[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 486 KB, 683x384, what in the dick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6961988 No.6961988[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Shit con stories?

>be earlier this year
>going to Megacon in Orlando
>couldn't cosplay because lolpoorfag
>"Hey, lets just all take a weekend off, find a cheap room, and hang out for the whole con (spoken 6 months prior)
>lolno, we can't possibly stop working for a weekend
>friends all work at other equally shit jobs, so I don't press it
>"Hey, why don't we at least stay late so we can go to the rave?"
>lolno, we can't possibly do that, we might have to work in the morning!
>none of them end up working until late afternoon the following day
>"Hey guys, lets get there early, so we can check out the booths and not rush to the events later"
>lolno, we want breakfast at superbusy restaurant
>get there around noon
>friends insist their makeup won't take but a minute (they're getting dressed in the car)
>takes them an hour
>meanwhile, wonderful FL weather is making others uncomfortable
>Finally, their cosplay is... done? different from the way they looked an hour ago, I guess.
>get to con, find event I want to go to
>gets to be 9PM
>text: "If you're not out here in ten minutes, we're leaving you."
>rush out of darkened room, to find friends walking to parking lot already
>lolsorry anon, we're just super worn out

And that's why I'm going alone next year.

>> No.6962017

Burn your friends as an offering to R'hllor, it's the only way.

My story isn't that bad, but eh.
>Travel to con two hours away by train.
>Horrendous travel sickness, have taken pills and wearing the bands.
>Pills and bands do not help.
>People on train harass me for photos or take photos whilst not asking.
>People taking photos whilst I bolt to the disgusting train bathroom to vomit.
>Get to con.
>Day started off cold enough for a sweater, but suddenly turns absolutely sweltering, deal very poorly with heat.
>Wearing lolita. lolnope.jpg
>Queue is huge.
>Every panel is in a room way too small for the amount of people.
>Every panel is so warm I have to leave before it's over.
>No air con.
>Dealer's room so packed you physically cannot move and there are people standing about not doing anything or staging stupid fandom-related stunts in the crowd.
>More awfulness, entire place reeks of unwashed people.
>Leave, get elbowed incredibly hard in the stomach by a guy cosplaying as an asshole.
>Double over in ridiculous pain, can barely walk/winded, miss train.
>Get on next train for two hour journey. After a bit, need the bathroom.
>Train toilet is out of service.
>Hold it in for an hour and a half.
>Train station toilets are out of service.
>No bathrooms.
>Running the half hour walk home.
>Wet self when almost there.
>Trudge the rest of the way crying.
>Never go to con again.

>> No.6962023

>>6962017
I moved to MI. I'm reading up on the stuff that goes on in Chicago and Indy. Am excite.

>> No.6962053
File: 96 KB, 800x600, 800px-Lrt7770.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6962017

That sounds super shitty anon. :C I'm sorry that happened to you!

This might be a little off-topic, but I'm wondering about these trains that all these people take to cons?

Like, I live in western Canada, and what we call a train in my city is just an LRT/above-ground subway type thing. What kind of trains go across states? Are they also like LRT trains, or more like trains with an engine and stuff? Where do they go, just from one city to another or all over? How much does it cost? Where can you get to using these trains? Are they all over the states, or just in some particular states?

Pic related, it's the type of "train" I take when I travel around my city.

>> No.6962065

>>6962017
Not cosplay, but the guy elbowing you reminded me of something that happened to me two years ago.
>friends want me to come out for halloween celebration in town
>basically, just streets filled with celebrators, bars filled to the brim, etc
>insist I bring a costume
>I don't.
>friend finds a headcrab hat in his trunk, tells me to wear it
>walk around downtown for a bit
>okay, lets go see the next street over
>turn down alley... start getting "that" feeling
>inner /k/ommando telling me to bug out
>friends laugh at my worry
>as I come out alleyway, relief washes over me
>feeling of relief immediately vanishes, as feeling of sharp pain take its place
>never heard the guy running up behind me
>ten minutes later, Gordon Freeman costumer is still trying to explain how he tripped as he ran towards me, and never intended to hit me with his THREE FUCKING FOOT LONG CROWBAR
>had goose egg on head for days afterwards.

Seriously, who the fuck tries to "tap" you with a crowbar.

>>6962053
I think you're looking for "amtrack."

>> No.6962072

>>6962053
Yeah, it depends on your area what "the train" is. If a city has a train, it's a subway or LRT. For traveling between cities, people are probably talking about Amtrak or yeah, a regular ol' train.

>> No.6962078

>>6962053
Little more info.

Amtrack is not terribly expensive. It's not terribly cheap, either; you'd almost be better off flying. Some runs don't have checked luggage, which is a pain. They tend to run weird schedules, but the ammenities are OK.

for inner city travel, it just depends. Bigger, older cities like Chicago and NYC have had dedicated train lines for years. Smaller, newer cities don't have trains, but the bus lines are ok... to a point.

>> No.6962087
File: 491 KB, 200x200, mind-blown.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6962072

>mfw google Amtrak

People actually take ACTUAL TRAINS to other cities?
I know you can do that here in Canada, too, but it's very expensive and kind of like a weird luxury type thing.

I guess because cities are much closer in the States, it costs less. But still, the dedication!

>> No.6962096

>>6962087
Amtrack has been relegated to a more touristy-way of travel, rather than actual serious transportation. It's only somewhat compareable with airfare, but it beats the hell out of greyhound.
>1400, one way trip, Greyhound
>never, ever again.

