[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 174 KB, 750x750, i never been this high.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7277540 No.7277540[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Just a curious talk about drugs and cosplay.

As much as I have gotten high during after parties of cons, I have never been high in costume. Thinking of doing this at a con in March with edibles. Also shrooms but i am not experinced with those yet>

>> No.7277556

Speaking from experience, hallucinogens at a con can be either really really awesome or absolutely awful.
You have to be in a pretty good state of mind or all the crazy costumes and loud people will really mess you up.
If you decide to go with anything harder than green, start in your hotel room and wait for the peak to pass before wandering off anywhere. Also, have someone sober to keep an eye on you

>> No.7277558

Get out of here you fucking degenerate shit.
I hope you get a bad trip and start ripping your hair out and thinking worms are eating your skin like in Go Ask Alice.

>> No.7277582
File: 71 KB, 279x216, 1333319671229.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7277558

you should chill out anon. Its really not that big of a deal.

anyway, OP, I've only ever been high or drunk after the con activities and I also really want to experience the con itself while on something...probably the best idea would be rolling on molly. all the hugs.
I'm afraid of going to a con while tripping on acid or shrooms in case of someone's costume freaking me out or sending me on a bad trip.
as far as weed or alcohol go I was just never able to do it because of a person who was always in our group who is one of those annoying kinds of straight edge people...

>> No.7277588

>>7277582
>I was just never able to do it because of a person who was always in our group who is one of those annoying kinds of straight edge people...

Like Mr. >>7277558

>> No.7277603

Drugs are fine to do, but PLEASE for the love of fucking god do it in your room. Don't go roaming the fucking con while you're high as a kite and ruin it for other people, just relax in your room and have fun or something.

>> No.7277628

>>7277603
I don't see how roaming a con while high would ruin anything for anyone??
I mean yeah if you end up doing stupid shit because you're high then fine.
but just walking around being high won't hurt nobody anon

>> No.7277637

>>7277628
I've had cons ruined by people lingering around while high and it's not pleasant, they're just like smokers

>> No.7277800
File: 13 KB, 405x328, 1316390288517.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7277637
>letting a bunch of harmless high people ruin your convention by apparently doing nothing to you

>> No.7277857

Shit yeah OP! I've always wanted to spend months and hundreds on a costume, then drop $60 on a con badge and then get so blitzed I can't remember the con and end up ruining my costume because I thought it was made of bats or some shit. Fucking ace!

>> No.7277867

>>7277857
>clearly has no knowledge of drugs outside of what they tell you in health class

its really not that bad anon calm your titties

>> No.7277863

>>7277637
>These people are doing something I don't like!
>A bloo bloo bloo bloo!

>> No.7277874

drink: yes
weed: yes
molly: its okay, but i would save them for better things
shrooms: dont
lsd: dont

>> No.7277873

>>7277558
>ripping your hair out and thinking worms are eating your skin
>>7277857
>ruining my costume because I thought it was made of bats or some shit
You guys know Reefer Madness was propaganda and not a documentary, right?

>> No.7277876

ITT: Potheads thinking they're the shit.

You're fucking annoying and you always stink up the rooms you come into.

>> No.7277886

>>7277876
ITT: Straightedge faggots thinking they're the shit.

You're fucking annoying shitting up /cgl/ with offtopic threads. Go shit up 420chan or something, this isn't the board for drug talk.

>> No.7277891

>>7277886
This is the most fucking retarded thing I've read on /cgl/ in a long time.

Christ.
Get madder, fag.

>> No.7277892

>>7277857
You're aware not every drug is acid, right?

I don't get high at cons, but holy fuck, you're stupid. As if a bunch of potheads really think their cosplay was "made of bats". You trolling?

>> No.7277912

>>7277886
>You're fucking annoying shitting up /cgl/ with offtopic threads
>this isn't the board for drug talk.

And why are you getting mad at the people wanting the potheads to go away, exactly?

>> No.7277918

>>7277912
Because they're probably high.

>> No.7278304

People always start off at their first con like "I'm never going to do drugs!" and a few years later it becomes "Maybe I won't do cocaine in the bathroom"

>> No.7278308

Anime conventions, the perfect place for drugs, sex, picking up mentally deranged girls, video games, cosplay, mlp, homestuck, and marvel comic!
NO ANIME EVER!

>> No.7278311

>>7278308
What's anime?

>> No.7278312

>>7278311
Some stupid cartoon from japan for pedophiles.

>> No.7278314

Whilest I don't mind drugs all that much, being high as a kite doesn't seem like the most mature thing to do at a con.

Like >>7277637, it doesn't always end in fun. I wouldn't compare them to smokers though.

If you're getting high and you're off doing your own thing, fine by me. But it's the people who get obnoxious, loud, wild and downright annoying that ruin it for the rest of us.

So I'd rather have it that people would do it at home than at cons. Or that they understand that this is a con and not their private party.

>> No.7278330

>>7277540
I'm going to be going to Otakon this year after a 5 year break.

My tolerance for weaboos has gone down a lot since high school. I'm mostly going as a bonding experience with my old high school friends now that I'm coming "back."

I may need drugs to get through this and edibles seem like the way to go. Thanks for the idea anon.

>> No.7278341
File: 37 KB, 750x680, 1375404304727.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This will be my first time smoking at a convention. Anime Los Angeles to be exact. Just look for a buncha drunken cross faded TF2 characters.

Im excited.

>> No.7278350

>>7278341
>TF2
>anime
>drunk
Please remind me why the fuck you people think you belong?

>> No.7278354

I'm a daily weed smoker so cons aren't any different for me....I just go sit/stand a bit farther away as to not do that in people's faces, never got into trouble.
Then again I'm Belgian so yeah (right next to Holland)

>> No.7278372

I could never do it at a con. I always need very relaxing environments when on drugs, even with Mdma (On Mdma I am actually one of the few people who do not want to be constantly hugged. I like being petted though or stroking through peoples hair, just less clingy contact) In my afterglow it would be fine walking the con floors, but when I would be in my peak, I would be freaking out. I hate loud and crowded places when I am sober and this is amplified when I am on drugs. So I prefer just sitting at home with friends who are the same as me and just talk in soft voices.

>> No.7278393

hello i am teeemmoo. I went to kawaii kon on half an 8th of mushrooms. I went into a room where i thought eyeshine was playin, but they was just filming some weird music video. I was shirtless and they told me to put on a shirt so i left in a furious rage. After i wondered the con floor in absolute fascination. It was all such a surreal experience. A low dose of drugs will make the con experience very pleasant! please use drugs responsibly

>> No.7278412

>>7277582
On the flip side of that, I've had my costume messed up by people who were either too autistic to function or super high. They also seemed to like hugs and didn't want no for an answer, so I got bear hugged around both arms and they broke my prop jewelry.

OP, it's pretty obvious when you're high and you'll be out in a public setting. Call me old fashioned, but it doesn't sound very adult of you to probably sound and act just crazy homeless person.

>> No.7278416

>>7278393
Sooo, you took drugs and then you went out with an inappropriate choice of clothing and got "furious" when asked to change.

Would you describe that as a totally normal mature action and that you taking drugs didn't affect the experiences of anyone around you?

>> No.7278427

>>7277874
I'd say yes to weed, no to drinking. Weed is fine, harmless, and fun. I can tell you for fucking sure, though, 70% of the board has at least one shitty story about babysitting a friend who decided to get drunk at the con. Getting drunk is not going to make the convention more fun for you, I guarantee. If you're getting your money's worth at a con, you're actually doing shit at the con. You're going to panels, you're meeting artists/actors/writers, you're buying shit you can't otherwise get easily. Going to a good con probably means sacrificing one event for the other because your schedule should be crammed full of cool shit.

