[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 1017 KB, 848x900, 1356593984044.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7081300 No.7081300 [Reply] [Original]

I need it, you need it

somebody or something is pissing you off today and you can let it all out right now

i'll start

>that one friend who is a massive bandwagoner
>hops on the newest tumblr trend without even batting an eyelash
>always sticks to the stupidest trends, ie: flower crowns, doctor who shit, homestuck au bullshit nobody cares about
>recently got into attack on titan after claiming she didnt want to watch it, now she lives, breathes and sleeps revolving around it
>massive fucking hypocrite
>pulls the whole "I'VE LIKED THIS ALL ALONG" bullshit and claims to want to marry eren or something idfk anymore
>doesnt take care of herself and claims to "want to diet for (maybe an aot ??) cosplay" but then 2 days later posts shit about eating 2 pizzas because she was majorly hungry or something
>bitch, your left love handle could feed an entire african family for weeks
>bitches about it to me constantly that she feels too fat to do cosplays
>ignores my weightloss tips and gym advice and cosplays "pretty boys" with flower crowns when she looks like a fat mexican hooker

>> No.7081328

>Group meet up to discuss con plans for the year.
>Dude that's a jerk and asshole deciding to suddenly join and come along with us.
>Brags to his friend later about how he's gonna totally bang my best friend at the cons.
>Friend fucking hates him.
>I fucking hate him.
>Keeps pestering me about helping him with his cosplay and asking me repeatedly about events and when we're going.
>Kill me.

>> No.7081342

>making cosplay that hasn't been done very often
>see someone on /cgl/ is making the same thing and looking for advice
>try to start conversation and bounce ideas off them, tell them my plans and what I've accomplished so far and whether the method worked or not
>was a total cunt back to me
>says my methods are 'shitty' and will 'look like a trainwreck' and that it was very obvious I didn't know what I was doing
>stung by it, but maybe they're right, I've only been doing this a couple years and it is my first armour cosplay

>later see what can only be their costume as it's the only other one from summer 2013 other than mine and it names the same techniques anon mentioned in the thread
>It looks like complete shit.

Made my goddamn day. You didn't have to be such a bitch anon, we could have helped each other. Mine was far from perfect too but at least it didn't come out looking like that.

>> No.7081373

>have a friend who doesn't cosplay
>she finds out about some cosplay plans of mine
>she send me loads of crappy tutorials from deviantart
>gives me 'advice' on how to make certain things which are obviously from these terrible tutorials because she's never made anything craft-like in her life
>always claims to be an expert because she spends 16 hours a day on the internet and has seen 'all the tutorials'
>other friends who are cosplay newbies will listen to her and follow these terrible ideas

ARGH.

>> No.7081384

>>7081373
Dear god are you me?

>spend tons of time researching methods to try
>try a bunch to find what works best
>find one I like that seems to work, and looks good
>Friends all say that my way is stupid and go back to their shitty old ways
>looks like garbage
>takes longer
>harder to do

I'll never understand.

>> No.7081399

>panelist in late night 18+ panel
>con staff moderator never shows
>have two panelists also part of staff, just plain info booth folks
>sit there while the panel gets rowdy
>they sit there too
>never step in to stop things
>no con rules were broken, just very loud and obnoxious crowd
>I have a panic attack after it's done from the noise, run out of room to calm down in a corner
>don't make it very far, come around to people standing around me talking about how I have "issues"
>haven't told anyone but my roomies about my PTSD because why would they need to know
>get home from con and the info booth staff panelist is saying I was "drugged"
>forces the con to search the room panel was in, tries to track down everyone who participated
>She says she 'cares for me' and I'm being 'immature' when I tell her to cut the shit and leave me out
> mfw I have to email the con head to get her to stop the bullshit

I am still shaking and it's been 3 days... what the fuck is that girl's problem man.

>> No.7081423

>>7081342

Now I'm curious. What costume?

>> No.7081426

>>7081384
I don't get it either, anon. It frustrates me that people can be so delusional about these things. Just because someone arranged their progress photos nicely, has a fancy camera, and knows how to apply filters does not mean that their end product is good.

>> No.7081429

>>7081342
I'm curious. Dont tell me the costume...tell me methods. I went all over the damn archive and nothing came up

>> No.7081443

>>7081426
This. I see all these amazing progress shots and then when I see the final costume it's like somewhere between making it and wearing it they threw it in a blender.

>> No.7081448
File: 304 KB, 800x559, flowercrown5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7081300
Flower crowns are a new trend? I had no idea I have been making those things since I was a little girl, all my friends would always beg me to make one for them but every time I tried to teach them how to do in on there own they would tell me they only wanted me to do it for them.

>> No.7081455

>>7081399
shut up.

>> No.7081475

>>7081300
>friends bitch about how they don't like anime and how they think all anime is dumb
>never stop talking about attack on titan when it comes out
>one never stops complaining about objectifying women yet does nothing but post ships of the two pacific rim scientists or iron man/hulk

>> No.7081483

>dating a well known tumblr cosplayer
>am around the same skill level but more quiet
>always meet people at conventions together
>partner is more chatty and networks quickly
>tfw you realize most of your "friends" dont recognize you when your partner isnt around

feels shitty, man. like im only worth remembering as so-as-so's girlfriend

>> No.7081503

>>7081483
God, this happens to me every time. It makes me want to avoid dating any social butterlies. I'd love to be the popular one for once.

>> No.7081501

>>7081448
its some dumbass tumblr thing. dont ask

>> No.7081514
File: 117 KB, 640x480, 1355379070792.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My worst enemy right now is my periods. Whenever I seem to be on lately I just feel like everything I do is really shitty and feel like deleting and stopping everything. Also I am 90% sure I have someone with a vendetta against me who keeps on trying to insult me. I don't even know who I pissed off for them to do this.

>> No.7081534

>work backstage at a few events
>95% of the people are complete shitlords
>drama carries over in to real life
>pedophiles openly bragging about their underage gfs
>talentless drug lords pushing their bad attitudes on everyone
>annoying girls who are entitled without doing any work
>everyone wants to be the superstar of everything done
>"friends" who just shit talk and don't do anything and make a living off being huge pieces of shit

fucking kill me i'm so exhausted of it all i just want to run good events and it's such a fucking mess

>> No.7081642
File: 922 KB, 500x281, 1335988144707.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have mad crush on girl
>girl is straight
>okay get the fuck over this self, it cant happen
>finally getting over it
>girl: so i think im bi!
>FUCK.
>fall even harder, vidchat with her, voicechat with her, shes too cute!
>has honestly never liked someone as badly as I like her.
>can't confess because i cant ruin this friendship, stuck in this rut waiting for something that will never happen.

feels bad man.

>> No.7081671

>>7081642
who cares, whore

>> No.7081678
File: 47 KB, 549x360, batmanaflame.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>first time at this con
>friend who has a habit of bitching and moaning brings a new friend to the con who bitches and moans along with her - x2
>the bitching and moaning is a neverending cycle, even when she is at fault, she complains about the con for being so fucking horrible
>go through some shit at the con that actually gives me a right to bitch, but don't, and she somehow keeps going on expecting a pity party all weekend over her feet hurting and other trivial little shit as if the world revolves around her

I'm too old for this sort of teenage-maturity.

>> No.7081765
File: 416 KB, 502x683, 1308942193429.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>help mod a lolita art group a few months ago
>jesus christ so much shit to filter out
>one girl gets massively butthurt when we don't accept her drawing
>feel bad, try to be helpful and suggest small changes she can make so it'll pass
>she begrudgingly edits it
>still sorta iffy silhouette, but hey she tried
>accept it
>she gets even more butthurt "you didn't accept this the first time JUST because of these stupid small things??!"
>shits all over me, removes all her drawings, writes about leaving the internet for awhile, hints at suicide and depression
>what the actual fuck
>today find her tumblr
>draws tons of hamsteak characters in lolita dresses
>frequently posts about how mean and elitist all lolitas are and that there are "too many dumb rules"
>uses ero-lolita as 'proof' that lolita skirts can be mini-length, and old school as 'proof' that you don't ever need blouses or petticoats

sigh

>> No.7081822

>Best friend from four hours away now goes to same university as me
>Want to spend lots of time with her, because it's been almost a year
>Nothing to do in the town besides drugs, so we just kind of sit around and draw, talk, dick around, etc.
>Roommate always wants to come along, and won't take no for an answer. Will actually follow us around.

SHE IS A COMPLETE FUCKING WEEB. She's loud, obnoxious, obsessed with yaoi, tits, and pretends she's a hardcore gamer, when the only game she plays is minecraft on creative, where she runs around punching trees and building square houses. One of us mentions a game, anime, ANYTHING, and she immediately spazzes out like she's the world's biggest fan.

She's also a vegan. She won't put her food in the same fridge, because there's meat in there, so TWO minifridges had to be bought instead of sharing one. She WILL use the same microwave. All of my wat.

She sets her alarm for 7 AM. SHe has no classes till 10. The alarm then goes off, waking everyone BUT her, until she finally drags her ass out of bed at 9.

She stays up until 2 AM loudly video chatting with her boyfriend. She will not turn off the lights OR shut up OR leave the room no matter what.

Oh my god, I'm going to kill her.

>> No.7081898

>move house for 5th time in a year (for the second time with boyfriend)
>have been having troubles for awhile, excited to have a chance to start anew
>creepy neighbour in apartment next door starts creeping on me and tries to kiss me, tries to come over whenever boyfriend is at work
>i reject him
>he tries to get "revenge" by saying we're noisy (we're not) and that he is going to get us kicked out
>knocks on all our neighbours' doors and tells neighbours that my boyfriend is abusive towards me
>more threats and racist comments to my asian boyfriend
>he is super noisy until 5 AM numerous times, tells us to "fuck off" yet bashes on our wall with all his might if we whisper at 9 PM
>contact landlord, they say he's full of it and will help
>they say that he has lied to us about many things (he said he owned his apartment and that he had called them, etc)
>he comes over again and threatens my boyfriend, saying things like that he'll cut his head off, put it in a box and send it to china
>contact police, they laugh and don't take it seriously
>they talk go to talk to him
>he lies and denies it all
>gets his pal who lives in the apartment block to tell the police that we're noisy and horrible neighbours
>have to move again for the 6th time
>relationship with boyfriend is even more strained

I'm so sick of this shit, ughhh. I probably left a lot of details out too.

>> No.7081935

>>7081765
links please

>> No.7081930

>>7081822
>She's also a vegan. She won't put her food in the same fridge, because there's meat in there, so TWO minifridges had to be bought instead of sharing one. She WILL use the same microwave. All of my wat.

Coming from a vegan, just assuring you that you are correct that she is a complete fucking moron.

