[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 53 KB, 636x636, ohgodamanda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7090281 No.7090281[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How does cgl feel about those who not only lie about supposedly making their costumes themselves, but lie about liking any fandom in general to fit in with the crowd? The 'Wikipedia' know-it-all's?
Pic-related

>> No.7090284
File: 72 KB, 914x960, ohgodamanda2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

everyone knows atleast one chick who poses with her boyfriends comic books..

>> No.7090338

My friend has done it several times, I've scolded her about it but it still slips out when someone asks if she made it herself. To be fair though she's not regularly apart of the cosplay community and she's new to the scene so she's not aware of 'cosplay etiquette and often picks costumes from things she's never heard of. If you're not competing though, I can let it slide, though it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth. But to her it's more like Halloween than a hobby.

>> No.7090372

>How does cgl feel about those who not only lie about supposedly making their costumes themselves
I don't care. This is their integrity on the line and not mine. Usually people who are experienced in costume making can tell when a person has self-made a costume just by the way they talk about having 'made' it.
Regardless I don't get jealous and I don't enter costume contests to worry about shit like this.
>lie about liking any fandom in general to fit in with the crowd
You mean lie about liking a series? If anyone likes a fandom before they like the series it comes from, I pity their poor souls.
And again I don't care. People who are in the know know when someone else is bullshitting their way through conversations or avoiding key topics because they don't know enough about them.
Of course the people who know their series will naturally separate from people who do it for attention.
In the end, the attention whores actually lose. They wind up making no fandom-related friends, and the only 'friends' they make are fellow shallow dipshits out for the same amount of attention and people who treat them like fap fodders. Then if they ever want to actually get involved with a series, they'll only have shallow shits to speak with who don't actually follow anything or people who just want to see them take revealing pictures.

That's what happens when you sell yourself.

>> No.7090394
File: 233 KB, 635x568, 1346879308685.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>A friend cosplays from something she's never seen.
>Fan comes up to her and makes a inside joke about said series.
>We all laugh and she's just standing there clueless.
>I have to explain the joke to her later.

Mfw it's all good because they tend to only embarrass themselves if they choose to do something like that.

My only peeve is when others try to go out of their way to make me slip up my own geek cred. Bitch please. This isn't a dick measuring contest, it's just my fucking childhood.

>> No.7090630

*sigh* I sadly know of one as well. All I have to say, that's just depressing as all fuck. Like really dude? you have to FAKE liking something? that probably has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. On top of fake liking things, she has a new "favorite" thing every 2 weeks. Literally one day it'd be like, I dunno, Ariel from the little mermaid for example. She will OBSESS over Ariel, talk about her non stop, post cutesy pics (that other artists have made, and give no credit) on her facebook. It's her life for 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden, she will change her interest to let's say, Batman. And she'll be all about batman for 2 weeks. Mind you, I've known this person for a VERY long time (It's close to 10 years now) and I've never heard her bring up batman, ever.

As for faking her cosplays. She's just a complete idiot. I have been sewing for about 4 years now (completely self taught). I could look at someone's stitching and see where they fucked up, what types of stitches they used, for what purposes...etc. Now, I'm not saying my stitching is perfect. hell no, My stuff comes out really nice, but I ALWAYS fuck up on some seams here and there....
with that said. I've known this girl for 10 years. Her very first cosplay, about 3 years ago was made by a friend. This girl has NEVER shown any interest in sewing EVER. Then at a recent con, I compliment her on her cosplay and tell her it's really well made. she goes on to tell me that she "made it herself", she continues by telling me she has taken sewing classes for a month in her school. I'm sorry... I don't care if you have a freaking top of the line $10,000 industrial machine and you are freaking Ralph Lauren.... If you have never sewn before, and you only have a month of experience, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that you could have such perfect craftsmanship, stitch work, and pattern construction abilities.

I could smell the bullshit radiating off of her

>> No.7090647

>>7090281
I hate those posers.
Last time I went to a con someone who didn't make their costume won first place and second place the girl clearly made it.
Pissed me off even tho it was only a small con.
I think con's should have 2 different contests, one for just people who bought their costume and the others for people who made it.

>> No.7090650

>>7090284
This shit pisses me off for totally selfish and stupid reasons because I know it doesn't personally affect me.

But like, I've spent years learning to hide my powerlevel when it comes to comics, video games and anime and then these chicks that I know use them to get all sorts of sexual attention when they're not even into it while I just get grilled if I can name all the Robins if I say that I read comics. Ugh.

>> No.7090657

>>7090630
That last part sounds like Angela

>> No.7090664

>>7090647
True, but often even the one's who claim to make it all themselves actually just had family members or friends make all their shit, their props, and style their wigs. It's risky to compete when everyone lies about everything and credits no one.
Ex. Would it kill Yaya to tell us who helps her with everything (seen in all vids of her while she's getting ready)? Yes. Hence why she keeps it to herself.

>> No.7090681

>>7090650
Well... CAN you name all the robins?

>> No.7090808
File: 38 KB, 400x400, 1205632384219.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7090650
>sexual attention
You know these normal girls live in a community of much better looking normal fags

There are more guys in high school who are into football than Marvel and DC...especially fucking anime.

nerd culture is significantly smaller than casual culture...If these hot chicks really wanted attention they would just go to the city club rather a geek convention.

You should be impressed if a girl like that even KNOWS of otaku culture let alone actually pay money to go to a con

>> No.7090821
File: 26 KB, 500x349, 1336371293091.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7090808
This
Girls are more likely to fake liking football for the hot jock rather then pretend to like anime for an autist

there are much more of a demographic for guys who love sports rather than anime

at my school truthfully the only weeaboos and small otakus were girls anyways

>> No.7090827

why does it feel like the majority of the first posters in this thread are 14-15 years old

get out

>> No.7091858

>>7090681
Haha yes.

>>7090808
Yea, I know. Like I said, my hatred for this is totally selfish and stupid. It's probably more rooted in jealousy than any actual annoyance.

