[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 59 KB, 358x648, 1341842117029.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6613748 No.6613748[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've been dressing Lolita for a while. I have a couple of dresses and blouses I bought from a Taobao store through Dollypoddle, and one I got from Bodyline(it was the one dress of theirs I liked, it was out of stock for ages so when it came in I had to get it - it barely fits though, even with modifcation).

I'm fairly tall, broad and a bit chubby so it's difficult to find things that fit. I'm trying to lose a bit of weight but it wouldn't really help much with the areas where it's tightest.

I was thinking of searching Taobao again but the last experience I had wasn't great - the dresses came out weird sizes and had to be heavily modified to fit. The blouses I got aren't very comfortable either. I'm worried I took the measurements wrong, but a cosplay I ordered with the same measurements came out fine.

Are there other trans lolis/brolitas who've used Taobao stores and which did you find were better in terms of communicating sizes? Are there other sites to look at?

There were a few FPF dresses I wanted but now I have money, they don't seem to have them in.

I also need a coat, ideally I'd like something that could be worn with a variety of clothes though as I don't really have enough money for a collection.

The style I prefer is gothic & classic but because of my height and increasing age I'm thinking of getting into Aristocrat, and other styles like Mori(which is very hard to do since it's mostly thrift ware, if anyone knows any good western sites that do those sort of bohemian/hippyish clothes in large sizes I'd appreciate it).

Thanks.

>> No.6613759

What style do you like? This is pretty important tbh.

>> No.6613761

>>6613759
***what style DON'T you like.

>> No.6613764

>>6613759

OTT Sweet Lolita really wouldn't suit me. I like most styles of Lolita though. I'd like to try sweet just once. I don't tend to like pastelly colours, depending on the outfit. I tend to either darker or more striking colours; black, red, wine, dark green, and I also like earthy/naturey colours like bronze, mint green etc. but I'm not sure that'd mesh well with lolita - maybe classic?

I like the idea of trying paler colours but I don't think they'd suit me much.

>> No.6613775

Also, before I was into Lolita I was a western goth(the proper classy kind, not the mallgoth kind) and my interest in gothic and classic lolita mostly comes from the overlap there; I liked those sort of fashions to begin with. I was thinking of trying more western goth dresses but a lot of them come across as a bit uninspired when being used to lolita. I always saw myself as most suiting those sort of witchy, hippyish sort of goth outfits but now I think I'm more comfortable in lolita & aristrocrat type stuff.

>> No.6613777

>>6613764
It's kind of too bad because sweet lolita has the most replications out currently, so it would be really easy for you to find clothing. I'm thinking taobao would work pretty well. I know that Rose Melody does custom size clothing, I've bought custom from them and it fits me really well.

>> No.6613786
File: 59 KB, 510x791, lolita3a-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613777

Trust me, I'd look ridiculous in most sweet lolita. Still want to try it.

Will delete this pic if I get hassled. I'm well aware I'm ugly.

I'm thinking of changing this dress too, dying it a darker colour and/or sewing some black bits onto it, maybe roses.

>> No.6613794
File: 242 KB, 700x1023, flowerydress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613786

Bodyline dress. I like this dress a lot but it is a bit of a tight fit. It's one of the few that'd fit if I lost a bit of weight though, so hopefully at some point I can wear it more often. Hormones should shift a lot of the fat around too, though I'm worried about the chest being tight.

>> No.6613799

>>6613786
I don't think you'd look any less ridiculous than other girls in sweet lolita...But I do see how gothic can look nice on you.

>> No.6613806

I hate to direct you to qutieland, but I'm seconding Rose Melody. http://www.qutieland.com/product.p?id=847 This is a gothic set that is only made by measurements.

>> No.6613803

>>6613799

Also as you probably notice empire waists help me a lot. I have natural A cups for whatever reason(being chubby can be helpful when you're trans too) so it helps complete the illusion of a female shape.

I'm big on getting something shirred too so there'll be no need to modify it if my body shape changes significantly, and it should be easier for the shoulders to fit.

Shoulders are the big problem for me, they're 48+cm across.

>> No.6613813

>>6613794
>>6613786
Honestly, the biggest issue with the dresses is not you being fat, but with the skirts not having enough fabric/volume. It really does not look like you can fit a petti under there, which is, sorry to say, the hallmark of an ita dress.

>> No.6613818

>>6613803
Did you mind putting your measurements up?

>> No.6613821

>>6613806
It's cheaper to buy from their Taobao shop via a shopping service
http://rose-melody.taobao.com/

>> No.6613827

>>6613821
I didn't think they still sold the items in this set on taobao.

>> No.6613831

>>6613786

I think the dress is a nice colour as it is - besides, most Bodyline is polyester, and polyester is almost impossible to properly dye. I'd also advise you to stay away from red & black combos on a single dress - there's nothing inherently wrong with it but it's a classic ita colour scheme and should probably be avoided until you're a more experienced lolita.

I think your outfit is a good start, but you should try tying a neater bow on your blouse and tidying up your hair - it's often a big fallacy when people say 'get a wig' but I think one would improve your co-ord. I suggest a long, black style that's layered around the face.

>> No.6613847

>>6613794
ohgodno

>> No.6613859
File: 53 KB, 480x522, two-light-brown-mixed-colors-lolita-hair-piece-1-my-58_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Your hair color is okay, I think you look good in darker hair colors. My advice is to get a wig or extensions, in order to frame and.. hide your face. Long hair will hide your faceshape and bangs will hide your eyebrows. Don't pin the front up.

Also, I totally agree with >>6613813

>> No.6613892

>>6613831

The red dress is not a bodyline, the floral print one is. The floral print has that shiny polyester fabric(Which actually looks okay on that dress), I'm not sure what the red one is, but it's a bit more rough/matte and clothy.

My hair is inherently messy. I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment. I actually like it messy, and I like having an eccentric sort of edge on top of the Lolita as I think it suits me - I'm not really a very prim & proper person.

I find doing my roots a nightmare and some of my hair has snapped off due to overlap bleaching. I'm thinking of dying it black again(my natural colour) but I Really like the colour it is in that pic. I've thought about leaving some strands lighter so I have some colour at least.

I might try growing it out - but honestly, while i Have a strong jaw, shorter, bobbed hair tends to be more feminising on me. When my hair gets long it gets straggly, full of knots and generally doesn't look that flattering. I might try extensions. I was even playing with the idea of getting dreads at one point, it would give me a bit of colour too, but I doubt /cgl/ would approve of that combination.

I didn't intend the dress to be red, it was a burgundy in the pictures, but I do sort of like the red. I agree it does look a little bit ita, but I think it's striking in it's own way too. I don't really hang out with other lolitas and am not necessarily that bothered about looking a bit fake.

I still have a ways to go, but there's no point being 100% serious about this until I'm further on in transition. I know I'm ugly and don't pass. Keep in mind I'm someone who likes lolita clothes more than wanting to do the whole lolita thing perfectly, though I am thinking of increasing my power level a bit as it might help detract from my appearance.

>> No.6613902

>>6613892
>excuses, excuses
Get a wig. Seriously.

>> No.6613929

>>6613902

A wig is going overboard when I'm mostly just looking for dresses to wear. I may as well just change my real hair in that case, but it's pretty unruly.

