[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 29 KB, 458x360, How-To-Apply-Eye-Makeup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6687734 No.6687734 [Reply] [Original]

Make-up general?

To get the ball rolling:
>Eyebrow tips?
>Your favorite foundation?
>Your daily routine?
>Your routine for lolita or cosplay?

Pics and charts loved!

>> No.6687740 [DELETED] 

Every night I rub my boyfriend's jizz on my face. It's the best moisturizer.

>> No.6687846
File: 352 KB, 1263x676, routine.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My routine.
I'm looking for a good primer for combo/oily skin. What do you guys use?

>> No.6687851

>>6687846
I use Murad's Oil Control as a moisturizer/primer/spf combo, it's actually great as a primer and definitely has a mattifying effect

>> No.6688027

>>6687734
>>Eyebrow tips?
Fill them in with WnW's Taupe eyebrow pencil and brush it out to blend. I usually don't go for much of an arch because supposedly it makes you look younger.
>>Your favorite foundation?
currently using Isa Knox BB cream, haven't tried anything that's made me feel spectacular and smooth yet.
>>Your daily routine?
Moisturizer + sunscreen, if I wake up early enough, add on eyebrows and concealer
>>Your routine for lolita or cosplay?
Moisturizer, BB cream, concealer, eyebrows, falsies, blush, bronzer, highlighter, powder, lips, pack a lot of oil absorbing sheets because fuck Texas and its humid weather.

>> No.6688034
File: 114 KB, 200x200, 1363052035150.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6687846
>Cetaphil and Clinique
Muh nignog.

>> No.6688135

I've posted in two threads now and haven't gotten an answer.

Is smashbox makeup for foundation any good? I need a new foundation, mac studio fix is too clumpy and powdery looking. I have very pale skin, about average skin. Not really shiny, not that red, not many pimples... pores aren't that noticeable...

suggestions on smashbox? And which one should I get?

>> No.6688442
File: 52 KB, 413x360, The-Evil-Queen-in-black.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey /cgl/
I'm looking for a tutorial on how to do very dramatic make-up. I don't have a whole lot of experience, so the more detailed the better.
Cosplay I'm doing is Regina (evil queen) from Once Upon A Time....any suggestions?

>> No.6688447

Urban Decay, anyone..?

I do a basic pin-up look with my makeup, personally.
Urban Decay has heaaaaavenlyyy eyeliner (in my opinion lul) and lipstick.

>> No.6688469

>>6688442
Google stage and television make-up. They are different, but both produce dramatic results. Be prepared to cover yourself in a cake of make-up, though.

>> No.6688480
File: 97 KB, 320x245, 14l095w.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I posted this I think yesterday with no results so why not ask again.

I want to look like Skipper Roberts. To be specific, I want to look like a moody 60s pre-teen doll. I have a young face but not that young, I'm 26 and depending on who you ask it's anywhere from 12 (I think those people are crazy) to 23.

Are there tutorials or tips out there that. for the lack of a better term. make you look like jail bait? I'm looking for more on what colors I should and shouldn't use as well as how to contour my face to more look like say Lily Cole in playboy.

>> No.6688553

>>6688469
Really what I'm hoping to find is a dramatic eye make up tutorial, the rest (foundation, lips, etc..) I think I have covered.

>> No.6688564

>>6688480
Just wondering because I see people use this term a lot, but do seagulls just not understand what jailbait is? Because if you want to look like jailbait, you're saying you want to look like 18. Jailbait is someone who is younger than the legal age, but physically looks older and therefore you can mistake them for someone who is old enough.

>> No.6688567
File: 103 KB, 500x375, sparkles.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are there any tricks to putting on liquid eyeliner?

I never wear makeup except in cosplay, and this is the first time I've ever put on eyeliner (with the intent of other people seeing it).
I'm doing liquid because I can't get pencils to draw evenly.

>> No.6688572

>>6688480
Lolita/Doll makeup tutorials should help.

>> No.6688573

>>6688567
Just need a good liner in general. I use physican's formula liquid/felt tip eyeliner. It's glorious. I can draw in a straight thin line and even full it in thick if I want to. $12 at target. I love inexpensive, but great make up.

>> No.6688580

>>6688567
>I'm doing liquid because I can't get pencils to draw evenly.

I have this same problem and I find that a brush + gel/cream liner works really well for me. I just need to use a pencil for my waterline.

>> No.6688590

>>6688447
I'm considering getting the Urban Decay Naked set, but I'm so used to buying cheap drug store tat that the price seems steep. Do you know if it's any good/worth the investment?

I want to get better at natural make up. I still look like I'm wearing it at the moment when I just want a clean, natural looking face.

>> No.6688618

>>6688590
My friends and I live by Urban Decay.
I for one find their stuff to me amazing and long lasting.

So, in my opinion, it is definitely worth it.

>> No.6688629

Hey /cgl/
I'm looking for a powder foundation with high coverage that doesn't look cakey.
Any suggestions? I really don't know where to start. I'm extremely pale, for the record.

>> No.6688646

Right now, I just use the L'oreal True Match mineral powder foundation, but I'm looking for a good affordable BB cream appropriate for combination skin to start using whenever pictures are going to be involved, because as much as I love mineral foundation, it just doesn't always hold up for pictures.

>Your daily routine?
Neutrogena 35 spf moisturizer for sensitive skin, L'oreal True Match mineral concealer as needed. Some days I can get away with no concealer, and I don't wear eye makeup on a daily basis because I have glasses (also I'm lazy).

Same moisturizer, L'oreal liquid concealer as needed, L'oreal mineral foundation, some random blush, Urban Decay eye makeup, and Maybelline mascara.

I try to keep it pretty light and natural.

>> No.6688645

I'm pretty new to make-up so this might be a stupid question, but whenever I use eyeliner (pencil) it always starts "leaking" out a little as the day progresses. Is there any way to stop this?

>> No.6688650

>>6688564
I've always kind of viewed the term as anywhere between being very young and appearing to be older (such as a 15 year old dressing/looking like a 20 year old) OR as a very young person who is so smokin that you would risk going to jail to bang.

>> No.6688651

>>6688618
Urban Decay is the shit. All of my eye makeup (excluding mascara) are from them, and I love it. Their eyeliner and primer are especially good.

>> No.6688654
File: 63 KB, 650x439, Maybelline-Eye-Studio-Lasting-Drama-Gel-Eyeliner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Best eyeliner out there?
Personally I'm a fan of this stuff, Maybeline Eye Studio, it stays on all day without smudging and is super easy to apply to both top and bottom.
I'd love to hear some other favorites though.

>> No.6688658

Anyone have any makeup tips to help me look a little older/more mature?
I'm getting really sick of getting stopped at work and asked "what are you, 12? Don't they have child labor laws?"
I don't think I look that young for my age but apparently some rude customers do

>> No.6688663

>Eyebrow tips?
Even trimming your eyebrows can give your face a whole different look without the pain of plucking or waxing.
Urban Decay Naked <3
>Your daily routine?
moisturizer+sunscreen+foundation/other makeup
>Your routine for lolita?
basically the same thing, maybe some more glitter.

>> No.6688664

>>6688629
have you tried mineral makeup? Its the only thing I can think of that won't be cakey for coverage. Usually powder isn't for full coverage though, you have to go liquid.

>> No.6688673

>>6688654
Really? I might have oily eyelids because that didn't last all day, and it was a little difficult to get on... I loved the colours though.

I love Maybeline's Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner. I do the cat eye really frequently, and I find this to be the best for me.
Also, I leave make-up in my black car for a long time, and this one has proven not to get nasty and gross.

>> No.6688677

>>6688673
Do you have any tips for a cat's eye? I have such problems getting them even.

>> No.6688681

>>6688480
why the fuck was lily cole in playboy wtf

>> No.6688739

>Eyebrow tips?
Use a matte brown eyeshadow that matches your eyebrow/haircolor, fill in your eyebrows using the powder with a thin/slanted brush. I found a powder from Maybelline that is actually made for brows, and I really love it (and the brush it comes with.)
Illamasqua Skin Base in White w/ Pink Undertones. It's heavy and not very natural looking, but it is the perfect mixer to get other foundations as pale as I need them to be.
>Your daily routine?
Oh boy.
Morning: Moisturizer (Neutrogena); Maybelline yellow concealer under my eyes; Smashbox concealer anywhere else that needs it; foundation, which is usually a mix of:
MAC Face and Body in White
Skinfood Peach Sake BB Cream
Illamasqua Skin Base
Flower (by Drew Barrymore)
depending on how light/heavy I want my makeup to be that day. Then e.l.f. tone correcting powder in cool, Covergirl powder in ivory, Covergirl blush in classic pink, pink eyeshadow (can't remember the brand ffs), e.l.f. pen eyeliner in brown or black, Maybelline clump crusher mascara, Revlon volumizing mascara, chapstick and then a lip gloss/balm.

At night, I use Neutrogena makeup removing cloths, simple (I think it's Neutrogena) face cleanser, Burt's Bees sensitive night cream, and more chapstick.

If anyone has questions about makeup for pale skin, I can generally answer them. :3

>> No.6688746

>Using makeup

bunch of whores

>> No.6688758

>>6688135
I haven't ever tried Smashbox's foundation, but I do like their concealer, and it's quite pale. But usually concealer shades are lighter than foundation.. so I'm not sure if it would be light enough. Try going to makeupalley to see if there's any good reviews, or try to find some by just searching the product name and shade number.

If you want suggestions on pale foundations that might suit your average skintone, I can offer some. Illamasqua has white and white/pink foundations that you can use mixed with others to get the right color. I liked MUFE's Mat Velvet foundation for a while, but you might find it too drying if your skin isn't oily.
Um something else I might suggest is Missha BB cream in #13. It's very light and iirc fit my skintone fine, but I didn't like it enough to repurchase. (Then again, I am always changing up my foundation routine.)

>> No.6688768

So I know that each make up company tends to be better at some aspects than others, that in mind any one have good suggestions for lip colors?

I'm still building my make up supplies, I have a few nice shades from Benefit but they have a pretty limited color pallet (or did last time I bought some)

>> No.6688781
File: 265 KB, 1227x1600, lily cole playboy 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6688681

Because she's a beautiful woman who has the ability to strip and get paid for it.

>> No.6688829

>>6687734
>Eyebrow tips?
No real tips. I just have super thick, long black eyebrows. I trim them and pluck.
I just use Maybelline BB cream. I don't like how thick other BB creams are and a lot of them make me break out. I don't need a lot of coverage, either. I do want to use one that lightens the skin, though.
>Your daily routine?
1. Olay toner
2. Target brand moisturizer with SPF
3. Retinol cream for under eyebags.
4. Tinted lip balm.
5. Maybelline BB cream.
Usually it ends here, but when I do wear makeup:
6. Cover up on under eye bags.
7. Liquid eyeliner using felt tip pen type
8. Eyeshadow along bottom lash line
9. Clear eyelash mascara + regular mascara on top
All the same as above except add false eye lashes, circle lenses, and maybe putting on BB cream a little thicker.

>> No.6688832

>>6688673
The only time I have a problem with it getting messed up is when I rub it with my fingers on accident, other than that, it stays on all day.

>> No.6688835
File: 43 KB, 320x240, the mummy ardeth bay.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6688442
dat lace

>> No.6688839

>>6688480
what is with the boob color

>> No.6688838

>>6688480
>jail bait
wait a minute, doesn't jail bait mean that you're young but you look older than your age?