>> No.7091865

Personally, I think it should be considered sexual harassment / molesting if a neckbeard asks a girl questions about the thing she's cosplaying.

>> No.7091879

>>7090808
But there's also a much much bigger competition in normal communities. Girls who normally would be considered average or pretty at best rise up to an amazing status simply by partaking in 'desirable for men' hobbies such as gaming, cosplay etc.

Don't tell me you've never seen boys flock around a mediocre girl just because "she's into x/y/z so hot such rarity". She'd never be able to hold attention of actually well adjusted attractive men.

Not that it is even rare for girls to do this things because they genuinely enjoy them. They just never flaunt it.

>> No.7091892

What is a "Wikipedia know it all" and how can you separate them from the fans if they know the same thing

>> No.7091907

>>7091865
Seconded. I'm sick of all the neckbeards crying about their "M-MUH SOURCE MATERIAL" like anyone gives a fuck. Cosplay is cosplay. You can cosplay anything you want as long as you like it, no one has the right to judge you.

>> No.7091939

>>7091892
>What is a "Wikipedia know it all"
Maguma, in example.
>and how can you separate them from the fans if they know the same thing
It's easy, you can just tell if you're a fan and they're just wikipediaing.

No matter how well you're prepared, you can't fool people with just wikipedia knowledge. I know, I tried.

>> No.7091959

What if you cosplay from something you never seen/played then later found out that character or franchise was something you turned out hating.

>> No.7092449

>>7091959
Simple. Don't cosplay from something you've never seen/played.

>> No.7092455

>>7092449
>>>/r9k/ Back to where you crawled from, Athens.

>> No.7092459

>>7092455
Not that anon but are you fucking retarded?
Cosplaying from something you've never even seen/played is one of the stupidest things you can do.

>> No.7092464

>>7092459
The stupidest thing you can do is *judging others enjoying their hobby*, you neckbeard turd.

>> No.7092473

>>7092464
But why cosplay something if you don't enjoy the series? Not judging, just confused.

>> No.7092468

>>7090657
Angela? The girl who made that teapot costume by saizoku or whatever the hell the artists name is?
I thought she made all of her stuff? She always posts WIPS on her tumblr.

>> No.7092475

>>7092473
*FOR FUN*

>> No.7092477

>>7092468
Her mom does most of the work while Angela is busy getting botox shots to prevent her face from going full "Lady in the Radiator"-mode.

>> No.7092478

>>7092475
Yes, I get that that's the idea, but I just fail to see how it would be fun if you aren't a fan of the series. I just figured the fun of cosplaying is showing your love for a series and meeting other fans.

>> No.7092480

>>7092464
>neckbeard
TOP FUCKING LEL

but anyway, it is fucking retarded and I will continue to judge people for doing it.

>> No.7092481

>>7092478
Shut up. I don't need some neckbeard telling me how to have fun.

>> No.7092484

>>7092480
Well enjoy staying a virgin forever then.

>> No.7092485

>>7092475
>FOR ATTENTION
ftfy

>> No.7092486

>>7092481
What? I can't tell if you're trolling ironically right now or not.

Sage out of confusion.

>> No.7092488
File: 114 KB, 216x235, smug bitch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7092484
You are so ignorant it's actually hilarious.

>> No.7092490

>>7092485
So what? Getting attention *IS* fun.

>> No.7092492

>>7092486
w/e, filtered, I'm not gonna bother with some retarded tripfag special snowflake.

>> No.7092493

>>7092455
SAMEFAG DETECTED >>7086845

>> No.7092496

>>7092493
>"everyone who tells neckbeards to go back to /r9k/ is the same person"

>> No.7092495

>>7092493
I was thinking the same thing honestly.

>> No.7092497

>>7092495
I thought that anon was trolling but now I'm beginning to see that might not be the case...

>> No.7092500

>>7092496
your extreme anal rage pretty much radiates off of everything you post. Not that hard to connect the dots.

>> No.7092504

This turned into a much funnier thread than expected. Oh goodness.

I love the butt-hurt from fake fans trying to defend themselves. It's delicious.

>> No.7092506

>>7091865
Go back to Tumblr.
If anyone attractive person cosplays, male or female, they are most likely doing it for attention.

>> No.7092524
File: 31 KB, 300x594, 1221645-521653_mikuru_asahina_large_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7092506
are you saying its only possible for ugly people to actually like anime and western comics?

fuck you and your small minded faggotry
kill yourself now

>> No.7092526

>>7092506
So the only true fans are the ugos? That seems kind of silly.

>> No.7092547 [DELETED] 
File: 6 KB, 236x240, 1345097417274.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7091879
if they are not pretty enough to easily get attractive guys/any guy.. then they are NOT pretty enough to have men flock to them at cons

Dont kid yourself and say there are not already plenty of average looking girls at cons already......because there ARE.. Plenty of average girls already go to them everyday...and they are not noticed..because there are average

my point is it isnt like there are ONLY landwhales and plain ugly people at cons..there are both uglys and average looking girls.

It is quite a site to see a real beauty at a con because with your logic...they would be much better off going somewhere else...meaning with your stereotype: that they are just looking for attention....you know..because really attractive people cant possibly ever want anything other than attention...even though they get it without trying already...also they wouldnt want anything else you know...Like to just have fun in general...what a joke

>> No.7092555
File: 6 KB, 236x240, 1345097417274.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7092506
if they are not pretty enough to easily get attractive guys/any guy.. then they are NOT pretty enough to have men flock to them at cons

Don't kid yourself and say there are not already plenty of average looking girls at cons already......because there ARE.. Plenty of average girls already go to them everyday...and they are not noticed..because they're average

my point is it isn't like there are ONLY landwhales and plain ugly people at cons..there are both uglys and average looking girls.

