[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 86 KB, 499x700, 1382819978779.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7278806 No.7278806[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

New general, the last one >>7264598 is in autosage

>> No.7278847

When does the post-new years IW sale usually begin?

>> No.7278864

>>7278847
mid feb or early march probably

>> No.7278894

>>7278847
In-store it began on January 3rd - I don't know when it usually goes live on the website, though. Soon, I'd think.

>> No.7279119

Sorry if this is a common question, but how can you get a shopping service to buy something from a Closet Child blog and what services do it?

>> No.7279181

I paid BtSSB my invoice a week ago and haven't gotten the email saying they received it or that it's been shipped. Is this normal? Are they on holiday or something like a lot of Japanese stores? I didn't see anything saying so on the site.

>> No.7279191

I'm a little curious. I have a bad habit of buying things and then holding onto them even if I don't like them. Some of the things in my wardrobe, I'd really like to sell and have just been hanging there for a good two years.

However, I'm new to posting and packaging and I'm actually a little intimidated by all the forms that might need filling out for international shipping.

Also, how do you girls pack your dresses in a cost effective, yet sturdy way so the contents can't get wrecked easily. Bubblewrap and flat rate boxes?

I've never bought anything secondhand either, so I can't really judge by other people's packaging.

Sorry if this sounds really stupid. The answer's probably obvious but I'd just like to see a variety of different options to choose from.

>> No.7279197

>>7279191
I almost always use flat rate for domestic shipping, and I generally put dresses/shirts in a plastic bag and wrap smaller items in bubble wrap or tissue paper.
I haven't shipped anything international yet, as buyers often don't want to pay so much for shipping.
Including a small note saying "Thanks!" and reminding them to exchange feedback or contact you with concerns is also a good practice, in my opinion.

>> No.7279204

>>7279191
Forms: usually just a customs declaration to say what's in the parcel, how much it's worth, and whether it's a gift/goods and services

Packaging: Varies between people, some like to box everything, I personally like to go with a sturdy plastic bag + tissue paper (to absorb moisture, especially if I'm using a slower shipping method) inside a parcel bag because boxes from the post office are exorbitantly priced where I am, they can add another $5-10 to shipping. Bubble wrap and a layer of cardboard if there's anything that could possibly break/warp like a headband, or if the dress has boning. Japanese second hand stores usually do plastic bags inside a paper parcel/bag.

>> No.7279239

I ordered from Innocent World but the invoice never came through my PayPal. I emailed and told them I hadn't received an invoice and they haven't responded. My date to pay has come and gone. Did I lose my item?

>> No.7279287

>>7279239
IW is usually pretty understanding. Just let them know that there was a pp error and that you would love to pay, that you know they were on holiday so couldn't have gotten your message earlier, that you love them, etc.
Hopefully they will just send a new invoice and you will pay it. Otherwise, if you have the total with shipping and your order # you can just send it to them with a note that the invoice was weird.

>> No.7279298

>>7279181
They do not send notification of receiving payment

>> No.7279306

>>7279191
>I'm actually a little intimidated by all the forms that might need filling out for international shipping
It's pretty simple, you just put the item, what it's worth, say if it's a gift or commercial, and your address and theirs + sign and date.
If you need help with it, the postal workers at the counter can assist you.

>how do you girls pack your dresses
I pack everything in a plastic bag (usually a brand bag from Japan, I keep all of them...otherwise one from Forever21 or similar that's pretty thick/heavy-duty), then in a bubble mailer. If it's something heavy (like shoes), I'll use a flat-rate box + bubblewrap, but typically it's cheaper (and just as safe) to go with an envelope. You can also get waterproof bubble mailers if you need extra assurance.
I also include a note saying "thank you for your purchase" and saying I'll leave feedback for them if they do for me, plus remind them of my lj username (to make it easier to find the original post, plus easy to contact me if necessary). I often include stickers attached to the note, too.

>> No.7279734

Anyone received shipping notification for Labyrinth yet? It's apparently released in Japan already.

>> No.7280235

is anyone else having an issue with clobba right now? i got the mass email from martin about confirming my address for the KL jellyfish JSK i ordered, but still haven't gotten an invoice for the half+shipping i still owe.

I've emailed him like 3 times since then asking about getting invoiced...no reply. anyone else having an issue?

>> No.7280260

>>7279119

You need to find an in-person shopping service based in Tokyo/near your specific closet child who is willing to go in person and get it for you. If the item hasn't been sold to some other lolita, that is.

I know Tokyo Pirates does closet child shopping services but she's closed for New Years. Your other option is to try FromJapan, in their commissions guide they mention an in-person shopping service. I have no idea how to use that though, their fees are too high for me to send them into closet child.

>> No.7280835

>>7280235
You should have paid the entirety at the beginning. I was wondering why it was so expensive through Clobba (I also ordered a jsk and blouse through TBS) and was told it was because shipping was already included.

I emailed Martin as well, as I had never received updated shipping info or anything after the mass email. He replied last night/this morning (a few days after I had emailed him) apologizing for the delay. Apparently on top of the KL dresses they had two orders of SS shoes come in, meaning they had over 400 orders to ship out.
All of the KL stuff has been sent out to a sorting center, and shipping info should be sent out tomorrow (Monday).

>> No.7280853

>>7280260
Tokyo Pirates is back today, it's early morning in Japan of the 6th which is when they reopen.

>> No.7280975

>>7280835
okay thanks...here's hoping martin gets back to me soon. next time i know to pay the whole thing up front to avoid this.

>> No.7281001

>>7280975
A bunch of people are in your shoes too. I paid it all upfront, but I always expect this sort of crazy wait when dealing with KL.

>>7280835
This is good to hear. I was going to be really upset if my dress wasn't shipped out before Chinese New Year.

>> No.7281016

anybody here (except rosaire, don't wana hear from you please) runs a shopping service? any kind of shopping service. how long have you been using that mode of shopping before you started providing SS?

>> No.7281155

>>7280975
Are you sure you didn't pay it all upfront? I had to. Approximately how much did you pay?

>> No.7281192

>>7281155
pretty positive.....i paid $70ish then. still have my paypal receipt and the email from martin saying i still owe the additional $70 plus $19 or so for shipping.

>> No.7281365

Any non brand jewelry anyone can recommend? it can be from Etsy or Storenvy.

>> No.7281418

>>7279734
Nope, I don't think the OPs are due out for another couple weeks so I'm waiting patiently.

>> No.7281839

>>7281016
Drop the vendetta you stupid faggot. The horse is pulp, there is nothing more to beat, so quit name dropping to try and start shit.

Sage because you're a piece of shit.

>> No.7281956
File: 77 KB, 335x474, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What happened to the Wonder Queen Special Set? Is it going to be sold online or it was just an only in-store purchase? I'm really looking foward to own that beauty

>> No.7281959

>>7281956
it was already released in store last week or so. it might go on the site, but doubtful

>> No.7281968

>>7281956
Prepare your anus because it's going for 3x retail

>> No.7281993
File: 190 KB, 351x450, Untitled-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Apparently IW's online sale starts in 2 days.

>> No.7281996

already asked but does anyone know when AATPs Lucifer series will be released?

>> No.7282041

Ok /cgl/ I have a boring question for you all. For this coming summer I want to get some plain OTK lace topped socks. I have only ever owned Moitie socks and while they are beautiful--they feel terrible. I was thinking of going with BTSSB's plain socks, but I wanted some input from you guys about the sock quality of other brands? I wear gothic so I obviously don't want anything super frilly. I only want OTK's in black, white/ivory.

