[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 811 KB, 683x1024, tumblr_mclfndkHNo1qex9cro1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6854469 No.6854469 [Reply] [Original]

http://egl.livejournal.com/19238857.html#comments

Did you ever wear lolita to school, /cgl/? (High school in particular since they tend to be bigger on dress codes than college.) Do you think a school is in the right for asking students not to wear lolita?

>> No.6854472

Most schools wouldn't allow that shit since it's a distraction.

>Do you think a school is in the right for asking students not to wear lolita?

Yep. When you register for class next time read the dress code.

>> No.6854485

I wouldn't wear lolita at work so why should it be worn to school? People can still do what they want in their free time anyway.

>> No.6854492

school uniforms are for communists. soon they'll say fat people are too distracting

>> No.6854500
File: 145 KB, 799x532, 436393_900.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ugh in that post

>BUT MAH FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!! WHAT HAPPENED TO CREATIVITY!! CONFORMISTS, CONFORMISTS

I think schools are well within their rights to act students not to wear clothing which could be seen as a distraction. But what exactly counts as a distraction can be vague and very very subjective. For example, is someone who dresses up in nice, casual 1950s dresses a distraction? Someone who wears flowy, hippie clothes? Etc etc. In an ideal world, if students/teachers complain about the distraction, it's best for the school to just have a talk with the student in question. In an ideal world, there could be a comprimise to let the student wear what they consider casual clothing but without making it too obviously, outlandishly distraction. For lolita, for example, they could ask the student to avoid cupcake petticoats or outlandish wigs.

>> No.6854510

I think we fucking need uniforms.

>> No.6854507

If girls at starbucks will bully strangers, then a school filled with those girls whom may have knowledge of who you are would be even worse. Even if you have the balls to do it, someone will eventually ruin your dress or break you down.

>> No.6854525

Seeing as I had a business casual dress code in high school, wearing jeans or most sandals would get me in trouble. I wouldn't have been keen on wearing lolita sit in class for 6 hours where people would inevitably be staring.

I don't understand why anyone does it anyway, it's fucking high school where the kids are assholes and it's supposed to emulate some sort of professional atmosphere.

>> No.6854539

Getting irritated with all this shit about school dress codes. The reason schools have dress codes is because they are trying to teach you the difference between work and play clothes. Technically most schools are WAY more lax than they were when the rules were first written (look back at what kids in the 50s wore to school, button up shirts, dress slacks, and nice dresses). This is why almost every school has in their rules that you must be clean, wash your hair, wear underpants, not wear hats, etc. They don't want you to become a clone of every other kid in school, they just want you to understand that for certain enviroments you should wear certain things so you will succeed in getting a job.

>> No.6854542

Isn't the girl defending her stupid ~rights~ the moron who bought allll the lace parasols?

>> No.6854547

>>6854510
This shit still happens with uniforms, except it's with hair, make-up, facial piercings, and wearing the uniform 'incorrectly'. If she had a uniform, you can bet she'd be trying to lolify it and wear a green twin-tail wig or something.

What you need is a clearly defined dress code with no loopholes. Hair should stand no more than 3" from the top of the head, clothes should extend no more than 7" from either side of the body, that sort of thing.

>> No.6854554

I went to a catholic highschool (albeit not by my own choice), we had uniforms.
I'd wear a white blouse and dark green and blue plaid skirt with stockings or thigh highs and black flats or mary janes.
I kind of liked the fact we had uniforms, its simple and no hassle.

>> No.6854561

It's really weird to imagine a place where kids go to school with casual clothes that they pick themselves. We don't have uniforms in college and I already have trouble dressing myself, I can't imagine doing the same in school...

I just wish my school uniform had been cuter. We had to wear jeans pants and the school's t shirts with some sneakers and that was it. It was a very traditional catholic school too, shame they replaced the cute old ones with these shitty thoughtless modern clothes.

>> No.6854562

I don't get why girls wear lolita to school. For one, it's just way too formal for school. Shit, kids walk into school in their pajamas. Lolita is bounded to get fucked up in a school environment.

I also notice that a lot of girls who wear lolita to school tend complain a lot about getting picked on. (This has just been in my experience). They're incredibly socially awkward and introverted to begin with, and then go wear an eye-catching fashion like lolita. Lets face it, in a school setting you're gonna look ridiculous. People are gonna tell you how ridiculous you look. Don't wear it if you can't handle it.

Yes, kids should be able to express themselves, but its within the school's right to put a limit on that. Lolita is a distraction and un-fit for a learning environment.

>> No.6854564
File: 2 KB, 107x128, katz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Do you think a school is in the right for asking students not to wear lolita?
If it's distracting enough then fuck yeah they are.
I remember getting sent home for less when I was in high school, and yeah it was a public school too. I remember having to change because I'd wear a low-cut top, and just because apparently I was 'well endowed,' I had to change even though other girls were wearing the same damn things and booty shorts to boot.

I also remember wearing bondage pants to school and eventually getting into trouble for that, but you know what? I didn't complain when the school made me change or if people talked shit. I -expected- those reactions because I consciously knew I was dressing different and pushing boundaries. And it kind of makes me mad when young lolitas in high school these days get all up in arms when people don't like their fashion choices or ask them to change. They're in school to LEARN and not worry about the damn clothes.

>> No.6854570

Different schools have different regulations. Just because one school allows crazy fashion, doesn't mean another should. It doesn't help that the post is whiny and self-entitled. She is just fishing for justifications for what she did.

>> No.6854583

http://egl.livejournal.com/19238857.html?thread=434242505#t434242505

>So basically a school is about "learning school things, like maths, sciences and all that jazz", right.

Yes. Yes that what a school is about.

>> No.6854585
File: 681 KB, 1000x1000, 1352298272936.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854469
>"I do not like to draw attention to myself. I do not speak at all in class, and I hate random people paying attention to me"

Homegirl is in the wrongggggggg fashion.

>> No.6854587

No, but I wore wigs and a mix of otome and fairy kei when I was in high school. Would never go full out lolita to class back then and still won't now in college.

>> No.6854589

>>6854585
she was totally asking for it m i rite

>> No.6854596

>>6854564
>>6854472
These commenters couldn't be more right. If you don't like your schools dress codes then you could find somewhere else to go OR you could decide that your education is more important than funny clothes.

>> No.6854599

>>6854469
>lol I'm soooo introverted (duh guiyz it means I don't like to talk to people!
>I hate to stand out!
> omg let me wear Lolita and pout about how I stand out!

Cannot wrap my head around the stupidity and hypocrisy.

My best friend is an introvert. She is not shy, she has lots of friends and can talk to anyone. She simply can't stay out as long as other people and needs to have alone time to recharge, and she doesn't need to go out and socialize to enjoy her day/night.

Of course I'm sure if someone pointed it out she'd just start misusing 'anti-social' instead.

You are a normal teenager, get the fuck over it.

>> No.6854600

>>6854589
Right you are.
Don't like drawing attention to yourself? Then don't wear 'obscure Japanese fashion' among all these pretentious normalfag bullies with their boyish hoodies and jeans that just wanna put the feminine woman down.
>gonna go check my extrovert privilege now

>> No.6854603
File: 1.12 MB, 330x248, popcorn.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wanna see this outfit she was wearing.

>> No.6854609

rape apolgists

>> No.6854613

>>6854585
> "Wearing something pretty and feminine during class makes it so I can think about class, rather than, "I wish I were wearing something pretty... I wonder if Baby has anything new up? I should check that. NO. PAY ATTENTION." *draws bows all over paper*

So, for me, it helps me pay attention! :D"

I don't even... This isn't a problem solved by wearing lolita to school, it's a problem solved by finding a therapist.

>> No.6854618

>>6854603
She discribes it in the post somewhere... It sounded pretty busy to me personally.

>> No.6854620

While we're talking about educational establishments and dress codes -- do universities typically give a hoot about what students wear to class or around campus?
I'm entering college this fall, and well, it'd be nice to wear lolita occasionally. Of course, I can save it for evenings out or weekends on the town if I have to.

>> No.6854627

>>6854620
Honestly depends on the college.

Some of them have actual dress codes. Some don't have official dress codes, but you may have teachers who expect you to dress a certain way. When I started my education degree, a teacher flat out said that he expected students in his class to be well-groomed--no pajama pants, dirty clothes, hats, etc.

>> No.6854628

>>6854620
My tutors think lolita is baller, or at least the two old guys do. One of them is just really eccentric and German and the other is just the typical Oxford don who adores anything fancy and posh. He's my translation tutor and whenever we're translating something old, he always goes off on a tangent about the clothing of the period and stuff, so he's always pretty keen to talk about fancy clothes.

>> No.6854631

>>6854620
>do universities typically give a hoot about what students wear to class or around campus?
The universities in general? No, nobody is going to send you to the dean's or president's office unless you wore something incredibly racist, violent, offensive, or you streaked.

However this doesn't mean that the professors don't reserve the right to kick you out from class if they think what you're wearing is distracting. Although most professors tend to be cool about things like that. Especially at liberal campuses.

>> No.6854632

>>6854603
>Versailles Rose Bouqet JSK
>white, short sleeved blouse
>white wrist-cuffs
>deflated malco modes petti
>knee-high white socks w/ lace top
>plain white flat mary janes
>hair curled
>simple blue headdress
>small pink shoulder bag
>parasol

I wish I could see it!

>> No.6854633

>>6854589
yes, actually

>I DON'T LIKE TO DRAW ATTENTION TO MYSELF
>HEY LET ME GO AND DRESS IN A FASHION THAT INCLUDES HUGE SKIRTS AND CRAZY CLOTHES THAT ARE NOT COMMON AT ALL, THESE WILL SURE KEEP ME CONCEALED FROM ATTENTION

>> No.6854640

>>6854603
>I had my Versailles Rose Bouqet JSK on (the simpler one that isn't corset-topped), with a simple white, short sleeved blouse underneath, with little white wrist-cuffs.
>The petti is a malco modes one, but it's really deflated now and I've removed material from it, so it's a pretty small poof. Think Momoko's poof when she had the really old-school looks on. Not that big.
>Then I had knee-high white socks with a tiny bit of lace at the top, and plain white flat mary janes, with no bows or anything.
>On my head I just had my hair curled and a simple blue headdress. The headdress is the only thing I've never worn to school before, but I've worn head-eating bows and been totally fine. It also doesn't have big flowers or anything, it's just flat.
>My bag was just a small pink shoulder bag to carry my school stuff, and I had my parasol with me, which is not abnormal for me.

Yeah, for normal people in a HS setting, a "simple" outfit like that is still pretty outlandish

>> No.6854642

>>6854633
you must be a guy

>> No.6854646

>>6854599

>hurr durr all introverts must be the same

>> No.6854647

>>6854642
Nope. You are confusing "attention" with "rape". While rape is the attacker's fault, attention is not one-sided like that.

>> No.6854648

>>6854632
>>6854640
Five bucks says the teachers thought it was an ageplay outfit and that's why they complained.
>lace top knee highs
>wrist cuffs
>headdress
>parasol
Just sayin, this would look like fetish wear to a teacher not aware of lolita as a fashion.

>> No.6854650
File: 181 KB, 338x317, right.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've worn Lolita to school before.

People were surprisingly nice about it. It was rather toned down, though, so that might explain why nobody cared. Some staff even complimented me. I got a few stares, and I was okay with it because you don't see a fucking lolita out in redneck county every day, but that's it. No one was mean. No one forced me to go home and change.

I think that if you want to go to school in lolita, you gotta have it toned down. I was wearing a nice blouse and a pink skirt with a bell petti and some tights. When we got to class, I just sat down and did my work and answered any questions people had really quickly afterwards.

I wouldn't have been angry if someone told me to change, though. I'd understand. Schools have a right to enforce their dress code, and if they felt as if I were violating it, then I'd apologize and go change. I'd be sad, but I'd be understanding. School is for learning, after all. I'm not going to fuss.

>> No.6854656
File: 198 KB, 493x346, street harassment.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

cosplayers trolling trolls

>> No.6854655

>>6854648
So what if it was ageplay? As long as it's not indecent (as in: showing private parts and stuff), it -should- be OK.

Not taking the whole 'being a distraction' part into account here.

>> No.6854662

>>6854646
OK that's fair for you to point out. But please, do you really think her self diagnosis isn't just special snowflake syndrome?