It is quite a site to see a real beauty at a con because with your logic...they would be much better off going somewhere else...meaning with your stereotype: that they are just looking for attention....you know..because really attractive people cant possibly ever want anything other than attention...even though they get it without trying already...also they wouldn't want anything else you know...Like to just have fun in general...what a joke

>> No.7092574

People can choose to cosplay from whatever they want and for whatever reasons they want. I just wish it wasn't becoming the general assumption that girls don't know who they're dressed up as. For example, there's a lot of Samus cosplayers that only played the Super Smash Bros. series and have no clue how significant her Zero Suit design is in Zero Mission (and how and why it changes in Fusion). That's totally their business and I shouldn't tell people to stop cosplaying things I like. However, it bums me the hell out that when I wear my Zero Suit, I get people quizzing me on the games because they think it's fun to see fake nerds panic. They're never ready for an actual answer. I humored one guy in particular with his stupid question and he asked if I just read the Wikipedia. So I started talking his ear off about Metroid's self-conflicting storytelling and this and that and he just walked away before I was done. Classy. I wouldn't have such a bug up my ass about being quizzed in costume, but I tend to wear costumes from videogames more than anything else, and wow those guys can be rabid.
Whoops, that turned into kind of a rant. Sorry.

>> No.7092586

>>7092574
>People can choose to cosplay from whatever they want and for whatever reasons they want.
/thread

Deal with it neckbeards.

>> No.7092587

>>7092574
>I just wish it wasn't becoming the general assumption that girls don't know who they're dressed up as
And this is the only reason why cosplayers who've never read/played/watched the source material bother me. Because by doing so, they are giving every other female a bad reputation, even the ones who know and love the character.

But unfortunately there really isn't anything one can do other than just keep calm and cosplay on.

>> No.7092591

>>7092574

Don't worry about the rant, I know how it feels too. It doesn't bother me too much tbh, nothing more fun than making a fool out of someone who tried to do the same to you. Don't you just love the way those idiots look at you when you actually know what you're talking about? Priceless!

>> No.7092592

>>7092586
>>7092455
butthurt samefag pls leave

>> No.7092597

>>7092592
You leave, /r9k/ trash.

>> No.7092594

>>7092587
And instead of fixing the problem where it needs fixing (e.g. killing all virgin males past the age of 18) you want females to change to appease the neckbeards.

>> No.7092602
File: 132 KB, 1280x720, mfw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7092594
>>7092597
your samefagging is so obvious it hurts.

>> No.7092608

>>7092574
This! You just said what I was too stupid to turn into words.

It's the backlash on me as a fan that does know the source material that annoys me way more than the actual "fake fan" or whatever because I've also often found that many of the people that are being accused of being fake fans are given that title after being quizzed by some self-righteous jerk who might ask them a question that would be hard for even a fan of the series to answer just to feel superior. Like once I told someone I was a fan of Batman comics and they began to quiz me about not just comics in general but more specifically, Marvel comics and then got a stupid smug look when I told him I couldn't answer.

Though I will say that while I do agree that someone can cosplay as whatever they feel like, it does feel nicer when they know the source material because it always makes me sad when I run up to someone dressed as a character I love to talk about the series only to get "Oh I just liked the outfit" or "Oh I'm just in this for a group cosplay" or some variation.

>> No.7092611

>>7092586
>>7092597
Are those the only insults you know?

>> No.7092624

>>7092574
It's funny, because you basically want exactly what >>7092594 said.

The stereotype exists because it reflects the cruel reality. Most "hot" cosplaying girls just don't give a single flying fuck. If they won't change, the stereotype won't go away.

So, instead of dealing with that, you want those... those... pigs (!!) who >>dare<< to treat you with cynicism/skepticism to stop treating you like that, because it hurts your feelings.

>> No.7092645

>>7092592
>>7092597
Stop replying to the troll, please.

>> No.7092646

>liar's
>'

>> No.7092655

>>7092586
>>7092587
>>7092591
>>7092608
It's nice to see that some people get me.
>>7092624
I'm not too worried about your response, as much because of what you said as because of the way you said it.
>pigs (!!)
> >>dare<<
Summer here on /cgl/ is never-ending. That aside, you are suggesting that I "deal with" these girls who cosplay from games and comics for the attention. And how do you propose we do that, Captain Cupcake? Because obviously, quizzing people who enjoy making certain costumes is not the answer. Telling people to stop enjoying a hobby because you disagree with their approach is pretty closed-minded and is basically bullying, no matter how much you disagree with them. You can tell people to gtfozerslol the 4chenz or however *you* in particular would say it, but you can't walk around a con telling girls to leave.
My suggestion is to do your best to ignore the people who do things you disagree with and just enjoy the hobby for your own sake. Yes, it can be tough when people quiz you to see if you know your shit or ignore you because you're dressed as an overdone character. But if you can't enjoy the hobby because you like to make costumes and play dressup and you're all buttmad someone is getting more attention than you, you're not even playing by your own rules and you're more of a cancer to cosplay than the "fake nerds" you're so hellbent on crucifying.

>> No.7092738

>>7092624
>those...pigs who dare to treat you with cynicism
Obviously you've never had anyone legitimately try to prove you're just a fake fan of something.
It's obnoxious, condescending, and just plain rude.
If someone says they are a fan of something, I fucking believe them until evidence is presented that suggests otherwise. I also don't fault someone for not knowing every single detail of a particular fandom.
Wish I could just ignore it but these assholes (both men AND women) are everywhere.

>> No.7092742

>>7092738
This.

>> No.7092817

>>7091939
>Maguma, in example.

I smell a vendetta. Is this the same person who thinks maguma never played Blazblue?

>> No.7093069

>>7092817
NIGGA PLS

Everyone thinks that Maguma didn't play shit these days. Go back to Facebook, loser.

>> No.7093076

>>7092655
No, don't you understands what "deal with it" mean? It mean you oughta stop crying and man up, bi-atch.

Deep in your heart you know you deserve it.

>> No.7093081

>>7091865
>>7091907

I am of the feeling that you can cosplay/do/say/write/act like whatever the fuck you want. It's your right.

But, you can be called on anything you do/say/write/cosplay/act like.

