[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 102 KB, 500x352, 935595-7-1302450737154.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7133006 No.7133006[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Last thread is full~

>> No.7133010

>>7133006
what's the best way to wash a bonnet?

>> No.7133019

>>7133010
how'd you get a bonnet dirty...?

>> No.7133056

>>7133019
Some questions are better left unanswered.

>> No.7133057

Anyone else anticipating Holy Lantern release? I'm looking at the red JSK myself.

>> No.7133077

>>7133019
it's second hand, I just feel weird wearing it without washing

>> No.7133087

>>7133077
That makes sense, I've never purchased a second hand bonnet before.

>> No.7133090

>>7133010
If it's a soft bonnet, you could wash it by hand with cold water and a gentle laundry soap (Woolite, maybe). Make sure it's colorfast first though.

If it's a hard bonnet, the most you can do is spot clean it. I'd use a mix of water and Woolite, dip a clean white cloth in it and dab/wipe whatever parts of the bonnet you're worried about. And then "rinse" by doing the same with just plain water. Then tie the bonnet onto a wig head or something to maintain the right shape while it dries.

>> No.7133099

>>7133056
story please lel
>mfw I hope it's not rorita sex; please let it not be

>> No.7133105

>>7133057
Good luck!
And good luck to any anons who're trying for it, don't break your refresh button (or the website).
I'm not going for it, saving up for dream dresses, but report back when you girls manage to grab it?

>> No.7133426
File: 33 KB, 383x582, infanta dollyhouse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm looking for some co-ord advice.
Normally I do a more gothic style but I really want to try OTT Sweet with a pastel yellow and power-pink color scheme.

I have a pink wig, yellow and pink lace cuffs, pink ball-joint tights (tacky? maybe, but I love them), yellow bonnet and yellow tea-parties.

Should I get a yellow dress or a yellow JSK and wear a pink blouse underneath?

>> No.7133451

>>7133426
I think sometimes unnatural wigs can be a little overwhelming but they do work sometimes with OTT (I do OTT a lot, but I prefer wearing natural colors or mostly natural with blends/gradients in other colors). I think a pink blouse with some pink colored tights (maybe OTKs with some kind of design on them) might work if you're going OTT. Then, maybe add some smaller bows around your bonnet/headbow in the various colors of your jsk. If you're going OTT, you're gonna want to play up on the accessories. It doesn't have to be as extreme as Decora-Lolita, but I'd definately go with more bracelets than just some wristcuffs. Stick some rings in there too and a necklace or two as well.

>> No.7133577

Treasure Japan anon from previous thread. She finally got back to me. Previously I ticked ems, Sal and airmail to compare rates. She invoiced me for ems but after looking at the rates I want to use airmail. Should I email her or use the shipping request form on the website?

>> No.7133579

>>7133577
Email her and let her know. She'll cancel the invoice and send an amended one.

>> No.7133614

Anyone else feel like Cinderella after midnight when returning home after wearing lolita?

>> No.7133675

>>7133614

Yeah. My feet ache, my hair is drooping, and I feel like I ran a marathon.

Totally post chase-scene cinderella.

>> No.7133683
File: 36 KB, 250x333, 0000rw2r.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What are your super special dresses anons?

I wear all of my lolita casually but I'm thinking about investing in that one dress that I only wear for special occasions.
>pic related

>> No.7133722

How shallow would it be for me to start going to church just so I have an excuse to wear lolita once a week? I was also thinking of going for the social aspect too...

>> No.7133735

>>7133614
All the time. Haven't had burando turning into rags yet, though.

>> No.7133743

>>7133722
Very.

>> No.7133805

>>7133722
Once you tell them your fashion is called lolita they'll kick you out for a devil worshiping sinner you pedo loving evil filth.

Also, why would you subject yourself to religious bullshit every week just for a dress? Just wear it out anywhere, not that hard.

>> No.7134342

>>7133426
Lolita Mode Fluttershy.

>> No.7134349

>>7133722
I got a part time job at a church to fund lolita.

I don't think it's shallow. You want somewhere to wear your nice clothes, no problem with that. That's why some folks have "church clothes". I think you should wear it other places too, but if you want to go for other reasons than just to wear the fashion, I think you should go for it. Hopefully you're not adverse to religion though, that could be a little problematic if you're wanting to make friends.

>> No.7134352

>>7133722
what style do you wear? I can see toned down gothic or classic being wearable to church. Also, solid color dresses work too and as long as you don't wear a super poofy petti, you'll be fine.

>> No.7134390

>>7133722
I wouldn't do it because I'm an atheist and I would have literally nothing in common with them

I wear lolita at least once a week, you don't need a special reason to do so, anon. It's just a fashion, you can wear it whenever and wherever you want

>> No.7134400

>>7133722

Go for it if you think you'll like the people there. Every time I've went to church for a period longer than 5 months, I've found the cray cray there and I just noped the fuck out.

Basically, don't go to bible groups. They're cray cray. The normal religious people who are sane probably just go once every Sunday.

That being said, nah I don't think it's shallow. Part of why people go to church is for the social aspect. Nothing to enjoy if you can't talk afterwards and share your beliefs or weekly plans with others. That's why they have pancake breakfasts/lunches/food things after church. And dressing up is nice - I have tons of lolita dresses I wish I could wear out but don't have the balls to go to Tesco in. It's nice to have an excuse.

>> No.7134433

so hyped for donut print

>> No.7134436

At what point have most of you stop calling yourself new to the fashion? Is there like some magical point in your development as a lolita when you make that transformation from "new" to just simply being a lolita?

>> No.7134441 [DELETED] 
File: 522 KB, 504x664, ap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is everyone so obsessed over this print?

>> No.7134449

>>7133805

Wow, that was rude.

Excuse me, Christian, goth and lolita here:

Girl, Christian or not, you would be just fine. I've been to Catholic masses, traditional services, contemporary rock-worship services, southern baptist, seventh day adventist and every thing else under the sun. I always wear either dark make up with spikes or lolita.

Guess what? No one has been nothing but loving, inquisitive and accepting yet.

And yes, I do say that it is "Lolita"

If you want to go to a church where people dress up so you feel comfortable being dressed up one day a week, go on ahead. The doors are always open.

>> No.7134454

>>7134449
i would say you're the exception to the rule

>> No.7134491

>>7134436
Probably when you have a good grasp of the rules? Save for those unfortunate itas who have known about the fashion for years.

>> No.7134498

>>7134449

Are you sure they weren't just being polite to your face?

>> No.7134509

>>7134436
I still class myself as a newbie (time-wise) but here is what I've learnt so far

Wardrobe - When you can put together 5 full outfits and you finally understand the need for more blouses

Wearing - When you've gone out in lolita 5 times or when you no longer get that strong nervous feeling in your stomach when your in public

Years- 1-2 years wearing, selling/buying and contributing to a comm

Online- When you've had CGL call out on your fresh meat status and then feast on your butthurt/ When you've dealt with bitches on FB about postage costs

>> No.7134531

male here, is it normal that I have a fetish for lolita clothing?

I just think it's really sexy and attractive, most guys seem to be repelled by it though

>> No.7134533

>>7134531
Because it's not a fetish. It's a fashion.

Plenty of people have used sock fetishes, but they don't bring it up around people who just like to wear socks, they do?

>> No.7134536

>>7134533
>do they?

Also for some reason I read that as "you guys seem to be repelled by [my fetish]" and not guys in general

Anyway my point stands

Also not all guys are repelled by lolita. Ive known plenty of guys who are indifferent to it. But it doesnt matter because lolita isn't work to attract males

>> No.7134538

>>7134533
you can have a fetish for a fashion

>> No.7134541

>>7134538
Yea, you can have a fetish for just about anything, that doesn't mean that the fetish is the reason why said thing exists. Don't be dumb.

>> No.7134543

Any seagulls have personal recommendations for an instore shopping service for the Harajuku Closet Child?

>> No.7134637
File: 58 KB, 346x450, dream2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So with this Lacebook thing, can you only join with an invite? I'm really interested in it but it's not letting me sign up.

>> No.7134644

>>7134433
Donut print? I haven't been checking on things lately, is there actually a donut print coming out?? I need to know pls oh god

>> No.7134711

>>7134449
i think they were just exaggerating in the first sentence lol

personally i also think its dumb that your sole purpose of going to church is to wear a dress, go for other reasons.

>> No.7134742

What the fuck is going on with /cgl/ it's taking like 3 or 4 mins to load the board for me every time...

>> No.7134842

Church anon here.
I should have worded it better, but >>7134400 basically said what I wanted to:
>That being said, nah I don't think it's shallow. Part of why people go to church is for the social aspect. Nothing to enjoy if you can't talk afterwards and share your beliefs or weekly plans with others. That's why they have pancake breakfasts/lunches/food things after church. And dressing up is nice - I have tons of lolita dresses I wish I could wear out but don't have the balls to go to Tesco in. It's nice to have an excuse.

I've been thinking of going back anyway. I was raised in a "non-denominational" Christian home and my uncle (who was the pastor) was liberal as shit. I sure as hell ain't going back there, but damn I do miss the friends I had...I was just wondering if ONE of the reasons for going back was to wear lolita once a week was shallow.

Yeah it is, but it's not my only reason. Thanks for the input, seagulls!

>> No.7134858

How much stretch does Angelic Pretty blouses have to them?

>> No.7134869

>>7134858
Not much. It's like a normal blouse

>> No.7134888

>>7134858
I would say none? Also, best to not push it because I have a 89 cm bust and my bust doesn't fit AP blouses that state 92 cm.

>> No.7134890

>>7134858
Full shirring ones can typically go up to about 110-115cm (sometimes a bit bigger), but I've heard they're small in the shoulders though.

