[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 119 KB, 1280x720, heyoverhere.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6698213 No.6698213 [Reply] [Original]

Official /cgl/ contest thread: Moe Kyun theme
Ends: Saturday March 30th 2013
Rules: dasdollhaus.tumblr.com

Judges:
> Curiousbear
> Jenius
> Luna
> Original Flavor Tang

>> No.6698219

No

>> No.6698224

>>6698213
For the anon who was asking about help with the wig. If you already sent me an entry, e-mail me so I can try to match up the wigs you posted to your face and I can give a better suggestion that way. ^^

>> No.6698227

>>6698224
I haven't yet haha, I was just about to do that.

>> No.6698228

Ahaha, wtf.

>> No.6698229

>>6698219

>> No.6698234

>>6698219
No? This is the second contest this board has had a good majority seems to enjoy these types of things.

>>6698227
Sounds good, I'll check my e-mail in a little bit.

>> No.6698236

>>6698234
If by "these types of things" you mean "things that will instigate drama", then...yeah, I guess so.

>> No.6698239

>>6698236
>you mean "things that will instigate drama", then...yeah, I guess s

sigh

just stfu, really

>> No.6698240

>>6698239
no u

>> No.6698243

>>6698236
I'm guessing this is all a bit new to you. If you followed the last contest. Everything went pretty smooth and everyone enjoyed themselves. I'm well aware that I cannot change everyone's opinion on the matter and I've said my bit. If this is your sort of thing, happy lurking and keep things in the neutral.

>> No.6698248
File: 9 KB, 210x240, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6698239
Obvious troll is obvious, don't pander to them.

On another note, are you following the contest or thinking about joining? I'm seeing a lot of familiar faces from the first contest. :3

>> No.6698253

>>6698234
I sent it out, thanks ^^ also, I had a random question, 한국말 할 줄 아니?

>> No.6698259

>>6698248
>Obvious troll is obvious, don't pander to them.
don't tell me wat to do, sloot

>> No.6698269

>>6698253
오,예. 한국말을 이해하시지요?

For the tumblr anon who sent me a message, don't be shy. Feel free to send me a message.

>> No.6698283

Alright, I need to take a break for a bit. I've been prepping dinner and responding in e-mails/threads.

I'll be back sometime later onto tonight (for me) which will be 7-8 am in the morning for EDT anons.

>> No.6698286

>>6698269
예, 안타깝게도…
장난이야!

Haha, but anyway I really hate typing on a regular keyboard so I'm going to stop. I half forgot where everything was.(I know you can change the layout but windows 8...it was hard enough to enable the korean keyboard) Plus. I'm a bit rusty. Anyways, that's cool. Just thought I'd ask because I was curious.

>> No.6698291

Just a question, is ulzzang style fashion allowed in this contest? I think their styles are pretty moe.

>> No.6698304

fucking koreans

>> No.6698317

>>6698291
>ulzzang
You mean photoshopped as fuck? No.
Ulzzang = Gyaru = Feizhuliu.
They're all the same, and equally as plastic/shopped/materialistic.

But those are more "make up styles" than a clothing style.

>> No.6698325

>>6698317
... Gyaru doesn't look a thing like ulzzang or fzl though. I guess they run in the same vein in that their all "net idol" things, but the look is different. And this is a jfash and cosplay board, hence my question? More about the style, less about the shoop.

>> No.6698330

>>6698325
Different anon
Well since it's a make up style then duh it's allowed?
Ulzzang isn't really a "style", more of a photoshopped look and about having a best "face" not "moe outfit".

>> No.6698373

Good morning contestants and fellow judges, I was wondering if the contestants would find it useful to have a rough 'How to take clear pictures in various situations/lighting' sort of guide written up? I noticed in the last round people were having trouble with yellow pictures and indoor lighting, all easy fixes. So, would this be useful?

>> No.6698406

>>6698304
Hahaha
>captcha:out aharead

>> No.6698408

>>6698373
Please do it up, I have a shit camera.

>> No.6698468

>>6698291
This theme is heavily geared towards anime/manga and ulzzang is basically "Dolly Look" with a heavy dose of Photoshop. Trust me, I live in Korea and I see WAY too much of it. It would not translate well into Moe Kyun in my opinion.

Now, Gyaru is more established as a fashion and also has a certain makeup look. In my opinion it wouldn't suit Moe Kyun. But Lolita can work, because its more of a cute fashion. I could see a creepy-cute moe who is weird and misunderstood. Again, these are just my opinions and thoughts on the matter.

>>6698373
Hey Luna, that would be awesome. I think the ladies could totally use the advice. I'll even make a post about it on the tumblr so people can reference it in the future.

>> No.6698494

>>6698373
I'd definitely appreciate something like this. I have so many issues trying to get pictures that aren't yellow because of the indoor lights here.

>> No.6698595
File: 114 KB, 400x539, 17-01[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Okay, I finished writing this like an hour ago, but my net went down so I couldn't post it. But that time was used to write some retouching basics, so I'll post that too. If any Anons have anything to add or correct me on please feel free, or if you have a specific problem I am more than happy to troubleshoot.

Universal tips and basics:

Most flattering to least lighting: Natural sunlight > Mix of indoor lighting and sunlight > Mix of sunlight and flash > Mix of indoor lighting and flash > Halogen strips/bulbs > Tungsten/energy saving (Yellow toned low intensity bulbs.)

You will need to change your white balance to suit the lighting you're in, this will correct any overly blue or yellow tones in the image. Even the most basic cameras come with presets for various lighting, represented with universal icons (See picture) You should set it to match the most intense lighting if you're in a mixed lighting situation.

Flashes are useful in less than great lighting, but are often harsh and can often wash out your image, a good solution to this is sticking a piece of white tissue/milk carton/grease proof paper over your flash, you can fold or layer it. This should diffuse the light and make it much softer, this is especially useful for face shots, where flashes either wash everything out, give harsh shadows or highlight blemishes.

Cont.

>> No.6698599

>>6698595
If your camera has scene/preset modes (Portrait, macro, landscape etc) Portrait is usually the best for portraits, then macro and child portrait. Landscape and sport are okay for portraits, but much better for full body shots especially if you want your background in focus. If you do not, go for macro. Obviously I haven't used every camera ever, so these are guestimates based on the ones I have used, if something else works better for you then by all means go for that. Avoid night mode.

For those with cameras that the shutter/aperture/ISO etc can be manually controlled, I would advise as large an aperture as possible for face shots. For full body shots, the background will get more blurred the larger the aperture, so if you want it in focus make it a little smaller. (The actual f/stop number will get smaller as the aperture gets bigger) a medium shutter speed, you can go as low as 1/40 using a camera handheld without blur. And as low an ISO as possible. If you're not getting enough light, change your aperture first, then shutter, and ISO should be changed as a last resort. If it's coming out too bright, then shutter should be changed first, then ISO (It should really already be on the lowest setting though) and then your aperture.

>> No.6698600

I'm definitely going to enter! I was putting it off because Im sick, but ill post some ideas and try to get some opinions on which type of moe i should do.

We're allowed to do that, right? I think hester and gulpereel asked for advice?

>> No.6698616

>>6698600
I was getting distracted with Deadspace and just refreshed the page to see all this posting. My apologizes ladies!

Yes, totally. You can even post up your collage to get a critique before submitting it. That is perfectly acceptable. I have no issues with contestants asking for advice on here or privately. =)

>>6698595
Thank you for the post. I'll copypasta it onto the tumblr so ladies can use this info in the future.

And on that note...I'm going to check my e-mail as well to see if anyone else sent in entry pictures.

>> No.6698885

>>6698468
>But Lolita can work, because its more of a cute fashion. I could see a creepy-cute moe who is weird and misunderstood.
I think the idea of bringing in existing fashions to this is a bit strange, namely because it's somewhat of a cosplay contest. So, I think that even if the styles resemble something similar, they shouldn't necessarily be named specific things. Plus, that adds to more creativity since the outfit can go beyond the giudelines of the normal fashion.

>> No.6698929
File: 329 KB, 516x592, kuroneko5.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6698885
But as you said, these are just fashions that your original character may or may not wear. If you think you've come up with a cute character who has an interest in lolita fashion, I think it could work nicely. Just try to add something more to the character/archetype than "wearing lolita."

>> No.6698930

>>6698929
Sorry, that was me posting without a name! Damn, namefagging is difficult.

>> No.6699220
File: 496 KB, 881x672, doushio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't pick between these two photos for the one on the bed.

>> No.6699252

>>6698468
So gyaru make up is a no-no? I only feel cute/pretty when I have gyaru type make up on. I have monolids and falsies gives me double eyelids

>> No.6699258

>>6699220
Were in the fuck did the top of your face go for the second photo?

