunderstanding? The poster the person is talking to is arguing that it isn't about a pedophile or a promiscuous girl, that's just what the ignorant thing.

>> No.7302083 [DELETED] 

>>7302065
I don't think so? I'm just arguing that Lolita is not even a promiscuous character at that. Just defending some literature along with muh fashen.

>> No.7302100 [DELETED] 

>>7301969
People who read that book romantically piss me off so much.

>> No.7302106 [DELETED] 

>>7301983
>http://nymphetsheaven.tumblr.com/
Urgh I feel really creepy and like I might have to clean my internet history.

>> No.7302109 [DELETED] 
File: 14 KB, 500x500, eughface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301969
As someone who has actually read the book, I just want to smack the people who romanticize this book and think It's a tragic love story as well.

>> No.7302134 [DELETED] 

>>7301995
I laughed really hard at that, that was hilariously bad

>> No.7302135 [DELETED] 
File: 148 KB, 839x394, what in the fuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301983
>wtf am i readign

>> No.7302145 [DELETED] 
File: 983 KB, 245x160, myfr7adZqu1qh3qa0.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302135

>> No.7302174 [DELETED] 
File: 1000 KB, 245x160, overcomewithemotions.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302135
This makes me so depressed and regretful.
I was so big into this when I was that age, all I wanted was a freakishly older man, but I was way too shy even when it was possible and there was no tumblr communities to make me feel less weird.
Now I'm too old to run with that tumblr scene. I feel like I've missed the boat. There's nothing cute about a woman in her thirties calling someone their 'Hum'.
And yes I know this is stupid and I'm stupid but whatever, different people like different things.

>> No.7302179 [DELETED] 
File: 27 KB, 806x89, nope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301995
Oh my god why is this a thing?
Pic related. It's really messed up

>> No.7302184 [DELETED] 

>>7301983
Why am I so angry about all of the Leon: The professional posts on there. God damn it.

>> No.7302200 [DELETED] 

>>7302184
You do realise in the original script, they fucked right?

>> No.7302202

"Anonymous: can you tell us your first time? how old were you , where it was, etc. ?"

"already have but that’s ok, it was like 2-3 months ago, in the backseat of a silver uno, which was the car of my guy’s friend. the guy was simply was one of the most handsome guys i had ever seen, i just never thought i’d be that lucky :33 anyway we met at a bar, i was with my friend and he was with a group of friends, and then we migrated to this other bar, and it was a really small place and there was this band playing and a lot of people and there we made out A LOT (while my friend was with one of his friends), and then he was touching me down there and he was going too far so i had to whisper in his ear that i was a virgin and he was like “let’s fix this then” and then we went to his friend’s car and had unprotected sweaty sex until my friend (the same goddamn cunt that i love and that always manages to interrupt my coitus) showed up in the street we were, literally screaming my name, she was with his friend (the owner of the car) and then they found us and she was crying and so fucking pissed at me for disappearing from the bar but i was really enjoying the situation lol :3 it wasn’t special at all but i never gave a shit about that, i’m a feminist so i didn’t even consider myself a virgin anymore (i’d had sexual experiences with girls before) so yeah that was just the first time i had a dick inside of me and i don’t regret it for a second (:"
I can hardly hate this girl any more than I do right now, oh my god.

>> No.7302209 [DELETED] 

>>7302179
>it's harmless
Just picture this. You're older, have a committed husband/wife, a home together, and children. You're so happy. And then some little shit stain teenager (even worse if it's a fucking relative) is flirting with your partner, trying to seduce them and shit. I've never been into a fight before but I would probably put her in the hospital. The fucking audacity of these kids to think life is some forbidden romance screenplay. Do they think of the after? After they grow older, start showing signs of ageing. Do they really think these men are still going to have any interest in them? Nope. They're going to see young girls trying to bag their "boyfriends" and suddenly it's not going to be so harmless anymore.

>> No.7302227 [DELETED] 

"Anonymous: I'm 16 and i find one of my teachers hot on Friday i went to his class with no panties on and i flashed him i know he saw cause he went bright red what else can i do to temp him"

"quoting doelita: ya lil crazy.
you could like lick his face now that’d be more subtle hahaha gosh I don’t know, you can’t beat that level of boldness doing anything that doesn’t involve pushing him into a room and sucking his dick, but since you’re not gonna do that (I hope so) you could like bend over on his desk, stand really close to him to the point your breast touch his arm (can’t believe I just said that), touch his chest or his arm casually while laughing or sth, send him a kiss when you say goodbye or maybe kiss his cheek I don’t know how far you’d go I feel like an atheist teaching a priest how to pray"
I feel really bad for that teacher, she's probably caused him a lot of stress over that and he might get fired if he doesn't handle this right.

>> No.7302244 [DELETED] 
File: 24 KB, 669x83, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This bitch is vile....

>> No.7302249 [DELETED] 

>>7302244
I want to hurt these girls.
What the fuck are they doing? Life isn't some forbidden romance shit and they're 15-18 and trying to have sex with people's husbands.

>> No.7302251 [DELETED] 
File: 32 KB, 500x375, 137989519116.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302244
why does this person have to exist jfc

>> No.7302252 [DELETED] 
File: 22 KB, 671x90, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ugh...

