[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 14 KB, 230x194, bbu palette.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6628926 No.6628926 [Reply] [Original]

Can anyone recommend an affordable, good-quality makeup palette that would be good for contouring? I'm new to makeup and have watched many tutorials, but I'm kind of stuck on what to buy. I'd only be using it for cosplay, so I don't want to get anything that's really large or expensive.

Using eyeshadow palettes would be fine as long as they aren't shimmery/sparkly or whatever, right?

>> No.6629745
File: 35 KB, 180x200, 1292686091193.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6629758

you essentially answered your own question, if you have a matte eyeshadow palette then you can probably use that with the caveat that you don't wear it for too long, and clean your face nightly.

tbh i would just get a nice bronzer and use that, you dont need multiple shades if you're using it correctly. bare minerals makes a good one

there's probably a makeup thread i should link to instead of answering this but meh

>> No.6629760

Yes any matte neutral eyeshadow. I bought a cheap coastal scents 120 eyeshadow palatte on ebay.

>> No.6629897

I went around Boots today looking for one and they really didn't have any. I just got a couple of separate containers and I'll play around with them. I use pale foundation(I'm naturally pale) so it's hard to find anything for highlighting. Generally i don't bother though.

Mostly I need to hide my jaw a bit and blending in a darker shade gives the illusion of it sinking in a bit.

>> No.6630099
File: 55 KB, 480x309, tumblr_mi22itYape1qdi6omo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you're going for soemething natural, try Too Faced

>> No.6630185

Some of the less shimmery shadows in Urban Decay's Naked pallet might work.

I used it for my brows, and I've tried contouring with it, but most of the colours are too dark for my skintone.

>> No.6630749

>>6629897
I use natural collection, there's two sets of brown in there, one with an ivory and a dark brown, and one with two more medium shades. I've had both, I use the second considerably more, so now I get the ivory in a single pot instead. Both are £1.99.