Saying you 'don't like to talk to people' doesn't scream introvert to me it's just another moron with a 'I don't discriminate, I hate everyone equally'. I'm pulling all that from the overall tone of her post, but hey I could always be wrong

>> No.6854663

>>6854655
>So what if it was ageplay?
You seriously think high schools will allow fetish clothes in classrooms? Even if it wasn't outright indecent it's still distracting for the fact.

>> No.6854664

>>6854662

>'I don't discriminate I hate everyone equally' t-shirt on

>> No.6854673 [DELETED] 
File: 60 KB, 625x352, 8dc1e46a-10d8-44fb-a0b2-4c81a19c690c_625x352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

With school uniforms like these, who needs lolita?

>> No.6854683
File: 60 KB, 625x352, 8dc1e46a-10d8-44fb-a0b2-4c81a19c690c_625x352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

With uniforms like these who needs lolita?

Also that girl is a dumb ho' who needs to check her non-uniform privilege

> I have panic attacks if I'm forced to speak with unfamiliar adults alone, especially if I am in trouble or in any way emotionally unhappy about the situation I'm meeting them in
> I'm incredibly introverted. I do not like to draw attention to myself. I do not speak at all in class, and I hate random people paying attention to me

what the fuck

>> No.6854687

>>6854683
I'd kill for uniforms like that.
>embroidered blazers with ties
Hnghhh~

>> No.6854693
File: 65 KB, 350x350, Skirt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854687
Those uniforms are so fucking expensive though...

>mfw my high school had indestructible plaid skirts

>> No.6854695

I like how she writes that she hates getting attention, but here she is wearing lolita.

>> No.6854702

>lolita in school

Schools are well within their rights to enforce a dress code that excludes distractions. Lolita is a distraction. There's no reason that you MUST ABSOLUTELY wear it to school other than attempting to ~fight the system~ and be a special snowflake. Wear your dresses without petticoats, or with 50s-style slips instead.

>kikikikida in dat post

wasn't she the one who paid like... $120 for cheapo lace parasols & fans that you can buy at street markets and "china" mall stores for $10... and that's at mark-up from their $2-5 china/hong kong street price?

>> No.6854711
File: 35 KB, 290x400, 39309203.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854693
It'd be so worth it.
Sad part is in my private middle school our clothes were still expensive as fuck too.
But every week you could pay $5 to "dress down" in casual clothes on tuesdays.
Pic related.

>> No.6854714

>>6854695
You can be interested in certain things, but still hate the attention you receive.

I had a friend in high school who loved doing amazing projects for art class, the kind that people go "OH MY GOD CAN I SEE THAT?!" but she hated the attention she got from it. Likewise, someone might like the way lolita looks on them and wear it, but feel uncomfortable with massive amounts of attention.

You also have to take into consideration it's a teenager. Teenagers are stupid and usually don't think everything through, as in, "There's absolutely positively no way that you will not receive loads of extra attention in this"

>> No.6854716

>>6854702

So basically kikikikida's a fucking Ita/noob who thinks she's hot shit.

>> No.6854717
File: 110 KB, 500x641, tumblr_lv6dkoT1WI1r72mr1o1_500.png.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854683
>>6854554
Makes me wish I was back in school. Are there colleges that mandate uniforms?

>> No.6854718

>>6854683
These look so frumpy and poorly fitted... gotta agree they are beautiful, though.

How weird would it be to wear this kind of clothing to college?

>> No.6854727

>>6854627
>>6854628
>>6854631
Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

>> No.6854728
File: 116 KB, 650x366, 805781-venus-angelic.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I felt really offended already at my clothes that I spent THREE. HOURS. putting on

>I don't think they really understood that I was not complying, so I grabbed by bag and my parasol and left

>> No.6854734

>>6854717
I think Oxford has a uniform.

>> No.6854735

>>6854693
I UNDERSTAND.
and i think whatever nun picked out the plaid for our skirts may have been blind. god it was so ugly.

>> No.6854740 [DELETED] 

>>6854711
>not having to wear a tucked in blouse with a tie and the top button done up all year round
>being able to wear trainers and not black shoes that couldn't even be patent

you had it easy friend

>> No.6854746

>>6854683
>> I have panic attacks if I'm forced to speak with unfamiliar adults alone, especially if I am in trouble or in any way emotionally unhappy about the situation I'm meeting them in
>> I'm incredibly introverted. I do not like to draw attention to myself. I do not speak at all in class, and I hate random people paying attention to me
>what the fuck

Honestly, this chick sounds like another one of those people that confuses introversion/shyness (which are already two different things) with a serious anxiety problem that requires therapy. She seriously can't be expecting people to accommodate her in the way she wants them to for the rest of her life, especially if she wants to wear outlandish clothes.

>> No.6854747

>>6854711
>not having to wear a tucked in blouse with a tie and the top button done up all year round
>being able to wear trainers and not black shoes that couldn't even be patent
>all this at a regular state school

you had it easy friend

>> No.6854750
File: 1004 KB, 499x359, Runsit Woman.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854735
THAT ONE SKIRT LASTED ME THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL

>mfw skirt had to be less than 2 inches above knee
>mfw girls tried to roll it up
>mfw it was even uglier like that

>> No.6854758
File: 142 KB, 378x513, oxford_ltd_10_033.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854734
Those are actually really cute.

>> No.6854765

>>6854662
I'm an introvert and I absolutely hate talking to people, even though I don't hate people. I also dress in J-Fashion and cosplay. I need lots of alone time, but I get lonely easily. I'm still very social (being human and all) but talking to anyone, even my boyfriend, wears me out. I'm very socially anxious and I'm bad at making eye contact and using body language and controlling my voice or coming up with things to say.

>> No.6854767
File: 106 KB, 636x720, 1346773878465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854750
>mfw girls tried to roll it up
Oh god, I'm having flashbacks.
>all the girls are overweight and still try to do this
>they would hide the rolled edge by tucking their blouses in, then pulling them out slightly to make them puff over the edge
>everyone looked like they had an even bigger muffin top than normal

>> No.6854769

>>6854750
>mfw my school changed the skirts so they fall well past the knees
>ended year 11 so I didn't have to wear it
>mfw I had to wear formal office dress in sixth form

>> No.6854773

>>6854765
The extra stuff you added isn't exactly you being an introvert, though.
An introvert is just someone that likes to keep to themselves. It doesn't mean that they hate talking to people, or have trouble with eye contact(I'm an introvert too, I have no problem with eye contact and talking to people, I just like being alone and at home).
You're putting extra things into being introverted that means nothing. You're introverted and you also might have some anxiety, and maybe you're shy. It's not all just because you're an introvert.

>> No.6854777
File: 59 KB, 848x480, 15498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854750
Our kilts had built-in shorts, sewn in in such a way that you couldn't remove them without destroying the skirt. You also had to have the crotch of the shorts exactly at your crotch, or you couldn't walk.
>uniform rules said shirts had to be tucked in, only pullovers could go past skirt waistband
>if shorts were on properly, waistband of skirt was nipple-level
>principal used to stand by the cafeteria door and scold any girl whose shirt wasn't tucked
>always told him exactly why we weren't tucking them in, he insisted we didn't know what we were talking about
>mfw we all tucked our shirts in one day to show him exactly how awful it looked

>> No.6854778

>>6854765
Also I hate hate hate being stared at unless I can tell what people are thinking. Eg. a middle aged lady looks at my outfit and smiles, she obviously thinks I'm cute. If a guy is checking out my legs or girls glare at me or something I feel an unreasonable amount of anger. So I imagine this is kinda how she feels, it's not that I wear weird clothes and expect no one to notice, it's more just a hatred of negative attention.

>>6854773
There are different levels of introversion, but yeah, what I described is social anxiety. She is probably both an introvert and shy. I'm sure many introverts don't like talking to people much though, even without much anxiety.

>> No.6854781

>>6854773
This, the only thing that one needs to have to be an introvert, is to simply enjoy time to themselves, and feel more "drained" when interacting with people. They don't necessarily hate talking to people, although it's not uncommon for introverts to also have some social anxiety.

I'm an introvert, I love talking with my friends and fiance, but after it's all done I feel like I just ran a marathon. Interacting with people just wears me out. However, I can be alone, weeding in my garden and pruning and carting brush up a hill two dozen times by myself and I feel energized afterwards. Being alone doesn't necessarily make me happier than being with people, but it does refresh and rejuvenate me.

>> No.6854788

I don't see why the nomenclature is so important, either you are shy and don't like dealing with people or you do. Sure there are recognized medical conditions, but c'mon how many of you actually have those? I'm the same way, I hate dealing with people, even a day with friends or especially family can be so taxing I wanna crawl into bed and never leave.

>> No.6854799
File: 30 KB, 320x480, T23eCbXoXXXXXXXXXX_!!653631938.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wait even though you are saying lolita is a distraction in school and people shouldn't wear it there, can I wear something like this still?
I'm about to buy it and I want to wear it to school still because I think it looks nice but toned down.

>> No.6854806
File: 120 KB, 500x753, 1333813868161.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854788
Well, we could let this slide.

While we're at it, lets let people call things like this lolita without bitching at them. Why not? It's just nomenclature. It definitely won't cause any confusion or shitstorms ever.

>> No.6854807

>>6854799

That looks ita as fuck.

>> No.6854815

>>6854799
i would be embarrassed to see you if i went to your school

also agreeing with >>6854807

>> No.6854821

>>6854799
Use small petti
Wear

I don't think it looks ita at all

>> No.6854825

>>6854788
>but c'mon how many of you actually have those?

Many of us.

Nomenclature is important for such obvious reasons I cannot believe you are being serious.
>WHAT'S WRONG WITH CALLING A ASEXUAL PERSON A "NYMPHOMANIAC"? AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ALL HAVE TROUBLE WITH SEX SO IT'S ALL THE SAME AND TOTES INTERCHANGEABLE AMIRITE

>> No.6854851

>>6854777
That does sound pretty bad. My high school uniform didn't have built in shorts but my elementary school uniforms did (yes, my elementary had uniforms and we were damn cute too with our little clip-on ties).

The thing with the rolling-up-skirts though, is that it makes a giant roll in the middle of the person's stomach and it looks... well, retarded.

>> No.6854859

>>6854851
Our uniform mandated we wear a pullover (or blazer if you were in Grade 12, only they were allowed button-down shirts and blazers) over your polo shirt from Thanksgiving until whatever time in spring that year they felt was too hot for sweaters. Luckily, those were pretty loose so we could roll the skirts without muffin rolls. Since they were fixed in place by the shorts, we pretty much did it to avoid the issue of having waistbands at our tits (especially annoying when sitting).

>> No.6854861

>>6854799
This doesn't look toned down at all, especially with that tiered skirt with so much crappy looking lace.

>> No.6854862

>>6854821
Yeah I was just going to get some good matching kneesocks and wear a small petti under it, maybe with a bow.
I don't think the dress is ita, it looks pretty nice to me.
The only thing I could see looking ita when I get it is the skirt because the lace might look cheap, but even if that doesn't work out the top is cute still.

>> No.6854868

>>6854861
I understand the skirt might look bad when I get it, but I can always get a better skirt. The top is still really cute!
And it's toned down in the sense of not being covered in candy prints and bright colors.

>> No.6854871

>>6854825
>>6854806
Oh, that's right, I forgot what butt-hurt special little snowflakes you are.

>> No.6854872

>>6854859
I remember losing a lot of weight in my later high school years, and the waistband which used to be at my waist just slipped down to hang on my hips.

I imagine that if I had built in shorts, I would be walking around like those 'swag' boys. Haha.

But the main problem I had with my skirt was that I always LOST THAT FUCKING PIN. And I had a hard time sitting for the rest of the day since the skirt could shift and part all the way up.

>> No.6854873

If the school says take it off, take it off. Put it on after school, you'll have plenty of time to wear it then.

She just sounded like a huge whiny twat. I couldn't even read the entire thing. She just wants asspats and the other commenter (kikikikiksomething) needs to take the stick out of her ass. The story also sounds onesided as fuck, you're not a fucking martry.