I hope one day in her mid life, her husband cheats on her with a teenaged girl. We'll see how "nymphet" she feels then

>> No.7302258 [DELETED] 

>>7302227
Dude, these girls are talking about how they're nymphets because they're playfully childish/innocent/sexy. That there is just straight up nasty slut. There is no innocence there.

>> No.7302278 [DELETED] 
File: 14 KB, 664x61, ghdkughkf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302258
I know right? And this one's even more nasty and slutty. At least she's not acting like she's a ~sweet innocent nymph~ but god that's still horrible and trashy.

>> No.7302282 [DELETED] 

>>7302209
If your husband leaves your for some teenager, it was their fault. You can't "Steal" a person. If someone yields to temptation it's more their fault than it is the person tempting them's.

>> No.7302288 [DELETED] 

>>7302282
It still doesn't make it right on the girls part...

>> No.7302291 [DELETED] 

>>7302282
Up until a certain point.

For example, if someone gets your SO drunk before they realise what's going on and takes advantage of them, it's not really their fault. Regardless of their gender.

>> No.7302328 [DELETED] 

Haha oh well, I didn't know this was a special fetish or something. Wanna hear my 'nymphet' story /cgl/? I'm basically engaged to and living with a man 28 years older than me who was a teacher at my high school. He was married at the time but he's divorced now.

Go on, tell me how much of a slut I am.

>> No.7302338 [DELETED] 

>>7302328
u want attention

>> No.7302348 [DELETED] 

>>7302328
If you wedged yourself into their marriage, and were one of the causes of their divorce, yeah you're basically a piece of shit (and so is he actually) I won't call you a slut since I don't know you, but have fun with a trust less relationship. Because if someone cheated on their wife just to be with me, I know I'd always wonder if they'd do it again. I most definitely would NEVER marry them.

>> No.7302359 [DELETED] 
File: 51 KB, 340x480, seriouslynigger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301983
Oh my god, she's an 18 year old who had sex with a 24 year old and she thinks she's a nymphet

>> No.7302385 [DELETED] 

>>7302282
No, no, no. I'm not talking about them running off together to have ~*tragic love story*~. I'm talking about a teenager coming on to a grown man who isn't interested in the slightest. That shit is creepy.

>>7302359
She reminds of when girls in elementary school would brag about kissing a boy and would not shut up about for seven months.

>> No.7302393 [DELETED] 

>>7302278
i honestly don't give a fuck if she calls herself a slut. what pisses me off if that she's giving advice on how to be a homewrecker.

>> No.7302405 [DELETED] 
File: 35 KB, 636x118, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I find this disturbing.

>> No.7302412 [DELETED] 

>>7302359
That's nothing, I had two friends at school who when they were 15 went out with someone who was between 30-40. We were in the UK so the legal age is 16 but still very dodgy territory. One went out with the older guy just for the pathetic reason of being able to get lifts everywhere.

Me personally, I've been going out with my old instrument teacher (group lessons I did on the weekend but were done within my school). I had him as a teacher from when I was I think 15-17. Funnily enough I found him really After he quit and I finished as I was bored, we got to know each other online when I was 19, many months later we actually went out. Been together for just over 3 years now. He's 9 years older than me (although I seem to fangirl a lot of actors who seem to be 40-60, a couple older than that!).

Also, AHAHAHAA to the girl boasting about having sex with a 24 year old, fucking really?? Any average looking girl who spreads her legs could easily get a screw if they really tried.

>> No.7302416 [DELETED] 

>>7302405
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some stuff said by anons is trollposts for laughs, but sadly they're probably just a mental head who thinks it's normal to do sexual things at a stupidly young age (I remember a girl who was in my school group who boasted about losing her virginity at 12 to some guy she 'loved')

>> No.7302418 [DELETED] 

>>7301995
>>7302060
>>7302135
>>7302179
>>7302244
>>7302252
>>7302278
>>7302405
I'm having a hard time believing these girls are telling the truth. Every "older man" they hook up with is either 33 or 31. There is no way that you can keep running into guys that age, especially if they don't seem picky about which older guys they go for.

I'm calling some teenager's delusional fairy tale world on this one.

>> No.7302419 [DELETED] 

>>7301857
>>7301668

This entire fashion line is inspired off what the character in the book worn/would have worn.

Nymphet fashion, basically. This is not a single bit inspired by EGL.

>> No.7302421 [DELETED] 

>>7301706
dude Humbert Humbert was a full blown pedophile, not just an ephebophile.

>> No.7302423 [DELETED] 

>>7302328
Nothing wrong with marrying someone a lot older than you.
Nothing wrong with marrying someone who used to teach you.

But there is a lot of things wrong with breaking up someone's marriage. You may or may not be a slut but you are definitely a homewrecker and a piece of shit. You and your gross fiancee are both terrible people and you should feel bad.

>> No.7302429 [DELETED] 

>>7302048
It's actually painfully obvious he doesn't intend for it to be a tragic romance for me. So it's not understandable to me. I think Nabokov's strength here is showing us where H.H. is being unreliable and how. It's just enough where a scene seems fine and we're on board with H.H. and you're taken out in such a way that you feel a very real disgust. It's his ability to evoke a sensation that's great. If he didn't do this liberally, then I could see how it's very easy to sympathize with H.H. and see the tragic love story. But he does this a lot--or frequently enough. I think that's part of why Nabokov was so angry about reaction to the book and people loving the Tragic Love Story.

