[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 194 KB, 450x600, tumblr_mpl2u6B0mS1rhi5qso1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7094940 No.7094940[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Can I hear some stories about your comms?

What you love about them? What do you guys normally do? Is it active?

I'm part of the SF community and I absolutely love them. I'm planning on moving to west LA or back home to long island in NY. I was wondering if someone could tell me how those two groups are?

>> No.7094958

The Alabama comm is surprisingly well dressed. I met a couple of the members at a past con, and they looked wonderful. There's the expected few teenagers, but even they seem to actually be trying.

>> No.7094982

I fucking hate the Portland OR comm. I just moved here from Maryland and jesus fuck I've only been to one meet - but the hosts are unorganized as fuck as well as bitches. Brandwhore is re-defined with the admins (bitches) of the group. The majority of the group are fat ass landwhale itas. No joke... Nothing against replicas, I think they're fine, but holy fuck no one other than the admin cunts know how to coord. And God damn they take up so much fucking room because of how fucking fat everyone is, it's disgusting.

>> No.7094992

LA and San Diego are probably the raddest comms I've ever been a part of, if you stay away from certain drama magnets.

>> No.7094999

>>7094982
I think we'd be happy not to have you around anymore, trust me.

>> No.7095005

I'm not sure about West LA in particular, but I've heard good things about LA in general. The Long Island comm is a train wreck, you'd be much better off going it alone if you do move there.

>> No.7095006

>>7094992
Who are the drama magnets if you dont mind me asking?

>> No.7095024
File: 57 KB, 300x401, HNI_0046_JPG.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7094992
I'll be moving to orange county the beginning of November.

I'd like to meet the LA community, and possibly make new friends, so that's good to hear.

I'm really looking forward to it.

>> No.7095057
File: 64 KB, 757x504, Radish_Farm_Child.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> mfw Corpus lolita
> mfw comm is dead

>> No.7095063

>>7094992
>>7095005
Thank you! I don't mind commuting to meets anyways.

What's so awful about the Long Island comm if you don't mind me asking? Are there any other communities in the city?

>> No.7095064

The Louisiana Comm is pretty calm and chill! We're all pretty close knit, and there isn't ever any drama. We're also pretty close with the Houston and Mississippi Lolitas

>> No.7095071
File: 157 KB, 720x960, 1167896_10153201403200436_1581682504_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My comm went ice skating last Saturday. One of our brolitas rocked up in a schoolgirl's uniform.

>> No.7095075

>>7095063
>What's so awful about the Long Island comm
Unseelie Allure, Shadow, Sailor Earth ...

I could go on, but those are the three things that leap to mind and scream in one's face. And I'm not even *from* there.

>> No.7095077

>>7095005
>>7094992
>>7095024

Anyone got links? I understand LA is a pretty big area, so I'd like to know which group is the most stable.

How do meets work exactly? I'm a pretty new lolita, but I would like to meet others in my area and hopefully make friends. What do I talk about with others, and how do I keep people from disliking me from the get go?

>> No.7095086

My comm is alright.

With the summer bringing a ton of new ita girls i'm a bit worried. I doubt they will attend many more meet ups during the school year. (I can hope)

Normally we just hang out. Grab a bite to eat, go for a walk and chat. (Which one girl was to impatient and kept trying to get us to leave before everyone arrived. Augh)

We have meet ups almost every month and are actually having two meet ups this month so i'm pretty excited about it. That is pretty active for me.

I sometimes leave early because i'm..embarrassed by the severe ita's in our group now. I wish they asked for help instead of just winging it.

>> No.7095174

>>7094982
Did that one girl bring her pet cockroach? I'm sure it would've loved foraging for crumbs in those landwhales' pettis.

>> No.7095191

>>7095077

this

>> No.7095231

I posted in a lolita confession thread about how my local comm only goes to the same tea shop, and that prevents me from going to meet ups because it's not wheelchair accessible. People suggested to organise my own meet, so I did. Those bitches used my event page to re-organise it to their favourite tea shop instead. Apparently the place I wanted to go to is not kawaii enough for them. Well fuck. I might try again next year, but honestly the whole thing has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

>> No.7095234

Just curious, why west LA specifically? The LA community and OC community are very tight knit. They even hang out with the SD comm often.

>> No.7095239

>>7095231
That's fucked, anon. You should probably just blow them off and do your own thing.

>> No.7095243

>>7095231
Oh, shit, anon. I remember that secret. I don't suppose you could bring yourself to say, "Excuse me, but if you want to plan your own event, would you kindly do so on another page?"

Was there anyone interested in your event not part of their group? If it's just a few people, you could leave them out entirely.

>> No.7095246

>>7095231
What. What the fuck. Your comm sounds like shit, you don't need assholes like that in your life. We've had accessibility issues with a boyfriend of on of the girls in our community, no one kicked up a stink.

>> No.7095249

>>7095239
>>7095243
>>7095246
Yeah I pretty much don't feel like joining in with them anymore. Although some good did come out of it, and two girls told them to move off the event page if they weren't going. They later contacted me and apologised for everyone's behaviour and asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch with just the two of them, so I'm looking forward to that next week.

>> No.7095252

>>7095249
That's great, anon! I hope you have fun.

>> No.7095257

>>7095231
Why don't you just explain that it's because of the wheelchair access? If you're the one hosting the meet, you should get final say. And if these same girls keep over riding you, just make the event invite only and just don't invite them.

>> No.7095256

SF reporting in. I really love our comm (besides certain people). Sometimes I feel like I miss out on some events, though, because I'm only really close to a few girls, and it might just be a friends-hanging-out thing, but I'd really like to get to know some more people, because there's a lot that seem cool or I admire them or something. But for the friends I have made- seriously they're amazing and I love them to bits.

>> No.7095260

>>7095257
I think in the secret she explained it and they were like, "Well, you can walk with us afterwards."

Nah, man. Fuck them bitches.

>> No.7095266

>attend meet
>there were only 2 photographers: me, and a girl with a DSLR
>everybody flocks to the DSLR loli for photos
>suck at taking own pictures, decided to let DSLR girl take photo for me
>didn't take photos of myself
>3 weeks pass
>DSLR girl does not upload a single photo at all
>no pictures of myself at meet

>> No.7095275

>>7095071
Is that an Australian comm?

>> No.7095279

>>7095252
Thanks! I'm so excited to finally hang out with other lolis.

>>7095257
I did explain to them. I also asked previous meet up organisers if it was possible to go to another place so I could go to the meet, but they always just told me that they weren't going to change their plans (which is fair enough, I wasn't organising those events) and if I wanted to go then they were going to the park afterwards and I could just meet up after they'd eaten. I got so fed up of never getting to go to meet ups, because they were always at the same tea house (only access to the main dining area is up some stairs, no lifts) and anons suggested hosting my own meet so I could make some loli friends. I think a big part of the problem is that they don't know me very well, since I don't go to meets, and they are more comfortable being with people they know.

>> No.7095294

>>7095275

Melbourne. At least he put a coat on before shitting up our group photo.

>> No.7095302

>>7095294
Oh wow I didn't think of it in that way, that would sort of suck, was it at the ice rink in docklands? Also I was hoping to join the Melbourne comm early next year some time, so far I only have 2 bodyline skirts from my trip to japan but have more stuff from mbok on the way at the moment. I also want to do a taobao order for petticoats and blouses before I join. If i do join i at least want to do it right. Is themelbourne comm nice?

>> No.7095306

>>7095294
the horror! D:

>> No.7095313

>>7095302

At the Medibank Icehouse, yeah.

The Melbourne comm's pretty chill and welcoming. Rarely ever any major drama. The mother hens of the group will usually look out for the new girls.

>> No.7095318

>>7095313
Ah that sounds good, it kind of feels dauntingthinking about joining. Just out of intrest what is the age braket of the group, what do you ussually do for meets and general stuff like one. also
>One of our brolitas
is there multiple? not that it really matters it's just kind of interesting.

>> No.7095322

>>7095318

Two brolitas. The other one dresses more sensibly, but smells.

We've been seeing a lot of new lolitas recently, so the ages range from about 16-30. Most of the regulars are 20+.

We're heading into warmer weather, so the next few months will probably feature picnics. We generally do an event (karaoke, high tea, festival, etc) and then follow it up with dinner and dessert. Sometimes we'll just not bother with activities and just crowd out a restaurant for lunch. Basically we usually end up in situations where we can hang out and chat. There's usually one or two events a month outside of summer.

>> No.7095326

>>7095322
that actually sounds really nice, I really look forward when I do get around to joining, but like I said I want to actually do it right. I would hate to rock up to a meet with no petti no appropriate shoes and a k-mart blouse and everyone just be like "Oh great another ita mess lets post her to /cgl/".

>> No.7095336

>>7095313
Does that mean Sinny and Nitty fucked off? Those bitches are so unnecessary.

>> No.7095337

>>7095326

That's fair enough. We don't, as a rule, post member photos on /cgl/, but I felt an exception could be made for our lovely schoolgirl if only for the wtf factor.

Our next two meets are on the 28th of September and 19th of October, so if your stuff arrives soon, do consider attending. Otherwise maybe consider joining the comm and lurking a bit to check us out.

>> No.7095339

>>7095336

Nitty's moved to Canada. Sinny rarely attends meets now.