>> No.6613936

>>6613929
Lolita is really about the overall look, not just how you dress. It's also how you do your make up and how you do your hair. You can wear the nicest lolita dress in the world and you will still be an ita if you don't put effort into your hair and make up too. If your hair is breaking and shitty, get a wig. Not saying you have to wear a big twintailed princess wig, but a nice natural looking wig will help.

>> No.6613938

>>6613892
I'm agreeing with the others who suggest wigs. It'll make you look much more polished, and a naturally colored (brunette, maybe?) wig will help accent your femininity both in and out of lolita.

>> No.6613948

>>6613936

I'm mostly just looking for nice dresses though, not necessarily to have a good Lolita co-ord. As I said I'm not sure how into the full-on lolita thing I am, I just find that it's a better source for the sort of dresses I like than I can get from western fashion.

If I were to get a wig, where would I go with?

I wouldn't mind one like this -

>>6613859

But I wouldn't wear it every time I wore a lolita dress.

>> No.6613955

>>6613892
Just dropping in to say that if your hair is snapping off due to bleaching damage, you might want to just cut it really short and let it grow back. Looking at your pics it looks quite badly damaged. You say your hair gets knotty when it's longer, was that while you were dyeing it? It might be that it was damaged and that's why it was getting very knotty. Maybe cut it short and get a natural looking bob wig if that's the style you like until your hair grows back. Just make sure you take good care of your hair while it's growing back and it will be nice.

>> No.6613958

>>6613948
How much money are you willing to spend on a wig? Cyperous make amazingly good wigs, but obviously are very expensive. Human hair wigs are the most natural looking but again are very expensive. Do you want natural looking or lots of extensions/clip ins? Natural color or unnatural? Curly or straight? Long or short?

>> No.6613960

is there any particular reason advice for you would differ from that for a large non-trans woman? I'm not really familiar with trans people, so i'm sorry if that's offensive, but you just seem a little tall and chubby. you should probably get a few underskirts in basic colors, to add length to dresses. IW makes several styles in tea length (mid calf range), so that can be good if the bodice is shirred.
how long has it been since you transitioned?

>> No.6613961

you really need to get some color treatment shampoo if you aren't using it already

>> No.6613967

>>6613955

It looks like that regardless if I dye it. Unfortunately, I have naturally very messy hair. I already grew out the bleached hair once, fairly recently actually, it took a year and a half and it was still a frizzy mess most of the time. If anything my hair is easier to keep in one place when it's bleached as it breaks down the natural resistance somewhat. I conditioned my hair earlier today, and it doesn't feel all that damaged right now. I'm not entirely sure how the hair snapped off to be honest, I'm assuming it was due to overbleaching but it's possible the headphones I was wearing for a while where snapping a lot of it off too.

Sometimes my hair manages to look decent, but it'll never look as refined as "proper" Loli hair. Honestly I'd be fine if I could get it to look like

>>6613794

every day.

No way would I cut my hair bob short, that would kill my confidence, what little of it I have anyway.

>>6613958

I don't knoe, not very much to be honest. I don't have a lot of money and I'm not intending to replace my real hair. I'd spend more on extensions. Is it worth getting extensions though?

I tend to prefer hair colours that are in the red/purple/plum spectrum but not overly saturated. I'd love to try being blonde or ginger but my hair can't take it and I'm not sure a wig in that colour would look good.

>> No.6613968

>>6613960
I'm actually agreeing with this. It's not inherent in even women how to dress or do their hair or makeup. You may be novice in all of these areas, but atleast you are aware of it. I believe that you just need help styling yourself on the basis that you are a person who needs advice. Your measurements, what you have to work with, what you want and what you need are more important than how you define yourself, to be honest.

>> No.6613970

By the way, about half the hair length in here was virgin growth:

>>6613786

Just to give you an idea.

>> No.6613971

>>6613960

The main issue is finding things that fit my broad shoulders. Height = more width too.

I haven't actually transitioned yet. These are all pre hormones. I've had laser and most of my facial hair is gone, but that's about it. I have natural A cups for whatever reason, I actually have to get my hormone levels checked again before I go on HRT because of it.

>> No.6613973

>>6613967
It's definitely the bleach. STOP BLEACHING YOUR HAIR. If you want to color it, use henna or something, but bleach is so incredibly damaging.

>> No.6613974

>>6613892
>I like having an eccentric sort of edge

Which is means I don't want to put effort so it makes me different desu!

Don't right off try to be different in lolita. Get the basics down then start putting your own twist.

>> No.6613980
File: 785 KB, 1216x1748, Chart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613971
Being trans doesn't make you any different as an ita.

- Makeup, even basic makeup is your friend
- Petticoats, just goddam wear one
- Look neat, no one likes a slob and it just makes it look like you're a bad crossdresser
- Hair, find a hairstyle that works for you. If you have broad shoulders, hide them with big hair. Short hair will highlight your braodness.

>> No.6613981

>>6613967
How short did you cut it off? Because if you didn't cut all the splits out then it would just continue up the hairshaft and won't fix the problem.

I know you're not really looking for hair advice, but I'll give you some tips. It's not just for lolita, this will help you daily if you want nice hair. If you're not bothered and are happy with frizzy messy hair then just ignore the rest of this post.

>Don't wash your hair daily and when you do, use products specifically aimed at frizzy/dry/damaged hair. Maybe look into a protein conditioner.
>Use regular conditioning masks, eg. coconut oil, other hot oil treatments, conditioning masks.
>Avoid heat products (straightners, hair dryer) and if you do use them, use a heat protect spray.
>Go to a hairdressers and ask your stylist about your hair. They can take a proper look and tell you how badly damaged your hair is and what can be done about it.

>> No.6613984

>>6613971
ah, when I said transitioned, I was talking about "since you started acting/dressing femininely"... sorry, I don't know the word for it... but shoulders shouldn't be a problem if you wear JSKs. maybe also try puff sleeve dresses, since they can fall higher or lower on the arm and still look right? you also want to look for things that have either half or full shirring if you are very broad. I would avoid the major sweet brands like AP or BTTSB altogether, their dresses are almost always too short (signed, a 170 cm classic lolita, lol)
also, no offense meant but your makeup is very heavy for everyday, which is normal for people new to makeup. there are a lot of good tutorials on youtube that might help you.
good luck :)

>> No.6613989

>>6613984
>maybe also try puff sleeve dresses
No no no no, it will make their broad shoulders look even more broad. JSKs and skirts are the best options.

>> No.6613988

>>6613786
>>6613794
Going by these photos you don't have broad shoulder, just a big head.

>> No.6613991
File: 262 KB, 250x190, allergic_stupid.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6613984
>Try Puff Sleeves
>Puff sleeves add more bulk to shoulders
>Broad shoulders + Puff sleeves = Football player build

Just no anon, shut the fuck up. You don't know what you're doing.

>> No.6613993

>>6613973

My hair is naturally jet black, there's nothing I can do about that.

Plenty of lolitas bleach their hair without it falling out. I'm just bad at doing it and my hair is very messy and hard to section.

>> No.6613995

>>6613993
Then either embrace your natural color or go to a professional to bleach it. You obviously have no idea how to do it without ruining your hair.

>> No.6613999

>>6613993
Some people have very strong hair. I went from dark brown to white in one day then dyed over that with more invasive dye, and then decided I wanted a different color, so I re-bleached and re-dyed over it. My hair is soft as shit now, but some people I know would be at the wig shop after something like that.

Also, if it's messy try straightening it first.