>> No.7282045

>>7282041
AATP's lace topped socks have nicer lace than Baby's. I can take a picture for you if you want, but the lace is a bit thicker and nicer imo.

>> No.7282070

Where to buy gold heeled shoes for lolita? I love the vivienne Westwood ones but they're out of stock everywhere.

For reference I wear a 5.5/22.5cm shoes

>> No.7282080

>>7282070
Custom house or antaina

>>7282041
I like Meta's socks, and IW's. I bet IW will have some in their sale.

>> No.7282081

>>7282070
theres a brand new one of melissa x VW in gold for 115 w/o ship its a 22.5cm on rakuten

>> No.7282089

How do you guys calculate the shipping costs for stuff? Do you all measure every item individually?

>> No.7282109

>>7282081

Oooohh thanks anon!! Do you have a link?

>> No.7282111

>>7281956
anddddddd theyre gone.
i wanted to buy all 3 of the wonder queen special sets but didnt want to risk cancellation.

>> No.7282116

>>7282111

I know I just saw. I'm so pissed.

>> No.7282119

>>7282109

Just kidding found them. Is this a reliable seller?

>> No.7282121

Is there still an issue with Clobba? I'm looking to buy my first dress and I was going to buy it from Clobba, but people are saying it's acting up. I'm a poorfag and I tend to get really paranoid about buying things over $40 from places I've never ordered from before.

>> No.7282127

>>7282121
ive just ordered from martin and he was nothing but wonderful. kept me up to date with my order, showed me a picture before he sent it and it arrived in good time.

>> No.7282132

>>7282121
The only current issue is that Martin (owner of clobba) recently received a huge shoe order from a manufacturer. This means that he will be busy and may take longer to send confirmation and invoice you.

Also beware that Chinese New Year is coming up, so if you're nervous about your order being missed, forgotten about or lost- Best to wait until the holiday period is over.

>> No.7282146

Did anyone else see the posts about ODIP? First Marie suddenly disappeared and now the shop is shut temporarily without any reason being given.

Marie was bitching about how hard everything is for her and whatnot earlier so I'm not that surprised, but it seems like a stupid business move.

>> No.7282163

>>7282146
i hope shes ok

>> No.7282175

Does anyone know how to properly wash IW blouses without ruining them? A off white blouse of mine has sweat stains on them, and I don't know how to get them out, Any tips?

>> No.7282176

>>7282146
She's returned everyone's 2nd hand consignment goods. Not a good sign.

>> No.7282188

So, I have this problem with Japonica Market

I ordered an amount of 24 items last month but for no reason they split my order in 2, Part1 has 18 items and Part2 has 6 and they sent me emails with different subject names (c000 [part1] auction won blah blah blah) but I thought it was just to keep it in order (because there's so many items)
I asked them to split my order in 2 boxes (12 items each box)

They just sent me an invoice with Part1 split in 2 with the first box being 11 items and the second 6
I sent them an email saying that maybe there was a mistake with the invoice and if they could combine and split the order as I said and asking them to take a picture of it.

They just answered "Sorry, We don't have your request about packing/picture"

I don't know if I made my self understandable since English isn't my first language and I really don't know if they have good grasp of English.

I don't want to pay 22000¥ just for 18 items while the other 6 are laying around their office. Do you know what's happens if I don't pay that invoice in 7 days?
I don't know how could I explain myself to them, I don't know Japanese at all and I don't want to use google translate because I don't want to screw over my order if I have a grammar mistake...

>> No.7282193

>>7282175
I've hand washed my IW blouses before with no problem. One of my less delicate ones went through the machine as well and it came out fine.

For the handwashing I pre-treated any problem areas with a tea-tree based stain remover and placed the blouse into a bucket of water with some powder in it. I agitated the water and did some light rubbing on the collar of one of them with no problem. Everything was either hung up or laid flat for drying.

For reference all of the blouses were either off white, white or creme in colour.

>> No.7282226

>>7281996
Delayed until the end of February

>> No.7282265

>>7282175

This has been helpful for me
http://www.creativelydomestic.com/2009/06/homemade-oxyclean.html
I've tried it on some prints and it works fine on them without lifting the print as well. There have been some few stains it was not able to lift, though.

>> No.7282267

>>7282188

Do they know that you have two parts to your order? It looks like they might have forgotten the part 2 items if you only have 11/12 items in box one and 6/7 items in box 2? I think your best bet is to copy paste the entire list of everything you orderedwith them (so, all 24 items) into a single email and ask them to tell you which item is in which box.

>> No.7282270

>>7282188
maybe you can try writing to them something like this:

hello, thank you for your hard work.

please pack my package in this order:

Box No.1:
1. auctionID 130294
2. auctionID 1203i204
3, 4,...11, 12

Box No. 2:
1. auctionID 09i3903
2. auctionID 908914
3, 4, 5, ... 12

thank you very much!

>"Sorry, We don't have your request about packing/picture"
I think they MAY be saying that, they have already wrapped your things up the way they said they would, and they don't want to re-pack it, but I could be wrong. I've never used japonica, sorry.

>> No.7282277

>>7282163
Why? She doesn't care about her customers so why should anyone give a rats arse if she's ok?

>> No.7282405

>>7281993
Yay, I'm so excited! I love their sales. IW is rapidly becoming the dominant force in my wardrobe because of them.
Hoping they have some tops or boleros, I could really use a couple.

>> No.7282541

>>7282146
Posts where? Links?

>> No.7282546

>>7282541
nevermind, found it

>> No.7282569

>>7282041
I have socks from AP, Baby, IW, and Meta. The IW are by far the most comfortable, with AP second.
I second checking out their sale when it goes live!

>> No.7282637

>>7282265
You could also just skip the recipe altogether, and just add hydrogen peroxide from the pharmacy to your laundry. Oxyclean works because when you add water to Oxyclean, it turns into hydrogen peroxide.

>> No.7282770

>>7282226
thanks so much!

>> No.7282772

>>7282277
until i experience a problem with her, im not one to judge.

>> No.7282824

>>7282772
Hello Cimone

>> No.7283043

>>7282772

Now apply that logic to someone like Maiko Dolly. See how retarded it is?

>> No.7283141

I lurk CGL (and when I selfpost I specify that it's me) and often see my photos pop up here. Is it proper etiquette to thank them, or ignore it and continue posting?

>> No.7283146

>>7283141
Ignore and continue posting.

>> No.7283148

>>7283141
ignore it, because you'll just be accused of asspatting yourself and self posting if you say anything. This isn't the place to get attention or thank others for it when you're posted. It's really non personal if you're posted in either bad or good threads, so no reason to make it personal by thanking (or defending yourself if you're posted in a bad thread).

There are plenty of threads that come up for concrit and advice that you would want to post yourself and expect feedback obviously, but if it's just someone pulling your picture from tumblr for another kind of thread, even if it's a good thread, no reason to say anything. Unless someone asks 'oh where did that headbow come from?' or something, and even then you don't have to say the picture is yours, just post the link and move on.

>> No.7283178

>>7283141
Similar question

What if you're posted on BtB? Ignore as well? Sometimes I recognize girls that don't deserve the hate they're getting and if it were me, I would try and defend myself.

>> No.7283256

>>7281996
Bits and pieces here and there, well, thats what my SS told me. From last contact, they havent released the pants and jacket yet. I could be wrong though!

