[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 163 KB, 474x587, hoc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6989334 No.6989334 [Reply] [Original]

What do you think that this show is actually Yaya's show?
How do you feel that cosplaying has been becoming more mainstream?
Do you feel that it is right for Yaya to take cosplay and have it be on TV? And be more known all around?

Personally I liked it better when no one knew what cosplay was.

>> No.6989342

>Someone has to take that first step to introduce such a unique culture to the world

Why does it even need to be? Sounds more like
"Someone has to take that first step to introduce me to the world"

>> No.6989343

I just realized this is a giant circlejerk.

>> No.6989346

It would be cool if it wasn't just a show about stroking Yaya's ego

>> No.6989359

"Syfy follows cosplays hottest stars"

Quote from the commercial.

>> No.6989436

Any time I see Yaya, my only thought is "I remember you before you got boobs."

>> No.6990389

Yaya is only popular because of her boobs. She's such a shitty person.

>> No.6990554

this show should've never been made to begin with. It's as >>6989343 said, a giant circle jerk, except it also rigged convention masquerade event.

>> No.6990593

>>6990554
>> Anime Matsuri

doesn't seem like a good con to rig for tv show, why not Anime Expo?

>> No.6990600
File: 48 KB, 674x293, 1070036_10152151508359465_2070215879_n.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

good lord, the hypocrisy

>> No.6990767

>>6990600
I don't think she knows what she's typing half of the time.

>> No.6990771

>>6990593
Too big. AM is big enough to look reputable, but not so big that pulling a stunt like rigging an event would catch serious backlash.

>> No.6990778

>>6989334
worst case scenario, Yaya and the entire contestants will be known as people that killed cosplay.

wonder what they'll do after getting blacklisted off cosplay community

>> No.6990921

>>6990554
it didn't rig anything. no one that was "with the show" won an award.

>> No.6991020

>>6990389
She does make some very intricate and detailed costumes, but she's also a drama llama and kind of a shitty person.

>> No.6991025

>>6989343
That was my exact same thought when I clicked on the OP image

>> No.6991045

I've been told of how she illegally ruined people's lives, but I'm not too sure of anything else that she's done that pissed the cosplay community off so badly.

Help me out?

I'm seriously expecting to be told a few things that I'm dreading to hear, one of them being that she doesn't know jack shit about the characters that she cosplays as and only does so for attention.

>> No.6991059
File: 35 KB, 495x442, 1295121032103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991045
>I'm seriously expecting to be told a few things that I'm dreading to hear, one of them being that she doesn't know jack shit about the characters that she cosplays as and only does so for attention.

I don't know how to break this to you, anon...

>> No.6991068
File: 97 KB, 443x540, 1373418306619.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991059

Lawl. I wasn't a fan of hers, but I'm trying to piece together all of the hate that she gets and why. I've only seen her at cons being all smiley and nice, but something about her bothered me. And, I'll admit, it was totally superficial of me. I thought that she was someone's mom, just watching their booth for them. She just looks very.. aged when you see her without the photoshopping and all of that crap.

So, what are the details involving why she's hated? Sorry if this has been asked before or anything. I wanted honest stories involving her, but my friends don't cosplay.

>> No.6991075

Who remembers when Yaya copyrighted cat ears and was sending cease and desists around dealer's rooms?

>> No.6991092

>>6991075

..The fuck? So, nobody else can make cat ears except for her?

>> No.6991095
File: 125 KB, 625x665, yaya han.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991068

>> No.6991103

>>6989342
This kinda pisses me off. Why does she act like she's an official spokesperson for cosplay?
Why does the cosplay culture even NEED to be introduced to the world?

I also feel like who gives her the right to take cosplay and turn it into a reality TV show to make it more mainstream?

>> No.6991104

>>6989334
>How do you feel that cosplaying has been becoming more mainstream?
HORRIBLE. Because EVERYONE cosplays or goes to cons now. All I see all over my news feed on Facebook is "ZOMG PAX OTAKON NYCC FUCK COSPLAY FUCK!!" It would be fine if these were actually people I was friends with, but it's all dipshits from my highschool that I need to delete anyway.

What irks me the most is that one of the of the stupid bitches that used to make fun of me for being a fat chick and a comic book fan is now posting pictures of her Wonder Woman cosplay, saying "tee hee I can't wait to wear this to NYCC!" Fucking whore.

Just had to vent, sorry gaise.

>> No.6991107

>>6991095
Oh, hahaha, she looks so fat here. Is Yaya this fat?

>> No.6991112

>>6991107
She's got a wide frame, is very short (5'?), and chooses the most unflattering costumes. Going off of weight and measurements she isn't fat, but she isn't skinny or nearly as slim as her official, watermarked, overshopped photos imply.

I think she is so "cosplay famous" all the photographers suck up and edit the hell out of photos of her so she likes them. In person, and in hall shots she's very different looking.

>> No.6991123

>>6990921
not the anon you replied to, but can you post complete AM winners result then? I can't seem to find the result anywhere.

>> No.6991138

>>6991104
I can understand the feeling. When I was in HS, comic books, anime, knowing how to use a pc, and watching star trek were looked down upon. Now it's "Oh look at me I'm such a n3rd g33k!!! lol." as they sport fake glasses with big black rims and a Hot Topic bought nerd shirt with a Trollface on it.

WTF!?

>> No.6991149

>>6991104

Hey, it's okay. I totally feel your pain. When I was in high school, I was into that Amy Brown fairy shit and I used to read comics and cosplay. A group of six people used to harass me for what I liked, even though I was quiet and kept to myself. They even went as far as to spray paint the word, "FAIRIES." on my stepfather's car and got away with doing it because I didn't have photos to show the police. I knew it was them, because they were the only people for all four years of high school who gave me shit. For everyone else, I went by unnoticed and thankfully so.

We all graduated and, out of curiosity, I looked them up on Facebook to see what they had made of themselves. They all are into shit that they made fun of me for liking. They're all suddenly about cons and cosplaying, when they harassed me over this. And, they buy their costumes from Party City and show up to cons like that.

I was ripshit and to this day, it still pisses me the fuck off.

>> No.6991157

I find it funny how we all feel about people 'infringing' on our cosplay is how most men feel about women 'infringing' on their video games and comic books. Anytime anything becomes mainstream people get paranoid.

>> No.6991167

>>6991157
some of this feels more like venting for the bullying that came in their earlier years. no one likes bullying, too bad that didn't get recognized until more recently. yet some of these kids today complaining about bullying have no idea how easy they have it versus even just 10 to 20 years ago

>> No.6991176

>>6991149
This sounds like my high school life.

Except it was mainly one girl who was leading her little group. She'd yell at me from car windows and post notes on my locker that said shit like

>Kill yourself <3

I saw her in a bar recently when I was visiting home. She is looking skanky as hell, like a scene kid who never grew up into hipster. Still ratting and over-dying her hair and wearing that thick eyeliner, now with an Avengers tattoo! She used to be really popular on MySpace.

>> No.6991181

>>6991157

It's not the infringing that upsets me. It's the years of being harassed for simply enjoying something and I wasn't even annoying about it. I kept to myself and even more so when the bullying started. It chaps my ass to have been getting sick before going to school, then coming home to deal with an abusive mom, only to discover years later that my tormentors are now dubbing themselves "true fans" of the very shit that they harassed me for liking. There was another occasion when they threw pens at me in the cafeteria and even though we had it ON CAMERA, my principal was like..

"Oh, well we can't do anything, because the ringleader is black and we're all white and it's going to look racist. So, just ignore them."

It kind of fucks shit up for some people, especially when they don't stop and you didn't do anything to warrant it.

>> No.6991189

>>6991157
The problem is that now people will think cosplay is all about tits and ass, and not about genuine love of the series. Similar thing happened with Import car scene when Fast & Furious became a big hit, and people that don't know crap about cars started modifying their cars into ricers without even thinking. It made true import fans look like fools.

>> No.6991209

>>6991176
Isn't it hypocritical to judge her for still wearing scene fashion in a post where you're complaining about her judging you?

>> No.6991222

>>6991209
People on /cgl/ are hypocritical. And in other news the sky is still blue and pigs still cannot fly. More at 11.

>> No.6991239

Sit down, kids.

Back when I got into anime, all we had was Animerica and dubbed Sailor Moon. We had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get shitty bootleg fansubs. Before that it was Star Trek and comics. I was ALWAYS teased and made fun of. Once, I was harassed so badly that I skipped school for three days. I kept telling my mom that I was sick, but she could tell that something else was going on. Now it's "cool" to be a nerd. It's out there. Everyone is a gamer, everyone loves the DC and Marvel movies. Now they're going to take cosplay away from us. Sure, there are still dipshits out there who specifically target female geeks, and for that we still get a lot of shit...but otherwise, all of that stuff is a lot more accepted now. It pisses me off because it's like I was born ten years too soon.

