[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 14 KB, 320x248, tumblr_lpyherfquJ1qj3j6p.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7275501 No.7275501[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What really grinds your gears /cgl/?

Say it, get it off your chest.

>When people wear their cosplays to social gatherings that aren't appropriate for cosplay.

>> No.7275516

WEARING TENNIS SHOES IN OUTFITS THAT DON'T FIT IT AT ALL
ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE DOING A PHOTOSHOOT

>> No.7275532
File: 5 KB, 275x183, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People thinking you must be a shit cosplayer if you haven't made a Facebook dedicated to yourself or if you don't have a lot of likes.

Bitch, I was here years before you and I was popular without having to "network" to get my name out there.

>> No.7275550

The cosplay community is being ruined by the likes of JNig wannabes that put more emphasis on showing off tits to pander to their creeper social network followings than craftsmanship.

>> No.7275551

>Ask a character cosplay blogs

Holy fucking shit, they are all horrible. They aren't original and the people who own them try so hard to be funny when in reality they are all so fucking annoying.

>> No.7275561

>a bunch of random Hot Topic shit + a wig
>"cosplay"

>> No.7275563

>>7275551
I don't mind them too much. I think they can be cute sometimes, and are easily avoidable. I don't think a lack of humour is a reason to hate someone. What I DON'T like, however, is people who think they are the one perfect cosplayer for XYZ character.

>> No.7275573
File: 43 KB, 487x211, 1388723416430.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7275550

yup.

They are young so I really can't blame them for being ignorant. Everyone wants to be popular and talked about and adored when they are 17. You think that is all there is to life cause that's all you've seen of it so far.

But it is maddening to watch it from an oldfag perspective.

>> No.7275586
File: 716 KB, 245x187, 1374882999174.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7275551
>tfw your friend starts one

I don't get it because its just dwindled down to her and another girl making gifs of them flirting with each other.

>> No.7275595

>>7275551
>>7275586
I know that feel, Anon.
I have a friend who has one too, and his cosplay is good, honestly. He actually looks like the character with very little makeup.
But he always does the same face in every gif, overuses one or two character tropes, and goes off on out-of-character tangents.
It's painful.

>> No.7275620
File: 291 KB, 700x700, 1303315481485.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>half of costumes in plans for 2014 are girls in school uniforms, all are my favorite characters from shows i like.
>someone basically implies i'm doing it for attention because of "miniskirts" like the other girls!
>mfw

>> No.7275637

>>7275551
It's kind of weird to see something like those develop on the internet since they really weren't around before Tumblr. But I agree that they are terrible.

Blog/tumblr generation in general has brought about a new obsession with attentionwhoring that's never really existed before.

>> No.7277467

People who don't use a petticoat over hoop skirts and you can see every hoop ring through the dress. Drives me nuts every time I see it.

>> No.7277751

attack on titan cosplayers who just wear belts around their thighs and under their armpits instead of making a real harness

>> No.7277764

When you try to be nice to a friend that seems to spend most of their con time alone, and he/she just bitches about conventions the entire time you're together. If you hate cons so much, stop coming to them. Problem solved!

>> No.7277794

when people use a panel to circlejerk with them and their friends instead of actually discussing relevant topics

>> No.7277807
File: 25 KB, 488x332, 1272756945408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Post a sketch trying to work details out, get second opinions on fastenings/whatnot
>first comment
>OMG i am so gonna use this to cosplay this character thx

You motherfucker.

>> No.7277831

It actually grinds my gears whenever people post that image to start these threads, yeah these threads are great and that's the perfect picture for it I guess but I just really really hate family guy for practically no reason other than I think it's incredibly annoying and unbearable to even look at. I honestly wish seth mcfarlane would be erased from history and the surface of the Earth forever.

other than that, nothing ever bothers me, it's just. that show. that person. Sometimes I think it's just that I've channeled all my hatred for everything into that.

>> No.7277843

>>7277831
i like u anon

>> No.7277853

>>7275550
It's kind of upsetting to me watching friends become clones of these pandering tryhards. I really couldn't care less about how much attention my own costumes get. The only audience I care about is my group of friends; that's all the validation I need. I can't really connect with that need to get noticed and sell prints or whatever.

>> No.7277895
File: 609 KB, 500x500, tumblr_mwxyc7pXRe1sq1n5go1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7277831
Oh man. Can I honestly say how much I just don't like Seth McFarlane's stuff(the more current stuff) I guess the humor doesn't appeal to me(the again, most of the adult swim stuff doesn't appeal to me)

also...
>Husband says he's going to work out to lose his gut.
>Tries to say he got it from my cooking.
>mfw, he eats more then I do, he also eats fast food almost every day(he picks it on the way to work instead of making himself something to eat, and sometimes gets it for lunch) and sleeps almost the entire time he's home when he's not working.
I eat my own cooking, but yet somehow I've maintained the same weight.

Oh and he decided today was his cheat day after only starting his diet a couple days ago.

>> No.7277924

>>7277843
i like u 2 anon

>> No.7277930

>>7277895
Get that idiot on the myfitnesspal app, make him track what he eats so the calories can be monitored. Fatass needs to learn some portion control, it's not about your cooking.

>> No.7277944

I know this is going to sound really selfish, but I hate that I can't even get noticed in the cosplay community. I don't even just mean like "ohhhh shower me in attention!" But I mean like when people don't even tell me how to fix things in my cosplays like makeup and such.

>> No.7277945

>>7277895
It kind of just sounds like your husband doesn't have much self-control hun. Don't doubt your own cooking, I'm sure it's fine.

>> No.7277948

I hate not being able to wear wigs everyday because "society"
like, fuck....I look better in some of my wigs than I do in my natural hair. I hate my natural hair.

>> No.7277949

>>7277944
that's not even being selfish tho, don't worry

>> No.7277950

>>7277930
It's like, he's not even that huge. He's at 175. He's just gotten a gut. But he's built muscle in his upper body from work and really doesn't have much fat on his legs. If he cuts out the fast food, and switched it to something healthier. He'd be fine.

If anything, I'm going to just switch up my cooking a bit so there's less stuff like pasta and more whole grains instead of stuff like white bread. It'd probably help me out a bit too since I am a bit overweight, but it's consistently the same weight for around the past 10 years. So if I just switch it to something healthier, my weight should drop naturally without going on a potential failing diet.

On the plus side, he's talking about getting us a membership to Planet Fitness. So hey, I get gym membership for me.

>> No.7277953

>>7277948
I used to question why people wore wigs in public at one point. When i realized a reason for it was they had cancer, i stopped caring. Anon, wear wigs if you want to, not all people will draw the same conclusions, but if you are harassed, tell them you are losing hair to chemo to make them feel bad for being a twat.

>> No.7277955

I absolutely hate that my friends and I all have cosplay pages, and they all get so many more likes than I do. They all have such shitty cosplays, and some look half assed!
One of my friends is huge and doesn't even bind her chest when she crossplays! Meanwhile, I put every effort I have in my body with what I have to work with and still nothing!

>> No.7277956

>>7277953
Oh man, I didn't even think of that. I would kind of feel bad for lying like that, but I guess it might not hurt

>> No.7277958
File: 50 KB, 430x282, 6hoop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7277467 >People who don't use a petticoat over hoop skirts and you can see every hoop ring through the dress.

Yeah it makes me frown each time. How do you put on your hoop, put on your dress and then look at it hanging like that and say "perfect, just how it should look"

>> No.7277959

I hate that i establish a staple cosplay.
some jackass would cosplay the same character, and that person is NOT fit to be the character.

>> No.7277966

>>7277953
This. I sometimes wear wigs out, and have people not even realize I'm wearing one. My natural hair is ridiculously thin.

I mean, how many woman these days wear extensions? They're perfectly accepted in society these days, so a wig shouldn't be all that different.

The nice part is, I can drop down $30 on a nice synthetic wig that if I take care of it, can last me a long time. Or drop down $200 to get enough extensions to get my hair looking decent.

>> No.7277968

>>7277955
Post a comparison pic of your costumes vs. your friends'. I want to see how bad this is.

>>7277944
Maybe we can do some concrit here if you want. But keep in mind there are so many cosplayers nowadays, maybe you're somehow just slipping under people's radars? Don't lose faith in yourself over it though, keep at it and have fun and you'll get noticed eventually.

>> No.7277970

>>7277955

Maybe they are paying for likes.

Maybe your cosplays aren't as good. Not being mean here, we just all tend to view our own stuff differently since we made it.

Maybe they are linking their page everywhere.

>> No.7277973

>>7277968
here

>>7277970
Also this.

>> No.7277974

>>7277968
Haha oh snap you found both of my posts, anon.

I'm scared to post comparison because I have no idea if said friends go on 4chan or not. I know that some of their friends do though, and would snitch right away. I really don't want to go through the drama

>> No.7277982

>>7277970
I'm pretty sure that's not it. If anything, it would be that they have friends who are higher up in the cos community here and are getting around that way.

>> No.7277997
File: 87 KB, 396x385, aggressivefrog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Lazy fucks who "dress up" as IRL people who wear normal clothing (ie Game Grumps, Pewdiepie etc)
>Landwhales dressed up as characters usually wearing skimpy clothing
>Nazi cosplay without the proper historically accurate insignia/patterns/colors

>> No.7279121

>>7275551
I like them when they're actually in character and replicate the character's personality exactly. However, more often than not, they're absolute failures. Especially, the SnK ones where they make Eren act like a little uke bitch.

>> No.7279134

>>7279121
>Eren
>not Armin or Jean

though to be fair i probably just think of Jean that way because I have a friend with a similar personality who secretly likes it in the ass

>> No.7279136

>>7275550
I'm honestly more offended by the effect it has on women as a whole than cosplay. So many male nerds are fucking retarded and genuinely think it's impossible for a woman to like anime and video games for any other reason than male attention as it is, now they keep siting these bimbos as proof.

And then the same guys wonder why so many female nerds date normalfags instead.

>> No.7279137

>>7277997
>>Nazi cosplay without the proper historically accurate insignia/patterns/colors
This is okay if while doing this they're being accurate to the character.

>> No.7279140

>>7275501

>Attend symphony semi-regularly
>Dear Friends concert comes to city

Oh cool, I love Final Fantasy! This should be great.

>Fursuit chocobos. Closet cosplay Rinoas. Overweight Sephiroth with no wig.

I would have burned that building down if Uematsu hadn't been in it. Holy shit.