I'm not even going to get into HOW much getting drunk is going to make you a nuisance because I guarantee some people are going to be like "You don't know how GREAT and coherent and FUNNY I am drunk, I am never a burden to anyone I go with" and maybe 5% of drunks at a con are like that. If you think you're in that 5% you are not.

It's great to meet your friends and have a drink, but save it for after con hours. Having some drinks in the hotel room or at a bar is always a good fucking time for my friends, but we're adults and we know how to time our shit so that even if someone has too much or gets hung over they'll be good for the con

>> No.7278434

>>7278427
Agreed.
People drink to get tipsy, nobody drinks to get drunk. Its one of the fixations of the younger generations, beats me why. Maybe because when you're drunk "anything is acceptable".

You know what? Even if people say otherwise, on the inside nobody wants to have to deal with a super-drunk friend, nor is it an excuse for anybody to do anything. Regardless of age.

>> No.7278442

>>7277540
i usually smoke a bit of weed but that hardly really has an effect on anything apart from a nice way to meet people and chat

taken lsd once and didn't like it. it was all too overwhelming and stressful. ended up going home, which was much nicer. i don't like taking lsd at parties or clubs either so i don't know why i did it at a con

taken mdma twice. was great. made me really appreciate the "free hugs" people for once. also made it easier to approach and talk to people, obviously. there's always a bit of teeth grinding and jaw clenching and dancing around a bit and standard, mdma "gushing" talk but i don't think people minded too much

alcohol is always good just because it's the most "social" and "normal" and everyone else is doing it. most of the cons i go to people are drinking to get drunk so that's fun

>> No.7278446

>>7278434
I don't understand why people wanna get drunk. I like being tipsy, because I am shy as fuck when I am sober and have more self-esteem and social skills when tipsy. However when I am drunk I just sit there feeling dizzy and really tired and I don't feel like doing anything. Why do you wanna be in that state?

>> No.7278449

I only go to dutch cons but most people get drunk at the party in the evening. The people who don't, usually go to sleep early I guess?
Normally I don't drink TOO much at cons but last time I did and puked all over my pretty boots :<

>> No.7278450

I tend to drink at cons, but the real key is moderation. If you're too drunk to be out in public, then you're too drunk to be at the con. The con is not there to babysit you. if you can keep a handle on yourself, great. If not, find some friends who will.

also, for people who like drinking and cons, if you're in the northeast I cannot recomment Nauticon highly enough. The whole convention is 21+ and includes con sponsored room parties

>> No.7278452

>>7277558
>>7277857
acid does not do this to you

>> No.7278457

>>7278446
Because perhaps not everyone gets into this weird state that you just described.

>> No.7278459

>>7278449
Oh and sometimes we get a bit tipsy during the day. I don't think people notice because most dutchies are already very outgoing.

>> No.7278462

>>7278442
I am >>7278372 and the teeth grinding is also a thing why I would never do MDMA at a con. I would be so afraid someone would mind it, while at home I can just chew on those plastic sticks that hold your lollipop to my hearts content without people finding it obnoxious. And I really wouldn't do it without gum or anything to chew on, because I have a really strong jaw and I don't wanna end up breaking my teeth, because I am clenching/grinding to much. I've seen my dad managing that without drugs, because he clenches when he is under a lot of stress and I don't wanna do that to myself. As for the gushing talk, I think no one minds receiving compliments. I mean it is not as if you are talking hours about how nice someones eyes are or something. At least I don't. I usually leave it at ''I like your X so much, insert reason here. Wish I had X like that. You know what I like you.''

>> No.7278466

>>7278457
It is just how I feel when drunk and I know other people who do to. But even when you are not like that. Why aim to be an obnoxious asshole without boundaries while you can just be perfectly nice being tipsy

>> No.7278468

>>7278452
Acid was like going to hell and back for me. The trip started off really good, me and my friend were walking around my apartment laughing constantly. The floor was glowing and the walls were shiny. Well, things were continuing good so I sat down on my couch. I have a rug with a spiral-ish pattern on it and the pattern was totally chaning(almost like watching TV). Well things started changing color, from white, to yellow, to bright orange, to green, and so on. Well after a longwhile, my rug started darkening and the bright orange it was started turning red and the border was turning black. This really freaked me out and I closed my eyes and tried to relax.
So my walls are white normally. Well they had turned green and dark purple and my friend turned into somebody totally different. He had black markings on his face and was carrying a knife. I watched his eyes get really squinty and turn gold. Freaked out, I go to lay down on my couch. He was staring at me from across the room when I realized his eyes were now completely black and he was starring me right in the eyes. I was absolutely mortified, my vision went totally blurry, started sweating, felt dizzy, and well felt like I was about to die.
I could say more but the fact is, my acid experience was horrifying and will probably never do it again. I talked to my friend afterwards about it and he was also having a horrible trip.
I think it would be an absolutely shit idea to do acid at a convention, what if everyone looked like that on an acid trip you went on one time? I felt like I was going to get killed by him and I hardly recognized him even though he was my friend.

>> No.7278470

>>7278462
i actually put a tiny chip in my front tooth a few fridays ago because the bouncers confiscated our chewing gum on the way in

if i'm at a con i won't dose as high so my chat isn't too bad. if i'm out at a club it's just, like, shouting at someone "you're a great dancer" 5 or 6 times and giving them thumbs up haha

>> No.7278476

>>7278468
jesus, i've never had anything near that bad. what kinda dose did you do? and are you sure it was acid? did you test it? sounds like an rc or something

>> No.7278480
File: 3 KB, 300x57, acid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7278476
I don't know what happened. I got the acid from my other friend who at the time sold drugs and stuff before I lost contact with him last year.
He told me it was acid for sure and if I took it I'd be fine and that acid wasn't that bad.
Captcha: acid Euroti

>> No.7278482

>>7278446
I'm the anon you replied to
re-read my post. I dont get why people want to get drunk either.

I'm chalking it up to
1) Petty idiots think they can "hold their liquor" more than their peers and want to see them drunk and make fools of themselves. So they encourage everybody drinking know that they themselves wont get drunk as easily (and end up getting drunk anyway ha)
2) Petty idiots want to see other people drunk and make fools of themselves (or think they might be able to sleep with them) but drink very little themselves, then "act drunk". When reprised for stupid behaviour they take out "oh I was drunk sorry". Nobody believes them.
3) People feel insecure at the small amounts of alcohol they can ingest and want to show their friends they're in the cool ring.
4) People legitimately forget how many drinks they've had and drink too much.

As to the effects, there are generally angry drunks, happy drunks (hyperactive), overtly flirty drunks, sleepy drunks and hallucinating drunks. All of them are equally annoying to deal with with regards to getting sure they get home/to bed.

>> No.7278484

>>7278468
I feel you bro, even though my friend changed in something I liked. His face started to contort into some kind of tiger face. I was already in the jungle mood, so I didn't really mind him being a tiger. But I know how frightening it can be, because at one point my friend said ''Holy shit, I think I just saw a person over there'' (It was just a shadow on the wall) and he was really scared. And once you are scared it is not easy to get out of it.

>>7278470
That sucks man. Why did they confiscate your gum? I am still thinking about doing M at a rave, but not sure seeing how I prefer more easygoing environments. However I love dancing when sober. And I think dancing when on M might be a real blast, and well dancing in a room just isn't the same.

