[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 104 KB, 585x594, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6795416 No.6795416[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Only 4 weeks to go
>what days are you attending?
>what are you cosplaying?
>any panels/events looking forward to?
>cgl meetup?
>anything specific looking to buy?
>extra

>> No.6795440

btw if anyone's entering the masq on sunday and you want craftsmanship judging...EMAIL them now to get the best times. it's kind of a shitshow right now and no one knows anything about the process for this year.

>> No.6795442

Ha. Haha. Haaaaaaaaah.

I ain't done shit.

>> No.6795453

Let's just say that my staff friends are being very, very quiet. It's a good thing for Fanime that it's a "party con"

>> No.6795473
File: 11 KB, 156x156, pusheen6.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>what days are you attending?
All days and leaving on Tuesday. My group figured it would be better to stay an extra night to just rest since the AA closes late on Monday. We're usually ending up not getting home until 3am. So we're gonna stay an extra night then leave in the morning and take a nice drive down the 101.

>>what are you cosplaying?
Got a small Hetalia group and a small Fire Emblem Awakening trio. Probably going to bring my Ragnarok Online for another small group, Jade Harley so I can use my glowing planets one last time before I retire them and Tomoe Kaburagi.

>>any panels/events looking forward to?
I really want to go to the Black and White ball.

>>cgl meetup?
Sure thing! I'm bringing some cakes and cookies and some brownies like at ALA. I hope people are okay with a rum-brandy cake with a sugar glaze.

>>anything specific looking to buy?
Charafortunes. They're my life.Aside from that? Probably a hoard of things from other artists.

>>extra
Nothing really. Ha haaa...so not ready though. Good luck everyone else!

>> No.6796288

All four days, visiting a friend who lives up in SJ so we're making it a week-longish vacation for my friends and I.

Mini xxxholic group as Yuuko, Homura from Madoka, Mari and Asuka from Eva 3.0, and Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku SS.

The ball, hentai nights, anything else that catches my eye.

>cgl meetup?
I'd love to. I'd love to bring something. I promised pudding ages back.

Something EVA definitely.

>extra
4 weeks...4 weeks...4 weeks...

>> No.6796319
File: 617 KB, 1075x735, bnn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

all four!
pic related
not really but I always find some good ones
>cgl meetup?
probably not - too scared
more waifus
>extra
I'm excited and I still have to make 2 full costumes for friends

>> No.6796322

>>6795453
wtf is going on this year? fanime has always been highly recommended and this is my first time attending....but it seems like they've dropped the ball in so many areas, so what's the deal?

>> No.6796323

>>6796322
Construction REALLY fucked things up

>> No.6796326

All weekend
Gumako (goodsmile co's mascot) and Gaige from BL2. Might do Gabumon if I have time
Maybe. Havent looked at panel listings but probably fighting game panels.
>cgl meetup?
Id be pretty down. I dont want to make something to share though due to worrying about food allergies. I kind of suck and can only make brownies/sweets. I dont want to get people sick from my food either.
Any rare figures I find in the dealers booth/swap meet, and probably plush toys.
>extra
Not ready at all. Fuck my life and everything relevant to it

>> No.6796330

>>6796322
Construction is leaving Fanime to be quite a mess so expect to go around downtown instead of staying in the convention area. I think its just lack of organization and I dont like it either, but meetings arent being too informative either. theres one in a few weeks so I can only hope shit is pulled together

>> No.6796331

All four, plus I think we're arriving for day zero and coming back on tuesday. The usual ride can't make it up on day 0 this year, so I might be the driver for my carpool from LA up! Nervous...

Secret cosplay from Shinsekai Yori, Maou from MaoYuu, Peridot and Cordelia from Cucumber quest (switching costumes with a similarly-sized friend), and prooobably Kankri from Homestuck.

I'm on one panel with two friends and helping a one of them host a gathering, so mostly those!

>cgl meetup?
Maybe hanging out on the fringes.

If anyone in the dealer's hall or AA has Shingeki no Kyojin or Psycho Pass stuff, that's a consideration. Godoka figma just arrived in the mail and I've got the Akane Tsunemori nendo on preorder, so I'll probably try to hold back in the figure deparment. @_@

>extra
I'm stopping by ALL the fruit stands on the way up.

>> No.6796336

>>6796330
yeah, i get the whole construction bit...obviously that'll cause problems. but the masq organization is like nonexistant. i'm pretty stoked about karaoke though....that seems to be well in hand. and we have what, 3 guests announced and it's 1 month til the con? honestly my shitty local con back in FL has a crapton of awesome guests announced months and months before the event. *shrug* hopefully this is just an off-year for fanime...

also since this is party con, who's got the best parties? would love to drink with some classy faggots next month.

>> No.6796338

>>6796322
More staff turnover. I can't speak for their funding but I can say for a con that has 20k attendees it's kind of disappointing to see this year's guests (last year's was kind of lacking too). I hope you're not traveling from afar by yourself. You're going to need friends, a party, or something to make it worthwhile. Hope you're a people person.

If you're local then it doesn't really matter though.

>> No.6796340

>>6796336
ouch, Florida. Long way to come for a party con. It's a bad two years if you're looking for guests to go with your partying.

>> No.6797272

>>6796338
>>6796340
oh no, i'm local now. moved to monterey last summer. i'm a bit of an oldfag, but really outgoing and looking to make some local cosplay friends. a couple of friends from FL are coming as well.

honestly i'm going more for the masq (though i'm really starting to question that now), the music guests, AA, and karaoke contest. should be a good time still i think.

>> No.6797715

>>6797272
I can safely say the masq judging at least should be the same as previous years more or less. As for the rest of it...well, they threw a new guy into a big masquerade and he's learning as he goes. As long as he can get the MC, tech crew, and cosplayers all on the same page come masq day things ought to work out.

>> No.6797763
File: 439 KB, 400x225, shake shake 1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All weekend long, baby.

Boris and Quattro Bajeena! Should be a heck of a lot of fun.

I'm going to be going to the Gundam gathering for sure but I'm not so sure about panels just yet.

>cgl meetup?
Yes, please! I always seem to miss out on it and I really want to go this time.

Art books, figures, gunpla, maybe some doujin?

When exactly is the /cgl/ meet though, if I may ask?

>> No.6797813
File: 153 KB, 500x421, 1365740995044.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797763
I would also like to know more about the /cgl/ meetup. I've never met a seagull irl ;^;

>> No.6797817
File: 976 KB, 320x244, 1293601904416.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797813
GET READY FOR SOME DISAPPOINTMENT.