>> No.6991399

These cosplayers aren't doing this show for the love of hobby.

They want more followers so that more people can buy their posters.

>> No.6991443

Is the unofficial cast blog real life? Because I went to the FAQ and it's the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen.

>> No.6991451

>>6991443
>Why isn’t my favorite cosplayer on the show?

>Yes, he is! Jinyo is on the show!

>What? Jinyo isn’t your favorite cosplayer? Then you need to seriously re-evaluate your criteria for choosing your favorite cosplayer. Because, seriously. Jinyo. Have you seen his shit?! It’s amazing!
>If someone is your favorite cosplayer just because she’s a hot girl, then you should switch to that cheerleader reality show, or pick up an issue of Playboy (That still exists, right? Are magazines printed on paper still a thing?).
>Jinyo, dude. Jinyo.

>> No.6991456

>>6991451
You guys are fake geek girls, aren’t you?

Nerd, please.
First of all, if you don’t know how legit these women are, then you might be a fake geek yourself. Whatever your fandom, any real geek will have heard of at least a couple of these women.

Yaya has been cosplaying longer and harder than you have even known what cosplay is, and has been an invited guest of more conventions than you and all of your friends have been to in your lives. Victoria is a fixture in the Star Wars fan community, and works for Wizard World, helping run half a dozen fan conventions this year alone. On top of creating Cosplay For A Cause, Riki worked on X-Men: First Class. Becky covered the geek world for Crave Online. Jessica works for BioWare, creator of the Mass Effect games. Holly was featured in Morgan Spurlock’s Comic-Con movie. Chloe co-hosts “Just Cos” on the Nerdist Channel, covering fan conventions and cosplay. Monika is a gamer whose nerd cred will be a plot point on the show. So, no spoilers! Jinyo might be a fake geek girl: he’s a real geek, but might be a fake girl.

What’s your nerd cred?

>> No.6991467

>>6991456
>> NERD CRED

Are you fucking serious? do you even know the contradiction you just made?

>> No.6991479

>>6991456
It's cute that Syfy considers cgl important enough that it has plants coming to post here but this is one of the most pathetically obvious pieces of orchestrated muck I've ever read.

>> No.6991473

>>6991456
>lel gaiz look how much nerd cred I have
Try harder fag

>> No.6991488

>>6991456
Is this a troll? Or are you really this fucking stupid?

>> No.6991493
File: 15 KB, 320x218, _DSC1252.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991456

Cool story, bro. And, Yaya is insane.

She got mutual friends to break into a girl's computer while they were invited into her house because she thought they were her friends. They stole private sex photos of her and her husband and posted them all over the web, because she asked them to.

Its beyond that though, one of my friends she hated so much she broke into her bank account and drained it. Ruined her credit. And, got her fired from her job.

They tried to get her investigated and what not, but she always gets people to do things for her so her name isn't attached to her actions directly and then the guys who did if for her take the legal fall because they protect her and say she wasn't involved.

One of the funniest things that happened to her was at a car show when she climbed onto the show cars (she wasn't one of the booth babes) and just draped herself all over the cars till the security asked her to stop.

She's a sociopath she plays things well enough that no one believed the people who already went through it with her, because shes so good at being whoever she needs to be to get what she wants from people.

>> No.6991495

>>6991479
I think it's Jinyo coming here to defend the show because lol girlfriend

>> No.6991503

>>6991451
Jinyo and Victoria are engaged.

Also, it is one big circle jerk. All of them hang out and go to dinners during cons.

This show makes me sick.

>> No.6991519
File: 50 KB, 170x144, dissapoint.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991493
that is sick

why hasn't she been ostracized off of the community yet? S'not like she ever was anything special from the looks of it (fake boobs don't count).

>> No.6991528

>>6991493
I can't stop laughing. This is hands down the dumbest thing I have read on /cgl/.

>> No.6991549

Isn't yaya married and has a 5yr old kid? I believe I saw the husband and kid running around with her in the background of course at sdcc this past weekend

>> No.6991555

>>6991519

Not enough people know about what kind of person she really is. She's like a Chinese version of Usagi-Kou, but with fake breasts. I mean, honestly, take a look at this thread here and any thread that comes up about her or Jessica Nignog. They have their white knights and they have people who never chilled with them or worked with them on a personal level, so they don't know their head from their ass. They just see a decent amount of craftsmanship (which isn't even always hers, because she does commission and doesn't give credit or she gets help on a costume and doesn't always credit) and big tits. Not to mention how many neckbeards we have on the internet who only fawn over her because she caters to their Weeaboo fantasies of finding an Asian chick who has huge knockers like some real life Hakufu.

There are people who know and then there are people who don't know and don't believe, because shattering their precious little bubble about their cosuplayu idoru would mean accepting that she's a terrible person. Yes, some of her costumes are really nice, but I've honestly seen better. I've seen A LOT of cosplayers who work harder and don't get as much attention, simply because they don't whore themselves out like she does. Or, simply because they refuse to flush thousands of dollars down the shitter for a pair of fake tits. Sorry, but not everyone needs or wants those.

>> No.6991558

>>6991549

I heard that she used to be married in the past, back before she had the boob job done. Not sure about now.

>> No.6991577

>>6991456
Omg, anons.

That was taken from their blog.

It's literally the next question down.

>> No.6991590 [DELETED] 

>>6991577
Where is this blog people are speaking of? I can't find it.

>> No.6991631

>>6991467
>>6991473
>>6991479
>>6991488
>>6991493

lol you guys are so fucking stupid
wow

official new cgl copypasta

>> No.6991637
File: 40 KB, 349x642, jkruse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991631
OH YA GUD 1!

>> No.6991646

>>6991558
It's not very well known and they are seen in a few pics but not any that she posts mostly tagged ones

>> No.6991714

>>6991646

Never seen the husband or the kid. Wonder how they must feel or why she doesn't tell people.

>> No.6991719

>>6991714
To keep them from getting caught up in all the shittalk that goes on here...? Even when the rumors are true, seems pretty obvious that she'd want to keep family out of it.

>> No.6991734

>>6991528
That's a true story actually. Major shit went down between her and Twinkle and Lindze years ago.

>> No.6991762

I dare someone to ask their stupid blog what Riki's role was on X-Men: First Class. Going to be funny to see how much she lied about her resume yet again

>> No.6991773

>>6991734

I've noticed that Yaya basically mirrors herself after Lindze. It's like she wants so badly to be white or something. Their Facebook pages look almost identical.

>> No.6991796

>>6991734
As an oldfag who knows the story, no. It is not a true story. You must have just WISHED you were a friend of a friend, because your "facts" are about as factual as Republicans on abortion/climate change/Obama's nationality, etc.

But feel free to continue spreading the rumors, because fiction is frequently funnier and more interesting than reality.

>> No.6991803

>>6991796
Well how about you clear it up for us then, oh wise oldfag

>> No.6991807
File: 483 KB, 500x439, mj.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991803
No.

>> No.6991809

>>6991807
Then you are clearly just as full of shit as >>6991734
and >>6991493

>> No.6991821

>>6991796

okay white knight, you can go back to jizzing on the tits of a 40 year old azn tramp now.

>> No.6991829

Erm, all in all, I'd rather have Yaya and the other members of the current cast then what you normally see about cosplay on TV.
Oversized Narutos, the army of akatsuki coats, furries of what should not be furried, the armada of attack on titan jackets, the hugs signs, the walking boxes with a crappy gun, shall I go on about mediocre cosplay?
I have the feeling that I just infuriated some of the more vocal people who replied, but let's put people where they belong.

Lets go to the Original questions:
No, this will not be Yaya's show, it will be a crappy drama show.
More mainstream? Cosplay is mainstream for quite a while now. This is just one example.
Yaya taking it to have it on TV? You think that if Yaya wasn't in there the show would not be there? Come on, don't be naive.

Yes, this show will probably suck. Could there have been a better cast? Probably.
Could it have been worse? Definately.
Accept that it is what it is. It will not hurt you personally, so who cares. Just sit back and take the popcorn.

>> No.6991842

>>6991762
Why don't YOU do it?

>> No.6991848

>>6991829
so by your logic, mediocre cosplayers shouldn't represent cosplay community.

