[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 446 KB, 840x900, 58ee64cb139a111fa3280a18b87c5474.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6568264 No.6568264 [Reply] [Original]

Offensive opinions thread? Shit you'd like to say to people at conventions but are either too scared, non-confrontational, or just not enough of an asshole to actually say.

Starting with one from another thread, just loved how it was worded.

>anyone who buys a black sabbath shirt, a cheap arch reactor and sharpies a mustache on their face should be lynched

>> No.6568276

> Con related

If you're below 18, you should be confined to specific areas of the con.

> Not con-related.

What is with people and the 20 items or fucking fewer lanes at grocery stores? It says TWENTY ITEMS OR FEWER. That doesn't mean "Twenty items or fuck you, I'm too lazy to wait in line for two minutes." It doesn't mean bring twenty-one items.

It means TWENTY. ITEMS. OR. FEWER.

"Oh, I didn't notice it was a twenty or less."

Bitch, the counter is like a foot and a half long. You can barely fit three things on it. It's right by the door, exactly in the same place as EVERY OTHER STORE KEEPS THEIR QUICK CHECKOUTS. Either you KNEW it was 20 or fewer, or you've never been inside a grocery store in your entire life, and considering you look to be ablout 43, miss fatty mcgee in a motor cart, I'm going to assume that you're just a fucking cunt. Fuck those people.

>> No.6568289

Furries need to get gassed.

Homestuck fans should be fixed and confined in a small, dark space.

Anyone who thinks it is appropriate to "Uguu" "Nyu" or make otherwise high pitched noises while acting like they speak a language (See: Japanese) that they don't should all be terminated on sight.

>> No.6568287

>Con related

Don't bring babies to conventions. Hire a babysitter or something. Your stroller clogs up traffic in small spaces like the dealer's room. Your baby crying throughout a panel is very disruptive.

Kids over 4-5 might get *something* out of the con, though most cons are NOT kid-friendly. And finally, put the kids to bed after dark - they don't need to see what goes on at most cons at night.

>> No.6568291

>>6568287
at most cons it's "fucking nothing" unless you are partying. con center itself will be dead

>> No.6568292
File: 791 KB, 500x500, tumblr_mbzv4tGihN1rsj0y6o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>if you say "nyah" one more goddamn time I will put my hand down your neck and rip your fucking vocal cords out

>that isn't a lolita dress, thats a "I watched lots of anime and then searched ebay to get this" dress.

>> No.6568295

>>6568289
Preach it, sister.

>> No.6568299

>>6568292
>that isn't a lolita dress

Oh my god, Yes.

>> No.6568303

How about you bratty little cunts grow up and stop hating on other people at conventions just because they don't act or cosplay exactly how you want them to.

>> No.6568305

>Con-related

Homestucks need to learn their basic social skills, the bunch of 14-year-olds who grope on everything and everyone with their unsealed paint pisses me off because they're giving the fandom a bad fucking existence and making everyone side-eye me just because I don't feel like going all-out on a Sunday.

>Not con-related

If you've been dragged to the movies by a friend who really wants to see this one movie and you don't really want to, either grow a fucking spine and say 'no thanks', or learn to shut the hell up. I don't wanna hear a bunch of 16-year-olds gossiping their dumb shit in the middle of a suspenseful scene in a movie that I've been dying to see for months.

>> No.6568308

Chubby women into lolita or cosplay are easy lays. This is a direct function of their hilariously low self-esteem. The few who aren't easy are trauma queens just a few DON'T TOUCH ME's away from full blown lesbianism.

>> No.6568336

>>6568303

Aw come'on. Bitching without any foreseeable positive outcome is what cgl is founded on.

>> No.6568353
File: 159 KB, 500x442, tumblr_mghhxtKhup1rdurppo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every /cgl/ thread is an offensive opinions thread, nigger.

>> No.6568558

I wish it were acceptable again in lolita comms and places like efagz to "fat shame."

>> No.6568564

Nothing.
You are all wonderful people and I'm glad I get to be here with you.

>> No.6568567

Saying hello does not mean PERVERT.

People say hello to greet one another. Some people wave. Some people nod. Learn to social.

Cons are not high school. Keep your kiddie drama to yourself. You and your need for validation are what ruined happy fun costume time for everyone.

>> No.6568574

>>6568287
>Your stroller clogs up traffic in small spaces like the dealer's room

not as much as dumbass weebs that like to carmeldansen in major walkways

>Your baby crying throughout a panel is very disruptive

if they aren't a jackass they'll get up and leave the panel.

>most cons are NOT kid-friendly
I don't know where you are but most cons I attend advertise themselves specifically to be kid friendly.

>> No.6568575

>>6568558
This.

There is nothing I hate more than this whole SJ thing.

>> No.6568599

>>6568574
Why am I even replying to a troll? Oh well...

>not as much as dumbass weebs that like to carmeldansen in major walkways
Point? It still clogs the walkway, I haven't seen a carameldansen in years anyhow.

>>Your baby crying throughout a panel is very disruptive
Well they're obviously not talking about the nice ones, now are they?

>most cons are NOT kid-friendly
Yeah, I forgot that scantily clad attention whores, women with their fat rolls hanging out, and some of the horror-themed costumes I tend to see are all kid friendly. Advertising something a certain way does not mean it's going to be kid friendly, I don't even remember the last con I went to that didn't have tits and ass hanging out all over the place.

>> No.6568645

Girls who want to sing at the masquerade.
Stop.
Stop it god dammit.

>> No.6568658

If you're fat, like really fat, lolita is not for you. Stay away.
Sorry.

>> No.6568663
File: 1.83 MB, 2000x1333, my_little_pony_by_koicosplay-d58gwe7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think that people who get their bodypaint on the art or costumes of others or convention spaces should absolutely be forced to immediately clean it up themselves (regardless of time taken) or to pay for damages.

>> No.6568668

>>6568658
Yeah, I'm with you there. Curvy or moderately overweight is okay provided they are honest with themselves and don't try to squash themselves into a tiny dress. Everyone bigger than that needs to GTFO.

>> No.6568671
File: 99 KB, 116x125, 1356570194626.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568574
>not as much as dumbass weebs that like to carmeldansen in major walkways

Carmeldansen in general is a rant of mine.

Actually, so are hump trains. You know, the ones that start up whenever music starts playing? Weebs will either hump the air in front of them or form a hump train with other weebs?

They need to fucking stop that shit because it stinks of sexual desperation and Lays salt & vinegar. Absolutely sickening.

>> No.6568687

>>6568671
>hump trains
please tell me that you're just kidding.

>> No.6568691
File: 11 KB, 154x233, 1337475376999.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568671
>hump the air in front of them or form a hump train with other weebs
People do this? Where people can see them? Oh my god. I'm so glad I've never seen that happen.

I guess my 'offensive opinion' is that Geek Social Fallacy #1 can go fuck itself and that being at a nerd gathering is no excuse to act like a retarded monkey. I hate it when people scream for no reason or get huggy when I've only just met them. I hate it even more when I politely ask them to not do that to/around me and they get huffy because hurrrr we're at a con! Common decency does not apply here!

>> No.6568694

>>6568671
Sure sounds like no fun allowed in here. I've never been in one but I've seen a few and I'm like haha look at them go, ppl having fun yay.

>> No.6568703
File: 27 KB, 300x300, juy79u.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568694
You are exactly the kind of person that makes cons almost unbearable for me, although I'm sure that won't bother you much. Carry on.

>> No.6568706

>people cosplaying MGS without playing all of the canon titles

Instant rage. Also when people make super ghetto ass big boss costumes and use camo that's not even in the Fucking game unless its like parody or whatever. I've seen so many big bosses using M81 woodland and ugh my god that shit brings my piss to a boil. And using the wrong chest rig or harness.

>> No.6568713

>people cosplaying from shit they aren't a fan of.

I know its not my place to tell people what to wear. But I still don't like it and find it depressing and a little pathetic. Deal with it. I come from the land before time where dressing up was mostly a means to meet fellow fans of your series and to show your love for a character.

Was it nerdy? yes. Was it lame? yes. Was it a thousand times more fun and less of an attentionwhore fashionshow and dickwaving WHO CAN MAKE THE BIGGEST SHINIEST COSTUME FROM A SERIES THEY'VE NEVER HEARD OF contest? yes.

>people telling people who don't 100% look like the character they love not to do it.

Fuck you. I would rather a parade of fatties cosplaying as the characters they love than a random hot dude or chick who is just a clothes horse or wearing the outfit for attention. No one looks like an anime character. As long as the outfit is done and worn tastefully, who cares if they are fat or black or the wrong sex?

>huge massive series photoshoots and the wank they bring.

I don't get it. I can see why you want to meet up with other fans, but all the wank over the shoots and who is in the photos has me lost. Ginormous group photos always look shitty and taking photos with 8 others of the same thing is kinda boring. I love talking to people who are fans, but if I want pictures I'd rather take individual ones where you can actually see the details and not just a giant blob of people.

>> No.6568714
File: 9 KB, 400x400, ROSEwhut.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568694
Hey.
You.
You do realize you can have fun and be decent too? Like >>6568691 said, being at a con is no excuse to act retarded. You're still in public looking like an ape raised you.

>> No.6568718

>>6568703
Why, because I don't really mind if people hump train as long as it doesn't happen too often or long? I'm just an on looker and you condemn me? People like you are what make not only cons, but life itself unbearable to me.

>> No.6568729

>>6568713
>people who think people who come up to them to talk about the character/series they are wearing are creepers.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? A CONVENTION IS A HUGE SOCIAL GATHERING. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO INTERACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE STAY HOME. At the least don't label all friendly, sociable people who approach you with a common interest as a creep.

