[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 438 KB, 512x1024, vergil-umvc3-v1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6716481 No.6716481 [Reply] [Original]

How hard is it to find someone who could style a wig for me? Could I just take it to any hairdresser? I've sort of got a week to go for my con and I do not feel confident enough to style my wig, nor do I want the slightest possibility to have it ruin the rest of the cosplay. What do?

>> No.6716505

Never a hairdresser.

Hopefully you have a cosplay-mate who's good at style
If not, style yourself with tutorials on internet. (very easy to google)

>> No.6716530

If you don't have a cosplay friend who can style it you will have to practice on your own. Get a shitty a couple shitty Party City wigs and practice some basic stuff. Check here for some basic and specific tutorials.

http://cosplaytutorial.com/list.php

>> No.6716543
File: 7 KB, 200x340, razor_107.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I kind of feel the same way about wigs, but the best thing I can recommend is to get a hair shaping razor from like a sally's or something if you still need to cut it. I literally have not been able to fuck up cutting hair with mine.
If you're trying to style the wig like in your picture and it's not a lace front, good luck to you because I can't give you any advice. I failed p hard on my attempt to do something like that.
But if it is a lace front, you should have a much easier time. Arda put up a tutorial on spiking wigs that I think works really well.

>> No.6716557

>>6716530
>>6716505
No cosplay friends.
>>6716543
It's a lace front.

This is really unnerving. I should've taken care of this ages ago fuuuuck. How would I go about finding someone who could help?

>> No.6718363
File: 112 KB, 426x640, tumblr_lstt4xXo281qc0aus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6716557

One of your friends has to be a good cosplayer. Call them up, buy them lunch, and have them help you out.

Please do it cause it's super rare to have a Vergil that doesn't have a shitty wig or a shitty spray in hair color.

>> No.6718409

>>6718408
^ hairdresser. typo

>> No.6718408

I'm actually studying to be a hairdress, but i can also agree many hair dressers would not know how to style a cosplay wig! It's completely different from working with real human hair and not to mention, you need to know got2be products and other cosplay wig tricks to do it. Dont go to a stylist. You will just ruin a decent wig. Many cosplayers comission wigs. Supernovadobe on deviantart is pretty good.