>> No.6688853

>>6688838
wikipedia says
>Jailbait, or Johnny bait, is slang[1] for a minor who is younger than the legal age of consent for sexual activity, but physically mature enough to be mistaken for an adult, with the implication that a non-deviant older person might find them sexually attractive.[2]
As the legal age of consent varies by country and jurisdiction, the age at which a person can be considered "jailbait" varies. For example, in the United Kingdom, the age of consent is 16,[3] and so the term is used to refer to those younger than 16.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg

>> No.6688861

>>6688658
If you put on too much makeup, it makes you look immature (like a 12 year-old passing for an 18 year-old).

I guess just play around with different styles, focusing most on your eyes and lips. But if you have a young face, there's only so much you can do.

>> No.6688868

>>6688861
Oh, and also eyebrows. Unkempt/light eyebrows will definitely make you look younger.

>> No.6688908

>>6688447
>24/7 eyeliner
hell yes
honestly it's by far the best I've tried. I tend to stick to drugstore/cheap shit, because I am poor and can't really tell the difference, but this is absolutely justified.

>> No.6688918

>>6688629
I really like nars's powder foundation in Siberia. It's pretty expensive, but very finely textured and it matches my skin tone exactly (very pale with slightly yellow undertones).

>> No.6688928

>>6688918
I tried their Siberia liquid foundation in stores, and it was too dark and yellowy for me. Is the powder foundation lighter?

>> No.6688935

>>6688447
My only complaint with the 24/7 eyeliner in perversion is that it needs to be sharped constantly and it never sharpens very nicely. I feel like I've wasted a lot of pencil getting it into shape.

>> No.6688962
File: 143 KB, 500x700, gordon-ramsay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6688658
try lookin at different makeup looks on models with babby faces

>> No.6688984
File: 6 KB, 244x207, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6688781
I have no idea who this is but she really looks like Kathy Geiss from 30 rock

>> No.6689000

>>6688996
*probably not very much lighter, woops

>> No.6688996

>>6688928
I don't really know, but probably very much lighter, sorry. If it's too yellow that's not going to go away either, maybe try looking for something with pink undertones? Dainty doll's was too pink for me but it might work for you... sorry I couldn't be more helpful :)

>> No.6689007

>>6688739
do you have any reccs for a standalone bb cream that doesn't have whitening stuff in it? missha 13 is what everybody always recommends, but it whitens your skin, and even if I wanted that it'd freak me out

>> No.6689017

>Your daily routine?
I've been sick in bed for a week and rarely wear makeup, so I've been lazy lately. When I do though:
1. In the morning I just rinse my face with cold water and use cetaphil moisturizer.
2.Apply Missha's M Perfect as foundation, add Skin79 with moisturizer as concealer ( works surprisingly well ). 3. Fill in my brows
4. K-Palette liquid eyeliner
5. Sweep eyeshadow partially along bottom lash line
6. Curl lashes and add mascara

>> No.6689026
File: 68 KB, 500x493, charming_lolita_07_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6688480
One thing i've noticed that seemed to be a 'trend' in the 60s, and makes you appear younger, is a subtle line of blusher, bronzer or even lipstick on the tip of the nose. It makes the nose appear more snub/upturned and less defined, i guess, making for a younger look. Its hard to explain, but if you watch movies from the 50s and 60s you will notice this technique. Marilyn Monroe did it too.

>> No.6689031

>Eyebrow tips?
if you mess up don't try and fix them. wipe off the makeup and start over.
right now Kat Von D's, just because it's thick enough that i don't need anything other than it.
>Your daily routine?
primer
primer
foundation on foundation brush for face
foundation on concealer brush for small areas
powder
contour, highligh, blusher
eye shadows- anywhere between 2 and 8 colours depending
eyeliner
eyebrows
set eyebrows
lip makeup - anywhere between 1 and 4 products depending
curl lashes (sometimes)
mascara - anywhere between 1 and 3 types
set makeup (sometimes)
that but with false eyelashes

>> No.6689164

>>6689031
I'm glad I'm not the only person who has more than one product for each makeup type (mascara ect.)

>> No.6689172

So, my foundations are too thin/sheer and I need some recommendations for foundation with better coverage?

I own a few different foundations, but the ones that are pale enough to match my skintone are too sheer and the ones that are thick enough are too dark/orange.

So, good foundations for pale skin?

>> No.6689176

>>6689172

Don't know why I put a question mark at the end of the first sentence.

>> No.6689204

>>6689172
I really like the fresh liquid one and they have a ton of pale shades.

>> No.6689225

i never do my eyebrows but i want to learn how
really scared to pluck and trim on my own though because if i mess up i'll have weird eyebrows for a while. i've gotten away with it because my natural eyebrows look decent but yeah.. i know i could be cuter.

any tips for doing them yourself for the first time?

>> No.6689233

>>6689225

Plucking and trimming is easy-peasy, but it will probably take a while for you to get confident with it.

I don't have any tutorials for you, but if you could post a picture of your face then people could assist you in finding a shape that suits your face best.

Do you already use an eyebrow brush? Do you know how to trim your eyebrows with nail scissors?

>> No.6689246

>>6689172
Illamasqua. Heavy coverage, super pale (actually white.)

>> No.6689243

I was thinking of buying some MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream from K WAVE USA on Amazon. Anyone know if they're legit? I get so nervous when buying BB cream.

>> No.6689255

Does anyone have experience with Tom Ford makeup? I'm considering getting their lipstick and primer.

>> No.6689278

>>6689225
I personally go to a professional to get them done the first time so they are shaped nicely, then I can just keep it tidy myself.

>> No.6689303
File: 806 KB, 858x900, brows.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6689225
>>6689233
Not that anon, but I have the same problem. I have no idea how I should pluck/trim my eyebrows.

>> No.6689319

>>6689303
They look good already. I hate when girls fuck with their eyebrows too much or at all really. I think your eyebrows looks pretty perfect to be honest.

>> No.6689321

>>6689303
They look nice. Thicker brows are popular at the moment and to be honest they look so much better than thinner, overplucked brows. It gives your face a much more youthful look.

>> No.6689323

>>6689303
I'd say you mostly need to make them start earlier, aligned with your nostrils.

>> No.6689334

Tips for how to take away focus from fine lines under the eyes?
My usual routine is to not put any makeup whatsoever on them since that's all I can think of... But no matter what, the lines are pretty visible.

I can't even use white/cream eyeshadow to highlight my inner corners anymore because the lines stem from those corners and the makeup just seeps in and makes everything more prominent.

That and my black eyemakeup from my top lid/mascara always seems to transfer down to my bottom lid, even if I use primer. Is there something else I could be doing?

>> No.6689338

>>6689303
All you need to do is keep up the shape and fill your brows in, don't fuck with them or you'll look like a chola

>> No.6689379
File: 71 KB, 444x169, 43782.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know how to do really mean-looking eye makeup for cosplay? I have pretty round-shaped eyes and find it hard to make my eyes look bitchy (besides squinting... which sometimes makes me look afraid instead). I tried extending the top lid eyeliner outwards but it ended up making me look like a deer in the headlights no matter what expression. Pic is crop from a webcam

>> No.6689415

Asked this in the last thread but was hoping for some more opinions, any suggestions for a good waterproof volumizing mascara?

>> No.6689631

>>6688480 here

>>6688838
I said 'for lack of a better term' because I knew jail bait was wrong but I didn't know what to use. Lolita on this boar kinda means something else lol

>>6688681
It's french playboy so it's totally ok

>>6689026
I'll make not of that. Also that photo ugh <3

>> No.6689655

>>6689319
Thank you!

>>6689321
Alright that works then. Thanks.

>>6689323
I dont wanna do that, it might make my nose look wider.

>>6689338
haha alright thank you!

>> No.6689660

>>6689334
use a primer under the eyes and use a corrector/concealer? I'm not too good with fine lines, but check out gossmakeupartist on youtube and see his fine lines stuff, i think it will help

>> No.6689670
File: 17 KB, 325x393, browshaping.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6687846
How is the Revlon concealer? I'm always looking for decent drugstore kinds but haven't had luck yet.

>>6688677
Dif anon, even in what way? Thickness or length? With length you can just make a small dot for where you want the cat eye to end and then draw it. For thickness... just practice. A lot of being good at eyeliner is just practice.

>>6689303
Image related, general brow shaping guide. For you I think your brow shape is fine, what you want to do is a get a filler so that they look fuller. They seem a bit sparse. Also what >>6689323 said, especially if you want your nose to look slimmer. The guide is just a guide after all.

>>6689379
Post a better pic, from the front, neutral lighting Bangs out of your face. Only thing I can recommend is to make the liner on the outer corner thicker as it will give the illusion of an arched eye. Otherwise, try changing the definition of your brows. There is a reason why the Evil Queen looks evil, and it has a lot to do with the arch of her brows.

>>6689415
I have great preference for Maybelline's Falsies. I've been using Lancome's Hyponse Doll Lashes lately and it's not bad, but not waterproof. Doesn't give as much volume as Falsies though.

>> No.6689689

>>6689415
I've started using Boujois Paris's Black Jack mascara which is brilliant for volumising. It has tiny light-reflecting gold particles in it (not actual gold I think it's ridiculously small glitter) which make your lashes and your eyes look fabulous.
It's not a waterproof formula but I've cried and walked in the rain while wearing it and it didn't turn me into a panda.

>> No.6689699

>>6688567
Liquid was much harder to learn to get it straight/not make it look like I did it in a moving vehicle, but after a few years, I'm able to do it much faster and it looks much better.

>> No.6689741

>>6689243
buy it from ebay - rubyruby76

I don't trust makeup from Amazon. I've heard of people buying Super+ off Amazon and having it burn, jfc.

>> No.6689748

>>6688567
Just watch youtube tutorial videos and practice a lot in private so you'll eventually get it right for when you've woken up late for class or have to hurry up to an event. I eventually got better?

>>6689303
You have soft eyebrows, which is really lucky! I get my eyebrows threaded since I would probably pluck them crooked if I tried by myself.

>Your daily routine?
Clinique moisturizer, BB cream (Missha, Liole, or Maybelline aka whatever I'm feeling), concealer under the eyes, eyeshadow, black eyeliner pencil on top lids, mascara, lip gloss, and blush if I have time.

>> No.6689765

>>6689670
if you pluck them more in the center, your nose will look wider, not slimmer.

>> No.6689770

>>6689670
>How is the Revlon concealer? I'm always looking for decent drugstore kinds but haven't had luck yet.
Its alright. It works fine but doesnt "wow" me.

>> No.6689792

Has anyone bought eye shadow micas from TKB trading?

I've never bought them, and I know that you need to mix it up with a few other things in order to make it suitable on eyes. So, general review on their stuff?

>> No.6689839

>>6689031
I quite like the KVD foundation, though it seems to have been out of stock in Sephora for most of the shades.

>> No.6689850

>>6688768
people seem to go crazy over revlon in terms of drugstore lip makeup

>> No.6689904

>>6687846
from my experience clinique's coverage is shit
Too Faced oil-free primer

>> No.6689918

>Eyebrow tips?
I wish I knew. I'm here to look for some. Eyebrows are one of the things I'm clueless about when it comes to make-up.