There is nothing wrong with seeing someone in a costume from a series you like, and wanting to go up to them to snap a photo and maybe chat with them if they have the time. They are pretty much wearing a giant sign saying HEY I LIKE THE SAME THING YOU DO.

That being said, if you are dressing from a hentai or h-game? People who come up to you referring to the series or thinking you must have an interest are not creepy. Thats like wearing full-on dominitrix gear to a sex event and getting offended when people assume your kink is S&M.

>> No.6568737

I really don't like accepting a hug from a polite person only to later on be tackled to the ground like I'm juggling kittens, chainsaws and footballs by someone whose scent could have knocked me down instead had she approached me slowly.

1.) DON'T FUCKING GET TOUCHY WITH STRANGERS
2.) USE SOUP AND DEODORANT
3.) DON'T TOUCH OTHERS' STUFF WITHOUT PERMISSION
4.) SEAL THAT SHIT
5.) STYLE YOUR WIGS
6.) TIC TACS
7.) YOU FUCK IT UP, YOU PAY FOR IT
8.) ENTITLED WALLFLOWERS PLS GO

>> No.6568739

>>6568737
Ogod I'm imagining a fat weeb just COVERED in beef soup or something now, ambling towards you for a squashing hug.

>> No.6568740
File: 1.05 MB, 480x270, girl licking lips.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568308

Fucking this

>> No.6568745
File: 16 KB, 440x438, 1257605249001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568739
>beef soup

The memories

I'm going to be sick.

>> No.6568751

>>6568729
Fucking this. Walked up to an imari from bible black and I was like whoa harass first one I've seen in awhile, can I take a pic? She gave me a weird look and said "uhh no way". First person to say no, and it is ofc their right but cmon now...

>> No.6568754

>>6568751
*badass, not harass. Damn phone.

>> No.6568760

>>6568751
I don't get it. I'll be cosplaying from a hentai-ish series in the near future and I'm not going to be surprised or uncomfortable if a guy comes up to me who is also a fan of the series. You'd think that wearing a costume from a hentai would imply you liked, or at least had no problem watching the hentai you were dressed from. Why would you cosplay from it otherwise?

I wouldn't blame them if the guy who came up was actually being inappropriate or thought because you were dressed from a hentai that meant you could be treated like a sex object, but in both scenarios I saw it was just an innocent dude coming up to the cosplayer as a fan of the series and wanting a photo and asking a question about the story or character. I don't know how 'OH YOU LIKE SO AND SO, DID YOU LIKE SO AND SO TOO AND HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?" is a creepy rapist question.

>> No.6568776

First one isn't /cgl/ related but, fuck it, i gotta say it:
Obese children.

Not so much the obese children, but the parents of said obese children. They literally set their children up for health failure. I just saw a ten year old showing early signs of diabetes. TEN.

What the fuck people. This needs to start being viewed as child abuse. The parent has *absolute* control over their child's diet (aside from school lunches, which the parents can find out about. besides, the porkchop can only get so many calories from a school lunch) Also, the parent has some control over what the child does and doesn't do.

I start seeing red when I talk to these parents and their apparent lack of care for their own children.

/cgl/ related.
I've never been to a con (first one's gonna be ACEN)

But I can't help noticing there's this cult of personality that happens between cosplayers that is supplemented by the mutual belittlement of other costume wearers. I guess I can understand the schadenfreude someone gets when they see a shitty costume while wearing their finely crafted one. But... getting *angry* about it? That doesn't make sense.

>> No.6568778

>>6568305
Sort of related:

IF YOU INVITE ME TO A MOVIE I DON'T WANT TO SEE DON'T MAKE ME PAY FOR IT.

Jesus fucking tits this pisses me off. You ask me to go based on the "I don't want to go alone" statement and my day was free so I say yes. But when we get to the damn theater you buy your own ticket and expect me to pay for myself. If you invite me without previously stating I HAVE TO PAY FOR MYSELF then you should be buying the ticket. FUCK.

>> No.6568787

>whoa harass first

Oh god, I love your phone

>> No.6568788

>>6568760

>implying I don't say 'OH YOU LIKE SO AND SO, DID YOU LIKE SO AND SO TOO AND HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?" to get girls comfortable before I rape them

>> No.6568792

>>6568788
Implying a girl would feel you raping her with your half inch dick.

>> No.6568802
File: 90 KB, 500x408, 1334778521046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568792

>implying I have a penis

>> No.6568803

>>6568802
Implying that would be rape and not just hot lesbian makeouts.

>> No.6568804

>>6568792
BURN!

>> No.6568807
File: 283 KB, 920x553, 1350880739611.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As someone who was a screaming sperglord until maybe freshman year of high school, (25 now) any of the usual screaming, hooting overexcited weeaboo/homestucker/brony shit cannot and should not fly. Even if you DO have aspergers or some other condition and aren't self diagnosed off the internet, I know for a god damn fact you can control how loud you're being. And it's too loud.

Also, it's not funny to lean over a railing and yell memes of any kind. Ever.

Not to sound like an old far, I do still enjoy cons for sure.

>> No.6568808

>>6568776
What ALSO grinds my gears is people who become absolutely ENRAGED when people suggest that they should lose weight (or that they should at least try to live a less sedentary lifestyle) for their health. The fat acceptance tag on tumblr drives me nuts because they try to make health a civil rights movement. White is not better than black, and straight is not better than gay, but healthy and fit is CERTAINLY better than unhealthy and obese.

And yes, there are "fat" people who are healthy and strong, but they aren't the people who need to lose weight in the first place.

sage for unrelated to cos/egl and for soapboxing

>> No.6568809

>con-related, Hetalia fandom specific

Just because I cosplay Hetalia doesn't mean I want to be part of your weeaboo fan group. If you call me the wrong character one more time I'll sodomize you with my flag pole.

I know that's harsh, but really, anytime I deal with weeby Hetalia fans, it doesn't matter that we're in the same fandom. I have this rage boil up that makes me want to do horrible things to them with my flag pole. But I'd never sully my flag like that irl.

>> No.6568814

>>6568760
>You'd think that wearing a costume from a hentai would imply you liked, or at least had no problem watching the hentai you were dressed from. Why would you cosplay from it otherwise?
Because stupid girls think ~the character is OMG kawaii~ "I don't care if it's from Makai Tenshi Djibril and everyone in that hentai/H-game was horrifically raped, but stay away from me creeps who think I like weird sex stuff OMG"

This is from actual experience btw. Someone I knew did this.

>> No.6568818

>>6568808

>White is better than black, straight is better than gay, and healthy and fit is CERTAINLY better than unhealthy and obese

FTFY

>> No.6568820

>>6568809
> If you call me the wrong character one more time I'll sodomize you with my flag pole.
> I have this rage boil up that makes me want to do horrible things to them with my flag pole. But I'd never sully my flag like that irl.

"lel I made a sodomy joke"

I'm left with a bit of a "no John, you ARE the demons" vibe here.

>> No.6568822

>>6568809
You carry around a flag and people can't guess your country?

Hetalia is the anime about the countries right?

>> No.6568831 [DELETED] 

>>6568814
I can't stand that attitude. I'm kind of worried about the ecchi/hentai themed photoshoot I'm going to will be full of girls who want to wear the slutty outfits, but they don't want anyone to think they are a slut/pervert and actually like them!!!! I don't watch every hentai ever but I'm a big fan of some of the better games and series, and actually like to talk about the unique adult industry in Japan.

Pic related, though not the exact costume since I'll be doing her OVA outfit with my friend as Kite. Haven't actually watched the new TV show yet.

>> No.6568836

At the last 3 conventions I've been to the masquerade was cancelled. People sign up but bail. Most people only sign up for the fashion show these day. A shame.

I was at a large expo a couple a months ago that always has a large cosplay compo and this is what I saw:

>I hate couple skits. They keep having to make out in front of everyone, and they are not always the most attractive. The worst offender was a Sakura and Itachi were it definitely seemed like an attempted rape. That was their performance, two character that have met like once, with one like kidnapping the other? A Miku and Kaito also mad out, but at least in made sense in context.

>Girl groups doing dances dressed as characters not even belonging to the same series. To classic music even, no choreography, just boring.
>Group dancing to a pop song that just does not fit with the series. Also Gangnam Style.

Also lying on the fucking floor of the stage. Nobody sees anything!

>> No.6568837

>>6568713
>huge massive series photoshoots and the wank they bring.

You mean gatherings>

>> No.6568838
File: 276 KB, 978x1397, img.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568814
I can't stand that attitude. I'm kind of worried about the ecchi/hentai themed photoshoot I'm going to will be full of girls who want to wear the slutty outfits, but they don't want anyone to think they are a slut/pervert and actually like them!!!! I don't watch every hentai ever but I'm a big fan of some of the better games and series, and actually like to talk about the unique adult industry in Japan.

Pic related, with my friend as Kite.

>> No.6568840

>>6568831
Did you forget pic or is my phone just showing all pics but yours....damn...I really like Kite...

>> No.6568843

>>6568838
Oh yes awesome mezzo forte! Fuck the series, both kite liberators and mezzo DSA.

>> No.6568844

>>6568836
Oh my god.
>groups doing ANYTHING K-pop related.

What the fuck is up with weebs and k-pop? I feel like a korea hipster because I learned Korean in highschool and I used to listen to old k-pop(oldass BoA, Baby Vox, TT-Ma) Whenever I hear weebs mispronouncing k-pop stars names or "singing" in brokenass korean it makes me fucking want to punch a baby. Get it out of cons, it's not Japanese, fuck, they hate eachother!