>> No.7095343
File: 634 KB, 1016x483, flannel.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love my state community! The only people I dislike in it aren't really active anyways, and live outside the capital city to boot, so I don't have to interact with them often. This girl is one of those few people I really can't stand, I know I post this all the time but it really does rustle my jimmies. She's since created a "lolita" Slenderman too. I think it was on secrets a bit back.

I wouldn't even care that she was making newbie mistakes like this if
A. she didn't insist that all her cosplay and lolita was perfect and had more effort and painstaking care put into it than popular cosplayers like Yaya and
B. she didn't take concrit remarkably badly, from anyone who gives it. Friend, stranger, asskisser, anyone who offers any advice on how to improve her look is either brushed off or given stupid excuses for why she can't listen to them, often for no purpose at all. EX: she posts that she has two many wigs, and she needs a new shelf and wig heads (a bloo bloo bloo but no money!!!). Her friends tell her to just store them in bags instead. "Oh but I don't want them crushed, I want them floofy and perfect!" But she wears them straight out of bag, no styling, not even bangs trimmed. It won't crush them. "But I don't have the original bags!" So? Use a ziploc or something. "Oh but then I won't have the hairnets that came with them!" Except those are largely useless so it doesn't matter.

Sorry for ranting, I know I seem super vendetta-chan but trust me when I say I'm not the only one fed up with her shit. I really do love everyone else to pieces, they're sweet girls and I like them beyond the clothes. We party together, hang out, buy each other presents... they're not just my comm, they're my best friends. It's just this one little girl who everyone is hoping gets bored of the fashion and goes back to her shitty clearance remnants from Joann cosplays.

>> No.7095344

Is there a Scottish Lolita comm? I'm just getting into the style.

>> No.7095346

>>7095337
my clothing from mbok will be here but I won't have a petticoat nor shoes so I think it would be better for me to just wait. On the facebook group it was saying about how they only let people who have proof that they wear it join so maybe I should just wait it out a bit.

>> No.7095348

>>7095344

Yes, and they're a lovely bunch too! We have a group on Facebook.

Everybody's very nice and well dressed.

>> No.7095354

>>7095346
If you messaged a moderator and explain that your clothes are still on the way, they may make an exception. They're pretty reasonable.

>> No.7095355

>>7095339
Good, I had to block Sinny for being a crazy bitch on Facebook. But them stirring shit in another state's community over a stupid competition was stupid.

>> No.7095356

>>7095354
Even if i did do that i don't really feel i have the confidence to join before i am happy with at least a small workable wordrobe. Thanks for the advice though it semms like It will be a nice community to join.

>> No.7095521

>>7095077
>>7095191

Also LA anon, the one livejournal community I have found seems inactive (but lj doesn't seem very active period these days). I've heard there's a facebook group, but a search doesn't yield anything for me. Help?

>> No.7095528

>>7094982
What meet up did you attend? All the ones I've went to have been lovely.

>> No.7095527

>>7095344
Join us anon, we're waiting for you.

Unless you're in to irl drama, in which case please leave us alone. We're a peaceful bunch.

>> No.7095548

>>7094940
Can you tell me about the SF comm? I want to go to a meetup, but I'm mildly scared of how close everyone is already.

Also because of the drama around Valkyrie, brolita melissa, and tiferet

>> No.7095571

Ok, I have not really much to do with loli communities except for some friends, but I saw something which surprised me a lot a few weeks ago.

I was in Munich when I saw a lolita group leaving the subway. They all looked fine, but were accompanied by a guy with a badly gelled-back hairstyle, blue jeans and a vest, which kinda looked like a really bad closet cosplay of a butler.
I just hope that this guy was the bf of one of the girls and was with them because of that, or are there actually lolita communities which have boys as members? Because seriously, I could have done a lot better than him with only the stuff I have right now.

In other words, can i hang out with dem lolitas?

>> No.7095576

>>7095571
I have a question for German lolitas in this thread: do you all actually use Dunkensuess? Because that member cap thing is utterly retarded and I was wondering if there's anywhere else to meet other lolitas in Germany.

>> No.7095579

>>7095576
*Dunkelsuess

>> No.7095588

>>7095527
Wow, please link!

>> No.7095615

>>7095588

As >>7095527 said, we're very peaceful and friendly. I don't want to directly link to comm on /cgl/ for obvious reasons, but you can find us on Facebook if you search Scottish Lolitas! Look forward to meeting you if you do decide to join us ~

>> No.7095638

>>7094982
I'm new too, only been to two meets, but for real I've only met like two bigger girls (three if you count me). I admit I looked teerrrrrrrrible last time because all of my stuff is still back home so I made a quick skirt the night before. Theres only two girls that rub me the wrong way and it could totally just be their online attitudes (though the one seems to lack any kind of filter.... Well everyone knows which I mean)

>> No.7095642

>>7095071
That does not look like a uniform so much as a little girl's church dress.... Did they actually straight up put on a little girl's dress? Its entirely too short for comfort, even if on a girl.

>> No.7095646

>>7095075
Ok I used to know a girl from Jersey using the name Sailor Earth. Not lolita but a cosplayer. Possibly same girl?

>> No.7095657

>>7095571
If you have an actual interest in the style, can hold your own in a discussion on brands, and have a good wardrobe that isn't just vaguely dressy, go for it. Try looking into some men's styles like dandy or aristocrat, they are comparable to lolita in using accessories to make a full co-ord rather than just "shirt, pants, vest, done".

>> No.7095678

>>7095528
I'm not OP, but I'm in the SF comm and recently started attending LA meets.

The SF comm is great and very welcoming. Yes a lot of us are older members and are pretty tight, but we always like to meet and include new people. Our meet ups range from super casual, which is our monthly meet up in Japantown and especially if you are new or just visiting it is a great meet up to attend, to 21+ meetups at bars, to checking out festivals and doing other shenanigans in the city and bay area.

Of course because we are so accepting and chill, people like Melissa and Tifferet.....happen. I personally have never experienced any of the drama that goes on with them, except Melissa being awkward and looking down right scary and Tifferet talking my ear off about I don't even know what because I have tuned her out.

We have had issues with people going to meet ups that we have had to kick out/ban because of harassing/stalking members. Because we are so tight, we also got each others back.The big thing recently was Melissa at J-pop and I can understand why some one would be hesitant to go to a meet with him after that. I feel that after that event the community has been keeping a closer eye on him. If he does try and pull anything I feel the community will come down on him.

I have only attended a few LA meet ups, but so far they have been pretty great. I got to meet and talk to new people and had a blast. I'm sure there is drama, but I have yet to experience it.

>> No.7095680

Continued from >>7095678

One of the big differences I have noticed between the two community's if just how chill the SF community is compared to the LA community and I feel that this may be the case for a lot of the community outside of SF. With the stores being so close and accessible it has kind of spoiled us. :P

Like I said our meet ups in SF are pretty casual and the only times we go OTT is for a store tea party or other special events. All of the LA meets that I have attended and seen online are are OTT. They have raffles, giveaways, games, themes, special flyers, buttons, sponsors and lots of people attending. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad about that! This is just the biggest difference I have noticed between the two communities.

Well that ended up being way longer then I intended. lol. I hope this helps!

>> No.7095690

>>7095642
I think that's the 'school dress' from the supermarket, Asda.

>> No.7095702

>>7095690
Not just Asda, but every uniform store and department store/supermarket ever. I guess anon is from somewhere where they don't have these? Since they're so common in the UK and Australia.

>>7095678
SF and LA sound awesome. I want to live stateside and go to huge lolita gatherings!
My comm is lovely and we have a great ethos, but our city is only so big and it's a chore to keep finding things to do.

>> No.7095725

>>7095075
Sailor Earth has "that face" so she bothers me that way and I know she's friends with Shadow, but what's wrong with her, personalitywise?

>> No.7095727

>>7095678
hahahahaha tiffy goes to meetups?

>> No.7095744

>>7095086
NC? Our itas are ridiculous.

>> No.7095746

How is the community in Atlanta?

>> No.7095756
File: 143 KB, 750x440, Untitled-1 copy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>TFW there is no comm around here.

Anybody near southeast PA want to start something?

>> No.7095773

>>7095077
There's just one big LA community, it's not divided into smaller sections (ie downtown, west, whatever).

>> No.7095777

>>7095521
Post on the LJ page and introduce yourself since the FB group is a hidden one that you need to be invited to in order to join!

>> No.7095784

>>7095756
you think that's bad, well it's even worse up here in NEPA.
It's so much worse. I'm dropping my email though since at least we're on the same side of PA.

>> No.7095856

>>7095678
Who's Melissa and what is this delicious drama?

>> No.7095875

>>7095856
He is a really, really bad brolita that smears his makeup on like paint and shoved jsks down around his waist to wear as a skirt. Before Jpop, the only thing he"s done was be creepy and give bad vibes. But he got snubbed by some girls after the fashion show and lashed out, calling someone a whore, and threatened her on FB (like about beating her up)

>> No.7095882

>>7095548
Just ignore the lolcows. People are tight but super welcoming towards new people.

>> No.7095970

>>7095875
And he threatened the last person you would ever want to get in a fight with.
>>7095727
Yes she does, but not very often.

>> No.7095991

>>7095231

What a bunch of fucking CUNTS.
I hope they are reading this.

>> No.7095997

>>7095991
I really know which comm this is so we can all ostracise the fuck out of them. What a bunch of selfish, immature bitches.

>> No.7096001

>>7095997
*really want to know

>> No.7096005

>>7095997
Sounds like somewhere in the UK from her typing style, anyway.

