[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 141 KB, 640x480, lolicloset.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7266412 No.7266412[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

January is only a few days away.... you know what that means... wardrobe posts!!

Will you be participating?
Favorite wardrobe posted last year?
What did you add to your wardrobe this year?
Wardrobe resolutions for 2014?

>> No.7266440

>Will you be participating?

Hopefully. I was going to have everything done already but it didn't happen. There's still time left though.

>Favorite wardrobe posted last year?

I can't really remember off of the top of my head but Cadney's was nicely presented (although the accessories on the bed sheet was a tad busy to look at) and xylia-x's was rather nice to.

Overall though I really like posts that show off rooms or how people organize their stuff.

>What did you add to your wardrobe this year?

So many pieces! My wardrobe ballooned from 8 or so main pieces to just over fifty. I also added a whole heap of accessories.

>Wardrobe resolutions for 2014?

I want to flesh out my blouse and shoe collection a little more just so my outfits can have some added variety.

>> No.7266465

Not likely. I just started buying items this year and my wardrobe is really imbalanced - I have, like, 5 dresses, 1 blouse, 2 pairs of shoes and not nearly enough accessories. Maybe next year after it's been fleshed out and balanced.

IDK I'm a newfag.

Pretty much everything I own haha? I did just buy my first brand piece though, a JetJ OP I've been lusting after, so I think I'm happiest with that right now.

More shoes, a few nice chiffon blouses, another dress or three and at least 3 completed coords, preferably like... 5.

>> No.7266479

I would, I certainly have enough main pieces (30+) but I'd rather flesh out my blouse and accessory collection before. Plus I don't have the time. Hopefully next year.

I discovered lolita in February of last year so I briefly looked through the wardrobe posts of the prior month, I most clearly remember xylia-x and fanny rosie's.

Everything! My wardrobe consists mostly of skirts (20+) and I have like 20 bags. I certainly bought a lot more than I expected to.

Blouses! Shoes! I already started working on making my wardrobe mostly chocolate themed, but I want more choco pieces heh.

>> No.7266498 [DELETED] 

Yes. This will be my first time participating. I had nothing to post last January because I'd only been collecting for about a month.
I can't remember particular ones, but anything that was well presented and had cohesion. I am a huge fan of Xylia's. I love seeing room organization
A couple brand pieces (one OP, two skirts, one blouse, and two purses), many accessories, bags, and some BL stuff. Not too impressive, but it's enough to make a post now.
Definitely more shoes and blouses. Boleros are my comfort zone, so I rarely branch out and buy blouses. As for shoes, I need a little more variety than the 2 pairs I keep using in all my coords.

>> No.7266501

Yes. This will be my first time participating. I had nothing to post last January because I'd only been collecting for about a month.
I can't remember particular ones, but anything that was well presented and had cohesion. I am a huge fan of Xylia's. I love seeing room organization
A couple brand pieces (one OP, two skirts, one blouse, and two purses), many accessories, bags, and some BL stuff. Not too impressive, but it's enough to make a post now.
Definitely more shoes and blouses. Boleros are my comfort zone, so I rarely branch out and buy blouses. As for shoes, I need a little more variety than the 2 pairs I keep using in all my coords.

>> No.7266507

Noooo, I just started wearing Lolita this year, so I have a very small wardrobe.
I remember flipping through some, Fanny Rosie's was probably my favorite.
Everything I guess. Major things being some skirts and an AP bag.
Expand, expand, expand! I've experimented with a couple styles this year (country, sweet, classic) and now I have an idea of what direction I want my wardrobe to go (classic).

>> No.7266520

No. My wardrobe is only impressive by beginner standards. I might do a little post to Tumblr, but not a formal EGL post.
Blonde Debates hands own. She has almost al of my favorite pieces, even the Alice Playing Cards special in-store JSK in black.
All of my wardrobe.
My goal is to get at least thirty more things from my wishlist, including at least eight to ten main pieces. As far as specific pieces go, my top priorities are Lace Print, Gloria (AatP one), Lost Paradise, and Sleeping Garden. I'm also dead set on scoring AatP's Juliette blouse.

>> No.7266548

I hope to, if I have enough time.

Cadney's. I loved her photos.

Quite a few dresses and lots of accessories.

More blouses and shoes. I also want to hunt for more of my wishlist items.

>> No.7266556

>>7266440
>My wardrobe ballooned from 8 or so main pieces to just over fifty

Sheesh! Did you just start working a new job or something? So jealous.

>> No.7266569
File: 241 KB, 820x546, all of you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck all of you hypebeast niggas.

>> No.7266643

Yes. So excited.
Loved Buttcape's.
I doubled that shit.
More accessories, hats, and outerwear.

>> No.7266765

Hope to! I need to just find some time and motivation.

Can't remember off the top of my head but there was a nice one full of classic pieces that I liked and the way it was presented was done nicely. If there was anything else it was probably ones with a lot of main pieces in them or they had a good presentation.

Tons, I didn't do one last year but I have a lot more then I did the year before when I posted. I got quite a lot of big pieces and a huge shoe problem now...

I need more basic items and more accessories to coord.

>> No.7266770

I just started lolita this year, but I have some nice things that I'm excited to show off. Besides, it'll be an nice reference for the future. Especially since I'll be starting a new, higher paying job in January, so I expect 2014 will be a good year for my wardrobe.

>> No.7266775

Yup! I have quite a few packages coming in, so I probably won't post till the end of January, though.
I can't remember, but I remember there was this one girl who had a great wardrobe (classic and sweet, I think?) and the organization was absolutely perfect.
I've only added about 4 or 5 main pieces to my closet this year, but I'm feeling a lot more confident. (I'm up to about 15 main pieces, if I remember correctly. If I get all my orders in before the end of January, I'll have 20.) But my mother is a teacher, and I lent one of her students one of my dresses... Yeah I haven't seen it since October, but my mother's going to send it over once she gets it back. That or $100.
>Wardrobe resolutions for 2014
I want to get more simple pieces that I can wear as daily wear. So more solid coloured JSKs, Boleros, and simple hair accessories. Also one or two wigs that look like my natural hair. My hair is super thick and super hard to manage, and I only like wearing lolita when my hair looks nice.

>> No.7266798

Yup.
Fanny Rosie's and Xylia's wardrobes were my favorite presentation and collection wise (they both have many pieces from my wishlist), but I also loved Animerei's collection (all of that jewelry and thosenovelty items!) and Cadney's presentation.
I only started wearing lolita this year. My wardrobe is smaller now than it was a few months ago, actually, as I'm figuring out my preferences and my family hit a financial bump.
I have ~12 main pieces, but not a ton of basics.
I want to stock up on basics such as blouses, boleros, bags, and legwear as well as expand my jewelry collection, so that I can wear lolita more often. I'd like to get my hands on a few indie and taobao pieces (MC, mostly) as well as make my first direct from brand purchase. Adding a JM piece to my wardrobe would be nice as well.

>> No.7266824

Nope. I moved countries and left most of my stuff at home. Doubt anyone wants to see two dresses and a skirt with a bunch of offbrand blouses.

Didn't really have a favorite

More like what did I sell - trying to cut down and rebuild to work with my changing style. Favorite recent additions that I brought with me include Putumayo Cat window and Atelier Pierrot playing cards/chess print.

Try not to buy too much. I really would like to find Roland in black velvet (still kicking myself for missing it on maiden) but customs fees

>> No.7266852

Nah.
Faves include themugence, cadney, and gingerbreadgirl.
I only just started.
Buy brand, whether direct or secondhand.
Let go of ill-fitting items/learn to sell online.

>> No.7267192

>>7266412
I think so... still a little hesitant since my wardrobe is not very big (~15 main pieces).
I don't usually look at the wardrobe posts unless they're linked to here so I can't say I have a favorite since I haven't seen that many.
AP & Meta stuff mostly plus one Baby JSK. Some new shoes from BL and some wigs along with some offbrand jewelry that works well for classic. I changed my wardrobe a lot this year.
As of a couple months ago, I decided I'm going to stop buying stuff just because it's cheap and only buy things I really love. I've also decided that if a release comes out and I want it, I'm just going to buy it new instead of waiting until later because often it's more expensive if you wait.s

>> No.7267246

>>7266479

Chocolate themed buddies!

