[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 136 KB, 500x226, tumblr_m4jvmklBqC1qa10uwo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7287852 No.7287852[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So, it may just be the seasonal depression speaking but... I know there are many seagulls who suffer from mental disorders, eating disorders, BDD... etc.

Can we have a /cgl/ motivation thread? Post whats bothering you and let it all out?
Lolita and Cosplay related mainly please.

right now I'm wondering if I should continue cosplay even though I'm a horseface.
will any of my work even matter?

>> No.7287863

>>7287852
use the horseface, cosplay men.

>like cosplaying cutesy shit
>why not cosplay as a dude
>cosplay as itachi
>fucking weeb chicks really thought I was a man
>grabbed my arms, two chicks fought over me.
>I like girls yes
>they are both fat and ugly though

its nice knowing I have that option open to me. and nice knowing I make a damn pretty boy

>> No.7287864

I've suffered from bulimia since I was in middle school and no matter how low the scale drops I think I'll always see myself as fat.

>> No.7287915

If you can find characters that have your same features/faults, it helps your esteem quite a bit.
I used to be really self-conscious about cosplaying at all because I have a big European nose and a manly jawline, and most characters are Asian, therefore tiny noses and softer jawlines.
The Hetalia series helped me feel better, honestly, because majority of the characters are some type of European.

It's not always easy to find such characters, but one or two can help break your shell a bit.
For a horseface, Satsuki from Kill la Kill would actually fit that. You can also mess a little in crossplay.

>> No.7287910

I had depression & anxiety years ago, thought I was all good and had a handle on it but the last few weeks I have felt... well, not anxious or depressed, but... apathetic?

This worries me, because this is usually how depression periods start for me. Lolita is not interesting to me at the moment and I just cannot be bothered to pull a full outfit together.

All I want to do is sit on the couch in my pjs and play Black Flag. I'm hoping feeling this way is just a response to being run down at this time of year due to work.

>> No.7287930

>>7287852
I have OCD and Trichotillomania and I am sure I have some kinda Psychopathy but I won't let any doctors near me for that anymore, don't want to hear anymore bad news.
I love cosplaying and fashion the only thing my issues stop me from doing is talking to people at expos and conventions, even though I go to make friends, if anyone talks to me I might get a word out then spend the rest of the event hiding from the people who talked to me.

>> No.7288002

>>7287852
I was professionally diagnosed with bipolar disorder three years ago, I self harm via cutting my wrists or thighs (depends on the season), and I struggle with my body image. Personally, I also feel that my issues get worse in the winter, like it's easier for me to get sad.

I'm currently not seeking any treatment because of my parents. I used to go, however my home life became horrible because my dad would constantly pick on me for getting help. ("It's all in your head." "You are such an embarrassment to us." "You're just looking for attention." "Why can't you be happy with the things you have?" "You have no reason to feel this way.") I'm fairly good at ignoring him, but this was constant and I couldn't take it anymore.

Body image wise, I can honestly say I hate my body. I'm an apple shape, and I don't find it aesthetically pleasing at all. I'm losing weight, but as pathetic as it is, I have cried myself to sleep before knowing that I will never have a feminine body shape. I'll never have full hips. It's so petty but I... don't know how to feel any differently. I won't go into anything else though.

>> No.7288012

I'm tired of the girls in my community. I try to look past their flaws but it sucks that we still have not so good lolitas (putting it lightly) even though they've been in the community for a while. And I'm tired of hosting meetups only to have half of them flake out or show up last minute without reservations. I don't want to be an elitist but I think I've past the point of no return. I can't pretend to be happy with the way things are anymore after the last disappointing event.

>> No.7288022

>>7288002
I haven't seeked help for the same reason. I think my parents will also look for any excuse to say I can't take care of myself and have me live with them forever. I've tried moving out and it turned into a HUGE SHITSTORM of them calling the cops of me and trying to send me to court and have my rights as a human taken away.

basically cray cray parents make me cray cray too

undo-able cycle

>> No.7288053

>>7288002
I find people who have never had any mental illness always respond with "It's all in your head" which always makes me go WHY WOULD I CHOOSE TO HAVE THIS IN MY HEAD?

We will never have the body that we crave. Hell, if I achieved it it wouldn't last very long because I'm lazy and I like food. But I like my hair and I like my eyes and my ears are a pretty nice shape... there's lots of nice things I like. Don't cry, honey. I'm sure there are lots of nice things about you.

>> No.7288094
File: 38 KB, 354x242, 1388784192315.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been depressed for the past four years, but everyone's ignored it completely until very recently. I've been experiencing a lot of upheaval lately (long, boring story), and so I've been in a particularly rough patch, the likes of which I haven't seen since my depression started. This past New Year's I had a mental breakdown at a party in front of a bunch of my friends, and I've been avoiding them since, because I feel so embarrassed and angry at how one of them handled it (he told all my other friends about it). The thing is, there's a con coming up really soon, and we booked a hotel together. I really can't deal with being around them right now; I hate their awkward forced sympathy and the fact that they lack the social skills to do anything constructive. However, if I don't fix things soon, my plans for the con might be shattered. I know they'll forgive me when I apologize, but I just can't fucking deal with anything right now, and I want to be alone.

>> No.7288101
File: 8 KB, 261x200, 1389237998252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OPs pic is fucking stupid scene girl logic
you have no choice turning into a human baby and growing up, its natural for everyone

changing your hair color (especially to blue) is unnatural and isnt normal in growth

>> No.7288102

>>7288101
Thanks for sharing.

>> No.7288138

I spent the last month and a half working on a Matoi costume with my best friend. We have pretty close body types so the whole thing was also a learning process so we could have an easier time making her Satsuki one.

Or that was the plan til I came home early to work and found her wearing it. While he fucked her.

>> No.7288161

My depression has gotten worse since I've deteriorated health wise. At least now I know what I have so there's some stability in knowing that. I'm on the waiting list for the geneticist so pin down the exact sub-type of Ehlers-Danlos I have. Even though the cardiologist I saw said I most likely don't have the type 4 vascular type, I'm still uneasy and feel like there's a possibility I do have it. It brings me a lot of anxiety because if I have type 4, I could be dead by 50. I just think about my future. Is it worth getting married if I'll be dead by then? I just feel like my time is constantly running out. Even if I don't have type 4, I just keep on getting older and I just can't shake off the feeling of death. I know we all die, but I feel like I haven't done enough with my life and that it will be like that forever until I die. I used to have a lot of focus and direction in my life but now I feel like I'm spinning in an undetermined direction. I want to find myself again.

>> No.7288164

>>7288138
Oh wow. I'm so sorry.

>> No.7288165

I'm afraid to post my cosplays or WIPs on here because everyone on this board is so critical of body image.

I have really bad body image issues, but cosplay helps me get away from that. I'm not even fat or anything, just ~5 pounds above the average weight for my height, but the girls here are all skinny and mean to anyone who isn't 90 pounds. I love cosplay but I can't post my shit on the only cosplay community I'm a part of because I'm afraid of ridicule.

I currently struggle with depression and I've also struggled with eating disorders in the past. I don't want my own community pushing me back into that shit because I don't look like them.

>> No.7288180
File: 205 KB, 900x800, 1381033595294.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Selective mutism as a child. Now I just have extreme social anxiety, and concerns about schizophrenia lately since it runs in the family.

>> No.7288184

>>7288138
Abloo bloo I'm skinny enough to do ecchi cosplay and and can probably pick up another boyfriend in 10 minutes.

Go fuck yourself.

>> No.7288194
File: 187 KB, 500x333, 1380388862393.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288184
This image has never been more appropriate.

>> No.7288198

>>7288165
You have lurked long enough if that's how you think it works

if someone says shit you ignore them, if they give you advice on the costume you say thanks. It's not hard. Unless you make drama out of it or you react badly it's more likely than not people will not comment or defend you(especially if say you're posted in an ita/bad cosplay thread when you don't actually belong there)

If you can't take even the occasional possible troll, you should probably just stick to posting on reddit.

>> No.7288199

Pretty sure one of my good friends who I met through the cosplay world is dying. She told me she had organ failure, but won't tell me anything else. She's normally a really open person, too-- last time she didn't tell me something, her mother had died. Also, I know I shouldn't go to the convention that she's going to because I'm going out of the country the next week and money's a bit tight, but I'm so afraid I won't get to see her again. She won't even pick up my phone calls because she knows I'm going to keep asking about it.

>> No.7288205

I have my first councilor appointment tomorrow for my depression and on again off again eating disorder. Im pretty scared, i know its stupid but i feel too fat to talk to someone about my eating even though i know im underweight. I have never really talked to anyone about this sort of thing and im pretty emotionally repressed most of the time so im a bit scared of breaking down to anyone. I guess its funny b/c people in my comm think im dependable and easy going but during the planning of the last meetup i found myself sitting at the picnic eating only the food i had bought and thinking about dying. Id like for this session to help but i don't have any expectations.

>> No.7288211

>>7288198
Sorry that I'm sensitive about my weight due to years of mental illness.

It's not even trolls anymore. There are tons of girls who post here and mock anyone who isn't stick thin. It's gross and makes me feel really self conscious. I've been lurking /cgl/ for a couple of years now and it's always gotten to me.

>> No.7288212

>>7288194
Oh please. Bitch wants to pretend she has an actual problem without realizing how easy she has it.

>> No.7288222

>>7288205

Well, you shouldn't be scared. The councilor will not judge you, only help you. Also, don't think of yourself as fat or thin, but rather unfit or fit. If you can run 30 minutes without passing out (for not eating enough) or huffing and puffing, that is a good place to be.

>> No.7288239

>>7288184
>>7288212
The fact that you think that being skinny means you can easily get a boyfriend just goes to show you've never lived life as a skinny girl.

The fact that you're attacking her for this and claiming she can just net another boyfriend with only her looks shows you're a shallow /soc/ shitbag.

So fat and a garbage personality. GG.

>> No.7288249
File: 309 KB, 460x351, 1387091396979.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288212
Maybe you can't get a date because you're such a raging cunt.

>> No.7288275

>>7288239
>>7288249
Skinny bitch defense force on duty. You all can go fuck yourselves.

>> No.7288278

I was diagnosed with depression last year and I do have a therapist it helps sometimes. I'm not on meds (yet) and It's been getting rough these past few days. I struggle with body image and am currently restricting my calorie intake. So far I'm averaging 1lb a week with little exercise.

>> No.7288283

>>7288275
ahahha, jealous fatties are funny

>> No.7288287
File: 22 KB, 320x240, 320_johnny_bravo-50.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To all the cosplay cuties that are feeling down. I don't anything about eating disorders and talking about stuff like BDD makes my brain hurt and reminds me of all those stupid states in Karl's game about magics and mazes and stuff.

I ain't got no magic ball that can see into your past but I sure got the magic loving that can see how you are all lovely ladies in my book. Even if the world is gonna hate you and luck is gonna treat you wrong just know that at least Johnny loves you and if Johnny loves you then you can at least love yourself along with me.

>> No.7288294

Forgot to take my antidepressant this morning and my mood tanked in the evening (it's an extended release formula). I started in late November but haven't gotten all the way back to normal yet. Starting on a higher dose tomorrow morning in the hopes that it'll help.

>>7288138
That fucking sucks, I'm sorry. I ended up figuring out that when my ex broke up with me because "I'm married to my work," that really meant he was emotionally and/or physically cheating on me with a girl from work. That fuck.

>> No.7288297
File: 71 KB, 900x900, 1383518999734.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288287
>Johnny Bravo trip

>> No.7288307

>>7288294
Ugh, fucking tell me about it. Mine went from the most supportive person in the world to everything being about him and his new job. I thought he getting to do pr for a videogame would be the best thing that happened to the both of us but nope, it just means he's gone from being deeply involved in my work and being my best and fairest critic to 'Oh that's nice dear, I had an interview with *insert gaming website here*'

Seriously it's like I lost my best friend.

>> No.7288313

I'm 4'9, never really developed all that much so I mostly cosplay younger characters or young versions of other characters. It's how I met my girlfriend. Over the past couple months I'm sorta starting to have the creeping realization that she's really only into me sexually when I'm in costume. I cried myself to sleep right now because the one girl who has been kind to me is probably a pedophile and I'm never going to find someone who likes me the way I look without them probably being into kids.

>> No.7288319

I'm not sure what's going on with my eating habits.
For a solid month or so, I've been extremely busy and pretty much only ate a meal a day, but big meals- usually until I am full. Not purposefully, but that was just pretty much as much as I could fit into my schedule. I noticed that I lost an inch off of my waistline, though. I'm in the mid to low average weight range for my height, but I think I look fat, to be honest, because of my bone structure and where I carry my weight, so that inch kind of started something in me. I have the time to eat normally now, but I can't bring myself to eat more than a single meal. If I try to eat more than that, I start to feel guilty and disgusted with myself, and sometimes that's enough to make me physically ill and want to throw it up.
Only an inch was gone off of my waist, and I still look noticeably grossly shaped, so no one really knows about any of this, not even my bf.
I don't know whether to tell anyone this or voice and concern about it, for fear of sounding dumb or like I'm overreacting to pulling for attention, because I'm still eating a decent amount of food to get me going through the week, I'm just afraid to eat more than that.

>> No.7288320

I love wearing cosplay, but I hate seeing the pictures afterward. I'm not sure if I'm actually ugly, imagining things, or simply not photogenic. I have a lot of mental issues and have been known to have delusions, so while I like to think I'm a fair judge, there's always doubt.

So I went to MAG, and only cosplayed for a few hours for two nights. Almost all the pictures I've seen of me, I want to wipe from the face of the planet.

From now on, I only want to do cosplays that don't show my face or much of my body. But it's a little difficult to find characters that I enjoy that fit the bill.

>> No.7288324

I've been working my ass off since I was 15 to try and go professional. I had my first paid shoot a month ago. My second one is cancelled because I'm scheduled for Mastectomy this Friday night. Please self examine.

>> No.7288330

I've been dealing with the aftermath of telling my mom my ex sexually assaulted me. Trying to get him kicked out of my religion, getting a restraining order etc. I'm so damn tired and irritated by everyone and my shopping addiction got worse because it's the only way I can feel any sense of worth anymore but of course it never lasts. It's been 2 months of hell and I'm not sure how much more my mom and I can take.

>> No.7288333

>>7288324
Aaaand that's enough /cgl/ for tonight.

>> No.7288337
File: 654 KB, 260x146, 1386882724525.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288287
>Johnny is back

>> No.7288345

>>7288319
Just go to your gp, it's likely that you're trying to take too much too suddenly

>> No.7288351

>>7288184
>>7288212
>>7288275
Hey everybody, no matter how fucked up you are, at least you're not like this anon!