>> No.6962115

>>6962087
More often people use a bus, like Greyhound or Megabus.

>> No.6962128

>>6962115
>greywhore
No. Never, not even once. Trust me when I say, it's not worth it.

Every single station is as far away from any convenience store, restaurant, or anything resembeling society (we like to call these "ghettos"). The food is cooked by drooling retards. 80% of the workers hate their jobs with a burning passion, and pass that on to you. It's uncomfortable as fuck, the passengers will never let you feel halfway safe, and security is a joke. How do I know this? I had a pair of brass knuckles in an old backpack, and didn't realize I even had them until I was at my destination.

tl;dr, do NOT use that fucking bus long distance. It's a hassle, but air travel is much better.

>> No.6962139

My first con was really bad. I was excited at the time because of the huge novelty of finding other anime and manga fans - since this was at a time when cons and fandom weren't so big - but looking back, it was so bad. All I really remember is standing in under a shitty tent in the rain watching some people play DDR. Seriously, we didn't do anything fun at all. My friend and I left after a quick snoop around the "dealer's room" which was kind of like one or two tables with random expensive crap on them. At least the people there were nice but it sucked so bad...

>> No.6962147

>>6962128
>>6962115

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean
Greyhound is also bad in Canada, but no one ever takes the train here. I just hear a lot of talking about trains on /cgl/!

>> No.6962148

>>6962087
This train conversation is hilarious to me, living in the UK, where getting the train between cities is an extremely common way of traveling around the country...

>> No.6962152

>>6962147
Trains are scenic. Aircraft are fast. They cost about the same, all things considered, but if you take the train any sizeable distance, it WILL take you a while.

>> No.6962156

>>6962148

That feel, I get the train to every meet.

>> No.6962946

>>6961988
Always go alone. You will not be alone when you arrive. Worse i can come up with is waiting in line to buy my three day at Megacon a few years ago. I always preorder but somehow missed the deadline that year. Spent a little over two hours in line.

>> No.6962989

>>6962148
Damn our manifest destiny, I'm jelly.

>> No.6963008

>went to con (AX) with 'friend' (in the loosest terms possible, more like poorfags hitching rides with each other) and gf/more of a friend than him
>walking around, having fun, not bad
>lose them in artist alley
>walk around each and every booth trying to find them
>theyre not answering their phones
>I remember that we all agreed if one of us got lost and we didn't keep in touch we would meet outside in a nearby hall
>wait there for twenty minutes
>scour the entire convention center after growing a little worried
>getting even more worried because it was their first con
>finally feel that "maybe if I just wait in the designated hall they'll show up some time"
>they dont
>four hours later I missed all of the panels I wanted to go to
>give up, head toward game room area
>there they are
>right fucking there
>"why the fuck didnt you answer your phone why werent you guys where we agreed you'd be"
>"oh anon, we went to go see a movie"

all of my fucking rage

>> No.6963170

>>6963008
What the fuck man. Something similar happened to me last AX. I stopped talking to that person. I don't understand how people can be that retarded and not give a fuck about a friend that way.

>> No.6963194
File: 51 KB, 1240x817, Pendolino3web.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6962148
>>6962156
>>6962989
zoomzoom

>> No.6963209

Here's mine, short and lame.
>Go to Mtac first time, super excited
>Actually couple cosplay with then girlfriend as wolfwood and Millie
>Buy prop pistols for costume
>pair of Browning HPs
>go to con
>Packed and smelly
>deal with it, having fun, doing pics for people
>Guy dressed as Alucard comes over at rave
>Tries to glomp my girl
>Hits me instead
>Hit dance floor hard
>one of the guns shatters inside my jacket, shreds up my shirt and abdomen
>Bleeding like a stuck pig
>all I get is a quick apology
>Have to go into Nashville to find a Walgreens for bandaids and rubbing alcohol
>spend next two days in considerable pain in hotel room while girl goes and hooks up with an inuyasha cosplayer
Shittiest experience of my life.

>> No.6963217
File: 83 KB, 372x457, 1331830851511.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6963209
>spend next two days in considerable pain in hotel room while girl goes and hooks up with an inuyasha cosplayer
Wow

>> No.6963232

>>6963194
National Train Day in Washington DC had 'excursion tours' of a high-speed train and it sold out almost immediately. People were so geared up to ride on one of those fabled high speed trains since they hardly exist here.

Trains are just horrifically underfunded because Auto lobbyists divert government money from it so much, and often times freight trains get track priority over commuter trains.

I travelled Europe on trains and I got so used to the punctuality and speed of it that when I came home it was such a shock to me.

USA is getting better, but slowly.

>> No.6963241
File: 11 KB, 387x429, 1358719306050.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6962017
You poor thing

>>guy cosplaying as an asshole.
laughed, though.