>> No.7082029
File: 3 KB, 185x104, 1319788491344.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friend is a poorfag
>can never talk about anything nice because something horrible happened to her that day
>can never talk about anything I've bought or made because she has no money and doesn't want to hear about it
>mention that neighbors fought all night and didn't get any sleep one day
>"PFFFFFT You think thats hard? I haven't been able to sleep in my own bed for WEEKS! So dont come at me with that bullshit"
>ask why
>find out shes been fostering fuck knows how many feral cats and put them all in her room
>complain they've ruined everything and scratched her arms and legs to hell
>suggest putting the cats outside since they were feral to begin with or drop them off at the humane society
>ANON THEY'LL JUST KILL THEM AND I'M NOT PUTTING THEM OUTSIDE THEY'LL DIE
>mfw

>> No.7082031
File: 184 KB, 500x375, buggy whut.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>been hanging out with a guy friend
>he keeps telling me how he's been treated like crap by his two lesbian room mates (also two of my friends)
>let him vent and be his emotional support
>friendship with two chicks becomes strained because of this
>recently have talk with two chicks while guy friend was at work
>turns out he was lying all along; he's been a real crap fest to them
>he wont clean unless they remind him to do it
>they encourage him to exercise when he complains about his body but he never does
>has no car, license, or permit but is too lazy to start saving up to get either
>wont take constructive criticism, cant handle jokes of any kind regardless of the subject
>hellbent on getting me back even though Ive expressed interest in other guys multiple times
>too afraid to tell him off because he regularly jumps to extremes and Im afraid he'll pull some suicidal stunt

>> No.7082065

>sexy genderbend cosplays
>sexy burlesque genderbend cosplays
>sexy burlesque steampunk genderbend cosplays
>sexy burlesque lolita genderbend cosplays
there is nothing that looks trashier or more attention-whorey. stop mashing all of the things you like into one shitty pile of terrible-looking. i like steak and ice cream, but i don't have to mash them together to enjoy them at their fullest.

and yes, i am guilty of doing this once, so i know how stupid it looks/is and the exact reasoning for it.

>> No.7082089

>>7081671
People have feelings. Eat shit.

>> No.7082093

>>7082029
your friend is an idiot. feral cats have to live outside, they've adapted to it(that's what feral fucking means) and they're only going to ruin her shit even further.
sever.

>> No.7082112

>That friend who thinks he or she doesn't need a wig for their cosplay.
Sorry brother, but it will make your cosplay a little bit better if you wore a wig.

>TFW you're not a venting person
I don't really get upset over trivial shit so...

>> No.7082155

>>7081671
Calm the fuck down.

>>7081642
Drop her, drop her like the hottest potatoes. All this spells is pain and doom. Trust me.

>>7082029
Don't put up with this shit. Tell her off, stop giving her advice or trying to make her feel better cause she's just disregarding what you say.

>> No.7082238

>>7081503
It happens to me as well.
>that fucking feel...

>> No.7082438
File: 43 KB, 848x480, poor-akari-again.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>constantly try to get my boyfriend to watch a series with me
>"I'll get to it eventually"
>his friend starts watching it so he does
>not that bad except when it is an anime that ended terribly for me
>the worst was SAO, him and his friend were crying manly tears about the second game and loved his sister
>second game was awful and ruined the show for me and I wanted to kill his little sister the entire time jesus christ what a whiny bitch
>had to sit through an entire month of them talking about how deep and amazing SAO was and how his sister was the best and who gives a shit about Asuna you didn't spend all this time of waiting for each episode to release for them to finally be together only to have to listen to his sister whine for like 10 fucking episodes god damnit
I think what makes me most mad is that he won't trust my opinion on anime (or anything else for that matter) when I tell him it's good, but only when his friends tell him it's good even when it's the exact same shit.

>> No.7082455

>>7082093
Not quite true. I used to live on a farm with many feral cats. It takes literally most of their lives in order to calm down (the last living cat from the 20+ feral cats I had is now 17) and she only started getting tame about five or six years ago? And by started, I mean it would be she would actually come inside once a week.

It's definitely not an overnight fix, but it's possible to domesticate a feral cat. This girl is just stupid, though.

>> No.7082461

>>7082455
Feral cats are already domesticated. A domestic animal is an animal that has been changed on a genetic level from selective breeding by humans over many generations. They're simply not tame due to not having proper socialization with humans.

This is true, though, feral cats can become tame with patience, though most will always remain a little neurotic. You have to tailor your approach to the individual cat, too. Some need a lot of attention, some need to be ignored. One feral is a lot to handle, nevermind a whole room full.

Sage for /an/ faggotry.

>> No.7082466

>>7082029
My mum has taken a couple in, one is great because we nursed her back to health. The other two, taken in recently, I think just need neutering. They are only allowed in part of the house and have been friendly with my mum for months. And they're litter trained.

How stupid is this girl? It sounds like she's letting them roam around.

>> No.7082469

>>7082461
Ah, sorry, yes. I was tailoring the way I spoke since most people think feral means the opposite of domestic.

>> No.7082497

>Take a friend to a con on the other side of the state.
>Was only able to get Friday and Sunday tickets since it sold out completely on Saturday a few hours before I got my paycheck.
>Whatever we go and wake up a little late on Friday. About ten.
>Friend insists I help her with her costume.
>It's not staying on and friend is literally crying about the safetypins snapping.
>Calling her mom to cry about it.
>Wasting all day of the con.
>It's 12:30, have a photo-op at two and I haven't even gotten dressed because my friend keeps bothering me.
>Get dressed and practically force her out the door.
>Whole time bitching and complaining because we ditched a part of her costume and she 'looks like shit' and GOD FORBID everyone and their mother is taking her picture.
>Get back after con ends (around six-- missed almost the whole day), friends and I decide to have a quick change and go to the bar.
>Friend decides to take an hour to fix her hair and makeup.
>Bar we want to go to is on the other side of town.
>Saturday another friend and I ditch the other two because they were taking about an hour already.
>On the way back on Monday, friend keeps bitching about things such as the food, how long it's taking. It's just her and I and it's getting really tiring really quick.
>Stop in another city and take a long nap. She wakes up saying she wants to eat, it's late and she insists on delivery but no where is fucking delivering that she's in the mood for and she doesn't want to go out because she'd ~HAVE~ to do her makeup.
>Force her out and she ends up crying because of it.
>Ends up having the best veggie burger she ever had, doesn't apologize.
>Instead starts crying about how much she hates being codependent.
>Get home, don't talk to her for weeks.

>Another con rolls around, we've made up and it's all good.
>Don't see her much of the con, hasn't really said anything to me.
>Texts me late on Friday asking if I was there. Was at dinner and text her back later. No response.

>> No.7082496

> ex-friend. (ex cuz they act 13 - no money or time management skills, has public hysterical fits if they miss a con or can't be in a group).
> typical tumblr "activist", gets offended at everything and reblogs all the ~IMPORTANT ISSUES~
> never does any real-life activism outside of tumblr or loudly complaining about people who disagree with them, spends all irl time and money on themselves (clothes/cosplay etc), pulls out the psuedo-feminist "BUT IT'S OKAAAAY TO HAVE HOBBIES/TREAT YOURSELF/WANT ATTENTION AND BLEEHHH LOTS OF POLITICAL ACTION COMES FROM EVERYDAY DIALOGUE ANYWAYS!!!!!1" routine when called out on being a greedy shit
> elitist as fuck, backstabs people in order to always been seen with the most attractive and popular people possible but if anyone does shit to them, BOO HOO MY LIFES SO HARD
> this would all be mildly annoying at worst but
> they also have the fucking audacity to run around preaching "BAD ATTITUDES RUIN COSPLAY, YOU GUYS."
> nobody even notices the hypocrisy

>> No.7082508

>>7082497

>See her the next day, other friends say she's gotten really upset at them because they had to leave early.
>Uh whatever that's weird.
>She completely ignores them and only talks to me.
>See her a little bit at night but she pretty much ignores me.
>Don't see her the rest of the con and that's alright.
>See a post from her whining on Facebook about how much the con sucked and how she never wants to go back and how it was all her friend's fault (we were the only three who she knew was going) because we didn't show her around.
>A friend says she offered to show her around, was ignored.
>Was personally ignored by her both via text and in person.
>Other friend wasn't contacted by her since they had gotten upset she had to go to a meeting at work.

Like seriously. The con we were at was pretty hands on, too. There were a million things to do and a bunch of her friends ended up going as she later found out.

>> No.7082510

>am cosplayer
>browsing /cgl/ while depressed
>trying to convince myself these are not all about me
>even the ones that can't actually be about me for reasons of different facts or me not actually having that problem
>paranoia level max

>> No.7082524
File: 188 KB, 500x307, tumblr_mkuulmBCCQ1r7l4g1o1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> work well with current photographer but they're also a bit of an idiot: in exchange for processing photos from my own shoot with him I got to choose which ones went up, I send them back to him and he ends up ignoring over half my choices and putting up raws.
> dude has no quality control, spews photos up on tumblr and devart and hopes people will see them, claims we'll do out of state cons once he's popular
> plan for popularity involves using shoots with cute girls as opportunity to flirt with them
> uhhh sure ok whatever you say bro
> politely trying to find other people to work with in my area: other photogs I know of consist of 1 or 2 pros who charge and I can't afford them, 2 guys who are retiring from cosplay photography, 1 guy who I have a secret but hueg vendetta against due to being a dick to me in the past, 2 other people who are too busy with IRL commitments and work to keep up with photos and whole slew of people I don't know and not sure how to approach.
> tfw I have no idea what to even do anymore

>> No.7082541

>getting into lolita
>my dream dress is found for a reasonable price literally the day i finish up next month's budget
>no room for it in budget and about to move so can't spare expenses
>feel like the worst piece of shit because i have to back out on two buys because of emergency health expense

I'm worried I'm going to end up in this thread as a bad buyer, but I literally had to choose between a lolita skirt and eating next month. Still feel guilty.

>> No.7082558

>Making a budget with the boyfriend
>We have a debt problem
>See also: he has no idea about this money business
>parents offer to help while boyfriend has no job
>I right up a detailed budget outlining expenses and request an emergency fund to help with shit we can't foresee
>Boyfriend can't understand why I have broken down some bills that we pay yearly/every 6 months into small sums that we would put aside every month so when they come up we have the money in savings..
>thinks it should just come from the emergency fund
>That is not what an emergency is?
>He freaks the fuck out, claims I am changing the definition of the very word emergency, whats the point of setting aside these small amounts of money I don't understand
>what is addition?
>I am so fucking done

sage, because this is not /cgl/ related but fuck I needed to vent.