>> No.6568852

>>6568840
>>6568843
I haven't seen either of the series yet, I keep meaning to but without the hardcore elements of the OVAs I'm not as drawn to them. I'm trying to convince my friend into a Momoi costume because she would look great and is also a fan, but not a cosplayer. Unfortunately due to the looks of the other guys getting the rest of the DSA is going to be impossible even though Harada has an awesome outfit.

I would love to talk to anyone about these series, so if you see a Mikura and Kite walking around together at Sakuracon don't be afraid to come up to us and chat!

>> No.6568856

>>6568852
That'd be badass but I live in Texas and do not have time or cash to go out of state cons. If only I knew of hentai fan gatherings in tejas...or at least fans of mezzo or kite or bible black for that matter.

>> No.6568870

>>6568856
That's too bad, but I'm sure Mikura will get around to a lot of conventions because of how comfy she is. For a hentai costume its actually a pretty reasonable design and mostly covered.

We have a bowling alley in my condo building so we'll get pictures there, but more than anything I want a yellow beetle to cram into.

>> No.6568872

>>6568870
Any chance they'd be on dA?

>> No.6568877

>>6568872

We'll definitely post a bunch of pictures onto DA, so you can keep an eye out for those. Sakuracon is in around two months so we'll have them ready for the convention and do the photoshoot shortly after.

Shoot me an email if you want DA contact to keep in touch or chat further on this!

>> No.6568880

>>6568808
I don't mind that if someone suggests someone else lose weight. What grinds my gears is when they give shit tier advice.
>oh you need to lose weight
>so lyk limit yourself to a 1000 calories
>and eat more veggies....yep oh! Lyk exercise too.

>> No.6568881

>>6568877
That'd be radical, man

>> No.6568886

>>6568880

>implying more veggies and less calories is shit tier advice

1000 is a touch low, but not all that low for a female.

>> No.6568888

>>6568713
Preach. I would much rather see a convention full of unattractive people legitimately having fun and sharing common interests than a bunch of super models talking about shit about everyone but themselves and desperately competing for attention any day.

>> No.6568889

>>6568877
>>6568881
Idk if you didn't include it or if my phone can't see links where the poster name would be

>> No.6568894

>>6568888

Quads don't lie

>> No.6568897

>>6568886
Do you get the point I'm driving or are we really going to expand on this?

>> No.6568899

>>6568897

I get your point, but you gave shit examples

>> No.6568900

>>6568889
anonicakes[at]gmail[dotcom]

>> No.6568901
File: 194 KB, 663x537, 1358764558164.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568844
>Whenever I hear weebs mispronouncing k-pop stars names or "singing" in brokenass korean it makes me fucking want to punch a baby
>weebs
you mean koreaboos, old weebs who don't like Japan anymore because effeminate korean pop idols are the next big thing
I cringe so hard when I hear someone singing in broken korean, you might think that AT LEAST they were in tune but no, it sounds like someone is scraping their vocal cords out with an ice-cream scoop

>> No.6568902

>>6568900
Ok danke. Expect email with 523 in it

>> No.6568903

>>6568899
>I get your point
Then that's all that matters. Sorry, not feeling argumentitive today sis.

>> No.6568922

Male cosplayers need to be shown love too. It's kinda sad that a guy wearing some crazy armor or who molded awesome props can easily be overshadowed by a girl in a bra and miniskirt

>> No.6568925

>>6568922
I know that feel...no love for good MGS cosplays.....

>> No.6568928

not cgl related:

People who feel the need to whine about everything in their lives and how everything is unfair on the internet. Seriously that shit needs to fucking stop.

kind of cgl related:

People using words other then "fat" to describe themselves/others. Just yeah using a word other then fat just makes things confusing. And this is coming form a fat person. I HATE when people say I shouldn't call myself fat.

cgl related

Not wearing makeup with your costume/coord. Stop, doing that shit. And don't use "but this character doesn't wear makeup" as an excuse. That character probably has good skin, so at least invest in foundation. Also pluck you're eye brows and wax that top lip too. Men this all applies to you as well.

>>6568776
In some states that first one is considered child abuse. Like as in if you're kids get over a certain weight or are approaching that weight the doctor will warn you that he/she is going to report you.

>>6568880
The worst is when they give you that kind of advice while you're out eating. It's like bitch I'm paying good money for this now I am going to eat what I want.

>> No.6568929

>>6568901
I never know if I'm really a "koreaboo" but somewhat what you describe is what my friends and I do. Except I have a decent grasp on pronunciation but refuse to say it in front of anyone because I worry about being wrong. My boyfriend helps me correct things though. His friends also freak out and how well I say some things... so I guess I'm doing ok.

I've wanted to cross over some Kpop stuff with anime before but they're things that make sense.

sage because I'm rambling on

>> No.6568930

>>6568922

1)Get /fit/ as fuck
2)Go as Goku
3)?????
4)PROFIT

>> No.6568932

The problem with some guys is when you response nicely to them saying hi, (some, not all) inmediatly start to get creepy specially if you are by yourself. I was recently not too long ago in a con in florida and this guy I was just talking to normally about some animes, just suddenly he hugs me from behind and tells me he is staying in a room upstair

WTF? I was not even wearing anything revealing, it was just Saber is blue dress which is almost ankle lenght with long sleeves.

I am nice to anybody who is nice enough to talk to me, because I want to meet more people who share interest similar to mine. Not get creepy shit like this happen to me, whenever I am by myself!

>> No.6568933

>>6568932
Being ronery makes guys do strange things, man, but does not excuse them.

>> No.6568945

I just want to yell at the fat people in cosplay to get in decent shape, I don't want to see your fat rolls spilling out of costume, whatever your gender may be.

It's not that hard, for fucks sake.

>> No.6568954
File: 8 KB, 247x200, 8Dlzc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568945
>people who wear midriff costumes while looking like they are pregnant
>they are not

>> No.6568955

Not totally con related, but I was on the Lolita fashion board of Gaia for the first time ever yesterday and what do I see? Two totally fucking awful threads: one was a girl asking if Milanoo was legit and then talking about how she didn't need a petticoat because she had a big ass? The other was a girl who said lolita stuff was too expensive so she was going to make her own dresses. Oh, and she didn't have a sewing machine or any patterns, advice?

Just fucking no. If you want to get into a new style, you should at least know the basics of it before you jump in. Like, how can you sit there and say, "Nah, I don't need a petticoat. My dresses will magically puff out on their own because I am a special snowflake with a big butt desu~"?

>> No.6568962

>>6568886
It's pretty dang low... for example, Jenny Craig will not let you do a diet of under 1200 calories.

>> No.6568964

>>6568933
>>6568932
I need some help understanding this feeling.
Here's why.

I'm aware that "creepy" basically translates to "unwanted sexual advances". If the hug had come from someone you were attracted to, you may not have found it quite as "creepy".

Now, don't get me wrong. There are some behaviors (like not dropping your room number right off the bat) that can make even the most attractive prince seem like gaston. Some social tact is necessary to appear attractive.

However, I get hit on by a fair amount of women. Some are not attractive to me. They are socially obtuse, non-hygenic, or they simply don't take care of themselves.

That being said, whenever they express interest in me, I don't really get *angry* at them. People can't really help who they are attracted to. I'm mostly flattered, and try to gently let them down.

I've heard your opinion mirrored before. My question is: why get angry?

>> No.6568971

>>6568964
There is a difference between interest and touch. I could not care less if a guy is interested in me and flirt with me, or asks me out or even back to his hotel. If I'm not interested I'll just say no. It doesn't piss me off or make me feel uncomfortable or angry.

I don't care if the person is hot or not, you do not touch me if you do not have my permission. If you are a strange I have just met? Don't touch me unless I say it's okay. I don't think its right for a woman to be all over a dude either if he doesn't express he is okay with that, though the connotations aren't exactly the same. The threat of rape of sexual harrassment from a female is a lot less common or dire most of the time.

You don't do that outside of conventions, and its not cool within conventions either. Can you imagine what would happen if a guy wrapped his arms around a random girl on the street he had just talked to? She would call the fucking cops.

>> No.6568972

>>6568964
>My question is: why get angry?
I think it's a mentality some girls have where they get offended if people find them physically attractive. This isn't just with generally attractive girls or girls wearing something revealing and infact can be more so from ones who have body image issues.

In my opinion the is a trend of accepting your body regardless of weight or looks is taking on a really ugly form in that there are people who are disgusted by the idea of being attractive to anyone on a 'superficial' level.

>> No.6568974

>>6568955
The Gaia Lolita Board is amazing. Seriously I just read through those threads and laugh to myself.

>> No.6568977

>>6568776
>Not so much the obese children, but the parents of said obese children.
This. It's terrible to see them on the supermarket. A family with a damn fat daddy and a damn fat mommy. And two kids that look like they're going to be even more fat than their parents. All they put in their shopping cart is potato chips (several bags), pizza, pre-made hamburgers, lots of cola, etc... The trolley is full of it, and it looks fucking disgusting. Well you could kinda say that "oh it's just for a party probably or something" if it was a family of thin people. But it's not. That's what they eat all the time. And you just wanna scream "oh my god think of the children!!" but you can't really do that.

Must be even worse if you're the cashier at a supermarket. You see these people every day, and you can't say anything, because you would lose your jobs. Ugh. It makes me sick that some people are doing that to their kids. And it's harder for the kids to try eat healthily, because firstly don't know any better and secondly the parents are the ones who pay for the food.

Sorry for kinda non-con related rant, but it just makes me so mad.

>> No.6568980

>>6568974
I have a big ass(big hips as well) and it doesn't account for very much so she's dead retarded. It does help my pettis seem a bit more poofy in the back (not always a great thing) but i definitely cannot go without one.

