[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 26 KB, 300x300, Comic-Con-Logo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6696781 No.6696781 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone here going to SDCC?
What're your plans? Doing any cosplay? Excited about any particular peeps?

>> No.6696822

I'll be pretending to be there. I've set up my house to emulate the convention center. I've printed out pictures of every guest and have them all tapped to the walls. Set up a gaming station with the new ps4 ( more like ps3 with 4 tapped on it), im dressing up my dog as a cosplayer and plan on having a photoshoot.

Wish i had the chanceto purchase a ticket to the real sdcc.

>> No.6696887

>>6696822
Lol can I come? Couldn't get a ticket to the real thing either

>> No.6696950

I have two extras. I should have bought more.

>> No.6696953

I was one of the people who clicked the ticket link at 9 AM exactly, so I got a low number in line and never advanced. I sent in my screenshot, so I'm hoping there are enough tickets in the resale that my "special invite" will somehow make a difference. If not, I'm going to be super disappointed because I'll have to either buy from a scalper or not go at all. :(

On a more positive note, I guess, how did the hotel sale go for those of you with tickets? I didn't even bother trying...

>> No.6696956

I ended up lucking out. I clicked the link exactly at 9AM and got a blank white page. My boyfriend was trying to get tickets as well so I decided to take a chance and refresh my page just in case it would do anything. And I ended up on the log in page for my SDCC ID info and bought tickets for me and all my friends.

>> No.6696984

Downtown San Diego is fun to be at during SDCC even if you dont have a ticket. Lots of companies are hosting more things outside the convention center like in parks, parking lots, renting out buildings in Gaslamp etc to host lounges, galleries or events. There are even stages set up for contests, talk-backs, interviews etc.

Lots to do in San Diego if you're pretty close, don't have a ticket and just want to hang out downtown with the industry and nerds.

You dont need a badge or anything to explore Gaslamp stuff. the "unofficial" convention is getting bigger in it's 3rd year.

>> No.6696985

so basically if your friends got tickets and you didn't, or you only have a single day badge, you should still come out to San Diego and party hard.

>> No.6700510

How many times does this Con come a year? I always see OPs picture popping every now and then

>> No.6700529

>>6696985
Absolutely. I spent equal amount of times in con center and in the city last year. There is so much to do and see. There were also events like the Adventure Time art gallery and the like being held OUT of the convention center.

>> No.6700533

I have almost all days except for Saturday, is there going to be a resale any time soon? And is it easy to sneak in for only 1 day?

>> No.6700550

>>6700510
Once a year in July. But it's a huge industry convention in the US. According to wiki, it's the largest comic book convention in the US and third largest in the world(Behind Comiket in Japan with over half a million people and Angoulême International Comics Festival in France with 200,000 people.)