[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 653 KB, 1685x2199, Ice_queen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6625371 No.6625371 [Reply] [Original]

Alright, so I'm tackling my first /real/ cosplay, and I have some questions.

I've decided to try for Ice Queen from Adventure Time, and I've got a little over two months to complete it (I know what I've done to myself). I'm fine on makeup and stuff, but I had two questions about the costume:

1) What length wig should I try to order?
2) What material should I make the dress out of?

I don't want it to look cheap, but I also don't want to murder my budget over one dress. I've got a couple hundred saved up from Christmas/birthday money, but my work budget goes almost entirely to gas and school, and I need some of that left over to cover cons and stuff.

As a warning, I'm really new at this (no duh) and I am overweight (size 12/14 depending on the brand, although my petticoat for the dress is a 10). This costume supposed to be sort of a gift to myself for losing 50 pounds.

Anyway, any help on this would be much appreciated!

>> No.6629731

Since when is there an ice queen what year is this

>> No.6629744

>>6629731
you must be new

>> No.6629795

>>6625371
Wig length: no longer than waist length unless you want to kill yourself. I'd buy two of the same wig and sew them together to get it nice and thick, no one is gonna be buttmad that your wig doesn't go to the floor unless they're an idiot.

2. Satin. Not shitty costume satin, but nice quality satin. It's a gown, she's a queen, it'd be nice. It's very easy to tell the difference between shitty costume satin and actual good satin just by looking at it, so that shouldn't be too hard.

>> No.6629978

>>6629795

Wow, I didn't think this would get a response!

I'll be sure to get nice satin, and I'll look around for a decent wig for her and remember to order two!

Thanks for the advice!