>> No.6568981
File: 124 KB, 600x802, 1358787884348.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568945
>>6568954

>> No.6568988

>>6568977
>And it's harder for the kids to try eat healthily, because firstly don't know any better and secondly the parents are the ones who pay for the food.

Not only that but there are tons of people saying 'it's okay to be 100lb at age 10 and have diabetes at 12 because tolerance and acceptance and it's offensive to tell them they're unhealthy because ~that's hurtful~ and hurtful things clearly can't be helpful in any way at all.

>> No.6568990

>>6568264
THat seems pretty specific, OP

>> No.6568995

>>6568778
You always assume an invitation means you don't have to pay unless stated first?

>> No.6569001

>>6568988
This. My friend's little sister is almost 200lbs at 5'0" and is 10 years old. She is literally orb-shaped. She has difficulty bending down to tie her shoes and put on socks, her mother helps her. She can't fit into a normal desk, her mother complained . The school gym teacher commented that she can't play with the other kids (won't fit on swings or through slides) or participate in P.E and the mother flipped the fuck out and said that she was a perfectly normal little girl and how dare they criticize her she was perfect the way god made her.

Whenever I am at their house I see her tell this girl how lovely and perfect she is and to never change because the kid is miserable and teased. I feel so bad for her, but any attempt to encourage her to lose weight or exercise is seen as bullying by her mother and fat as fatass older sisters.

>> No.6569006
File: 61 KB, 500x601, 1350031335026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569001

Fucking parents

>> No.6569008

>>6569001
That's really sad. The mother is abusing her child and doesn't even realise it. I feel bad for kids like these because they will never learn how to eat properly.

>> No.6569014
File: 381 KB, 1280x1707, tumblr_mcb1tiJdRY1qfa4jmo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568990
She's referring to terrible tony stark cosplays, I think.

>> No.6569019

>>6568980
Yeah she is. The thing though is the moment you correct someone for being a fucking idiot on Gaia you're atomatically a troll. I had a girl send me this long rant about being an asshole because I said that you should never squeeze yourself into an expensive brand dress because it will not only look bad but ruin the dress. Which is fucking true. I don't care what size you are or what style you're wearing if you put yourself into something that is too small it's going to look like shit and ruin the clothes.

>> No.6569024

>>6569006
>>6569008
You can tell this little girl isn't happy. She hates herself. She can't wear cute clothes or do things other kids can do. We were thinking up ideas for her birthday party and most fun things are not an option, there's no way she would fit onto most amusement park rides or most children's water park rides (never mind the fact she would die before wearing a bathing suit). Even worse is she's told she's not allowed to feel bad about herself or change, and that wanting to lose weight is just because of TV and magazines and peer pressure. Her older sisters are both tumblr lolcow, her brother (my friend) is the only sane one and they don't listen to what he says because 'he's a guy and just thinks all women should be skinny!!!'

>> No.6569025

>>6568977
This reminds me of that show on discovery channel where they show the fattest people who weigh about 400 kilos. It was a teenage black guy, and they showed the family and his aunt or something was giving a one year old baby a hamburger.

A fucking hamburger. Bun, hamburger patty, cheese, bacon, all of it. To a fucking BABY.

How can someone like that be even allowed to be a mother?

>> No.6569026

>>6568971
That's a good point. But I think you may be blowing it a little out of proportion.

Here's why... aside from some truly malignant outliers most people don't escalate physical contact without some evidence of comfort or emotional connection.

Of course basement-dwelling guys aren't going to know the social cues. However:
>I don't care if the person is hot or not, you do not touch me if you do not have my permission.

Is a little silly. I've never asked a girl that I'm dating if I can hold her hand, or kiss her, etc. These things always seemed to flow naturally from one thing to another. I didn't stop and say, "Can I kiss you?" or "Do I have permission to hold your hand?".

And I don't feel that I'm in the wrong for doing this.

So you have a volatile mix of the following:
-Women who, in being friendly to socially inept guys, convey a false comfort zone.
-Awkward men who don't understand the difference between "friendly" and "attracted".

Socialization is a skill, not something you are born knowing how to do.

I'm not really trying to get at anything, because I inherently agree with you. I've been kissed (and hugged by others, but that's a step down in intimacy) by a girl that I clearly did not express attraction in and did find it pretty upsetting. However, I simply said, "I really don't feel the same way about you," and left. So, your anger is pretty much justified.

>>6568972
Good point.

>> No.6569030

>>6568980
I am also cursed with giant ass/hips and yeah, it lifts the top of the skirt a bit, but it doesn't flare the dress out at the bottom like a petticoat would, that's fucking impossible. Fuckin Gaia man.

>> No.6569033

>>6569001
Honestly I'm in the same situation. I was well over 100 pounds when I was 9, and until I moved out of my house I was obese and I was barely 20.
My entire life my parents always told me it was "baby fat" and it wasn't until I got picked on and became insecure about it that they even gave a crap that I was overweight. I did a lot of sports throughout my life but it never did anything because my parents encouraged overeating, and if I didn't eat everything (or say I didn't want to eat meat/dairy) they'd accuse me of having an eating issue or that I was going crazy. They knew nothing about serving sizes, and they didn't even get how to read nutrition labels until I showed them how to properly a few months ago. Not to mention they're always bringing home junkfood.
They'd be obese too if their chainsmoking didn't curb their appetites. They don't exercise either.

People seriously underestimate how tough it is to grow up and live with folks who are ignorant about nutrition like that, and peer pressure you like mad.

>> No.6569040

>>6569026
Aren't you the same dude who was just talking in another thread about how his roommate who spied on him having sex was a pretty cool guy?

>> No.6569046 [DELETED] 

>>6569026
>>6569026

Alex

Except these are random guys. Not people we are dating. That is a completely different ballgame. This is a stranger we have just met, who is now initiating contact that we do not know them well enough to feel comfortable with.

There is no assumed comfort zone with someone you have just met. If you think that talking to a girl for a few minutes means you can grab her shoulder or hug her without permission, you are probably a creeper.

The problem is these guys (creepers) don't know social cues. They think a girl talking to them means she will fuck him, or wants to be touched by him which is not usually the case. If a strange man touches me without warning I will let him know right then and there to STOP and leave. I won't slap him or scream rape, but I will not tolerate sexual harrassment because he's poorly socialized.

That really is not blowing it out of proportion.

Like I said, most girls (real ones, not CGL trolls) don't care about guys hitting on them and aren't made uncomfortable by it. I'm not, I don't mind their flirting and if I'm not interested when they've made their interest obvious I'll say so.

>> No.6569048
File: 36 KB, 488x301, medicbro1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569040

He's also a /fit/izen, I think this is him

>> No.6569051

>>6569040
Not really. He was my roomate. He was a nice guy, but lacked any social skills whatsoever. I made it very clear to him that what he did was not okay.

You make it seem as though I had any idea he was spying on me until well into sex. I didn't. Nor would I have had sex if I knew he was there, knowing him.

He also got a lot better at interacting and learning boundaries and stuff. The guy just didn't have anyone to show him how to act around people aside from animu and mongon.

>> No.6569052

>>6569026
Except these are random guys. Not people we are dating. That is a completely different ballgame. This is a stranger we have just met, who is now initiating contact that we do not know them well enough to feel comfortable with.

There is no assumed comfort zone with someone you have just met. If you think that talking to a girl for a few minutes means you can grab her shoulder or hug her without permission, you are probably a creeper. It doesn't matter if you are hot or not. There are plenty of Patrick Bateman's in the world.

The problem is these guys (creepers) don't know social cues. They think a girl talking to them means she will fuck him, or wants to be touched by him which is not usually the case. If a strange man touches me without warning I will let him know right then and there to STOP and leave. I won't slap him or scream rape, but I will not tolerate sexual harrassment because he's poorly socialized.

That really is not blowing it out of proportion.

Like I said, most girls (real ones, not CGL trolls) don't care about guys hitting on them and aren't made uncomfortable by it. I'm not, I don't mind their flirting and if I'm not interested when they've made their interest obvious I'll say so.

>> No.6569053

>>6569048

Eh, maybe not.

But the Fat People Story is related to this this, so there's that

>> No.6569057

>>6569052

>If you think that talking to a girl for a few minutes means you can grab her shoulder or hug her without permission

You only say that about unattractive/chubby guys. Confident and attractive guys can pull this off easily

>> No.6569059

>>6568977
> Must be even worse if you're the cashier at a supermarket.
You have no idea. I see shit like this every day. It makes me want to never eat ever again. it's always this fat as fatass family with way too many kids, and the mom is ALWAYS in a fucking motor chair because she's ALWAYS the fattest and grossest one.

>>6569026
> implying that a "random stranger you met five minutes ago" and "a person you're dating" are held to the same standards

>> No.6569061

>>6569051
So yeah, basically confirming what was said in >>6569040 about a creepy dude watching you during sex and you still saying that he's a nice guy.

>> No.6569062

>>6569057
That's a misconception. Attractive and confident guys are just usually smart and experienced enough to know when and how to make a move.

I have avoided plenty of attractive guys I have found creepy, because hot or not no one wants to end up face down in a ditch or preggo.

>> No.6569063

>>6569046
>but I will not tolerate sexual harrassment because he's poorly socialized.
So if someone who is actually severely autistic hugs you randomly due to their poor social ques then it's sexual harassment? People who don't know any better should get a little sympathy because it's not their faults. If you blame them you're blaming the victim just like you would in the opposite sort of situation.

>> No.6569068

>>6569046
>Alex
Patricia.

I'm not an Alex.

That being said, I wanted to drop in and say I pretty much agree with what you are saying.
I guess it helps that I'm upfront with my intentions. If I think a girl is adorable I'll say it. It's pretty easy to tell if she's not into you.