>> No.7279142

>>7279134
I will honestly be surprised if the manga doesn't reveal that Armin is secretly gay for Eren at some point. The anime tones down how much he clings to him and even replaces his role with Mikasa a couple of times, but in the manga, it's pretty bad.

>> No.7279161

>>7279134
>I have a friend with a similar personality who secretly likes it in the ass

>whyboner.jpg

>> No.7279163

>>7279140

Oh god I'm so sorry. There were some meh dressed people at the two concerts I've been to, but overall the cosplay was decent to excellent. I wonder why you got terribad cosplay.

At least the concert had awesome eargasmic music?

>> No.7279188
File: 978 KB, 390x230, 138465419087.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Listening to your friend bitch and moan about a series for close to a year before seeing a character from it tagged as one of her upcoming cosplays.
>of course its fucking Melisandre

>> No.7279192

>>7279188
shitty tumblr gifs, that could be easily replaced by simple image

>> No.7279277

People who can't take care of themselves/their adult responsibilities and then demand donations and shit for their cosplay. Fuck.

I have plenty of friends who make minimum wage and pay for their rent & util, food, car AND hobby related stuff all on their own. It's total bullshit that you not only can't find someway to support yourself but also have the gal to ask people to donate you money for cons/costumes/other weeb trash because you have don't have the money to eat steady meals. Fuck you. You real life necessities should come before your hobby or any other material want you have and acting otherwise makes you a selfish prick.

I am so tired of my facebook feed being filled with "I can't afford to eat right now could somebody give me money to make my x-con costume and let me stay in their room for free pls!!"

>> No.7279284

>>7277997
>Lazy fucks who "dress up" as IRL people who wear normal clothing (ie Game Grumps, Pewdiepie etc)
Why does anyone want to dress up as lets players
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>> No.7279293
File: 132 KB, 601x900, 1388885049459.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This, if you don't see it and think this is WRONG, something is fucking wrong with you.

Also people who leave in nose rings and lip rings when it isn't relevant

>> No.7279301

>>7277831
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean people should fucking die, I don't like many things but I ignore them like MLP, I don't attack people for posting pictures because they like something I don't.
Seth McFarlane has maybe somewhat crappy humor but he is kinda a smart guy.

>> No.7279343

>buys cosplay wig online
>wears it out without any styling what so ever
>finished cosplay
>no

>> No.7279358
File: 952 KB, 500x281, r687o.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7277794
And then waste half a fucking hour making inside jokes and rambling about dumb hotel stories.

>> No.7279369
File: 208 KB, 553x377, 1348008802128.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>people who don't know what "weeaboo" means

"I post a few anime pictures on my blog, I'm such a weeaboo!"
"she likes anime, what a weeaboo!"
"they wear jfashion, what weeaboos!"
"oh, you like japanese culture? haha, you're such a weeaboo"

STOP
NO.
HALT
DO NOT PROCEED

that is not what that word means.

nothing pisses me off more than the incorrect usage of words.

>> No.7279379

>>7279369
That goes in with the people who don't know that otaku is an insult.

"Otakus unite! ^w^"
"ahahaha im such an otaku!!"
"WE'RE OTAKUS GOING TO JAPAN :DDDD"

>> No.7279387

>>7279379
people that call themselves otakus without knowing the true definition, are truely, weeaboos.

>> No.7279401
File: 227 KB, 450x626, bang.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7279369
the number one thing that pisses you off? ............

>> No.7279408

>>7277751
Any SNK cosplayers who just buy factory-made cosplays.
>anime-only fags

>> No.7279418

>>7279142
The author definitely seems okay with the subject matter, but seems like the sort to leave that shit vague.

>>7279161
He's so goddamned awkward and embarrassed about it, it's hilarious. Still, I hope he finally one day finds a manly guy to cosplay with him.

>> No.7279421

>social justice warrior-ing in fandoms

I am an avid (as well as vocal) feminist and supporter of SJW stuff, but goddamn EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I see it in fandom related shit they just misconstrue what real groups are trying to do then use bulling and pressure tactics to get everyone to believe them. oh my god it's so fucking awful and the reason why I will never associate myself with a fandom again.
and I really do believe that that some of these fandom kids (because every time I see this shit it's done by someone 16 years old or less) aren't really trans or genderqueer, but just that they've been bullied by that fandom culture to think they are, or maybe want to be to avoid the intense shaming/just so they can find a place to fit in. I do believe that there are lots of people on tumblr or in fandoms who are LGBTQ*IA, but I also find it kind of weird that I've never encountered the extent of this bullshit within my college either, even with our cosplay club being full of homestucks and the LGBTQIA club being full of fandom people.

And the worst thing is these kids only rely on each other to get information, they have never once gone outside of tumblr.com or even their goddam cis middle class straight neighborhood to see a different perspective, or even ask how a group may feel about an issue.

Urrgh.

>> No.7279426

>>7277948
I agree. I hate my hair, it's naturally thin and flat and useless. But I'm always too self conscious to go out in wigs.

>> No.7279431

Lazy-ass people (who buy their costumes and call themselves cosplayers) going:
>whered you buy ur cosplay
>whered u get ur wig (to a very intricately styled/dyed/obviously not out-o-the-bag wig)
I fucking made it. I bought fabric and put some goddamn effort into it. And I bought multiple wigs/wefts and sewed it up/dyed it/etc.

>> No.7279437
File: 317 KB, 500x371, tumblr_lxab2wqIAg1qegasto1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"I speak Japanese."
>posts in Japanese characters
>but everything is all FUBARed by google translate, eg. "I'm a Japanese person speaking."
>weebs going batshit with their clit licking
>there's no way to call them out without facing an army of retards shitting up your personal account

>> No.7279440
File: 242 KB, 441x422, 1388889646766.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7279401
well, as of late.
usually I can avoid weeaboos and /b/tards, and "sjws", but I keep running into idiots that do this.

I saw this drawing of a girl in jfashion that was adorable, it had thousands of notes, and the artist wrote something like "I decided to draw a weeb"

no hun, you drew a jfashion enthusiast, if you want to draw a weeb it should look something like this

>> No.7279445

>>7277966
Where do you get your wigs, anon? I'm very very close to just wearing wigs daily. But even with the nice synthetic wigs I have, I'm always worried someone will notice that nasty shine in the sunlight and get that I'm wearing a wig.

I think the stigma is that people start to wonder what's wrong with your own hair, like they assume you either don't have any or your real hair sucks, which both cases can be true and not necessarily bad, but they're viewed as bad anyway, I guess.

>> No.7279448

>>7279437
Why the green dress?

>> No.7279449

Know it all newbies that think they can school well-dressed veterans in the fashion.

Hugbox cancer affecting cgl.

>> No.7279452

>>7277974
Do a cosplay of yours and theirs that no one would really recognize?

>> No.7279462

>>7279421
Specifically about feminism I think they've pushed too far on the pendulum to what used to be what feminists fought against. Anything sexual and obviously objectifying is seen as "empowering" and if you question it you're not a feminist and you're misogynist. Even if you question feminists who regularly consume "women are inferior to men" blatantly misogynist messages in porn you're attacked for not letting women make choices or being a kink shamer (don't get me started on how dumb "vanilla privilege" is). Not all women's choices are good and I shouldn't be attacked or have my feminist card taken away from me for saying that. Oversexualizing things isn't always good. I haven't seen KLK but I saw a post about it saying it's not just fanservice but an empowering feminist anime about puberty but I just don't buy it. I think a lot of tumblr feminists are just consuming mainstream shit even if it's misogynist and trying to spin it around to fit a feminist agenda. Fuck all of them. Yes, I mad.

>> No.7279463
File: 22 KB, 411x450, 1365271606022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7279448
I felt like posting something pretty with my bitching, but not too pretty.

>> No.7279481

Young/beginner cosplayers who take on really big projects and make them poorly and then get asspats from everyone about how great they are.

>> No.7279491

>>7279481

this

I've done a number of more difficult costumes in my fandom and have kids leaving me messages all the time asking for the most basic sewing and fabric advice because "lol I'm a first time cosplayer but I'm doing the 17th century ballgown version of this character what's a circle skirt??"

>> No.7279507

>>7279462
>Anything sexual and obviously objectifying is seen as "empowering" and if you question it you're not a feminist and you're misogynist.
IAWTC because I had dumb ideas about empowerment when I was a teen, then I got out in the world and met enough genuinely nasty men to understand what the "prudish" women were going on about. A lot of the people with this idea aren't even adults yet, let them deal with low class men for a decade and see how their opinions change. Sheltered kids don't know shit.

>> No.7279535
File: 29 KB, 323x500, 473695-l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7279462
Yooo, you should really read this book. Talks all about it.

>> No.7279541

>>7279462
>self-identified feminist
>doesn't know about the sex wars
>You seriously think this has anything to with teenagers on tumblr anon?

>> No.7279548

I can't stand all the shitty cosplays that get their dicks sucked all over tumblr just because they're a "poc".
I feel racist for thinking they're shitty and that maybe I'm missing something as to why they have 15000 notes, but then I see the unfinished seams and lack of wigs and think "oh it's just tumblr"

>> No.7279586

>>7279541
"Feminism is not necessarily just do-me feminism, anon. Many suffragettes detested young flappers precisely because they dumbed down the concept of women's rights and made it into "I wanna be naked without being called a slut! :D" instead of tackling actual problems, many of which weren't tackled to this day because it's easier to understand that all women want is to dress like skanks and look pretty and that that = reeeeeeel feminism"
So apparently you don't seem to know much of anything, either

>> No.7279605

>>7279548
That's...why I am afraid.
I'm a POC and always afraid that if I were to cosplay something like Dangan Ronpa (just some thing I liked and then this huge fandom blew up for it) then most people will just give me token notes rather than because they think I did a good job or whatever.

>> No.7279611
File: 145 KB, 400x400, f39029.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7279548
I had that happen with a lolita post earlier today.
It was a black girl in several coords. Nothing shitty, but nothing new or amazing either.
But it had a ton more notes than any other (non famous) lolita post I've seen, and all the comments were "It's so nice to see a black girl in lolita!!" "Oh girl you're so beautiful!!" "Like a real princess, wow!!"

My qualm with Tumblr is this whole mindset that you're beautiful because you're POC/fat/queer, not that you're beautiful while POC/fat/queer.
I understand fighting oppression but giving someone special treatment isn't any less racist than treating them like shit. It's just a more-loving version of it.