>> No.6963246
File: 449 KB, 245x183, ETW67.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lets see if I can remember.
>AX07.
>Then friend(now ex-friend) Cristine in charge of booking the room. She promises me we'll have a max of 8 people in the room(used to room stuffing)
>She has 14 lined up, 12 show up.
>Boyfriend calls me at 4AM of the con, he's on security staff and he's really stressed out, just needs somebody to talk to and worried that staff may walk at that point.
>I talk with him for maybe 20 minutes to help him calm down, then head back to my hotel and go to bed.
>End of the con, I'm packing up to head home Sunday evening since she's checking out Monday morning.
>Cristine says "Hey, why don't you wait until I finish watching these programs, then we can go down and pack our cars together?" I think you know good idea, I can wait a little later, traffic will be even more dead, and we can load up our cars together.
>Her shows finish, I grab stuff and say "Okay, lets go." Her reply? "I can't go downstairs. I'm in my pajamas!"
>mfw.This girl is a cosplayer, has cosplayed hentai characters, and her pajamas were a t-shirt and pajama pants.
>Go load car by myself, because I'm a pushover moron who couldn't tell her sorry ass to get up and go downstairs with me.
>Go to start car, the battery is DEAD.
>Go back upstairs. Tell roommates what happened. Roommates that are left can't help, they're all from out of town. Cristine drove and she says "Sorry, I don't have jumper cables" That's it. Doesn't offer to drive me to get some, or you know, see if we can borrow some to jump start my car.
>I ask around, can't get any help, have to call my mom at 11PM to come jump start my car so I can get home.
>Don't get out of Long Beach until after midnight, both my mom and I are upset because we both have work in the morning.

Also I found out after we stopped being friends that she had been talking shit behind my back while we were friends, including telling people that I ran off to fuck my boyfriend during the con and that "I should do that on my own time"

>> No.6963250

>>6963246
and this is the con where I learned that being an idiotic pushover sucks and that I should always keep jumper cables in my car.

Also this wasn't the last of my adventures with her, but those aren't con related.

>> No.6963256
File: 775 KB, 2064x1652, Lakeshore_West_GO_Train_Westbound.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

GTAfag from Ontario, we have GO Transit here. I pay twenty-thirty bucks round trip to get pretty much anywhere in southeastern Ontario.

Pic related, it's a fucking GO Train.

As for shitty con stories, I just had a friend get drunk and threaten to kill himself by jumping off a bridge at one AM. Never rooming with that shit again.

>> No.6963287

>>6963217
Oh don't worry, he still got his, but it's not a con related story and I'd feel bad derailing this thread with rednec/k/ shenanigans.

>> No.6964498

>>6963287
>he still got his
>/k/
You'd best derail this thread because you kinda just implied that you killed him.

>> No.6964557
File: 316 KB, 320x160, tumblr_ls8zqqVJC11qb5fv5o1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

all this train talk is killing me. there isnt even a bus line within 200 miles of me...

>> No.6964578

>>6963256
Was it the bridge between the TCC and the Sheraton at Anime North?

>> No.6964675

>>6963256
i take this train.

uh one time we drove 2 hours to get to the convention and forgot all the costumes at home.

>> No.6964717

>>6964498
Didn't drop him. Probably should have.
>20th birthday
>Having a good time, real chill
>ex and inuyasha show up uninvited
>decides he wants to kick my ass
>at my home, on my birthday
>clearly a gentleman of sophistication and class
>Tell him and his bitch to bail
>actually rolls up on me and tackles me
>luckily can't throw a punch for shit
>shove him off me and dash to my garage
>he follows me in just in time to hear me rack my pardner, thing is deafening just to rack
>CHOOM
>guy goes down like a sack of potatoes screaming in pain
>glad my rubber buck works well
>yell at him and the bitch to get the fuck off my property
>she helps him up and they leave, he's sobbing
>5-0 swing by half an hour later on a noise disturbance
>explain the situation
>they tell me not to leave town
>call back later the next day, no charges pressed, tell them I don't want to press charges either
Probably one of my better birthdays all told.

>> No.6964870

>>6963250
But you should tell us about them.
Sharing is caring.

>> No.6965695

>>6964717
Now that's a good ending to a shitty story

>> No.6965777
File: 68 KB, 350x350, fuck you and again fuck you.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This one always comes to mind as far as "shitty con stories" goes.

>Anime Vegas 2011, attend with cousin, his friend (we'll call him "Jim") and my girlfriend
>Jim has had a long, long history of having a crush on my girlfriend
>despite being a) obviously taken and b) obviously uninterested, he won't let up
>feel uncomfortable letting him tag along but cousin insists
>everything actually goes okay for the first couple of days?
>until masq comes along, I'm chatting with a pal afterwards
>cousin isn't with us, he's doing is own thing
>I tell friend and girlfriend I don't want to hold 'em up, so I tell them to just go on without me and I'll catch up in a minute
>biggest mistake of the fucking century
>apparently back at the room, Jim tries to hook it up with my girlfriend
>luckily cousin and I meet up and get back to the hotel room just in time before anything really happened
>she's frazzled, Jim's butt hurt that he got "friendzoned" for the millionth time, huge dick
>at this point I'm fucking livid
>cousin suggests we all go out to get dinner and cool off
>HAHA FAT CHANCE, the entire way up to the strip, Jim keeps getting in my face and talking shit
>calling me really crappy names, being an all around insufferable cunt
>all because he can't get over the fact that my girlfriend isn't interested in him and this is my fault????
>cousin decides enough is enough and pulls Jim aside
>cue everyone just standing around on the side walk for an hour while cousin tries to reason with Jim
>they come back, and suddenly Jim's all smiles and daisies and acts like none of that ever even happened for the rest of the weekend
>what an ass hole

This is the same dickbag who jipped me out of badge money for Fanime 2012 as well.

Needless to say I'm glad he doesn't hang around anymore. My girlfriend and I didn't need any of his shit.

