[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 84 KB, 320x248, sesgeswg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7249822 No.7249822[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What Lolita things are bothering you lately? Get it off your chest!

There's a new girl in my community, and she's absolutely insufferable. We're a really small community which is why it's hard to just ignore. She spent a lot of her first meetup warning people off Milanoo like we'd never heard of it, she keeps giving people online awful advice, and she doesn't even own any Lolita yet, she borrowed for the meet afaik.
It's petty and small, but it's a pain to have a newbie trying to school us about the fashion when we've all been into it for 4-7+ years.

>> No.7249829

The community is AWFUL at properly dealing with scammers. With such a (relatively) small group of people, you'd expect it to be easy to weed out the shitstains. You'd also expect people to be proactive due to the large sums of money being sent to and fro. But then people like Maikodolly and Marie from ODIP are allowed to continue participating in things with very little fallout or backlash. I wish lolitas would get more backbone and viciously ostracise the people who do harm.

>> No.7249835

I really want to make lolita friends, but I feel uncomfortable around people who dress worse than me and I'm scared people who dress better feel the same way with me. It's a vicious cycle.

>> No.7249838

>>7249822
In my experience, people like this usually calm down after a little longer in the fashion.

She has clearly done at least some research, and is likely trying to impress who she sees as senior community members by trying to look knowledgeable. Give her one or two meets and some time spent on cgl and she will likely start acting like a normal person.

I definitely feel you on this, though. I see this sort of thing (i.e. newbies thinking they know their shit) on tumblr all the time and it drives me up the wall, I would go absolutely batshit if I had to deal with that in person. Good luck to you and your comm, anon.

>> No.7249881
File: 291 KB, 499x249, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really fucking hate it when people show up to lolita meets in normal clothes. If you don't have anything to wear DON'T COME. The whole idea of a lolita meetup is that we're all part of the same fashion, why the hell would you want to be involved if you don't even wear said fashion? For that matter, why would you want to be the one chick in jeans and a t-shirt surrounded by frilly freaks?

>> No.7249884 [DELETED] 
File: 28 KB, 272x240, 1354153630390.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Frankly, /cgl/'s janitor is grinding my gears at the moment. While I agree with the deletions in the VenusAngelic video thread, the fact that for a couple weeks now we've had an "Online Doll Maker" thread running is really putting some sand in my vagina.

>> No.7249885

>>7249881
Do people really do this?

>> No.7249890

>>7249885
Yup. There were two girls in normal clothing at my most recent meet. Granted, one of them wasn't even interested in lolita and was brought there by a loli friend. I am not sure if that is better or worse.

>> No.7249917

people don't even know what ita means anymore
the last "ita" thread was a total disaster, because it wasn't filled with total disasters.

>> No.7249922

>>7249917
This

>> No.7249931

My gears are grinding over the way I still expect dresses to look like the stock picture once they're on my body, with perfect lines and not a single wrinkle of any kind.
But of course it's never going to actually fit like that because human bodies aren't dress forms. I know this and yet I am always sad about it.

>> No.7249937

>>7249881
I went to my first meetup in gyaru since the meet allowed all j-fashions. Does that bother people so much too?

>> No.7249943

>>7249881
I think it depends on the context of the meet.
I'm in the Philadelphia group, sometimes people who are just interested in the fashion come and I've only seen that at very public meets (like at parades, festivals and things)
If it's a meet to a special tea house or very thematic location I think it's in poor taste to come in jeans and a tshirt.
If I was a lone lolita I might feel weird about going to meet strangers alone and afraid of what the other lolitas might be like, I'd consider not dressing up to get a feel for the people who go and at least if you didn't like it you could leave.

>> No.7249957

>>7249931
With that perfect stock poof, too.

>> No.7249958

I knew it would happen, but my gears are grinding over the fact that my jellyfish dresses won't be here in time for Christmas, my birthday, or New years.
I wish KL would just be more realistic with their expected release dates. I wouldn't be so bothered if I had been told to not expect my dress until January, but I was told early November.

>> No.7250142

>>7249829
I'm really annoyed by this too, I seriously don't understand how Marie hasn't been totally shunned out of every inch of the community yet.

>> No.7250281

>>7249917
>anon got posted

>> No.7250291

>>7249890
are you in my comm?! the same thing happened at the most recent meet i went to as well.

>> No.7250322

>>7249885
There were 2 girls who wanted to go to my comm's ILD meet and not even dress up. Thankfully one didn't show, but the other did, she wore lolita, though she was ita as fuck, and rude to people who were curious about the fashion-but still quite respectful towards us- and late to boot.

>> No.7250342

>>7249829
I feel like in so many scammer cases, the moderation team royally fucks things up. Look at how they, back in the day, at least one mod stood up for bellebete ven though he was almost a YEAR behind his initial orders and had been giving excuse after excuse after excuse. Look at how wonderfinch said she had "sources" which proved maikodolly's scam was just a mistake.

Shit, look at what milkteamilk just said re: Yunni and Marie. Apparently, lying about traveling expenses, wearing customer's clothing, shipping late, not placing orders that they were obligated to place, threatening people with legal action for posting honest negative reviews, telling people they don't have to be refunded, reporting them to Paypal for wanting refunds, etc... is "attitude."

Yunni was pulling this shit as early as the beginning of 2013, and *the mods knew about it* yet did nothing. And shock and surprise, she's continued to do it. And I know ODIP has been talked about before. Yet they are doing nothing. They were quick to jump on rosaire--rightfully, if they have decided they are going to take action against people even if they aren't using egl_comm_sales for their service--but absolutely nothing for these people who have used egl & egl_comm_sales to advertise and promote.

>> No.7250356
File: 262 KB, 1280x853, cutiebunny.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

motherfucking flower crowns.

>> No.7250380
File: 74 KB, 394x406, 1387522030439.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7250356
>mfw I like flower crowns and I can't help but feel awkward each time this peeve comes up

>> No.7250402

What grinds my gears?

When you're at a meet and some one borrows your camera claiming they're going to take outfit shots of everyone, only to have it brought back to you with 50+ selfies inside of them posing with food and drink.

Birch, pull that shit again and I'm going to photo-shop dicks into all your photos, some will be obvious, others will be hidden in the background.

captcha: she veentst - Only you understand me captcha

>> No.7250453
File: 982 KB, 320x287, 1387524890009.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7250281
why do people assume someone got posted when someone complains about this?

I want to laugh because something is so goddawful, or cringe, I don't come to an Ita thread to look at something that makes me go "meh"

>> No.7250454

>>7250356
I'll wear flower crowns a bit more often for you. anon-chan.

>> No.7250494

People bringing their friends/boyfriends/siblings to meets is annoying as well if they don't know anything about lolita. Especially when it's a meet where only x amount of people can go. It's annoying to know you couldn't meet up with friends so their boyfriend could play Candy Crush on his iPhone the entire time. I have no issue with people bringing people to introduce to the fashion (if their actually interested in it)

>> No.7250505

>>7250402
Do it.

>> No.7250515

>>7250402
Shop the biggest, blackest, veiniest dick as the trunk of a tree and if anyone asks just say it looks like some sturdy ebony.

>> No.7250564

>>7249937
If it allows all J-fashions, no one should be mad. But if it's a Lolita meet, I kind of expect only Lolitas.

>> No.7250567

>>7250356
I like flower crowns fine.
I DON'T like people from random fandoms like Supernatural and Sherlock going to cons with flower crowns on. I feel it ruins the fun for lolitas.

>> No.7250575

>>7250567
You do realize the flower crown trend didn't start with lolita, right?

>you're so vain
>you probably think this crown is about you

>> No.7250576

>>7250494

The excuse is always some shit about how the person was their ride or whatever and it's like...can they not just drop you off? Unless the meet is miles from civilization, your boyfriend/mom/roommate/friend could find something else to do instead of sitting around looking bored and making everything awkward.

>> No.7250578

People who have never been to any meets before making demands about the location/time/date of a future meet that's already been planned.

>She doesn't even go here!

>> No.7250604

>>7249917
I sort of have a hunch that it's the same person posting loads of mediocre coords just to piss people off. I wish people in the thread would ignore those that aren't ita instead of wasting post count screaming "that's not ita!!!!!!" and arguing about it.

>> No.7250607

>>7250567
No, it's just you.

>> No.7250615

>>7250604
I personally think its uneducated newbies that do this.

this and the misuse of the word "weeaboo" really pisses me off.

"weeaboo" isn't that hard to look up
weeaboo doesn't just mean "anime fan"

a non-japanese person can like the culture, watch anime, speak the language and RESPECT THE CULTURE, while still keeping in touch with there own. Which keeps them from being a Weeaboo

a weeaboo is someone that likes anime to an unhealthy extent, while knowing little to nothing about actual japanese culture. they think japan is the "magical land of anime" and lets face it, its not.

>> No.7250613

>>7250356
I wear flower crowns for mori kei.

>> No.7250616

>>7249881
I was invited to a mini meet, it was outdoors and had a huge hill to walk up. I tried dressing up but it was winter and I didn't own a single lolita item, it made me nervous and I read about people hating it so I asked around from people who were apart of the comm or were new and went through this as well. Everyone gave me positive feedback and said people are kind for the first meet but I should find a proper outfit for future meets.

Was it so horrible of me to go outside of Lolita on my first meet up?

>> No.7250618

>>7250616
Well, you had the curtesy to ask instead of just showing up. Usually that one person not in Lolita is ignored unless they're a photographer.

>> No.7250631

>>7250618
That's the thing, I was ignored.
The only people who gave me the time of day were the boyfriends, the out of town girls who I talked to on the event page, the hostess, and one girl who I was stuck next to. The last girl completely ignored me with her back to me until one subject popped up and once the convo ended it went back to shunning me. It was a real downer...

>> No.7250634

>>7250631
Well, I wouldn't show up to a Lolita meet up not in proper attire next time. Sorry that happened.

>> No.7250639

>>7250634
Yeah I got the not so subtle message they were sending...I mean I just wished they were honest so I could have not come you know?

...but this isn't a I want to complain thread. Still that grinds my gears, two-faced girls. It's hard to plan when your sweet online and a bitch in person.

>> No.7250653

>>7250631
Honestly, does it really make any sense to go to a lolita meet without lolita?

I doubt anyone actively dislikes you, ut it's just plain awkward to go, even if everyone said it was okay.