>> No.6854881

>>6854872
>But the main problem I had with my skirt was that I always LOST THAT FUCKING PIN. And I had a hard time sitting for the rest of the day since the skirt could shift and part all the way up.
Oh man, yes. This one friend of mine bought like 100 of them for $5 on eBay and she sold them in her locker like a fucking drug dealer for the rest of us.

>> No.6854891

>>6854871
> Wanting different words for vaguely similar yet completely difference concepts
> "You're all butt-hurt special snowflakes!"

Okay.
Let's just go and tell every kid with a mental disorder that they have Autism, right? What's the difference, they're all mental disorders! The only difference is the symptoms, and what the hell does that matter, right?

>> No.6854893

>I also had a freak out last year where I was brought into a room with a bunch of teachers to talk about my grades

>And I don't own other dresses that I like. I have very little clothing, much less clothing that I like. I have a lot of clothes that I dislike that I've had for years and just wear because I can't buy something cute.
I'm not complaining. I mean, I need to save money for college, not buy clothes. But even so, clothing is a sacrifice that makes me really sad. :/

OK there then

>> No.6854900

Oh god, my primary school became a pish-posh charter school.
They were on there way there while I attended, we had a 'suggested' uniform of a white blouse and a navy skirt/dress for girls with white knee socks and nice shoes.
We had to wear it for assembly days, but we had the choice to wear it or something else the rest of the time.
It was so fucking kawaii, looking back at pictures I wish it was mandatory all the time.

>> No.6854903

Why is she so surprised? We've heard plenty of stories about how girls are catcalled on the streets, what makes anyone think that high school would be a safe/acceptable environment for it? Also, all this "anxiety" and "introvert" stuff really got on my nerves. Overall I would've maybe sympathised more if the girl wasn't such a speshal snowflake entitled kid.

>" I also explained how I see what other people wearing is not normal for me, and that I would not be comfortable in it, because it is a costume to me."
>"I told them that what I was wearing was fine in past years, and that what girls wore now wasn't."
Jesus fuck I mean come the fuck on.

I'm just dying to know what she was wearing though. I wanna see how "toned down" it was.

>> No.6854911

>>6854881
I still have some of those pins lying around somewhere...

>> No.6854913

People who are scared to wear weird shit out in public do not need to be in lolita fashion.

>> No.6854930
File: 37 KB, 550x550, 1366145944081.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6854871
>special snowflake wants to label themselves with fancy self-diagnosed words to excuse their shitty behaviour
>people say lolno
>YOU'RE ALL JUST SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES
lolno

>> No.6854950

>>6854930

Yeah... only through knowing people and family members who actually are diagnosed with certain things can I call bullshit on people who are just saying shit for attention. Thankfully I've never had to deal with any disorders or disabilities, and I would never use any of them as a means to get attention. It's really disrespectful when people pull that shit.

>lol I organize my pens by color! So OCD lol!

bitch unless you are spending the entire day obsessing, agonizing, and reorganizing your fucking pens to the point that you will have a mental breakdown/anxiety attack if you don't because you think your mom is going to die if your pens aren't in a specific order at all times during the day/night, then don't fucking tell me this shit and think I'm going to enable you to disrespect people who actually have this disorder.

>> No.6854969

>>6854950
but anon, I totes want to murder people, i'm such a sociopath, like Dexter! lol :3

>> No.6854970

>>6854950

I pretend to be a lesbo named Sarah online! Schizophrenia, lol~

>> No.6854991

>>6854969
>>6854970

... ok I didn't expect funny responses, thanks anons, I''m laughing pretty hard.

sage for OT

>> No.6855001

>>6854950
I have OCD, anxiety and ADD, and I'm pretty fucking normal. Especially online.

>> No.6855013

>>6855001
And I'm sure you don't go around telling people in public that you're diagnosed or being treated for these things? Because it's none of their business or simply not something you feel appropriate to identify with?

Obviously my OCD example is an extreme case, but the simple act of being anal and organizing things obviously isn't OCD since there is no compulsion behind it and no anxiety if it's not done properly.

>> No.6855021

>>6855013

>no obsession behind the compulsion

>> No.6855039

>>6854500
Now that is a hoverloli. I try to think of dress codes of something on a practical level. I'm long out of high school, but I suggest those who are still there to consider how willing they are to sit in a tiny desk in their petticoat for a time, and how difficult it would be to move around a crowded hall. While it's a good idea to keep it toned down, it's also a good idea to first adjust to the school, get to know your peers and teachers (and vice versa), and then warm them up with frillier styles until their jr./sr. year, especially since they don't have to worry about changing for P.E.

My professors like lolita, especially my costume design and communication professors; the costume prof. actually knows about it, has some old books like FruiTs and Gothic and Lolita, and apparently mentions it in her "rebels of fashion" class. It's definitely not something I'd wear for stage craft or stage makeup labs since I'm working around paint, lumber, and powertools, and I don't want to get Ben Nye on my brand. I'm going to try to wear lolita more often now that I don't have anymore classes like that to worry about.

Now, if I were a business student, I'd be expected to dress as if I were in a corporate setting. As much as I'd like to incorporate the fashion somehow, it's not the ideal situation. >>6854693
My high school had uniforms too. Nothing as cute as that though. They used to make girls wear plaid skirts, but had to replace them with pants because the girls would keep rolling up their skirts.

>> No.6855043

>>6855013
As a different anon, I have anxiety/depression (diagnosed, been treated for it for 10 years, etc), and I actually don't mind discussing it publicly - most people who know me know that it's something I deal with. I'd only discuss it in an appropriate context- for instance, when someone else opens up to me about similar issues, or if I had an anxiety attack and had to explain to those I was with what was happening. But I've never felt that it's something to be kept strictly private. Those issues are a part of my life, just like if I had any other medical problem. They don't soley-define me, but they're still a part of me and have influence my life dramatically.

>> No.6855057

>>6855043
I understand that and I'm sure you understand the difference in speaking about it like you say and misusing/self diagnosing/going on and on about it for attention or sympathy from others. Obviously people who know you and know your problems would be able to identify and probably be upset with others who belittle those issues because they are trying to garner attention for falsely saying they have the same issues.

>> No.6855070

My Opinion (and it might not be a popular one): I wore lolita in high school occasionally, admittedly, horribly (I was just starting to understand how it worked, so I had brand pieces but no understanding of style). If you have a solid social foundation and a good sense of style and what can be dressed down, go for it. That said, if you don't have a good social foundation, I wouldn't really do it. In high school I dressed very strangely to school: lolita, sort of grungy punk things, vintage clothing, but (1) I didn't look good, and (2) I looked so "weird" that I likely just pushed people away further. Since I was already really shy, this probably caused me a lot of problems. So think about your decision on what to wear practically. If you don't think it will have an effect on your social life and you know how to look good, have fun! If not, maybe just experiment at home and with your closer friends, and keep school time more casual.

>> No.6855078

>>6855057
Oh certainly. I don't mind people discussing sadness or normal levels of anxiety, but labeling it a "disorder" when it's obviously a self-diagnosis and really a minor issue is certainly bothersome. That said, I tend to give kids a bit of slack - they want to be "special" and the first times you start to really have issues in your life, you can think it's the end of the world and that you're terribly unique. As you get older, of course, you realize that being incredibly sad or incredibly anxious does happen and happens to most people, and while that doesn't make it unimportant, it's not a disorder. So, while it's annoying to hear people bandy about disorders to explain their own very normal issues, I don't take it very seriously - I just chalk it up to emotional immaturity, roll my eyes a bit and let it go.

>> No.6855093

I dress jfashion in my school, but I'm not a shy person with anxiety issues or anything.
I proudly wear what I want as long as it's fashionable, and a lot of people really like me for it and a lot of the staff say they want their kids to be like me one day.
Sure I get a lot of hate for what I wear from some kids, but you can't please everyone. People should wear what they want, and shouldn't let people get them down for wearing what suits their style and personality.

>> No.6855098

>>6854585
I have pretty severe social anxiety and, honestly, wearing lolita makes going out in public a whole lot easier. If I'm in casual clothes I feel like everyone is looking/laughing at me because there's something wrong with me, but when I'm wearing lolita I feel like it's just my clothing that they have a problem with. Not sure if the girl in the post feels the same about it, but that's just how it is for me.

>> No.6855157

>>6854781
I always wondered why i didn't get lonely, but got really tired interacting with people. Thank you anon, this is an awesome explanation.

>> No.6855163

>>6855157
What's really crazy is the difference between being an introvert and having an extremely extroverted friend. I consider myself extremely average when it comes to social situations and how much time I want to spend with people (I'll go out with you guys, catch a movie, chill at a bar afterwards, no problem!) but I have an extremely extroverted person who's always just jumping at the oppurtunity to go out to the next place or 'oh hey guys I just found out there's a live jazz band playing tonight downtown, let's head there after!' and it's wears me the fuck out. I can't even imagine how exhausted an actual introverted person would be trying to keep up with this dude heh

>> No.6855164

>>6854648
I....I don't get what's ageplayish about any of that. Since when were parasols fucking ageplay? And isn't 18 a weird age to be into ageplay? And wristcuffs??

I understand if she was wearing like.....a print AP salopette with a twintail wig. Because outside of Lolita stuff like that probably looks ageplayish.

But how is any of the stuff you listed ageplay? Anyways, real ageplay is pretty simple stuff that actual little girls wear-like simple dresses and stuff. And adult baby stuff. Not lace and shit, not parasols, not wrist cuffs, because no little kid wears any of that.

>> No.6855173

>>6854647
what the fuck are u talking about thats totally unrelated lets not start this

>> No.6855181

>>6855164
>And isn't 18 a weird age to be into ageplay?
No, not at all.

>> No.6855191

OP of this sounds seriously whiny, although it does speak to the issues surrounding how mental illness is dealt with in schools.

I'm personally pretty introverted with self esteem issues, but I've never had a problem with authority figures. The few times I was sent to the office over dress code violations it was solved with a safety pin and chocolate. Of course, I wasn't in any alternative fashion.

OP needs a bit of therapy and to grow up. I mean, she's an adult now, she shouldn't have issues with other adults.

>> No.6855193

>>6855164
>real ageplay is pretty simple stuff that actual little girls wear-like simple dresses and stuff

That's not really correct. Ageplay doesn't always imply the people are roleplaying as toddlers. Adult babies are just a sub category of ageplay.
And idk but in sissification there is a lot of tacky lace and shit like parasols. So...

>> No.6855194

>>6855157
Glad to help.
I remember when I first really noticed it. I was attending my first convention, which wasn't an anime convention, but one for my specific scientific field that I'm going into. Only 4 hours in and a bunch of talking to professors later and I never felt so exhausted. I was so tired that when I sat down at a panel that I was really looking forward to, I fell asleep and nearly fell out of my chair and into the aisle only 5 minutes into it. I was mortified and couldn't even look the presenter in the eye after it was over.

>> No.6855195

>>6855163
This is exactly why I am so glad I don't live at home anymore.
I'm an extreme introvert - literally 100% I on the Myers-Brigg test, and both my older brother and mom are extreme extroverts. I love my family, but they just absolutely exhaust me. Whenever I'm home, I have to keep locked up in my room for 23 hours a day.
(that being said, I do enjoy spending time with my friends and boyfriend, and also limited time with my family - it just has to be in very small bits or be something extremely low-key)

sage for off-topic.

>> No.6855203

>>6855164
Nobody knows what ageplay really is. They just think "woah, what weird clothes, why on earth would someone leave their houses dressed like this? OH, SEX, OF COURSE, it's always sex that makes people make such stupid things. She must be a pervert of some sort. Hmmm, dress, round shoes, lace... reminds me of little children. TA-DAAA, AGEPLAY!"

>> No.6855209

>>6855164
>isn't 18 a weird age to be into ageplay?
Nope, I've secretly liked it since I was 15.
Also, ageplay can still be lace and stuff, I never was into the babies and toddlers thing and I'd rather wear really cute lacy dresses and be called a bad little girl or something.

>> No.6855211
File: 953 KB, 1536x2048, IMG_2412.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wore lolita and fairy kei to school once in a while, and nobody really peeped. Some of the teachers complimented me on having such a nice dress and asked where I bought it, but then it was really just classic and no headbows. It can be done tastefully, chiffon peter-pan collar blouse, Mozarabic Chant in blue, small A-line petti, plain tights, and brown oxfords with a small heel. My fairy kei outfit was much more outrageous, but I didn't get any nasty comments and the teachers didn't say anything, although I could feel the bitchy Korean and Japanese girls judging me. Our only dress code is against short-shorts and spaghetti straps and flip-flops for girls, so technically I was fine.