Well then Yaya shouldn't represent cosplay community at all! Her costumes are shoddy and looks awful up close. The only reason she gets away with it is because of her fake boobs. If she was average or fat and goes out to say she's cosplay ambassador, she'd get flamed hard.

>> No.6991887

>>6991848

She shouldn't be representing jack shit. She doesn't give a shit about what she cosplays, just so long as it flatters her tits in some way and she gets attention. She treats people like shit yet goes on to make remarks like the aforementioned in those screenshots of her Facebook and Twitter; That sunshine babyfart speech about us all needing to not be divided. It's saturated in irony and honestly, it's fucking disgusting how many people still continue to white knight for her despite the countless stories from people who have met her and worked with her who even attest to her being a bitch. Or, how about the bullshit where she stomped her feet and whined about all of the attention that she got over her tits?

No fucking doctor tells a woman that she needs a surgery that is completely elective. She went out and got those pudding sacks herself for the sake of garnering attention and then her sandy cunt self cries about people staring or saying shit. It's one thing if you're born with large tits and don't have the money to get a reduction, but she clearly had the money to get them increased. She made her bed and she needs to fucking sleep in it.

She's obnoxious and I can understand why people would be pissed off with her; She's one of those people who clung to popular cosplayers until she was able to make a name for herself and then turned into a diva when she had no room to be.

Although, I will enjoy laughing at her when she's 80, still trying to cosplay, and lugging around granny implants.

>> No.6991897

>>6991848
>implying she doesn't get flamed hard
I'm not a Yaya fangirl by any standard, in fact I hardly know much about her at all, but I do know that for every fapping neckbeard who will white knight her, there are at least 3 seagulls who think she's ugly/fake/annoying etc...

Maybe that's just /cgl/ though, I don't spend a lot of time on reddit or tumblr.

>> No.6991902
File: 65 KB, 471x655, yaya han3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6991905
File: 44 KB, 409x393, mahniggadon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991902
lel

>> No.6991956

>>6991045
>I'm seriously expecting to be told a few things that I'm dreading to hear, one of them being that she doesn't know jack shit about the characters that she cosplays as and only does so for attention.

At one point she did know the characters and cared about the source material but now she fucking doesn't. She just picks them for attention and which one has the most detailed costume. For cripe's sake, she couldn't even pronounce Sheryl Nome's name correctly when that character's full name is mentioned at least ONCE every episode in that show. I doubt she's into the things she cosplays from now because of that. May be a dumb reason, but it was evident enough she never watched the show from that mistake.

>> No.6991961

>>6991092
Not cat ears in general but those plastic cat ears you see on just about every weeaboo at a con.

>> No.6991967

>>6991189
>The problem is that now people will think cosplay is all about tits and ass, and not about genuine love of the series.

We have that problem already though. I think it got a LOT worse when JNig came onto the scene. After that, all of a sudden there were a ton of attention whore sluts doing bra and panty "cosplays" hoping it would lead to a modeling career.

>> No.6991981

>>6991829

>furries of what should not be furried

Hope you're prepared to watch the show and see them running around at anime convention dressed up from Cats the Musical.

>> No.6991986
File: 1.54 MB, 1700x2168, 1373411738199.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991967

At least JNig is nice, right? I mean, I've heard that she's stupid as shit and isn't into anything nerdy, but I haven't heard anything about her being mean. I'd take a clueless, kind girl over a nasty bitch.

>> No.6991992

>>6991986
She's stolen pictures from photographers before and refused to pay and even blamed it on the photographer when called out on it.

Not as sweet as she may seem.

>> No.6992003

>>6991992

I'm confused. What??

>> No.6992015

>>6992003
masamune photography

>> No.6992083

>>6992003
All the answers can be found here http://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S6805236

>> No.6992087

She also cheated on her fiance with some kid to seal a sponsorship.

>> No.6992104
File: 26 KB, 296x399, normal_Oh_Shit_Nigger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991967
You do realize that there were ALWAYS bra and underwear cosplays at comic con...just Jessica was the first attractive one..fit with nice boobs and much nicer face than most girls there..the king that jocks at high school go for...thats why she was noticed...

>> No.6992111
File: 36 KB, 526x473, 936.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991992
that is the ONLY thing you have on her

and the only side of the story is the photographers
I heard there was an agreement...just they trolled her and her manager and said they never did...and all the haters of Jniger agreed....

why wouldnt they? This was going to be the ONLY thing they they had against Nigri...to say she truley was Satan...the mean heartless girl every fat chick thought (wished) she was

>> No.6992142

>>6991519
Do you know how hard it is to pin sociopaths/narcissists to ANYTHING solid?
That's their fucking game man.
I can kind of believe it just from the fucking wank circle that her facebook page is that she needs some sort of attention to be level headed.

>> No.6992203

>>6992142
especially in cosplay community, where people are sheeps with little to no self-esteem and confidence to stand up for themselves.

>> No.6992206

>>6992142

Thank you so much. Like, really. It's nice to have someone else get this sort of shit. I feel like whenever I talk about this, I'm either dealing with extremely naive people or just fuckers in denial.

I'll just chill here and wait to be called an asshurt fatty for criticizing someone on their shitty behavior.

>> No.6992204

who the fuck is yaya?

>> No.6992209
File: 107 KB, 419x465, twi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6992204

A 40 year old attention whore.

>> No.6992214

>>6991104
Your right though, I see it all the time on so many sites where ppl are all of a sudden jumping on the cosplay bandwagon and being like ZOMG WE'RE SO COOL AND UNIQUE LOLOLOL
as much as I appreciate cosplay becoming a bigger thing and becoming more accepted, I just find it hypocritical that the ones who used the give me weird looks when I would even mention cosplay are all now super into it like they discovered the thing..

>> No.6992232

>>6991807
>someone asks you to clarify the story because you obviously know the truth
>refuse to do it

nice logic there, retard.

>> No.6992233

>>6992204
>who would fuck yaya?

I'd consider it for a rough weekend. I'd rather marry Precious. How did she not end up on this show?

>> No.6992626

>>6992209
Anyone who considers themself a cosplayer is an attention whore.
Person who dresses up in costumes for people to gawk at and take photos of = attention whore

>> No.6993032

Wait, cosplay is mainstream now? I'm a northern eurofag and here we still get strange glances and people come up to us to ask what's this all about and what's the deal with our clothes every time there's a con in town. And the cosplayers are huge nerds since no normal person would be caught dead dressed up as a cartoon character. So are you really telling me that in the U.S some shitty Yaya cosplay reality show has made cosplay a mainstream thing for the normos?

>> No.6993101

>>6993032
Not quite. 'Famous cosplayers' and their fanboys think it is because few companies in US use cosplayers as cheap volunteer for promotional works. Not to mention, these cosplayers involved want Cosplay to become more mainstream so they can get out of their financial debt without having to go get a real job.

Tldr US cosplayers are wankers.

>> No.6993345

>>6993101
What you mean to say is that European cosplayers want the same shit, they just can't get it because they aren't hot enough.

>> No.6993379

>>6993032
Can I come to Europe? Please?

>> No.6993411
File: 610 KB, 2592x1944, IMG_20130621_131901.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I found this in a magazine in my moms attic. Its from 2006.

>> No.6993414
File: 36 KB, 603x527, harris.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991104
>>6991138
>>6991149
>>6992214

>> No.6993418

>>6993101
So you mean, they get money (or how else would they get out of their financial debt) for promotional work?
Money for doing something?
Please define real job, since you described just that.

Anyway, they all probably get a load of money for it, directly and indirectly, so good for them. Heck, I doubt I would refuse it if they came to me with a decent offer. And 90% of you all would be lying if you say you would not.

>> No.6993504

>>6993414
And then he gets shit on for his "sexism", when he's 100% right.

>> No.6993603

>>6993414

I'm the fairy story girl and I'm a little confused. Are you agreeing with those of us who got upset or..? I'm really sorry if I sound stupid. I'm a little out of it today.

>> No.6993646

>>6993603

They probably posted it because cosplayers shitstormed that guy after he posted that rant.

>> No.6993675

Marty Gear's corpse is still warm and we're already rifling through his pockets to take his credit and give it to people like Yaya, just because enough people on the internet think she's pretty.

You guys are doing a pretty great job of reminding why I hate this fucking hobby sometimes.

>> No.6993692

>>6992111
>and the only side of the story is the photographers

You're full of shit.