>> No.6797842

>>6797813
Get ready for /fit/ faggots, asians, and bitches

>> No.6797848
File: 19 KB, 300x365, tumblr_inline_mlxhw3anSR1qz4rgp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797813
> I've never met a seagull irl ;^;
good, you should keep it that way

>> No.6797859

>>6797848
>tumblr
lel why don't you

>> No.6797880

>>6797715
ah, thank you for the reassurance on judging. nothing worse than showing up for craftsmanship and knowing more about sewing than the judges *facepalm*

polite sage

>> No.6797883
File: 222 KB, 160x160, no.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797859

>> No.6797903
File: 218 KB, 632x464, 1366871727319.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797883

>> No.6798204
File: 190 KB, 1348x402, Fanime2013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All the days.

Colonial Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians), Inga (Un-Go), Jacuzzi (Baccano!), and Maou (Hataraku Maou-Sama). Maybe Yuki from Tsuritama instead of Inga, haven't decided yet.

The Baccano! director/producer panels.

>cgl meetup?
Dunno, I'd like to go, but I might be on duty then.

Probably just gonna commission some art.

>extra
Staffing this year, so I'm a big afraid I won't have the time for fun-fun cosplay times. We'll see, still super excited.

>> No.6798232
File: 436 KB, 1312x2048, 920700_563362947018557_860425944_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6797763
>Quattro Bajeena
>Gendum meeting
I will be seeing you there my good sir.

>> No.6798244

>>6797880

Oh my god yeah, I showed up last year and the only person on the craftsmanship judging panel that knew what the fuck they were doing was fucking Wayneeka or however the hell he spells his name.

All weekend + Day 0, leaving Tuesday morning.

Aerith Gainsborough, fancy tier Tarrlok, Diamond Crevasse Sheryl Nome, Queen Elinor DunBroch, Pitch Black's Renaissance outfit, Lance Alvers from X-Men Evolution and maybe Jin Masato from Go-Busters if I can finally get around to fucking finishing his coat.

I'm waitlisted for the masquerade, so that's my main thing, but I'm specifically looking forward to trolling the fuck out of the SuperWhoLock gathering with my friend who's cosplaying Meg (we're going to show up early with black sidewalk chalk and put a big pair of wings on the ground)

>cgl meetup?
Yes please, I'll bring my grilled cheese sandwich maker if someone else brings an extension cord.

I would say 'figuarts of my Rider waifus' but I have all my Rider waifus so I don't know what else I'd get besides maybe art prints.

>extra
Motherfucker what do you mean 4 weeks left I'm gonna punch a whore I swear to god

>> No.6798248

>>6795416
All of them!
Ugh lets see:
Marlon, Matsu, Pucci (maybe), Viera Spellblade
Masquerade, Banzai Arcade (if it comes back)
>cgl meetup?
Totally!
Is it .hack or Pokemon? MINE
>extra
WOOOOO FANIME!

>> No.6798252

>>6798244
Who was that guy that was drinking gatorade out of a wine glass? Only reason I remember him was b/c I thought he was super lame

>> No.6798255 [DELETED] 
File: 1.82 MB, 300x277, 1342749143958.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6798248
>Viera

>> No.6798269
File: 106 KB, 800x400, fanime shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

all the days!

pic very much related

heading to the B&W ball with a friend since we're both missing our school proms, anything else that looks fun too!

>cgl meetup?
oooh, perhaps i'll swing by or something!

definitely keeping my eye out for those dangan ronpa keychains, maybe some EVA figures

>extra
oh god i should be sewing

>> No.6798273

>>6798255
Yes yes. Let's play the "Silly Magooma, Viera are all female" game again. Seriously though, have you ever brushed up on your lore?

>> No.6798302

>>6798252

Fairly sure that was Waynekka or however it's spelled.

>> No.6798360

>>6798244
Two of the other judges last year are professionals in the costuming industry. I think at least one is returning and I know Wayne is going to judge.

>> No.6798383

>>6798269
Oh snap, I'm planning to wear Dark Flame Master on Friday.

>> No.6798389 [DELETED] 

>>6798273
I've played many FFT games and all Viera are girls.

But hey, if you want to cosplay as a girl that's up to you.

>> No.6798403

>>6798360

It must have been the older woman in the bitch boots and the kimono with the corset over it, and the second guy, because some of the absurd shit that came out of the other woman's mouth was just mind-boggling.

Also they just sort of offhandedly talked shit to me about the other entrants' craftsmanship. I just sort of stood there and nodded because I wasn't sure what else to say to something like that, but it certainly wasn't very professional.

>> No.6798555
File: 57 KB, 850x280, fanime_plans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thursday through Monday.
Red mage Viera from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on Friday and Mima from Perfect Blue on Sunday. Saturday is a tentative Shizuka from Queen's Blade. My evening lay-around costume is a sort of gijinka Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing.
I missed a few Fanime staples last year, so I hope I don't forget this year!
>cgl meetup?
If I remember to go, sure. There's always some cool people around.
I bring gifts back every year for friends and co-workers, so I'll have to keep an eye out for anything they might like. I try to keep a tight budget and stick to the artist's alley more than the dealer's hall.
>extra
I'm so boned. Mima is maybe 70% done, but I've hardly started on Shizuka, and the red mage definitely needs some touching up before it can be reworn. I'll have to sweatshop on my days off, because I do not want to be cramming during late nights the week before the con. We'll see how that turns out...

>> No.6798593

>>6798204
>Inga (Un-Go)
>Yuki from Tsuritama
Ohboyohboyohboy

>> No.6798638

>>6798555
Please post that Mima costume after you get photos! I love that movie; awesome choice.

>> No.6798842

>>6798389
Jeez, stop it. He's right, a two-second search gave me a FF Wikia that says: "Male viera do exist, although only one has ever been depicted in any of the series, possibly because female and male viera create separate settlements and only communicate with each other when necessary." Sooooo, there we go.

>> No.6799169

>>6797813
I've gone to /cgl/ meets in the past at different cons and while it is a little awkward sometimes overall I've had fun! I would also like to know where/when /cgl/ meet is going to be!

>> No.6799176

Friday-Monday I have to be back at work Tuesday so leaving that Monday afternoon/night
Sailor Saturn, Lucy (Fairy Tail), and possibly Twilight Sparkle Gijinka
I'd really like to attend the black and white ball!
>cgl meetup?
Yes! I would attend, is there a tradition of bringing food? I see several other people mention it so I can bring something if that is the case!
Nothing in particular though I usually buy at least one tee-shirt and one plushie every con whatever strikes my fancy

>> No.6800127

Friday-Sunday
Hoping to get a group of friends to do a Dota 2 group cosplay
Hentai Music Video and the Nerd Dating was hilarious last year. I've never been to the ball in the past 7 years I've gone to this con so I may try it out this year.
>cgl meetup?
Maybe, I wouldn't know who to talk to.
Not really, probably some nice artwork for my room but that's it.