If you want to wear J-fashion at school, be sure it complies with the dress code, and you have thick skin, and don't mind being stared at. Just keep your head held high, make sure you're well coordinated, and don't fall to their level. A sincere smile and a thank you will ward off and perplex most ill-intentioned people.

>> No.6855227

>>6855211
the shoes and socks don't go with the rest of the outfit. You should probably tone your hair.

>> No.6855233

>>6855191
She locked the comments. Which I thought was against EGL rules.

>> No.6855236

I have worn loli to what's kinda like college (different school system and all).

I only had two/three people act silly for once.
The rest of my experiences are filled with people calling me cute/something out of a fairytale or just liking certain pieces of my outfits, most of the time it's my Twinkle Journey jsk.

Do you think things go so smoothly because I go to an art school?

>> No.6855240

>>6855209
Disgusting.

>> No.6855258

>>6855236
Probably, but it really depends on the location and the local culture.
I live in bumfuck nowhere and have gotten crazy comments just wearing a normal black office skirt for interviews or meetings, and weird stares carrying a parasol in 110 degree fucking hot sunny weather.
Yet as soon as I get on campus no one even blinks, and we're an engineering school, art is pretty small. It's not uncommon to see a power ranger or darth vader or someone with (poorly dyed) blue hair wandering around on campus.

>> No.6855262

>>6855236
I got to a school in hicktown usa and it seems like my experience was better than your's, haha. Hmmm, I wonder what really affects our experiences.

>> No.6855289

people wore lolita to my highschool all of the time and they never got in any trouble for it. then again i lived in a very affluent area where kids were already dressed nicely anyways, the teachers probably just saw them as junior aristocrats or something.

>> No.6855297

>>6855289
wat. This post reeks of trying too hard.

>> No.6855306

>>6855233
It is. Holy shit man.

>> No.6855312

>>6855297
i wish i was joking, people wore what they pleased. the teachers liked it when the kids dressed up, the only thing they really enforced in the dress code was about was really short shorts, and hats inside of the building. even that wasn't enforced very much. the school was also extremely liberal, it had a feminist activist club and all that gud hippy shit.

>> No.6855324

Shit, I never knew American schools were so crazy about dresscodes. I'm from Europe and I went to school here, there are no dress codes at all in my country's middle/highschools. I used to wear Lolita all the time from late middle school through high school, and everyone loved it. Never got bullied either.
America is obviously doing something wrong with their school system.

>> No.6855332

Ah god I remember when I transfered schools when my family moved from one side of town to the other, the school we got sent to was a ran down charter that required uniforms, although it was basically white or navy dress shirt/blouse with navy slacks for boys and skirt or skorts for girls. I hated it. A few years later when i entered jr high, my 8th grade year they turned to uniforms, however my mom signed a waiver saying we didnt have enought money to afford it, when in reality i was hitting puberty and was a landwhale. I looked awful in everything but black jeans and random tshirt made me look a bit better.

>> No.6855353

>>6855324
Canadafag here,
My high school uniform was black running shoes, black pants, and a white golf shirt with the school crest on it. You would get suspended for 3-5 days if:
-Your socks were not black or white
-You had anything on under the white shirt (it was see-through...guess how many girls got in shit for wearing undershirts that weren't flesh-coloured?)
-Your shoes weren't 100% black, including the sole (harder than expected to find, since my HS had over 1500 students and we tended to clear them out of shops)
-Your pants were too tight or too loose, this was entirely at the administrators' discretion

Clearly, white socks with pink stripes are far more disruptive to education than a 3 day suspension (yes, a girl in my class got suspended for those). And the pants thing was bullshit. The school shirts were fucking huge, so pants that fit like normal slacks looked much too tight when worn with the shirt. Luckily they calmed down after a year of parents complaining, but it was fucking ridiculous.

I'm lucky I never got caught for my shoes. My solid black runners wore out pretty fast and I never found replacements. In winter I wore boots, and in other seasons I wore black shoes with a coloured sole. I got very skilled at hiding my feet. This was just a normal public school btw.

>> No.6855368

>>6855353
shit man, I'd have gone crazy. which retard thought up this shit? they should know that too strict rules just makes kids want to break them even more.

>> No.6855372

>>6855368
Yep, basically what happened is we got a new vice principal and he decided that was the best way to assert his authority and make students respect him (lol). Cue every student wearing the short-sleeved uniform shirt with a neon, long-sleeved undershirt. We actually tried to petition for a more diverse uniform set (skirts, sweaters, etc.) since at least the freedom would make us more willing to comply. I'll be the first to agree that my HS had a ton of kids with attitude issues, but that was entirely the wrong way to go about it.

>> No.6855374

>>6855353
Did you go to a Catholic or private school?

I went to a public high school, and the only rules we had were
1. No hats indoors
2. No belly shirts
3. No profanity on clothing

>> No.6855383

>>6855374
Catholic (public*), but the kind that may as well be secular. We were all nominal/lapsed Catholics, teachers and administrators included. Most of us only went there because it was closer than the secular public school (most of us had to walk).

*For non-Canadafags, we have taxpayer-funded Catholic and secular schools.

>> No.6855391

>>6855383
That kinda explains it - it's funny, though, because we had a Catholic-Catholic HS 2 blocks away from ours (they had services in school, and would go to a nearby church 3 times a week), but their dresscode....
Pretty much stereotypical, movie versions of Catholic school uniforms. I could see flashes of underwear as the girls went up the steps of the bus because their skirts were rolled/hemmed so high.
It was especially comical in the winter.

>> No.6855396

>>6855391
Yeah, I used to go to a more Catholic-Catholic school before moving to that one (I'm the same anon who was talking about the skort-kilts upthread) but the way this school worked was just retarded*. Luckily, our teachers also thought the strictness about shoes and socks was retarded and they wouldn't sell us out.

*Not just about uniforms. A teacher slipped and fell down the stairs in that school while walking normally and ended up with head injuries. What did we do for gym in winter? Run up and down those same stairs.

>> No.6855398

I live in a small European country and we dont't have a "general" high school program, we get to choose if we want to go a program that prepers you for work or futher studies. Since a lot of slackers chooses the work prepearing programs and my school only have university-prepearing programs there are not a lot of bad eggs. My school is rather small too so I think it would be more dificult to get away with snarky remarks.

I personally wear lolita a few times a month and allways on special occasions. I get a lot of possetive reactions both from teacher and random pupils. My classmates are pretty used to it and I get a lot of questions about the style.

>> No.6855403

>>6855163
I think the funny thing is that i think a lot of people would assume i was pretty extroverted: If im out in public then ill put a lot of effort in. Im a regular chatterbox if the subject is right but im not the type, as your friend is, to lead the party somewhere else as ill want to make my excuses and leave. Im never in the kitchen at parties but if i have the chance to be at home alone i relish it: its my recharge time.

>> No.6855405

>>6855193
this is correct, many people ageplay as young teens and in this day and age tweens actually do wear pretty elaborate stuff.

>> No.6855409

>>6855194
I also feel easily encroached upon, like if too many people are asking me to go out or if someone wants to spend more time with me than i expected i begin to get a bit grumpy, i gotta get that alone time!

A friend recently asked to crash on my couch and while it was a reasonable request i just really didn't want them *there* in my space for so long.

>> No.6855421

The Netherlands doesn't even have dress codes in schools. You can wear whatever the fuck you want, except for hats. But that is because the teachers want to see your face and not your hat. So being brought up without dress codes, I think they are quite stupid and unnecessary. A loud student is a distraction, not what someone wears. I wasn't into Lolita back in high school, but wore more alternative. And yes kids bully, but not when teacher is there. And they will always bully, even when you do have uniform. Because then they will pick something else then your clothes. So saying certain clothes are a distraction always strikes me as quite weird, cause in class no one minds, in the breaks however they do. But you aren't gonna stop that anyways.

>> No.6855423

>>6855353
I went to a high school that gave people detentions for not having their socks pulled up to the correct height, or wearing the wrong colour hair elastic.

>> No.6855428

lolita is definately not for high school. period. students have too much free time to pick on you and stare. in college. however, everyone is too busy actually learning and getting their moneys worth than to stare at you all day because youre wearing weird clothing. i despise lolitas that wear the clothes to school and then bitch about recieving shit from people.

>> No.6855431

Asian here. Here's my childhood school uniform stories.

you must wear a shirt and tuck it into the skirt.
>tuck out the shirt completely, but fold up the ends to fake a tuck-in when the principal is passing by

your skirt must be X inches below the knee.
>fold the top of the waistband to shorten the skirt

if your hair touches the shoulders, you must tie all of it. The only accepted hairstyles are ponytails, pigtails and braids. if your fringe is X inches or longer, you must pin up all of it. for boys, if your hair touches the collar of the shirt, you must cut it.
>nobody liked pinning fringes
because your forehead will look very big. you'll get laughed at, at least in my school. this girl tricked it by putting a bobby pin into her fringe, but not pin it up; the pin was just there but not pulling the hair back. and when the principal is inspecting your attire, you conveniently pull it up.
you must always wear the school brooch and your name tag.
boys had no way of cheating hair length, once it touches the collar the principal could pull you out during inspection and have the discipline teacher shave you bald.

no dyed hair (asian, we are 50% purely black haired and 49% very dark brown haired and 1% brown hair) the naturally brown hair kid will always have teachers bugging him/her, always. and that kid will always insist his/her hair is real. some people would specifically dye one spot of their hair inside their head, close to the scalp; when they are in school it is hidden in the ponytail, when they are out, they will style it to show the little streak of blonde/brown

for footwear, only pure-black or pure-white trainers are allowed.
my classmate wore hot pink trainers, she was pulled out during inspection and made to stand barefroot in front of everybody.

>> No.6855433

>>6855431
What country did you go to school in? When I went on exchange to Japan I was suprised at how lax the dress code was (girls wearing coloured hair accessories or sneakers instead of leather shoes).

>> No.6855443

>>6855431
contd.

generally, a student that abides by all the dress code rules are perceived as either dorks or stuck-up. especially the councillors, they were under pressure from the teachers to get their friends to abide by the rules, or they risk losing being a councillor. i was from (>>6855433
) singapore where the pressure to succeed academically is high and many people are crazy about entering the best of schools with the best of grades and portfolios. you "bump" chances of entering good schools with being in the councillor club, and especially more if you curry favour with the teachers and become a chairman/ex-chairman etc.

some students were more westernised in their thinking, or maybe it was just a phase. they kept pushing for a "Wear What You Want Day" every time the board opened up for suggestions from students. This move was always rejected though. But on a day called Racial Harmony you could dress as you like, as long as it was classified as a "traditional costume" of any ethnicity. And you could get away with wearing makeup but I only learned how to do that when i got to college

with college i realised how fun having uniforms were. it was great trying to escape/hide from the principal or discipline teacher and those silly methods we invented to dodge the rules were fun. having the freedom to wear what you want was boring. though, if i were a student now, i'll probably wear my shirt into my skirt. i'm glad i wasn't given "freedom of what to wear" in my schooling days it was really fun times.

imo not all schools are equally strict with the dress code. i know for one that convent schools were damn anal about it and some even required long hair to be bunned. i went to a fairly good school, but in schools where there are a lot of delinquents, the teachers either don't care or can't enforce the dress code very much, because they had bigger problems, like students getting involved in illegal things (petty crimes, vandalism, gang fights etc)

>> No.6855469

I never wore lolita to school. And even though we didn't have any dress codes everyone was dressed in a decent and approriate way. It was just a way to show respect to the teachers AND each others. Going to school dressed in a provocative fashion of any kind just causes distraction and unwanted attention so I think it's totally right if you were asked to stop wearing lolita to school. That's not what the school is meant for.
I wouldn't even wear lolita to work, this shit ruins your reputation and makes you seem very selfish and self-centered. Lolitas should just accept that there are situations where we should better not wear lolita and stop whining about it. Just keep it to your freetime.

>> No.6855485

>>6855398
Sweden?