>> No.7082566

>>7082541
If your problems are legitimate, and you were upfront about them, there's no need to feel guilty.

>> No.7082569

>>7081300
>being hipster about attack on titan

wtf
its shit

>> No.7082579

>had best friend since middle school
>went to different high schools, grew distant
>fast forward to two months ago, wanted to see friend one last time this summer before going to college
>friend is too busy "sleeping" to hang out with me
>gets mad, friend gets mad that im mad
>bitch who needs you
>gets to college
>dorm neighbors into anime, try to become friends
>clearly not interested
>tries to patch things up with ex-best friend
>no response
>goes to anime club to try to make friends
>doesnt work
>making friends is way too damn difficult :'(

>> No.7082585
File: 68 KB, 836x850, 1333999307350.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>people who don't seal face/body paint
>people who don't reapply paint (and sealer) when having pictures of themselves taken (even just in the splotchy areas)
jesus DICKS

>> No.7082608

> Boyfriend and I born four days apart.
> Both turned 21 this year.
> Me, wanting to buy him something special buys him a snowboard with my braundo savings.
> $500, told him about it, he knew it was happening promises me something awesome for mine and that on the day we'd go out for a picnic (Or swimming).
> Nope.
> Boyfriend buys me a $20 handbag from a storeenvy reseller, and a few cheap pairs of stockings.
> Takes me to the mall for birthday, maybe he'll buy me something now.
> Buys me a $5 salad.
> Doesn't even offer to pay for grocerys.
> End up using my birthday cash from my nan to pay for food.
> Eats half my weeks worth of food in one day.
> Find out today that as soon as I bought him the snowboard he booked in a four day snowboarding trip for this coming weekend, and he didn't want to spend anything because he still hasn't bought accommodation.
> I'm pretty pissed, starving and feel like he owes me a picnic.

>> No.7082611

>>7082579
I'd be your friend but I'm from a tiny area in Australia.

>> No.7082617

>>7082558
I can sympathise anon. My boyfriend is also terrible with money. I think once he's finished university and gets a full time job I'm going to have to delegate him "pocket money" so he doesn't just blow all his money away - he has no clue how to save or spend money wisely.

>> No.7082641

>>7082608
let that be a lesson to you
Never get expensive gifts
I know you meant it as a nice gesture as much as possible but now look you have rooted hated for the guy now
Granted that is shit on his part.
remember well

>> No.7082643

>have a falling out with a friend about a year ago
>hear she's planning on going to a local con
>secretly hope that her cosplays look terrible and she gets posted on /cgl/

God, I sound so petty but she makes me so mad. She stole some of my cosplay shit and never gave it back out of spite.

>> No.7082652

>>7082510
you don't even have to think they're about you, just that you're the sort of person one of these stories would be about. whenever a thread like this pops up on any 4chan board I always think a story could be written me, but I've always thought I bumbled through life fairly innocuously, and pointed out and apologised for my faults fairly quickly to people.

its not paranoia, just intense self hatred and it will never ever go away.

>> No.7082653

>>7082643
Well if she's a bitch to you then it's probably likely that she's a bitch to other people, so it's possible she'll end up here if not now sometime soon.

>> No.7082654
File: 215 KB, 640x480, 1285248539234.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>reblog photoset art of big bulky dudes and teeny chicks. nothing sexual going on at all, general fluff. most of the "dudes" are cyborg/robot looking anyway.
>unnecessary comment at the bottom of it mentions that they like "suggested romances" between things like this.
>brush it off because nbd its tumblr.
>significant other tells me through messenger about the photoset, and that she doesn't think its ever cute/charming seeing bigger dudes with young looking chicks because it reminds them of pedos.
>give neutral response because what else do i say?
>follows up that he reads a lot of crime cases with this scenario and seeing romance included in with the set bothered them.
>give another neutral response, but now im annoyed because she knows i like the aesthetic, and the damn set wasn't even sexual wtf?
>try not to engage in conversation until i cool off, but S.O. keeps wanting to know what's wrong.
>finally unload and explain why im a little annoyed.
>S.O. goes into this tangent of saying she thought it was harmless until she saw the comment, and then thought about the set different, and she's training to become a cop, so now she has to look at things like this critically.
>it's a fucking photoset on tumblr with some idiot teen's comment on it, what is there to be suspicious of?
>proceed to have really stupid argument that i knew would happen and was trying to avoid.
>S.O. saying things like "ill try not to say opinions about art to you again" and "my opinions always upset you" "you may not/might not understand where im coming from/see my perspective" but eventually gives up because "nothing i say seems to be able to justify my opinion."
>S.O. repeatedly trying to tell me she needs to go to bed after each time I reply. Eventually signs off in a huff.
>Mfw what the fuck just happened.
>Mfw how did I go from being the one that's annoyed to you being the one that's annoyed.

I'm not even mad anymore, I'm just really confused.

>> No.7082656
File: 78 KB, 500x586, christ how horrifying.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7081475

>> No.7082666

>basic lewl tumblr fads suck shit etc. etc.
>do not understand why so much bullshit passes through my dash
>usually ignore the blatantly fictious shit and move on
>get a nagging suspicion most of these "women's rights advocates" are pissed off 11 year olds whose mum won't let them wear the newest grunge shit
>literally none of them understand feminism and spread disinfo
>idiots keep reblogging their bullshit
>why

>> No.7082676

>>7082608
>grocerys.
>>grocerys.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>grocerys.

didn't even read on, if you can't in2 simple grammar, being this naive wouldn't suprise me, it goes hand in hand.

>> No.7082689

>>7081514
welcome to my life 24/7

Paranoia really take it's toll after a while.

>> No.7082692

>>7082654
Dump her. Immediately.

>> No.7082697

>>7081642
Alcohol if nothing happens blame it because why the fuck not

>> No.7082716
File: 3 KB, 223x176, 1373876939702.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7081642
>have mad crush on girl who goes to my university
>she seems really interested in me
>summer happens, we don't talk for a while
>she didn't think I was interested even despite our friends poking fun at us over it a lot
>we both have to deal with a lot of shit with the university over the summer, end up hanging out a lot
>fall even harder for her, parents love her, things look good
>"anon you're way too good for me", is 100% serious
>tells me she has commitment issues, comes out as bi, says she wants to try dating girls
>is adding all these skanky-looking lesbians on her facebook
>still hangs around me, keeps going back and forth between "I dunno if I want a relationship" and "OMG ANON I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE SO CUTE"
>she's also really sexually repressed and a bit of a tease (makes lots and LOTS of sex jokes, kept calling me "dirty boy" when I talked about showering, but basically said she won't have sex before marriage)

I'm starting to wonder if she's afraid her parents will hate me since they have comically high standards (basically want marriage material) and just has tons of self-esteem issues. This is vaguely /cgl/ related because she wanted to go to a con with me so bad that she dragged me to a tiny little one in the area and all the dudes in the game room were following her around.
>mfw she doesn't get why anyone would be interested in her

sorry guys, I sorta just needed to vent about this a bit.

>> No.7082745

I have pretty bad cfs to the point where I can't do very much by myself, and so I get ESA money from the government seen as though I can't work. My family is pretty poor, the only reason we can afford to stay in this house is thanks to my dad extending child support until I'm 21, and using my ESA to pay for groceries and towards rent.
My mother lets me know this constantly. She is always worrying about money saying "I don't know what we're going to do...".
Then she also turns around and tells me how she wants me to get better so I can go back to school (which I had to drop out of due to not being well enough to go). If I got better I would lose the benefits and we wouldn't be ableto afford to live here. And so I can't. She tells me not to worry about the money, to try an expensive treatment program that isn't guarenteed to work. But I can't.
I'm also pretty underweight and I don't really like eating food, but I try my best to eat as much as I feel possible everyday. I eat until I feel sick everytime. And everytime my mother will look and say something like "what's wrong with that food", "you've hardly eaten anything, just eat a bit more". And I know she's just worried about me, but I can't physically eat any more.
This morning she came in to check in on me and said "Are you going to try to eat more today?". I already do that everday. I try my best. So what that felt like was "Your best isn't good enough. It's so bad I can't even tell you're trying."
I hate how skinny I am. I hate how you can see my spine and my ribs. I hate how pointy I am. All I want to do is put on weight. The fact that she thinks I don't care and am not trying really hurts.

Phew. Sorry it wasn't cosplay related, but I really needed to vent that. I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff.

>> No.7082753 [DELETED] 

>>7081300
whats ops pic from? keep seeing that dudesface everywhere
will delete uncontribuatory post after answered

>> No.7082755
File: 780 KB, 512x384, 56789.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be on happy pills, have just gotten out of a long string of therapy sessions, all that shit
>Meet guy, fall in love, he likes me too, fuq yes
>Stop taking pills cause I have a better medicine now
>We have a lot of cosplay and con plans together and everything is fucking perfect
>But not really, shit goes down, he's got 0 experience with feelings and ends up dumping me because my mood-swings, caused by him, are too much
>Want to at least stay friends with him, he agrees by ignoring me forever
>Engage anxiety mode, make everything 100x worse
>Lose all friends in progress, no longer got any reasons to attend cons or cosplay
>Friends now, but not really as things are still pretty shitty and he's, for good reasons, pissed at me forever now

>should have stayed on dem damn meds

A post dedicated to my own stupidity. You can call me a dumb whore now, anons, cause I fucking deserve it.

>> No.7082757

>>7082745
shit, that sucks. You in the UK then? Suerely you can find somewhere to live if you do get better?

>> No.7082758

>>7082753
It's Arino from Game center CX

>> No.7082773

>>7082745
Do you get Incapacity Benefit? If you go back to school and lose your ESA you may be able to claim income support or DLA. I'm not 100% on this because I don't know if CFS qualifies as a disability, but there are ways for you to do it and there's help out there, especially if you initially left education due to ill health. It may seem hopeless, but don't give up on your education, or your treatment.

It's good you see you're mother's just worried about you. Maybe you could talk to her and explain how you're trying and her comments aren't helping you? Putting on weight is hard at the best of times, and nobody can ask you to do any more than try.

I hope things work out for you, anon.

>> No.7082775

>>7082755
Please reactivate your facebook, I'm worried about you. Don't shut everyone out because of some shitty guy. Friends are worth more.

>> No.7082799

>roommate buys a bread machine
>delicious, inexpensive bread all day
>tasty, warm, smooth, rich, fresh out of the machine
>falls apart in your mouth, can make any kind of bread imaginable
>can't stop eating bread
>bread everywhere
>it is too good, bread toast toast bread
>so warm, so buttery
>my stomach is in so much pain but I can't stop eating bread for every meal
>grocery list is pretty much just flour and yeast
>delicious fresh bread to be made every day, programmed to finish when I wake up or come home from a class

My tummy hurts.
Also cosplay.