>> No.7288353

Tried to bring up being a lolita and actually designing dresses to my crush. Spaghetti'd all over myself and was so revolted as soon as I got home I threw up.

>> No.7288355

>>7288351
Haha. Hey, at least I'll still be able to fill up a C cup next week. Can >>7288324 say the same?

>> No.7288361

>>7288355
Woah dude, not cool.

>> No.7288362
File: 53 KB, 625x626, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288355

>> No.7288367

>>7288355
I hope to god you're just trolling because I don't want to believe a person as immensely worthless as you is part of the community.

>> No.7288370

>>7288165
If you're aware of the audience here and you're not confident with yourself or your work, this really isn't the right place to post it. Try a more supportive environment. /cgl/ isn't the be-all, end-all of the community. I see too many people think that the negativity here = they're tough critics with high standards, so I need to impress them! Not really. This place is riddled with assholes who may or may not give you anything constructive in return.

>> No.7288372

>>7288319
You sound like you've got the beginnings of an eating disorder. Please talk to your doctor if you can.

>> No.7288376

>>7288370
It's a sitewide issue. Go to /co/, /a/, /v/ or /vg/ and regardless of the topic all you'll get is really angry people pretending to be sophisticated by nitpicking the shit out of everything without ever making a single thing themselves.

>> No.7288389

Came back from work to find my girlfriend crying in our bed. Turns out she finally got enough selfconfidence to post pictures of her showing the outfit we've been working on for a couple weeks now. All comments ranged from 'pretty good for crossplay' to 'lol tranny'.

She is inconsolable and I have no idea how to make her feel even slightly better.

>> No.7288390

>lost weight for cosplay
>thigh gap and everything
>started monitoring food less, exercising less
>still losing weight
>exercising again to try to build muscle
>still losing weight
>don't want to lose anymore

Dear god, help me, I don't want to be the skeleton I was in high school, I'm not short enough to look good at 100 lbs. What have I started?

>> No.7288395

>>7288389
Assuming you're a dude, you can probably fix all your problems by dating an actual woman instead of a mentally broken, confused man.

>> No.7288398

>>7288390
You'll have to consciously eat more, and if you're up for it, lift heavy weights. I've been struggling with the same thing, and eating at or over maintenance is the only way I'm making progress at all. If I'm not careful it's easy to slip back into eating 100-200kcal under maintenance, which is what I was doing for the past year.

>> No.7288399

>>7288389
Where'd she post it? Audience means everything. If you post on a site full of shits, you'll get shitty responses.

>> No.7288405

>>7288399
Oh come on, name one community that would be positive to a tranny.

>> No.7288407

>>7288405
Tumblr.

Boy, that was easy.

>> No.7288410

>>7288407
I said community, not loose collection of mental patients and fetishists.

>> No.7288422

I met a super cool, kind and awesome guy at a con. It was spontaneous and pretty much magical. Had my first time ever and it was absolutely amazing.

Never saw him again. Fake name. Phone number disconnected. Now 95% sure he gave me herpes.

>> No.7288437

>>7288422
>No rubber
You earned that herp, girl.

>> No.7288460

>>7288437
Actually, herpes is one of those you can get even if a condom is used. Condoms lower the transmission risk, but it can still occur because it's skin-to-skin contact that transmits it, not fluids.

>> No.7288464

I don't really think I'll be cute enough to do lolita, and even then I barely take care of myself as it is. I mean I'm presentable, but between whatever is ailing me and mental shit I sort of leave anything other than basic hygeine out the fucking window. I think lolita is super cute though and I feel like maybe it'd help boost my mood a little.

I'm starting with a casual (really more just inspired) coord that I'm sewing from a pattern, to just dip my feet in... I just really want something to help make me feel better I guess, and I've always felt great wearing a cute dress.

I just don't want to look like a short troll wearing one.

>> No.7288465

i have a shopping problem
i buy clothes whenever i get my paycheck
i also have an eating problem
especially with snacks
its like i get anxiety if i dont eat
this recently started and i went from 5'5'' 125lbs to like 185 in a few months
dr says my thyroid is fine, i know its my eating but i feel this overwhelming sense of anxiety if im not eating whatever i have
like its going to disappear
or go bad
idfk i do a lot of compulsive things like this and its making me severely depressed
i-i want my hot body back

>> No.7288470

Am I shallow for losing interest in a guy after finding out he's still a virgin? I just keep thinking "why, what's wrong with you"
How the hell I'm gonna tell him that we can't see each other anymore because of this?

>> No.7288473

>>7288465
snack on veggies/fruits all the time instead? that way you can basically eat however much you want and you won't feel guilty

>> No.7288474

>>7288465
>i-i want my hot body back

You can do it! Stop buying snacks (or if you live with your family, ask them to cut back or hide the snacks from you). Start tracking calories, and be more active (calories alone will do the trick, but it's better to work out too if you have the time/energy). 60lbs is a totally reasonable goal to lose, and can probably even be done fairly quickly.

>> No.7288472

>>7288460
This. Not the anon who posted about the herp, but I got it while using a condom and losing my virginity to a guy I was in a relationship with, who had only had two previous sex partners himself. It spreads really fucking easily. It's the common cold of STIs.

>> No.7288484

>>7288472
It's shit like this that makes me want to stay a virgin for the rest of my life.

>> No.7288489

I want to cosplay a few pretty obscure characters but so far I've gotten nothing but shit for wanting to but even when I have cosplayed well known characters I'm completely ignored and mistreated. After the con I went to last year in which an entire fandom treated me like crap I feel like I can never cosplay any characters I like again.

>> No.7288490

>>7288472
Luckily, it's also fairly treatable.

I mean, it sucks to get any kind of STI, but of all the ones to get, herpes is probably the most mild.

>> No.7288492

>>7288490
except you can't cure it.
at least with things like the clap you can just take some medicine and be done with it.
herpes is forever.

>> No.7288496

>>7288484
Don't sleep with strangers. Not that hard

>> No.7288500

>>7288470
Funny how at the same time you get women complaining about getting STDs and women complaining about how they don't wanna date virgin guys.

>> No.7288506

>>7288470
Well, what is wrong with him?

>> No.7288507

>>7288496
Men barely ever give head anyways, it's kind of a waste of time to get the guy, get ready for the business and he doesn't even fucking perform.

>> No.7288516

>>7288506
I don't know. I talked to my friends about it and they all thought it was weird.

>> No.7288522

>>7288422
most people on the planet have cold sores/herpes i dont know why it matters

>> No.7288525

>>7288500
>funny how women have differing opinions

>> No.7288526

>>7288522
I dunno about you. But I'd never date someone with a permanent STD.

>> No.7288532

>>7288526

>tfw I've dated two men
>got herpes from the first
>got HPV from the second
>tfw some people with no STIs still try to bang me after I tell them I'm not running clean

>> No.7288535

>>7288532
Great, maybe you can get AIDS next time.

>> No.7288536

>>7288516
If you can try to ask yourself why you find it an issue and answer honestly, I'll do this with things I find hard to articulate and it can help me figure out if what I'm thinking makes sense.
If you find him being a virgin would present an issue in a relationship with him it might be best not to proceed, however you can at least give words to why this bothers you.

>> No.7288538

>>7288535
I feel like I'd deserve an award if I got three permanent STIs from three men. That has to be some sort of record.

>> No.7288541

>>7288522
There's two different types of herpes virus. The one that causes cold sores is oral herpes and is ridiculously common, you easily get it just by a kiss from another person, and kids will often get it from their parents or relatives. The worse that usually happens with that one is you get cold sores, and finally have that one bad outbreak, then afterwards it only appears as one aggravated cold sore at a time.

The oral version is pretty much impossible to peg down who you got it from because it can stay dormant in your system for years.

>> No.7288543
File: 347 KB, 427x500, needy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw gotta pay the bills before frills
>tfw you habitually window shop when you don't have the money to freely spend

Man, I need to get my shit together.

>> No.7288546

>>7288536
I feel like there's something wrong about him that I don't see because nobody has been with him before. Does that even make sense? Kinda like a guy who has been unemployed all his life then tries to get a job with you.

>> No.7288548

>>7288287
Thanks Johnny!

>> No.7288555

>>7288546
I can understand that, but if that's the issue the only real way to see if he's dateable is to, well, date him.
Just as if I was hiring for a job with a no references for the one applying I'd have to test their knowledge first had if possible.
And, again, it up to you if you’re willing for that.

>> No.7288566

>>7288555
Well before learning about it I was all over this guy, but not anymore.

How can I tell him about it? That I feel more comfortable with someone experienced. I'm pretty sure he likes me a lot.

>> No.7288579

>>7288566
I can’t comment on that as it’s not a position I've been in before.
The most I can give you is to look over your relationship with him and if you feel you want to proceed then all you can do is talk honestly about it as soon as possible and in a place that would be conformable for you both.
Pushing things off would only complicate and worsen the situation in the long run.
If it’s not something you comfortable with you'll have to come to terms with that and make a choice to stop or continue seeing him.

>> No.7288586

>>7288579
I'm gonna finish it, but I dunno how to tell him.

>> No.7288591

Checking in...

29 Year OCD\PTSD\Depression\Anxiety dude offers advice.

>> No.7288595

>>7288586
>>7288579
>>7288566
I feel sorry for this guy, he found a girl who was "all over him" and suddenly he's getting dumped because his girlfriend doesn't like that he never had sex with other women.

I imagine how hurt and betrayed he's gonna feel. I just don't get women sometimes.

>> No.7288604

>>7288595
Its not something I understand either, but if boths her to the point that she's willing to break up with him then shit will be going south at some point.

>> No.7288606

Cosplay has actually really helped me. I used to always wear baggy jeans, even in 40'C weather, because I thought it would hide my enormous ass and fat legs. A boy once told me that I had FRONT leg jiggles, and my parents often say things like "If you don't do sports, your ass will be the size of a bus before long!" and that just cemented the idea that I was fat and had disgusting legs.
All my first cosplays were 100% covered males, but I made friends at cons who told me that I looked good and should try cosplaying girls. My last cosplay was an accurate skirt length sailor scout, and it felt amazing when people told me that I looked good. The thing is, is that I never actually lost any weight. I was never fat at all, I was just paranoid because of what other people had said to me.
I'm so glad I started cosplaying, it's honestly changed my life.

>> No.7288610

>>7288604
>boths
bothers*
Its getting too late here.

>> No.7288611

>>7288595
>I just don't get assholes sometimes
Fify

>> No.7288616

>>7288595
We just don't like virgins. Get over it and go back to /a/ and /r9k/

>> No.7288623

>>7288595
>>7288604
>>7288610
>>7288611
Women are fucking crazy. I learned this from my grandfather when I was 7 years old. How its taken the lot of you until you're 18+ is beyond me.

>I don't want a player, but I want someone experienced
>My friends all thought it was weird he was never with someone.

Gee, maybe he views the world differently from you. Maybe its because he wants his first time to be special and magical, you know, romantic. Not just getting drunk at a party when you were 14 like this girl probably did.

>> No.7288627

>>7288623
Anyone who actually thinks the first time having sex is going to be special or magical needs to lay off the teen movies. Sex is always messy and awkward until you meet the right person. It doesn't make it any less messy, but a whole lot less awkward and enjoyable.

>> No.7288630

>>7288623
Ah, the whole "all women are crazy " guy.
I love it. It's just so amusing.

>> No.7288632

>>7288627

Why does it matter though? If someone wants 1 partner their whole life, or only a few, or dozens, or even hundreds who fucking cares?

Liking someone, then immediately being turned off them completely by one aspect of them is strange. Maybe OP needs to take a look into the mirror.

>> No.7288633

>>7288627
God this. I lost mine to a fellow virgin, Disney birds didn't bust through our window in song.

>> No.7288637

>>7288632
I disagree, I couldn't be with a guy with the way he cut his meat and drank his soup. There's just some things people can't stand no matter what.

>> No.7288638

>>7288470
If it helps...

I've dated a lot of late-blooming virgins. There was nothing "wrong" with any of them. They were all legit amazing, top-tier guys. Smart, funny, successful, talented, sincere, hot, sane. And all of them were a LOT of fun in bed once we got there.

Most of them just didn't get around to it because they were too busy to date, and didn't like the idea of one-night stands. A couple were romantics stuck in unrequited loves as "shelf bfs/bffs." Some just never cared enough to bother, and found life fulfilling and less complicated without it. One was self-conscious about his ding dong size (which was irrelevant since the boy mixed batter and licked spoons like a master. sorry if that's gross.)

No regrets.

>> No.7288643

>>7288637
Thats fucking weird if thats literally the only thing you found wrong with him.

>> No.7288646
File: 47 KB, 680x684, its-an-abstract-kind-of-feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7287852
Male here ... recently I've been feeling that when I cosplay I do so to hide myself, to hide my personality, to hide my appearance, and to escape the reality of my current situation.

Also by hiding myself in cosplay in makes socializing at cons easier because I don't have to be myself which is something that less people will like.

At the same time I've recently started doing cosplays where I don't wear make up or wigs in a self attempt to reveal more of myself. I can't much act as the character I'm cosplaying when I look in the mirror and see myself.

>> No.7288647

>>7288638
>mixed batter and licked spoons like a master. sorry if that's gross
No that hilarious. You take on this is also pretty good to why people can be "late bloomers". Not every virgin is an awkward loser, you need to consider them as people not an pig in holed Arch type.

>> No.7288649

>>7288643
Welllllll that and he had a dick the length of his thumb. The eating thing bothered me more to be honest.

>> No.7288651

>>7288638
Cute.
People are morons who judge first timers. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I'm a patient woman.

>dat description
I love it

>> No.7288652

>>7288623
Pre-selection is a powerful thing to women. There are studies who prove it and that's why PUA works.

>> No.7288661

I just finished my first semester of college and I have nothing to show for it, besides a good GPA. I just wish I could have friends or someone I could bond with and talk to. I feel extremely lonely and I hate it. I just wish I could be normal like all the other students and have a best friend, or a few nice friends, or something. I like to sew and cosplay because it distracts me from thinking these thoughts, but tonight I feel so sad I can't even pick up the needle.

>> No.7288664

>>7288661
I know that very well. I got a few weeks off and when I thought I'd get a bunch of things done because of all the free time there goes depression and I don't do anything because I feel horrible all the time.

>> No.7288667

>>7288664
I'm sorry you feel that way anon, why are you so sad?

>> No.7288669

>>7288667
Loneliness, feeling unable to make connections with people.