>> No.7096056

>>7096005
Oh good, if I find out who I can bitch the cunts out in person.

>> No.7096127

>>7095997
So do I, so so much.

>> No.7096296

Anybody have any juice on the Houston community?

>> No.7096315

Is there a Windsor comm?

>> No.7096318

>>7095997
This please

>> No.7096324

>>7096296
Also, want to know of any dirt because I'm nervous about joining the comm.

Any people I should look out for? What should I absolutely not do?

>> No.7096356

>>7095744
That could be a lot of communities but you're right.The people who show up to meets are generally OK but there are a bunch of nobodies who are all over the FB comm and they only surface at low rent anime conventions and they're generally helpless at google/shopping. I feel bad for the mods.

>> No.7096426

Does anyone know if there's an Oklahoma comm? I'm pretty new, and I don't know how to find anything... Honestly, it's just an interest at this point because also broke. But anyways, I live out in the boonies, and I'm used to fairly long commutes. I really don't expect there to be one, but... Hope springs eternal, I suppose?

>> No.7096442

>>7096356
I wish they'd stop posting, but at the same time they're pretty funny, both to hear from and to look at. There are a couple in particular that post all the time who just look awful, including one in particular who always gets posted in weeb video threads.

>> No.7096455

>>7096442
Anyone from the Michigan comm? How are meetups? The LJ comm seems to travel really far for meetups.

>> No.7096457

>>7095875
Oh! The brolita who won't take anyone's advice and still looks like a wreck.

>> No.7096462

why are there brolitas? do they get sex? do they get teased and dominated?

>> No.7096482

>>7096455
Don't know why you're asking that anon, but another anon here.
Michigan comm is pretty laidback but very small. Meets are generally in the S.E. as that's where most people are concentrated, though there are one or two lolitas in places like Grand Rapids.
The crowd is so small that it's hard to describe it without just describing certain people.
There were two older lolitas who were both nice and well dressed, but one of them moved away recently. The one who is still here is a bigger girl, but she wears fabulous handmade and is very sweet.
There are a couple of 20ish girls who are decently dressed. There are one or two somewhat poorly dressed girls, but they're mostly newbies and all fairly nice. There is one huge ita who you shouldn't take seriously or be scared by; she never really goes to meets.

You should check out the facebook group, and if you live in the S.E. (Ann Arbor, Howell, Novi, suburbs of Detroit, etc.) please come to a meet sometime!

Our comm could really use a few new members.

>> No.7096488

>>7096455
Also, I know I already wrote a really long response, but w/r/t meetups specifically:

Meetups usually include going to a museum, gardens, or tea shop and hanging out for a bit. There was recently a korean food and karaoke meet up, too.

I found it a bit awkward as a newbie, as most people had a friend or two in the comm and spoke to them most of the time, but I never felt left out or unwelcome.

>> No.7096493

>>7096482
I was thinking about it as I've just moved to a suburb of Detroit. The last meet I saw was in Kzoo and then Ann Arbor. I thought that was pretty far to travel. I'm new to lolita too, so I'm not sure about coming to a meet just yet, but thanks for the info!

>> No.7096506

Are there any comms near Charleston,SC? I only know of one other lolita in the area, and she's one of those lolita 'designers' who makes stuff out of superhero novelty fabric.

>> No.7096509

>>7096493
Ann Arbor is only a 30-50 minute drive, depending on where you live, and considering that our state is so spread out, that's really not that bad. Some lolitas have to drive a couple of hours for meets.
We also have the occasional meetup in Detroit. This July we went to the DIA. I didn't hear about a meet up in Kzoo, but perhaps I was just out of it for a bit.
You shouldn't feel uncomfortable about coming to a meetup, though. I looked stupid as hell at my first meetup, but no one said anything about it. As long as you don't act like a special snowflake ita, you'll be absolutely fine.

There are also quite a few people who live around Detroit, so you could always carpool with them to meets. It's cheaper and eco-friendly.

>> No.7096517

>>7095997
Agreed.

>> No.7096520

>>7095646
Yup. Same girl. Cosplays as a really awful Sailor Saturn?

>>7095725
I'd say being friends with Shadow is probably a big indicator, no? But I'm more talking lolita-wise. She's been into the style for years and years and years, never seems to improve (or even bother trying to improve), but then offers advice to people on newb posts. Of the three listed, she's the least offensive, but still annoying and prominent enough for it to be obvious.

>> No.7096524

>>7096296
>>7096324
Just join. Most of the girls are nice. Some are a little annoying/over-eager, but there's really no drama any more. There was a bit over the Anime Matsuri tea party like. Two years ago? But it has since settled down.

>> No.7096532

>>7096509
Ann Arbor isn't an easy drive from where I am and I'm a relatively new driver. Going south is easier then going west for me. And I thought I saw something about a meet in Kzoo, maybe I just misread...
Well I don't want to look terribly ita at my first meetup, but I'm afraid I will. And I've been lurking cgl long enough to know that I'm no special snowflake. I'm just really really shy.
But carpooling would probably be a good idea.

>> No.7096535

Is the Florida comm nice? And if there are multiple, is there one specifically for Tampa/Saint Petersburg?

A lot of my family is moving down there, and I'm unsure if I'll be moving with them. If I do move with them, that would be the area I would be in. Even if I don't move there, I'd likely end up going down there for long vacations to see my family, so it would be cool to maybe attend a meetup if the comm is nice enough to let me!

>> No.7096539

>>7096532
You probably will look fine. If you're worried, join the FB comm and maybe post your first coord for concrit. No one is going to be mean.
Waiting is not a bad idea, either, so long as you don't keep on waiting out of fear.
Our comm is pretty much drama and cruelty free.

>> No.7096544

>>7095702
>>7095690
Ah yeah we don't have Asda. So there's like a iniform you can just go to a retailer and buy? Few schools here use uniforms and usually you have to order them through a catalog the individual school provides, so its pretty rare to see. Mostly religious schools. Most in my area just say "buy a blue polo and khakis" due to most families being too poor now.

>> No.7096548

>>7096539
Okay, I might do that. Are any planning to go to Youmacon? I plan to go, and it would be nice to meet some of the members beforehand.
Your comm does sound quite nice, thanks so much for letting me know. :)

>> No.7096562

>>7096520
I dunno. It was years ago. And she was one of the few cosplayers who behaved like a normal person at the small local contests we did, so its kinda surprising to hear she's gone on to lolita and drama mongering.

For real though this was like 2008 that I last saw her so who knows.

>> No.7096618

>>7095680
I think a lot of our meets seem "ott" because a lot of us are pretty spread out all over the place, geographically speaking. I usually have to travel about 45 minutes to an hour to get to a meet, so unless its something that is kind of ott, I try to just conserve gas. I imagine its the same for a few of the others.

>> No.7096629

>>7096548
I do plan to go to Youmacon, but I will probably only be there for a day or, at max, two. If two, I'll be in lolita for one of the days. If not, I'll just be cosplaying.
A number of girls are going, though.

>> No.7096654

>>7096520
Actually... Shadow is president of the fashion club at the local community college here. He is still a trainwreck but the difference is now he has a million fat girl followers.

>> No.7096678

>>7096629
Cool, thanks. I'd love to meet up with some of you. I'll be cosplaying as well.

>> No.7096692

My comm is pretty nice and everyone keeps improving every time that I see them. However, I just joined in February so I mostly went to summer meetups.
>tfw you won't be sweating through your blouse in the fall

>> No.7096694
File: 81 KB, 121x381, Screen shot 2013-07-14 at 5.02.23 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I really wish I could join the chicago lolita community...

>> No.7096705

>>7096694
Why don't you join? Because there's always drama there?

>> No.7096720

>>7096356
>>7096442
Aaand another "where i canbuy ~affordable loli plz" post. Better than on the main comm I guess, but does it never occur to these people to just look?

>> No.7096724

>>7096654
that's ridiculously funny, do you have pictures?

>> No.7096726

what about Dallas. I'm worried about joining? Are there any mean girls or super elitist group

>> No.7096738

>>7096426
There was one (mostly in the OKC area, but had no problems traveling across the state), but we haven't had much activity in a very long time. Still, there's a Facebook group that gets some use. Look up okclolitas.

I remember one starting up in the Tulsa area, but have no idea if it's still active.

>> No.7096741

>>7096694
they're all boring old ladies anyway

>> No.7096755

>>7096726
probably, it is dallas.

>> No.7096764

>>7096705
i'm too nervous to... i'll be younger than most of them... plus I heard that it was pretty hard to actually join it...
>tfw I sound so fucking beta

>> No.7096767

>>7096755
>probably

Not good enough.

>> No.7096770

>>7096726
It's been a while since I was there so there may be new people, but when I visited, they were always super nice and very welcoming. Their group is the Metroplex Lolitas on Facebook and LJ (I think, this may have changed).

>> No.7096772

>>7096654
>now he has a million fat girl followers.
Wtf. How? Awful dress sense aside, he was such a fucking creep.

>> No.7096773

>>7096524
Aw, come on, not even a little drama?

Not even something like "Oh, this person doesn't like so-and-so because they smell bad."?

I refuse to believe that there is a comm without drama.

>> No.7096777

>>7096773
If there is, they keep it tightly under wraps. The last little outburst over the AM tea party bullshit sent a handful of girls running away crying (admittedly, at least one of them was the source of the drama bomb and it's her own damn fault).

>> No.7096778

>>7096738
Thanks! I'm trying to join anonymously because I don't want my friends to think I'm a weeb, and also again, no money. What kind of people are there/still active-ish?

