[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 379 KB, 1600x1200, wallpaper090228_l.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6658079 No.6658079 [Reply] [Original]

Poupee Girl thread?

I am new to poupee girl but I have spent some money on jewels. However today I have 'brownboxed' for something that isn't illegal or prohibited whatsoever. Is there anything I can do? I looked through my pictures and the only one that is missing is some Swimmer headphones. I can't see how I got banned over these.

>> No.6658084

Ouch. Not sure, anon. I just checked the SWIMMER tag. I don't see any headphones anywhere in there, so maybe they're just barred outright? Bit weird, considering they allow mobile phones to be posted, as well as MP3 players.

>> No.6658090
File: 249 KB, 800x455, IMGP3030.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6658084
This was the photo I used. I listed the correct brand and what it was and it was one of the very first uploads I did. It's been about a week since I uploaded them.

>> No.6658097

headphones aren't allowed

it's dumb, yeah, for some reason they aren't allowed. if you have any questions regarding the legality of items just check out the livejournal, there's a specific tag for items that are and aren't allowed

>> No.6658098

I got brownboxed years ago for rule abiding photos (lolita dresses, modeled on my dress form or hanging up) that had been on the site for months already (two of which had been on there for nearly a year).

>> No.6658100
File: 227 KB, 648x474, 1340745320232.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6658097
That's annoying. Why wait a whole week before banning me though?

I guess I will just do what the FAQ on livejournal explains to do and hope they haven't taken away anything good.

>> No.6658103

Can someone explain to me what this is? I've seen it mentioned for years but I never bothered to look into it aside from knowing it's some sort of dress up game and you use photos of your own stuff?

>> No.6658110

>>6658100
they didn't know it was there until someone reported it

>>6658098
having it on a dressform might have made them think it was professional/stolen, happens to some people who takes too good of photos, in which staff thinks they steal it from a shop

>>6658103
it's a...dress up game where you can post photos of your clothes to get virtual currency to buy virtual clothes. uploading photos is totally optional as well

>> No.6658116

>>6658110
They weren't all that great photos, though, so I'm not sure how they could confuse it with stolen shop photos. At the time, I had a mediocre petticoat and used a cheap red adjustable form, with photos taken against our living room curtains.

IDK.

>> No.6658121

you get brownboxed when hater bitches report you for having stuff that they want but can't afford. It's stupid.

>> No.6658194

I just got back into the site a few weeks ago after having not touched it for something close to three years. Does anyone else feel weird when you're catching up/just getting started because you're taking dozens of photos all at once? I just photographed a bunch of my cosmetics (and weeded out old stuff while I was at it) and ended up with something like 150 images to go through and check for the focus. It makes me feel like I could or should have done something else that would have been WAY more productive...

>> No.6658196

Well it takes a quick, easy Google to learn how to unban yourself by e-mailing the staff. I did it once, I don't know why you can't do it yourself.

>> No.6658595
File: 6 KB, 306x291, flourish_big.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6658194

hobbies are hobbies.
You can always be doing something more productive, but we need hobbies to stay sane.

>>6658121
>you get brownboxed when hater bitches report you for having stuff that they want but can't afford. It's stupid.

yeah they have a highly questionable system too. You can't appeal any brownboxing. Once they say you messed up, they are right and there is nothing you can do about it. No interim period where they let you take it down on your own.
They don't even have an English speaker on staff when they really could use one.

You just have to live in fear that your pics might be too good, that they may have mistranslated a rule, or that some simple bitch is jelly of your stuff.

>> No.6660091

>>6658121
Not really the case.
i got photos stolen from my poupee and put up In other accounts and some never got banned.

>> No.6661293

I've never used the site for anything other than closet browsing. Every once and a while I stumble on a giant Moitie closet or a Japanese girl with every IW item ever made... has anyone ever found a giant AP wardrobe?

>> No.6661665

>>6658595
>You can't appeal any brownboxing.
I unbrownboxed myself, soo...what?