>> No.7288671

>>7288667
>>7288664
>>7288661

If you're depressed you should just do something. Instead of doing nothing, do something, do -anything-.

Depressing is a negative feedback loop. If you don't do anything to break out of it it continues. Its like binge eating. You feel like shit so you eat food to feel good, and you feel like shit because you're a fatty.

>> No.7288673

>>7288616
But what about unexplored frontiers? THEY MUST BE CONQUERED! Who knows you might have the best sex of your life. He may have read up on the manual...

>> No.7288679

>>7288671
I know I need to do something, but without work and college it's just hard. I actually got more things done when I had almost no free time than now that I have plenty.

>> No.7288684

>>7288661
I know that feel. I've finished two years at uni and I still have no friends. I can manage one conversation, but nothing more ever comes of it. I have no idea how I made friends in high school. The holidays sure are lonely.

>> No.7288687

>>7288679
>>7288671
Yeah, I feel the same way, it's difficult to find things to do when I have so much free time. All I want to do is lie in bed and cry during break. Tonight I did some cleaning and that kind of helped but I just feel so hopeless.

>> No.7288690

>>7288687
One thing I loved doing was studying Japanese. Hell I'd wake up, go to work then go to college and then straight to bed and I'd still find time during my day to do it.
Now I haven't studied for almost a week now.

I've been thinking about taking my laptop to the library and study there so I don't stay inside my room feeling bad about myself, but easier said than done.

>> No.7288692

>>7288690
That sounds like it'd be a really good idea. It's always nice to have people around, even if they're strangers I think. I'd love to get out of my house, but I've been snowed in for almost a week now. I'm hoping to go back to campus on Friday.

>> No.7288706

>>7288516
How old are you and him?

>> No.7288713

>>7288638
My current boyfriend was a virgin when I got with him, which I thought was strange (because he's a handsome guy and had a few girls on his tail) but for whatever reason he wasn't interested. We've been going strong for 4 years now, and I couldn't ask for a better lover and friend.

It's not like it takes long for a virgin to figure out how to have sex anyway...I honestly don't understand the stigma.

>> No.7288716

Don't even know where to begin;
Suffered with extreme Generalized Anxiety a disorder and Panic Attacks for years. Didn't receive any proper medical attention for it as a child due to my Mum thinking I was doing it for attention and doctors just not understanding or grasping the concept.
Takes a suicidal threat and 4 trips to the hospital before something is done. At the same time I have a bad case of Emetphobia which really doesn't pair well with Anxiety. Started on a downward spiral in regards to eating. I would believe or tell myself that if I didn't have any food in my stomach, I couldn't be sick. Yeah shit got real at 98lbs of nothing and being unable to get out of bed for the toilet without breaking down and having an attack.
Got help, both psychological and medically and it's helped immensely. 3 or so years go by and now I believe I might be having some sort of relapse. Have an appointment with my Psych tomorrow in fact because everything is starting to get real scary again.
I wish I could know why I have them apart from it being genetic on my Dads side and an apparent chemical imbalance. I wish I had enough money to just go to a hospital or specialist and have them just test everything, scans, blood, cognitive testing, the works. I just want it to stop

>> No.7288722

I had a pretty rough last year. I lost my job back at the end of May after having a depressive breakdown. I was stuck in a depressive slump for months and can still be fairly sensitive to the point that I almost break down if I feel like I did something to upset someone. I ended up going to the hospital and talking with a psychiatrist for a little bit who thought that I've probably been suffering from chronic depression and that I should seek some help for it. It's most likely something I've been dealing with for about 20 years from a lot of really negative things in my life like being abused and abandoned by multiple family members.

I was finally able to bring up the courage to confront my father on his abusive behavior to me and my brothers(I got the worse of it since I was the only girl and the youngest) and it kind of left me empty and angry when he told me he couldn't even remember some of the things he did because he was on hard drugs. Now he gets to retire living by his grandkids being Mr. good grandpa after hurting so many people in his life.

It feels even worse when I realize I've turned into a black sheep in my family when I haven't actually done anything wrong. I never been on drugs, never self harmed, never committed any crimes.

Now Christmas came and not a single member of my family even acknowledged my existence. They know I've been going through a hellish roller coaster and not a single one of them even bothered to reach out to me. Not even so much as a call or text message.

I tried to hang onto what little bit of family I had and I got thrown under a bus.

>> No.7288728

>>7288722
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You deserve better than that, they sound really cruel. I really hope things get better for you.

>> No.7288730

>>7288722
My only consolation is that I'm married to a husband that's trying his best, even if he doesn't always understand, to try to help me through everything. His family is very kind, and welcomes me into the family. I think they may have been a little offput to my reluctance to party with them. but I think they've come to understand me a bit better over time.

The whole situation with my husband's family and my own family is night and day. I can feel the warmth and kindness from his family. The feeling of family I've desperately been craving since my grandmother passed away six years ago(she was the one person in my family who actually gave a damn about me)

It still hurts like a bitch but I have to keep reminding myself that there are people who actually care about me, even if the family I was born into doesn't.

>> No.7288740

>>7288728
My whole family life has been pretty hellish. My dad has been an abusive prick for years. I was sexually abused by both him and one of my brother's(One when I was a child and another as a teen.) He basically drove away any of his family members, including an aunt I adored who suddenly stopped visiting and calling(I later found out when I was sending out my graduation annoucements that she lived in the same city as us) Even when I sent her the announcement, all she did was send some cash in a card. When I was 16 I found out the lady I called my mom wasn't even my biological mother and that she had actually abandoned me with my mom when I was two and took off so it's kind of killed me even more to find out my own mother didn't even want me. My dad told me that she was psychotic and violent. Apparently this was his cue to be abusive and controlling to me because he didn't want me to turn into a psycho like my mother.

Even when I had breakdowns, even to the point that I was being bullied in school(because I wasn't taught how to properly react to it) all my parents did was brush it off, even when I had breakdowns to the point I would hyperventilate. Any signs of anger or standing up for myself were shot down or threatened.

For years I wish I could have finally just broke and got angry, threw things, broke chairs, something. But all I could do was just break down and admit defeat. My family just turned me into a depress mess.

>> No.7288745

>>7288740
I can't imagine what it's like go through all of that :/ I'm glad you have your husband and his family to help you, though. You just got dealt a really shitty card with your family, it's not your fault at all. I think maybe it's best that you're cut off from them because they don't sound like good people at all.

>> No.7288747

>>7288627
My first time wasn't messy or too awkward (it was a little awkward at first) but it really was magical, it was both out first time and it was very romantic and lovely. I'm still with that same partner (we've been together for more than two years) so maybe we did find true love. I only rarely feel as special as I did that night.

>> No.7288776
File: 22 KB, 462x327, 1386274887472.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288211
>mental illness
just because you're fat (in your opinion) and can't deal with it doesn't mean that you are mentally ill
>>7288278
i don't understand, words cannot get in my head, how do you guys become depressed because of body image? how is that even remotely possible?

>> No.7288808
File: 25 KB, 500x375, fatpeople.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ITT: Fat Tumblrfags find every excuse under the sun to justify their inability to eata diet that suits their metabolism and exercise properly.
>how about you fat shits do just that or kill yourself.
>If you eat properly and exercise, you'll stop being fat and may actually feel better about yourself. lurk on /fit/ or sumshit idk
>If you kill yourself, you'll still be fat, but you won't have to worry because you won't feel anything. win win.
>pic related. you people should stop browsing those "you're beautiful" white knight tumblrs and face reality. Pretending you're pretty only makes you into one of those weebs at cons that everyone loves to hate.

>> No.7288813

>>7288776
Some people hate their bodies and their appearance so much that they want to die. They feel like they look so disgusting it makes them worth less than others. Not saying that's how I feel, but I had a friend who struggled with his body image and was depressed over it.

>> No.7288817

>>7288661

I feel you. This was my second semester after I had a run-in with some of the bitchiest people in my class and they decided to oust me out of their group for reasons I still don't know 4 years later. Stay strong - it'll get better and you'll find some good friends in the long run. Go to clubs and sports - even if they're very shallow, at the very least if you join a club with an interest you enjoy you can find some solace in it. And in the long run the sports will at least help you, and clubs can help you find new hobbies.

>> No.7288818

>>7288211
oh, i beg of you to please please stop coming this horrible place! go surround yourself with more surporting less hateful people and browse less disgusting sites. It's def not worth it

Don't base your self esteem based on what a bunch of anonymous assholes say on here

>> No.7288821

>>7288818
shit, usually if i make a typo on here i just let people figure it out for themselves but how did i spell supporting wrong

>> No.7288823

>>7288643
nah not really? She probably didn't like him too much to begin with then. Some people just don't put so much importance on romance as you do, who cares

>> No.7288826

How do you guys move on from a previous relationship? I had to break up with a guy I really liked because my parents hated him to the point they threatened to disown me (I guess I didn't have to but it ended up being mutual agreement). And six months later I still really like him. There's another dude who asked for my number and who's talking to me a lot right now, but rather than making me feel better I feel weirdly depressed.

Talking about it now I'm starting to realise how pathetic this really is. I've got a great career ahead of me and so many things to look forward to but all I can think about at points is that I don't have my ~boyfurando~ anymore.

I really need to move on. There's nothing in this anymore and it's starting to seriously affect my life.

>> No.7288900

>>7288595

To be fair, he probably would be better off without her. It doesn't sound like there's much love from her to begin with, so it'd be better for both of them in the long run.

Life sucks like that. I guess she didn't find much attraction, and he doesn't realise yet that she can be pretty shallow.

>> No.7288903

>>7288165
Same boat anon.

I feel great a lot of times because I worked hard to get to the point where I am now. I used to be about 70lbs overweight and I'm only about 5 at the moment. But it's sort of stalling because I was switched to some different medication and it's making it very difficult to lose and the slightest amount of overeating in the week makes me gain quickly. But overall, I've been okay at maintaining.

Then I come on here and just feel like shit. Especially if a person posts me in a thread. I've only been posted positively, but comments get very negative because I'm not tiny and petite, but I'm definitely not what I used to be.

>> No.7288908

>>7288826
I usually focus our bad moments when I can't but think about my former boyfriend. It really work for me.

Tought since I've talked here about me former boyfriend the other day I regret him so much, plus I feel bad because the guy with who I am right now is really great, but I feel it's just different, and the former the better. I'm so guilty feeling that about my SO, but in another way...we are not together since long and we live far apart, but if I don't message him I'll not hear about him for days, I feel like he don't care that much, and it's wrecking me.

>> No.7288910

>>7288532
If you're young, it's likely that you'll clear your HPV infection over time, if it's any consolation. Most young people clear it after a couple years.

>> No.7288912
File: 36 KB, 369x600, 1331020629028.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP I don't even know what I have anymore.

I've been on like every anti-depressant ever and now I'm finally on a moderately successful medication situation with xanax that usually gets me through the day.

What always motivates me when I'm particularly low is saving up for a couple weeks and then going to a really high-end make up store and just dropping like $500 on new make up for my artillery. I feel like I can have horse-face at times if I don't wear make up and it's gotten worse with the more weight I lose. Like my face is really long looking now that I'm thinner because it lost a lot of round youthfulness that I had when I was a little chubbier. Maybe it's time to update your look? Get some new make up or make up tips, order some circle lenses, dye your hair, get your nails done all fancy, whatever makes you feel really good. I always feel better about my day when I go out in matching underwear sets and have my hair done up and some bad ass make up on and cute clothes. Not a whole lot can get you down when you're feeling fierce as fuck.

Try pic related. Enjoy you for yourself!

>> No.7288917
File: 17 KB, 461x509, 1389170528761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I date one of you?

>> No.7288919

>>7288917
The same goes for nealry every girl

>Be cute or fit
>Be knowlegeable about fashion
>Be smart

>> No.7288925
File: 9 KB, 251x249, 1364122643669.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288919
>knowledgeable about fashion

You put clothes on your body and hope everyone likes it, fashion is not very deep

>> No.7288930

>>7288925
It's strangely super difficult for mens.

>> No.7288937

>>7288919
I find it peculiar when people list what I should expect in a person to date

I only agree with the last point. Not that the first two don't matter, to me they'd be bonuses but not important in order to seriously date.

>> No.7288938

>>7288917
Be a cocky alpha male.

>> No.7288939

>>7288917
Wow, this is such a coincidence I just watched this movie for the first time.

>> No.7288943
File: 42 KB, 369x468, 1384793071591.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288939
pics of this movie are pretty common around this website though, not too big of a coinkydink

>> No.7288946

>>7288943
But anon... I had just closed out of the netflix window.

>> No.7288956
File: 2.93 MB, 300x200, 1379299019010.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288938

I'm not cocky but I'm confident in my own worth.

>>7288946

I watch it very often, its one of my favorites.

>> No.7288970
File: 64 KB, 160x120, zubdJzN.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just moved to a new country and everything is so fucking frustrating
No one wants to tell me where shit is, I have to learn a new language while everyone expects me to already speak it fluently and then gets mad when I ask them to say it in English, saying "BUT THIS IS MY COUNTRY, I DON'T HAVE TO, YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO SPEAK MY LANGUAGE IF YOU WANT TO STAY" I've been here for two months, you pretentious asshole. English isn't my mother tongue either, jesus.
Not to mention that back home I had a lot of opportunities to study and here my caretaker says I need to pick a school RIGHT NOW, and study whatever just so that I can say that "I'm not here to mooch off the country". Meanwhile I want to study something that I need a language certificate for, but I only started learning the language.
Meanwhile everyone gets on my ass for "having them do shit for me, like gosh go do it yourself you're not a baby" when I can't even go to the doctor by myself since I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHAT'S WRONG or do any official work. Because people here suck at English and always cry that "oh yeah? Well I don't have to speak English, I'm in my own country!" and when I say that to my host family they tell me I'm a liar because "of course they can speak English, don't be silly!"
Now I have to study either shitty "business" or be a nurse because those are the only fucking things offered for foreigners. And I can only work a McJob or be a hotel maid or some other shit they let immigrants do while complaining that "we're stealing their tax money". Meanwhile they go to the fucking doctor for free and I pay everything out of my own pocket and don't get ANY benefits, and they still whine how I just "came to mooch off of them" because I came from a typical Eastern European country and people already have a shitty opinion of me before they even see me.
And when their child came to my country last year she cried because her mummy wasn't there to kiss her goodnight, but I need to grow up. Ugh.

>> No.7288982

>>7288970
Were are you, I'm being curious ? I've never heard of such a unwelcoming country

>> No.7288989

>>7288982

Probably France, French people are dicks.