>> No.7096780
File: 1.16 MB, 1200x848, 1350760968491.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7096764
You message one of the admins to tell them you live in the area and then request to join the group. A.W. seems like the head mod.

>> No.7096783

>>7096777
What happened?

>> No.7096801

>>7096783
Forgive me if I get details wrong, it has been a while since it happened, but couple of newer members of the community were in charge of door check for the tea party (making sure cosplayers didn't crash the party, everyone had their ticket, and was appropriately dressed in lolita or "smart" attire). They told one girl she couldn't enter because her shoulders were bare, put a mis-matched cardigan on her borrowed from someone else, and apparently were rather rude to a few other less than amazingly dressed guests who were still within dresscode.

There was a rumor that they made one girl cry they were so rude, but the victim never actually came forward about it, so it was all just "I heard" and "I saw" reports. When it got posted to /cgl/ and BTB, they got upset and defensive, and claimed they were just doing their jobs, which made everything worse. The rest of the community threw them under the bus, ripped a few other members apart for being associated with them (and for unrelated drama) and at least one of the girls "QUIT LOLITA FOR GOOD!", then ran off to do steampunk.

Since then, it's been dead quiet.

>> No.7096816

>>7096801
Oh, wait, I think I may have seen something like that on here.

Well, thanks for sharing. Hopefully this is the only real drama that there is. Otherwise, you guys can expect a new member soon! At least, you can whenever I gather up the nerve (and/or money).

>> No.7096923

>>7096780
there is no head mod. You can message any of them im pretty sure. Not that they will ever get back to you why dont you try the lj page?

>> No.7097088

>>7096618
I can understand that. Especially with driving in LA. :P

The SF community is spread out too. A lot of members are in San Jose which is about an hour away from SF. We also have members in the East Bay and Sacramento. I would say that some of the members that live farther away only go to the bigger events, but their are quite a few there Lolita's that travel to attend the casual meets too. That being said the bay area is easier to get around then in LA so people may be for inclined to travel to a meet even if it isn't as big of a deal. We also have smaller meetups in are local areas, they aren't all in the SF and people sometimes travel to get to those too.

>> No.7097202
File: 453 KB, 750x641, 16jiu76.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

milwaukee comm represent
yall comin to my apartment to eat food next month
which kinds of tea should i buy?

>> No.7097237

>>7095024
>Orange county
Howdy Neighbor.

I recently joined up with the Orange County community. I haven't had a chance to attend a meetup yet. But they have regular monthly meetups planned. Usually over in the Irvine area.

>> No.7097248

>>7097237
A fellow Orange County anon! I've been debating whether or not to join the Orange County comm. I know you haven't been to a meet yet, but do they seem cool? Like friendly and all that? I'm pretty nervous about it and I'd really like to make some friends who like lolita since I have none.

>> No.7097254

>>7097237
OC has some really nice girls. OC meets are usually pretty chill with more opulent meets happening in LA or San Diego. It is a great place to loli- there is a sweet local group as well as easy access to the San Diego and Los Angeles events.

>> No.7097318
File: 201 KB, 400x307, Axolotl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Leeds Loli reporting in
My comm is great. All super friendly, well dressed and chill to hangout with. We don't have drama to date. Regular meet ups, pub outings and lots of craft days. Definitely the best UK comm to be apart of.

>> No.7097324

>>7097248
Chatting through the facebook group, they seem nice enough, and at least one girl was willing to ride the bus together to the Orange County Fair meetup. If things hadn't came up, I would have attended the meetup. Hopefully if I can't make it to this month's meetup, i can make it to October's. Also there's a lolita day at Disneyland planned in October 13th, so it'd be a good chance to meet people. I probably won't be able to go since you know, it's kind of pricey and my husband and I are planning to go on a different day with friends coming from out of town.

>> No.7097327

>>7097248
and also I'm looking to make some local loli friends too. I've been kind of stuck at home as of late, and the one friend I had who was into loli moved to Boston. So I kind of want to make some loli friends, especially ones that could help me improve my wardrobe and coords. I'm pretty loli noobie.

>> No.7097331

>>7095744
No actually.
I am waiting to see what will happen with the next meet ups since one girl basically outed them saying. 'I get so much second hand embarrassment I leave early a lot now. (I usually leave after her.) If you have any questions or doubts PLEASE post them we want to help you progress and become closer as a community.' or some crap like that.
Haven't had much activity from any of the people on the facebook front so it's a waiting game.

>> No.7097382

>>7097324
>>7097327
Thanks for replying to me. They sound pretty nice! I got all excited about the Disneyland meet just to realize I'm doing the CHOC Walk in the Park the same day. No way I can work both events into one day. I'm a newbie too, still working up a wardrobe. It's good to actually talk to someone from that comm. It makes my decision on joining a lot easier. Thank you!

>> No.7097509

>>7097331
Where did somebody say that?

>> No.7098046

The girls in my comm seem really nice but I don't get to see them often. I haven't been to many meets since the comm only ever goes to the same place which is pretty hard for me to get to. I just wish there was more variety in meet up locations. I know I could always make my own meet ups but I'm afraid no one would come since I'm not very active and not many people know me.

>> No.7098099

All the active members in my comm have been friends for a long time. As someone outside of their friend circle, it feels a little distancing if I try to give my input about plans and such. It sometimes feels like priority is given to their ideas or schedules (some of them work a lot and "never have a day off" which means the whole comm shouldn't meet just because one person can't make it). Strangely, I'm also in the minority with being a sweet lover. I never know what to talk about with them. We have one major ita who has been there longer than me. Something seems off about her. The first time I met her, she was wearing her omg cawaii rori gothic punk satin creation!111! I think she lives farther away now, so at least I won't have to see her in person. We get the occasional newcomer who asks for rides (even when the live over the state's border) to meets or introduce themselves and then disappear/never log into FB again.

>> No.7098243

>>7097202
Teavanna? Or spend that money on burando instead...

>> No.7098245

The Missouri comm is super nice. I enjoy meets with them, although there are a few itas in the group, but everyone is pretty nice about it. There hasn't really been much drama other than a few stray secrets (there was one on btb last week that was a joke secret actually). The more active members are super nice too. It's still a growing comm, and around November we might have our 1.5th year anniversary meet (because we missed the anniversary, oops).

>> No.7098603

>>7096778
Mostly college/post-college-age ladies. Very friendly and helpful. Any drama is minimal (hell, I'm not even sure if there IS drama anymore, with the lack of activity) and kept off the FB group. The FB is a closed group, so you don't have to worry about your friends seeing your posts.

Go ahead and give it a shot. If it gets enough of a boost people might want to do meetups again.

>> No.7098662

Im really sick of the socially awkward itas in our comm. The point of a meet is to socialize with each other, not sit on your 3DS or phone the entire time. Im also really annoyed at a few for explaining to me their life story or the self diagnosed illnesses or recent injuries that they had received every god damn meet.

Other than that... everything seems to be ok. No drama other than one girl "quitting" after a secret got posted about her. No one even mentioned it being posted, which was hilarious. We all meet up once or twice a month.

>> No.7098663

>>7095746
You'll never know, because girls in the ATL comm aren't allowed on /cgl apparently.
Its pretty big though.

>> No.7098684

>>7098663
Okay, well now you've piqued my interest.

>> No.7099102 [DELETED] 
File: 106 KB, 480x640, 1370834655797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know of any good French communities? I don't really know where to lurk when it comes to my own country, and I've been feeling even more out of touch to since Angelic Pretty Paris closed down.

>> No.7099107
File: 153 KB, 595x842, 1370833623970.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know of any good French communities? I don't really know where to lurk when it comes to my own country, and I've been feeling even more out of touch since Angelic Pretty Paris closed down.

>> No.7099111

>>7097202
chicago loli here and you guys are sweeties. pls get some green tea kthx
if i can get work off/a place to crash coming to your house would be awesome. i have yet to come to milwaukee for a meet so it would be nice!

>> No.7099114

>>7096764
dude its fine, even if youre younger than us it's cool as long as youre nice. just message the mods on facebook or on livejournal and they can add you.

>> No.7099151

>>7099107
Fellow French lolita here. I have the same problem. I used to read Le Boudoir but it's completely dead. Every French lolita seems to just use Facebook, Ask.fm and the like. But they're so obnoxious.

>> No.7099206

Are there any Facebook groups, LJ communities or generally other places for /cgl/ lolitas to keep in touch?

>> No.7099279

>>7098662
I see your comm has faerydragonet.

>> No.7099393

>>7097318
> Pub outings and craft days

That sounds super fun.

I'm about to move to London. I've heard nothing but good things about the comm there, can anyone confirm? I'm excited to be able to finally go to meet-ups, especially now that I have some nicer clothes, haha.

>> No.7099440

>>7099393
London comm is well dressed and normal, I wish meet ups were more regular though
Depending on when you are moving to London there will be a meet next Saturday. Are you moving for uni?

>> No.7099485

>>7099440
Yeah, but not until around the 25th. My uni doesn't start properly 'til the 7th of October, and I won't be going home during the holidays. Would I be able to just organize a little meet myself? Nothing big, just something like tea to meet a few people. Does the comm meet at Expo?

>> No.7099494

>>7099485
I'm not a London-based lolita, but I do travel to London and I will be going to expo. If you want to give me a throwaway email or something then we could keep in contact?