>> No.6802520

A friend and I are thinking of entering the masq as craftsmanship entries (obviously it's a bit late, and we'll be waitlisted, but still). Any advice or inside tips? I'm hella nervous just thinking about it

>> No.6802533

>>6795440
Thank you for this, I got my appointment.

>> No.6802555

thurs-mon
final plans still a bit up in the air...scarlet claw on sunday for sure. probably capt. marvelous. maybe audrey burne if i have time to make it after this work trip.
karaoke contest, masq, toku meetup. and does anyone know when the gundam meetup is?
>cgl meetup?
count me in if there is one!
AA shit from reapersun.
>extra
pretty fuckin excited since this is my first fanime. definitely hitting psycho donuts at some point during the weekend. any other recommended food places downtown?

>> No.6803352

>>6802520

Well usually about ten or so people drop out during con/before the masq, so even if you're waitlisted there's a fairly decent chance that you'll make it in. I was waitlisted and the guy running the whole shebang emailed me the other day saying I'd been moved up to a full entry, so you might even get in before con.

If you do craftsmanship though, you wanna get in fast because people are probably snagging the good spots left and right. I took the latest spot on the day of so I don't have to walk around in a heavy velvet evening gown all day. Shit's gonna be tiring as hell.

>> No.6803418

I'll be bringing my slenderman and a secondary outfit of just a late 1800's guy to go with the ever so vague 'gothic' theme.

>> No.6803461
File: 558 KB, 1280x800, Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 9.09.12 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thursday - Sunday assuming I finish my costumes in time
Shii Arisugawa (Shunya Yamashita)
Starfire (New 52)
Supergirl (Maaaybe)
Bleez (Red Lanterns)

Not really. Just looking forward to meeting people, it's my first big Norcal convention.

>cgl meetup?
Yeah!

Nah, I dont really buy things at conventions anymore unless its rare/exclusive. 99% of the time you can find it cheaper online.
>extra
Not a single costume is working in my favor so far. As always.

>> No.6803748
File: 20 KB, 522x399, 1256506341737.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I only have cosplays done for 2 days, could I still go to the meetup if it's on the day I'm just wearing normal clothes? I'll still bring snacks.

>> No.6803759

everyone wants me to cosplay all the things on sunday. and nothing any other day of the con.

>> No.6803780

>>6803759
How weird...

>> No.6803807
File: 66 KB, 600x600, 1366866290803.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Friday-Sunday

Killing Floor, Dark Souls, JonTron

Yeah Baccano/DRRR/Kuraghime director/producers panel and a few others

>cgl meetup?
Fuck no, that shit's for nerdz

Figures and wallscrolls

>extra
I am so fucked

>> No.6803969

>>6803780
usually saturday's the busy day, but nope, sunday this year for some reason so I guess I'll just go closet diving and wear some stuff that never got much wear time in the past for the rest of the con.

>> No.6804108

>>6803969
Sounds like a plan~

>> No.6809051

all of em, including day 0
If things go my way, Ice King.
Doing the comedy club again. I may check out some other comedy panels too.
>cgl meetup?
Indeed. This reminds me, I will put up a facebook group in the next couple days. It will be at the traditional time of 9pm on friday, but I gotta figure out where the construction actually is so we can figure out where to hold it.
Nah, unless they have any of the Bandai Tamishii nations godzilla line for cheap.
>extra
Lesssgoo

Btw, to all the newbies for cgl meetups: everyone is very cool and friendly, but many of the anons/tripfags already know each other and end up chatting. Please do not be scared to come up and say hi. Theres always room for one more in the circle jerk.
>>6797848
oh anon, you so tsun tsun
>>6796336
This can be arranged.

>> No.6810087

bamp bc 3 weeks

>> No.6810245

>>6796322
Definitely the construction screwing a lot of things up, thank god it'll be done by next year. This is my forth year going so I don't mind to much, I always find something to do. And I think its been lacking because unlike some other cons its run by volunteers and not the industry so it could be harder to get big name guests and such.
Momoi was there my first two years(not last year?) and I loved it. I loved the Maid Cafe to but I heard from a friend that a lot of drama happened in it last year with one of the people who ran it so not sure how this year will turn out for the maids.

>> No.6810259

>>6810087
The closer it gets, the more disappointing the guest list looks
There are 6 guests, and this includes the English speakers. And one is local.

>> No.6810357
File: 2.11 MB, 600x337, cb91cd54166ab4bdae71dbb96eb6c5d6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fri-Mon
Lucy Heartfilia, Bulma, and Powergirl
I'm playing it by ear
>cgl meetup?
GRABASS
Dragonballs
>extra
So happy I decided to get my own room this year , I love being around my friends but it is nice to come back to your own room and just crash.

>> No.6810784 [DELETED] 

Bump

>> No.6812583

thurs-mon, but only checking into the hotel thursday and heading up to san fran to take my friend who's traveling in from Missouri sightseeing.
Sachi from Sword Art Online, taking it easy with one cosplay this year so I can really enjoy the con.
masquerade and BWball as always, then I just wonder around and see if anything catches my eye.
>cgl meetup?
probably not.
Whatever interests me, maybe some new wall scrolls.
>extra
really happy I'm just rooming with my boyfriend this year, I love being around my friends but by the end of the weekend I want to murder everyone. Need my quiet down time at the end of the day.

>> No.6813103
File: 127 KB, 1278x720, WP_20130503_001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6803418
Image related.

>> No.6813550

>>6802555
>gundam meeting
>Fanime thread: Gundam Universe Gathering 2013:
Day: Sunday
Time: 1pm
MP/L: G9

>> No.6814028
File: 75 KB, 935x722, 931301_10151657722402502_1736514866_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm totally doing this

>> No.6814031
File: 40 KB, 521x666, 435fdfgd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6813103
Image related.

>> No.6814037

>>6814028
Since when does the westboro baptist church go to fanime?

>> No.6814058
File: 816 KB, 2592x1944, IMG_20120526_121535.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6814037
Don't think it's the WBC folks, but these guys show up every year.

You can see beside him, someone with their own fake signs, he seemed to take it in stride.

>>6814031
And? I know I'm overweight. *shrug*

>> No.6814681

>>6814058
I never understood WHY these people come to anime/comic conventions to protest. Like out of all the events going on, some how they always land on anime conventions. WHY?