>>7266556
Trust me, it sounds far more impressive than it actually is.

I prefer non-print pieces which can go for pretty cheap prices and I bought a fair few IW lucky packs.

I stalked the fashion for quite some time before I bought anything so I was able to save a pretty good chunk of cash and I also don't go out much.

>> No.7267417

Maybe this is my first year in lolita, I have 13 or so main pieces, my wardrobe is pretty much all brand and I have a few rare/popular items but I feel my wardrobe is too small in comparison.
>I really liked Xylia X, Vysanthe, Fanny Rose and Alyssium Baby.
>Almost everything besides one BTSSB op I already had.
Purchase more blouses especially chiffon blouses, shoes and hair accessories. Buy an I.W Oddment pack. Delve deeper into classic and try to find some of the MM & VM prints I love. Try incorporating aristocrat with gothic lolita, buy a BPN jacket and Atelier Boz Roland. Also add an Atelier Pierrot corset bustle skirt or jsk into my wardrobe. Less gothic prints more staple pieces.

>> No.7267433
File: 117 KB, 720x720, this shit is BANANAS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not on EGL but I may make a tumblr post with just a picture of my closet
I love wardrobe posts in general, it's nice to see what everyone has but nothing sticks out of my mind in jaw dropping amazing
Color, I added more "mature" colors like red,black and brown. Though they were sweet styled dresses the color makes them seem more mature.
Incorporating more different styles in with my wardrobe. I plan to add clothes with Wa elements, Otome, and a few other styles of J-fashion. I'm slowly transitioning beyond just lolita and want to wear j-fashion every day.

Overall I think my resolutions are probably going to make me look like a hot mess to the lolita community, but I just wanna have fun and be creative. Hope everyone resolutions with the fashion go good.

>> No.7267434 [DELETED] 

Probably not, my wardrobe is still pretty small!
I liked the all black one.
90% of it! Spending is possibly at a grand, I don't know how.
Add focus and clarity by getting more essentials and less impulse main pieces that match nothing. I'd like to get rid of some stuff too but I'm too much of a hoarder.

>> No.7267435

>>7266824
We have similar styles anon! Cat Window is one of my favourite pieces and I'm on the hunt for a velvet Roland too.

>> No.7267438

Probably not, my wardrobe is still pretty small even if it feels huge to me.
I liked the all black one.
90% of it! Spending is possibly at a grand, I don't know how. Mostly dresses.
Add focus and clarity by getting more quality essentials like blouses and less impulse main pieces that match nothing. I'd like to get rid of most of my Bodyline too since I never wear it but I'm too much of a hoarder.

>> No.7267441

>>7266412
I can't do it.
I'm seriously ashamed of how much bodyline I have.
Who the fuck spends 800 dollars on a mostly bodyline wardrobe
me apparently

>> No.7267442

Is it weird to do a wardrobe post if you have under ~20 pieces? I thought I would do one, but a lot of people seem to think it's not enough.
I only recently got into the fashion, but I thought the wardrobe theme would be something fun to participate in.

>> No.7267443

>>7267441
oh yeah
>new years resolution: buy burando

>> No.7267447

I'd love to, but I always feel like my closet is too small and not filled with enough brand to participate...
I love Fanny Rosies wardrobe
A couple of Taobao skirts and two brand pieces, I really slacked in my lolita because I haven't worn it much in the past 6 months since I moved and no longer have friends around.
Sell the things I don't like/wear, buy more brand, and wear lolita more often because it makes me feel great and that is all that matters.

>> No.7267455
File: 2.61 MB, 384x288, 1385323862838.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nope

I don't remember but there were some good ones.

Best thing I got was an old dream dress for a bargain on the sales comm.

Get some goddamn blouses and accessories so I can actually wear my clothes. I have like 15 main pieces but I can barely scrape together 4 or 5 outfits because my wardrobe is so unbalanced. I just buy all the pretty dresses and neglect the basics. I have stuff in my closet with the tags still attached.
I just ordered another OP too, ugh...Heeeelp!

>> No.7267464

>>7267442
I think it's fine.
Just make sure you take nice photos and present everything really well.

>> No.7267484

I had fun participating last year so I'll be doing it again this year.
I don't really remember to be honest, but I enjoyed looking at everyone's wardrobes regardless of styles. It's fun to see different people's styles and things that different people really like.
I had a tiny beginner's wardrobe with a couple of brand pieces and a bit of offbrand/bodyline. This year I have a lot more brand things and I think my wardrobe is a lot more cohesive.
Add more classic elements (blouses, legwear, and a couple of bag/headwear options). Focus my big spending on pieces high on my wishlist this year rather than hopping on new hyped releases. I did a lot of impulse buying this last year and ended up selling off things for items I'd much rather have. I want do purchase more responsibly in 2014.

>> No.7267503

>Will you be participating this year?

Yes if I have time. It's fun looking at each years posts and see how you've improved or changed over the years.

I don't really remember who it was, but there was one amazingly huge classic wardrobe with a bunch if MMM, VM, and IW and there were tons of jewl toned items it was beautiful! I also always love Duplica's wardrobe!

A bunch of rare shit. Vampire Requiem, Milky Planet, Cats Tea Party, Twinkle Journey, Milky-chan, Iron Gate and a couple other "it" prints.

Since this year has been the year of throwing my money at every dream dress anyone's ever dreamed of, I'd like to get more simple items for casual wear that I won't be too scared if leaving my house in my $1500 coord for fear of something happening to them.

And more brand shoes. Bodyline shoes are ugly as fuck and every pair of SS shoes I've ever had have fallen apart on me immediately. Brand shoes always last for me and are fucking cute.

>> No.7267517

>>7267503
Good haul anon. I also got VR this year.

>> No.7267520

Probably not. I'm far too lazy.

I think the Deerstalkers videos. They were shot really nicely.

Bunch of things. New releases, TaoBao stuff, and a couple of dream dresses.

1. Use a spreadsheet to keep track of everything I have, so when I go to sell it, I know when I bought it, when it came out, and other details like stock number, etc. I've already started it, but it's not up to date yet.

2. Buy more blouses, skirts and accessories. I have heaps of JSKs and OPs, but not many skirts or things to go with them. Also, get some shoes from a higher end brand like Fluevog or American Duchess for classic coordinations.

3. Cull old items I don't wear any more. Especially the pink/sweet stuff and excessive purses.

4. Keep more of the items I sew. It's depressing how often I make things and don't hang onto them.

>> No.7267537

Probably not. My closet is pathetic at the moment, I'm pretty new.
I loved all of them...
I got a couple blouses and some sweet accessories, a bodyline jsk (which I sold), and a few pairs of socks. I have some pink BTSSB jsk and lyrical dot OP in back in the mail, plus an AP headbow, a jsk for my girlfriend, and a super late secret santa gift...
Make it bigger. Try to get more main pieces I can use (I regretted buying a bodyline print) and add more blouses and things I can mix and match.

>> No.7267566

i just might! i've never made a wardrobe post, so it would be fun to try. i have some organizing to do before i post, though -- need another table in my room as well as more wig heads.
mlle_camelia, ehcappella, and vysanthe
quite a lot, actually! sold off some old pieces as well. mostly bought dresses, but i also added more brand purses and jewelry to my collection.
more variety in my blouses and accessories. i would love some more brand shoes as well - i was lucky to grab some AP platforms on auction for 6000 yen about a month ago, and they are super comfy! i would also to have more everyday pieces that i can wear to work.

>> No.7267573

Most likely not. I have about 150 main pieces, some blouses, about 10 jackets, 20 boleros, 50 socks,tights, etc It would take forever to photograph it and I have a crap camera an zero photography skills.
I don't remember specifically, but I prefer good layout pictures over a huge wardrobe.
A lot. I admit I have some OCD issues and can get obsessive until I track down and own a piece.
Buy less shit! Seriously, I own more than I can wear already. I need more dresses like a hole in the head. I do need to have some things commissioned like specific blouses and underskirts that will perfect my looks.
I also really need to cull my collection and sell some stuff. I have no more room in my closet or my second closet that I bought specifically to house my loli.

>> No.7267592

Ladies, question: do you want to see anon's loliable offbrand in wardrobe posts? I was considering including a bit of it in with the brand pieces.