>> No.7288991
File: 55 KB, 540x726, 23465798053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>into Lolita
>too fat for most things
>bust too big for most things
>dream items will never fit me
>no Lolita friends to talk to
>too much work for Uni
>procastinate until I feel bad, so I procastinate more
>no friends at Uni to learn/work with
>Scared to wear strange clothes or Lolita because friends/family told me this was the reason why I do not have friends there
>At the same time feel incredibly sad for not having the courage to wear my pretty clothes out
>cycle of guilt, anger, sadness and feeling lonly

I hate life right now. Or rather, I hate myself more than ever.
Our family has a history of severe depression & anxiety, I am afraid I might have depressions/anxiety too, but I do not dare to talk to my family about it because I don't want to cause problems, or worse, be considered as a whiny special snowflake who just "Has to work a little harder!" and "should just stop pitying myself". But I know myself, and right now am at my lowest point of my life.
I cannot get myself up to do the work I need to do for Uni. And the thought of going to work tomorrow almost gives me a panic attack.
I can barely focus my mind on anything. I rarely read books anymore. I cannot hold a proper conversation with new people, I cannot make friends, I cannot stand people around me but feel alone at the same time. I sleep whenever it's possible to escape my problems but I am always tired.
I buy clothes to fill a void but I never feel pretty in them - I just feel ugly, but at least I am wearing pretty clothes. I gained a ton of weight, and I have acne all over my body. I avoid looking into the mirror.
I always feel sad for no reason and sometimes I have to hold back tears that just come up even when I am in public.

I just don't know what is wrong with me. If it is serious or if I am just pathetic. All I know is that I am constantly sad, and afraid of the future, may it be the thought of tomorrorw or two years. And I'm tired, always.
Opinions?

>> No.7288995

>>7288989
I'm french and actually most people I know aren't like that. Lower middle class yes, but not "educated" people who send their children in other countries for them to learn

>> No.7288996

>>7288991
Go see your uni counselor/psychologist/therapist. Sounds like you're having trouble coping with uni life and social anxiety. Don't use Lolita as an excuse/escape. Talk to a professional about your problems.

>> No.7288999
File: 102 KB, 500x500, 1370397146940.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been diagnosed with depression a few months ago. I knew I was depressed for a few years but my parents wouldn't believe me at first, my father thought I was just being a weak little shit. Luckily, that changed not so long ago and I'm finally getting therapy, but I'm pretty scared they can't do anything for me. I'm so messed up.

I have some really disturbing thoughts and worries going through my head and it's driving me crazy. I feel incredibly down all the time. It takes all my energy away from me, now that I finally managed to go to the Art University I've always wanted to go I can't even do my schoolwork properly. I can't even enjoy my relationship with my boyfriend because I'm not even sure if someone like me should be in a relationship, and I'm scared of being close with someone. I'm also pretty tired of people shaming me for not having sex with him yet. I'm just not ready for anything yet, even though I'm 22. The thought of having sex scares me a lot. I'm trying really hard to change that, but it's just basically me forcing myself to change for others. I don't even live for myself.

I decided to try and change that a little and now I'm currently working hard to make myself happy as well, I just have to somehow convince myself I deserve nice things too. I'd love to start Cosplaying again as well, it's just my shitty body image and sewing skills that hold me back.

>> No.7289000

>>7288996
>uni counselor/psychologist/therapist

Checking it right now, but I do not find anything like that on my campus. Pretty sure we do not have this here (german girl here).

Is this like, standard for american colleges?

>> No.7289003

>>7289000

Whoops, found it, now I just need the courage to go...

>> No.7289004

>>7288989
Finland.
Oh and I almost forgot:
"Oh you're not from here? Where are you from?"
>Mention country
"Where is that?"
-"Eastern Europe. I came here to study."
"Riiiiiight.... 'STUDY'".

I got that four times now! I look like a pre-pubescent boy, no tits, not dressing provocatively, literally not one reason for anyone to even assume anything bad.

Even if they tried to lump me in with Romanian gypsies they couldn't because I'm paler than they are, just with dark hair and eyes.
Say what you want, but at least in my country we don't act like closed-minded shits and make fun of someone because they're from somewhere we don't like. When the girl of the family was doing homestay in my country, everyone was trying to be as hospitable as possible and treated her as a guest through and through.
And when I tell them I don't want something, they get offended and go "AFTER ALL WE'VE DONE FOR YOU?!"
I don't even know man

>> No.7289008

>>7289004
Wow, I didn't even know Finland was like that. I had a student exchange with a swedish girl once (yes, not the same country but Nordic people/culture) and everyone was absolutly lovely !

>> No.7289010

>>7288999
Yes you should be in a relationship. I went through depression and my boyfriend (now husband) got me out of it and only him and no one else.
Seriously FUCK those people who say that "you need to love yourself for anyone to love you", if you've been through at least some trouble in your life you'd fucking know that you literally can't unless someone loves you and makes you feel worth something.

And all those people telling you that stuff can go suck the biggest, blackest dick they can find.

Sorry, I'm just pissed because I got that exact same shit. I was told that he 'doesn't have to love you because it's your own problem, he doesn't have to deal with your shit'. No, he does not. But he chose to, and I'd do it for him too.

>> No.7289011

>>7289004

Haha, and to us in Europe Finland is always presented as one of the most awesome and perfect country ever, especially their ecudcation system!

But I am curious: Why did you end up going there? I feel sorry that it ended up being fillled with shitty people, you could not have known of that, but some of the things (like that you cannot study what you want) would have been a red flag for me - did you not to any researches for your opportunities?

>> No.7289012

>>7289008
For the most part people are really nice, it's just some that are particular assholes. If everyone was like this, I'd have gone home a long time ago.
My Finnish lessons are absolutely wonderful and I love the school system here, my host family not so much.

>> No.7289015

>>7289008
Not that Anon, but the cultural differences between Sweden and Finland are pretty vast, especially with Sweden becoming SJW the country.

>> No.7289017

>>7289011
It was a student exchange thing, the reason why I'm applying for other stuff is so that I can study here and get a job here too later on. My country has enormous university fees and my mum works as a nanny for ~100eur a month, so I wouldn't be able to afford it.

>> No.7289023

>>7289017

This seems reasonable, but why did you choose a country that has such bad conditions for you (language certificate, you are not allwoed to work / study what you want, they do not seem to be open to foreigners)?

>people here suck at English

I lol'd, as I said above Finland is always presented as the magical mastercountry that always does everything right, so I feel a huge amound of Schadenfreude when I read your posts. (Still feel sorry that the people are so rude, I hope not everyone is like that!)

>> No.7289080
File: 3 KB, 125x85, bait2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288101

>> No.7289083

Please stop telling everyone about your rape stories, it makes people uncomfortable.

>> No.7289098

>>7289080
>picture for ants

>> No.7289121

>>7289083
I knew a girl who told a very detailed rape story to a number of people who we'd just met in a pub. I talk to her later alone and say "I never knew you got raped, that's awful." and the platitudes one is supposed to give. She told me she lied and then laughed. Now, that makes people uncomfortable.

IN CONCLUSION don't talk about your rape stories to anyone but your closer friends. It's uncomfortable and also is not that logical for you.

Write them up on erotica sites instead if you want to give them to strangers and title it as a rape survivor story that's true. It will give it more grit.

>> No.7289128

>>7289083
This is the exact thread for that numb-nuts. If you feel the need to shame people for sharing take it anywhere else but here.

>> No.7289141

>>7289128
Maybe that was their confession?

>> No.7289146

>>7287852
yes sister, dont listen to stereotypes every body is beautiful regardles of other's opinions. Good you decided to come here to tell us your vagina diaries, we must stand united.

>> No.7289168

>Anxiety
>Insomnia
>ADD
>Trichotillomania

My parents finally (after 4 years) told me I can go to a doctor now, but my anxiety stretches out a bit into social anxiety, and I hate talking on the phone so much that I can't make myself call to make an appointment. And they won't make it for me. So I don't really know what to do. I was going to ask my boyfriend to do it, but he'd probably just try to talk me into doing it. He's supportive of me, but he doesn't understand how bad it can be.

Aside from that I also have debilitating shoulder problems (in both arms, lucky me) that on some days make me unable to move my arm at all, which is great because I have to... you know, work.

I'll probably need surgery on both, which terrifies me, and then I'll be out of commission for work for upwards of 6 months, which also terrifies me, and I also still haven't seen a doctor about that. Right now the right side of my collarbone is sticking out ~2 cm farther than the left.

My migraines have also been exceptionally bad lately, which leaves me to choose between taking painkillers for that, or painkillers for my shoulder, because there's no medication that will take care of both. I usually end up taking 2-4 pills every day because I'm in some kind of pain, and that can't be good for my stomach / liver.

>>7288184
AH. AHAH.

Yeah, I'm skinny as fuck and it took me 18 years to get any guy to even be INTERESTED in me. Fuck off.

>> No.7289174

>>7289168
Can't you email to make an appointment?

>> No.7289180

>>7289121
What a piece of shit. Wtf

>> No.7289188
File: 116 KB, 470x705, 1386555223250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Girls and mental disorders, you really do go hand in hand don't you? Not like it's news to anyone, but funny to confirm.

>> No.7289195

>>7289188
it's not just girls, go check out r9k

>> No.7289198

>>7288180
I was worried about schizophrenia too, because it runs in my family, and I seem to have a lot of the early symptoms, but it's likely not that.

People with schizophrenia don't realize that they're sick. Even if you outright tell them, they don't understand. Just the fact that you're worried about it is a good indicator that you don't have it.

>>7288532
Ouch. This is why you get tested.

Though, I think HPV can clear itself up over time if you take care of yourself. I would probably keep a close eye on it though, since it can cause cancer.

>>7288747
You got lucky, I think.

I lost mine to another virgin, and while it wasn't messy, it was awkward and painful. We hardly got anywhere before we had to stop because it just hurt. The second and third attempts ended similarly. We eventually got it on the fourth or fifth try. But, I am still with him two years later. I think, I got that magic feeling after I got on BC, the first time we had sex without protection.

>>7289188
Statistically, yes, women are more likely to get mental illnesses. Probably because of the differences in the way mens' and womens' brains work.

>>7289174
Not that I know of. I have to call the insurance company, and then they set up an appointment for me with a doctor that they cover. I wish I could just email them, it would make thins so much easier.

I'm even okay going in person to make appointments (in fact, I prefer to do so) it's just the phone that geeks me out.

>> No.7289203

>>7289180
I think she's a very damaged girl, but yes. It wasn't the best thing to do. I'm assuming you're not talking about me.

>>7289195
No need to insult us robots.

>> No.7289208

>>7288492
Actually, new strains of gonorrhea and chlamydia have emerged within the past ten years which are resistant to all known antibiotics.
Look it up if you don't believe me, just google "super gonorrhea".

Posting this in this thread as a PSA

>> No.7289213

>>7289023
School is free here. I only have to pay 100eur a year tops, which for me sounds bretty good. The language isn't hard for me at all and I can get a job easy because I am fluent in Russian (and Russians flock here like moths to a candle so it's good for the business when your employees speak it).
As for English, young people are great at it of course, but everyone else has a REALLY thick accent and butchered grammar if they can actually speak it at all.

But in my class I have people who complain about the same things and apparently it happens to them quite often, and some have been here for around 8 years without managing to learn the language because no one wanted to speak to them. Oh and neo-nazis are a thing here.

>> No.7289228

>>7288776
I'm not depressed just because of my body image it's a number of things. I think one of the main issues is the year and a half that I lived as a shut in. Then trying to go back into normal society, find a job, go to school etc.

Already having a hard time adjusting, getting choked by a guy I hardly knew didn't help.

>> No.7289229

>>7289121
>>7289203
What on earth are you doing here?

>> No.7289231

I have ADHD and am starting medication for the first time this week. I feel the best I've felt in years- my brain has finally slowed down to the rest of the world.

I have always tested very high in class and have pretty good grades, but I literally cannot make the "right" connection with people who are less competent than me. I do not tolerate stupidity well. I can't grasp how some people manage to survive day to day when some of them just do not have their shit together. I'd be such a mess if I was as unprepared as some people I encounter day to day.

>> No.7289232

>>7288313

I've got two inches on you at 4'11" but I'm the exact same way. The number of times people have called me a 'loli' irl is disgusting. I'm sorry. It's rough.

>> No.7289234

>I'm a loli and I try as hard as I can with my coords, diet and keep my weight down, do my best with my makeup, etc
>people say I'm cute and some people compliment me and say they're jealous of my looks and people legitimately like me too and say I'm sweet
>I actually have really bad self esteem though and it's all because of my labia. It's really long and it kills me inside. No matter how good I keep my figure, no matter how good my coords are, and no matter how friendly people think I am, I will always have hangy labia which is apparently really undesirable but there's nothing I can do about it and I hear people on 4chan say it's bad or only slutty girls have it and it hurts to hear that no matter what I do, I ill always have one thing I can't do anything about and one thing that's constantly made fun of by a lot of people.

>> No.7289235

I have disordered eating, really poor body image and body dysmorphia. My psychologist also believes I would do well on anti-depressants but I don't want to cross that bridge asnd I'm fairly happy (outside of my issues). I feel very bad about myself quite often but I am getting better and seeing a psychologist has actually helped a lot. I did start the year pretty badly though I purged on the 1st and feel quite guilty about that due to loss of progress. I feel so horrible and fat and I hate the way I look unclothed. I'm fairly tall, hourglass, and round faced but I despise my body and wish I was short, skinny and angular faced. I feel and think I am bigger than most other people, people who weigh a lot more than me and it makes me feel extremely bad. Half of me wants to seriously get back into losing weight, to starving and restricting to not being so damn fat and ugly but the other half wants me to get better, to live a normal life and to be happy for myself, my partner, my family. I'm moving away alone soon and I'm contemplating over exercising, under eating as there will be no one to stop me but I also feel really guilty. When I'm distracted or busy I eat normally and don't feel so terrible about my body, it's when I'm alone or triggered that I feel so terrible. Mainly when I look in the mirror, is when the voice in my head (not sure if it is my own or not) says all of the horrible to things to me. It happens when I eat too sometimes or even at work. I also never know whether I'm gaining or losing weight and it stresses me out a lot. Lolita is a nice distraction though it actually makes me feel beautiful and sometimes thoughts like "I can fit into unshirred Japanese clothes made for women 25cm shorter than me, maybe I'm not that fat" and the average measurements on cgl are around mine or bigger than mine it makes me feel less huge. It also is counter productavie as part of the reason (or so I convince myself) is so I'll fit VM and MM.