>> No.7279609

>>7279586
WTF is this even addressing? I never said feminism was "just" anything. I'm saying anon indicating that this has anything to do with "tumblr feminism" would suggest they have no idea what they're talking about. Third wave sex-positivity predates the internet. People who disagree with judgmental Gloria Steinem bullshit do not have a lesser understanding of "real feminism~" Every fucking flavor of feminist thinks their feminism is the "real" one.

>> No.7280875

>>7279421
>LGBTQ*IA
You mean LGBT? All of this made-up, added-on bullshit doesn't mean anything unless you're an underage tumblr user. Congrats retard, you're no better than the people you're complaining about..

>> No.7280954
File: 79 KB, 467x700, tumblr_li43xwPiyJ1qgjcweo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7279611
>tfw black but it doesn't show up in photos

sometimes I wish I was darker just so I can get reblogs like this, but then I realized "nah, I don't want to end up like these people"

does anyone remember this girl?
she left lolita to play LOL all the time.

it was painful watching that tumblr fame go to her head. 20k notes for her wearing the most basic coord ever (even more basic than this) and one of the photos in the photoset was sideways.

I followed her because her blog was interesting, then unfollowed her because she'd respond to every ask with an attentionwhoring of herself, put up this "I'm trying way to hard to be cute" persona, always BEGGED for attention from her followers, still does, unfollowed.

and I've seen other black lolitas get attention for this as well, and have let it go to their head.
for example, the girl that was the "token black girl" for GLWs. her FB is just fishing for compliments, then when her annoying personality is brought up on /cgl/ she uses that to fish for attention even more.

>> No.7280965

The existence of OkashiPanda

>> No.7280972

>>7280954
Her stick legs are scary...

>> No.7280995

>>7280972
I've noticed a lot black sweet lolitas tend to have thin legs. Why is that?

>> No.7280999

>>7277944
what do you cosplay if you don't mind me asking

>> No.7281004

>>7279611
I'm a POC and this shit pisses me off so fucking much I can't even. I spoke out against it a while back and got all these accusations of being racist. Second I mentioned that little tidbit about my racial heritage, everyone suddenly agreed with me. Fucking Tumblr.

>> No.7281010

>>7279605
Same. If I get recognition, I want it to be because my costume is genuinely good, not because Tumblr is trying to prove how accepting they are by smothering my post in obviously forced compliments about how I'm, "So perfect!" and "[Their] new headcanon!"
It doesn't make me feel any better. Honestly, it's just creepy, and is basically a more Tumblr accepted version of 'fetishisation.' I really, really don't get how they don't see that.

>> No.7281020

>>7277895
My fucking boyfriend does the same thing, somehow his problems are all his fault.

>How dare you be a good wife and make him homecooked meals.

Some people need to take a hard look in the mirror.

>> No.7281024

>>7277950

cutting out all grains would help even more.

>> No.7281030

>>7280954

Link to the girl's tumblr? On my phone atm.

>> No.7281028

>>7280954
I'd eat her Melty Chocolate

>> No.7281039
File: 25 KB, 256x256, doushio~.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7279369
hahaha, I misunderstood what weaboo meant as 6th grader and told my friends to call themselves weaboos and not ouakus because I thought being a weabo
o was a good thing.

>> No.7281047

>>7281039
My friends in high school thought a weeaboo was someone who acted like they like anime a lot, but was only a casual, so to not be weeaboo they acted like actual weeaboos and I started doing this as well to impress them.

>> No.7281106

>>7279462
Have you actually watched klk like, the actual anime does have underlining morals and a theme, not just girls with their tits out, not going to deny that yeah that is a huge part of it but there is more to it then that. There are even parts where Satsuki shows her standings on the opinions of showing off her body. Of course everyone is going to have different opinions on feminism, there is no 'right' feminism, In my honest opinion sex is sex it has ALWAYS been a major part of our society since the dawn of humans. it may of been covered up and overly romanticized but it's been there. It will never go away no matter what you do, we just have to find a way to make it even on 'both ends' if you will. It's honestly a strange concept just the whole thing just how we truly aren't equal in any sense of the matter and it's just weird and not going to sadly change for a long time no matter how hard we push the envelope but it is slowly forming and shaping and we have yet to know if it's going to plummet down into a ball of monstrosity or blossom and move on from our obviously extremely flawed ways

>> No.7281107
File: 29 KB, 720x480, 1388976000581.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281030
the girl in photo? I can't find it, she changed her url and you cant find it through google
but the other attentionwhore in lolita is here:
http://thepathtowonderland.tumblr.com/

>anyone who makes this face thinking that this is cute is seriously delusional

>> No.7281119

>>7279293
WHY in god's name would anyone keep their nails like that in a cosplay like that?! And if you don't want them off, take pictures with your hands hidden. It's not hard

>> No.7281184

>>7279507
Are you me, anon?

Seriously, I'm all for women making their own choices when it comes to sex, but many don't realize what's going on in men's brains when they oversexualize themselves. I finally realized this and never again will I allow myself to be objectified and call it "empowerment".

>> No.7281250

>>7279462
it makes me goddamn crazy HOW FUCKING MANY people on the internet have these really stupid ideas about feminism that anyone with better reading comprehension skills than a bucket of hair and the Wikipedia article should not have
(there's also LOL I FAILED HIGHSCHOOL STAT CLASS all over the goddamn place too)

>> No.7281282

A girl in my comm b'awwed about being posted to thr ita thread but she has little to no privacy settings on facebook and also posts to d_l, tumblr and the draw thread.

>> No.7281300

tumblr tards.

what makes "sjws" so bad is most of them are doing it to try to fit in, but it just makes everyone else hate them.

I found this post:
" i wanna start making bentos for myself to take to school again, but now that i’m more aware of cultural appropriation et al idk how to go about doing that in a culturally sensitive/non appropriative way."
and when I told the girl to just make bentos she cussed me out and said "omg, ur not japanese, I don't care for ur opinion loser"
then I told her to never eat anything, ever, because if she consumes a piece of non-american food a foriegner will die of cancer.

and this blog, the fact that this exists.
http://thisiscleanprivilege.tumblr.com/

>> No.7281308

>>7281300
i don't wanna know this exists.

>> No.7281309

People who drink an smoke at cons. Honestly, if yo are just going to cons to party, you're a sad person.

This doesn't apply to people who both cosplay at cons and drink and smoke later. There's a difference.

>> No.7281314

>>7281309
Why didn't you say people who only smoke and drink then.

Also, spending time at a social event that you're interested in with people you like makes you a sad person just because you smoke and drink? Wooooow, are you 5?

I have tons of friends into anime who don't cosplay but go to cons, so they're shit just because they may want to smoke and drink and party as well as watching anime and going to jojo posing panels? Excuse me for not knowing the very distinct difference.

>> No.7281316

>>7277764
or how about the friend who won't ever leave you alone and is insanely needy the whole time. Like they'll nag you to stop whatever you're doing and keep them company whenever they're alone.

>> No.7281318
File: 60 KB, 729x694, 1288960297916.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281300
>Unfortunately white
>I refuse to bathe
>My filthy body
>My fucking business.

>> No.7281340

>>7281316
Fuck-ing hate this so much. I got about 2-3 friends who are like this. You try your hardest to avoid them at the con but then they pop up and try to guilt trip you to hang with them

>> No.7281348
File: 40 KB, 230x460, run madoka run.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281340
forgot to upload picture on how i feel about this

>> No.7281350

>>7281316
or the friend that bitches about the series you're cosplaying as the entire time.

"ugghhh I hate that show, ugh, everything about that is baddddd"

bitch, if I spent 20 hours on this costume, that MAY be a hint that I'm a bit of a fan and you need to shut the fuck up

>> No.7281355
File: 4 KB, 269x188, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281300
>http://thisiscleanprivilege.tumblr.com/
That person apparently has said that the black plague had nothing to do with hygiene I can't read anymore on her blog m heads going to explode

>> No.7281398

>>7281355
>the black plague had nothing to do with hygiene
Makes sense to me. It's not like people were going ape shit on the Jews at the time since they weren't getting it due to their intense hygiene practices or anything. Girl's totally got her facts straight.

>> No.7281404
File: 289 KB, 400x225, 1382413910914.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281355
>http://thisiscleanprivilege.tumblr.com
>unfortunatley white
>mfw

>> No.7281413
File: 189 KB, 608x336, ick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281300
I... have no words to express how much I feel about someone who thinks there's such thing as "clean privilege".

>> No.7281416

>>7281300
so because she has the ability to clean her self, she isn't going to?

>> No.7281421

>>7281413
coming from a site that coined "uwu culture" (I'm not even fucking joking, that's an emoticon by the way) as a thing I'm not even surprised anymore.

That is pretty high on the stupid specturm though.

>> No.7281427

>>7281350
THIS

My first con, I cosplayed Mello from Death Note (this was 2008, by the way). I was with two friends who were obsessed with it before it got popular, like all time favorite thing in the world level obsessed, but then they went all typical /a/ and the minute it got a fanbase decided they suddenly hated it. They spent the entire time bitching about how overrated and pretentious it was when literally the month prior they were literally saying they were the biggest fans of the series in the world and would go out of their way to say they were more dedicated to it than I was.

Nigga, I don't care what anyone says, that's still one of my favorite manga, though I still will never forgive the anime for raping the second arc. I don't care if it means I have "shit taste" I refuse to stop loving something just because Hot Topic unfortunately got their hands on it.

>> No.7281440

>>7281404
I called her out on that.

Not to sound like what we're bitching about, but as a PoC, that shit seriously rustled my jimmies. Having to deal with racism is not something that should be glamorized. If she's truly checking her privilege like she says, she should feel thankful she's white.

>> No.7281445

>>7281398
>>7281413
>it's a dude
>whining about he can't get his dick sucked because he's so god damned filthy

I don't have the proper image to justify my expression.

>> No.7281454

>>7281445
There is no way I'm sucking dick that isn't freshly washed. The scent starts reappearing fast. Dick smell is weird, and ball sweat is awful.

>> No.7281464

>>7281106
Can you please make friends with the full stop and the comma? That wall of text was hell to navigate.

>> No.7281477

This board and every relationship thread on it.

>> No.7281481

>>7281454
>Clean privilege is never being turned down for oral sex because you haven’t washed away the protective, lubricative, natural oils beneath your foreskin that are supposed to facilitate sex in the first place (smegma).

>Clean privilege is being considered more sexually desirable even when you have horribly disfigured genitals. 56% of American males undergo genital mutilation at birth for supposed ‘hygiene’ reasons, as it removes the ‘need’ to wash. Our society is so obsessed with unnecessary cleanliness that we actually take a knife to our baby boy’s little winkles to achieve it.