>> No.7278487

>>7278476
>>7278480

Once the glands/area of of the brain responsible for fear get activated, its very easy to get into a downward spiral. It generally differs from person to person.

People that have sleep paralysis know this, its the difference between lucid dreaming and horrifying sleep paralysis where you think aliens are trying to put rectal probes in you.

>> No.7278490

>>7278484
i assume because it promotes drug use and people could really easily hide stuff in it so it's safer just to take it

>> No.7278498

>>7278482
That seems to explain things. I think the flirty drunks are the most annoying. Those guys you don't even like that hang around you all evening thinking they got the moves and that no matter how annoyed you react, they won't get that you are not interested at all. Especially if they are really forward and keep asking if they may kiss you and telling you how pretty you are. I always feel really awkward at such moments.

>> No.7278503

>>7278490
Guess I just bring lollipops with me then if I ever go to a rave. Even though last time I scraped my mouth with them really bad, because I kept twisting the little stick around while chewing. I didn't even notice until the next day where my mouth was hurting and when I looked several spots in my mouth were all red and kinda swollen.

>> No.7278545

>>7278446
Agreed. I'm shy, and often come off as unapproachable and, depending on situation, little to be a little tipsy. (Overdid it once because I was nervous around my group, got sick, ruined Saturday night. Always be aware of how much you're drinking.)

>> No.7278552

>>7278350
Of all the fandoms. TF2 has got to be one of the better top 10, but then again most videogame cosplayers are. They keep to themselves, they don't cause drama, and they are a hilarious collective bunch who always accepts new people.

They are what cosplaying is all about.

>> No.7278561

>>7278552

I may or may not have been smashed while cosplaying as Demoman

>> No.7278574

>>7278561
shh anon, it's in-character so it's okay amirite guise

>> No.7278638

>>7278452
>>7277892
>>7277867
>>7277873

Yeah, people never do crazy shit on drugs. Its not like there are countless crimes that have been committed because someone got high. It's not like that guy ate that homeless mans face in florida a few years ago. Nothing bad ever happens on drugs!

>> No.7278745

>>7278638
That's PCP and shit you moron

"drugs" is a very very very broad category with lots of different effects, this is not an after school special

>> No.7278760
File: 32 KB, 499x624, nIZvrpS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love getting blasted on a few different substances, but usually I save it for raves and clubs. Cons are just so LONG that I really would rather the clear head and sleep, so usually I go light.

Weed: fun, but too much and you won't know what's going on and it sucks. Also your hotel mates will hate you if you stink the place up.

Alch: Getting moderately slitczhed and wandering the evening con events is awesome. Even more fun if you're caffeinated and crossfaded!

Molly: Save it for the dance. IMHO with molly either REALLY do it, or don't.

LSD: on a MILD dose ( ~75ug or less), acid just causes some euphoria and pretty colors, you can still hold lucid convos just fine. I wouldn't go over cause you're just gonna want to retreat to your room.

Shrooms: Comparable to LSD but... shrooms ALWAYS give me the farts and a stomach ache (why I stay away now). Considering everyone already eats like shit during cons this just sounds like a disaster.

>> No.7278761

>>7278638
That homeless guy ate bath salts, that shit is bound to make you crazy. There is a difference between the crazy drugs and stuff like weed, MDMA. Go be straight edge on tumblr

>> No.7278789

>>7278761
Look at this guy >>7278393 getting mad because he was inappropriately shirtless while on drugs.
You people are literally degenerates.

>> No.7278805
File: 87 KB, 436x700, 1370216629087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A bit of weed would be fine. I sometimes dread dealing with people when i smoke a ton so i'd avoid that.

Alcohol would also probably be fine but sometimes you go over the limit without meaning too and you gotta take care not to smell.

Molly would be amazing :3 I'd wear sunglasses though.

I would never do acid or mushrooms though. I mean maybe you'll be able to handle it and the vibes will be amazing, but it's a bit of a gamble and it's just not worth it.

>> No.7278840

>>7278761

Yep, no one ever commits heinous crimes on "lesser drugs"

This woman didn't kill herself and 7 others
>http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/driver-deadly-taconic-crash-diane-schuler-drunk-marijuana-system-article-1.394195

And this guy didn't go apeshit after eating pot cookies
>http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/448026

and this crazy bitch didn't hit a guy with her car and just left him wedged in the windshield till he died
>http://articles.latimes.com/2002/mar/08/news/mn-31784

>> No.7278861

>>7278840
Those people were all already mentally unstable. Plenty of people commit crime without drugs.

>> No.7278862
File: 80 KB, 600x740, 1388867413959.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't tell you how many times I've been high at cons. It's pretty nice but I find drinking better for the most part since it really opens me up to be social, which is why I'm there in the first place. Being high does have its merits though.

It's really good for going to a show and chilling out, like a concert or a panel. It also makes standing in line so much more enjoyable. Ditto for walking long distances like if you need to get to a gathering. Oh man, gatherings are great high too since you can bask in your high bliss while the photographers snap away. Basically it makes all the boring parts of a con enjoyable and all the fun parts even more fun. Unfortunately it tends to make me much slower in general; walking, talking, responding, planning, etc. so if you actually want to get shit done and not take it easy it's better to stay sober.

I've never ruined a cosplay while I was high or drunk, but I have spilled some stuff on them a couple times. I do that when I'm sober anyway so whatever.

Probably the hardest part is finding somewhere to smoke. I guess if you're bringing edibles it doesn't matter as much, but I'll explain anyhow. The easiest way is to get a hotel room with a window that opens and where nobody can really see you. This is more based on luck unless you specifically ask for a room like that. If that's not an option I've found parking garages to be great places to smoke. Nobody hangs out in them and there's plenty of places to hide. Joints are best for this sort of thing.

Also I've been hella high while wearing my Satori cosplay hahahahaha

>> No.7278867

>>7278862
Oh yeah, I also have one rule I try to stick by. No drinking until after 18:00 and no smoking until after 16:20 (heh). Sometimes I'll break this rule if I know not much is going on but I'll still only do it lightly.

>> No.7278870

>>7278862
>smokes
>in Touhou cosplay

I wanna be your friend, dang

>> No.7278872

>>7278561
I admire your in-character commitment to your cosplay.

>> No.7278874

>>7278840
>>7278861
This. There is no such thing as a completely sane person who suddenly snaps on drugs. The problem is innate to the person. Same goes for stuff as benign as alcohol and tobacco. People use them as excuses for doing shit they want to do when sober.

>> No.7278877

>>7278861
Agreed. I never had issues with people on drugs, while some drunk or even sober people where trying to get me into a fight with them or did some crazy shit. It all depends on the person

>> No.7278919

>>7278861
only one of them was specifically diagnosed with something. People commit crimes without drugs, but they obviously do it under the influence as well. I guess when you want to do something badly enough you will blind yourself to the facts. I love that you defend the usage at cons specifically, a breeding ground for socially inept kids with babby's first mental illness. Con kids are not mentally stable, have you ever been to a con?

>> No.7278923

>>7278874
>there is no such thing as a completely sane person choosing to do drugs

Fixed that for you

>> No.7278927
File: 17 KB, 252x256, 1385802912290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7278923

>> No.7278930

>>7278919
Stop shitting up the thread with your drug hate. Not everyone reacts the same on drugs. So stop implying we are all batshit here. It is getting really annoying. I just wanna read experiences people had. Not your constant whining

>>7278923
You must be fun to hang with.. It is called experimentation. People are curious. Nothing to do with sanity

>> No.7278967

>>7278930
>Not everyone reacts the same on drugs
Yes, that is exactly my point. You keep saying no one ever goes nuts and causes problems, yet there are accounts all over the place of exactly that happening. Why do you assume there is no possibility of someone trying something at a con and having a bad reaction?