>> No.7302426

>>7301712
just went through their clothes, looks like a toned down version of candy stripper

>> No.7302428 [DELETED] 

>>7302359
> tfw that is just a year older than you and your fiance.

>> No.7302433

>>7301699
Also, did anyone see the prices? I swear I looked this up in the tags after seeing it float around (where else) tumblr and it's ridiculously expensive for what it is. Unless it's extremely high quality, I don't get it.

But people are eating it up, apparently.

>> No.7302437 [DELETED] 

>>7302419

See, that's how I interpreted it and was wondering if I was the only one.

This just sounds very bad to me, on one hand you're trying to turn a book on pedophilia into a fashion statement, and on the other hand if this gets more popularized its going to bring down EGL even more.

Just why?

>> No.7302438 [DELETED] 

>>7302174
just like someone who wish they tried hard drugs in their teens before having a family or whatever just for the experience/fascination, youre gonna feel bad for a bit but honestly, theres a reason why you shouldnt miss it.

>> No.7302444 [DELETED] 

>>7302412
I think you're situation is completely fine. There's nothing wrong with a large age difference (as long as it's not a 10 year old with a 40 year old). And you didn't try to flirt with him while he was with someone else and ruin a relationship like these girls are trying to do.

>>7302433
It's probably not good quality. A lot of Japanese brands are super pricey with F21 quality. I have a few Liz Lisa items that got damaged pretty quickly. Rips in lace, material looking worn after like three washes, sweaters pilling. Funny enough, most of my LL replicas are in amazing condition after wearing them for over a year.

>> No.7302447 [DELETED] 

>>7302200
no.

>> No.7302458 [DELETED] 

>>7302348
>>7302423
Heh, his ex-wife was only concerned with the alimony, and got hitched to a Lawyer on a dating website (which she had been frequenting on and off in the year before they divorced) a month after the papers were signed. She moved to the U.S. almost immediately, and they hadn't had sex since she had a kid 7 years ago.

But seriously, this trend just looks like whatever Katie/Milk/Amo thing remade to be sexy instead of cute, i.e. to suit the Western market.

>> No.7302463 [DELETED] 

>>7302438
*should miss it

>> No.7302470 [DELETED] 

>>7302458
Doesn't matter. You're still a selfish homewrecker. But, whatever, what's done is done. Just remember what the previous anon said:
>if someone cheated on their wife just to be with me, I know I'd always wonder if they'd do it again

>> No.7302479

>>7302458
Not sure what you mean by this being made to suit the Western market, the brand in the OP is also Japanese.

>> No.7302484 [DELETED] 

>>7302458
Were they still married while you were fucking?

>> No.7302494 [DELETED] 

>>7302458
All you'll ever know is his side of the story, and he'll always paint himself in the best light to look good to you. Who knows, maybe the wife got fed up with his shit and found he was oggling young chicks and looking at loli porn.

>> No.7302507

>>7302479
The models are all western though. Thats when the brand specifically says, this is who I'm targetting this brand for.

>> No.7302541 [DELETED] 

>>7302418

I became sexually active with a 30 year old man when I was like 11 or 12. We didn't actually have sex until I was 16 which was my choice, he never forced anything on me or made it weird. It was legitimately about as consensual as you can get which is why the idea of statutory rape pisses me off so much but that is a rant for another post. The point of the matter is, its a lot easier to find older men than you might think. Most of them are right under your nose anyway.

fyi, I'm now 23 and I've never had any pregnancies, STDs, STIs or anything go wrong at all. That man and I sort of drifted apart a few years ago and it was exactly like a regular relationship except I was much, much younger. I still prefer older men, sometimes obscenely older men, but I've never gone after them in the way these nymphet girls are talking about. Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am, I've had people ask if my parents were home when I answered the door before, so I'd probably fit right in with them if my outlook on things was just ever so slightly different. lmfao

>> No.7302546 [DELETED] 

>>7302484
Is it really necessary to be splitting hairs like that?Would I be any more/less of a slut/homewrecker if we had only been seeing each other but not fucking until the papers were stamped, or fucking like rabbits on our first date? It's like an 18 y'o becoming a sex offender for having sex with their SO who's still 17.

>>7302494
Eh, it's our third year together and I was there during the divorce proceedings and read all their e-mail correspondence. Also she was hunting for a new husband a year prior, as evidenced by her speedy re-marriage to a richer man, I think she would have divorced him sooner or later anyway.

>> No.7302554

>>7302507
If that's the case then I hope they make the clothes in longer/larger sizes. Not saying they need to make hamplanet sizes but still.

>> No.7302563 [DELETED] 

>>7302541
Did you reply to the wrong post? I didn't really say anything related to what you just said...

>> No.7302564 [DELETED] 

>>7302444
Oh yea I don't think my relationship is wrong, it's quite funny though when people say 'Oh how did you first meet??' or 'Was it love at first sight?'.

>> No.7302567

>>7302507
Ah no, it means they're targeting girls who want to look like sexy white girls.

>> No.7302572 [DELETED] 

>>7302541
Doesn't matter if you consented at age 11 or 12, at that age you're not mentally mature enough to make adult decisions.