Not trying to be harsh, but your socks look messy (unless you're trying to go for the mix-matched-ish look?).

You have a beautiful face, so I don't like that the second one is hiding that. I'd prefer the second one if it had your face in it because I love that post.

>> No.6699273

>>6699258
her nose is ginormous and her eyes look droopy, hiding her face is a good idea.

>> No.6699316

>>6699273
Well, I hope the judges aren't bias towards how "pretty" someone's face is. I don't have a problem with "big" noses. I prefer droopy looking eyes because I feel it fits well into gyaru. I personally prefer Asian girls, because I feel they naturally have the cutest type of "look", so I feel like any judge who has an Asian fetish or Asian preference would be biased on that. I just read into this thread briefly. I'm a man and not going to be apart of this contest.

Chao.

>> No.6699324
File: 57 KB, 720x480, it can't be helped.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6699258
My face went into the void. Messy socks were a conscious decision as I talked about in the last thread, not just saying that but I did stand about with sock glue in my hand thinking about it all. I think it may just be better to redo some photos on the bed tomorrow during the day. Maybe I'll add in my dakimakura.

>> No.6699325

>>6699220
I think maybe the sock looks you're going for is more of a slouchy sock thing? These really don't look good like that. But I definitely like the second photo better, we can see your kawaii face.

>> No.6699333

>>6699324
I think if you want to go the messy socks route, make it more obviously messy. Like have one sock scrunched down more. It'll look more like it's supposed to be messy rather than it just kinda slipped a bit.

>> No.6699510

>>6698885
I had mentioned in the previous thread and even the rules. If someone wants to do a J-fashion, you have to make sure it can still translate into cute. Also, you still have to use some of the Moe stereotypes commonly seen with this type of moe. J-fashion tends to be really extravagant and over the top in Anime/Manga and some styles of J-fashion just don't translate into "cute".

>>6698929
This, totally what I'm trying to say. Thank you.

>>6699252
I have no issue with what style of makeup you use actually. So if you have to take a more gyaru approach to your makeup, because it brings out certain features and its something your comfortable with. Go ahead and just remember that if you want some opinions before submitting your pictures you can post it here or to me privately. =)

>> No.6699519

>>6698248
>:3
get out.

>> No.6699539

>>6699519
>getting butthurt over faces

You get out

>> No.6699545

>>6699539
lol samefag curiousbear.

>> No.6699551

This contest is horrible and shouldn't be allowed. It makes girls feel bad.

>> No.6699567
File: 190 KB, 400x323, youarewhy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6699551
>>6699545
>>6699519

>> No.6699570

>>6699551
Why does it make girls feel bad? It's fun! I'm not sure that many of us even really enter just for the prize. I know that I want to enter just because I love to dress up and like the idea of a theme I have to follow -- it's a cool challenge. I mean, we are here because we like to dress up, right?

>> No.6699602

>>6699551
If it makes you feel bad, then just hide the thread and ignore it. The rest of us are having a great time and are looking forward to it.

>> No.6699698

I'm having such a hard time deciding what kind of moe girl to do! I like the nekomimi type, but I was also thinking of the chuunibyou type.

>> No.6700230
File: 23 KB, 640x480, 116q7o2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have so many fun ideas for this contest, too bad I don't have the time. Oh, well. Can't wait to see the entries!

>> No.6700315

Hey ladies!

I'm just returning from a family emergency, so I'm just getting caught up in the thread again. Everything is okay otherwise.

>>6699545
Your logic is that if someone defends me, I must be white knighting myself. Huh, I see. Alrighty then....moving along.

>>6699551
I'm sorry that you feel that way, anon. One of the main reasons why I created these contests was the have fun, everyone here loves to dress up. I have no biases or preferences, I choose winners based on skill, effort and creativity. I obviously cannot change your opinion, but perhaps in time you will come to see that seagulls generally are enjoying themselves...unlike most contests that turn into mini beauty pageants.

>>6699698
You could always take a quick shot of either idea and ask the ladies on here to help you pick. If you prefer a more private method, just shoot me an e-mail.

>>6700230
Aw, I really did try to pick a time that was accessible to most anons and knowing this was march break time. I did offer to extend it for a few days past the 30th of this month, for anons that might need a bit more time. The offer still stands, I just need you ladies to let me know.

>> No.6700324

>>6700315
>mini beauty pageants.
Wtf do you think this is then?

>> No.6700365

>>6700324
A fresh example would be Lily's & VenusAngelics contest and the other ones that have come before that. Almost everyone abused Photoshop, they went for who is prettiest and ignore everything else. The rules were abused on multiple occasions and they had a natural bias towards Asian girls. In the end, I couldn't imagine it being fun in the least and more of a popularity contest and trying to fish for compliments. The whole thing was a mess.

I hated everything about that contest and wanted to make one that was genuinely fun to watch and participate in. I try to pick fun themes and encourage girls to get creative. They like my rules because I play fair and keep to my word. I pick winners based on effort, skill and creativity. I could careless if your fat or skinny, super omg pretty or just a plain-Jane. I treat everyone the same. Some people don't like that and wanted me to pick the prettiest girls to win and to me its not about who is the prettiest.

I don't ask for age, if they're still a virgin and other weird stuff. So no, I don't consider these contests to be beauty pageants in the traditional sense. Again, you have your own opinion and I have mine. The ladies who enter enjoy themselves and that is my main goal.

>> No.6700420

>>6700315
> I did offer to extend it for a few days past the 30th of this month, for anons that might need a bit more time.

Yes, that would be a lot of help ahh! I love you.

>> No.6700478

I'm finishing up some cooking, sorry for the slow replies. It's been a busy weekend for me.

>>6700420
*Blush* I can do April 5th and that will leave the weekend for myself and the judges to pick the winner and do announcements on Monday. How does that sound?

>> No.6700481

>>6700478
not that anon, but that sounds better for me too!

>> No.6700498

>>6700481
Alrighty, I'll update the rules with the date change. I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with.

Right now, I'm thinking on how to improve things and make it look more professional. I had several ladies suggest that I do videos and I'm looking into getting a better camera. I used to have a Nikon DX40 with 4 different lenses, but that got stolen and I've been trying to find a replacement since. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I'm giving myself a budget of $900. If anyone has any other suggestions on how to tidy things up, please share any tips you have. Thank you in advance!

>> No.6700527

if it counts for anything... I think it's really cool that you are planning a competition like this <:)

>> No.6700535

>>6700527
Thank you anon, I really appreciate the support. Do you have any themes you'd like to see in the future?

>> No.6700546

>>6700535
Different anon here, but how about season or flavour themes? (probably too broad to work, but I love seeing distinctly seasonal outfits!)

>> No.6700551

>>6700546
Interesting, I would like to hear more about this if your willing to elaborate.

Like spring, summer, fall and winter outfits? Would this be more of a J-fashion theme?

>> No.6700554

>>6700324
Considering that in the last contest, the girl that won wasn't what most people considered to be the 'prettiest' contestant (she's not ugly, before people twist my words), I would hardly call it a beauty pageant. The girl won simply because she made the biggest transformation, which was what the contest was all about. I like that CB sticks to her own rules and judges fairly.

>> No.6700562

>>6700554
Thank you anon.

I think the real issue I get from anons like this >>6700324 is that these types of contest have gained a bad rep from previous contests held by other people. So, they kinda expect it all to be the same.

>> No.6700658

Good morning, I have some basic reouching tips written up. For those Anons who can't into or don't have photoshop, I'm happy to do some editing for you. As long as CB is okay with it of course. Again, if there's a better way of doing any of this, or you have something to add please don't hesitate.

Retouching tips:

If your image is still slightly tinted, you can adjust this by using the colour balance tool. (Image>Adjustments>Colour balance) Auto colour is okay usually too, but sometimes it is completely out of the ball park. If your image is too warm, you'll want to slide towards cyan, green and blue, If it's too cold magenta, yellow and red. This is a setting you'll probably want to play around with until you're happy.

If your image is lacking contrast, your go to tool is levels (Image>Adjustments>Levels) This tool is great because it allows you to change the brightness/darkness of the shadows, midtones and highlights separately. The regular contrast slider and curves tools change everything so in an image with already bright highlights or dark shadows, using them can make everything too intense. You can also adjust your tones with this tool, by changing the channel dropdown. Moving the light slider inwards will tone it the colour of the channel, moving the black one will tone it the opposite. Again, there is an auto levels tool, but sometimes it is just awful. If you do want to lighten or darken the entire image, the curves tool would be your guy. The dropdown menu has presets which are usually good but can be too intense. Moving the line on the graph upwards will lighten the image, moving it down will darken it.

Cont.