Also, it's really hard to shit up an already shit thread.

>> No.7279000

>>7278870
A friend of mine smokes in his Tenshi and Sanae. Personally, I could never do it; seems like it'd do bad things to the white colors in the dresses.

>> No.7279088

>>7278870
Thanks! If you want to chat sometime hit me up on skype: artenori

>>7279000
That doesn't tend to happen with weed smoke like it does with tobacco smoke. As long as you don't blow the smoke on it and never wash it it should be fine. I make all my cosplays machine washable so it's no big deal anyway.

>> No.7279125

>>7278930
Not either of them but drugs are for degenerates.
You're consciously paying a bunch of money for shitty things that hurt you and hardly do anything good like they'll make you see pretty colors or make you giggly or want to hug people and you all know that these things could really fuck you up one time and make you do something completely retarded or hurt people. Even pot is shitty, why do you need something to change how you act and make you an annoying giggly idiot to have fun?
Drugs don't seem very cool anyways. It basically is like "hey look lol I'm so cool I just paid a bunch of money for this shitty thing that will fuck up my brain and make the walls a different color and might make me go on a homicidal rampage lel also it's illegal but who cares the government just doesn't want us to have nice things. Fuck the establishment I do what I want :^)"
Druggies make me sick.

>> No.7279173

>>7278503
This is why rave chicks carry around pacifiers or mouth guards..

Personally I smoke pot on daily basis and I've been bringing my vaporizor to Otakon for 6 years now.

I have a lot of anxiety and it really helps me get through my periods (which always seem to fall during a con). I've been a daily smoker for 5 years now so it doesnt affect my motor skills but still helps relieve pain and calms me down. But a few years ago I was in a car accident and seriously injured my neck and spine.. so instead of being prescribed pain killers, muscle relaxants and sleeping pills, I just smoke and I feel better.

Soo Its not like I smoke POT just to go hehehehehe I'm so hiiigh look at meeee weee lets go plaaayy..

And money wise, I used to grow and now have friends who grow for me so I pay little to nothing for it... and since I vaporize I'm not inhaling tar or anything that is necessarily bad for you.

I haven't done any other drugs except Shrooms which I really enjoyed the 3 times I tried about 1.5g.. I don't smoke cigarettes nor drink and I'm 24yo.

>> No.7279179

>>7279125
>>7279173

I'm as much of a druggie as the people who are prescribed legal pain medications and anxiety medications yet those have all kinds of horrible side effects and repercussions...

Not all pot smokers smoke to get high and that mentality is what's preventing research and funding for it to be accepted for medical use.

For a fun bit of reading look up thr article about a little girls cancer being helped by a strained named after her called Charlottes Web. Thanks to her a lot of children with cancer are finally getting the pain relief they need.

>> No.7279940

>>7278446
got drunk at a con once and regretted it completely.
granted it was after the con-day was over and everyone was either at the rave or just hanging out anyway, but I ended up going back to my room afterwards, waking up all other 9 people in my room puking my brains out and they found me passed out in the bathroom. I wreaked of vomit in the morning and had a hangover from hell with a costume that needed to be finished still to be worn that day. Everyone else was dressed and I was laying there spinning.
it was horrible.

>> No.7279950

>>7278484
If you do M at a rave, or anywhere really, you need to make sure you remember to keep hydrated. it is so easy to become dehydrated on M, and especially at a rave. Thats why people usually end up dying or in the hospital at raves and parties because they get so fucked up they forget to drink enough.

>> No.7279968

>>7279179
She was severely epileptic, but your point still stands.

Most of my trips aren't for fun either. I have a lot of stress and can barely sleep at night, because I keep over-thinking things. So usually when I use drugs I use them to relax a little. Because really if I don't sleep at all, because of all the thoughts then I become a rabid bitch. So I rather use drugs once in a while to calm down then become insufferable and grumpy.

>>7279950
That's no problem with me. I like drinking water when on M, feels so nice and cold. And getting water for myself and friends always makes me happy too, because I can stretch my legs a little by just walking and my friends always appreciate it when I bring it to them, because they tend to forget and when they see the glass they are like ''Oh yeah, water... oh man thanks I was actually thirsty, but didn't really notice''

>> No.7280816

>>7279125
Pish posh. I do molly (a little over once a month), get drunk, and smoke pot. And yet somehow I got good grades, graduated, and have a steady job in the field I want to be in?

You only ever hear the horror stories and morons, the rest of us don't wanna get arrested.

>>7278484
Doing molly at home and/or in a "safe" place with some of your BFFs can be wonderful. Great if you're not big into crowds.

>> No.7280833

Smoke weed all day at every con. It's fun. But every single picture anyone has ever taken of me and my friends is bad because of it. Posing well and looking nice just aren't a priority when you're high as fuck.

>> No.7280861

>>7280833
yeah this is the only real issue I see with being high at a con.
dem glazed red eyes

>> No.7280906
File: 45 KB, 600x911, 1334583926000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Smoking at cons is pretty common, it just makes everything more mellow for me. Probably handy if you're gonna be camped out taking pictures all day. Don't really do edibles so I don't know about that.

Wouldn't try any hallucinogens or molly in the day, at least to me that shit seems like it would be kind of overwhelming for a con. Maybe at night when there's stuff going on.

I'd honestly just have a few drinks and smoke a little if you're looking to hang around all day. Harder shit prob best reserved for an event worth doing it at.

>> No.7280964

>>7280816
I hope you have a drug test and get fired. Good jobs should belong to people who are sober.

>> No.7280977

I usually smoke with friends at cons, I prefer it over drinking because I get hangovers really easily.

I've done LSD, MDMA, and 25i-NBOMe (an rc) several times (along with Adderall type meds, love the awake, hyperfocused feel). Had some great experiences and some bad. Molly would be fucking excellent at a con, but I'd never ever wanna take LSD and especially not an rc (too much anxiety). I feel like it would be conducive to a pretty horrifying trip. LSD especially is really beautiful if you have the right setting. For me it's less visual hallucinations and more of a complete change of perspective. I spent a while sitting in a huge walk in closet, in total darkness, perfectly still and imagined myself to be floating in a void, in space. Pretty neat thing to experience. Though I have had some crazy visuals, like a blue flower pin turning into water and flowing through my fingers.

As long as you don't abuse the shit out of them, certain drugs can be a lot of fun. That said, I wouldn't do PCP, meth, heroin, ketamine, etc.

>> No.7280988

>>7280964
did your daddy do drugs or something? you seem awfully butthurt to still be lurking this thread just to try and insult and lecture people who choose to do drugs.
no1curr anon.

>> No.7281197

>>7280977
Wait, was the lsd, mdma blah blah blah AT a con? Or just in general?

>> No.7281204

>>7280988
no1 who matters curr about you getting high.

>> No.7281247

>>7281197
In general. I was expressing the desire to use MDMA at a con, but not lsd or 25i.

>> No.7281283

>>7280964
Heads up, the powers that be don't give a shit what you do in your free time. That's why nowhere outside of McDonald's drug tests.

Entertainers, artists, and fucking politicians have taken drugs and succeeded just fine in life.