>> No.7267597

>>7267592
If it's really lolita without being in a coordinate (like a blouse or skirt with the right details), yes. If it's just a random cardigan that might possibly suit an outfit if you add the right accessories, then no.

>> No.7267641

How many main pieces is too little to do a post?

>> No.7267674

I want to, but I feel like I'll never have enough stuff to make it worthwhile. And the only camera I have is my cell phone.

pretty much any of them that had really nice photography, whether the wardrobe was something I liked or not lol

My closet basically tripled in size, and I bought all my dream dresses. But even then I think I only have about ~30 main pieces. Somehow that doesn't sound like enough to make me want to put in the effort.

My resolution every year is to quit buying so much shit, but if it makes me happy then I shouldn't feel so guilty spending money on things I like. So I think my new resolution will be to only spend a certain amount each month on versatile pieces I can wear day to day, that I can machine wash with ease!

>> No.7267680

>>7267592
only if it is awesome. Unique vintage pieces that will truly add to a great coord? Even better than brand. That blouse that you found at H&M that miraculously works with loli and fulfills all the prerequisites of a loli blouse? Great! A ratty tee shirt that has nothing to do with the fashion but you sometimes wear with a Bodyline skirt and sneakers? Please don't it will just be embarrassing.
I really love seeing the unique pieces that finish off a look that aren't necessarily loli (think FannieRosie's accessories) Just use your best discretion.

>> No.7267683

>>7267674
30 is a great sized wardrobe.

>> No.7267713

>>7267641
Less than 5 brand or equivalent quality main pieces.

>> No.7267723

Would you prefer pics of pieces on dress forms or laying flat?

>> No.7267724

>>7267713
So 13 brand main pieces should be fine?

>> No.7267726

>>7267723
Or hanging up?

>> No.7267743

>>7267441
What a Shame... 800 on crap quality clothes

>> No.7267775

>>7267743
I know.
I buy only the best pieces they offer(hence the sheer amount of money I've spent) but fuck, man, I've started buying brand and what was once nice quality in my eyes just doesn't compare to dat precious burando.
I still like the pieces i've gotten but it's time to cull, my niggas.
$400 BL sales post will be me

>> No.7267814

>>7267683
not compared to people like >>7267573 and others who have 50+

>> No.7267830

I'm not sure, if I do, I'd reuse photos of all the stuff I had last year and just add new stuff

amy the yu, cadney

26-ish new dresses and skirts I think? + blouses, acessories, bags, etc

Sell stuff

>> No.7267840

Yeah! First time ever but I got a lot more lolita stuff this year after a trip to Japan.
I can't think of many names, though I enjoyed ouji wardrobes.
A few things. Vampire forest, Teufel von Hameln, Meta British Stripe, Name of the Rose and whatever is coming in my meta lucky pack.
More socks and hair bows.

>> No.7267864

>>7267814

The bigger wardrobes can sometimes be a pain -- both for the person posting (photographing so many can be tiring), and for the reader (after awhile it becomes an endless scroll of photos).

30 pieces is pretty good. Even if you have 150+ pieces I'd recommend you take photos of only the your favorite pieces or the ones you think people would love to see and only post those.

>> No.7267877

Nah, I'm currently studying abroad, so most of my wardrobe is back home. I still want to flesh out some of my wardrobe anyways. I need more basic essentials.

I remember Shelby Cloud's was really amazing. I was fairly new last year, so pretty much all of the one's shown were cool to me.

I'll have been in lolita two years come January. This last year was when I got super serious about Lolita, especially since I finally got a job and had disposable income. I got my first brand item (an AP cutsew), my Dream Dress (Jewelry Jelly~), and about 7 other main pieces (mix of brand, indie, and Bodyline). I also bought a lot of shoes.

FLESH OUT MY WARDROBE. I have a lot of the basic essentials in pretty basic colors (I do sweet, so pink and white) but now that my wardrobe is starting to get more variety, I'm finding I can afford to put a few interesting accessories or blouses that match with specific coord ideas I have.

>> No.7267878

>>7267814
I feel that 30 is average for active lolitas. The more the better of course....

>> No.7267897

>>7267455
holy shit that gif is long, what's it from?

>> No.7267912

I'm really looking forward to everyone's wardrobe posts especially after the rise of classic and the slow comeback of gothic.

>> No.7267954

>>7267897
Reverse Google Search ftw
wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashita_no_Nadja

I'd like to if I can get my collection looking nice enough! We live in a small space though so my wardrobe space is small and generally unattractive

I don't know, I tend to forget really easily

A few brand pieces and babbys first Indie - Lief Stella JSK long ver

I need more accessories. I'm finally settling into 3-4 main colours and hope I can keep to it. I also need to get more adventurous with coordinates

>> No.7268011

As much as I'd like to, I'm ashamed of the lack of organisation. Maybe I'll just post dresses and blouses laid out on my bed because my sock drawer and shoe rack are especially unappealing.

Xylia_x, fannyrosie, Amy the yu.

Lots of stuff, though I toned down on buying lolita a little and channelled it into buying more cosmetics. I did manage to get rid of more stuff than I bothered to last year.

Try to have a more cohesive wardrobe (not sure if I can pull this off), switch out JSKs for more skirts and OPs.

>> No.7268191

No way. Still shaken from posting three years ago and getting a bunch of unwanted negative attention. I didn't post a lot and wasn't active on wank communities but someone tried to hack my gmail and LJ after I declined to answer job/personal questions on my wardrobe post.
Going to echo xylia's, fannyrosies, and redtonic for my flavor of sweet, awesome casual classic, and gothic. Vysanthe's was a treat too but I hope it doesn't encourage bad video this year.
This year was a little more conservative; a dress every month and filled out my basics and shoe collection. I love Fluevogs and Vivienne Westwood since I can wear them to work.
I think I will commit to getting some underskirts. But I want like five of them and don't want to drop that much at JetJ for something that will peek out under a dress.

>> No.7268201

>>7268191
Interesting... Do you have a very extensive and expensive wardrobe? I know people get hate but that is pretty fucking extreme even for the haters.

>> No.7268219

>>7268201
It was one of the bigger ones posted that year (six times bigger than average but nowhere near top tier). I don't even think it was a hater because I've never had a vendetta chan or anything like that but it's beyond people that you can have a job and pay for stuff.

>> No.7268221

>>7268191
wow wtf I'm so sorry you had that happen =\

most of us jellies just sit there being slightly envious but happy someone is enjoying so-and-so gorgeous dresses....to get hacked etc is just ridiculous

>> No.7268238

>>7267724
13 would be fine!

I did my first wardrobe post last year with 3 brand dresses, 3 brand skirts and 4 bodyline/indie main pieces (10 total). If you have a small wardrobe, I'd suggest put more time into how it's presented rather than just uploading pictures and calling it a day. I arranged mine in groups (brand, offbrand) and made nice looking collages to show what I had for example.

I'll need to figure out a nice way to present my accessories and socks. Kinda considering going out and getting a cheap white blanket so everything I lay on it photographs better.

>> No.7268239
File: 216 KB, 1500x653, Closet_Full_Feb2012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7268191
Ugh, sorry to hear about the harassment. On an unrelated note, how much do you think is a reasonable price to pay for a tulle underskirt? I've made a few for myself and was thinking of doing some as commissions next year, but I don't know whether I could charge enough to make it worthwhile.

Maybe? I'd like to, because my wardrobe has really changed this year, but I don't know if I'll have time to take all those photos! I didn't last year, because it was already Feb by the time I got all my pictures organized.

Xylia_x & redtonic.

JetJ. Lots of JetJ.

Get back to basics: I feel like my wardrobe has drifted towards being special-occasion focused, and I miss having lolita that works for everyday wear. I also want to make more of my own stuff and invest in some IW boleros.

>> No.7268243

>>7268239
placing your mannequin so close to the window (and in direct sunlight) .... your dresses are bound to fade over time. just needed to point that out.

>> No.7268264

>>7268219
I think I know who you are and I could not believe all the stories I've heard about it. Are you Australian anon?

>> No.7268375

>>7268243
Thanks! I actually moved it to the other side of the wardrobe a few weeks after this photo was taken for that very reason. Thinking about getting UV-block curtains anyway, because I have a bad habit of hanging my next-day's outfit on the wardrobe door.

