[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 103 KB, 500x580, 1314492562775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7265612 No.7265612[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Can we have another local comm thread?
Talk about your lolita community!
>How big is your comm?

>How often do you meet up?

>How well dressed are they?

>Any dramu? Lolcows, etc?

I've just recently gotten back in to lolita and am currently in the process of rejoining all my old comms and building up my wardrobe. I didn't realize how happy it made me until now!

>> No.7266205

>How big is your comm?
Pretty big going by the Facebook page, but there are only about ten girls who go to most meets, another ten who attend mostly bigger meets and the rest mostly just lurk the comm page.

Not that often. Once a month if we're lucky.

The core group are really well dressed. Most of the girls who comm to the meets are beautifully turned out. There are a couple of itas but nothing horrendous. Mostly just chubby girls in poorly fitting Bodyline.

Not really. One or two annoying people who don't really come to meets and a couple of people who like to bitch here but nothing besides that.

>> No.7266224

I've been wondering lately, what really consitutes "a lolita comm"?

Is it all lolitas from the same city, even if they don't know each other personally? A group of lolitas knowing each other well and meeting regularly even if some live a few towns away? Being a part of local fb group or forum even without meets? What if you only see each other during cons? Can a comm encompass the entire country if there aren't many lolitas there?

I don't think we even have any comm, since the number of lolis in my area is a single digit, on better days... and we meet like once a quarter.

>> No.7266235

>How big is your comm?
A decent size. At least 30 on the FB page, and about 5-15 at each meet, which isn't a terrible ratio.

I personally don't go too often since the meets are often during the week and I work, but we have about 2 a month, sometimes more.

I think the majority are very well-dressed. We have two unforgivable itas (unforgivable as in clearly not trying and don't really want to) and two 'could use improvement' that clearly want to look nice and just don't have the money, knowledge or time (dunno which), which I can't fault them for.

Some. Not BtB-level, though we suspect someone has posted there about one of our members, they didn't use a picture but used some personal info that was exactly what happened at our comm. We have two girls who try to make every meet about themselves (one total ita and one mod), by being loud and generally obnoxious and that is annoying enough that it keeps some people, including myself, from wanting to show up regularly.

>> No.7266241

>>7266235
Is this an Aus comm?

>> No.7266280 [DELETED] 

>How big is your comm?
Around 70 people on the Facebook comm, but only about 15 (max 20) people who actually wear the fashion and attend meets. There are lots of people who come to one meet and then disappear completely, as well as lots of cosplayers and weeaboos.

On average, every 2 months perhaps. But sometimes we have mini meets with our closer friends.

For the most part, not very well at all. But the (few) girls who have been into the fashion for longer dress pretty well.

Not really, but almost everyone seems to think /cgl/ and BTB are evil and that anyone who goes there is a bitch. There is this one girl who has posted 10 times in the past three weeks, 8 of those (nooby and annoying) posts were all in a row. The comm in general seems to have a hugbox mentality and is somewhat sheltered. I don't mind that but there are lots of weebs and even the majority of well dressed girls talk in Wapanese at our meetups. Unfortunately most of my favourite girls don't wear lolita or attend meets much anymore, but I made a new friend who moved here this year and our friendship makes things a lot more fun. I think some of the noobs judge us for wearing brand though.

>> No.7266282

>How big is your comm?
Almost 100 on the Facebook comm, but only about 15 (max 20) people who actually wear the fashion and attend meets. There are lots of people who come to one meet and then disappear completely, as well as lots of cosplayers and weeaboos.

On average, every 1-2 months perhaps. But sometimes we have mini meets with our closer friends.

For the most part, not very well at all. But the (few) girls who have been into the fashion for longer dress pretty well.

Not really, but almost everyone seems to think /cgl/ and BTB are evil and that anyone who goes there is a bitch. There is this one girl who has posted 10 times in the past month, most of these (nooby and annoying) posts were all in a row. The comm in general seems to have a hugbox mentality and is somewhat sheltered. I don't mind that but there are lots of weebs and even the majority of well dressed girls talk in Wapanese at our meetups. Unfortunately most of my favourite girls don't wear lolita or attend meets much anymore, but I made a new friend who moved here this year and our friendship makes things a lot more fun. I think some of the noobs judge us for wearing brand though.