I have an incredibly strong preference toward uncut cocks, but this shit is just disgusting. He HAS to be trolling.

>> No.7281489

>>7281481
Trolling or not, the mental image has me figuratively gagging.

>> No.7281502

Someone should start a blog about fighting against the oppression of those who fight for oppression. Neo-Nais on dA bitch all the time about how no one tolerates their racism, so it's not as obvious of a trolling attempt as it may sound.

>> No.7281511

>>7281481
it has nothing to do with cleanliness.
Ol' Kellogg(yes, the cereal is named after him) decided boys fapping was immoral so he took a page from the jew book and had little ones circumcised so fapping would be uncomfortable later on.
It didn't work, obviously.
There's a reason it's mostly done in America and the Middle East. He's just talking out his ass.

>> No.7281524

>>7281511
I have never met a cut guy who cares that they're cut. I've met cut guys who say they're not going to get their sons cut, but they say they don't care themselves. I wouldn't get my son cut, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

>> No.7281530

>>7281524
But then you get this
http://erikforeskin.tumblr.com/

>> No.7281830

>>7281481
This was actually made me think he wasn't trolling, because he sorta brings up legitimate anti-circumcision points.

Still a moron though. Smegma is to facilitate vaginal intercourse, not oral sex, wash your dick.

>> No.7281840

>>7281530
>anteater cock
I want an opportunity to use this term in conversation one day.

>> No.7281876

>>7281524
>>7281511
foreskin openings look like gross buttholes

>> No.7281880

>>7275501
when people "cosplay" lolita. lmao.

>> No.7281891
File: 204 KB, 600x600, 02 - wakTb.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281300
>http://thisiscleanprivilege.tumblr.com/
>Queer. Genderfucked. Polyromantic. Demisexual.
What the fuck am I reading?

>> No.7281901

>>7281030
I thought that was atlas in space

>> No.7281907

>>7281901
yeah, that's her. but she changed her url to "generaliconic" or something

>> No.7281908

>>7281421
What the Hell is "uwu culture?"

>>7281404
And off-topic, but what anime is this gif from?

>> No.7281935

>>7281908
oops
>*coined the term

To be honest, I'm actually not 100% sure myself, and I only heard about it for a week or so after it popped up thank god. But anyways, for the people that think it exists, it has something to do with people using the "uwu" face when they type to seem more innocent/vulnerable or some shit? And then people hated that emoji or something.
I heard a couple thing first was of some "tumblur famoose" people using it to trick people into thinking they cute, nice people and having people defend them whenever someone was mean. Other thing was old creepers using the face to make them seem like a teen girl online, then befriend actual girls and then try to ask for nudes.

Either way, the whole fuckin thing sounded like bullshit and I don't even know why shit like that even pops up.

>> No.7281937

>>7281300
nia please go

>> No.7281941

>>7281937
shippou, she left you. move on.

>> No.7281946

>>7281876
Only when they're flaccid. When they're erect, it looks like Heaven.

>> No.7281971

>what grinds my gears
Knowing that when I go to Ohayocon this month I'm going to see a metric fuckton of absolute garbage cosplays from Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill. I hate sensationalist anime cosplayers. Even now i know some who are frantically trying to be the first to cosplay crap from the first episodes of the winter anime season. I never see anything original anymore.

>> No.7281978

>>7281971

there were supposedly at least 2000 homestuck cosplayers last year. it could fucking be worse.

>> No.7282046

>>7281309
this sounds really underage or straight edge fag

because as long as they're not acting in an inappropriate manner, who does it hurt if they're drinking and walking around or drinking and listening to panels. they usually can't smoke indoors, but that's their habit and problem.

idk it seems really selfish of you to delegate how others should have fun or who is sad when it's completely socially acceptable for adults to drink at social events such as conventions, why should it be different just because it's a nerdy convention? it just perpetuates the same ideas that nerdy people reject social norms and thus can't participate with other adults.
it's an arbitrary line you drew that actually hurts the con goers experience instead of helping it. cons aren't serious business it's for fun. (unless it is work for you and that is your problem not everyone else's)

still falling down stupid drunks/stoners are unacceptable in all circles even in the party scene. as long as you're dignified in your drinking it shouldn't be a problem.

>> No.7282134

>>7281300

I'm almost certain that tumblr is a parody/joke. Come on now.

>> No.7282147

>>7282134
is it really? have you seen tumblr?

>> No.7282275

>>7281340
I know my last con was annoying because of that. A friend basically kept offering to buy me food if I hung out with her. The con was split between two venues and there's a light rail going between them which a lot of people took instead of walking.

Basically my friend would make me escort her on there every time because the fact that the train cars would shake (due to, y'know, moving) would terrify her.

And I never got my free food.

>> No.7282310

>>7279358
>>7277794
Or better yet, when people who run panels develop egos and think that because some easily entertained nerds liked their panel, they must now be a convention celebrity.

>> No.7282324

>>7281300
Tumblr tards are some of the most hilariously gullible people ever. I remember there being a big long post about how Marco in Attack on Titan is really still alive and a bad guy, largely because of a gif that even the author said was fake. People still buy into it and there are so many other similar things that make my head roll.

There's also other things that show they just jump to conclusions because they want something to be a certain way. Example: I saw someone ranting on about Steven Universe being great at "showcasing POCs in a cartoon!" Even though the character they're referring to isn't black, they're just purple. By that logic, the show Doug is fucking groudbreaking because of Skeeter.

Honk honk.

>> No.7282344

>>7281481
Oh god I just vomited in my mouth.

>> No.7282348

>>7282275
is this youmacon?

>> No.7282349

>>7282348
Why yes it was. They were also afraid of the People Mover "because it's near water!"

>> No.7282353
File: 349 KB, 250x150, tumblr_lskgyh9bWg1qhbmheo2_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh man, have I been waiting for this thread

>people trying to sell used wigs for the price they got them new or even higher

>newfags that think their gods gift to cosplay
and related
>people with absolute terrible sewing skills going "ugh, people just don't like my cosplays because they're elitists and think I'm not pretty enough/too thin/fat/manly/girly/insert other physical attributes"
>no, the problem is that you suck but think you're great

>people that cause drama complaining about drama

>people that cause drama complaining that [unrelated person] is such a drama queen omg

Also there's this thing local cosplayers seem to say about cosplayers that win contests/are popular/are better at cosplaying
>"Well, their grandma made the whole cosplay for them!"
>even if grandma is 85 years old
>even if grandma is dead
>even if person has over a decade of cosplay and a million costumes
>"THEIR GRANDMA DID IT"
I'm sorry, you could at least think of something better

>> No.7282355

>>7282349
I knew it!

Oh gosh that's kind of ridiculous, I rode that people mover at least 5 times a day and had no problems. I thought that it was actually kind of fun! The only shitty part was that it was extremely crowded almost all the time.

Honestly Anon, your friend sounds like they're a pain in the ass, especially if they didn't even give you the free food. Guilt tripping friends are some of the worst friends.

>> No.7282374

>>7282355
Yeah, I didn't see what was so bad about the People Mover. I've always loved our pathetic excuse for mass transit!

I think her friends ditched her, she got lonely and wanted to hang out with me. That and she might have been coming on to me, especially considering she kept trying to cuddle with me at some points.

But yeah the People Mover was nice. It just needed to go the other way too, even though that provided a great excuse to go to Five Guys in Greektown.

And it also allowed me to keep shouting that Youmacon is celebrating Japanese culture by having an interactive experience in Japanese Mass Transit.

>> No.7282376

>>7282374
different anon but my favorite part about going on the people mover during youmacon last year was this one bum i encountered at least twice.

He would get on, ask people for 75 cents, and then ask all the people who would come off from other trains, walk around and ask more people, pay for another token and then ask again.

75 fucking cents too, you know no one would give him exact change so some people would hand him a buck or whatever they had on them.

he was a fucking genius.

>> No.7282379

>>7282376
I just wish the Eat 'Em Up Tigers Guy came to Youmacon before his eventual demise. Man, that would have been fun.

That or some of the local Food Trucks.

Anyways, back on topic: it seems like every convention I go to, there's at least one parent who basically comes in, complains about everything and/or expects free admission for escorting their child.

Do they think that works anywhere else?

>> No.7282389

>>7282374
There was a five guys in Greektown?! I'm not a Detroit native (though I must say the downtown is actually pretty nice, I didn't feel in danger whatsoever.) so I had no idea where anything was. Goddamn though, five guys is so good.

>>7282376
Those bums made so much money that weekend. Though at one point, we had a homeless guy on there that was in a wheel chair and missing both of his legs. I felt pretty bad for him.

Back on topic, sometimes my gears get grinded by the people I'm hanging out with at a con. Like, they want to go to the con around 11am/12pm, which is fine, but then they want to retire around 8pm. To me, the con's nightlife is the best part of it! Even if it's just sitting at a bar and talking, that's way better than sitting up in our hotel room watching TV.

>> No.7282394

>>7282389
Yup, one right next to a Coldstone. Those two made me feel so fucking fat last year. And the People Mover went right by both of them. They're inside part of Greektown Casino, so for next time: get off on the Greektown stop. And if you're willing to leave the con for a bit, I highly recommend Louie's Ham and Corned Beef for breakfast. Their Corned Beef Hash is amazing.

>> No.7282396
File: 11 KB, 225x169, 1374259507599.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7282310
seconded!

I see this happen all the time with groups who cosplay together and then do panels together.

Often their panels are nothing more than a last minute circle jerk with no clear direction or intention from the start. Hell most are just Q&A's for the people in cosplay sitting at the front.

Then their egos make them very unapproachable at cons and their the type to get very pissy with you if your cosplaying their character or the character of one of their friends in the group.

As for celebrity status their was one group running panels who also were running a youtube based show in between their conventions. My only issue was they kept talking about their youtube show when at one point there hadn't been a new episode in over a year! yet they still acted like yep we haven't given up on that project

>> No.7282401

>>7280875
>not believing asexuality is a real thing

watch who you call a retard.

>> No.7282442
File: 35 KB, 144x144, 1387491589554.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>people who have their own 'cosplay page' on Facebook
there's a reason blogs exist

>> No.7282452
File: 489 KB, 500x281, wtfrudoing.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281300
>Clean privilege is not having an anxiety attack when you spot a free seat on public transport and can’t decide if you should risk asking to sit there and having the person publicly humiliate you, or just stand.

Holy shit. They're problems would be fucking solved if they just took a shower at least once a week.