>> No.6700662

>>6700658
The dodge and burn tools are good for lightening and darkening very specific areas, it's particularly flattering to darken your limbal ring and pupils, eyelashes and eyebrows, and to highlight your the iris between the limbal ring and pupil. A hard brush (One without a fuzzy, airbrush looking edge) is usually best for being precise. Be subtle, use a steady hand, emulate and enhance what is there natually, and don't over-detail. If you're too heavy-handed it enters the realm of manipulation/painting.

This is all I have for the moment, will do something on skin/blemishes though.

>> No.6700666

>>6700658
Morning Luna,

Thank you so much for this wealth of information. This will help a lot of the ladies who experience this issue when trying to optimize the quality and correct colors in their photos.

I made a tumblr post of the advice you gave earlier. Is it alright to post this one too? I would like to have these tips always available for girls to reference when fixing up their photos.

And you can continue to give tips, I really enjoy it and it helps me as well.

>> No.6700692

>>6700666
It's my pleasure.Yeah of course you can.

>> No.6701642
File: 108 KB, 897x739, outfit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I get some opinions on this outfit for the contest, please? Obviously hair and make up probably isn't what it will be in the final pics, it just seemed a waste to re-do it for a 10 second picture. Does it need to be more 'cute'? Any ways to improve it? Also I'm not sure what shoes to wear.

>> No.6701655

I would kind of like to join this, but I'm not really 100% what "moe girl" is, to be honest... I don't have any maid outfits or school outfits or anything like that, so I have no idea how I'd go about being "moe"??

>> No.6701661

>>6701642
Looks pretty fucking adorable

>>6701655
Well, what would you wear if you were just going to dress to look really cute?

>> No.6701674

>>6701642
A longer sweatshirt might play up the cute a bit more? This one hits rights about where your shorts end.

>> No.6701677

>>6701655
Well >>6701642 isn't a uniform or maid outfit and it still looks pretty cute. I think as long as what you wear looks cute, it can work.

>> No.6701711
File: 377 KB, 1500x1000, lucky-star-soujirou-12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6701661
Thank you!

>>6701674
I'll have a look through my wardrobe and see if I have a longer one, but I have a feeling the only one I have that's longer is black with a One Piece logo on it.

>>6701655
Maybe look at what sort of things moe anime characters wear? There is a list of stereotypical types on the tumblr page:
>Maid, Megane (glasses wearing characters), Cat ears, Twin tails (ponytails), School girl, Clumsy, Cute, Innocent, Loli. You are not limited to these pre-sets, but something from this list should be incorporated into your costume.
So not all are maid or uniform.

>> No.6701795

>>6701711
If not it'll probably look longer in other poses so I wouldn't worry too much. Your face is adorable btw

>> No.6701838

>>6701642
Your top is weirdly tsundere.

>> No.6701843

These contests are fucking stupid and this one in particular has nothing to do with this board

>> No.6701863

>>6701843
>cosplay board
>dressing up as anime stereotypes

Yeah, very stupid, anon. This has absolutely nothing to do with cosplay. It's better than board-tans, if you ask me.

>> No.6701862

>>6701843
Hide the thread and ignore it if you don't like it. There are cosplay influences in this contest, the last contest was jfashion.

>> No.6701917

>>6701795
Yeah, I'm also stretching onto my tiptoes to try get the full outfit in the mirror. I'll have to see how long it looks with the shorts in the morning. Thank you, I'm wearing so much make up though.

>>6701838
I guess it is! It's from the Uniqlo x MILK collection.

>> No.6701914 [DELETED] 

>>6701795
Yeah, I'm also stretching onto my tiptoes to try get the full outfit in the mirror. I'll have to see how long it looks with the shorts in the morning.

>>6701838
I guess it is! It's from the Uniqlo x MILK collection.

>> No.6701937

>>6701863
I'm asking girls to cosplay an OC of a Moe Kyun character. How does this not relate to this board? Someone made a very good suggestion here >>6701862

>>6701642
Hester, I'm really excited to see the finished product! It's looking great so far and the ladies on this board know what they're saying. So, there's no need for my two cents.

>>6701655
Hi anon, I'm sure you saw the responses to your question. But, if you need help picking something out. A few girls have done so already, putting together a few outfits and taking pictures to show me or you can do the same thing and post it here to get some help with an outfit.

>> No.6703302

>>6701937
holy shit, that's Hester?!
I didn't even recognise her without the wig. Not in a bad way, but goddamn, woman, dem's some versatile facial features. It seems rare to encounter someone who can pull off ~delicate lolita doll~ AND moe-moe-kyun. ;-;

>> No.6703317

>>6698213
What exactly does make this 'official'?

>> No.6703338

>>6703317
When I asked seagulls if they were interested in having contests and competitions what was geared towards their interests J-fashion/Cosplay, they liked the idea of having this sort of thing in the /cgl/ community. This is an exclusive event only for the members of this board.

>> No.6703360

Is it bad that I really want to enter, but am afraid of drama :(

>> No.6703369

>>6701917
Actually, try to get the fact that you're in your tiptoes in the picture. Short girls in tippy toes are fucking moe. Blush+a pout or something could make you into the perfect tsundere making herself taller for a kissu~

>> No.6703378

>>6703360
So why don't you enter? This is the second contest and there was zero drama the last time and I expect it to be the same. So if that's the only reason why...don't be scared.

>> No.6703385

>>6703360
Don't be :). Your pictures won't be posted here unless you decide to post them. And Curiousbear has been really good about keeping drama to a minimum.

>> No.6703514

>>6703378
I think I might. It's alright to not have contact lenses and a wig right?

>> No.6703537

>>6703534
Sorry that first sentence was supposed to be "are not necessary", my bad.

>> No.6703534

>>6703514
Lenses and wigs are necessary to be moe. I think people opt for lenses because moe characters tend to have big eyes (well, it's anime afterall) and they go for wigs to pull off the super long twin tails. Judging by the two girls that have posted in this thread, Gulper eel isn't wearing lenses and still looks moe, and Hester isn't wearing a wig and still looks moe, so it can be done.

>> No.6703540
File: 963 KB, 390x219, 1363532687425.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6703369
Yessssss.

>> No.6703546

>>6703514
Yup, perfectly fine Anon. Good luck with your entry~

I also remembered that the Japanorama series had a segment on Moe, so this might help clear things up a little for those Anons who're confused about the general definition. The segment starts at 8:17, though the entire episode and series for that matter are pretty good and worth watching IMO. Some of the stuff is a tad outdated though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-QvDoOt6ak

>> No.6703551

>>6703338
How do you tell 'members of this board' apart then?
Is this tripfags only?

>> No.6703566

>>6703551
If and when you create your entry you'll have to assume an identity, people are emailing them directly to Curiousbear, rather than them all being posted in thread for her to find and sort through. it's not necessary to trip or namefag in the threads, though you can if you want to.

>> No.6703569

>>6703514
It's totally fine, just try to have fun. Don't get too worried if you don't have certain things. Just make due with what you have. If you need any advice and are too shy to post in the thread, you can always shoot me an e-mail.

>>6703551
Its simple. The only place this contest is being discussed is on this board.

No, it not just for trips, its for all anons that frequent this part of 4chan. It originated here and its stayed here. Yes, I do have a tumblr/FB fan page for the contest. But that is mainly used for rules, posting contestant entries and winnings.

>> No.6703576

>>6703566
Morning Luna, thank you for the help. I'm not sure if Jenius is still in the thread, but morning to you as well. I'll be heading to bed in a hour or so.

Update:
I've received some more entry photos. I'm still waiting on collages, but I'm not worried. I prefer to wait and get a good product, then have girls rush themselves. Now that I've extended the dates more people can enter now.

>> No.6703740

>>6703546
>>6703569

Alright thanks guys! :) I'm getting a haircut soon, so I will definitely enter this.
Curiousbear I might message on you on tumblr in the next 2 weeks or something..

>> No.6703754

>>6701838
>>6703369
>moe tsundere
yess

>> No.6704135

>finally decide to enter contest
>huge zit on nose very next morning

Well, I'm glad the deadline isn't for a while!

>> No.6704144

>>6704135
I feel your pain anon. I'm having trouble finding clothes that are moe enough too. Bad skin and non-moe clothes. Woe is life.

>> No.6704379

Is it just me, or is there something... iffy... about the name... Curious...bear...

Bear... a curios bear... what is the first image that pops into your head?

I have a bad feeling about this.

>> No.6704394

>>6704379
Honestly, the first thing that popped into my head was Winnie the Pooh.

>> No.6704395

>>6704379
I... don't get it.

>> No.6704455
File: 8 KB, 100x184, a cute bear!.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6704394
Well I guess you've not been tainted by 4chans yet.