>> No.7134979

>>7134637
yeah. i want an invite too but i don't have many loli friends.

>> No.7135128
File: 37 KB, 540x720, 1385519_151680015042797_223017850_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7134433
>>7134644
is this it?

also lol at misty re-release

>> No.7135130

>>7135128
There's going to be a Misty Sky re-release? Info, please.

>> No.7135133

>>7135130
There is some picture from an AP party with a new color of misty sky and that doughnut print (I don't know the if the one I just posted is the doughnut one though) and I saw the picture on tumblr yesterday? but it's not under the misty sky tag, so I'm trying to look for it.

>> No.7135136

>>7135133
It is a cloud print but the fabric looks different than Misty Sky and the clouds aren't as wispy/transparent

>> No.7135140
File: 60 KB, 422x750, tumblr_mu77u8nUA91qkyjbso1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7135130

>> No.7135161
File: 71 KB, 250x333, 2007 - Toy Parade - 72O-3253 (4).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are the sleeves on OPs like this really really super short? I have normal length scrawny western arms, but the sleeve length worries me. Or I could just pull a ghetto and add wrist cuffs to it...

>> No.7135170

>>7133426

A pink or white blouse should be fine, just make sure the pink matches the pink in the dress.
I'd leave out the tights and wear different ones or otk's.
Swap the yellow tp's for pink ones, that's cuter I think?

>> No.7135198

>>7133006
Unrelated, but I love this picture so much. They all look so happy and cute.

>> No.7135207

Is there any japanese shipping services that place bids on mbok whenever? because I am getting sick of losing bids because the last bid I can put on is 2 or more hours before the auction ends.

>> No.7135225

I just want a brown blouse that isn't a goddamn lace monster/have a giant clown collar/cost more than a skirt. Is that too much to ask?!?!

>> No.7135269

>>7133722
I was just thinking about this driving to work the other day...
I see where you're coming from.
I used to go to church til my parents learned it and its members were pretty bogus (can you guess it was Mormon?)
I wish that I had worn lolita while in church .. it would have been so at home there to wear it. that's why I've been thinking about it.
there is literally no other occasion in this society that wearing lolita, a modestly covered fashion, would be most accepted and most natural to wear. never do i feel natural wearing it at a meetup, or tea party because thats always behind closed doors.. I could even imagine inviting other members into it. I may go back for the social side. I also like to talk about religion, even if just on an objective basis which some people will do with me in the church.
But Mormonism is retarded.

>> No.7135271

>>7135225
there's one nice delicate one from chess story at the moment

>> No.7135349

Where is the Chantilly online shop? I have seen gorgeous Chantilly dresses and bonnets for years and have never found their shop (I haven't searched too much, though). Whenever I try to look for it with a search engine, the closest to Lolita that I can find is a type of lace called Chantilly.

>> No.7135359

>>7135349
>googles "chantilly lolita store"
> first result here http://egl.livejournal.com/14624311.html
> redirects you to online store here http://www.chantilly-mimidy.com/

just keep practicing your google snooping ma'am, you'll get there i know it

>> No.7135362

>>7135359
It's actually http://chantilly.shop-pro.jp/ now but your point still stands anon

>> No.7135364

>>7135349
website - http://chantilly-mimidy.com/
webshop - http://chantilly.shop-pro.jp/
blog - http://chantillyxx.blog97.fc2.com/

>> No.7135521

>>7135349
If you're U.S. based, select Chantilly items are also carried by Harajuku Hearts. Here's the link to their Chantilly stuff:

http://www.harajukuhearts.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=14&zenid=i9v06aipbo9224dpkulo0q4997

They ship from San Francisco, so it may be better than shipping from Japan?

>> No.7135569

How true to size are BTSSB's shoes? I'm interested especially in LL size.

>> No.7135602

What do I do about a petti that's too big for my waist?

It's a really nice petti, it just falls down to my hips, which makes it poke out from under the dress.

Is there an easy way to make it shorter or take it in?

>> No.7135605

>>7135602
Just safety-pin it a bit smaller if you don't want to sew. Otherwise, open the waistband and remove a few inches from the elastic band and sew everything back up again. That'll make it fit tighter.

>> No.7135639
File: 68 KB, 847x725, motherfucker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would this be the place to ask for help and advice about a shady seller?

I pre-ordered and completed the payment plan for a JSK from an indie seller over Facebook. She seemed kind of new, but I hadn't heard of any bad reviews about the company yet.

Anyway, the whole thing was a shit show. Her manufacturer was shifty for the whole process and she finally got the dress to me in August after beginning the process in February.

When the dress got here, it was awful. Just awful construction, awful fit, everything. There was a seam running up the front side of the dress that disrupted the print at the border. And I paid new NWT brand prices for this.

So I'm very upset. I took it to a professional local seamstress to check it out, and she said that it would cost about 60 USD to fix the seam thing, not to mention the straps that are actually just satin ribbon with lots of pull marks from the sewing.

I admit I was kind of a pushover through this. I agreed to send it back to the dress designer to have a "new manufacturer" repair it after she gave me a 25% refund. This was in August.

So far, I haven't received any updates without prompting her for them. This seems ridiculous to me.

All I have to show for it is the bow from the front of the dress. It is seriously worse than the HolleyTeaTime headbow disaster. It's like a tube of broadcloth with a rectangle of broadcloth stuffed inside it with a safety pin on the back.

So has anyone been in a similar situation?

>> No.7135643

>>7135639
I can post more details if anyone wants. I don't really want this girl to freak out and keep the money and the dress, but I really just want to ask for my money back at this point.

>> No.7135646

Sort-of related, is anyone on Lacebook that would be willing to invite me?

I don't really use livejournal at all so I have no other way of joining.

Email's in the field if anyone will help me, I'll prove that I'm a real person if you want me to.

>> No.7135650

>>7135643
You really need to tell us who this is so we can all stay away or other people who may have dealt with her can step forward to help you

>> No.7135665

>>7135650
Alright, I suppose I can since I have Facebook giving me a decent paper trail.

This is Clockwork Rose Boutique on Facebook. Their profile picture is an alpaca now.

I know of one other girl who ordered a skirt from them, but she was smart enough to bail and get a refund when she caught wind of the manufacturer shitting things up.

>> No.7135678

>>7135665
Oh them with the super shitty creepy cute line. She seems legit to the point that she isn't going to run away with your money because she's not just a one off indie brand, she is actually trying, she just has shit taste and no sewing skills so she probably doesn't realize how shitty her manufacture is. I'd just ask for the money back politely but let her know you are so disappointed in the quality (list out all grievances and pictures) that your review would be very negative when posted to the online communities if a refund isn't available. Have to be polite with the threat however or else she'll just talk about how unreasonable and inflexible you were as a customer and how 'you just can't make this kind of customer happy! If it's not one thing it's another!'. Pictures pictures pictures however will be your best defense against any kind of defense she may give and screenshots of all convos for a time line etc

>> No.7135689

>>7135678
I'm glad she isn't going to run away with my money.

The problem with that is she has the dress itself now. Like a retard, I forgot to take pictures of the dress itself before I sent it back to her. I do have the bow, though. I can post pictures of that.

I'll probably ask for a refund tonight, thanks for the advice. I was really looking forward to owning her Sugary Jellies JSK because I thought the print was cute. I just can't handle all these delays.

At this point I'd settle for a 75% refund if she'd let me keep the dress. The fabric it was made out of was acutally kind of nice (except for the broadcloth bow) so the 25% of the money should cover the cost of the fabric.

I understand that she might have gotten fucked over by her manufacturer, but I don't want to be fucked as well.

Does that sound reasonable? Do you think she would do a 75% refund?

With the refund, I would just fix the dress myself. I'm got a few skills and I could probably repair the dress. The biggest problem with the dress is that it was meant to be a babydoll style, but the band above the bust was pinched too tight and the below-the-bust measurement was about 5 inches bigger than the bust measurement itself. The dress had shirring in the back, but it was thin elastic bands rather than elastic cord, so it fit kind of weird with the shirring. When I put it on, the waist was all baggy and it looked like a really weird ETC potato sack style of dress, but it was all lumpy and shit with it's snagged satin ribbon waistband.

I'm kinda getting worked up typing this out, sorry.

If she'd do the 75% refund, I'd be happy. I asked for that back in August when I first got the dress, but she asked for a second chance and a 25% refund.

>> No.7135693
File: 100 KB, 275x411, tumblr_mj5uywAbIO1rj4fo5o1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7135689
It already looks sorta wonky in the stock photos...

>> No.7135700

>>7135693
A bit, but it looked cute and I'm a fan of sea-themed prints and I like supporting indie designers.

What you can't see is the horrendous construction. The JSK I got had the print split down the front on the left side.

I was hoping if anyone got to see them up close at Frill?

>> No.7135723

>>7135689
No she is not going to give you a 75% refund And let you keep the product, that is silly. I think you should ask for a full refund while she keeps the dress, she will then probably haggle it down to 75% ish. But no, no business is going to give you an almost full refund and let you keep the product, not sure where you got that idea from. Yeah no pictures is a huge thing. . you'd think since you like dealing with indie designers you would know to take pictures

>> No.7135747

>>7135569
I'm a size 6.5/7 UK, 25.5/26 Japan, 40 EU, 9.5/1- US.
They fit me.

Innocent World's LL does not.

>> No.7135750

>>7135747
*9.5-10 US, sorry

>> No.7135777

>>7135723
This. It's stupid to expect to keep an item if you want a refund, most stores do "send it back, we'll pay for postage back to us and refund you" as partial refunds etc. get messy as customers have different expectations of what damage is "worth" in terms of a discount compared to sellers. Sometimes you get a full refund and get to keep the item when it's not exactly as described and more hassle for the seller to get you to return it but that's more of a bonus than anything.