>> No.7282455

>>7282389
>To me, the con's nightlife is the best part of it! Even if it's just sitting at a bar and talking, that's way better than sitting up in our hotel room watching TV.
This. I don't understand why anyone would pay all that money for a hotel room, transportation, and a badge and not stay at the con for as long as possible. You can watch stupid TV shows any other day of the fucking week asshole. The same logic applies to watching anime during the con, even at the con showings: watch that shit at home.

It just blows my mind.

>> No.7282458

>>7282147
It's obvious it's a parody blog, I didn't know /cgl/ was this stupid.

>> No.7282460
File: 28 KB, 279x282, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just got back from Magfest. Epic gaming and music con. Had a blast, but couldn't help but be extra annoyed on Saturday by the large Doctor Who cosplayers at the main area. Just.... Doctor who at a gaming festival. Why? It's so damn annoying. They were all fucking terrible too.

>> No.7282464

When people start arguing with you what you're cosplaying as.
Bitch, I made the cosplay. I know who I am.

>> No.7282465

>>7282389
>they want to go to the con around 11am/12pm, which is fine, but then they want to retire around 8pm
This so much. The first 'big' con I ever went to is Boston Comic Con. I paid my way and a friend wanted to carpool to save money, but then refused to wake up until 11 even though we lived three hours away. Then they came to get us to leave at like 9. We were there for maybe six hours, tops, and they spent two hours getting food in the middle! (I refused, saying I'd rather stick around and I'd find my own way to eat).

It was their second time there so I guess it wasn't as big a deal to them, but even when I go to the convention in my hometown that I've been going to for years I try to spend most of my time, I dunno, at the convention I paid to go to?

>> No.7282470

>>7282465
>Boston Comic Con
Oops I meant Anime Boston.

Boston Comic con was the next year and it's much smaller.

>> No.7282479

>friends stick to you like a fucking pilot fish
Holy shit you guys are grown adults. We aren't conjoined twins so I think we can split up for awhile.

>people that won't take your advice.
>now their cosplay looks shitty and they're in pain

>people who have more money than me still manage to make a shitty cosplay
Do you even know what I would do for that kind of money?!

>having to make your own wig head because your head is too unlike the styrofoam ones in the store

>> No.7282482
File: 974 KB, 250x180, 1389033188889.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People who pretend to speak Japanese/Pretend to know shit they don't.

Story time.
>Went to a "Guess that Theme" game at a con
>Girl in the front row kept bobbing her head and mouthing along to the words
>CLEARLY a second after the words were said
>Group of really stupid weeb friends impressed
>Everytime someone doesn't get the song, they all scream "MISA KNOWS IT! MISA TELL THEM!"
>"Guuuuuys I know it but I'm too shy to say it!"
>EVERYONE but her three stupid friends can tell, but she still does it for the rest of the panel
>Her friends never stop screaming how cool she is for knowing all the answers.
>How fucking stupid are you people?

>> No.7282493

>>7282482

Scald their faces off and lay waste to their land.

>> No.7282498

The people on the Ohayocon group who are insisting that 'homestuck is really really hard cosplay because drawing the symbols on shirts right is hard' and how it should be allowed in the masquerade because 'its a lot of work'

>> No.7282508

>>7282498
That being said
>large fandoms that are very loud and obnoxious

Homestuck is one of the worst when it comes to this. MLP was pretty big for awhile but they kept to their own section and didn't bug other people.

>> No.7282516
File: 76 KB, 252x252, 1357324284975.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7282460
>mfw I probably know one of the people you're talking about

>> No.7282522
File: 732 KB, 1536x2048, 2013-10-31 15.52.14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7282508
I kind of hate how ridiculously defensive homestucks get sometimes. More than you'd expect seem to act as if you not being nice to them = bullying them.

I'm glad I met some that didn't get offended by me (intentionally poorly) doodling one of them.

>> No.7282537

>>7282522
This happens anywhere on Tumblr and it pisses me off so much. Apparently, you can't give someone criticism with someone without being ____phobic.

It's like everyone has some self esteem problems over there.

>> No.7282542

>>7282498

Admittedly there are quite a few Homestuck cosplays that are legitimately difficult. Symbols on shirts aren't them though.

>> No.7282552

>>7282516
Seriously? The Dalek was the plastic cups on her head? I'm just so sick of Doctor who cosplayers. And fuck Magfest for allowing a brony panel to even exist.

>> No.7282554

>>7282479
>having to make your own wig head because your head is too unlike the styrofoam ones in the store
To be fair I don't think they're in the shape of anybodys head. They're literally made just to hold wigs.

>> No.7282573

>>7282465
Ugh, people that want to go to a con late, and then leave early are the absolute worst to go with. I'm not going to spend upwards of a hundred dollars on a costume, fifty for a badge, and then only go for six hours a day. Most people SLEEP longer than that.
Same goes for people that leave late, make you spend an hour or two with them while they put on their costume/makeup at the con, then change out of said costume less than thirty minutes later.
If I could take a shit longer than the amount of time you're going to be in cosplay, just don't fucking wear it.

>> No.7282576

>>7282552
Well I know quite a lot of girls who dye their hair orange and never shut up about how they think they look like Amy Pond.

>> No.7282583

>>7282573
Yeah, that shit makes no sense to me.

>> No.7282594

>>7282554
Make a plaster cast of your own head-it saves so much headache when it comes to making masks, helmets, headgear, and trimming wigs. A little plaster bandage, some ultra cal, some Vaseline, and a plastic bag are all you need

That said, my biggest pet peeve is the side sweep uni-bang.

>> No.7282620

>>7282573
Oh dear god this pisses me off. I like to come as early as possible and if I can, I'll leave once the place locks up. Bonus points for staying at the hotel an extra day and then sight-see around the area if it's at an interesting place. I love it when that happens. I don't know, cons to me anymore are like vacations, I like to enjoy them before heading back to the grey land of boring everyday life.

>> No.7282623

>>7281427
High five for loving unloved manga/anime? My first manga was Bleach and honestly it's still my favorite (yeah, shoot me), even though there are certainly better ones in terms of plot, etc. I rarely even bring it up now though, and I'm still nervous about cosplaying any of the characters because of the general hatred towards the series and fandom. At least the witch burning for stuff like Death Note, Bleach, etc has died down since new fandoms like Homestuck have taken over.

>> No.7282643

>>7282620
Yeah, I don't live in the con state, but my main con friends do, so it gets really annoying when I have to leave early, or show up late and miss hanging out with friends that I'll see three times a year max because everyone else wants to sleep in. Their excuse is always, "Well, there's nothing happening, so there's no point in showing up early!"
Piss off, I'd rather be with my friends doing nothing than sitting in the hotel until one PM doing nothing. I definitely treat cons like vacations, too, so I just don't get why they would want to sleep it away. There's only ever one car, so it's not like I can just up and leave without them, either.

>> No.7282644

>>7282573
To be honest, I actually do this. I usually get to the con around 10-11 am, stay until 6-10 pm (depending on how late the panels I want to go to run), and often will go back to my hotel room for 2-3 hours somewhere in there. In my defense, it's a pretty tiny convention without much to do, and 70% of the attendants are underaged (usually tumblr weeaboos), so there really isn't a nightlife. I go with a friend though, so we just hang out and relax.

>> No.7282657

Got my teaching job, but I didn't hear back for like a month on which center to go to. I imagine I've been fired. I also haven't received my paycheck. So my katsucon cosplays are on serious hold because I need gas. So I picked up a babysitting gig (10.00 an hour? Yes please) for weekends mosty, but maybe sometime during the week. I'm also finishing up with two degrees so between work and school I fear I may not have time for me?
Well not two seconds later did work call me up asking when I'm availible. Good news: I have work! Bad news: con is next month, little has been god I'm so broke. done, and now I m not sure hbow juggling all this is gonna go.

>> No.7282696

>>7279462

The main problem with feminism, in my opinion, is that every woman claiming to be a "feminist" has a different agenda, different views, different claims etc.

It's just not unified at all, as a movement, even worse than Islam as a religion, and that makes it hard for me to sympathise with the concept. For each one feminist I'd agree with, I meet five I fucking hate for their views.

>> No.7282720

>>7282696
and the people acting as anything inconvenient in their lives is part of a plot by straight white men doesn't help them

>> No.7282724

>>7282573
I'm more baffled by the people who show up to a con and want to leave after 2-3 hours because "they're bored", even though all they usually do is look at the dealer room, play games in the game room and look at cosplays.

I'm honestly surprised by how many people just flat-out ignore the fact that there are panels and other programming at cons.

>> No.7282737

>>7282724
Holy shit I knew someone like this. They told me they had out grown going to cons, even though they only been to two and did the same thing at both (hang out in the game room and drink).

>> No.7282895

>>7277751
Good tier in the SNK fandom is actually having a complete cosplay and a wig. How sad is that.

>> No.7282901

My complete inability to find and buy decent blouses is grinding my gears to the max. I've missed out on three on the comm sales in a row over the past week, and I can never seem to find decent offbrand blouses.

>> No.7282939

>>7282737
My brother often gets bored at cons that he gets excited to go to, despite basically doing nothing but wandering around alone, showing off his cosplay, going to the dealer's room and playing video games by himself in the game room.

>> No.7282981

I hate the nerd culture shit being popular. I hate how video games are getting universally worse across the board. I hate people saying I'm Sheldon. I hate feminists ruining everything I love and saying that they know what I should like and what I should do. I hate all the stoners that tell me weed is great because it makes you feel good. I hate Sean K Reynolds. I hate fat people standing in front of me in narrow hallways. I hate Canadians.

I hate it all so much. I just want to sit around playing video games in my room alone.

>> No.7282989

>>7282981
You sound like a bitter motherfucker that I would never want to hang out with.

>> No.7283002
File: 103 KB, 299x235, n798.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7282939
>mfw that's pretty much what I do at conventions (plus attending a few panels), and they are definitely losing the thrill for me
I don't want to lose interest in cosplaying and doing conventions, but I'm so horribly bad at talking to people.

>> No.7283010

>>7282939
I remember last year my friends and I went to Acen(It was our first time going) and all my friends did was stay in their room for the majority of the con. The only time they left out was for food and the tourneys. They even dissed me for asking them to hang with me. I was by myself for nearly the whole con.

>> No.7283024

>>7283002
Same here.
>mfw terrible at talking to people

Worse part is, I know a lot of the people there are thrilled to meet people that share their interests, but still... Clingy friends don't help either.