>> No.7082813

>>7082676
oh, go hose out your vagina.

>> No.7082819
File: 32 KB, 610x357, 1370621155947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7082799
>Bread machine

You mean an oven?

>> No.7082820

>be me, studying abroad for a whole year starting next month, so for the moment living 2 hours away from all my friends at school and boyfriend.
>going down this weekend to visit because it's my birthday weekend and I want to spend it with friends.
>Does laundry and saves all the nice clothes for this weekend, including underwear for fun times with bf. ho boy, can't wait.
>Gets period this morning.

I hate being a girl.

>> No.7082822
File: 125 KB, 1040x856, jea43_judge_digital_bread_maker_kitchen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7082819
They kind of are mini ovens, but really only for making bread. You just put the ingredients in, it mixes it up, proves it, and bakes it.

>> No.7082830
File: 34 KB, 279x446, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be at convention talking about cosplay plans
>Fandom hopper friend brings up shingeki no kyojin.
>"I'm gonna cosplay Mikasa! I'll be the best!! XDDDD"
>Ask "How are you going to make the 3DMG and the harnesses? You've never made props or sewn anything but one HS cosplay and it wasn't the best, you even said so yourself."
>"Well, I'm doing the training corps version! I don't need jackets or the props!!!!"
>She posts pictures of her "progress" all over Instagram and tumblr.
>They're shitty mirror selfies of her in white pants and brown Uggs/Some kind of weird boot.
I don't even feel bad. I really don't.

>> No.7082834

Which one of you girls wants a free boyfriend? :-)

>> No.7082856

>Go to Table Top Convention with live in boyfriend for first time
>Have an ok time but there wasn't much cosplay and pretty much only had like ten pictures taken ( we usually get anywhere between 20-150)
>It isn't local so we know no one there and pretty much everyone is older by a lot so there isn't much to say
>Leaving the con and all I can think about is that I really would rather attend our usual anime convention next year
> He keeps on going non stop that he's already going to take of the dates of the convention and that's he's super fucking excited
> Don't mind going again but will be completely devastated if I miss my regular con because of it.
>Don't know how to tell him because if I do he'll probably just flip shit at me

>> No.7082878

Can I just reply to everyone's vent stories all at once? Dealing with every one of these fucking things ALL AT THE SAME TIME has pushed me off the deep fucking end after about ten years of being mister all nice and quiet and respectful of others opinons.

and then they ALL fucking gang up on me the moment I fucking had enough of their bullshit. HEY LOOK AT THIS INTOLERANT ASSHOLE HERE GUYS. HE HATES US FOR NO REASON AT ALL SO LET'S GO SOCIAL JUSTICE ON HIM FOR LIKE, TOTALLY NOT PUTTING UP WITH OUR BULLSHIT.

>> No.7082882

>move to college, far away from old cosplay/animu friends
>have no idea how to talk to people, anxiety issues
>go to club fair to try to join a club
>cosplay club seems cool
>anime club seems cool
>LGBT club seems cool
>attend LGBT club, might as well be anime club
>tfw all of the cool people leave in the first 5 mins
>tfw some look cool, but when you talk to them you realize how weeby they are
>next day
>go to anime club
>leader seems cool, but attendees......
>band of weebs in back screaming how we aren't gonna watch dubs
>group of weebs argues with another group of weebs over 'subs vs. dubs'
>some people look or act sooooo fucking awkward omfg
>jfc

I'm going to keep attending them because I'm so desperate for friends. I met a few sweet people, but even they are still slightly weeby. Sigh.

>> No.7082885

>>7082878
u ok m8

>> No.7082888

>>7082608
dump his ass and find a man more on your level

>> No.7082891

>>7082755
I had something similar happen to me Anon. It turns out I never needed medication and my ex boyfriend was just extremely manipulative and emotionally abusive. Trust me, if you are having trouble coping with him and his shit get help with your therapist or psychologist. Also get as far away from him as you can, you may no longer have any friends if you do, but being alone is far better than that, trust me on this.

>> No.7082897

>Organizing a national meeting for BookCrossing (a book sharing website)
>It's me and two other girls
>Things are slow but we finally have everything almost ready
>One of them says she can't go because her sister is moving
>This moring, the other says she can't go because her sister is moving

So now I have to go all by myself to a different town carrying dozens of books and other material and pretty much organize everything that's left. I'm so stressed out I don't even know where to start.

>> No.7082901

>>7082888
When I saw your post I thought you were some SRS-tier shit, but damn, that kid really seems to be a douche

>> No.7082915

>>7082897
what town?

>> No.7082920

>>7082891
He's done a lot of emotional damage, but it's honestly not his fault. He wasn't ready for this, so he didn't know how to handle it and he did what he could. He is an extremely kind, down-to-earth guy and the last thing he wanted to do was hurt me. I feel terrible cause I know that this guy has felt trapped with me. We've both hurt each other and has been equally terrible and I absolutely despise myself for my recent behavior.
I am taking meds again now however, for him. Organic happy pills, so super expensive, but no side-effects. Should end well hopefully.

>> No.7082923

>>7082438
lord almighty do I know that feeling. It appears to me to just be human nature to ignore the advice or achievements of the people who are closer to us, even if they're the ones who know best or who we should appreciate the most.

As for SAO, I completely fucking agree. Game 2 was the most trite shit, with the exception of a few action scenes like Kirito dual wielding again. From what I've heard, Game 2 is where the second book took place, and right where the series started earning massive money, so that's probably why it turned to crap.

>> No.7082933

>>7082692
Lol if I dumped every chick I dated for being hyper sensitive I'd be alone forever. We're going on 5 years, and we've literally only had fights about dumb shit like this. It's just the dumb shit part I need to make stop somehow.

>> No.7082934

I've got a tale of a total shitlord:

>meet a dude at a con who likes the same things I do, has a decent sense of humor, and I can relate to
>friend eachother on facebook and talk a few times throughout the year
>next year at con we have a few plans to do things together in the game room
>he starts complaining to me via text about how AWWWWFUL this con is and doesn't meet his expectations
(realtalk, nothing was wrong with this convention, just the normal operations and mishaps that every con goes through like long lines and needing to print more schedules and things like that)
>he goes to gameroom before me and finds out the game we want to play doesn't have VS. Mode unlocked
>flips his SHIT at me over the phone saying how he's going to boycott this shitty convention and threatens to go around smashing their consoles and pinball tables.
>he leaves early and we never end up meeting up

>see him on con forum threads exaggerating about his awful experience.
>uses that tween social-justice-brigade argument style, things like "THE WALK FROM CON TO DEALER HALL WAS AWFUL, AND THE SIDEWALK OUTSIDE HAD TONS OF POTHOLES AND IT WAS COLD. WHAT IF SOMEBODY WAS IN A WHEELCHAIR AND GOT SICK OR HURT THEMSELVES? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE CON SHOULD COMPENSATE ME"
(dealer hall was in a seperate building from con, for clarification)
It's worth mentioning that every facebook post this dude ever made was either a 4chan meme, pony porn, or futanari pictures. He could not talk like an adult, only in memes. I SHIGGY DIGGY BRO.

>> No.7082943
File: 2.78 MB, 340x192, 1376167129928.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7082558
I had almost the same argument with my husband the other day after we redid the budget (we=I. I redid the budget) to account for his new job. He's not quite so money ignorant as to not understand the need for savings, but he didn't get why I separated the monthly payments and added them together to equal "amount of bills paid each paycheck". He gets paid every two weeks.
>mfw he turned 30 recently
>mfw I'd ask where his parents went wrong, but I actually know his parents and can see where the issues stem first-hand

>> No.7082962

>>7082915
Somewhere in Europe, it's about one hour away from where I live, but I can't take the car there because I'm afraid of the bridge that I need to cross.

I'm more upset about having to deal with tons of people that are already complaining that the information is late and I can't do anything about it. I feel like saying "if you don't like it, organize it yourself". I'm only doing this because everyone wanted to have a meeting and nobody else offered to do it...

>> No.7083083
File: 89 KB, 382x456, Screen shot 2013-09-04 at 1.43.51 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There was already a thread that lead to this topic but we got called 'vandetta-chans'
this Spencer Doe guys is suuuuch a douche

>> No.7083109

>>7081399
Dat Dragoncon Drama?

>> No.7083162

>>7082799
you are lucky as frick i want one

>> No.7083225
File: 527 KB, 814x540, 70oU4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I commisioned a wig from someone. Was supposed to be ready a week ago. Emailed them Saturday night, and no reply. I know they're a trustworthy seller BUT GODDAMN I WANT MY HAIR.

>> No.7083246

>>7082755
N-n-no! Y-you're not a whore! D-don't kill yourself! I am an ultimate Betamale, I'll gladly whiteknight you on the Internet and tell you you're pretty and incredibly valuable for this world hoping I'll get some sloppy seconds/thirds/fifths if it helps me get rid of my v-v-v-v-virgnityyyyy!

>> No.7083291

>>7082934
Cobo hall? If so, I think I read his whiny ass post and laughed over it. I almost responded, suggesting they install a zipline but then I realized folks might get mad.

>> No.7083319

>>7081898
Where do you live? If you want, I can revenge it up for you.

>> No.7083321

>>7083083

Honestly, I feel worse for him than that bitch commenting.
If he doesn't want anything to do with his family and they want to confront him about it, do it privately. Publishing it on FB for the world to see and spelling like a retard is just fucking embarrassing.

Not gonna call you a vendetta (never saw the original post) but still. Both sides look equally stupid in this post.

>> No.7083327

>>7082654
I know what art set you're talking about and it's cool, but it has a DEFINITE romantic undercurrent and it comes across as slightly pedo-y because it's these huge older-looking cyborg dudes with no-older-than-ten girls. I see where she's coming from but I still really like that art lol...but yeah, it's very reminiscent of humbert humbert/lolita.

>> No.7083374

Long vent ahead, been holding this in for like 3 weeks now.

You ruined the convention, you ruined the visit between my family member and I. I hope you're proud of yourself but you're so thick skulled you'll never even realize all the bullshit you caused.

You were a total and complete selfish stupid bitch at the convention. I knew to expect some jealousy out of you, you were in an ebay bought costume and I had been working on my somewhat complex cosplay for the last six months, busting my ass and slaving away on it.

I did not expect you to throw a shitfit at the convention because I dared get more attention than you, because people liked the thing I spent so much time and energy and money on, because I was (unwanted) hit on by a couple guys and you were not.