Do what you want but realize there ARE consequences.

>> No.7093100

>>7093081
But there SHOULDN'T be any.

>> No.7093182

I probably come across as the kind of person who lies about having seen/heard things because I have a terrible memory and listen/watch so much it all blurs into one.

>> No.7093416
File: 28 KB, 400x356, sociallyawkward.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7093182
This. It honestly makes me feel pretty terrible when I can't remember enough about a show/comic/whatever to talk to other fans about it. Plus I'm super awkward and clam up around people I don't know.

>> No.7093429

>>7093076
Aw, boo, you're not even trying anymore. You're no fun.

>> No.7093735

>>7092738
>If someone says they are a fan of something, I fucking believe them until evidence is presented that suggests otherwise.
Then you're a retard.

>"If someone says they're a policeman I believe them until evidence is presented that suggests otherwise"
>"Y-yes officer, I will gladly suck your c-cokku!"

>> No.7093760

>>7093735
If somebody says they're a police officer in casual conversation, I tend to believe them. If they say a police officer and try to get me to go somewhere/do something, I want evidence. Meh, but you're just trolling anyway and don't care.

>> No.7093763

>>7093069
Prove he didn't play those games. Last time someone grilled him on the knowledge of the game he we on and not only told the other person what story path he took but also summarize his general strategies. Hell you can challenge the guy online or at con if you want to see proof in person.

>> No.7093766

>>7092738
The worst is people who argue that even though you may watch/play/read something, you haven't "really" enjoyed it. There is literally no way to prove that I really enjoyed something, and it is tiresome and slightly mental to argue with someone about my own feelings.

>> No.7093776

>>7093735
>everyone is a liar
How does it feel to have no real friends anon?

>> No.7093797

>>7093735
That's such an exaggerated comparison I don't even know why you'd say that..

>purple is my favourite colour!
>fucking prove it you whore! what colours make up purple , huh?! What's it's hex colour code you dumb slut?!! What fucking chakra is it associated with?!? tell me all these things before I can respect you as a person you fucking fake purple liking piece of shit!

See, I can do it too.

>> No.7093800
File: 25 KB, 300x300, jonlel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7093797
so much this

>> No.7093816

I don't even care but I don't know why someone would even bother doing that. Conventions are full of entry level fans anyways. I don't think they're the best places for someone who has huge powerlevel and wants to talk about anime with other people. This summer when went to a convention most people I talked to didn't know anything about the currently airing shows(except Free and Shingeki no Kyojin) or even the previous season.

>> No.7093825

>>7093816
Also, in my honest opinion, people who watch lot of anime simply do not have time to cosplay as well. At least if you've got to work or study too. If you watch about 20-30 shows a season there's no much motivation to work on a costume that can take lot of your time and money. That's why I don't care what kind of person is cosplaying the character I like as long as it looks passable. If I see a cute girl in a cute cosplay I might take a picture but I don't want to force them into a conversation with me since that would make me feel creepy, usually the 12-15-year-old girls have the cutest costumes and they cosplay from series I like.

>> No.7093875

>>7092587
This mentality is flawed though. You can't judge an entire group of people based only on gender (or anything, really) because of your limited experiences with them.

Do I really care for slutty, attention whoring cosplayers? Nope, can't stand them. But why the fuck should it be their fault when a guy acts like a fucking ass wipes?

That's like saying a man who only deals with and hires female prostitutes has a valid reason for assuming all of us are prostitutes.

>> No.7093876

I like how this turns into a thread only about females. Most of the shitty posers I meet are actually men.
Ladies, just start quizzing guys like they're fucking morons and see how they react. You'll be surprised when a shit ton of them don't even know the series they're cosplaying from.

>> No.7093881

>>7093875
I think you misread my post.
I am saying that my reason for disliking women who pretend to like something and dress up from it only for attention bother me because it gives the rest of us a bad name.
I am NOT saying that the people who judge an entire gender based on this are justified AT ALL. Of course that is part of the problem.
But honestly you can't just go pinning all the blame on men.

>> No.7093885

>>7093876
Yeah that's an unfortunate double standard. As a man, you will almost never be accused of being a 'fake nerd' or just pretending to like something for attention.
This thread is mostly about ladies because /cgl/ is a female-heavy board.

>> No.7093888

>>7093881
You can't pin blame on men as a gender, but you can certainly pin all of the blame on the individual man who disrespects you based on his very limited experiences with women.

>> No.7093913

>>7093888
>you can certainly pin all of the blame on the individual man who disrespects you
I agree with that to a certain extent, and of course when a man tries to give me the "nerd test" I don't walk away thinking GOD DAMN ALL THOSE SLUTTY FAKE NERD GIRLS, I'm usually thinking that guy was a total asshole.
I'm really not trying to argue with you, my OP was just expressing an opinion really, not trying to defend men OR women who make sweeping generalizations or judgements based on something like gender.
I am still going to continue to be annoyed by these idiot girls who cosplay as things they no absolutely nothing about though, they are just reinforcing a stereotype that's bad enough to begin with.

>> No.7093924

>>7093876
Good god YES. Every single "what should I cosplay to get laid/attention" thread I've ever seen here was started by a dude.
every
single
one
None of them are actually interested in cons or good costumes or even getting into a series. They just want to get laid. As far as I'm concerned, those guys are the worst part of cosplay. Fuckin fake nerds.

>> No.7093940

>>7093760
>>7093776
>>7093797
Ah, the butthurt.

Note how none of you even tried to debunk what I said. That was a perfect example of how retarded this ad hoc "assuming cosplayers know their shit" bullcrap is.

It is piss easy to tell if a cosplayer knows the source or is just some random whore, or a random whore trying hard to pretend she do know.

>> No.7093945

>>7093876
That's because most men you meet are Homestuck "fans" probably. No normal human male can like Homestuck, all of them are in it just for the prospect of "this is the only way some loser like me can get [if disgusting] pussy".