>> No.7266319

>>7266282
Which comm are you from?

>> No.7266342

>>7266224
I'd consider any organized group (fb, lj, etc) for the area is a comm. Meetups aren't necessary but being able to have fashion-related discussion is. If you're just a gaggle of lolitas wandering aimlessly throughout the city until you happen upon each other, it's not the same thing.

>> No.7266468

Does anyone know anymore about the Hawaii comm? I'm planning a trip and wanted to get in touch with them but I'm not sure after seeing this.

http://behind-the-bows.livejournal.com/58312.html?thread=22608328#t22608328

>> No.7266606

>>7266468
Didn't like Midori and Reika come to one of their tea parties as special surprise guests? I would assume Hawaii would have better dressed girls considering how close it is located to Japan?

>> No.7266618

I think we're around 120 or 130. There's a big range of who actually attend meets though. Sometimes it's 40, sometimes it's 5.

In the winter there are usually like two meets a month and in the summer there can be a meet like once a week.

We have a lot of really well dressed girls but lots of newbies too.

There are a few people just starting out that post annoying stuff to the community, but no one really crazy.

>> No.7266627

>How big is your comm?
200+ on the fb page, but like others have said, we have this problem where there's a core group of only about 30 active members and 10 who go to meets regularly.
We try for once a month, sometimes more depending on what's going on around town.
The core group is pretty good. Some odd choices here and there, but for the most part everyone is cute and well-coordinated. Once in a while you get an ita kind of insert herself into the group, but they almost all stop coming after their first meetup. Good mix of brand, offbrand, and indie in the group.
Not really. We have some lolcows but they've all been pretty quiet as of late. Mostly just shitty "seamstresses" trying to peddle their crap and the resident nutcase drug addict.

>> No.7266829
File: 276 KB, 624x335, 1365094218836.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Terribly small. The last meet had 4 people, including myself.
>There's a meet... Once every two months? If we're lucky.
>... Some of them aren't THAT bad. One of them swears by Milanoo though, and she's supposed to be the "big sister" of the group. (We don't really have mods... We have one that checks in like, once a year.) I get judged a lot for wearing "too much brand", though.
>One girl called me a "drama hungry, brandwhore, bitch who has no taste in anything and who deserves to have all my brand ruined" because I didn't go to her friend's meet. (there was a different one I already paid for on the same day.) But I think she's the only one running around trying to create drama. I pretended to forget about it and treat her like a friend and it drives her crazy. Other than that we only see secrets about the "big sister" girl. I honestly have no idea who posts them, though, everyone seems to love her.

In short I really can't wait till I move halfway across the country in August. I didn't find out till after, but apparently the comm where I'm going to be living is really good, with a bunch of nice (and nicely dressed) girls.

>> No.7266833

>>7266829
After I decided where to go, I mean. I haven't moved yet.

>> No.7266908

>>7266468
The tea party event was a private party organized by another member. Most of the people attending were that member's friends. Someone's been trying to stir up drama when there isn't any and got their facts wrong. There's a Vendetta-chan in the state that keeps trying to create drama about the mod but it's all bullshit. That's the Bianca in the comments.
The Hawaii comm is a friendly group. They have meetups once a month, sometimes more if there are other events going on.

>> No.7267040

>How big is your comm?
About 200 on the Facebook group. Maybe 75-100 regularly posting on the group itself. Between 25-35 active lolitas who attend meet-ups regularly. This is partially because members on the Facebook group travel from as far as two hours away and partially because we have a lot of people who joined to facilitate interstate travel.

There's usually a big meet two or three times a year. Regular meets are probably every other month. And friends within the group get together several times a week in different, smaller groups, though not always in lolita.

Pretty well dressed. There's a range of styles and experience levels, but we only really have maybe two or three glaringly bad examples, and they tend not to come to meets all that often. Most of the time, new lolitas or badly dressed lolitas make friends with other people in the group, and improve through their guidance (for example, we have a girl who can't do her make up to save her life, but she's super sweet and open to criticism, so some people have taken the time to help her out and teach her how to attach those lashes and prevent eye shadow fallout).