>> No.6814704

>>6814681
Large amount of people gathered in one spot = attention

>> No.6814723

>>6814681
Somehow, these people think that by pissing people off, they are going to convert to Christianity.
Even as a Christian, I find this method ineffective and aggravating. The least I think they could do is do it in a less aggravating manner and go around and actually talk to people face-to-face, if they absolutely must have a presence there.

>> No.6814815

>>6814681
They also hope that an unstable nerd heathen will attack them so that they can gain pity from the normies and/or sue.

>> No.6814821

>>6814815
Why does everyone now think that every christian in public is the westboro baptist church? Stop being stupid.

>> No.6814829

>>6814815
>>6814821
See >>>6814723

>> No.6815642

>>6814058
>And? I know I'm overweight. *shrug*
You mean fat, fatty pig fatty.

>> No.6818411

The event for the meetup is go.

>> No.6818417
File: 5 KB, 758x656, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6818411
Why spam filter.

>> No.6821024

sac anime has better guests than fanimecon. what happen?

>> No.6821049

>>6821024
Fanime be riding on their coattails of earlier years.

>> No.6821116

>>6821024
becuas chase wang xDD

>> No.6821123

>>6795453
It is also the con to get laid with random people who happen to be on staff.

>> No.6821126

>>6821116
what is a chase wang?

>> No.6821158

>>6821116
LOL, Chase Wang has his tentacles in SacAnime now?

>> No.6821681
File: 144 KB, 900x1205, 1339022581050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i took this pic on the way to fanime last year. i'm ready to do it all over again as sakura

>> No.6821703

>>6821681
Go to bed Felipe.

>> No.6821713
File: 102 KB, 403x293, 1365187530355.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6821116
>Chase Wang

That slimy motherfucker used to spam me with emails promising free box sets and concert tickets if I put up ads for his stupid shit on my site. I finally caved and he never even responded.

>> No.6822031

>>6821123
>You will never attend Fanime
>Lives in So Cal
>sadfrog.jpg

>> No.6822055

>>6822031

I live in Socal and I'm going to Fanime though...?

>> No.6822494

>>6821681
so damn ugly.

you are better off dressing normal autism.

>> No.6822541
File: 68 KB, 638x960, ohgodno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Party costumes only mode engaged.

If you see me, I'll be drunk and you should say hello.

>> No.6822567

>>6803807
>JonTron
How do you cosplay a fat singing 22(?)-year old manchild with a pet bird and a raging boner for Egoraptor?

>> No.6822744

>>6822567
You pretty much described me

>> No.6823544

>>6818411
will try to make it...depends on if i make the second round of karaoke or not.

>> No.6825735

>attending all days
>leaving mon
>cosplaying aoi asahina and possibly morgiana too

just wondering, you guys think I could pull off that dress in about a week? I have a bunch of other stuff to do so I'm skeptical, probably gonna save it for Summit Festival

>> No.6825919

all of them
Bilbo Baggins, Tony Stark, The Master, Crowley(supernatural)
No
>cgl meetup?
No
No
>extra
I am going just to get fucked up and wear a costume

>> No.6825932

>>6821681
fucking hell. this is obviously a troll. This is that trnsgended communist person who is always like bashing things. look up Ahuviya Harel on ED

>> No.6825995

>>6822031
you could take megabus for $30 each way if you're near LA

>> No.6826003

>>6822031
Bitch, put your big girl pants on. I live in SoCal and I go. You can too.

>> No.6826477

>tfw I have nothing. Im just gonna be a 'normal' person ;_;

>> No.6826508

FYI here's a list of the photographers that are attending: http://cosplayphotographers.net/event/79/

Some really decent people on there

>> No.6826652
File: 85 KB, 720x673, 1339028956870.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hi guys self postin my pic of the cosplay ill be wearing for fanime. hope to see you guys there say hi if you recognize me. i wanna meet new people

>> No.6826658

>>6826652
xDDDD

>> No.6827398

>>6818417
I really wanted to meet up but then I realized you're all faggots.
Atleast you know how to have fun right?

>> No.6827400

>>6826652
I'm ashamed that I have the same milk as him.
>dollar store milk

>> No.6827557

Fri-Mon
Deadpool, France from Hetalia, The Shadow: Amnesia the Dark Descent, Gaara
Black and White Ball
>cgl meetup?
Totally up!
Possibly, doing commissions in the Artist Alley for a bulk of the time.
>extra
ohshitIhavesomuchworktodo

>> No.6827591

>>6827398
Come be a faggot with us anon-kun~

>> No.6827627
File: 743 KB, 972x400, 1363779136893.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fri-Mon
Pic related
I'm helping run about six panels, and I might check out the masq as well
>cgl meetup?
Possibly!
Not really, I'm an impulse buyer

>> No.6827661

Why are you degenerates cosplaying non anime in an anime convention.
I'm already very angry at how fanime has an "halariously terrible j music" pannel and a "awesome k pop" pannel. Its like you all hate japan.

>> No.6827683

Thurs-Mon. Werk.
A lot of JoJo (Jonathan Joestar, Noriaki Kakyoin, Narancia Ghirga, Johnny Joestar) and maaaaaaybe a hamsteak? And bringing a lolita dress or two.
karaoke room
>cgl meetup?
if I'm not otherwise busy
JoJo stuff I don't have, Attack on Titan or Dorohedoro
>extra
I'm so far behind that it's crying time.

>> No.6827684

>>6827683
shit, forgot I'm also probably going to be helping on the wig panel. welp.

>> No.6827744
File: 76 KB, 181x249, huhuhu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

See you fuckers there.

>> No.6827819 [DELETED] 
File: 62 KB, 480x640, magumabeads.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just tested my anal beads for what i'll be using every night at con after a few booze. See you faggots there.

>> No.6827992

>>6826508
I recognize darkain on there, but not familiar with most because i'm new to the west coast scene. can anyone give a breakdown of who's good?

>> No.6828152

I am sad that I can't be with everyone at Fanime, but I'll be with you all in spirit and I hope to see you most of you at AX.

>> No.6828235

2 weeks. Is everyone excited?

>> No.6828248

>>6828235
I'm Excitebike, yo. Not as much as years past though.

>>6827744
It's gonna be da bes.

>> No.6828258
File: 984 KB, 500x262, magikarp yea.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh gosh two weeks... I'm so excited! I just hope my hand is mostly healed up by then so I don't have to worry about being too uncomfortable.

I can't wait to see you guys!

>> No.6828311

>>6827992
>>6826508
Just click in their names. It'll take you to their galleries and external links like deviantart and such.
I think Darkain and Fiverings are pretty great though.

>> No.6828755

>>6798269
Holy shit. I'm doing Panty on Saturday and Junko Enoshima on Sunday. Love me, anon.