>> No.6614000

>>6613989
>>6613991
i know they will make the shoulders look bigger, but the concern was "finding things that fit". it's no use buying flattering clothing that doesn't go past your elbows

>> No.6614002

>>6613995
Agreed
>>6613993
You don't seem to know what you're doing in general. Just saiyan, lurk moar or study clothes more. We can't help you if you have shit standards.

>> No.6614003
File: 71 KB, 500x283, 1357433796079.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6614000
It's called plus sized or custom sizing. Why make yourself look like a bad tranny just so you can fit into it.

Get your stupidity out of here

>> No.6614004

>>6613993
That might be, but you aren't plenty of lolitas. You are you, and what you are doing is clearly not working, so don't keep doing it. You really, really need to see a professional at the very least.

>> No.6614006

>>6613974

The problem is I never said I was a lolita. Requiring someone to put effort into things like wigs or whatever just so they can reach some standard where they're allowed be themselves is silly. It's not the same as a Deviantart "Muh style". I'm looking for stuff I like to wear, not appealing to a standard, or intentionally trying to be edgy.

Maybe this was the wrong place to take this.

>>6613984

JSKs means I need blouses though. Same problem.

>>6613988

No, it's the big head that makes the shoulders look more in proportion. I have a short person's proportions despite being tall. It's sort of weird. A lot of the heft on my head/face is fat though, so it'll probably smooth off a bit on hormones.

>>6613981

I cut all the bleached hair off. I went from top of breast length to a short bob.

I'm not happy with frizzy hair, but I don't mind it not being perfect, even with lolita. I'm just not naturally prim and proper so I don't mind being imperfect.

>> No.6614009

>>6614006
Oh ok our mistake. We assumed it from the fact you said
>I've been dressing Lolita for a while
>Are there other trans lolis/brolitas
>The style I prefer is gothic & classic
in your first post.

>> No.6614011

>>6613995

It's the roots that are the problem, the hair was originally professionally done. I can't really afford €60 every 2+ months.

I was thinking of getting big streaks instead since I'd be clearly able to see, no back/underside of head to worry about, but that would probably look pretty "Ita" to most people here.

>> No.6614012

>>6614006
>Requiring someone to put effort into things like wigs or whatever just so they can reach some standard where they're allowed be themselves is silly

So you'd rather be a shit dresser than have some sort of standard by just trying to follow some rules.

THREAD TL;DR I ISH SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE

sage

>> No.6614013

>>6614003
if they were going to just commision things in the first place they wouldn't be asking for advice on buying ready to wear. the OP is asking for advice on finding things that will physically go on their body, and they are having trouble finding any. puff sleeves will physically go on almost any body, even when standard sleeves don't. it's that simple.

>> No.6614014

>>6614013
Because plus sized clothes aren't ready to wear and more flattering in bigger sized people?

Does anyone in this thread have a brain?

>> No.6614015

>>6614009

Sorry, there were two contexts there and I didn't do a good job as distintincting. It's more of a casual vs. full time lolita thing maybe, I have some lolita clothes and would regard myself as "Lolita" in that respect but I wouldn't generally refer to myself as a lolita except when trying to find others in a similar situation. I tried to clarify with this post -

>>6613775

as I said I am interesting in trying out other styles overall, but still want to have a basic style that works for me as well.

>> No.6614016

>>6614013
Well OP seems determined to look like shit anyway so puff sleeves are definitely an option.

>> No.6614017

>>6614006
You need to decide if you're asking for help with lolita or advice on your personal style.

>> No.6614020

>>6614016

I never said I was "determined to look like shit". I just don't want to wear a wig all the time and don't mind having messy hair to an extent. Not meeting a standard 100% isn't the same as looking shit. This is why I don't hang out with other lolitas.

>> No.6614023

>>6614017

I'm mostly looking for stores with affordagble gothic/classic lolita stuff that do custom sizing and have good communication. Once I expand my warddrobe a bit, I'll figure out the rest from there.

I am a bit at a loss at what do with my hair but it's mostly just a case of whether to go back to black or not. But going black will probably damage it too.

If people want to recomend me wigs I'll look into that too, but I'm currently on a limited budget.

>> No.6614025
File: 70 KB, 500x500, surprise lizard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6614014
>thinking it's easy to find plus sized lolita RTW
>and not asian plus sized, which is like everywhere else medium
Not the person you were responding to but how fucking stupid are you

>> No.6614026

>>6614006
>JSKs means I need blouses though. Same problem.
You don't need to buy a blouse from a lolita shop for it to look good with lolita. You can get a plus sized blouse in normal clothing stores, as long as it has elements that work well in a lolita outfit. Since you prefer gothic and classic you'll find it much easier to find a blouse in regular stores than you would looking for sweet styles. If you don't want to wear a blouse, try wearing a bolero or cardigan instead. Failing that, go to a local tailor and commission a blouse. A local tailor will be able to measure you and you can go in for regular fittings and you'll definitely get something that fits your body rather than worrying about whether or not you took the right measurements for a Taobao blouse.

>> No.6614030

>>6614020
You don't have to meet a standard 100%. Even taking some advice to look better would benefit you outside of lolita.

Like >>6614016 said, you just want to look like shit and get asspats for being trans.

>> No.6614031

>>6614017
This. Don't come on here asking for lolita advice then turning round and saying "no no I meant PERSONAL style" when people say your lolita style looks ita and shitty.

>> No.6614033

>>6614025
If you bothered reading, they're not looking for plus sized lolita clothes. They want a casual style to work for them.

Reading, try it once.

>> No.6614037

>>6614033
>If you bothered reading
>the post they put up at the same time I posted
>and not all the other posts they wrote talking about lolita
not my fault OP's a schizo

>> No.6614035

>>6614020

Waaaaa, lolitas are supposed to be lovely and love trans people. WHY U GUYS BEING BITCHES!!! I WANT TO EB DIFFERENT, DON'T PUT ME IN A BOX!!!!

>> No.6614039

>>6614020
Well, even outside of Lolita if you have a good outfit but don't bother with hair and make up, you'll get this type of reaction: 'oh their outfit was nice but that hair and make up ruined it...'
When someone tries to look nice others usually look at them from head to toe, not just the middle.

>> No.6614040

>>6614014
it's very hard to find bigger lolita clothes, and shoulders are very hard, almost impossible, especially to judge online. puff sleeves are i think the safest way, even if they don't always look the best...

>> No.6614045

>>6614040
Yeah OP, get the puffiest fucking sleeves you can find. Looking like a cheap tranny is the best look for you.

>> No.6614053

>>6614040
Yes, I agree. Shoulders are hard. But puff sleeves are not the only option so I don't know why you're so desperate to push them. Alternatives are JSKs, especially those with adjustable straps, and skirts. Just forget about OPs because they are obviously going to be awkward for those with bigger shoulders. JSKs are much more flexible on the shoulder measurement and skirts obviously don't need a shoulder measurement.

>> No.6614054

>>6614045
I'm not the OP, I'm just saying that the style of sleeve is easier to fit. what the hell is your problem?

>> No.6614056

>>6614053
I only keep responding because samefag-chankeeps calling me retarded.

>> No.6614061

>>6614045
I like how you're so mad you're not actually saging.

>> No.6614074

I like how OP has just ignored all the good advice in this thread.

>> No.6614082

>>6614026

I thought of this too, but it's really hard to find them. I'm nearly best off going with Taobao stuff that does custom measurements.

I just need to find a store that's reliable with custom measurements, because the one I tried before wasn't.