>> No.7283311

>>7283178
I would ignore it to be honest. If it's obvious vendetta like 'omg this person is so ugly' people get called out on it, and most of the time it isn't going to affect your real-life interactions so why worry what a bunch of internet randoms think?

>> No.7283332

>>7283178
Defending yourself on a wank community will only make it worse.

>> No.7283342

>>7283178
Ignore it - what those people want is a reaction, so don't give it to them. Vendettas die a lot quicker if you don't fuel the fire.

>> No.7283425

>>7282070
Dear Lenore if you want to deal with her

>> No.7283528

>>7283178
I've ended up on BtB once part of a general secret complaining about fatties in brand. I refused to white knight myself, and most of the comments ended up being positive anyway. No matter how much you want to punch the person who posted you, do not white knight yourself and get a bad rep from it.

>> No.7283595

>>7283178
i've been posted on cgl being accused wrongly of something i had a clear conscience that i did not do, and a few times posted to btb over pretty much nothing i kept quiet and nothing happened. i figured if i came out to whiteknight myself things will get ugly. if it gets difficult seeing your own name posted, then just don't browse cgl or btb for a few weeks. we just want drama, if you don't reply there's no food for the drama.

>> No.7283663

I won an auction in early december. It was the first item in my order, so I left the dress with my SS while I continued bidding on other items for a month. I shipped out my package early this year, upon arrival I realised that the first dress had lots of dust and small white hairs all over. While lint rolling and subsequently washing the dress, I get pretty bad allergic reactions, then I turned the dress inside out to let it air & dry. The next day, I was mending buttons and steaming/ironing the dress when I realised I still have an allergic reaction. I wrote to my SS, asking my SS to ask the seller what species of pets the seller owned, because nothing about animals were written in the description or seller introduction. My SS has not replied me yet.

What do I do? I don't know what I'm allergic to, and I really really like this dress. I've fallen in love with it. It's my second favourite dress in my whole wardrobe now! I want to wear it out and have fun! I don't want to sell it off before even wearing it. It's my first big second-hand brand purchase from Japan; all along I've been buying taobao or egl_comm_sales. How can I identify the allergy and is it possible for me to enjoy wearing this dress out? Am I allergic to the pet of the previous owner, or could I be allergic to something else? Are there any special anti-allergen detergents? Does cgl have any experience in this?

My allergic reaction is a blocked & leaky nose, painful sinus and when it gets bad my eyes tear too. my face especially my cheeks and the sides of my eyes feel very itchy.

>> No.7283671

>>7283595
You can go for allergy testing. I haven't ever experienced an allergic reaction from a dress but have experienced allergic reaction from unknown things aswell as a coworkers perfume? I think the best thing to do is to keep the dress separate from your others and go to the doctors and explain the story focusing on the symptoms aswell as the condition of the dress.

>> No.7283696

>>7282045

OP here. I would love to see if it's not too much of a hassle!

>> No.7283698

>>7282569

That's lovely to hear, thank you!

>> No.7283728

>>7283663
It's also possible that the previous owner was using a type of laundry detergent that you could be sensitive to. I work in theatre, and at least one person out of 50 or so will have a sensitivity to types of laundry detergents that either have scents or special softeners added to them. There are anti-allergen detergents, but they're pretty pricey. Perhaps a couple more washes with a no-perfume-no-extras detergent like ECOS detergent might help?

>> No.7283894
File: 664 KB, 1125x846, 70.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>3 of my dream dresses appear at all the same time
>can only get two, both have to on plans just to get by
On the one hand I'm fucking ecstatic but I feel like the one left out will be haunting me forever.

>> No.7283908

>>7283894
This has been me several times over the past year... It's okay anon, I'm sure you'll find it again someday!

>> No.7283930

For anyone who went to Frill, what was the name of the tea company that served their (flowering?) teas?

>> No.7283936

whats the deal, when i look in the mirror i am roundfaced but take a selfie in the same spot and i have hollow cheeks. what science is this

not a huge deal but i'd rather look young and round faced...

not strictly lolita related but im sure theres some lolitas with some photog knowledge in here

>> No.7283962

>>7283936
Ha ha same ! I look in the mirror and I'm round faced and in selfies : BOOM ! Long chin ! Maybe it's the angle but taking a selfie straight to my face is so unflattering...

>> No.7284057

>>7283696
I hope it's visible, didn't want to make the file too big.

BTSSB's small lace-topped socks have scrunchy lace, and the lace is also smaller than AATP's lace. It hardly ever shows, really. AATP's lace is wider and prettier when worn, I tried to show it a bit by opening the socks with my hand.

The long lace-topped socks are overall gorgeous, the lace isn't very thick but it's nice and pretty when worn. Hope it helps a bit!

>> No.7284058
File: 1.15 MB, 1000x667, Socks.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7284057
>>7283696

Ah, drat, it dropped my file. Adding it again.

>> No.7284071

>>7283962
ah yes! its funny because they say a camera adds 10 pounds, not for us it seems.

>> No.7284111

>>7283894
Congratulations anon! What dresses are they?

>> No.7284219

This is a bit of a strange question but have you ever made a coord inspired by a song, album, band or novel or have you heard of/seen anyone do it?

>> No.7284227

>>7284219
It's been done before. I also know someone embroidered song lyrics/a poem on a skirt.

>> No.7284235

>>7284227
Do you remember what it was anon? That's pretty cool, I hope it turned out well.

>> No.7284352

>>7283936
I don't know the term for this (maybe some weird form of BDD), but the reason you look so different in photos is because when you're looking in the mirror, your brain sort of tricks you into seeing what you want to see.
I hate linking to Leddit, but a quick Google search had this as the first thing to pop up, and this guy seems to explain it better than me.
http://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/1u0x8o/eli5_why_do_i_look_so_much_better_in_the_mirror/

>> No.7284557

>>7282175
Mine just goes through the washing machine/dryer on 40*C with my normal clothes. I wrap it in a pillowcase to protect the lace, but that's about it. It depends on the lace and such what temperature you can put it on; mine has thick cotton lace but if yours has poly or rayon you might want to do it on a cool wash, in which case you'd need to pre-treat the stains.

>> No.7284675

>>7283936
it has to do with the depth of field in the camera i think
your eyes work better than the camera basically.

>> No.7284678

>>7284675
>>7283936

i'm sorry, *focal length

>> No.7284687

This is why alien faced cheekbone monsters look amazing in pictures and flat faced people like me (forever crying) look awful. I have nothing to cast shadows and depth in a photo so while I am quite pretty in reality in pictures I look like a lump of nothing.

>> No.7284693

>>7284692
They are legit.

>> No.7284692

What's QutieLand?
Are the dresses there legit or fake?
They have a dress I want that is sold out on the taobao site.

>> No.7284695

>>7284692
They bulk buy goods from TB and sell them at a higher price to provide a service to those who don't want to deal with TB. Basically, they're legit, just expensive.

>> No.7284698

>>7284693
>>7284695
Thanks!

>> No.7284709

>>7283930
I didn't go to Frill 2012, but I know they had Lupicia tea which is a Japanese tea brand. Frill 2013 had whatever the hotel served, but I don't remember it being anything fancy or interesting.

>> No.7284802

How can I get people to actually leave me feedback? According to my records, I've had over 20 transactions on the comm sales and left feedback for every single one, yet I only have 5 feedback.
I always remind the person to please leave me feedback either by note or when I last message them, but hardly anyone does. I don't understand how some people have 100+ feedback.