Clinique - Even Better

>Your daily routine?
1. Eyes
>Urban Decay Eyelid primer
>Urban Decay's "Sin" over whole lid
>Urban Decay's "Last Call" in crease
>Urban Decay's "Busted" in corner of eye
>Urban Decay's "Maui Wowie" along the inside corner of eye
>Benefit's Waterproof eyeliner in wingtip style
>Benefit's "Yes, They're Real" Mascara on top (HHRRRNG BEST MASCARA EVER!)
>Clinique's Bottom lash mascara on bottom

2. Base
>Clinique - Even better all over face
>Benefit - Erase Paste on under eye circles and just bellow brows
>Benefit - Boi~ing on any discoloration

3. Color/Highlighting
>Pink's bronzer all over face (Or Benefit's Dallas in the summer)
>Benefit's "Dandelion" on cheeks (Or Benefit's "Coralista" in the summer)
>Benefit's "Watt's Up" on cheek bones

4. Lips
>Benefit's "Posie Tint
>Random Lipgloss

Too much to list honestly. Makes my daily routine look tame.

>> No.6689921
File: 46 KB, 500x375, 1344462796923.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

anybody know any good make up blogs that are worth checking out?

>> No.6689925

>>6688654
Best outliners are the tattoo eyeliners like Kat Von Dee's you can also buy them onlie for a little less.

>> No.6689941

>>6689850
i think a lot of people like revlon color stay (foundation).

>>6689904
As in too little coverage? You can always layer it. Do you have a lot of acne/scarring?

>> No.6689944

Awww yeee

SUMMER MODE:
AM:
Kiehl's Blue Gel Cleanser
Murad Oil Control Moisturizer
smashbox concealer for redness/dark spots
Benefit Boi-ing concealer for under eyes
Bobbi Brown Powder Foundation
Benefit Dandelion blush
NYX eyeshadow
NARS lipstick (a lot of other ones too, but NARS would be what I would get every color in if I could afford it)
CoverGirl Lash Perfection mascara

PM:
30% castor oil 70% grapeseed oil to get off make-up
Cetaphil gentle facial cleanser to get off oil
Peter Thomas Roth 10% Hydrating Gel
8 hours of solid shut-eye

WINTER MODE:
AM:
Cetaphil gentle facial cleanser
Clinique dark spot corrector
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM
(Make-up essentially the same, except for:
Laura Mercier powder foundation instead of Bobbi Brown
Tarte cheek stain instead of Dandelion
YSL Volupté Sheer Candy instead of NARS (same comment applies)

PM:
15% castor/85% grapeseed
Cetaphil
Clinique dark spot corrector
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM

U MIRIN?

>> No.6689953

I'm a guy looking to learn how to makeup for both looking better for general cosplay as well as for crossplay. What's a good way to learn the basics and look decent without having to spend crazy amounts of money on high-end cosmetics?

>> No.6689954

>>6689670
This might be odd but I actually use a lot of Hard Candy's glamoflauge concealer. It only has a few shades (4 or 5?) and is only available at Walmart but it's super creamy and pigmented. Takes a bit to blend out though, but I like how pigmented it is. Give that a try if coverage is what you are looking for.

Also seconding Maybelline's Falsies. That thing is truly waterproof and I can actually layer it ontop of other mascaras.

>> No.6689970

>>6689954
thirding maybelline falsies

>>6689953
Get samples at high-end cosmetics places. If you get samples of concealer and foundation and dont apply much (im assuming you dont want much since you are male, but, i could be wrong).

For males, i'd say avoid highlighting but go ahead and contour.

Gossmakeupartist is a male youtube make up artist, too

>> No.6689978

>>6689970
Agreed about samples. Ask for a million and give no fucks. It's store policy at Sephora that everyone is supposed to leave with at least three samples.

>> No.6689983

Since my questions weren't answered in the last thread, I'll ask them here too.

Is Missha's Hypoallergenic BB Cream good? I have somewhat oily, somewhat sensitive skin. My skin's pretty good, though, so I don't want something too heavy.

Also, is Vuty Design a trust worthy place for BB Creams? Their prices are great and shipping is free, but I'm worried they might be a scam because I can't find much about them on other sites.

>> No.6689982

This is probably an incredibly stupid question but could anyone tell me what exactly a BB cream is? I keep seeing it and hearing it lately but still have absolutely no idea what it is or why it might be better than the average foundation. Should I invest in some? And if so, what's the best one?

>> No.6689986

Alright so I've lurked these threads for a while, trying to figure out what kinds of skin care and make up stuff to buy. Even the people with similar skin types seem to have different routines and favorite brands. Make up is pretty expensive so I don't want to waste my money on products that don't work well for me. What's my best option here, maybe buying small amounts of a product and trying it? I was also thinking of going to one of those places where you can sit and they do your makeup (like the clinique area in a department store) and just ask the expert what they think would be best. I'm afraid they'll just try to sell me the most expensive products though. Thoughts?

>> No.6689989

>>6689941
I have minor acne/scarring I jst don't like building up my foundation, I like having a flawless finish with little product, that's why I like to recommend Channel's Matt lumiere

>> No.6689995

>>6689978
Woah! What Sephora is that at?! I'm a bit of a Sephora junky and go there quite often and I've never left with even one sample. Now I just feel kind of jipped.

>> No.6689996

>>6689982
BB Cream is, ideally, foundation + moisturizer + primer + anti-aging + some other benefit.

American BB Creams are pretty much tinted moisturizers.

>> No.6689997

I have almond shaped eyes and I want to emphasis that. What are good eyeliner shapes and techniques to use?

>> No.6690011

>>6689995
I didn't even know they gave out samples until I asked someone at my local one to suggest tinted moisturizers. She practically dumped them into my bag, lol.

>> No.6690012

>>6689995
No, it's official store policy of Sephora, period. A lot of the SAs are disinterested or cunts, though, but if you ask for samples you can get them, even of the priciest products. (I've gotten samples of exfolikate intensive -- which was fucking terrible -- and philosophy dark spot corrector (forgot the cutesy poo name they gave it), which was also fucking terrible)

>> No.6690014

>>6689986
What I did with expensive products is just buy the like kits that some expensive brands sell. I bought like 4 kits from Benefit and now have smaller version of about 20 different products and as long as you don't use a lot those should last you at least 6 months (except for foundation). This has let me try a lot without investing a lot.

But definitely do the area where they do your make-up for you just take everything with a grain of salt and use your own eyes to see what works best on your face.

Also as someone mentioned before Sephora apparently gives out samples of products that you can try if you like.

>> No.6690022

>>6689986
>Drug store route
If you live in the US, shop at Target. Target has a great return policy and you can return opened make up (just say it gave you a rash) for all your money back. Try it until you get something you like.

>High end route
Ask for a lot of samples and don't be shy. Be nice to the ladies at the counter and they'll do your whole face in the make up you want, and you can wear it all day to see if its too heavy or looks good. Also, try asking the sales person what they personally use. If you talk to them like a friend they usually wont lie to you.

Alternatively, look up the make up you want (X brand Y line) and ONLY ask about X brand Y line and for the sample for it.

>I have a very specific skin type, but dont need that much coverage
a. dry skin
invest in a good moisturizer and maybe primer, and just use concealer as needed. If you use foundation, just use a little and it wont really matter what brand you use as long as its not below average.

b. Oily skin
Invest in a good primer that prevents oil build up, and use concealer/foundation as needed.

Hope that helps!

>>6689989
Oooh, i've never talked to somebody who used Channel before. How is it? Worth the price?

>> No.6690023

>>6690012
I've actually found that a lot of Philosophy products are vastly overrated. Them and MAC I've been severely underwhelmed by. But man, I'm going to have to go in there with my big girl pants next time and start demanding some samples from now on!

>>6690011
Wow! I was asking them about BB creams and wished they'd done that for me. I had to use some of my Sephora points to get that tiny reward version of one by Too Faced just to try it out....

>> No.6690032

>>6690023
>I had to use some of my Sephora points to get that tiny reward version of one by Too Faced just to try it out....
To be fair, the rewards are usually 'luxury samples,' the kind you get in beauty boxes, so those aren't the samples you're going to get. They usually just give you a little thimble-full, but it's enough to play around with.

Jesus, that philosophy product made me so angry. I literally got a gigantic cystic zit everywhere it touched. Took my face weeks to recover.

>> No.6690033

Is there a make-up store as good as sephora?

I'm banned from sephora for a few years from shoplifting in my mid-teens, and I totally regret it now that i'm actually into make up.

>> No.6690041

>>6690033
Ulta is pretty good and they're pretty common.

>>6690032
That was all I wanted. I just wanted to see if I wanted to buy the big version.

And I know that feel anon. I had the same thing happen with Benefit's Playsticks. Ugh.

>> No.6690042

>>6690033
>actually getting caught shoplifting at Sephora

But more seriously, it depends where you live. Bluemercury and Ulta have a lot of overlap products-wise.

>> No.6690057

>>6690042
The guy who caught me was really nice, and said he specifically watches out for young teenage girls.

>> No.6690068

>>6690057
Of course, in my shoplifting heydey they would follow me around and offer to carry my stuff every fifteen minutes. That's what makes it fun.

Sage for off-topic reliving my adolescence. Stealing is wrong!

>> No.6690075
File: 67 KB, 758x737, 665832.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My current set up.
(combo/oily skin)

I love nude colors.
Not the biggest fan of the mac pressed powder... Will probably replace it with something else. Any suggestions?

>> No.6690083

>>6690075
Bobbi Brown is great for oily skin.

>> No.6690092

>>6690083
Thanks for the tip. I tend to splurge on foundations and powder. However at the end of the day i can only afford drugstore make-up. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.)

>> No.6690131

>>6690075
maybelline's dream matte pressed powder works as well as too faced's pressed powder tbh, dream matte only has like four shades though and too faced is translucent, the price difference is that dream matte is like 5 or 6 dollars and too faced is around 27 or so.

I have combo skin as well(oily t zone, dry cheeks/chin, also slightly acne prone) and i blot(boscia green tea blotting papers) around the fourth/fifth hour of wearing it dream matte along with tarte's poreless primer(nose), revlon colorstay foundation, MAC pro longwear concealer, and I just use ELF's face primer for the rest, sometimes i use model in a bottle setting spray for extra wear, but it has alcohol in it and its going to accentuate dry patches and makeup

>> No.6690187

>>6689765
Your reading comprehension skills suck! (Granted I didn't word it the most clearly, but I was talking about filling in brows, not plucking them.)

>>6689982
>what exactly a BB cream is?
Similar to having a primer and foundation with SPF and other anti-aging stuff in it to help even skin tone gradually and help any blemishes diminish. It got popular in Asia mostly because it's a good base for actual foundation and is light for everyday use when you don't want a heavy foundation. Most American brands are basically a tinted moisturizer but if a US brand works for you upgrade to an Asian brand if you can afford it. I use Maybelline's in my daily regime and it's a nice alternative to concealer and foundation when all I want to do is hide healing acne marks.

>>6689997
Always wear mascara at the very least. It's a subtle way to pop your eyes, particularly if you have full lashes (and if not, invest in a kind that can. I will always rec Falsies.) Having almond eyes means that you can line it almost any which way and it will work, but I can recommend using a lavender color in your waterline/tightline. I had a liner that was a soft purple (which I have since lost) and it was honestly the best way to define my eyes without using black.

>>6690033
Also Sally's Beauty Supply. Not as high-end looking, but they still carry high-end products (my Palladio foundation was from them.)

>> No.6690232

>>6690187
I keep hearing about how much better Asian brands are. What brands and where would I buy them from?

>> No.6690331

>>6690014
>>6690022
Thank you so much for the advice!

>> No.6690388

>>6690232
The main one I keep seeing being recommended is Missha, but I personally want to try out Skinfood.

>> No.6690613

>>6687846

You should really use moisturizer for your skintype. Different types are designed to do different things for different types of skin. Not gonna say anything about Cetaphil, though. To each their own.