>> No.7250667

>>7250639
I don't think they were being two faced. That shit is just awkward. What did you wear? Even if not lolita, you could if worn cult party kei, fairy kei or mori kei.

>> No.7250677

Skeleton tights/socks.

I feel like they could work with a pastel goth or creepy/cute cord, but I always see them thrown on a sweet lolita who's trying to be "edgy" or something. They clearly don't go with your cord, and 9/10 times they're made really badly.

>> No.7250679

Flats, lrn2walk or get the fuck out.

>> No.7250685

>>7250679
I don't mind the flats what have an actual sole not just that shitty cardboard shit. When they are good quality they can look nice.

>> No.7250689

>>7250667
Yeah I'm wondering too. Anon only said she "dressed up" but didn't specify how, and also is insisting that everyone is two-faced and ignored her (even though, like most people who make this complaint, I doubt she made any real effort to start or participate in conversations, as evidenced by the one girl turning to talk to her and then turning away again once the topic switched, oh no, how unheard of) and to me, that immediately brought the big red "cosplay" flags up. In which case I would probably be more embarrassed for you than bitchy.

>> No.7250691

>>7250677
>cord cord cord
Stop it.
It's Coord or co-ord, short for co-ordinate. It's not a fucking rope.

>> No.7250697

>>7250679
I have a problem with my ankles and when I walk they roll to the side, so I can't wear things with a heel bigger than one inch. It's not because I don't want to wear amazing and cute shoes, it's that my body is unable to. Some people can't wear heels and that sucks, but that doesn't mean that they will go against the rules of lolita for wearing something that allows them to walk.

>> No.7250701

>>7249822
Ah yes. The general town milanoo crier. They're a dime-a-dozen.

>> No.7250709

>>7250679
I only wear tea parties and other lolita flat shoes because I'm freakishly large, and don't want to be any taller than I actually am.

>> No.7250712

>>7250697
This.
Not every is able to wear heals. I wear chunky heels rarely for cosplay, but after a while it hurts because I have flat wide feet.

>> No.7250756

>>7250712
I agree with anon.
if you can wear heels then you should embrace your natural gift

>> No.7250765

>>7250697
>>7250712
There are other options between ballet flats and high heels. There's even a multitude of specifically lolita shoes that have very little/no heel, yet don't make you look like a stumpy duck.

Flats maaaybe can work in otome or mori, but lolita is just far too poofy and ornate to ever pull them off.

>> No.7250889

>>7250575
>was that Starfuckers

My peeve is people that post the most RANDOM shit in comms, but everyone is too nice to say, "Bitch, this shit ain't loli." I have some kids posting the tackiest shit in my comm saying, "This would be great for loli!" when it's literally shit I've seen at the ghetto corner store.

>> No.7250896

>>7250691
I really hate the term coord anyway. Coordinate sounds like you're trying to travel to some remote location in the frilly mountains or something. Coordination would make a bit more sense, but that still sound stupid to me. I don't know why it bothers me so much.

>> No.7250902

>>7249881
Honestly I'd rather people come in normal clothes than come as an ita mess when they are just getting into the fashion.

>> No.7250912

There is a girl in our local comm that is just getting on my every last nerve. She lies and boasts about everything, and talks about how she's the best of everything and knows it all, but doesn't know shit. She claims she was the head of the Toronto group, yet dresses like a hot ita mess, and had no idea what bodyline was. She claims Big Bang went to Anime North, and somehow no one but her recognized them, she boasts about how amazing she is at sewing, but then didn't know that she should simply move buttons over to make something a tad bigger.

I just want to say to her, I'm sure you are a lovely girl, just cut the bullshit and act like a normal human being. We don't care that you are new to the fashion, just that you dress half decent and are a nice person. Trying to impress us by lying only makes people not like you.

>> No.7250920

>>7250576
I rely on my boyfriend to take me to meet ups, because I'm a carless college student who lives an hour or so away from my comm's central area.

I think it would be really quite rude to have him drive me an hour both ways and then just leave him to do nothing in the middle of the shithole city that our comm meets up in.

So long as your partner dresses appropriately and isn't weird, I don't see why bringing them along is a problem. Then again, my boyfriend knows enough about the fashion/brands/comms etc. that he can crack jokes and follow conversation.

>> No.7251039

>>7250902
I'm not sure what's more awkward to me, ita messes or people in normal clothes. Ita messes of course looks worse than people in regular clothing but at least it's a step into the direction of lolita that they can then work on with help from the community. If someone shows up in jeans and a t-shirt because they're not confident with their coordination skills yet, people can't help them unless they ask very specific questions and even that doesn't go too far. Practice makes perfect, you know? Everyone needs to start somewhere, even if that somewhere is an ugly Milanoo disaster. At least that can be used as a specific example of what not to do.

>> No.7251056

>>7250896
I feel the same way. I've never understood why people don't just say outfit?

>> No.7251070

>>7250920
My boyfriend's the same, although I guess it helps that he knows some girls in the comm since I'm good friends with them and I meet with them often casually.
I had my boyfriend stick around for a recent meet because I was feeling a bit shaky and my friends who know that I get a bit anxious weren't there and I didn't want to make a scene. It was all good though, he knows his frills and he's about as creepy as a duckling.

If boyfriends/friends of people are actively talking to people and not being an odd lemon, that's grand I think.

>> No.7251077

>>7251070
>about as creepy as a duckling
Oh god that is such a cute description. Thank you Anon.

>> No.7251076 [DELETED] 

I tried to join the eglfeedback community and they assumed I'm a bot. ???

Idk why, my account has received and sent comments and has been active since 2012. Anyone know if I can still give feedback without being a member at least? O.o

>> No.7251104

>>7250575
they're in one of the 2003 GLBs iirc. AP made some and dedicated a page to them.

>> No.7251113
File: 20 KB, 463x365, 1387568651726.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7251070
anon is this him

>> No.7251149

>>7250631
"Everyone ignored me except for (insert literally all but apparently one person)!! Waaaah!! Elitist loli cunts judging me!!"

>> No.7251168

>>7250896
I feel the same way. I also hate hate HATE the shortening of words (temp for temporary, legit for legitimate, etc.) so that drives the aggravation rather than just flippant annoyance. I don't know what's wrong with the word "outfit."

>> No.7251173

right now one of the major things keeping me from going to meets is our resident 'tumblr famoose' lolita who is really obnoxious. she spends the whole meet talking about herself to the point where if the subject changes she visibly bristles and actually starts shit *wont say what she does cause i don't want anyone from the comm knowing who this is about* so the attention is back on her.

>> No.7251176
File: 347 KB, 427x500, 1387571204996.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7249822
What grinds my gears?

Lolitas who want all these types of meetups or activities
> oh wouldn't it be fun if this hypothetical situation happened
> oh I wish it was closer
> oh why don't we have events like this

but don't make any effort to create meetups or event themselves.

People who don't get involve but demand the world piss me off

>> No.7251177

>>7251173
nooo, tell me more, she sounds hilarious!

>> No.7251223

>>7250402
I like your style, anon. If it ever happens, don't forget to post them here.

>> No.7251278

>>7251176
This so hard. It's not hard to organize a meet, why can't they just make it happen?

>> No.7251279

*insert fandom here*-inspired coords.
Some of the drawings are cute and such, but I've seen so few done right, and they're all over the place.

>> No.7251285

>>7251279
I think part of the problem is that a lot of the people who design fandom inspired coords make it too "fandom" and not enough "lolita."

>> No.7251331

People who have never been to a meet-up before but post in the community asking if anyone would come to a meet-up in their remote-as-fuck rural location 2 hours from the metro center where the comm is located.

>> No.7251337

Old people that desperately try to fit in when lolita just makes them look creepy.

Don't get me wrong their are a few people in their thirties in my comm that are amazing. There are enough mature women in my comm so they fit in with out much of an issue. Not too mention that some of them have been following the fashion for over ten years (just trying to make it clear that I'm not talking about older lolita's in general).However there is one old guy that doesn't even show up wearing lolita. I wish he realised that an old man cross-dressing in Japanese street fashion makes the rest of us look like we're in some sort fetish club. Though he's nice and doesn't act creepy, he gives of the image of Mr Yan. There is another old lady who tries to fit in with the teens too much. She's like that kind of mom that tries to be besties with her daughters friends so she will start conversations about Twilight or boyfriends. She's an ero-lolita too, which makes it worse.

>> No.7251345
File: 556 KB, 1023x682, shnx.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7251070
By any chance, anon, did your boyfriend look like this by the end of the evening?

>> No.7251370

>>7251056
>>7251168
I suspect the reason is because of the GLB using it. The word “coord" is commonly used in Japanese fashion in general, and it's easier to say in Japanese than the word “outfit".

>> No.7251396

>>7251168
Omg same. The word "colorway" also bugs the crap out of me for some reason.

>> No.7251445

>>7249958
I'm really gutted mine won't be here in time for Christmas. With my birthday being February, it's quite unlikely to arrive in time for that either as I have the worst luck with the post.

>> No.7251524

>adorable new Baby dress on Closet Child
>only fifty dollars, fuck yes
>43 cm bust
>areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg

>> No.7251531

>>7251524
Closet child uses flat measurements, anon.

>> No.7251537

Laughing at all the posts getting defensive about their boyfriends. In the dozens of meets I've been to in multiple cities, I've only met one tag along boyfriend who wasn't dressed up actually make conversation with the group. Every other boyfriend is quiet the entire time and plays on his phone and the only person he talks to is the girlfriend he came with.

>"b-b-but mine is different!"

Nah sis, maybe you feel that way, but everyone else thinks he's a dweeb.

>> No.7251545

At our comm's most recent restaraunt meet, the 3 other girls all had boyfriends/husbands there and another girl came late with her mom. But they didnt sit right next to us, so everything was fine! I just thought it was funny everyone except me brought someone :(

>> No.7251553

>Be nice.
>Comm doesn't like you.
>Not supposed to care if people don't like you.
>Care anyway.

I should give less fucks. Sucks, because I like my comm - if they were all cray or I hated the comm, I wouldn't care as much what they thought of me.

>> No.7251567

>>7251553
I think it's worse when you don't know what they think of you. I can never tell if my comm likes me, tolerates me, talks about me behind my back, or hates me and I'm just missing the cues.

