[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 87 KB, 500x338, llamas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6678428 No.6678428 [Reply] [Original]

Let's face it.

No matter how fantastic your cosplay is, there is always one thing about it that drives you up a wall. Uncomfortable shoes? Tedious makeup? Wig won't hold its style? There's always something. Post yours here.

Pic obviously unrelated, but doesn't Sanji have the cutest tail?

>> No.6678442
File: 261 KB, 449x509, 7932.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Probably my dumbass face.

No matter how much I practice smiling or looking cool for pictures, once someone comes up to me with a camera:
>mfw

>> No.6679162

>>6678428
Yes, OP, his tail is adorable.

All of my cosplays have that one detail that I find frustrating.

>France: shoes
They're fabulous but really uncomfortable. I can't wear them for more than a few hours without my feet screaming bloody murder. I also can't walk on soil with them because the heels punch holes in the dirt.

>Kamina: tattoos
Not only do I have to burden a friend to help me put them on, but the drying process takes a while. I always end up loving them and would rather go capeless than tattoo-less, but applying them is annoying for me and my buddies.

>Warden: shoes
Again with the shoes. His actually cut the back of my feet open so I got rid of them. My friend has since suggested that I get tap shoes to replace them, but I haven't decided on that yet.

>Boris: make up
I can never get the spots symmetrical. I always do one real well and then the other is a drunk oval. I'm surprised how much time is spent in the bathroom working on his spots.

>Flippy: blood spatter
Haven't found a foolproof way of applying it so I always end up making a mess of the bathroom.

I'm looking ahead at my planned cosplays and I just know some of the problems that will arise with them. I bet with Kotetsu it'll be his beard and with Heihachi it will be learning to close one eye without morphing my whole face into some creepy smirk.

>> No.6679190

fucking contacts
my eyes are extremely sensitive so wearing contacts for more than an hours causes such bad irritation, I end up getting grumpy and feeling just... sloppy in general because of it. It's like my whole body becomes hypersensitive, and not in a good way.
That and the feel when you get an itch under your wig...

>> No.6679195

>>6678442
Oh no, this is me. I try so hard to look cool - especially since the cosplay I just took a huge photoshoot of at Katsucon is supposed to be "scary and mysterious" - and then I always end up with derpface mcgee.

>> No.6679205

I'm too feminine for manly dudes, but too masculine for girls/prettyboys.

I'm like Tilda Swinton. I look like a bad drag act no matter what gender I'm trying to pull off.

>> No.6679211

For my Falcon cosplay, the helmet gets uncomfortable after wearing it a while and the visor fogs up.
For Magneto, walking bearfoot sucks in a zentai also white out contacts were uncomfortable.
Abel, walking completey bearfoot can get uncomfy after a long period of time.
just a couple personal examples.

>> No.6679224

Izanagi
Walkin around on fuckin stilt boots and the limitations of vision suck ass

>> No.6679285
File: 65 KB, 640x480, chidori-animestocks[com]-37 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

High heels. No matter what cosplay it is, if I have to wear high heels, I always end in pain, sitting in a corner for half of the day. I can't stand them. But I can't lower them or wear flat shoes because cosplay accuracy.
>mfw I had to wear high heels two days in a row

>> No.6679345

>>6679211
Abel from what series?

>> No.6679361

>>6679345
Street Fighter.

>> No.6679388
File: 94 KB, 192x187, 1352005987272.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6679205
Are you me?

>I'm small and have a medium voice, maybe if I raise the pitch and do my makeup properly I'll turn into a cute girl!
>Nope
>W-well, I'm flat and my voice is a little lower than average. With the proper contouring and attention to detail, I could be a cute boy!
>No
>I-I'll just wear a mask, I mean surely there is--
>Too small and short to look cool enough as most masked characters

I want to get off this ride.

>> No.6684024

>>6679205
Pretty much me as well. Too ugly to be a cute chick, too much t&a to make a halfway convincing dude.

>> No.6684101

Shoes, always the shoes.

I have a hard time wearing heels, but I'm short (5'3") and appropriate heels make costumes look so much better. Legs look longer, posture is better, but my poor feet hurt so much. I wouldn't add heels to a costume where is isn't appropriate (e.g. Chun Li) but for a lot of costumes it is the accurate thing to do.

I get exhausted wearing heels, and then I need to sit and miss walking around and taking photos. Does anyone have a brand of insoles they recommend or any other trick to wearing heels for a long time?

>> No.6684108

>>6684101
Any of those gel inserts for the toe portion of the shoe works well for me. And wear your heels around the house for a week (even if just sitting to watch TV) to help break them in.

>> No.6684121

I hate to have my face visible so I always wear masks. Well masks make face sweaty making my acne worse making me want to hide my face even more. Also reduced visibility and people can't hear me in crowded places.

>> No.6684131

I'm a guy and I do crossplay and lolita sometimes but shoes are definitely the most annoying part. Always too big or too small.

>> No.6684178

Fucking wigs man.

If I could go without, I would go without, but sadly my hair is not top tier healthy dyeable in every colour never gets greasy all that.

When I finally get it to not slip off my head, I have to take out 200 pins at the end of the day. When it's on my head, it's itch city. When it's summer, it's sweat and itch city. When I finally get the fringe at the right height I have to align it perfectly or else it won't look remotely decent. Buying wigs, there's ones too thin, ones in the slightly off colour, the sides of my hair stick out just a bit from the temples.

Just. Fucking wigs how do they work.

>> No.6684223

It changes from time to time sadly.

For now it's wigs, which is especially apparent on my Beatrice cosplay. Did her ballgown/witch version at a convention and her updo wig is quite small for the hair volume that I have, so it's quite painful >___<

>> No.6684227

>>6684101
>5'3"
>short
it isn't that short
heck I'm that height or just sliiiightly taller (maybe 5'4'') and I feel like a giant at times

>> No.6684332

>>6684227
5'3 is very short..

>> No.6684349

>>6684332
5'4" is average height for females in US
i think world average is 5'6"
so 5'3", not really

>> No.6684357

>>6679190
Pat the wig with the palm of your hand.

>> No.6684581

>>6684227
>>6684332
It really depends on the people around you. I'm 5'4" and most people my age (and at cons) are taller than I am and I tend to spend time with dudes in particular, so that makes me feel like a midget. However older generations tend to be much shorter around here so during family gatherings I feel like I'm on stilts.
I guess 5'3" is on the short end of average unless you're from like Papua New Guinea.