[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 62 KB, 500x500, Cheap-Classic-LolitaDress-TQL120426019_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6927809 No.6927809 [Reply] [Original]

So, I've finally decided to buy a dress, but the problem is that i don't really know where. I looked thru Bodyline's website but everything I liked was out of stock.
Is there any other site where I can buy lolita dresses around the same price? hopefully in the classic style?

thanks for the help in advance

>> No.6927811

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MARY MAGDALENE OP
FILENAME SAYS CHEAP CLASSIC LOLITA DRESS
MM
CHEAP

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.6927816

You can buy items second-hand for (mostly) reasonable prices on the egl_comm_sales on livejournal, or you can check closet child for used brand items.
Of course, if you have a specific dress in mind, and it's sold out, you'll have a hard time finding it new.
You can also use angelic pretty's and baby the stars shine bright online english shops if you don't mind paying brand prices for dresses and the like.

>> No.6927817

>>6927811
oh, sorry I didn't realize it said that

>> No.6927822

Baby is having an outlet sale right now. If you can fit into brand (and willing to spend a bit more) they have some JSKs for less than $100 USD, and blouses/skirts for around $60. It's a bit more than the average Bodyline prices, but some of their Bodyline's newer pieces have been priced at $80 USD.

The closet child website also sells secondhand brand for similar prices as Baby's sale.

>> No.6927825

Try Milanoo, they have all types of lolita dresses for very fair price, not like those over-priced burando pieces.

>> No.6927828

>>6927825

This person is trolling. Ignore them.

>> No.6927836

>>6927825
nice try. I've done some research already.

>> No.6927907

>>6927816
Thanks, I looked at closet child but I didn't find anything I liked. I think I might just have to go and spend the money for brand new dresses

>> No.6927918

>>6927907
Shopping secondhand requires a lot of patience as well as an idea if what you want. Don't buy a brand new dress because it's there today when your dream dress shows up on comm_sales tomorrow.

If you like, try Taobao. The thread here is really active and there's a spreadsheet of the known lolita shops. Some of them do beautiful original designs that aren't too expensive.

>> No.6927983

>>6927918
I've gone to taobao and I feel i must be incredibly stupid because I can't figure out what to do.
I also don't really wanna shop second hand.
the brand I like, Mary Magdalene, is sold out of everything I like. I also heard there's a Baby store in SF. I might take a trip there

>> No.6927991

There are several second hand stores that ship overseas aside from closet child

-maidenclothing
-fururun
-usagiyouhinten
-tokyoalice

Try those and see what you find. You have to be patient to buy second-hand but the bargains and the dresses you want usually eventually appear.

Taobao stores are also good to look at - Dear Celine, Infanta, and Kidsyoyo are among my favourites.

>> No.6927994

>>6927983
Don't go straight to taobao, go to the cgl sticky and follow the links to the stores you like. If you find that too complicated, Qutieland and Clobbaonline act as resellers for taobao shops, they are more expensive than using a shopping service but you can use them like a store.

>> No.6927993

>>6927983
Have you used the spreadsheet&FAQ + chrome translate? Taobao is really easy once you figure out how Chrome translates things.

MM is basically sells out immediately, and if I'm not mistaken doesn't even ship overseas, so the secondhand sales are about the only way to get it. Why do you dislike secondhand?

>> No.6927997

>>6927991
Different anon, but I hate trying to find things on fururun. It's just so messy.

>> No.6928001

>>6927993
MM does ship overseas, but you have to mail order rather than using their cart system...

>>6927997
I just use the list on the left - you can sort by item type and brand, it's no worse than closet child.

>> No.6928007

>>6927993
I just feel weird buying secondhand things made out of fabric

>> No.6929859

>>6928007
Just wash it

>> No.6929878

>>6927811
It's probably a stolen stock pic saved from a shitty ebay auction.

