[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 110 KB, 631x889, the_kid_by_jenzee-d4ntb5s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7006280 No.7006280 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm doing my first cosplay as The Kid from Bastion and I've run into an issue with painting the armor bits. I've read somewhere that using black as a base layer will help and that I weathering it is paramount. But as far as paints and techniques to use I'm completely lost. Also, I plan on using plain old foam for the smaller armor parts, but I haven't the foggiest on what to use for Larger front and back parts. Any help would be lovely.

>> No.7008697

bump for some help.

>> No.7008702

bump for potential help

>> No.7008800
File: 590 KB, 640x4014, metaltexturing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get used to it

>> No.7009312

>>7006280
Do not fear young warrior! So with your foam and painting, go ahead and just paint it black. When you've painted your armor the right color and are ready for weathering, use the tutorial above. Take it's basic idea and apply it. Do a practice of the dry brushing and what not on a piece of sample material so you get an idea of what you're doing, and you find what's the most comfortable way for you to go about it and get what you want.

When it comes to the large foam, try and get your hands on some EVA foam or buy a camping mat and cut that into the shapes you need. For the camping mat, you can just layer it with craft foam for a smooth texture