>> No.7251568

>>7251173
Is this NC? If so, she's really not going to meets anymore.

>> No.7251579

>>7251278
>>7251176
I think there are a lot of legitimate reasons for this. A lot of people are afraid of a poor turnout, a lot of people have an unreliable school/work schedule that might jeopardize their chance to attend their own meetup, they don't want to draw attention to themselves, the event requires a large down payment, etc. It's easy to organize a mall meetup or an art gallery meetup but the sorts of meetups that make people talk like >>7251176 usually involve organizational and planning skills, transportation, reliable schedules, money, confidence, and connections.

>> No.7251580 [DELETED] 

>>7251568
There is some on the website but they don't look very lolita to me. IDK, I just want a pretty classic styled blouse in navy.

>> No.7251582

>>7251531
really. huh.
i've ordered stuff from before but it was shirred, so measurements weren't as much of an issue for me.
if it pops up in blue i'll probably go ahead and buy it.
that reminds me, something else that grinds my gears thats entirely my fault
>blow cash on impulse buys
>dream items pop up and no money to buy them
i've got to be more prudent from here on out, gdi

>> No.7251591

>>7251537
I think our whole comm is "different" that way, then. I started out bringing my (then-boyfriend, now-fiance) to meetups because I'm uncomfortable meeting a lot of new people at once. Now he comes with me because he's friends with the other boyfriends and husbands that come. They play their PSPs together and go to pubs and stuff while the lolitas do other things. We both like it because he gets to talk to his friends that he doesn't usually get to see otherwise, and I still have him there for comfort and social recharge.

>> No.7251602

>>7251591
>not being able to go literally a few hours without muh boyfriend
>muh social anxiety

You girls make me sick. Maybe if you stopped depending on people and left the house by yourself a few hours a day you wouldn't need to be that 'girl that brings her creepy normal fag bf to meets.'

>> No.7251606

>>7251602
the hell is wrong with you?

>> No.7251612

>>7251602
I'm >>7251591 and I don't have social anxiety at all. You sound angry and hateful; maybe you're projecting?

>> No.7251617

>>7251602
Need you be reminded that you're on 4chan.

In relation to organizing meet ups, my problem is getting people to commit. This year hadn't been a good year. I'm crossing my fingers that next year my community will be able to have a meet once a month and that most people will actually attend.

>>7250896
Fucking, this.

>> No.7251626

>>7250494
As someone who usually hosts meets, I don't mind as long as I've been told ahead of time, and of course, it also depends on the exclusivity of the meet up. It's always nice when the lolita's SO has made the effort to look decent and behaves well (I'd want everyone to fill that expectation, really).

I actually prefer it if their SO dropped them off though. I'm fine with making conversation, but it takes off some pressure of meeting someone new.

>> No.7251636

>>7251602
although this anon's kind of sandy i agree with the general sentiment and feel bad for bfs of socially inept girls who get dragged everywhere like some kind of living security blanket.
if it's that bad you need to get help instead of making him take care of you.
>what is counselling
>what is medication

>> No.7251642

What gets to me is how stuck up all of you are about self-made or non-brand designers (who aren't ripping anyone off, merely making original work).

Not everyone has their parents' wallets to indulge their middle class white girl hobbies. What kind of community won't accept people who are still learning, while not educating them and talking about them behind their backs instead?

>> No.7251654

>>7251642
Not everyone relies on their parents' wallets. Some of us have careers to support our hobbies.

We do constructively criticize seamstresses that are just starting. A lot don't seem to take the suggestions or advice we give. It's not that we don't. We're tired of seeing the butthurt when we try to help them succeed. Also. /cgl/... if you're looking for a place to baby newbies, you're in the wrong place. Sure we've gotten nicer over the years, but we're not the egl hugbox.

>> No.7251658

>>7251642
>see skirt that obviously took $30 to make, simple pattern
>selling for $150

this is where I complain

>> No.7251662

>>7251658
>>7251654
I'm talking personal critiques like in the OP, not sales of items online.
The way so many in the community are slaves to brands when in fact (prior to the major labels, though given, inspired by high end designers) the fashion style sprang from self-made and thrifted items is saddening to see.

>> No.7251666

People who promise feedback and disappear when asked about it and those that lie about leaving feedback. I consistently leave feedback with everyone I do transactions with. Why bother telling me you've left me feedback when you haven't? Stop wasting my time.

>> No.7251670

>>7251662
...what. Sis, are you even in the right thread? OP is talking about a know-it-all girl trying to show off veterans in the fashion. And Milanoo is shit for lolita.

I support my local Lolita designers. If a product is good, designer is reliable, and I like it, nothing will stop me from buying it.

>> No.7251692

>>7251642
>wuh elitist burando whores don't love my joann's cupcake fabric skirt
butthurt detected

>> No.7251693

This fucking shit:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/*multimedia/tv/entertainment /*87619.html
(remove the stars)
Fucking lolita expert my ass, why does New Zealand have so many of these.

>> No.7251700

>>7251692
Actually I have never even been into EGL: I've merely observed a few acquaintances who were into it as well as this 4chan board over time, and frankly it seems you are all too stuck up to realize everyone has to start from somewhere.

>> No.7251711

A girl in my comm is convinced she's going to become an internet famous lolita or an idol. She does embarrassing photoshoots and videos and gives advice on her blog even though her co-ords are fairly average sweet. She'll make a public embarrassment of herself and then complain when she gets posted to cgl or btb.

She'll say she wants to get into classic/gothic/country buy one piece, do a shit ton of photos and then immediately sell the piece.

I used to be friendly with her but she just ignores any criticism given to her.

>> No.7251735

>>7251693
I really hate that this is associated with my country ;-;

>> No.7251741

>>7251711
Link to her blog? She sounds hilarious, I know someone like that as well

>> No.7251747

>>7251642

Have you ever met a real lolita comm? My comm coos over Bodyline and indie all the time. /cgl/ is just bitchy because they take a small complaint and amplify it like 1000000x online. Not to mention that I've seen ~el burando~ criticized here as well - blurry prints, bad cuts, awful construction, you name it. Pretty much all the brands have been criticized here at one point or another.

Actually, do you actually get to /cgl/ often?

>> No.7251766

>>7251579
the poor turnout can actually be a huge benefit to a meet, though, because then the group actually has time to chat and interact on a more personal level than listening to four different conversations and shouting about brand prints down a long table.
and yeah, it is stressful to organize a meetup, but it's not always so bad. sometimes it's as easy as "okay everyone is meeting here at this time", other times it's as difficult as "everyone has to prepay a deposit by this day, reservation is made by this day, gratuity for our group size will be this". it takes some social skills, sure, and probably ten or so minutes calling an actual human being, but usually it's not that hard. if people can't come on the time/day that the hostess set down, oh well.

>> No.7251774

>>7251642
Have you even been here before? We have indie and handmade threads on the regular. What makes us mad:
-"designers" putting things on the market without first building up enough skill or factory connection to put out a quality product
-simple pieces that require no skill or creativity going for brand prices
-designers who have no idea how to run a brand from a business standpoint and end up with delays, unfilled orders, rushed construction to keep up with demand, etc.
-designers who make a quality product for themselves and their friends but a poor product for paying customers
-seamstresses who have no idea how to design prints
-graphic designers who have no idea how to sew

and so forth.

>> No.7251802

>>7251177
Ok im just gonna say it. if they find this they find it.

she literally THREW CAKE at another girl for changing the subject away from her at a meet once. she was talking about how everyone was sooooo gonna recognize her at ruffle con because of her internet fame, they changed the subject, and she tossed cake onto this girl- dress and all.

the fact that they didn't kick her out right then makes me sort of mad, but she sort of 'runs' the comm and no one wants to be the one to start something. Shit though. frosting on my dress and i'd def start something.

she used to be really nice, too. something about lolita/the longed-after "internet famous" title brings out the worst in some people

>> No.7251804

>>7251802
hahah what the fuck. what a god damn child.

>> No.7251806

>>7251568
nope, not even close. glad other people have gone through the same nonsense, though. makes me less conspicuous bitching about in on anon.

>> No.7251805

>>7251735
You and me both anon, seriously i really wish that the biggest drama whores weren't hungry for media attention.

>> No.7251814

>>7251802
Holy crap. If someone did that to me, I'd probably get arrested for kicking the shit out of them. That's completely uncalled for. What a rude cunt.

>> No.7251821
File: 53 KB, 350x266, 1373710026334.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7251802
I'm with you, anon. I'm pissed your comm didn't kick her out for that kind of behavior. If it had been my dress I would've punched her in the teeth.

>> No.7251836

People whose clothing is falling off of them.

I've put darts in with sturdy safety pins before. There's always an easy way to make your clothing fit. Always.

There's no excuse for clothing hanging off like that.

>> No.7251896

Stop fucking bringing your boyfriends to meets if they're not dressed up.

It just makes you look like a fucking dependant.

>> No.7251929

>>7251711
Our comm has a girl like that, she also is "into" every other jfash out there (gal, fairy kei, shironuri) and does an absolutely half assed job at all of them

>> No.7252242

>>7251345
Why yes, yes he did!
Love an aul bit of sparkly wrapping paper!

>> No.7252272

>>7251636
I am getting counseling and I am on medication. I get on fine without my boyfriend in most situations, but big meetups full of strangers aren't those situations. Would you prefer I just stay home and never meet anyone else with the same hobbies as me? If my boyfriend didn't want to go t meets with me he'd say so.

>> No.7252278

>>7251700
>I'm not into lolita and don't really know any lolitas but HERE IS MY OPINION YOU ARE ALL STUCK UP BITCHES
Okay.

>> No.7252281

>>7251766
Have you ever actually organized a reservation-only event? It's like herding cats. 5 people will not show up despite their reservation in most cases, and then someone always decides to go last minute with no reservation (but never the same event where people bailed, only the ones where we have the perfect number of people).

>> No.7252286

>>7251700
It's not about starting from somewhere it's more than that.
>putting out low quality products
>charging too high of a price
>not taking critiques
>not learning from their bad experiences
rinse and repeat.

There are plenty of indie brands who thrive but they put out high quality products that can compete with brand, rather than just assuming they can price their items the same because they see the prices on other things. A lot of the failing brands are delusional and think that it's an easy market and a free for all, they'll never get better because of themselves.