>> No.7135810

if anyone has an invite to lacebook, can you toss one my way please? Thanks!

>> No.7135839

>>7135810
I'm emailing you now

>> No.7135859

>>7135723
>>7135777
Thanks for the input. I'll just ask for the full refund tonight. I've never done anything like this before. It's a shame because I think the print is really cute, but I'd rather have my money back.

Now I'm really kicking myself for not getting pictures of the dress itself.
I didn't realize this would be a big deal.

Pictures of the bow incoming.

>> No.7135905
File: 292 KB, 858x644, bow1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7135859
Front view of the bow. The three pearls are a big difference from the stock picture.

>> No.7135912
File: 303 KB, 905x679, bow2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7135905
Backside. I'm hoping the construction style is starting to be obvious.

>> No.7135920
File: 168 KB, 858x644, bow3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7135912
After taking the middle out of the tube. I didn't have to take anything apart or rip anything to do this. The rectangle that makes up the middle was just loosely stuffed in the middle of this unhemmed tube.

>> No.7135923
File: 202 KB, 858x644, bow4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7135920
Ta da. That's all I've got. I'll ask for a refund tonight and see how it goes.

>> No.7135935

>>7135923
I'd like to feel bad for you, but just looking around the facebook page everything is horribly constructed, it's evident even in the stock photos

>> No.7135981

>>7135935
I kind of disagree. There was no way to know that the construction would be this bad from a distance and she had no negative reviews to read beforehand. Anyway, she should of had an informed opinion about her manufacturer before commissioning something this awful.

>> No.7136000

>>7135923
Omg this reminds me of that terrible bow tutorial with the glue and shit.

>> No.7136211
File: 225 KB, 400x600, tumblr_mu8zp4SpqK1qk0ywwo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7135128
>>7135140
more donut print, no more info on misty sky though that i found

>> No.7136224

>>7135839
Is there any way you would be able to send me one too? Thank you!

>> No.7136230

>>7136211
Oh shit, I hope it's just her 'forward motions' that's doing that to the bottom of the dress...

>> No.7136240

>>7136230
It's the petti, it's too short for the dress.

>> No.7136569

>>7136211
Looks like Petit Patisserie...

>> No.7136671

>>7136211
PLEASE. JSK VERSION PLEASE

>> No.7136837

>>7136211
Is there a name for this print yet? Or is it still a mystery.

>> No.7136861

What's glorious night carnival all about??

>> No.7136877

>>7136861
AP's annual big party in Tokyo

>> No.7136883

>>7136877
Thanks

>> No.7136956

where would be the best place in Japan to find a good petticoat for classic and or sweet. like two separate ones if need be. Ill be visting there soon and would like to get an actual petticoat instead of layering a bunch of crappy ones.

>> No.7137013

I bought custom printed tights, and both pairs are too large for me. They gather around my ankles and I just can't make them stay up. They are very pretty, so I'd hate to cut them up into stockings. Any ideas?

>> No.7137031

Is anyone going to the Halloween party at fairy tale boutique? I'd like to get my hands on an automatic honey necklace but I won't be able to go.
Can anyone help me out?

>> No.7137124

Anyone going to try for the Misty Sky re-release? Is it certain that there will be one?

>> No.7137204

Can anyone help me out here?
So I bought a dress from a girl in late september, shipped out the 26th. Tracking says it arrived on Friday the 4th, but problem! It's not actually there.
>seller provides credible tracking/paypal/etc info, so it's out of her hands
>already talked to roommate, no package
>already checked mailbox (Several times)
>talked to mail center of my building, they said since there was no 'signed for' page on the tracking they weren't responsible for it
>tried to call USPS but couldn't get out of the robot call center loop, that system just tells me it was delivered too
Any suggestions on what to do next? I'm thinking of going in person to USPS tomorrow but there's a lot of locations in my area and I'm not sure if it's better to go to one or the other, or what to say when I actually get there. I'm pretty worried, this is the first time I've had an issue with the mail and the dress is one I've wanted for a long time!

>> No.7137208

>>7136956
closet child carries some really beautiful pettis from Chocomint, get one.
>>7137013
have you tried tucking them in to the waist band of your petti/bloomers? Otherwise there isn't much, I don't think.
>>7137124
there's a whole thread on this already, check the catalogue.

>> No.7137223

>>7137204
I had a similar problem in the UK, order "arrived" but was signed for by a complete stranger, and didn't include a door number. The person who shipped had proof they shipped to my address so it was the postmen's fault. After about 3 phone calls, my delivery did thankfully arrive to my address, but no explanation ever was given. If you are 100%+ sure the seller has shipped to you, then all you can do is check with neighbours, try and find out if the tracking gives a surname (like mine did) and try and search around (I found someone who had the surname in my local area and tried to contact them, I spoke to neighbours as well as a possible area where my package could have been accidentally delivered to due to misreading). I suggest going to the nearest one and start from there?

>> No.7137228

>>7137013
sounds weird, but wear a second pair of underwear or boycut shorts over your tights if it's just that they need some help staying up. If it's that the tights are too baggy then that's a different matter altogether and I cant help

>> No.7137308

>>7137204
You need to call your local post office directly, not the USPS hotline.
You should be able to find the number if you go to the USPS website, type in your zipcode, then click on your office and look at the detailed page (the popup only shows the 1-800 number, which I'm sure you probably know).

>> No.7137310

>>7137204
>>7137308
Oh and also, you said you don't know which post office - it's literally the one you share a zip code with. That's what the last number of the 5 digits indicates, the particular post office.

>> No.7137318

>>7137208
>have you tried tucking them in to the waist band of your petti/bloomers? Otherwise there isn't much, I don't think.
They seem like they are for a much taller person. I've tried rolling them over, but the legs are too long and I can't hike them up anymore, if that makes sense.

>sounds weird, but wear a second pair of underwear or boycut shorts over your tights if it's just that they need some help staying up. If it's that the tights are too baggy then that's a different matter altogether and I cant help
They are too baggy in the leg, not in the waist. I don't know what to do about it.

>> No.7137377

>>7137013
What if you used garters to hold up the 'extra' bit of the legs?

>> No.7137407

>>7137377
Sounds awkward, but I'll try anything. I'll be back with results.

>> No.7137409

>>7135747
>>7135750
Thanks a lot! I guess I should be fine with 25/25,5.

>> No.7137467
File: 20 KB, 277x500, sock glue.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7137407
you can try sock glue. Pull them up tight over your knees, roll glue around your thigh and then pull the tights all the way up. The glue should keep the extra material from slipping down again.

>> No.7137473

So I bought a coat not realizing that it had shoulder pads. I am already very broad shouldered, so I need to take them out. Problem is, they are sewn into the fabric/covered up. I have zero sewing experience. Is this something I should try myself or should I take it somewhere? How much would something like this cost me?

>>7137013
Toss em in the dryer!

>> No.7137517

>>7137467
Oooh good idea, thanks!

>>7137473
>Toss em in the dryer!
I'll be honest, I'm terrified that I'll ruin them.

>> No.7137521

>>7137517
I mean you could just put them on a low setting, take them out every so often and try them on, that's what I do

>> No.7138325

>>7137208
Which closet child are you talking about? Ive only seen really crappy ones... but ive only really looked well in the harajuku one.

>> No.7138385

If I'm like 166cm would this year's Melty Royal Chocolate skirt be too short? It's like 43cm. I don't have a measuring tape and I'm having trouble visualizing it with a ruler. I fucking love that skirt but I don't want to buy it if it won't cover my butt...
Anyone have worn pics? The internet has mostly failed me.

>> No.7138542

>>7138385
As someone who is also 166cm and does own measuring tape, I'd say that a 43cm skirt would hit you/me/us about mid-thigh without a petti. If you do want to wear a petti with it, maybe get used to never bending over or ascending stairs while wearing it.
43cm, though? I knew AP was short but not THAT short, Jeebus. I always make my skirts 55cm and that's because I like them to hit a little above the knees.
Maybe if you wear a cute matching underskirt/bloomers with it?

>> No.7138546

Has anyone ever has their SS bid cancelled just because it was a SS..?

>> No.7138554

>>7138546
Many many times. It sucks.

>> No.7138555

>>7138385
It's a mini-skirt, so it's going to be short and not suited to lolita (still cute though if you don't mind something slightly less modest). The length also depends on your waist/low waist measurements and where the skirt's waistband is going to fall on you.

>> No.7138559

>>7138554
Is there any way to get around it? Like a SS that goes under the SS radar?

>> No.7138627

>>7138542
Thanks anon. It's the casual skirt, so it's not for lolita and I wouldn't be wearing a petti.
>>7138555
Thanks anon.

>> No.7138691

Girls, I need to lengthen the straps on one of my baby jsks. I'm nervous, so can you guys tell me about any brand alterations you've done/had done?

I have the the skills necessary, I'm just afraid because it's some of my precious burando.

>> No.7138698

>>7138559
You need a shopping service that isn't known to be a shopping service. Ones that are basically just one person are ideal. You'll also want someone who is female, if you're buying lolita things, because sometime sellers won't sell to men.

>> No.7138707

i put on what i thought was a reasonable about of make up - primer, foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blush, lips, mascara, i skipped false eyelashes though but in my meet up photos my makeup like disappeared i look so scruffy like i didn't put any makeup on. wtf why?!

>> No.7138713

I have an offbrand JSK, and the straps are too long for me, even on the smallest setting. What can I do to shorten them without just cutting a hole in it? I want to make sure it's all even and stuff, and I don't know how to sew button holes.

Would I be best off just pinning it on the inside?