>> No.7093949

>>7093940
>>7093940
You didn't give anything to debunk idiot.
>hurr hurr yer retarded
>insert exaggerated comparison
a summary of your post

>> No.7094010

>>7093949
Look, at the end of the day, you're still a whore cosplaying something you don't know for attention, but you're mad 'cause you spend one and a half hour reading about it on Wikipedia, yet some fucking neckbeard saw right through you, so you're mad.

So, mad as you are, you want the police to shoot every neckbeard who questions whether you played/read/saw your source material so as to avoid your precious feelings getting offended (hot Alphas can question you any time :3).

>> No.7094058

>>7093913
I'm right there with you in annoyance when I see slutty boob chin. I just check myself when I find myself getting annoyed and make sure I hate her because she's a whoresicle and not because a neckbeard treated me like a sack of shit.
I don't think we're all that different afterall, anon.

>> No.7094064

>>7094010
I'm just in awe of the fact that the lady posers actually take the time to READ some wikipedia shit.
Most men just throw on the costume and call it a day. I once convinced a whore-man that his character was gay and he got really upset and started yelling at his friends.

>> No.7094079

>>7094010
When we men cosplay as Spartans from 300 nobody questions them if they know about ancient history or the comic book.

When we see guys cospay as Zangief which is nothing but a red speedo, they don't get any hassle for wearing next to nothing or are grilled about Zangief's frame data and lore.

When guys cosplay as Kamina just to show off their abs, nobody cares if they can explain all the details about Gurren Lagann. People simply snap their pictures and leave them alone.

How is this any different from what women do? Men are guilty for dressing up for easy attention and showing off their bodies yet why doesn't anyone call them out on their bullshit.

In fact anon I have a question for you. Name your favorite series or give us the shows you cosplay from and I want you to prove that you are a real fan and not just an attention whore.

If you are a real fan then you would not hesitate to back down from this challenge.

>> No.7094085

>>7094010
Idk dude I've met plenty of dudes who don't know what they're cosplayin, or don't know it very well.

>dude cosplaying a character that "guest stars" in another franchise, completely unfamiliar with charater being in the actual massively famous series (because who's ever heard of this Final Fantasy thing anyway)
>guys giving me a hard time for my "original design" or pointing out innacuracies, when its just an older version of a character's costume or one from another media (old Catwoman with the cape/dress, and of all things an alternate Belle costume)
>guy who seriously must have only ever seen the movies/spin off comics and thus argues with me that the long-established character I am dressed as doesn't exist (HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO HARLEY OR ORACLE ARE)
>guy who assumes my costume is something else entirely and gets angry that I "don't know what I'm talking about" (for real there is more than one character who likes rainbows, its shocking I know)

>> No.7094095

>>7094085
To be honest, I don't think any of the people disagreeing with this viewpoint are actually male (or at least not in this thread). I think they're all females who are trying really hard to be totes cool because they be trollin'

>> No.7094129

>>7094064
Most don't, just tryhards like Katsu. :^)

>> No.7094376
File: 28 KB, 344x291, nope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7094010
>implying I cosplay from things I have't read/watched/played

>> No.7094382

>>7094010
>you want the police to shoot every neckbeard
What are you even talking about?
You're just making shit up now.
3/10 for making me reply.

>> No.7094389

>>7094085
>DOESN'T KNOW WHO ORACLE IS
>TFW I HAD A GUY ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT HOW MY BARBARA GORDON COSPLAY WAS INACCURATE BECAUSE I WAS IN A WHEELCHAIR!
>"WHO THE FUCK IS ORACLE? YOU MEAN BATGIRL?!"
>I WAS WHEELCHAIR BOUND AT THE TIME EVEN IF IT *HAD* BEEN INACCURATE ANYWAY JERK!

UGHHHHHHHHHHH!

To this day, this event makes me want to foam at the mouth with rage.

>> No.7094402

>>7094389
Pretty much same (wheelchair was temporary due to an injury but still). But according to the dude I dealt with:

>1 Batgirl is not a real character, as "she only exists in shitty movies and the cartoon" (so very selective comic readings I guess?)

>2 On explaining that she is shot, becomes paralyzed, and becomes Oracle, "That shit sounds like fanfic, I don't believe it."

>Pretty much the same thing happened when dressed as Harley. Called a fan character, and then called a "stupid cartoon only character"
Just how do you even go to a con without seeing at least one Harley Quinn somewhere? How does this dude rationalize all these chicks being the same "fan character"?

>> No.7094412

>>7094402

Argh, sounds like my former friend with how elitist he is with Batman and Resident Evil.

He still wonders why he doesn't have a girlfriend :P

>> No.7094464
File: 454 KB, 500x400, 1321424221866.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7094010
>you're mad
>you're mad
>mad as you are
I don't expect professional copy editing on 4chan or anything but christ

>> No.7095182
File: 1.11 MB, 1198x846, Reasons why no one plays me in MVC 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7093763
Yup. Let it ride. Bitches be scared because of my style. Anyone wanna play some MVC 2? I love playing salty casuals~

XBL: Maguma Usagi

>> No.7095210
File: 114 KB, 887x485, 1348355825741.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7094389
This, half the men who comment on any of my costumes have no idea who I'm cosplaying, but still have the balls to call ME fake. I don't even bother correcting them anymore, it ends with the same degrading shit.

>Oh well, my bad. I don't actually know who the character is. But you have to admit most attractive females only cosplay for attention and don't really know the character.

Bullshit. Women don't always cosplay for the sole purpose of making your dick hard. And it hardly calls for the harassment we get from this whole 'fake geek girl' fad neckbeards seem to be going through.

>> No.7095213
File: 165 KB, 500x709, pepperanncomic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

These threads always remind me of this comic.

Sage for no contribution.