>> No.7099509

>>7099494
Email in field. Yeah, that would be cool. It's likely I'll have friends staying, since Expo is also going to be my housewarming party (I'm moving to Docklands), but it would be really awesome to meet some new people too!

>> No.7099525

>>7099485
Oh nice! Yes you'd definitely be able to organise a meet and people would come so don't worry - I don't go to expo but I know there's probably going to be a meet on the evening of the 26th at the Prince Charles Cinema
The London comm are generally quite mature with the majority of members 18+ so you'll probably be able to find someone at the same university as you too

>> No.7099533

>>7097318
You all seem like really good friends! It's making me a bit nervous to come along as I can't make the newbie friending meet (actually in Nottingham, but it's not too far to travel).

>> No.7099536

>>7099525
Haha, good. I was mostly worried that I'd suggest something and nobody would go because they didn't know me. My uni only has 800 students, so I'm not expecting to find anyone who goes there, but then it's a drama school so at the same time I wouldn't be surprised. If I have moved in by then and I'm feeling up to it, I'll definitely try and come to the cinema meet!

>> No.7099608

>>7097318
My comm can beat that. Craft meets at a pub. Plus it was a private room with waiter service.

>> No.7099703

>>7099533
Don't be nervous Nottingham-chan! Axoleedsls are fun peepsls.

>> No.7099712

>>7099111
you can stay in my apt I have a futon~ p such you know who I am and vice versa
do you have specific green teas that you like? i love green tea but im cheap and i end up just getting whatevers on sale at the grocery store.

>>7098243
I was expecting it to be expensive but it's like 10-20 dollars lol

>> No.7099743

Which are the best comms that aren't specific to a certain city or country?

>> No.7099797

>>7099533
as my fellow Axoleedsl says we are all super welcoming. We are all good mates but we don't alienate new folks. Come along to a meet it would be great to meet you.

>> No.7099834

>>7099703
>>7099797
Okay! I really love the way you have themes for meets as well, it's a lot more imaginative than some of the other comms I'm in.

>> No.7099844

>>7095548
I feel the same way! I've been part of the Facebook group for close to a year, but I'm kind of worried cause I have no buddies to join in. I will have to interact with everyone new! D:
I guess it's good practice but I'm a shy penguin.

>>7095678
I'm not the person you replied to, but I also am in SF area and would love to join in :)
I competed in the JPop Summit contest back last year, and some people seemed kinda intimidating but generally it looked like a fun group!~

It would be fun to make some lolita friends, since none of my cosplay buddies are into it.

>>7095875
Whoa wha? I always saw him in the meet up pics.

>> No.7099867

>>7099844
which theme?- I'm wondering who you are because I'm also a SF girl who is living in LA now.

>> No.7100003

>>7095678
Are plus size lolitas snubbed in the SF comm? I think I coord well, but I'm still worried about not being able to make friends.

>> No.7100054

>>7099743
I'm a fan of the Russian lolis, personally. They always look amazing and a lot of them have some serious sewing talent.

>> No.7100075

>>7096726
I can't attend meetups too often, but I've been a member for a few years now and I've never run into anyone mean or elitist. I think the comm is very welcoming, even if you don't have a lot to wear.

>> No.7100077

Can anyone tell me about the Seattle-area comm? I've been a lone lolita for a while but have been lately thinking of going to meets.

>> No.7100166

>>7100003
There are several plus sized girls here in SF who co-ordinate well and are very much accepted! As long as you are friendly and co-ordinate well you should be accepted readily. Overall the community is very accepting to pretty much anyone who dresses in lolita fashion!

>> No.7100273

>>7100077
It's a good one. It's low on the drama and everyone is super welcoming. There's been a few groups that have branched off, but nothing like a divide, just a way for people to have more intimate meets with friends. There's a swap meet coming up that will be relaxed with high attendance. Good way to come and jump in, or hide and sneak away without being noticed if you don't feel comfortable. Just be sure to fill out an application if you choose to join.

>> No.7100278

>>7099867
Ah, it was the Merry Unbirthday/Alice theme :)

>> No.7100302

>>7100003
Not at all. We don't snub anyone unless you harass other members.

>> No.7100354

>>7100273
I'll check that out, thanks for the info!

>> No.7100368

>>7096535
Tampa and the Orlando area share a community. Our community is very friendly, open to new members, and pretty active. We tend to have at least 1 meet a month, if not two. Look for us on Facebook if you haven't already, we're Central Florida Lolita Society.

>> No.7100373

>>7100368
Do you guys ever go to Disney? I'm a Florida lolita with an annual pass, and I'd to walk around Magic Kingdom or Epcot with other lolitas.

>> No.7100429

>>7100373
Yep we do but not too often, maybe twice a year. We had a Disney meet at Magic Kingdom last month.

>> No.7100479

Pay no attention to the previous posts about the Houston comm. 95% of them are bitch elitists who pretend to be oh so sweet only to tear each other apart when it benefits them. The drama is so fucking insane with people impersonating other to screw things up, dead animals, a weirdo vampire dude, biased mods who treat people unfairly and an all around bad vibe. Strangely it's the newer members who are the nicest and the ones who are the best to befriend. The old fags suck.
TL;DR Houston comm sucks ass

>> No.7100484

>>7100479
How the fuck is this all kept quiet? I haven't heard any of this in previous threads.

>> No.7100502

>>7100484
They try to keep members silent about our shit. It's to figure out who's posting what. From there they attack each other via text, email, secrets, etc ... The best way to survive is to say nothing at all and to never trust anyone. They seem sweet when everyone's at a meet sipping their shitty but the moment the meet's over all the gossip starts back up.

>> No.7100519

>>7098046

This sounds like my comm. They meet at the same curry place all the time.

>> No.7100524

>>7100502
That's contradictory though. If they love drama and backstabbing, you'd think they'd be all over it here where they're anonymous rather than trying to hide it.

>> No.7100551

>>7100524
Here's the deal: Not everyone is privvy to all information or gossip. It's pretty easy to figure out who's posting based on the information given out Ex: Derp told Derp2 and Derp3 about something. They post it here. Derp knows it's one of them and catfight ensues while the "private information" becomes known to all leaving the original 3 in a bad situation. Not only are they at odds with each other, Derp's secret is out and everyone now knows that Derp2 and 3 are not to be trusted.

>> No.7100564

>>7100519
But curry is nice

>> No.7100606

SF-wannabe here.
I'm scared to come back to my local comm because the first time I was able to make it out to the meetup, I brought along two "friends" for support who, five minutes in, claimed panic attacks and made me leave with them.

I'm terrified the comm thinks poorly of me showing up and then leaving..

>> No.7100667

>>7096509
Is there a facebook page for this comm? I'm very new to the whole scene, but Ann Arbor isn't too far a drive for me.

>> No.7100703

>>7100667
There is. It's a closed group, but if you ask to join and i) appear to be human and ii) don't look super creepy, you'll be approved.
Search michigan frill-itia

>> No.7100833

>>7100606
I doubt anyone remembers since we have so many meetups and so many members.

>> No.7100865

>>7100479
I've only met member of HLC at cons and stuff, but they've all been nice to me. I'm inclined to believe you are full of shit

>> No.7100896

>>7100865
Believe what you will. You've met members and not all of them are awful. It is possible to have a good time. Just keep your mouth shut about and personal business you'd rather not share with the world. Simply put: Don't trust anyone. There are plenty of girls who you could probably trust with very minor things but just be careful. I'm not going to force you to believe anything I'm saying. Just be careful. It's a sickening to see them treat each other how they do and I don't really want to see anyone else dragged into their shit.

>> No.7100980

>>7100896
I like that you keep making such outrageous generic claims without anything to back it up. You could say that same thing about any comm its so generic. Come back with actual information or stop spewing your crap.

>> No.7100985

does anyone else find it difficult to make friends in communities?
i mean, i'm not exactly a shy person, I like to talk to people, but sometimes the girls in my community are a little cold. They're all already very close and i feel like an outsider at meetups.
and it's not like i'm a beginner, i've been to a whole slew of events. i just feel like every time i go, i get stuck trying to make conversation with girls who are genuinely not interested in talking to me.

i'm not offensive. i just want to make a few friends and feel like i belong.

>> No.7100989

>>7100985
me again, remembering i'm part of the chicago comm.

nevermind. lol

>> No.7100990

>>7100985
I feel you. I thought it would be easier since my comm is really small, but if anything, it made it more difficult. When I showed up to my first meet, only one or two people even acknowledged that I had arrived or that I was new, and no one besides the girl I came with asked me anything about myself or lolita, really. One of the other girls talked with me about the meet up itself and was really nice, but most of them (so the other 7 or so) just talked to the friend with whom they had come.
One girl even got really weird when I complimented her on and asked her about a part of her outfit.
I'm kind of worried that I will never make a friend in my comm, as the only girl I ever really talk to is a bit older than me and lives a ways away.

>> No.7100995

>>7100990
i posted 7100985
mind if i ask what area you're from?

>> No.7101008

Honestly, the Houston comm just seems like it's full of a bunch of immature babies to me, not so much evil backstabbing bitches. They're all over the dicks of anyone they think can get them more e-fame or lolita cred, and the younger girls are constantly fishing for compliments and affirmation, but other than that they're nothing special.

>> No.7101011

>>7100990
>One girl even got really weird when I complimented her on and asked her about a part of her outfit.
Back when I tried to be part of my local comm, I noticed that every time I did this, I got really weird responses.

