[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 33 KB, 450x319, can-stock-photo_csp8875748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6832584 No.6832584 [Reply] [Original]

Everyone knows that meets, photoshoots etc are a big part in Lolita fashion. I was wondering how many Lolitas is out there that don't attend meets but still wear Lolita clothes on a daily basis (Im thinking about wearing it every time you go out etc not only occasionaly).
How many of you stopped wearing it shortly after you stopped going to meets?

I do wear only Lolita and I dont have any "normal" clothes and I think that I will be Lolita for a very long time, but I've been wondering recently if I will stop being interested in Lolita fashion if I stop going to meets or not.

What are your thoughts?

>> No.6832615

If you lose interest in Lolita because you're not surrounded by others wearing it, you can't like it very much in the first place.

>> No.6832631

>>6832615
Agreed.
I don't wear lolita, but I wear Jfashion and I do because it's fun and I like it.
I've never even met anyone in real life who dresses like me but I know I'll be dressing like this for a very long time.

>> No.6832632

>wearing lolita daily
>to the store, to the gas station, to any number of weird places to be so dressed up, alone
Yeah no lol. I have a huge and perfect comm and the only ones of us who exclusively wear lolita in our daily lives are considered kind of attention-whorey and odd.

>> No.6832635

I would wear it more if it wasn't so damn hot

>> No.6832639

OP here. I'm not saying I wear it only for meets etc. I asked because I was wondering if this happens to people who stop attending meets.

>> No.6832696

>>6832635
Ugh, tell me about it. Today was the first truly hot day of summer here, and according to the forecast we're on an elevator straight to hell. I can't even think about my lolita stuff right now.

>> No.6832709

I wear it pretty much daily unless I'm going to be going to babysit my niece and nephew or if I'm bumming around the house, because I really couldn't be bothered.

I imagine that when I have kids of my own, I'll either take to wearing things really toned down or much less frequently until they're a bit older. There's nothing quite like helping a two-year-old boy onto the toilet and getting whizzed on by accident because he couldn't hold it any more. I'd rather spare my lolita clothes those stains.

>> No.6832710

I don't go to meetups a lot, but definitely wear lolita a lot, for everyday things. I have a lolita classmate, so it's definitely more fun to be able have someone understand the things we talk about, but I think I would wear it anyway.

>> No.6832795

The nearest comm to me is two hours away and being a parent, student and having a job, I don't have time for meets but I wear lolita, usually toned down, most days. Even if it's just a plain jsk, petticoat and cardigan.

I'm attending my first meet in a few weeks after wearing lolita for two years.

I'd probably wear it just as much if not more if I was in a comm and attended meets as I would have friends to dress up with and would probably up the ante with my co-ords, too.

>> No.6832808

>>6832795
Hopefully not offending you, but how old are you?

I know there are lolitas in their late 20s, but if you're old enough to be a parent, perhaps you're too old to consider yourself a lolita.

>> No.6832812

you have to turn in your frills at 30 folks

>> No.6832820

I either wear lolita or fairy-kei/pop-kei on a daily basis. Though, I wear classic and gothic lolita more. I don't really like going to meets, because we always do the same boring stuff, lets get tea or do feminine things or go to the museum. I mean, I went for a year, but the next year was the same thing again on basically the same days. And whenever someone tries to host a fun meetup only their friends usually attend because my comm has something going on once a month. It would be great if I didn't do it all last year...

>> No.6832826

>>6832812
Not if you dont look 30, but hopefully not being sweet lolita anymore. that's a bit disturbing.

>> No.6832831
File: 251 KB, 710x503, novice_design_01[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

at 30 you have to be mature and wear this

>> No.6832841

>>6832808
what.a.bitch
I'll bet you're underage. A lot of the efamous lolitas are mid-twenties.

>> No.6832852

>>6832826
I always thought lolis should move from EGL to EGA when they get older...

>> No.6832863

>>6832841
I'm 25 and been into lolita for about 7 years now. I just dont think grown women in their 30's should be wearing sweet, but eh.

>> No.6832870

>>6832584

I wore lolita all the time before I started going to meets. Now I never wear it unless it's to a meet, and I don't attend too many of them anymore. So for me it was the opposite.

>> No.6832872

>>6832852
I kind of agree with this too. Of course, you can do what you want when you want. But I think you have to acknowledge as you get older that, even if you're naturally attractive, you're going to look even more out of place in sweet lolita than you did when you were young. If you're still determined to do so, fine, but aesthetically it might not be ideal.

>> No.6832873

I think that anyone at any age should wear whatever the hell they want to.

If they have the confidence and it makes them happy, go for it!!!

it's easy for a 20 year old to say but just because you grow older doesn't mean you have to become some old boring fart

and i'm 23 btw

>> No.6832874

>>6832826
>>6832852
>>6832863
I'll wear whatever I want, whenever I want. As long as I still like it, I'll wear it. Come at me, loli-chans.

>> No.6832882

Misako is 29. Someone better go tell that bitch to knock it off and move on to aristocrat already, the crazy old hag.