>> No.6828760

>FUCKING ALL OF THEM
>MY PRETTY ASS SELF
>NO
>FUCK NO
>SOME ANIME PORN
>THE PRETTY BOYS ARE BACK

>> No.6828773
File: 118 KB, 541x960, doyouwanttowakethedragon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Slowly stocking up for Artist Alley. Mosto f my stuff is kinda generic for fandoms. The only off the mark stuff I have being Fate/Zero command seals and earrings of Clara from Kuragehime. If there's something special you guys want to see laser cut let me know.

>> No.6829680 [DELETED] 
File: 52 KB, 664x396, bigwesnude.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

big wes wakin up after being passed out drunk at some house party

>> No.6829823
File: 269 KB, 1017x517, ss (2013-05-10 at 02.27.41).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pretty solid music guest. It's not momoi, but they have done some pretty good songs. Growing up I went to a lot of punk concerts so I guess I'm a little more excited than most.

>> No.6829886
File: 115 KB, 246x238, pikachu needs some giggle water.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Attending all God damned weekend. Getting drunk, doing cosplay podcast shenanigans, representing other cons, being ewgew kaway with everyone at the meet up, and giving Kyle at the hotel's front desk yet another shining review.

As for cosplay, I have no idea since the studio has us making something like a zillion other costumes, which leaves no time to dick around with polystyrene for personal props. A bloo bloo bloo.

>> No.6830240

>>6829886
Whats the podcast?

>> No.6830386

>>6829823
A J-punk band that reps SRH! You have just changed my life anon.

>> No.6830457

>>6830240
The CosCast from Nerd Reactor. We've only got about 50-ish episodes out, but this is the first time that I'm dragging the western nerd culture dudes to an anime con. It's a blessing that it's Fanime.

>> No.6834903
File: 141 KB, 1154x669, Fanime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All weekend, Friday through Monday
pic related
Just excited to cosplay and party hard
>cgl meetup?
nah
We'll see, I'm not much of a swag person. I usually just cover my lanyard in buttons
>extra
I am so fucking excited

>> No.6836048

Bumping because I leave in nine and a half days and I'm only finished with one costume

>> No.6836880

>>6836048
One costume out of how many??

>> No.6836911
File: 50 KB, 518x338, 1KFEELS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6836048
I want to say wtf are you doing with yourself anon but I have 4 incomplete costumes laying around my apartment and 10 days to finish them.

>> No.6837200

Ill go to the panels that my friends will get me into so that i dont have to pay.

>> No.6837225

>>6836911
I feel your pain. I have 5 things to fix up/finish and two of them aren't even for me. Thank god most of this is fix ups and just one costume to finish.

>> No.6837271
File: 172 KB, 650x250, New Canvas.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6798204
I'll be with you at the Baccano! panel for sure.
>>6798555
Me and my friends are having an Animal Crossing group (of like 10-15 people I believe) in the afternoon on Friday if you'd like to join us.
>>6803748
Wear a wig? Haha
>>6803759
To make you feel better, the gathering list is all fucked up this year. Motherfucking Touhou, Madoka and Adventure Time all same time...
>>6822541
I'll flirt with you so hard

Fri-Sun because that's all I can afford.
pic related
I love Fanime's masqu, so hopefully I'll be able to stay long enough to see; need to see panels to start making my list
>cgl meetup?
Came in late last year and laughed my ass off. Yes please.
Waifus and a new messanger bag~
>extra
I have all my cosplay done besides some small things, so I'm more worried about trying to find people to hotel room share. I'll post something in forums if we can't find among friends.
Let's just hope no car parts get stolen this year.

>> No.6837288
File: 51 KB, 250x150, 1365443875452.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6837271
Also, excited as shit since I haven't been to con since PMX 2012.

>> No.6837296
File: 2.37 MB, 320x240, 1341516288310.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am going last minute, anyone else staying at the Holiday Inn? I was super hyped when my roommate said he snagged a room, but then I looked at online reviews and got kinda scared..

>> No.6837312

>>6825735
It depends on your skill and timing abilities. I've been able to pull off something well within 24 hours before the con, but I really had a vision of how it was going to work.

Just try your hardest and get started if you have the time, and then if you don't, don't rush and save it for another event.

>> No.6838040
File: 266 KB, 1200x1200, IMG_2318.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

F-M
Chell-Portal
Veronica-Franken Fran
Louise-Bob's Burgers
Little Sister-Bioshock 2
Marceline-Adventure Time (Maybe. Kinda don't feel like it)
Buttercup-Power Puff Girls (Might not. Don't feel like it)
No clue
>cgl meetup?
nope.
GLOOMY
>extra
Butts

>> No.6838055

>>6837271
Oooo~ When are you wearing Politoad? I'm trying to find some water Pokemon to do a photoshoot with since I'm bringing Marlon

>> No.6838120
File: 194 KB, 600x649, fanime2013plans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll be there Thursday-Monday
See pic
We'll see.
>cgl meetup?
No, I'm terrified of you guys.
Jojo Merchandise
>extra
This con for me is Jojocon.

>> No.6838135

>>6837296
it'll be fine
most people don't bother to leave reviews unless something wrong happens. some people do like to leave good reviews but mainly those with uneventful stays go unmentioned

>> No.6838895
File: 291 KB, 797x456, val.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

all dah days
Gria Hunter (FFTA2) Genderbent Valentine (SG) and Nano (Nichijou)
nah
>cgl meetup?
possibly
Devilman posters from that vintage booth guy
>extra
Butts.

>> No.6838964

How did it work out that registration is at the fairmont? I guess it isn't that bad, but that's a fairly narrow street I can imagine it getting clogged quickly by congoers.

Who has done artist alley here before? It's unclear if we're allowed to set up on Thursday.

>> No.6839377
File: 189 KB, 593x225, fanimu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what days are you attending?
>friday saturday sunday

what are you cosplaying?
>akari akaza, maid version kuroneko, homura akemi

any panels/events looking forward to?
>I don't know what's going on
cgl meetup?
>eh... maybe

anything specific looking to buy?
>Gonna have to save money for ax and sdcc..

>> No.6840839

Am I doing this right?
http://imgur.com/g6seCf9

>> No.6840864

>>6838055
Politoad is on Saturday pretty much in the morning/afternoon and the gathering. I gotta friend cosplaying as Froakie as well and were kinda grouping together, but I would be more then happy to join in your water photoshoot. I wish the fountain was still there haha; that would've been a cool spot.

>> No.6842424

>>6838120
…Sorely tempted to wear Yuki on Sunday now.

>> No.6842554

>>6842424
Wow I fail, I meant Thursday/Monday for Haru. If you do end up doing Yuki it'd be cool to meet up!