I thought you were my friend, I thought you would be happy for me as this is a hobby I've been super excited to be a part of and have really worked hard to improve in. This was your FIRST CONVENTION and your FIRST COSPLAY what the fuck di dyou expect?!! That everyone would lose their shit over your generic, poorly fitted cosplay?

Bitch I was up at 6am helping you get ready, doing all your makeup for you, cutting and styling your wig, making sure you had all your stuff and doing some last minute costume fixes all before even thinking of getting me ready.

'Why won't anyone take MY picture' is all I heard from you for 10 fucking hours. No thank yous for helping you, you didn't even TRY to have fun. It was all about the pictures for you, not the convention or the other cosplayers, the events..nothing.
Oh and it's really cunty of you to openly badmouth other people's costumes to the point where they can hear you.
Not even 48 hours in and you and I are screaming at each other.

Thanks for ruining my convention, the ONE convention I go to a year, thanks for shitting on my cosplay, thanks for making my life hell while you were there and thanks for showing me how unbelievably selfish you are.

>> No.7083380

>Go to con last weekend
>Everyone wearing flower crowns
>Confused
>Friend is wearing one
>Ask her about it
>Something about Norwegian heritage, celestial bullshit blah blah
>Me: "It's a tumblr thing isn't it?"
>Her: "Yeah."

Shit looks stupid.

>> No.7083393
File: 197 KB, 448x473, 1323146275878.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have shit job (~$180 for a 30 hour week)
>hours decreasing due to lack of business
>hotel room booked and ticket paid for for upcoming large con
>college starts
>becoming a total slave to gas, as I have to commute to class
>trying to get /fit/, a small amount of cash usually goes towards food/supplements
>trying my best to save cash every pay check, becoming increasingly hard to
>have established with a group for a long time I'm going to be a main part of their group cosplay, struggling to find the money for the con fast enough
>among many other things in life things are just stressing me out
>one costume is 100% a technique I've never tried building (full-body armor)
>just too poor for shit nowadays

>> No.7083401

All I wanted was to make some local friends in this hobby and it seems that's too much to ask for in this community.

I can't help that I got better than the three of you. You have to understand I spend a lot of time and money on this. I'm also older than the three of you and only work full time, I have a lot of free time to work on cosplay an dimprove.

What you guys arn't seeing are all the fuck ups..sometimes MASSIVE ones before anything decent comes out.

Why do you hate me for this? All you guys do is often slap on a wig or buy something from ebay or get your dads to make your props for you. There's nothing wrong with that but if you want to get better you'll have to put the work in.

I know one of you is trying really really hard to get cosplay famous and network themselves with terrible photos of mediocre cosplay with little to no effort put in, I guess THAT'S why you hate me so much in particular.

I know you guys talk about me behind my back and I know you guys bitch about how snobby I am. Why is it snobby to post stuff on my own personal Facebook? Yes I got in a couple magazines and youtube videos and websites but if you'd actually think you'd see that none of those were even a big deal. It's my own damn facebook an di'm proud and want to show my family what i'm doing with this hobby.

Also, you can argue it all you want, but walking up to me in a convention when I'm in the middle of having my photo taken by a photographer and telling me how innaccurate one of my props are is rude. Period.

I hope you girls grow up and try to have some fun in this hobby. I can't imagine that spending your time sulking and complaining about why you're not the next jnig is particularly enjoyable.

>> No.7083415
File: 13 KB, 224x224, reaction23.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be chronically ill
>Still manage to make a nice costume
>Think I look fab
>Show pics to anime club
>One bitch insinuates I look like a junkie because the marks from blood draws and my IV are showing.
>No consequences because the TA in charge is fucking off somewhere else and the anti-harassment/bullying policy is shit
>Leave in tears
>Find out the jelly twat is doing the same costume and didn't want 'competition'
>Still have never been able to wear it without feeling like everyone is staring at my marks.

>> No.7083416

>>7082676
>implying everyone on 4chan is a native english speaker

I know your mom and your school taught you that USA is number one and english is the most important language in the world and everyone can speak it, but I swear there are other countries with other languages quite different from the english. You can even google it if you don't believe me.

>> No.7083422

>Friends first con
>Buy her a costume and wig to match me since her family is not very well off and she doesn't have a job, figured I could sell the costume afterwards
>Have a lot of fun but she isn't able to go the following year
>This year she wants to come again but isn't able to chip in for a costume once again even though she has a job now

I know she has to help pay rent and her family is going through a lot right now but I feel like she should be able to help at least a bit? I know her and her boyfriend get fast food basically every other day and I feel like she should be able to save enough to at least pay for half.

I think the worst is that I wasn't sure if I could afford this costume so I asked her if she could pay for $40 of it and I'd be able to pay her back after selling it but she still said she wouldn't dip into her savings.

>> No.7083428
File: 23 KB, 352x288, 1178225587_nshothiei2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to con with bf
>have a few panels I want to go to, maybe like 3
>he doesn't really plan ahead, looks the night before and sees some random panels he wants to see, no big deal
>be enjoying con
>the time for one of the panels I wanted to go to approaches
>"okay boyfriend, i'm gonna go to this panel now since it seems like lots of fun."
>bf gets moody
>"but anon, i just really want to spend time with you! i mean do you really want to go to that panel? just stay with me?"
>"um, is it that important to you?"
>"well, not really, i guess it's just, if you didn't come with me i'd be disappointed."
>thedeepestsighsighedbysighjansighvens.jpg
>separate from him and our other friend who was with us
>return about an hour later after the panel
>proceed to deal with moody boyfriend for the rest of the day
>he whines a bit
>guilted into following him around for the rest of the day and miss all of the other panels i want to see

And a few months later the same exact situation happened. I wanted to go to a few panels and if I tried bringing him, he'd complain that the line was too long or guilt me into just sticking by his side.The real problem is just me being too easily swayed by his guilt mongering whining... I'm determined not to be swayed this next con!

>> No.7083433

>>7083422
Why are you buying your friend's costume in the first place? It isn't a requirement to go in costume, and if she can't afford it, then she shouldn't do it. Don't let her leech off of you, especially if it puts a dent in your own financials.

>> No.7083444

>>7083415
What a fucking bitch. Call her a cunt and then shit on her. Literally. Shit all over her fucking bitch face. Do it.

>> No.7083443

You're not nearly as talented as people think you are. You're a hack. You're a whore. You got where you are by whoring yourself and this whole hobby. You always got a lot of help on your costumes and you refuse to take any criticism because that would burst your egoistic little bubble. Inside you're still a frail, spoiled little kid with a weak self-esteem and I wish more people saw through your charade. I don't have the heart to come out and tell everything about you publicly because you're not really a bad person and I don't want to ruin your life, but you're extremely, ridiculously selfish. Everything you do has a narcissistic agenda behind it. You shamelessly use other people for your own benefit. And you know that all of this is true. But instead of facing your flaws, you wipe it off as jealousy.

And that's why I can't respect you. I just can't. You're ready to kick your friends out of your life like yesterday's garbage because they're not as successful as you are. You're a double-faced, ungrateful little piece of crap. I hope you're proud of yourself. Because none of your old friends are.

>> No.7083451

>>7083422
If she doesn't want to contribute, she doesn't want to cosplay. Stop buying shit for her.

>> No.7083460

>>7083415
You can cover it up with makeup if you feel it'll be noticeable, no biggie! Just upstage that bitchy girl!

>> No.7083461

>>7082934
Was it Youmacon? In his defense, the walk to Cobo from the RenCen was a pain in the butt, nothing to get that mad over, though.

>> No.7083465

>>7083428
Seriously, just get rid of him. Most people can be independent and do their own thing for an hour or so.

>> No.7083483

>>7082755
>>Meet guy, fall in love, he likes me too, fuq yes
>>Stop taking pills cause I have a better medicine now
Are you trying to say you stopped taking pills because you got a boyfriend? You dumb fucking shit.
>>my mood-swings, caused by him, are too much
Caused by you being loco, and then getting off medication which you still needed.

Fuck. You better fucking get better, you're too much of a dumb cunt to survive being ill for long.

>> No.7083490

>>7082856
>cosplaying at a table top convention
That was your first mistake.

>> No.7083500
File: 554 KB, 295x221, 1356526822585.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7082934
Sounds like Youmacon and I think I know who you're talking about. Was the game Catherine? If so, yes, yes I do.

>mfw a guy is threatening to boycott a convention over a video game
>claims he traveled really far just to play that game with people

>> No.7083502

>>7083321
Yeah, from that fb post, it looks like the dude don't like his family, which is perfectly valid. Heck, not even that, just that he doesn't get in contact with them much.

You choose your friends, you don't get to choose your family, which means you potentially get stuck with some massive cunts. Fuck that shit family cunt or not, you don't have to take shit from any cunt you don't want to.

>> No.7083567

>>7083109
Nope it was Kumori
I am about fucking done with their problems after hearing everyone elses' stories

>> No.7083592

>>7082608
Unless you're married, dont do presents that extravagant

>> No.7083618

>>7082608
>> Boyfriend and I born four days apart.
Stopped reading right there.

I suggest you get a different boyfriend as soon as you can. He will inevitably dump you. You're aging at the same rate, but his desirability will increase over the next 10-20 years while yours will go down the drain.

Find some older guy to hang onto.

>> No.7083625

>>7083618
I've been there myself, trust me on this. You young girls have no idea.

>> No.7083628

>>7083618
>>7083625
Bitch, I ain't listening to no wizened old cunt. My boyfriend and I are different, we ain't never gonna fall apart.