>>6704395
Like, a cute Japanese bear that was so curious that it stumbled upon a kids playground.

>> No.6704540

>>6704455
LOL OMG pedobear I get it!

>> No.6704584

>>6704540
>LOL OMG pedobear I get it!
Terminal newness.

>> No.6704674

>>6704540
No, his name is 'Kuma'...

>> No.6704937

>>6700478
Thank CuriousBear! I think I can get some moe together by then.

>> No.6704983

I want to enter but can't for the life of me find any 'moe' clothes in my wardrobe.
Gonna go read manga about cute girls doing cute stuff for research. Recommendations anyone?

Also any seagulls using that galaxy seifuku? I saw alot of you getting one.

>> No.6704991

>>6704983
Seconded. I'll probably need to buy some new clothes, but I'm lost as to what is moe- and I don't think Taobao stuff would make it here in time.

>> No.6705046
File: 2.85 MB, 385x383, 1363534609449.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6704983
>>6704991
You're always welcome to post ideas/possible outfits and ask for advice!

>Recommendations anyone?
A lot of SOL series are good for this kind of thing. For inspiration, I'm not too much of a manga buff but in terms of anime, I'd recommend KyoAni stuff for a more straight forward vision and Shinbou's work for a more involved one. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei might be particularly helpful as it visualizes a lot of archetypes very clearly. (Not for cosplay, but for inspiration!)

>> No.6705131

>>6704983
I would look at a lot of shoujo manga. I'll try to dump pictures of cute outfits from shoujo if that's okay with you guys?

>> No.6705164
File: 158 KB, 493x429, yumemiru1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705131

>> No.6705166
File: 70 KB, 477x750, yumemiru2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705164

>> No.6705190
File: 122 KB, 500x643, yumemiru3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705166

>> No.6705226
File: 90 KB, 500x708, anko1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705190

>> No.6705245
File: 152 KB, 500x282, anko2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705226

>> No.6705262

>>6705190
>>6705166
>>6705164

This manga looks so cute, totally picking it up
Also thanks for the outfit inspiration pics, anon.

>> No.6705296
File: 238 KB, 500x481, sasami1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705245
I know she's wearing her uniform here, but the colors and uniform style are pretty moe...

>> No.6705339
File: 62 KB, 500x706, hidamari sketch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705262
Thanks! I hope they are helpful.

>> No.6705558

Woah is this like that idol contest we did last year but it's a fashion contest?

Because last time it was really amusing!

>> No.6705641

I'm taking photos for my collage tomorrow with my photographer friend - pretty excited!
Need to finalize my outfits though.

>> No.6705892
File: 2.16 MB, 3648x2736, DSCN1459.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Okay /cgl, this is the moe-est shit I own. Is any of it salvageable, or should I toss the whole mess? I'm in the middle of a huge style revamping right now.
Sorry for partial de-rail

>> No.6705921

>>6705892
blue dress, or you can be sort of punky moe~ just doing cute things may help.

>> No.6705947

>>6703740
No problem, anon. =)

>>6704135
Ugh, yeah. I hate when they just wait for some event you want to go or participate in then...BAM! A wild zit has appeared. I can suggest a camomile tea bag with some tea-tree oil, then put a spoon in the freezer to chill it and then apply it to the area afterwards to help shrink it. A night I dab on some Hydrocortisone or with a cue-tip soaked in fresh lemon juice. A real emergency trick I learned many years ago at a shoot: eye drops to reduce redness and swelling.

>>6704379
Heh, that actually gave me a chuckle and I did facepalm a little bit. To be honest, months ago when I first started to discuss the possibility of creating these contests, I needed a "name" to use on the spot. I had been watching a marathon of National Geographic and just finished watching a segment on bears....hence the lame "trip". Lol

Sadly, I do own a pedobear hat I bought from ComicCon 3 years back. Maybe I'll wear it in my Moe costume I plan on posting up here in a few days. I'm going to make a collage for fun.

>>6704937
Anytime!

>>6705558
Hey Shaynii, I know you've been out of the loop for a bit. Welcome to the thread anyways, this is the second contest I'll be hosting. You missed the first one, which was J-fashion (you can see the entries on the tumblr) and the seagulls voted for Moe Kyun this time around. I recommend you read up on the tumblr and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Myself or a Judge.

>>6705892
>>6705921
I agree with this anon, the first thing that popped out to me was the blue dress.

>> No.6705951
File: 44 KB, 403x403, 734392_10151501032429320_357677300_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'll help post some more inspiration!

>> No.6705952
File: 34 KB, 275x308, 248579m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6705951

>> No.6706021

>>6705558
>Because last time it was really amusing!
No, last time it was one of the most embarrassing moments in /cgl/'s history.

Remember how the guy who ran the contest turned out to be just some sort of creep from God knows where who just wanted lewd pictures of girls of questionable age?
And how everyone stopped caring when every single seagull dropped out? So the people who voted weren't even from this board? And, most ironically, even the person who *won* that contests was not even a seagull, nor a cosplayer (and I don't think she qualified as a lolita neither)? And, finally, how she disappeared almost immediately after it was done?

We had better remember that. Those who ignore history are fated to repeat it...
>implying
Yes I am.

>> No.6706031

>>6706021
No worries, this is NOTHING like that dreadful contest. The only similarity it shares, is that its a /cgl/ thing. That's pretty much it.

Trust me, I remember that whole thing well. What a mess, ugh.

>> No.6706076
File: 516 KB, 970x647, newphotos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hello, seagulls, I have managed to take some new photos today. Is one of these good or shall I continue to take more? I've also tried to consider what people said beforehand for these photos in terms of make up and wig. Also bonus daki.

>> No.6706082

i am still very confused about the definition of moe and how it is portrayed. so far it comes off as weeb-ish but slightly cute...?

>> No.6706085

>>6706082
I'm guessing you don't watch anime, read manga's or cosplay?
If you really don't get the theme that much, then maybe this one isn't for you just saying.
There has been a ton of examples in the thread and its not that hard to get.

>> No.6706090

>>6706085
i dont so often anymore...
um, girls in very cute clothes that have geeky accessories on?

>> No.6706094

>>6705892
None of this is moe, it's all just punky weeb bullshit. Keep your gaming shirts for casual wear, but throw all of that shit out. Including that trashy blue dress.

>> No.6706099

>>6706082
just post a pic on /a/ of yourself and ask if you're moe

>> No.6706103
File: 10 KB, 300x168, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6706082
>>6706090
Hey, saw your question. Because you seem new to the Moe concept, perhaps it would be easier to draw some inspiration from some of the pictures posted in the thread and try to get a feel for the look itself. Think sweet and cute.

>>6705952
>>6705951
>>6705245
>>6705190
>>6705226

If you have a wig that would be great, but no necessary. Circle lenses work too, again if you don't have that either. That's completely fine. Light makeup, remember your going for cute. Maid uniforms, school uniforms, Pigtails, ponytails, cat ears, glasses are some of the reoccurring themes you see. But if you don't have those things, Hester posted a great example >>6701642 of using things in her wardrobe.

>> No.6706105

>>6706103
i think i grasp a little bit of the definition ...
examples of moe hairstyles? would it be like quirky cute? sideway ponytails.... braided pigtails...

>> No.6706106
File: 100 KB, 500x299, 1360153714670.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6706094

>> No.6706108
File: 689 KB, 1440x1433, b0c0b926b4d068ac541bd41f8648ac06.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6706105
I hope this helps.

>> No.6706110

>>6706076
i like the first one

>> No.6706114

>>6706076
I agree, the first one is pretty cute.

>> No.6706383

>>6705558
Shaynii, aren't you 17? I thought this was supposed to be for 18+ only.

>> No.6706403

>>6706383
Silence, cur!

>> No.6706473

>>6706383
Wait, she's only 17? If that is true, then sadly she cannot enter the contest. :< sorry

>> No.6706481

>>6706473
She says she's 17 on her facebook and tumblr, so I don't think you should accept her if she enters...

>> No.6706560

>>6706481
That's all just hearsay. You have no proof.

>> No.6706595

>>6706099
This is the worst idea. Instead of that just wait for the banner that says "moe cannot exist in the 3d form."

>>6706076
First one is hell of moe.

>>6705892
I actually like the red plaid skirt, with a cute baggy knit sweater that could be pretty moe.

>girl gamer shirt
That one can go right in the garbage.

>>6706108
>Mugi with short hair and Ritsu with long hair
I-I had no idea how much I needed this

>>6706383
>>6706473
>>6706481
Chill, I'm sure she would tell us she was 17 and we can all smile and nod.

>> No.6706613

>>6706595
I saw that banner earlier this morning and had a good long laugh at the irony since I had just gone back to the main page from this thread.