>> No.6842584
File: 279 KB, 796x400, COSPLAYISSRSS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

One of these things is not like the others

>> No.6842623
File: 43 KB, 200x300, Asakura_Takeshi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

day 0 to monday
iori yagami (KOF XIII)

Rohan Kishibe (JJBA)

Snake guy/ Asakura Takashi (DESETSU NO/ KR Ryuki)
not sure yet, might be busy with friends and shoots
>cgl meetup?

YEEEEUP; probley gonna be derping next to Maguma
cardfight vanguard, kyoryuger, or jojo related things, yes?
>extra
WINE AND CHEESE PARTY

>> No.6842629

>>6842584
One of those things better get finished.

>> No.6842635

>>6842629
NO STOP YOU'RE NOT MY MOM

>> No.6842645

>>6840864
I agree D: That'd be super cool if the fountain weren't gone... I've gotten tons of photos in that thing. Come back fountain!

Anywho, Saturday works for me~ Would either of your friends have objections to hitting up a pool?

>> No.6842687

>>6842623
Asakura....yes, this pleases me.

>> No.6842769

>>6842645
You know there are other fountains right? I'm not just talking about the ones in CCP

Pools would also be a good idea

>> No.6842813

Do any of the hotels have jacuzzis?

>> No.6842854

>>6797842
oh cool, /fit/ bros thats cool
maybe we can suck each other's dicks for a quick pump no homo of course
s-so who's down?

>> No.6843046

>>6842769
There are tons of other water related spots, like the stream in the park too. Lots of options~ Just gotta find em all, like a treasure hunt!

>>6842813
Pretty sure they all do. The Marriott I believe has an indoor pool as well.

>> No.6843330

>>6842645
Yeah the fountains were my favorite spot pretty much. Even if my cosplay wasn't water-related. They were just too cool...
I believe not.
Also, let the treasure for water spot begin. If anything, I'm rooming at the Hilton, so we could just use the hell out of that place haha.

>> No.6843332

>>6843330
Works for me! Anyplace that has water~

>> No.6843354

>>6842813
The Marriott has a pool and jaccuzzi. What hotel are you staying at?

>> No.6843412
File: 252 KB, 500x381, tumblr_lxpa0erQUM1rn95v2o1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>fanime gets rookiez is punk'd
>won't be able to attend fanime this year

im praying to allah that the rest of the con sucks.

>> No.6843692

One week. Are you pumped, /cgl/?

>> No.6843710

Friday-Sat
Hottest girl at the con
Being my AA friends' food bitch, scoping cute dudez
>cgl meetup?
I dunno, will anyone be dtf?
The love of the masses
>extra
Talk to me only if you are cute

No but to be honest this is great it's like the first time in years I haven't had to worry about shit for Fanime. It's gonna be a nice, relaxed con.

>> No.6843735
File: 45 KB, 330x314, 20740886.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6843692

>> No.6843740

>>6843692
Oh gosh I am not ready at all yet. I don't know if I can finish any of my stuff in time.

>> No.6843805
File: 19 KB, 400x400, Maguma Syrup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6843710
>cgl meetup?
>I dunno, will anyone be dtf?
I'll give you all the love you need tim. All of it. I'll even bring the Chocolate Syrup.

>>6843332
Trying to finish a costume so I can test run it at con, but everything else is ready to go! Almost finished packing~ LET IT BEGIN!

>> No.6843822

>>6843805
WOW SAUCY~

>> No.6843825

>>6843822
Call me ;D

>> No.6843833
File: 74 KB, 732x788, DammitDP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

After some deliberation I am going! It is only a four hour drive and I will get a chance to see my older brother so whatevs!

Sat and Sun
jack all
I have no idea what panels are even going on... I enjoy cosplay stuff though.
>cgl meetup?
Sure if I knew when it was/where
a bag of dicks
>extra
a bag of dicks.

>> No.6843847

Reminder:

CGL GATHERING FRIDAY 9 PM. Location still TBD

>> No.6843973
File: 28 KB, 375x211, ALL MY CREYS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6843847
... Oh. I won't make it after all. Maybe next time.

>> No.6844118

>>6843046
Check out the fountains in front of the center for the performing arts, one of the gatherings is gonna be there

There is also a circular fountain next to mortons steak house, scott's seafood and the university of San Francisco

>> No.6844123

>>6843412
I'm praying to madoka you hang yourself

>> No.6844358
File: 35 KB, 441x588, 971439_10201198410466728_1935268863_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I went last minute shopping at Fabric R' Us today and all the fabrics are 20% until Sunday! Thought id share for anyone who live close or in San Jose.

>> No.6844542

>>6814028
Hmmm. I have a friend shirt I won from a raffle during one of the movie screenings. This will be fun.

>> No.6844558

>>6843354
The Marriot.
>>6843046
Oh nice, I'm kinda anxious to chill inebriated in the water.

>> No.6844875

>>6843847
Location was determined already. We're meeting out in front to say our last good byes to whats left of the fountain.

>> No.6844885

>>6844558
Youre 6'6 you faggot, if you drown I'm going to laugh my ass off all the way to cali to attend the funeral.

>> No.6844904

>>6844885
How the fuck will I drown

>> No.6844918
File: 272 KB, 900x1350, 1368708920808.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6844885
smoker pls go
>>6844904
by being a faggot

>> No.6844924
File: 532 KB, 1205x302, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thursday through Monday

Pic related

Comedy Club, Speed Dating, Nerd Comedy

>cgl meetup?
Yep

Not really

>extra
First year hosting a panel. Meanwhile I'll be running the SMT Gathering as per tradition.

>> No.6845052

>>6844924
I can't wait to hear your funny joaks at the comedy club

>> No.6846695
File: 94 KB, 720x960, 13487_10201205225277094_772812883_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Almost done with my Mikasa cosplay! Just gotta deal with lots of belts and that weird 3D gear fffff.

>> No.6846726

>>6825995
>megabus
Hooooly shit, thank you for showing me this shit, now I can go to AX for just 60$ instead of 200+.

>> No.6846737

>>6795416
Honestly, I just want a schedule to be released. I feel like in past years the schedules for panels and whatever came out way before a week prior to con, or is my memory just fucking with me?

Anyway, my two cosplays are mostly done. I have a few things to add left, but there's a part of me that wants to complete a quick third and maybe just buy the wig at the con... sigh.

>> No.6846785

>>6846737
Nope, usually it's just a week.

>> No.6846935

>>6846695
badanime/10

>> No.6846963

>>6846935
>>>/a/

>> No.6847052

>>6844358
Oh cool.