Not sure if this is particular to this community, but anyone else feels weird about talking anything lolita in a lolita meet-up? I always get weird stares and people act like commenting on people's outfits is wrong.

>> No.7101016

>>7097318
Pub outings? Sounds like I need to go to a Leeds meet then. My local comm all seem to be anti alcohol for some odd reason...

>> No.7101019

>>7100995
I don't want to be more specific than say somewhere in the US, sorry.

>>7101011
I really don't get it, especially when someone is complimenting you. From the stories I've read of girls being incredibly happy when they see anons wearing their favorite prints, I thought there'd be more lolita to meets than just wearing it.
I'd really enjoy having someone to talk to about it IRL than my boyfriend, who is more interested in dramu, or my roommate, who appreciates my pretty clothing but doesn't know or care to learn anything about the fashion.

>> No.7101021

>>7101019
to say*

>> No.7101025

>>7101011
>>7101019
Yeah, no, that's not normal. Every meet I've been to included LOTS of talking about favorite prints, famous lolitas, taobao, Mr. Yan, etc. Either everyone in your comm is a defensive weirdo, or you guys are just aspies who don't know how to hold conversations with people. If you blurt something out without tying it into what everyone else is talking about then, yeah, people are going to give you strange looks and not want to talk to you.

>> No.7101035

>>7101025
I didn't do either of those things. I am somewhat socially awkward, but I was by far one of the less socially awkward/incapable people there.
And while we did discuss one of AP's new releases a bit, it wasn't anything like what I expected.

>> No.7101089

>>7101011
I get really weird when I get complimented on a dress. I've always been bad about it, but when it's lolita, it's like, "I don't know how to respond because it's not like I made the thing and I think it's really pretty, too, so do I say thank you because I don't want to seem too proud...." and it goes on. I mentally freak out if someone compliments me on looks, too, and forget to give a compliment back. Sorry! Some of us are just nervous.

>> No.7101102

>>7101089
>"I don't know how to respond because it's not like I made the thing and I think it's really pretty, too, so do I say thank you because I don't want to seem too proud."

Haha, I think that way too.

It's a little social idiosyncrasy we have, such as saying "sorry" a lot. I picked up something useful from an acting class and that is to repeat what you're saying (fundamental part of the Meisner technique). Whenever someone says something like, "Your dress is pretty.", I'd say. "It is a pretty dress (or "I think it's pretty too or "You think it's pretty?")." Most people would be taken aback since they're not used to that sort of response, and so I'll continue the small talk with where I got it from.

>> No.7101122

>>7100368
>>7100373
>>7100429
This is >>7096535 here! I'll be sure to check that out (maybe when it's a little closer to moving time though). Also, going to Disney or Epcot for a meet sounds pretty fucking awesome.

>> No.7101242

>>7101008
>They're all over the dicks of anyone they think can get them more e-fame or lolita cred
Who is even e-famous in Houston? All I can think of is GLW.

>> No.7101249

>>7101242
Nobody, really. That's the point.

>> No.7101267

>>7101102
>>7101089
I didn't know how to take compliments for the longest time, but you really just need to learn how to stammer out "thanks" with a smile, at least if you live in the west.

Also, I was one of the anons who had a girl react weirdly. It wasn't so much that she seemed not to know how to handle the compliment as that she was weirded out that I was talking to her or asking her anything at all.
She also spent the entire meet off with her friend who wasn't dressed in lolita. I don't know, it bothered me, because I genuinely liked her coord and considering that we seem to have similar interests and study something similar, I thought we could have at least talked if not been friends.

More on topic:
How is the Vancouver comm? My boyfriend is trying to get an internship or job there next year, and the way things are going, I will probably want to move with him.

>> No.7101320

>>7100980
Feeling defensive? I don't feel the need to spread specific information. I'm just getting the word out so people know to be wary. I'm not going to stop you from joining or harrass you or shit like that.

>> No.7101343

>>7100564

Yes, but not for every single meetup.

>> No.7101346

>>7095024
All of the SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA groups on facebook.
/groups/OCLolitas/
LA /groups/183171141698581/
SD groups/151080931608648/
Beach Cities groups/222590884533029/

>> No.7101419

>>7101346
I always felt that I was missing a group but I'm glad that I have added everyone, thanks for confirming this for me.

>> No.7101460

>>7101242
Well there's Butt-cape who seems fairly well known.

>> No.7101462

>>7101320

>> I don't feel the need to spread specific information.

i.em there is no specific information and you are full of shit.

>> No.7101527

>>7100989
>>7100985
Go to the picnic meetup! All the ladies attending are cool.

>> No.7101564

Can anybody tell me about the Ontario/GTA lolita comm? I just recently moved to Oshawa and would like to participate more in the community, but I don't really know that much about them? I've been wearing lolita casually for a couple years and have attended a coule tea parties hosted at AN, but other than that I'm not sure who I should look out for, or any drama sort of things?

Also, any girls attending Ochibacon in a couple weeks? My friend and I are tabling there with some accessories and the like. I'd like to get to know some of the locals, since I'm entirely new to the area.

>> No.7101577

>>7101564
If you have been to AN tea party then you pretty much have met most of the regulars of the comm as events like the must go stuff. I dont really think there is a lot to say, the only real drama is years old now (not really even relevant), and the only real notable person would be Cadney because of her efame.

>>7101267
I heard that it was okay, just a bit hard to get 'in' the comm itself as they come off a bit clique.

>> No.7101603

>>7100985
>>7100989
Stop wasting your time talking to the people that are unresponsive to you and spend more time talking to the ones who are. Same comm, that's what I do. Just some of those girls are a lost cause. You can't be friends with everybody.

>> No.7101613

>>7101527
hell to the no on the peasant's picnic.

>>7101603
true. i know i can't be friends with everyone. there are a lot of people i'm sure who would find me crass and impolite...so i guess what i'm saying is i wish there were more lolitas in the chicago com who would be interested in pub crawls or road trips or crazy shit. or lolitas who have their motorcycle licenses and smoke cigarettes like i do.

>> No.7101763

>>7100606
Oh I remember! Don't worry its not bad that I remember! I was thinking it sucked you didn't get the chance to hang out with everyone. Sorry your friends where being party poopers. I have been in that situation many times and it defiantly is not fun. :P Please try to go to a meet up again.

>> No.7101779

>>7095006
Not sure about LA (people love to hate Lor, but I'm not local so there's probably more) but in San Diego there's at least one chick who used to cause a lot of drama, but has calmed down a lot in the last year. She fancies herself a model and a fashion blogger, but is pretty mediocre. She hasn't caused any drama recently, but people still tend to tiptoe around her, just in case.

>> No.7101783

>>7095077
There's the main LA comm, the SD comm, and then a couple of small offshoot comms for Orange County and Beach Cities. Everything is done on Facebook now, the LJs are basically dead other than to redirect people to Facebook. San Diego has a public fan page, if you message them they can get you into the SD and LA communities, or you can post in the LA EGL and someone will eventually notice and direct you to the Facebook page.

As for meets, the communities will post events usually a couple of weeks in advance (sometimes even further, if it's for a holiday) and then you just dress up and show up!

I'm from SD, but I go to the LA meets a lot, and there's a lot of overlap between the groups. In SD, because so many of us are friends outside of Lolita as well, it can sometimes come across as clique-ish, but we're all really friendly, I promise.

>> No.7101785

Man I feel weird. I've joined a few of the SF meets but they really weren't as friendly as everyone is claiming to be on here... Makes me wonder if I'm the problem or I went to the wrong meets.

The girls are fine and for the most part well dressed. There's a nice mix of sweet, gothic, and classic. I've only seen two OTT sweet lolitas so I don't know if they're just not a huge thing here?

I kept hearing so many good things about the SF comm that I took time off of work to go to the meets. I live about 45 min away.

The girls really didn't say hi to me when I first met them in person. I said hello, introduced myself, and only a few responded back warmly (oh you posted on FB, I'm glad you could make it, etc). It's very cliqueish and hard to be a part of if you're not part of the group. I tried to talk to everyone but it wasn't as pleasant as I thought it would be :/ I thought I connected with a few but they forgot who I was when I came to another meet two months later - talk about awkward when you run up to them all cheery and they have no idea who the fuck you are

I don't know. I guess I can see them being great and awesome if you're from the inside. But when you're on the outside, it's not fun at all

>> No.7101789

>>7095521
You can also find the public San Diego Lolitas fan page on Facebook, they can also invite you to LA or SD groups.

>> No.7101795

>>7099279
I thought the same thing, too... And unasked advice about fucking everything.

>> No.7101809
File: 100 KB, 421x626, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7096724
I haven't taken any recently. I'm not sneaky enough. But the club Facebook page is... interesting.

>>7096772
I guess girls buy it when he insists he's got asperger's/autism/retardation/whatever. Oh, he doesn't MEAN to be an egotistical creep, really!!

>> No.7101826

Is there a Lolita community in Las Vegas? I may be going with my boyfriend to stay/visit there for 2 weeks and was wondering what the Lolitas there are like (if there's any at all).

>> No.7101844

>>7101785
Yeah, our comm is so big that it does get hard to remember who's been at what meet, etc. If you just remind them- "Hey, good to see you again! I saw you at ___ meet, right?" they'll usually remember. You can also maybe contact them online and see if they want to become better friends? I've met maybe three or four people I hang out with at meets on a normal basis, and while there are others who I am friendly with, it's more of like acquaintances.