I think hugs from behind are pretty bad, though. I don't see how they can be attractive to anyone. If I'm going to hug a girl, I open my arms up. If she moves away, I don't hug her. If she opens up her eyes, smiles, etc, then I hug her.

I agree with your general argument though.

>> No.6569071

>>6569001
How the hell does a 10 year old get that big? I just can't even...

And that is coming from someone who was like 100 lbs at the age of ten, who lived with their grandparents, that basically only cooked nothing but Soul Food for every meal, and didn't give a fuck about portion sizes.

>>6569033
Shoot for me it was the fact that after my parents got divorced my mom was too poor to take care of my sister and I; and my dad was too busy. So my sister and I ended up living with our grandparents... and you know how grandparents are anyways when it comes to feeding their grandkids. Toss in the fact that soul food is more addictive then crack, and stuffing my face is how I dealt with my emotions (and still do) and it's no wonder my sister and I got to the point where we were. In Middle School my dad's work load got low enough where he could supervise us more and he did his best to get the weight under control but by then it was too late.

I am staying with my mom and stepfather for a few more months and the three kids they have together are all of dramatically varying body types. Their oldest is a thick girl... like I wouldn't call her fat I'd call her thick because her weight is all in the chest, hips, and ass, and that's how it's always been for her. The one in the middle is average. And their youngest is thin yet athletic at the same time.

>> No.6569072

>>6569063
I said I would tell them to stop and leaving if the situation demands, which is not being rude or damaging to them in any way. Am I calling the cops, calling them a name or abusing them? No.

Severely autistic is also very different from severely socially awkward or poorly socialized.

>> No.6569075

>>6569061
And your point?

>> No.6569076

>>6569072
>Severely autistic is also very different from severely socially awkward or poorly socialized
Not necessarily atleast in mild forms of autism the differences are little to none.

>> No.6569084

Don't fucking take pictures of people not in cosplay. Thats lightspeed mode to creeper. Would you take a picture of a random girl in the mall? No? then don't ask me for one.

>> No.6569097

>>6569024
That is really heartbreaking. It must be horrible for that girl to want to lose weight but be pressured into staying fat. That will fuck her up so badly.

>> No.6569098
File: 97 KB, 250x250, 1355366358215.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fat pride has got to be the biggest joke in the world.
It's not a lifestyle. Stop deluding yourself. It's unhealthy.
Just please shut up.

>> No.6569099

>>6569061
Nice and Creepy aren't mutually exclusive.
Just like Mean and Attractive aren't mutually exclusive.

In fact, some of the nicest guys I know simply do NOT know how to interact with women. When they are comfortable around other guys, they seem pretty well adjusted. But when they try to talk to a girl, the panic mode their brain goes into makes them say the stupidest shit or act out inappropriately. It doesn't mean they aren't fundamentally kind, altruistic people.

The guy *was* creepy as fuck. But he was still nice.

Polite sage.

>> No.6569123

>>6569097
Too bad people won't see that side of her story. They'll look at her like every other fat person and assume she's a horrible, lazy glutton that eats a wheelbarrow full of twinkies and chips a day to be the way she is.

>> No.6569126

>>6568838
Do you mean your friend as Sawa? Or is there a character named Kite in Mezzo Forte?

>> No.6569130

>>6569123
that is exactly right. this is the main reason why that kind of ridiculous acceptance and SJ shit is destroying society. People became so worried about being offensive that they stop helping others and if people aren't taught they can't learn.

>> No.6569135

>>6569130
But in truth people are very offensive and derogatory.
I'd be hard pressed to find someone offering healthy meals or to be a gym buddy to a fat person before I see them insult them for being fatasses.

I agree that ignoring the problem and pretending it's fine doesn't help, but people are misguided if they think insulting and bullying someone to change is going to fix it either. Obesity needs to be treated like the disease it is.

>> No.6569136

>>6568778
This isn't a kid's birthday party, you're a grown up now. You shouldn't expect others to pay for you to do things.
They're not at fault here, you are.

>> No.6569140

>>6568977

It's MUCH worse if you're a cashier. Holy mother of God.

There are people that come in on an almost daily basis and get chips, soda, microwave burgers, oven pizzas, chocolate, bags of candy, donuts...you name it.

And another trend I've noticed is that most of them pay for it with an EBT card (food-only government cash card, for those of you who don't know).

I actually had one lady buy all that shit and then some, then tell me how she was laid off work because she couldn't support her weight anymore. She had to be over 300 lbs.

It's just like, you don't fucking say?

And what kills me is that I pay taxes so these assholes can stuff themselves like that.

>> No.6569147

>>6569135
>But in truth people are very offensive and derogatory.

This isn't always true and by saying so you're being pretty one sided. I was more referring to school workers and doctors. I've heard time and time again how parents flip out on teachers or people for even mentioning to them that their child may have weight issues. Or how parents or even adults change their doctors because they feel bullied by them for mentioning weight issues. Society has fallen so far compared to even 5 years ago when things like "Super Size Me" was trying to show people how bad fast food is. People, not just with weight issues are becoming offended by anyone who has anything negative to say even if it's true. People are so scared of being judged that the refuse to listen to people trying to help them. And we're running with it and it's disgusting.

>> No.6569161

>>6569147
I don't think I implied it's always true and I don't believe I'm being one-sided in the least. You're skipping from the parents not being able to take criticism about how they parent to people fearing judgment. Not a lot of parents like to be told how to parent their children, or even if it's implied that they may be doing it wrong. And almost everyone dislikes judgment so...

>> No.6569162

>>6569126
Yep, I usually just refer to her as Kite because people usually assume another character (or don't know who I mean) when I say Sawa.

>> No.6569166

>>6569140
You know I really don't care what people are buying to feed themselves with until they pull out the EBT card. Seriously can we pass laws saying that you can't by shit that's bad with you using an EBT card? Because that right there alone would cut into the obestity epidemic, while not telling people what they can and can't spend their money on... seeing how that's not their money. Also any states that allow you to use food stamps at a fast food joint need to stop that shit.

>> No.6569167

>>6569147
>becoming offended by anyone who has anything negative to say even if it's true
/diff anon but the key is to be constructive and not forwardly negative. I don't think many people have ever truly liked something negative said about them.

>> No.6569175

>>6569166
When I worked as a cashier in my state people weren't allowed to buy hot food or deli food (so no fattening shit like fried chicken or mayo-based salads/carbs), and I don't believe they could use their EBTs for fast food in my state either. True they could still buy things like sodas and chips, but at least there was that.

Honestly it never pissed me off to see people buying junk food with EBT money. I only ever got peeved if they were buying expensive seafood or expensive cuts of meat with it and nothing else.

>> No.6569176
File: 40 KB, 428x361, butitdo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm just going to throw out some random shit

Cons are not a place for you to explore your sexuality. Stop thinking that you can just go around throwing yourself on people and groping and inappropriately touching in general. I'm a guy and I've had girls grab at my junk and that shit ain't cool.

Likewise, guys. I don't fucking care if you think you're a nice guy outcast in your normal life. A convention is not a place where you are instantly accepted just because you watch the animu too. If you're not an interesting enough person to attract anyone's romantic attention outside of a con, then don't expect there to be a line of desperate nerd girls waiting for you at a con.

Likewise, nerd speed-dating and general dating advice in general needs to be evicted from cons. It's pitiful and just because you get an energetic faggot up on stage with a mic telling you that you too can find your nerdy, whovian, trekky, who will read homestuck with you doesn't mean that piece of shit actually knows anything about dating.

And, just as a general complaint to everyone, young or old, a convention is a TERRIBLE place for you to start being irresponsible. Drinking more than you can handle, imbibing substances you wouldn't even take at home, and doing shit that you'd never dare to do otherwise is what gets cons kicked out of hotels and makes it harder and harder each year for them to afford to come back. Not to mention that you're dumb, adolescent bullshit is keeping ambulances circling the con center when they could be out saving someone else who isn't a fucking moron who doesn't know how to drink responsibly.

>> No.6569180

I dislike seeing cosplayers who have taken a perfectly normal character and just skimpified the outfit unnecessarily. Then I'm expected to respect someone like that and shouldn't "slut-shame".

I don't outright call people sluts, but damn, sometimes they just are cosplaying for the sexual attention and need to be called out for their bullshit.

But you can't, because all the fucking hard-core feminists start frothing at the mouth.

>> No.6569181

>>6569176
Ponyfag scum.

>> No.6569183

>>6569176
All of this. All of it. +1 internet to you good sir.

>> No.6569189

>>6569176
>speed dating needs to be evicted because I think its pitiful

Gonna have to give me a better answer then that

>> No.6569195

>>6569098
thats what I think of pro-ana.

why can't there be a pro-normal?

Jesus

>> No.6569196

>>6569147
Oh god this. Seriously I know that I am fat, and honestly I am one of those people that wants my health care provider to be straight up with me when it comes to it. All of my doctors have said the same things to me when it comes to my weight and the insurance company I am on until the end of February does everything they can to help you loose weight. They offer nutritionist visit with a $10 copay. You go in monthly and after you get your blood work done, they will have a meeting with you to discuss how much time you have to make meals, what sort of food you have, as well as your allergies then give you a diet to suit your life styles and tastes as best as they can. The insurence also offers weight loss surgeries at no cost to you out of pocket other then the copays for the doctor visits leading up to your surery (a grand total of $80 after 6 months of everything).

When someone has something negative to say about my weight I don't get offended unless it's obvious that's what their intent was, to hurt me. The majority of doctors are going to tell you that you're fat, but they're also going to do so in a way that is respectful and helpful all to give you a better quality of life.