A bit. Most of it consists of people complaining that they're being left out of (non-existent) cliques because they weren't invited to so-and-so's lunch outing after work on such-a-day. Overall, there's less than I'd expect, given the large number of people active online. I mostly avoid the particularly annoying lolcow types online because I lack the patience required, but they're typically not as loud in their bitching in person.

>> No.7267067

>>7265612
OT

but i feel like if some random white girl made that same coord that girl on the way right made, people would make fun of her up and down on this board

>> No.7267151

>>7266606
How did they get both Midori and Reika to come to one of their tea parties?? Wish I had their connections.

>> No.7267201

>>7267151
http://animematsuri.com/update/hawaiis-youngest-lolita-meets-midori-fukasawa/

>> No.7267204

>>7267067
I agree.
However it doesnt really look like shes wearing lolita, it looks more like an independent fashion choice as shes just walking around. Her coord is shit but shes still really cute. So I think that makes the big difference.

Sage for off topic.

>> No.7267299

>>7266241
Nope. We're in the US.

But this isn't the first time I've told a story about my comm and someone asked in if it was Aus.

>> No.7267322

>How big is your comm?
not that big
once every other month
from brandwhores to bodyline
when I say brandwhores I mean actual brandwhores, I thought they were a myth before I joined. lecturing people "god, why doesn't everyone buy brand, just save up, jesus" which in reality saying that wasn't all that bad, but the fact that the head girls like to bring this up every community meet makes the others feel a bit awkward.
they also have a scapegoat which they scared away, and they are trying really hard to milk more drama from her, its also annoying to hear about that a lot

>> No.7267330
File: 591 KB, 500x243, giphy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

These threads are boring unless you name your community.

>> No.7267341

>>7266241
>>7266319
This sounds like an Aus Comm >>7266282

>> No.7267338

>>7267322

What comm is this?

>> No.7267348

>>7267341
I agree, is it Sydney or Brisbane? I haven't heard much drama from other aus comms.

>> No.7267350

>>7267338
its a small comm, and everyone goes on /cgl/ in it. there's no way in hell I'm going to say

>> No.7267388

>>7267341
I was thinking the same thing.

>>7267348
I'm pretty sure Perth got hit with a tonne of drama on BTB this year.

>> No.7267523

So I guess it'd be appropriate to ask here - what are your feelings on someone just passing through the area meeting up with your comm? Is it weird unless you know someone in the comm, or would it be cool? I'm just asking because this summer it'll look like I'll be in two different places for a month each (for internship and stuff), and I thought it'd be cool to meet up with other lolis in the area if I had the time.

I'm being terribly optimistic anyways especially since I'm barely on step 1.1 of apps. Oops.

>> No.7267525

>>7267350

Whoops, left my email in the first post from the sales thread.
I just ask because somebody on my Tumblr dash was saying they were having similar issues and I wondered if you were the same person.

>> No.7267529

>>7267523
I think it's fun. Plenty of lolitas meet up with the local communities of places they're visiting on vacation, so why not do it while you're there a bit longer?

>> No.7267547

>>7267525
link to this person? I'm curious if its the same comm, if it is, I'll tell you

>> No.7267569

>>7267348
>>7267388
Brisbane FB group has 196 members, Perth has 109. How many does Sydney have?

>> No.7267588

>>7267523
I dont think it is weird, I have seen plenty of people do that. Find the local comm of each group and ask if there are any meets during the timeframe you are there. You arent going to really get people who will make a meet just for you unless you are well known, but if you are there for a month you can try to make plans that work.

>> No.7267745

how is north Carolina? I saw the thing about ichibancon in the panels thread and am wondering if thats the norm...I know infiniteneeya comes to nc meets sometimes but I don't know anyone else.

>> No.7267757

>>7267529
>>7267588

Thanks so much for the input! I've only been in my comm for a short while, and I think they've only had visitors they knew from before, so I just wanted to check. And I'll definitely communicate with the group - I really don't want to impinge on their usual activities and rhythm, just wanted to see if there were any events at the time I am there. So I guess plan well in advance and try to communicate with them as soon as I get my stuff finalised?