>> No.6614084

>>6614037
>>6614033

Specifically I was looking for lolita dresses I can work for my personal style. I'm not sure whether to go for the full on lolita co-ord thing. I'm mostly just looking for cute dresses. I'm on a limited budget right now.

>> No.6614086

>>6614039

I'm not saying I'm not bothering with it, but what am I supposed to do with it exactly? Some people are telling me to shave it off and wear a wig... that's pretty extreme and not an appropriate recommendation for a trans really...

>> No.6614091

>>6614086
Don't bring discrimination into this. The people saying that would say it to anyone who's fucked their hair up with bleach. It's a surprise it hasn't fallen out already.

>> No.6614093

>>6614086
OP, FOR LOLITA you would want to wear a wig. Nobody was suggesting it for everyday wear.Go to a hair stylist, for starters.

>> No.6614098

>>6614086
You're joking, right? Do you know how many people wear wigs on a daily basis? Not even just lolitas and cosplayers. I mean men, women and trans. Especially in cultures with problematic hair, such as asian and black. You can get some really natural looking wigs that people won't even realise is a wig unless you tell them.

As for shaving your hair off, they're not saying shave it off. They're saying go to a professional and get the damaged hair cut off. You might think that your hair is not damaged because it's virgin hair, but trust me, if you have not cut off all the splits, the split will just continue up the hair shaft and through the virgin hair, and you will end up with damaged hair even though it's virgin. Go to a salon and they can tell you how much needs cutting off.

>> No.6614102

>>6614098

I had it cut professionally in the first place.

>>6614091

I didn't say it was discrimination. But cutting my hair off would mean I look even more masculine when I had to take the wig off. It's not unreasonable I'd rule out that suggestion.

Bleached hair doesn't fall off, it breaks off. I have like one or two parts where it looks like it's snapped off.

Once it gets to a certain length, my hair has a natural frizzy texture regardless, and has had done since before I touched it with bleached. Sometimes curly hair is just like that.

>> No.6614105

>>6614102
Someone further up the thread gave you good advice on dealing with frizzy hair. If black girls can deal with frizzy hair, you can too with a bit of effort. The problem is that you're not willing to put in that effort.

>> No.6614110

>>6614105

I've actually tried a bunch of products and not much seems to work. One thing my hairdresser said to do was to get a small amount of regular conditioner, water it down a bit and try leaving that in, but that's sort of a last resort thing.

>> No.6614113

>>6614110

If anyone has any specific products to try though, I'll give them ago.

The same goes for anyone who has a link to an affordable wig store.

Mostly I'm looking to sort out my ward-drobe though, I need more dresses that will fit my shoulders.

>> No.6614116

You know what OP. You are actually pathetic. You make excuse after excuse, even after people have given you really good advice. What's the point of asking for help if you're just going to shit all over it? You could be a girl and I'd still call you pathetic. We can give you all the advice in the world and you still won't listen to us. If you're genuinely interested in advice, shut up and listen instead of putting up all these blocks.

>> No.6614119

I still don't understand why the general hair/skincare/lolita help threads don't apply to you.

>> No.6614124
File: 83 KB, 1235x731, 1344737838359.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6614113
>specific products
Coconut oil. You can run a little bit through your hair as a leave in conditioner, or just leave it on your hair for a bit before you wash it.

>affordable wig store
What kind of wigs do you want? Pretty sure this isn't the most up to date wig links pic from cgl but here.

>dresses that will fit my shoulders
What are your shoulder measurements? It's hard to help if we don't know this. Also chest measurement.

>> No.6614127

>>6613813
I have the bodyline dress there and it has a LOT of fabric for the skirt portion. So it is a fit issue.

>> No.6614126

Basically;
> You don't mind looking like shit
> You don't care if you look like an ita, because ~personal style ~
> You don't want to listen to people's hair and wig advice
> You are ignoring all the good advice

OP, don't come here and say that you don't mind looking like an ita, not listening to advice and then ask for help. We have better brolitas to care about if we want to.

>> No.6614135
File: 333 KB, 700x1200, l141-2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6614127
Is it this dress? What size did you get?

>> No.6614140

>>6614135
Yeah that one, I got it in M. It has a long torso/ drop waist that makes it a bit different than the typical dress but it just meant putting the petti lower on my hips instead of the waist.

>> No.6614142

>>6614140
What are your measurements? I think the L or event the T2L would be a better fit for you. Would depend on if you want more length on the skirt or not.

>> No.6614158

>>6614127
That's cool, girl, but he said that he did "a lot of modification" to the dress in OP (though without specifying what), and the way it's looking in his photo doesn't seem like it will fit a petti. So... both your point and mine are correct.

>> No.6614161
File: 62 KB, 640x480, 130207-163304.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am afraid to say that I don't have a lot of suggestions for you for good Taobao stores. You might want to even ask in the taobao thread, there's always one within the first few pages.
Maybe they assumed you were a woman, and modified your measurements to make sense for a woman's body? I don't think that's fair, but I've heard of taobao stores sometimes switching a size because they think it will look better on you (a.k.a. the size you want is sold out.)

But I do have a lot of experience with extensions, hair bleaching, and wigs.
I used to wear extensions every day for almost a year. And let me tell you-- they are NOT less expensive than a wig. Extensions cost upwards of 150 dollars. A wig costs on average about 30.

I recently ruined my hair with bleach, and instead of fruitlessly trying to grow it out, I cut it all off into a pixie. And now, I can let my hair grow naturally.
I wear a wig everyday now because I'm self-conscious about having short hair. I prefer wigs so much; it takes about 30 seconds to do my hair in the morning.

Here are my favorite wig shops (please keep in mind I'm from the US):

http://mintymix.com/category_8/Wightm

http://www.animestuffstore.com/wigby-style-c-6150.html

http://lockshopwigs.com/

http://stores.ebay.com/COSPLAY-WIG

You're not going to find much in Chinese ebay stores, because Chinese New Year is about to start. But there are many great fashion wigs to choose from any other time of the year.

If you get a nice one, you will grow to LOVE wigs. I understand that you just like the style, and you don't really want to be a Lolita. But a wig would just honestly make you look a lot prettier, just like a wig makes me a lot prettier.

Pic related is my favorite wig at the moment.

>> No.6614168

>>6614161
I'm assuming OP is from Europe since they mentioned € earlier in the thread, so Lockshop would be good for them.

>> No.6614169
File: 152 KB, 258x314, 1291602111199.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6614161
>Pic related is my favorite wig at the moment.
>can barely wee the wig due to poor lighting, grainy photo, and much of it being cut off

But we can see your face really well. Gee, what a surprise!

>> No.6614187

>>6614169
u mad? I'm just trying to contribute to the thread.

But obviously my real motives were to camwhore and derail the thread with my ~flawless angelic visage desu~

>> No.6614193

>>6614187
>u mad
>ANNO DOMINI MMXIII

Also
>camwhore
You said it, not me.

>> No.6614196

>>6614161
>>>/soc/

>> No.6614198

>>6614187
QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

>> No.6614223

>>6613859
I'm sorry this is completely off topic but where is that wig from? I recognize it but can't identify it.