>> No.7289237

>>7289229
I agree, it's really weird. Does King Harold even do anything /cgl/ related?

>> No.7289240

>>7289121
Fuck that shit. I know someone who recently said "well, I used to go off and sleep with all these guys, and I *think* I was raped." We know that she used to go sleep with lots of guys - she's boasted in the past about how every time she used to go to town, guys would say "would you like to go back to a hotel room and have sex?" and she would say "yes". She's only decided to call it "rape" since spending too much time on tumblr (and in the worst sjw way) ....4 years after the fact. For some reason, she thinks rape=experiencing regret about previous hookups. And she was saying this to one of my friends who *was* abused and raped by her cousin, and then had none of the family believe her when she told them. allmyrage.

>>7289208
And this is why I refuse to sleep with people unless they have a current full screening panel for STIs.

>>7289198
Damn, yeah I hate phones too. What is up with your insurance company that they can't do this by email?

Also, regarding schizophrenia - those who suffer from it usually accept their reality. So people will hear voices or believe that someone is up to something, but they're absolutely convinced - they KNOW - that there's someone there, talking about them, stalking them, or plotting against them, rather than thinking "oh fuck I'm hearing voices/getting paranoid, I have schizophrenia".

>> No.7289242

>>7289234
Anon I can completly relate I have one labia that is much longer than the other and they are both quite hangy. If it's any constellation my partner has never mentioned and when I mentioned it to him he said that it didn't matter and he didn't even think about it. I know it's hard but if anyone is lucky enough to have a sequel relationship with you they probably are sure as hell not going to call you ugly or not want to be with you because of it. It's also a lot more common than we realise.

>> No.7289245

I just feel like a complete failure.

I had been attending classes at a community college while working a couple jobs but after my grades started slipping hard I withdrew and took a year off. My parents were livid but I felt like they were wasting their money on me, especially because they didn't save anything for a college fund and I know they didn't like that I wanted to transfer to a university after finishing. But now I can barely motivate myself to do anything besides work. I also feel out of place in general because I'm not familiar with anything people my age that I'd want to be around like. I have a phone to function as my computer right now, I don't watch television, I don't use anything like skype and I haven't spoken to almost any of my friends in over two years. My parents give me no support and I've had to deal with their indifference and verbal abuse for years. I've been saving my money for school and a laptop but I'm scared of wasting it because I only have 5k and I don't know if I could handle student loans. I wanted to go to school for music or art originally but saying something like that now would seem like a joke because I'm in my early twenties and not some bright-eyed teenager out of high school.

I wish I could just sell everything I own and leave because it feels like there is nothing here for me. I have been thinking about seeing a counselor of some sort because I know I'm depressed but I don't know where to start and my family is so old-fashioned they would harass me for it if they were to find out. They're the kind that think mental illnesses are the sort of thing you just tough out.

>> No.7289246

>>7289231
Don't worry, I encounter stupid people all the time and experience rage due to that. I have started to interact with them more successfully by not expecting anything of them, then it's refreshing when they do show some signs of competence. Also, a lot of them are messes, so they can make you feel smugly superior inside.

>>7289235
Anti-depressants are useful for balancing your brain chemistry out, which can help alleviate the extremes of some of the issues you describe, even if you are fairly happy. It's not a one-way bridge either, you can always start on a low dose and then taper/stop if you don't think they're helping. I always think of them like crutches/plaster if you have a broken bone, they help stop things hurting so much and support you to be in a more normal place while you actually do the healing, the flip side they can be cumbersome, annoying and get in the way and sometimes you prefer to manage without them.

>> No.7289248

>>7289242
>if it's any constellation
>a sequel relationship with you
these are some beautiful errors

>> No.7289251

>>7289083
Oh my god this. One time I was at a BJD meetup and we're all eating lunch- oh the weather is lovely, oh, what nice flowers over there-- i like your doll it's pretty-- one of the older women says "My ex-husband used to rape molest my 13-year-old daughter because she had such large tits. Oh? Yeah really-- let me tell you the story!" And launches into story, and I'm sitting here like holy fuck.

>> No.7289253

>>7289251
Oh my god doll ladies are crazy!

>> No.7289252

>>7289248
Goddamit auto correct. I'm so sorry I am on my phone with predictive text and it is very early in the morning.

>> No.7289254

>>7289240
I have no idea. I just want to get help without being put under pressure to get it.

But, yeah, that's what I meant when I said they don't realize they're sick.

Even if you tell a schizophrenic, "There's nothing there, those voices, you're the only one who can hear them," They won't believe you. They'll just think you're lying, because those voices, or visions, they're real to a schizophrenic. Even if they know what the disease is, and know what it does, they won't make the connection that they have it, no matter what.

>> No.7289262

>>7289213
so did your partner cheat on you with a Finnish girl or something? Jeez, I've been to Finland several times because my boyfriend's family lives there, and it is far from what you're describing. Idk what it's like on the countryside, but the people in Helsinki speak really good english.

>> No.7289266

>>7289246
My immediate family and most of the people I know have had extremely bad responses to anti-depressants. My father and partner were suicidal when they were on anti-depressants but have never considered it before or after. My mood is actually improving and I had been through a very stressful hard time (having to move back home due to illness not being able to work, finding what was going on, dealing with the fact that I am diagnosed with another chronic disease but hey it was still a pretty good year.) Many people comment that I have my spark back,look happier how I did before I got ill and I'm working again and feel a lot less sick/incapable. Thank you for explaining it though anon I know they can be really beneficial for some people. My brother is currently on them for depression and anxiety he has some improvement some days but also feels a worse others. I've been on StJohn's wart before for a short time and may go back on that.

>> No.7289269

>>7289266
That's fair enough, and also your expectations of them being negative will probably influence your experience of them as well. St John's Wort helps level people out as well - that sounds like a good alternative option for you.

>> No.7289295

>>7289229
>>7289237

polite sage due to off topic

I come here for the greentext and dramu. I mostly just lurk.

>> No.7289305

>>7289213
Former airport worker here. Finns have no sense of humour. Their new passports are an animated flipbook with a walking moose when you flip through the pages, and NONE of them think it's cool. Fuck you Finns, I want a passport like that.

>> No.7289317

>>7289269
ECH uh just fyi uhm St. John's Wort is extremely dangerous for a lot of people, especially anyone taking any sort of other medication at all.
They're a kind of drug called a MAOI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_inhibitor

>> No.7289342

>>7289245
I was in nearly the exact same position as you.

Pro-tip: Make a list of schools with music/art programs you like and contact the enrollment advisors at those schools. Tell them your concerns honestly. It'll be super helpful in figuring out what to do next, and feel like a huge relief to not feel so lost and alone.

There are schools that offer scholarships, just don't be afraid to look for them and apply. The financial aid offices at your prospective schools will help. Also consider state colleges that offer part-time degrees or night/weekend programs that make it easier to work while a student.

Honestly, it'll be near impossible to move on without a clear idea of what you want to move towards. Wanting to go to school for music or art is really broad and vague. Figure out specifically what is interesting to you. The more clear and narrow your goal, the easier it is to strategize an approach.

Go to a music/arts meetup or workshop where you can actually learn something. Like a creative programming study group meetup, or a 1-day printmaking class. Look up free public lectures hosted by schools in your area. Go to galleries.

Get a laptop. It doesn't have to be an expensive one. The easier it is to research, write applications, experiment with software (there's tons of great cheap/free graphics and audio design stuff out there)- the more you'll get done. A laptop will also give you the mobility to do all this shit away from the negative headspace created by your parents, like at a cafe.

And don't be afraid to extricate yourself, or take a leap. You are still really young, and you should take advantage of that as much as possible.

>> No.7289407

>>7289232
Thank fucking god I'm not alone. How do you deal with it? Do you comfront people about it?

My partner has been 'joking' a lot about buying me little girl underwear and clothes since I can fit in them.

Also how do you even ask someone if they're a pedophile without ruining everything if they're not? I spent most of the morning today looking at her laptop, wondering if I should actually go digging into it because I had a dream where she was just holding me uncomfortably close while fingering herself to loli porn and I woke up nauseous from it.

>> No.7289406

>>7289234
>I hear people on 4chan say it's bad or only slutty girls have it
>on 4chan

Honey, I assure you that 90% of the guy on 4chan never saw a vagina in real life, and if they saw you, a cute girl, in real life they would probably be too much of a beta faggot to even look at you for longer than 5 seconds. If any of them ever had the chance to see a vagina outside of the internet they would kill each other for the chance no matter what the vagina looks like.
It's just the typical reaction of "I am unhappy with myself, better bash someone else!" No one really believes this shit, but it's easier to mock a girl's vagina for looking "slutty" than having to think about your own 3 inch cock that has never seen anything other than his owner's hand.

And if you ever encounter someone having this believ that there is something "wrong" with genitalias that is different from their porn and hentai folder, just abandon them - they are too pathetic and immature to be around. And if you take anything people anonymusly spew out on 4chan serious, here's a tip - don't. Just don't.

>> No.7289411
File: 41 KB, 600x700, DO IT.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7289407
Image related.

>> No.7289420

>>7289406
Fucking this a billion times. I'm selfconscious about mine (In my case I'm puffy. Like waaaay puffy. Like I can't wear tight bottoms unless I'm okay with everyone knowing the exact shape of my vag). Any guy or girl worth anything won't give a fuck about what you look like downstairs. Five years ago I would have cried if my bf walked into me changing or turned the lights on during sex. Now the giant dork drums on them while doing pseudo indian chanting because he knows I'll lose my shit.

>> No.7289424

>>7289317
It also interferes with contraception, which a lot of people forget about when considering medication.

>> No.7289429

>>7289424

>mfw I got that question wrong on practice tests and freaked out and started frantically researching common drug and herb reactions
>only to not get any on the actual test

All dem memories man.

>> No.7289441

>>7289245
Poster of >>7289342 again. Wanted to give you some more concrete info if it helps at all...

I had ~$3,500. I used $200 to move to a new city, and about half of the rest to sublet a furnished room in a new city for 3 months. Spent around $300 to register for a class at a state school. I checked out a few classes before settling on one that was genuinely interesting with a professor I liked. This made it easier to stay invested and be a really good student. I talked to my professor a lot and built a relationship, and she became a really great reference for me.

Got two jobs- one covered basic living expenses. The other was for savings and school.

I got serious about taking care of my appearance. Got free-$10 haircuts from students at a well-known beauty school. Drank a shitload of water, kept a really simple,cheap beauty routine. Built a really small, but flexible wardrobe from sample sale and thrift finds. I took care of that shit like my clothes were woven from hairs off God's ass, and the shoes were baby unicorn.

I had gotten a laptop for $200. Taught myself to code and use free graphics software and Excel during my free time. Also went to free skills learning and cultural stuff in my free time. Free museum admission days, film showings at cafes, skill sharing meetups. I made my place uncomfortable (no internet, no AC/heating), so I felt forced to go outside and be around people.

The more people I met, and the more skills I mastered, the more opportunities came up. Eventually, I got better-paying jobs, so I could afford to take more courses at a school with easy transition from part-time continuing ed to full-time degree. The school's financial aid office also helped me secure a scholarship, so I could avoid crippling loans.

Hardest part was breaking a cycle of bad habits, and feeling comfortable asking for help. Parents visited once, were embarrassed I lived so poor. Well, suck it, bitches, because NOW I AM FREE.

>> No.7289442

>>7288002
I don't know if your still here (probably not) but you should try corset training. I too am apple shaped and wear a corset really helps to get a defined waist. Also skirts really help to add more volume to your hips, and anything with peplums.

>> No.7289445

>>7289083
Maybe men should stop raping women.

>> No.7289452

>>7289407
Yikes, anon, that's a hard spot to be in, but I think there is a sort of graceful way to ask. Just be honest and as non-accusatory as possible. I'm 5'0" and only JUST now losing my baby face at 26. I've never had to worry about a partner like that, but I have basically said "I know I look really young and I hope that isn't why you're attracted to me/hope you don't see me as a child because I am X age", but more casually.

Just put it in the context of your broader worries about the way you're being perceived (by them and maybe everyone), so that it's a conversation, not accusation. Even if you don't get a direct answer, you know far more about their thinking this way.

>> No.7289457

>>7289445
Maybe some women can stop bringing it up because for fuck's sake Melissa, it's the 5th girls night out you bring to a screeching halt because no one's paying attention to you and you just had to tell the rape story AGAIN.

>> No.7289466

My best friend finally got drunk enough to tell me the reason I love cons and events so much is because I only really have a personality when I'm in costume, and am otherwise a latina version of Tomoko when I'm not dressed up.

I have no answer. She's dead fucking right and now all I wanna do is hug the shit out of my pillow and eat cherry garcia til everything inside stops hurting.

>> No.7289468

>>7289242
>>7289420
I'm really glad people can relate! I wasn't sure if I was alone in that one.
And thank you >>7289406 , I really hope too many people don't believe that. People on 4chan seem to and I overheard some idiots on a bus one time talking about how big labia on a girl means she's a complete whore and so I realized people are dumb enough to believe it in real life too.
I guess they are just anonymously saying whatever, I just am insecure about it and it's hard to hear people talk bad about things you're already insecure about and can't change. I'll try not to take people too seriously next time I see something like that so thank you.

>> No.7289471

>>7289466
>socially awkward latina
Oh wow. Not to be rude or anything but I just never considered that a possibility. Every latina I know and hang out with makes me feel socially retarded by comparison.

>> No.7289475

>>7289471
Bitch what did you think Ugly Betty was?

>> No.7289482

>>7289471
You should go to some anime convention in south america one day. You'll see how bad the social awkwardness can get.

>> No.7289491

>>7289466
I had the same problem for the longest time. Even if you're just imitating a personality when you're in a con, it's still going through you. You have control over it.

It's not like anyone in the world has an original personality, everyone takes bits and pieces from people they like, they look up to, or unwillingly from people who affected them in life. You can do the same from what you become when you're in costume. Just pick up things that help you relate to other people, but whatever you do, don't try to flat out become an anime character. Those people are the most goddamned annoying in the world.

To help me along, and this was just me, it may sound super fucking stupid to you, I started wearing little bits of my outfits with my regular clothes. Nothing retarded like carrying around swords, but ribbons, shirts, shoes, things that could make me feel like I was still somehow wearing a mask and free to do as I wish.

Years later I'm an actually likable woman working in a field that needs a lot of talking and I got my sights on a guy I'm going to have an awesome relationship with, he just doesn't know it yet.

>> No.7289497

>>7289468

>>7289406 anon here, glad to be a little help.