>>6569135
I think I'm just a lucky person because the vast majority of people offer to be a gym buddy. I just refuse that offer because I rather work out on my own rather then with someone less then half my size because of my own insecurities. I mean I do get bullied and teased about it but I'm an adult and I can tell the difference between someone with the intent of being hurtful and someone with the intent of being helpful.

>> No.6569203

>>6569195
Noone in their right minds think pro-ana is a good legitimate thing. Nobody would preach it as if society needed to change and everybody agree with it. A young girl with a pro-ana blog would never show it to her mom. Everyone into it is aware of how bad it is.

Fat pride, on the other hand, wants to change the world and are convinced they are doing good.

>> No.6569212

>>6569175
The state I live in it's super easy to get EBT cards. Like insanely easy. And like I've said in this thread something like 70% of the town uses EBT benefits. I would honestly be impressed if someone with and EBT card were to buy seafood or expensive cuts of meat here.

Then again I'm a fat ass myself with a French Chef for a stepfather so I may be a bit biased.

>> No.6569216

>>6569215
amen.

>> No.6569215

>>6569195
Fuck it all.
Pro-Health and Pro-Living-A-Life-Not-Tormented-By-Preventable-Conditions

you don't have to be insanely thin or ripped or even fat. Just be healthy. Eat some fruit instead of chocolate and take some vitamins or fish oil or something. Drink water, for fuck's sake!

Yeah, exercise is hard and takes effort, but you can still be healthier with only a small amount of effort.

>> No.6569226

>>6569175

See, I don't even mind the expensive crap; it's better than those six-gallon tubs of ice-cream.

I just can't stand people who don't work because they're overweight, then buy junkfood using our taxes. I mean, what the fuck gives?!

>> No.6569230

I dont like it when people cosplay as real people. (Dr. Who, Sherlock, ect. ect.) I don't like really fat people cosplaying.

>> No.6569241

>>6569057
This is not true at all. Even guys I find attractive, I don't allowed to hug on me without permission.
I was at a con dance, and a guy had found really handsome assumed he could just up and grab me into dancing with him without asking me. Not okay at all.

>> No.6569239

>>6569215

Thank you.

I'm no twig, but I'm not fat, either. I can run, jump, lift, and work a decent job.

Seriously, anyone who is too fat to move or too thin to enjoy being in their body is missing out, badly.

>> No.6569240

>>6569189
If males and females want to partisipate then what's us to stop them

>> No.6569243
File: 165 KB, 719x1111, how_to_fan_girl_over_the_doctor_by_brianna13-d4vt9ww.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569230
I like Doctor who, but I think the increasing prevalence of the fandom is becoming obnoxious and outright retarded. Take that shit to sci-fi cons. They could seriously use an injection of youth and enthusiasm that on anime cons seem to get.

>> No.6569252

>>6569243
I blame moffat.

>> No.6569263

>Even worse is she's told she's not allowed to feel bad about herself or change, and that wanting to lose weight is just because of TV and magazines and peer pressure.

Holy shit, talk about some serious brain washing.

Getting rid of all those "pretty is thin" arguments. How the hell do they think this is a good thing when you have all the medical studies and reports out there. I mean life expectency goes down the shitter .

Has anyone tried arguing money? Fat people pay more for insurance. Then there's the obvious savings. Like how it cost way less to eat healthy than to eat like a fatass or that being healthy is going to save you a ton in medical bills and medicine I mean isn't insulin pretty expesnive as well?

>> No.6569277

>>6569263
>Has anyone tried arguing money? Fat people pay more for insurance.
But anon, that's just society trying to force superficial choices on people to make everyone fit into their little bubble! It's a conspiracy.

Seriously though, what's with people thinking there's some kind of societal conspiracy for every little thing?

That Idiocracy movie isn't too far off.

>> No.6569300

>>6569263
>Has anyone tried arguing money?
Yes, but it didn't work for smokers, it didn't work for alcoholics, and it hasn't worked for people who abuse drugs and wreck their bodies that way.
If people have the means to pay to keep up their habits, they will pay it. And that's no conspiracy.

>> No.6569308

You are fucking fat and legitimately reaching brown dwarf mass. Making fun of fat girls isn't going to make you skinnier.

>> No.6569339

>>6569300
Well to be frank obesity causes more of a strain on insurance companies than smokers do. Go figure.

>> No.6569350

>>6568575
SJ is a trend that needs to die down :/

>> No.6569388

>>6569350
the "i just got out of sociology 101 at best" SJs need to get the fuck out

most of the SJs on tumblr DONT EVEN FUCKING USE THE TERMS RIGHT.

just look at how they mangled "trauma triggers" from "this could make someone with a traumatic experience in their past have a serious psychological reaction" to "this might make a giant baby the slightest bit uncomfortable"

A picture of a hot dog is not a trigger to anyone unless they've experienced hot dog related trauma

>> No.6569387

>>6569339
This is actually not quite true. Obese people do pay 20-22% more than an average person with a healthy BMI, but when compared to the average insurance premium paid by smokers ($214), obese people pay roughly $207 on average. Smokers pay about 14% more for their insurance premiums than non-smokers.
People just assume when they see percents that it translates to actual money.

I could make the same argument for underweight people who also pay 9% more in premiums on average than a person with a normal BMI.
>TL;DR The numbers really aren't that significant to make a distinction between either because both are equally shitty for you.

>> No.6569418

Harry Potter cosplay. If I see one more teenage girl Snape or "original character" I will shove their sculpey wands up their asses

>> No.6569426

>>6568808
Fat acceptance is retarded. When someone has a blatant over eating disorder i want them to get appropriate help, just like someone with anorexia. I won't accept an eating disorder as a lifestyle EVER regardless of weight.

That is not to say that i would ask a fat person to eat less or an anorexic to eat more: these are disorders and often it has nothing to do with food.

>> No.6569438

>>6569339
This is why many insurance companies pay for people to go to medical weight-loss centers as well as covering the majority of expenses when it comes to gastric by-passes and lapbands. The one I am on even covers weight-loss acupuncture.

>>6569350
That shit needs to end asap. I am so fucking tired of that shit. Seriously SJWs are some of the most overtly racist people I have ever had to deal with.

>> No.6569443

>>6569438
I completely agree. They look at the race more than anyone, and are huge hypocritical douchebags.

>> No.6569453

>>6569443
lemme guess... ya'll think prejudice against white people is on the same level as actions that uphold the oppression of people of colour... yeah, don't have any time for that shit. PIWs lol.

>> No.6569455

>>6569453
>people of color

plz go.

>> No.6569459

>>6569455
lolno. I'm here for the lolita and cosplay. shame the community is full of fatphobic asshats. oh well.

>> No.6569461

>>6569453
It has nothing to do with prejudice against white people. It's how they make race more important than the actual issues. Being black and rich means you're worse off than being white and poor as dirt? I don't think so. Race isn't always the issue. Not to mention they treat ever person who is black in america as if they are a descendant of a slave which isn't always true. Even in a positive way to be treated solely based on skin color alone is degrading.

>> No.6569462

>>6569459
plz go back to tumblr

the 4chan is not for you

if you can not handle this from anonymous online people who do not know you then maybe real grown-up life is not for you

>> No.6569465

>>6569461
Uhh... show me where someone you label an SJW(many of which are... gasp, people writing about shit that directly affects them) said someone black and rich is worse off than being white and poor. An "SJW" who doesn't pay attention to intersectionality is hardly about social justice tho, I'll give you that.

>> No.6569467

>>6569462
I'm handling it quite well, thanks for the not concern.

>> No.6569471
File: 61 KB, 600x620, 1357449000876.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Post moar SJW, this is too funny.

>> No.6569476

>>6569471
I agree, it's funny how you label anyone who disagrees with you about certain topics an "SJW". i'm out tho, gotta work on my cosplay.

>> No.6569480

>>6569476
>thread for OFFENSIVE opinions
>getting offended at offensive opinion thread.
cry moar.

>> No.6569482

>>6569465
When they agree with race based policies that don't factor in wealth then yes. And if you knew anything you'd know that almost every race based policy is just that.

>many of which are... gasp, people writing about shit that directly affects them
>tfw almost every person who I know personally with those views has never even known someone who has had to deal with them

Haha, you so funny.

>> No.6569490

>>6569453

We're all people of color. White people aren't really fucking white, we're pink, beige, tan, and red.

Black people aren't really black. They're brown and tan.

It all sounds like colors to me! How about we don't even bring it up, unless it's necessary for identification, as in: "See that girl?"

"Which one?"

"The black one."

Really, in any situation that doesn't call for it, bringing race into the mix is just...stupid.

And really, calling people 'African American' doesn't help, either. I've never met someone who came directly from Africa, and even if they did, if they're US citizens, they're Americans. God, my girlfriend is Hispanic, but she doesn't define herself as being 'Mexican-American,' and she doesn't like it when other people label her as such.

tl;dr: Don't bring race in if you don't have to. It's not a fucking contest to see who has the most non-white friends.

>> No.6569487

>>6569476
>I'm an SJW and my assbackwards circular logic isn't working on these smart people. THEY'RE TRIGGERING MY NEED TO COSPLAY!

>> No.6569494

>>6569438
Who are SJWs racist against?

>> No.6569492

People at the atrist alley, suck a dick and stop trying to get me to come buy your overly expensive shit.
>OMG UR DRESSED AS _ Come buy ma buttons!
Or the people selling animal ear hats. Fucking stop. At that point I've already mentally refused to buy anything from you. I hate it when people at the mall kiosk do it, I hate it more at cons.

>> No.6569497

>>6569494

It's racism in the sense that they act like anyone who isn't white is a baby that needs their hand held in the big, scary world.

Don't worry, Daddy Caucasian is here to save you.