>> No.7283028

>>7282989
I don't think that anon cares.
>I just want to sit around playing video games in my room alone

>> No.7283036

>>7279140
oh holy fuck! I went to one of those a couple of years ago and had the SAME thing happen. Had a ton of people in full on cosplay and i'm like "Really?..." We also had people dressing like it was a fucking opera when you didnt need to go that over the top. There was such extremes.

>> No.7283057

>>7283002
>>7283010
We actually had to drag my brother to a few panels, and one year he probably spent more time in the hotel room than anywhere else.

>> No.7283061

> Cons wait until the last minute to get guests.
I know how much work goes into this shit but why is it, every year, without fail, ACen announces their guests a month or two before the con(yes i am aware of contracts..but gg). This last year was horrible. 2 weeks before the con itself it was "Oh hey sorry guys, this was all we got!". I never saw any of the guests. At all. Friends had stuff they wanted signed. We all tried asking but got the wrong times/places. It was just very disappointing.
> When cosplayers feel like they're owed something or worse, claim someone else's work as their own.
There aren't enough words to describe my rage. That just really bugs me.

>> No.7283082

>>7281971
what do you cosplay from then?

>> No.7283109

>>7282458
guy hasn't seen tumblr apperantly.
I wish everything stupid on tumblr was a parody

>> No.7283117

>>7283061
>> When cosplayers feel like they're owed something or worse, claim someone else's work as their own.

fucking this
Or when cosplayers think that just because they do a photoshoot and post on tumblr they'll instantly have thousands of fans.

>> No.7283125
File: 26 KB, 204x338, daiki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw everyone I know does cosplay commissions
>mfw everyone wants to do wig commissions
>mfw people make cosplays way out of their league
>mfw someone makes a cosplay that gets a little more recognition than most and think they're a cosplay god.

>> No.7283132

>>7283061
Or when people "boycott" cons over something stupid, such as there not being a specific game in the game room

>> No.7283135

>girl i follow posts shots about the sailor moon bra whatevers
>watch comment thread for lulz
>she keeps talking about 'oh noez the attention whorez!'
>couple people call her out on it
>deletes entire thread
>check her fanpage, nothing but sexy flavor of the month mediocre costumes
>trying to sell prints of her in bondage 'cosplay' outfits with suggestive poses with other girls too

plz, my brain hurts from your hypocrisy

>> No.7283163
File: 208 KB, 300x378, e83902.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7283135
>trying to sell prints of her in bondage 'cosplay' outfits with suggestive poses with other girls too
That's got to be either really hot or really disgusting.

>> No.7283195

I hate newbies that think cosplay is all about competition and attention.

Like, ones who assume that they HAVE to be the best cosplayer of a certain character, or that just because their FIRST costume isn't 100% perfect means it's unwearable and needs to be thrown out.

Bitch please.

>> No.7283228

>>7283057
I think I can understand the panel thing. I get a little antsy sitting in panels and end up leaving before it's over because I feel I might miss something.

>> No.7283236

>>7283195
Adding on to that: the newbies who think you have to cosplay to go to a convention.

>> No.7283246

>>7283195
>>7283236

I never understood people who dislike newbies due to their ignorance. The two go hand in hand; what did you expect? I mean, we all started somewhere so I never got the mentality of rising to the top to spit on the people at the bottom.

>> No.7283251
File: 975 KB, 245x239, 10238023821.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7282594
>mfw I'm sporting a side swept uni-bang
I need to trim my bangs. I've always wanted straight bangs or blunt bangs or whatever they're called, but I can never get the bangs to look the way they do on other people.

>> No.7283263

>>7279369
I hate this, too. I very casually watch anime, have studied Japanese along with three other languages in school because I really love foreign languages, and I would like to visit Japan someday because I love to travel, but one of my closest friends' SO calls me his "weeaboo" friend and laughs at what a helps weeby nerd I am. I tried telling him he was wrong and eventually just to shut the fuck up, and now I rarely interact with that friend if he's going to be around. Just. Ugh.

>> No.7283266

>>7283246
It's not about spitting on the people at the bottom. It's just annoying as hell.

For the people who think cosplay is all about fame and competition, they probably got it from that stupid Heroes of Cosplay show. And that's annoying to me because it's an inaccurate look at cosplay and breeds people like that.
For the ones who think you have to cosplay at a convention, I certainly never believed that. If you look at convention pictures, you'll see the regular-dressed fans in the background. And logically, what kind of con limits itself to cosplayers only?
It's just stupid.

I don't dislike all newbies, just the ones who don't think or do research.

>> No.7283276

>>7282901
This is my struggle right now.
With every blouse I buy - my shoulders are too wide, or my upper arms are too fat and it squeezes, or my bust is too large and the buttons gape.

>> No.7283285

>>7283251
Are you me anon? I'm too terrified to experiment with bangs though

>> No.7283288

>>7283285
Try buying cheap clip-on bangs if you can find it in your colour. Or if you have the skill (or know someone who does), take a pic of yourself and shoop them in.

>> No.7283292
File: 49 KB, 498x220, imdonewithyourshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This girl has been grinding my gears for ages. She always plays the victim and blows everything out of proportion. She used to be a nobody but then started clitlicking all the local famous tumblr girls and now the girl who used to be virtuous is slutting it out with them and complains like pic related.

>> No.7283310

>>7283288
I... like side-swept uni bangs.

>> No.7283314

>>7283310
This. They are the only thing that flatters my face.

>> No.7283370

I'm so pissed off. My taobao package came in today but the mail person did NOT deliver it to my building. I was home all day and nothing. Then I go to the little one room mail building and find a missed delivery slip. Who the fuck delivers a package that requires a signature to a building where no one lives? I've missed delivery before and they've always put slips on the door to my building, not inside my mailbox in the mail building. The slip didn't have a "pick up at this time" note to go get it at the post office either so they're just going to deliver it to the mail building again.

>> No.7283377

>>7283370
Try calling customer service to arrange something?

>> No.7283386

>>7283377
I'm going to the post office first thing in the morning about it. If the package isn't there waiting for me I can at least try to tell them a mailbox devoid of life cannot sign for a package and ask them to have it delivered to my building.

>> No.7283438

>>7283292
I like how she thinks changing hotels will change that.

>> No.7283450

People with Amazon wishlists who beg and beg and beg for people to buy shit for them.

One girl I know spent all her money on percs and heroin and then would just whine forever about people buying shit for her. Unfortunately getting clean didn't make her any less annoying.

>> No.7283516

>>7283117
Yep, that too ugh. Oh!
>being at a photoshoot and people being dicks about/while you wearing the same costume.

>> No.7283517

>>7283370
Similar situation. I was waiting for a package and I had been tracking it online. It said it was "attempted delivery" but I never got a notice for it in the mailbox of my apartment. I had to go to the post office, and got in an argument with the guy because I didn't have the slip. How was I supposed to, when I was never even given one and I was not notified via buzzer that there was a package for my apartment!

>> No.7284075

People who buy clothes from the thrift store that look like something the character would wear, or looks slightly like the character's clothes ex: same color, same type of item.

>> No.7284142

It grinds my gears that people expect to get back what they paid for an item.
The girl on LSE selling her Sweet Cream House apron skirt is especially annoying/sad. I feel bad that she was stupid enough to buy it for that much, but damn girl, no one is going to buy a skirt from you at 1.5x retail when there's been a recent rerelease.

>> No.7284153

>>7284142
Yeah I've seen her on there a while. It's like, good try but you got the ugliest cut in the ugliest colorway and it's still in Stock in both the int and USA stores :p

>> No.7284159

>>7284153
I personally like the apron skirt and own it in pink, but I only paid ~175 dollars for it. I'm really confused as to how she spent that much; was someone really scalping that skirt for over $300?
I paid out the ass for my DDC (this was before the rerelease was announced) and still only ended up paying $240 or so.

>> No.7284174

>>7284159
She must have bought the first release for too much before the rerelease. Otherwise, she's just dumb.

>> No.7284198
File: 11 KB, 229x120, 1376888160419.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7283135
PICS OF THE BONDAGE, if you please.

>> No.7284208
File: 47 KB, 478x750, 5uy4tew.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a several:

-Loose threads or crooked stitching. It just looks lazy and sloppy, like you can't even control a goddamn sewing machine.

-Not blending in prosthetics, or doing a terrible job blending them in. I facepalm every time I see a cosplayer who hasn't blended in their elf ears or other pieces into their skin. It looks like shit and they should be slapped.

-When a costume requires some kind of weaving or a drawstring, I would really love to scold the people who decide to sew it on TOP of the fabric rather than inside it. Bonus points for loose threads.

-Shitty fabric painting. The type that looks like a translucent, smeared mess. (Looking at you, Homestucks).

-Bandwagoners. Cosplaying ONLY flavor of the month things like Rise of the Guardians, Avengers, Homestuck, and the like. I always assume they're just filthy casuals seeking attention and reblogs.

-Quilting cotton for clothing. Bonus points if it is patterned when there isn't supposed to be a pattern.

I'll be back for more later.

>> No.7284213

>>7281978
Yeah it was awful. Fucking gray paint everywhere.
>>7283082
Usually just video game or fantasy stuff. Don't get me wrong. Its not that they are cosplaying new stuff. Its that they are doing it just b/c its new and not to mention they're doing a horrible job of it. No time or effort in their costumes. Just a thrown together mess.

>> No.7284215

>>7284208
>like you can't even control a goddamn sewing machine

I dunno, anon, sometimes machines just have a mind of their own. Mine will go from working like a dream, to bunching and jamming and generally being a nightmare in one night.
That said, that's another one of my peeves; machines that decide they just don't feel like working. Usually, it's the most inconvenient time.

>> No.7284218

>>7284215
Same here. Last night in the middle of doing a line of bias my machine (for literally no reason) starts sewing backwards. I have to fuck with all the dials until it clicks over.
>POS

>> No.7284226

>>7284215
Ugh, I feel you. It's entirely a self-imposed problem, but my biggest pet peeve is when I literally try everything -- futz with thread tension, clean out the bobbin case, re-thread the machine, etc -- and it turns out my needle was dull. Makes me feel like a dumb noob every time.

>> No.7284231

>>7284226
And sage for double-post but the other thing I REALLY hate is satin-stitching shittons of Heat n Bonded appliqué and having to clean/change needles all the damn time because Heat n Bond enjoys destroying needles.