>> No.6855520

it's nice to live in a country with no dress codes or such. Well obviously I don't see many girls wearing tank tops or super long shorts because this place is kind of cold, but people can express themselves how they want

>> No.6855521

>>6855469
ookko suomalai? :D

>> No.6855535

>>6855469
Wow, what a culture difference. Most kids here don't give two shits about their education until they get to college, and in college I can see that being true, but in most American high schools this is akin to a joke. Respect? For your peers or administrators? You must be kidding. Kids at my school either wore 3 pairs of boxer's to cover their ass and a saggy pair of jeans or yoga pants and a lowcut tee. Dress code was a constant issue, but not more important than students constantly assaulting staff member's or drugs in lockers.
I had one friend who wore lolita to school and she got teased, but she never paid any mind. The next year she went to an art academy and they never seemed to mind.

>> No.6855560

>>6855535

Yeah, sounds like previous anon >>6855469 is from some European country where the vast majority of students attend class in uniforms, or Singapore. She sounds like she's from Singapore.

And agreed. I wore some crazy shit back when I was a stupid, stupid weeb (weeby pseudo Japanese shit and shitty cosplay). I only respected teachers who gained (in my truncated judgment) my respect. I have no idea how I managed to get a school award with the amount of rudeness and irreverence I had.

I was a terrible weeb back then. But nobody gave a shit and even though I was teased, it certainly wasn't because I was not contributing to a cohesive atmosphere in class.

>> No.6855636

>>6855431
>>6855443

In England the schools are very strict about uniform. Even if was cold and snowing we had to take our coats, gloves and scarves off *immediately* as soon as we entered the school grounds and there was always a teacher on duty to check. If you're unlucky enough to go to a school that has a lot of buildings unconnect to each that you have to go outside to reach well . .. too bad.
Even really bad schools are strict on their uniform here - eg. top button done up, shirt tucked in, no trainers.
Not as strict about hair as in Singapore though! Boys can wear their hair long if they want and most state schools let you keep your hair down.

>> No.6855650

>>6855636
My school was exactly like that. However they used to go so far as to measure heals on shoes to make sure they met the required height. As well as this they used to make sure our trousers were the correct shade of grey, if not we had to be sent home to get changed.

>> No.6855654

>>6855431
That sounds like my school dress code, except there weren't requirements about hair length for girls, and mine just specified hair could not be dyed "unnatural" colors. I went to HS in the US. With the rules-lawyery way the dress code was written, I think I could have worn Lolita because there weren't specific rules against it and the individual items fit the code's "decency" guidelines. (Though there were some styles forbidden by name that none of us could figure out because the code was so old. I suspect they may have added Lolita to the forbidden styles by now.)

>> No.6855659

This girl gets on my nerves.
"Oooh I hate being noticed; better go and wear an outfit that makes me stand out like a sore thumb!"
"Ooooh I get panic attacks if I'm in a room with a teacher, where's my special treatment?!"
"How dare you dislike my outlandish, over-the-top outfit! I'm grabbing my lace parasol, handbag and strutting out of this communist conformist hellhole!!111!!"
Seriously. I'm surprised they didn't send her home as soon as she got in - they would in my school. Also parasol, really?
Why does she stress so much about her "problems". I get panic attacks all the fucking time, I don't get 'speshal counselor tweetment' at all. This woman needs a reality check.

>> No.6855663

Listening to high school kids argue over the internet about outlandishly expensive costume clothing is fucking hysterical.

>> No.6855665

>>6855636
Our school was very strict about how we looked. UK grammar school though. We had to have our hair tied up, and the boy's grammar school next door didn't allow boys to have hair that touched their collars. We also weren't allowed to dye our hair unnatural colours. We had to wear our blazers all the time too, even in the middle of heatwaves. Same coat/scarves/gloves rule too.

>> No.6855671

>>6855659
That doesn't mean ignoring mental issues is acceptable. Even though she replied that they called her mother and grandfather over her clothes, I think they did it because that's how they're trained to respond to mental issues. Ignoring people's mental issues is a pretty serious thing and I highly doubt that they would be so flippant. Same with yours.

>> No.6855672

you had to a buy a specific set of uniform from a vendor. you can't just buy any random shirt from the mall as long as they were the "correct shade of X colour." everyone has to wear the exact same uniform. also, every school has a unique uniform. so, when some brats are caught smoking in public, the public would call the school to complain, and a discipline teacher would probably go hunt them down. from what i know, high schools in america allow you to wear what you want as long as you stick to certain rules which is more like >>6855654 ?

here's some pictorial reference from some random school (scroll down)
http://www.kranjisec.moe.edu.sg/our_school/school_regulation.html

>> No.6855673

>>6854469
Coming from a country that has no dress codes at school I do think it's a bit strange for schools to restrict what students wear. I have never in my life seen a situation where a student's clothes distract anyone at all. I guess the only situation where it sounds reasonable is when someone's private parts are hanging out.

>> No.6855677

>>6855654
Me and my friends were the legitimate reason to many of the differences made to our school uniform.
It was a typical white shirt/tie/black trousers or skirt sort of place but I started wearing frilly shirts, pleated skirts with 'petticoats' and bloomer-like shorts with long frilly socks and pigtails ever day.
Essentially, imouto-chan peadobait. the teachers had huge issues with it but it wasn't officially against the rules, so they changed it to be really specific.
I was still showing less skin than the normal girls in their fitted shirts and miniskirts though, so it was pretty unfair.

The next year they brought in embroidered polo shirts to replace the shirt and ties. Disgusting.

>> No.6855678

Oh wow, another whiny, self-diagnosing Tumblr cunt who fakes panic attacks for attention and calls themselves "introverted" because they imagine it's synonymous with "interesting".
This is why I don't visit EGL.

>> No.6855680

I don't know. I sorta want to wear lolita in my Uni, but I'm starting to get scared people will not accept it. o_o

>> No.6855685

>>6855673
Uniforms serve a bigger purpose than that.

In some schools it's seen as a way to reduce bullying.
If everyone is wearing the same clothes that can be bought cheaply in department stores, nobody can be picked on for not affording the coolest Levis. Naturally, people sill get bullied but it's one less thing to tick off.
Some schools use this in a reverse though, where only approved and expensive shops stock the official uniform, and so poorer families are discourages from send their children. This is more common in Asia than the UK, I've heard.

Uniforms are also good from a recognition standpoint, as it's harder to be lost track of on school trips and people feel safer in the face of a teen gang when they know they can identify where they're from. Kids know they're more likely to be caught if committing a crime in uniform, as the school will be notified.

I've heard about "getting you ready for working life" before too, but that's sort of old fashioned.

tl:dr uniforms are nice.

>> No.6855688

Most high schools wouldn't care as long as the dress is long enough. What nazi high school did you attend?

>> No.6855693

>>6855672
Ahh, I see. Yeah, I had that sort of thing in middle school, with the mandatory white shirts from the uniform store and green socks or tights and specified shoes and forbidden hair ties and jewelry. It was a pain. But my high school just had a dress code. A lot of the Catholic high schools had uniforms, though.

>> No.6855695

>>6855685
>the same clothes that can be bought cheaply in department stores
Not where I live. My high school uniform consisted of:
>$90 summer dress
>$80 jumper
>$200? blazer
>$20 hat
>$140 winter skirt
>$50 winter blouse
>$25 tie
All compulsory. You can practically buy burando for that price.

>> No.6855699

>>6855636
>>6855665
Fellow UK resident and my school was also like this despite just being a regular state school. We also had to ask permission from a teacher to remove our blazers in summer. Girls who wore too noticable foundation would get their faces scrubbed by teachers waiting in the hallway with wet-wipes.

Our uniform was so boring too, black blazer, black trousers/skirt and a red and black tie until year eleven when we switched to black ones. I tried so hard to get cute grey plaid skirts.

>> No.6855701

>>6855695
Did you just stop at that sentence or something?
Reading comprehension please.
You had a school that wanted to keep the poor kids out.

>> No.6855711

>>6855701
My school uniform wasn't cheap either, and I went to a really mixed school. Some students were from rich families, but others were poor as fuck. The blazer was £80 already.

>> No.6855714

>>6855701
My school actually offered scholarships for students with a disadvantaged financial background. So I doubt it was a deliberate decision, they just wanted everyone to look completely identical.

>> No.6855718

one of my classmates is japanese, and wears over-the-top frilly girly outfits every day. i mean, she is the kind of person who won't go near anything she doesn't find cute. (that includes food) we've been in the same class since some time in september i think, and so far the only thing that has happened is some guy throwing trash at her? apparently kids make fun of her at the bus stop. but other than that, no one really cares at all. its nice to have someone to discuss jfash with, though, the only other girl in our class is this scary weeaboo.

my mum grew up in england, and her mum was the kind of person who had girls sent to her office to remove their rings with soap. all accessories off, no excuses. it seems so extreme.

i don't think i'll ever wear lolita to school. my classmate wore a sweet lolita dress one time, but she wore white jeans underneath? but again, no one cares, except for some of our teachers, and they always love her outfits.
im sorry all this is so badly written, i have no excuse

>> No.6855725

>>6855636
My high school was nothing like that for the first three years I was there, although my middle school was. We just had a sweatshirt, polo shirt, and trousers, although most people wore jeans. To be honest, the teachers were more concerned about keeping the kids in school (and sober) than how they looked.

We became an Academy in Year 11 though. We got a proper uniform and new staff, and everything just went to shit. It was properly awful after that.

>> No.6855789

>>6855685
That isn't common at all in the UK.
>>6855695
what the fuck.
I went to an English private school for a few years and it didn't cost even close to that much.
>blouses pack of two £10
>blazer £40
>Grey skirt £14
>Jumper £17? Optional.
>Black tights (skin coloured in the summer or white socks)
>Tie £7? not worn in summer

>> No.6855803

>>6855699
omg yes. We used to have these girls only assemblies and everyone would be checked on their way out and then be sent to the nurse to clean it all off.
>>6855718
Most schools only allow religious jewelry and there was this one really vain Jewish girl in my class who used to wear a crucifix just so she could wear a necklace.

>> No.6855835

>>6854683
Actually a friend oft mine has the same problem, she can't speak at all when she's pressured. Even a simple yes or no is almost impossible, so I can relate to OP.
That kiki-girl however...

>> No.6856042

>>6854469
I did a lot of stupid stuff in high school.
-going drunk/getting drunk at school
-going high/getting high at school (morphine, ecstasy, weed, ketamine, benzos, opiates)
-going to school in costumes on days that aren't halloween and freaking the shit put of staff (like Sadako, or as a zombie)
-almost getting expelled for making the hall monitor cry

But never gone in lolita. There are things that are way worse than lolita, the school should leave her alone.

>> No.6856107

>>6855701
I went to a public school with uniforms (so every kid in the district had to go to this school, unless they went to private school or got homeschooled) and our uniforms were similarly expensive, even though they were wal-mart quality. The uniform company is just full of dicks.

>> No.6856136

The person who got me into lolita was my friend Anna. Me and Anna have been friends since we were in middle school, and now that I'm in college I don't see her anymore. We did EGL all throughout high school, as well as cosplay. But no one had any idea that I did it, only that crazy Anna wanted to look like a Barbie everyday. Here's why.

I don't find EGL/cosplay to be practical for the real world/uninformed society. I'm not one of those stupid asshat teens that's "insecure about their body" (because no one honestly fucking cares about your fatness) and doesn't mind being in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I also don't mind decking myself out in frills and wigs with tons of bows and ruffles. Though I always cringed at the idea of wearing it to school.
"But Poster, you just said that you don't care about what you wear?"
I do not, you're correct. But lolita isn't some kind of comfort zone for me. I never got that shit, stupid over emotional retards. All this crap about "oh EGL makes me feel good about myself; I feel beautiful!" just makes me want to punch someone. Lolita fashion isn't some kind of scapegoat for your fake insecurities and woes. Stop being such a cry baby wannabe attention getter and learn that people are too busy bettering themselves, and if they're not, they certainly aren't paying attention to you.
Anywho, back to my story. Anna wore EGL everyday to school and was asked all the questions... "Are you little Bo Peep?" "Why are you a big Barbie?" "Isn't it late/early for Halloween?"
Eventually in Senior year she made it a huge deal that she didn't feel "safe" in EGL/cosplay at school.
No one physically hurt her. At all.
It's her fucking fault for being such an emotional twat for caring about what a bunch of freshman mumbled under their breath.