>> No.6832880

I do. It's not really a problem if you don't care about having to be in a group cuz you're worried about how weird you look.

>> No.6832884

>>6832863

I'm 32 and I still wear sweet sometimes. I look 22 though so I can still get away with it. As long as you look the part then it's ok.

>> No.6832903

sweet is age play XD

>> No.6832929

>>6832882
What? How do you know that?

>> No.6832941

35 year old and still wearing sweet. I don't believe in buying dresses I don't love. I do tone it down a whole lot, though, I avoid OTT sweet entirely and have been tagged as "classic lolita" or even "morigirl" in photos.

And to answer OP's question, the meetups are pretty far away from me, I don't go often since they sometimes clash with other things I do. The rest of the time I wear my lolita dresses, sometimes in non-lolita ways if it looks okay (JetJ and moitie dresses seem good for this), with a petticoat if it looks like it needs one, with/without a blouse/bolero depending on the weather, and so on. Since it's just my daily life no one bothers me about how many lolita rules I'm breaking or whether I'm "allowed" to say it's lolita or how I have to brush my hair and do makeup if I'm just running to the grocer's, etc. Important part is the lolita stuff I buy do get worn daily, which makes them worth the price I paid for them (I don't do meetup-only dresses)

>> No.6832977

>>6832873
Wait til you hit 27 like me and you'll change your tune about 'omg do what you want.,'

>> No.6832987

>>6832977
You sound like you'd submit yourself to What Not To Wear because you're afraid of wearing long hair after 30

>> No.6833004

>>6832987
Nope. I just dont wear pastel dresses with cookies and merry go rounds on them.

>> No.6833008

>>6832977
>I am older and wiser, okay?

>> No.6833013

>>6832977
>>6833004
Good for you? Is that some excuse to pass judgment on others for what they wear?

>> No.6833158
File: 606 KB, 440x237, if it makes you happy do it.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6832874
>>6832884

>> No.6833172

>>6833158
Favorite gif ever.

>> No.6833209

>>6833158
Love this. I turned 27 this year and have been doing Lolita/j-fashion for quite a while. I've never really worn very sweet stuff so my wardrobe is easily accommodating to toning down my outfits. (With the exception of my Fruits Parlor replica from Bodyline. I loved that skirt so much I have no fucks about how played out it was. I love stripes. HNNNNG.) But I've only been to 4 meets ever since t he beginning, I just sort of see it as clothes and nothing too big of a deal. I liked the meets I went to and actually have been talked into going to a Con this year for the tea party. I just like wearing interesting/beautiful clothing so alone or in a group that's what I keep on doing.

>> No.6833226

>>6833004
That's nice.

>> No.6833260

stopped wearing lolita a lot since my school opened it gym. (free gym whoooo ) since then I where simple things that I can change out of easy, or just put on pants under.

So yeah I became /fit/ and can't work out in lolita

>> No.6833322
File: 87 KB, 422x750, tumblr_mmn2snYE4A1qkyjbso1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wear lolita everyday
>lazy to go for meetups
>don't give a shit

I wear mostly otome or casual sweet/classic and my friends are cool with it. There's a huge lolita community where I live, but their meetups are often during times when I have a lot of work, and there's too much drama.

>> No.6833349

>>6832977
Well, I'm 28 and was just asked the other day if I was 19 or 20. I was just in street close no make up or anything. I think i'm doing just fine in the age department. Also, yes I am married and no, I don't have kids.

But i've also never been a sweet lolita either. I stick mainly to toned down styles and a bit of otome i guess you can call it.

>> No.6833561

I wear it almost daily and never been to a meet before.

>> No.6833592

So much age-related butthurt itt. I personally can't wait to be in my mid twenties and have a steady ob so I can afford all that delicious burando.

>> No.6833594

>>6833592
*job

>> No.6833599

I've started wearing it more since I lost interest in my local meets. I just wear it to go on dates with my boyfriend or to go on picnics, that sort of thing. My local comm is pretty shit so I have more fun just ruffling around with my boyfriend or my lolita BFFE.

>> No.6833613

>>6832808
No offense taken.

I am twenty-six years old but still seem to pass for 19-21 in more casual clothing. I avoid pastels and kiddy prints like the plague though

>> No.6833825

I prefer to wear it alone or with a few good friends. I've been wearing it more as I've been attending fewer meets. It's easy to blend in, too. (classic-y sweet, muted colors, vintage shoes and cropped blazers make it easy, though my pastel pals blend well too)

I am easily embarrassed and our comm meets draw a lot of attention. We are often judged as a group by the loudest and worst dressed at the meet and are told we are disturbing the guests. Sometimes they disturb us as well, people behave as if we are there for their entertainment or expect us to do things (I will not open and twirl my parasol indoors or dance for you, fuck off). I accept, even expect questions and photos on the street or in the park, I know we are unusual and people are curious, but in a classy restaurant when we are trying to quietly enjoy dinner is not a good time to use flash in our faces and ask if we're some kind of fetish burlesque show.

When I'm alone, or with a few normies or lolita friends, it's like I'm just wearing regular really nice clothes. People might compliment me, but no one asks me to dance.