>> No.6706624

>>6706595
I meant tell us she was 18! Goddamn.

>>6706613
Yeah, I would not go around bragging to other boards that we're hosting a 3d moe contest. It would be pretty much on the same level as saying we're hosting a "who can pose cutest with their Xbox controller in their mouth" contest.

Not my opinion, though, Curiousbear! I think it's fun.

>> No.6706648

>>6706624
She's not 18 though, she's 17. Unless she's been doing a Koti and lying about her age.

>> No.6706772

She's definitely not 18. That's why she's not replying. She's probably going to come back and lie and say she's 18 just to enter the contest.

>> No.6706799

>>6706772
Well if she wants to prove her age, then she could maybe send Curiousbear a scan of her ID/driver's license/passport? Name and details apart from birthdate censored, of course.

>> No.6706809

>>6706799
Well I'm sure if she wins the contest, she'd have to provide her REAL name and address anyways...

>> No.6706841

Isn't it well-known that shaynii is underage?

>> No.6706846

>>6706560
I know her personally. She is 17.

>> No.6706903
File: 1.06 MB, 1420x993, 454_副本.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Considering sending this in though it may be weird to be the first one. I added more sparkles, I just couldn't stop.

>>6705892
I can hardly see the clothes but maybe the guitar could work for a keion kind of thing?

Most of my moe inspiration are just male characters so I don't really have any images to post. Yellow from Akibaranger is a good inspiration though.

>> No.6707044

>>6706903
Needs more sparkles! But no seriously, you're kawaii as fuck.

>> No.6707075

>>6706903
This is coming along wonderfully, the only critique I have is that the pictures are a little lacking in expression, it would be so much cuter if you'd smile.

>> No.6707112
File: 129 KB, 1280x720, yellow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6707044
Thank you! Perhaps I will add even more.

>>6707075
I just don't really like my actual smile in photos, it's derp central. I am trying to smile in these though or at least that is me smiling compared to me trying to look serious.

>> No.6707223
File: 142 KB, 1065x933, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6703302
Yup, that's me. Although I don't think my features are very versatile as I tend to look really similar no matter what wig or make up I do. Pic related.

>>6703369
>>6703540
>>6703754
I'll try get something like that in, although I'm probably not very tsundere in real life (my best friend would disagree though)

>>6703546
Thanks for that link, Luna!

>>6706903
Ahhh you already know how cute I think you are, but serious loving your collage. I agree with more sparkles though haha. You're inspiring me too much right now, I feel the need to go and style my hair or practice make up.

>> No.6707246

>>6707223
Top middle and bottom left HNNNGGG

>> No.6707253

>>6706903
That first photo of you sitting on the swing looks like it's straight out of an anime.

>> No.6707273
File: 421 KB, 1920x1200, yuki-nagato.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6706903
Hmm, I'm really a bit unsure about these. I mean it looks cute enough, but I agree with >>6707075
about the smile. You're sort of inbetween a smile in most of these, which makes the overall expression look a little strained. I actually think you have the face and style of a character with a really empty expression such as yuki from haruhi.

>> No.6707278

>>6706903
I fucking love your face. Your eyes are amazing though I can't quite put my finger on why is that.

Love your pics too, and yay sparkles!

>> No.6707299
File: 977 KB, 2560x1600, img065.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mannn. I feel so unkawaii compared to the girls who have posted so far.
uh, I'm considering going for a kobato-inspired look. I took some photos this weekend but none of them turned out very well, so I'm probably redoing my entry based off pic related. is kobato moe, though? I'm not very knowledgeable as far as this theme goes, but I was thinking I could maybe pull off her look given the right sunhat.

>> No.6707306

>>6707299
Looks pretty moe to me.

>> No.6707310

Jesus fuck all the dead eye stares.
lrn2emotion

>> No.6707319

>>6707310
The only post that dared say it how it is.

>> No.6707340

>>6706108
I wish these were better drawn because fuck, dem deformed faces.

>> No.6707337

>>6706595
>girl gamer shirt
>That one can go right in the garbage.

Seriously? "You might have played the game and liked it, but don't ever let people know! If you wear a shirt with something like that it means you're a GURLLL GAMURR"?

>> No.6707350

>>6707337
I think they were referring to the green one that literally says "Girl Gamer", not the Aperture Science one.

>> No.6707353

>>6706595
>confirmed for never having being to /a/

>> No.6707377

>>6706903
fffuuuuck yeah gulpereel. Gurl, u moe as fuck.

>> No.6707412
File: 54 KB, 500x400, 110.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6706560
Sadly, it seems that enough people have made this compliant to me, so I it needs to be address and she can do so privately with me if she would like to enter. She will need to prove her age to me with either a passport or drivers license.

>>6706624
No worries, /a/ already came into the last thread and proceeded to give me an essay on moe, ugh. It would be a fools errand to try and convince that bunch otherwise.

>>6706799
Agreed, but I would rather she send me that information privately, since its sensitive information and I will let you ladies know the verdict. If I have any suspicions, I have very capable judges that can sniff a shop a mile away.

>>6706903
>Dat first picture
:D

>>6707223
>Dat top middle picture
Hnnggggggg! Looking forward to seeing your collage.

>>6707299
Moe approved! Don't worry, even though this is a competition I want you to try and have fun. If you ever need any help, you can ask the thread or shoot me an e-mail.

>> No.6707447

>>6707412
Are you a guy or a girl?

Because, not for nothing, but females judging 'moe' just won't work. I'm not trying to be sexist, but when its females judging females, they're more prone to being subjective. Say there's a girl that's photoshop perfect (without using PS) a "full 10/10" and a tiny bit more homely "8/10". The girl that's judging them is much more likely to relate to the latter, giving her (perhaps without even realizing it) ++pts in her mind, whilst the inherent jealousy will make them see the perfect one more negatively.

That's why in Japan, "moe" competitions are usually judged by the fat otaku fans, whose votes are naturally the most unbiased and pure.

>> No.6707484

>>6707447
>but females judging 'moe' just won't work
>all dat post

I don't think CB is the kind who would give more points because s/he "related to the girl", really. I'm a jelly fatty (except for the fat part) and even I wouldn't do such a thing.

And the "fat otaku fans" would probably either think they are all too tall and not asian enough or just plain say "3D will never be moe" and declare there are no winners.

>> No.6707503

>>6707447
I'm very much a female, with enough experience with Anime/Manga. I grew up with it as a very young child and I happily own 2 storage units just to fit my hobby. If you followed the last contest, you will know that I'm not easily swayed.

I judge fairly, you can ask the other girls. >>6700554
I'm a touch older than some of the ladies here and having a long career in the fashion industry has jaded me to pretty faces. You basically have to bring it to win it. Just being cute isn't going to cut it.

>> No.6707518

>>6707447
bitch please, though I'm not a judge, I consider myself a 2D lesbian. Fuck off if you think girls can't dig anime girls. Them bitches kawaii as fuck.

>> No.6707541

>>6707447
>inherent jealousy
Sorry, that made me laugh. CB is the least jealous person. She's absolutely gorgeous, and being from a modelling background she knows what sort of things she's looking for. She's the fairest judge you could hope for.

>> No.6707573

>>6707518
???

>>6707541
Where do people know her from again?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="curiousbear"
I am genuinely...
curious
*badumts*

>> No.6707599

>>6707573
>http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="curiousbear"
Sorry, I'm not into social media stuff and I don't have or own a private tumblr or anything else. All it took was one bad experience when I was 16 with myspace (Maaaany years ago) and a very serious/life threatening stalker case. Basically, I was scared straight from posting up pictures of myself or any of that jazz. That is one of the reasons why I'm so private and prefer to keep my online life as far away from my real live stuff.

I've been lurking 4chan for many, many years. On a whim (mostly boredom) I briefly entered the Idol contest and sobered up quickly enough to withdraw my entry. A few girls remember me though. Before the holidays (2012), I offered to host a proper contest since most of them turn out to be a disappointment. It was a hit it seems, hence the second one.

Sorry to be disappointing and boring, lol.

>> No.6707606

>>6707599
No fair! Other people actually know what you look like. I'm really curious, too. I was here when the idol contest was going on, but I thought it was creepy/weird from the start and ignored it.

>> No.6707625

>>6707606
I've Skyped with my last judge to discuss winnings and even posted up a timestamp on the FB page briefly to show I was a real person.

European Dad + Caribbean/Native/Asian Mom = Me

>> No.6707631
File: 80 KB, 439x640, watashi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6707253
>>6707278
>>6707377
>>6707223
Ara ara, I am just a seagull! Thank you!