From the assumptions you're making about what it's like being high and what kind of people take drugs, I'm guessing you're a straight-edge fun suck? The kid in the corner at the party that kept going "youuuuu guiseeeeee that's illegallll" when a J got passed around?

>> No.7281287

>>7281283

It depends. It's definitely fodder if you're a politician and you're hated by everyone. Or anywhere high up, really.

>> No.7281297

>>7281283
>tfw have a job that requires DOT physical exam
>includes a drug test
>have to get tested if I'm ever in an accident

I wish they only did impairment tests, since smoking pot while not on the job does not at all affect my performance. Such bullshit.

>> No.7281304

to everyone bitching at the straight edge/anti-drug folks.

You DO understand the fact that most of these con kids are going to be the straight-edge people who associate drugs and alcohol with the "evil" "bad kids" of their schools, right?

ya know, the ones who're all goody-two-shoes and think they're good and better than people who don't do drugs.

I'm just sayin'.

>> No.7281415

>>7281283
Good luck getting any job that isn't menial office work (and even then they test) or entry-level work.

Seriously;
You ain't makin' much more than minimum wage if you're a fucking cracker.

Get over yourself and get into the real world.

>> No.7281430

I'm surprised this thread is more approving. I signed in to /cgl/ chat with and old tumblr name that referenced drug use and people were pissy about it.

>> No.7281439

>>7281415
>You ain't makin' much more than minimum wage if you're a fucking cracker.

>cracker

wait what?
do you even know what you're saying anymore?

>> No.7281457

>>7281283
I work at McDonald and one of the head managers is a stoners. Another manager deals weed. They don't care either.

>> No.7281480
File: 596 KB, 500x698, 1386018582455.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281415
My previous office drug-tested everyone because the same building had a factory floor in it. Even though I wasn't at the factory, the insurance policy was "we'll lower your premium if EVERYONE in the building does the test" so they made everyone do it.

Then I took a higher paying position at a software company and no. one. cares. Drugs aren't even in the employee handbook (which covers stuff all the way to reporting hours if you're a reserve Idaho national guard member. We're not even NEAR Idaho).

One of the heads of the IT department got only a verbal scolding after he kept going out, partying all night, and coming straight into work in the same clothes.

>>7281304
THAT would make a lot of sense. When I was in HS the kids who did drugs were huge douchebags about it, and I usually stayed far away. Hated them so much.

Guess it's good the real world isn't like school?

>> No.7281492

Most people don't consume this substances responsably.
And by "responsably" I mean that whilst they're under the effects of it they don't do anything that may make other people feel uncomfortable with their presence.
There are many other attendants at cons who have payed for their tickets and that don't deserve to have their day ruined by somebody who's stoned.
Whilst you can get high or drunk at other places, they can't enjoy most of the things you can find at cons outside one.

>> No.7281500

>>7281492
I think it really detracts from an attempt at intelligent conversation when you misspell simple words.

>> No.7281516

>>7281492
Can you please clarify how someone else smoking ruins other people's experiences? People that are high generally are content, pleasant, and easy-going. Weed tends to make you paranoid as fuck and hyper aware of keeping out of the way of others. Being high on weed is not like being drunk.

If someone's day was somehow ruined by interacting with a high person, they need to nut the fuck up. I don't understand how talking to a goofy person at a con full of sperglords, TEH YAOIS!! fangirls, or people who still think saying "the game" in 2014 could possible lessen someone's con experience.

Also people in this thread clearly have not ever spoken to drunk or high people unless it was their 55-year-old alcoholic uncle.

>> No.7281525

>>7281415

I've never ever gotten drug tested for a job and I make a lot more than people at this board do, I've never even had it come up.

>good luck getting anything more than a job at McDonalds LOL

McDonalds drug tests because it's expected, well respected positions do not.

>> No.7281526

>>7281500
My bad, I'm not an anglophone.
If you could be a kind grammarnazi for me and respost what I said with corrections, that's be great

>> No.7281528

I'm going to buy a lot of weed legally in Colorado and smoke it before going to NDK just on the principle of pissing off straight-edge bitches.

>> No.7281532

>>7281516
I'll give you a brief example: My best friend, when high, tends to stand very close and just stare at you in utter silence.
We, as his friends, find it funny. But I'm sure it would make other people feel uncomfortable.

>> No.7281538

>>7281532
Does he do this to strangers or just to you all as friends? Also, weed is not that incapacitating. If someone said "dude, step off" to a high person, they would. You're still very, very much in control when you're high (at least on weed, that is).

>> No.7281536

>>7281516
one of the hella-turnt people here: acting "off" can totally bother people and I consider it impolite. "he's on something."

You need to know what you act like while effed up and plan accordingly.

>> No.7281545

>>7281536
I don't know. Socially awkward people and spacey people (of which there are maaaaany at anime cons) act just as "off" as high people. I don't see how encountering one weird person could ruin your whole day.

But yeah, definitely know your limits etc. Don't smoke for your first time at a con.

>> No.7281547 [DELETED] 

>>7281516
Not everybody is "content, pleasant, and easy-going". There's already people who are right assholes when sober, and who suddenly think that they're great and superfunny ideas that involve irritating other and even more of a good idea when high.
Imagine one of those "TEH YAOIS!! fangirls" that you mentioned being stoned or drunk.

>> No.7281556

>>7281516
Not everybody is "content, pleasant, and easy-going". There's people who already are right assholes when sober, who think that they're great and have superfunny ideas that involve irritating others and that think that these ideas are even better when high.
Imagine one of those "TEH YAOIS!! fangirls" that you mentioned being stoned or drunk.

>> No.7281562

>>7281283
Laws regarding drug testing vary from state to state in the US. I work in the medical field and we get drug tested every few months, even for nicotine.

When the jobs you reference are entertainers and artists and politicians, I can only imagine that you have some seriously warped perspective.

I don't think the other anon was worried about the illegality of the drugs, but that people who take drugs tend to act like irresponsible, dangerous retards and try to laugh off their behavior afterward.

>> No.7281561

>>7281430
Was it 3edgy5me?

>> No.7281576

>>7281538
That is exactly the opposite of how I've seen people on weed act. The paranoia made those guys angry.

>> No.7281578

>>7281556
Yeah, if they're rolling or coked up, maybe. But garden-variety weed isn't going to do that. I assumed by "stoners" you were referring to people who exclusively smoked weed, but your definition seems to be more inclusive.

Also fujoshi tend to be extremely anti-drug, anti-alcohol, so I'm not going to worry about a problem that doesn't exist.

>> No.7281593

>>7281562
I work in translation and have never had to take a drug test. My mother, who is even higher risk job and frequently deals with confidential information under a NDA has never had to take a drug test.

I referenced creative types and politicians to demonstrate that the widespread usage of recreational drugs. Whether people like it or not, drugs are becoming more and more popular. Eventually, people are going to come in contact with them, and it's best not to deal with them by throwing a tantrum when they're mentioned.

Also, just to throw this out there, I've smoked pot four times in my life, and never in a place where it would disturb someone. Every single time it was in a private residence and not dangerous occurred. Maybe reconsider your D.A.R.E. view of the world?

>> No.7281598

>>7281593
Wow, shit grammar. On my phone.

>> No.7281600

>>7281578
Yeah, sure we are.
Same as lolitas don't have sex and don't smoke, and gamers are all fat virgins.
Stop putting everybody in the same wagon: people who act like real jerks when they're high DO exist.

>> No.7281612

Only jobs I know that require drug test are government or state positions, medical fields and homedepot/mcd.

