[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 196 KB, 467x699, classic-lolita-egl-fashion-floral-lolita-Favim.com-137412_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6938621 No.6938621[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Lolita horror stories thread?

Mine isn't really horror, but a really sad memory.
>17
>Been following lolita for years but too poor to do anything
>Start working and commision my best friend because she knows how to sew with a machine
>I specify how I want my skirt and how I want it to have pink fabric
>She decides to "make it classic" with some fabric she found on her house
>The skirt still looks pretty good and the quality of the fabric isn't bad
>Get excited to try it
>Ask how much is it
>"It won't cost you anything" friend says
>Oh my god she's going to give it to me as a present!
>"But I have to give it back to my mother because she wants the fabric for something else"

I can't really descrive how I felt that moment other than I really wanted to cry.

>> No.6938647

Your friend is a dick, dude.

>> No.6938669

your friend is a cunt, wtf.

>> No.6938675

>>6938621
This makes me so sad.
I'll make you a skirt.

>> No.6939025

>>6938621
That is some pretty sad shit...
Hope you ain't friends with her anymore.

>> No.6939028

girl i will give you a skirt!

>> No.6939192

>>6938675
>>6939028
Oh, thank you! but there's no need to, really!

I'm going to be sincere because it's bugging me. This happened to me just yesterday and I had to wrote it down or else I would cry.

>>6939025
We are friends but I think she won't be as close as she was to me because I won't be able to go with her to the largest local convention anymore. We always went together and now that it's too far away for me I don't know how she's going to react when I tell her that I won't go.

>> No.6939205

>>6939192
Regardless, that is a fucking cunty thing to do.
It was uncalled for and honestly I don't see why she'd do that to you. I'd be pissed as all fuck.

>> No.6939333

>>6939205
She told me that she was going to buy a wig and she couldn't buy fabric for the skirt so instead she used some fabric her mother had (her mother is a seamstress btw), so I guess that was the problem...

>> No.6939355

>>6939333
Does she not understand how commissions or friendships work? What a shithead.

>> No.6939381

>>6939333
If you commissioned her, it doesn't matter.
She told you that she was gonna make you a skirt. The money you were gonna pay her for the skirt was so she could buy the materials to make it. At the end of the day she still put herself before you when she bought the wig, and she was incompetent enough to ask her mother if she could use the fabric for the skirt.

It was still uncalled for to tell you "yeah here's your skirt but I'm sorry you can't have it".

She could've easily told you "I can't do it right now because there's no fabric available" without showing you the skirt and she could've avoided looking like a first class asshole.

You just don't do that kind of shit to anyone, ever.

>> No.6939405

>End of the school year comes.
>Yay, holidays!Yay, end-of-term-gift!
>Mom ask to me what do I want, I say I don't know, I need time to think it.
>Next day, she comes and tells me "Why don't I buy you a loli dress." She explains she found a pretty e-shop where loli dresses are very pretty, like the ones I showed to her, and not too expensive.
>I think she must have found bodyline or taobao, tell her to show me the page so I can choose the dress.
>IT'S FUCKING MILANOO.
"M-mom-chan, n-no, d-don't... T-this page is not a good page, there are this other nice cheap pages..."
>BUT I FOUND THE DRESS YOU LIKED ANON-CHAN! LOOK, IT'S THIS DRESS.
>She shows me an Angelic Pretty stolen photo that was in Milanoo page.It is not even that cheap.
>"Y-yes it is but that dress is not from that store y-you know... Milanoo is not a good page... I-I will show you this horror stories..."
>She disregards the horror stories, she is obsessed with buying me that dress.
>I try to get them to buy me ne of the dresses from Infanta as I know Milanoo is a Infanta dealer. "NO THESE DRESSES ARE EXPENSIVE I WON'T BUY THEM" she answers.
>Let her buy me the dress because it would make her very happy. Pray every night hoping when it arrives here it's not a hideous dress.
>Whe get charged a shitton for shipping and money dealing as mom didn't wanted to use Paypal.Dress ends being as expensive as brand.
>Dress arrives. MAN THE HIDEOUS. Dress is terrible, super shitty fabric, cheap lace, sad looking droopy bows, deflated itchy petti, fabric is itchy too, it doesn't even fits nicely even if I got it custom-made...
>Mom goes full "OH IT'S PRECIOUS JUST LIKE IN THE PICTURE I AM SO HAPPY YOU WERE WRONG!"
I wear it every once in a while so she won't get sad and doesn't think she wasted her money or I don't appreciate her gift, but for that price we could have gotten a nice dress or two cheap medium quality dresses... This makes me very sad...

>> No.6939419

>>6939405
I don't even have a reaction image D8 enough for this. My deepest sympathies.

>> No.6939424

>>6938621
>>6939192
That's horrible anon. You're a stronger person than me because I would have raged.

More so embarrassing than horror.
>15
>Found MM page and fell in love
>Want in but don't know how
>Planning sweet 16th
>Alice & Wonderland theme at an actual tea house
>I'm Alice, I insist to have the skirt made
>look like a weeb
>Half are no shows because they're cheap fucks who thought they had to pay

To be honest I wasn't embarrassed for long because my mom really went all out for me. I'm happy that she tried to make it special for me and I knew it cost a lot of money too. My entire outfit was pretty cheap so my embarrassment disappears when I think about how much I saved her. She practically rented out the entire tea house for my party, got me a cake that cost as much a small wedding cake, and she bought tickets and a tour guide to a museum next door. I think we had 35+ people there that day.

>> No.6939427

>>6939405
Wow that's really sad, especially the "I'm so happy you were wrong" part.

>> No.6939442

>>6939419
>>6939427
Thank you for your symphaties. It was very heartbreaking, really. She was so happy that I needed the urge to wear the dress for the whole day after she became so excited.

>> No.6939440

>>6939405
>tell me what you want
>tells
>NO THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE SO IM GONNA BUY YOU WHAT I YHINK YOU WANT AND PAY EVEN MORE MONEY

Parents are weird, huh

>> No.6939449

>>6939405
How awful. She sounds like the kind of parent who will always have a computer full of adware.

>> No.6939456

>>6939355
>>6939381
I think she doesn't know how commissions work, really. And I agree, she put herself first. I was so happy I could finally have at least one skirt, and she crushed my feelings saying that. At least I can wear it once, so I can finaly have one of my dreams come true, so I'm not angry at her at all, maybe just sad, but it would be worse if I lost a friend rather than a skirt.

>>6939424
Thank you! I never had a sweet 16 so having an Alice party should have been really fun even if your dress wasn't really good

>> No.6939461
File: 159 KB, 344x339, 28901802.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6939192
>this just happened yesterday
>17