>> No.7302570 [DELETED] 

>>7302563
Not her but you did say something related to what she said. You said "Every "older man" they hook up with is either 33 or 31. There is no way that you can keep running into guys that age,"
and she explained how when she was young she was with a 40 year old man and that it's easier to find men that age when you're young then you think.

>> No.7302575 [DELETED] 

>>7302563

"I have a hard time believing these girls are telling the truth"

I told you that it does happen. And with 30 year olds no less. My response was very relevant to what you posted. Am I saying these girls are preaching the gospel truth on Tumblr? No. But it does happen and I'm proof of that.

>> No.7302576 [DELETED] 

>>7302570
>when she was young she was with a 40 year old man
I typod, I meant to write a 30 year old man

>> No.7302577 [DELETED] 

>>7302541
How is it not weird that a 30 year old would want to spend time with a 12 year old basically having sex? I've never understood how any socially balanced person has fun with people half their age. It's like they can't make friends/fuck people their age so they shoot way lower to look cool or mature~

You're 23 now. Would you date a boy who is 11-12 right now?

>> No.7302583 [DELETED] 

>>7302541
>11 and 12

That's disgusting dude.

>> No.7302584 [DELETED] 

>>7302570
>>7302575
I think you misunderstood what I meant, then.

I was talking about how it was strange that every man in their stories is exactly 33 or 31 years old, and nothing else. That sounds like a weird and specific age of men to be running into all the time. I know it's possible to run into and have sex with older guys but it gets weird and seems fake when they're only a specific age.

>> No.7302594 [DELETED] 

>>7302572

Except you're wrong. It started with my own curiosity. I asked him questions that my hormonal body was curious about. I wondered about the hair I was growing and how sex worked and why I was feeling the way I was. He explained to me everything I wanted to know and it stayed like that for a while until I asked him to touch me. He asked me if I was sure and I said yes. Then eventually I asked if I could touch him. Then I asked if I could suck his dick. Then by the time I was probably 14 I asked if he'd go down on me. Then at 16 I asked if he'd fuck me.

He didn't initiate anything. I started all of it and he never took advantage of that. He did everything I said and on the few occasions I asked him to stop he did. There was no rape, statutory or otherwise. I literally brought everything on myself and I don't have a problem with how any of that went down. You're wrong.

>> No.7302601 [DELETED] 

Welp, this has turned into the most disgusting thread on the board pretty quickly. Some of you girls disgust me.

>> No.7302605 [DELETED] 

>>7302577

11-12 year old boys are a little different from 11-12 year old girls. Remember that females mature faster so I'm not sure if I could handle an obnoxious preteen boy, haha. But I suppose if the boy suited my fancy I wouldn't have a problem with it. Age is just a number.

But I really do prefer older men. I always get disappointed when cute boys aren't older than me or when they're only one or two years older.

>> No.7302604 [DELETED] 

>>7302577
Me and my coworkers ponder this all the time. One of our coworkers is 20 and the guy she's been fooling around is in his 50s. They started seeing each other when she was 16 I believe. And from what I've gathered they aren't a couple and he's the only guy she's really been with. He's come into our store and I get weird vibes from it.

>> No.7302612 [DELETED] 

>>7302594
Exactly. You made stupid decisions. Just because you're doing adult things with a 30 year old doesn't mean you have an older mindset.

>> No.7302620 [DELETED] 

>>7302584
just a little insight on this

30 sounds too youthful, 31,32,33 are all attractive "older" ages.
doesnt mean these are all fake, but if you have an age of 31 or 33 its something to brag about, 32 yr old psychologically sounds frumpy. its hard to explain simply.

>> No.7302622 [DELETED] 

>>7302594
Isn't it so convenient that a lovely 30 year old man was there to answer all of your *questions*. It was completely necessary for your own 12 y/o development that you suck his dick. I'm sure your parents thanked him for his humble teachings.

>> No.7302623 [DELETED] 

>>7302594
>I'm reading the newspaper!
>I'm an actual adult now!

>> No.7302625 [DELETED] 

>>7302541
>>7302594
Yeeeah... confirmed for Art Admirer

>> No.7302626 [DELETED] 

>>7302620
That doesn't make it any less stupid and fake.

>> No.7302632 [DELETED] 

>>7302601
poo poo all you want.
its something that needs to be talked about.

>> No.7302634 [DELETED] 

>>7302594
No, I'm not wrong. You're making this shit up. ugh

>> No.7302638 [DELETED] 

>>7302612

I never said it did? What I DID say was that I started everything, I initiated it and I'm taking responsibility for that. He did nothing wrong as it was all at my own decision to become sexually active with him. Also, they were not stupid decisions. I'm glad I learned my sexuality with someone who was experienced and sensitive about my feelings rather than some stupid punk my own age who didn't have a care in the world other than getting his dick wet. I know who I am and I know what I want in both a man and in a relationship which I know wouldn't be the case without that experience. Just stop already.

>> No.7302639 [DELETED] 

Age of consent is fucking bullshit. I actually had a talk about this a while ago on here with another anon.

>> No.7302640 [DELETED] 

>>7302572
Sorry to burst your bubble but I was much more mature than most of my teachers or parents when I was 11 or 12, and I haven't changed much mentally since. It depends on the person, I know some 30 year olds who are immature as fuck and should not be responsible for children or heavy machinery, but are legally allowed because of their age. It's ageist to judge if you don't know them personally, yes general 12 year olds are fucking retarded, but there are exceptions. I look my age, but people who know me always assume I'm much older because of how I am. It is also possible to have a sexual relationship with a much older person if they respect you and you are in control and know what you want.