>>6707273
I think there is probably a reason why I didn't feel like doing supa kawaii poses with the peace sign and jumping up an down like a genki child hood friend because I know I'm not good at emoting those kind of things. If people prefer I can try and take some time out and try and go after a more emotionless type girl but for now I am happy with trying for more mojo/Tomoko-chan.

I will slap some more sparkles and kawaii stuff on here and probably send it off. I am pretty happy with it unless someone thinks there is something really off. The difference a tripod makes though.

For a moe inspiration that is more maiden like in terms of outfit and look I would suggest Watashi from Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita.

>> No.6707649

>>6707631
>Ara ara
Okay, gulpereel just stole my heart.

>>6707625
I can't believe I missed it! I'll just have to stalk the page now, haha.

>> No.6707653

>>6707625
You will get a chance to see me. I plan on poking a little fun at myself and posting an moe entry for your entertainment.

>> No.6707777
File: 273 KB, 400x600, so moe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My friend who took my photos just left, and I realized too late I didn't get all the ones I wanted from him.
I'll have to text him to Dropbox me some more of them later.

But here's a preview of my stuff?
I kind of made up a shojo manga story to go with it all heh...high school girl is awkwardly in love for the first time and decides to confess, so on and so forth.

>> No.6707798

>>6707777
Please don't tell me all you have is just this one picture.

>> No.6707811

>>6707798
Obviously not! Like I said, it's a preview - I have dozens more that I need to choose from for my collage.

>> No.6707971

>>6707777
I can't wait to see the finished product, the teaser looks pretty awesome, anon.

>> No.6708026

>>6707777
This looks really good but I am going to say that you have to think about what it just shoujo high school girl and what is moe. The two cross over sometimes but a lot of shoujo romance like Paradise Kiss etc I wouldn't actually call moe. Just something to keep in mind if you are going for more of a serious shoujo look that it won't necessarily be moe.

>> No.6708045

>>6707811
I meant: please don't tell me this is all we get as a preview.

>> No.6708100

>>6707971
Thank you! I got some more picture from my friend, so it's time to narrow them down a bit more!

>>6708026
Oh definitely, while I adore Yazawa Ai stuff, my inspiration was manga like Hot Gimmick (while it deals with "mature" themes, I personally found Hatsumi's personality to be very moe, with her naivity and clumsiness).

>>6708045
Oh haha...maybe I'll post more before I finalize things, but I'm not sure - I'm actually a little nervous about it!

>> No.6708188

I hope my clothes from Taobao come in on time for me to take a photoshoot and upload it.
>Estimated arrival date March 26th-28th.

>> No.6708207

Did we not learn from this the last time when the whole tampon chewing, friend votes from everywhere but here and 16 year olds in a /cgl/ contest became blatant?

Go away and come back when you start mentioning something Lolita or Cosplay related.

>> No.6708217

>>6708207
You look really stupid right now.

>> No.6708222
File: 3 KB, 507x30, tags.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6703569
>the only place this is being discussed is on this board
>not in all of tumblrs tags
>no we don't have to just search for moe kyun or contest

Yeah this is going to be another attention whore who just browses /cgl/ for the praising versus regular morons on Tumblr war.

>> No.6708239

>>6708207
It's like you just missed the entire last year.

I am, however, surprised that Ophelia hasn't whored out her menses-covered face yet.

>> No.6708250

>>6708239
Why yes, I did, because these shit contests are the cancer that's killing everything.

>> No.6708256

>>6708250
oh my god stop whining. you are the reason why we can't have nice things.

>> No.6708259

>>6708188
I will keep my fingers cross for you, I hope they come in on time.

>>6708207
It's very obvious you have no idea what your talking about. This has been going on since Jan, the first contest was J-fashion, the second theme is now cosplaying as OC Moe Kyun character. I bet you just saw someone mention the idol contest and forgot to read anything else in the thread. =/

>>6708222
What are you going on about? I made a FB fan page to post up rules, winnings and finished entries. Then people asked for a Tumblr so they could lurk anonymously. Which I did, because this is a /cgl/ thing. Why would I tag, /cgl/ ? When the girls that have access to this tumblr are seagulls and they already know this is a /cgl/ thing? I have those specific tags to help seagulls quickly sort through this specific Tumblr with ease. Stop trying to make drama.

>> No.6708857

>>6707777
>I kind of made up a shojo manga story to go with it all heh...high school girl is awkwardly in love for the first time and decides to confess, so on and so forth.

I am incredibly excited to see this.

>> No.6708880

>>6707777
That picture looks really fucking good. Hope the rest of them will be killer awesome, I'm dying to see these.

Also, CB, I love you. I don't participate in these for lack of social skills but it's so much fun to watch and it always produce such nice collages from seagulls.

>> No.6708904

>>6708857
Ditto, also morning/good evening Luna. We're getting some pretty awesome test collages, a lot of them are redoing photos. I'm super excited, they really stepped it up this time around.

>>6708880
Thank you for the support. Everyone has been helping each other and really banded together....which says a lot for /cgl/. I cannot wait to see what these ladies come up with. I hope that one day you feel more comfortable and come join in on the fun. Until then, happy lurking.

>> No.6708914
File: 551 KB, 500x643, Lana+Del+Rey.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6706903
you look like a younger Lana del Rey who is interested in japanese stuff

>> No.6708970

>>6706903
>awwwww she looks so cute
>looking carefully at pic 2
>hey wait is that AnK?
>oh my god it is

seriously though this looks real cute and your makeup looks flawless, the only thing I would suggest is try smiling with your eyes more if you don't like doing it physically?

>> No.6709005
File: 244 KB, 1920x1080, 1349559950619.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6708970
Smizing is hard, I think I'm gonna need Tyra to personally come over to my house in the future. Also, I am waiting on my AnK volume 8 right now which is a long, frustrating wait.

>>6708914
Thank you! This is a really nice compliment to wake up to.

>> No.6709010

Hi Seagulls,

I was thinking of putting up a poll once all the collages are in. Would that be something you'd be interested in? The judging rules will stay the same of course. This will just give you an opportunity to vote and interact, I'm curious to see who you like.

>> No.6709036

Good afternoon CB~

The quality of the entries I've seen so far have definitely stepped up, have there been more entrants this time? I for one would be very interested in seeing how the votes match up to the winners.

>> No.6709039

>>6709036
A lot of curious girls, still a touch shy about what to wear (helping them) and a lot of familiar faces. We also have some new girls as well. But the teaser shots we've seen in the thread and a few I had e-mailed to me. I'm really blown away. It's going to be tough.

I think the poll would be a good idea, it would be very interesting to see how things match up.

Whelp, I'm going to catch a few hours of sleep. It's 2:30 am and my old bones need some rest. Have a great afternoon Luna.

>> No.6709044

>>6708914
Looks like a bigger lipped version of Miyu

>> No.6709049

>>6708914
This girl looks nothing like Lana Del Rey. Her nose is way too prominent.

>> No.6709086
File: 55 KB, 500x315, 598324743290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6708970
I had Volume 7 come last week but because of the long ass gap between releases and Yoshihara's disjointed narrative I can't for the life of me remember what happened in Volume 6, I'm going to try and re read them all before Easter break finishes. I hope they won't cock the translation up for 8 as much as they did for 7 though I don't have much faith

Keep going with your smizing though and polite sage for off topic homolust waffle

>> No.6709256

>>6709010
That sounds interesting. You could do a small prize for the fan favorite maybe?

>> No.6709460
File: 202 KB, 400x772, librarianmoe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I request some possible outfit feedback? I kind of want to do a dojikko-librarian entry, but I'm worried my choice might look too... matronly? I'm considering some different pairs of tights/stockings to break up the monotone; aside from the black, I have ivory, plum, and a red in a similar hue/brightness to the turtleneck.

>> No.6709497

>>6709460
the top bit looks a bit too bold, and the contrast of red-blue is too much, it makes your shoulders look a bit big

>> No.6709635

>>6709460
Agreed that your shoulders too large and awkward in this. It looks like the waist on the dress is a bit too low for you also.

>> No.6709646

>>6709460

Are you a boy? It's really hard to make out any shape or features in that...

>> No.6709785
File: 1.39 MB, 1252x866, collage.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So, a lot of my cute clothes/seifuku stuf and 90% of my wigs are still 500 miles away, and I won't be getting them for another few months. I'm trying to make cute outfits with what I have!

I understand we're allowed to do more than one outfit, and I'm thinking seifuku for sure, but I'm not sure about the other outfit(s). Not even sure what to choose for the seifuku, since I also have two blazers and a couple cardigans around. Any suggestions/comments/critiques on these? Mostly confused about what to wear under the cardigan in pic 3. I would wear an outfit under the coats, too, of course. And sorry for the really bad pictures.

>> No.6709788
File: 124 KB, 1280x720, kekekeke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6709256
Perhaps.....