>> No.6965903

>>6965777
You didn't kick his ass? That's a real damn shame.

>> No.6965912

>>6964717
>you actually shot someone with rubber buck
Holy shit, did you luck out. They could have dragged you through the fucking mud for that. Don't pull a gun unless your life is actually in danger, asshole.

>> No.6965949

>>6965777
wait, aren't you a girl?

or is your girlfriend openly bi?

or was this guy insanely stupid?

or pick any from above?

>> No.6965952

It didn't happen to me, and I don't have all the details, but apparently my fiance's ex screamed at her for twenty minutes at a convention in Texas because she didn't buy him an airsoft gun.

Dude's bipolar and shit, and often flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. I plan on taking her to the next convention and making it up to her. No one fucking deserves that shit.

>> No.6965972
File: 409 KB, 2000x1846, 2000px-Cahsr_map.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6962989
>>6963194
>>6963232
Soon.

>> No.6966006

Sad to say I have a shit con story

>ALA sat
>having gr8 time with friend(A), meet two new friends
>decide to hang most of day with then
>'Friend' (B) who recently moved away would not get off my back because she wanted to 'hang out' with me without even mentioning she wanted too (apparently she has a HUGE crush on me)
>literally would not go farther than 2 ft away from me, stood really close
>fed up with them, decide to slip away for a while told them I was going to go meet up with new friends from earlier
>walk to go meet said friends she walks with me implyng she was going to follow
>godno.jpg
>tell B friend she should stay in hotel room to hang with other friends
>imidietely gets an upset face like a baby without candy
>pretend not to notice leave quickly
>meet up with new friends and A. friend at Maid Cafe
>waited for food for 4 hours (they were busy so we didnt mind)
>text B. friend saying we're held up waiting for food ( had paid before we got in- 20$ for tiny plate of food)
>no reply, text bro situation, he says ok cool
>leave maid Cafe after another 2 hours go to fast food across street finally eat good meal
>hung out with new friends have a good time
>A. Friend offers ride home ( took train) says sure, call bro tell him im getting a ride
>go home, get home flooded with upset texts of B. friend cryin over not being able to hang out
>tell them i had no idea about the crying and how we had been stuck in maid cafe or 6 hours being unable to leave because food
>B. friend doesnt care still wanted to hang
>Other friend (C) texts me about B. ruinin everyones day from being morbidly upset and not willin to have fun, just because i was absent
>C. blames me
>B. still apparently crying
>finally fed up and angerly text back about waitin 6 hours when B friend could have hung out with other friends that she hadnt seen for longer than me
>B. still doesnt care, said I was her "only friend" in front of other friends
>group of friends get angry about her comment
(cont.)

>> No.6966018

>>6966006
>get fed up with B. tell them shes up my ass all the time
>felt bad for group of friends that had to deal with her
> group of friends took my cosplay stuff with them (jumped in pool, changed before i left to maid cafe) they decide to not give me my stuff before i left the con (i hadnt known what had happened at the time before i left so i was confused as to why they were acting like assholes to me and why they didnt give me back my stuff)
> they come home late (they took the train back)
> already asleep, exhausted
>they're home, throw bag in room with cosplay still in bag (morbidly wet from pool, was supposed to hang dry when i got home to wear next day for con)
>mfw when i wake up next morning, cosplay still in bag, wet and unwearable
>realize hve to go on train again with group of pissed friends + B. friend (dont know what happened after i blew up at them through texts
>fuckthat.jpg
>stay home, blow money on train ticket already paid for
>mfw dont get to see new friends again or hang out with group friends
>mfaw take stuff out and find ipod cracked
>somebody had squished my stuff, cracked my ipod, and ruined some of the goods i had in there
>never found out who did it
>couldnt blame anyone, to many people in group, apparently lots of people had my bag

All of that could've been prevented and i couldve gone and had another fun day at the con with friends had it not been for the infatuated 'friend.' Its been half a year, but im still very upset over it.

>> No.6966025

>>6965952

To clarify, he takes medication for it, but he loses his temper over trivial things like vidya and, well...not getting what he wants. He then blames it on his disorder, instead of getting therapy like a fucking adult.

>> No.6966029

>>6966018
>Act like a cunt
>Get treated like one
You brought it on yourself man

>> No.6966033

>>6965972
By soon you mean "in about two decades" and that's assuming they stay on plan. Being a bureaucracy full of red tape, expect it sometime in 2030-2040.

Average ticket price is supposed to be $81 (with express tickets being somewhere around $120) so a lot of us will still probably drive or take Megabus/Greyhound, assuming the bus systems still exist.

>> No.6966039

>>6965952
You mean fiancee? Or are you lesbian?