>> No.7138724

I'm trying to buy some circle lenses, the seller is malaysia based, and they are telling me that POS malaysia isn't allowing them to ship my package with airmail, and that I would have to use ems

I would really rather not use EMS as it's overpriced and not what I want, is this like a legit thing that's happening?

>> No.7138726

>>7138713
Why not just fold up and sew the straps, preserving the buttonholes? If you do it right, no one should be able to tell.

>> No.7138880

>>7137473
>So I bought a coat not realizing that it had shoulder pads. I am already very broad shouldered, so I need to take them out. Problem is, they are sewn into the fabric/covered up. I have zero sewing experience. Is this something I should try myself or should I take it somewhere? How much would something like this cost me?

Anyone have any ideas?

>> No.7138972

>>7138707
Because you didn't apply it correctly, most likely, or some of it may have come off from rubbing your eyes etc during he meet. Take selfies before you go out if you want to know how your makeup will look in pictures, and don't just go by what looks good to you in the mirror.

>> No.7139104
File: 43 KB, 426x640, DSC_0431.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I have a CP petti (daily poof A-line - link here: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-189500549.37.VB5bXt&id=10292662400)) and I was just trying it with some dresses I got today - and I think it deflated a bit.

Pic related: is it deflated? And what can I do to poof it back up again?

>> No.7139155

>>7139104
I recently gotten a raise, and wanted to get my first lolita type dress. Any recommendations?

>I really just don't want to look like a clown and end up in an ita thread

>> No.7139175

>>7139155
What is your budget? Measurements? Preferences as far a styles go? That could help give you suggestions on places to look.

Unless you do something insanely terrible and hideous, you're probably not going to end up in an ita thread. It was a big fear for me, but I've never ended up in one. Just be sure to take some time to research what works and what doesn't in the fashion, and build up your first coordinate and then go from there. You'll be fine.

>> No.7139178

>>7139155
Whoops, didn't mean to link that.

>> No.7139184

>>7139104
It seems pretty deflated. You could try tossing it in the dryer

>>7139155
This question is impossible to answer. We need to know what your budget is, what you like what you don't like, what are you measurements, etc etc

>> No.7139187

>>7139155
you know what I did? I had a lolita friend, established lolita friend, and she gave me a bunch of links, but what helped me the MOST was... she told me 'look at Fan+Friend/Bodyline, save a bunch of pictures of stuff you personally LIKE or think looks good and then email it to me' she then picked out the outfits she considered 'decent/passing' and told me why she considered the others ita.

Granted, she used those sites because they both have really hit or miss shit. We could even have a thread based totally around this concept for beginners, since a lot of people just don't want to sit and read the egl tags or the hellolace handbook for an hour or two at first, they are too excited to TRY SHIT OUT

>> No.7139190

>>7139187
this is really only in response to the whole

>don't want to look like a clown

literally cannot recommend anything without knowing your style, budget, size, etc, like already pointed out.

>> No.7139196

>>7139190
>>7139175

My bust is 32.5 in
Waist is 27 in
Hips're 32.5 in as well.

I'm 4'11 and willing to spend around 170ish US dollars on it if needed. I don't have really any preferences at the moment, but I feel like I could pull of sweet lolita pretty alright.

>> No.7139208

>>7139196
You can wear basically anything with those measurements

There are tons of sweet brands

I would suggest making a WTB on the sales comm or looking around mbok

Just, do research

>> No.7139210

>>7139196
'pulling' off something and actually having a preference because you LIKE a style are two completely different things. What the fuck do you like?

>> No.7139277

>>7138698
Any suggestions? The SS list on LJ doesn't seem very up to date.

>> No.7139300

Can bubble hems work in lolita? Me and another lolita were having a friendly argument about it.

>> No.7139308

>>7139196
For $170, you might be able to find a good deal of 2nd hand brand. I'd just hunt around on egl-comm-sales, or the facebook sales communities. And yeah, you'll have no issues fitting into most anything.

You could also put together a full Bodyline coord or bodyline/taobao coord for under that amount. But if you just want to get a dress and then wait until your next paycheck for socks and shoes, that can work too.

>> No.7139322

>>7139300
do bubble hems work anywhere?

>> No.7139324

>>7139300
Not really. Might look good in a cosplay but not with all the poof.

>> No.7139363

>>7139184

Damn.

I heard stuffing it in the drawer also helps. Should I do that? I've been hanging it upside down for a while, but I'm pretty sure that made it worse.

>> No.7139369
File: 50 KB, 300x400, JetJ Fortunée Cadeau.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7139300
Yes? I mean, it's rare, but some brands have done it.

>> No.7139378

>>7139363
Does the whole stuffing-it-into-a-tiny-bag thing actually work? People always say to do that but it makes my mind explode.
Mine's living inside-out on a lampshade because it looks funny but I think it's deflating it.

>> No.7139384

>>7139378

Then again, people said CP will never, ever deflate but apparently I'm doing everything wrong because it is. Sigh....

>> No.7139399

>>7139196
I think you need decide what sort of look you want to go for - obviously there are a whole range of styles within lolita, and 'I can pull it off' doesn't mean 'I would like to wear this outfit'. I too can pull off sweet lolita, but I feel super uncomfortable in tea-parties, plastic jewellery and pastels and would much rather be wearing platform boots, a choker, and dark velvets. $170 can get you a full outfit, but if you don't love it or want to wear it you're essentially pissing it into the wind.

>>7139300
I personally don't like them, but they're not inherently "un-lolita" in the same way a crotch length pleated mini skirt is.

>>7139363
I own the daily A-line and I don't think that photo looks that deflated from it's "usual" poof, it really just is a daily petticoat and it is only one layer so doesn't have the volume to stay super poofy. You could try giving it a decent shake out or spray-starching the outer layer, but ultimately it isn't a particularly large petti.

>> No.7139408
File: 786 KB, 2031x2991, 2rb10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

might seem like a little weird question, but I was wondering what kind of style the girl in the red is wearing in this picture?

It's super cute and I want to get into it...but I'm male

someone send help

>> No.7139412

>>7139408
i would say deconstructed punk.

>> No.7139425

>>7139408
looks like shorts to me so a punky kodon, perfect for males

>> No.7139423

>>7138880
You have no sewing experience, so you already answered the question about trying it yourself. Price varies according to dressmaker/seamstress, so the best bet is to take it to someone and ask for a quote on it. You may find that the coat fits very oddly without the shoulder pads as well as the shape of shoulder pads is slightly different from your actual shoulders, so it may need additional alterations. If that requires things like changing the sleeves or taking the whole shoulder in this could make it quite an expensive alteration - like over $50 depending on the way it's constructed.

>>7139384
Those who say CP will never deflate have obviously never worn them under anything heavier than light cotton, and are also probably referring to the multi-layered A-line petti and the bell shaped one rather than the daily A-line. I remember seeing a daily_lolita entry with the bell shaped petti under Drosselmyer's Wonderbox and it looked like really minimal poof, and this also happens to me with velvets. Their multi-layered A-line is practically unkillable though.

>>7139408
Just looks like regular japanese goth/punk style to me. The clothing brands are all listed there if you want to google them.

>> No.7139456

>>7139425
threw punk kodona into google search and did like a lot of the results! thank you!

>>7139423
i dunno i looked up Channel H and ended up not finding anything so I was confused.

so i guess i'm mainly looking at kodona with a little punk

not sure if relevant but subdued plaid colours are really cute

>> No.7139504

>>7139456
Channel H is a sub-brand of H.naoto....

>> No.7139510

>>7139504
oh.

...learn more everyday.

>> No.7139866

I'm having a really hard time making an account on LolitaFashion Forums. Am I the only one? Or am I just a moron?

>> No.7139880

What is your favourite lolita brand when it comes to bonnets?

I'm thinking of getting some to add a touch more classic to my wardrobe.

>> No.7139898

>>7139880
Triple Fortune

>> No.7139900

>>7139880
Triple Fortune, VM, Mille Fleurs

>> No.7139902

>>7139423
could you toss a link to the multi-layer petti? not sure which are which

>> No.7139911

>>7139898
Do you need a shopping service for Triple Fortune?

>>7139900
Thank you very much. I didn't even consider Mille Fleurs.

>> No.7139941
File: 558 KB, 945x680, ap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Really excited for my packages! I'm finally able to flesh out my wardrobe instead of JUST buying jsks lol

>> No.7139953

>>7139941
That's so exciting!

I'm actually doing the same for once, normally I end up buying a jsk or op, but I've been creating a bit of a wishlist for taobao, and have a few skirts (ones I have wanted for a very long time), blouses, and bags on the way! :)

>> No.7139956

>>7139277
Try Chibi Tenshi. You can always make a post on the comm sales asking for one, too.

>> No.7139975
File: 166 KB, 560x647, T2oE1OXahaXXXXXXXX_!!26107146.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7139902

Pretty sure they're talking about the "violent" A-line.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-189500549.34.AmKPur&id=3401713800

>> No.7140061
File: 88 KB, 426x640, 1005OP346_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7139941
>>7139953
Such discipline is to be commended....I bought another JSK instead.

>> No.7140106

>>7139941
My addiction is skirts. They're way cheaper and therefore easier to justify as a purchase.

>> No.7140116

i am looking at japanese secondhand websites and i dont know the condition ratings. what is rated grade A, B and C?

>> No.7140121
File: 185 KB, 1000x668, 1267045_443086659142882_1327473208_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone seen this style of shoe around anywhere?

>> No.7140124

>>7140116
It depends on the specific website but
A normally means it is either new or hardly worn, there is absolutely nothing wrong.
B normally means there is some signs of wear minor things like wrinkles perhaps but nothing is missing, there is no dirt.
C normally means there is obvious signs of wear, it may have dirt or may be missing an accesory.

