[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 494 KB, 600x900, 1308230632384.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6598866 No.6598866 [Reply] [Original]

Ok, general cosplay and convention question...
Do cosplayers pay a fee to participate in the cosplay contest in your countries?
In my country they want everything for free...
So please name the convention and the fee, please.

>> No.6598884

>>6598866
You have to pay for a badge to the event but I've never heard of a fee just to enter the cosplay contest.

>> No.6598889

But you have to pay the badge in order to participate, right? How much?

>> No.6598922

>>6598889
Depends on the con. Smaller local cons are about $20 but will have pretty poorly run costume contests. Bigger cons charge about $50-$80 and will have more serious competitions.

>> No.6598927

>>6598889

Well.. yeah you have to buy a badge to get into the dealer's room, panels, etc. etc. The prices vary for each con... google it?

>> No.6599001

gencon it costs $4 to enter the cosplay contest

>> No.6599495

Why would you pay a fee to participate in a cosplay contest?
It's like the other anons said. Cosplayers also have to pay for the entrance badge for the whole convention like any other visitor, but I've never heard of a con where they additionally have to pay a fee to participate in a contest. Ain't that kinda counterproductive? I mean less people will participate if they have to pay.

Though if they're asking to get free entrance to the con just because they will participate in the cosplay contest: kick their ass. They have to pay for the badge.

>> No.6599557

Honestly, I would not be surprised about paying a fee to enter a cosplay contest that gives out prize money; it just raises the stakes and prize money pool. Though, I would not pay anywhere near the same price of the con's badge to enter.

Also, it depends on the contest: if you just get bragging rights and a certificate/little trophy for winning, you shouldn't have to pay a fee.

>> No.6600197

No, the thing is, in my countri cosplayers the cosplayers never pay the entrance ticket...The cosplay contes it's free.
This year they have to pay $4 to participated, we call it fee, but you can say it's the same as the badge, for the $4 they get: entrance to the whole event the 2 days, lunch, 50% off in the place where you store your backpacks or whatever... and some other things, dunno, the cosplay comunity is really upset, but I fell that it's fair to pay, maybe I'm wrong?

>> No.6600239

>>6600197
>$4 they get: entrance to the whole event the 2 days, lunch, 50% off in the place where you store your backpacks or whatever... and some other things
They are upset over $4?! I feel it's pretty damn fair.