>> No.6966162

Mine is pretty petty compared to your stories

>Forgot camera charger
>No worries, I'll just buy one at nearby stores
>Go to RadioShack and Target
>As luck would have it, they do not carry the brand I have
>Ask roommate if they can drive me home (which is a town away) in the morning so I can get my charger
>Roommate agrees
>Next morning
>Roommate was hoping I forgot
>Okay, so it was my fuck up but holy shit, if you didn't want to help fucking say so
>Suggests I should take pictures with a phone
>I'm not a pro-photographer by any means and I am still learning to use my fancy new camera but hearing that just plain offends me
>Fortunately, got another roommate to help me, I paid for their fuel and breakfast, all is well
>Regret not being able to take the pictures I wanted but lesson learned

>> No.6966165
File: 139 KB, 386x196, tumblr_lq5rej1Ml81qib6rd.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i've got a few small ones
both feature a "friend" of mine i'll call yuna cause she did a really bad cosplay of her without a wig and uGH ANYWAY

>yuna invites me to first con
>otakon 2010, only attending saturday
>her and her mom are late, get there late
>cosplay is shitty, don't care wear it anyway
>mfw vampire knight cosplay, hot as shit outside
>infamous otakon fire alarm incident
>lose yuna and can't find her anywhere, wandering around aimlessly with a friend of hers that i barely know
>finally find her, her mom tells us were leaving in an hour
>mfw its early afternoon but w/e
>have to listen to yuna complain about how she didn't get what she wanted from the dealers room all the way home

>otakon 2011, invite yuna so that the room is cheaper
>she wanders off every day, never answers her phone (it died apparently and she didn't bring the charger)
>can't find her when we need her
>complains about it being hot
>mfw shes wearing an org xiii cloak from kingdom hearts
>saturday night rave
>everyone's getting ready, yuna decides to take my liquid eyeliner and draw stupid ass "tattoos" or some shit all over herself
>ends up using all of it and complains that she doesn't have enough to finish and that it would look dumb
>bitch shut up why in the fuck are you drawing on your arms with liquid eyeliner anyway
>she gets in line for the rave while me and my friends try to find a bathroom
>tell her to wait for us
>doesn't wait, goes in to rave by herself
>panic because it's been hours since we've seen her and we've walked all over the rave
>mfw i have to dodge sweaty hairy men while searching
>meanwhile some bitch that was a friend of a friend is freaking out cause her girlfriend's mom was being a dick
>finally find yuna
>she doesn't understand why we're mad

on sunday she fell asleep in the con and we couldn't go in to get her cause they weren't letting people back in.
i wish i had grew a pair and told her what's what, but w/e.

>> No.6966171

>>6966039
Fiancé is male, fiancée is female

>> No.6966215

>>6966033
This. Even as a frequent traveler to CA from TX thanks to startup work, I have no hope that the HSR plans will ever actually get done in my lifetime unless by some miracle the State Legislature suddenly uses common sense. which is never. This is also why I've decided to move back out there in order to ease the expense of traveling to cons/tradeshows in CA. Driving is still cheaper and faster in CA despite all the bullshit redtape wrapped around it thanks to CARB regs.

>shamefaced nadhold

Indeed captcha, indeed

>> No.6966227

>tfw you have a shit con story but you know that if you tell it the people who were shitty to you will use it as an excuse to harass you more because they're seagulls and huge drama whores

>> No.6966301
File: 76 KB, 500x461, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>May this year
>Already late because boyfriend didn't show up.
>Whe souposed to meet at 9
>Finally arrive at 11. I'm a little pissed because I have my cosplay ready, and the wig is tangling.
>Before we go to he con, we need to pick up his sister and her husband.
>Cross the city, arrive at sister's house, she's not ready with her cosplay.
>Spend next hour waiting. She finnished. It was a halfassed Another costume, without a wig.
>1:30 in a middle of a traffic jam. We're in sister's husband's car because is bigger.
>Suddenly, they remember that they need to pick up husband's parents at the Airport. At the airport that is a 5 minutes from my house.
>"Sorry guys, I have to leave you here".
>We are far away from con center.
>Spend half hour walking with my boyfriend and his sister, because is sunday and there's no one to be seen. Strangers stare at us.
>Finally a taxi shows up.
>Arrived the con 5 hours late
>Bonus: My wig was still fine, but all my black pantihouse is ripped when I get out from taxi.

>> No.6966329

>>6963232
>freight trains get track priority

The freight companies actually own the tracks. they usually let the commuter (Amtrak) through because they know the Amtrak moves a lot faster and is on a totally different schedule and timetable.

>> No.6966339

>>6964717
Redneck indeed.

>> No.6966342

>>6962148
U wat mate? Trains in the UK are horrendously expensive!

>> No.6966364

>>6966227
I know that feel. Got a few stories about a cow that made several cons shitty, but she lurks here and is actually trying to be a better person so I don't want to upset the apple cart or cause drama. Still pissed off at how she acted though.

>> No.6966405 [DELETED] 

>>6966342
They can be for long distance, but with a railcard, I don't find it too bad. I rarely need to make a return journey that costs more than £30-40. It's only if you want to travel a long way, like from the North/Scotland to London for example, that it gets extremely expensive.

Besides, if you're poor, there's always buses/coaches. I've traveled from London to Glasgow for £2 before and I rarely see the price above £10 for a single journey, even for long distances.

>> No.6966407

>>6966342
They can be for long distance, but with a railcard, I don't find it too bad. I rarely need to make a return journey that costs more than £30-40. It's only if you want to travel a long way, like from the North/Scotland to London for example, then it gets extremely expensive.

Besides, if you're poor, there's always buses/coaches. I've traveled from London to Glasgow for £2 before and I rarely see the price above £10 for a single journey, even for long distances.

>> No.6966446

>>6963256
That's the wackiest train I've ever seen.
I love travelling.

>> No.6966452

>>6965903
There would have been a no holds barred beat down if my cousin didn't pull him aside, believe me. I'm the type of person who's got short fuse. But to be honest, I'd rather not fight anyone if it can be helped.

>>6965949
Yes. Yes, but the fact of the matter is, she's my girlfriend and that should be enough of a deterrent, and yes.

