[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 20 KB, 292x219, job-interview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6895051 No.6895051 [Reply] [Original]

>"It says here that you listed cosplay as one of your hobbies. Can you please explain what that is and how does it relate to the position you are applying for?"

>> No.6895064

who the fuck puts down "cosplay" as one of their hobbies for a job that doesn't involve some kind of sewing/costuming
come the fuck on

>> No.6895237

No sir, that's incorrect. My hobbies include reading spam email from Nigerian bankers and collecting limited edition Aluma Wallets.

>> No.6895668

Problem solving,
Creativity,
Team work,
Can travel long distances,
Can work in difficult environments,
Can get on well with strangers,
Being able to sew comes in handy when you least expect it (I've had many co-workers ask me to re-attach buttons on uniforms),
Money management,
Confidence,
Knowledge of different cultures.
There's been many times where cosplay has come up in conversations with people who I've worked for and whether they found it strange or cool at least I stay in their memory.
Interviews are about bullshitting to make yourself look good and cosplay is brilliant for bullshitting about.
I dress up as characters from kids cartoons= I am a very creative person who loves team activities and is always ready to try new things.

>> No.6895680

Considering I work in IT, any hobby that shows interaction with human beings puts you above the rest.

>> No.6895723

I thought we'd all agreed that no one sensible puts down cosplay, but that re-terming it as sewing, costuming, and/or prop building is more acceptable.

Seriously, who the fuck would put down the word "cosplay"...

>> No.6896010
File: 56 KB, 574x528, 1336973193512.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"cosplay"
>I'm an Accountant
>mfw

I mean, I guess I can say that it teaches time management, but I suck at that. I'm supposed to be styling a wig and hemming a shirt today.

>> No.6896015

Whenever I talk about cosplay in more professional work settings I say that one of my hobbies is "costuming" because thats basically what it is and then i dont sound like a tool trying to explain how im dressing up as sailor moon. People seem to understand it better if I just say costuming.

>> No.6896135

>>6896015
This. I actually got my job because I told them I do live action role playing and costuming. Granted, I work on child care so I guess doing silly fun things is a plus for that.

>> No.6896141

>applying for a serous job
>having this shit on your resume
>2013
>shiggy diggy

>> No.6896244
File: 73 KB, 512x384, 1348164018472.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6895051
Oh my, back already?

I don't think we need to talk the position I'm applying for... let's talk about YOUR favorite position....

>> No.6896250

"Prop building" got me into dental school. Suck it, smug stock photo guy.

>> No.6896258

Was interviewing for an engineering co-op position and said straight out that I was working on building an Iron Man Mark III replica out of craft foam. Described the research I did looking at various techniques and developed a method that was within my skill level, achieved the desired end look, and minimized overall cost. Also rganized a work time table to keep progress steady. After finishing, I had planned on wearing it to related movie premieres, loan it freely to people who wanted to wear it for non-profit causes for kids, and eventually work on a better suit with more technical functions. Joked a bit about my interests while remaining professional.

I got the co-op.

>> No.6896476

>>6895051
>Hobbies
>activities that well rounded people do outside of work that do not necessarily relate to their jobs, but showcase additional talents, skills, and interests to a potential employer
>'So how does it relate to the job?'

What.

>> No.6896486

>>6895064
I think you're confusing hobbies with skills and previous job experience. If that were the case, no one would list bike riding or martial arts either.

>> No.6896503

>>6896486
>martial arts
Unless they are applying for a job related to martial arts, like a teacher!

>> No.6896505

>>6896250
>dental school
>being smug

>> No.6896512

It means that I have a life and interests outside of doing my professional degree, which will help me with work stress.

I didn't actually have a formal interview for my current job anyway, all they did was check my references.

>> No.6896518

>>6896505
dentists make a crapton of money in a 9-5 job. I'd be pretty smug.