>> No.6690648

I'm turning 21 this year and I still can't figure out makeup, and my skin doesn't make shit any easier. I'd be grateful for any advice!

>oily skin, but somehow also really flaky on my cheeks
>whiteheads and blackheads no matter what I do

My routine:
>Morning & Night: Neutrogena Oil Free Redness Soothing Acne Wash (the green one with the pump), Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15 Moisturizer, and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock (SPF 70, and of course oil free)
>Day: Neutrogena Oil Free CPink Grapefruit Cleansing Wipes for acne prone skin (pink package)

>cosmetic allergies to damn near everything. Clinique stay matte works okayish for my skin, but doesn't last more than 45 minutes for me and even the palest shade is too orange for me
>horrible puberty cystic acne left me with oodles of acne scars with weird texture to them (like slick patches on my face that no makeup wants to stick to at all, even with Ben Nye and Mehron makeup sealer underneath)
>My eyelids get really oily on the half our, so I can't wear eyeshadow and foundation gets creased like a mofo
>also have those weird lines just under my lower eyelid, the genetic ones you can't do much about. W\wanna figure out how to downplay those

>I-I just want to be less ugly t-that's all...

Also I wanna try Skinfood Ginko Green for my acne scars but I can't find it anywhere that I would trust buying it from, except amazon and I can't tell if it's legit. How do I know without just buying it?

>> No.6690654

>>6690648

Oops, droped part of that:

>Revlon Photoready Mousse was the only makeup to ever stay on, make my skin look PERFECT and not need constant blotting/reapplying/caking, but.... it also made my eyelids flaky, red, swollen, and itchy, and burned my skin when I first put it on. FML

>> No.6690772

>>6688645
I think you mean smudging, and you use primer on clean skin before applying it. I recommend ELF primer ($1) to start out with, then Urban Decay Primer Potion ($20) if you plan on doing stuff outdoors for more than 8 hours in hot and humid conditions.

>>6690648
>cosmetic allergies to damn near everything.
Are you my mom?
Your routine sounds really drying. It could be that you're applying too much acne prevention stuff on your face and drying it out to the point of sensitivity. I know I went nuts with salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide/oil free products during my younger years trying to get rid of acne and it damaged my skin really badly. I switched to OCM (oil cleansing method), a gentle scrub (something with tiny beads), apple cider vinegar/green tea toner (homemade), and jojoba oil (really light stuff, a drop or two is all you need). Took me half a year to get rid of both acne and acne scars/holes but it worked along with some sunscreen. I recommend using sunscreen with titanium dioxide/zinc oxide (usually marketed for sensitive skin) and to avoid avobenzone/oxybenzone because I read that physical ingredients will help prevent tanning (because tanning darkens your scars apparently). The downside to titanium dioxide is that it leaves a white cast on your face and especially in any creases you might have. You get to look like a ghost in exchange for slowly getting rid of scars. Hooray!

>> No.6690815

>>6690772
>Your routine sounds really drying. It could be that you're applying too much acne prevention stuff on your face and drying it out to the point of sensitivity.

No, my skin's always been stupidly oversensitive. I started this Neutrogena routine early last month because I got sick as fuck of constantly feeling like my face is an oil slick (and the Clinique 3-step acne kit was doing fuck all), so drying is kind of what I'm going for. So far the Neutrogena stuff brought it down to a dewy medium-oily-ness that much more tolerable for me (even with the flaking, which is mostly around the worst of the acne scars). And the allergies have been consistent since I first started playing around with makeup- everything either burns or swells or just won't stay on.

As for the salicylic, I don't use that much of it considering the green face was has only 2% and I use half a pump of it morning and night, and I never use more than one of the wipes a day (unless it's a really sweaty, dirty day, then I'll use no more than 2), and those only have

>I switched to OCM (oil cleansing method)
I'm honestly not going to try this just because I can't get over the icky feeling of even thinking of putting MORE oil on my face. I just can't do it, I hate oil on my face like some people hate spiders or needles. Plus, I still have problems with some big, fat juicy cysts popping up every couple weeks, so I try to avoid oil like a pestilence.

>a gentle scrub (something with tiny beads)
I have the Clarisonic Mia brush, does that count? That things pretty baller IMO

>> No.6690816

>>6690815
>and those only have

derp, too tired to finish a sentence. "a small amount as well.".

>> No.6690827

I use BB cream right now, but now that it's starting to get sunny out I want to start wearing sunblock regularly... Is it too much to use BB cream and facial sunblock? I use very light coverage of the cream. Also I assume you would put on the sunblock first?

>> No.6690832

>>6690827
Yes, sunblock first, and no, it's probably actually a good idea, as people tend to under-apply SPF on their face, especially when it's part of a foundation/bb cream (obviously, you don't want an overly cakey look).

>> No.6690834

>>6690815
Not the anon you're responding to, but clarisonic should be fine for exfoliation.

>> No.6690870

>>6690772
sorry, this might be a stupid question, but what do you do with the jojoba oil? i have acne scars that stand out a lot and it drives me nuts and i want to get rid of them. :(

>> No.6690874

>>6690815
Haha, I understand not wanting to try OCM. The first time I used it my skin was crawling and touching those cysts hurt like a bitch. As for 2% not being much, I once had an Asian lady at the Shiseido counter complain that it was too much and only recommends a max of .5%. As for the Clairisonic gadget, I've never used it before so idk. Might I recommend powderdoom of tumblr for makeup stuff? I believe one of the girls who runs it has super sensitive skin so she might be able to help you.

>> No.6690888

>>6690870
I replaced it as my moisturizer when I was at the peak of my all natural/organic kick. For acne scars, I recommend exfoliating two to three times a week, moisturize twice a day, and sunblock daily. I also used a 1:3 ratio mixture of apple cider vinegar to green tea for toner which I used nightly. I think Bubzbeauty of yt has a video on that.

>> No.6690933

>>6690772
Yeah, I did! English is not my first language and sometimes I derp out a little. Thanks for the tip, I didn't use primer before, I'll look into it!

>> No.6690940

>>6690888
>I also used a 1:3 ratio mixture of apple cider vinegar to green tea for toner which I used nightly.
Not that anon but, how is that working out for you? Any noticeable differences?

>> No.6690946

>>6690815
You don't keep it on your face though - I thought the same, but I switched to oil cleansing + hot water to rinse it + toner afterwards and that worked a bit for me. TBH though I usually just take a few weeks of doxycycline every 3-6 months and kinda maintain it until my next flare.

>> No.6690947

>>6690815
oh, and adapalene>salicylic acid for oily skin, you just apply it in a thin layer at night and it works pretty damn well.

>> No.6690955

>>6687846
I'm pretty oily and Urban Decay de-slick in a tube is pretty great in my experience. You have to apply it *just right* though or it goes all ugly and cakey. Kinda pricey but you use such a tiny amount it really lasts a while. Also Milk of Mag if you are realllllly oily. I use it in the summer.

>> No.6690956

>>6690947
They're completely different things. One's a retinoid and one's an exfoliant.

>> No.6690957

>>6688590
UD is the best shit there is. You will never regret buying the Naked palette at the very least. Also get you some of their lid primer. Oh yus.

>> No.6690964

>>6690940
It was great. I stopped after a year
when I started dorming because my roommate hated the smell but all the dents (ice pick scars?) are no longer there (and if they are there, my mom's eagle eyes no longer notice them) and the redness is definitely gone. I also used this honey/bee product stuff (Egyptian Magic/Sweet Bee Magic) in conjunction with it off that helps. That stuff healed a cut on my upper lip in less than a week with no scarring.

>> No.6690993

>Eyeliner
I've used everything, from Maybelline, Tokidoki, and even Mac! But I LAHHVEE Loreal HIP's gel liner. The stuff goes on super smooth and stays on all day! Plus it's decently priced too :)
>Eyebrows
I start with Elf's eyebrow palette ($3) and just use the gel and outline the end of my brows. Then I use Mac's Espresso eyeshadow (~$13) filling the end first and the "leftovers" towards the center.
>Favorite Foundation
I currently use Tarte and its good for the skin and I love how it's all Dewey and natural looking. I also love Mac's Studio Sculpt but I don't use that often because it fucks up my skin.
>Routine
First I wash my face with Lush's skin drink and let that dries up a bit while I brush my teeth. Then Monistat Chafing Gel for primer, this stuff is amazing haha! Then foundation, eyebrows, eyeliner, blush (I personally love Mac's blushes), whatever lipstick, and then babylips in the matching lipstick color!

>> No.6691013

I'm looking for a new foundation. I heard Dior has the most natural looking foundation, and some people say its worth the price. I'm interested to know anyone who has used it. I also heard there's a Dior BB cream.

>> No.6691029

>>6690956
Actually, salicylic acid is a keratolytic but yes, adapalene is a retinoid - and of course they're completely different, that's why one works better for oily skin than the other. Retinoids supposedly slow production of oil by slowing down cell differentiation, whereas salicylic acid is for breaking down zits that are already there.

>> No.6691036

>>6689379
Shouldn't a sharp edge at the inner corner of your eye do that? I usually get a mean look when I do a down-pointed line there
>Though I look mean from the beginning
And liner all around the eye to make it seem smaller and therefore meaner
And I guess very sharp and arched eyebrows would give you a mean look, but it's possible that you'll just look constantly surprised though

>> No.6691069

Anybody have recommendations of Japanese makeup brands or brands available in Japan? I live in Japan and am fairly clueless in makeup besides the basics. I have a fair complexion with slightly oily skin, no acne problems though mild scarring / discoloration from when I did as a teen. I've bought typically priced drugstore stuff so far, works ok I guess but starts to look junky halfway through the day. Unavoidable? To be honest I don't see a big difference between BB cream and the cheapo stuff I used back in the states. But maybe I'm just using the wrong stuff?

>> No.6691532
File: 314 KB, 649x646, myfaves.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I just wanted to recommend a few products that I love and have worked extremely well for me over the years.

For reference, I have oily/combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin, with large pores and redness.

>Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream
It's expensive but really the nicest night cream I have ever used. It really helps clear my acne and doesn't irritate my face or eyes at all. It's really helped improve my skin overall.

>Neutrogena Makeup Removing wipes
I use these every single time I take off my makeup. It's the only thing that actually takes off all of my makeup, even my waterproof mascara. They're very gentle and haven't irritated my skin at all.

>Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick
I use this on pimples, especially after I've popped them (which is a no-no.) It seems like most acne spot treatments overdry your skin and leave a weird residue. But Burt's Bees actually seems to seal your pimple so it doesn't 'ooze' and really helps heal it. I use this as an alternative to Clean & Clear's persa gel, because that gave me a chemical burn on my face.

>Neutrogena Lip Soothers (in Gleam and Shine)
I hate most lip glass because it is too thick and the colors look horrible on me (I am very pale.) But I love love love this lip gloss, I've had one in my bag always for about two years now. It's sheer, but gives lovely color to my lips. It has a sort of cooling sensation and tastes okay, too. It doesn't dry out or chap my lips either.

hope that helped~

>> No.6691541

>>6691532
Neutrogena's makeup removal wipes are the stuff of gods. They work really well on body paint, too, and will even take off PAX made from Pros-Aide II.

>> No.6691548

>>6690874
>>6690946
>>6690947

Thanks a bunch guys, but I'm really looking for help with makeup for my freaky sensitive skin with some staying power and good coverage, not skincare. I'd like to leave the skincare to my dermatologist, no offense to anyone inended.