Out of curiosity, what meets did you go to? I usually find it easier to talk to people at small meets. Big ones just turn into circles of friends talking about stuff I don't know about.

Also- if you live elsewhere in the Bay, there's the possibility that there are lolitas there you can make friends with. I'm in San Jose, and there's a good number of us here, so South Bay meets are a thing. And I know one girl holds meets in San Mateo.

>> No.7101859

>>7101785
I kind of felt the same way like you when I first tried to join the comm. It's big, and at a big meet, it's impossible to talk to everyone. A lot of the people in the comm also hang out outside of the comm, so they are definitely quite close. I still feel like I am on the outside sometimes, but I just try to make new friends at every meet. I figured eventually, after seeing each other enough times, they'll start recognizing me and know my name (and I'll remember theirs!)
>>7101844
I am also in SJ and hopefully there are more South Bay meets. SF is fun and all but it would be nice to have more local meets.

>> No.7101938

>>7101826

Yes, there is. Our comm is very welcoming to new members and visitors. Look up Las Vegas Lolitas on facebook.

>> No.7102098

>>7101613
You're hanging out with the wrong girls. A group of us in Chicago drinks together regularly.

>> No.7105605

>>7101809
What the fuck is that stupid tail thing?

>> No.7105623

>>7096296
The elitist bitches haven't gotten much better. They also had one of their girls doing a very ita as fuck how-to lolita panel where "Milanoo is a good company for girls just starting in lolita."

>> No.7105626

>>7096726
They're all really nice. We have a handful of bitches but these girls cried over someone using a meetup picture for a general secret. They're an odd range, most of them are early college but we have a few who are older and a few baby high schoolers.

>> No.7105628

>>7096726
You should come join us! The group has a lot of young faces and. many of them are sensitive to negativity, so they try to keep the comm positive. They're really nice and eager to help, too.

>> No.7105634

>>7101267
Everyone is very nice in the Vancouver comm. I'm very shy so I'm having trouble digging up the courage to go to meetups, but that's my fault. Everyone is welcoming and inviting, I just feel bad intruding on their friendship circles, you know?

>> No.7105693

I just moved to Vienna, but the comm really scares me because my German is really fucking horrible.

>> No.7105707

>>7101564
Toronto here, I love our comm. Everyone's pretty nice and chill. We have regular monthly meets in the GTA area and I think there are some smaller groups that have sprung up for people who live outside Toronto. It's worth posting on the Southern Ontario Lolita FB page to introduce yourself and ask if there's anyone else in your area, there may even already be a local group you could join in addition to the larger Ontario comm!

>> No.7106146

>>7098663
>You'll never know, because girls in the ATL comm aren't allowed on /cgl apparently.
>Its pretty big though.

So that is it, nothing else?

>> No.7106196

How do you integrate into a small comm? This will sound terribly aspie, but is it easier since they have to include you or will it be harder because they're so closely knit since the same 7-10 people go every time? I'm in my comm, and it seems 10 people at most go to the open meets and it's always the same guys.

>> No.7106199

>>7095746
>>7098663
>>7106146
I can tell you ladies this much. The Atlanta community is fucking STUPID and full of itas. After a museum meet, they caused a ton of drama on said venue's Facebook page just because some boring normalfag called lolita "disturbing." Apparently, they don't even know how to order from TAOBAO either. I was going to visit a friend and possibly check out the lolita community but after that? No thanks.

>> No.7106226

>>7106196
Coming from someone who has only ever been around a small comm, it's difficult. The close knit feeling is awkward as an outsider trying to come in, and in my case, it doesn't help that I wear a different style than most of them.

>> No.7106239

>>7106196
Go to a meet, take group photos, friend everybody so you can tag them, PROFIT? Like half of socializing with them is thru fb or tumblr nowadays. Just be open to talking about whatever new print is out, complementing their outfit, where they got it from, gossip... Most people try to include you in conversation if they're polite/curious about the new person/haven't really known you that well.

>> No.7106292

>>7105693
Don't worry about it, my German sucks too and I just moved to Germany and am trying to get involved in the local comm. Maybe try and make friends with other foreigners in the group? I've gotten talking to a girl who's also fluent in English, so that makes it a little less nerve-wracking.

>> No.7106311

>>7095784
What county? I'd be willing to drive a little just to find someone who wouldn't look at me like I'm a fruit cake.

Srsly.

>> No.7106341

>>7105693
I was in Vienna for a year, but I was so afraid about my German that I never went to meet ups

Don't do what I did

>> No.7106366
File: 780 KB, 200x137, lookin at ya dick like.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HA, pretty sure Warrensburg doesn't have a comm. if they did itd be probably bad.

>> No.7106375

>>7106239
Agree with this.
Everyone already has a lot of friends, what can you offer that makes you worth collecting?
It sounds cold, but it's true.

>> No.7106605

>>7106196
I'm actually a part of a close-knit comm like that and I always worry that new people might be scared off by that. I think it can be a little daunting since everyone's probably already good friends, but a good comm will include you anyway because honestly, meetups can get a little stale when it's the same people attending every time. Just be friendly and polite and it should work out!

>> No.7109192

>>7105626
any juicy details about the bitches?

>> No.7109205

I found a list of lolita comms on fb on an LJ so copy&pasted here: http://pastebin.com/JNM6zWLJ

>> No.7111402

>>7109205
Thanks!

>> No.7111413

The San Antonio comm kind of scares me. I look through the pictures and they don't seem too bad but, on their facebook there was a comment recently where accessories from claire's are too expensive.

>> No.7111454

>>7111413

To be fair, you can get a lot of those accessories from ebay for cheaper. So they have a point. It does make them sound really cheap though.

>> No.7111474

>>7111413
Were they saying too expensive for their budget? Or too expensive for the quality you get. Because I really agree on the quality point. Their stuff discolours and falls apart really fast, and while it's cheap, that's still annoying.

>> No.7111680

>>7096741
Boring old ladies and angry anti-brand kids.

>> No.7111702
File: 17 KB, 400x470, HNI_0022.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just moved to Orange County monday
and I know this sounds retarded as hell but where do you find the facebook groups for Lolita comms?

I haven't had to search for this shit for years so forgive my stupidity.

>> No.7111991

>>7109192
Pretty sure her name is Meci or something but I heard she asked some girl if she was autistic just because she asked some questions to get to know her better. She also goes around critting people in the "You wanted to wear /that/? Ew" kind of way instead of actual crit.

>> No.7112029

>>7111702
Get the fuck out of my comm you little attention whore shit bag
Go fight with your Internet boyfriend some more faggot

>> No.7112114

>>7112029
>troll alert

>> No.7112177

>>7112114
Im a troll because I dont want a shitfag in my comm? k.

sage because ill actually ask mods to ban her

>> No.7113429

>>7111702
welcome to OC... what part are you in?
I don't know how to point you to the comm (sorry) but there are a couple on Facebook for OC, Beach Cities, and So Cal so hopefully you can find your way into them.
There is a small meet planned for tomorrow (Sunday) It is one in a series of monthly gatherings.

If you can find Lor on facebook I am sure she can add you.

>> No.7113435

>>7112114
I'm nowhere near that comm but if Nia moved to mine I'd be pissed too. She's nothing but a ball of drama, rolling through the countryside, amassing it like a katamari.

>> No.7113583

>>7113435
so what's the story on Nia?

>> No.7113598

>>7096462
>Sissy detected.
gtfo

>> No.7113605

>>7094940
I'm not sure how active Communities are supposed to be with meetups and events.
I tried looking into the one for Boston, but they seem pretty inactive. Maybe there's more than one?
I'm also a bit reluctant to join. It would be real nice to go out in lolita and have it be comfortable. I'm 27, though, and I'm not sure how they'll react to it, or maybe they'll judge me harshly because I can't spend a lot of money.
I feel silly for being so self-conscious at my age.

>> No.7113610

Ok, im curious so ill ask here:
NZ lolita thinking of going on holiday to wellington or Cristchurch. Would like to meet up with some lolita while i was in town. What i am asking is: Is it worth meeting up with lolita from either city?

>> No.7113611

>>7113583
Go ask memphis, the Midsouth lolitas, they'll tell you all about her.

>> No.7113612

>>7113610
There's a big comm in Christchurch though if you ever hear of any drama about NZ lolitas on cgl, it's only ever about the Christchurch comm. Things might be better now, but I don't trust them.
Wellington has a well-dressed comm but I'm not so familiar with the girls up there.

>> No.7113845

>>7113605
I'm 28 and I still do it.
There were women in their 30s in my last local comm (Chicago, but I've moved halfway around the world since.) It's not abnormal at all to dress in lolita fashion and be older it seems. Think about it: at our age we're generally working stable careers, and can sometimes afford a nice dress.
Don't be self-conscious, just go out and own it.

>>7095615
I just put in my request to join earlier today. I live in Dundee now, for grad school. I'd love if there were more of us in the area just to go out and enjoy this beautiful, historic city.

Chicago was... offline they're all nice, but online they're a dramafest apparently. I wasn't very active in the comm, only went to a few meetups, rarely posted online, so I got deleted from the facebook group. Maybe I just joined up at a bad time.

>> No.7113847

>>7113605
>>7113845
Forgot to add, there were women in their 30s in my local comm. And they looked just fine dressed in Lolita. You can do it.

>> No.7113872

>>7097318

Fellow Leeds loli

I love our comm :)

>> No.7113931

>>7113611
>memphis
I've been wanting to join that comm but I heard there was too much drama. I'm guessing it's because of Nia.