>> No.7267767

>How big is your comm?
Hugenormous
They meet up often, in small groups or big events
Very well dressed i'd say, and like most comms has almost there girls and itas.
Not that I know of. Though recently lots of the lolitas I've looked up to in the comm are starting to wean themselves off lolita or feeling insecure about it after being in the fashion so long.

Just curious, does New Mexico have a comm at all??

>> No.7267782

Is there an Indianapolis/Indiana Comm? I'm close by the city and I've never seen any activity or any signs of a local comm. It's a pretty big city, so I thought for sure they would have something.

>> No.7267803

>How big is your comm?
We have almost 200 on the facebook page, however it has dwindled to 4-9 girls per meet now.

We tried once a month but it's going down in frequency

We're overrun by itas and by older girls who have stopped caring, there are maybe 3-4 well dressed girls
We have a wannabe efamous girl, and drama out our ears, if you ask anyone in the comm about us we'll all say that we're "really relaxed" but in reality it's cut throat.

I stopped participating in the comm and I was one of two organizers, I wonder who will organize now?

>> No.7267828

>>7267523
Haha, I hope it's not weird because I've done it. It sort of makes sense, especially when you've traveled to another city, state or even country to go to a convention or event. You lugged your frills all the way, might as well meet some people. You may just learn a few things about how other groups get along and plan events, and it could help you learn a lot about your own community. The last out of state meet I went to made me really thankful for my own local comm and their flexibility. :)

>> No.7267834

>>7267782
There is an Indiana group on facebook (70 members), but as far as I know the girls are pretty spread out all over the state.

>> No.7268076

>>7266829
off-topic and im sorry, but who's the girl in the picture? she's in my comm, and i remember seeing dramu about her at one point, but i forgot what she did (was it a scam etc)

>> No.7268086

>>7267547
>>7267525
alright, I understand if you want to protect her privacy, maybe just copypaste her text post? yes? no?

>> No.7268248

>>7267745
The most active on the FB page for that community are usually the worst but they rarely show up at meets. We're not all hamplanets if that's what you're asking.

>> No.7268265

>How big is your comm?
The facebook group has over 200 members. The core group is maybe 20 people but up to 60 show up for the large summer meet.
Some months have multiple meetups and some months have none. Smaller groups will have private meetups regularly.
There are a handful of incredibly well dressed members but most are ita as fuck.
The drama never stops. The biggest time was when a former member stole thousands of dollars from the community in a cancer scam. The itas have been at war with the brandwhores for years.

>> No.7268301

>>7268265
so many of you guys look so awesome, and -are- awesome. i still wish something more had been done about cancer-chan.

>> No.7268325

>>7268076
I wanna say its Holly Tea Time, but I'm not 100% on that.

>> No.7268334

>>7266627
NYC?

>> No.7268337

>>7268334
Nope

>> No.7268343

>>7268325
That is not HTT. Look up like fairy kei fashion on youtube and you'll likely find her.

>> No.7268346

>>7268076
http://fairykeiheaven.tumblr.com/

I wish her youtube was still up

>HARA-JOO-KUU

>> No.7268902

>>7266319
Not naming the state, but an American one. Not sure why everyone thinks it's an Australia one like >>7267299

>> No.7269628

>>7268248
>>7267745
Disgruntled NC comm member here, why doesn't anyone ask them to stop? They never come to meets anyway and I'm tired of itas plugging their panels and obese 20somethings talking about "if they can get their mom to give them a ride" and pandering for votes for shitty "lolita" deviantart fodder and so forth. I know the mods want to be nice and all but we need some damn quality control.

>> No.7269963

>>7269628
> 20somethings talking about "if they can get their mom to give them a ride"

I get what you're saying but this part seems so condescending, most 20-somethings (unless you mean late twenties) are poor and in college, or even if not in college poor nonetheless because it's hard to get a nice paying job right after high school. You need years to build up experience and then you get a better job. You sound like a spoiled kid whose parents handed them a new car at 16 then you look down on everyone who doesn't have one, despite the fact mommy and daddy are the ones who paid for it.