My SO just got a job as a chef at an assisted/independent living home and he had to take a drug test. He took a 10 day break, ran a few miles everyday, drank a shit ton of cranberry juice, water and niacin and passed... No more drug tests and making $20+ an hour plus benefits.

I also worked at a highclass CC that had members, like the owner of the Ravens football team, and they did coke and smoked a shit ton of weed yet look at their status.. paying $25k a year for a country club..

I'd say at least 50% of 16+ MD smoke weed, I mean its so freaking common where I live

>> No.7281610

>>7281600
Have you ever personally come across a high fujoshi that ruined your entire con experience?

>> No.7281619

>>7281610
I think even if it doesnt ruin your "Con Experience" being irritating to someone else if only for a few minutes... is still just rude.

So I'm gonna continue to advocate that those of us who get turnt (from slightly to hella) make sure we're being respectful.

>> No.7281621

>>7281610
No, but again: stop generalizing. Just because I'm lucky to not have stumbled upon one doesn't mean somebody else in the whole wide world hasn't.

>> No.7281622

>>7281526
It's spelled responsibly, not responsably.

>> No.7281632

>>7281600
your logic works the same for both sides then

stop assuming that anyone who drinks or does drugs is going to be a psychotic retard who ruins your fun time

>> No.7281642

>>7281632
At no point I said that everybody does so. But since there is a possibility that one of them may do so and there's no way I can predict who, I would prefer for them to consume whatever they feel like somewhere else.

>> No.7281650

>>7281621
Lol, ok so I can't generalize the bulk of stoners as normal people but you're allowed to generalize them as con ruining degenerates?

People that get drunk or high at the cons that you choose to remain sober for pay the same fee as you do to get in. As long as security or management isn't bothered by them, they have the same right to be there as you.

>> No.7281654

>>7281642
ah sorry, didn't reverse-read enough posts.
Figured you were the anon that's been bitching this whole time about us "degenerates"

You do have a point. If someone doesn't know how to control themselves or they aren't going to be smart about their intake they shouldn't do any drugs at a con.

>> No.7281668

>>7281654
Oh, no. By no means do I think of you as degenerates! Anybody can do as they pleaseas long as it doesn't bother others. I'm talking about people who get high and act irresponsibly because that's the thread's topic, but I think that nobody who finds pleasure in mistreating others should be allowed in.

>> No.7281674

>>7281668
Goddamit my engrish summed with my phone's autocorrect are making me type like a retard. Very sorry.

>> No.7281715
File: 30 KB, 450x375, 23-9-95.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>hallucinogens/dissociatives
>PCP, Dex, Shrooms, LSD
Probably the top tier of the most STUPID drugs to take and go out in public with. Especially if you've never experimented with either and are doing it on a whim. You will likely have a panic attack and get yourself, or others in trouble/hurt. Don't do it. Even experienced users can't predict when they're gonna have a bad time.
>amphetamines
>namely mdma aka 'molly'
The second most stupid drug above alcohol to take out in public for one reason only: Unless you've tested it yourself (I'm looking at you Murrica) YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S IN IT. So many people confuse methadone highs for mdma highs. Methadone kills people and can especially take a toll on someone with no tolerance. It's especially common in those damn pressed pills kiddies love to pop at convention 'raves' because it's cheap to produce that way. One of my friends took two fake supermans at a rave once, we had to bring her home because her heart rate slowed down to the point where her extremities turned a bluish purple and the rest of her body turned dark tan. She didn't eat or sleep for three days, and had withdrawal symptoms for four weeks straight including mania and depression.
(Oh and fun fact: Let's say if you do have a massive panic attack or get into medical trouble, hospitals will not know how to treat you).
>alcohol
Well let's assume for a second that you're not having the responsible limit of one or two beers. Getting drunk out in public is never a good thing, especially with minors and very protective parents around. I haven't met too many people that could handle themselves being drunk out in public.
>weed
Probably the only acceptable drug to take BEFORE a convention.

Seriously people, I don't mind a pre-game but leave your drugs at the hotel or at home. Unless it's an 18+ con you're around minors and other sensitive weeaboos.

>> No.7281770

>>7281715
>panic attack
>on shrooms
lol okay virgin

>> No.7281780

>>7281770
>>7281715
(I'm not the guy who just posted the meme picture) I dunno if "panic attack" is the right word, but the one time we did shrooms we had to spend a significant amount of time reassuring a friend he was, in fact, not dying. While he wasn't "panicking" it certainly wasn't something I'd want to spend time at a convention dealing with and making a scene.

Me and the other people who did 'em were fine but still, not something for a con.

>> No.7281783

>>7281770
>hurr caus i ain't nevar had panick a-tac on shromz means it dun happen dum virgun xD
Oh look, this idiot. What baseless insult will you throw out next?

>> No.7281788

>>7281780
>While he wasn't "panicking" it certainly wasn't something I'd want to spend time at a convention dealing with and making a scene.
This. Meanwhile I'm sure people like >>7281770 have never touched a psychedelic in their life.

>> No.7281800

>>7281788
I do shrooms all the time faggot, otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

Acid - yes, PCP - def yes, LSD - totes

Shrooms? Who the fuck has panic attacks on shrooms.
>>7281780
Your shit was tainted and your friends a bitch

>> No.7281805

>>7281800
>I do shrooms all the time faggot
Lol, like I said
>MUH EXPERIENCE=EVERY OTHER PERSON'S EXPERIENCE
Shut up faggot, a quick google search will answer that burning question.

>> No.7281806

>>7281800
>talking about PCP, calling people bitch and faggot

Troll or really shitty person? Who cares because you'll never win an argument with 'em.

>> No.7281811
File: 14 KB, 400x400, 1377488390123.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>People talking about weed being dangerous
One of my favorite things to do is smoke a spliff outside after a photoshoot with new and old friends.

I was on acid and drank and smoke as Howl (Puff the magic Pendragon) at Otakon this year, it was a fantastic time.
Just be safe, have at least a partner in crime, and go have fun.

>> No.7281997

>>7281800
You can go very bad on shrooms. I once got nauseous because of them and started throwing up. The throwing up made me panic and then you go down the slope of madness. At one point I started hallucinating so bad that I thought the flowers in the garden were overgrowing and getting thorns and I started hearing demonic sounds and voices. If it wasn't for my former boyfriend to notice me crying underneath one of the trees it would have been a very bad experience. Luckily for me he told me that what I was hearing where just angels fucking around with those thingies that make your voice all screwed up. So I could laugh about it and steadily go back into a nice trip. But yes shrooms can send you into panic if you are not careful

>> No.7282044

I personally dont do drugs, and only drink on occasion, but I never get smashed, but I always let my dudes and dudets get destroyed if they want to, especially at cons, they've never done anything stupid crazy, mostly they just wander disoriented as shit, personally I have a blast, they usually mumble hilarious shit all the time and don't know what the fuck they are doing, so just find a friend you trust who doesn't care and have them keep an eye on you, least thats what I do, if you've got a "straight edge" everything including soda pop is the devils juice kindof person, I hate to say it but just drop em for the occasion

>> No.7282049

>>7281525
What's your job hippie?

>> No.7282051

>>7278412
>wears retarded gay costumes
>talks about whats adult
>kek

>> No.7282352

>>7281561
Eh, maybe. It was stonerchan. I used to make polyvore lolita coordinates with matching bowls and pieces. Anon threatened to out me to my comm so i stopped.

>> No.7282391

>>7282352
Fucking weeb.