>> No.6996223

These are fake nerd girls. You know why? Being a nerd isn't just about liking comic books and Star Trek, or even just liking science or math. It also means you're a social reject, unattractive by most standards, and the last person any guy would want to fuck. I don't give a fuck if someone claims the definition "changed", because in my book, a slutty girl with fake boobs and legions of fanboys who CLAIMS they're a fan or whatever, or climbed on someone's dick so they could get a job in the gaming industry, is not a nerd in any shape or form. They just want attention, and will drop their "nerdy" identities once the next trend arises.

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=youre_not_a_nerd
Hit the nail on the head.

>> No.6996279

>>6996223

Boy howdy. I'd watch for cuts around this guy, given how edgy he is.

>> No.6997214

>>6996223
Troll in the dungeon!

>> No.6997357
File: 185 KB, 377x398, yayacantprforshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

'Fuck fun' she says

>> No.6997383

>>6997357

She's so full of shit

>> No.6997384

>>6996223
I know this feel, but it sucks because I was ugly and a reject all my life and didnt actually get pretty until my 20's .... So I still consider myself a nerd but now I'm rejected by both nerdy peeps and socially adjusted ones because of my looks. Which sucks. I hate how shallow social groups are, especially nerd ones.

>> No.6997395

>>6997357
>> pay bills

...seriously?

>> No.6997417

>>6997357
>>6997395

yes, i understand, I have to cosplay so hard to support my glamorous waitressing career

>> No.6997421
File: 794 KB, 906x1218, bernini_apollo_and_daphne2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6997357
>the highest form of art

Yeah, you sure showed up Bernini, Yaya. Way to go.

>> No.6997443

>>6997357
>Escapism
>To be yourself
Pick 1, Yaya.

>> No.6997468

>>6997214
How is that trolling when it's true?

>> No.6997469

>>6997357
>Unafraid of anything

Except being seen without makeup on, apparently.

Cosplay is escapism, she's right. But escapism is not exactly the best way to "be yourself".

If she wanted to really have self-worth she could start by getting off the internet for awhile and learning to like the way she looks without makeup on. If she didn't have such an ego to feed she might end up figuring out that there's a really big world out there that doesn't involve constant self-gratification and pretending to be something you're not.

>> No.6997495

>>6997384
I know this feel, I was really awkward and my weight fluctuates a lot due to hormone problems. But as I have been getting older I have been getting a better handle on things and have had to take better care of my hygiene and looks not just for myself but to help myself look professional in the workplace. Also I am a ginger so people either love me and treat me like a sex object fantasy goddess. Or they treat me like a troll monster freak mutant. Still even tough I have a nice face, and have been keeping myself in shape and taking good care of myself and the way I dress. So no matter what I can't win many "nerdy" people reject me for "looking good" even tough that is highly subjective especially among normal fags. And once my power level or interests slip out I am rejected or treated as weird by any normal fags that do manage to find me attractive. People judge too much based off of looks. Funny thing is I find the only men I do have any success with are Latino men, especially Puerto Rican men. Any other gingers have this issue? I find that most white guys I meet outside of conventions treat me like I have a disease, but once I step into a comic book convention (in or out of cosplay) the guys are all romantic and sweet on me. Its just something I noticed that is strange.

>> No.6997599

>>6997357
>creativity
>dressing up as an already established character

>> No.6997890

>>6997357
I feel like this could be a bit more tolerable if she was a bit more coherent.

>> No.6998775

>>6997599
This this this this a thousand times this. Thanks. This is why I got out of cosplay and started to focus on real art. There, I said it, real art. Creating something that already exists is procedural fabrication as far as I'm concerned.

>> No.6999580

>>6998775
Define real art please.
This makes for a very nice discussion.
I see people drawing four squars and claim it is art.
I see people taking pictures of buildings, and fotoshopping them, and people say it is art.
I see people making very real looking drawings of real people and it is understood as art.
In that sense, is making a real looking version of a drawing any less art?
If copying an established charater to real life is not art, why is painting something that is alive to a piece of canvas defined as art?

Before you answer that for yourself, remind that the true artist is open of mind, not closed, and can find joy in unexpected places.

To me, making a very good costume of what only exist on a videoscreen, is no less an artistic feat than painting a very good painting of a landscape.

>> No.6999717

>>6991714
lawl. same story with that Rosie Os girl, minus the husband.

>> No.6999813

>>6999580
>Before you answer that for yourself, remind that the true artist is open of mind, not closed, and can find joy in unexpected places.

What is this shit? Since when is art about finding rainbows and sunshine?

>> No.7000296
File: 305 KB, 636x350, Screen Shot 2013-07-27 at 7.39.45 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did you guys see there's an 'extended first look' at Heroes of Cosplay now? Still not sure how I feel about it, looks to me like a big circlejerk. But if they're going to be showing off techniques and stuff (pic related) I will definitely watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epo1F4lc_lE

>> No.7000309

>>6999580
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_shit
I submit that if THAT is art, so is cosplay or videogames or cakefarts

>> No.7000337

>>7000296
Can someone please get a live stream of the show going for those of us not in the US? I really need to see this possible train wreck.

>> No.7000594

>>7000296
As much as faceoff showed technique (it didn't).

>> No.7000786
File: 132 KB, 800x1200, 132627693634.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have some Riki Tits guys

>> No.7000787
File: 126 KB, 600x800, 132627157523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

and some ass

>> No.7000802

>>7000786
Thant's not Rikimaru.

>> No.7000815

>>7000296

Those last 15 seconds are really embarassing to watch

>> No.7000825

>>7000786
please tell me you have the full sets. i miss having all of them.

>> No.7000834

>>7000786
She has the same LINES FROM WORKING OUT as PT

>> No.7000861

>>6991239
lol, don't forget mixxzine and smile!

seriously though, so glad that I don't have to pay $29 for 2 episodes of whatever on goddamn vhs anymore

>> No.7000865

>>7000861
Remember when there was that unofficial code that if you watched a fansub, you bought the US release to at least give it some support? 6th gen VHS fansubs traded and duped constantly

>> No.7000871

>>7000786
From the thumbnail, it looks like she's peeing really forcefully through her panties

>> No.7000876

>>7000871
i'd watch that

>> No.7000879

>>6999813
Yeah you kinda missed the point.
What that anon said is that an artist learns to appreciate all forms of art, even when he might not like them.

>> No.7000896

>>7000786
This her?
http://www.onemodelplace.com/models/lafiel

>> No.7000922

>>7000865
i was pretty secluded/anti-social in general, so i never had access to fansubs before torrenting....outside of buying stuff myself, there were like 6 videos in the anime section of my local block buster, sailor moon, ronin warriors, and saturday anime.

maybe it's just the oldfag in me, but i still buy a fair amount of us releases in the hopes that I am somehow supporting the industry. I think I have Ninja Scroll in like 4 different formats now becuse of this.... ehehehe....

>> No.7000942

>>6991045
The community was more aware of her personal issues and backstabbings back in the day. She hasn't done that (openly) so people not in the community who know of her shenanigans anymore aren't there to say. Do know she burned several people though, acts like a giant attention whore, plays the "Oh I'm Chinese I don't understand" card when you try calling her out on her shit, complains about her tits getting negative attention when she whips them out in a moment's notice, and did that whole bullshit with the Chii ears.

>> No.7000960

>>6991549
>>6991558

She used to be married a few years ago. In fact it's how she got her green card. She was sweet and demure apparently, got the green card, got fame-hungry and did a lot of fucked up shit. I doubt if she's a step-mom it's hers though. Unless her husband omitted details or she had one between then and her Vegas strip job I've never heard of that before. Her husband (or ex because at the time they were still married because of the green card/her refusing to sign divorce papers) came in ranting about what happened about 5 years ago.

>> No.7000970

>>6992233
Because Precious has a thing called standards and a husband. Say what you want about her but most of those chicks have an ego or need for fame that is bigger than Yaya's titties or backfat.

>> No.7001027

>>6991456
Glad to finally see an answer like this.

I'm sure most people informed of / interested in this show feel similarly to how you do. But very few of them venture into this dank space of CGL.

Anyway, I agree with your sentiment here. Don't have TV though, so I guess my support and curiosity in the show is all for naught.

>> No.7001029

>>6991809

lol
desperation?

>> No.7001035

>>6992232
>doesn't know the definition of "logic"

>> No.7001261

>>7001027
get off cgl, Jinyo!

>> No.7001487

>>6993646
Got a log? I wanna see the replies.

>> No.7001493

>>7001035
More like anon just seems like an attention whore.

>> No.7001506
File: 22 KB, 200x280, Gear,_Marty-200x280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6993675
>Marty Gear

whoa, I didn't even know about him and damn you are right.
He's been a fixture at cons since 1953 and began what became the International Costumer's Guild. Holy shit man. Major props to him, rest his soul.