>> No.6709796

>>6709785
The pictures are fine, I can see every clearly. You have some pretty good options. Hmm, you can totally do two outfits, maybe school clothing and out of school clothing. Hmm, I have to think about it a little more. How do you plan on doing your hair?

>>6709460
I agree, the red is too strong of a color. Perhaps something softer? Like a light purple or even a very soft yellow. You could pin the sides of the dress beneath the bust to give you a touch more definition.

>> No.6709816

>>6709785
A blouse/shirt with a tie is the usual route for school uniforms, a regular tie or bowtie would both look cute.

>> No.6709834
File: 2.23 MB, 1124x740, moe_outfits.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hello all! :)

Just wanted to know if i'm heading in the right track when it comes to casual clothing. I am currently trying to find a simple school outfit!

Blue outfit:
- wicker basket
- brown shoes
- white lace ankle socks
- picnic scene/lunch time

Green outfit:
- Cream backpack
- Pink pumps
- Forest walk

:) Thanks for any critic/help!

>> No.6709844

>>6709834
I don't totally love the green jacket, it might look better worn but so far I'm not seeing it. The blue dress looks cute. Belt/scarf depends on the belt and scarf.

I would also be careful with pumps, might edge on a bit too mature/sexy.

>> No.6709851

>>6709785
This is probably a weird comment but you have really cute clothes.

>> No.6709852
File: 222 KB, 290x376, ineedahaircut.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6709816
Hm, maybe I'll look for a regular tie! Thanks.

>>6709796
To be honest, I'm not sure. I normally don't style my hair at all. Pic related. I'm thinking of just curling the bangs in a bit and attempting to do big curls on the bottom. I do have two wigs, though. One is a long dark purple hime cut wig and the other is a long caramel hime cut wig. I personally think I look bad in both, so I'm probably going to stick with my own hair.

>> No.6709849
File: 83 KB, 870x524, shoes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6709844
Oh sorry I meant flat shoes (sort of like the ones pictured but not glittery)

The green jacket is a tight fitting cardigan :)

>> No.6709984

>>6709834
I'm leaning towards the blue dress, very cute and the theme you have planned out sounds ideal for this look.

>>6709852
That would be adorable. Would it be possible for you to at least try on the wigs for a second opinion? You don't have too though, just curious.

>> No.6710044

>>6709834
I love the blue outfit! The green one is nice, too, but the blue one sounds like it would create a cuter image.

>>6709851
Aw, thanks.

>>6709984
Sure, I'll try to get one! I'm in no rush to get my outfits finalized, since I'm still waiting for that huge zit to disappear.

>> No.6710080
File: 1.28 MB, 1280x830, outfitsrundownmagicalgirl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here are my outfit choices for my magical girl character. I was planning on doing the AP witch outfit with either the casual or the meido, but I wanted some feedback. My meido is lavender btw.

>> No.6710470

>>6710080
guuurrrl, that's kawaii as fuck. personally I really like the hoodie from your casual ensemble, but I wonder if maybe a different skirt would look better, the candies embroidery looks a little out-of-place. How are you planning on accessorising?

>> No.6710614

>>6710080
Oh God.
All of this ageplay little girl shit.

>> No.6710616

>>6710080
LOL this was the first thing I saw when browing /cgl/ and it was at the top.
And...how old are you?

>> No.6710618

>>6710614
>>6710616

Samefag, please kill yourself.

>> No.6710620

>>6710618
I meant to write it in the same post, but I had already hit submit. I wasn't trying to make it un-obvious.
Sorry that I don't think that kind of wear is appropriate for a grown woman.

>> No.6710624

>>6710080
Where did you buy the maido outfit? Can you link?

>> No.6710627

>>6706903
You know, I don't think I could ever be a judge to one of these things. I can't focus on the outfit when I think the girl is ugly, so how do you guys do it? I'd be so biased, because this girl is not pretty in any way. I am very precise on what features I like when I see a girl's face, and her nose is just too damn big. I know you can't help it, but are you part black or something?

>> No.6710630

>>6707777
Nice BtSSB socks! Lol noticed the logo!
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Sorry to sound like a creep, but I love your thin legs. I wish I had beautiful thin legs like you!
>tfw large bone structure
>tfw underweight but calves are huge & manly
>tfw my face is so fucking unkawaii

I bet you're beautiful.

>> No.6710633

>>6707777
WAIT... Is that that cheap lingerie that you bought from eBay for like $5 free shipping? j/w because I recognized the skirt and I have the same set.

>> No.6710640

>>6709497
>>6709635
>>6709796

Thanks guys, I'll try to figure out something with what I have! Pinning the dress will probably help a lot (I'm sobbing; it's a 2 Petite and it's still too loose even when layered), but I might end up ditching it entirely in favor of something lighter.

>> No.6710642
File: 84 KB, 250x333, PetitPatisseriePrintTshirt-whitexpink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6710614
>>6710616
Haha I'm old enough to waste almost $200 a piece on pastel bullshit ;D

>>6710470
Yeah, The candies don't really fit the theme(the hoodie does go over them when I wear it). I really love the hoodie as well, but I have a lot of frilly plain skirts I can wear with it to tone the outfit down, as well as a really cute pink and white cutsew. I'll take a picture in a bit, here's the cutsew though.

>>6710624
got mine from cosmates
http://www.cosmates.jp/en/shop/product_info/products_id/31762/
It's actually a pretty fair price.

>> No.6710658

>>6710642
Dif anon, is Cosmates the same as Bodyline? I saw that they sell a lot of Bodyline.

>> No.6710659

>>6710642
>fair price
Bitch I bought the same shit off of Taobao for less than 100yuan (less than $15).

>> No.6710662

>>6710658
Uhh they sell a lot of a different shit. If you actually LOOK through their site, you'd see that they are resellers and major scalpers.

And as >>6710659 said, you can buy the same shit from their original places (and/or taobao) for way cheaper.

>> No.6710671

>>6710659
>>6710662
That's probably true, but I don't really care enough to use taobao for much of anything. If you guys could give a link to the taobao store that would be nice, since it would be good for them to save money. Thanks.

>> No.6710713

>>6710080
omg where are those maid outfits from

>> No.6710799

I think I've got my collage down, but aah kind of nervous about posting the whole thing, because I don't want to let people down...
Thank you for all the kind comments on my preview photo, though!

>>6710630
Yep, have them in white too! But ended up deciding on using the black.
I'm 165cm and usually around 43kg, but I don't own a scale, so I have no clue what I am at the moment. I've got the most ridiculously tiny bone structure, so I've always been underweight and pretty small (width-wise).

>>6710633
Haha no, the skirt is from a Bodyline uniform and the top is from a store in Japan called Honeys.

>> No.6710803

>>6710799
Oh, and I guess I have a couple of questions for Curiousbear:
The dimensions listed on tumblr are the minimum for the collage, right? Is there a max?
And is there a minimum or maximum amount of photos allowed for the collage?

>> No.6710862

>>6710799
POSSSSSSST IT!

Please? Pretty please?

>> No.6710935

>>6710803
>You are allowed up to 6 photos in your collage. You must include a face shot and full body shot, those are mandatory. You may pose however you want for the remaining shots.

The minimum dimensions for the collage is just to ensure that no one makes their collage too small. Is there a max? Not really, just don't make it too big I suppose.

>> No.6710943

>>6710935
Ah, for whatever reason I missed that portion (or in reality, read it and forgot about it later).
Thanks for answering!

>>6710862
I will at some point! It still needs some tweaking until I'm totally happy with it, though, and I'm the type that hates showing people unfinished work...

>> No.6711378

>>6710943
Please post it!

>> No.6711460

>>6711378
This man has his dick between his hands

>> No.6711544

>>6711460
Nah. I'm just another contestant who wants to see what others are doing.

>> No.6712461
File: 674 KB, 850x863, screeen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have good examples of older girls or full-grown women doin' it right? I know Yukari was posted in the last thread, but I'd like some extra reference. I'm feeling a little discouraged. I went out and took some more photos yesterday, but I'm starting to think I should have gone for a more aggressively cute style. ._.
My features are maybe a little mature for that, though--feels like a school uniform or something in pastels would look too juvenile. I know I probably ought to retake the fullbody for the mint sweater coordinate in a different environment; the floor in my room is a tad too dark to catch any details on the shoes. If anyone has any feedback, I'd really appreciate it.

>> No.6712466

>>6712461
H-holy shit you look so much like Gillian Jacobs I am human spaghetti

>> No.6712500

>>6712461
I think if you work out something similar to the two pics on the right (top & bottom, the ones with the hat) you can get something really nice resembling old school shoujo characters. I can't quite explain but I think you can picture what I'm talking about.