Also, OP.
Lolita is a cutthroat fashion and it's all about looking good. It also has very strict guidelines - which aren't just some bitches ideas so they can bully people who don't follow them, they're there because they help you look better. What you want to wear seems to be more like Otome - which is kind of like a toned down version of Lolita.
Also, you need to take care of your hair. If it's bleached to oblivion, you will probably have to cut it off. It sucks, but it's better to have a fresh start.
My friend dyes her hair a lot, and during the two years I've known her she has shaved her head at least three times because her hair was too damaged.
If you can't take critique or if you're a sensitive person, Lolita is probably not the right fashion for you to be involved in. Take care.

>> No.6614231

>>6614119
>>6614116

Because it's not what I asked for?

Also I did try to humour people who were insistent with the above two response. I'm looking for stores with clothes I know will fit me. That's the main issue here. I'm under no obligation to accept any other advice. I'm not ruling it out, and people are starting to put words in my mouth which I don't appreciate. It took a lot of confidence to just post my picture.

>>6614124

Shoulders are just under 50cm(most dresses will fit 38). Chest round is something like 120cm. I want to get something with some leeway though as I'm going to go up to at least a B if not a C when I start HRT. I can just pad for now if necessary. Shirring would be great.

>>6614161

>http://mintymix.com/category_8/Wi.htm

I'll bookmark those, thanks. I still need to do something with my real hair, but I'll ask my hairdresser. I'll probably either go back to black(this might damage it more though - I might use Colour B4/Oops to get out the current dye before damaging it and try semi-perms then, or I might try dying it straight, not sure yet). That's not so much the point of the thread though, I have other people to ask for that.

A little annoyed the most helpful person in the thread is being attacked by the usual crowd...

Also I would appreciate, assuming people aren't into the lulz so edgy troll xD thing not being explicitly referred to as male as I'm not a crossdresser, I just haven't fully transitioned yet.

>> No.6614244

>>6614169
>>6614193
>>6614196
>>6614198

Love you too, seagulls.

>> No.6614246

why are all the trans people into cosplay and lolita so ugly?

>> No.6614248

>>6614231
People have suggested some clothes:

>>6613777
>Rose Melody does custom size clothing
and your response was
>I'd look ridiculous in most sweet lolita

>>6613806
>seconding Rose Melody
And they linked to Qutieland who sell from that brand

>>6613821
this one linked directly to Rose Melody's taobao store

>>6613960
>IW makes several styles in tea length, that can be good if the bodice is shirred
and your response was to complain about your shoulders, which is why they suggested looking at things with shirring

>>6613984
>shoulders shouldn't be a problem if you wear JSKs
>look for things that have either half or full shirring if you are very broad
And your response is to complain about JSK meaning wearing blouses, so someone responded to you:
>>6614026
about how to get a blouse that fits. Then you just replied that
>it's really hard to find them

So yeah, sorry if people are not as willing to give you any more advice when you're just ignoring it or throwing it back with excuses of why you can't do this and can't do that.

>> No.6614249

>>6614223
>If you can't take critique or if you're a sensitive person, Lolita is probably not the right fashion for you to be involved in.

I don't think it's really fair to exclude people on that basis. Someone told me once that Lolita should be about making girls feel like princesses and I kind of agree.

You're probably right I'm looking for a toned down version of Lolita but I was trying to express that from the start. I don't think there's any real reason for it to be so exclusive.

I don't think my hair is bleached into Oblivion either. As I said, my hair has always been frizzy. If I run my hand through it now, it's mostly pretty soft. It's just one or two areas towards the back have snapped off, which I'm not even sure is the bleach's fault(though I'm sure it contributed) creating a cowlick-ish strand of hair and some surrounding frizz. My hair's been in worse shape before if anything. I'm careful to never bleach it more than once unless the bleach itself was weak.

I'm not trying to make excuses, but it really is just naturally like that. I have fucked up with my hair to an extent which is why I'll be taking it to a professional and am considering no longer bleaching the roots(keep in mind this is mostly because I keep missing parts, more than the damage). I have a habit of cutting my fringe wrong, or getting it caught in things like headphone clamps.

>> No.6614254

>>6614248

Hold on, I haven't ruled out those links. There have been a lot of people posting with a lot of different things, and I've had to try and steer people back on topic. I'm only throwing back advice that I don't feel is relevant and even then that's an exaggeration, I feel some people can't take advice being questioned at all. I'm not disregarding relevant advice, and I'm looking through some of those links. I'm just looking to collect as much as I can before I go on your way.

>> No.6614259

>>6614254
Then learn to say thank you to people who post helpful content. That's just common courtesy.

>> No.6614260

>>6614249
>Lolita should be about making girls feel like princesses and I kind of agree

good thing you're not a girl then
Lolita is a fashion that will always solicit critique whether it is asked for or not. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

>> No.6614261

>>6614161

OOI, what hair/wig colours do you think I'd suit? I Know I suit darker hair, but I always wondered if a very golden, maybe slightly strawberry blonde would suit me as well. I have a ginger/auburn wig for my Eva Beatrice cosplay and I think I really suited that, but it can be a difficult colour to match with Lolita so I may end up not using it.

>> No.6614266
File: 38 KB, 350x350, tumblr_mbb05rnuS61qkvaf7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is for you OP, you earned it!

>> No.6614268

>>6614259

I will when I'm finished asking questions :/ It would help if people weren't making comments like this -

>good thing you're not a girl then

>> No.6614272

>>6613960

I forgot what IW stands for :/

>> No.6614275

>>6614272

Innocent World?

>> No.6614278

Oh actually - on other thing - since I have large hands it's hard to find rings that fits as well. Are there any stores that specifically do open band stuff?

>> No.6614286
File: 312 KB, 1400x1505, 1352860484054.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey man, why not try losing weight to fit into Lolita?

I want to be a brolita, (And a damn good one at that) and that's what I'm doing since it's really a no brainer. It's a mind blowing motivator for me to go to the gym or run (Target goal is to be built like Ryan Gosling) and the best part is I'll look great in both my normal guy clothes and Lolita stuff.

>> No.6614287

Why are we even helping this guy?
> ignores advice
> keeps making excuses
> fat and ugly
> don't care about being ita
> special snowflake

>> No.6614294

>>6614286

That wouldn't really help much for an actual trans. I'm trying to lose a little weight to help me fit in, but being trans being overweight is actually advantageous to masking the male bone structure.

If you're not transitioning you're probably best off losing weight.

>> No.6614293

>>6614261
I think straight black might actually suit you. Usually it's too harsh for someone as pale as you are, but it does seem like you could pull it off.

I think you should try anywhere from dark to medium brown (choose a color with a lot of warmth), and the darker red shades (auburn ect.)

Don't go so gold it's yellow, but if you want to try blonde go with something with warmth. Ginger/strawberry blonde has the potential to look very nice on you.

Just stay away from light/flaxen/yellow blondes.

As for length (though I know you didn't ask this), try to find wigs that go from at least your shoulder to the bottom of your breast. Super long wigs will look fake and bob wigs might make you look older than you actually are.