When you compare what he has accomplished to what we have now in Nig, Yaya, and their ilk we are so easily fooled by zomg boobs and lipgloss.

>> No.7001517

>>7001506
This. All of this.

RIP Marty. A truly classy gentleman.

>> No.7001542

>>7001506
SECOND

Yaya, Jnig, Vampy, and all those hacks are nothing compared to this man.

Long live Marty!

>> No.7002906

>>7001542
Third

>> No.7002921

>>7002906
FOURTH AND FIFTH!

>> No.7003328

>>6989342
no one tell them about those many other times cosplay has been shown off to the world. magazine articles in big mags like time and wired. on tv many times over the years even before g4 dressed up sara underwood for cons. oh, those vhs tapes and dvds all about cosplaying.. we wouldn't want to think those did anything either. cosplay is a brand new start up in the last few years, we should appreciate this... why not just show off homestuck and be done with it?

>> No.7003764

>>6990771
as if anime expo isnt already fucked.

>> No.7004414

>>7003764
I'd still rather AX than some of the other big cons.

>> No.7004572

I said this before, and it really sticks. It's representing the 1% of cosplay.

>> No.7004589

>>6991399
Ding ding ding, winner winner

>> No.7004605
File: 2.70 MB, 320x180, 1369255942866.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6991181
Anon let me tell you a story.
The same sort of shit was happening to me, a lower middle class white girl, by a group of black kids. And my school refused to do anything about it because all of the kids and their families would pull the "you're just saying that because I'm black" card.
So one day, they pushed my friend down onto the side walk in front of a moving school bus and I lost it and tackled the one kid to the ground, beat the shit out of him, and then wrestled the main black chick to the ground before they separated all of us.
No black kids ever bothered me again.
I actually had to deal with this shit more in middle school than in high school. By then I think everyone just kept their bullying or whatever to snide comments made behind my back.

>> No.7004625

>>7004605
jesus, anon
was your friend okay?

>> No.7004623

>>6996223
Are you shitting me? I was bullied so fucking badly most of my life for having sever social anxiety problems as a kid, and being a huge weaboo most of middle school, and being a "nerd" all of high school. But by no means am I ugly. Oh no, I actually consider myself to be one of the prettiest girls who graduated my year. I was actually the best looking person at my Junior Prom, an yes, I actually took satisfaction in that at the time. So why on earth to looks have to factor in with being a "real nerd?" I'm sorry you're so butthurt for probably being ugly or just not trying to put forth any effort into your looks after puberty, but don't drag the rest of us down with you.
Not every "real nerd girl" or whatever has to look like a fucking troll.
Christ

>> No.7004631

>>7004623
ugh sorry for the rant guys, and the spelling erors. I'm going to bed.

>> No.7004635

>>7004625
Yeah, she was just really shaken up. And ironically enough, at the time she was just starting her weaboo phase. She looked super normal, and was just a regular shy bookish girl.
A year later she chopped off all of her hair and demanded everyone call her "Riku."
But still they pushed her in front of a moving vehicle before school started because she was a "loser" and it was "funny"

>> No.7004637
File: 124 KB, 720x720, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can we take a moment to look at how this is apparently supposed to be a cosplay of Malon?

I have nothing against "sexy" cosplays, but an in recognizable, sexified CLOSET cosplay shouldn't be on the show. Not unless you can at least recognize the character.

>> No.7004641
File: 16 KB, 138x200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7004637
The character.

>> No.7004646

>>7004623

This.

>> No.7004651

>>7004637
....wait that's supposed to be Malon from Zelda? I thought it was just like....a sexy elf bar maid?

>> No.7004656
File: 1.75 MB, 358x202, 1366509757687.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7004623

>> No.7004662

>>6997357

YOU ARE 40 AND LITERALLY PLAYING DRESS-UP AS AN ACTUAL CAREER

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN YOU'RE 55 AND CAN'T HIDE BEHIND EYELINER AND PHOTOSHOP ANYMORE.

dear sweet baby jesus this woman needs help. I'm not trying to be rude. She literally needs to take time away from the public and talk to a professional because it would be doing herself and the community on the whole a huge favour.

>> No.7004664

>>7004651
Yeah, it is supposed to be Malon.
And this is a fucking preview image for the official show.

>> No.7004667

>>7000296

This makes me feel really embarrassed that I cosplay.

I never realized how big of losers cosplayers are until I saw it put together in a show trailer...
I mean, I will still cosplay, but now I realize what a loser I am.

>> No.7004672

>>7002921

mother fucking sixth'd

>> No.7004742

>>7004623
THIS THIS THIS. I was bullied HORRENDOUSLY for being a fucking nerd and loser, but once I really hit puberty and got really good looking, suddenly I wasn't a 'real nerd' anymore.
Hardly anyone question the degree my nerd investment before then, but God forbid you're attractive and like fucking comics or anime

>> No.7004758

>>7004637
I'm pretty sure this is originally from There Will Be Brawl, a noir-ified web series (it's actually super good save Becky Young's atrocious acting). Malon, along with a few others, are actually prostitutes in the series, so it makes a little more sense.

Confused as to why it's a preview image for the show though...

>> No.7004778
File: 141 KB, 500x500, twbb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7004637
Yeah, I remembered correctly. Damn good show.

>> No.7004803
File: 97 KB, 400x488, tumblr_mhm1ggJseS1ql47dpo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7004742
EXACTLY. Because nerds are supposed to be unattractive, right? Now I have to fucking prove myself all of the time because I obviously can't be a "real nerd" with all of my makeup and designer dress and layered hair. How dare I walk into the manga section of the book store and whine about how Railgun is at the top shelf and I have to jump to get it. Oh you guys are talking about Journey into Mystery? That was the only take on Loki I've ever liked - Oh sorry apparently I never read the damn comics and now have to prove what a "Marvel fan" I am or some shit. Fuck you I'll read all the damn slash fanfiction on AO3 that I want and be the biggest fucking loser ever but I will look damn good while doing so.
Picture not related

>> No.7004929

>>6991762
Costume wise?
Is she in the costume union? If she's not, then she didn't make anything for it. She could have been a PA on set.

>> No.7004936

>>7004758
Either they don't knor what noir is or you don't because that show wasn't film noir.

>> No.7004938

>>7004929
She worked on First Class holding a hair dryer or something for a few hours one day when it shot on location at Tybee Island or whatever, it was the last place they shot, she didn't work wardrobe, she sure as hell didn't make the wardrobe it was made months ahead of time and there is no way she's good enough to be in the IATSE or whoever handles wardrobe.

>> No.7004958

>>7004803
>>7004742

people people, it's not about whether you're attractive or not. It's what you do with your nerd knowledge that matters. Of course there are attractive nerd folks out there that genuinely loves their fandom. But a lot of other pretty-faced 'nerds' don't really care about fandom, they only want to use their beauty to manipulate people into buying their image.

You're the unfortunate victims of stereotype these people have created. So you want to get angry at someone, aim your anger at people like yaya and jnig.

>> No.7004967

>>7004938
You got it right, IATSE local 705 Costumers union handles the making of costumes, all the way to dressing actors and working on set. First class was a union film, (like almost every big film)

>> No.7005002

>>7004967
why even lie about something like that?

>> No.7005006

>>7005002
because these 'famous cosplayers' are insecure bunch?

>> No.7005015

>>7005002
She acts like she sewed the entire cast's blue and yellow suits the night before filming and then went down to the set for a meet and greet and sat around while cameras rolled. Serious issues with that bitch.

>> No.7005017

>>7005015
The weird thing is she knows not to lie about it online, so she is incredibly vague until you get her in person when she spills the beans; "Yeah that was me, I made those suits and helped with the Beast make-up."
Oh, you work for ADI? No honey you don't.

>> No.7005071

>>7005017
well if she told syfy that or mentioned while the cameras are rolling, she's pretty much fucked.

>> No.7005280

>>7004958
>So you want to get angry at someone, aim your anger at people like yaya and jnig.

True words.
They are the ones causing the stereotype, tell them as much. People claim that oh one person cannot ruin a hobby. Well guess what, yes they fucking can.

>> No.7005403 [DELETED] 

>>7005017
Took 2 seconds to look up an interview where she talks about her X men work @ 1:15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HugItj7Q2i8

I don't normally don't listen to cosplayers unless they have their tits out, so thanks for wasting my time 4chan with your lack of research.