Moral of the story is that EGL isn't practical and everyone should stop complaining about how much they get bullied for wearing such a ridiculous fashion

>> No.6856161

>>6856136
If you don't care for frills, why are you even on CGL?

>> No.6856178

>>6856042
+9,000 edgy for me.

>> No.6856187

>>6856161
I do! I truly do, but I'm not going to wear it in unnecessary places like school or work. Ive been in EGL since middle school. Sorry, didn't clarify that

>> No.6856194

>>6856178
I didn't get how any of her stupid underage boasts were related to her "And that's why...".
People just love to talk about themselves.

>> No.6856235

>>6854799
aside from the shirt, it looks bad. Wear a different skirt with it

>> No.6856245

the school i go to is for performing arts, so you can imagine the way some kids dress. wearing lolita only gets you compliments around here

>> No.6856248

>>6856178
My point was that this is what kids do that is actually harmful. I didn't even read the thread or the egl post, I just responded to OP's question
>Did you ever wear lolita to school, /cgl/? Do you think a school is in the right for asking students not to wear lolita?
No, but it is not the worst thing that could ever happen at school.

I'm sure you've done a lot of stupid shit too. Sorry for special snowflaking in your party.

>> No.6856264

Meh. My school is a uniform school, but on casual days people go all out because we have to pay to wear our casual clothes. I wear lolita to school, but everyone is pretty chill about it.

The only incident was around halloween, we aren't allowed to wear costumes to school but it was a casual day. Some mother filed a complaint about why I was allowed to wear a 'costume' but her son wasn't. The principal was on my side and explained to her that it's something i wear on a regular basis and how much money i put into my clothing.

It all just depends on the school. But if a teacher says your outfit is distracting and you need to change, then go fucking change.

>> No.6856266
File: 47 KB, 550x650, School_uniform_plaid_skirt_plaid_jumper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry I'm joining the party late, but yall spoiled niggas with your "skirt" uniforms. let's get some jumpers up in here with that sexy snappy tie. Aw yeah Catholic school. Now just had some hunter green woolen knee socks and rolling suitcase backpacks with approximately 300 keychains attached to the zipper and we were some baller ass 3rd graders.

I remember one girl whose family was poor, one side of the jumper straps came loose from the waist band and she would have it reattached with safety pins, or she'd throw the dangling side over her shoulder like some kind of hillbilly. Oh, poor snaggle-tooth Katia.

>> No.6856268

>>6856264
principal should have told mom that her son could wear frilly dresses too, as long as he wears them regularly and isn't an ita.

>> No.6856275

so many people here saying clothes are distracting.

do you people have such a short attention span that you'd find a fucking dress distracting? how does that even work?
with all the stupid shit kids do all the time, i really don't think that the clothes they're wearing could have much of an influence on their work...

>> No.6856296

>>6856275
If teachers complain about a student wearing a costume to school, or students complain about it being distracting (face it guys, lolita is a costume to the average person, no matter how much you huff and puff about it), Then they have every right to ask you to change. You go to school to learn, not to dress up in expensive costume-esque clothing to show everyone what a special snowflake you are and complain about being persecuted

>> No.6856315

>>6856296
ETC tends not to look costumey. Their clothes are as close to everyday as you can get. Dress + bolero + cute shoes = cute clothes, not costumey at all. You can dress in lolita without looking like (or being) a special snowflake. Even IW and AP make some toned-down pieces you can wear everyday that just look cute instead of costumey.

>> No.6856320

>>6856315

ETC is otome. The point is, you can argue all you want about lolita and other crazy fashion. The final decision is still up to the schools.

>> No.6856321

>>6856315
I'm talking about the OP from EGL

She was wearing a petticoat, a headdress and had a parasol with her for crying out loud

You can certainly wear otome and look like a normal person and not costumey, but there is no way that's what she was doing when the teachers complained.

>> No.6856322

>>6856320
That's true. Still, doesn't it at least seem a little silly when they get after kids who overdress in cute modest clothes and the ones who underdress in revealing clothes? Like there's some window you have to fall between to look "normal." If it's not crazy OTT or in the way of any classes and they're not dressed like a streetwalker, why even bother getting after lolitas at school? It's a waste of time and resources to regulate every single thing the students do.

>> No.6856327

>>6856321
she said she usually carries around a parasol though.

>> No.6856329

>>6856322
As people have said on the EGL post and here, they are trying to prepare you for the real world. If you have a job interview with a fortune 500 company or a law firm, you cannot show up dressed in steampunk or goth or EGL, or with your tits & ass hanging out. Additionally, that kind of dress just shows disrespect for the education establishment. Teachers don't want to see your 14 year old cleavage or backdimples, and they don't want their students to be distracted by your costumes. I think that is a pretty reasonable request.

Use common sense.

>> No.6856331

>>6856296
i still fail to see how any clothes or costume could be distracting.
those things just aren't related in any way : sure, clothes aren't helping you to learn, but they're not exactly preventing you from learning either. they're just, you know, there?

>> No.6856333

>>6856331
It's okay, you're just stupid.

>> No.6856336

>>6856331

Are you that brain dead? Think before you post.

>> No.6856343

>>6856331
Yea, there is no reasoning with you if this is what you really think

Just, go back to EGL now

>> No.6856344

>>6856329
it's just high school. it doesn't actually prepare you for anything.

>> No.6856345

>>6856344
That's what their goal is, and partly why dress codes exist

It's four years, you'll live. Deal with it

>> No.6856347

what is distracting about a dress

>> No.6856348

>>6856333
say what you want, but i've never been to a school with any kind of visible dress code and no amounts of goth, slutty, harcore christian or just plain ugly clothes have ever managed to distract me (or anyone else i've ever talked to irl) from learning.

>> No.6856353

>>6856275
Please, you're here BECAUSE you're distracted. Seriously, you could be planning some sort of investment or cleaning or exercising or feeding homeless people right now.

>> No.6856354

>>6856348
None of those things are costumes

Lolita clothing, to the average person, is

A school has the right to forbid students from wearing goddamn costumes to class

How is this a difficult concept to grasp for you

>> No.6856356

I grew up with a girl and she got sent to the office everyday for having a big chest by a certain teacher. it's so subjective

>> No.6856357

>>6856345
I'm not in high school anymore so I don't give a shit, but I went to a really artsy school and nobody cared what people wore as long as you didn't look like a stripper. there were some goth and punk kids and the teachers loved their clothes. I even dyed my hair bright red for a while and my math teacher thought it was cute. not every school's dress code is the same. I'm sure if I had worn lolita it wouldn't have been a big deal there at least.

>> No.6856364

>>6856357
What does this anecdote have to do with anything

If you school is okay with your wearing flashy, costumey clothing and dying your hair that's fine, go nuts

But if your school clearly says these things aren't allowed (as with the girl in the OP) then the students have to suck it up and deal with it. It's not a hard thing to do.

>> No.6856374

>>6856348

Are you a narcissist? I think so.

>> No.6856372

>>6856364
/thread

>> No.6856377

>>6856354
>Costumes

No. Lolita is not a costume. You can pretend to be a lolita because there are just so many kinds of lolita. It's a fashion, not a costume.

3/10 because I felt the need to correct you.

>> No.6856375

>>6856364
I was just trying to explain that high school is not necessarily a bastion of boring clothing and learning to be a professional. It depends on the school. OP's school is like that but not every high school has the same rules obviously

>> No.6856383

>>6856375

Have you even read the thread? People already know this.

>> No.6856380

>>6856377
Fucking typos.

CAN'T***************

>> No.6856382

>>6856296

I also don't understand clothing being distracting. You talk about the people being special snowflakes when you apparently expect someone else to have to change their clothes because apparently you can't not look at this person. The person wearing the clothes just wants to be left alone. Things that are distracting: making noise, moving around a lot, blocking things, pulling behaving students out of class to try and force them to change clothing. Things that aren't really distracting: clothing on someone quietly sitting in class.

>> No.6856390

you could try to change the dress code to be like a normal school

>> No.6856392

>>6856377
>to the average person
>the average person
>average person

You can protest all you want, but to the average person, you are wearing a costume and if you school says it's not appropriate, you change.

>>6856382
To schoolteachers, you might as well be wearing a pirate costume. There's no distinction for them, and it's not worth fighting about.

>> No.6856395

>>6856382
I dont get this either. If i wear a bright green shirt to class, but sit there learning, how am i distracting YOU?

People need to get over themselves. Unless someone is just naked for no reason, a dress isnt a distraction

>> No.6856398

>>6856395
I dont get this either. If i wear a clown costume to class, but sit there learning, how am i distracting YOU?

People need to get over themselves. Unless someone is just naked for no reason, a clown costume isnt a distraction

>> No.6856408

>>6856354
those were just the most common categories. i've had some classes with a ita-ish goth lolita, and that bothered absolutely no one either. it actually looked a lot less like a costume than what some of the mallgoth kids were wearing.

and i'm not saying schools don't have the right to forbid that stuff, they can do whatever they want with their own rules.
i'm just saying you'd have to be either a liar or someone with a serious mental condition to say you couldn't concentrate on your work because of some other kid's clothes.

>> No.6856413

God all you people ITT are fucking stupid. When they label clothing as a 'distraction' they don't literally mean people are going to be distracted because they're staring at you. They're taking specifically about the idiot kids who are looking for reasons to say something stupid and disrupt class. They're not targeting you because they think you're causing problems, but because you're making it easy for others to do so.

>> No.6856426

>>6856398
Because you're wearing a fucking clown costume in class you moron. I am laughing so hard at this

>I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING DISTRACTING EXCEPT WEARING AN OUTLANDISH AND STRANGE COSTUME, GAWD

>> No.6856428

>>6856413
>They're taking specifically about the idiot kids who are looking for reasons to say something stupid and disrupt class.
well then, shouldn't those kids be the ones that get shit? the way you tell it, it seems like the weird kids should be punished for the mean ones. i guess it's a pretty good way to prepare them for adult life, but that doesn't seem very ethical...

>> No.6856430

>>6856428
> schools
> ethical
That's not a thing.

>> No.6856432

>>6856398
I bet you're the kind of lolita who gets in a huff when normal people ask if you're wearing a costume

>ugh, why don't average people know the details of my niche fashion from overseas that they have literally never seen before! How rude!

Sounds more like you're the one who needs to get over yourself.

>> No.6856436

>>6856430
i know it isn't, i just don't think we should defend it too

>> No.6856437

>>6856426
>>6856432
i think anon was parodying the post directly above theirs and you guys may have missed the joke...

>> No.6856461

>>6856437
Oh I believe you're right, mud on my face for that one, lol!

>> No.6856617

>>6856382
So someone wearing a giant pink sombrero and a fake wooden leg and a sparkly rainbow boa aren't wearing clothing that is distracting?

What's not to understand?

>> No.6856623

>>6856617
Not the one you're arguing with, but that really wouldn't distract me if they were being quiet and orderly like anyone else.

>> No.6856648
File: 33 KB, 711x571, a-student_pini.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6856266
>wearing a snappy tie instead of a real one
ppffff you kids were spoilt

we had something similar to image related

>> No.6856651

>>6856623
You're a special snowflake. Normal people, especially teens, are distracted by things out of the ordinary.

>> No.6856653

>>6856648
My god, that thing looks like a smock.

>> No.6856682

>>6856623
yes please, try to bring yourself down the the 'normies' level (I know it's hard because you're just 'so weird lol!') and realize that average teenagers would look at someone in a costume and laugh and giggle and make fun of them and be distracted.

>but...but...but WHY DOES MY CREATIVITY HAVE TO BE PUNISHED?! THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR MAKING FUN OF ME!

because it's school and it sucks and in most countries you have to go by law and the government pays for it or your fucking parent do and it's completely out of your control, get over it, wear your stupid outfits once you're home or out on your own, end of story. Majority and normalcy rule in schools, this shouldn't be a wake up call or a surprise.

>> No.6856695

>>6856648
The uniforms in my area are a mix. Boys are pretty straight across the board--school polo or blazer, sweatervest and button-down. Girls don't really get that option except at the sports highschool. One school has mid-calf dresses for girls that are pinstriped and hideous, because they look like tents on every single one of them. Another has skirts that are meant to be knee-length, worn with blouses, and sweaters or blazers which they generally roll up to nearer their asses once they get out of class. And the third is an elementary, where they all wear blue check (button tops and shorts for boys or girls; jumpers with a white blouse for girls who want to) in warm weather and blue wool (pants or jumpers with white tops and matching sweaters) in cold.