>> No.7268387

Make sure to include this link in the next OP post for wardrobe thread~ http://egl.livejournal.com/tag/community%3A%20wardrobe%20post

>> No.7268442
File: 256 KB, 700x1200, l529-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7267441
Start watching the sales comm/auctions, you'll be surprised how cheap you can get burando for. I've gotten dresses in perfect condition for $80-$100 including shipping, whereas Bodyline wants $80 for pic related.

Don't feel bad about the wardrobe you have though; if you wear your clothes and enjoy them then it doesn't matter what brand they are. You can totally mix BL and brand too (even lolitas with a lot of brand have some Bodyline basics to pad out their wardrobes), so don't sell off all your old clothes at once. If you have any sewing skills, you could also try altering some of your old BL stuff to make it more kawaii.

>> No.7268717

>>7267877
Shelby probably had one if the most versatile wardrobes

>> No.7269831
File: 259 KB, 570x791, T2o.P7Xm0aXXXXXXXX_!!56271171.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7268191
For chiffon underskirts, check out little dipper on Taobao. They have around 6 colors to choose from.

>> No.7269838

I probably won't be participating since I have a tiny wardrobe(just started this year)

I've got a few blouses(a couple I need to add new sleeves too because they're those stupid cap sleeves) a JSK, two petticoats, and a couple home made skirts. I'm adding more skirts since I love hunting for fabric in the local shops and fashion district. I just picked up some floral fabric this weekend.

>> No.7269842

I only have one outfit right now and barely any accessories but I'm looking forward to doing it next year, hopefully I'll have an actual wardrobe by the .

>> No.7273276

The first wardrobe is up.

>> No.7273318

>>7273276

Her homemade stuff is very impressive. I also like the coords she did. It made the post interesting. Good post overall.

>> No.7273445

>>7273318
I agree I think she did an excellent job on her handmade pieeces and that she has a nice wardrobe.

>> No.7273570

Is anyone planning on posting yours soon?

>> No.7273682

Maybe. If I can get off my ass and take photos.

Ugh. I can't even remember now.

A lot, but my favourites were being able to find the Milky Ange Bernadette set and Chelsea JSK.

Buy blouses. Because I have dresses, but not nearly as much variety in the blouse and skirt department. Also, find another fabric I love as much as chiffon, because I've gotten a bit nutty about wearing chiffon blouses with everything.

Oh, and actually keep something I've sewn. Everything seems to leave my hands as soon as I've finished it and I don't get to do much for-fun sewing any more.

>> No.7273722

>>7266412
I will never post my wardrobe because I tend to buy, use and sell, so I only have 5 dresses right now, with some variety of accessories. sads.

>> No.7273811

>>7268239

Just wondering, do you have a closet? Or is that the door to your room?
I have a closet but I feel like it's sorta awkward hanging all my clothes in it because of the door, so I was thinking about getting a wardrobe like that.

>> No.7274217

Second post is up!

>> No.7274224

>>7268219
what is the average anyway?

>> No.7274226

>>7269831
not even who you're responding too but im hella thankfull - been looking for a while!

>> No.7274241

Yes! I'm happier than my wardrobe now than I was last year, so I'll post it.

I loved SiriusC's and Cadney's posts.

A LOT. Plenty versatile jsks, two blouses, some shoes, and plenty accessories. I'd say I've bought more this year than the rest of my time in the fashion all together!

More blouses, more gothic/classic!

My wardrobe is currently a bit of a sweet/classic split with a small splash of gothic, and I'm quite happy with the direction it's going in! I picked up a few choice pieces in the last year, and I have a dress in the post as we speak, so all is good! I reckon I won't post until mid-January, since my clothes are all in my college place and I'm not going back for a few days yet.

>> No.7274268

>>7273811
There's no closet in my room, it's an old house and even where there are closets, they're tiny. I like free-standing wardrobes - I have one in my studio room for lolita and everyday wear, and another in the basement for costumes.

>> No.7274284

Maybe at the end of the month because I'm waiting for some dresses right now. I've moved tought, so my place is not as cute as before...

Xylia's and Fanny Rosie's

More of my favourite brand, handmade items and a lot of accessories

I'm selling all my Bodyline, now my money will only goes on brand, with very picky choices quality wise. I'm really into quality over quantity, especially because I want to wear my dresss everyday and the simple the design is, the more important is the quality.

>> No.7274288
File: 11 KB, 250x187, 1385323862838s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Will you be participating?
Yes! This is my first year and I'd love to hear how I'm going with it - if I'm too all over the place with my colour choices, styles etc or whatever. I want to know I'm spending well.

I got serious in April/May that and I dont use livejournal so I had little idea of its existance..

everything.

PICK AND DAMN STYLE
that actually suits while you're at it! :/

>> No.7274739

I'm a little surprised at the number of sweet wardrobe posts there have been just now. I thought it was getting unpopular and classic was coming in, but I guess on /cgl/ we lean more towards classic, anyway

>> No.7274748

>>7274739
Sweet will always prevail

>> No.7274749

I wish I hadn't quit lolita and sold all my dresses but two. I could have an awesome wardrobe post, but now... eh. Maybe next year?

>> No.7274830

is it even possible to spend that much on BL? I thought they only had like four or five passable dresses?

>> No.7275601

>>7274830
with alterations more of them can be made passable. they have acceptable skirts and blouses too. plus plenty of shoes, socks, couple pairs of bloomers, a headdress, ect. it adds up fast if you don't just buy the cheapest they have to offer. problem is that recently i decided to switch to old school and have like 13 or so sweet pieces i want to get rid of now. I'm still keeping all my shoes, bloomers, blouses and a few of the pieces i'm still fond of, though.
i'm using ebay because fuck the comm sales.

>> No.7275687

Definitely! It'll be my fourth year doing it.
Can't recall exactly who the user was, but there was this fucking fantastic Gothic one that I remember had some amazing old rare prints. All of my drool.
Lots more chiffon blouses, a few new dresses and skirts, lots more classic accessories (hair and jewelry). The switch over to more toned down styles has been slow, and I feel like I finally caught up this last year.
More prints--I have a ton of awesome basics now, so I really need to focus on some beautiful prints, and maybe track down one or two of my dream dresses.

>> No.7275692

>>7273276
There are quite a few now, they came flooding in this evening... Thoughts on what's there so far?

>> No.7275703

>>7275692
Loved jahrhundert's wardrobe. I'm incredibly jelly of all of her JM.
Most of the other wardrobes were pretty meh, to me. The one with all of the pieces and jewelry but super shitty lighting was especially annoying.

>> No.7275716

>>7275703
I love how she took detail pictures of stuff. Makes me wish I hadn't already taken all my pictures, I would totally copy that.

>> No.7275729

I'm surprised to see so many people liked Cadney's wardrobe.. iirc it was just kind of a smallish AP sweet wardrobe, with a bunch of milky planet? I evidently can't remember her lj name so I can't find it again.

>> No.7275757

>>7268201
Spending ten minutes trying to see if someone's password is "password" on a couple of sites isn't really that intense guys.

>> No.7275797

>>7275692
Nothing really stands out yet. I like mau5chan's wardrobe the best so far, though that girl that posted earlier with two iron gates, well, had two iron gates.

>> No.7275808

>>7267878
exactly, just feels like I should until next year where I probably will have ~50 at the rate I am going.

Is it better to lay dresses flat on the ground, or to put them on a mannequin?

>> No.7275815

>>7275797
Lol you mean Jahr?

>> No.7275831

>>7274224
I think 25-30 main pieces (skirts/OPs/JSKs) is pretty normal, but I'd have to go through posts from last year to really remember. So far that seems to be about right.

>> No.7275843

>>7274739
I was also surprised by the number of sweet wardrobes too.

I can't wait until we get towards the later half of the month since that's when all the great wardrobes pop up.

>> No.7275853

Maybe, my phone's camera is kind of shit so idk. I might just post it here.

xylia_x, alyssiumbaby and chunlichan's were pretty bomb

Two dream dresses (and I'm about to acquire a third), some rare prints, otome I can get away with wearing as normalfag clothes, and a few really cute old school pieces. also a lot more blouses/shoes/pettis than I had last year. my wardrobe more than doubled. I'm really pleased.

Add more variety in my blouse colors, order some more custom blouses/main pieces from taobao/indie brands, decipher coording with colors outside my comfort zone (wine, ivory, black). Also to complete the sets for my dream dresses. I need more socks/legwear that's simpler and less sweet than my OTT stuff.