>> No.7269975

russian and german

>> No.7270280

>>7269963
Tumblr pls go. You obviously don't know who I'm talking about anyway. I'd never judge anyone for not driving/having a car in and of itself; I didn't get a license until I was like 19 and my job and degree don't match up either. However, it was a quick example to show that she's a pathetic NEET womanchild whose every post comes off like she's a 14-year-old desperately clinging to the fringes of an older crowd.

>> No.7270309

>>7268902
Ha ha, well at least it's nice to know that other comms have the same issues, because it totally sounded like my comm.

>> No.7270908

>>7270280
>Aus
Agreed. There's a difference from an adult without a car for feasible reasons and who otherwise is entirely functional, and adults who act like they're children.

We have some of those in my comm, too. I made the mistake of giving one girl a ride once, though I hadn't met her. Someone essentially just volunteered me and I was nice and gave it a shot. She texted the whole time, wouldn't talked to me, and was 100% down-home ita-tastic. She also never thanked me or paid for gas (which she said she would do when she asked for a ride),

>> No.7270937

>>7270280
Calm your tits, entitled-chan.

>> No.7270948

>>7270937
>"I didn't want to read."

>> No.7270951

>>7270908
>>7270280
What's the appropriate thing to say/ask if you don't have a ride, then? I usually just ask if someone wants to carpool (I'm at uni with no car, and my state doesn't have good public transit) and offer to pay for gas money.
Unfortunately the only two girls who lived near me graduated last year and moved away, meaning that I am now totally reliant on my boyfriend being available in order to get to meets. Is it inappropriate to click maybe and offer the reason when asked?

>> No.7270965

>>7270951
READ THE POST.

I'm not mad she wanted a ride. I'm mad that she 1) Didn't pay after promising to and 2) Acted like a spoiled teenager and generally treated me like her mother while I was doing her a favor.

Stop responding to comments selectively choosing the one or two words you didn't like.

>> No.7270969

>>7270948
"boo hoo this person I find slightly annoying cannot drive and mentions her mother sometimes boo fucking hoo waaahhhh"

Yeah. Okay.
Must feel nice to be that out of the loop with reality.

>> No.7270973
File: 117 KB, 1236x903, tldr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>How big is your comm?

154 members, but I've seen only half of them at a meet.

Usually once or twice a month.

The core members are pretty well-dressed, the others can be hit or miss.

One of our mods kicked out a girl because she had a fight with her. Her excuse was that she thought she was going to say mean things about her precious ~indie burando~ on the comm. Later on she posted a tldr list of new rules and policies that excused the mods from having to ban anyone who misbehaved outside of the comm coughMARIEcough.

>> No.7270972

What grinds my gears is bitchy anons who poke their dicks into other people's business.

>> No.7270975

>>7270969
lol anon didn't even mention the girl talked about her mother?

somebody is projecting, not that that wasn't already 100% obvious.

yes, your comm thinks your annoying for always asking for rides. stop arguing with strangers to deny this truth.

>> No.7271010

>>7270973
jesus melbourne, i understand wanting to cut down on spam but nazis much?

>> No.7271013

>>7270965
Woah, that was the first time I've posted in this thread, and I wasn't angry at all. I was just asking.
Ffs everyone in this thread needs to wash the sand out of their clams and calm down.

>> No.7271017

>>7270975
Anon, please read >>7269628, which is the comment this is all coming from, in which a mom is mentioned.

Why can no one read or keep up with replies anymore?

>> No.7271020

>>7270975
>She thinks I'm the person autism is ranting about

Wow. So much fucking stupid in this thread.

>> No.7272333

>>7270951
There's a difference between saying "if I can get a ride" and "if I can get my mom to give me a ride and let me stay out past curfew" when you're in your twenties. There's no shame in the second case in and of itself; the job market is difficult and people living under their parents' roof are privy to their rules; however, saying something like that in addition to making no attempt to disguise one's pathetic pandering womanchild lifestyle (not to mention being morbidly obese and spending all her money on shitty expensive replicas) just comes off as gross and awkward.

>> No.7272547

>>7267803
This sounds so much like my community... Almost sounds like something I would post.

>> No.7275110

Does anybody happen to know much about the Colorado comm? I've got friends into the fashion but they're about as newbie-level as I am and it'd be nice to make some more experienced loli friends who can correct my inevitably stupid shit and give more in-depth concrit.