But luckily this has been the one of the only major bumps we've had and we've been happy together for a couple years now.

>> No.6966560

>>6962989
America's Train System is a fucking mess. Like.. a mentally retarded 4 year old could map a better rail system than ours.

Doesn't help that fucktards like Metra don't seem to know how to schedule or calculate travel times, because nearly every one of their trains is delayed by a matter of hours because they often realize, too late, that they've scheduled two trains right at each other at the same time, so they are constantly stopping and sitting around waiting for tracks to open up.

>> No.6966604

I think I've told this story before, but this was years and years ago.

>Still in High School
>Have attended numerous cons before, and done the hotel thing before
>Friend who usually books room tells me that this time he's bringing some other school friends who were also weeaboos.
>Think nothing of it. Means the room is cheaper for me.
>First day of the con goes well enough.
>Only see these other weebs for a little while, and they seem okay. Roombooking friend seems to think they are okay.
>Come Friday night, one of the weebs is back in the room. He is moaning and crying and puking.
>Apparently started partying hard ASAP. Beer, Weed, Ecstasy, snorting no-doz, chugging mountain dew..
>He's brought friends with him, but I just thinking "whatever, I've gotta get back out to the con!"
>Come back later, weeb and other guy are still there...
>Saturday rolls around..
>Sick weeb has gone out partying again .
>Other weeb spent his time buying tons of hentai, and apparently locked himself the bedroom half of the hotel room... With most of the belongings of the other friends rooming with us.
>And he sleeps for pretty much all of saturday afternoon
>Other guy is still sitting in the room, now moaning and bitching about McDonalds, claiming he got food poisoning. He never leaves our room as far as I can tell.
>Sick weeb comes back with other people I've never met.
>There's now 6 more people in the room who I've never met,
>Come into the room on saturday night, exhausted and ready to sleep.
>Lights are off, every conceivable inch of the floor is occupied by people I don't recognize. Bedroom door is locked again.
>Spend the night curled up under a coffee table, on a single couch cushion, clinging to a Strawhat Pirates Flag for warmth
>In the morning, half of them are gone
>Sick guy is still sitting there, bitching about McDonalds and food poisoning.
>Only a few of them offered some pocket change for staying in our room.
>Original weebs don't apologize at all.

>> No.6966648

>>6964717
>rubber buck
>not cum or fish
Sorry, your /k/ommando status has been revoked.

>> No.6966666

>>6965972
>tfw florida will never get its Orlando-Tampa HSR
>tfw sunshine rail was axed as well
'murrica.

>> No.6966673

>>6966604

Are you fucking kidding me? I would turned the lights on, hammered that bedroom door down and turfed everybody out.

>> No.6966716

speaking of trains...

>in casual cosplay heading to con by myself
>con is about half an hour from my house by one train, not a big deal
>costume is basically a school outfit, and I'm wearing a jacket on top so I don't look too crazy other than my wig, which is just soft yellow blonde
>Train seats are four seats facing each other in a square
>sitting on the outside seat with my shit on the seat beside me, guy walks by me and brushes his hip against me
>apologizes and sits opposite me
>smiling creepily, eyes wide staring at me, looks kind of dirty but not homeless
>look up from my book, catch his eye and look back down
>"wow your hair is pretty"
>"oh, thanks, it's actually a wig"
>"wow."

>silence, guy doesn't talk again and doesn't move
>catch movement out of the corner of my eye
>guy is rubbing himself under his newspaper staring at me

>immediately move to another part of the train
>hear him shout "oh, come on, sweetie!" from behind me

>10 minutes later
>someone sits in the next square of seats in front of me
>it's that fucking guy
>there are other people in the car beside me this time so I just ignore him

>same thing, guy starts rubbing himself under his newspaper while staring at me

>move to another part of the train

>next stop, see him looking around the train looking for me
>get off
>see him GET OFF THE TRAIN to look for me
>start walking towards the stairs that lead to the ticket desk/security
>he doesn't see me and gets back on the train

>wait for next train and continue on my journey

shit was fucking gross.

>> No.6966762
File: 283 KB, 1020x574, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6963256
>I pay twenty-thirty bucks round trip to get pretty much anywhere in southeastern Ontario.
If you're referring to the day pass, that's not quite true. It'll get you anywhere on that particular line, but not the whole system, which is retarded. Source: I asked a ticket attendant this once and that's what they said.

I really would like to see the system expanded to Niagara and Kitchener-Waterloo as well as Ottawa while we're on the subject.

>>6966446
It's wacky looking because it's a split-level double deck design. Doesn't work too well in water though, pic related

>> No.6966764

>>6966762
bah, to clarify I mean the day pass policy is retarded

>> No.6966823

>>6966039
>>6966171

Oh shit, I didn't know there were different spellings.

No, we're lesbians.

>> No.6966844

>>6966716

Don't they have security on trains for shits like these?

>> No.6966851

>>6966844
Where I'm from there's no security on the actual train. There's a panic button and security at the gates, but not on the actual train. I didn't think I was in mortal danger so I didn't push the panic button.

>> No.6966856

>>6962087
My grandmother does not like flying so she always took Amtrak from Chicago to Denver (Colorado) or Jackson (Mississippi). Amtrak is mainly advantageous in the Eastern parts of the U.S. i.e. going from Chicago to Milwaukee, or Boston to New York or D.C.