>> No.7252287

>>7252281
You should always give the place an estimated number think there will be 10 people? 8-12. That way you'll be covered either way.

>> No.7252292

>>7252287
No. Maybe at the Olive Garden, but most nice places need an exact number, and furthermore can and will charge a fee if someone doesn't show. One girl in our comm got a $30 fee because two people just "forgot" that we were going to high tea at a resort hotel.

>> No.7252314

>>7252281
>>7252292
This so much. When I run an event with reservation-only place, I require full payment up front by a certain date with no refunds. Doesn't matter the excuse. If someone decides to turn up without a reservation, I turn them away. It sucks, but I usually give everyone plenty of time to RSVP and to pay. You don't pay or just show up? You will be turned away. I don't feel like shelling out money for other people that can't be bothered to be responsible.

>> No.7252320

>>7251700
You need to lurk more in the right threads (and lol acquaintances). If you only go to drama threads, obviously that's all you're going to see.

In a real lolita community, we do take care of the newbies that are WILLING to learn. We give good criticism where it's warranted. We at least try once to help; if they don't want to accept, we're not going to do much about it. Of course, there are always exceptions in a community, but the majority of lolita aren't so stuck up like you make us to be.

>> No.7252344

>>7251636
>>7251602
Think of it this way, sandy anon. Let's pretend a fun social event with your (willing!) boyfriend is chocolate ice cream, and a fun social event without him is vanilla ice cream. You prefer chocolate ice cream. You still enjoy vanilla ice cream and will gladly eat it if given to you, but if given the choice between the two, you're always going to choose chocolate.

>> No.7252382

>>7252281
i have, actually! luckily i haven't had the "no reservation but shows up" issue, though i have had it where the day before someone goes "OH BY THE WAY MY SISTER/MY FRIEND/MY MOM IS COMING", and i have had people just not fucking come and not call or anything. we have a couple people who have done that kind of thing a couple of times and i'm ready to just blacklist them from events.

>> No.7252525

>>7252344
But what if everyone else likes vanilla and you're forcing them to eat chocolate?

>> No.7252537

>>7252525
That applies to everyone.

>> No.7252559

>>7252537
Well if you're putting your one individual need before the group, then there is an issue.

>> No.7252580

>>7252525
It's more like you are eating chocolate because you like it, and they eat vanilla because they like it, and vereyone is okay with it because you don't have to care about other's favourite flavor

>> No.7252600

>>7251113

Not that anon, but my first thought was
"Perfect boyfriend. 10/10 would cuddle and feed duck food to"

Pets are better than normalfag boyfriends anyway.

>> No.7252608

Personally I hate men of any kind at a meet unless they're qt 3.14 as everyone else. If not then please get away.

>> No.7252613

I just want the secrets to be posted.

>> No.7252627

>>7252613
It will be soon I guess. Did you post anything anon, or are you waiting for something in particular ? I look forward to Bodyline and ODIP drama

>> No.7252646

>>7252627
I didn't post anything, I just love reading the secrets. A lot happened in drama this week so hopefully they'll be good!

>> No.7252648

During Halloween-time I work at an amusement park that features haunted mazes and whatnot, and I always ALWAYS see at least a few lolis come through my maze every year, usually not coordinated very well but sometimes they're wearing recognizable prints from Bodyline or something.
I guess it irks me because it's just so hilariously silly that these people would actually come to an amusement park to ride rollercoasters and walk through dusty haunted mazes in loli. My area is rather hot/humid even in the fall, and also my maze used water as special effects and it's very easy to get dirty or get a dress caught on a dusty old crate or something. I guess it's to be expected since it's mostly teenagers attempting gothic because ~halloween~ but still.

>> No.7252691

>>7252613
I have to go to a family dinner in an hour, I hope they get posted before then! I need that sweet sweet dramu to get me through a car ride with my father.

>> No.7252696

>>7252648
I wear Bodyline to amusement parks about 75% of the time I go (exception being if there's an attached waterpark or if it's WAY too hot). The reason you break out the lame BL stuff is exactly what you said- brand would get dirty.

I have yet to see someone wear Lolita as a Halloween 'costume', but I have had people at my boyfriends work ask me where I buy it because they wanted to 'dress as a baby' for Halloween. I just deadpanned and said "This dress was three-hundred and sixty dollars, actually. It would probably be better just to find something at Goodwill."

She was like 40, too.

>> No.7252733
File: 15 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7252696
For some reason as I was reading, I just imagined what you said in a Kelly voice.. "this dress was three hundred and sixty fucking dollars!"

>> No.7252734

>>7252696
>dress as a baby for Halloween
>40
what the fuck why would anyone think that was a funny costume
No actually, why would anyone think that was anything less than horrifying and uncomfortable for all involved??

>> No.7252761
File: 259 KB, 490x541, devry[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7252580

Except everyone has to interact with your nasty boyfriend who probably looks like pic related

>> No.7252762

>>7252733
This needs to be macroed, but I'm too damn lazy.

>> No.7252768

>>7252734
Horror is hysterical. Especially on Halloween.

>> No.7252770

>>7252761
If you don't want to talk to him then don't. I don't often bring my boyfriend to meets, when I do it's because he wants to. He is ok tagging along with my friends because he likes them too, plus is always dress up a bit (gothic romantic) and knows his frills.

>> No.7252777

>>7252761
>DeVry
Funniest part about that picture

>> No.7252785

>>7252608
Especially if your boyfriend is 30 and your community is high school age. Makes me uncomfortable.

>> No.7252792
File: 191 KB, 425x227, tumblr_m39lsyka7B1ql71g7o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7252761
Not that anon but GOD NO
I'm another one of those girls with terrible social anxiety (already on meds and seeing a therapist) and the only meetup I've ever attended I hardly talked to anyone and left early. I was really considering going to another one and asking my boyfriend along for support, but now I'm doubting myself. He's not even remotely creepy or awkward and would rather die than grow a neckbeard or wear a fedora but I can totally see why some girls would be uncomfortable with him there. I guess I'll just stay home and be a lone lolita.

>> No.7252795

Where is secrets? That's all that is grinding my gears.

>> No.7252799

>>7252792

A good way around this is to carpool with someone so you can have a one on one conversation with someone at first to get you comfortable. Or ask a female friend to come and dress her up in a casual outfit.

>> No.7252802

>>7252795
I'm all with you here. Hopefully secrets being late = a lot of secrets

>> No.7252819
File: 52 KB, 260x260, sc6000 (book).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7252792
Force yourself, I'm serious. I have similar problems now and I just take a xanax when it gets bad, otherwise just grit your teeth and go.
I used to suffer from agoraphobia, leaving 5m outside of my house would trigger strong panic attacks and once my mom took me to the store with her and I started crying and saying I wanna go home. I was twelve. She took me to a doctor and we started exposure therapy.
Contrary to the tumblr special snowflake mantra, "just telling someone to get over it" IS a legitimate way of treating anxiety. It works most of the time and there's a written guide by Dr. Edmund Bourne on how to beat it. Meds are temporary, they make you think that you can't do anything without them and that they're to you what spinach is to Popeye. So if you pardon my language, please dare to go bareback into the open world filled with scary people, it gets easier with time.

>> No.7252822

>>7252802
I hope so anon, that would be nice. When do you think they would help?

>> No.7252824

>>7252819
Forgot to add - helps to carry some medicine in your pocket. Don't use it! Just carry it with you and hold it when you feel bad. It'll make you feel safer. That's what I meant with the xanax comment before, I haven't used meds in some months now, just carry them around for safety.

>> No.7252852

I hate how mental illness is in vogue in most Lolita communities. It seems like every Lolita I meet has crippling depression or self-esteem issues or PTSD or social anxiety or some other psychiatric problem. As a well-adjusted, entirely sane Lolita I hate getting lumped in with the highly vocal crazies. At my last meet-up five out of the seven girls broke off from the group to loudly discuss what was wrong with them. Lolita isn't some coping mechanism my therapist suggested to me; I participate because I enjoy the creativity. Being surrounded by these pill-popping manic-depressives makes me think that "liking the fashion" isn't what inspires most Lolitas to participate.

>> No.7252857

>>7252802
Secrets are up anon!

>> No.7252855

>>7252822
>>7252802
They're up

>> No.7252868

>>7252855
misterlolita is screening all anon comments?

>> No.7252874

>>7252852
I just feel like they're trying to attention whore. It's okay to mention it once - you shouldn't be ashamed or anything - but to go "BUH BUT MUH DEPPRESHUNZ" and self-diagnose every ten minutes like insecure teenagers are apt to do is just plain dumb. And like that other anon said, crying "I can't just 'get over it'!!!GOSH MOM" on their tumblr and reblogging dumb sjw posts lecturing everyone on what a mental illness is (in a comic, to add insult to injury) is just plain annoying. Suddenly there's something wrong with anyone because they armchair diagnose themselves from having read a few wikipedia articles.
If there's something wrong with you go see a doctor don't cry to a bunch of strangers and bond over how inept to function in the modern society you all are.
There's ways to treat whatever you have and it's nice to let people know it for good measure but god damn sometimes it's all they ever talk about.

>> No.7253098

New lolitas who think their opinion is oh so different.

"Is it just me or am i not a BIG fan of cluttery-prints?"
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lolita-fashion/is-it-just-me-or-am-i-not-a-big-fan-of-cluttery-prints/t.89459211/

And then ask things like this:

"opinion on this dress on amazon..."
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lolita-fashion/opinion-on-this-dress-on-amazon/t.89449695/

>> No.7253106
File: 21 KB, 400x300, omgdress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7252762

>> No.7253127

>>7252852
>>7252874
Mentioning your mental health problems is completely inappropriate in a meet up setting, the same for physical health. Meet ups are for seeing friends and going out to have a good time not for counselling sessions and discussing just how terrible our lives are.
It's nothing to do with being ashamed it's just about recognising what is and what isn't good behaviour in a social setting. Will I talk about my mental health difficulties when I'm with a very close friend and it is relevant to the conversation? Yes. Will I talk about them at a meet even if directly asked about it? No because it is neither the time nor the place.