>> No.7005412

>>7005017
I talked to her at SDCC about it after reading about it on 4chan. She said she was a very tiny part of a large team that made up the beast while they were filming the last scenes in GA. Her main responsibility were helping the actor get dressed and helping take care of him on set. Also if the makeup artist needed her to run any errands. I was hoping she would talk it up and I could call her on her bullshit, but she was pretty humble about the whole thing.

>> No.7005445

>>7005412

I wonder if it was in how you approached her.
What did you say?

>> No.7005551

>>7005017
Wow, no. Those uniforms were made at a union costume shop, by team of stitchers and patternmakers. If she's ever really taken credit like that, then I can't imagine that she's worked in a shop. We're a close knit group, taking credit like that is a huge insult.

>> No.7005574

>>6991503
no they aren't engaged and probably never will be.

he makes all of Victoria's costumes for her so I guess that's the ring in itself.

>> No.7005621

>>7004958
So much this!

>> No.7005633

>>7005551
Just did a search and she posted on her FB a blog about working on the beast and credits Sammy Sheldon for the costume and other people for the suit and makeup, she only says she dressed him in the suit and put on his arms. I think someone just has a beef with this chick.

>> No.7005643

>>7005551
Came across this after a link to a similar interview was posted. She mentions the movie and seems to be pretty honest about what she claims to have done. I think cgl is getting in a tizzy over no0thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HugItj7Q2i8

>> No.7005646

>>7005412
Even that's a stretch but I get she's stopped talking it up because she knows she's gotten her ass in trouble.

>> No.7005647

>>7005633
The thing is she didn't even do that, a guy named Andre Freitas did that.

>> No.7005648

>>7005643
Published this year after she got in major shit on /CGL/ for the whole thing, how convenient is that? She's trying to cover her ass and talking this down, when she wasn't in the limelight she could talk this up, now that she will be on national TV she can't.

>> No.7005650

>>7005633
Seconding this theory. I asked Riddle once about how I could get involved in the movie industry and she was brutally honest about how difficult it is to find steady work and how un-glamorous the work can be because the costumes are usually done by the ultra pros, then the newbs they hire for filming will be lucky to even whitebase an actor for special fx.

>> No.7005651

>>7005647
I know Andre, he did the makeup for the photo double assisting another guy. The photo double had their own team of people on suits, lets be honest If anyone brags about their accomplishments its Andre, he is a talented guy but he would never be doing grunt work like that.

>> No.7005654

>>7005651
Hi Riddle. Got caught and now you're running defense I see.

>> No.7005658

>>7005648
I think people are confusing Riddle with Miracole, who constantly lies about the work she's done on movie and tv sets. It's pitiful. I have friends who were extras on Walking Dead who said her job was to put masks on people but the way she spins it she'd make you think shes the sole artist responsible for Bicycle Girl.

>> No.7005664

>>7005658
We've been through this before, no I'm not confusing the two. Miracole Burns is another story and if she was on this dumb SyFy show we'd be slamming her too. Nice misdirect there Riddle.

>> No.7005676 [DELETED] 

>>7005633
>>7005643
>>7005650
Hey guys you know George Zimmerman shot Treyvon Martin in self defense so it's ok right? It's true because he said it was /after/ committing the crime.

>> No.7005696

>>7005676

.... That comparison is going to get you nowhere on 4chan, I'm afraid.

>> No.7005717

>>7005696
Ok, and?

>> No.7006165

>>7005664
Second.

>> No.7006175

>>7005658
I know Miracole has done some legit costume dept. work on film and TV series around Atlanta since I've worked with her a bit, though I don't know the full extent of her experience and the only stuff we did together took place in modern day, real world settings.

>> No.7006432

>>6997357
And this woman's saying she's cosplay ambassador?

>> No.7006459
File: 79 KB, 625x505, missbrick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7004623
>Oh no, I actually consider myself to be one of the prettiest girls who graduated my year. I was actually the best looking person at my Junior Prom,
Wow, way to make yourself sound like a huge cunt instead of getting your point across. For the record, weeaboos aren't nerds. They're weeaboos. Social anxiety problems doesn't make you a nerd either. And if you're so goddamned pretty, post your picture for everyone to see, you arrogant little twat. Otherwise I call bullshit.

Also, your samefagging is really obvious.

>> No.7006466
File: 19 KB, 560x398, guntothehead.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7004637

>> No.7006489
File: 31 KB, 356x374, 1366509372881.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy God, just get over yourselves already. None of you whores are nerds.

Your special snowflake rants about your woeful high school days proves nothing.

>> No.7006551

I predict that this show's gonna be a ratings trainwreck

>> No.7006559

>>6997357
>>7004662

I'm crying, this is too funny.

I see nothing wrong with cosplaying and making a buck on it (if you can), but I'm genuinely curious, what does YaYa have to fall back on? Does she have a college degree, have a license to do a specialized kind of work?

I'm going to be blunt, her trying to back up playing dress up as a lucrative career(and I'm not talking Broadway, theater tier, that's not cosplay in the slightest) is laughable.

>> No.7006555

>>7006489
you are right they are technically geeks. unless one of them is obsessed with some niche subject that they want to be experts in.

>> No.7006562

>>7006489
I always thought being a nerd was a bad thing, and while i've been called nerd, It's always been hard for me to deal with being an underdog.
seeing this bitches begging people to call them nerds is just....sad...

>> No.7006584

>>7006489
athens athens stem mujor athens >>>/r9k/ >>>/a/ >>>/out/ >>>/pol/ buzzwords athens

>> No.7006612
File: 538 KB, 245x320, nQq29mp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7006489

Not everyone was trying to prove something. The thread got sidetracked with stories about someone's past. And, not everyone acted like they were an expert in a niche subject. The point of everyone's "woeful high school days" was to illustrate the irony of everything because, once upon a time, being into this sort of shit deemed you unfit for society. And, people got harassed for it. Some got harassed to the point where they either killed themselves, dropped out, or to this day are in therapy or on medication because it go so badly and no one stepped in.

It's not about being a special snowflake, it's about feeling insulted that your innocent hobby or interest that was once used to justify doing harm to you is now the trendiest thing. Any sane person would be pissed off by that. And, not because it's "muh secret club", but because it's a frustrating thing to have to deal with. They may not be able to change their pasts and others may have it worse, but that doesn't make them any less painful or any less relevant. It's not a pissing contest. Pain is pain.

>> No.7006626

>>7006612

*Got so bad, fuck my life. I'm tired.

>> No.7006642

>>7006612
>Some got harassed to the point where they either killed themselves, dropped out, or to this day are in therapy or on medication because it go so badly and no one stepped in.
If anyone actually kills themselves over someone thinking comic books are lame, then they're probably doing the world a favor.

>> No.7006705

>>7006642
>missing the damn point

>> No.7006753

>>7006642

Not killing themselves over someone thinking that what they like is lame. Killing themselves due to relentless harassment that goes either unnoticed or cowardly ignored.

You know, I get that this is 4chan and that it's the internet, but I don't get why some of you still pretend to not have emotions nor the ability to feel pain or get pissed off. The kiddy apathy 3edgy5me shit is getting old.

>> No.7006760

>>7006459
You, I like you.

>> No.7006967

>>7006459
Truth

>> No.7006994

>>7006559
she has no degree, no license, and no specific skill sets. The only thing she can do is sew and putting on a ton of make-ups.

>> No.7007027
File: 73 KB, 610x610, yaya-wonderwoman4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7006994
She apparently can't dress herself, either.
What is she going to do when she can't cosplay anymore and she has that husband and kid to support?

>> No.7007041

She looks awful from behind...

>> No.7007060
File: 201 KB, 441x634, Yaya_Han__Hypnotic_by_Phoenixtear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7007041

>> No.7007066

>>7007060
Kinda looks like the lady boy from the Hangover.

>> No.7007071
File: 45 KB, 640x480, 2001-04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7007078
File: 439 KB, 683x1024, Yaya_October_2006_by_antoniortiz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Age is a cruel thing.

>> No.7007080

>>7007027
It's pretty difficult tight lacing yourself into a corset that has no front closure. Having someone help you with that isn't shameful, is it?

>> No.7007087

>>7007080
Not a single person who I know that corsets themselves, including myself, requires the help of another. It's called learning.

>> No.7007214

>>7007078
That's not just age, she's had work done that wasn't on her tits. Notice those creases on her eyelids that weren't in this shot >>7007071

>> No.7007217

>>7007027
I see this and all I can think of is how badly that skirt needs to be ironed.

No wonder she gets so defensive and sensitive when people criticize her. She's going to have nothing once she gets too old to hide behind sexy getups and makeup.