>> No.7284261

>>7284215
>>7284218
>>7284226
>>7284231
That's what seam rippers are for. My machine has fucked up on me too, but that doesn't mean you can't fix the problem and start over. Otherwise it's being lazy like >>7284208 said.

>> No.7284268

>>7284261
Except when you're sewing on a toaster that's pretty much guaranteed to fuck up. Also seam ripping nylon, which is what i'm working with atm, is a goddamn nightmare. 99% chance you'll have to start the whole piece over.

>> No.7284272

Don't you just love it when the news comes to your convention and they pick out the biggest neckbeard/weeaboo they can find? It's especially great when their coverage amounts to "haha look at these nerds"

>> No.7284273

Unhemmed garments.
This is a very noobish mistake, but I see it more often than I should.

Like I can get if the character's clothes are tattered at the bottom, but actually make it look ripped/burned, don't just leave it unhemmed and hope it'll fray enough to look post-apocalyptic.
(looking at you, shitty Kamina cosplayers)

>> No.7284279

>>7284268
Do you use a blue tipped needle? Using a regular needle on stretch or fabric will cause your machine to skip stitches and bunch up the thread.

>> No.7284288

>>7284279
<.<
>.>
no?
I'll give that a shot though.

>> No.7284294

>>7275501
oh god there were people at my Uni's anime club that would do this regularly because they were attention whores

Also what grinds my gears?

>Lol is that a (insert not widely-acclaimed anime here) cosplay?
>yeah, it was my gateway anime
>lol you can't have that as a gateway anime

fuck you, cunt

>> No.7284301

>>7275551
They're especially bad when all they are, are lesbians crossplaying and making out with their girlfriends for gifs. What's worse is the starchy "personalities" they give them. Its like they picked out a few, or more like one, personality traits the character had and only act out such traits.

>> No.7284304

>>7275501
When is cosplay appropriate? I can only think of conventions and themed parties.

>> No.7284313

>>7284304
Exactly

>> No.7284341

>>7284288
>not knowing to use a blue tip needle
Did you just blow in from stupid town?

>> No.7284358

>>7284341
nope. I'm sewing nylon onto canvas so I didn't think it would be much help. Which fyi it was not.

>> No.7284364

>>7283370
This happens to me as well. I'm always home when my packages come, but the mail person just puts a "missed delivery" slip in my mailbox, so I have to wait the next day and drive to pick it up. It's annoying.

>> No.7284366

>>7284341
For what it's worth, I know them as microtex/sharps and had to look up what a blue tip needle was.

>>7284261
Well sure, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying. I've done my fair share of seam ripping, doesn't mean I like it though.

>> No.7284380
File: 180 KB, 500x375, i578769.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>at fabric store
>there's only 1-2 yards of whatever trim you need
>you need several more
>ask employee to check if there is any more
>"Oh no, that's all we have."
I doubt you memorized the stock of all the trim in the back room, and there's no way you're always understocked every time I come here.
Go fucking check your inventory, you lazy sack of shit.

>> No.7284386

>>7284380
Eat a dick. I work in a store and i promise you after working anywhere for a while you do memorize how much stock you have of any one thing. Not to mention there isn't really "a back" of storage where a store stores specifically the thing you need. If its run out its probably on sale or popular. Either way you're not fucking special and we know if we have anymore.

>> No.7284390

>>7284386
I've asked when the restock days were, checked then, and they still told me, "Nope that's all of it."

>> No.7284402

>>7284390
and?
Then they had either sold it all, haven't gotten their stock, or just didn't order any more. Also when they told you "we'll have more on x day." they're just trying to get rid of you and make you someone else's problem

>> No.7284406
File: 359 KB, 250x214, 0000sbwe.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7284380
>>7284390

I work in a fabric store, and I can tell you that most of the time, unless you make a special order, whatever is in the store is generally all that store has at the moment. A lot of the times, the restock that a store receives is a random mix of notions like pins, zippers and thread.

If you need trim that badly, ask if you can make a special order instead of waiting around and acting like the employees should be able to summon what you need from out of their ass.

And if you really need it, call other stores, find out the SKU number of the item and ask if they have it. Better yet, just order it online.

>> No.7284407

>>7284402
>Also when they told you "we'll have more on x day." they're just trying to get rid of you and make you someone else's problem
And that's what I'm bitching about. Tell me you sold it all, haven't gotten the shipment yet, or didn't order anymore. Don't give me your lazy bullshit.

>> No.7284430

>>7284402
>"Oh no, that's all we have."
They did tell you, sounds like you wouldn't accept it.

>> No.7284436

>>7284366
Just because it's annoying doesn't mean you have an excuse to make your costume look like it was stitched by a 5-year-old.

>> No.7284438

>That guy who has to blast his shitty taste in music for everyone
or
>That 12 year old blasting the most dated "meme" song
I've seen people still blasting Gangnam Style. Surprised I managed to unintentionally avoid hearing What Does The Fox Say at my last con somehow.

>> No.7284439

>>7284436
That's a pretty slippery slope.

>> No.7284455

>>7284439
Laziness will get you nowhere.

>> No.7284461

>>7284438
>What Does The Fox Say
Furries ruined that for me. I know what the fox says: the fox says "yiff" when it's having sex. I was never in a state of confusion as to what noises a fox makes as it is a fact made abundantly and obnoxiously available; this song completely had no humourous appeal to me.

Also, I live in the fucking English countryside and know that actually foxes make a horrific screaming noise usually.

>> No.7284472

>>7284436
You're correct, I don't have an excuse to do that, which is why I don't, which you would understand if you had basic reading comprehension skills. I do plenty of annoying things on a daily basis because it is important that I do them. I'm currently making a costume piece for the third time because I'm still not happy with how it looks. That doesn't make it any less annoying; if anything, my frustration makes me spend extra time and effort on the project so I won't have to do it a fourth time.

>> No.7284475

People who wear REAL FUCKING KIMONOS as overcoats.

Don't even care about the cultural appropriating part of it. That's some nice fucking material, and your letting it drag all over the damn floor so that you can feel special.

There were three people in my high school who did this with mediocre kimonos, but one girl at my college who does it with one that clearly was one gorgeous quality, and still is except for the sleeves and bottom are completely ruined.

>> No.7284476
File: 7 KB, 139x104, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281350
On that related note, when you cosplay a character and a friend goes "why would you want to do this character? Are you trying to show off?"

Yes, yes I am. It's not because I like the character and think her outfit is nice, anon

Also, way up there, but people who cosplay YouTube lets players think they are being flattering, but they are just fucking creepy weirdos.

>> No.7284478

>>7284472
I'm sorry anon, it sounded like you were implying that it being annoying is a reason not to do it.

I'm a little tired from just waking up so my reading comprehension probably isn't best right now, lol.

>> No.7284480
File: 22 KB, 320x240, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281427
Muh nigga.
I love Mello fr death note too. I couldn't care less if a series or manga is popular. If I like the character, I'm cosplaying him or her.

>> No.7284489
File: 48 KB, 640x360, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7281946
I second this. Cut cocks are gross. And I think it's creepy and insane to cut an infant boys penis because your idiotic religion says so. I'm a woman who appreciates uncut cocks.

>> No.7284486
File: 18 KB, 199x200, 1377348136401.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm currently halfway done with a costume, and when my roommate asked me last night what I was making she went on for like 5 minutes about how I look nothing like the character and so I should just stop right now because it'll be "inaccurate".

Way to make me feel better, genius. I mean, she has asperger's and sometimes blurts things out that she shouldn't, but now I feel like shit because of it.

>> No.7284497

>>7282324
I felt like such a proud bitch at this past Magfest. I was talking to a Levi cosplayer and some girl brought up the whole Marco still being alive thing because "muh tumblr priveleges and headcanon"
I shut her down so fast. Bitch, do you even read the manga?? Does anyone read the manga? Marco is dead. He was worthless in the manga and they gave him a bigger part in the anime for some reason. Let it go.

>> No.7284500
File: 29 KB, 550x323, intense-lou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7284438
>>7284461

> mfw store announcements are usually shit like:

> "What does the fox say? He says he wants fresh made chicken! So come over to-"

I just fucking cringe inside every time. It feels like it's leaking into everything.

>> No.7284504

>>7284478
Hah, you're good. Half the fun of projects is bitching about them, right?

>> No.7284502

>>7284486
if she has aspergers, tell her that wasn't cool, and it hurt you.
you have to be blunt with aspies. I had an aspie roomie once, she'd spew out that shit.
she threw me out when I got tired of her shit and smacked her hard in the face with reality with some harsh words.

>> No.7284511

>>7284502
She requires an extremely detailed explanation on why things are not okay, otherwise she won't listen. And sometimes, no matter how specific I get with my explanations, she won't understand it. I tried telling her that it hurt my feelings but she kept going on about how being honest is a good thing and saying that I was the wrong one.

Fuck, she can be pretty chill sometimes but this whole "honesty" thing she has going really drives me up the wall.

>> No.7284516

>>7284461
>horrific screaming noise
I lol'd so hard.

I think my peeve is pretty simple. Cosplayers who have been cosplayering for more than two years but never bother to make a costume, style their wigs, etc. I know we all start from somewhere, so start learning!! I still mess up with seeing and I've been doing it for 5 years. You're not going to get sympathy from me.

>> No.7284561
File: 56 KB, 390x700, furisodedress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7284475
The Victorians used to do this and use them as dressing gowns, but, you know, in the house

This massive weeb that went to my college had this shitty robe thing that he would always just tie sloppily over his jeans and t-shirt. "THIS IS MY ROBE FROM JAPAN!"

>> No.7284565

>>7284475
Are you sure it's not an uchikake? Uchikake are meant to do this and they're usually much nicer than regular kimono even..

>> No.7284611

>>7284461
> horrific screaming noise
Oh god, there's nothing scarier than walking home alone at night and hearing a fox scream. They have fucking human vocal chords or some shit I swear.

>> No.7284619
File: 802 KB, 400x225, 702181400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There's this group of people in my circle of friends that I just can not stand.
They never spend any time on their cosplay and thus end up looking shitty. They're constantly crying about how they're going to quit cosplay because they're sooo ugly and bad at it but a minute after post bad make-up tests and a shitload of new cosplay plans. They constantly diss other cosplayers but when someone says something negative that can be related to them it's the whole houlier than thee act like how dare you say something bad about anyone else what a sad excuse of a human you are. They also have the need to do everything new and popular first which explains why their costumes are always rushed and shitty. Because if you're the first to cosplay from it then you're automatically the best amirite??
They also have the hugest egos I have ever seen, you can not complain about anything without one of them throwing a huge bitchfest how you're obviously talking about them!!1! I could say I dislike cheese and they'd somehow get offended.