>> No.7083646

>go to con
>rooming with 4 good friends, fiancee, and this one chick, N, who is goddamn awful and no one really likes
>let me tell you about N
>whenever we order food she literally never pays, makes other people pay for her
>her sexuality is basically 'people who my friends have feelings for' so as soon as someone in our group starts dating someone or says they have a crush on someone she's all over them
>she's overall childish as fuck, still lives with her parents, draws terrible hipster garbage and insists she's the best artist ever, etc.
>only me and one of the friends rooming with me, H, have ever called N out on her shit because our group's full of the type who can't bare to hurt anyone's feelings no matter what
>friend who organized the room thing is very sweet but a pushover, invited N anyway knowing full well that it was a bad idea
>onto the story
>I have multiple gastrointestinal conditions that lead to me having to eat as soon as I get hungry or else I get hellish heartburn and throw up and also have to really limit my diet because lots of foods cause me to have stomach issues
>bring a bunch of food to the con to keep in hotel room for when my stomach starts doing its crazy things
>establish with roommates that its for me only because of my stomach problems, they're all cool with it and understanding
>N spends whole con awkwardly trying to seduce my fiancee, despite him expressing discomfort and telling her to stop
>N never buys her own food or Dealer's Room merchandise, keeps guilting other people into buying her shit
>calls me selfish, etc. when I refuse to buy her some expensive ass figurine in merch room
>lol ok
>Friday goes smoothly despite this, as does Saturday day as fiancee, H and I manage to avoid N
>Saturday night
>stomach starts acting up horribly
>rush to the room with H and fiancee to stuff some rice in my stomach before I puke
>N's in there
>bitch has eaten all my food
(c)

>> No.7083672

>>7083646
>H and I start flipping out at her, fiancee is super protective of me and visibly furious, runs out to go and buy me some crackers before he winds up punching her
>wind up having to chill in the bathroom puking
>as I'm puking H starts chewing N out for doing that
>N insists that 'oh but I was so hungry boohoo and my anxiety made me need to eat' starts going on about how nobody understands her and other dumb teenager shit she's too old to be pulling
>fiancee comes back with saltines
>N runs over and like... clings to him, starts saying that H and I were being so mean to her and he'd understand
>he fucking flips (he's a really mild-tempered dude, it's really rare to see him as furious as he was) tells her to fuck off and that he doesn't want anything to do with her, she's too stupid and selfish for anyone to want her, etc.
>she bursts into tears, runs out of hotel room
>get texts later from other roommates saying she told them that we were super mean to her, etc. but they knew she was bullshitting
>she heads home that night
>when friend who organized it is collecting payment, her calls N about it demanding she pay, etc.
>she starts pulling 'but I was so emotionally scarred, I don't have any money' etc.
>H eventually gets fed up, calls N's parents (who she still lives with) explaining the situation and produces receipts and shit to show how much money she owes everyone she mooched from
>her parents feel bad, talk about how she needs to grow up, compensate all of us what they can, and now they're making her get a job to pay everyone back
>still though
>holy fuck

>> No.7083692
File: 390 KB, 600x800, 1376255966640.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>that friend who completely avoids/ignores you instead of just saying "I'm sorry I can't talk right now"

>> No.7083700

>>7083083
which side am I supposed to be on?
Don't know this Spencer but he seems the reasonable one here

>> No.7083717

>>7083628
>Boyfriend who prioritizes snowboarding over his girlfriend's birthday
>"We're never going to fall apart!"

Top lel

>> No.7083732

>>7083700

Really depends how you look at it. Maybe his family were a bunch of dildos and he left as soon as he can. Or maybe he really is an asshole and just decided to stop contacting his family. It's best not to take sides over things that you don't know the story to.

>> No.7083749

>>7083692

I have a guy friend like this, he does it to other people when I'm with him, although sends dozens of texts per hour to his girlfriend, and then expects me to believe that he was busy at the exact moments I call him.

>> No.7083759

>Make friends cosplays for years, she pays for materials but I do all the sewing.
>At first helps to build my sewing skills and we do a lot of group cosplays.
>As years go on I improve, good enough to take commissions.
>Still making friend's cosplays which have gotten more elaborate.
>Skip doing one of my own cosplays to finish hers. Vow to at least put my things first.
>Bitches to me that I always do her stuff last, after my own and commissions.
>Get apartment together in second year of college.
>Now that we live together try to teach her to make some things on her own.
>Always says "But you'll do a better job." Isn't willing to try.
>Is horrible roommate, won't pay bills, threatens suicide often, so I tell her to go back to her mom.
>After a few months apologizes, starts talking to me on skype.
>I'm happy, think we can be friends from afar.
>After two weeks comes to me with a "list of things I need you to make for X convention."
>Not even a question or a please. Just assumption.
>Tell her I'm busy but she's welcome to commission me.
>Doesn't respond.
>Definitely not friends now.
>Learned to not be doormat.

And she was terrible at conventions too. Whiney, demanded I do all her makeup. Looking back I should have booted her long ago.

>> No.7083768

>>7083319
That would be great but I live in the middle of nowhere in a small area of Australia. Thank you anyway for the offer.

>> No.7083774

>Conventioning crew has a top tier creeper
>Hilariously stereotypical unattractive 30+ guy who lives in his parents basement surrounded by technology and anime merch, including boob mousepad
>Takes advantage of drunk and/or stupid girls regularly
>Makes sexual advances on every girl, even married girls if he knows their SO isn't there
>Trades money and other loot for female attention, once gave a girl a netbook in exchange for taking her clothes off and talking to him for 15mins.
>He would act pleased whenever I got mad at him for making inappropriate comments/jokes towards me
>Eventually switched to "I was going to say [innuendo], but you'd just get mad." as if that made it any better.
>After almost 2 years of telling him to stop, had to threaten to report him for sexual harassment at the next con we were both at in order to get him to stop.
>He's banned from multiple cons for his behaviour. I don't know how many, and I only know the name of one.
>I've told friends he makes me uncomfortable, male friends obviously don't get the same treatment so they shrug it off, female friends either don't get the same treatment, or are too busy getting shinies from him to care.
>Every couple of months he'll start messaging me every other hour until I reply, offering me shit, I decline because if I accept, he'll think things have changed and it's okay to make sexual advances again.
>Can't fucking get rid of him because his best friend is in my main con crew, and everyone else enjoys him or doesn't mind him.
>Want so hard to tell him to piss off, but can't because I may have to room with him at a con

I mean, he does have he good points. He's loyal to his family and he's always filling the room with booze for con parties, but Jesus tapdancing-in-a-minefield Christ he needs to learn how not to treat women at cons. Unfortunately there's enough girls at cons willing to exchange their dignity for cosupray and burando that his shit behaviour is always reinforced.

>inb4 troll replies

>> No.7083799

>>7083672
Well done on calling out on her cunty shit, shame her parent's had to be the ones to fork out but I guess from that she'll be super punished. Sorry you have a bad condition, my boyfriend suffers from ulcerative colitis so I guess he can slightly relate more to how you're doing compared to me even though you have something very different. I hope it gets better.

>> No.7084040

>>7082882
Do you by chance go to Butler Community College in Kansas 'cause...omg this sounds really similar

>> No.7084090

>>7083291
>>7083461
>>7083500
Got it in one, all three of you. Yeah it was that asshole in his Dr. Horrible cosplay (all 3 days he attended) and was full of nothing but vitriolic toxicity. I'm curious, >>7083500, since you were extremely accurate in your guess, what experience have you had with "J"?

>> No.7084108

>All my cosplay friends are either serious business cosplayers or just do it for the attention/internet quasi-fame
>Friends who cosplay for fun get disillusioned by the community's current obsession with fanpages and tumblr reblogs, stop cosplaying
>I keep doing it because I enjoy the craftsmanship as well as the thrill of bringing something fictional to life
>Seems like I'm the only one who feels that way
Also
>tfw you could have been a self-made billionaire if only you sold fucking flower crowns at Sac-Anime

>> No.7084205

>>7083692
>that friend who nags you to hang out with them at a con then doesn't

>> No.7084212

>>7084090
I remember being a bit chummy with him since he was one of the first people I met at Youmacon the first time I went there so I vaguely knew him. But then I remembered him throwing a GIGANTIC fit on the youmacon forums last year.

Granted, the forums are filled with a lot of entitled idiots to begin with.

>> No.7084477

>>7081300
>>7082438
>>7082558
>>7082608
i have a tumblraboo gamer gurrrl friend, a boyfriend who is otherwise lovely but a complete retard when it comes to money or romance, and i relate to all of you guys so hard i can't even.

>> No.7085429

>>7084477

i hate the attack on titan bandwagoners

>> No.7085448

>>7085429
although it is REALLY FUCKING FUNNY watching the anime only people get upset over things or get attached to people who are dead in the manga

>> No.7085455
File: 1.72 MB, 1249x558, aye444.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Meet girl at work
>Seems pretty cool but has a "I hate everyone attitude"
>She turns out to be shit, leads dudes on
>Wears yoga pants and tank tops to a professional job
>Calls me out daily when it's not even my fault
>Pretends to love nerdy shit just to fit in
>Never plays games or watch anime but will look up shit to make herself look cool
>Claims to love cosplay and is good at it
>"Cosplays" at Pax this year with her open relationship boyfriend, she makes that very clear to other guys
>Pic related
>All of my WHY

>> No.7085468

>>7085455
Hah, she was in another thread earlier this week for that Epona.

Is she aware that she's a 1, maybe 2/10?

>> No.7085480

>>7085455
>third one
for the love of god please don't tell me that it's a genderswap loki

Because that's literally just a set of horns stuck on her head with a shitty corset

>> No.7085482

>>7085455
Is she 35?

>> No.7085485

>>7085468
Probably not. She acts like she's the shit both at work and outside of it. Not to add the fact she's got a "better than you" personality and scoffs if you try to bring up some nerdy that she's seen before. Like it's obvious she's seen it because it's cool and nerdy.

She also hates the word "exotic" because it's offensive to her "people". She claims to be part Egyptian and even uses a fake Egyptian name on Facebook and social sites.

She's got a little PT thing going on around her waist too, looks like a second set of boobs from a back view and front.

inb4 tldr; She's a righteous cunt

>> No.7085487

>>7085480
It is. It doesn't even look like the reference picture she posted. She made a huge deal about how perfect it was.

>>7085482
She lies about her age, says she's 22 but she's really 25 about to turn 26.

>> No.7085518

>>7083625
>>7083618
Sounds like someone is aging quite badly.

>> No.7085521

>>7085487
She looks like shit. Wow someone's insides match their outsides for once.

>> No.7085572

>order dress for base of cosplay (gijinka)
>75% off this dress was only 11 dollars shit yeah
>Try it on for first time
>This is not a dress this barely covers my crotch
>Have to buy matching pants/skirt now or completely abandon costume
>God damn it

>> No.7085603

>trying to clean my room before leaving for a few weeks
>now sitting in a batman suit and thor helmet
>browsing 4chan
fucking short ass attention span. i just wanted to change the song on pandora

>> No.7085865

Girl, your cosplay suck ass. You use bad materials, take bad photos, pose and talk like a whore, scream like a fucktard and your face looks like a monkey.
You're only famous in this shit city because you're retarded.

>> No.7085900
File: 17 KB, 440x292, 1377152648959.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Friend is constantly talking about their new diet
>"LOOK ANON I LOST 40 LBS !!!"
>Is informing me of their calories
>All the counting
>mfw I'm recovering from an eating disorder
>mfw I've told them I've had an eating disorder
>mfw they just keep naming numbers
>mfw I told them I don't like talking about diets because it reminds me of bad times in my life
>mfw they won't stop
>mfw this has been going on for months

I'm gonna fucking relapse.

>> No.7085903
File: 168 KB, 1407x956, 1366620355759.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7083374

As a one a year con goer myself, I know that fucking feel Anon. I know that fucking feel.

I'm sorry.