>> No.7284831

>>7284111
I'm an avid Meta fan so they're Swan Lake and Twinkle Journey. I'm sure I'll refind Dim Light one day...one...day...

>> No.7285139

>>7280235
>>7280975
>>7281192
me again....still have yet to hear from martin. has anyone else heard any updates?? it would have been nice if he'd sent a mass email like the shipping confirmation one saying things might be delayed due to the shoe orders coming in....

>> No.7285150

>>7284557
>>7282193
For you guys hand or machine washing your blouses, are these cotton blouses or are they pearskin/crepe de chin polyester ones? I'm unsure on if I can hand or machine wash my polyester blouses instead of drycleaning and could use some advice.

>> No.7285152

>>7284831
That's fantastic both dresses are very beautiful. I'm sure dim light will pop up again. It's nice seeing Meta fans.

>> No.7285180

>>7285152
Meta's camo dresses are what got me interested in the fashion in the first place but I had no way of affording lolita at the time. Lucky for me that I didn't try to get them, my tastes have vastly changed by now but they have a very special place in my heart.

>> No.7285197

>>7285150
I machine wash my pearskin ones, it's fine. Just use delicate settings.

>> No.7285202

>>7285197
Thank you!

>> No.7285219

Does anyone know where to buy rococo style shoes?

>> No.7285252

>>7285219
http://www.american-duchess.com/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/OxfordIsHeaven

>> No.7285321

>>7285252
Thank you!

>> No.7285500

>>7283728
>>7283671
I don't really have the budget to see a doctor about it, but I think I'll wash it again. It's kinda irritating because the dress is so heavy and tedious to iron, but I hope it works.

>> No.7285518

>>7284802
I'll play the bad guy and leave a comment on the feedback you gave them.

"While my feedback for ___ remains unchanged, I just want to note that she doesn't return feedback. She's still a wonderful seller/buyer but she I'm still waiting after x weeks for her to write me feedback. "

If the buyer/seller gives you retaliatory bad feedback for leaving a comment like this I'm sure you can bring it up to a mod.

>> No.7285529

>>7285518
I think these mods are more likely to give you lip for adding comments like that onto feedback after it's been added than for you to need to worry about retaliatory feedback...

>> No.7285531

>>7285500
Maybe soak and rinse it several times as well?

>> No.7285604

Is anyone planning on buying anything from the I.W sale?

>> No.7285616

>>7285604
Depends on what goes up and for how much.

>> No.7285626

>>7285604
i've bought stuff the past couple of years, but it really depends on what ends up being in the sale and how much it's discounted

>> No.7285661

I just bought an IW dress that doesn't have lining. If I sewed my own lining into it, how would it effect the resale value? It's not a popular colour way, I bought it for $85

>> No.7285686

>>7285604
Maybe some headdresses and socks, but that's about it.

>> No.7285692

>>7285661
You bought it for $85 and you're worried about resale?

>> No.7285739

>>7285604
My wallet is ready to do some serious damage.

>> No.7285755

>>7285739
same.
i'm hoping to grab a blouse or two and a bolero in addition to some accessories.

>> No.7285771

>>7285755
I'm hoping to grab a bolero or blouse too.

>> No.7285783

I'm really hoping to get wonder queen but I was wondering what the most popular colorway is so I can avoid the stampede. I'd be really happy with any cut too

>> No.7285793

How much stretch do IW socks have? I have muscular as fuck calves so I don't want to get four pairs and have them all end up warped.

>> No.7285810

>>7285783
I'd guess red since it's like the queen of hearts and red/gold has always been a popular color combo for AP (puppet circus, gloria, etc).

>> No.7285815

With IW's sale, will items sell out/will me being up for the beginning of it really give me any sort of advantage?
It's nearly 1am here, and I've classes in the morning, so I'm debating just going to bed.

>> No.7285821

>>7285793
I.W socks are often pretty stretchy. I have a bit bigger than average calves and they fit me fine. Their patterned socks are more stretchy and longer too.

>> No.7285824

I've always just been okay with getting what I can find but I've finally decided I must have a specific dress. What's my best bet to keep a look out for a specific item or is it just a matter of patience and luck? Can I track a tag on comm sales?

>> No.7285830

>>7285824
Just remain vigilant.
Check comm sales and auctions frequently and post a WTB.

>> No.7285840

>>7285815
Don't worry. A few things might sell out quickly if the stock is really low to begin with, but most stuff hangs around for a while. In the last couple sales I placed my orders during the final days and still got everything I wanted.

>> No.7285858

>>7285810
Pretty sure it went red » black » navy » green in Japan.

>> No.7285864

>>7285858
That's funny, I would have thought the green would be next after the red since it's a more unique color for them. But maybe it being harder to match with other AP is a factor.

>> No.7285875

>>7285858
Welp looks like I'll be fighting everyone for black tomorrow.

>> No.7285873
File: 139 KB, 322x367, 1339471371064.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7284709
Thank you!

>> No.7285889

>Refreshing IW sale section constantly for past hour ;_;

>>7285815
>>7285840
Not necessarily. The past two times I've ordered from IW sales (one last winter, one this summer/fall) there've been a few items that sold out before my order was gotten to. Once a fairly plain headbow, another time an OP and a hairclip.

>> No.7285898

>>7285889
IT'S UP!

>> No.7285899

>none of the socks I wanted on sale
Are you funning me IW??

>> No.7285901 [DELETED] 

>>7285898
Why is it not working for me? Are there two online shops or what?

>> No.7285908

>>7285898
wow, the selection is really not great this time around.

>> No.7285924

>>7285908
Yeah, seconding this. My wallet is safe.

>> No.7285956
File: 53 KB, 250x333, 01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh man, I've wanted this wonderfully tacky thing for a while but it's still a little spendy even on sale but I'll regret it if I don't...
I think aside from this, I just like the long sailor OP, and a couple of the blouses.

>> No.7285967

>>7285692
Not at all, I was curious is all. I remember a post somewhere about a girl selling an item she had altered, and told it selling for more than she originally thought it be worth. Mind you she fixed to a plus size.
I was curious to know how cgl would see the value effect on the dress. Whether it be positive or negative.

>> No.7285976

>>7285908
>>7285924
Seems like a lot of the same stuff they had left over from last sale. Poop.

>> No.7286034

Does anyone know how close to "true black" is the Glitter Seraphim JSK?
The photo is looking kinda dull for my tastes

>> No.7286044

In fact, the photo just looks like it was colour changed in photoshop.

>> No.7286058
File: 258 KB, 480x640, o0480064012090493589.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7286034
They probably did shoop it. Here's a photo from a blog. Looks like a true black.

>> No.7286094

>>7285976
Is it already sold out? The sale page has nothing on it for me

>> No.7286099

>>7286058
Looks good, I think I might buy.
>>7286094
What URL are you using?
The English site should be the one

http://innocent-w.jp/fs/innocentworld/c/sale?sort=03
Unlike the Japanese site you need to use the order form instead of the cart, if that's what you're confused by.

>> No.7286102

>>7279734
My jsk shipped today

>> No.7286106

>>7286099
Oh thanks I could only find http://innocent-w.jp/shopping/sale_e.html

>> No.7286118
File: 281 KB, 1920x1080, Picture 393.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Total newbie here.
Are these little boots acceptable?

>> No.7286125

>>7286118
Cute, I think they're fine.

>> No.7286202

I have a question. I'm newer to lolita and I'm actually kind of browsing around some of the people who are popular in lolita to kind of draw inspiration from them? I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Also how do most lolitas feel about Venus Angelic? I know she is well known for her Bodyline modeling.