>> No.7275861

>>7275815
Oh lol, I didn't even realize. I found everything else about the wardrobe boring so I scrolled through. Classic just doesn't do it for me, sorry

>> No.7275880

>>7275797
Have you seen herajika's Iron Gate collection?

>> No.7275892

Are the wardrobes being posted on individual tumblrs?

>> No.7275928

>>7275892
They're on the main egl livejournal page. I'm sure some people are posting to tumblr, too, but it's not primarily there.

>> No.7275949

Augh I'm so upset that I can't post until the end of the month because I'm living at home on break right now. I can't wait for the really bad wardrobes to be posted.

What's everyone's favourite bad wardrobe from last year? I think the best was the "Sweet EGL" one that was all grandmother clothes, but the "I've been in lolita for ten years and all I have to show for it is this weird midget dressform" is a close second.

>> No.7275992

>>7275949
Also, let's not forget that weird thrift shop conglomeration wardrobe that sadly got deleted.

>> No.7276063

>>7275949
Goodness that one was hilarious
>OMG u gaiz brace urselvz for my totes amazeballs wardrobe lolita since the ice age yehaaaa best wardrobe post evarrr
>ugly fatty handmade crap and a few pieces of Meta for fatties

>> No.7276068

>>7275729
cadney_chan

>> No.7276128

Nah

Cadney's was cute, a couple of others were really nice too but I can't recall.

Toy Parade, AP bag, AP lucky pack, and a pair of Baby socks.

Cleaning out the stuff I never wear and really trying to focus on how I want to dress. Also, experiment with classic, it's so beautiful.

>> No.7276229

>>7275949
rabbit777
worst wardrobe post of 2013

most questionable bed sheet stains wardrobe post of 2012

>> No.7276237

>>7275729
It was nicely presented and the photos were pretty good, that's why I liked it at least.

>> No.7276263

>>7275992
Yeah, that was totally WTF. I kinda felt bad for that girl; the wardrobe was bizarre and I wonder where her headspace was when she decided to post it.

>> No.7276309

I'm hesitant to post my wardrobe. I have only ten jsks with off brand blouses and accessories that aren't really worth mentioning. I do have some pieces that are desirable but I'm a terrible photographer and don't think I'd give them justice...
What do anons?

>> No.7276311

>>7276309
do it any way!!!!

>> No.7276326

Man kinda makes me wish I decided to get into wearing lolita earlier in the year....I'd like to think I'm making decent progress but 3-4 months isn't nearly enough time for a poorfag college student to buildup a decent sized wardrobe.

>> No.7276328

>>7275880

Elaborate on this Iron Gate collection.

>> No.7276538

>>7276328
She has 4 iron gates.

>> No.7276543

>>7276538
Iron gate is hyped up , its not a very compelling print.

>> No.7276547

>>7276538
>>7276543
Hyped or not, where the fuck does she get the money for all that?

>> No.7276558

>>7276547
Like any other lady with some class, education and a career.
Shes a oxford university graduate.

Its really funny how lolitas always have a hard time grasping the idea of having a career and working. there is no secret to acquiring lolita that they dont know about. Its not a big secret guys.

>> No.7276591

>>7276547
She's had them for a long time so she probably bought them when they weren't so crazy expensive. Plus she works and has been a lolita for many years. It's not that complicated.

>> No.7276594

so what are some of the best one so far? I like Uduvihm but the yellow coloring to all the photos isn't fun.

>> No.7276685

Sooo... I'm kinda torn. My wardrobe is small (15 main pieces, of which 7 brand, no rare dresses) but I know I can present it in nice way (quality photos, closeups, maybe little drawings).

I'm pretty proud of how my closet's organised, but is it worth showing my powerlevel? I kinda like the fact that my comm can't estimate what I actually own - they have more impressive collections when it comes to dresses, but I'm definitely better at mixing things up...

>> No.7276734

>>7276685
Don't post it.

>> No.7276751

>>7276685
I say post it, but keep away from too many offbrand/thrift items. They always look a little sad.

>> No.7276785

>>7276685
If you are questioning whether or not to post, don't post it. Don't want any self-esteem issue people mucking up the theme. I hate how people worry about posting or post to feel validated.

>> No.7277490

>>7276685
I think good presentation is more important than number of items. Last year I had maybe that amount, but I have access to a decent camera, so my feedback was pretty good.

>> No.7277702

I thought I had a medium-ish wardrobe, but after seeing what people expect to be the standard, I'm not sure if I should post. I have a few lovely pieces, some nice prints, but nothing highly-sought-after.

It'd be about 20 main pieces, mostly brand, worth posting?

>> No.7277716

>>7277702
Stop being a faggot and post

>> No.7278065

>>7277702
If you take really nice pictures, no one will give a shit if you only have 15 main items. Good lighting and a clean area will work wonders for you.

Coveted pieces and big wardrobes are well and good, but I personally appreciate ones with nice composition, cohesive color schemes, and quality pictures more.

>> No.7278078

I wonder if we're going to have any dud posts. The current ones are all pretty good.

>> No.7278119

>>7278078
The month is young yet, there will almost certainly be one or two glorious fuck-ups!

There have been a couple with bad lighting, but none of them have been totally awful yet.

I posted mine last night. It's not super impressive, but I think the photos are decent and it's getting positive responses, so I guess that's good.

>> No.7278149

>>7266412
>wardrobe is all over the fucking place because cannot stick to one style for more than 5 minutes
>lolnope
>next year

>> No.7278315

Personally I love this wardrobe the most (2012 post): http://egl.livejournal.com/18175143.html

>> No.7278342

Hopefully. Just need to get organised and hope I can take reasonable photos (migh have to borrow a camera from somewhere).

I don't remember, but I usually love classic ones despite being super sweet.

A whole bunch of AP pieces and a lone IW one.

Downsize! New blouses, more classic, no more impulse buys.

>> No.7278355

>>7278315
That's a gorgeous wardrobe.

>> No.7279053

>>7268239
what;s the coat handing on the wardrobe?

>> No.7279521

A whole lot more wardrobes went up.

>> No.7280110

Pure moitie wardrobe arrived.

Every time I see Moitie in person I get a bit disappointed, but when I see it in photographs... hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnghhhhh

>> No.7280113

well im over it.

the comm is dead 90% of the time and then suddenly too many pictures of wardrobes. I never thought i'd be so bored of looking at cute things

>> No.7280159

Anyone see the latest post?
There are so many fucking sparkles and effects on the photos I can hardly see what she's showing us.

>> No.7280203

>>7280159
YES! There was another one with the same but not as bad. It's like 'look my wardrobe sparkles!!!!' or 'Mine isn't as impressive if i put sparkles around it no one will notice'

>> No.7280213

I really wish people would take a little bit more time to take proper photos of their dresses. Some of these angled shots really aren't doing justice.

>> No.7280450

>Guyzz it took me 6 hours to take these photos so you damn well better like it.

Girl we don't care how long it takes you to do your wardrobe post.

>> No.7280479

>>7276229
>rabbit777
>worst wardrobe post of 2013

Link anyone?

>> No.7280539

>>7280479
2012 - http://egl.livejournal.com/18181954.html

>> No.7280553

>>7280539

Thanks, but the picutes won|t load for me. Too bad...

I wonder who will earn the title this year.

>> No.7280571

>>7280553
who knows, but damn there are some badly photographed ones today. Tiny pictures, covered in glittered pictures, blurred pictures.

>> No.7280614

>>7280571
>covered in glittered pictures

Yeah, this one was awful, but the wardrobe was quite nice.

|blurred & bad quality

I hate those. Why...

>> No.7281472

lol http://egl.livejournal.com/19476732.html

>Here's mine at a glance. Too many to take out one by one. ^^0

Ok bitch whatever

>I just have SOOOO many things I can't be bothered to actually do a wardrobe post but here's my wardrobe post!

What not to do folks.

>> No.7281508

>>7281472
You might as well not post anything at all...I'm not surprised there are no comments on that one yet.

>> No.7281523

I really wish people would vacuum their carpets, nothing peeves me more then seeing people placing dresses on dirty carpet to take pictures on.

>> No.7281616

>>7281472
And it's gone....
Damn.