>> No.7007262
File: 112 KB, 480x640, Yaya_Han_by_darthdemon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7007279
File: 104 KB, 1024x768, 2006-10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ohmygodwhatisthis

>> No.7007622

Yaya and Riki are both mid-30s now, right?

>> No.7007649
File: 9 KB, 183x275, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7007622
Yaya is about 32-34.

Now I don't think someone gets to an age too old to cosplay. But I do think that you have to start taking how you look into account when you begin to show age so you can incorporate it into the cosplay.

It's not a requirement of course, cosplay whatever you want. It's just a thing to take into account so you can look your best.

>> No.7007653

>>7007649
I just always remember them popping up when I used to cosplay and run in the same circles. I'm about to turn 34 now and I recall them being about the same age. Maybe I should go back to cosplaying, does anyone still care about hentai cosplay? It was so rare back in the late 90s/early 00s when I graduated from jailbait to college student.

>> No.7007672

>>7007653

I just turned 34 myself. I know their age has to be close to mine because we used to run in the same circles as well. I wonder if you and I know each other?

Nope, no one cares if you cosplay from hentai. There is Bible Black cosplay at several cons and no one bats an eye.
I know Fate/StayNight may not be seen as hentai but it's accepted as well.

>> No.7007738

>>7007027
wait is he wearing a T shirt with her on it

>> No.7007794

>>7007649
No Yaya turns 37 this year. Funny Side note: she lies about her age regarding internet profiles. Some say she is from 1980, other 1982, etc.

>> No.7007797

>>7007279
I don t see anything wrong with this picture?

>> No.7007951

>>7007622
No, Riki is a satyr he's like the middle child of his family.

>> No.7007985

>>7007214
She draws the creases on with eyeshadow. If you look at her rare no-makeup photos or look at her in person you can see this. She has flat lids.

>> No.7008027

>>7007672
I never managed to do Bible Black. I wanted to, but it felt like every starter hentai cosplayer was doing it at the time when I moved here from Japan because it looked pretty normal for an anime school uniform. You'd ask them about the show and they had never seen it. Why cosplay something you've never watched? I liked my costumes for Urotsukidoji, Shusaku (my best friend would come as Shusaku), Cool Devices, and Night Shift Nurses. My Kekko Kamen costume was denied in the States even with everything covered and the cloth head bands clinging over said spots, too.

>> No.7008286

>>7000896
>http://www.onemodelplace.com/models/lafiel
Oh, Good Lord, that's funny. She's barely 5 foot nothing, and she wanted to model.

BTW, compare those photos (from 2005) to recent pics if you don't think she's had a boob job.

>> No.7008302

5'?

>> No.7008401

>>7007797
She's supposed to be Mulan and the make up is done wrong. The eyeshadow is supposed to be purple, not tan. Mulan's face was powder white when she was in the kimono, not tan and shiny. Her hair is greasy. The lipstick is a cheap brand from a drug store and you can tell by the consistency and how it would be easily smeared. Overall, aside from looking like a man, the face is terrible looking. It's greasy/shiny with incorrect make up.

But, you know, feel free to white knight.

>> No.7008410
File: 340 KB, 476x650, Yaya__Mitsuko_01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7008411

>>7006489
This. You can tell just by reading their posts.

>> No.7008420

>>6991112
Yeah I think she's about 5'-5'1''ish; very close to my own small height when I met her.

She's 27-28 now, and while she does look very different than in her photos, she doesn't look terribly old. Looks her age. As opposed to Nigri, who looks older.
While her photos are shopped, I do think she knows how to pose to maximize her photo's shopping potential. >>6991095 This photo has a terrible angle. It'd be challenging to look good from this angle.

But what everyone else has said. I don't think cosplay really needs a spokesperson. It's gone mainstream enough and doesn't need anymore help. It will likely go back into being a fad in the next 10 years after the boom is over, but I'm not sure if I'd like to be remembered as someone who tried to be like Yaya Han because I dressed up in costumes.
Despite the details in her costumes, she really is only known for her boobs. Anyone else with that much detail wouldn't be nearly as popular, despite the hard work.

>> No.7008422

>>7008286
I had a MM account way back then too, mostly because I was just trying to find decent photographers cause cosplay photography back then was pretty shitty.

>> No.7008431
File: 20 KB, 300x206, masseffectcosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so /cgl/ looking to you to find out more on these two

>> No.7008437

>>7008420
she's at least thirty something by now, no way is she still 27-28

>> No.7008439
File: 12 KB, 249x202, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7008420
>>27-28
>> Yaya-han

>> No.7008441

>>7008431
Neither of them are actually important, so who the hell cares.

>> No.7008456

>>7008431
One in black is Holly Conrad.
Her N7 armor is shitty like almost all N7 armors save for one, but it's super famous because she made it before the huge N7 hype.
At least she used carbon fiber vinyl to do the carbon fiber look, but that doesnt change the fact that it is lumpy as fuck.

So, really, she's only big because of the N7 armor. I dont even know if she has other cosplays.

No clue who the blue bitch is.

>> No.7008459
File: 158 KB, 784x900, 1341850257248.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7008456
Her friend who actually works for the lolcow that is Bioware.

Also, last time I mentioned what happened between her and Rana McAnear I was banned for a day for starting drama about a specific cosplayer.

>> No.7008462
File: 39 KB, 640x480, 2003-12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7008463

>>7008462
Yaya really has gotten a lot better at makeup over the years. It could also help the fact that she is making enough money somehow to afford proper brushes and product.

>> No.7008465
File: 85 KB, 700x800, 2005CowGirl11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7008485

>>7007649
She's 37/38. 32 year old Asian women don't have skin like that unless they tan or work fields. Besides her internet history is still around and she's older than Lindze or girls in her hayday

>> No.7008489
File: 173 KB, 467x665, Fetish_Geisha___Yaya_Han_by_Phoenixtear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7008492
File: 315 KB, 476x650, Yaya__Bubblegum_Angel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7008524

For a second here I just want to steer away from Yaya and talk about the show.

As I said before in this thread and many times to my friends, the show is going to show 1-5% of the cosplay community. At first I wasn't really happy with the idea of exposing a community that a lot of "normal average people" don't get, and instead of gently telling them what it is about, I have a feeling that once this show goes live, cosplayers are going to be looked at as possibly crazy people who "take away from their rent money" (somewhat of an actual quotation from the trailer online) to make ends meet on a cosplay project.

I know for a fact that there will be creativity shown, but of course even Syfy won't get away with showing 70% drama on the programming.

I was also pretty weird at first with cosplaying going more mainstream, but with the conventions I go to, it's not really that bad. I think it is a good opportunity for those who like somewhat nerdy things to find other people or even expand their interests. Because any convention is so different than everyday life to new comers that if it is something they really don't like, they won't come back. So in a way this show might bring in some more people in different generation or interest groups. ConnectiCon, which is considered to be the biggest multi-genre convention in New England, had a lot of new people coming into the whole cosplaying/con life, and I thought it was pretty cool. It's not all about anime, video games, or comics anymore but there are TV shows like Once Upon a Time and Supernatural...even table top RPGs.

Alright I kind of went off topic, but I find the whole concept of Heroes of Cosplay to be pretty bogus, but once someone steps into a convention, they get the real deal since the show is again showing only 1-5% of cosplayers.

>> No.7008533

>>7008524
(Cont)
Worst case scenario is that Heroes of Cosplay will cause a bigger wave of attention grabbing cosplayers who might consider themselves better than everyone else, but I can see the rest of the cosplay majority shunning these people and letting it die hard by not supporting their interests.

The whole idea behind the show is to market in my eyes. So I'm just not going to support it by doing my own thing. If the show gets hype and praise later on, that's good for them, but if what I got from the trailer will be the main theme for the rest of the show, fuck those guys because it's putting a horrible image on cosplay.

Most importantly: who the fuck thinks it's their "honor or duty" to represent such an alternative culture? There are so many different types of cosplayers, and you're going to represent all of us by showing the WORST part of the cosplay community?

>> No.7008540

Btw, if people like these douches I am hearing about made fun of you in high school or whatever for what you like, fuck those people. End of story. Everyone gets made fun of for something. How most people dealt with it was they went into adult life and made friends with the same interests.

Not that it is hard to deal with bullies, I agree that it can be annoying, but if you see these people in the cosplay community, don't judge them as harshly as they did to you. Don't make a cycle out of it. What if they actually liked some nerdy shit but made fun of it because they were immature children? Yeah I know, I would be pissed off for a hot minute, too, if I saw them cosplaying after getting bullied in high school. But come on. Nerds will be nerds and most people end up kicked out of a group they don't belong to.

