[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 318 KB, 1080x960, IMG_0377.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6581689 No.6581689 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /cgl/, I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but I've seen similar posts about this previously.

I like to collect vintage Japanese dresses, and I recently purchased one at a local market but didn't realise there was a mark on the dress (looks like Sharpie ink, pic related).

While the mark is small, it is very noticeable; but I am unsure how to remove the stain from the fabric (the tag on the inside of the dress says it is 100% polyester). I haven't tried anything yet in case I accidentally damage the fabric.

How would I go about removing the marker stain on this dress? (Picture shows the dress, close-up of the mark, and the other side of the fabric where it has bled through the fabric). Thank you in advance!

>> No.6583264

Dab hand sanitizer on the spot and rub it in. :) Works great!

>> No.6583309

Haven't tried it myself, but I'm assuming >>6583264's suggestion will work. I use ethanol to get permanent marker off lab equipment and stuff, so something alcohol-based is likely to work.

(polite sage for no new content)

>> No.6583365

You might try rubbing alcohol instead of hand sanitizer. It's basically the same thing but hand sanitizer tends to take more time and effort in my experience. It kind of... smudges out and then you end up with a bigger area to clean. I've found it works best to use rubbing alcohol on cotton balls!
I'd place it over an old towel or a paper towel or something, because the color tends to transfer to the surface underneath your dress.

>> No.6583541

>>6581689
Use an alcohol-based solvent. They range from the very weak (diluted nail polish remover, hand sanitizer) to super strong (toluene, xylene, that really strong-smelly stuff). Start at the low end and test on a tiny area on the dress first to make sure it doesn't remove the dye.

>> No.6587956

Try this stuff called "Amodex". It got out a huge ink stain that would have ruined my dress.