>> No.7281663

Nothing amazing up on egl yet...

Anyone have a favourite wardrobe post of all time (that is still viewable)?

>> No.7281737

>>7281472
this attitude reminds me of kirapop LOL

>> No.7281834

>>7280553
She deleted the pictures. The wardrobe was nasty and her sheets were covered in what looked like giant period stains. Got called out on it in secrets, she claimed she hadn't had her period in years. An anon found a comment from a few months prior where she talked about how heavy her periods were.

Were those blood stains? Who knows. But it was a shitty wardrobe post. It didn't have any comments for a really long time. She managed to get some pity ones after the drama.

>> No.7281892

>>7281663
what would be considered amazing? I thought I saw a few so far that were kinda amazing mostly due to presentation.

>> No.7281964

>>7281892
I'm guessing that infiniteneeya and herajikas wardrobe are amazing tier.

>> No.7282224

I like seeing the hangers that some girls end up take photos of...from wire dry cleaning ones, neon plastic, and the ones that use padded hangers. I think one girl had some one VM hangers?

>> No.7282238

>>7282224
i have a VM hanger... its plastic and has the VM sticker... that is all

>> No.7282256

>>7282224
I had it packed with one of my VM dress (I remember last eay a girl with a Fairy chiffon doll OP had one), it's just plastic with a golden 3D VM sticker, nothingin particular

>> No.7282258

>>7282256
year*

>> No.7282415

>>7282224
I have plastic hangers. I was meaning to invest in some nice padded ones since I found some on ebay for cheap. But... eh. I'll wait to I have a nicer setup to actually display my closet. I have my dresses laid flat on a white blanket. Sofar it seems to be looking nice. I just need to get pictures of everything else. I'm spending more time on the post presentation rather that just taking pictures and plopping them up asap.

>> No.7282917

Did anyone else notice that one girl posted her wardrobe and then turned around and made a sales post with about ten of the items? Wouldn't you not add them to your wardrobe post if you're selling them a.k.a. you want then out of your wardrobe? IS it just me that finds that off?

>> No.7282941

>>7282917
I thought that was really weird as well. She could have even waited to post her wardrobe a little later and either removed the items from the post or said that she had sold those items.
Having the posts so close to each other was really awkward.

On another note, do people hate photo editing on wardrobe photos? Specifically the sort of like slight purikura that some people have done?
I thought sugarplumhime's post was definitely overkill, but I liked the post where the girl had just drawn little things here and there.

>> No.7283092

Just looked through a bunch of wardrobes. I liked the girl who showed coords. It was laid out well.

But I can see where a lot of you are crying. Someone just posted the one and only piece that keeps me awake at nights and scouring auctions every week. I have been searching for it for 5 years and now I cry to see it posted.

brb... eating my feelings now.

>> No.7283096

>>7280159
yeah, but with a good filter and enough sparkles, the Bodyline DID look good.

>> No.7283108

>>7283092
which piece???

>> No.7283107

>>7279053
Une Couronne Noble Manteau
From Juliette et Justine. The print is flocked and it is stunning.
I have it in black.

>> No.7283116

>>7283108
It is a coat. Not one that I have ever heard of anyone else wanting, but it stole my heart and I pine for it. (no, I am not going to post which because everyone who has ever met me has heard of my desire for it and been asked to keep an eye out and I prefer to pretend that I am anon)

>> No.7283129

>>7283116
Gobelin coat? If so, it's pretty damn gorgeous, and it's been on my wishlist for a while, too.

>> No.7283942

Oh man, Redtonic's wardrobe

>> No.7283950
File: 27 KB, 500x281, 1370466658087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7283942
>mfw

>> No.7283989

>>7282917
I feel that I've seen lots of people put in items they want to sell, and then mention it in their post. I guess it's advertisement of sorts?

>> No.7283990

>>7283942
riotkitty too...

>> No.7283997

Any wardrobes you're looking forward to?
I want to see Fannyrosie, and god I'd just die if Sassy_strawberry posted again.

>> No.7284026

>>7283997
Is Sassy_strawberry still around? I didn't saw her post for the last 2 years or so..

I'm also looking forward to blonddebates and go_slowlys wardrobe, these two were my favorite classic wardrobes from last year.

>> No.7284088

>>7282917
I think it's weird, but I'm going to do it too. The wardrobe theme has a deadline, but sales posts don't. I'll take a few items I'm going to sell out just because I can't find room for them, but taking it all out would leave my storage spaces a little bare for the time being. Doing the post also helps show you what you want to sell. And really, if you went in to the year with it, it's fair game.

>> No.7284183

>>7284026
Not sure, I know the store Black Alice closed and she married the owner or something? And might have had a baby. She hasn't posted any sales posts on the comms but she could have sold stuff locally. She was one of my favorite lolitas and I wish she'd come back!

>> No.7284282

>>7282917

Personally I do not find them off. Since they have taken the effort to take the pictures and uploaded it, probably some people think it is practical to just make a sales post afterwards.

>> No.7284286

>>7283997

Tamie_love's
Lostnatsu's

>> No.7284297

All those wardrobe posts make me crave Bodyline's & AP's sailor themed stuffs. Are they hard/expensive to find?

>> No.7284312

>>7267503
Congrats on your purchases, but Vampire Requiem, Milky Planet, Twinkle Journey and Milky Chan aren't rare at all. Especially Milky Chan.

>> No.7284577

>>7283107
thanks. i really like the proportions of the print.

>> No.7284684

I can't understand all these l olitas being like, "Wardrobe post! Warning, it's picture heavy!"

Like, no shit it's picture heavy. Do you really think your wardrobe post is so glorious and large that the sheer vastness of it will makes our computers explode?

>> No.7284690

>>7284312
>Twinkle Journey
>not rare

anon how high are you?

>> No.7284711

>>7284690

not that anon but I've seen 3 twinkle journey's this month alone

>> No.7284712

>onlyeasy's wardrobe

Bitch has everything that I want and prints that I never knew I wanted before. I've never been so jelly.

>> No.7284805

>>7284712
>all dem coveted prints

Mother of god, I want them all. This post is by far my favourite so far. Not only for the prints, even the photography is great. Everything looks so neat and tidy.

>> No.7284812

>>7284690
I saw 3 twinkle journeys at one convention on the same day. Try that with Puppet Circus. (and no they weren't replicas). It's just highly sought after, and people aren't easily willing to give it up.

>> No.7284953

>>7284312
Twinkle Journey and Vampire Requiem are still somewhat rare.

>> No.7285065

I'm glad I took a look at onlyeasy's post. I really like her Royal Stamp collection. Makes me regret missing out on it!

>> No.7285073

>>7280479
This was her video from 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiC4leWEWJo

>> No.7285136

>>7282941
I really dislike stuff drawn all over photos, personally. Just nice clear photos is what I want to see, whether laid out, on a form, or on a hanger or w/e.

>>7283116
If it's the VM Gobelin coat, that goes up on tokyoalice all the time.

>>7283989
>>7282917
Yeah, people do this a lot around wardrobe season for the free advertising.

>> No.7286712

>>7284690
It's really not rare at all. I saw it at least 5 times last month.

>>7284953
See above. VR has been released and comes in 4 cuts and 5 colorways. It is constantly up for sale. I don't think there is ever a day when no one is trying to sell it for $500 or some other ludicrously overpriced amount. VR will never be rare. It's iconic, but not rare.

>> No.7286714

>>7286712
Forgot to mention, Twinkle Journey is also not only rare, but also pretty cheap. The JSK goes for less than 20000 yen on auction. Sometimes half that or less.

>> No.7286744

Anyone here have any criteria for judging a wardrobe post?

I kind of have a trifecta of things:

> picture quality (clear, well lit)
> items nicely arranged/displayed
> item quality over item quantity. I'd prefer to see a tonne of small wardrobes with nice pieces than large wardrobes filled with rubbish

Bonus points go to wardrobes that are pretty cohesive (or if they're eclectic are well rounded,) have nice themes, or that show off some organizational porn.

>> No.7286802

>>7266412

No, I'm just starting, my wardrobe is pathetic.

I don't know, I haven't been following them.

2-3 skirts, JSK, couple of blouses, made some accessories, bloomers and underskirt , still plenty to get (proper petticoat, shoes, long sleeve blouses).