This is another US based store, but I think they'll have some really pretty wigs that fit the description of what you should look for.

http://stores.ebay.com/jennyshairssethewigcompany

I think these in particular will look gorgeous for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOUNCY-LONWAVY-Light-Brown-mix-WIG-JSCA-6-3/150692593422?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wigs_tensions&hash=item2315fa7f0e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-FACE-FME-Straight-WIG-Chestnut-Brown-WA-8-/150617046964?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wi_Extensions&hash=item231179bfb4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blonde-Redix-OFF-CENTER-Skin-top-WIG-JSPP-R9-/150734749958?pt=US_CSA_MWA_WigExtensions&hash=item23187dc106

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LONG-TRENDFASHION-WIG-Strawberry-Blonde-JSF27-/160601043493?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Wi_Extensions&hash=item2564917225

>> No.6614296

>>6614268
If you want help from people on here, you have to learn how to be polite and say thank you when they give you advice. You've replied to some of those posts, so a "thanks for the advice, but I've had problems with blouses for wearing under JSKs. Any tips for that?" is good etiquette. And yes, IW is Innocent World.
As for rings, look on etsy and ebay for handmade stuff rather than brand items. It'd be more in your price range, plus a lot of handmade rings are set onto an adjustable band.

>> No.6614300

>>6614287

Maybe if you stopped calling me a guy and knocked off the ita/snowflake BS I'd be in a more receptive mood.

>> No.6614306

>>6614300
Here's some advice. Stop responding to the negative comments and just focus on the positive ones. There are some people in this thread trying to help you out but you're so busy focussing on the negative posts that you're overlooking the positive ones, and that's making people get more annoyed with you. If you're trans, you're going to have to deal with negative shit in your day to day life so maybe you need to grow thicker skin? Arguing over every little thing is just making you look bad.

>> No.6614307

>>6614296

OK, sorry. But a lot of the posts here are being very rude and even transphobic so I'm finding it hard not to be grumpy.

>>6614293

I was thinking something like this -

http://lockshopwigs.com/28-mermaidoney.html

I don't want something too muted, I don't like dishwater blondes, or most "Natural" looking browns.

Also, I was thinking about getting some clip-in/tie-in pigtails, which might be a good go between since I'd still get to use my "real" hair to an extent. I know a Loli that has short ginger hair and they looked great on her. I wouldn't mind getting ones that were black with plum highlights though, as that might be what I'm changing my hair to.

>> No.6614305

>>6614300

Cry about it, man.

>> No.6614310

>>6614306

A lot of the "positive" posts still contain remarks like that though, so it's not that hard to distinguish. Even the people offering links/examples have been referring to me as male and it's a bit upsetting as I thought lolita at least accepted trans people a bit better than this, but this is tumblr-obsessed 4chan I guess.

>> No.6614315

>>6614307
>black with plum highlights
Might be difficult to find. You could get some plain black ones and some clip in plum extensions (I've seen small ones that are sold to add streaks of color to your hair) and clip those into the pigtails.

>> No.6614321

>>6614315

I could always try dying it myself too.

I don't necessarily have to match the colours either, as long as they go together.

>> No.6614322

>>6614310
No offence, but how do you get through daily life? Do you argue with everyone that you come across? I have a couple of trans friends and they know they have to put up with people calling them the wrong gender until after they really start looking it after hormones and surgery. It happens, just ignore it and move on.

>> No.6614326

>>6614321
You can't dye synthetic hair lighter. Black is the darkest so it'd be impossible to dye it to plum. You might be able to dye a plum to black but it's not simple to do. You'd be better off adding in extensions rather than dyeing wigs.

>> No.6614327

>>6614322

It's not really an excuse for other people to do it.

And that's what it's like for some trans people, yes. You can't really argue with people passing on the street in the same way though, since they're passing, not on a discussion/image board where the format encourages you to reply. Which is why this trend of making trans people out to be all oversensitive tumblr SJW really irks me, because most people wouldn't put up with that shit.

>> No.6614332

>>6614326

Ah, okay. I could always thread some of my own hair through it as well, if I was using them more for volume rather than length.

Where can I get some though? I don't see ones in this wig store.

>> No.6614334

>>6614293
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/LONG-TREN-FASHION-WIG-Strawberry-Blonde-JS-27-/160601043493?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Ws_Extensions&hash=item2564917225

Also, these are US shipping only sadly :(

The first is nice, but the second is a bit muted and I'd worry the last 2 will make me look a bit too "tranny". They look good quality though. I may stick with that European store, but they don't seem to do clip ins, I'll keep looking.

>> No.6614333

>>6614310
Look. You need to shut the fuck up. We can refer to your body type as male, because it's currently a male body. You fucking trans people should be lucky that this society actually caters to your stupid dysmorphia rather than labeling you insane like 20 or 30 years ago, or like they still label people who 'really believe they were supposed to be born without limbs'. You people shouldn't get fucking hormones you should get mental help.

Switching genders doesn't change your minds view of how you look. This is a psychosis disease like anorexia.

>> No.6614346

>>6614332
You could try Taobao or L-email (http://www.wig-supplier.com/)) for clip in pigtails. Lockshop sells clip ins too.

>> No.6614354

>>6614333
>>>/pol/

>> No.6614349
File: 45 KB, 220x245, tumblr_inline_mh1i2uLvfP1qdxh0p.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6614333

trollnigger

>> No.6614356

>>6614307
>But a lot of the posts here are being very rude and even transphobic

Do you know where you are right now dude? Oh man, you should go post on >>>/pol/ they LOVE tranies over there.

>> No.6614359

>>6614300
The only other post I made is this >>6613859. I wanted to help you at first, but you suck. Maybe there is a reason why people are calling you snowflake and ita?

>> No.6614363

For custom lolita dresses, look on the Taobao spreadsheets that's a couple of posts below this one and there's a list of all the ones that do custom sizing. If you find one you like the look of, post in the Taobao thread for reviews. Or I suppose you could post it here. As a couple of people have said, Rose Melody is pretty good when it comes to custom sizes. Another alternative is to go to a local tailor if you're worried you've measured yourself wrong. You could get them to take your measurements and commission things from Taobao. For really fitted pieces, I'd always recommend going to your local tailor because you can try it on and they can make alterations there and then. It's good for things like blouses if you don't want back shirring on them. As someone else said, you can look for blouses in local high street stores, which means you can try them on and see how well they fit you.

>> No.6614362

>>6614346

I just saw Lockshops under "accessories", oops. I might try these, look like a good option. Thanks.

>> No.6614368 [DELETED] 

>>6614359

That's not an excuse, calling me a guy would piss other trans off as well not to mention your original not to mention

>hide your face.

If a trans person gets ungendered as soon as you're pissed with them that's your fault, not theirs.

>> No.6614369

>>6614249
>>6614249
But this has nothing to do with what it should be, it is what it is, you know? You have got to take the good with the bad.

There are shampoos made for frizzy hair, I'd recommend you look into that - I have very fine, straight hair with no volume so I'm using volume shampoo. Going to a pro also sounds like a good idea, I personally always go to a proper hairdresser when I cut my hair - I'd never let somebody who doesn't know what they're doing touch my hair. And even then, I wear wigs some days when I'm too lazy to wash my hair.

For blouses I'd say you should check out the plus-size stores and sections at the closest mall - one of them ought to have a cute blouse that fits. If I remember correctly F21 has plus size clothes with shoulders 40 cm and up.
Or contact a local seamstress.

>> No.6614373

>>6614359

That's not an excuse, calling me a guy would piss other trans off as well not to mention your original not to mention

>hide your face.

If a trans person gets ungendered as soon as you're pissed with them that's your fault, not theirs.

>> No.6614376

>>6614373
They made a valid point though. A male faceshape is usually more square with a strong jaw, where as female faceshapes are softer and rounder. A long wig that frames the face will hide the male faceshape by hiding the edges of your face and softening it. It'll made your face more feminine.