Also I prefer AMTRAK because no fucking bullshit TSA assrape

>> No.6966859

>friend and i going to AX
>we plan to go early to catch some panels and what not
>morning
>i eat, finish costume and make sure i have everything
>very proud of turnout, i haven't done cosplays before really
>at 10 i begin to get dressed, she told me we'd go at 11
>in costume (that is very hot) and full bodypaint (i did fancytier eridan)
>friend calls at 12 to tell me that she is missing something important
>me: ?!?!?!?!
>friend then calls me at one to tell me she has still not found what she needed
>me: ??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
>by this point i am fucking sweating, and dying
>finally friend calls and tells me she found it, around 2ish
>friend is still not, however, in costume
>jfc
>i have started to take parts of my outfit off at this point, bc i cannot stand the heat
>friend finally gets in costume around 3, picks me up and we head to AX
>friend is, however, angry as fuck
>awkward silent ride
>me literally like wtf did I do???
>we end up getting there very late, missing pretty much everything i wanted to go see

>> No.6966885

>>6966859
Did you ask at all?

>> No.6966894

>>6966560
METRA is full of douchebag conductors and people in refund zone. They fdragged their ass to give me a refund once

>> No.6966908

>>6962152
How the hell does a train cost the same as an airplane

>> No.6966910

>>6966885
Ask my friend about the times stuff?? Yeah, I did but I also didn't want to seem pushy because I know she was frustrated too.

>> No.6966912

>>6966908
To fly from Korea to China is almost the same price as taking a 26 hour ferry ride. Not a fancy cruise or anything, either, just a big fat boat.
Yeah idk.

>> No.6967013

Here's one bad con moment though otherwise I had a great time.

>Be a newbie with making props
>Still success to make sword and scabbard you can be proud of
>Be at con
>Some weeaboos come to me ''Wow! Can I see that sword!?''
>''Um, yes...''
> Take the sword out from scabbard expecting they just want to see the sword
>One of the weeaboos grabs the sword and they start fencing and playing some other anime characters since they didn't even know who I was cosplaying
>Be really horrified since you don't know if the sword will break
>Someone comes to ask if he can take photo of me
>Try to ask my sword back from weeaboos because I need it for posing
>Weeaboos don't listen and photographer gets angry to me since he don't understand the situation and it's taking me so long to get ready for the photo

I finally got the sword back unbroken (only small scratches that can be covered with paint) and that man got his photo. Still avoided that weeaboo group and angry photographer the rest of the con.

>> No.6967037
File: 229 KB, 848x480, oaozsw.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw typed up whole story in word and turns out it's 5 pages long

I ain't even gonna post it now

>> No.6967051

>>6967037
do it, anon-kun

>> No.6967055

>>6967051
Most of it is a rant about how stupid my group is. The con hasn't even happened yet. ;-;

>> No.6967144

Before we even met, my boyfriend went through some shitty stuff at a con.
>con is divided in 2 places, main hall and auditorium
>cosplay contest is held in auditorium
>he was cosplaying Barnaby with a friend and her mother
>he wanted to watch the cosplay contest, friend and mother didn't want to go with him
>contest ends by nighttime, 15 minutes walk from the auditorium from the night hall all by himself
>busted by a bunch of idiot kids who'd make fun of him because cosplay
>one of them tries to rob him, he tries to fight back
>they get him really bad
>several teeth missing, wounds everywhere, fucked up face

I'm just really glad he didn't give up on cons or cosplay because of that. He just stopped hanging out with said friend because they left him alone.

>> No.6967157

>>6967055
>5 pages long
>rant about how stupid my group is
>The con hasn't even happened yet

....damn.

I would like to wish you good luck. It seems you will be needing it.

>> No.6967190

>>6967157
thank you. I will totally need it.

>> No.6967216

>>6964870
Alright, there were two other incidents. The second one I'm having a harder time remembering in, but I remember it being a big clusterfuck at a themepark where she and her friend had me running in circles.

The second one isn't nearly as long as the first story, but still involved cosplay. I remember talking with her one day on the phone and suggesting we go have a day at the beach since we live in SoCal and she didn't live all that far from the beach. She then tells me she wants us to drive to Malibu so she can go run around in cosplay at the Santa Monica pier. She wanted us to drive 60 miles out of the way so she could go play dressup at the amusement park on the pier.

When I told her I really didn't want to deal with cosplaying, her response was "Oh, YOU don't have to cosplay"

Sadly this isn't the first time she had turned outings into cosplay events. Disneyland, snuck in a toned down costume, Orange County fair, she cosplayed, minigolf? Cosplayed.

Mind you, this was a woman in her 30's, not a kid.

The day of our outing, I'm not feeling well and fell asleep most of the time. She shows up at the door, and I tell her I'm not feeling well and can't go. She goes home. Apparently, this upset her so much that she "went home and cried"

Pretty much after that, I broke of the friendship by basically telling her she was a selfish human being that cared more about cosplaying then her own friends. She pretty much blamed everything on me. Found out afterwards that she pretty much never took any responsibility for her actions, and after speaking to not only mutual friends and people who had dealt with her online and offline, that she said it was ALWAYS other peoples fault.

I put up with her for two years, and glad I got out there when I did.

>> No.6968058

>>6966908
Depends entirely on where you're going and what you're taking with you, and who's availible.