The only school in my area not to have a uniform is the Montessori school down the highway.

>> No.6856696

>>6856695
>elementary
Fuck me, this is what I get for reading this thread and tumblr at the same time. Infants/Primary.

>> No.6856709

>>6854799
that looks poorly made, and jesus fucking christ just don't fucking wear it to school, there is a time and a place.

>> No.6856746

>>6856042
3kool5skool

>> No.6856919

>>6856617

No, that's not distracting to me. The sombrero may cause some blockage issues, but they can remove their hat in class or sit in the back. I'd think "How bizaar/how cool/whatever/I must get a better look later." Then, class time. Please explain how it's so distracting that you must focus on it the whole class beyond an initial reaction.

Example:
noise- can't hear teacher or whatever you're supposed to be listening to; may make you think something dangerous may be happening

excessive movement- attracts the eye and is changing a lot. Usually also creates noise and blockage issues. May concern you that the person may be dangerous and/or needs help. Would have to be over the top to even make distraction list though.

blocking things- blocking the board or whatever people are supposed to be looking at or blocking aisles/making it so others can't move freely through the classroom.

bad smell- can make you feel sick

>> No.6856936

>>6856919
oh god, stop snowing on me snowflake oh gooooodddddd i'm drowningggggggggggg

>> No.6856944

>>6856919
It's really not that hard to figure it out.

Kid walks into class wearing a giant sombrero, feather boa, whatever, outlandish outfit.

"OMG WHY ARE YOU WEARING THAT?"

"Whaaaaaaat!!!"

"Lololol *takes pictures with phone*"

"MRS G DID YOU SEE HIS OUTFIT? OMG"

It's not that "omg I can't possibly look at the chalkboard because someone's wearing a boa!" it's that something distracting will get people talking, get people interested in knowing what's going on, talking to each other, taking pictures, and otherwise focusing on the distraction instead of what's really going on. Will EVERYONE in the entire class give in to distraction? No. But given how damn distracted high school kids currently are, it's bound to happen.

>> No.6856952

>>6856944

it's a lost cause, anon can't pull their head out of their own ass to realize how average teenagers react to things like that, or how the majority rules in schools. don't waste your breath

>> No.6856961

>>6856952
But they are so special they focus solely on learning all the time!!

>> No.6856994

>>6856961
They probably think they should teach the class too I bet!

In a hot pink sombrero and a dragon dildo as a pointer!

>> No.6857062

>>6856944

Teacher calls class to order. Send out anyone who doesn't comply. Be a teacher. Also, I have never heard of it actually ocurring, especially among those complaining about being forced to change. The complaint is no distraction was happening until they're sent to the office and forced to change. While I understand they aren't necessarily the most reliable source, most stories from others also support this while there has never been really any evidence to support your "oh so obvious" scenario.

>>6856936
>>6856952
>>6856961
>>6856994

Having fun with your butthurt bitchfit?

>> No.6857075

>>6857062
lol, don't be upset that you got called out

>> No.6857083

>>6857062
Wow, you're a moron. What part of 'majority rules' don't you understand? If a majority of the class (you know, the average teenagers) would have a problem with someone wearing a costume, then the person wearing the costume is going to get sent out.

I guess it's pretty hard to admit you're wrong of course, I get that. No one said it was 'right' they just said that's the way it is and you have to deal with it.

Have you never been to school before or are you home schooled or something? Your ignorance is really astounding.

>> No.6857097

>>6857062
>there has never been really any evidence to support your "oh so obvious" scenario.

Except four years of being in high school and three years of being a TA in a high school. Were you homeschooled or do you have a disorder that makes it difficult for you to assess social situations? Because this is some common sense stuff here.

Teenagers are easily distracted. This is not some magic, out-there scenario. It happens all the time, and not just with fashion. And it's not always viable for a teacher to send out students who "don't comply," especially if it's more than one student. It's a better solution to correct the distraction (aka: put the project under your desk, or ask them to change distracting clothing) than to correct half the class since lord knows you'll have to correct them more than once.

>> No.6857162

>>6857083
>>6857097

You guys are arguing with someone who has no empathy. Stop bullying the assburger.

>> No.6857345

cgl is the most un-/fa/ so they have a chip on their shoulder.
a dress is not a costume and no one deserves to be harrassed.

>> No.6857403

>>6857345
OP was never harassed. She was told by a school official to change out of her distracting costumey attire (which is within their rights to do), and decided to refuse and make a big stink of it, and run to EGL for validation and asspats

Lolita is a costume to most everyone else out there, no matter how many times you plug your ears and insist it isn't.

>> No.6857851

>>6857403
and of course she is going to go back to the administrators and complain about how they made her feel so harassed and uncomfortable instead of laying low and graduating.

>> No.6857864

I've been thinking about wearing lolita for one day when I go back to school in the fall for my master's. Probably on a Friday or a day where I don't have to go in for my internship.

It's ok to wear lolita, but you should set some limits. I'm definitely not wearing it for a presentation or around Halloween.

>> No.6858217

>>6854620

Depends on the school, and also your coursework. For example, art professors pretty much expect students to roll in wearing paint-stained pajamas, but some of the business professors expected blouses and button-ups. English professors love a fruity outfit, but Chemistry and other hard sciences don't really like flowy looks.

Spend the first week or two simply observing and looking up your school's dress code, then segue into lolita.

>> No.6858221

>>6854663

My friend used to wear thigh-high fetish high heels to class... I don't know why, she was just completely nuts. They had so many "conversations" with her about her wardrobe they eventually just decided to let anything that wasn't dangerous or showing skin go.

>> No.6858226

>>6854717

Why are those giant sweaters so fucking cute. Even on guys, they are fucking adorable. I want one!

>> No.6858236

I don't think any public school should have the right to dictate what you wear as long as your tits or ass aren't hanging out or it isn't incredibly offensive (like a shirt with racial profanity or whatever). My school gave zero shits, as they should have.

>> No.6858242

>>6854663
People fetishize school girl uniforms WAY more than lolita if you want to pull that card.

>> No.6858248

>>6858236
THIS. Public schools are PUBLIC and at least in the US you HAVE to go to them, so fuck yeah you should be able to wear whatever you want with in reason, which lolita is.

>> No.6858256

>>6855421

Maybe you just have less human trash in the Netherlands?

I knew girls that tried to wear belly-showing tube tops with miniskirts showing their ass. I'm embarrassed to admit it now, but I would wear pants 3-4 sizes too big with belly crop shirts with my stomach and ass hanging out. Girls would wear see-through shirts without bras, guys had holes in the crotch.

We seriously had to be corralled into looking like human beings, because we were an army of retarded pigs.

>> No.6858261

To the commenters saying lolita is too distracting for school: anyone whose education is at risk because they're too distracted by a poofy dress does not deserve any sort of diploma.

>> No.6858272

>>6858242
I'm >>6854554
At my school, they actually banned thigh highs in my sophomore year because they were too sexual and fetishized. I completely ignored the rule however, they also had "the skirt must be one inch longer then your longest finger" rule and they never followed up on reprimanding.
When I'd walk home it wasn't out of the ordinary for someone to honk their horn or catcall at me, mind you I wasn't even wearing my skirt high, it was as long as my longest finger.

>> No.6858273

>>6858256
Dressing like a slut is very different from just dressing weird. Our school was strict about too much skin showing, but not if people were dressed like freaks.

>> No.6858278

>>6858272
>"the skirt must be one inch longer then your longest finger"
Our school also had that rule and it is so fucking retarded. I have short arms, so I could get away with wearing skirts that barely covered my ass. Meanwhile, I knew girls whose arms nearly went down to their knees and they got in trouble for wearing skirts that were totally fine length wise.

>> No.6858283

>>6858242
Oh but I will pull "that card" because how often do you see girls wearing slutty school uniforms to public schools?
And how often do you think private school girls get away with tweaking their uniforms to make them look sexier? Very little. And as someone previously. Mentioned rolling up the skirt was about all you could get away with.

>> No.6858288

>>6858248
Lolita is not within reason

Costumes are not within reason for a learning environment

Stop

>> No.6858291

>>6858283
They don't have to be slutty for people to fetishize them. I remember seeing guys leering like crazy at the uniformed girls I used to ride the subway with and they weren't wearing anything even close to revealing. Plus, think of the guys who fetishize Japanese school girls, they want the real thing, not some skanky Leg Avenue costumed whore.

Plus, lolita is never revealing unless you're failing at it miserably, anyway.

>> No.6858293

>>6858288
0/10

>> No.6858299

>>6858261
This so hard.

>> No.6858317

>>6858293
I know you dont like it, but to your principal, the teachers and all of the students there, you are wearing a costume

Don't worry, you'll graduate soon, and you can dress however you want

>> No.6858339

>>6858221
how classy.

>> No.6858394

>tfw severe social anxiety (dx'd)
>tfw have meeting with teacher over poor grades
>tfw panic and try to run out of classroom
>tfw based friends passing by stop me in the hall
>tfw in more shit

>> No.6858414

>>6858261
Normal human beings can be distracted by things. If those distractions are not dealt with, it can potentially hinder their education. If you can't understand that, you don't deserve any sort of diploma.

>> No.6858417

>>6858317
I already graduated, and even if it looks like a costume, if there's no mask, why the fuck should they care? "It's distracting" is a shit answer.

>> No.6858425

>>6858414
....you can't stop looking at someone long enough to take a test or some shit? That sounds like a personal issue with focus and attention span.
People dressing eccentrically is way less distracting than idiots talking and carrying on during class.

>> No.6858433

>>6858414
Not the person you replied to, but school is supposed to prepare you for the real world. In the real world, there will be bigger distractions to your work than someone in lolita or some other weird clothing style. Also, never have I (or anyone of at least average intelligence that I know, for that matter) been distracted by any of the goth kids with their creepy ass make up and funeral worthy garb or the punks with their brightly colored hair, studs, chains, etc. enough for my education to be hindered. I'm sorry, but anyone whose ability to work is in jeopardy over shit like that needs to reevaluate themselves.

>> No.6858435

>>6858417
They're high school kids. They will find any reason to not focus on school, whether it be some students clowning around outside the window, or someone sitting next to them in (what appears to be) a costume

>>6858425
There is a difference between eccentric dress and wearing a costume, which is what lolita appears to be to the average person

>>6858433
>school is supposed to prepare you for the real world.

Which is exactly why you're not allowed to wear whatever the hell you want when you go there, thank you

>> No.6858440

>>6858414
So, in the real world we should just get rid of anything even remotely distracting to secure a productive society? Because if kids don't learn in school to deal with it and ignore it, what happens when they graduate?

>> No.6858455

>>6856392

I disagree. They're clearly clothes, clothes and costume have very different levels of workmanship and practicality.

Haute couture is clothes, not costume. Marine formal uniforms, Japanese yukata, Orthodox Jew black outfits, Karate gi, the Pope's outfit with the weird-ass hat is clothes.

Lolita is clearly clothing--it's just really loud, outlandish clothing. To say it's not appropriate is fine, but to insist it's a costume is just inaccurate.

Just b

>> No.6858457

>>6858435
>Which is exactly why you're not allowed to wear whatever the hell you want when you go there, thank you

I was referring to the people that may be around you, not necessarily employees. If you work at a job that involves dealing with the public, saying "I was distracted by the girl in the weird dress" when your boss asks why shit isn't getting done isn't a valid answer.

>> No.6858458

>>6858417
It's not a shit answer. It's common sense.

A school is a learning environment for a community of students. In order to promote a stable learning environment, teachers need to be able to keep their students focused on the class. When you have someone who is distracting--whether that means they've brought something unusual into the classroom (a huge art project, an animal, etc) or because they're wearing something distracting (a crazy hat, a costume, or anything particularly out of the ordinary)--then you have the potential to disrupt the classroom.

Kids might start talking about the distraction, or want to see it, or take pictures of it, or text their friends about it, or ask about it--all during a time period which is inappropriate.