>> No.7282454

>>7280906
i'd only ever take lsd during the day if i wasn't at home. walking around at night, in the dark trying to find your way back home isn't fun when you're on acid. trust

>> No.7282466

>>7282352
I feel like if you're gonna get stoned in Lolita, you should skip the pieces and bake it into adorable little snacks instead.

>> No.7282469

>>7282454
Troof. Psychedelics have a major mood & environment influence, really best to only do them in safe pretty happy places with people you like.

>> No.7282529

>>7282466
Not the anon you responded to, but I like to make space butter and spread that over various items. I also smoke weed in my lolita, too.

>> No.7282568

>>7281715
Finally, something actually fucking sensible. Best response I've seen all day, since neither the straight edgers or the people with no sense of social boundaries appeal to me.

>> No.7282571

>>7281783
I laughed.

>> No.7282578

>>7281715

>stupid to take MDMA in public

MDMA trips in public are by far the best thing to do

>> No.7282803

>>7281283
haha what? I'm not sure what doped up planet you live on but I work in a creative field and I've had to take a drug test for 2 of the 3 jobs I've held. I'm really not sure why you used politicians as an example wither considering any link to drug usage can tarnish your record. Do you just not keep up with current events and politics?

I wish I lived in such denial, it must be awesome to be able to look at facts and dismiss them completely because you would rather do the opposite. It must be nice to be so self serving.

>> No.7282810

>>7281283
so the only way you know to have fun is to get high? That so sad.

>> No.7282848

>>7277540
This whole thread is filled with shitheads who are trying to defend acting like a space cadet in public. No one cares what the hell you do in your private homes, you're a fool to do drugs in public.

It doesn't matter how smooth you think you're acting, I can guarantee that anyone who looks at a druggy for more than a few seconds can tell there's something wrong with you.

>>7282051
Really.

This thread is full of shit posters.

>> No.7282855

>>7282848
You think a thread full of young 20's and blow jackoffs who think doing drugs is the shit is going to be full of good posting?

Naw.
It just proves why cons are shit.

>> No.7283535
File: 358 KB, 1280x800, 1371428802435.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Smoking weed at cons with my cosplay group is the funnest thing, since you can be in-character for it.

It seems like there is a lot of misinformation about how people act on drugs in this thread. Really it's only people who are inexperienced, who do not know how to handle themselves on drugs who cause problems like those stated in this thread.

Think about it like drinking. You wouldn't go to a bar and take 10 shots the first time you drank, so don't come to a con for your first time on LSD.
But, much like with drinking, and how you can handle a couple beers before the rave and somehow manage to hold yourself together, if you know how you act on a drug and it's appropriate then have fun. It's a con, and you won't be alone in your adventures.

>> No.7283582

this thread and op's picture got me thinking: how common is smoking weed in japan?

>> No.7283617
File: 2.94 MB, 297x348, 1388633153687.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to try weed at a con
>have no idea where to find it
>am scared shit might go wrong if I'm not with a friend
>am also scared hotel staff might catch on and the police fucks me over
what do?

>> No.7283652

>>7282578
No, you're cherry picking my post.
>namely molly
Just because someone deals you 'molly' and says 'yeah brah it's totes mdma~' doesn't mean it's just mdma. Anyone with experience with street drugs knows this.
You're different because you likely get your mdma from a trusted source, or test your supply before you take it (or maybe you're used to the drugs that your dealer cuts it with).

Some goofy ass kids at raves slamming down pills that some shady dick sold to them as 'molly' are putting themselves in danger.
Did you hear about the recent Electric Zoo deaths?>>http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/overdoses-of-molly-led-to-electric-zoo-deaths/?_r=0
>Mr. Russ had taken a fatal mix of MDMA and methylone, a closely related stimulant that is also often sold under the name molly. >Methylone is one of several stimulants and psychedelic drugs often used by drug dealers to cut MDMA, law enforcement officials said.
So I'm sorry but no, don't tell everyone who takes something marketed as 'mdma' that they're gonna be okay, it's irresponsible of you because you don't know what's in their pills.

>>7282848
Get off your high horse. A druggie may be obnoxious, but I'm sure nobody appreciates gawking at your boogers when your nose is that high in the air.

>>7283582
If it is common the users are probably very quiet about it because getting caught with weed in Japan can have severe financial and long lasting social consequences. Not to mention it's expensive as shit ($60+/g as opposed to America where in most places it's $10-20/g)

>> No.7283687

>>7283652
did you pick the wrong post? I'm not following the convo here.

>>7283617
1. I hook u up lil nigga dun worry
2. hotel staff will only care if someone reports the smell or they smell it themselves. Even then I have a hard time seeing them call the cops.

(There's an easy fix anyway: eat it! find or make edibles.)

>> No.7283695

>>7283687
I replied to three different people. Care to explain which one is supposed to be you?

>> No.7283710

>>7283695
the "namely molly" cherry picking one. Also I'm not anyone in this thread you were replying to, just a drive-by user reading the convo.

(Though I agree with what you said about molly)

>> No.7283721

>>7283687
I wouldn't mind trying edibles but I have no idea how to make/get them, and my friend that does know how to isn't around anymore

Everything's worth trying once, right?

>> No.7283727

>>7283617
best way would probably talk to a group of people, and just flat out ask if they smoke, because chances are they do. look for the right kind of people, if they look weeb as fuck they probably dont

>> No.7283737

>>7283617
>older friends
>less nerdy friends
>friends who seem to go out and party

Worst case is, the answer will be no

>> No.7284016
File: 64 KB, 256x256, 515780de92bae.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Been high twice and didn't like it. Was in costume both times, which was fun, but personally weed makes me way too anxious and awkward in crowded situations. Alcohol's mentally better for me, but it makes me so effin clumsy and prop-breaky. Cosplaying Ibuki Suika has been a blast every time though, under any influence.

>> No.7284050

>>7284016
>drunk suika
I should try that one day

>> No.7284192

>>7282810
honestly yes. apart from perhaps listening to music and going to art galleries, i only ever have fun while being on drugs/drunk these days

>> No.7284196

>>7283617
First time u smoke it u probably won't enjoy it or even get high.

>> No.7284251

Sheltered people who have no idea what being drunk/high are obviously against it.

However, some of us do know that you can be these things without just being impaired assholes. Use your brain and don't act like an idiot and you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend LSD or mushrooms though, because there's always the possibility of a bad trip.

If you know your limit, go for it. If you don't, don't. Besides, you'll be less annoying than half of the aspies there either way.

>> No.7284291

>>7284192
uh, I think you have a problem bro

>> No.7284316

>>7284291
okay, tell me what else there is to do? please don't say "watching anime" or "playing video games"

>> No.7284365

>>7284251
It's hard to use the brain when drugs directly affect the brain.

You have to test your limit prior to the convention to arrange the dosage that's both enjoyable and manageable.

>>7284316
Aren't cons enjoyable enough by themselves?

Perhaps usage of drugs has impaired your brain's ability to regulate dopamine levels.
That's the cause for depression among drug addicts. You dried up.

I'd suggest sports or cooking, even better as a part of a tournament. Even if you don't have as much fun in those activities, you'll be able to harvest the fruits of your effort, with a stronger body and a stronger appetite.
Making them a competition makes the result a little bit better and usually more fun, as long as you play along.