It really depends on the website specifically, and on some of the sites they have an explanation of the rating for that particular item.

If you want to know about a specific website please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck :)

>> No.7140125

>>7140116
It's commonsensical really.
A means the condition is practically mint if not looking like it was just bought.
B means good condition with minimal flaws.
C can mean average to below average condition with significantly more flaws such as noticeable stains. That's why even if a rare print has this grade it still takes awhile to sell because then the question is if it's worth the money to buy what is essentially damaged goods.

>> No.7140132

>>7140121
Those particular ones are Jane Marple

>> No.7140134

>>7140121
Jane Marple.

>> No.7140197
File: 36 KB, 250x333, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Question about the cut of AP's sweet jam OP, hopefully can be answered by someone who's owned/tried on both this OP and the sugar pansy OP. They both have full back shirring, and both look like they're constructed with a seam running midway through the bodice. Tried on sugar pansy cause iloved it, but bust is too big for sugar pansy, and the lace seam through the middle cuts into my boobs and makes it look more like an udder. >_< will I have the same problem with sweet jam? Or is that ruffle of polka dot fabric and the back shirring more roomy on sweet jam? (Bust varies between 96-98cm at the moment)

>> No.7140200

>>7139399
>>7139423

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll go through the usual steps of trying to inflate my petti back up, but I'll look into buying another one.

>tfw just spent so much on jellyfish already my wallet is crying

>> No.7140249

b97 w78 shoulders 41
i like classic and gothic, i usually don't fit in brand. never bought a lolita coat; what should i look out for? are burando completely impossible for me?
Pardon my double posting. No luck in the other thread

>> No.7140299

>>7140106
Jesus christ yes. Skirts fit me better and they are cheaper and I just... its like lolita drugs. On the plus side, it forces me to buy some blouses because I can't wear the same shit every day.

>> No.7140397

>>7140249
um, look at the measurements on brand websites and make sure you're at least 5 cm underneath them. Maxicimam, h.naoto, putumayo all make coats with ~100cm bust but most of the "big brands" run a bit smaller than that. You might have better luck with capes - think IW and VM.

>> No.7140443

General question: wanting to buy an OP from infanta, and my measurements fit a Small except from my bust measurements. I'm at 86cm and the small says 84cm. Should I just get a medium or is there a bit of leeway for that 2cm?

>> No.7140447

i need a reliable shopping service fast. drop some (user)names please? chibi_tenshi is on vacation.

>> No.7140454

>>7140447
Tokyo Pirates is a new one that seems good

>> No.7140483

Hi everyone! Does anyone have a good recommendation for a shopping service to sell items on Y!J auctions or Mbok? A person or a company works either way. Thanks!

>> No.7140482

>>7140454
Tokyo Pirates indeed, I had a great experience using her service.

>> No.7140485

>>7140106
oh god, most of my wardrobe is skirts. I just can't stop buying them when I see a good deal! Just got a Chess Story skirt secondhand too~

>> No.7140504

>>7140485
I think i know you!
if I do, congrats again on the skirt!

>> No.7140539

>>7140299
this feel. I'm a busty-chan so finding blouses is suffering. but skirts look so much better on me because now I don't have to worry about the bodice being too high or two low on my short as fuck torso! and no worrying about boobloafing! so mostly wins.

>> No.7140540

>>7140249
get an F+F coat, you can get the measurements made custom and they're super warm! some brand coats aren't very warm or functional at all.

>> No.7140580
File: 90 KB, 340x255, up3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know what the type of ribbon brands usually use is called? Not the satin ones or crossgrain but the soft matte ones used in hair accessories and for the bows on wrist cuffs.

Pic related

>> No.7140614

>>7139953
Thank you!! And yes I have so many jsks but nothing to really go with them so my coordinates are rather plain. I'm actually trading them for skirts and buying more cardigans/boleros and accessories. I'm much happier with my wardrobe than I was a few months ago!

>>7140061
That JSK is gorgeous. You shouldn't feel bad at all

>>7140299
>>7140539
Try looking for cardigans or boleros. I had issues with blouses too - they always seemed too frumpy

>> No.7140638

>>7140580
I think your pic related is cotton satin....

>> No.7140649

Anyone have any recommendations for blouses (or stores that make them) for people who are fairly small but somewhat broad shouldered? Most of my brand blouses are too big in general but too narrow in the shoulders.
Is buying custom my only option?

>> No.7140698

>>7140249

I used to be pretty close to these measurements (98cm bust and 39cm shoulders), I wouldn't say you can't fit into brand coats as they're usually made bigger to fit someone with clothes on -- but they're really uncomfortable. For one thing, even if your bust fits, the shoulder section is going to be too tight, and you have to wear really thin clothes as they were made for a smaller person wearing thick clothes.

Personally I'd go with either taobao (Infanta has a lot of nice coats) or fanplus friend.

As for what to look for, look for reviews, and if possible, ask the reviewer about their own weather -- winter differs widely in countries, so what's warm enough for one country might be thin for another.

>> No.7140717

Any men here dress as lolitas?

I am going to be a zombified lolita for halloween

Are my friends going to find it funny or are they going to never want to be seen near me again?

>> No.7140744 [DELETED] 

Where2cop parasols?

or cute umberellas? my dick of an ex-roomate took mine when she moved.

Need to get
>cheap shitty but semi-nice looking parasol for casual outfits

>nice quality parasol for Lolita days

>adorable umbrella, preferably one that will show my powerlevel (sanrio, miyazaki, or generic uguu stuff)

>> No.7140885
File: 54 KB, 400x400, purple-ruffled-bubble-hem-dress-sonia-by-sonia-rykiel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7139300
Bubble hems look terrible 99% of the time, no matter what fashion it is. There's a reason you practically never see it.

Pic fuckin related. I mean, do you want to wear something nicely hemmed and trimmed, or something that looks like it's tucked into your bloomers?

>> No.7140888

>>7139369
That's not the same thing.

>> No.7140896

>>7137318
Maybe just return them.

>> No.7140918

>>7140885
All I see is a shitty Lumpy Space Princess costume.

>> No.7140945
File: 53 KB, 720x960, lavender bubble hem sk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7139300
I recently commissioned this

I think it turned out kinda well

>> No.7141021

>>7140299
'Lolita drugs' is a pretty good way to sum it up. I'm really lacking blouses atm but I've got some more in the mail. Living in a hot climate means they need to be pretty breathable so I'm opting for lightweight fabrics.

>>7140485
Good deals are easy to find as well. When I first started in the fashion I picked up two AP non-pint skirts (one was only a relatively new release from about 6months prior) for $70 shipped. They were in fantastic condition as well.

>>7140539
I'm not really busty but my torso in uneven so sometimes bodices don't site quite right. If I buy skirts though I'm pretty much guaranteed a good fit.

>> No.7141084
File: 419 KB, 675x607, 5hg43f_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone ever ordered from this shop? http://royalrabbit.storenvy.com/

I was interested in pic related but can't seem to find any reviews on them besides the comments on the page. Also I'm a bit of a newbie so I guess from a ~veteran loli~ point of view, do these bows look like they're worth the price?

>> No.7141092

>>7141084
Royal Rabbit has a great rep and many satisfied lolis. I personally hate any kind of blackxred combo so that bow, while the construction and materials look great, is hideous to me, but her other color combos (she does commission too) is fantastic.

>> No.7141101
File: 27 KB, 400x400, azn squishface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fatty-chan here. Will Qutieland order clothes to be mad bigger than the "oversize" option? Because I'm bigger than the oversize option.

If not, then what shops will? Besides fanplusfriend, which is a last resort. Also, I'm apparently too fat for Bodyline, so that's out too.

>> No.7141106

>>7141101
Probably time to lose some weight. I'm not going to tell you its easy, because its not. Life is easier, and generally better for normal/skinny people though, so you have to decide whether you're comfortable as you are now, or do you want your life to be better.

>> No.7141109

>>7141101
From what I was told, those measurements are just guidelines. They'll custom make almost any size. If an 400lb person can order, you can.

>> No.7141112

>>7141101
Why is F+F a last resort? I fucking love them.

>> No.7141119

>>7141106
Yeeaahh, I was thinking it might come to that. Besides, I need the exorcise and missing vitamins anyway. Better late than never, right? There's a health club at the college I'm going to I believe, maybe they can help out. I just gotta keep with it this time.

>> No.7141126

>>7141112
I do like their stuff too but I keep hearing from other lolitas that they are hit and miss, and some of their stuff, girls have been saying was shiny stuff? But I know that shiny =/= bad so maybe they were just nitpicking about fabric sheen.

I'm a lil afraid to try them out now.

>> No.7141128

>>7141101
Dont order from qutieland, thats your first mistake

what are your measurements, out of curiosity?

>> No.7141129

>>7141112
they're really hit and miss with custom size stuff and also don't know how to do full bust adjustments. Some people never have a problem with them at all and others have ended up with stuff that is nothing near the measurements they gave them.

>> No.7141135

>>7141101

Depends on the shop they're ordering it from. It'll usually say "size above oversize accept", and you have to email them to make sure the shop can take the order, as sometimes the production run for the item may be finished and they'll only have fixed sizes left.

>> No.7141138
File: 8 KB, 164x307, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7141101
>too fat for Bodyline

>> No.7141143

>>7140649
Yes, custom is your only option unless you want to go with full back corset lacing/shirring.

>>7140717
depends on your friends, we can't tell you that. One would hope that given that they're your friends you would have some idea how they're likely to react.