>> No.7302643 [DELETED] 

>>7302594
Heres how a normal person would respond who isn't attracted to 11 year olds:
>I wondered about the hair I was growing and how sex worked and why I was feeling the way I was.
Ask your mom
>He explained to me everything I wanted to know and it stayed like that for a while until I asked him to touch me.
No, you little pervert
>He asked me if I was sure and I said yes. Then eventually I asked if I could touch him. Then I asked if I could suck his dick. Then by the time I was probably 14 I asked if he'd go down on me. Then at 16 I asked if he'd fuck me.
No, no, no, NOOOOO.
Notice the part where you say no to having sex with kids regardless of who initiates it, its important because the alternative is statutory rape
The fact that you feel the need to post about this and defend yourself to the smallest provocation is probably proof that these events fucked you up but you should be able to admit theres something wrong with this situation

>> No.7302644 [DELETED] 

only the intellectually retarded can find attraction to young kids. theyre by far incredibly boring and if not that, irritating beings to talk to.

>> No.7302648 [DELETED] 

>>7302640
>ageist
Nope, lost me there.

>> No.7302656 [DELETED] 

>>7302643
Stockholm Syndrome hits it hard.

>> No.7302652 [DELETED] 

>>7302643

There is a difference between defending yourself and explaining yourself. You should learn the difference.

>> No.7302653 [DELETED] 

>>7302174
That's what age play roleplays are for. I'm sure you could find a guy to roleplay with you, or if you're married, your husband might be up to it. Surprise him with a school uniform or something, that's a common enough fetish to start out with that he shouldn't find it weird at all (and soooo many guys are into that shit, especially anime fans)

>> No.7302657 [DELETED] 

>>7302640
>>7302640

>Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am, I've had people ask if my parents were home when I answered the door before

>I look my age

Something doesn't add up here...

>> No.7302659 [DELETED] 

>>7302657

There are two different anons, genius.

>> No.7302660 [DELETED] 

>>7302643
All of this. Christ this girl needs therapy BAD.

>> No.7302665 [DELETED] 

>>7302644
Young kids =/= teenager, what you're describing is pedophilia, we're discussing hebephillia. There are 11-14 year olds who can hold their own in a conversation with adults twice or three times their age, who have developed senses of self and know what they want out of life. No, a 6 year old can not say if she wants the dick or not because she doesn't fully understand what it is, but 12 is much different. 12 year olds these days don't even look like 12 year olds anymore, and if they're fucking each other, what's the difference? 16 and 12 legal, 40 and 16 illegal?

>> No.7302668 [DELETED] 

>>7301983
Some of these answers to asks make me facepalm. Being involved with someone with a mere 5 year age difference is fucking normal. 18 and 23, REALLY? These girls are retarded.

>> No.7302670 [DELETED] 
File: 998 KB, 500x306, please, tell me more.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302660
>>7302643

>> No.7302676 [DELETED] 

>>7302640
I'm so fucking MATURE guys. OMG why don't you BELIEVE! EVERYBODY SAYS I'M MATURE IN REAL LIFE SHEESH!!! More mature than my parents and even teachers. You're all just AGEIST

>> No.7302678 [DELETED] 
File: 219 KB, 471x361, 1374155253012.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302638
Alright, hun, I get. You're special. You're different. You're not like other girls.

>> No.7302680 [DELETED] 

When i was a sophomore in highschool, my friend was involved with a guy who was 10 years older than her. It was really weird.. I didnt like it at all. But whenever I mentioned it to her shed bring up the fact that my boyfriend had already graduated too. Shit bitch, 3 year age difference to 10 is hell of a lot, dont compare our relationships.

>> No.7302686 [DELETED] 

>>7302227
>I feel really bad for that teacher, she's probably caused him a lot of stress over that and he might get fired if he doesn't handle this right.

I do too. This little slut can fuck up his life and career. Girl is just plain nasty.

>> No.7302689 [DELETED] 

>>7302640
>structured argument with definitive points and parameters

>>7302676
>ad hominem mocking

idk anon that's pretty fucking immature

>> No.7302699 [DELETED] 

>>7302665

Honestly, this. When I asked if I could touch him I knew by that point what a penis was. I knew what it did, what it was for. I made that decision knowingly which is something these other anons don't seem to be understanding. 12 year olds are far from the innocent children you seem to think they are. If he hadn't been the one who explained everything to me, who do you think would have? Other boys my age who would've been happy to demonstrate, ignore me when I say no and then get me pregnant before I was even 15? No. I made a responsible choice by choosing to explore with someone who respected me and knew what they were doing and it wasn't like it all happened at once. By the time we actually had sex, I was the same age as many other girls were when they lost their virginity so I don't see how this is oh so wrong by /cgl/ standards. I think most of you are just regurgitating the statutory rape BS you've been brainwashed into believing is true without actually thinking about my specific situation, which is why I went into further detail but I now see that was futile as with most everything else, you girls are pigheaded.

>> No.7302705 [DELETED] 

>>7302699
We're so brainwashed to think some 30 something year old guy touching a 12 year old is wrong. Please do go on.