>> No.6569502

>>6569189
>>6569240
The problem with nerd/weeb dating and panels about the subject at cons is that it ignores the most integral parts of dating and interpersonal relationships: Being an interesting, courteous, enjoyable person to be around.

Instead, it strips it down to asking girls what shows they like and complimenting her on her costume, and then hoping you get a phone number.

It's not advice that helps these people break out from being outcasts and awkward wall-flowers. It's clumsily slapping these people against each other and hoping that advice like "be confident" will magically change everything.

>> No.6569510

>>6569497
Ok, I get that. A lot of posts came up in the meantime while I was typing that explained that. I actually don't think race-based policies that assume that minorities are poor do as much as if it were just policies for the poor. I grew up black and mid-upper class and didn't require help from anyone, but some of my poor white friends could have benefited from some help.

>> No.6569517
File: 1.43 MB, 320x240, I am confused.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569243
>Speak some french
>Say "allons-y" to my french speaking friend
>Apparently some Dr Who fan in the area
>"OMG I LOVE Dr Who too!"

What? I didn't know saying that meant you were a fan, I felt bad that she was so excited to hear it but that's a silly phrase to monopolize for a show

>> No.6569528
File: 14 KB, 400x225, storyofmylife.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568729
>IF YOU DON'T WANT TO INTERACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE STAY HOME

General statement of the century. It doesn't really make angry, but this a;ways bothered me at any social situation: cons, parties, etc.

There are a lot of other things that annoy me at conventions, but what always takes the cake are most masquerade skits. It seems like most of them these days involve very little preparation and no understanding of basic stage direction and acting,

Of course, standing around awkwardly in front of one another while one person is whispering their lines as another is yelling meme references in front of the mics is going to deserve a first prize.

I also don't think the "Whose Line is it Anyway" type panels/programs funny at all. Maybe I'm just spoiled from going to professional improv shows.

>fitsin actors
lol. Oh Captcha, you know me well.

>> No.6569537

>>6569528
hory-shet, so many typos. Meh. You get the point.

>>6569517
Sorry to hear that, bruh. I know what you mean since I also speak French. I like Doctor Who, but sometimes I can't even stand my own fandom.

>> No.6569551

>>6569510

Yeah. Lower-class people should get help regardless of race.

>> No.6569584
File: 33 KB, 600x338, bitch i will cut you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you wear Lolita to an ANIME convention you should not be allowed to bitch and whine when people mistake you for a cosplayer. yes, Lolita is popular, but there are many characters who wear Lolita, there are lolita gijinka versions, and lolita versions of characters. You are at an anime convention. You will get people asking who you're dressed as.

Don't you fucking give me the stink eye when I say "nice dress" instead of "nice coord". I will curb stomp your pastel ass and use your precious burando to wipe the blood from my boots.

I do judge people based on the fandom they are in. At a distance, I will assume that pony cosplayers, Homestucks, Hetalia and any bandwagon cosplayer is an idiot. I will still take your picture and be nice to you, but I will be wary of you. You are more than welcome to prove me wrong and introduce me to the sane side of these fandoms.

Stop calling me a hipster because I don't watch the most popular shows. I know you're joking, but it wasn't funny after the 16th time. Watching Samurai 7 and Casshern Sins instead of Soul Eater and Fairy Tail doesn't mean I'm a hispter, it means I have a different taste in shows than you.

>> No.6569644

>>6568818
Watch out, we got a badass over here

>> No.6569649

>>6569584
>Don't you fucking give me the stink eye when I say "nice dress" instead of "nice coord".

Dude, I'm a lolita and I can't even stand the word "coordinate" let alone the abbreviation. I'll apologize on behalf of the idiots who get their bloomers in a bunch so easily. It's kind of a strange attitude to carry with you at an anime con though, because we're all oddballs regardless of where we go in frills. I hate getting the second hand embarrassment when a lolita gets all huffy about people staring at her (I know it's a commonly shared opinion, but I just had to share).

>> No.6569654

>>6568706
I can't even how much most Big Boss cosplay makes me rage. YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT. YOU ARE NOT /fit/ FUCKING STOP. And its the majority of them that are like this (and trust me, I'm not one to go all /k/ommando on most things) but jesus christ just LOOK at the things and TRY to do it. FUCK. Even if you have to make shit because it's too expensive to get, IT SHOULD LOOK RIGHT.

>> No.6569663

If any Homefucks get their gray paint on me I will throw them out a window. Learn to seal that shit or get the fuck out. Your fandom is full of trash anyway.

>> No.6569691

>>6568955
Gaia kids are hilarious. I was talking to the girl who runs lolita tips and she was telling me that a few years ago she was laughed out of a gaia lolita thread for trying to give advice to itas who didn't want to take it and thought their advice was law. Last year she went to look just for laughs and they had her blog linked in one of their big lolita advice threads.

>> No.6569710

I don't care if your feet hurt, your ratty old black sneakers do not go with your Sailor Moon cosplay.

>> No.6569719

>>6569162
Oh, that's weird. I wouldn't do that since that is not her name. Oh well to each their own I guess. At least I can agree that when I did Sawa years ago I had people coming up to me 'HEY YOU'RE KEE-TAY' which always lead to 'No, it's actually Kite just like in english and the character's name is Sawa'

>> No.6569751
File: 65 KB, 436x178, 3063365701.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>watching your friend spout SJW shit / only cosplay from Hetalia, Homestuck and MLP while whining I wont give any of them a chance
>also she continues to single me out as 'the straight one' when we're out with friends

At this point I'm not sure why we still talk to each other.

>> No.6569777

If you yell "butt scratcher" one more time it's going to be scratching the inside of your butt pretty soon.
"The game" is also something that needs to be banned.

>> No.6569783
File: 22 KB, 555x462, scream.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569584
Preach it, girl.

In the same vain as the Tony Starks, I find myself annoyed with an awful lot of Kotetsu cosplayers. Kotetsu has come to be another character I've added to my list of "characters who never seem to be cosplayed right".

He's so simple... it's like... how? How do you mess him up so bad?

>> No.6569792
File: 73 KB, 493x332, 1294505984877.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread is full of angry vaginas.

>> No.6569833
File: 361 KB, 446x410, RickyTPB.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fuck social justice warriors, I got no time for those cocksuckers...

>> No.6569846
File: 35 KB, 500x333, kai 7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569833
Sounds like you didn't check your privilege today, bro.

>> No.6569858
File: 446 KB, 1024x768, 1352561551_lemonfont_122.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568687
>>6568691
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWoKVwgfRhk

I didn't think I'd find it and in many ways I prayed I wouldn't but yeah this shit bothers me hardcore.

>>6568694

Go ahead and have fun. I'm not going to stop you if you want to join the hump train (though I would if it were in my power).

However I reserve the right to bitch loudly on the internet and hold you in great disdain for acting like a sexually repressed weirdo.

Like, it's not even that it looks silly, it's that this happens regularly, ALMOST HOURLY, and I'd really wish people would be a bit more original in the ways they're going to piss me off.

>> No.6569866
File: 256 KB, 640x526, salute.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569584
>Samurai 7 and Casshern Sins
I salute your taste Warden.

>> No.6569869

>>6568671
my friends and I aren't weebs and i'm the only one who even had a weeb phase
that didn't stop all the white girls at our school from twerk trainin it up at prom last year

nofunallowed.png

>> No.6569876

>>6568808
My hatred of fat people is so great that I am certain I will never date someone who doesn't hate them as well.

If they are fanatically, irrationally against obesity then they are guaranteed to never become a waddling planet that must admit to being attached to.

>> No.6569878

>>6568778
anon you don't pay for someone else on a night out unless it's a date

if you don't want to pay and you don't want to go tell them that you're strapped for cash at the moment and they'll ask someone else

>> No.6569893

>>6569584
>Stop calling me a hipster because I don't watch the most popular shows
Doesn't mean you're a hipster, it means you have good taste.

>> No.6569913

>>6568964
As a guy, it's less likely that you could somehow get physically harassed when you reject someone, and even if you were, you're more likely to be stronger than the other person and it's much easier to get away from it than the girl who's in the same situation. You can afford to be nice to them. Most girls can't.

>> No.6569923

>>6568303
Do you know what type of thread you're on?

>> No.6569925
File: 23 KB, 390x520, nana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569866
aw, sank you. Let's be glorious hipster fags together.

>>6569783
>S-Sempai noticed me
>tfw I plan on cosplaying Kotetsu someday
Oh god I hope I do him justice

>> No.6569926
File: 147 KB, 385x374, 1310076249878.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>amateurs charging ridiculous prices for photoshoots
>amateurs charging for photoshoots in general

I get that you want to get some use out of that camera but just have fun with it. Learn how to use it so I don't have to show you how to adjust the white balance on your own camera.

>> No.6569936
File: 59 KB, 493x799, Heihachi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569925
I love Samurai 7 and Hehachi is pretty much the only crossplay I really want to do. Hubby picked up sins at con. Though both series should still be on Netflix.

My coworker makes a fairly decent Kotetsu. By no means perfect, but he likes the character and enjoys cosplaying him.

>> No.6569939

>>6569792
>offensive opinions thread

Well, what did you expect?

>> No.6569949
File: 34 KB, 400x320, hapths.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569936
>mfw Heihachi is my favorite character
>mfw I plan to crossplay him too
You are flawless and I love you.

>> No.6569955

>>6569777
GOD the buttscratcher thing. Yell it once, okay people are echoing it back to you ok that was fun now stop. Don't do it repeatedly for the next ten minutes. Took a friend to her first con and she heard someone do it then began yelling it anytime she had a free breath.

Tony Stark in the Black Sabbath shirt has pretty much become the new L. Takes almost no effort and I've never seen it done well. The sharpie beards are hellacious.