>> No.6847094
File: 121 KB, 1068x803, uh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

All of 'em~

Superboy, New 52 Red Hood, and a Court Of Owls member

Nah, not really. Just some gatherings and photoshoots

>cgl meetup?
Always!

NOPE, but I may find something nice. Who knows.

>extra
This is quite possibly my laziest con ever.

>> No.6848025

>>6843833
That reminds me I need to buy a bag of dicks for MJ as a welcoming gift.

>>6844358
That place is great. That's where I got the supplies for my Iori Yagami cosplay.

If you'll excuse me, I need to head to BevMo for Fanime supplies.

>> No.6849346

Bumpin dis shit!

>> No.6849403
File: 49 KB, 640x480, gary-coleman-as-arnold-diffrent-strokes-18022862-640-480.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you finish ordering prints
>only order 1 of a picture on accident.

>> No.6849679

The closer fanime gets and the worse things are going (thanks for breaking, sewing machine), the odds increase that I'll be skipping friday of the con to stay home finishing my masquerade costume.

>> No.6849903 [DELETED] 
File: 147 KB, 897x487, tumblr_mn0sh35v7q1r8uezmo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6803807
Updated for a bump

>> No.6849907
File: 147 KB, 897x487, fanime more like fanime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6803807
Updated for a bump

>> No.6849992

>>6849907
I like this. BRING ME ANOTHER!

>> No.6850255
File: 14 KB, 100x100, xoxoxo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6828755
Oh my gosh, love ME. We best be gettin' pics together if we run into each other.

>> No.6850268
File: 107 KB, 800x400, fanime shit2.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Updated/final list for meee! I'll be wearing Homura to the PMMM gathering Saturday. And gosh I am so tempted to bring along my old Animal Crossing girl cosplay hearing that there's a big group

>> No.6850453
File: 560 KB, 800x500, Final Fanime lineup.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

final lineup for this year! then again why wouldn't this be final considering that we have less than a week left

>> No.6851155
File: 21 KB, 195x204, 1369033442406.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6850268
Hi, Gabbi.

>>6850453
Hey, Max.

>> No.6851170
File: 1.05 MB, 1255x794, FUCKYAFANIME.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Thursday through Sunday.
Pic related, our Miyazaki group will finally be assembled in one spot despite a previous year of failing!
Takahiro Omori's Animation All-Rounder and the Black and White ball.
>cgl meetup?
Too much of a shyfag, sorry.
Art from Artist Alley.
>extra
GUYS I AM SO EXCITE, CAN YOU FEEL MY EXCITE?

>> No.6851231

I am going to take photos of all you magnificent bastards. I will hunt you down and use my gigantic camera to steal your soul.

By that I mean I'll take nice photos of you for your usage.

>> No.6851966

>>6846695
Are you Kafuka?

>> No.6851973
File: 698 KB, 1075x735, fanime whaaat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6851970
fuck forgot image

>> No.6851970

>>6796319
changed my lineup a bit but damn I'm still excited
3 days til my flight!

>> No.6852029

Was just at the convention center for a smaller comic book convention, the construction outside is TERRIBLE.

>> No.6852034

>>6852029
Any pictures?

>> No.6852079

>>6846695
Kafuka I didn't know you went to Fanime

>> No.6852090
File: 85 KB, 960x540, fun fun fun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6852089
The outside sucks yeah

>> No.6852089
File: 64 KB, 960x540, hallway.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6852029
It's NOT that bad

>> No.6852091
File: 101 KB, 960x540, crowded.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6852090

>> No.6852093
File: 98 KB, 960x540, okami.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6852091
But the inside is fine

>> No.6852096
File: 87 KB, 540x960, small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6852093
mostly

>> No.6852162

>>6850268
Where is this PMMM meeting you are talking about?

>> No.6852181

>>6852090

wow, there's no space in front at all now. That's kinda crappy.

>> No.6852268

>>6852181
it's only for the year.

>> No.6852273

>>6852268

Well yeah, but it won't be gone until NEXT year is what I assume your saying. The construction took up part of the front last year, but it was still decent. There doesn't appear to be any room left for this coming weekend.

>> No.6852299
File: 122 KB, 307x600, misha_cross_grin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

saturday

>> No.6852370

>No fountain

What a shame.

>> No.6852501

>>6852162
according to the gathering board, its 3 p.m. saturday in the upper corner by the marriott? not a clue where that is, i'll just follow all the other mahou shoujos i suppose!

>> No.6852549

>>6851973
Hah, I like you already just because of your captions.

>> No.6852550
File: 458 KB, 720x540, ep26_exsedol_asks_for_kaifun_minmay2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Only going Sunday, can't get entire weekend off
Lynn Minmay and my boyfriend will be Hikaru Ichijo
Not really, maybe I'll do a bit of karoke.
If the prices are decent, maybe some Macross and Touhou stuff.
>extra
Less than a week to go and I still need to finish the applique for the flight suit, make 2 sets of boot covers, and my premade gloves were so terrible that I'll need to make those as well. Freaking out a bit, but I'm excited to meet new people!

>> No.6852557

>>6852181
FFFFFF yeah....where are all the really big costumes going to hang out? guessing the park? mildly concerned since i was planning on camping in one spot in my big costume on sunday until i have to go inside for the masq. SHIT.

>> No.6852634

>>6852557
Yeah, fuck. I'm a photog. I never go to the park. The closest I get to the park is walking between the hotels and the convention center.

>> No.6852732

>>6852273
>implying it won't all just move to the park lot/ street between the blue tent and main hall.

>> No.6852970
File: 2.62 MB, 300x228, 1339198262421.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

3 more daysss
Gonna party and party and party and party!

>> No.6852977

>party con
Is it possible to wander the hotel floors and find these? I've been going to Fanime for a few years and have yet to drink alcohol that I didn't bring myself, wanna change that, but I don't know anyone there (all my friends ditched this year)

>> No.6853000

>>6852029
Haha were you also at Big Wow? Yeah, the construction takes up a lot f the front... I think for how many people there are at Fanime, this is gonna be a rough year.

Fortunately, the renovations so far look pretty nice, so next year is probably going to be great. The steps they added to the lobby area will be good for group photoshoots.

>> No.6853244

Thursday through Monday
Nothing because I'm fat. I had a wonderful idea for a Torneko Taloon cosplay at the very last minute, but I lack the funds and skills to pull it off so quickly. Looking at his costume, it would be pretty simple... The purple wig and ladykiller 'stache, though. That's the kicker.
The Voice Acting panels on Saturday. The Villain one is at 2, the normal one at 5, and I hope to be at both
>cgl meetup?
Nahh
Some decent retro vidya if I can find it. A copy of Dragon Warrior VII would be fucking amazing to find cheap enough.
>extra
Staffing the late night shift at Stage Zero. If you're up from 2 AM to 10 AM, please come by, we will be bored and watching some random anime. It's my friend's first time going to a con period and he's staffing with me, so be gentle. (I have no idea whether or not it's against the rules to say what I'm gonna be doing but I really don't think it is.)