>> No.7284376

>>7284365

wow I hope I don't cut my finger on how straight edge you are

>> No.7284428

>>7284365
dunno, like, at uk cons everyone drinks in the evenings. drinking is such a waste of money though so i'd prefer to do something else that's more fun and cheaper

cooking is a drag and doesn't interest me at all. there's no point taking part in a tournament of something that you're bad at. i do actually go running three times a week. i don't enjoy it though, i just do it because i like being skinny

>> No.7284456

>>7284428
Well you aren't going to be any good at anything if you don't do it at all. That's true of most activities, because a certain level of skill is needed which usually comes with repetition and practice. That's like saying "I'm never going to make a prop because I don't have Volpin's skill level", no one was born a professional. Some people start with more or less talent than others, but I was always told that I should try skill based activities for at least 6-8 weeks, and do them consistently for that time period, because that would give me a chance to be okay at it and make it more fun. I'm going to try to learn some basics of handbalancing and do some tricking and acro stuff this year because it looks freaking cool, plus I can free YouTube tutorial in my flat with a bunch of cushions for the basics.

>> No.7284459

>>7284428
Also, if you like art has creating stuff -painting, drawing, sculpture - ever interested you? A lot of creative types say they get their inspiration high but do the actual creating "sober"

>> No.7284492

>>7284459
i used to be an art scholar and rank 9 in the uk at fencing (for my age group) but then i stopped doing them when i left school and went travelling (way before i got into drugs). i would take them back up now but how bad at them i've become really depresses me. i sometimes draw and paint a bit while on acid but nothing really serious

>> No.7284519

>>7279125
how much money have you spent on cosplay loser

>> No.7284527

>>7284492
That sounds like me and piano, but instead of travel it was trying to get into the uni course I wanted. It makes me frustrated every time I touch the piano especially because a lot of my friends continued playing and are now much better than I was. I'm thinking of taking it up again though because I used to really love it and there are still pieces I want to play, but idk if I can cope with what's likely to be months of practice and regaining skill plus I'd have to get a piano and probably start having lessons again. Although at least we both know we can be decent with practice, because we were previously at a higher level. It would suck more to do it and then make no progress.

>> No.7284818

I don't know about all of you but when my friends and I get high none of us go do stupid retarded things, no one is annoying or obnoxious. Also no one has to worry about baby sitting one another..

We like to sit and watch older movies or play board games and card games.. Risk, munchkin, CAH, yugioh, mtg, hearts, etc.

Sometimes we go on long hikes or walks around the local park, bike rides you name it weve prolly been "stoned" for it.

Now is there a time I don't smoke? Yeah. Right now I'm at work, haven't smoked since last night and won't smoke until I'm home from my 8hr shift. And after being on my feet all day instead of taking 600-800mg of ibuprofin, IIll just take a few hits out of my bong and start working on my kigurumi or styling one of my wigs.

At cons I like to bring my vaporizor that way I can still smoke when I would like but not have any smell on my clothes or breath

>> No.7284851
File: 809 KB, 500x281, oiajm245.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OMG so I was tripping on this yesterday and I want so bad to have an anonymous forum only for stoner lolitas. I thought of a facebook group but most of us wouldn't really like having our real accounts associated with drugs (including me).
Someone please do it? Can we at least try to count how many of us there are out there? I'm guessing a lot but I could be wrong.

>> No.7284914

>>7284316
literally anything. Go hiking, take up a creative hobby (paint, sculpt, draw, sew, bake), take some classes at a community college, read a book, play board games with friends, do a puzzle, join a sports team, volunteer at an animal shelter

If you literally have nothing else in your life that gives you joy or happiness then you sound like you have an addiction problem and should seek help.

>> No.7284993

>>7284851
I'm willing to bet you'd get a DECENT, but not huge turn out. Maybe expand the idea to include other geeky and con-going crowds?

Have one board for all of it and then it's breaking down into the "who's throwing parties at PMX" thread, "cute edibles ideas" thread, general Hookups and get to knows, etc.

>> No.7285135

I took 4 drops of acid around 8 PM Saturday at a con recently and was frying til about 4 AM and overall it was a good time, I just chilled around, didn't bother anyone, and no one really bothered me.

>> No.7285436

>>7284016
and now a suika? touhou fandom getting turnt

>> No.7285524

>>7284851
I want this, anon.

>> No.7285659

>>7283617
I hate to make an racist remark against my own race, but the black people at cons usually deal. 'tAlso the ravers as well. Look for people who don'd look weeabooish or extremely young.

>> No.7285672

So question

How does one person doing drugs and drinkign alcohol ruin the ENTIRE con experience for you? I can see if this person was a friend or somebody close to you and they drag you into their bullshit, but if it jsut a random ass person who you don't know, unless they did something major to the whole convention, learn to ignore them.

Honestly, if you let one person who you don't know and doesn't directly mess with you ruin your fun, oyu really need to learn how to grow tougher skin

>> No.7285732

>>7278789
>>7278416
Wow, nothing about that post seemed even remotely serious.
>hello i am teeemmoo
>half an 8th of mushrooms

>> No.7286492

>>7285436
She's character wise never sober, if anything that's just accurate

>> No.7286587

>>7277540
Benzos (mostly Etizolam) have always been pretty good. Just takes all anxiety away, obviously, and lets you approach random people and talk freely without any anxiety at all. There's even a very tiny bit of euphoria at higher doses. Only downside is the reduced motor skills and that, if people do start drinking, it's going to potentiate the shit out of it and you'll get absolutely wasted and behave like a moron and you won't remember any of it. It plays pretty nice with weed though.

>> No.7286704
File: 64 KB, 500x500, mll2rp8XuK1qmo0obo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7286707

>>7277540
Well, here is a legit response to anon since this turned into a completely unhelpful shitstorm. Don't do shrooms at a con for the first time-- can be hard to control yourself on them. Also, you can get really paranoid around sober people. If you are around a lot of people, especially strangers, their faces can morph/look funny/seem scary.

Just toke in the hotel room and have fun!

>> No.7286719

Dear OP. When I first started going to cons I would smoke joints all through out the time. Before I walked in, when my friends would go out to have a cig, whenever I was outside basically. It was fun but you end up smelling bad.

I also go to cons while on speed and/or molly. It's fun and exciting, makes everything that much more intense. But be careful, some people can't control themselves and end up being/looking like crack heads. Don't let that be you, it ruins the con for everyone.

>> No.7290403

>>7277558
You already know what kind of response you are going to get from this and so instead of an interesting thread unfold, you've ruined it.

Nice going champ.

>> No.7290559
File: 61 KB, 396x407, 1282072190918.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This threads really got me interested in getting high at a con. One question though:

I currently live in a student house, and i've not triggered the smoke detector in my room. I always assumed weed just doesn't set smoke detectors off. Is this a safe assumption?

>> No.7290562

>>7290559
Smoke sets smoke detectors off.

>> No.7290573

>>7290559
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS.

>> No.7290577

>>7290559
Cover the smoke detector with a plastic bag and tape it around.

That's what I do anyways

>> No.7290828

So what drugs would be best to attend a lolita tea party on?

Also, any good conventions coming up in Colorado? ;)

>> No.7290832

>>7290559
Is your stupidity a result of weed? Or is that all natural college student stupid?

>> No.7290872

I just get a couple minis and sip them throughout the con to keep me social and talkative but not too tipsy.

>> No.7291338

>>7290559
you're very, very lucky

>> No.7291339

>>7290828
hydrocodone

>> No.7291612

>>7291339
i laughed at first and figured this was a joke response but the more i think about it the more i think this would be the best

>> No.7291614

>>7291612
fuck lolita tea parties i want a lolita opium den

>> No.7292103

I smoke weed errday in kuhsplay

>> No.7292679

>>7286704
>this whole thread