>> No.7286236

>>7286202
Venus is not well liked in the lolita community nor do girls really consider her to be a lolita, the modelling for bodyline only happened a few months ago. However there are well known lolitas that are very liked in the community like sirusc (gothic) and Fanny Rose (classic) aswell as Xylia_x (classic very rarely sweet) and technotropism (aristocrat).

>> No.7286240

>>7286202
What styles do you like? Off the bat I can think of herjika, fannyrosie(classic), smilyiris(cute prime), lostnatsu, sirius, hideiv, Venus gets her own threads search them up the archives.

>> No.7286246

>>7286240
Cute otome, my phone did an auto correct

>> No.7286250

>>7286240
>>7286246
Ugh. HerAjika sorry. >>7286236 spells siruisc better than I.

>> No.7286258

>>7286236
>>7286240
Thank you very much!
I am mosly interested in classic and sweet. I think a lot of these will be really nice to browse and look at. I really like Mary Magdalene dresses, but I keep getting worried over sizing! I may buy something from the IW sale, though!

>> No.7286332

>>7286258
Your welcome anon. Classic is so lovely and there are a lot of wonderful classic lolitas around the world. The wardrobe posts on EGL at the moment might also offer some inspiration. Are you Australian anon? I think Mary Magdalene dresses are just gorgeous but like yourself have been put off from purchasing them due to measurements. I also really like Vm but am in the same situation. If there items you like in the sale I'd suggest you go for it although I.W. have oddment packs in April and many girls have got whole wardrobes out of them!

>> No.7286354

Has anyone ever had a brand wallet? Innocent World inparticular. How did it compare to an average wallet?
Thank you.

>> No.7286373

>>7286354
would like to know as well

>> No.7286379

>>7286258
Do it! Make your first purchase count, and worth it. I'd have wished my first purchase was brand from a 50% of sale of even a simple piece.

No, I had to buy from Sky Creations.

>> No.7286384

>>7286379
That's a shame anon. My first piece was an op set from Baby during a sale. It is nice to start off with brand (if you like it, can afford it). I was so amazed by all the details on my rather plain no print op. Although it had 4 different types of lace.

>> No.7286405

>>7286332
Could I ask how long IW would have their sale up? I'm hoping there will still be stuff in a week or so.....

>> No.7286411

>>7286405
A couple of months. I think the sale has run into March in the past.

>> No.7286417

How long does it take for IW to invoice you? I only got the automatic email so far.

>>7286384
Yeah, that's what I found when I ordered a plain piece, the details up close were lovely! Never regretting them now.

>> No.7286426
File: 83 KB, 640x480, a1bd11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

does anyone have any tips on how I could pull off pastels with my complexion? I look like absolute shit in pastel colours, but I adore them.

>> No.7286430

God I really want glitter Seraphim but any short version they only have black High waisted left....problem is I don't really wear black that much when it comes to lolita, should I grab it anyways and hope that someone would trade me for the beige or brown version? Man I'm nearly having a nervous breakdown 'cause I really want it but I'm kinda short on money....

>> No.7286432

>>7286426
>I look like absolute shit in pastel colours, but I adore them.

truth. also there is no help. just wear the goddamn pastels and be happy. who cares if it looks shitty or mismatched to your skintone, you're not living your entire life perpetually on a professional fashion review site are you?

>> No.7286443
File: 408 KB, 160x120, 1371620115105.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7286426
oh my god this feeling........................ im not a jewel tones person at heart at all..

do you know if changing hair colour to something will do anything? I know its mostly the yellowy/olive skin that affects in this case but GOD WHERES THE HOPE

>> No.7286445

>>7286432

I wouldn't care with my normal wardrobe, but if I'm buying expensive loli dresses, I'd like to look nice in them, that's all. I've seen a tip on here before which said to go for a pastel x chocolate coord, which was really helpful. Tips like those were a bit more what I was after, but if it can't be helped it can't be helped.

>> No.7286446

>>7286426
How does light purple, or lilac or lavender or whatever work with you?

I know the only colour close to pastel that works for Deep Winters is a very icy, cool pink. Twinkle Constellation's pink is one, I have it, and I'm also your exact same skin, hair colour and eye colour.

>> No.7286447

>>7286426
Oh and light blue too would work I reckon.
When you mentioned pastel x chocolat coord, I instantly thought of the blue Royal Chocolate colourway...

>> No.7286450

>>7286447
and chess chocolate tho idunno about the gold

>> No.7286455
File: 255 KB, 1600x1182, concealer colors.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7286426
The best you can do is put on concealer and then put on a tinted concealer to change your skin's complexion.
Pic related! some concealer sets have a pinkish concealer and a yellow and green so play with those once you already have on a concealer similar to your skin tone and it helps change your complexion a bit.

>> No.7286459

>>7286455

I'm not a complete makeup newbie, but I always thought concealer was for correcting specific spots on the face? Isn't it too "heavy" to cover your face with?

>> No.7286465

>>7286459
I cover mine with it and it doesn't seem cakey. There are ways to put it on without it looking bad, sometimes I use the tints so I'll suit darker colors better. I actually mix the tints in with normal concealer though so it's not like I'm putting on 2 layers of concealer.

>> No.7286472

I've just placed an order in the IW sale, and I want IW to put "goods to be customs cleared by the importer" on the parcel. I know there was a "notes" section on the order form where I should have written this, but I managed to forget.

So, two questions
1) Will IW be willing to do this on the customs form?
2) Will I be able to email them now/on receiving the invoice to ask them to do it, or will they not want me to do this after the order has been placed?

>> No.7286526

>>7285531
is there any method of washing other than what you mentioned? I always soak and rinse my loli in cold water and detergent.

>> No.7286547

Moonlight Night in ivory anon, it's up on YA again for 8000 yen.

>> No.7286592
File: 360 KB, 1600x1242, CIMG1736.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7286118
I think they are nice, but I also got told on here that I shouldn't wear my oxford heels. I guess it depends on your overall coordinate, because from what I could gather, the issue with the heels like that is they cut off your ankle, so it can make your leg look stumpy. I remember someone saying that if the skirt is slightly longer (below the knee) then it stops your leg looking stumpy but I have no idea if that's true or not.

>> No.7286602

>hunt for dream dress
>after months of hunting cave and buy a different colorway
>few more months pass
>fav colorway pops up... But wrong cut. Buy anyway
>few more months pass
>dream dress in preferred color shows up
>has some damages, few stains and and a tear in the skirt

Dammit I know I should be patient but I keep thinking "this is my only chance." Should I buy it or keep waiting?

>> No.7286610

>>7286592
There's nothing wrong with wearing oxfords. They look good with lolita. Even some of the brands make them (IW).

>> No.7286619

>>7285604
Bought a Glitter Seraphim dress, I'm keen.

>> No.7286642

>>7286602
Buy it

>>7286426
>>7286432
>>7286443
Most pastels lean either towards warm (peachy pinks, yellows, pinky purples, mint green) or cold (icy pink, light sax blue, lavender). Usually people who "don't suit pastels" suit cooler tones so need to look for very blue, icy pastels which are more uncommon in Lolita as most are warm or quite saturated. The other option is to not wear them right next to your face, most of the time you can coord with white, so wear a white blouse/cutsew and go for a skirt/lower neckline JSK rather than OP.

>>7286459
No, you can get concealer that is designed for large area coverage. Obviously stick concealer is supposed to be for blemishes, but some of the cream ones are fine over the whole face.