>> No.6691570

>>6691548
Have you tried anything from Physician's Formula?
Also, Almay and Neutrogena are supposed to be good makeup brands for sensitive skin.
I'm sorry, my skin isn't as sensitive as yours, so I can't recommend much. But Physican's Formula products have always been really kind to my face.

>> No.6691568
File: 9 KB, 126x116, 1359331567333.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be mixed-race
>have to use a careful blend of Skin79, Bobbi Brown's honey and No7 Deeply Honey to obtain a colour that doesn't look blatently fake
Anyone else know this feel?

>> No.6691575

>>6691568
I only know that feel for having extremely pale skin ;-; it's not the same, but I still have to use 3-4 foundations to get a color that doesn't look orange/pink/goffic white.

>> No.6691581

>>6691575
>doesn't look orange/pink/goffic white.
I understand completely. If there's any pink in a foundation whatsoever, I look terribly anaemic. If there's any orange, it just looks too orange (aka needs moar yellow).

Lily Lolo has a shade that matches me spot-on; since they go by how cool/warm your skin tone is and not just the shade. They sell cheap little samples too, but their foundation is powder and I have dry skin :/

>> No.6691585

Best mineral foundation that comes in very light colors?

>> No.6691624

>>6691585
powdered sugar

>> No.6691669
File: 57 KB, 218x218, 1351305013355.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6691570

I've never heard of Physician's Formula, I'll look into it. Not a fan of Neutrogena makeup because again, it just doesn't stay on me. Never thought to try Almay, though, so I'll definitely do so!

>>6691568
>mfw it's always too pink, or too orange, or too yellow

>> No.6691672

>>6691585

What's the deal with Mineral foundations? I've heard that they work miracles and I've also heard that they clog your pores and fuck your skin all up, and I dunno what to believe anymore.

>> No.6691692

>>6691672
It's just marketing jargon, there's no standardization for the term and it really doesn't mean anything. Like hypoallergenic. Just check ingredients for yourself and use what works for you.

>> No.6691747

>>6691568
I know that feel. ;_;
I'm very pale, but have a lot of southern Italian and Persian in me, so my skin is neutral/olivey.
I either have to go for a range with a wiiiiiide selection, or Asian ones so I don't get orange.

>> No.6691771
File: 255 KB, 1491x1600, B3igJ.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to learn how to make my eyebrows look thicker/longer like koreans. I'm white and I have naturally thin/short eyebrows. UGH!!!
Are there any drug store things I can use to practice making my eyebrows look like theirs?

Have some of my eyebrow porn.

>> No.6691807

>>6691532
> >Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick
Oh man I used to love this stuff. I stopped using it because of price, but I would just rub it over any pimples I had and they would start to reduce in size and redness. Main reason i stopped was because of price, but I would say this is a really good thing to have in your purse if a pimple pops up in the middle of the day. It doesn't conceal or anything but it's great.

>>6691672
Mostly it's supposed to be a powder based foundation that ~natural~ and helps and nutrients to the skin as you use it. I know people who use only Bare Minerals (who are basically to blame for the trend) and don't do much else in terms of skin care and have decent skin. I've never looked into it much because frankly, make up is make up and you should be taking it off every night either way.

>>6691771
Do you mean thin as in shape or thin as in sparce(ness of hairs)? If it's the latter all you will need is to get brow filler/correcter and fill it out a bit so that the shape is more defined. If you mean the former... well, you can use brow correcter to reshape your brows, but it won't look natural. You may need to post a picture to show what you mean.

>> No.6691813

Any recommendations for a moisturizer/face primer product? I used Tony Moly ice cream play cream for a while because it smells great and applies just like whipped cream. It's been discontinued I think so I am looking for something similar.

>> No.6691858

I've got a few questions.

First, I have really deep-set eyes and a rather heavy brow ridge, not to mention thick eyebrows. While it looks alright in real life, in photos I look like I'm out of the damn paleolithic era. Would plucking and trimming my eyebrows help with this? Also, any makeup tips to make my eyes look less sunken?

Second, I need help finding a good facial moisturizer. I break out quite easily, and anything that doesn't gives me zits seems to give me a rash.

Third, I have dark hair on my arms. Shaving, even with shaving cream, gives me bumps. Bleaching causes my skin to have a reaction. Anything else I could try?

I appreciate any help!

>> No.6691961
File: 286 KB, 883x668, 555968_469083599812457_945829205_n.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Found this and thought it might help pretty much anyone.

>> No.6691966

>>6691858
>Third, I have dark hair on my arms. Shaving, even with shaving cream, gives me bumps. Bleaching causes my skin to have a reaction. Anything else I could try?
Waxing/sugaring/epilator/Nair.

>> No.6691976

>>6691961
What should i use for highlighter? I have a bronzer for the contouring... I've even seen people say white eye shadow for highlights? And do i just add foundation over everything??

>> No.6692016
File: 63 KB, 470x664, 306753_390674734313187_221069528_n (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I also found this and just thought it might be good for ideas.

>>6691976
Other than make-ups actually made for highlighting (I personally use Benefit's "Watt's Up" and "High Beam") but I imagine that eyeshadows might work or even a slightly lighter foundation maybe? I don't really know

>> No.6692028

I have pale olive skin, with a lot of yellow undertones. Can someone recommend me a good foundation? All the ones I've tried look extremely unnatural on me and don't blend well with my face

>> No.6692033

>>6692028
Revlon photo ready does it for me, but if you need heavy coverage I'd go with something from Mac

>> No.6692043
File: 26 KB, 570x238, r-REGROW-EYEBROWS-large570.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6691807
My eyebrows are both thin in size and sparse, ugh it's awful. Here's a pic of some lady with eyebrows thin like mine. I don't pluck mine thin though, they are just naturally thin. So there's no way to make them look naturally full? That sucks.

>> No.6692049

>>6692028
I'm white and very pale with olive skin tone and skinfood's light beige bb creams are the perfect shade for me for what its worth.

>> No.6692057 [DELETED] 

All women are whores.

>> No.6692081

Can someone recommend me glue for fake lashes?

>> No.6692627

>>6690832
Thanks!

>> No.6692750 [DELETED] 
File: 17 KB, 250x250, s1087972-main-hero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

While I do love Urban Decay and will pray to the eye primer like its a demi god, I am really enjoying Makeup Forever. The flash palette is a must have for a serious makeup lover.
>Your favorite foundation? While I prefer to work in airbrush I use MAC Studio FX for everyday wear. KETT is another good foundation, they only do foundation.
>Your daily routine? Moisturize with Ahava face cream, right now I use NYX primer, MAC Studio FX foundation, Urban Decay Primer, whatever eyeshadow of my choice (Urban Decay's dangerous palette, Makeup Forever's Techno palette, Coastal Scents are some), Lorax gel eyeliner, MAC white pencil liner, Lorax mascara, and usually OCC Lip Tar or Urban Decay's gloss. Takes about 20 mins

>> No.6692761

Seconding the request for pale foundation suggestions. I have a yellow undertone, and the only big brand that's been light enough was the lightest shade in Graftobian's Ultra-Lites palette. I have to get my foundation custom blended and the formula doesn't have great coverage or blend well. I miss the ease and cover and blendyness of bb cream, but even Missha #13 was just too dark. Nars Siberia was also too dark. I also want to try Etude's Baby Choux Base in Peach from the way too adorable Sweet Recipe line, but I'm scared it'll be too dark.
Argh.

>> No.6692831

Normally I go get my eyebrows waxed once every couple weeks or so, but I recently moved in the middle of freaking no where and the closest place that offers eyebrow waxing is an hour away, and they are way overpriced.

Does anyone have tips for shaping eyebrows by yourself? I tried doing it and I had some disaterous results...

>> No.6692851

>>6691976
It can depend on what your skin tone is. If you are lighter in tone you can use white or cream and blend into your foundation (gossmakeupartist on YT has quite a few videos about this) if you are darker you may want one that has a more yellow base. I'm finding more high end make up companies are actually putting highlight and bronzer in with blush now, so I suggest looking for that as well.

>>6692043
If your's are like her's they aren't that thin (I was thinking of a literal thin line) and I would suggest making sure your shape is flattering first and then use a brow pallet/marker to fill in the sparseness. If the shape is fine and it's only the fullness you want, just fill it in. If you're careful and experiment a bit you can 'widen' the shape thickness by going slightly outside of the natural brows (much like lining your lips on the outer edge to give the illusion of fullness. But with your brows.) If your hard is dark, choose a brow shade that is slightly lighter, if it is light, choose a shade slightly darker.

>> No.6692869

This has probably been asked before, but are there any go-to eye makeup tutorials to make caucasian eyes look bigger? I've been using a lot of japanese tutorials, but I've been noticing the outcome seems mismatched for my eyeshape. There's definitely a distinct difference in style and procedure... I dunno.

>> No.6692942
File: 46 KB, 600x600, dainty-doll-liquid-foundation-001-very-light.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so my attempts to lighten my skin are going beautifully, I am not as pale as I was in high school yet but I am getting closer and my arms are only a few shades darker than my stomach.

The only problem is now even my lightest shades of makeup are too dark and orangey for my skin. I have been searching around and I have come across the Dainty Doll line of makeup which is made specifically for people with pale skin. It has mixed reviews, some people love it, some people hate it, mostly the talk has been positive and they apparently changed the formula recently for the better.

Unfortunately I am having trouble finding anywhere that reliably the damn stuff in the US! Has anyone heard of this stuff? has anyone used it? More importantly, does anyone know where I can buy the stuff?

>> No.6692947

>>6692942
>reliably sells*
I missed a word there at the end, heh.

>> No.6692951

>>6692942
I've tried the palest one in the powder style. I think it's pretty good, nice coverage, a little cakey but it's powder after all. It does seem to minimize/cover pores nicely. I couldn't tell you how the liquid is, but the one I have has a nice red/yellow balance (I have yellowish undertones, and it matches pretty well). I got mine on ebay for like $15 new, you could probably find one there that would ship to the US, or maybe amazon.

>> No.6692957

>>6691771
>Koreans
>thick eyebrows
lololololololololololol

they just fill them in,

>> No.6692965

>>6692951
EBAY! I forgot about ebay, funny thing as I checked amazon... you think it would have occurred to me.

>> No.6692974

what should i look out for in a good eyelash glue?

>> No.6693008

>>6692951
good news! I found it, and for cheap enough I was able to buy two different shades to try out. Thanks!

>> No.6693038

>>6688567
I had a lot more luck with wetting an angled eyeshadow brush with the color I want to use and doing liner that way. I hate pencils and liquid because my hands are shaky :/

>> No.6693134

>>6690613
I'm actually switching soon! But thanks!

>>6691013
Seconding this. I wanna hear about Dior.

>> No.6693180

>>6693038
Gel liner may work for you then, as that is how it is applied. Also tends to last as long as a liquid liner too.

>> No.6693210

>>6692974
>>6692081
Ardell's LashGrip for strip lashes. Waterproof, stays on, and dries clear.

>> No.6693234

I have a good concealer, but it's not enough to hide the bags under my eyes. What do.

>> No.6693245

>>6693234
Get a better concealer.

>> No.6693284

>>6693234

Try Benefit Boi-ing. It's amazing.

>> No.6693295

>>6693284
Seconding this. Erase Paste is supposed to be the under eye one but Boi-ing is just superior.

>> No.6693972

>>6693284
Agreed. You can also use boiing as a spot conceal or on your face. I have one that matches my skin tone and when I am too lazy to use foundation or if I am in a hurry, I just take some boiing and dab it in some areas on my face and blend out. Then, set it all with powder and I'm done.

It has great coverage.

>> No.6694107

Tips on brushes and applying gel liner?