Oh, and due to the situation with the front of the convention center being renovated or whatever it is, BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE PROTESTERS. And be intelligent. Just ignore them.

>> No.6853285

>>6852732
are you the same unicorn lord that posted on +4chan years ago?

>> No.6853307

>start putting finishing touches on masq costume
>find tiny dark spot right in the middle of the bodice of my all white dress
>it won't come out with water or a bleach pen (trying oxiclean now)

I FUCKING QUIT

>> No.6853340
File: 42 KB, 246x231, 1329378881117.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6853307
Paint it over with a white matching your dress? Add in a brooch or something that will fit with the attire to cover it up?

>> No.6853368

>>6853340
Nyope, sadly it's for masq so it's gotta be super accurate. It won't show from stage but I'll be incredibly embarrassed if I can't get it out before I have to go to craftsmanship judging. I think it could be a grease stain from my machine's oil so I'm hoping I can get it out with dish soap.

I found another spot that looks the same on the back, and then somehow I managed to bleed on it too. I can't win.

>> No.6853392

>>6853368
I really hope you can pull it out and save your costume D: I'd be losing my shit right now if what I was working on was for Masq and I was in your shoes. @A@

>> No.6853398

>>6853392
I'm her partner and it's just kind of a trainwreck on my end too. I ran out of the two colors of thread I need to keep going, so I'm waiting for stores to open before I can move on. At least our props and audio are done.

>> No.6853400

>>6853392
I THINK THE DISH SOAP IS WORKING. I am pretty much at sacrifice-a-goat-to-satan stage right now if it doesn't come out. I was so close to being completely done, too!
Thanks for the kind words. ;-;

>>6853398
The world is totally against us cosplaying right now.
At least Shirou is all done too. How did Shirou end up being the least of a failure.

I am still really curious about where I was bleeding from to actually get it on the dress. That wasn't there the last time I looked at it.

>> No.6853401
File: 316 KB, 400x399, tumblr_loneq0B5Er1qkt7y5o1_400[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6853398
Thank sweet baby jesus. My friends and I are on the waitlist... I think? This new masq coordinator is strange and hard to understand, and we're pretty much pulling this shit out of our asses at this point trying to get done.

>>6853400
Don't give in!!! I'm still fabric painting shit for a costume I don't even intend to have completely finished by Fanime, just so I can fucking get a feel for how it will be come AX. Don't quit, never surrender!!! BELIEVE IN THE SEAMSTRESS TIGER!

But yeah, never give in. I've seen and gone through some rough adversity heading towards masquerade and long as you keep pushin' shit works out in the end and everyone has a blast! :)

>> No.6853403
File: 373 KB, 500x281, tumblr_mlaz6vR1L51r93b45o1_r2_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6853401
Somebody needs to resurrect seamstress tiger. Last post was 2011.

>> No.6853404

>>6853403
Seriously. I've been following http://didisewthiswrongly.tumblr.com/ and that's been wonderful too. Both these blogs need to start postin again

>> No.6853406

>>6853400
I'm so glad to hear that the dish soap helped!

My partner and I are in masquerade too and we're feeling the pressure and due to finals, we got massively backlogged and ran out of our initial fabric. A friend managed to purchase it for us and had driven all the way down to give it to us while we're holed up in the other side of town.

I cannot wait to see your final results! Best wishes and best of luck!

>> No.6853407
File: 1000 KB, 500x281, tumblr_mdxhky8HOo1qk32b5o1_500 (1).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6853401
Four days? THAT'S EASY MODE. After I finish my masq costume (hopefully tomorrow) I get 1.5 days to make a dress, nurse hat, and alter tights. At least I already made my jewelry.

My masq dress is still kinda wet but it looks like the stain is gone so I'm crossing my fingers!

>> No.6853409
File: 156 KB, 822x692, 1269506480888.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6853407
Huzzah~ Glad to hear that it's working <3

I can't wait to see it all~

>> No.6853410

>>6853406
>>6853406
Thank you, and best of luck to you (in masq and finals) too! That's so sweet of your friend.
I should be sleeping or studying because I have a final really early in the morning but I downed massive quantities of caffeine today so I'm not sure if that's gonna happen.

>>6853409
Same for you guys! I hope you get in off the wait list? Fanime seems really messy this year with staff changes and the construction. Panels is the only department that seems like they've got even half their shit together so far.

>> No.6853411
File: 664 KB, 400x219, tumblr_lzcsdxSVOB1rpzstlo1_400.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6853410
We'll see what happens, but expect something stupidly fabulous. It will be a thing! One way or a fucking nother lol

>> No.6853412

>>6853410
Thank you!! I wish you good luck on your finals too!

>>6853411
Best of luck to you, Maguma! If it's still the Pokemon skit, I'm definitely hoping you'll be in!

>> No.6853413
File: 540 KB, 1224x1632, grrrrrails.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6853411
I think one of my friends is actually in your group, so you damn well better be stupidly fabulous!

We just have a bunch of bedazzled grails for our skit.

>> No.6853414

>>6853413
How interesting there will be bedazzle all over our star performer.... :3

>>6853412
Indeed it is. Get ready to dance mo'fucker >:I

>> No.6853434

All days
Kirito from sao
Some hopefully
Yeah down for it
Nekomimi lolol
See ya there

>> No.6853521

>>6853285
does it matter?

>> No.6853526

>>6853521
Intensely. I remember you being in Mexico. How's life bro? Still chat with Doom? I used to chill with Maru in Louisville.

>> No.6853627

>>6853526
>me
>in mexico
I've... never lived in mexico. I've never even WANTED to live in that gang riddled hell hole.

good, otherwise, tho.

>> No.6853630

>>6853627
That's super racist. I also remember you being distinctly disliked.

>> No.6853698

>>6809051
9pm meet on Friday it is for the meet-up! Did you figure out a location? I'm kind of annoyed that my first Fanime is going to be interrupted by something like construction. Ah well.

>> No.6853749

>>6853630
>racist
>against my own race.
wat.

>> No.6853753

>>6853698
We're meeting inside the lobby of the convention center, so as you walk in, we'll be there!

>> No.6853775

>>6853401
THE STAIN CAME OUT. Time for a hemming and hand-sewing extravaganza.

>> No.6853791

>>6853775
YAY