>>7286592
I think it depends how contrast-y they are too. Solid white tights and then dark colored oxfords will cut you off more than dark patterned tights and dark oxfords as there's not such a clear demarcation with the latter

>> No.7286651

>>7286602
I wouldn't buy a damaged version, especially if it's torn. Who knows, the version you want in decent condition might come up after that.

What dress is it?

>>7286642
Stop encouraging unwise purchases. Also, oxfords don't particularly "cut you off", especially compared to boots.

>> No.7286660 [DELETED] 

>>7285898
Am I crazy? I'm not seeing anything on sale.

>> No.7286666

>>7285604
sent them my order for the cloak and chest pochette.

>> No.7286715

>>7285604
I bought a pair of socks and a purse that aren't even on sale. I think I have problems.

>> No.7286746

>>7286715
I know that feeling too well, also
>lose several auctions
>bid on others
>some more just in case I lose on those too

>> No.7286749

>>7286715
>>7286666
Speaking of bags, are IW bags good quality? I'd hate to buy one that falls apart.

>> No.7286766

>>7286417
>How long does it take for IW to invoice you? I only got the automatic email so far.
During sales it can take anywhere from 1-2 weeks. Their overseas order person only works three days a week at most, so it takes them a while to get through the huge number of orders.

>>7286472
No idea if they can fulfill your request or not, but it wouldn't hurt to email them and ask. I'd do it now rather than waiting for the invoice (make sure you include your name and order number in the email so they know who you are), because otherwise they might end up shipping the package before receiving your inquiry. They're pretty good about answering questions and the worst they can say is no.

>> No.7286784

Sigh. What are the best methods for getting stains out of your dresses?
>ordered secondhand dress, super excited
>gross stains on inside of hem, looks like sexy times were had
>seller takes no returns
I really dont care what happened in this dress, I just want to clean it. Ugh.

>> No.7286792

>>7286784
Did they tell you about the stains on the inside? If not that should be reported back, and you shouldnt have paid full price. Stains a stain, where it is doesnt matter, its no longer a fresh new dress.

>> No.7286793

>>7286784
Oxyclean. If white, bleach.

>> No.7286796

>>7286784
Carbona Stain Wizard in the yellow bottle is pretty good. It helps to know what the stain is (they also have stain-specific ones), but the all-purpose one works well.
Dab some on a test patch to make sure it doesn't hurt the dress print (if it has one), and if that works out then just apply on the stained areas, let it sit for a while, and wash normally.

>> No.7286800
File: 149 KB, 450x675, twin3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7286426
Japanese girls naturally have your complexion, hair and eye colour but they dont give a FUARK about colour palettes in lolita and what their own country's brand pumps out, wear it anyway!

>> No.7286811

>>7286784
Doesn't matter if they take no returns, if they mislead you on the product description they should give you at least a partial refund. Or just claim a paypal refund so take pictures before you clean it.

>> No.7286858

>>7286592
Are those the american eagle oxfords? I was tempted to buy a pair but when I tried them on they were a really wide fit! (I also have narrow feet, but I've never had this problem before) How did they fit for you?

>> No.7286872

Aspie question incoming. I'm going to meet up with this girl I know through our comm this weekend. She's just begun loli and has only two dresses to her name. It's probably pretty rude to wear casual loli, isn't it? I feel it's quite different from wearing loli around normalfags who don't care vs. wearing it around someone who's just begun the fashion, and that it's pretty flaunting and might make her uncomfortable. Should I even bother to ask or should I not wear it at all?

>> No.7286874

>>7286872
Just ask her if she wants to meet in normal clothes or lolita?
That way your either both dressed up or both not

>> No.7286877

>>7286874

Oh. Thanks a lot for the advice, that literally never occurred to me. I'll ask then and see what she says.

>> No.7286881

>>7286877
No worries, I had the same problem a while back so I just asked the girl which she would prefer and made it clear that either was fine with me

>> No.7286882

>>7286749
I don't have one myself, but I've seen some in person and they look great. Not, like, top-end designer-quality, but definitely worth grabbing on sale if you have the money, it won't be falling apart on you.

>> No.7287019

>>7286872
if she likes lolita she'd think it's so cool you wore something from lolita fashion (even if it's in a casual way) and use it as motivation to buy more loli. at least, that's one way to see it.

>>7286800
>FUARK
hahahahaha

>> No.7287100

Wonder Queen came out. They still have some socks and headbows left

>> No.7287103

>>7286872
I'm a newbie and I feel a casual co-ord would feel friendly while exciting me as an introduction into the fashion.

>> No.7287104

>>7287100
Would it be too much to match the socks and headbow with a plainer jsk? I like the design but I feel like Wonderqueen from head to toe is too much.

>> No.7287106

>>7286592
Who the fuck told you that? Oxfords are great especially for classic lolita. Whoever told you that is an idiot.

Lolita is the last fashion to be worrying about stumpyness considering how two typical/style specific shoes are TP's and RHS...

>> No.7287133

>>7287106
That's not to say everyone will look good in TPs and RHS. I think Oxfords are very nice in Lolita but I personally don't wear them with some co-ords because I do find they make my legs look stumpy, and the same goes for certain high heels or shoes with an ankle strap.

>> No.7287433

>>7286749
I bought one of their book bags mid last year, took it to a few international trips and abused it quite a bit, it's still holding up pretty well despite looking a bit worn.

>> No.7287585

>>7287133
Right, I don't dispute some people may not like the look, I'm just saying that claiming they're not acceptable in lolita is flat out incorrect. Classic brands use and make oxford style heels quite often.

>> No.7287695

Apologies for the newbie question but I recently moved to nearby AP SF, do they get any extra stock in store if it sells out online?

>> No.7287714

Missed out not only on a chiffon blouse but also on one of my dream dresses from infiniteneeya's sales post.
Why did classes start today?

>> No.7287985

>>7286602
Keep on waiting. I personally hate owning a stained dress. Its not the same.

>> No.7288037

>>7287104
absolutely not.

>> No.7288105

Apologizing in advance if there's a price check thread and I missed it: But does anyone know how much the DDC pearl choker in white has been going for recently?
I need it and nobody is selling. So I found one on some obscure japanese webshop, but after paying the SS it's going to be like $70.
How bad am I screwed?

>> No.7288147

>>7288105
They're still in stock at AP. I can't remember if they were on sale or not though.

>> No.7288158

>>7288147
Oh.......well damn I look like a boob. I just assumed since they were gone every place else AP wouldn't have had them anymore.

>> No.7288243

Do you think the price of radiant candlelight will decrease or increase over time?

>> No.7288250

>>7288243
Increase. It'll probably be another Gloria.

>> No.7288254

>>7288243
Increase like a motherfuck, unless AP rereleases it.

>> No.7288257

>>7288250
well considering they had several restocks that didn't sell out immediately, there's more stock out there than the Gloria had so yes it will increase, but I don't think it'll be as high as Gloria secondhand.

>> No.7288264

>>7288257
Restocks don't often sell out immediately unless they're widely broadcasted, which they weren't really with RC.
There is definitely more stock out and about of RC than Gloria, but I think it's popularity will hold in the same way that Gloria's has.

>> No.7288505

This is a little late, but >>7286332 mentioned IW Oddment Packs, and I was wondering if anyone knew the general prices that they're probably going to go for? I know they had some earlier this year, are they going to be similarly priced?

>> No.7288521

>>7288505
Aren't they already up and almost sold out? I think I only saw some M packs left...