>> No.7253129

>>7252874
Just try asking these girls "Do you take treatment for your condition?" And all hell breaks loose. "OH I DON'T TAKE MOTHERFUCKING PILLS I DON'T WANT ANYBODY CONTROLLING ME. I HAD BAD REACTIONS TO EVERYTHING, THAT'S MY ALLERGIES FOR YOU LOLOLOLOL." They honestly couldn't name a single medication anyway and refused the very idea of alternative medicines or therapies.
>No, of course I don't go into a quiet, dark room and use breathing techniques to calm me down after an anxiety attack! I just go to the clubs and have a few drinks that always calms me down! I know my body, anon, that voodoo breathing shit is just a scam, I've tried it, I've tried everything.

>> No.7253134

>>7252761
I'm a picker and a grinner. I'm a lover and I'm a sinner. I play my music in (a leather trenchcoat in) the sun.

>> No.7253145
File: 2.94 MB, 420x315, 1387588506455.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep on having huge fights with my younger sister and each time I am worried after a fight because my wardrobe is in her room as mine is too small. I get worried she'll try and destroy one of my dresses. She hasn't yet but I hope that's because she knows I will literally kill her if she did.

>> No.7253148

>>7253129
Shit I tried a bunch of different meds for my anxiety/panic disorder (anon from before here) and none of them did anything. No adverse reactions, but I felt the damn same. Only xanax helps and only if I take it once in a million years because your body gets used to it otherwise and it's addictive. Not trying to go all "back in my day..." but all I hear is how hard it is for these kids and how this or that drug is like, so weird I sprained my eyelash yesterday because of it.
If they had actually been to a doctor they would know that unless it's a severe disorder meds are only temporary and what actually helps is therapy. And no therapy involves sitting at home and crying about it, at least for any form of anxiety.

>> No.7253149

>>7253129
I work in mental health and I love catching people out

>> No.7253154

>>7253149
Most of these are shitty armchair diagnoses anyway, "omg I'm shy and socially awkward I HAVE SOCIAL ANXIETY"

>> No.7253177

>>7253154
Notice how it's always the trendy illnesses, or, if not, they pick and choose the parts of more severe ones so they seem more ~delicate.

"I have depression! Don't bully me. QQ"
Oh, so you sometimes don't bathe for days, or even weeks on end, and end up a greasy, smelly mess?
"I have borderline personality disorder! I can't help it if I'm sometimes mean!"
So you isolate your friends and family, by swinging from being completely fucking bonkers, and being a suicidal wreck that won't listen to anything anyone says?
"Autistic people sometimes do this, so I'm probably autistic!"
Gurl bye.

>> No.7253182

>>7253154
100% of the time it's armchair diagnoses
I try and do it in a "we both know you're bullshitting but i'm going to be polite about it and give you a chance to sort yourself out" kind of way and as of yet there have been no repeat offenders so it seems my one woman mission is paying off

>> No.7253218

>>7253177
Ugh all of that stupid "borderline scorpion" meme is just normal teenager bull
My husband is the most calm, level-headed person I know and even he said he remembers doing 99% of those things at some point as a teenager

On another note, how disturbing is it that someone made mental illnesses into memes

Anxiety cat shows up on my dashboard every ten minutes

>> No.7253259

>>7252852
I don't get this either, I've never mentioned my depression in person to anyone unless I start getting really close to them. And I'm really starting to hate Tumblr when it comes to mental illness because the majority of the posts hinder people from getting help.

You can't sit in your little bubble for ever and be a precious victim. One day you're going to have leave your parents house and learn how to do shit on your own.

I also hate lolitas who refer to themselves in 3rd person with a super cutesy manner. Like no cut that shit out it's sickening. "hehe Riri chan is so cute" bitch no.

>> No.7253264

>>7253177
>Oh, so you sometimes don't bathe for days, or even weeks on end, and end up a greasy, smelly mess?
I'm going on two or three weeks, I think. It doesn't help that I break out in hives every time I shower, I used to manage to shower every 3 days-a week before this started happening. My husband says I don't smell yet though, so there's at least that, and I bleached my hair a month or two ago so it's still recovering from that and only a little gross...

>> No.7253289

>>7253177
Depression does stop people from functioning but that doesn't mean they don't bathe themselves anon what the actual fuck.

>> No.7253292

I've planned out my death so many times in my spare time. I've written my will and advanced health care directive, I've packed things and made things easier to sort through. I've never told anybody. I don't know if I'll ever actually do it. I'm said to be the happiest person in my social circles. Nobody would ever see it coming. It really makes me angry that these girls say "I have depreshun!! I try to kill myself all the tiem!!" If they were serious....I just can't even finish what I'm saying.

>> No.7253303

>>7253289
When you're too depressed to get out of bed, yeah, it does. (Speaking from experience here.)
Severe chronic depression is no joke.

>> No.7253311

>>7252852
It makes me feel sad for those who do actually suffer from real diagnosed disorders. I'm really surprised and worried about the number of lolitas with eating disorders, it's quite scary to think the number is so high.

>> No.7253316

Maybe im just a sour pus, but here are a few things about browsing auctions that tick me off

~the person on y!japan that sells mens ties under the AP tag
~when "jsk" or "op" is written in japanese auctions when the person is clearly selling a headbow/kc or some shit
~when the person lists every brand name for something offbrand they're selling
~when the picture is of an entire coord and the auction is only for the purse etc (a blouse under a jsk is meh, but do you really need to include a bolero and kc in the image when youre just auctioning the purse?!)
~when the person doesnt bother writing the name of the print, just something like "red bambi ap dress" for a milky chan jsk
~when there is no proof picture

Auctions are so good for deals and theyre fun to win, but damn some of this stuff annoys me.

>> No.7253330

>>7253292
>implying you're more special because you want to kill yourself more

right now you're being just like them. either kill yourself or shut up about it.

>> No.7253334

>>7253292
I do this too, anon. I actually fantasize about killing my boyfriend and then myself all the time. We live together so it would be easy.

>> No.7253405

>>7252734
I know it's cliché but I still wonder if it was actually a fetish thing.

>> No.7253410

>>7252819
It really, really depends on the person. While exposure therapy is largely effective, literally telling someone to "get over it" inflicts a blow to support systems, messes up relationships, etc. Also, meds help people function, and if they need it they need it. I have little tolerance for people who are unwilling to help themselves somehow and agree that people with anxiety/phobias shouldn't indulge them all of the time, but the "tough" approach you're encouraging doesn't work for everybody.

>> No.7253414

>>7252734
I know it's cliché but I still wonder if it was actually a fetish thing.

>> No.7253692

>>7253134
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a lover~"

>> No.7253700

>>7253334
what the fuck.
break up with him now if you're even thinking of pulling that shit.
you're fucking dangerous and he doesn't deserve to have to be around you, you toxic little fucker.
you're disgusting.
Quit being an edgy little snowflake and have some fucking shame.
He doesn't deserve to die.
And you don't deserve him.

>> No.7253763

>>7253410
This, thank you. I'm working on the exposure thing right now and I can definitely see that it's going to get better eventually, but if I go about it the wrong way it will just make things worse and set me back. It's the difference between letting someone with aquaphobia slowly wade through the kiddie pool to work their way up and pushing them from a boat into the ocean. The latter is just going to damage them and nullify all the progress they've made so far. It's gone wrong for me a couple of times and when that happens I end up cooped up in my room crying for weeks, hating myself too much to even think of trying again. That's not laziness or indulgence, that's shock.

I'd never dream talking about my anxiety at a meet, though. I've told them that I have it and that I'm working on it because I was worried that they'd think my behaviour meant that I'm stuck up or that I hate them, but chatting about it with semi-strangers is pretty much the opposite of what I want to do, both for my sake and theirs.

>> No.7253767

>>7253289
depression makes you literally not want to do anything. going about and doing normal things like bathing, making your bed, chores etc can be a challenge.

>> No.7253777

>>7253410
Sure, that's why I mentioned the book. Meds help at first, but at group therapy I met one too many people who were clinging onto them and panicking when they forgot them at home or something. I did that too, though, but what I'm trying to say is that you can't be on them forever. Some years, sure, but by then you should have progressed with the therapy enough to not need them anymore. I wasn't saying "literally go outside now and stop being a lil bitch", just that having your boyfriend there all the time and not doing anything about it isn't really helping. And that lots of tumblr teens prefer to cry about it instead of get help, which makes me suspect that they don't really want to get better at all.
But yeah, I mentioned the book for that reason. It guides you quite well through everything. I'm no doctor so I can't really instruct anyone how to do it, I was just giving advice on actually doing it. Hope that makes sense.

>> No.7253810

>>7253767
It's not a constant for everyone. I was diagnosed severely depressed, getting medicated for it atm, and I still kept a decent level of hygiene. Didn't do anything else regarding daily needs (I recently started cooking again, so that's nice), but showering every other day was still a fucking must.

It's not like a broken limb, not everyone is a cookie cutter same symptoms same reactions same recovery.

>> No.7253815

>>7253106
"I think you have too many dresses."
"Shut up!"

>> No.7253829

>>7253810

This, I suffered from depression for several years and while I had episodes when I would just lay in bed catatonic entire day or wouldn't leave the house for 3 weeks (not even for groceries or school), most of the time I was on a functioning level. Doesn't mean I felt good or cared for those things a lot.

>> No.7253833

>>7253829
Not everyone is suicidal while depressed either. I never was. Just had the standard "but you're just lazy" thing, really.

>> No.7253843

>>7253098
I feel like there's a lot of newbies and itas stating *controvershul* opinions just for the sake of being 'wow so edgy' and 'special'. The thing is, what they state is usually a beaten dead horse.

>oh my chess chocolate is a replica that's right I support oo jia fuck you brandwhores y'all sucking ap's greedy dick
>all sweet lolitas look like ageplayers/giant babies! my inverted cross print dress is so much more mature and elegant
>lolita didn't start until OTT sweet era, which is so totally not in decline and falling out of fashion! oldschool is hideous and ita!

>> No.7253862

>someone says they hate it when everyone in the group starts branching off and talking about their mental illenesses
>board turns into whine about mental illness thread

>> No.7253880

>>7253862
because we're discussing people who fake theirs to get attention or fit in, and we're anonymous.
It's really not the same thing as going on tumblr where everyone knows your face or coming to a meet to talk about your vagina sand syndrome and how hard your life is.

>> No.7253906

I hate how people with actual health issues are either lumped in with all of the tumblr attention whores or treated like freaks.
It makes me terrified to ever bring up what I've dealt with with friends from my comm, even when it would be prudent.