>> No.7085912

>>7082031
Don't let him take over your life. It's your life, you owe him nothing.
Been there, wasted the years.

>> No.7085938

>>7082692
>>7083327
what art set? Sounds cute.

>> No.7085941

>>7082745
I think you need to talk through this with your parents, anon. It sounds like they love you very much, you can work it out.

>> No.7085943

>>7085603
pics plox

>> No.7085968

>>7085429
Also Doctor Who, Free!, Sherlock, Avengers... I know this chick who jumps every bandwagon she can and it's really hard not to point that out to her. She's really the biggest tumblr-abusing bandwagon-jumping stereotypical mindless zombie without an own opinion.
Can you form a sentence without talking about how [fandom] is your life and how you spend all your time on tumblr? Cause I really can't deal with this, what the hell happened to you? We used to be friends.

>> No.7086092

>>7085900
Just fuckin' drop them. You can be strong, you stopped once.

>> No.7086122

>>7085900
Stay strong anon! I know your feels, if she doesn't cut it out then cut her loose. Her friendship is not worth your life.

>Tfw you live with three other people, all who you really love, in a spacious house in a great area
>Tfw one of them has been your friend for 4 years, you have so much in common and care for them
>Tfw that friend is also better at everything than you, more driven, skinnier and generally actually gives a fuck about living unlike you
>Tfw your friendship has become stressed as they grow ever pedantic and you're tired with their holier-than-thou attitude that might not even be there because you might just be letting your self-hate take over
>Tfw you used to love living here, but now are rushing too fast into living with a guy just to get out.

>> No.7086144

>>7085900
Shes just excited and wants someone to talk about it with. are you her only friend?

>> No.7086244

Posted in the wrong thread. Reposting

>go on diet because I'm 50-60 lbs overweight
>friend keeps trying to fish for compliments, bending over in front of a mirror "ommmggg I need to lose weight" shes not really fat, lets be honest. shes average.
>I look at her like shes an idiot, "Are you fishing?"
>get ignored
>when we eat out, I tell her how many calories, carbs, sugars are in what shes eating
>tells me to shut it and Im being annoying
>but I wont stop because I know shell just gain 5-10 lbs, cry about it, then half ass it until she eventually drops the weight then she feels omgsoskinny again.
>I'm down 30 lbs
>make her costumes
>crys how it doesnt fit
>same thing, eats too much, then doesnt eat much to lose weight
>OMGG~~ my butts just soooo big, this skirt will hardly fit!
>"Do you want me to fix it? I can make it bigger"
> ":3 nope its fiiine."
>....are you trying to show everyone at the con your panties?
> get ignored again
>Im down another 10 lbs
>this time around Im trying to bind her
>ommmggg I cant help that theyre soooo big~~~~
>"no, you just need to shift them around in the binder...and Im not moving your titties for you...theyre like...mushed together- you might need a better binder"
>she gains more weight
> she asks for assistance for better eating habits
>shes eating crow for the next few months

I understand its healthy having a high self esteem...but I cant help but think shes fishing all the time. Shes not always like this mind you, just an annoying habit shes got.

I'm also frustrated that the people (exception of one) around me LOVE cosplaying but dont ever want to put any effort into it. I can give them the tools and tell 'em how to do it but they just...cant...figure...it...out.

>> No.7086247

>>7086144
That's no excuse. "What you say is hurting me" "But I'm excited and have to tell somebody!"
It's not hard to tell which of these is more important.

>> No.7086269

>>7086244
>high self esteem
>fishing
Those two things don't go together. If you actually feel good about yourself you don't need validation from others. She's probably confident enough in how she looks that she thinks fishing will get her positive responses, but not confident enough to not feel the need to do it.

>> No.7086268

>>7086244
Your friend sounds like she actually doesn't have very high self esteem, since she's fishing for compliments and telling you to shut up when you tell her about what she's eating.

Confident people don't pull shit like that. Though the fishing for compliments thing does remind me of two of my friends.

>The three of us go out for frozen yogurt
>Self serve place, fucking delicious
>I'm lactose intolerant but fuck it, this isn't so bad.
>Go through and fill up our little bowls
>Pay and sit, start eating
>They start complaining about feeling "sooooooo fat" for eating something that is, at least more healthy than ice cream
>They're both underweight
>I'm a little over what I should be
>My mouth is full so I can't talk
>Look one of them dead in the eye when she comments on feeling fat
>Pat my tummy pudge super loudly, twice, then strike some weird gangsta "WAZZUP BITCH" pose
>They stare, caught off guard
>Laugh their asses off
>Never ever mention feeling fat around me again, likely for fear of being embarrassed in public.

>> No.7086270

>>7086247
Thus why I asked if shes her only friend. If she is, then it kinda' makes sense why she wouldn't keep her mouth shut about it.

>> No.7086281

>>7086122
wow that sounds terrifying similar to my situation. My best friend is more of an idiot who gets herself into these shitty situations and expects people to give her sympathy because of her abusive past. I try to be as understanding as possible but I can't help but feel the need to scold her because it's her fault she gets into these situations sometimes. Despite how horrible I think she is I still feel vastly inferior to her.

>> No.7087664

>>7082943
That made my night, thank you

>> No.7087669

>brother and I doing Metro 2033 cosplays
>I put effort into it into buying the essentials then extras last
>said brother half-asses it as if it were some kind of Minecraft Steve? cosplay
>tell him he needs to change his ways
>ignores
>2 months left till con

>> No.7087677

>>7085487
>22
>about to turn 26

She looks damn near 40

>> No.7088038

>>7087677
Yeah I know. Her body is im awful shape too. Saggy upper body, her legs are okay I guess. But her ass sags and you can tell and see that nasty shit when she wears yoga pants to work (again, all of my WHY).

>> No.7088061

>>7085468
Epona? What Ep...

... oh what a fucking surprise, "sexy gijinka". even though with her coloring she could probably pull off Nabooru.

>> No.7088091

>>7088061
My thoughts exactly.
And her bf? Dont even get me started holy shit.

>> No.7088111

>>7088091
even his cosplay is "hey gurls, i'm only dressed up like this guy cus i know how much you all love link"

>> No.7088115

>run into girl I don't like from high school on con FB page
>she compliments my cosplay progress pictures
>"I'm cosplaying too this year!"
>Signs up to compete at the cosplay comp with me
>Find out after she saw my costume she decided to do the same exact costume
>now we're in that awkward wearing the same thing to a party situation

I'm not sure if I will blend in as a popular series cosplayer or if I'll be more noticeable next to her inevitably shitty one.

>> No.7088126

High-maintenance friends who were tolerable before but cosplay has twisted them into someone you don't even know.

>Posts "inspirational" messages on FB about being strong, beautiful, and not letting others judgments get to her.
>Hours later, vague-books about how she's a failure and the costumes she makes will never be good like her idorus and no one will notice her, she cannot get her cosplay career off the ground, why did she start cosplaying ever, shit like that.
>Message her to see what's up and explain that "cosplay career" is a misnomer.
>She posted in "Did you take my picture" threads and didn't like the pics
>Encourage her to shoot w/ experienced photographers for nice pics. Research + contact before booking to share ideas for shoot.
>Doesn't want to pay for shoots (on the dole + husbando's money)
>Tell her to look for photogs who are new/building portfolios who are often free, but that paid photogs can be worth it.
>Spouts money/job/cosplay privilege bullshit to me
>Says I am privileged because I have a job + work for my money, photogs seek me out because I'm Asian (except I find them), and because I have "epic cosplays" (again, not a privilege, it's something I worked hard on).
>Ask if she knows the definition of privilege
>Gets mad saying no one understands her, signs off, and disappears for 3 weeks.
>Pops back online with another message "I'm so inspired by the cosplayers around me! I'm going to work hard so I can get as good as they are!"
>1 day later, vaguebooks again
>Noped the fuck out - she notices I didn't reply + asks why I'm ignoring her/if something's wrong
>Opened up and told her it was a horrible week: struggling with stress/illness and a funeral
>She interjects with cosplay/e-fame problems.

The only reason I don't drop her is because of mutual friend weirdness: she introduced me to them + I'm closer to them than with her now. Part of me thinks the friend I knew is still there, just buried. For now, I keep my distance but am polite.

>> No.7088130

>>7088111
They both pretend to love vidja games and nerdy hurr durr stuff. But literally the only games the like or play are Zelda games

>> No.7088157

>friend of mine is crossplaying as Bruce Banner
>literally just them with a purple shirt on and carrying around a hulk plushie
>is now ordering a fake dick to stuff down their pants to make it more "authentic"
I don't even understand why. Do they really think that people are going to come up, cop a feel and shout "OMG U DONT GOT A PENIS UR NOT THE HULK"

>> No.7088164

>>7088126
>Posts "inspirational" messages on FB about being strong, beautiful, and not letting others judgments get to her.
>Hours later, vague-books about how she's a failure and the costumes she makes will never be good like her idorus and no one will notice her, she cannot get her cosplay career off the ground, why did she start cosplaying ever, shit like that.

I. Fucking. HATE this. All the "tee hee, look at my inspirational post about accepting yourself and being strong and then asspat me the next day when I'm trying to get attention and compliments by vague angst!" shit. The worst cosplay drama queens I know post corny "Cosplay is about fun! Don't mind others, do what you love because you're so ~perfect~!!!" posts filled with cliche'd weheartit photos to seem like a sweet, amazing person. Yeah it'd be nice if you wouldn't push your ridiculous diva rage and cosplay hate on people when your fans aren't there to see it.

I swear all of the people I know who do this are always the most insecure people and the ones talking the worst shit about other cosplayers. That's why I automatically don't trust people who make ridiculous, sappy "inspirational posts".

>> No.7088186

I'm FB friends with a girl that literally only bitches about her home life, and posts vague statuses about being poor/wanting to kill herself/being fat. She's an ex-cosplayer, now more into reeinactment, and literally never posts anything positive. It's always, "Someone get me out of here before I do something awful," "No one cares about me," "I can't fit burando; guess I'm too fat to be a lolita."
Like goddamn girl, if you're only surrounding yourself with negativity, no wonder you're so miserable.

>> No.7088193
File: 145 KB, 425x640, 4873062474_39dab373e2_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7082065
Cosplayers don't even know what the word "burlesque" stands for.

Get your Leg Avenue Cabaret-inspired bullshit out of here.

>> No.7088200
File: 886 KB, 500x201, crey eberyteim.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Go to college
>Meet tons of new people and make friends
>Think to myself, "Maybe I'll FINALLY make some con friends since all of my old friends aren't interested in this stuff!"
>None of my new friends have interest in cosplaying or cons

>> No.7088211

Fuck this guy.