>> No.7302708 [DELETED] 

>>7302689
I agree. But stop arguing with anons, they'd never understand shit like this and don't want to.
They don't think that it's ever possible that something like that could be okay, and while it seems pretty messed up, the original girl doesn't regret it 11 years later and is still fine with her choice and the guy didn't do anything she didn't want to. In this situation, I think it's fine.
>inb4 many replies
I don't give a shit, I haven't been in any situations like hers but I understand it.

>> No.7302709 [DELETED] 

>>7302689
1. Saying you're mature for your age does not provide any good argument.
2. If you haven't changed mentally since you were 11, you're probably extremely stunted or blind.
3. 30 year olds can be immature, but the point is that there is a cutoff age in which the majority is mature. That's the fucking point, ya dunderheads.
4. Just because there are exceptions to the rule doesn't mean we should suddenly rule that 11 year olds are good to fuck.
5. Cry more to your old fart

>> No.7302710 [DELETED] 

>>7302282
Honestly, I'd say they're both shitty people, really.

>> No.7302711 [DELETED] 

>>7302689
>Tu quoque
That's pretty fallacious, anon.

>> No.7302716 [DELETED] 

>>7302699
I don't think what you did was wrong at all, a bit odd but nothing malicious.Whats wrong about this is you feel the need to convince yourself that you were in control of a sexual relationship with a guy three times your age.

>> No.7302733 [DELETED] 

>>7302716

But I was. There were quite a few times when I'd grab at his dick and he'd tell me no. On the flip side, he never made random grabs for me. I kind of wanted him to, y'know. Really take control but he only acted after I brought it up first. I think its because he knew what a fine line he was riding and he didn't want to freak me out. But then again, that also shows how much self restraint he had.

>> No.7302731 [DELETED] 
File: 961 KB, 245x250, 1389761024949.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This thread

Jesus christ.

>> No.7302734

>>7302507
A lot of Japanese brands use white models, and they don't sell outside of Japan. They use the models because they're cute, not because they're marketed toward teenage Eastern Europeans living in Japan

>> No.7302746 [DELETED] 
File: 48 KB, 650x366, itsrainingtastylolirape.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302731
omg now there's dick grabbing

>> No.7302753 [DELETED] 

>>7302733
Maybe i misjudged, I'm sorry. Who was this guy anyway, why were you and him together without your parents all this time? Relative, family friend?

>> No.7302756 [DELETED] 

>>7302659
talking about being in a relationship at twelve? Well fuck the second one who jumped in then - figuratively.

Why can't we all relish in the fact that a lolita fashion thread has descended into an ageism flamewar about sex with little girls?

It is hilarious.

>> No.7302759 [DELETED] 

>>7302753

He was a relative by law. No blood and no familial feelings shared between us.

>> No.7302760 [DELETED] 

This brand actually looks like the clothing they used in the Lolita movie starring Jeremy Irons, not related to jfashion in the slightest. I think this is actual 'Lolita' clothing, not gothic lolita inspired.

>> No.7302764 [DELETED] 

>>7302756

Feel free to shift the conversation back on track but I see literally no one making on topic posts so.

>> No.7302766 [DELETED] 

>>7302760

Except this one.

>> No.7302777
File: 61 KB, 640x640, 1389762246110.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302734
Basically this. And usually if they are selling overseas they use any PoC and famous people they can find. Fig&Viper used Mpho Lebajoa for their whole A/W 2013 lookbook collection.
>>7302567
>>7302507

>> No.7302780 [DELETED] 

>>7301899
I'm pretty damn sure Mana and the others knew about the book and the perceived name. Artist-types always coin phrases meant to shock, then it's re-used until it becomes mainstream. The German phrase "Das ist geil!" which means "That's awesome!", but "geil" meant (and still means) "horny" when the expression started being used in the language.

>> No.7302901
File: 90 KB, 640x640, 1389765748691.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301668
Japanese brands have been going Lolita for ages though. Syrup and Katie basically only do lolita / doll looks.

>> No.7302929

A line of clothes inspired by the book Lolita came out a few years ago as well. If anything I think it helps distance Japanese lolita fashion from the book since they look completely different.

>> No.7304249
File: 101 KB, 768x570, T1kbKOXcphXXcO9NET_011838.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301881
Maybe it's the makeup? Let's see some closeups of their face. Maybe we can copy them!

Sincerely,
-Plain White Girl who wants to look like an Ethereal Forest Fairy

>> No.7304262

>>7302777
I've never heard of japanese brands using POCs

or any POC japanese models

>> No.7304276

>>7304249
I think it's that they're putting heavy contouring on the "youthful" bits of their faces.

>> No.7304286

>>7304276
Could you define what you mean by 'youthful bits'?
What should I be highlighting and lowlighting?

>> No.7304378

>>7304249
>flawless concealer
>highlights beneath the eyes, bulb of chin & forehead
>bronzer beneath/around jawline
>light blush in a circular shape on the apples of your cheeks
>a light-colored eyeshadow on the lids and inner corners of your eyes
>gray or brown eyeliner closelining the top lid.
>curl lashes, apply mascara with a very light, almost 'feathery' touch.
>use eyebrow brush/ clean mascara wand to comb your brows up. if needed, you can use brow shaders to make them look thicker. try to de-emphasize the natural arch.

maybe attempt aegyo sal if you're feeling ambitious.
am I skipping any steps?