>> No.6712509

>>6712461
You look strangely familiar....

...but, other than that, no, fully grown women can never be moe. Maybe Alizee can, or however you spell her name.

>> No.6712545

>>6712461
I think you look really cute in the top right picture. I agree with >>6712500 that the sunhat look gives you an oldschool shoujo look, and you should try to work with that, maybe. Though I feel like I see them wear strappy heeled sandals rather than shoes. Just a suggestion!

>> No.6712568

>>6712466
A-aw, shucks, anon. <3
You're going to ruin me with your flattery.

>>6712500
I like this idea a lot; old-school shoujo is one of my favorite genres. (dem sparkly eyes!)

>>6712509
I was in the last contest. Maybe that's why? Also, I just looked up who Alizee is. Holy mother of god, that lady has a beautiful smile. Thank you for the recommendation.

>>6712545
Aah, I never even considered sandals; it's been too cold this week. Thanks for the idea--definitely should've thought of that to bring out a 'spring' atmosphere. Maybe tomorrow it'll be warmer. I'll try to get out and take more pictures.

>> No.6712816

>>6712509
Also, Audrey Hepburn, the eternal moe in 3D.

>> No.6713639

Of course the day I want to go take photos, it starts snowing again. Hope you guys don't mind snow photos. Well, I suppose that makes the choice for me of which seifuku to wear. Winter it is!

>> No.6713645

>>6713639
That don't look like no photos to me.

>> No.6713647

>>6713639
Snow is kawaii.

>> No.6713659

>>6713645
That's because I haven't taken them yet

>>6713647
It might be kawaii but it limits the amount of photos I can get. Both me and my sister (who is playing the part of photographer for me) feel the cold really badly.

On the plus side, I suppose this means it doesn't really matter what my shoes look like, on the grounds that the snow is so thick you probably won't see them.

>> No.6713852
File: 35 KB, 571x654, avatar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6712461

I've spent some time trying to think of your features and I think one of the prominent things about your striking look is you have high angular cheeks - it's part of what makes you so strikingly beautiful in a mature way.

I'm not a makeup expert, but there must be some tutorials you can find on how to minimize the effect of them if you're trying for a more moe cute style.

Also I agree that you make hats look great.

>> No.6713884

>>6712461
you kinda remind me of Scarlett Johansson, especially in the bottom-center photo

>> No.6714364

>>6713852
This is what I was thinking, too.
I'm experimenting with some different styles of blusher right now à la Misako; we'll see how it works out. Unfortunately I have to work today so I didn't get a chance to take more photos; maybe sometime over the weekend.
also I love your kitty's moustache.

>>6713884
Woah, thank you. That's pretty high praise.
I don't see the resemblance, personally, but
You've given me something to aspire to. ;-;

>> No.6714540
File: 31 KB, 717x448, buruma.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are bloomer moe?

>> No.6714551

>>6714540
YES

>> No.6714582

>>6714540
none except porn stars wears bloomers now. They quit being part of the standard gym uniform in the 80s.

Is that chick a gravure idol?

>> No.6714602
File: 14 KB, 339x500, 292a803b926290924df67ff13c7ebe5c.image.339x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6714582
And anime character! But yeah that girl is probably a gravure idol. But gravure idols are moe so technically I guess bloomer are moe.

>> No.6714656

Hi ladies,

Sorry for my absence. For the last week I've been struggling with a fever that I just cannot kick. I will try to catch up in thread today and provide any advice I can. I won't be on too long, since I feel absolutely dreadful.

Once this contest is over, I will be on hiatus for a little bit. Sadly, Korea does not have the medical facilities to treat me properly. So I will be going back home to get the proper care I need to recover.

>>6710943
Anytime. =)

>>6712461
I don't think adding my two cents will do much, looks like the ladies in this thread have you covered.

>>6714540
It can be, you just have to be careful with certain body types.

>> No.6714687

>>6714540
Now I kind of want to wear my bloomers for my pictures... when I was in high school I had to wear something really similar anyway (gym knickers) but I don't know if it's a bit sketchy.

>> No.6714701

>>6714687
That depends on which contestant you are. If you're one of the cute skinny ones, wear them.

>> No.6714745

>>6714656
Oh no, I hope you feel better soon!

>> No.6715080

>>6714687
I agree with >>6714701, but if you are skinny with a lot of curves, like nice hips and a pretty round/big ass, don't do it. Only do it if you have the body of a 10 year old, basically -- and it would be cute.

>> No.6716092

>>6714701
>>6715080
Agreeing. Although I think the only girls that can pull off bloomers are Hester and Aeliami, so if you have a body type and cute young face like them, it'll probably be ok.

>>6714656
Feel better soon CB, don't push yourself too hard. Sounds like a rough illness.

>> No.6716118

>>6714582
requoting
>none except porn stars wears bloomers now.

>> No.6716145

>>6716092
Pics of Hester and Aeliami?
Wow I sound creepy as hell

>> No.6716147
File: 84 KB, 960x590, Aeliami.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6716145
Aeliami

>> No.6716151

>>6716145
and Hester is >>6701642 and >>6707223

>> No.6716235

>>6716147
Woah she's a real cutie, I'm kinda disappointed if that's her entry tho, it looks good but it's a bit generic/bland, she has potential tho, and I'm really jelly of dem long legs, how tall is she?
Who are the other contestants? Apart from Hester, Gulper eel, and that pretty looking anon

>> No.6716242

>>6714364
>also I love your kitty's moustache.

<3

>> No.6716305

>>6716235
It's from the last contest. No idea if she's even entering this one or not.

>> No.6716373

>>6716305
>No idea if she's even entering this one or not.
oh, seen as >>6716092 said
>I think the only girls that can pull off bloomers are Hester and Aeliami
I thought that she had already entered the competition

>> No.6716407

Wow thinking of entering this, seems like fun. I'm kind of on my own with self timer and a tripod though. Any tips for posing?

>> No.6716736

>>6716407
Take lots of photos so you can pick the best ones. Also do a lot of poses so you can see which work best. Since you don't have someone telling you if what you're doing is working, you're going to need to try lots of different things. Other than that, it's pretty much just normal tips for posing. Practice in front of a mirror. If you have a full length mirror, that's best because you can see how your body looks too.

>> No.6716786

I need help with moe poses! Is there list of commonly used moe poses?

>> No.6716793
File: 112 KB, 375x563, anime-moe_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6716786
Depends on the style of moe you're going for I suppose. Are you going for a shy or outgoing type? Young or slightly more mature type? Cat girl? School girl? Glasses?

>> No.6716795

>>6716786
check SOL anime art
or shoujo manga art
where have you been living until now?

>> No.6716874

I was going for tsundere younger school girl type.

>> No.6716875

>>6716874
So you'll want to pose like you're annoyed or flustered most of the time.

>> No.6716895
File: 164 KB, 1023x659, tsundere.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6716874

>> No.6717336
File: 2.16 MB, 2500x1500, collage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alrighty, biting the bullet and posting my collage!

>初恋 (Hatsukoi/First Love)
>Part One:
17-year-old Eri is a typical high school student, in all but one aspect: she's never been in love. But when transfer student Ren Tanaka enters her 3rd year class, she feels those butterflies for the very first time and decides it's finally time to confess! Will he return her feelings??

>Part Two:
By some stroke of luck, Tanaka-kun agreed to a date! But rumors soon start flying that he was known at his old school for being the ultimate playboy. If the rumors are true, will his attitude toward love crush Eri's naive optimism?

And a translation of the Japanese portions on my collage, from left:
"I like Tanaka-kun. It's my first love!"
"Finally we're going on a date!"
"But I'm a little worried..."
"Is Tanaka-kun really a player??"
"What should I do..."

>> No.6717704

>>6717336
Ahh, too cute!

>> No.6717709

>>6717336
The photos of you in the dress would be really cute if the lighting wasn't overexposed

>> No.6717724

>>6717704
Thank you!

>>6717709
Yeah you can kind of figure out which ones my friend sent me later (and therefore didn't have time to edit lighting himself) haha. I don't have photoshop and I'm not a pro like him (literally - he does work for newspapers and magazines), so my editing work isn't as productive.
(doesn't help that Colorado sunshine is extremely strong!)

>> No.6717884

>>6717336
Quite cute, I love the first shot. But er, just out of curiosity, are the ink splats on the background meaningful or necessary? They make the collage look a bit messy.

>> No.6717976

>>6717884
Thank you!
The idea was to make it look like something out of a diary or journal - hence the paper look and the doodles.

>> No.6718087

New thread, anyone? I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure what should be included in the first post.

>> No.6718114

>>6718087
yes new thread please

>> No.6720993

>>6718114
NEW THREAD!! >>6720991