>> No.7095342

ok white knights, simmer down.

yeah, ppl should be able to cosplay what they want. it's just fucking cosplay at a fucking convention, literally some of the lamest shit you can do by societal standards. however, that's just not how shit is.

ppl seem to forget that the reason we're considered geeks and losers is because normal society bashed the fuck out of us at some point. normal fucking society outcast us for liking shit that isn't considered normal, hence the need for conventions being set up to meet other people who have also been cast out. our fandoms and conventions were our safe havens where we could do literally the stupidest fucking shit and no one would bat an eyelash.

so, that being said, there are geek lifers that DO understand this and the newer geeks that don't understand this. lifers get that a fandom is like a badge of pride; it's because they like shit like x fandom that they got judged and made fun of and excluded from normalcy. it's BECAUSE they like those things that they just CANT get in with normal society because literally normal people are fucking stupid and shallow once you've experienced other shit.

so insert the newfag wave of "omg guise its fucking cool to be a geek now" kids. literally everyone and their mom is picking up fucking manga and western comics and fucking shit they would have never even bothered with because apparently that's the first thing you need to do to fit in into this cool "geek" scene, completely ignoring the fact that these geeks you're trying to fit in with have no interest in accepting this new wave of the people who originally shunned them in the first place.

to the lifer geeks, the og crowd, it's like the romans trying to be best buds with jesus (it's a metaphor not a fucking inner comparison to og geeks being superior, stfu between line readers). it makes no sense. that's why newfags are judged so harshly. it's like, who the fuck are you and why the fuck are you in my face?

>> No.7095347

>>7093763
>>7095182
Saddest samefag of my life.

>> No.7095372

>>7090284
I don't. I also don't know anyone who has ever pretended to like a fandom just so they can cosplay from it. Or if they did, they sure as fuck fooled me that they knew their shit.

I don't think these people are such a fucking pandemic like /cgl/ makes them out to be if, given how many cosplayers I know, I can think of maybe one person I've ever known that might have been "faking it".

>> No.7095377

>>7095342
10/10
Would read again

>> No.7095394

>>7095347
0/10 You could try again~

>> No.7095400

>>7093100
>But there SHOULDN'T be any.

Yes there should be if you're fake. Which is what this thread is about.

>> No.7095401

>>7095342

this post I like.

>> No.7096190

>>7095394
ure mom is a 0/10, that's why she married a nigger

>> No.7096245
File: 26 KB, 679x427, Wailord HAH.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7096190

>> No.7096603

>>7096190
rekt like a boss

>> No.7097727

Women lie, deal with it OP.

>> No.7100141

that chick looks disgusting as fuck hahahaha

what a fucking whale

>> No.7100160

>>7092478
Cosplaying is a hobby, which means is up to every individual how they are going to enjoy it. Maybe some people like the challenge of crafting outfits and don't want to be forced into choosing designs of shows they like. Maybe some people really like the way a character, from a show they've never seen, looks. I can appreciate the artwork or designs from sources that I do not know.

>> No.7100176

>>7100160
Friendly reminder not to read this retarded post, because it is Falcone, the fat mentally handicapped child molester tripshit.

Hide all posts made by this fat tripshit and make /cgl/ a better place.

>> No.7100192

>>7100176
>implying it is a good place

>> No.7100197

>>7100192
Not while you're here, Fatcone.

>> No.7100213

>>7100197
Hahahaa, no I'm not him I'm a girl. And I personally think that he's kind of hot :) and you're just jealous.

>> No.7100284

>>7100213
lmao okay

>> No.7100322

>>7095342
you.
i like you.
also my anecdotal two cents here:
>bitches make fun of me in high school for writing a formal paper on Star Trek (TOS)'s cultural significance during the Civil Rights movement
>are fawning over Zachary Quinto a few years later, claim they've always loved his now flanderized character
>fucking why
>fuck J.J. Abrams bullshit

>> No.7100759

>>7100322
No one gives a fuck about your opinion, neckbeard virgin.

>> No.7100763

>>7100759
I do.

So fuck off.

>> No.7100766

>>7100763
No one gives a fuck about you giving a fuck about your own opinion. Now fuck off neckbeard virgin.

>> No.7101044

>>7100763
Grats, while you men were being snickered at by catty females, most girls were being mind fucked by them.
I had to deal with fake love letters being sent out to the weirdest guys in school and later having to turn them down in public because some psycho bitch didn't like me.
I get the whole poser thing and how it's infuriating to deal with people who suddenly are into your fandom, but you all have a tendency to assume all females in the world never liked games growing up or had to deal with bullying.
Fuck you all.

>> No.7101056

>>7101044
I can oneup you there.

>be 13
>have crush on girl in my class
>haven't really thought too hard about the implications of having a crush on another girl
>tell closest friend
>she tells everyone
>on valentine's day someone sends her flowers from me
>she's really embarrassed and freaked out and I just get up and walk out of the classroom
>cannot ever actually raise the subject with the girl I like because that homophobic nigger bitch made my sexuality the laughing stock of the entire school

>> No.7101065
File: 1.98 MB, 245x164, hello darkness.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread is filled with a bunch of gen-y yuppies who could never let go of being bullied at formative years for being special snowflakes and now lash out at the commodification of their "culture."

Children are cruel, people are generally ignorant, people like fads. Deal with these realities and live and let live.Grow up and be better than this.

This thread is beyond pathetic.

>> No.7101297

>>7101065
Get fucked you STD ridden whore.

>> No.7101304

>>7101297
But wouldn't she do that anyway?

>> No.7101318

>>7101065
Agreed. What's with all this muh cultures and muh geekings? It's not like people who like ~mainguh~ and ~animes~ are going to buy up any of the shit I want. I still get my artbooks and figures and it's not like I'll/you'll ever talk to someone who's not that into it more than a few sentences before I/you back off from the lacking conversation. It's popular? Who fucking cares? Maybe companies will take notice and everyone that's not in Japan can get things easier because more people are buying them (otome games cough).

>> No.7101325
File: 91 KB, 460x506, ECH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7100322
>best captain
>>7101044
Men don't just get snickered at and women aren't the only ones getting 'mind fucked' by crazy girls
'Oh no I had to reject guys...in public!!'
That really doesn't sound bad
You have a tendency to think all neckbeards assume all females in the world never liked games growing up or had to deal with bullying
Fuck you

>> No.7102165

ITT: Women trying to rationalize why it is okay to lie as long as you're getting sex and/or attention behind that lie.