>>7140614
Thanks. I sort of feel bad because there are a few dresses in my wardrobe that could use having some more items to match them. I agree with you about blouses seeming quite frumpy, by the way, that's one of the things that really weirded me out when I first got into lolita, like "why wear blouses under such nice dresses?" and I still prefer a nice bolero or jacket over the top rather than wearing a blouse underneath, although my stance on them has softened somewhat.

>> No.7141152

>>7141128
Here's my measurements at this moment. I'm kinda embarrassed at them now that I had to retake them to make sure I got them right...

Bust: 125 cm / 49 in (wearing a shitty bra, so it's prolly slightly wrong, maybe a cm off idk)

Waist: 106 cm / 42 in

Hip: 129 cm / 50 in

All I have is shitty bras, so maybe I should invest in better ones before figuring out any lolita stuff. (I have to save up again anyway, bills)

>> No.7141163
File: 1.54 MB, 2592x1936, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So quick question. Making shoe clips. Little black bows, with a sheer and black back bow part. Trying to decide, add a little drape of pearls, or add in the little orange stars. Theme is witch and the sheer bow has a witch print in it. Photo looks derpy but it's even.

>> No.7141166

Why do people always complain about fat lolita?

I mean, shit, most american lolis are fat. If anything, it's more accurate.

>> No.7141167

>>7141163
They both seem like they'd go nicely, but I personally would put the stars.

>> No.7141186

>>7141152
Yea you should lose weight, your measurements are way too high and you'll give yourself a lot of health implications in the future if you don't make some lifestyle changes.

>> No.7141194

>>7141166
Because it's not about accuracy, it's about looking nice...?
But anyway, I'm fine with fat lolis as long as they buy flattering clothes. It's just a lot of them don't seem to get that just because a co-ord is technically good, doesn't mean you can squeeze yourself into a dress that's several sizes too small and look nice.

>> No.7141197

>>7141152
Yea I would try to get down to at least a 34in waist :) You don't have to be a skinny minny, but it will be much easier even if you can get to that much

I'm fat too. It's hard but you can do it anon!

>> No.7141208

>>7140539
I have been unsuccesful with lolita blouses so far but maybe I just never had the right size, either to big or gaping just under or at my bust :/ Cutsews on the otherhand have been good.

>> No.7141271

I know flats look stupid with lolita, but what about with casual lolita? I found a cute pair of flats I wanted to wear on my birthday for a casual coord, but I don't want to buy them if it's going to look awful.
What's your guys' opinion?

>> No.7141272

>>7141271
Do what you want, anon. I personally think that most ballet flats look awful no matter what you wear them with, but that shouldn't stop you from doing what you want and wearing what you like.

>> No.7141274

>>7141271
IMO, flats look absolutely horrid in every outfit ever and should not be worn. Ever.

But that's just me.

>> No.7141275

>>7141271
Oh, and I meant "never, ever" as in: not only in lolita but outside too. Flats are the cancer killing the shoes industry.

>> No.7141296

>>7141197
I second this. I used to be 46/40/42 and 215lbs. I'm now down to 40/33/37 and 150lbs. I have issues finding things that look flattering mostly to being busty, but what I can fit in a lot of things now. It's weird because when I was at that size, I would've never imagined being my current size (what I was for most of high school) and I still have a good deal I'd like to lose. But at my current size, there's a lot of options and alterations aren't crazy difficult when you're only adding a few inches.

>> No.7141310
File: 962 KB, 3974x3476, ballet-flats1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7141274
>>7141275
I assume by flats you only mean this sort of shit right? I mean, tea parties are technically "flats" too.

As for the normalfag flats, I never understood the mass appeal of them as the comfortable alternative to heels. Flats are not comfortable in the slightest. They have zero support and you get stabbed in the foot by rocks, and they're such a bitch to keep on your feet since most of them only cover your toes and don't have straps.

tl;dr I agree, shoe cancer.

>> No.7141314

>>7141310
I like having a pair of flats to throw on to get mail, run to do some errands etc, or out to eat. But I never really wear them for fashion purposes. Just quick fucking shoes to throw on for a bit.

>> No.7141315
File: 500 KB, 200x97, NopeNopeNopeNOPE.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7141310
I can never get over them being soooo ugly. It makes normal feet look like bigfoot, and I just can't wear any without pain in every step. Hate those thing with a burning passion.

>> No.7141329

>>7141310
As a petite girl with a pear shape these shoes are the most annoying thing to happen to fashion. Everyone is all like "Oh just throw on a pair of flats", yeah, no thanks, I don't feel like emanating doing the "stubby dwarf" look today.

>>7141271
So, in my opinion, it would be awful. But that is just my heavy bias. You can probably find some cute, low, cheap wedges at Target or even Payless if you want to go casual. Obviously what you're looking for depends on the coord as well.

>> No.7141331

>>7141310

Being 5'8, I only wear flats because why the fuck would I want to tower over everyone?

>> No.7141341

>>7141314
>throw on to get mail, run to do some errands etc, or out to eat. But I never really wear them for fashion purposes

So, you wear them on a regular basis. How? They're neither comfortable nor practical.

>> No.7141353

>>7141331
wear oxfords or loafers or tea parties or mary janes or literally anything else that doesn't have heels?

>> No.7141359

>>7141331
I'm tall too.

Kitten heels are our friends

>> No.7141395

I am so pissed at Japonica right now. I just ended an order with them and was awaiting the final invoice. In the order form they ask what shipping you would like and for both items I selected "registered post". I also emailed them saying I want this type of shipping, too. I received the invoice yesterday and it was more than I thought it would be but I paid it anyway. Then I saw in the email they had written what each charge was for, and they had charged me 4000 yen for EMS. The items only cost 5000 yen so I didn't want EMS! I emailed them saying that I paid the invoice and confirmed my shipping address, but also said that I didn't want EMS and that I had already told them that so could they please ship with the registered post option? Today, they emailed me saying that my items were shipped with EMS, no comments about registered post. Why do they even have the option of you choosing what shipping you want if they don't even listen when you state that you don't want EMS multiple times?! They've done this before but the orders were more expensive so I didn't mind paying for EMS as much at the time.

TLDR; Japonica give you the option of shipping with registered post on their site but ignore your requests to do so and always charge you for EMS even when you don't want it. Maybe I should change shopping services, they've been annoying me lately.

>> No.7141405

>>7141331
5'9 here, fuck that noise, heels make me look like a sexy amazon, plus my boyfriend is 6'3 so it doesn't matter anyways.

>> No.7141416

>>7141186
My measurements are approximately 36.5" bust, 30" waist and 38" hips. I'm 5'4". I know I've gotten chubby at the very least, but would you say I'm at risk? /cgl/ will probably call me a landwhale but I would like some brutal honesty. Most of my weight is in my boobs and my butt.

>> No.7141420

>>7141416
Forgot the mention, I'm about 140 pounds.

>> No.7141425

>>7141416
You're on the heavier end of a normal weight range. If you're concerned, start building up muscle mass.

>> No.7141428

>>7141416
You're definitely chubs, but it sounds like your weight is distributed well.

>> No.7141435

>>7141331
>why the fuck would I want to tower over everyone?
why the heck wouldn't you short girls wish they could intimidate people like this
>>7141405
sexy amazon sister

>> No.7141450

>>7141416

That's odd, I'm your height and 63kg now, but all of my measurements are smaller than yours.

Anyway, at 36-30-38 most of my family thought I really needed to cut back on sweets and go on a diet. My doctor said I was within my bmi and totally healthy though. In the end I did go on a diet, but it was purely because I didn't like the way I looked rather than because of health reasons.

>> No.7141474

>>7141425
>>7141428
I'm scared that I'm teetering into the overweight category but I'm been trying to cut down on sugar and exercise more so hopefully I can go back to weighing around 125/130 pounds like I used to.

>>7141450
Really? What are your measurements, out of curiosity? Maybe you just have more muscle than me. Even if I am healthy, I will continue to try to lose weight anyway as I also don't like how I look right now. How much did you weigh when you had similar measurements to me?

Thanks, everyone! It's good to know that I'm not a landwhale but I hope to shed around 10 pounds over the next few months if possible.

>> No.7141480

>>7141395
I've heard that other people were dissatisfied with Japonica but I don't know why. Has anyone else had issues with them here? Is pushing with EMS their only fault? I'm not sure if I should use them or Japamart.

>> No.7141489

>>7140443
Unless it's got shirring or something, go for a medium. I've got 2 OPs from them, and their listed measurements are absolute.

>> No.7141516

>>7141480
I use Japonica and they've been quite lovely. I always ship via EMS, and specifically asked for EMS if I mistakenly wrote Registered Airmail on the form, so I wouldn't know.

But, once a Japanese seller took forever to ship an item I bought, and by the time it arrived at their warehouse it was 6 days before I needed it, so I wrote an email to them basically asking if they would kindly ship my item out soon. The girl basically went out of her way to ship my item for me on a non-shipping day and it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside lol. And they warn you too if the item you're bidding on on mbok/ yj auction is defective/ missing parts.

I still like to use them as I'm not in a hurry, but they do take some time to get back to you as they're getting rather popular and they might have some mix ups?

>> No.7141552

ok really pissed. Third time I've gotten 'notice left' on a tracking for USPS and no notice has been on my door AND I've been at home during the supposed 'attempted delivery' what can I do? I assume if I make a stink it's going ot be one of those things where the treatment just gets worse? Like they may not even scan it in or refuse my pickup because my address on my license is different than the mailing addres...

>> No.7141563

>>7141552
All you need is a photo ID that matches the name on the package and you're fine to pick it up - the address doesn't need to match. Since redelivery hasn't been happening, go to your post office and 1) get your package by showing your ID and 2) make a big stink about it all and ask to speak with the manager.