>>6688447
I have a palette, it;s beautiful. really good quality eyeshadows.

>> No.6694197

Temptu airbrush foundation is a godsend

>> No.6694226
File: 13 KB, 460x460, mica-bella-cosmetics-mineral-foundation-powder.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So being the weak crappy person who can't say no to sales people that I am, I bought a set of MICA foundation, blush, and primer.

Although it was wayyyyy too expensive, I find that I'm liking the stuff. I don't really wear make up very often because I have sensitive skin, don't bother to wash it off at night, and generally can't be assed to do it. But it's been good to me, I can sleep in it without breaking out and it covers almost everything by itself (I have to use a little of my concealer sometimes).

The sales girl claimed that none of it would ever expire though...I don't know if I believe it, but if it's true then I'll probably never need to buy concealer/blush again for the rest of my life.

Still can't do eyeliner to save my life though.

>> No.6694263

>>6692942
what are you doing to lighten your skin? also how long have you been doing this? Curious because I tried Lika's Papaya soap and it hasn't been working.

>> No.6694397
File: 485 KB, 500x679, makeupbigeyes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6689026
Start by taking incredibly good care of your skin.
I'm 27 but a lot of people confuse me for a high schooler.

More natural brows without much arch is another good suggestion. I'd use blusher but avoid highlighting your cheekbones... contour for making your face look round and chubby.

Cupid's bow inspired or gradient lips look younger to me. Big eye makeup like in Japanese tutorials is another good idea.

Anyone have ideas for scoring kind of a LOTR Elf/ Preraphelite Painting look? I already have hair nearly long enough to be unfashionable. I usually do "big eyes" eyes and highlight my high cheekbones.

>> No.6694415

>>6694197
KETT and Glamaire are better for airbrush

>> No.6694469

>Eyebrow tips?

Pfft idk, I just my eyebrows done and I really hope I can keep them this way

I have Dior's BB cream ( inb4 Western BB creams suck ) I quite like it though, it covers awesomely ... bad thing about it is that when I blow my nose, it comes offffff ... fuuuu--

>Your daily routine?

I haven't been putting makeup on for the past few days, but when I do, it's: BB cream, eyepencil, mascara, blush, lipgloss ... also eye shadow but I kinda suck at putting it on

I-I'm just a lurker ... I'm not actually a lolita or cosplayer

>> No.6694490

>>6693008
congrats! hope you like it

>> No.6694493

I never wore make-up and just recently I started to use it more, so my "collection" of make-up is lacking. Can someone advise me on what to get?

Currently I have
>Concealer
>Foundation
>A small palette of eyeshadow + pink and blue
>Liquid eyeliner
>Black pencil
>Pink blush
>"Brown" blush
>Mascara
>Red and coral lipstick

I'm going to Sephora tomorrow (got a free flash make-up), what should I get?

Thanks.

>> No.6694511
File: 30 KB, 512x288, 1320122505325.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6694397
>I'm 27 but a lot of people confuse me for a high schooler.

I am so sure they say that. I say the same thing to anyone older than me to flatter them, even if it's way off base. Now post a picture.

>> No.6694515

>>6694511
Not that anon, but my sister's 28 and people still confuse her for a high schooler or freshman in college.
My brother got carded in a pub when we were last on vacation. He's 30.
Some people just have that sort of face, sorry you're so butthurt that you probably look like an old hag.

>> No.6694517

>>6694397
>Anyone have ideas for scoring kind of a LOTR Elf/ Preraphelite Painting look?
Going more Preraphelite, but go more natural/neutral with your eyes (depending on skin tone stick with light browns and lavenders and mascara similar to your hair color; don't curl your lashes either.) For face, highlight you cheekbones and jaw and lightly contour underneath as well if needed (Preraphelite women actually had rather strong/handsome faces rather then soft round ones.) Apply bush to cheeks as well, depending on desired effect. And finally make your likes really defined looking but using a liner and choose a rich color in red or coral. Matte or gloss, but not high gloss.

>> No.6694521

>>6694515
Lol cry more oldfag, I'm only 20 and I look exactly 20. People are just being polite and as for your brother, if there's even the slightest doubt about age most places will card to cover their ass. My mom still gets carded sometimes and she's 48 with wrinkles and shit.

>> No.6694535

>>6694493
>Eyelash curler
It's a good friend, especially if you want to pop your eyes a bit. Even a curl formula mascara can only do so much. You can get the regular clamp kind or if you want to invest the heated kind. (I have a clamp.)

>Nude Lip color
Nudes don't always mean skin tone, but it's good to get something that's slightly pink and similar to your natural lip color (unless of course your natural lip color is your skin tone then get something that's slightly pink and a little dark then your tone) mostly to give you a good polished day look. It can even just be a tinted lip balm as well.

>Lip pencil
That matches whatever color you have. These help define your lip shape easier and provide a base for your actual lip color.

>Highlight
Since you have blush and contour, might want to invest in a highlight color as well, so what you can bring more dimension into your face easier.

>> No.6694538

>>6694517
>make your lips
wtf self

>> No.6694541

>>6694521
Some people look younger than they are? People (strangers) ask me what high school I'm going to, card me for R-rated movies (and once for a PG-13), and I got kicked out of a bar because they 'don't serve kids,' and I'm 22. And I'm not bragging. I don't want to look like a high schooler, I am an adult.

>> No.6694555

>>6694541
I know that feel. People are shocked (and I do mean SHOCKED) when I tell them I'm 25 because they are expecting me to be at least 5 years younger. It has a lot to do with how you look and frankly, how you dress. I still dress like a teen (jeans and a dumb tshirts) so that makes me seem younger by default. If you wear clothes with more structure to them you'll look older automatically because most clothing made for teens don't have much structure to them. The main reason why I don't is because I'm too fat to fit into my good clothes.

>> No.6694586

>>6694535
Noted! Thanks!

>> No.6694649

Do you have to use liquid eyeliner to get that really dark, inky black eyeliner look or can you get it with gel eyeliner? Gel is easier for me to use but it rubs off on my admittedly deep set eyes and doesnt look as striking as Id like.

>> No.6694661

>>6694397
that.. make up.... looks terrible................

>> No.6694895

>>6694649
You should be able to get it with black gel liner, provided that you are getting the blackest black. it's weird but some companies have a "Black" then a "Super Black" for some reason.

Liquid liner does come in 2 forms generally, brush tip or felt tip. I've used both, but lately I've been having more luck with a felt tip. I currently use a Milani one, it's small and in a gold casing.

Also, are your eyes hooded?

>> No.6694968

>>6694415

maybe if your skin looks like shit

>> No.6694969

>>6694511

I'm 25 and people think I'm 19-22. It's because I'm biracial and as everyone knows, black don't crack.

Unfortunately white people age like shit.

>> No.6694997 [DELETED] 

>>6694969
>black don't crack

They SMOKE crack though

>Unfortunately white people age like shit.

Yeah, but we're still beautiful. Black people are ugly from birth.

>> No.6695028
File: 126 KB, 600x670, eye brow chart tutorial.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wondering if anyone can answer my questions! >>6689983

Pic is a guide for plucking eyebrows.

>> No.6695031

>>6694969
Honestly, I've noticed blondes age the worst for some reason.

My mother's predominantly white, but has naturally dark hair and everyone almost always thinks she's 10-15 years younger than she is.

>> No.6695038 [DELETED] 
File: 90 KB, 262x393, honey-boo-boo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6694997
>all white people beautiful

>> No.6695041

>>6694968
In fact KETT is a very light foundation from a company that only does foundation. As a makeup artist Glamaire is great to mix and its waterbased. Obviously you only know of infomercial shit.

>> No.6695054

>>6695031
Maybe it has something to do with having dark hair and no grays while blonde hair is lighter and looks a bit closer to white hair?

>> No.6695055

Ugh, shitty janitor deleted my post.

>>6695031
anyway, some blondes age worse prob the lack of melanin in the skin, but if people just avoid sun and eat better anyone could age well.

>> No.6695082

What's the best BB Cream you guys have used? I currently use Lovely Girl by Skin79 and it's just not working for me, so I'm looking for something better. I have "generic pale white girl skin" and rarely get ache. Any suggestions?

>> No.6695089

>>6688135
I use Smashbox powder foundation and it is EXCELLENT. 10/10 would suggest. Seriously, it's worth the $40. Go to your local sephora and just try it out.

>> No.6695098
File: 37 KB, 250x250, s1432400-main-hero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6688567
Don't go with liquid, go with gel.
PRO Cream Eyeliner + Brush. It's $20 at Sephora and it comes with this nice little brush which is the best brush I have ever used to apply gel eyeliner.

>> No.6695105

Does sephora give samples of EVERYTHING? Concealers, eyeshadows, primers, hair products, eye liners....?

I'm just curious. Ive only ever gotten foundation samples.

>> No.6695116

>>6695105
I mean, some things you pretty much can't make a sample of, like stick/pencil eye liners, most eye shadow, most concealer, etc. (Some brands provide their own packaged samples, but it's not guaranteed and those are often the 'luxury,' i.e. not free, samples.) But if it's physically possible, yes.

>> No.6695134

>>6690033
...Are you aloud to order online?
Just curious. I would try Ulta for in store purchases.

>> No.6695147
File: 792 KB, 1326x827, eerday.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is what I use everyday. Nothing super special but it works for me.

>> No.6695149

>>6695105
My local Sephora has everything out to try. If you're not sure what you want or what you're looking for, the employees are always very helpful, so ask them.

>> No.6695283

>>6695147
Dayum gurl. I jelly. Review on the concealer? I heard its good.

>> No.6695309

>>6695147
udderly smoothe smells like fucking trash.

>> No.6695320

>>6695098
I bought gel eyeliner, found it's a complete pain in the ass to correct when you make a mistake.

>> No.6695401

I've been having this problem lately. I don't know why every time I put on make up my nose starts running like niagra falls. Especially when I put on eyeliner and eyeshadow. I'll get a slight itchy felling on my septum. I don't see hives or a rash. It's really annoying because I'll be doing contours and highlights and it gets washed off by my snot. Lately I just put toilet paper in my nose like when you have a nose bleed. I have to change out the toilet paper a few times during my make up application.

>> No.6695413

>>6695401
Once I was putting liquid eyeliner on. I accidentally got some in my eye and this weird snot/eyeliner fluid dripped out of one of my nostrils. Been too scared to try it since
Sage because I don't know what caused it, but you're not the only one

>> No.6695421

>Eyebrow tips?
I normally just get them threaded every few weeks.
Currently, this Clinique liquid stuff my mom suggested. I don't wear super heavy foundation too often though.
>Your daily routine?
Sephora If You Only Try One moisturizer, E.L.F. pressed powder, neutral eyeshadow (eyelid primer, currently E.L.F.'s, a bit of E.L.F. cream shadow, topped off with a neutral shadow, currently using part of a TokiDoki set I got for Christmas), liquid eyeliner (blinc's eyeliner pen is probably my current favorite for winged tips), Benefit's They're Real! mascara, lip exfoliator (chapped lips are the worst, so I'm trying to keep the skin cleanso I don't bite it off) a bit of Jouer's Lip Plumping serum, and a light lip tint (Tarte's lip stain or Stilla's lip gloss)
Takes me forever. I go all out. Moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, bronzer, highlighter, HD finishing powder, setting spray, for face. Eye routine similar as daily, just more pronounced, and normally fake eyelashes and contacts. Lip routine based on costume, but usually involves clear lip liner, lipstick instead of lip gloss, etc.