>I overheard some idiots on a bus one time talking about how big labia on a girl means she's a complete whore

Really, it just makes me sad how far behind in Sex ED we still are, and how little people now about bodies, especially womens' bodies. Boobs, vaginas - people still believe these things still only come in one form and shape, mostly that wht is represented in the media/porn, and everything else is wrong. Don't let such ignorant assholes get you down!

This reminds me of a discussion I had with my ex about cellulite. He pointed mine out (not to mention that he mentioned how ugly cellulite looks), and I said it is mostly genetics and over 90% of the women have cellulite because our bodies are predestined for it.
He refused to believe me and called everyone who has cellulite a lazy fat ass who just did not try hard enough to get rid of it.

>> No.7289509

>>7289497
He sound like an asshole. Even super skinny girls have cellulite !

>> No.7289508

>>7289497
Uuuuugh. I honestly wish I had known this when I was in junior highschool. I went from chubby to under my target weight and the cellulite in my thighs never went away. Trying to get rid of it almost gave me an eating disorder.

>> No.7289513

>>7289497
Yeah I wish Sex ED taught more, I remember wondering why they don't even mention labia in Sex ED.
Literally just mentioning that all sizes of labia are natural and can't be changed by sex would be enough.
And the cellulite thing isn't known by a lot of people, I don't have any myself but I know that not all people can get rid of theirs.
And that's rude of him! Good thing he's just an ex now.

>> No.7289514

>>7289497
I'm underweight and have a small amount of cellulite on my thighs. I doubt I'll ever be rid of it. Your ex is a dipshit, though you probably know that.

>> No.7289517
File: 99 KB, 723x691, 1386859609280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7289497
>>7289513
>Really, it just makes me sad how far behind in Sex ED we still are, and how little people now about bodies, especially womens' bodies.

Look, 99% of the time guys are just fucking with women because they know this subject makes them very insecure. Nobody is actually retarded enough to believe that big labia means she's a slut and care enough to belittle a woman for it.

Humans are like that, they'll say anything when they know it will hurt someone.
Hell, I love calling asshole nerds like that "virgins", but that doesn't mean anything, all my boyfriends were virgins and my closest girl friends call me "training wheels". I just say it because it makes them mad.

Pic related.

>> No.7289524

>>7289517
keep telling yourself that

>> No.7289526

>>7289513
>Yeah I wish Sex ED taught more, I remember wondering why they don't even mention labia in Sex ED. Literally just mentioning that all sizes of labia are natural and can't be changed by sex would be enough.

Hm, I cannot remember that they taught us things like that too. Sex ED was mostly How Sex Works + "All the ways to never get ans STI!!!" It did not help me much, I mean at least I knew more than nothing but to be honest I was too ashamed to look at my own vagina until I was... 16?
But on the other hand, I never even considered that the form of the genitalia might be something I should be worried about. I heard about it on the internet first, but thank god I was old enough to just laugh about it and never worry about my own vagina. But pretty sure this woud have ended on the list on things I hate about my body if I heart it as a thirteen years old...

>And the cellulite thing isn't known by a lot of people, I don't have any myself
(I hate you ;_; You don't know how much you are blessed.)

>but I know that not all people can get rid of theirs.

Once you got it, you can do a few things to prevent further damage but you'll never get rid of it. Sure, sports, water, healthy living etc might help but if it's in your genes, you're fucked.

>And that's rude of him! Good thing he's just an ex now.

Haha, that was only one thing of the various "You are too fat"-collection. Right after our little cellulite-conversation he looked me in the eyes and told me that my legs are the part of me he disliked the most, and that [they are so ugly] he could barely look at them. Yeah...

>> No.7289528

I'm male and I agree with Training Wheels here >>7289517

We're just fucking with your heads. Nobody actually cares.

>> No.7289530

>>7289517
>Nobody is actually retarded enough to believe that big labia means she's a slut and care enough to belittle a woman for it.

Nah, I would not be too sure...
But I meant that people are still surprised that boobs/vaginas come in different sizes. A lot of girls struggle with the size of their labia and in porn there's usually one type of vagina with a small labia shown.
Many girls struggle to realize boobs never look that flawless and gravity-defying ans in the media. I myself am still incredible self-conscius because my boobs hang a little - they are huge, what to expect? But I still feel wrong abolut it. As if this wouldn't be normal!
Pretty sure a lot of guys are insecure bout their dicks too.

So I meant Sex ED should teach the varieties of how a body part can look and that there is no wrong way about.

>> No.7289544

>>7289530
Well I seriously don't believe most men are that dumb to believe in such things. All my bfs were clueless as it gets about sex and none of them had a problem with my imperfect body.

Now about people being insecure, yeah sex ED could help with that, but most of the time people are insecure for no reason.
>girl: omg I'm so ashamed of my vagina
>her bf: wtf I don't care, let's just have sex

>> No.7289557
File: 22 KB, 500x273, tumblr_met4uxl3cn1qfwnh1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really, really hate the medication for depression and psychosis. I think I have an eating disorder, which I have been in denial about for a long time since it isn't related to my weight. I'm not sure what it is. It is more about feeling "clean" and I think this is why I have such a problem with medication. When I take it, I physically feel sick, and get extremely anxious, and I feel like I'm being poisoned. I don't know what it is doing inside my body. It doesn't help that no-one seems to know how anti-depressants work. I read obsessively about them, I've tried about ten different types, and as far as I can tell, much of their effect can be attributed to placebo. As for anti-psychotics, fuck. I would rather take the risk of becoming psychotic than take those, since my psychosis was relatively mild and the side effects of those meds are so strong.

Since I won't take these meds, doctors really hate me and refuse to take me seriously, since they think I am doing this to myself or that I want to be this way. So they are very unsympathetic toward me, when all I really want from a medical professional is for them to just be kind to me and tell me things will be OK (since I only ever see them when I am in crisis-mode and desperate). But instead I just get lectures and heavy implications that I am doing this all for attention and that there is nothing wrong with me. It doesn't help that sometimes I think there is actually nothing wrong with me. But years of this shit has left me without any friends (I spent years as a recluse), a family who will barely tolerate me, no education past age 16, never had a job. I'm in my 20s and have no future, my only identity is in being sick. So if there is nothing wrong with me, all I have left is my extremely shitty life which I have crafted myself, and my shitty personality. And no-one else to blame.

>> No.7289559

>>7289544
Pretty much this, speaking as a dude.
As long as it's clean and not funky.

>> No.7289588

>>7289317
Yeah, and anon has been on it before and implies she isn't on other meds...

>> No.7289609

>>7289240
>She's only decided to call it "rape" since spending too much time on tumblr (and in the worst sjw way) ....4 years after the fact.
I'm feel a little like this. When I was 14 I started binge drinking (I fell in with a pretty rough group of older friends) and used to meet guys outside bars and go back to a hotel or to their house and sleep with them. A few times I got myself into really horrible situations (I mean, they were all horrible but some were violent and scary). Of course, at the time, I ~consented~ to all of this. I willingly got drunk, and went home with guys knowing they wanted to sleep with me. I did it all "for fun". But I was severely depressed at the time and I was clearly not right in the head, even to a stranger. Looking back, is it really consensual sex if it's between a 14-17 year old girl who is black-out drunk and hanging around outside pubs, and a guy in his 20s or 30s who is probably mildly buzzed? That's what most of my hook-ups were. I'm not trying to absolve myself of anything. But maybe your friend feels similarly? Many people consider sex with someone who is drunk to be rape. If both people are drunk, I suppose the one who is more drunk/has more power over the other is the rapist. Maybe looking back, she too can see a power-imbalance, or something else that meant her consent wasn't really full consent?

>> No.7289659

Man from /fit/ here

I've been raped, beaten, assaulted, given death threats and currently have a hit on my head.
How am I handling it?
I'm learning networking before I go back to college(ECE master race btw) and grab life by the balls.

You are all pathetic.
Women are pathetic.

If any of you gals need a good dicking, hit me up.

>> No.7289690

>>7289530
>>7289526
>>7289517
>>7289513
>>7289497
>porn pussies
What shit porn do kids look at these days? Is it all that manufactured American crap? I started my pornographic odyssey with sites like Femjoy and MetArt, and while every girl was a fucking goddess of beauty, there were a variety of vulva and breast. Why do other people have such shit taste in porn?

>> No.7289701
File: 25 KB, 200x200, in empty waters.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7289659

>> No.7289710

>>7289609
I get what you're saying, but I guess my big bugbear is that she was bringing it up really inappropriately - in public, in front of a huge group of people - to possibly the worst person to mention it to, the one whose trust was literally abused by her entire family (the cousin, and then everyone who didn't believe her). She's now 26, and in her early 20s liked to go out and get drunk and go home with guys. I appreciate that she may not be the same person now, but I find it so insensitive that she's talking about being raped in such a public situation in front of people who she knows, from private conversations, have had some pretty awful shit happen and probably don't want to get into this sort of discussion in public. I also wonder whether it's to do with her boyfriend not liking the fact that she's slept with quite a lot of guys...

>> No.7289918

>>7289710
Oh, well I understand. That's different from my experience. But I guess she feels similar to me, in that we would have a lot of shame due to past actions. Shame and guilt are such powerful emotions, so it makes sense that she would try to defend her ego from being bruised any further. Doing it in public is understandable in that she probably is looking for reassurance and validation that she isn't a "slut", and trying to clear her name in her own head. However, it is very insensitive for her to do so in front of your other friend. Have you taken her aside and explained that to her? She might just not realize. I can't imagine many people would want to hurt a rape survivor on purpose in such a way.

>> No.7289975

>>7289240
>And she was saying this to one of my friends who *was* abused and raped by her cousin, and then had none of the family believe her when she told them. allmyrage.

I find this interesting. The social stigma around rape which makes it difficult for victims to come forward and which results in situations like someone's family not believing them, is contributed to by attitudes like you are displaying. That some types of rape are *real* and some are not, and if someone says they were raped, it wasn't *real* rape since [they waited too long to report it/they were a drunk slut/they only realized it was rape after learning what rape really is] (many people think rape has to be violent, an attack, done by a stranger. That leads to people like your friend who was raped by her cousin not being taken seriously)

Rape is rape. If one person was too drunk to consent, that's rape. If they only realize this after several years, it is still rape. I am in NO WAY saying that is on the same level as what happened to your friend who was abused by the family member. That is of course exponentially worse. But it's still this general attitude of scrutinizing the victim, it's the victim's fault, does their story stand up, does it constitute *real* rape? that results in the horrible situation your friend is in.

So you are angry at something that you yourself are contributing to! All that said, your friend who "regrets her hookups" is still in the wrong for not taking into account the feelings of your other friend when she speaks about her experience publicly.

>> No.7289999

>>7289975
There was nothing in that story that indicated their friend was too drunk to consent. Just that she used to go out and drink, and now she regrets it so it's retroactively rape. Doesn't work like that, you can't withdraw consent after the fact.

>> No.7290041

>>7289999
Pretty much exactly this. She was going out wanting to be taken home by guys, looking actively for someone to sleep with, and is now telling us all that she was raped. She wasn't under duress or even probably too drunk to consent (judging from how much she drinks in social situations usually), she wasn't saying no, she wasn't even particularly pressured into it unless you want to say that asking someone if they would like to come back to a hotel and have sex with you is putting pressure on someone who has gone out for that exact reason.

>> No.7290046

>>7290041
You can want to not keep fucking someone in the middle of sex, drunk or not, if they're doing something you don't want. If she said no and they kept going, I don't see the issue.

Frankly, I don't get (outside of what she did with your friend--inappropriate) why you're so pissed about this

>> No.7290084
File: 118 KB, 682x589, hug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7289557

>> No.7290110

>>7289999
Of course, I'm simply using that as an example since it is common. It could have been the case. Whatever happened, her friend now thinks she was raped when she didn't think so (or didn't say so) at the time. I'm sure she has a reason for thinking that. There are several scenarios I can think of off the top of my head where that seems totally plausible, and I'm sure you can too. You can't "withdraw" consent, but in a lot of scenarios, the consent that was given may have been pressured, one of the parties may have had power over the other, there may have been drugs or alcohol involved, there may have been mental illness involved, or a whole host of other things. In those cases, "consent" is a bit of a shaky concept. It isn't really your place to judge a complete stranger on the validity of her claim of rape. All that does is harm people. Unless you think it is helping someone, perhaps the *real* rape victims are grateful you are increasing the social stigma of rape?

Regardless, my point is that it is that type of attitude that you have hurts the *real rape victims of real actual rape* that you so care about, since you're contributing to the stigma of rape, which contributes to things like rape victims having their entire sexual histories called into question in court, and being ashamed to report the crime for being judged by everyone. I just think that's so dumb it is funny.

>> No.7290116

>>7290110
>You can't "withdraw" consent,
This was dumb. I meant that you can't retroactively withdraw consent, unless you can time-travel. But of course you can withdraw consent at any point during sex, and if the other person ignores that, it is rape.

>> No.7290129

>>7290041
Mainly the in front of my other friend bit, to be honest. I have known both girls for years, and I know that she knew that the other friend had had that happen, so to be so retarded and bring that sort of shit up in public made me want to bash my head against a wall. Given that over the years she's told me (and the whole world) in all sorts of loving detail about what she used to get up to after getting back to the hotel/his place every. single. damn. time., it never seemed like consent was ever an issue, her main complaint was usually partners that were useless in bed

>> No.7290285

>>7288507

You're sleeping with the wrong dudes. Eating a girl out is heaven as long as she takes the time to clean down there.

I love it except for the rare occasion that I dive down into rotten fish taco. Seriously ladies, vaginal hygiene is important. If only so you don't kill your partners.

>> No.7290301

>>7288638

I need other femanons to confirm this. I've only had a few sexual experiences and so far all of them were pretty disappointing because of my penis size.

I want to believe I'm not cursed forever but the evidence seems kind of plain to see. Apparently there are girls interested in me but I always make up excuses because I'm worried I'll just disappoint another girl and become a joke.

I don't want to disappoint girls any longer, I want to make them feel as fulfilled and whole and they make me.

I love cuddling and whispering into someone's ear about how much they mean to you. But the sex man, It all crumbles for me when it comes time to penetrate.

>> No.7290349

>>7290301
Sex isn't just about penetration! You have so much more you can offer a girl in bed than that. You sound like an attentive and passionate sort of lover. Don't get yourself down.

>> No.7290357

>>7289342
Thanks for all the advice, there actually is an arts center with upcoming lessons I was thinking about signing up for and I was also accepted into a community orchestra where I'll probably be able to get some tips from other musicians. It kind of sucks that I'm not getting much help from my parents but it's time to start making other connections to help myself...

