[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 767 KB, 298x298, 13813473782.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7151639 No.7151639[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So, all your high school friends are marrying some cool guy with a good job while you are playing pretend with a bunch of ugly losers. How can you even face your mom?

Mine already gave up.

>> No.7151644

My mom is dead, thanks for reminding me OP.

>> No.7151647
File: 366 KB, 245x215, 1362983199321.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7151644
Was it shame?

>> No.7151649

You could find a cool guy/girl with a job who enjoys playing pretend. Or you, too, could get a job and then spend your earnings on playing pretend. Success is attractive, and so is not whining.

>> No.7151650

>>7151639
i AM the cool guy

also you're mom can go fuck itself

>> No.7151651

Nah, my high school friends aren't marrying cool guys, they're generally marrying 3-5 appearance-wise and 4-6 personalities with anywhere between minimum and mid wage jobs. Guess that's what happens when you get an oopsie-baby.

I don't have anything to be jealous or ashamed about right now. Ask again in five years.

>> No.7151654

My sage is invisible but that doesn't make it any less valid

Anyways I am engaged to a great guy with a great job and I myself am nearly finished with a great degree which will hopefully guide me towards a great job too, and the fact that I wear lolita is irrelevant to this. In fact, both my parents think I look beautiful in it and always want pictures of my latest coords. They even get some of them printed and send them to relatives and friends. They had a little difficulty with the name at first but by the time I introduced them to the name of the fashion, I'd already been wearing and making it for half a year, so they were able to swallow the "no association to the book, them wacky Japanese lol" explanation very well.

They both think cosplay is silly and playfully tease me for it on the rare occasions I try it out, they especially find my "pokemon snuggies" (kigurumis) hilarious, but they like anything that makes me happy and gets me out of the house. I spent my entire teens sick as fuck and rarely leaving the house, rarely seeing friends, so they just go batshit whenever I tell them I've been getting out and enjoying myself. Hell, one time my mom called me and I happened to mention I'd been at a party the night before and was horribly hungover, and she got all giddy and excited for me because I go to parties so rarely. If my head hadn't been trying to split in half I would've found it more funny at the time.

Anyways, it must suck that your parents are ass, OP

>> No.7151657

>Implying I still talk to my high school friends.
>Implying I haven't seen my mother since I was two years old.

You go find her for me OP, then you can ask her.

>> No.7151700

>>7151647
nah, it was terminal cancer.

>> No.7151714

>mother is super into Japanese culture, anime, and lolita
Bretty cool.
Also, I'm a lesbian but I don't think I will be marrying any "cool guy" anytime soon.