>> No.7253926

>>7253906
Don't being up private matters in inappropriate situations. Invite your best friend to your house or message them or call them afterwards, a meet isn't your therapy session and people come there to have fun and talk about fun things, you're just bringing people down. I don't go to meets and say how I had super tough diarrhea the other day, mental illnesses are no different. Just like with any other illness, only mention it if it's necessary.

>> No.7253931

>>7253926
I wasn't talking about going "hurrr durr, I HAVE ANXIETY" at a meet up. One of my kind of friends in our comm is currently going through a really rough patch and probably needs to get help, but every time I mention it, she blows me off as someone who "doesn't know" what she's going through. I think mentioning that no, actually, I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, and here is what helped me, would be appropriate.

>> No.7253954

>>7253767
>implying even functional people make their bed

>> No.7253956

>>7253954
I only make my bed when I'm gunna get laid. Hell yeah.

>> No.7253958

>>7252648
You sound like a girl in my comm. She wears replicas and bodyline to go through the mazes when off duty though

>> No.7253962

>>7253931
>kind of friends
then maybe you don't, anon. Even if her behaviors or circumstances are similar to yours, what's actually going on inside her may be different. If she doesn't want your help it's probably best to leave her be. After blaming you or accusing you of faking, one of the most aggravating things ill people deal with from others is a persistent attempt at "helping" when they don't know the full details of your situation.

>> No.7253967

>>7253931
people tell me I need help, and I blow them off in a similar way. I'm just scared of going to a doctor and having them think I'm like some sort of self-diagnosing 14 year old.

>> No.7253973

>>7253177
This. I hate how self-diagnosed attention seekers only seem to suffer from the romanticised aspects of mental health problems. I hate nothing more than girls who claim to have body dysmorphia, and are just attention seeking pity partiers. Body dysmorphia can be life destryoing. There is nothing delicate about having to always cancel plans and losing your friends because you're in too much pain to leave the house after spending two hours sitting in front of the mirror picking at your face til it's a bloody mess.

Why is it that lolita communities seem to have such a high population of edgy drama queens with google search diagnoses?

>> No.7253985

>>7253967
save up and go see a doctor. you're not 5.

>> No.7254019
File: 518 KB, 1396x996, 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To get this thread back on topic...

>The denial that OTT sweet often resembles age play. I'm not saying it IS age play or you shouldn't wear it, I'm just saying that if you can't understand why grown women wearing shit like pic related could seem that way to a complete outsider, then you really need to get a grip on reality.
>AatP's corset boning problem. At this point that company has to be well aware that's an issue and I'm beyond awestruck that they've never done anything about it. There is no justification for a $300 dress to have such low quality corset boning that it damages the fabric. Especially given that their clothes are only just above decent quality as it is. Not that I don't love their clothes to death and consider them worth it, but let's be real here, our money is going to the pretty design and the fact it wasn't made in a sweat shop, not high quality.
>AP rereleasing every popular print they've ever come out with and raping the resale value. I don't care because I bought shit for $500+ before that I can only get half of for now, like so many other sweet lolitas but because now I'm too afraid to buy Puppet Circus as it might end up rereleased. I'm willing to pay it's going rate, but I would freak the fuck out if I spent that much money on it only for it to be rereleased. That being said, I'm praying to god it is at some point in 2014.
>The fact that whether or not replicas are good or bad is even a fucking debate or treated like there's no black and white answer. You cannot justify counterfeits. Wear them if you want, but don't try to say it's not morally wrong because it just flat out is. You are supporting art theft that hurts the brands who make those designs you claim to love so much, end of fucking story.
>Newbies who throw the word "ita" around at fucking everything to join the cool kids club and really have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

>> No.7254038

>>7254019
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think really OTT sweet prints only belong at conventions. Like, unless you're okay with people assuming you have an age play fetish, shit like your pic related, with baby blocks, bottles, and all that kiddy stuff are only going to invite the worst kind of comments.
Obviously, this only applies to sweet prints that look like glorified baby clothing, but that seems to be getting really popular lately.

>> No.7254040

>>7253833
>>7253829
>>7253810
>>7253289
I think anon was just trying to portrait these illnesses in the most unkawaii way possible, and not trying to tell that everyone with depression has the same symptoms.

>> No.7254055

>>7253967
Then go to the doctor and just explain how you are feeling in the most honest way you can instead of acting like some sort of self-diagnosing 14 year old? The longer you keep from doing this, the more you fit the cliché you want to actively avoid because you more about seeming special instead of actively seeking help. (being blunt)

>> No.7254054

>>7254019
>shopping in Harajuku
>two American girls are walking in the same direction I am
>they're loudly critisizing every store they pass
>"omg ita!" "soooo weeaboo!!" etc.
>one complains how ita this dress outside liz lisa is
>they take MASSIVE loops to avoid the black guys advertizing
>the second one spots bodyline she proceeds to scream and runs towards it
And that's the last I heard of em. Luckily this was the only incident I had of weebs while I was studying in Japan.

>> No.7254069
File: 6 KB, 177x240, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7254054
jesus christ how horrifying

>> No.7254079

>>7253127
This so much.

What does sharing your physical or mental health problems DO at a meet? Like... seriously, what does it accomplish? I wish they would ask themselves this first.

>> No.7254080

>>7253292
You need a lawyer to authorize your will.

>> No.7254083

>>7253810
>>7253829
>MY WAY IS THE ONLY RIGHT WAY SINCE I DID IT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE YOU CAN'T

>> No.7254085

>>7253967
Or just don' talk about your health problems since you obviously are not mature enough to hear someone's advice when you are, you know, bringing up a subject asking specifically for advice?

If you just want a vent box, LJ is that way -->

>> No.7254086

So I clicked here randomly directly from the frontpage and I noticed there are no tripfags.

Is this place pure? How is this possible

>> No.7254111

>>7253316
YES - who is that tie guy and why the fuck are they so expensive

>> No.7254185

>>7254086
There are tripfags, but they are usually so hated they don't post under their names. /cgl/ has a general dislike of them ever since the circlejerking days.

>> No.7254322

>>7254054
>weeaboo
>a store selling japanese products in japan

The word she was looking for was either "otaku" or "touristy".

>> No.7254363

A girl joined my comm during the summer. She came to maybe two meets, wore meh co-ords and didn't know good wigs from a hole in the ground. She made awkward conversation and didn't really become close with any of the members at all.
Then she sold her two JSKs and "left Lolita".

...She's still in our Facebook group and still comes to meets.
I want her to stop because I don't understand why anyone would do that.

>> No.7254367

>>7254363
That actually sounds quite sad. She is socially awkward closet lolita, who had all kind of scenarios in her head but they failed..I'm not blaming you (as a comm) for anything but just sad, sad.

>> No.7254381

>>7254363
I did this because I have literally no friends outside of the comm and no one to talk to about makeup and lolita. Sue me.
>I want her to stop
tough shit.

>> No.7254387

>>7254381
Seeing as you apparentely also don't have real friends within the comm it's weird. Do you like lolita? Then wear it and go to meets. Do you not like lolita? Then find another thing you're interested in and try to meet people there, 9/10 you'll make better friends because you have at least 1 common interest

>> No.7254395

>>7254381
Aside from not understanding why anyone would do that (>>7254387 put it best, I think) she also makes the atmosphere really weird. I'm obviously not the only person who doesn't get why she's doing it.

You got a bit defensive there... are you afraid I'm in your comm and talking about you or something?

>>7254367
She willingly left Lolita, and she's older than the rest of us. I think she just likes to look at co-ords, but why come out to an event with a dress code where you have to spend money and sit with a group of strangers for hours when you could just browse online or pick up a GLB? She has no shortage of friends on her Facebook.

>> No.7254399

>>7254381
>no one to talk to about makeup and lolita
>going to meetups and not wearing lolita

In or out, anon. Oh and, snapping at someone for wanting their lolita meetups to be for meetups for lolitas? And you have zero friends you say? Shocking.

>> No.7254420

Could be that the person who claimed to be "leaving Lolitia" simply couldn't afford all the things your comm endorsed.

>> No.7254426

>>7254420
>what the literal fuck am I reading
Are we really going down the IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL ELITIST BRANDWHORES road?

>> No.7254433

>>7254363
Did she also leave her job recently and post a lot about it on facebook, anon? Sounds really familiar.

>> No.7254436

>>7254420
Then it's up to her to make meets more affordable if she can't afford the events. And to make items or research where to get affordable pieces.

No one forced her to go to meets or to buy expensive clothes. If you want to be a lolita and stay in the comm to go to meetups, then you should own enough items to make a decent outfit. No one really cares if you wear the same outfit (and those that care aren't worth your time).

>> No.7254440

>>7254420
You must not be part of my comm. 90% of our regular members are college students living alone, and we keep things small. We only occasionally do something like going to a nice tearoom.

But please don't let me stop you from ranting about how being unable to go balls-to-the-wall in an elective fashion-based and optionally social hobby is the height of oppression. The woman is hanging out with people she literally had one thing in common with after choosing to eliminate that thing from her life.

This is a case of right thread for you, but wrong approach.

>> No.7254444 [DELETED] 

>>7254433
No. I'mber sorry to hear that for your mem

>> No.7254447

>>7254444
No I'm sorry to hear that for your member.

>wtf computer?

>> No.7255825
File: 169 KB, 380x280, clap.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7254019
>Newbies who throw the word "ita" around at fucking everything to join the cool kids club and really have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

>>7249917
>people don't even know what ita means anymore
the last "ita" thread was a total disaster, because it wasn't filled with total disasters.

>>7250453
>why do people assume someone got posted when someone complains about this?

>I want to laugh because something is so goddawful, or cringe, I don't come to an Ita thread to look at something that makes me go "meh"

fucking thank you, this has been pissing me off so much lately. that and the misusage of the word "weeaboo"

>"ah! they like anime! what a weeaboo!"
>"she has a sailor moon necklace! what a weeaboo!"
fucking stop

>> No.7255901

>>7249822
All that stuff with Bodyline went down and somebody on my comm just posted about doing a Bodyline GO. I know people will still buy from them but really? Do you have to do this right now?

>> No.7255917

>>7255901
I ordered some stuff from there a day or so before all the nonsense came out. It's left me feeling a bit... sour, but I guess there'd be no sense in not wearing it now that it's already ordered.

