[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 94 KB, 399x388, sadfrog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7099819 No.7099819[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/cgl/, what do you do when you just don't have the motivation to work on anything?

I'm an oldfag who's kind of dropped out of the cosplay scene lately, especially online. The last couple of cons I went to all I did was work a booth and hang out. I have all these costumes that I wanted to do and all these materials already bought, but...I just can't muster up the giveafuck to do anything with it.

What do you do when it just doesn't seem fun anymore?

>> No.7099831

When I get burned out working on one specific costume for too long, I set it aside and work on something totally different. Something small, that is just for fun. Usually character hoodies or cozy pjs, or something like that. Something that is zero pressure, and just relaxing, and fun, yet still productive.
Then, once that is finished, I am rested a bit, and recharged enough that I can go back into the costume with renewed focus.

>> No.7099890

>Making a cosplay of an RPG character
>Crying over sewing machines, this is too hard bawww
>Final boss battle music of the game comes on
>MOTIVATION MOTHERFUCKER
>Stick it on loop and sew like a demon

>> No.7099928

>>7099819

I know that feel anon. Had a bad experience with a frustrating costume(which started out great, and then the last bit was murder), which I dropped completely in the end. Even when I feel the urge to start something, it's like the memory of my massive failure comes back, and I just don't want to repeat that shit again, so I give up.

Doesn't stop me from adding shit to my wishlist daily, I need the motivation to pull out my fabric bin and use the shit I've bought as well.

>> No.7099968

>>7099831
>>7099890
I'm having trouble even getting to the point where I even work on anything. I haven't sewn anything or made any props since...May, I think.

>>7099928
I think that might be part of what's holding me back...? My last few costumes have been lackluster at best, and I'm just not motivated to challenge myself or try anything new. It also doesn't help that I'm running out of space to store all my crap, and I don't feel like any of my costumes are well-made enough to try to get rid of via selling but I can't bear the thought of throwing them away.