>> No.6614381

>>6614376

Yeah, but they already said "frame" your face, it was unnecessary to go on in that matter. Either way there isn't really excuse for attacking someone's gender like that, and I hate when people get overly pushy with unsolicited advice.

>> No.6614378

>>6614369

I generally avoid Shampooing often in the first place, and condition fairly heavily. Most of the anti-frizz serums don't work and leave my hair feeling a bit manky. Only thing I've really tried that works is trying regular conditioner, watering it down and leaving it in, but that can be icky too.

I have a hairdresser I regularly go to.

I had this idea on more than one occasiona, but most shops in Ireland don't really seem to do nice blouses. I went to Evans, the big plus size chain - they're very expensive and still don't have much that fits my shoulders. I'd probably be looking at a lot of money for something decent, so I may as well get something custom made.

Aside from Lolita - finding any clothes that fit is a burden. I've had the best look with Lolita-ish clothes if anything.

>> No.6614380

Why even bother posting if you aren't going to accept good advice? You NEED a wig. Stop arguing this point. Your natural hair does not flatter your face shape in a feminine way, and the sooner you accept this, the sooner you can have a look you're happier with. By posting on /cgl/, you are implying that we know our shit- and we do. Let people tell you what to do and stop arguing, you'll thank them for it when you take that advice on and feel 200% prettier for it.

>> No.6614385

>>6614380
>Let people tell you what to do and stop arguing, you'll thank them for it when you take that advice on and feel 200% prettier for it.

I think you may want to reassess your approach because statements like "let people tell you what to do" are only going to aggrivate, especially to someone who's been told to dress like a boy for most of their life. I also think you should follow the conversation as I have been looking at wigs and clip ins.

>> No.6614383

>>6614378
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, I doubt there is nothing. I live in the UK and I have found cute blouses in many different high street shops. H&M, Topshop, New Look, Next, Peacocks, TKMaxx, and even in Primark. Many of these shops go up to very big sizes, so have a look around and you can usually find something suitable.

>> No.6614391

>>6614383

Our equivalent of Primark is pennies, they've been very hit and miss. Their sizes are very inconsistent. TKMaxx are sort of similar, and i don't see much worthwhile there in the first place.

Keep in mind that it's pretty rare to find anything that'll fit my shoulders in the first place, most shopping trips I go on I just come back depressed.

>> No.6614397

>>6614381
Honestly, hiding your face is probably the best advice so far.

>> No.6614394

>>6614381
Look, you asked for advice about lolita. Of course you're going to get make up and hair advice too, even though you only ask for clothes. Why? Because people genuinely wanted to help you not look like a total ita. We were all under the impression that you want to wear lolita. You kept saying you want to wear lolita. You were not clear at all about wanting clothes for casual style.

>> No.6614398

>>6614385
>asks for advice
>complains about people telling them what to do
Yup, special snowflake.

>> No.6614399

>>6614385
No, actually, I don't want to reassess my approach. Asking people for advice and then going 'nerrrr I don't wanna do that, I wanna be a special snowflake!' is nothing short of retarded. Your status as trans (which you are apparently trying to shoehorn into everything) has nothing to do with your fashion issues, nobody is oppressing you by telling you to Get A Fucking Wig (tm), it's one of the basic rules of /cgl/.

>> No.6614403

>>6614391
TKMaxx you have to keep searching there. Their stock rotates quite regularly so keep searching. I have another recommendation but you're probably going to hate it. Try looking at shops aimed at crossdressers. I know you are trans, which is different, but since you are not on hormones yet, so your body is not changing yet, crossdressing shops will at least stock cute clothes for people with bigger/broader shoulders.

>> No.6614406

>>6614398
>>6614399

That's not the advice I was asking for, and this sort of pushy bullshit just comes off as obnoxious to an outsider. Stop putting yourself beyond reason just because you're criticising or "Helping" someone. That's not what I asked for. If you offer unwarranted advice and it's not accepted, move on. You're not even following the conversation as the last few posts have been me discussing wigs with someone who actually seemed interested in helping instead of flaunting their "Expertise".

And yes, things are different and generally harder in terms of fashion when you're trans, that's what the thread is about. I haven't brought it up where it isn't relevant and accusing someone of playing the X card is a cheap move in of itself.

>> No.6614413

>>6614403

I wouldn't be beyond going to somewhere like that as going into regular female clothing shops can be awkward anyway, but there isn't really anywhere like that here, anymore anyway. This is Ireland, pretty small and conservative.

>> No.6614418

>>6614413
There's a lot of online shops dedicated to crossdressers. Just google it and I'm sure you'll get quite a few hits.

>> No.6614422

Alright, here it is.

You need a wig. A long one. I'm sorry, but your natural hair just isn't doing it.

There's seriously nothing to be ashamed of as far as that goes. A long wig will frame your face and make you look much more feminine than your current hair does. You DO want to look feminine, don't you?

You need to lurn2makeup. Here's a little tutorial on how to do the eyes:

http://www.makeupgeek.com/tutorialstep-by-step-doll-eyes/

Here's a few hints for foundation, powder and blush:

http://thehairpin.com/2011/05/the-owy-skin-makeup-tutorial-primer-fndation-blush-and-bronzer

http://www.temptalia.com/tutorial-wy-glowy-flawless-skin-foundationlush-contour-highlighting

And here's a good lip tutorial:

http://www.shamelessfripperies.comideo/red-lipstick-tutorial-moderninimalism/

Now, for the love of fucking God, do NOT follow all of these step-by-step, at the same time. These are just GUIDELINES, alright? You need to experiment with make-up and find tones that work for you, for the look you want.

Don't get pissy because we're trying to help. We want you to be as pretty as you can, and trust me, you'll feel like a princess if you listen to what everyone's trying to tell you.

>> No.6614432

>>6614406

All the pretty clothes in the world won't help you if you can't polish yourself, sheila.

Come on, now.

>> No.6614435
File: 57 KB, 413x550, tumblr_m014qnRbkS1qay5oa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I always thought all trans people looked like this ;_;

>> No.6614438

You know what the sad thing is? People started out trying to help OP until they completely flipped out.

>> No.6614440

>>6614435

Oh my God, I melted.

Look at her eyes~

>> No.6614456

>>6614406
>I want advice
>but I don't want this advice!
no. You post an advice thread, you get what you get. Obnoxious to an outsider, yes, exactly. As an outsider, perhaps you should sit the fuck down and listen. 'Obnoxious' is how it goes here. Advice does not have to be delivered in a pink silk cushion for it to be helpful.

Your second point would be well worth considering if I'd actually been talking about clothes, but I am not. Again, shoehorning. This kind of behaviour gives transpeople a bad name. Just accept the advice you're given, and if that's too much for your precious little princess brain, don't ask for it in the first place.

>> No.6614457

>>6614435

I want to fucking kiss her face.

>> No.6614466

>>6614422
>http://www.temptalia.com/tutorialewy-glowy-flawless-skin-foundatioblush-contour-highlighting

Mainly it looks like I need more brushes... thanks...

Ideally I'd rather not look too made up, I'm hoping hormones feminise my face quite a bit so I've less need for contouring etc. I sometimes use a darker colour on the edge of the jaw to make it look shadowed.

>> No.6614478

>>6614456

As far as I can see you're just making excuses for giving shit, unnecessary advice. If I get advice that's not relevant to what I was asking for, which was, specifically, stores with custom measurements/wide shouldered things, then I am under no obligation to accept it. This extreme individualism might shock you a bit but at the very least I suggest you don't waste your time on those who don't appreciate your attitude and never will.