>> No.7290379

>>7290285
Amen to good hygiene down there. This applies to both guys and girls. One way of getting around it if you can't bring it up directly is suggesting you wash each other in the shower.

>> No.7290474

>>7290301
You need to learn how to use what you've got.

It's all about the angles. Angle upwards, like you're trying to poke her belly button but from the inside.

There's a reason girls can orgasm just using their fingers. If a finger can do it, so can your dick. Just aim forward and up, and /ask her what she needs./

It might seem odd, or awkward to do, but it'll get you where you want to be.

Let her be on top. She can do what she wants and get what she needs.

Sex is not about penetration. My boyfriend has hurt me numerous times when he gets too into it because he's more than I can handle. Just keep working on it. And if a girl likes you enough, she'll give you time to learn, too.

>> No.7290487

>>7290301
I just tell guys to make the infinity sign with their tongue, works everytime.

>> No.7290511

I really want to go to cons and get involved in the Bay Area loli community, but I have PTSD and avoidant personality disorder and social anxiety and I'm afraid of getting judged and hated. Not to mention cutting scars limit my wardrobe to long sleeves even though it's getting pretty large.

>> No.7290516 [DELETED] 

>>7290349

Ya but its still part of it, though! You can be great at 90% of the sex but there must come a point when that 10% becomes really important.

Its not just for my own benefit. I can have fun regardless as long as shes with me, but I want her to enjoy it too. Its means more to me that shes feels incredible and moans like they'll be no tomorrow but I can't perform like that because 4.5" dick.

I once ate out a girl out for 3 hours because after the first 45 minutes she whispered "Fuck me" and I couldn't really get deep enough inside her to make her feel anything. Granted she was a fucking amazon compared to me (not fat, just VERY tall I think she was like 6'1 and I'm 5'6). She was so happy, it made me feel great to when her toenails dug into my back and feel her gently tug and tousle my hair when she came. I could actually feel her whole body go tense and rigid in those moments and it made feel like an all star. The slight spasm and twitch on my cheeks. Oh man.

Then I remember how much everthing changed when I uselessly thrusted on top of her.

"Do you feel it yet?"

The 5 most embaressing words I've ever spoken. She just replied "No" and her eyes looked so dull and disinterested. That fucking broke me. I just stopped, went limp and went back to eating her out until she got tired and went home. The next day she said it was best if we just remained friends. For a couple months after that we'd get drunk and end up fooling around with the same outcome almost every time. Then she got a boyfriend and dropped me like an anvil.

I've been alone ever since. That was about 2 years ago. I keep an account on online dating websites just see if girls even COULD be interested in me. I get messages and girls ask to meet me, but I avoid them all; politely abstaining from meeting them. God I fucking hate myself.

>> No.7290517

>>7290511
Awww, I'll be your Bay area loli friend anon.

>> No.7290526 [DELETED] 

>>7290349

Ya but its still part of it, though! You can be great at 90% of the sex but there must come a point when that 10% becomes really important.

Its not just for my own benefit. I can have fun regardless as long as shes with me, but I want her to enjoy it too. Its means more to me that shes feels incredible and moans like they'll be no tomorrow but I can't perform like that because 4.5" dick.

I once ate out a girl out for 3 hours because after the first 45 minutes she whispered "Fuck me" and I couldn't really get deep enough inside her to make her feel anything. Granted she was a fucking amazon compared to me (not fat, just VERY tall I think she was like 6'1 and I'm 5'6). She was so happy, it made me feel great to when her toenails dug into my back and feel her gently tug and tousle my hair when she came. I could actually feel her whole body go tense and rigid in those moments and it made feel like an all star. The slight spasm and twitch of her thighs on my cheeks. Oh god it felt great.

Then I remember how much everthing changed when I uselessly thrusted on top of her.

"Do you feel it yet?"

The 5 most embaressing words I've ever spoken. She just replied "No" and her eyes looked so dull and disinterested. That fucking broke me. I just stopped, went limp and went back to eating her out until she got tired and went home. The next day she said it was best if we just remained friends. For a couple months after that we'd get drunk and end up fooling around with the same outcome almost every time. Then she got a boyfriend and dropped me like an anvil.

I've been alone ever since. That was about 2 years ago. I keep an account on online dating websites just see if girls even COULD be interested in me. I get messages and girls ask to meet me, but I avoid them all; politely abstaining from meeting them. God I fucking hate myself.

>> No.7290530

>>7290516
I'd date you, anon. You sound sweet, even if you're not feeling confident in yourself these days. Have faith.

>> No.7290534

>>7290349

I once ate out a girl out for 3 hours because after the first 45 minutes she whispered "Fuck me" and I couldn't really get deep enough inside her to make her feel anything. Granted she was a fucking amazon compared to me (not fat, just VERY tall I think she was like 6'1 and I'm 5'6). She was so happy, it made me feel great to when her toenails dug into my back and feel her gently tug and tousle my hair when she came. I could actually feel her whole body go tense and rigid in those moments and it made feel like an all star. The slight spasm and twitch of her thighs on my cheeks; oh man.

"Do you feel it yet?"

>> No.7290541

>>7290534
How tiny is your dick? My boyfriend is 6in and I love it. I can't handle big dicks.

>> No.7290551

>>7290530

I'm not sure if you're referring to >>7290534 I deleted my original post because spelling errors and I wanted to be exact on how I expressed myself since its such a big issue for me.

But man, its hard to believe in myself anymore. Every sexual experience has been so disappointing. I don't feel confident in my ability to be a competent lover and for a man that hurts a lot. Its kind of a point of pride, you know? As silly as it may sound some men do pride themselves on their ability to make the women close to them cum like their heads are about to explode.

I need more than faith, I need a different fucking body. Not this little boy shit. No matter how hard I work to get /fit/ or how much people may same I'm handsome or smile, I always feel like a little boy.

I'm done blabbing now. Thanks for the opportunity to get it out there. I don't take to anyone about this in person I'm way too ashamed.

>> No.7290555

I just feel like I'm becoming too fat despite all the evidence against that feeling (100-103 lbs at 5'7.5'', <1000 caloric intake, visible bones). I still see myself as squishy and gross.

Furthermore, I have an irrational paranoia that my boyfriend will leave me for a girl who actually lifts weights, looks stellar, and isn't a neurotic, self-loathing, no definition piece of shit. I'm a drain on him: I can't drive, all I ever talk about is my own depressive bullshit, and I constantly seek validation for my appearance/existence.
There is nothing stopping him from finding another, better girl and leaving me. He goes to far more conventions than I do, and he's had a history of random girls being attracted to him and attaching themselves to him for the duration of the con. No matter how many times he tells me he loves me and that he's so glad to have found me, I can't shake the feeling that a superior girl exists and that he'd be much happier without me.

>> No.7290556

>>7290541

4.5 inches. And 6 inches is considered pretty average for a guy. It may not be mega fuckhuge but its far from below average.

>> No.7290576

>>7290551
Anon I'm a female so the situation is very different but I have sexual issues aswell. Every time I attempt sex it is too painful for me and I have to stop. My vagina sometimes tears and I bleed a little bit. I also get recurring uti and thrush. I have seen many doctors about this and still nothing helps. I have a partner who I love very deeply and it makes me feel so horrible and worthless that I can't even make love with him. I feel broken. It actually upsets me a little bit that many people can sleep around so often so easily yet I can't even make love to my partner no matter what I try. I do pleasure him in other ways but I feel like I'm not even a real women or a good girlfriend.

>> No.7290579

>>7290511
The Bay Area is known for being really friendly, and I don't feel like I've ever seen or heard of people getting judged/hated. If you want to get started out, I suggest going to a smaller meet so you can properly get to meet some people (since at big meets everyone tends to group up and it's harder to talk). A good idea might be to PM the event holder beforehand and explain that you have anxiety, so they can keep it in mind and make sure you're included in things. As for your scars, well, you can hide them if you're not comfortable with people seeing them, but I'm sure anyone who might see them would understand, so it's nothing you should worry about.

>> No.7290584

>>7290555
Then improve yourself girl.
You have untapped potential.

Love yourself.
And when you do, you'll automatically want better things in life. That is not a selfish thought

You can do this
Godspeed

>> No.7290586

>>7290576

Thanks, It helps a little to know there are others who feel the same way even if the circumstances are little different.

I'm glad you have someone and I'm sure if you're open with him things will work out. If it helps, I'm rooting for you!

Best of luck to you.

>> No.7290648

>>7290556
The average dick is 5-6"

So yours isn't all that small. You just need to learn how to use it. There isn't anything sensitive more than 3 or 4 inches up anyway. All the sensitive bits are right around the opening.

>> No.7290652

>>7289305
They also have snowflakes on the back.
All i have is a shitty coat of arms. Yeah I jel.

>> No.7290659

>>7290586
>>7290586
You're very welcome, I'm glad it makes you feel a bit better anon.

Thank you anon, I hope you can find someone too who isn't so judgemental.

We are very open, he's actually really supportive and amazing. I also feel really guilty as he is a very good lover and is well endowed and I feel he's wasting it on me. We are currently trying a program called sensate focus so hopefully that helps.

Thank you, you are very lovely.

>> No.7290668

>>7290652
Where are you from? Denmark?

I really love passport designs. New Zealand and Australia's new ones are glorious. Too bad you can't really find many photos of them online, for obvious reasons.

>> No.7290686

>>7288355
What the fuck is wtong with you?

>> No.7290691

>>7290686
>wtong

>> No.7290697

>>7290556
6 is not average.

>> No.7290706

>>7290551
Exclusively look for a short sexual partner, not a 6'1 amazon. Then you'll be more in size with eachother.

>> No.7290717

>>7290706
What? What does height have to do with dicks?

>> No.7290721

>>7290697
Yes it is.

"Measurements vary, with studies that rely on self-measurement reporting a significantly higher average than those with staff measuring. However, the mean of an erect human penis is approximately 12.9–15.0 cm (5.1–5.9 in) in length."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_penis_size#Erect_length

>> No.7290722

>>7288543
same.
working on getting a 2nd job now ugh

>> No.7290731
File: 15 KB, 384x288, Nu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7289690
Check out Asian Street Meat.

It's basically a group of old creepy british men going to the poor parts of Asia and fucking tiny brown asian girls on camera.

Pic related.

>> No.7290734

>>7290731
>going to the poor parts of Asia and fucking tiny brown asian girls on camera.
>he poor parts of Asia

STDs galore

>> No.7290735

>>7290734
And they kiss the girls, lick their pussies and everything.

>> No.7290764
File: 57 KB, 600x495, complement.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I've had some pretty bad depression since I was a child, and had some pretty severe social anxiety growing up. I had to be excused from afternoon classes for at least a year once a week in grade school to go to a special councilor on top of seeing the school councilor almost daily. And I dealt with bullying and the usual stupid shit us weaboos go through

I am the youngest of three, and my brother was the definition of problem child. He made my parents go through so much shit, and my sister was so normal, not to mention my dad used to be addicted to drugs, by the time I rolled around my family just did not give a shit and kind of left me to my own business and expected wonders from me. I love my dad, and he pulled his shit together for me, but my mom's the decision maker of the family. And she couldn't handle having another "problem child" and it hurt being such a failure. So I've never been on medication for depression because I just taught myself to ...stop being depressed? If that makes sense? There's no way I'd ever be allowed on medication because my parents just weren't able to handle it so I solved my own problem by forcing myself to be happy, and act happy, and be there for other people. It's probably super unhealthy, but it was how I was raised.

So I literally do not understand how so many of you are depressed and shit and are on so many medications, etc. I get it, I understand chemical imbalances and everyone has their own issues, but I don't tell people out loud that I kind of resent them for just not being able to force themselves to get over their problems like I do, mainly because I'm jealous that they're able to be so honest and address these problems. I HAVE to be the happy, cutesy strong one for my family and I have to force myself not to be depressed even though when it hits me its bad.

(I hope I don't offend anyone, I just figured this was an honest, opinions/what's bothering you thread)

>> No.7290773

>>7290764
You're repressing. Don't worry, it'll all come back to bite you in the ass eventually and when it does, it will come back with a vengeance.

<3

>> No.7290780

>>7290773
hahah yeah it really does. It comes and goes like in two month cycles actually, but no one's ever found out

>> No.7290783

>>7290764
More power to ya anon. I have an extremely similar outlook on things, glad to see im not the only one.

>> No.7290785

>>7290555
Please don't take this the wrong way, anon, but are you anorexic? The average calorie intake for a non-active women is generally 2,000 I believe.

>> No.7290790

>>7290764
I think its because of the self-abuse that comes with it
cutting, extreme dieting, failing school etc

also your story, eldest not youngest, but secretly went to counselling (not as much as you), bullied entire life, fattest girl in class, glasses, aspie level of niche interests, etc. parents had high hopes since top marks in elementary for me but as was mostly average come highschool.

>> No.7290788

>>7290783
So it's not weird? I feel like a terrible person for thinking this way, but it just makes me so frustrated....

>> No.7290795

>>7290790
Oh no, please tell me things are looking up for you? I'd hate for anyone to go through a a similar childhood of self-loathing.

>> No.7290803

>>7290785
I don't even know at this point.

Eating relatively small quantities of non-junk has always been natural to me; even as a small child I'd be reading the nutrition labels on everything and counting calories/nutrients out of habit.
I've never broken any bones or had hair loss, nor have I skipped a period (although it is erratic and rarely "on schedule"), which are hallmark anorexia symptoms, so I've never seriously considered it.

>> No.7290816
File: 49 KB, 500x213, tumblr_luk18x24131qglwpio1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7290803
You might just have a bird-like appetite. I'm a bit concerned for you though since that's way below the recommended body weight for your height, but if you're comfortable with how you look, and as long as you're not feeling any fatigue or lack of energy then it's probably just how your body was meant to be. You probably look like a model

>> No.7290821

>>7290764
I was in a similar situation, I have an autistic brother and had depression at a young age but my mother would not allow to go to see a psychologist (as she would have to do a parenting course) so after being threatened of no Christmas (I was five) I snapped out of it and bottled up things for many years. I would always try to make my parents proud, studied really hard, tried to be perfect daughter got into uni (first and only person in my family), strive to meet the high expectations my parents had of meet but my mind(due to internalising everything bullying, verbal abuse, observing my mother's body image/habits amongst other things) is a bit of a reck. It's only really the last two years that I've really started opening up and admitting I have issues.I've only started seeing a psychologist. I'm this anon>>7289235, and the last two years have been really hard for me both mentally and physically. I'm not depressed though anon but I would definitely recommend not bottling it all up inside and repressing as it is very destructive.