>> No.7141569

>>7141552
Bring a bank statement or something with your name and address on it + a photo ID and you should be fine.
Also, install a nanny cam.

>> No.7141585

>>7141563
>>7141569
yeah I haven't had a problem picking stuff up, I was just kind of being paranoid that if I make a big deal out of them obviously not even attempting to deliver, that they will give me even more trouble than just not delivering the packages (not scanning it so I never even know it arrives at the post office and they return to sender, etc).

I just fucking wish they would try and deliver it.

I'll just go ahead and ask them wtf is going on.

>> No.7141591
File: 1011 KB, 144x127, 1378189599720.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Vitae are going on perma-hiatus

>> No.7141627

>>7141591
let's hope wamh is next

they do use the same factory

>> No.7141677

>>7141552
Sometimes your mail carrier is an asshole or doesn't want to wait in the rain or something so they just leave the slip without bothering to knock. We have one (of two) who does that and it's so annoying. Something I've heard working for people is setting up a camera to catch them just leaving the slip, but it's kind of a lot of trouble.

>> No.7141679

>>7141677
One anon here posted about a time she set up a camera and caught her dickhead mailman put out three notices at once (after three it gets sent back)

I wonder what mailmen have to deal with to make them hate humanity.

>> No.7141680

>>7141677
The problem is there is no slip. They don't leave anything. I would be fine if they just stuck the slip in my box instead of coming up the stairs, because then I would actually know they had come by.

I even looked all in the bushes around the building in case it blew off... the first time. Now the third time it has happened and I don't think the notice is just disappearing or blowing away somewhere, I think they aren't even putting it out.

>> No.7141685

>>7141395
Me again, should I tell Japonica that I'm a bit disappointed as I told them so many times I didn't want EMS? Or should I just leave it? I don't want them to do this again if I shop with them again.

>> No.7141691

>>7141685
I think you should tell them, nicely, that you think they made a mistake sending it via EMS after you've requested Registered but don't push it.

>> No.7141709

>>7141691
Would this be okay?

"Hello,
I am a bit confused as I requested registered airmail shipping, not EMS. The items were only worth a bit over 5000 yen and so I did not want to use EMS as it is expensive. Next time, could you please ship with registered airmail? Thank you."

I don't want to be rude but I don't want to be a doormat as this is the third time they've done this.

>> No.7141711

>>7141685
iirc if your parcel weighs over 2kg they have to send it EMS. I obviously don't know what you bought or if it is over but yeah, if it is.

>> No.7141730

>>7141709
I think that'll be fine. I mean, they're a nice ss and all, and it'll be a bad idea to send them an all caps angry email if you still want to use their service in their future.
Just my 2 cents, coz I know of some girls who are unreasonably rude to the company and wonder why they don't get good service. ^^"

>> No.7141773

>>7141711
I bought two lightweight dresses, even heavy velvet dresses don't cost a kilo so unless one of the sellers gave me an expensive freebie, I doubt it.

>>7141730
I just sent it and they sent this:
"hi !

Sorry for the delay.

in case of Registered Airmail,
item price for insurance : less than 6000yen
weight or size limit : http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/small_packing_en.html
*** more than 2kg or size over or 6000yen = EMS only.

thank you."

I'm a bit confused as the items were under 6000 and not 2kg, but ohwell. I got a good deal on what I bought and the fees aren't too high. Even if they're annoying with the shipping thing, they are really friendly and not impersonal.

>> No.7141776

>>7141730
Oh, and I would never want to send them an angry or rude message. Why are people rude to them? Even if they do make mistakes sometimes, they're only human. We would miss out on a ton of great deals if we didn't have shopping services.

>> No.7141783

>>7141773
Hmm, maybe it's because they ship the dresses and larger items in a box? I think sometimes registered airmail don't take in boxes larger than a certain size.

And yeah, unfortunately there are some that thinks 'I paid them to do this for me how can they not be PERFECT' and is generally a real cunt if shopping service screws up. Majority of us aren't though.

>> No.7141831

Does Vierge Vampur ever come up on the secondhand market? I realize that it would be difficult, as items are generally custom made/sized, but I'm nervous about spending that much money on a custom piece from a brand I've never seen IRL.

>> No.7141833

>>7141831
Rarely. You're better off spending that money directly on the brand.

>> No.7141861

>>7141831
I've seen the Mealtime OP come up a couple times, but nothing else. By the way, VV do do custom sizing, but they have a standard size as well; I have the Mealtime OP myself (It's beautiful, but I don't wear it as often as I'd like because the collar is a little big for my tastes), and I didn't get it custom sized.

>> No.7141876

>>7141416
>>7141450
I find this kinda interesting to compare, also 5'4'', 61kg and my measurements 33-29-37, I'm obviously more like >>7141416 and it's been a concern of mine too. I used to reckon I'd only be a good weight if I fit unshirred brand comfortably, and then one day I bought one just to have as a "goal" and it fit me perfectly... still look fat, especially the arms and legs. We should work on it together!

>> No.7141883

>>7141416
>>7141450
>>7141876

I'm 5'4, 62kg and I'm 36-28-36,
Don't ever want to risk buying unshirred brand but fit pretty much everything else with shirring but these shoulders o_o 38 cm, makes blouse shopping bloody hard.

>> No.7141904

>>7141416
Yes - see my reply below...

>>7141450
I'm surprised that the doctor gave you clearance with a 30" waist, but I assume you were keeping healthy in other ways (eating decently/cardiovascular exercise). BMI is just one measure of health, waist circumference is another as it's directly related to abdominal adiposity (i.e. tummy fat) which is related to adverse health outcomes, and according to most protocols it shouldn't be more than ~80cm/31.5" although I think that's based on a Caucasian population. It's also worth noting that "waist" doesn't mean the same as it does at the dressmakers/for lolita - it's NOT the narrowest point on your torso, it's either measured at the iliac crest (top of hip bones) OR the point halfway between your last rib and the iliac crest, so it's likely your 'waist' for the purposes of health risks was bigger than 30".

>> No.7141905

>>7141883
Try being 44.., I'm built like a fucken linebacker.

>> No.7141910

>>7141489
Will do, thanks.

>> No.7141939

(I'm >>7141450 )

>>7141474

I'm currently at 35-28-36. At 36-30-38 my weight was around 68, 69kg. I lead a sedentary lifestyle, apparently I eat a lot. Maybe there's some truth to some people's bones being heavier? idk.

>>7141876

Kind of have a similar story, I took a chance and bought Melty Royal Choco in M size (it's unshirred). I thought I keep it for thinspiration, lo and behold, it fits, although the bust is really tight. I'll agree with you the arms look terrible though, gonna try and get down a bit more, maybe do some pushups and see if I can get them to look better.

>>7141883
Don't some of the L size blouses go up to 38cm shoulder widths?

>>7141904
I'm Asian, actually, so I thought I should be even smaller. From what I could tell, I think he based it mostly on the BMI, which was higher than normal but not actually overweight. The 30in waist is dressmaker's measurement.

30in was a confusing waist size for me. It was hard to find clothes that looked good but not impossible. I've been fatter than that and also thinner than that (due to lifestyle changes, not diet). I mentioned earlier I had relatives that thought I would look better thinner, but also some who thought I was developing an unhealthy fixation on my food/weight. So I went to the doctor and asked him about it. I guess he might have interpreted my questions as whether I needed to lose weight to save my life (ie- whether I was morbidly obese), plus he was probably mindful of whether he'd end up encouraging me down some road to aneroxia, so he gave the all-clear since I wasn't actually overweight at all, just a bit heavy.

Also, he knows I like healthy food and swimming, maybe that helped with the diagnosis.

>> No.7141961

>>7141883
Anon we pretty much have the same measurement's except I'm 5'8. Half of my lolita items are un-shirred, including an old meta op from 2004. I own mainly AATP, Baby Putumayo, H.Naoto and Meta unshirred.
I also have large shoulders, slightly larger than yours and I have had trouble finding blouses as they are either too big or too small. I think I need to try I.W blouses in a size L, I heard they are fantastic.

I'd really like to be 55 kilos though..I actually feel really awful.

>> No.7141962

>>7141341
I'm not doing too much walking in them. More or less throwing on some shoes to go somewhere really quick and come home. Otherwise I wear trainers most of the time for work or exercise. I just can't be bothered to untie, lace them up etc when I'm running out the door really quick. I wore a pair of flats to work one day eons ago, and it killed me.

>>7141450
Apparently for 5'4" a 26"-31" waist is considered healthy. But I think it would also depend on your frame. frame size, torso, etc. If you're short-torsoed and don't have much distance between your ribs and your hips, you can have a lower body fat percentage, but still have a larger measurement than someone at the same weight and height that is built differently. I think it's just based on the average. 140 is fine for 5'4 as well. I'm the same height and my goal is actually 125-130 considering where I'm at now. But I'll likely end up with your measurements or something close to it when I get there. (Except hips, I'm 10lbs heavier and my hips are 37, I have no ass). I'm a medium frame, but short torso and also just generally wide and broad from the front. Not much room between my ribs and hips. So getting a tiny waist isn't really possible for me.