>> No.6929913

>>6929859
I think I might end up just buying second-hand or just settling for a bodyline dress i dont care for.
I heard both Baby and Angelic Pretty have stores in SF, so I might also just take a trip there in the next couple of weeks to buy a dress

>>6929878
I just googled Mary Magdalene pictures since its my favorite brand so far and I just saved it without checking where it was from

>> No.6929919

>>6928007
Honestly, you better get over it if you want to wear lolita. Most brands do very limited runs of everything. Most of these are sold in their local stores; only a extremely small percentage ever makes it overseas. If you want to have more than one dress (that you'll have to pay some $300 for), you really have to buy used.

>> No.6929922

>>6929913
They do have stores in SF but it'd be a lot more expensive than buying secondhand. If you use Japanese secondhand sites, you can get a pretty good nonprint dress from AP or Baby for about $100 or less, especially with the exchange rate being so good right now. (Assuming you live in the U.S.)
I'd personally recommend buying a secondhand dress from either Closet Child or Usagi Youhinten since they both ship overseas and you wouldn't need to use a shopping service, and then buying a Classical Puppets petticoat from the comm_sales or Clobba Online, or buying a petticoat from Victorian Girl Dress on Ebay. That way you'll get the most for your money in terms of petticoat.

>> No.6929924

>>6929913
The secondhand lolita sales are excellent. We're talking about dresses that have probably been worn less than 5 times and are treated like they're made of gold. When people sell them they usually state how many times they wore it, and detail every single flaw they can find, if any.

If you like MM, save up and search for MM. It's better to spend a few hundred on a dress you truly love than spend that same amount on dresses you barely like.

>> No.6929939

>>6927836
>I've done some research already

says the person who posted a mary magdalene OP pic as "Cheap-Classic-LolitaDress" and wonders where she can buy a lolita dress

lol no you fucking haven't

>> No.6929947
File: 191 KB, 800x1200, l310-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6929913
Don't settle, that's the worst mistake I made with lolita. You could always get a local seamstress to replicate the dress if you really want that particular one. Fan+Friend do MM replicas as well but they aren't super fantastic for the price.

That being said, of all the bodyline dresses, this one is closest to Mary Magdalene's styling and if you fit MM's sizing then you will fit the M size of this dress. I assume that you have measured yourself since lolita brands generally release dresses in single sizes only and you're SOL if you don't fit said size.

>> No.6929960

>>6929947
I thought about making my own dresses, but to think about it I feel I would much rather buy them.
I measured myself and I can fit a size M so luckily that won't be a problem

>> No.6932291

>>6929960
can you sew?

You sound so new

>> No.6933344

>>6929947
Yep, bodyline isn't necessarily always terrible, it gets a lot of flak but they are great for a beginner, wardrobe filler or someone who wants to 'modify' dresses and doesn't want to risk trying out drastic modifications to proper brand.

>> No.6934591
File: 33 KB, 232x313, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6933344
I actually found a dress I find just beautiful on egl_comm_sales but the girl is selling it for almost $500 and I don't know if its worth buying at that prince since I'd be the dress' third owner

Is this dress worth that much?

>> No.6934685
File: 30 KB, 353x500, MTJ0002-7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6934591

If you like that dress but don't want to pay $500 this one is similar and only $90 at Qutieland. It's slightly cheaper on the original Taobao store but it seems like they only do international shipping through Qutieland.

qutieland.com/product.php?id=1368

>> No.6934697

>>6934591

I've seen this on countless girl's dream dress lists. I'd cough up $500 for it if I had that much lying around. This is the most coveted colourway of that dress. Considering how noob you sound though, I wouldn't start out with a dress like that.

It doesn't matter if you'd be the third owner's dress. Most lolitas are batshit insane about keeping their dresses in pristine condition, and they are usually worn with blouses, petticoats, bloomers, etc. I doubt maybe dresses actually touch flesh besides the hands handling them.

Also you can find Mary Magdalene really easily on mbok or the japanese yahoo auctions for a decent price (about $200 or less). Also check out Victorian Maiden if you want MM like stuff that isn't as expensive or small.

>> No.6934936

>>6934685
I've ordered from magic tea party with a regular as before no problem

>> No.6934944

>>6934685
Slightly?
It's only 398 yuan in the taobao which is approx 65 usd, not 90.
Don't buy from Qutieland, they overprice their shit.
Just go with an SS like taobaoring, yes you pay fees but nowhere near as much as fucking qutieland.