>> No.7275282

>>7268076
Do you come to meets?

>> No.7275296

>How big is your comm?
There are like 150+ on our fb page, but maybe 30 active, and 12 who come to meets.
For the next few months, waaay too often! It's kinda pissing me off. Since we're not all extremely near each other, I don't want to go to 2 in-state 2hour away meets plus the big out of state one! But we kind of seem to all try to go to every meet and I'd feel like I was slighting someone if I didn't go to their meet.
Almost everyone is very well dressed. There are a couple questionable ones, and every once in a while someone shows up total ita. Being honest, I did that a few months ago.
One time this girl came to a meetup at a tea house, not a fancy one, but not a super casual place either. She was wearing a too-small AP jsk and no blouse, with her bright purple bra showing like 20%. Not just straps, but I could see all the outer edge.
I was like "Psst! Your bra's showing." and she said "Oh, it's okay." Bitch, that is not okay. You're making all of us look bad. I don't remember who it was or if she ever came to another meet. If she did, her bra was at least mostly hidden.
A little drama that's super boring to any outsiders. A few people sometimes seem to get dragged into the drama of a nearby comm, but I don't even really know what's going on with that.

>> No.7275480

>>7269628
Don't be disgruntled, tell a mod. I know at least two are willing to come down harder on stupid shit but for being branded heinous bitches.

>> No.7275702

>How big is your comm?
Facebook page has 200+, but actually active members are closer to around 50.

Once a month for sure, usually more. Depends on how busy the people who typically organize events are.

Core group is really well-dressed, mostly Classic and toned-down Sweet. We did recently have a pretty big influx of newbie itas, but the ones that have stuck around have been steadily improving, so that's good.

Not much drama. Used to be a couple of girls that caused drama all the time, but they've fallen out of the group/j-fashion, so it's been smooth sailing for the last few months. Every now and then something will come up, but we usually just gossip about it for a little while and then move on. Plus a lot of us go on cgl and the other wank comms, so people are pretty wary of spreading rumors/talking shit.

I really love my comm--I don't have many female friends outside of Lolita, so I'm lucky to be so close to the core group in my city. Some of us hang out a lot outside of Lolita, and a lot of us are also cosplayers, so we go to conventions together as well. It's really nice.

>> No.7275710

>>7267330
True. People should at least name their region/state/province. It's so ambiguous otherwise--half of these could apply to my comm, haha.

>> No.7275747

>>7275710
True, but my comm has an unwritten "No cgl" rule. I bet a lot of other ones do, too. What I wrote would probably be recognizable to someone from my community if I gave a region, and there aren't all that many of us.

>> No.7275755

Any info on a Pittsburgh lolita community? I've tried to find a facebook page but no luck.

>> No.7275781

Does anyone have any experience with the Cincinnati comm? They look pretty chill from their facebook page.

>> No.7275811

>>7269628
Fresh from the FB:
>"Will there be any meet ups in February? I want to do something with you guys for my day n.n but not actually celebrating my day lol I just want to go to a meet up"

>> No.7278069

>>7275747
Mine is super open about cgl, and a lot of people go on it, so the opposite can be a good reason not to post too openly.

>> No.7278075

There's quiet a few comms in the SoCal area. I recently joined up a few months back and hit an event and a meetup. The more I'm meeting girls, the more I'm liking them. I was nervous at first, but it's been pretty nice, and even finding at least one or two others who are on CGL. I haven't really meet any lolcows in my immediate group, But I did just join a little bit before that one chick that tried to scam fairytale boutique got banned from multiple comms for harassing members and mods.

>> No.7278090

>>7278075
I love SoCal, most of the different comms are typically pretty chill but you do get the occasional drama. Which honestly can be pretty fun to gossip about, as long as your friends aren't directly involved. I've been part of several of the SoCal groups for almost seven years now (mainly LA and SD) and while people come and go, the core groups have been pretty good throughout the years.

The girl you're referring to isn't quite right in the head, but everyone got so fed up with trying to deal with her (she pissed basically everyone off by being completely unreasonable and throwing hissy fits all the time) that she's now banned from almost all the main SoCal groups. Kind of sad, really, but she brought it on herself.