The ones that have been sent out already don't look very impressive, though, so I'm glad I didn't bite the bullet this year. Summer's were a bit better, and last winter's were the excellent ones as I recall.

>> No.7288529
File: 28 KB, 290x387, 1389250677219.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

No worn thread but I doubt I'm going to get any bites so didn't want to make one for this.

Has anyone ever seen this dress worn or does anyone even own this? It's the closest thing to a salopette I've ever liked (even though I don't think it technically counts as one), but it's hard to find worn pics of many VM items other than their stock pictures.

>> No.7288530

>>7288521
I think those were the lucky packs, oddment packs are different, they go up around April if I'm not mistaken.

>> No.7288539
File: 1.97 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a new Lolita, could I get some conceit on my casual coord?
Other than a lack of many accessories, I'm kinda unsure the qualities that make up a causal coord, without people screaming boring or ita

>> No.7288550
File: 363 KB, 736x1104, 1389251486182.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288539
sorry but that shirt does not work at all
and flats are really meh, theyre usually a last ditch option. bodyline flats would look better. Usually casual coords include simpler, more practical things like cutsews and hoodies and skirts while still including all the interesting bits that make lolita aesthetically pleasing.

>this outfit with an AP skirt or something instead would be a casual coord i'd say

>> No.7288564

>>7288250
>>7288254
>>7288257
I'm not really an AP girl nor sweet lolita (gothic and classic) but I really quite like radiant candlelight. I didn't get it on release as I was not 100% convinced and afraid it might be too short but now I'm really tempted. So I probably should go for it?

>> No.7288567

>>7288539
change flats, add tights or socks, take that shirt off and grab a blouse white or wine but a nice blouse, use some necklaces maybe a bolero and you are set.

>> No.7288570

>>7288539
I would replace the flats with lace-up boots and wear some solid tights. As for the shirt, either change it to an actual less fancy blouse (f21) or add a lolita/frilly bolero to cover up your arms. Add some jewelry and wine/black clip bows/roses or headband to your hair and it'll look more complete!

>> No.7288571

>>7288530
Huh, that's weird. Just went to check and the text on the Reserve item page calls some of them Oddment Packs, however the individual item pages calls all of them Happy Packs.. so I guess you're right? I'm a bit confused.

>>7288539
I'm sorry, but that coord isn't really lolita at all. Please don't take offense, because one of my very first "coords" looked like that as well, but the only thing about that outfit that's lolita is the skirt. Your top and shoes just aren't really loliable at all, and you're lacking any accessories or styling.

As others said, replace the top with a decently frilly blouse (NOT a plain office buttonup), some tights or OTK's, change the flats for a pair of vintage-y heels or maryjanes at least, get a few pieces of jewelry, and a headpiece. Style your hair (or get a wig, but it's not a requirement).

Look around at coord/photodump threads to get an idea of what makes a coord apart from just the skirt. Good luck!

>> No.7288578

>>7288571
Sorry I was wordy already but, thought I would add some tips for casual coords as well (at least, casual in my opinion):

>Cardigans over your blouse add some interest without being too eye-grabbing. I think you can even get away with a normalfag buttonup if it's partly covered by a nice cardigan.
>I find necklaces and rings tend to be the most interest-adding accessories to jazz things up compared to earrings or bracelets. Also brooches, if you're wearing a cardigan, or a collar pin in lieu of necklace.
>Elegant normalfag shoes like oxfords or maryjane pumps will match the look without attention-grabbing for being strange
>Well-styled natural hair will do the same
>Hats or smaller hairclips and bowclips are a great normalfag alternative to huge headdresses or headbows
>Lace or pattern-knit tights in a solid color add interest without grabbing the attention of printed tights

Again, good luck!

>> No.7288603

>>7288571
There was a discrepenacy with the happy pack/oddment pack names on the webpage. This release is happy packs but I would wait until April for Lucky Packs as they seem to be a lot more worthwhile and filled with much more.

>> No.7288612

>>7288550
>>7288567
>>7288570
>>7288571
>>7288578
Shoes, Tights, different top, bolero/cardigan, hair/ & accessories.
Alright thanks guys I'll change and remember that!

>> No.7288665
File: 46 KB, 433x500, shoes267-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288539
I'm not really experienced at coords like you but I decided to try? I really do agree with everyone that your shoes and shirt need to be changed, and your legs look pretty bare. Some accessories or a matching bag might be nice, but I didn't really put that.
>shoes: bodyline shoes 267
>stockings: offbrand, found here but i'm sure you could find something similar somewhere else http://www.ecrater.com/p/18197210
>cutsew: Juliette et Justine http://lolibrary.org/apparel/rose-color%C3%A9es-cutsew (I don't really like this one as much but I feel like it kind of gets the gist of the kind of blouse/cutsew I was looking for?? I couldn't find one lolitable enough offbrand, but i think one that's similar to this in a wine colour would look nice.)

>> No.7288672

>>7288147
No the DDC jewelry is definitely sold out.

>> No.7288680

Btw should I contact the egl sales mods if they haven't approved of a post and it's been over a day?

>> No.7288689

>>7288680
Give it time. It could take up to a few days if there are no mods active.

>> No.7288695

>>7288680
do you allow lj email notifications? when your post is rejected, the mods' message appears in the email but not in your livejournal inbox.

>> No.7288698

>>7288147
The stuff with the big plastic beads is on sale

>> No.7288731

>>7288680

Pretty sure there are post that are about three days old still on the first page, so I don't think they missed it, but are extremely slow.

>> No.7288744

I really want to be able to wear classic/casual lolita every day. I more or less dress that way anyway (lace, high waisted skirts, tights, etc) with a few brand skirts and cutsews thrown in. What are some good online shops for offbrand, more loliable clothing? Preferably things that don't require drycleaning.

>> No.7288749

>>7288744
Taobao would have some options for you aswell.

>> No.7288786

>>7288744
maybe axes, yumetenbo, fint, and other casual brands? aside from taobao.

>> No.7288892

>>7288698
Link of what you're talking about? Every SS I have tried to get quotes from told me they were all sold out.

>> No.7288896

>>7281839
Chill bro. A lot of people still recommend her, she's just clarifying that she doesn't want that particular service. She isn't bringing in any new drama.

>> No.7288904

>>7288892
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/day-dream-carnival-pearl-choker
This stuff

>> No.7288909

I only know so much about SS in Japan, let alone what AP keeps in stock in its stores, but I want to know if either the 3-way or Tote faux leather chocolate imprinted bags are in stock anywhere in a brick and mortar since they're sold out online. Would they or does AP online just source all orders from what's in brick and mortars instead of using its own stock pile?

>> No.7288911

>>7288909
sorry I meant to say I only want them in the Regular and Bitter chocolate colors. I admit getting into lolita late for not grabbing one when released but I'm still gonna try

>> No.7288921

>>7286749
Not as good as AP. They don't use real leather like AP does.

>> No.7288922

>>7288921
AP uses fake leather too

>> No.7288924

>>7288922
Okay, they used to use real leather then.

>> No.7288934

>>7288922
yeah, noticed that too

does anyone know any brands that have bags that withstand? I'm sick of buying and losing $20 bags in under 6 months and will support any decent lolita brand first before buying elsewhere.

>> No.7288955

Which SS lets you bid in real time on YA and has fees similar to Japonica (5%ish)? I know there is one, but I can't remember which one it is.