>> No.7290822

>>7290803
Anon, please don't take the "inactive women should have 2,000 calories" thing to heart. That isn't correct. If you're active that's about how much you'll need but at your weight to maintain that weight, you'll be looking at about 1,300-1,500 calories give or take activity level (inactivity is about 13cal per lbs and very active is about 18 cal per lbs.) If you are looking to take on an exercise to bulk up/ be extra fit the best thing you can do it consult a doctor, get a second opinion and do a lot of research into it. In any case, anorexic or not, its always good to consult a doctor if you have concerns over your weight, or your mental health relating to your weight if you do feel that you have an overly unhealthy relationship with your weight/with food.

>> No.7290829

>>7290785
I'm not that anon but I eat around 800-1200 calories a day and less although I'm not anorexic, I have a very slow metabolism and I have disordered eating. My friends with endos and anorexia eat more 50-500 calories a day although they both have quite serious cases.

>> No.7290831

>>7290829
*more like

>> No.7290834

Furthermore,>>7289262
>so did your partner cheat on you with a Finnish girl or something?
....What even?
>I've been to Finland several times because my boyfriend's family lives there, and it is far from what you're describing
Well I never said everyone in the country is like this, did I? Plus I even said everyone else is really nice: >>7289012
You need to stop projecting. My bad experience does not equal ALL people being assholes.
> but the people in Helsinki speak really good english.
You've never been to a health center in Turku, I presume. I even asked the lady in the reception to give me someone who speaks English, and she said "what are you talking about? they all speak English". Yet when I came to get examined I asked if I can use English and the doctor said no because she's bad at it. Happened many times already.
>>7290668
I love the NZ ones. There's a black girl from NZ in my Finnish class and she showed me her passport and ID. Also very jel. She has a very thick accent though, couldn't understand half of what she said.

>> No.7290838

>>7290785
>The average calorie intake for a non-active women is generally 2,000 I believe.

No, no no no no no no
Not this shit again

I just quickly calculated her BMR and if she is non-active she only needs around 1600 calories everyday to maintain her weight. Granted, that's definitely more than what she's eating now. But it just bugs me when people blindly apply the 2000 rule and then be surprised that they're not losing weight.

>> No.7290839

>>7290821
Do you have a friend who you go to the gym with? Sometimes it helps to have an exercise buddy to help pace you if you're afraid of over exercising. Plus you could turn it into a fun routine!
I'm not the anon you're responding to, but it helped me find a weight I was comfy with, and being in a routine really helped me with my depression over the whole thing.
My friend is amazing, we'd work out and grab a healthy lunch on our "dates" and just talk about loli and anime.

>> No.7290842

>>7290790
We are very similar anon although I did fairly well in high school but in my final year many people told me that I wouldn't get the uni entrance score I deserved because of my subjects. That year was pretty tough as I missed almost half of it due to illnesses and comments like that hurt so much. I was also fat since I was 8 or so. So in that same year I dropped 20 kilos (and more since) but I'm still so unhappy. Oh and I had glasses. Not aspie but broad autism phenotype.

>> No.7290847

>>7290838
uh, not that anon, but I'm pretty sure the girl you're all talking about was concerned about gaining weight?
2,000's about what you need to bulk up or put on the pounds.

>> No.7290853

>>7290788
Hey, >>7290783 here.
Honestly i dont think its a terrible way to be. You seem like a far stronger person than anyone else in this thread. Now look i know im gonna offend the fuck out of a lot of people here, but im gonna go ahead and say it. Like i said im in a similar situation (or was at least, managed to get the fuck outta dodge for the most part) and ive learned to employ a coping strategy i like to call getting the fuck over it. No, its not repression, im not cramming my feelings into a little jar only to have them spring out at any moment. No, see ive just learned over the years that in the grand scheme of my life, the shit that bothers and upsets me just plain doesnt matter. Based off of some of the stories ive heard both on here and other parts of the internet, i should be severely depressed and on suicide watch or some shit. But im not, i enjoy the hell out of life! Why? Because i let shit go, and realize the complete insignifigance of it to myself and everyone else around me. I have a ritual that i do every night before i go to bet, and i swear to you it is the single biggest reason im not depressed beyond belief. Every night before bed i get on my computer, and for about 10 minutes i browse through and contemplate on pictures of millions of starving africans and victims of violence in areas like the middle east. Because of this, i have realized that no problem i could ever have could possibly even come fucking close to what these people go through on a daily basis. I dont give a fuck how bad of a chemical imbalance you have in your brain, you dont have room to say SHIT until youve been a victim of chemical warfare. I dont give a fuck how bad your home life may be, you dont have room to say SHIT until your home has been shot at by an RPG. Yeah it sounds ignorant, but get the fuck over stuff people. You will be so much happier with everything in this life if you would sit down and realize just what a lucky sonofabitch you really are. I know i am.

>> No.7290871
File: 1.75 MB, 358x202, 1366509757687.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7290853
Eh, I can understand people being depressed about having a bad home life (child abuse, divorce, neglect, etc), people with actual cause to be sad and depressed.
But I just see so many people being medicated for stupid shit "waaah I was bullied in middle school for being heavy and wearing Akatsuki cloaks to school no one understands me."
Medication will only take these people so far because they don't have any chemical imbalances or real problems. They're "depressed" about shit that's their own fault, the most first world of all problems, and they need to just get the fuck over it.
I'm a firm believer in hating weak people, and I have seen many weak ass bitches.

>> No.7290876

>>7290834
Finnish anon here.
>Turku
Surprise surprise. Turku is pretty much the gaping asshole of Finland. Come to Helsinki to study, most people will probably speak English, there's better schools here too. Get a proper doctor instead of going to a health center though, doctors there a shit.

And the Neo-Nazis you were referring to are probably Perussuomalaiset, who are big man babies and no one takes them seriously. I mean for goodness sake they threw a 'straight pride' march wearing Hitler masks. If they harassed you (which isn't unlikely) report them to the police.
Good luck!

>> No.7290901

>>7290839
I've actually been told by my psychologist to not lose any weight. I also normally tend to over do it with exercise and sadly can only do very light weights etc under doctors orders. Thanks though anon.

>> No.7290920

I wonder if this is the right thread to ask.

What are some symptoms of social anxiety? I always hear its linked to having panic attacks, so if you have panic attacks for any reason, well... there you go, you have social anxiety. Apparently. Is that how it works?

>> No.7290921

>>7290901
I wish you the best then! All you can really do is surround yourself with a healthy support group and just actively work towards doing things for yourself and being happy.
Unfortunately being happy's harder than being sad bleh

>> No.7290923

>>7290764
I had a similar problem with my mom. It's even caused some problems with therapists (ok let's be real here: the only person this cause a problem for was the uncertified school "psychologist") who look at me talk about things so peppily with a grin on my face that it's hard for them to see that I'm really struggling that hard.
I had one friend stress to me how bizarre it was when I had this casual smile on my face and loose body language and said, "Wow, sometimes I really want to die, y'know? Haha just like POOF go off and be not there." Then smiled and kind of looked off in the distance

I saw a psychiatrist for the first time just recently. I filled out some forms about my welbeing and ticked a box that said of I had "excessive guilt" and another that said "I feel like others don't take my illness seriously"
I told her about my mom, how she had grown up with fullblown abuse and had struggled with PTSD and related depression. She couldn't wrap her brain around how I could have undirected depression. I mean she'd dedicated her life to breaking the cycle of abuse, dammit! She gave me this beautiful life with everything I could ever want! How could I possibly feel depressed? And I felt guilt over that.

Later, at the end of our session, she asked me if there was anything else I wanted to say. I told her about how I was worried she'd take me the wrong way. I told her how that other counselor would just stare at me with a look that said, "Why are you here?" I said I had a good face for retail, because I'm good at looking not-bored and like I care about what other people have to say.

She connected the dots immediately: "Well of course you act like that! You've had to. You've grown up in an environment with your mother where you could do nothing but!"

I nearly burst into tears.

Anon, I'm sorry that you've had to put on this face. It's exhausting. What's your friend situation like? Maybe you can practice with them, emoting?

>> No.7290975

>>7290541
>>7290697
>implying 6 inches is small or not average
Girl what fantasy world do you live in?

>> No.7291113

I was diagnosed with OCD, several anxiety disorders, a panic disorder and manic depression two years ago. As a result of that, I ended up in constant therapy for 6 months and for the first time in many years I didn't feel completely empty.
That summer, I met my ex who is the first person in, probably my entire life, that I've felt a real connection with. I'm a pretty naive person and I've been taken advantage of by people my entire life, sexually or just 'normally', but I thought things were different this time. Looking back now, I'm as stupid as I've always been.
For one year, my ex would pressure me into having sex with him and doing certain things I wasn't very comfortable with ("You don't like doing __? We can't see each other anymore then!!"), he would play around with my emotions nonstop. He'd tell me one moment that he loved me and then turn around right after and say that he'd find me a boyfriend that wasn't him. Then turn around again and have sex with me and tell me how amazing he thought I was.
His excuse for not being in a real relationship with me, "I'm not ready for a relationship yet".
Last time we saw each other at a convention back in august, he admitted to me one late evening that he thought of me as his girlfriend. Next day, and the rest of the weekend, he ignored me non-stop and flirted with a mutual friend of ours who we were both sharing a room with. He got angry at me cause I wasn't okay with it, broke up with me and blamed me for ruining his conventions, not once considering his own behavior.
Surprise, he hooked up with the friend, who didn't even like him then, a few weeks after breaking up with me. After that, he spent months fucking with me and pinning all of the blame on me.

I've attempted suicide a few times since then and all mental issues have come back even worse than before. Pills make me extremely ill, I'm scared of psychiatrists (the "ruins my whole week" type of scared), my mom is sick and slowly dying and everything is shit.

>> No.7291146
File: 67 KB, 639x668, Tangled_56.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7290923
I've just recently (within the last two years) gotten a few friends that I feel close enough with that maybe one day I'll feel comfortable talking about this with. I live with two of them when I'm at school, and I was really close to the one all four years of college, but this last semester his ego became inflated and he just became this massive jerk. The other one is dealing with her own family issues now (both parents are out of work due to injuries) so I'd much rather be there for her since I'm the only one at school who she can vent to.

I have a really hard time trusting people because I've had so many friendships where I'd just give and give and give, and they would just keep taking from me and never give in return. I'm so used to making a new friend and for them to eventually abandon me for someone "cooler" I guess? I don't like to remember my childhood most of the time, because all I can recall is sitting for hours in an empty parking lot after lacrosse because my friend on the team "forgot" to tell her mom again that it was their night to take me home for carpool, or being told to "wait here!" because someone "forgot their rollerblades next door" only to finally peak in their neighbors house two hours later to see them playing video games with that neighbor's kids. Stupid stuff like that.

And most of the friends I carried over into high school just gave up on me by junior year because every time I'd get a call to go hangout, I'd have to decline because I had to watch my grandmother. I feel defective because all I ever wanted was just good friends, but no one wants me. So it's just really hard for me to trust anyone with my problems, because I feel obligated to be the reliable one. If I'm not reliable, then I don't really have a use...

I'm glad you found someone who honestly listened to you. I feel so selfish when I hear about people like your mom. She's a truly brave person who deserves nothing but happiness.

>> No.7291180

>>7290920
>http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/disorder/#what

The symptoms are different for everybody. Not everyone has a full-on panic attack. Also panic attacks are often unprovoked. I think you mean an anxiety attack? Those are caused by a stressor or stressful situation.

>http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AnxietyOverview/story?id=4659738

Social anxiety is kind of like....making strange when it comes to social interactions.

>> No.7291195

>>7289517
hey, even if this shit is true that doesn't make it ok? it still makes people feel horrible and guilty

>> No.7291538

>>7290764
You just don't understand what it is like to have severe mental illness. That's fine, I wouldn't expect you to.

I have had severe depression where I literally can't speak, even to my family. I can't move out of bed more than once a day for less than an hour (I even stop drinking so that I rarely go to the bathroom), my BMI drops to around 14 or 15 just because the idea of buying food, cooking it, and eating it is so far out of my capability that it is laughable. I get so paranoid that I hide like this for as long as possible, even though my family are supportive. They are more aware of my situation now, so I get checked up on, but before I have lasted months like this.

Even if someone doesn't have severe depression, they can still need medication. Forcing yourself to be pretend to be happy is not enough, if you have a serious illness. You literally just can't force yourself to do something like that for the sake of your family, when you are more concerned about what seems like your imminent suicide, or the black void opening up around you. Keeping up appearances is the last thing on your mind,

>> No.7291823

>>7291538
Girl go get some professional help.
And you shouldn't talk down on that other anon, it's not a dick measuring contest over "who's more depressed."
You have a family who understands you're depressed and lets you get away with that shit, sounds like that other anon has no other option but to forget about herself and to repress. Honestly, I'm more worried about her than you.
Plus I think her and everyone else were talking about people with basic bitch first world depression, not honest mental illnesses.

Forcing yourself to be happy sounds pretty damn heartbreaking, and depending on the person, it HAS to be enough. Everyone's different.

>> No.7291825

>>7291823
*we're

>> No.7291828

>>7291538
Super curious here, but if you have severe depression like you say, and if it's a serious illness for you, what are you doing on 4chan? It sounds like it's hard for you to deal with well...life in general, this is probably the worst place to be.

Sounds to me like you're "severely depressed" about growing up and facing life.

>> No.7292156

>>7291828
Not them and I didn't read the prior conversation but I have clinical depression and 4chan is actually one of the things I like most. I get a lot of shit on here but it's a really entertaining site at the same time.
I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have 4chan, all I do on my spare time is go here or do something boring like make bracelets or knit.

>> No.7292731

Although I'm a long-timer cosplayer, I'm always afraid to do my cosplays... Currently I'm doing a character drom Dark Souls 2, and even though I am used to work with props etc. I usually crush under a hurry and pressure, especially in money and painting... I would love to finish it but I don't have time to sew at all, and I'm not sure if my relatives or friends have time to help, so I'm supernervous about it... I would need to finish it for con next week or for next month... with some help I could finish it easily with friends but there's not anyone willing to help me as this is not an small cosplay...

Luckily my anxiousness has gotten a little less as lots of things have cleared out, but still, I'm feeling my basic seasonal depressions and mood-changing... :) currently this will by my 11th year of depression (19 currently) and finally I am getting some treatment for it (not medicine though, I declined them as I don't need that shit in me) and although I quitted smoking and moved to e-cig, I'm feeling better than I ever did.

If only my fear of cosplaying would go away...