>> No.6695458
File: 2.00 MB, 1280x720, midi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Gonna be cosplaying this. I have no idea on what to do for makeup...Any suggestions? I'd assume like eyeliner or something?

>> No.6695617

>>6691548 Cover FX makes good foundation for sensitive skin. It is on the pricey side, but I quite like it.

>> No.6695622

what is cake makeup?

>> No.6695743

>>6695622
Caked make up?

Its when you have so much make up on, it looks 'cakey' and unnatural.

>> No.6695763

I'm looking for a good primer for combo/oily skin. Has anyone here used The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil primer or Skin Primer Matte It?

>> No.6695764
File: 20 KB, 300x300, 300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6695622
Do you mean "pancake makeup"? Max Factor is the only brand that I can think of off the top of my head that makes pancake makeup, but I'm sure that there are others. It's basically a super maximum-coverage foundation. It shouldn't be used as every day makeup; however, it is designed for use in theater/film/photography, so it should be okay for photoshoots and stuff like that.

>> No.6695770

>>6695055
Do they have a nightly ritual?

I know most asians have the ritual of all dat night cream and stuff.

>> No.6695776

>>6695770
By "ritual" do you mean like, eye cream, serum and moisturizer? Yes, white people do that too.

>> No.6695837
File: 419 KB, 800x600, Makeup.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My usual makeup routine.
1- Moisturize with my Perricone MD deep moisturizer
2- Prime my face with Tarte's Poreless Primer
3- Prime my eyelids with Nars Smudge-proof eyeshadow base
4- Revlon Nearly Naked foundation
5- Conceal whatever the foundation couldn't conceal with Benefit's Boi-ing concealor
6- Set foundation and concealor with MAC's Prep+Prime compact powder
7- I used UD's vice palette in Desperation to fill in my brows. And then eyeshadow. I use whichever color I feel like that day. I sometimes use the Lorac's Mint palette for the blush and highlighter.
8- Gotta sculpt them cheeks with Physician's Formula Bronzer
9- Set makeup with setting spray from UD.
10- I like using Tarte's Lipsurgance in Enchanted or MAC's lipstick in Syrup.
11- Kat Von D eyeliner. Best yet. I actually do this after eyeshadow and before the makeup spray. Mis-numbered.

>> No.6695845
File: 31 KB, 250x250, ud.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6695837
Forgot mascara, lol. It's just the UB one. Pic related. As for my lash curler, I just have been using my old Revlon one. Had it for years and it's still going strong.

>> No.6695883
File: 772 KB, 843x496, Spoonstory.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6688567
Maybe this will help? I've never tried it myself but I've been using Liquid eyeliner for about 7 years now - Naturally I started off being terrible and wonky but over time you just get more practise and become more steady with it. That said - I still have days where I put it on like shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD1ncPzOYbE&list=PL272CBFE0D1E7DDAC

>> No.6695893
File: 230 KB, 600x600, blahsdashiggi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cosplay daily routine:

> I typically start with Cinema Secret Primer followed with a pore reducing moisturizer from Sephora
> Apply "yelloAID" concealer and then whip out my belloccio airbrush compressor to airbrush my foundation, blush, and bronzer
>Follow up with lip plumping gloss from Cinema Secret, nude pink lipstick, and setting powder/spray.

It looks remarkably natural and blended, however it doesn't do a great job of hiding dark circles and the occasional stress related blemish. I was looking into drag queen techniques for a character I'm doing and found exactly what I was looking for as far as concealer goes. Any idea on where I can find this specific stick brand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBCoISIYyTo

I've checked all over and have had no luck. Also would airbrushing over such a matte material cause flaking and melty monster face syndrome? I'm always a bit hesitant to mix products without some sort of trial or review first.

>> No.6696013

Where do you guys buy asian makeup online?

>> No.6696034

>>6696013
I haven't bought from all of them but I have a list of links that I've bookmarked that others have found reliable.

I mostly have links for Korean cosmetics because I'm looking to try new products beyond BB cream :)

>Korean
http://kollectionk.com/
http://www.kpoptown.com/237-makeup
http://stores.ebay.com/f2plus1/
http://stores.ebay.com/BB-cream-world
http://stores.ebay.com/bellogirl
http://prettyandcute.com/

>Japanese
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Alpha-Beauty-Store/
http://www.imomoko.com/

>Various
http://web1.sasa.com/SasaWeb/splash.jsp

>> No.6696141

>>6696034
Thanks!

>> No.6696168

>>6688567
It will take some practice if you have monolids.

>> No.6696409

>>6696034
Always so helpful, HSP.
You should add to that list the ebay shop rubyruby76, or her shop roseroseshop.com
Always gotten my goods in a timely manner, no fakes, good selection.

>> No.6696902

>>6696034
kollection k prices are pretty good and are pretty close to the ones in korea. i checked and etude house is only about a dollar more on there then on the EH official gmarket shop, but even the cheapest shipping on kk still stings.

>> No.6697047

relatively new at the whole make up thing.
when I apply make up, it usually comes out pretty okay (nothing some practice can't polish), but during the course of the day, my eye liner seems to stain parts of my upper eyelid. it pretty much smudges and I don't like that.
is that normal? and more importantly: is there a way I can keep that from happening?

>> No.6697080

>>6697047
use an eyeshadow primer. the most recommended ones are mac's "paint pot" and urban decay's "potion". otherwise switch eyeliners.

>> No.6697085

>>6697080
great! thanks, I'll try that.

>> No.6697088

>>6697047
Try a gel or liquid instead, or something marked as smudge-reistant? In my experience, gel or liquid will smudge a lot less than pencil or crayon.

>> No.6697092

>>6696409
>rubyruby76
I wonder why I don't have that one bookmarked, haha. I've only heard positive things about that store.

>>6697047
>>6697080
elf primer is supposed to be a pretty good option on a budget. Too Faced Shadow Insurance is also supposed to be pretty good too.

>> No.6697850

I have pimples and am getting medications for it, in few days, but I was wondering... Do you guys know what kind of foundation would hide the acne and the acne scars? Thanks in advance!

>> No.6698334
File: 657 KB, 1200x700, skincare.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6687734
>Eyebrow tips?
Use an eyebrow marker! It looks so much more natural, lasts until you take it off with makeup remover, and you don't have to set it with a powder or gel so your brows don't get cakey or clumpy. I swear by Josie Maran's argan oil brow marker.
On a day-to-day basis I usually wear BB cream. My favorite has been Caolion's Sensitive BB, but I've been using Tarte's Primer BB for the past few weeks and I'm starting to think it could be my new HG BB cream. If I need a little extra coverage, I use the Kat Von D Lock-It foundation. In either case, I always, always set with Koh Gen Do's Maifanshi powder - it's amazing stuff.
>Your daily routine?
Pic related for skin care. I then prime with Hourglass's Mineral Veil primer, conceal my undereyes with Bobbi Brown's Corrector, apply one of the aforementioned foundations, conceal any blemishes that my foundation didn't with Kat Von D's Tattoo concealer, set it all, and do my brows. Depending on the day I might contour with the Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer and then highlight, usually with MAC's MSF in Lightscapade or Benefit's Highbeam. For blush I almost always wear Cargo's blush in the shade Catalina.

Next I prime my lids with Too Faced's Lemon Drop Shadow Insurance and top it off with shadows usually from one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes. After that I apply Stila Kajal in topaz to my waterline and Bobbi Brown's gel liner in black ink to both lashlines. Then I pile on L'oreal's Voluminous mascara in carbon black.

As for lip color, I usually wear Korres' lip butter in jasmine (dat smell...yum).
The same as the above, but I always use Dior's Airflash foundation when I cosplay because it's better to have an airbrushed finish if you're going to be photographed a lot. I also contour a bit more heavily and apply some extra blush. Of course I wear fairly dramatic falsies and slap on the mascara unless the character has a more natural look.

>> No.6698739
File: 427 KB, 493x792, you can do it, anon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6692043
That lady's eyebrows are thin, but not sparse at all. Actually, it is a very common trait among asians to have bushy, sparse eyebrows, whereas white women generally have 'hairier' and more defined eyebrows. Those koreans you see have their eyebrows filled in, that's why they don't appear as sparse.

Let your ones grow wild and fill then in to make them appear thicker.

>> No.6699766

I use Missha M Perfect Cover, but where I live it's winter soon, so my skin's going to become drier (it's pretty dry already, no matter how much moisturiser I put on). Is Etude House Precious Mineral BB cream more hydrating?

>> No.6699790

>>6697850
As someone with really bad skin and pigmentation, the best I've found for coverage is Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Coverage. You only need a tiny bit of it and it covers really well, I actually use it instead of concealer when I dont feel like wearing a lot of foundation. I'm also really pale and its lightest shade is one of the palest foundations I've ever found, not sure if that's helpful though.

>> No.6699815
File: 288 KB, 1600x1200, IMG_7313.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hi guys! I was wondering, have any of you bought popular gyaru make-up such as Dolly Wink, Canmake, Kiss Me, etc. ? And how was the quality? I'm going to Japan in 2 weeks and I was thinking of stocking up on makeup there since those brands are expensive here. I like Dolly Wink eyelashes but haven't tried any of the makeup products.

>> No.6699833

I am in love with the Maybelline Color Tattoos (since they're the only product that stays put on my oily lids), but the problem is that I find the color Audacious Asphalt way too unwearable because it cools the whole look down and I don't like that. Any ideas on how to get more use out of it?

>> No.6699859

>>6699815
I have that eyeliner
easy to apply, great color, but it faded really fast on my eyes

>> No.6699991

>>6699815
Tried DW eyeliner and the shadow, was not impressed. Lashes are nice but spendy
Canmake cream cheek is good.
Most stores have testers out.

>> No.6700084

What BB cream would you guys suggest for very pale skin? I've tried the most common US-made ones, and all the lightest shades are still a bit dark or yellow-toned for me.
Also, is there any difference between US and Korean-made BB creams?

>> No.6700095

>>6700084
I've never tried a western BB cream that came close to Korean. Don't bother with it. I'm really pale and most BB creams in light colours are fine. My favourite is probably Etude Precious Mineral

>> No.6700094

>>6700084
Missha is nice, it's ashy so suits my cool tone skin. I've used the super BB in orange which is okay too. Just bought some Dr Jart stuff so will see how that goes, but it looks really pale and ashy which is good for me at least.

>> No.6700100

>>6699815
I have the dolly wink liner and like it more than other pen liners I've used - its very pigmented, hasn't dried out and the tip is nice and thin. I think I may prefer gel liners though; using a brush for application is easier to control. You need to use a decent eyelid primer to ensure eyeliner doesnt fade or smudge off, lasts on me all day until I wash my face that way.

>> No.6700101

>>6699815
the eyeliner's a solid black and is pretty easy to wash off with just water - eyelashes come in a ton of different styles, depending on how natural you want them

i have the eyeshadow too, but no idea how to use it heh u_u

>> No.6700168

>>6699815
>Canmake
Generally good for the price. I own their pressed powder Highlighter, Nose Shadow Powder, nude lip gloss (can't remember the product name), lashes and Cream Cheek. Cream Cheek Powder is pretty awesome.

>Dolly Wink
I've only bought their lashes which are okay. I prefer their more natural styles but you're better off buying Diamond Lash if you want bang for you buck.

>Candy Doll
I own their Shading Powder, which is essentially matte bronzer. You could probably get something just as good (or better) locally. Candy Doll's lip concealer is pretty good though.

A notable product is K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo eyeliner.

>> No.6700211

>>6699766
Just use a moisturizer with the BB cream. Most BBs don't have enough moisturizer.