>> No.7288961

>>7288955
From japan

>> No.7288962

>>7288924
Not at $100-150 a bag they didn't

>>7288934
Just buy a good quality leather bag from some Western store, you can get one for the price of Japan's crappy fake leather no problem.

>> No.7288964

>>7288961
Thanks! I thought it might have been them but I think there are others with similar features. Do they only bid on YA? I see no option for Mbok. Sorry!

>> No.7288967

>>7288962
I'm pretty sure you are wrong.

>> No.7288969

>>7288964
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Got it, thanks!

>> No.7288971

>>7288962
more specifically lolita brands I meant, hence asking the lolita thread, going into the store and getting a bag from there is obvious option. I want something kawaii though.

>> No.7288973

>>7288964
unfortunately mbok isn't live bid :(
does any other do automatic bids to ya besides FromJapan?

>> No.7288974

>>7288967
Nope. Try checking the price of leather in Japan.
Though I think the quality of the synthetic leather they use has gone downhill

>> No.7288978

Baby. I have a BTSSB heart bag, that I bought off of a local lolita who got it secondhand. I've taken it travelling and it's been great. It's also a very traditional bag. I've heard good things about Meta and I.W bags.

Has anyone ever had a brand wallet, how are they?

>> No.7288979

>>7288971
Check out what bags are currently being sold at lolita brands, then. I'm not sure what help you are asking for right now.

>> No.7288981

>>7288979
I think theyre asking for who actually makes long lasting bags.

>> No.7288983

>>7288971
Zatchels has some nice leather bags that come in kawaii pastels, polka dots, and even Hello Kitty

>> No.7288993
File: 197 KB, 1100x1100, 1389277803491.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7288971
Brand purses are way too cheap to have ever been made out of real leather. Jane Marple has made purses out of leather, but it costs more around 30,000 yen.

Maybe try Samatha Thavasa? If you want a leather bag, that is.

>> No.7289060

>>7288971
Honestly, even topshop has been putting out some cute ones recently. Lolita brands aren't known for the quality of accessories at all

>> No.7289147
File: 21 KB, 135x180, 1389286696703.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not really lolita, but I'm looking for lolita-like dresses in longer length, like the one classic brands release from time to time.
Possibly offbrand, easy to wash, any color, thanks a lot !

>> No.7289163
File: 468 KB, 500x375, 1366115733368.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Welp, just got the bill from IW.
>mfw 6100yen shipping

>>7288993
I'm not a purse person and I rarely like "normal" bags, but that one is pretty cute. I like the color selection they have too (lots of pastels). Looks way nicer than that tacky faux-croc crap I see everywhere.

>> No.7289165

>>7289147
I'm selling a grey one from IW in the long length: http://lolibrary.org/apparel/isabel-op-0

>> No.7289175

>>7289165

Sorry I'm not really into lolita, I just want something fancy to wear so brand might be a little over my budget, thanks anyway

>> No.7289178

>>7289163
Can I ask what you ordered? Was it shoes? I considered getting the oxfords but I was afraid of shipping.

>> No.7289191

>>7289178
I got three heavy OPs and a blouse so I knew I was going to get killed by shipping but it's still kind of painful to actually see the number.
I don't think one pair of shoes will set you back nearly as much but maybe some other anons who have ordered shoes from Japan can give you a better estimate of what to expect.

>> No.7289194

>>7288904
No, I know what you're talking about. I meant link me to this "sale" you're talking about. Because all of the SS are saying it is sold out.

>> No.7289196

>>7289165
Ooh how much anon? Is it the long version?

>> No.7289199

>>7289196
It is the long version and it's NWT. I currently have it up for auction at Lacemarket for 135, and 200 bin, but I'm willing to take offers.

>> No.7289216

>>7289194
I actually just found an egl post selling the white necklace. I just was really hoping for lavender...meh.

>> No.7289343

>>7289163
You got your invoice? I'm still waiting on mine and I've had trouble receiving PayPal notifications from IW earlier. How long should I wait before I email them about it?

>> No.7289356

Hey all. I'm getting rid of my meal plan for college so I'm going to cook more often. I feel like it's be a nice touch to have a cute apron to cook with.

Anyone recommend some cheap loli aprons? or general cute ones? I searched generally in ebay and didn't find any that I liked.

>> No.7289362

>>7289356
is there a daiso near you?

>> No.7289369

>>7289362
I just googled it, nope!

>> No.7289391

>>7289163
When did you place your order, if you don't mind me asking? I got one in after close of business on Wednesday, still anxiously hoping I get everything I ordered.

>> No.7289413

>>7289391
I got my auto reply around 10 am eastern time on Wednesday. I guess I need to calm down but it makes me nervous that I've had problems before. My invoice didn't come through until I got a notification that it was due. I'd hate to miss out because of a Paypal error.

>> No.7289485

>>7289163
Where are you and how much was the order itself? I'm in the US, and when I bought the IW Lucky Pack B pack in October for about $850, shipping and other fees was $200 on top of that

>> No.7290063

What type of blouse do you wear beneath a sailor collar?

>> No.7290289

>>7290063
None or a turtlenec

>> No.7290350

>>7289343
You can email them 3 IW business days after you put in the order. But during Lucky Pack season, expect a delay. I didn't get an invoice for two weeks when the October Lucky Packs were for sale.

>> No.7291022
File: 128 KB, 1024x627, 1389337646475.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I'm a frequenter of both /cgl/ and /a/ and I was wondering why don't we put together/have a sort of general lolita guide similar to what the buyfags have here >>99953267 ? Something that we could post at the top of every general thread so we can stop asking the same questions over & over.

>> No.7291045

Does anyone know where I can find classic loliable watches? I never see people talk about watches but I really want one or two for accessories.

>> No.7291058

>>7290063
you talking about a loose sailor collar on its own?

any collarless blouse. maybe even a cutsew.

>> No.7291062

>>7289191
Aww, thats like 15-20 dollar shipping per dress/blouse which isnt bad at all, you're just killing all the birds with one stone.

>> No.7291069

>>7291045
What does a classic watch even entail? Theres plenty of watches sold commonly that'd fit that aesthetic.

>> No.7291074
File: 37 KB, 250x333, IWsailor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7291058
I think anon means a jsk with a sailor collar, excuse the picture for ants.

>> No.7291075
File: 32 KB, 1280x720, BOO HOO.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BOO HOO!!

> Dear Anon,

>Thank you for your order with Innocent World. >Unfortunately we must inform you that the Glitter Seraphim Jumperskirt in Black/Long M is sold out. Please let us know by sending a new order if there's any other item you would like instead.

>Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding,
> Innocent World

Oh well I'm going for the brown one now. Srsly thought that one would be more popular though. If anyone has regrets buying the black version, hit me up, my email's in the field.

>> No.7291088

>>7291069
I guess any sort of leather band or pearl band watch but all the ones I see in regular stores are just too plain to pair with lolita.

>> No.7291108

>>7289194
It's only in physical stores right now, but the online sale should be starting soon because they removed a bunch of stock

>> No.7291122

new thread >>7291121

>> No.7291164

>>7284058

I love you, anon!
The long Baby lace looks... odd. But I'm really digging the short AatP lace and it looks really really soft. This helps very very much, thank you for all your time and help! :D

>> No.7291424

>>7291075
They actually replied to you? I made an order about an hour after the sale started, and nothing.

>> No.7295703

>>7289356
I like Anthropologie aprons. They can be pricy but I get them on sale. My favorite is completely covered in cream crochet lace and it's adorable and even machine washable.