>> No.7304468
File: 85 KB, 612x612, 1389828064330.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7304262
Galaxxxy uses a PoC male model for some shoots too . But you know....~the more you know~

>> No.7304890

>>7304378
Thanks so much!
Why the bulb of the chin, though? I didn't think that pointy chins were very youthful

>> No.7305261

>>7304378
What are good concealers? I have dark circles from genetics

>> No.7309396

>>7304890
it's not so much to create the illusion of pointiness as it is to balance the highlight on the rest of your face. depending on how you contour your jawline with the bronzer you can alter the natural shape of your chin and make it seem 'pointier', but that's really more a matter of individual style/preference.

>>7305261
I have the same problem. Right now I'm using Revlon's Photo-Ready pen over BB cream...it seems to work OK for a drug store brand. Generally I look for concealers that have an orange/peach tint to them, that helps neutralize the purpley-ness around my eyes. Another recommendation is to not apply the concealer directly on your dark circles, but swipe a line just underneath the most prominent parts and pat with a fingertip to blend it upwards.

>> No.7309414

>betty boop
don't associate redneck with lolita, please

>> No.7310516

>>7302507
Not all all. If that were true, every Western brand would therefore be marketing their clothing towards only very tall thin and generally attractive people. Marketing is about selling to people's desires, not what they actually are.

>> No.7310526

>>7309414
Betty boop is mildly popular in Japan as a character used on "cute" clothing. It's not that surprising.

>> No.7310541
File: 81 KB, 600x600, 1390038101357.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7301668
I think they're using the other definition of Lolita

>> No.7310622
File: 135 KB, 439x367, 427545634.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

found this shit a few days ago, i hope this doesn't become a thing.

>> No.7310723

>>7310622
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.7310728

>>7310541
I'm 90% sure that's what western brands are always referring to when they call something "Lolita".
I'm sort of confused by this thread, since it seems to be interpreting it as lolita-the-fashion influenced?

>> No.7310729

>>7310622
shit looks like bodyline

>> No.7310730

>>7304378
Yes - darkening the bottom eyelid
it looks like the Western method of the Asian "puffy eye effect" to make you look like you gave giant eyes, just that you're faking "squinting them upwards

also making the upper lid smaller in comparison to the bottom as much as you can

I love this makeup style

>> No.7310732

>>7310730
*upper lip

>> No.7310759

I think this is less connected to Elegant Gothic Lolita and more connected to the weird 'nymphet' style of fashion fans of the Lolita film like.

If you search Lolita on polyvore for example, a lot of the sites have those childish yet kind of sexual outfits going on.

It's meant to look like what Dolores wears in the 1997 Lolita movie. Some people like the 1962 look too but the 97 film looks a LOT like the outfits in the OP...

>> No.7310761
File: 55 KB, 800x449, 14399834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7310759
forgot pic

>> No.7310769

>>7310759

Well duh, that's what anon is saying.

>> No.7310773

>>7310761
Cannot unsee miley cyrus.

>> No.7310797

>>7310769
Other Anons completely missed it though.

>> No.7311659

>>7310730
I disagree
darkening the lower eyelid makes it look much too artificial. this is popular in gyaru and living doll styles but for the look pictured in the images above any type of obvious eye-lining would add maturity to the models...
just because something makes your eyes look larger does not necessarily mean they make you look more youthful or 'fresh-faced'. kotakoti is a good example of this. her makeup is too aggressively trendy to make the impression of an innocent character.

>> No.7311677

>>7304262
Japanese people ARE PoC.

>> No.7311735

>>7311677
I don't think Japanese people living in Japan dominated by native Japanese people see themselves as PoC...

>> No.7311756
File: 52 KB, 402x584, 1372821281373.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7311677

>> No.7311793

>>7311735
That wasn't the point.
If you mean black, say black. The term is 1000x more stupid when you don't even use it correctly.

>> No.7311833

>>7304262
Uhhh are Asians not "PoC"? Do you know what that word even means? Tumblr whore, it means non-white. If you were talking about black people, you should have just said black. I'm so tired of this shit.

>> No.7311852

>>7311793
black, mixed, hispanic, indian, darker skinned people.

you damned well knew what I meant. its easier to say POC than going down the damned list.

>>7311833
I meant models for Japanese brands that were POC, not asian models.

>> No.7311856
File: 982 KB, 390x259, tumblr_m9cckmRlJK1rd2qw6o1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7311852

Technically all Japanese brands have PoC models, since they are PoC companies.

>> No.7311859

>>7311856

I just realised they also have white models too. But you get my point, most of them to my knowledge hire Japanese models anyways, which are PoC by definition.

You can't suddenly disinclude Asians conveniently since it's a definition defined as "not white."

>> No.7311861

>>7311859
>>7311856
Japanese people refer to themselves as white.

>> No.7311865

POC is a terrible concept.. It polarizes the world into Whites vs. Everyone Else and flattens out the depth and diversity of cultures and countries.

>> No.7311864

>>7311859
Japanese models aren't POC in their own damn country. but you knew what I meant, why do you have to overcomplicate things?
should everyone just say
"black, mixed, hispanic, indian, darker skinned people."
in place of POC to make you happy?

should everyone say "dinglestick" instead of "penis"" to make me happy? I think so, but its not going to happen.