>> No.6700440
File: 16 KB, 301x298, 1358690445563.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw extremely red lips as a guy
How do I get pinker lips? Is there an easy fix to this?

>> No.6700460

>>6700440
cover them with foundation/bb cream/base of your choice, then put on very light coat of lipstick in colour you desire your lips to be.

>> No.6700826

>>6700084
BRTC Jasmine Water BB or Missha's Perfect Cover in 13. For western BBs maybe try Tarte's new BB cream in the lightest shade.

>> No.6700838

>>6700084
I'm very pale too, and even in the Korean brand I had to get the lightest shade. I was at a convention and got to try several, but I use the Dr. Jart silver label. Only place I've been able to find it is online at Amazon. Sephora carries one but its a darker shade.

>> No.6700844
File: 114 KB, 1600x1200, Soap-and-Glory-Face-Massage-Mini-Mitt-hand.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6690648
>>oily skin, but somehow also really flaky on my cheeks
Try a gel moisturizer. I have the same combo skin type and switching from a traditional moisturizer to a gel one made a HUGE difference in the quality of my skin. Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream practically saved me, so I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. It's only $7 or so, and it's an exact dupe for Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel which is almost $20 more.

>>whiteheads and blackheads no matter what I do
Buy a silicone face scrubbie. I bought mine at Sephora, but a bunch of websites sell them. If you buy one of L'oreal's 360 cleansers, it'll come with one attached to the bottle. These things work wonders, like even-better-than-my-Clarisonic wonders, and they're only around two bucks. Pic related~

>> No.6700959

>>6695883
THAT IS A GREAT IDEA

>> No.6701349

New item in makeup bag
>'this is my eyeliner spoon'

>> No.6702952

I have a lot of little blackheads on my nose and i try manual extraction but they just come straight back. anyone recommend a good scrub or product?

>> No.6702965

>>6702952
christ girl
read at least the posts directly above you
>>6700844

>> No.6703011

>>6702965
>>6702952
they don't work for me.

>> No.6703043

>>6703011
Okay, so then list everything you have tried before asking for suggestions. Also a physical scrub is exactly the same as a different physical scrub, so why are you asking for more of the same?

>> No.6703082
File: 846 KB, 1043x751, makeup.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I only have paint on this computer, so sorry for the crappy resizing. Didn't want to make it too huge, either... Here's my usual make-up. It's sort of a lot, but it doesn't usually end up looking too cakey or bad.

For reference, I've got oily skin. The items with stars on them are my Holy Grail items that I've replaced quite a few times now.

For the lip products, I put the stain on the inside of my lips and the nude on the outside with gloss on top for the ulzzang-ish(?) look, so that's why there's so many, haha.

>> No.6703089

I've heard Missha Perfect Cover makes people break out, is that true? While I love my Skinfood Good Afternoon BB cream it's one shade darker than my skin tone and looks a little weird. #13 looks like it would be perfect but I've heard really mixed reviews.

>> No.6703087

>Eyebrow tips?
My eyebrows have a good arch and shape so don't require a lot of maintenance. I like to use an eyebrow powder/eyeshadow and apply with an angled brush to fill them in and make myself look polished. I'll wet the brush if I want the shadow darker.
>Your daily routine?
At the moment it's really basic, I try to get it all done within 5-10 minutes.
- wash face with sukin sensitive gel face wash. Once a week use dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant. I love dermalogica products.
- moisturise with dermalogica intensive moisture balance
- apply skin79 orange bb cream
- finish with everyday minerals finishing powder
- apply a MAC blush
- if I feel like it, apply "highlights" (a benefit ripoff illuminator) to Cupid's bow, inner eye and high on cheek bones.
- if I can be bothered I'll prime my eyelids with bare minerals eyelid primer, then use Dollywink pen liner or a gel liner.
- otherwise I just apply a mascara, curl lashes ideally.
- lip stain or balm and done!

- remove makeup with coconut oil.

For special occasions I'll use eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, and sometimes contour or bronze my face. I'll wear fake eyelashes too.

>> No.6703127

>>6688590
i've heard great things about Lorac Pro palette. it has more matte shades than the naked palette, if that appeals to you. there's a review comparing it to Urban Decay's Naked palette at prettygossip.com~

>> No.6703163

>>6687846
Powder foundation is really good for oily skin. I use physician's formula.

>> No.6703243

Does anyone have an eyebrow mascara/concealer recommendation? I've been eyeing a few of them from different brands but I have no idea which to choose from. Most reviews I've looked at have been okay but the more opinions and perspectives, the better. Just FYI, I've been looking at Dolly Wink, Kiss Me/Heavy Rotation and Palty.

>>6703127
I love my Lorac Pro. The main con I can think of is that the matte shades come off as a tad chalky. They all apply really nicely though. The primer that it comes with is kind of crap (at least compared to Urban Decay's Primer Potion).

Personally, I chose the Pro palette over Naked because it had more matte shades. However, I'm still pretty tempted to get Naked Basics.

>> No.6703455
File: 49 KB, 300x300, Lus-Eye-Liquid-Glue-Calnailsupply-173-300x300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6692081
LUS eye lash glue.
there is a clear one and a black.
So far with my experience, it really holds.

>> No.6704936

Best makeup remover for very sensitive eyes?
I've tried a bunch, but it hurts a lot and doesn't always remove all my mascara.

>> No.6704988

Where are the cheapest non-TaoBao places to get really cute asian cosmetics like Tony Moly, Etude House, etc?

>> No.6704995

>>6704936
Have you tried using extra virgin olive oil?

>> No.6705042

>>6704995
No, I don't think putting oil on or anywhere near my eyes is a good idea.

>> No.6705065

>>6705042
What is your method for removing the make up? Whatever you use shouldn't go in your eye at all, just around it. If you have trouble getting in close to your lash line, use a q-tip soaked in the solution, or fold the wipe and use the creased edge. Olive oil is a good (and cheap since most people have it for cooking to begin with) substitute and can be used the same way.

Also making several passes of the solution for some kinds of mascara and eyeliner is normal.

>> No.6705099

>>6703089
I haven't had any problem with it breaking me out, and I have acne prone skin. That said, it might be different for you. Missha M Perfect Cover comes in a 20 ml tube too, so I suggest that you buy that to try it out.

Speaking of which, has anyone tried Missha M BB Boomer? There's a deal on cosmetic-love where if you buy the BB cream and BB boomer together you get a free makeup pouch, but I don't know if it will be worth it.

>> No.6705366

>>6693134
>>6691013

I'm gonna guess you two are talking about the Nude foundation? It's honestly beautiful, as long as you have average or better skin. I wouldn't recommend it if you have super-oily skin, but pretty much any one else can use it, and it's especially good if you have dry skin, since it's so hydrating. If you have a lot of blemishes, pigmentation you want to cover up, or acne scarring, you may want to try something else- unless you have a really great luminous-finish concealer, otherwise using too much concealer with it is gonna fuck up the 'look'. It is seriously beautiful, and I wish like hell it worked on me, but my skin is too fucked up from years of doing dumb stuff in my teens. I know there's probably not very many older cosplayers in here, but if you're over 30, give the Capture Totale foundation a try (if you're under 30, it will probably break you out). Similar luminous finish to Nude, better coverage, even more gorgeous... You look radiant. It is expensive tho.

Dior have two different formulations of BB creams now, the Hydra Life cream (which is more skincare based) and the Nude BB (which is more make up based). The Nude formula is more like the CC creams that are coming out now- in that it has better coverage and melts into different skin tones better. The Hydra-Life formula is more nourishing, but it feels heavier on the face imo. The Nude is better for most people, I would think, unless you have extra dry skin. I have dry combination (no make up EVER sticks on my chin thanks to acne scarring + oiliness, but my cheeks can be quite tight and flaky, especially in winter), and I find the Hydra-Life one too heavy for me. In terms of finish, they're both meant to be satiny/luminous, but I'd say the Hydra-Life is shinier (up to you if that's a good thing).

I can pretty much give a low down on any Dior products any one is interested in, and some other prestige brands (Lancome, Estee Lauder mainly).

>> No.6705397

>>6705366
Wow thanks! Dior really isn't for me by the looks of it (combo-oily, acne scarring, 18 y/o). I really appreciate it.

>> No.6705424

>>6705366

Thank you so much for your review! Do you know if Sephora carries the Dior BB cream in store? Is it a good idea to use BB cream as primer? What brand of luminizer would you recommend?

>> No.6705528

>>6703243
thanks for your valuable input! think i'll grab lorac pro over urban decay.

>> No.6705577

>>6705397
You could move to the Forever foundation, which is their medium coverage, long-lasting foundation. Totally different finish though (semi-matte, which is a REALLY classic 1940s look), it doesn't make you look 'fresh' or 'young', that's for sure. It's the one I like the most but it's definitely not for every one. I find it sticks the best to my skin. And no problem! Are you looking for a light coverage foundation, or you just wanted something with a 'bare skin effect'? Because Lancome Teint Miracle is still nice, has slightly more coverage than Dior Nude and has the dewy finish thing going on. Imo, it's honestly not as nice as Dior Nude BUT if your skin isn't perfect then it's a really good option to check out!

>> No.6705603

>>6705424
No worries girl, I have a lot of experience with Dior so I may as well share my experiences.

I'm not sure sorry, I'm not from the States. The Nude BB came out relatively recently, so it should still be a heavily promoted product- if your Sephora carries Dior they should have it! Hydra Life BB might be more difficult to find since it's not in the core range.

I personally find using BB Cream as a primer way too heavy for me but I know other people that SWEAR by it (specifically the Hydralife BB under a medium to full coverage foundation). It depends on why you want to wear the BB cream I guess. I wear it as a light coverage, easy to apply option on the weekends. It won't help your foundation last any longer than using just a moisturiser, and it definitely won't do the job of a good primer. It will give your foundation a boost of radiance though, and will help with blemishes and pigmentation.

As for luminiser do you want it super highlighty? Dior Skinflash/YSL Touche Eclat/blahblah concealer is a good natural-looking alternative (basically all the big brands have a version of this stuff and it's all pretty similar). It's mainly for under eye concealing but it's really good for on the top of the cheekbones, down the nose, etc. It's understated.

If you want shinier, the MAC options are pretty good. Strobe Liquid/Cream are both GORGEOUS AND SHINY, but I broke out with millia soon after using them, so if your skin is sensitive to some make up like that I would probably avoid it. For powder, the MAC MSFs or Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks are beautiful (I like Petticoat from MAC personally, but it's quite pink so if you have a really yellow tone to your skin it might look odd). The Dior Rose Powder is pretty too, but not as bright. Estee Lauder just came out with a nice (limited edition I think) pink powder highlight which is ultra shiny, like as luminising as a cream, so you should check it out if you like that! Also the NARS highlight sticks- damn good stuff.

>> No.6708400

>>6700844

Any kind of gel moisturizer brands you would recommend?

>> No.6708908

Anybody know a good lip tint from a brand that doesn't test on animals?

Need to be able to get it from a website that ships to Europe as well

>> No.6709648

>>6708400
not that anon, but clinique has a good gel moisturizer

>> No.6709901
File: 62 KB, 800x600, Maybelline-Dream-Liquid-Mousse-Medium.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I would really like to try skinfood's good morning peach bb cream, but I can't seem to find any swatches. I heard about cosmetic-love on another make up thread here somewhere and their prices are pretty good and they seem to have good reviews when I did a google search. I just can't find any swatches! Pic related it's maybelline's swatches. I'm between porcelain ivory and natural ivory.