>> No.7113936

>>7113931
Well, she's gone now, those girls are pretty alright really.

Funny thing, Nia hasn't been a part of that comm in two years, yet she still slings mud at them on the internet for something everyone's apologized for.

>> No.7114043

I've recently moved back to chicago. There are two comms? Which one is the non-grandma one?

>> No.7114226

>>7113605
The Boston one is actually pretty active. Assuming you're talking about Boston Gothic & Lolita Society and not another one Are you looking on LJ or FB? LJ is pretty much dead, you want to join the Facebook group. I recently joined a few months ago myself but it seems they have at least 1 meet up every 1-2 months. I know right know there's one for November and another one in December and the last one (that wasn't a small casual meetup) was in August.

>> No.7114246

>>7114043
there aren't two comms. Quit making shit up and fishing for people to create Chicago drama. Isn't it funny how every thread someone "just moved back" or "just moved to" Chicago yet no one new ever joins! Hmmm

>> No.7114264

>>7099206
I would love a /cgl/ meetup comm so much. There have to be a lot if seagulls in to Bay Area right? Hell, even cosplayers could come too and we'd all have more to talk about than just lolita.

>> No.7114271

>>7114264
that would actually be a really awsome idea but I fear it would just be a redux of cgl con meetups which aren't all that exciting

>> No.7114293
File: 355 KB, 500x338, tumblr_mr1pazpj0z1sv98gio1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wana get into Lolita but my local community is filled with ita's, I don't want to be one of them or have people see me act loud and annoying like they do. What do I do?

>> No.7114298

>>7114293
Fly solo or try looking for another comm in the area. It's often the case that where there's one ita comm in an area, there'll be another group of well-dressed girls who don't want to deal with their shit. Where are you located?

>> No.7114303

>>7114271
This would be awesome. I think con meetups are such a failure because there's nothing to do other then socialize.

>> No.7114309

>>7114298
East Canada, there are few girls who look nice but the rest not so much. I'm sure their nice people but I just simply do not enjoy their style. I just want to dress in Lolita and be pretty, without any drama or association to others.

>> No.7114359

>>7111474
As in two expensive in general.

>> No.7114362

>>7114359
too*
I'm quite tired, sorry. There are a few very well dressed girls in the San Antonio group from what I've seen online, but it's the rest that scare me.

>> No.7114371

>>7113435

I think she is actually very nice at times but yeah, she needs to calm down a bit and step away from the computer at times. Hopefully a change in environment is good for her.

I have no idea about irl drama, but she's the type who needs the last word in arguments, and that's where the problem starts.

>> No.7114464

>>7114371
In that case, the OC lolita comm tends to have a no bullshit policy regarding CGL. Too many of the older lolita "run" it so to speak. So Nia won't really have an opportunity to spread too much shit.

Even the LA community has little tolerance for bullshit these days. It still happens but a lid get put on it pretty fast.

>> No.7114887

I wonder if any of the San Antonio girls are going to the State Fair meet in October. I know the Dallas and Austin girls are mostly planning it and some of the Houston girls are going but anyone else in Texas?

>> No.7114904

Any Savannah, GA lolita's on /cgl/?
I recently moved here from Columbus, GA which was too far to join the Atlanta comm, but I was hoping since Savannah is a little bigger there would be some lolitas here.

>> No.7114990

The SF comm is generally very nice. However, they have been around awhile and friendships have been established. Honestly, in every community, people need time to get to know you and warm up to you and it might be possible they just never do (things just might not click).

The SF lolitas are generally very nice but honestly for the majority of them, their interests are not my interests. There are varied groups of them but I'm not into drinking, gaming, and partying most of the time (in and out of lolita) nor do I like anime or J-Pop very much.

>> No.7115052

>>7114990
is the SF comm full of party girls then?

>> No.7115545

>>7115052
No not really, it just depends on who you associate with. Like I can count on my fingers how many party girls I know from the SF comm. The majority are not.

>> No.7115565

>>7115545
I want lolita friends to party and drink with wtf how come I don't know who these girls are? Also from SF

>> No.7115596

>>7114990
What are your other interests? I have different groups of girls I talk to and they share different hobbies. Some I don't mind talking about my clubbing experiences; with the others I talk about more "lolita lifestyle" hobbies, like baking and embroidery.

You just have to be open with what you like anon! There's plenty of girls in the community so you'll find someone that you can talk about your interests with.

>>7115565
Like I mentioned above, casually mention alcohol with the girls. You'll be able to find out who that way! I don't want to drop any names in fear that they'll be labeled as "party girls" like >>7115052 (nothing against you but it sounded negative) but there are a few. I don't party but I like hearing about it since I'm incredibly shy. None of the lolitas I've spoken to have been rude or trashy or appeared "edgy."

>> No.7115603

>>7115596
Oops *party that much

>> No.7116263

>>7115596
I meant it in a positive way, I'd love to find a group of lolitas to drink with whether or not we're repping the frillz

>> No.7116600

>>7115565
>>7115596
>>7116263

A couple of us where thinking about going clubing. We weren't sure if we wanted to go in Lolita or normal club attire. We defiantly wanted to go to a pop club though, not a goth club like Lolita meet ups normally go to. If there was more interest I would be down to do a meet up.

>> No.7116758

>>7097237
>>7101346

oh thanks!
very helpful!

I need to get car ugh. just sent the request to join.

I JUST moved to the area from TN, and its pretty awesome here

got a new group of friends, taste of normalfag life, its all pretty good.

honestly when I posted I wondered if people would have a problem with me, but In person, I'm fine.

I'm glad to move and get a fresh start but for you people that hate me right off the bat, I have no interest in befriending you either.

>> No.7116925

>>7116758
Good~ I really don't need a person who constantly stirs shit in my comms~

I mean seriously, you have fights with everyone, publicly on 4chan. How can you expect people to have a good opinion of you?

>> No.7117560

>>7116925
hun, I've been out of your comm for two years.
maybe I'm not the problem.
I wonder who you are going to blame for the fact that you have a hateful comm now?

>the girl who sells her brand for weed
>the girl that posed as me online and scammed one of your members out of a lot of money
>the girl that left your comm two years ago and moved states

your choice.

if you start shit with me publicly on 4chan, I'm going to fucking finish it. I'm not some fucking pussy trip who will brown-nose till people like me.

>> No.7117599
File: 266 KB, 420x315, 36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7117560
Your ex must be so proud of you, his little shit poster is all grown up.

>> No.7117837

>>7117599
you need a shrink m8

>> No.7117856

>>7117560
you just admitted that this bullshit is over two years old and you *still* can't resist bringing it up.

she's not the one who sounds like she has issues.
get over your highschool drama-mongering.

>> No.7117987
File: 8 KB, 406x123, shut up.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>girl in my comm makes post about itas at meetups
>has those drawn on eyebrows
>receives this comment
>????

>> No.7118009

>>7117987
which comm is this?

>> No.7118073

>>7118009
indiana

>> No.7118422

>>7117856
did I bring it up?
did I?
or does someone fucking bug me with it every time I enter a goddamn thread?

high school drama-mongering is saying
"HURR DURR I DONT LIKE YOU (insert random trip here)" every time you can.

go buy some tampons and fuck off

>> No.7118437

>>7118422
Jesus Christ you come off as an entitled cunt, grow up and get the sand outta your vag bitch.

Take some constructive criticism, learn how to take the high road, not everything has to be a personal fight on 4chan of all places, the most impersonal place of all, ya bitch.

>> No.7118459

>>7118422
seeing as how the triggering anon's comment can easily be interpreted as someone in your current area responding in kind to your 'no interest in befriending the ~haters~' snipe, then no, it really does sound like you're the one who's bringing that shit about TN comms up.
again.

>> No.7118546

>>7118459
It's okay, Nia's a special type of cunt, the self absorbed kind who thinks everything is about her.

>> No.7118575

>>7118546
well it is now, congrats.

here's how I expect my first meet to go
>attend meet
>no one knows who I am
>few people know who I am
>no1curr I'm just a regular person who has a name on 4chan

>> No.7118577

>>7118575
But sweetie, you were just complaining earlier about how you didn't have a car... Are you going to take the bus to the meetup?

>> No.7118616

>>7118577
Don't be silly, she's gonna hitchhike with all the other bums~

>> No.7118972

>>7118575
you can't deny that it looks really shitty of you to drag other people's old, moth-eaten drama out when it's not even relevant.
then try to justify yourself by claiming it's only 'cause you're 'not some fucking pussy trip who will brown-nose till people like me'...
if you keep making statements like that, *nobody* is going to like you. and in a small, tight-knit community like lolita, you can't just pretend that your online persona isn't going to follow you around once you stop being online.
that's what we mean by 'highschool drama'.
people have seen the things you say on here, how quickly you respond to trolls, how sensitive you are about your coordinates and how you apparently hold grudges against communities for *years*. you're probably not the only one with those bad traits, but other girls have had the sense to stay anonymous and not integrate 4chan drama into their real lives. other girls don't continuously trip simply to identify their ~personality~ in some ludicrous bid for e-notoriety, so when they decide to start over in a different state, they can have clean slates. you don't get that privilege anymore. if you don't exactly get the warmest welcome from your new comm next Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised. girls gossip.

>> No.7119836

>>7100703
>>7100667
Im new to the comm too and plan to go to youma. you wouldn't happen to know which day and when they plan to meet up do you? I know they talked about it but I dont recall seeing anything about a set time.