Sorry for the rant but I just can't with these people.

>> No.7284632

>>7284565
Uchikake used to be used like that, but now they are really ceremonial and they cost and arm and leg, I don't really now why people would wear it on a daily basis (and by arm and leg I mean like fucking hand painted gold details on hand sewn silk gigantic kimono style of costing an arm and leg)
Uchikake are also super big, definitly impratical

>> No.7284637

I guess it's a pretty common gripe, but man does it bother me when people who don't suit the fashion own my dream dresses.
There's this one girl in my comm who has a face like a potato and a body like a sack of a potatoes, and a wallet as fat as her belly, who keeps buying beautiful 25" waist dresses and then never wearing them because she's too "big-boned."

>> No.7284638

>>7284632
You can find reasonably priced Uchikake, actually. I almost bought one for about 10,000 yen when I was in Japan a few years ago, but I spent the money at CC instead.

>> No.7284649
File: 942 KB, 480x360, 07 - FHV2x.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I absolutely hate it when someone cosplays a character from a series, and you know they would be more suited for a different character.

>> No.7284653

>>7284486
Can we see this costume you're working on?

>> No.7284660
File: 64 KB, 323x238, 1386186651623.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7284649
Or when they jokingly say they should probably cosplay the least attractive character in the series so they'd at least look the part and you feel bad for thinking how well they'd actually fit for the said character and want them to cosplay it

>> No.7284679

>>7284660
oh god that is the worst feeling

>> No.7284706
File: 49 KB, 1000x1000, hrm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mine is when people insist that you have to make your cosplays in order to cosplay.

Not everyone really cares that much to learn to sew and get a sewing machine, etc. Now, that doesnt mean it's not easy to learn, in fact there are plenty of helpful guides out there, but some of us are just fine with buying.

However, that doesnt mean you can just wear a cosplay right out of the box. Even if it looks great, there is always something to be done, mostly tailoring it to fit you. One of my coats needed buttons sewed on and another I completely replaced the hat because the one it came with looked terrible.

Same thing goes with wigs. Wigs should always have some sort of styling done to them.

Basically, I dont care if you make your cosplay from scratch or if you bought it an altered it, I just care that you look good in it.

>> No.7284718

>>7284706
Agreed. You seem like someone id like to know.

>> No.7284720
File: 178 KB, 500x387, mike-tyson-tattoo-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>When people start pushing their sjw beliefs onto you and use heaps of shitty buzzwords whose meaning they don't know to sound more clever
"Don't wear that yukata, that's cultural appropriation!" (Our teacher literally asked us to for a college festival)
"You're just projecting!"
"Stop gender-policing me!"

Cultural appropriation bugs me the most though, because that same slag got a shitty "tribal" tramp stamp instead of going to get a legit one, and is just talking out of her ass as the rest of them.

>> No.7284728

>>7284720
i havent heard many japanese people become offended at whities or other races for wearing traditional japanese clothing. in fact the ones ive met have embraced it, because it's becoming a dying thing (the majority of current japanese teenagers and young adults dont give many fucks about their heritage.)

>> No.7284759

>>7284728
This. I don't get why anyone would be offended, unless you tied it wrong and are an idiotic zombie.

>> No.7284767

>>7284728
I wear basics komon from time to time and old japanese ladies always compliment me and ask how I learned to tie it. A cute little lady even noticed her scarf and my kimono were the same patterned once, we took a photo together, she said she hope to see more people wearing kimono because it's pretty and japanese don't want their traditionnal clothing to die. I know this is just one person, she can't speack for everyone but every single japanese I've ever met while wearing kimono was really enthusiastic about it.

>> No.7284772

>>7284638
Vintage uchikake yes, but wedding ones are up to 10.000$ without any problem, given that they are made to order and sewn at your measurment. You can also find some great furisode for 150$, but the 4000$ made to order one will be forever way better.

>> No.7284786

>>7284565
If it were, she doesn't know it because she sure as hell brags about it being a kimono all the time.

She also wears it with an obi (improperly, she doesn't roll the kimono up and just ties the obi in a really ugly looking knot. Sometimes she uses it as a fucking scarf) on cold days. A unchikake wouldn't even have it's own obi.

>> No.7284788

>>7284706
Sorry, but you're not a real cosplayer if you're too fucking lazy to sew some damn cloth together. Quit demanding credit.

>> No.7284789

>>7284561
She wears hers that way, too. She also never ever fucking brushes her hair, which bugs the hell out of me.

>> No.7284792

>>7284720
This. I understood when people were getting up-in-arms about wearing Native American headdress, or even wearing prayer beads.

But... Culture is and always has melded and blended and been a shared experience. If we didn't share our cultural experiences then we wouldn't progress at all.

But try telling a SJW that and watch shit explode.

>> No.7284793

>>7284772
Yeah, but no one ever specified wedding uchikake. New uchikake are still being made for all formality levels, just at lower quantities due to declining interest and use.
I'm not saying that a $100 piece is going to stand up to a $1000 piece; I'm just saying that a nice $100 piece can be found, new or used.

>> No.7284821
File: 3 KB, 209x212, you card.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7284788
>not a real cosplayer

lol I bet you're one of those guys/gals who bombards people with questions to see if they actually know what they're cosplaying from...

...which is another pet peeve of mine.

>> No.7284822

>>7284793
100$ a new uchikake seems pretty strange but I'm used to vintage kimono so I don't know how the reday-mades one are priced

>> No.7284849

>>7284792
I don't even understand those, idk. I may be a hypocrite but unless it's blackface or some Mickey Rooney-tier shit I don't consider it cultural appropriation, and even then there's stuff like Yolandi Visser's black panther getup that doesn't really fall into that category. I wouln't even consider the tramp stamp appropriation, just good ol' being an idiot.

>> No.7284853

>>7284821
suck it down faggot
I ask every Samus cosplayer I see what their favorite Metroid game is
The Power Suit cosplayers all answer Super, Fusion, Prime
The Zero Suit cosplayers all answer Smash, Other M, or my personal favorite, "I just like Samus!"

>> No.7284858

>>7284706
I don't care if people buy their cosplay, make it from scratch, modify, whatever.
Just be honest about it, and don't enter a contest with it if you didn't make it.

>> No.7284863

>>7282353
>"THEIR GRANDMA DID IT!"
I wish this could happen to me.
>all of my grandparents are dead
>three died of lung cancer
>my mother's father fell asleep while smoking and burnt to death along with his RV

>> No.7284924

>>7284853
I mean...

I don't really like Metroid games as games, but I like Samus.

I'd never cosplay her, though.

>> No.7284938

>Only anime characters can be cosplayed at anime cons! Anyone who isn't from an anime or JRPG needs to GET OUT OR DIE! YOU ARE RUNING CONS EVERYWHERE!!!!
>What do you mean I can't do my anime cosplay at comic con!? Stop being a autsitic weeb hater you asshole I can cosplay whatever I want! You are the reason cons are starting to suck!

>> No.7284952

>>7279421

>social justice warrior-ing in fandoms

I think you mean in general. SJW and any other form of politics need to stay out of cons, comics, video games and the like. I love how much more progressive and supportive and understanding everyone of LGBT people before social justice and Anita forced their way in to this hobby. Now you can't even have tits without everyone thinking you are a feminist, be gay without everyone thinking you are going to bitch about CIS privilage, be a man with out everyone thinking your just trolling for pussy and rape, you can't say you hate one thing about them or you're a mysogonist homophobe bigot edgy teen /b/ virgin and you can't say you like one thing about them without being called a beta white knight tumblr rat tranny freak virgin.

I liked the days of comics and anime when it was about kicking ass and the only political drama was about spcae aliens wanting to take over the planet with pod people. Now everything Batman does has to be because whatever NBC or FOX say yesterday on the news.

>> No.7284992

>>7284952
Really? Go and be 15 somewhere else.

>> No.7285070
File: 47 KB, 500x667, Adam West is incredibly horny.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>That person who brags about all their sewing/crafting skills
>Demand you let them handle your cosplay for you
>They procrastinate on it, throw a fit whenever you ask about it
>When they finally make it, it's half-assed

>> No.7285077

>>7277944
Ugh same. Not even my friends will help me with that. It's just "Oh, you look nice." and that's it.

>> No.7285085

>>7284853
I like you!

>> No.7285097

>>7284853
I feel like maybe you don't actually ask them. I have a Zero Suit and Fusion was my favorite. One of my friends has a Zero Suit and the Prime series was her favorite. Another friend with her own Zero Suit enjoyed Super the most. So either you don't actually ask people, or your area is filled with a disproportionate amount of attention whores/bandwagoners.
>wahhh I asked 2 cosplayers and they didn't give me the answer I wanted. all girls are meanie fakers and just want my money! why can't every girl be like my dream cosplay waifu
That being said, Other M will always be the wrong answer to that question.

>> No.7285142

>>7284516
THIS

I'm not the greatest seamstress right now, but when I hear "why are you making that when you can just buy it?" over and over again it just pisses me off. THIS IS HOW YOU LEARN. I have never and will never buy a cosplay when I can learn and try my hardest to make it myself.

>> No.7285235

>>7285097
Shut up.

>> No.7285249

>>7285235

Now now, no need for a tushy tantrum.

>> No.7285334

>>7285235
Why you mad, anon? Walk me through it. Is it because I disproved your theory about ZSS cosplayers not playing the Metroid games? Or is it because I ruined your precious waifu because I'm 3DPD?

>> No.7285427

>>7285334
That wasn't me you were replying to before. Sometimes, you just sound like a bitch.

>> No.7286130
File: 434 KB, 1000x882, 1389167337341.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7285142

I don't really have anything against people buying their cosplays as earlier anon mentioned, as long as you don't enter contests with it or claim that you made it.
However I just started sewing and I remember wanting to make my own Chopper Timeskip helmet (last year) since the plush shit you buy look absolutely horrible and are not the right size.

People kept telling me I should just buy the plush hat and it really pissed me off.
(pic related it's the hat peeps were talking about)

>> No.7288018

>>7279418
He sounds adorable. Does he actually cosplay Jean or just have similar tendencies?

Similar note: I hate couples that cosplay couples, especially if one person is roped into it.

>> No.7288039

>>7281309
I disagree heavily with this. Especially people who staff, what's wrong with a drink at the end of the day? If you mean people who go to cons *just* to get smashed and be obnoxious, then fuck those people.