>> No.7311867

>>7311865
The world was already polarized like that. a word isn't going to change that.

>> No.7311866

>>7311865
This.

>> No.7311868

The word everyone is looking for here is minorities. I know in america PoC and minority are interchangeable(lol) but not in Japan. Japanese people don't even class themselves as PoC anyways.

>> No.7311869

>>7311867
>my country is like this so the whole world must be!
Get out.

>> No.7311879

>>7311867

No, it wasn't. You can't just lump every country into white or POC. This diversity and 'inclusivity' mindset popular on tumblr really changes how people perceive the world. It trivializes the struggles of countries and people while oppressed by each other ('white'-on-'white' and 'poc'-on-'poc'). I would be insulted on either side of the coin, assuming that say the Japanese have had the same struggles as Africans, or that the Germans have had the same struggles as the Polish.

The word itself breeds this idea of unity between 'oppressed' in tumblrtards who don't understand the way the world works, and it flattes the depth of politics and cultures entirely until people like you think 'it's all the same.'

>> No.7311901
File: 12 KB, 278x229, 5825617951.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7311861
Every asian (japanese, korean, chinese, and thai) person I've ever met has been tanner than me and my family, and I'm just a British mix? I've met japanese and chinese babies who are tanner than I am. Japanese people/asian people are not "white" no matter how much they bleach their skin and want to say they are? I'd love to be tan, but I just burn, why is everyone nowadays so obsessed with being fair? Especially asians. It seems kinda racist in a way, because again, people are starting to idolize light skin.

>> No.7311914
File: 32 KB, 1676x286, stupidfuckingtumblrcunt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7311864
Stop. Saying. PoC. It's pretentious and way too broad.

>>Japanese models aren't POC in their own damn country.

Hahaha, what the fuck. So, they're white? A "Person of color" is a non-white.
Okay, and black people aren't black in Africa. Just shut the fuck up and use words properly. If you want to talk about dark skinned people, then say dark skinned instead of trying to sound like an pseudo-intellectual.

>> No.7311922

>>7311901

I'm Asian. I'm not tan, just sallow. I wish I could tan instead of getting that nasty ass burn that peels in summer.

Chinese like being fair not because they want to be white but because it symbolises a life of decadence (no need to work in the fields). It's been like that for centuries way before whites came, so it's more a matter of class and skin tone than it is about race.

>> No.7311924
File: 85 KB, 634x400, whitepeoplearewhite.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7311901

>> No.7311926

>>7311901
>>people are starting to idolize light skin.
Are you really that stupid? Our race is light skinned, but that doesn't mean people who want lighter skin are trying to look white. It's a sign of class in a lot of countries, stop claiming it's racist.

>> No.7311931

>>7311901
I can't read your post because you end every fucking sentence with a question mark? It's really fucking annoying? It doesn't make you sound sarcastic or like you're stating the obvious? Just stupid? Stop?

>> No.7311933

>>7311868
We don't fucking use PoC either, just tumblr retards and whiny minorities.

>> No.7312020 [DELETED] 
File: 22 KB, 1156x210, scrnshot_0023.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think you people fail to realize that the term PoC is used in countries that are majority white, but have a number of non-white minorities. (ex: United States, Canada and some European Countries)
PoC is used to unify anyone non-white in these countries, emphasizing their racism experiences.
Which is why anyone who is Japanese in Japan isn't a PoC because it is a homogeneous culture full of their own people and don't face racism within their own country. I don't think japanese people in japan have any use for the bullshit term "PoC" Outside of japan? Yeah, they do. Picture related.

Anyway, the term PoC is fucking stupid. Why would you erase anyone's personal identity into a term like PoC. Besides, you can't compare the racism a black man experiences and compare them to a latina women. Each face racism, but are not comparable in any means.

Tumblr is a shithole.

>> No.7312040

>>7311914
did you screncap that out of rage just for me?

I'm flattered.

>> No.7312054

>>7311865
>the world
Nah, only some countries that deal with white supremacy to a certain extent. I wouldn't use it to refer to Japanese people in Japan. I would use it in reference to people in America and some other countries, though. Anon should have used "brown foreigners" or something else to say what they meant.

>> No.7312136

>>7311901
>starting
>how about no
It's been the East Asian beauty standard for thousands of years, and you sound ignorant as fuck. Just like being fat, it was a sign of wealth you could stay inside all day and not toil in the fields which would tan your skin. Also it decreases wrinkles since a youthful appearance is prized, and lighter skin shows less blemishes and lines = smoother looking and more even skintone. Like how bodybuilders paint themselves dark to better show their muscles and shit; there's a Chinese saying "paleness hides a hundred flaws". 白掩百丑 Nobody is trying to be Caucasian you ignorant asshat, another standard of beauty is long, straight, black hair. Also Thai's are S.E. Asian.

I would wear the fuck out of movie Lolita's outfits, but this style is really meh.

>> No.7312140

>>7312054
I'll use "brown foreigners" from now on, because that just sounds hilarious.

>> No.7312199

>>7310541
>>7310759

This this this this this.

The style is obviously the same as the Lolita movie, that retro late 50s very early 60s look, except done in pastels. She wears those high waisted short shorts and similar things quite a bit in the film.

>> No.7312314

>>7312140
Cool man.