>> No.7142012

>>7141939
I'm >>7141876 and that's right, its the arms particularly that spoil it! My perspective from "must fit without a uniboob" trancended into "so you can wear OPs/short sleeves and UTKs more attractively". Though I doubt I want to start curlbro-ing my arms away, though theres the opportunity to finally have them look firmer, any more mass and I'm rippin' sleeves Arnie style

Overall I'm kinda chuffed that theres so many of us piping up with similar measurements. 5'4'' modal lolita height?
(then while we organise ourselves to maybe lose a couple, just for safety since it's pretty much confirmed we're not actually by definition *overweight*, but bordering? it's so awkward. because as you and another have said, the docs do the very thing where they see us, want to say we kinda are heavy, but try not to scare us and just call us healthy. thats my impression of it anyway, i've also gone and asked about it..)

while we're all here perhaps let us all woe on our too-tall-for-most-brand concern while we're at it D;)

>> No.7142015

>>7141939
Hmm, well strictly speaking your doctor is actually wrong telling you you were "just a bit heavy/not overweight". According to international standards you were overweight at that weight/height whether you use the Asian reference ranges or the Caucasian ones. The WHO guidelines give the cut off for overweight for an Asian population as a BMI of 23.5 - yours was 25.6, so technically overweight in any case.

>> No.7142104

>>7142012
There's certainly a lot of nice and bad things about being this size. A lot of the flaws you mentioned can be hidden with creative dressing, eg- sports bra for uniboobs, long sleeves for fugly arms, tights instead of UTKs. On the other hand, I feel like I'm so close to my ideal body type -- if I can lose just two or three more kilos that would shave off maybe an inch in most places, and then I could fit into most things without resorting to gimmicks or creative dresssing to look good.

Even the height is like that -- Dream Sky is probably too short for me, but everything else seems to fit me just fine, the skirt might be an inch too short but still acceptable for lolita.

>>7142015

He measured my height and weighed me right in his office, then looked up his own chart. So maybe one explanation is that my numbers are a little off from what he measured.

I think it's more likely what >>7141962 said though, he probably saw that I'm quite heavy, or bordering overweight, but since I wasn't actually obese, he chose to tell me there wasn't a real need to diet, rather than tell me I needed to lose weight and face having to deal with possible aneroxia later. I already told him I wanted to go on a diet, I simply wanted to know if I was at risk of anything since I was doing a ketogenic diet, so he probably figured it was the more harmless advice he could give.

>>7141962
Ah okay, this makes sense. I think most of my fat is in my hips and thighs, so that would explain why I'm heavier but look smaller-sized.

>> No.7142373
File: 15 KB, 350x420, cat socks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Goddamn Meta. They re-released these socks and when I skimmed through the newsletter I got my hopes up that there'd be a Melody Cat re-release. I'm still going to get them since I do already own Melody Cat, but I really want the fully shirred skirt and the other JSK version.

>> No.7142629

How often does MM stock items on their site?

>> No.7142655

>>7142629
It varies and I honestly have no idea haha. I'm only replying to say that the best way to get items is on reservation rather than waiting for stock.

>> No.7142682

>>7142655
I figured! Thank you.

>> No.7142729
File: 16 KB, 300x288, tumblr_muhb5gJnkI1syqyomo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy lantern special release, without zippers

>> No.7142739

>>7142729
price?

>> No.7142771

>>7141395
I've used Japonica many times and I've always gone for EMS, only because my purchases are above 20,000 yen usually. Always check your invoice.. they are very detailed about where the costs are going. Sorry you had a bad experience! But at least you get your order within a few days with insurance and tracking.

>> No.7142777

>>7141904
Seriously? A 30" waist isn't skinny but it's not fat, much less dangerous. The standard size for lolita is only a 2-3 inches smaller.

>> No.7142785

>>7142777
this, I thought I was going a little crazy reading that post... "dangerous"? jesus

>> No.7142786

>>7142729
Was this just announced today?
I feel bad for all the people who bought the first batch of Holy Lantern dresses who didn't like the zippers, but settled for it anyway. If they just waited they could have gotten a much nicer version...

>> No.7142919

>>7142629
Replying to say stalk it every day if you want anything from there. Reservation usually sells out real quick too.

>> No.7142928

>>7141905
46 cm here, my bust, waist, hips fit unshirred brand comfortably but all my blouses are either offbrand or shirred in the back. I only own one OP, MM, and it is a little tight in the shoulders but luckily there is enough wiggle room elsewhere for it to not be too uncomfortable. Do you have any OPs with a high neckline/back? Curious to know how they fit in the shoulder area.

Also I hate short sleeved blouses with the elastic cuffs. My arms are only 30cm around and they pinch, I can only imagine how uncomfortable they must be if you're bigger there.

>> No.7142938

>>7142777
>>7142785
"dangerous" in the same way a BMI > 25 is. Associated with a higher risk of poorer health outcomes overall, but not like OMG gonna kill you right now - also, it isn't my opinion, but based on current medical guidelines.

>> No.7142943

>>7141961
Don't feel awful! I DID weigh 57kg and I'm smaller than I was back then in BWH, but my legs and arms aren't the sticks they used to be.

Unshirred, you say? What are the max bust measurements on them? I only own a couple of AP dresses and an IW one.

I love a lot of IW's boleros but their size L is usually 36cm shoulder width and I owned a Baby cardigan that was 35cm and learned my lesson from buying things that are too small from that.

>> No.7142944
File: 31 KB, 285x640, DSCN3005_picnik.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7142938
But a 30" waist doesn't mean that you have a BMI of around 25. Some people just have less of a waist definition and thus have larger waists. Even when I weighed 90 pounds a few years ago, I only managed to get my waist down to 26". Was I fat? No, I just don't have a defined waist. My ribcage and everything else is small, though and with a 29 inch waist now, size medium still hangs off me. It's about proportions and how much fat you have on your body. You need to get your head out of your ass.

See this girl here? I believe she said she has a waist of about 30" and she's not fat at all, much less "at risk".

How big is your waist?

>> No.7142947

>>7142938
>>7142944
Could anyone link me to that website where you list certain measurements and then you get pictures of people with them as a result?

>> No.7142967

Meta is having a sale on socks on their website, just so you all know.

>> No.7142974

>>7142947
Mybodygallery is something like that?

>> No.7142999

>>7142943
Thank you anon, I don't know I've just felt bad about myself for a long time I think but lolita actually makes me feel a bit better, and it's nice to know that my waist measurement is fairly common for lolita. That's surprising that your measurements are actually smaller now than then.

Yes you too can wear unshirred brand ;) The old Meta op is a max bust of 37" I believe, the BTSSB OP has a max bust of 36.5", the AATP jsk is a max bust of 36". The h.naoto cutsew max bust is 38". My I.W dresses have partial shirring.

Oh no that's sad to hear. I haven't tried their boleros or caradigan yet. I feel the same with blouses too, although the I.W M blouses did actually fit just not too comfortably so I think the L blouse might be really good.

>> No.7143011

>>7142967
Thank you so much anon!
Did you order anything?

>> No.7143013

>>7142944
Yes, finally an anon with some sense. I'm ~125 lbs and 5'5" with a 30" waist. Sure, I wish my waist was more defined, but I'm not fat at all.

>> No.7143131
File: 1.14 MB, 1990x2162, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Opinion wanted... I'd like to wear this dress out in a few weeks, but I'm worried about boob loaf. Obviously there's no way around the fact that I'm a busty-chan, but does this look bad?

>> No.7143146

>>7143131
No. That's cute as hell.

>> No.7143171

>>7137031
I'm on my phone right now so I can't see if anyone else replied to this. But I can help you out. Email me

>> No.7143365

>>7143011
I ordered the cat socks and the striped ribbon socks. The sale came at the perfect time, I was considering ordering them for my birthday already.

>> No.7143539

>>7143131
I think the boob loaf is pretty bad, personally. Maybe a wide-waisted belt would help define your waist better to take the focus off the bosom.

>> No.7143732

>>7143131
It's a little bit loafy, but only a little. It also depends on how it looks on the side, though. I think it looks pretty good from this angle considering you have a large bust.

>> No.7143751
File: 68 KB, 610x878, loaf-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7143732

here's an angled shot and a really shitty side profile mirror shot.

thanks for your opinion by the way. I honestly worry even if I lose a bit of weight that I'll still have this problem with this dress.

>> No.7143837

I really want to get the Haenuli Dreaming Cinderella rerelease but wanted to ask about the sizing. Im near the max of size 1 bit im scared size 2 is way too big. What do?

>> No.7143866

>>7143365
That's such a good coincidence.

I got the melody cat socks too (I hope to pair it with Cat Window), and I got the snowflake socks too, as it reminded me of a vintage black snowflake brooch I bought recently, I think I'm going to make a very winter/snow coord some day :)

>> No.7143908

>>7142944
I call bullshit. Unless a girl is really tall there is no reason to have a 30" waist if you're in at least decent shape.

I would know. My waist is 28 inches and I have a gut. My lower waist is 33 inches, which is probably the more important measurement here. Its easy to hide under a big fluffy dress, but don't pretend like 30" isn't even at least chubby, because it fucking is. And I'm 5'6", if you're shorter than me and have a 30" waist you are for sure chubby at the very least.

>> No.7144014

>>7143751
It's a bit more prominent at the side but not too bad. Don't worry, even really thin girls can get boobloaf. What you need to worry about is when it feels like it's stretching the seams out.

>> No.7144015

>>7143908
Did you not read that post? Some people will just be 30" straight up and down which is actually small overall. Just because you're fat doesn't mean everyone else with a 28"+ waist is.

>> No.7144261

>>7144015
>delusional

>> No.7144308

>>7144261
>idiot

>> No.7144514

>>7144308
show me this fabled woman who is 30" straight up and down and doesn't look like she has a gut, let alone look fucking weird with such narrow hips and a gut. it's sad you can't admit you're still fat for your height/bone structure

>> No.7144536

>>7144514
I'm not the anon you were arguing with and I don't even have a 30" waist so idk what you are talking about

Your logic is painfully flawed
>I've never seen it, therefore it can't exist

Sad that you are so obsessed with thinking that a 30in waist is "at risk"

>> No.7147064

>>7134533
This. Spot-on analogy.