When I flew from Orlando to South Bend, IN, the round trip cost about $150, with one bag each way. For $200, I could have brought 6 items on Amtrack... but only halfway there, because the train from Washington, DC (where I would have to switch) wouldn't have checked luggage. I don't know for the rest of the country, but I get the impression Amtrack isn't as great as it should be. Thanks, Obama!

>> No.6968077

>>6968058
Yeah, the mileage on trains can cost quite a bit for the long rides. If you were to go from Seattle to Los Angeles on Amtrak you're looking at something like $300 round trip. A flight round trip would be like $225.

Taking the train would have nicer scenery though. Not like you could get out and explore...

>> No.6968078

>>6967216
Not entirely related to your post, but for some fucking reason, every, and I do mean EVERY, renaissance fair I go to has at least one cosplayer (badly done) and more steampunk dressup than actual knights, maidens, etc. Worst one ever:

>looking at jeweler selling amber
>get into a conversation with him, closing in on deal
>"I REQUIRE THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE"
>wat
>turn around, see a badly done Ed cosplay
>as in, everything was bought, no wig, not even fitted, etc
>kid cannot be more than 16 (not a problem), and acts like it (a huge fucking problem)
>yanks ring with a $150 price tag out of my hand, trying to act like Ed
>gaggle of friends (acquaintances?) behind him, giggling and filming
>little Italian man running the stand is slowly getting fed up
>me, being beta, don't say anything, but just walk away from Ed.
>after about two more minutes of "WILL IT BRING MY BROTHER BACK?? WILL I SEE MY MOMMY AGAIN? (I wish I was kidding)"
>FUCK, NO MORE
>little Italian man takes ring back from Ed, starts putting shit away

I never bought anything from him. Ironically enough, Ed might have saved a shitload of money, because the girl it was supposed to be for ended up fucking some guy in Jersey City at her sisters wedding, so... good job, cosplayer?

Also, your "friend..." glad you're rid of her.

>> No.6968080

>>6968077
The layovers are worth it. That ORL-SB run had a 7 hour layover in Washington, DC, which would have been prime exploring time.

>> No.6968087

>>6968080
Ah, yeah. Guess it depends on what your route is exactly. The Coast Starlight (Seattle to LA) doesn't really stop for long but I'm sure it looks great outside when it's rolling. Knowing me I'd fall asleep and waste the trip scenery...

>> No.6968088

Now I'm looking at all the routes and if I had the money I'd totally just ride Amtrak all around the country.

>> No.6968091

>>6968077
California trains are a joke. To get from LA to San Francisco you have to hop a train, get off and take a bus through half the state, and then get back in a train. I assume the same is true for LA to Seattle.
It is absurd that there is no train to Nor Cal or a high speed train to Vegas.

>> No.6968097

>>6968091
Blame the aircraft industry. They have spent YEARS destroying our rail industry, while the rest of the world leaves us behind. It's always sad, to see some senator, governor, or other prick in power sweep away plans for a rail system because lolwho needs it?

Now, if you're talking frieght lines... we're actually better than most of the world, save maybe China, Japan, and NZ.

>> No.6968113

>>6968091
The Coast Starlight goes one route from Seattle to LA. The problem is that it doesn't go through SF because SF is a terminus point (4th and King). If you want to pass through you have to go to either Emeryville or San Jose. What you can do is use Caltrain from San Jose to get to San Francisco.

If you look at the CA HSR map it's another branched route system. One path goes to SF, one path goes to Sacramento (which the Coast Starlight also goes through).

The Pacific Surfliner (what you probably took from LA) runs from San Luis Obispo to San Diego which is why you have to get off on the bus at Santa Barbara or wherever it was and then take that to San Jose. I took it once a couple years ago because the Coast Starlight runs once a day and it cost more.

>> No.6968115

>>6968087
I've taken that from Seattle to Sacramento and god it's such a pretty trip

>> No.6968118

>>6968115
I'm thinking I'll have to roam the rails when I'm old and grey. Seems like a senior kind of thing to do.

>> No.6968130

>>6968118
I'm not even sure why we did it instead of flying, it was a trip for a camp in high school. Hey at least it was a nice ride and the food didn't suck as much as flying.

>> No.6968139

>>6968118
>traveling when you're old
No. Do it now. When you're still young enough to be filled with wonder, and can make meaningful memories of it.

>> No.6968149

>>6968139
Problem is the money and the time. I don't make that much and time off is at a luxury, especially considering all the conventions I go to already each year. lolcalifornia

>> No.6968153

>>6968149
>california
There's your problem. It's a pretty state, but jesus, is it expensive.

>> No.6968164

>>6968153
It's mainly the 4 conventions eating up what vacation I have. I skimp pretty well for conventions but traveling around more would probably eat into things.

>> No.6968176

>>6968139

I wish I was a guy sometimes so I could go off without worrying my parents about being raped. Jelly of my boyfriend who basically went hitchhiking in Eastern Europe (though to be fair, at the time, I kept joking about how he'd be assraped and get his kidney stolen. Neither happened and he didn't even get pickpocketed from. I have no idea how).

It seems like the only time I would have off between now and when I start working for real is when I graduate, but my parents want to travel with me and take real great fucking offense when I try to say I want to travel alone/with friends, even if I use my own money.

This rant doesn't really apply anywhere, polite sage.

>> No.6968449

>>6968176
One of my female friends went from Germany to Greece hitch hiking. She also apparently lived with squatters in Turkey?

She's fucking crazy though, I wouldn't do a tenth of the shit she does. Strong lady.