>> No.7255944

>>7255901
>>7255917
To be honest, most people own clothes from companies who have them made in sweatshops or low-paid factories, so don't feel too bad.

>> No.7255947

>>7255944
I was going to say this exactly. I don't really care either way, I can't help what I like and I don't want to go out of my way to get it if I can get it easily from bodyline.

>> No.7255950
File: 52 KB, 453x300, lifechangedforever.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7250402
>some will be obvious, others will be hidden in the background.

Well thankyou, now I will forever be paranoid of someone doing this to me. I don't know whether to hate or thank you...or even both.

>> No.7260669

>>7255901
Why not?

I'm serious - why not keep ordering from BL?

No "boycott" is going to keep them from making money and staying afloat in Japan. No "boycott" has ever worked against BL in the past, and the "victims" in previous cases were a hell of a lot more likeable than Venus and her crazy fuck mother.

>> No.7260739

>>7253815
"Stupid ita. Let's get some dresses. Let's tea party."

>> No.7260752

>>7249931
Same. It's so idiotic to think that way but I can't help it.

>> No.7260753

all these girls claiming their bfs aren't creepy despite the fact they're obviously dating them
>>7251070
>>7252792

>>7251545 though this is making my heart break for u aww

>>7252874
shit like depression is a mental issue that starts *with you* and you're the only one who can change it.
if you had autism or schizophrenia, yes you can't help it.
this is what pisses me off. these kids who think they have a god forsaken right to endlessly unattend to their depression. it is in the end, not a cry for help, but pathetic laziness & attention seeking.

>> No.7260757

>>7254079
If people do that its because they treat it as an accessory.
Don't ever treat these people seriously and maybe they'll wake up. Depression and its ilk are illnesses only yourself can cure and if you're mooching around for sympathy then its not depression, its just a pathetic personality attribute.

>> No.7260764

>>7253259
the personal bubble thing omfg

my sister is a massive tumblr fag and the shit she reblogs sometimes

" its OK to not do anything!! you're allowed to feel these feelings all the time!! you have the right to remain depressed and tell them they're insensitive if they tell you to start working on moving on! -w-"
I hate that. That people are supposedly insensitive for starting to put you on track.

Guess what its been 2 years and my sister is NEET that looks and acts like a wreck for her shitty attention and cute room decor my mum keeps decking her every week because apparently its therapeutic
but I have to buy my own ?????

>> No.7260765

>>7253289
It was an example of how these "victims" cherry pick the lighter elements of a disability
if your not those stages you can pull yourself out, its just they think if they try they won't get the attention any more so they consider all help besides drugs and gifts from followers/ friends/ family are just "victim blaming and insensitive!!! 1"

>> No.7260767

>>7253316
YOU HAVE SPOKEN FOR ALL MY TROUBLES ANON SAMA

>> No.7260779

>>7253967
You won't sound like a self diagnosing 14 year old if any time in your appointment you say .."and because of this I think I have paranoid schizophrenia and body dimorphic syndrome PDDNOS!!"
Just tell them how you actually feel and what's going on. you go to them because youre feeling bad, so tell them what's up, and they do any diagnosing for you

>> No.7260783

>>7254019
I honestly believe now that the brands see their products as collectables than actual clothing because of the quality concerns, just like you do with some collectable toy companies and whatnot. Beanie Kids for example, collectable toys with genetic base pattern and Made in China crappy fuzzy fabric you wouldn't even put on your body for 10 frickinh dollars a pop. But like DBR it is sentimental value and not necessarily a toy made for playing with, or a dress in DBRs case.

>> No.7260787

>>7254079
the fact that you're a group of people wearing a vulnerable style of clothing may make everyone feel safe enough to talk about more vulnerable topics.

>> No.7260790

>>7253129
What if you're not on medicine because you tried to OD on every type of medication you've been given from aspirins to anti-anxiety pills, though?

>> No.7260798

>>7260790
"do you take treatment for your condition" doesn't strictly imply only medication.
frankly most I'd hate to say, "posers" dont even to think of talk therapy, art therapy, sand therapy, DBT. It sounds less drastic to the mind of the 16 yr old self diagnosed to say she's just talking about her anxiety and doing funny little breathing exercises. to them you're not really suffering if :
a. you're not on drugs or
b. you were on drugs but your condition was so serious they didn't work!!!12

I'm sorry to hear your situation though and I do hope alternate therapies are available to you now because of that.

>> No.7260814

>>7260798
This, once I saw a tumblr post along the lines of "you don't cure anxiety just by pushing someone into the situation they're scared of"

Yes you fucking do
It's a very effective form of therapy even, because it forces you to get off your lazy ass and do something about it

Now granted it doesn't work by pushing someone straight out there, but for example if you're scared of going to a supermarket, first day you go in and stand there for a while, then get out. Next day you go and get something small. Next day you spend more time there etc etc. you don't even need meds for it.

>> No.7260832

>>7260814
As a behaviourist, I got to say that nobody does that shit anymore. Maybe in humans it can work, because we can think about what it's happening, but it's to be avoided.

Animals can deal with it with a mechanism caled "learned helplessness", which is basically staying quiet and crying, freezing in panic, waiting for it to stop.

It depends on the level of your anxiety. There are other ways to deal with it, namely reward based responses and learning to relax (safe zone), which are way faster and better.

>> No.7260836

>>7260832
People very much do that shit. Not in the States probably, but that's how my panic disorder/agoraphobia was treated, with great success even. The relaxing thing always made me more anxious and didn't work at all.
Now it might not work for everybody, but you can say that for any form of therapy.

>> No.7260841

>>7260832
I'm pretty sure the reason psychologists don't do this anymore is how much time and effort it takes to put your client in a control situation every week to make sure they're eased in correctly.
Nowadays you can ask your doc for a drug and they'll sign it.

>> No.7260845

>>7260841
Indeed, and humans have placebo effect too.
For many "anxious people" on the internet, a perscribed cube of sugar could cure their "disease".

I fact, I was discussing the realm of internet mental diseases with a psychiatrist the other day, she was fascinated and we kind of concluded that it was a mechanism to cope with loneliness and find a "feeling of belonging in a group". It's like being a teen forever.

>> No.7260847

>>7260845
I would get into psychology just to combat this circlejerking

>> No.7260850

>>7260845
fuck no-captchas sometimes. I hit submit by accident.
I would be one just to combat that circlejerking teen (and adult) garbage. Waste of money (not that the psychs are doing bad but the fact a lot of people don't bother acting on the take home coping methods they're given out of laziness) and a lot of broken hearted parents too thinking "they've done something wrong and insensitive" because they didn't do what an anonymous tumblr post is amazing mental health advice is dunt b insensitive if I plan on being NEET for the rest of my life!!!!".

>> No.7260904

>>7260841
>>7260832
In my country we have Occupational Therapists who generally do this type of work (at least in IP care) So you have your core team Psychiatrist, Nurse, Key Worker, Therapist and Occupational Therapist and they have different roles to play. The Therapist generally does talking therapies e.g CBT while the Occupational Therapist will take on a more active role usually with combating anxieties in certain situations? You talk the anxiety provoking situation through in the session and then devise a plan which will gradually expose you to the situation. The OT will accompany you when you are going to start exposing yourself to the situation and you tell them how you are feeling throughout the exercise. This can take months and months but by the end you should be able to do it by yourself e.g riding the bus, buying food, talking to strangers

>> No.7260918

>>7260904
We have the same thing, anon! Where do you live?

>> No.7261010

>>7260918
I'm from the UK, you?

>> No.7261026

>>7250912
Is she in the SO comm?

>> No.7261092

>>7254019
I sort of like how AP is re-releasing things. I came in a little late in the game, so it's nice getting a chance to own things that were harder to find, or with different color/style options.

>>7254038
I love OTT sweet but I save it for conventions and an occasional big meetup for that exact reason. Otherwise, I wear more toned down sweet or classic. I wouldn't go out running errands in Toy Parade or Milky Planet covered with bows and a huge wig, even though they're some of my favorites in my wardrobe. (That said, the inclusion of baby bottles, rattles, and carriages in Dreamy Baby Room is a bit too much for me, I can deal with blocks, but not those haha)

>> No.7261104

>>7261010
Finland! Though I forgot to say, for us only the psychiatrist (the one prescribing meds) works at the hospital. The ones doing the actual therapy have their own clinic but all work together and the psychiatrists usually have databases of different therapists in the city and stay in contact with them. It's pretty neat.

>> No.7261801

>>7253777
Not necessarily, on the meds. Maybe it's different for anxiety or phobias, but for severe depression, bipolar etc. there's often no particular need to wean someone off of meds once they've found one that works.

>> No.7262542

>>7252580
Except you're shoving chocolate down their throats.

>> No.7264121

>>7253098
I've just gone through that person's posts and I'm beginning to think that they're either a fairly subtle troll or someone trying really hard to seem like an ~*~expert~*~ or something.

The post about finding an AP dress at a resale shop, and being able to see her hand through the fabric strikes me as particularly bait-y, considering she's said elsewhere that she hasn't seen/can't afford brand.

>> No.7264164

My boyfriend lost my favorite tweezers and my other ones are garbage. These other tweezers I got also suck balls. I want to take close up pics of my new lenses but I can't fuckin properly tweeze my eyebrows (I'm just barely making do with these crappy ones that can't grab a hair worth shit).

>> No.7264175
File: 10 KB, 384x384, 1388214348592.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7264164
I know the feeling. My little brother borrowed the tweezers I use for my eyebrows (watch tweezers, fucking antiques) to get a splinter out of his hand. I never got them back. He apparently took them off to college and lost them.

Revlon makes good tweezers, but nothing will ever top those watch tweezers. I should just suck it up and order a new pair from online somewhere.

>> No.7264180

>>7251591
That's really cute that all of the men got together and became friends.

>> No.7264188

>>7264175
Oh man anon, I used to work in watch repair. Those tweezers are so nice...until some coworker manhandles them and misaligns the tips.

>> No.7264191

>>7264175
I bought some tweezerman tweezers from sephora. they were really cheap and came with super nice pointed tweezers as well as slanted ones.

Usually tweezerman is super expensive but it was a travel size case which is perfect for my day to day use

>> No.7264194

>>7264191
sephora.com/hot-pink-petite-tweeze-set-P377523?skuId=1457688

specifically. have been the best tweezers i've ever used

>> No.7268589

>>7249958

It really grinds my gears that I never got the jellyfish dress in the first place.