>> No.7008630

I think they are showing the competition aspect because thats what the non nerd community will understand. Would they understand a show about girls that make costumes and then get there photos taken? maybe, if its made well. but syfy seems to be dummy proofing it for the non fan. I don't know why everyone is getting up in arms that its showing masquerades, do you freak out on anyone who enters masquerade because they must not be cosplaying for fun? maybe its fun for the person entering, maybe standing around in the halls getting glomped by strangers isn't their thing. Sure WCS is a joke and popularity contest but you can't deny when its going on people/CGL are not eager to know who won, even if they aren't into competing themselves.

all things considered, I'll watch the show, maybe I'll learn a few techniques, how ever the show ends up, it isn't going to effect how I cosplay and there are already wanna be models and porn stars cosplaying, so its not like its that much of a secret anymore.I secret hope that if its popular more channels will want to do a show on cosplay and one will produce something more that I like.

>> No.7008654

>>7000296
Circlejerk, yes. Hyping the hobby and misrepresenting it for DRAMMMAAAA? Doesn't seem like it. It looks pretty accurate (except for the staged drama, but we all know that tends to happen off-camera all the time anyway) and Yaya doesn't seem too annoying. I actually like her voice, and she looks prettier in video than in photos. There's going to be a lot of circle-jerking and OMG MUST FINISH THIS COSPLAY OR DIE, but it's looks a lot better than the usual GEEKY GIRL HEE HEE web shit we get. Also that Alice Red Queen cosplay looks mad awesome. But since the contest wasn't rigged and nobody from the show won anything, I wonder how they'll show it?

I'd rather a cosplay documentary be shown, but let's face it, people always want to watch more drama, and this sheds some light on the hobby for normals who are the target audience.

That being said, this bitch who's standing around going "OMG you're telling me it can't get done?" and going banaynays over fucking EL wire "SO HIGH TECH!!one1!!!1one" and doesn't seem to be crafting anything is majorly getting on my nerves. Also was that JNigger in the pink whore get-up at 00:16?

>> No.7008798

>>7008654>J-Nig

I don't think so unless they caught a stray shot of her at a show somehow.

>> No.7008851

>>7008798
it's her. I think they just took a b-roll shot of her and decided to use it anyways.

>> No.7008884

I want to see a real, non-scripted documentary of a film crew following a cosplay group around a convention
And not JNig or Yaya or some household name, but normal cosplayers who truely show the passion and love of the character & series instead of doing it to attention whore

>> No.7009016

>>7008884

I don't think you understand that some people are just genuinely not likeable or marketable, when the profit motive comes first before accuracy when the target audience is people who watch syfy at large vs. this insulated community of people who make their own costumes.

>> No.7009227

>>7008431

As I recall, Holly (girl on right) had a minor tweet fit about not having a panel at PAX one year when Volpin did.

>> No.7009234

>>7009227
As much as I dislike Volpin since he is an obnoxious asshole, he IS incredible at making props.

And frankly
Holly kind of... Sucks at making props and armor
ESPECIALLY compared to Volpin.

>> No.7009240

>>7009234
My point of this post is that maybe if she was actually good, then she would deserve a panel.
She shouldn't compare herself to Volpin when she can't even come close to being like Volpin.

>> No.7009270

>>7009234
>>7009240

Pretty much nailed it in this post. While I can't comment on Volpin on a personal level his prop is both amazing and quite varied so there's no doubt he should be a part of a panel.

Holly on the other hand I recall in one of her videos that she had a few friends helping her out with the Mass Effect stuff which itself isn't bad but I feel slightly bothered she gets all the credit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi63jsjQIHo

Though who knows, maybe she does give out the credit to other people?

>> No.7009272

>>7009270
I've read though her entire n7 build thread before and I don't remember reading about anyone helping her

>> No.7009422

>>7009227
Lol I remember that. She also got butt hurt when people voted for femShep to have blonde hair (before they changed it to red) instead of black. She tweeted it was high school all over again and that only the pretty girls get attention etc. She also claimed the generic black hair model was styled after her. Then when femshep got red hair she dyed her own to match. Sad chick.

I think what's worst is that she keep getting one amazing opportunity after but still she doesn't have a proper career. She was in the documentary, she got to make something for Guillermo del Toro, she's part of the nerdist and meet lots of famous sfx people and yet she hasn't advanced in her career. It's a fucking waste.

I got the feeling she might be in the next season of Faceoff. Jessica running her big mouth posted how Heroes of Cosplay was before Faceoff and that people might wanna watch that too. I know she used to tweet lots about how she wanted to go on it.

>> No.7009428

>>7009422
I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to believe the model was done after her originally.
I'm sorry, I have nothing against her, but she is one goofy looking woman.
Meanwhile, Femshep is hot,

>> No.7009456

>>6989359
my mother asked me about this show the other day. She was legit all excited as she told me about it, thinking I would be equally as excited.

I felt bad that I wasn't.

>> No.7009500

>>7008456

being fair, I've yet to see any truly shitty N7 armor, hers is just hugely overrated because she's friends with the right people and she thinks it gives her the right to act like God's gift to the BioWare fandom. She's about on par with what you see at conventions, just with more unwarranted self-importance.

>> No.7009524

>>7009428
It's in her twitter. I dont know if theres a way to search someone tweets but its there. Someone made screencaps of that and her Volpin piss fit not sure if their still floating about.

I wish I was making this shit up. I used to follow her right after her Mass Effect group showed at SDCC. She was cool at first but then it went to her head. Especially when her bff Jessica got a job with Bioware making her their 'official' femShep. Guess she started believing it. She calls herself Commander Holly and lists part time Femshep in her online profiles.

Side note: She looks pretty with her hair and makeup done in the show previews.

>> No.7009542
File: 36 KB, 266x400, oh god.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7009500
Let me change that for you

>> No.7009548
File: 362 KB, 1600x1200, did you even try.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7009524

Pretentious bitch much?

>>7009500
Here's another.
this is NOT bad because she is fat, but it doesn't help.
This is all based on the armor.

>> No.7009552

>>7009542
This one isn't N7 armor, I realize, but it is still horribly bad.

>> No.7009571

>>7009542
>>7009548

Eh. Those are disappointing but at least some form of effort was made.

Nothing will make me rage harder than when I see guys just throw money at BioWeapons for their pre-made suits (which are too big on almost everyone) and wear it with jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers.

>> No.7009572

>>7009548
? Who? Holly? A bit. She is full of herself making her pretentious. And then there's stealing money from the Samara face model who commissioned her to make her a Samara costume is kinda a botch move. I think she more crazy then anything.

>> No.7009578

>>7009572
Pretentious, crazy bitch then

>> No.7009586
File: 83 KB, 1280x1024, 14288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7009500

That's mostly because the bad N7 armor don't get posted often. I like to think the ratio of good to bad ones is maybe 3:5 but that's like every cosplay for a certain character/type.

>>7009422
>>7009428

While I like to think no one is that stupid to believe her I still find it truly baffling considering in the end Shepherd is really up to the player to customize to make their own regardless of the 'canon' version.

Not to mention that the game was developed WAAAAAAY before she was even a fan so how does one even become the generic black hair model when said fan wasn't even a fan yet!?

I just...gaaaah....

You know you done bad when you make me respect Jnig more for her stuff. At least she doesn't go around saying 'Nathan Drake is based on me in another life!"

>> No.7009627

>>7009586
That would require jnig to know anything about the character she's dressed as.

>> No.7009632
File: 490 KB, 500x281, tumblr_miuzc6WfKz1s65r5vo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7009627

Oh dude, you made my day with that remark haha.

>> No.7009837

>>7009586

I think the only times I've ever seen poorly-executed characters being posted a lot is Mirandas and oh lord, there's an awful lot of those.

>>7009627
i leik u.

>> No.7010088

>>7009632
3rd

>> No.7010096

>>7009627

I've got some silver sulfadiazine in my aid bag for that!

>> No.7010113

>>7009016
But then you call sell it as "true, pure emotion and determination straight from the heart" raw tell-it-like-it-is

>> No.7010167

>>7009627
Jnig's probably wondering why she has a 3rd degree burn on her body now.
Someone get her to the hospital.

>> No.7010580

>>7009837
pretty much

>> No.7012266

>>7008401
Disney themselves don't put the powder on Mulan's face in both promotional material for the Disney Princess line, nor in the parks.

Also it's not a "Geisha" outfit, geisha is specifically a Japanese phrase. Then again that's apparently the official name of the getup if Disney Trading Pin titles are anything to go by, and that pisses me off