>Photographer who gives me a hard time for supposedly harassing some of the models. Apparently, putting your hand over the shoulder of the girl and the occasional douchebag face is considered harassment
>Too well connected with the university anime community to risk any sort of altercation. Forced to deal with the prude motherfucker at any major con.
>Gets banned from a rival con after teaching how to open a maid cafe with him being unable to get a press pass because of con tensions and decides to hang around the convention premises with him taking photos of cosplayers. Hypocrisy at it's worst, I am not allowed at his gatherings and yet he lurks around at a con he is no longer welcome at.
>Toss in some angry "protestors" loitering outside the con and I can safely say fuck the guy.

>> No.7088217

>>7082029
What a twat, you should drop her.
I had a friend like that in middle school, couldn't really put words to my frustration at the time but now I realize what a whiny little beotch she was. We were best friends but if I came to her with a problem, any fucking problem at all, she would go out of her way to one-up me.
Like fuck bitch, just wanted someone to listen, not have competition to see who has a harder life.

>> No.7088219

>Be in kind of a clunky armour costume at con
>movement is a little limited, plus when helmet is down I can't really see anything
>approached by photographer who wants to take some video
>tells me the movement he would like me to do
>inform him I don't have a lot of movement in this but I'll try
>says' its ok, just do your best!'
>Everytime I do the movement he snaps at me 'you're moving too fast!' ' That's STILL too fast damnit!' 'No no move with your left like I TOLD you geez!' 'Are you even listening to me?!'
>Get fed up and walk away from him, embarrassed due to everyone staring and him ranting and raving behind me because I walked away while he was filming,calls me a snob

What the fuck, man? Why was that necessary? I'm not your goddamn paid model I'm just a person in costume..

>> No.7088220

>>7088200
You should try to slowly get them into it.
Don't know if this is typical but most of my normalfag friends are really interested in cosplay, they just need someone to give them a little push.
It's my personal opinion that everyone has something they nerd out hardcore for, you just have to find that one thing and start dropping hints about dressing up.

>> No.7088221

>>7088211

This is why I don't like green text, your story is wholly incoherent.

>> No.7088227

>move
>two friends back home insist you're still "bffs"
>repeatedly cancel plans with you to hang out with new group
>k

>> No.7088239

>>7088221

Alright, the photographer is a hypocritical douche who marks people he doesn't like out of spite as creepers and harassment. He is too well connected to the anime club scene where I live to the very friends I have so I can't do anything to get even without being literally blacklisted by the anime community. Worse yet, when he was banned from a con due to a dispute between his group of maids with another group. Instead of completely boycotting the con, he decides to hang around outside the con to take photos of cosplayers who are posing outside of the con, meanwhile, he decided to ban me from his gatherings because I was posing like a douche with his girls.

>> No.7088675

>meet girl at a con years ago, during my awkward high school years
>she's interested in me, I'm interested in her
>be a dumbass about it, take my time
>eventually she gets a boyfriend and has a stereotypical freshman relationship
>I act kinda stupid about it at first, but eventually grow up, stop being stupid about it and get on good terms with her
>don't talk to her for a while, only chat here and there on facebook
>she eventually ends up going to my university, try saying hi to a familiar face
>ignores the hell out of me for some reason
I don't even know what the fuck I did. I sorta wonder if I just remind her of her weeaboo phase. But if she's just going to keep being a bitch about it, then no, I don't want to talk to her either.

>> No.7088692

>>7088061
Wait, where is this at?

>> No.7088736

>>7082641
this is why i only date men who are plainer-looking than me now
they never pull this shit

>> No.7088937

>>7088130
and of course he can't even be arsed to shave his shit goatee or wear brown boots

>> No.7088995

>>7088692
it's in reference to this
>>7085455

the first one is "sexy epona gijinka" and it's horrendous.

>> No.7089026

>>7088995
Oh, is THAT what it's supposed to be? Wow, wtf.

>> No.7089077

>>7089026
i know! i didn't get it until someone else said it, and then i kind of just vomited in my mouth.

>> No.7089150

>>7082920
>we both hurt each other
calling bullshit
you keep flip-flopping between "he was bad for me" and "he's the best", not to mention all the other red flags in everything you said
let me guess: you have a fear of abandonment? you need constant reassurance and attention?

>> No.7089160

>>7089150
Shes obviously fucking nutso.

>> No.7089169
File: 222 KB, 800x968, 1334549870143.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Do something, know it's bad
>It's just a preliminary version of the final one, to get a feel for how I want to do it
>Ask friends for critique
>They say it's perfect
>Call me the "cosplay king"
>I just recently started cosplaying and I'm barely decent at absolute best (erring towards "bad)
>I tell them that I want critique and they respond that they can find absolutely nothing wrong with it
Why do my friends hugbox me if I explicitly say that I want all the NEGATIVE things? Even amazing cosplayers fuck up a few things, however minor.

>> No.7089177

>>7082755
If you feel like you don't need your meds anymore it means that they're working

>> No.7089211

>>7088692
this was at Pax in Seattle this year.
A weekend ago

>> No.7089229
File: 70 KB, 848x476, 98897979.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7082920
>I am taking meds again now however, for him
>for him

girl no

>> No.7089338

> ruin wig
> ruin three pairs of armsocks
> can't get makeup to sit right on face
> dress isn't even ready yet
> still have to help girlfriend with her costume and props
> con is only 26 days away

Kill me now, please.

>> No.7089341

>>7082882
People still have sub vs. dub battles?

>> No.7089668

>>7081642
I had this exact thing, except I never knew if she was straight or not.
I confessed my love for her, it turned out fine, we've been dating for 17 months or so and I'm flying over to hers for my birthday.

Go for it, anon! Worst case scenario, she turns you down, then you can move on.

>> No.7089682

>>7082920
Your story, honestly, sounds really bad. It's red flags all over the place for abandonment issues and a negative relationship. Please, PLEASE see a therapist if you can. It is likely to give you the same amount or much more effectiveness than those "organic happy pills" will. (On that note, what are you taking? I'm pretty critical of anything that claims to have no side effects being effective - side effects are the result, frequently, of the introduction of new chemicals, so if they aren't introducing anything powerful into your system I'm critical of how they could be effective. Even most herbal supplements have at least slight side effects.)

>> No.7089694

>>7089682
A therapist won't be able to do much for me. I know what's wrong with me, am aware of my manic depression, anxiety and abandonment issues. There isn't much sense in it when I know what my problem is, all I need is really just a good friend who I can talk to comfortably about anything and everything. Thought I had that, but turned out I was wrong.
The pills are more like capsules, extracts of St. John's wort. All I get is nausea, but then, I haven't been hungry or eaten in about 2 weeks now so that's most likely why.

>>7089338
You can do it anon!

>> No.7089719

>>7089694
>I haven't been hungry or eaten in about 2 weeks now

Different anon here. GO TO A FUCKING THERAPIST, DON'T DUMP YOUR PROBLEMS ON A FRIEND. That's what a therapist is FOR. Psychiatrists/psychologists are for when you don't know!

>>7089338
>ruined wig
See if anyone in your area can lend one, or see if there's a wig shop near you/with fast shipping.
>ruined armsocks
...Try dying a pair of gloves, or ask someone else if they could help?
>can't get makeup to sit right on face
Moisturise, then use a makeup sponge to do a thin layer on top of that. If the thin layer isn't enough colour, do another layer, but make sure you don't put too much in one spot and keep it even!
>dress isn't ready yet
Work on it every day! You can do it!
>still have to help g--
She can do it herself, just do your best to get yours done and worry about hers when yours is nearly complete!
>con is 26 days away
That's almost a month! Work at least an hour on them on weekdays, if you can, and spend as much time as you need on them on weekends!

>> No.7089731

>>7085900
Ahh I'm going through the exact same thing! The worst part of it is that the girl in question takes every opportunity to make a show of avoiding my "triggers" - she turns bags of crisps away from me so i can't see the contents, and so on - but is always gibbering about calories and carbs and fats and sugar and aspartame and E-numbers and shit.

>> No.7089733

>>7089719
I don't mean a friend I can dump my shit on, just someone I can talk to and have fun with who is able to take my mind off of things. Most friends I used to have would -only- talk to me if I needed cheering up which in turn made me feel like a shitty friend. I was actually able to be genuinely happy around this person and forget this stuff.
Last many times I went to a therapist, I had to drag my mom with me because I was terrified of going alone. And I just ended up not going altogether because it was ruining my week whenever I had an appointment. It's not an option if I want my life to function properly.

Sorry anons, it's not that I don't want to take advice, it's more that I've tried getting that sort of help before and it did not work for me.

>> No.7089773

>>7086270
Not anon you were replyng to but for some people it doesn't matter whether they have an audience of 1 or 100 to tell about their progress. They don't really "get" when or why people do not want to hear their story. All they can do is talk about their weight loss even if they know there are people in the room fighting their own battles. Honestly, that would be a good use for a personal blog. People can read it if they want but you're not saying it in person to someone who's recovering from an eating disorder.

Some people are also so desperate for some attention that they'll say or do anything, no matter how stupid. Back in HS, there was one girl who was probably 5'5" pushing 200lbs who always announced her weight loss progress, in the most retarded terms, in front of a mutual friend who was struggling to gain weight (no eating disorder, just crazy fast metabolism).

>Hay gaise! I can cinch my belt in 2 more belt holes! Lost more weight!
>Talk about calorie counting and based her daily caloric intake on what she did that day. e.g. went for a casual 2 mile walk? Ate the same # of calories that Olympic gymnasts do. They work out and so did she that day.
>Days she didn't "work out" she'd eat under 1000 calories. "Gaise, I only ate 764 calories today but feel fine! Teehee!"
>At a restaurant after the movies, "Hay gaise, I'm vegan now. Dare me to eat one of Anon's chicken tenders?" *grabs and eats* "Don't worry gaise, I did some crunches today! I lost an inch, this won't count!"
>Talk constantly about her mom who was a nutritionist at the time and how they were devising a super awesome plan to lose weight through "clean eating", organics, etc.

>> No.7089852

>>7089694
>>7089719

>>7089338 here. Thanks for the encouragement; I know I'm freaking out over nothing, but this is the first actual cosplay I've attempted.

>> No.7090211

>girl I used to be friends with
>she constantly bitches about how all anime characters all look like 9 year olds
>keeps saying she hates anime, like anyone cares
>talks about cosplaying Yoko Littner anyways
>"I love Death Note guys!!"
>acts like hentai is the cause of everything bad in the world and porn is disgusting
>pretends to like porn anyways, obviously for attention
>"porn! lol!" "boobies teehee"

why

>> No.7091849

>>7081765
I second links to this disaster please.