If you are a teacher, you have two real options. You can try to make the majority of the class stop being interested in the distraction, or you can correct the distraction. Ask the student to keep something out of sight, or return it to their locker, or otherwise correct it--take off the hat, go to the office and change, etc.

It's not a "shit answer," it's one that recognizes that teenagers are kids, a school is about learning not about ~~wearing whatever you want, whenever you want~~ and distractions can be an issue. Distractions in classrooms are bad enough with smart phones--why make it even harder for teachers.

>> No.6858466

>>6858433
You're right! And in a regular work environment you will not be allowed to wear whatever you want, whenever you want.

>>6858425
>People dressing eccentrically is way less distracting than idiots talking and carrying on during class.

What do you think makes idiots talk and carry on during class? It's not about a personal issue with attention span, it's about getting people talking about the distraction, getting them taking pictures, etc, and otherwise disrupting class.

>> No.6858471

>>6857864

I'm in my Master's program right now and I'm terrified to wear lolita or anything remotely "weird". I didn't give two shits in undergrad, but these people decide my future and write my recommendation letters to my future PhD programs.

I'm also teaching while getting my degree and I don't want my students to think they can be little shits because I wear weird clothes on campus.

>> No.6858472

>>6858457
Except you're comparing apples to oranges.

School is a closed learning environment. Working with the public is an open working environment.

And again it's not "zomg I can't possibly pay attention in class someones' wearing a big hat lolol!" it's "Someone wearing a distraction is going to get people talking, whispering, taking photos, etc, and disrupting the class even further--get rid of the distraction, get rid of the disruption." It's seriously not hard to understand at all.

>> No.6858475

>>6858440
yeah, seriously. I'm surprised by so many people who are supporting the 'take out the lolita distraction' thing.

I mean, what do they want us to wear? ALL BLACK PANTS AND BLACK DRESS SHIRTS and look exactly the same? casual lolita and classic lolita is fine. Even gothic lolita. I used to dress goth in high school and had no issues. I can see sweet lolita with btright bright wigs and dresses with lolipops being one thing, but still... even then. Not all jobs have super strict dress codes. I was able to wear my lolita dresses to work when i was at gamestop for a year and a half.

>> No.6858476

>>6858435
So we should also remove all the windows? Really, "high school kids will find any reason to not focus on school" isn't helping your argument at all.

High school is as good a place as any for kids to get to know eccentric people, alternative fashions and things that generally differ from the norm. I wear lolita almost daily and the only people who get 'distracted' by it are middle aged people who are very set in their ways. Teens can actually be very open minded and that should be encouraged, in my opinion. I think you're underestimating them.

>> No.6858478

>>6858261

Yes, fourteen year olds should be kept from earning a high school diploma. It's not like they're still being socialized and learning appropriate social interactions and their brains are still developing or anything. It's not like schools are 50% about teaching kids how to interact appropriately.

>> No.6858479

>>6858458
>It's not a shit answer. It's common sense.
See
>>6858457

I went to a small town school with no variety dress wise besides a few goths, punks, and over the top hipsters. No one gave two shits besides occasionally pointing out how funny they looked. By high school age, kids need to learn to just ignore that shit and get on with themselves. Removing the "distractions" is beneficial to no one besides in the immediate aftermath.

>> No.6858480

>>6858455
Are you seriously comparing lolita clothing to military, cultural and religious garb? What the actual fuck?

>They're clearly clothes

Not to the principal they're not. You are wearing a little bow peep costume. They don't give a shit about lolita fashion and don't want to

>>6858476
No, you call an administrator and say "there are two students making a ruckus outside my window, please go deal with them"

Just like you would also call an administrator and say "There is someone in my classroom dressed in a costume, please come deal with it"

>> No.6858484

cgl is so easy to troll

>> No.6858485

>>6858476
>people shouldn't wear costumes or obviously outlandish clothing at school
>OH OH SO THEY SHOULD REMOVE THE WINDOWS!!!!

Yes. Because wanting to decrease reasonable distractions means removing windows.

>> No.6858486

>>6858476

Um, there are a lot of schools were they did just that. My high school was built on, but the original building had zero windows on the grounds it was distracting. Some of my college halls also have no windows, with the same logic.

>> No.6858487

>>6858466
idk man most of the time if someone was talking during class it was about how high they are or were or were going to be. Or they were cheatin' on a test by talking ching-chong or derkaderka and trying to pass it off as asking for an eraser

not about what I was wearing

>> No.6858488

>>6858476
i would even argue it is essential for high school students to learn how weird people are. otherwise they all get dumped into college as a spergy or innocent twerps who can't function.

in my opinion schools should have two choices: uniforms / highly rigid dress code or no uniform / code. arguments could be made for either but this middle of the road, "i'll know it when i see it" bullshit is just randomly discriminatory. on the other hand, all you really can do as a child is bitch and hope adults will pressure your administrators.

at my school if your shirt said 'fuck' or whatever, they just made you turn it inside out. nobody had trouble 'focusing' over that shit.

>> No.6858489

So, since school is preparing you for the world world where there will be distractions, doesn't this mean that students should be allowed to do whatever they want in class? I mean, in the real world, people might be talking over you or listening to music instead of doing what they're supposed to be doing... why have any rules at all?

>> No.6858491

>>6858472
No, I'm not comparing apples to oranges, because the point of school is to prepare you for the real world. If kids make that much of a deal about it, the teacher should tell them to knock that shit off. If they don't, send the kids making the clothing a distraction to the principle's instead of the kid just wearing weird clothes. Otherwise, kids get it in their head that their behavior is not what needs to change, the other person doing nothing wrong besides looking different is.

>> No.6858495

>>6858491
Yes, you are. School is a closed, learning environment. It is not meant to simulate the real world.

>> No.6858499

>>6858495
ia, it would be better compared to an office worker in a cubicle

>> No.6858503

>>6858491
>Otherwise, kids get it in their head that their behavior is not what needs to change, the other person doing nothing wrong besides looking different is.
This is what it really boils down to and why the people supporting the idea of REMOVING ALL THE EVIL DISTRACTIONS are fucking morons.

>> No.6858507

>>6858495
Um... what the fuck kind of school did you go to? Literally every school in the US makes a point that high school is to prepare you for the real world. So, that point is perfectly valid.

>> No.6858508

I feel like a lot of the people ITT who are defending wearing costumes and crazy clothing were/are the type to wear Hot Topic shirts with swear words and cry about "MAH FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS!" when asked to change.

>> No.6858515

>>6858507

Preparing is not simulating.

But you agree with this anon, then, >>6858489 that there should be no rules at all? Since the real world can be like that.

>> No.6858516

>>6858508
Nope. I dressed like a normal person and went to a school with an extremely laid back dress code.

>> No.6858521

>>6858491
It's not just about "weird clothes" like trenchcoats or tripp pants or whatever

lolita is not just clothing to them

To your teachers and students, you are wearing a full-fledged, fluffy ass costume

>> No.6858522

>>6858515
The real world does have rules, that anon is an idiot. The only difference is, you break the rules you lose your job or in some cases end up in jail. Also, I like how you didn't acknowledge the other main point of my post, that all you're doing by forcing people to change is condoning the behavior of the "distracted" parties.

>> No.6858525

>>6858521
Well, they should be taught that if they don't like it, they should ignore it. Just like in society.

>> No.6858528

>>6858522
I liked how you ignored my point, which is that school is not SIMULATING the real world--it's preparing you for it. There is a big difference.

Most schools have rules in their dress code against clothing which is distracting or disrupting. Why shouldn't they enforce their rules just because you think special snowflake kids should get to flaunt them?

>> No.6858529

The people in this thread defending the notion of banning distracting clothing in classrooms remind me of the annoying moms at PTA meetings who think all kids should be babied and under complete adult control.

>> No.6858531

>>6858525
No, they shouldn't. You should learn that as a subordinate, you need to follow their policies

They are there to educate you. It's not their responsibility to know every single goddamn niche Japanese fashion that exists. It is your responsibility to show up, sit down, learn, and follow the rules, and that's it

>> No.6858535
File: 397 KB, 960x1280, 1283124501457.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6858508
So is this where the misunderstanding comes from? Because I consider pic related a) lolita and b) perfectly acceptable for school. It's an unconventional outfit for a schoolkid but nobody could mistake this for a costume or 'crazy clothing'.

What kind of outfit is everyone else imagining, here? Because I agree that super OTT poofy candlefloss split wig stuffed animal purses and gigantic bonnets are a bit much for a school environment.

>> No.6858537

>>6858529
>asking students not to wear clothing perceived as costumes means you want them to be under complete adult control

Oh lord, anon, stop. I can't handle this much "I'm not like, 10 years old!!! I should be able to express my FIRST AMENDMENT rights to wear whatever I want! I'm creative!! I'm not like other girls!" vibe in one day

>> No.6858544

>>6858528
Yes, there's a difference between simulating and preparing, but that is a huge way they should be prepared. To ignore shit that has no affect on them instead of getting it in their head that that person is the problem and needs to change, as opposed to their behavior.... again, you have not said anything regarding this point, which I made previously.

>Most schools have rules in their dress code against clothing which is distracting or disrupting. Why shouldn't they enforce their rules just because you think special snowflake kids should get to flaunt them?

Most public schools in the US (or at least in NE) don't give two shit what you wear if it's not revealing or profane. If they do, then they should change their policy, because it's stupid.

>> No.6858553

>>6858537
That's actually way less annoying that the "EVERYONE SHOULD CONFORM BECAUSE IT'S SCHOOL AND GOD FORBID THEY ATTEMPT TO FIND THEIR OWN SENSE OF STYLE BECAUSE THEIR PEERS WILL BE DISTRACTED FROM THEIR EDUMACATIONS" bullshit in this thread.

>> No.6858555

>>6858531
You're just getting stupider and stupider with each reply. I'm out now.

>> No.6858562

>>6858544
Yes, there's a difference between stimulating and preparing your anus, but that is a huge way their anus should be prepared. To ignore shit that has no affect on them instead of getting it in their head that that penis is the problem and needs to be in your ass, as opposed to your vagina.... again, you have not said anything regarding this point, which I made previously.

>Most brothels have rules in their dress code against clothing which is modest. Why shouldn't they enforce their rules just because you think special snowflake whores should get to flaunt them?

Most public vhorehouses in the US (or at least in NE) don't give two shit what you wear if it's not too gay. If they do, then they should change their policy, because I'm a faggot.

>> No.6858563

>>6858486
the classrooms in my school only had windows that faced the outside world. And the doors only had these very small windows so you could see who was entering a room.

>> No.6858564

>>6858544
So let's get this straight. School is supposed to prepare you for the real world, which has rules--many of which are silly, pointless, or dumb, but you need to follow them anyway because that's what you do as an adult.

Except of course, when -YOU- don't like the rule being enforced... then it should be changed instead of enforced? How do you think that would go over in the real world? "Eh, I don't like this law, it's dumb. I won't follow it." or "Oh hey boss, I know it's against office policy to show up in anything less than business casual, but I think that's dumb, so I decided to wear a pirate costume instead!"

>> No.6858565

>>6858471
Well considering my master's program focuses more on applying skills in the classroom so you can get employment instead of aiming for a PhD, I think I'll be ok wearing it once or twice in the two years I'll be there.

>> No.6858566

>>6858553
THOSE CONFORMISTS, AM I RIGHT? You're so much cooler than those conformists who all wear Abercrombie & Fitch and have blonde hair!!

>> No.6858583

>>6858544
>Most public schools in the US (or at least in NE) don't give two shit what you wear if it's not revealing or profane.

You shouldn't say that "Most schools" do/don't do anything without the receipts to back it up. Google disruptive dress codes, distracting dress codes, etc. There are many schools that have a policy which covers clothing that may be deemed disruptive. And many of them who have a "basically anything we deem disruptive/inappropriate may be changed." Does it suck sometimes? Sure. Is it within their rights? Yep.

Also lol. The real world is riddled with rules and polices you need to follow, so why all of the sudden you think that a school--which after all, as you said, was supposed to prepare you for the real world--shouldn't enforce the rules that it has? I thought you were on your "you shouldn't ask someone wearing distracting clothes to change, because in the REAL WORLD you'd have to deal with them!" crusade? Classic.

>> No.6858688

This whole argument about what is and what is not ~acceptable~ in schools just made me glad that I went to a school with a strict uniform.