Hunt for basics (cardigans and cutsews are hardest things to get for some reason), stick to classic/toned down sweet style, avoid loud eccentric items I won't wear anyway. Sew like mad (to finish all the projects I have been having in mind, I would have to sew 24/7/365)

Add color - I seem to stick to reds and browns, which is good for me, but it would be nice to have some variety. More dusted pink, emerald green, violet (it won't look cohesive, but at least it better then just brown-brown-brown).

>> No.7287572
File: 402 KB, 500x215, dream dress dance.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7283092 here.

so...I took a chance and wrote the owner of my dream piece letting her know that if she was EVER willing to sell it I am here, crying.

Guess who is getting her dream coat?
I am so happy right now.

>> No.7287594

>>7287572
Congrats anon!

Actually, I was wondering about this.... Would it be considered incredibly annoying and rude to message someone who has your dream dress to ask something like that? There is only one girl I've ever seen with my dream dress in their wardrobe post, but I thought messages like that were considered tacky and rude, so I never messaged... Of course I wouldn't message them about it if they were say, gushing in their post about how much they loved the item, but I feel like the piece, in the cut/color I want, is fairly rare.

>> No.7287630

>>7287594
I think it's okay to politely message them so long as you're willing to pay market price for the piece if they do offer to sell it. What would be rude is asking and then making a stupidly low offer or begging for it after they said "no" or something.

>> No.7287633

Most likely not, I only started several months ago. I'm really tempted too because I do have a couple nice pieces but nothing amazing so... I might do one on a personal blog or journal just for the sake of keeping record every year though. Maybe next year!

Only started getting into the community this year too, so no idea who's who.

Pretty much everything I currently own save a few things. Added 4 JSKs, a skirt, several blouses, shoes, purses, socks, etc. I'd like to think I'm making decent progress.

-Continue fleshing out my wardrobe, hopefully keeping the classic-sweet theme. I'm planning to do earthtones plus red and pink, and that's what my wardrobe currently looks like right now.
-Get outerwear, it's really hard for me 'cause I don't see it as important as everything else, but I get cold easily.
-Get pieces I could easily use for casual/otome 'cause I don't like having a bunch of stuff in my closet, only to be able to wear them once in a blue moon.

>> No.7287659

>>7287594
I think that if you are polite about it then it isn't bad to ask. If they say no or ignore your message then asking again, begging, or whining would be rude but asking once politely should be okay. If they are gushing about how it is their favorite dress ever that they plan to be buried in then no, don't ask.

I have personally been messaged by people who have seen my pics and inquired. Twice I have said no thank you and they have been polite. Once someone ended up getting a dress I wasn't really thinking about selling, but once I found out it was someone else's dream dress I realized that it didn't mean that much to me and would be better with her/ I would rather have $$$ than the dress.

I once got a dream dress because a loli posted it on Daily Lolita and mentioned that she didn't really like how it fit her. I messaged her and 2 weeks late it was in my closet.

>> No.7287691

>>7287594
If they're just posting it in their wardrobe post then yes, it's incredibly rude and tacky.
If they post it with some comment like "I'm thinking about selling this" then it's ok.
Signed, a lolita with several rare pieces who is sick as fuck of getting these types of messages every time she does a wardrobe post or even a D_L post

>> No.7287924

>>7287630
>>7287659
I certainly wouldn't harass them about it, simply ask if they would consider, I just wanted to get a feel of what the general opinion is about asking in the first place because of my own doubts.

>>7287691
And this is why I was unsure... I can definitely see how it would be annoying or rude to even ask if they don't mention wanting to sell it.

Anyway, thanks for the opinions, anons!

>> No.7288100

>>7287630
"Market price" for something they didn't post for sale? Go to hell you fucking bottom feeder.

>> No.7288146

>>7288100
...I don't think you read that post right at all. That misdirected rage.

>> No.7288256

God, the most recent wardrobe is dreadful.
Why don't people put more effort into taking and editing the photos? Even a small, offbrand wardrobe can look nice if you photograph it properly.

>> No.7288281

>>7288256
eh, at least you can see it and they aren't sideways

>> No.7288288

Nothing is worse than a wardrobe full of black items and they're all just detail-less blobs of black. I'd prefer washed out and able to see the details to that...

>> No.7288371

>>7284026
>>7284183
Yeah she had a baby. She wears loli occasionally but wears way more Black Milk (along with her daughter in matching nylon).

>> No.7288478

>>7288371
Oh dear, the curse of Black Milk. So many of my friends have also fallen prey.

>> No.7289432

I am surprised by how little comments some wardrobes are getting.

>> No.7289446

>>7289432
Well to be honest, who really visits egl anymore?

>> No.7289698

>>7289446
But people come back just for the wardrobe posts.

>> No.7290086

>>7289432
There's so many wardrobes this year. I only comment on the ones I really like,but most just look like crappy sales posts.

>> No.7290311

>>7290086
This. I was surprised, but half of them are "this is my first wardrobe post ever/my first egl post ever!" It's really brought people out from the woodwork.

>> No.7290408

>>7284684
That's a throwback from the old days of LJ when everyone had slow internet. I think it's kind of funny how that phrase has stuck around when it should be pretty much unnecessary for most people these days.

>> No.7290412

>>7286744
Basically the same, though I'm not too picky about quality vs. quantity if it's presented really well.

I have better ideas for how to take pictures for next year after seeing some people's posts--my photos this year were good quality, but pretty boring setting.

>> No.7290418

>>7290311
>>7290086
There have been this many wardrobes for the past couple of years. While I agree that it seems like there are more newbies posting, I don't think that the number of wardrobes has really increased. There were also a ton during the first few days but fewer each day now.

>> No.7290421

>>7290412
I'm super inspired by all the ways that people have been presenting, but because of that I still don't know how I want to do mine yet.

>> No.7290424

>>7284684
Haha aww, anon, image posts used to fuck up people's browsers/computers. If your computer is old or damaged it still might.

My old Compaq would freeze on image heavy posts

>> No.7290430

>>7290424
Yeah, but I just kind of expected that it went without saying that a wardrobe post is going to have a lot of pictures. I understand posting a warning otherwise.

>> No.7290448

>>7290430
I never really thought it went without saying. Some people have small wardrobes/don't take too many pictures of it

Different weh for different mehs

>> No.7290808

>>7290418
until a whole bunch of people do them at the last minute near the end and then you still get stragglers in to next month.

I'm thinking of doing mine soon. Kinda waiting on some items in the mail to get here.

>> No.7291263

Still in the process of photographing mine, I severely underestimated how long this would take me to do.

>> No.7291268

>>7266412
I have a small wardrobe and it's about half replicas and half brand... probably can't post the replicas, can I?

>> No.7291270

>>7291268
I wouldn't bother anon, wardrobe posts are to show off the prints you have.

>> No.7291283

>>7266412

Post already up!

Mah friends--I always check my friends' posts.

Chiffon blouses and gold x red and gold x black stuff. So much happy.

More accessories--hats, shoes, jewelry, and socks, and get a few green items as well. I want more green in my wardrobe, so my new question item is Moon Night Theatre in green.

>> No.7293384

Uhg, in regards to one of the most recent posts (the one that's a mash-up of styles rather than just lolita)

I know the girl explained that it's so she can document her own style or whatever, but it seems like if she wants to do that, it can be posted to her own blog or whatever. It's not lolita. I got bored and stopped looking after the second cut.

>> No.7293409

>>7291268
You can post replicas, but you can't post where to get them or where they came from.

>> No.7293433

http://egl.livejournal.com/19488590.html

>posting in a lolita comm
>not a single lolita dress

>> No.7293437

>>7291283
What day did you post your wardrobe? I'm a huge black x gold and red x gold fan

>> No.7293450

>>7293433
she has that 1 bodyline dress

>> No.7293453

>>7293450
>>7293433
>>7293384
Maybe she took the "wardrobe" theme too literally and that's why she posted every article of clothing she owns?

>> No.7293458

>>7293433

I still remember her 'what coord should I wear for family dinner' post. None of the coords are decent.

>> No.7293468

>>7293433
Well, at least we have the first horribly bad wardrobe of the month. A+ bad wardrobe.

>> No.7293512

>>7293433
>http://egl.livejournal.com/19488590.html

DAT SHOES cabinet, ugh....