>> No.6614481

>>6614456
This. /cgl/ will give you the brutal, honest truth. That's the way it works around here. But /cgl/ can also give you fantastic advice.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/inspirplus-sizes/shop-department/inspir2-pack-aubergine-and-white-gypsy-ps_269364058
These could be great in a casual loli/otome coord. The colours work great in classic/gothic, and it comes in size 18 to 26 UK.

>> No.6614482

>>6614300
almost everyone in this thread has actually been really great about you being trans. it was only when you started being a douche that people started making snide comments.

you need to learn to listen to people who give you advice. a lot of people have given you a lot of great advice, and you're ignoring it.

>> No.6614484

>>6614435

No amount of wigs or makeup are going to make me look like that, and it feels bad just thinking about it. Some trans are a lot more lucky than others.

>> No.6614488

>>6614478
Yeah but you also are ignoring the advice people have given you about stores that do custom clothes/bigger things. You've responded to maybe 2 or 3 things when there's been a lot more helpful stuff about clothing.

Keeping it on topic though, have you considered wearing a waist cincher?

>> No.6614489

>>6614484

No, you won't look exactly like that, but listening to what everyone's trying to tell you WILL make you look more like a woman.

>> No.6614494

>>6614482
> it was only when you started being a douche that people started making snide comments.

That's not an excuse for it. It's hardly being "Really great" if that acceptance drops at the first sign of trouble.

>you need to learn to listen to people who give you advice. a lot of people have given you a lot of great advice, and you're ignoring it.

I've ignored people who have bad attitudes or are otherwise pushy. I have not ignored everyone and have engaged a number of people on this thread.

/cgl/ advice givers seem to have a self of entitlement about them. Even if you advice is good, it doesn't always apply and doesn't have to be accepted if it's not relevant to the topic at hand.

People in my situation have a lot of unwarranted advice hoisted on them and you can quickly become everyone's doll. Nobody is under obligation to accept advice they didn't ask for, though, it's just that the culture here has taken it as a given that people should.

>> No.6614497

>>6614488

I have a corset, it was pretty uncomfortable though and I'm still figuring out how best to wash it. I think I prefer to just wear Empire waist stuff for now, but I'll dig it out again if I have an outfit that needs it.

>> No.6614501

>>6614494

You asked about lolita fashion.

The make-up and general appearance is a giant part of the fashion.

You need to learn to polish up before you even think about getting dresses.

>> No.6614500

>>6614494
Honestly, if you were a girl being a douche we would have made snide comments. We just pick on stuff that you react to. So far that seems to be working pretty well.

>> No.6614505

>>6614497
Nah, it's not a corset. It's a waist cincher. They're not quite the same.

>> No.6614512

Now I fucking remember you. You were that mong dollywitch from the replica blowup.

http://archive.rebeccablacktech.cocgl/thread/6053303
http://archive.rebeccablacktech.cocgl/thread/6054156

>> No.6614514

What's the point of becoming a transgender when you don't care about looking like a woman? People have given you advice to help you look more like a woman, but you don't want it. At this point you look like a man in a dress. I'm don't have anything against trans people, I just don't understand you. Even Jason is doing a better effort than you.

>> No.6614515

>>6614505
>waist cincher

Isn't that a type of corset? The smaller kind? Sorry.

>>6614500
>Honestly, if you were a girl being a douche we would have made snide comments.

I am a girl. This is part of the problem, and people were making remarks like this before I acted like a "douche", which is apparently something reserved only for those claiming to be giving advice.

>> No.6614521

>>6614494
> It's hardly being "Really great" if that acceptance drops at the first sign of trouble.
Holy fucking shit, have you even spent more than five minutes on this board? As soon as you start pissing people off (and your special snowflake attitude is doing a great job of that one), they will pick on whatever to make you feel like shit. If you can't deal with that, go post on Gaia's shiny new lolita board.

>>6614478
I am drunk and belligerent, so your shitty attitude has pissed me off more than it might have otherwise. Know your fucking place. There is no point in coming to the people who know how to make you over if you won't accept their experience and knowledge. If you were the lolita expert you act like, you wouldn't be posting this thread in the first place. As anons have said, people have given you advice which you IGNORED because it wasn't coated in enough sparkles and compliments to suit Princessu OP-chan. /cgl/ is not a hugbox.

>> No.6614519

>>6614514

Fuck, my ex was a hairy, greasy, acne-scarred ughly sonofabitch, and he still puts more effort into looking feminine than you do.

>> No.6614525
File: 115 KB, 1252x550, wtf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6614512
Holy shit, I actually remember this. You are the crazy replica guy.

>> No.6614526

>>6614494
4chan isn't known for being the kindest place on the internet. If you want advice "delivered on a pink silk cushion" you should go to tumblr.

And we don't know you, how on earth are we supposed to know what kind of advice you want? Just thank people who are trying to help you. It isn't that hard.

>> No.6614532

>>6614514

There's no one way to look like a woman in the first place, I know many trans who don't wear makeup, and some who are tomboyish.

I like pretty things, but I don't like the harsh standards that are levelled at women and doubly so on transwomen. I wouldn't wear makeup most of the time if I could get away with it.

I'm going to delete this thread now as it's getting to be a mess. Thanks for those that did help, and I'll save your links and take things on board. I can see this is the wrong place for it though, I changed /cgl/ despite knowing it had a bit of an elitist/misogynistic streak since I wanted quick answers, but for stuff like this it's a bad idea in general. I just end up feeling worse about myself and others when I was already at a very low point in terms of dysphoria. A lot of girls take for granted being shown how to use makeup etc. when they're young and some people are just plain better at picking up on things, when you're depressed it can be hard to put on makeup in the first place. I haven't gone out dressed in months.

This wasn't what I needed, and I'll delete it in a minute to avoid the inevitable HURR HUGBOX comments which don't fucking help anyway.

>> No.6614536 [DELETED] 

>>6614521
>I am drunk and belligerent, so your shitty attitude has pissed me off more than it might have otherwise. Know your fucking place.

Fuck off. You have an unwarranted self of self confidence and come off as deeply unpleasant to be around. Stop twisted what I've said or done to fit your nice little "snowflake" meme.

>>6614519

Being a woman shouldn't be about effort in the first place. And you should have more respect for the shit trans have to go through to be seen as female at all.

>> No.6614539

>>6614532

WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO FUCKING HELP, YOU ASSHOLE

Easy girl, no need to get so angry YOU HAVE FUCKING POTENTIAL AND YOU'RE RUINING IT BY BEING A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!

God actual dammit, are you retarded?!

>> No.6614541

>>6614532
>There's no one way to look like a woman in the first place
one way to look like a woman is by not looking like a man

>> No.6614542

>>6614521
>I am drunk and belligerent, so your shitty attitude has pissed me off more than it might have otherwise. Know your fucking place.

Fuck off. You have an unwarranted sense of self confidence and come off as deeply unpleasant and arrogant to be around. Stop twisting what I've said or done to fit your nice little "snowflake" meme.

>>6614519

Being a woman shouldn't be about effort in the first place. And you should have more respect for the shit trans have to go through to be seen as female at all.

>> No.6614546

>>6614539

Yeah, I'm going to listen to this.

If you want people to realise their potential don't keep fucking calling them a guy and stop being so amazingly overbearing with every piece of advice.

Deleted.