Women are really worthless fucking whores.

>> No.7102433

>>7100322
op of this comment here
the fact that everyone assumed i'm a male neckbeard virgin when i'm actually a female dweeb virgin who was bullied by my classmates only furthers my point
J.J. Abrams' shit is so diluted, watered down and marketable that it is autimatically assumed i am a fedora for finding substance more palatable than explosions and whorish characters

>> No.7102438

>>7102433
automatically*

>> No.7103012

I think guys do this more than girls. They always dress up as the most entry level shit like gen 1 pokemon or super popular Marvel superheroes at con and then just try to get pussy whether they're attractive or not.

In fact, some guy was trying to get me to sleep with him at a con and he didn't even know anything about anime. He was literally just there to get pussy.

But if some girl likes Gurren Laggan, dresses up like Yoko to a con, and then forgets a minor detail about the show she's a fake and a liar and stuff but if some guy dresses up like Deadpool just because he's an lol so random may may nobody even dares mention him because he's so cool and funny.

>> No.7103026

i don't get why people get so /butthurt/ over this. if some dumb bimbo wants to dress up as powergirl or whatever to get the attention of lonely neckbeards you should be fucking flattered some hot girl cares about you enough to dress up in a skimpy outfit and try to get your attention.

>> No.7103076

I am all for people cosplaying what they want, but it does bug me there are people who choose an outfit based off of what would give them the most attention (Yoko, Powergirl, sexy version of so and so, etc...). It'd be nice if they would dwelve into the original source, and even if they didn't like the source but still wanted to cosplay something revealing or whatever, I'd be okay with them goin to cosplay from a series they looked into AND enjoyed.

Somewhat related story on fake geeks or not knowing source material, though my friend and I were just a bit suprised when it happened and I guess I don't really blame the guy...

> AX 2013
> heading up elevator to room with friend and a Dan Hibiki cosplayer, doesn't have wig on (guess it was bothering him)
> friend who plays fighting games ask casually "Hey have you ran into any Sakura's?"
> "Who?"
> "You know, Sakura. She is kind of associated with your character."
> "Oh I haven't played any Street Fighter games past 2."

I'm no hardcore fighting game fan and don't really know the lore of SF but even I knew who Sakura was... I guess I shouldn't blame him but it's not like she is an obscure character/not shown often.

>> No.7103248

>>7102165
smoker pls

stop smoking

>> No.7103504

>>7101325
Because it's true. Men don't get questioned at conventions whether or not they're true nerds, because apparently "you went through more".
The anecdote was just that. Something to remind your sheltered selves that there were girls right there with you.

>> No.7103526

>>7103012
Why in god's name would you think a con would be the best place to get laid? Go to a bar and pick up some drunk slut! Look at the Craigs list personals!

>> No.7103900

>>7103526
Your reading comprehension is shit

>> No.7103967

>>7103526
The point is that girls that go to conventions are much easier than normal / regular girls. All you have to do is get close to them and Alpha them up, and they'll be riding your dick in no time.

>> No.7103993

>>7103526
Even I would say its easier to get laid there than at normal places.

>> No.7104323

I spent 3 weeks making a cosplay for a friend for group cosplay purposes. The con rolls around and I go to get food and come back to her explaining how /she/ made it. I was a little peeved.

>> No.7104433

I have the worst man face and crossplay as guys all the time. I didn't know this existed until just now.

I want to be quizzed too, guys.

>> No.7104672

>>7104433
I bet you still have had more than 6 boyfriends.

>> No.7105647

>>7104672
Aw, thank you anon. I'm flattered.

>> No.7105670

>>7105647
Well go get cumguzzled then.

>> No.7106554

>>7095213
your contribution is that this isn't a new thing, and some guys still have a problem sharing the things they like with others on the basis of gender, as here we are 15 years later and this shit is still a thing... what's so hard about letting the blood flow to your brain instead?

>>7102433
exactly this, assuming assumptions and implying implications will be the death of us if we don't cut shit out like this soon...

>>7102165
>>7103248
yeah, dood, stop giving stoners a bad name, like we don't catch enough shit from morally upright america as it is...

>>7095182
i'mma have to add you at some point, i keep forgetting to use my account due to a spazzy connection, but what are friendly matches for, right?

>>7094389
>>7094402
those guys sounded like punk bitches, don't let their bullshit get you down, you know how much a fan you are, you don't need someone else's validation (though it is nice to be appreciated)

>>7092608
hell, i'm a fan of batman, but i don't know every single arc of everything ever, and i don't think i know all of the robins (5 by my count, tho i could be wrong, considering there's alternate universes and continuities i haven't read)
but asking about marvel when you're in a dc outfit screams "asshole attack incoming" to me, tho...

>>7093945
i've got a friend trying to pull me into the fandom and making me read all these b.s. pesterlogs and random shit, and i'm all like, this story is old as time itself and it's not even a well thought out execution of it, the pacing is shit, and most of the cast is unlikable... sorry, bro, i don't hate myself enough for to walk down that path...

>>7092591
flipping the tables on a sitch like this feels great, no matter the setting; acting like a dumbass should have consequences...

>>7092574
yeah, something about vidya that brings out the rainman in peeps; although props for being able to sift thru the storyline, the only other series i know that has such a tangled narrative are the castlevania's...

>> No.7107577

lol this thread is STILL going on

all of this outrage over another fat bitch starving for dick and attention

>> No.7108097

>>7107577
>implying that's not the entire /cgl/

>> No.7108580

lol op, you shoulda just set her on fire

>> No.7109146

>>7090281
>The liar's
>liar's
>liar'S
UNBELIEVABLE

>> No.7109174

>>7090284
DAMMIT PHOTO MAKE THE COMIC LESS FUZZY

I'm trying as hard as I can to guess at what Superman story this is.