>> No.7293536

>>7293512

I wonder if there'll be a BtB on it tomorrow.
*rub hands in anticipation*

>> No.7293613

>>7293536
It's such a mess I would not be surprised. At least take your shoes out if you are going to photograph. That's what I'm planning to do, in fact already done it. Getting ready to take pictures of my wardrobe tomorrow. So excited because I wasn't able to do one last year and I have had so much more items then the last time I did one the year before.

>> No.7293827

>>7293433
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, she wore the bonnet off a stuffed bear. I'm in shock.

>> No.7293831

>>7293433

Her coordination skills are like dolldelight tier man, wtf.

>> No.7293851

>>7293433
Her clothes are fine and she does have some cute things, but this would be better suited to her personal blog or Tumblr than a lolita comm. Like, hanbok and kimono? Really?
The only lolita/loliable items are that one Bodyline dress, a couple of the blouses, and the Taobao stuff she doesn't actually have in her possession yet.

>> No.7295198

That new post... yikes.
>dat shitty bodyline
>hell bunny dress
>ugly ugly ugly blouses

>> No.7295364

haha good god, how many people have no idea what an empire waist is supposed to be called? i have seen umpire and aspire so far

>> No.7295370

>>7295364
I'm calling all dresses too snug in the waist "aspire waist" from now on.

In regards to OP, I had considered participating. Maybe next year? I'll have a larger/stronger one by then, at least.

>> No.7296362

Princessastrid's wardrobe is so sloppily laid out, wow. Nothing looks pretty. What a shame.

>> No.7296768

>>7296362
Yeah, her Jelly collection is impressive but the photo quality is so poor and washed out I can barely even see it.
The timestamps are the icing on the ugly photo cake.

Aimichani has a nice legwear collection; I'm envious of all her tights.

>> No.7296794

Because I'm aspie and I'm anonymous, I'll start compiling a list of do's and don't's for myself, based on what I liked and what I didn't like about various wardrobes.

What I liked:
>dressforms (duh, but not really realistic for me)
> nice layout on a floor or flat unwrinkled sheet
>dresses laid out flat and spread out so you can see the print and detailing
>good contrast between the background and the dress (not always possible, but a neutral background seems to work best)
>detail shots
>coords

What I didn't like:
>dresses on wrinkly bedsheets (personal preference probably)
>hugely angled photos
> photos that crop part of the dress
>blurry photos ffs
>bad lighting
>every goddamn meh offbrand/thrifted item. Really frilly offbrand items are cool. Even F21 loliable stuff is nice to look at. The office shirt from Primark not so much.
>crowding items together. Three dresses in one pic is a bit much.
>brightly colored or busy patterned backgrounds

I don't have much of a wardrobe this year, so I'm not planning to participate. But hopefully by next year I can with the way it's growing.

>> No.7297198

The most recent wardrobe (benihimedenote) is just tragic. She's been wearing lolita for five years? I'd expect that after maybe five months. At least she has one AP dress, but there's also that crappy replica and "oldschool" offbrand.

>> No.7297210

>>7296794
I think this list is a pretty good outline.

>> No.7297240

>>7297198
I laughed more at her shoes collection

>> No.7297257

>>7297198
>>7297240
>five years
>four shoes
I try to not look down on obvious poorfags but knockoffs are crazy cheap.

>> No.7297255

I'm getting kind of pissed at the lack of decent lighting in my house.
Everywhere, except for one of my walls, is either garishly bright or rather dark.

I kind of dislike seeing hanging pieces but I guess it'll be the only way I can get decent pictures of my stuff.

>> No.7297358

>>7297257
Knock off shoes and cheap shoes in general get messed up pretty quick. I have a big wardrobe, but I probably will have less than a dozen pairs of shoes if I post them. Not because I haven't, over the years, owned more shoes, but because cheap shoes just get worn out / bad looking pretty fast.

>> No.7297370

>>7297358
Her shoes are cheap and offbrand, though. It's like she put absolutely no effort into buying lolita shoes.

>> No.7297484

>>7297198
According to her profile she's only 17 or 18 though. I "started" lolita when I was in early high school but couldn't afford to really buy much of anything for several years until college/work so I only had a couple outfits. Some people consider "dressing in lolita" going to a few cons a year in that one lolita dress they have, and if that makes them happy then I'm cool with it.
The Infanta and AP dress are nice though, so she's headed in the right direction. She took nice clear photos too.

>> No.7297497

>>7297358
I've been in the fashion a year and have about four pairs of shoes suitable for lolita (one actual proper pair of lolita shoes). My trouble isn't so much money. My wardrobe is almost all brand but it is very hard finding shoes to fit especially lolita shoes as I have size 11 feet.

>> No.7297532
File: 36 KB, 263x465, 7017_97ee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I find it interesting that there are always a couple Moitie-only wardrobes, but never any, say, AP-only or BTSSB-only wardrobes. There might be *mostly* AP wardrobes, but they'll almost always have some other brand items mixed in. Even the Japanese "AP clones" have dresses from other brands.
It's like Moitie is its own entity with the lolita-sphere because it's also the uniform of hardcore Mana fans. It seems to command more brand loyalty from its fans than any other label.
The all-Moitie wardrobes are fun to see though because they're so different from the others (mostly black, no colorful prints, etc).

>> No.7297568

> Will you be participating?
Probably not.
> Favorite wardrobe posted last year?
I don't remember... I liked ones that were very versatile and lots of accessories!
I probably doubled it when I went to Japan.
I think I need to thin it out and let some pieces move on but I'm just having such a difficult time deciding which. Lolita does not fit my every-day lifestyle and I can't wear it often but it's the largest portion of my wardrobe.

>> No.7297767

>>7296794
This is a good outline, but there's unfortunately a few things I can't do.
>good contrast between the background and the dress
>brightly colored or busy patterned backgrounds
I only have brightly colored sheets.
>bad lighting
My apartment has one window and it's January...

It's a shame because because my wardrobe is really nice, but I can't take good photos.

>> No.7297794

>>7297767
I went to target and picked up a $15 plain-colored fleece blanket and used it as a backdrop. Spread it over a comforter, smoothened out most of the wrinkles and took pictures. Used a chair and took pictures from high and about as straight above as I could get. (Then photoshop for adjustments, cropping, clone stamp for removing more wrinkles or taking out walls/floor that showed after cropping). I got a lot of comments about presentation and it was just a few bucks plus an extra cheap blanket which I can always use.

>> No.7297816

>>7297370
They're barely even loliable too. I'm new and poorfag as fuck, but I still made sure to get some nice shoes even if they're cheap and offbrand You'd think that if she has Musee she'd get nice shoes to go with it..

>> No.7297864

>>7297497
I have the same, I just always do size 270 bodyline 8)
less selection, but hey i cant complain much. At least im not at 280, then the pooch would be screwed.
Also antaina is good, special orders etc. woo

>> No.7297970

>>7296794
I'llbe sure to do this when I post anon!

>> No.7299002

>>7297532
In addition, I think that Moitie has a very specific look that you don't see in other brands. If you like that specific aesthetic, you're not going to find it with other brands.

When it comes to sweet, and even classic as well, you're going to find something similar across the board. Even if there are slight differences, there are many similarities.

Then you find that there's things you begin to fall in love with from different brands. For example, I may love AP's prints, and the trill of obtaining a new hyped release. But I really love Innocent World's quality. Nothing compares to Meta's craziness. I love Baby and ATTP's ornate details. It can be pretty hard to remain loyal to a specific brand after awhile because you want a little of everything.

>> No.7299386

>>7299002
I dunno about "specific look", I mean, I probably would mistake some BOZ and Pierrot as Moitie (some of the asymmetrical chiffon stuff all tends to blend together). Granted, there are less gothic brands than sweet and classic, but I definitely think Moitie fans are on a different level of brand loyalty altogether.

>> No.7299533

>>7297497
Western brands like TUK and Pleaser (Demonia, Funtasma and Bordello) do a size 11, although the selection is best for gothic/classic. Fluevog also usually go up to a 12 as well and they have a range of colours as well as gorgeous shoes. And Irregular Choice - if you want to make the shoes the focus of your outfit, they are the place to shop. I personally think they run a little small though so you may be stuck with a slightly smaller selection in a size 12, as far as I can tell size 11 is a routine size for them to make and size 12 is for shoes that are more popular.