Maybe I can find it used from comm sales or something...

>> No.7268601
File: 36 KB, 344x600, 95233_600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

fuck
this
hanger

>> No.7268606

>Look at Oojia's page for the lulz.
>HOW MUCH???
>Oojia posts the price. Same for everything.
>Next fucking post: HOW MUCH????

Never, "How much would this be?" or "What is the cost?" Always "How much?" Now I can't see anything but a bunch of replica-chans doddling around in a room saying "how much?" over and over again.

>> No.7268620

>>7268606
People are fucking terrible at reading or taking the 2 seconds to find the information themselves. The amount of times I've seen photos on FB with links to the products in the description that have 200 comments saying 'were can i get this??'

>> No.7268622

>>7249885
Yep and often they don't ask and just fucking turn up. THEN they expect to be part of group pictures.

>> No.7268730

>>7250356
Flower crowns are ok if they:
actually match your outfit
actually SUIT your outfit
are of decent flowers, not walmart .89c ones
are actually being worn with styled hair, not just plopped on top your head

>> No.7268737

>>7250494
My bf is a photographer and has a vague interest in lolita (several of his female friends are lolitas too), so he comes to meets often. However he has the attention span of a 3 year old and will wander off fairly often. I always feel bad for new girls at meets that show up halfway through and are freaked out when a sudden scruffy looking asian man in camo shows up and starts taking pictures of our group.

>> No.7268759

>>7251176
There was a girl in my comm who did this constantly. And any one who stepped up to make the meet happen just got fed a bunch of lines on why she can't do it.
>wouldnt it be fun to have a meet at (insert random place here)
>we should then! lets set it up for next month
>oh idk if they'd let a whole group of us in
>they have group rates right on their website
>oh idk if they'd let us spend a whole day there
>they're open until 9pm
>oh idk if we can take pics there
>...it says it right on the website that we can. did you look at the site?
>oh well i cant drive out there
>its right on the bus route like its literally its own stop
>ANON I CAN'T AFFORD SUCH THINGS
>its fucking $6 including the bus fare and group rate and we were planning a picnic

>> No.7268794

>>7253177
I grew up having a little brother with severe childhood-onset depression. Its incredibly heartbreaking to see people whine that they have depression, their life is so hard, they didn't even want to finish their fucking cheerios that morning, etc, when you've had to live with an 8 year old boy on suicide watch who had to be restrained and fed because he stopped eating for 2 weeks, or being held down by dad because he tried to smash his head open with some toy truck. We couldn't even find any doctors in my county that would deal with depression or other disorders on patients under 13 (except, of course, ADD/ADHD) and there were several "family therapists" we went to who implied my parents had to be abusing him to cause this as they didn't think children could actually develop depression.

>> No.7268835

>>7268759
A $6 dollar meet and they were still fussing? I think it's time for private meets for people who actually want to go.
Have the same problem in my comm, now the whingers only turn up to the 3-4 bigs meets we do (Easter, International lolita day, local convention and Christmas)

>> No.7269000

>>7251537
That has more to do with socially awkward tagalong austists than people bringing their boyfriends to meetups.

It happens when lolitas bring their "non-lolita friends" too.

If you're not going to be charming and make conversation, just don't come. Most cafes have enough potted plants.

>> No.7269005

>>7268589
There are a few super marked up pieces that TaoBao Spree are still selling on their Storenvy, if you're willing to shell out the extra. They at least include free shipping.

It should also be coming out for a second round in spring 2014 they said. So I know a lot of people are holding out for that.

>> No.7269018
File: 131 KB, 1024x768, 1375680408828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7252852
It's vogue for all young girls right now.

HOW CONVENIENT THAT ALL YOUR PROBLEMS AREN'T YOUR FAULT

>>7253129
Treatment doesn't even need to be medication. It can be therapy. Surprise surprise, most girls don't do that either.

>it's too expensive
>I went once and it didn't help me
>my depression is different from other depression!

I hope the stigma against mental health problems comes back so people can stop self-diagnosing and whining about it.

>> No.7269064

>>7268835
>Fuckton of people whining about cost of meetups
>The whiners are also always obnoxious as hell in public
>Start organizing all meetups to cost at least $25
>Whiners stop showing up
>Peaceful meetups without weebs screaming OH EM GEE KURWHAAY
>They're pissed and organize their own shitty events where they go buy mangoo and shit
>Negative fucks given

>> No.7269081

>>7268794
Yeah, but not everyone who actually has depression acts that way.
I was first diagnosed and treated at age 14, but I've never attempted suicide or cut. Granted, I was hospitalized for over a month in secondary for not eating, but it was more of an "I no longer care to go through with this" than an active suicide attempt.
While I agree that having a mental illness (or anything that allows you to be the "victim") is incredibly popular on tumblr right now (really it was like this on myspace and gaia, too), I don't think it's right to dismiss everyone who says such things.

Sage because this is way off topic and has been discussed too much already.

>> No.7269096

>>7269064
>start charging for meetups
You're brilliant. I want to hug you.

>> No.7269099

>>7260753
>shit like depression is a mental issue that starts *with you* and you're the only one who can change it.
Fuck you I'm actually diagnosed with clinical depression and it's horrible and not to be taken lightly. I hate hearing people say they have "depression" even though they're not diagnosed with it because they wouldn't actually know what it was like to have depression, they just say it to make others feel bad for them.
I have real clinical depression and I don't bring it up and I don't tell people about it even if they ask unless they're a really good friend because it really is a problem and it's not to be taken lightly and not a thing everyone needs to know.
So no, it's not something that you can get over and I take the medicine and it helps but there's no way I can ever completely change it.
Even my doctor says that clinical depression is not something that you can "get over," it's actually something that is wrong with you.

>> No.7269104

>>7269018
The stigma is still fucking there, you twat.
I had a professor tell me I shouldn't be in classes if my depression was "such a problem" for me after missing one day of class to go to my uni's emergency therapist.
He then proceeded to treat me far differently and basically act like I just needed to get my shit together.
Also, therapy is expensive, especially if you don't have insurance or don't have insurance that covers it. I can't afford insurance at the moment, and I also don't have $60-240 to shell out for an hour of therapy every week. I am lucky that my university both has counselors available for urgent care 20 hours a day as well as provides students with four sessions free of charge.

>> No.7269122

>>7269099
This. Most depression is treatable through meds and daily activities, but for some of us it isn't a vogue thing. It's a huge part of people with clinical depressive disorder. My doctor told me once that I won't ever truly get rid of it, and it will probably effect my day-to-day life. I hardly ever tell anyone because I don't want to weigh them down. Some people see it as a vogue thing and I have some friends who are like that. I just smile and play along, and say things like, "I'm so sorry your depression is making you sad." When I know that they don't really know what the deepest depths of depression is. I was diagnosed when I was ten when I tried to kill myself. I never tell anyone and I do my best to keep attention off of me so I don't have to admit to it or give anyone and inkling of what I'm really feeling. So fuck you for thinking that depression is just a vogue thing, remember there are people who have truly have those issues and would do anything for it to be just a fad for them
/rant

>> No.7269120

>>7269099
I think that the previous anon was referring to lazy fucks on tumblr who sit on their ass and reblog depression quotes all day while they complain about how shit their life is rather than individuals who actually try and live their life regardless of whether or not their treatment is working

>> No.7269141

>>7269122
This made me sad. Hugs for you anon, hope it helps even a little.
I had depression and I'm just getting out of it, never tried to kill myself though, but even if it wasn't that bad it was still awful. I can't imagine having to go through something even worse for a whole lifetime. Swimming and figure skating helped me a lot recently, hope you get the energy to do some sports and maybe get the good hormones going a little. Might make it at least a bit easier. Do you at least have some periods when you're feeling okay enough?

>> No.7269144

>>7269122
Exercise
Sunlight
Good Diet

is actually scientifically proven to be the best cure for depression.

>> No.7269160

>>7269144
Yeah, provided you can actually get out of bed for any of it.

>> No.7269161

>>7269144
Problem is getting to do those things.
I'm not depressed anymore, but tips on how to be more active and eat healthier on a budget?
Most swimming pools where I live ask for membership which is expensive but I really like to swim. Also I don't like vegetables that much, is there some way to make them taste... not like ass? Sorry for dumb questions.

>> No.7269204

>>7269161
raw veggies on their own or with hummus, or steam them with a little salt, pepper, and some lemon juice.
make dip out of seasoning packets and low-fat greek yogurt, not sour cream or cream cheese.
even if you hate the flavor, force yourself to snack on them no matter what.

>> No.7269435
File: 126 KB, 610x507, lolita1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>don't have depression
>high functioning schizophrenic
>never mention anything to anyone

I have insurance, but my illness is a rare form of schizophrenia so I can't move out of my state. It's one of the few centers that can treat it properly and to help with the costs, I'm also part of their lab research. The medication costs 15-30 a month, but each session is 300 even WITH insurance and research subject reductions.

I don't understand why anyone would think its good conversation during a meetup. All I want to do is eat cake and tiny sandwiches, drink overpriced tea and talk about brand releases. The last thing I want to do is go into detail about how shitty life can be. It makes me miss those days when people learnt to fucking shut up and keep their secrets before airing all their personal laundry in public

>pic related
>frills before pills

>> No.7269442
File: 28 KB, 400x287, VT05-Aspire_standard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7269161

if you don't have a window or its winter, get a sun lamp for seasonal affective disorder. It's sunlight replacement without UV

>pic related
>verilux happy lamp

>> No.7269720

>>7268794
Anon, what you had to go through with your brother is absolutely terrible and is an awful display of the horrors depression can wreak; however, extreme cases such as yours don't negate the struggles of people who aren't under the same circumstances. Armchair diagnosers are shit but there are plenty of people struggling terribly and it manifests in much less dramatic but still highly damaging ways, like not being able to keep up with hygiene or function in school or "finish their fucking Cheerios."

>> No.7270452

New thread >>7270449

>> No.7270700

>>7252648
I wore a light colred AP replica to Disney for Mickeys not so scary halloween party. Surprisingly, it wasnt dirty at all from sitting on rides or anything else for that matter.

A haunted maze though.. I would 100% flip out if some of the actors grease paint or fake blood got on my dress, replica, BL, or anything.