... I think ... maybe that's Zod there with superman?
... New Krypton? idk

>> No.7109176
File: 380 KB, 1024x1503, Fanboy06-07.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7095213
your comic image reminded me of this comic image

sorry if it doesn't feel as to be "on topic"
but ... fuck it I just LOVE this page

>> No.7109184

>>7090650
>>7090808
Yeah I don't really think it's for "sexual" attention, just general attention. The just want to act as if they're ~*~not like other girls~*~ It's true that it's annoying to be tested on your knowledge on a certain series because you have a vagina but some girls really do fake it and call them selves nerds ever since this whole fandom/geeky boom kind of happened. But it doesn't bother me. If anything I feel bad that a person has to go out of their way to show their unreal passion for something for attention.

>> No.7109260

lol people like this are pathetic as fuck.

fucking go get a life and stay the fuck out of peoples interests, no one wants you fake bastard bitches

>> No.7109271

Ok, so I might a bit unique on this one.

I have never lied about what I have made. I have misspoken a few times before (such as saying yes to having made patterns, etc because I thought they had asked something else.) But I normally correct myself when I realize what I've done.

As to liking a series or fandom I've never seen nor read. Yes, and I'll explain why.
I have a normal 9 to 5 job, that is not normally 9 to 5 (8 to 6, 7 even later at times.) From that I have home duties, such as being a boyfriend/fiance to my future wife, being friends with my roommates and in the end trying to be a half way decent person.
After all this I normally stay up untill 5 in the morning due to insomnia working on things (cosplay, props etc.) This pretty much screws any chance of reading I have, so most stories I have to read summaries of (wiki and tvtropes are a good source of detail in byte sized pieces.)

As for watching anime while I work, I haven't seen an anime I liked in years. I think being 27 I just can no longer relate to the angsty, drama fueled pretentious shit that I used to when I was 15 felt like I knew everything.

So instead I throw a shitty horror movie on netflix so I can work and go about my day.

As to why I learn about things I've never read? 1) I love knowledge, period. Doesn't matter if it's pop culture fact or studies about race relations in the southern US, I want to know.
2) So I can keep up in conversations and know what others are talking about.

Just because a person hasn't seen the series or their not a "True Fan" doesn't mean they can't like character/costume/mechanical/armor design of a character or prop.

That my two cents, well maybe quarter...
Take it or leave it, I feel less connected with the cosplay community these days anyway.

>> No.7109273

>>7109271
what the fuck was the point of this post

>> No.7109285

>>7109273
to give a perspective of the people who cosplay from things they havent seen, or learn about it and have never watched or read said material.

>> No.7109819

>>7109271
it's not about that.

it's about people (girls especially) doing that shit with no prior history in geek culture for the sake of fitting in and getting attention because they have low self esteem.

>> No.7109822

fuck these attention hungry whores sticking their tits out for fucking popularity contests (cosplay contests)

bitches like this make me feel murderous

>> No.7109853

>>7109273
Neckbeard trying to justify his misogyny.

>> No.7109885

>>7109819
Sorry, but if these females didn't have any interest in this shit, they wouldn't be at the convention.
You act like conventions are some mystical and ultra-popular event where slutty girls can come to get attention.
Hate to break it to you, but sluts can get attention anywhere without wearing a costume. Most females, whores or not, at conventions are obsessed with some type of anime (albeit, the anime is usually shitty) even if they have no idea what they're dressed up as.
So considering it's an anime convention, I don't give a flying fuck if they don't know what a Zelda is. They're still fans of something.

Go to a Star Trek convention and then bitch about fake girls - at least that's a specific fandom.

>> No.7109895

>>7109819
I know plenty normal females that were closet anime fans growing up. They wouldn't have been caught dead at conventions, but now that it's becoming more popular they're willing to go.
Doesn't make them any less nerdy or geeky because they had the ability to hide their power level while you were being an autist.

>> No.7109912

>>7109895

I think people tend to forget that anime is just Japanese animation. Most people have watched a cartoon from Japan. And a lot of people like one or two cartoons from Japan. And since anime conventions are celebration of cartoons from Japan, the chances are high that everyone at the convention has watched or been a fan of some cartoon from Japan.
Now that these cartoons from Japan are more available to us via means other than just old VHS tapes from blockbuster, it also means more people are going to see and enjoy one of the many mystical cartoons from Japan.

I don't understand why that's so hard to grasp. It's becoming more popular; get over it or find a new fandom.

>> No.7111006

>>7109912
>>7109885

ok. dont come crying to the boards when a fake bitch fools you, you fall hard, and then decides she's over pretending to like some shit and becomes a fucking totally different person.

marry the fake bitches. give em ur money. let em use you til they decide to bandwagon jersey shore n leave you for a guido.

>> No.7111007

>>7109885
also

these aren't normal sluts. these are reject sluts. otherwise they'd be slutting it up in a club.

>> No.7111157

>>7109285
If you cosplay shit you don't watch then you're fucking trash, nobody needs to read your "reasoning".

>> No.7111174

>>7111006
lol
you know cgl is a taco party, right?

>> No.7111230

>>7111174
?

>> No.7111313

>>7111230
It's funny because most guys don't even think this way about females, even the slutty ones.
Most of the complaints about whores and liars are other females.

>> No.7111320

>>7111313
????

>> No.7111351

>>7111320
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.7111369

>>7111351
???

>> No.7111399

OP youare stupid

all women is lie

islam is only answer

>> No.7112514

>>7111174
there are a few sausages

>> No.7112519

so, in other words, and to conclude, the fake cosplayer in question above is to be shunned and discredited.

all in favor of ostracizing said fake bitch ass bitch from the cosplay community, say eye.

EYYYYEREEKisisbd

and it's done. she's a fucking lying whore.

>> No.7113146

>>7111399
fuck islam

yeezus is the only one

>> No.7113170

>>7112514
Confirming

>> No.7113448

>>7111157
agreed

>> No.7114259

>>7112519