>> No.6569959

>>6569492
That sort of behavior in Artist Alley is looked down upon, even by other artists who are selling and have the unfortunate fate of sitting next to the loud obnoxious artists.

>Do not yell at people, it's very disruptive and disrespectful.
>Do not pressure people to buy your stuff.
>Be polite and welcoming
>Don't be miffed if people ignore your stuff for various reasons; maybe people have places to go to, maybe your table need to stand out better, maybe you have shitty stuff
There's much more to add.

>con related
Don't take up space in a tight busy walking hallway. Seeing people hanging out and sitting down along the walls with their legs stretched out just makes me want to treat the floor like lava and step on all the legs. It's like they are blind to the people trying to make their way through the hallway and they have to walk between the gaps of their legs or something.

Also a thing about people asking to take pictures of cosplayers in busy hallways, and the cosplayers obliging.
Photographers and cosplayers: Do you mind doing that else where? Have some courtesy to ask and to have the picture taking elsewhere, don't do it in the middle of the narrow walkway and clogging up the traffic. You might lose them for a few minutes but just regroup at a more open space please.

>> No.6569960
File: 403 KB, 500x235, thumbs up.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569925
Kotetsu is both very easy to mess up, and very easy to pull off. If you put in all your effort and make his simple outfit shine, you'll be golden! I just get kinda miffed when I see lazy Kotetsus when there's really no reason for it, you know?

>>6569936
I don't mind so much the Kotetsus who're pretty good with some minor imperfections. It's the ones who wear the ill fitting clothes and ratty wigs and poorly painted hats that bother me.

>> No.6569968

>>6568718
It's really immature and obnoxious to do the "hump train" in public . To you, it seems like fun, but others can disagree.

>> No.6569976 [DELETED] 
File: 69 KB, 960x720, Kotetsu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569960
Yeah. My coworker put a lot of love into the costume and patterned his hat from scratch. I'll share a pic since it doesn't show his face. But he wants to remake stuff like a new hat, vest, and so on.

>> No.6569979

Go back to your hotel room to cry.

I don't care what happened. I don't want to know. I don't want to listen to you whimper and hold out for someone to pity you.

Go somewhere else.

>> No.6569995

>>6569388
Hahaha! Im Sociology tutor at a university while i do my masters and holy fuck the misinformation that these people spread about the subject is just terrible!

>> No.6570004

>>6569792
We here at /cgl/ only accept the angriest and best vaginas money can afford.

>> No.6570016

>>6569497
That was really well put.

>> No.6570031
File: 875 KB, 245x160, storyofmylife.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569438
>>6569443
>>6569995

SJW on tumblr are flat out dumb as a rock when it comes to the issue. I can't take their shit seriously when I get told that white people INVENTED racism to promote their whiteness.

>mfw

>> No.6570046
File: 116 KB, 300x299, Checking My Privilege.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569846
Hold on lemme do that I totally forgot to.
>It's worse than I feared.

>> No.6570093
File: 100 KB, 960x720, whatisthis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569955
This.

>> No.6570112

>>6569459
>fatphobia
Please just go.

>> No.6570126

>>6570093
She left the house looking like that...

>> No.6570138
File: 21 KB, 207x208, 1357185169914.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6570126
GEE I WONDER HOW OTHER COSPLAYS DO IT
HURF DURF MY NURF

>> No.6570142

>>6569243

....I actually named one of my fish "The Doctor". In my defense I have been watching the original episodes of Doctor Who

>> No.6570158

>>6570142
I find naming pets after fandoms to be kind of cute. Better then naming your poor kid after it. I had a pet betta fish I named Jojo. My poor mom thought I named him after Jojo's Circus.

>> No.6570180

>>6570138
But she's not at a convention. She's actually in a public setting. And she looks awful.

>> No.6570203

>>6570158
I'll probably get shit for this but I don't know what the problem is with naming your kid after a character. I get it if it's something super duper specific and weird like Sephiroth or a ponyfag name or some shit because the kid will never hear the end of it, but something like Leia or Robin or even something more "unique" like Winry or Benedict is okay to me. Even a normalfag would probably agree that shit's better than Brooklynne or Zeydan or whateverthefuck people keep naming their kids.

>> No.6570205

I hate being friends with people who go on about how broke they are, but are still able to afford going to conventions and making new cosplays. You never bother to make the two hour drive out to see me, but you can pay for an out of state convention. You freak out about not having a job, or not having any money to feed yourself or pay for textbooks, but you always somehow have money to pay for that new expensive costume.

I hate being a minority in the Homestuck fandom. I've been cosplaying for years, but no one gave a shit about me until I made a mediocre rushed cosplay for one of the kids. I don't get that.

Finally, what is it about conventions that attracts the craziest women? I don't mean general weirdness from liking "cartoons", but I mean people that seem to eat, sleep and breathe drama and emotional problems and can't seem to function without that. Any girl I've met at a con that I've ever had a good friendship with has had interests outside of fandoms.

>> No.6570208

>>6568925
Shut the fuck up about MGS already, its time has passed until the next game

>> No.6570212
File: 122 KB, 800x600, Abraham[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6570203
Nah, you're cool. People have been naming their kids after fictional characters for years.

Pic related.

>> No.6570218

>>6570205

Are you implying that it's crazy to have interests outside of a fandom? Because if so, I don't understand.

>> No.6570228

>>6568964
>If the hug had come from someone you were attracted to, you may not have found it quite as "creepy".
I would have. I don't know this guy and he caught me with a hug while I was unaware. In that situation I would be creeped. Why?

Because, if in public someone displays that kind of lack of restraint (we can agree it's not okay to surprise a stranger with a hug suddenly?) logic dictates that you be a little wary. For a lot of guys (NOT ALL, as we see everyday with 'creepy Hambeast' stories) this isn;t a problem, as they are more often larger than the person who's suddenly on their body and singled them out to BE on their body. They're also less likely to be assaulted (AGAIN, that is not a RULE, re: Hambeast Stories) or raped.

And yeah, I would be kind of angry. I don't know you. You just acted like you had the right to be less than an inch from my face or ON MY FACE and ON MY BODY with your body. Would it be different to you if this was a dude getting hugging on you out of nowhere within seconds of SEEING you?

>> No.6570235

>>6570212
Aren't you the edgy little atheist rebel.
I bet your philosophy major college buds think you're so cool.

>> No.6570237

Fat people shouldn't wear lolita. I don't care about fat acceptance or all of that.

Y'all rip on the girls that don't wear makeup or do their hair when they're wearing lolita and look "unrepresentable" yet defend people that don't work out/eat/take care of their body and say that they should be allowed to wear lolita and look "fine" in it.

I'm sorry, but it's a total double standard brought upon by "fat acceptance" - if you're going to slam people for looking like they just woke up, you should slam people for looking like they don't give a fuck about how much they weight. And if they do (I mean, really do) then they should work it off.

No matter how good a coordination is, if you haven't groomed your hair and makeup OR you're fat, you're still not going to look presentable. The fat part gets overlooked because "hurr elitist anorexic bitches" because "fat acceptance" and other SJW stuff. I'm sorry, but nothing looks more ridiculous than a landwhale squeezing herself into unshirred light pink OTT AP. She just looks like a sausage bursting out of it's casing.

inb4 anorexic bitch, etc etc. I'm actually a fine weight and I lift. I used to be on a cut many years ago but it was too draining and so now I just eat a balanced meal and I'm at an average weight and I fit into brand. If I was any bigger (to the point where I'd have to get alteration and STILL look like it's too tight) I wouldn't even bother, nor would I scream out that i'm entitled to wear it criticism-free.

>> No.6570246

>>6570218
Not exactly. I'm saying that anyone I've met that hasn't turned out to be batshit has liked anime/manga/ect, but also likes subjects outside of that, like books, fashion, sports "normalfag" stuff. Anyone I've had any serious problems with has been heavily into anime/cosplay/ect, and never seemed to be able to talk about anything outside of that for longer than five minutes.
I'm genuinely curious as to why this is.

>> No.6570247

>>6570203
Well that's what I meant. There's ton of fairly reasonable names that don't come off as "My mom is a scream fangirl". My husband and I agreed our first born daughter would be named Alice. Anybody could look at the fact I really like Alice in Wonderland and assume that we're naming the child after the character, when it fact its my mom and great grandma's name.

>> No.6570249

>>6569006
Fucking images like this make me so sad in like

A Gilbert Grape sort of way? My mom is overweight (not NEARLY that big) and my dad's such an abusive asshole and harped on her weight all the time and I've lived my life worrying about her dying. She's a great mom, though.

I have no idea why I said any of that.

I guess tl;dr: that picture is so depressing and I think I got why it's depressing wrong.

>> No.6570257

>>6569026
>Is a little silly. I've never asked a girl that I'm dating if I can hold her hand, or kiss her, etc.
>girl I'm dating

Dude, you're dating her. You don't get automatic permission to have sex, but by virtue of dating you CAN kiss her. That's the contract. "Can we date?" is like asking "Can we spend time together and sometimes kiss etc.?"

If she's not in the mood for that shit, you know, obviously, and you DON'T kiss her. I assume she has the same courtesy for you if you're in a shit mood.

A stranger is nothing like that. OF COURSE they're not allowed to hug and kiss you unless you say or indicate that's OKAY.

>> No.6570268
File: 140 KB, 1585x1527, 1350866996149.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568276
This happened to me once. My glasses were broken at the time, so I was half-blind walking around the grocery store. I ended up taking a register that was 10 items or less that you scan yourself. No one was behind me at the time, but a cashier came up to me in the end and let me know.
I was so embarrassed.

>> No.6570278

>>6569057
I NOPE the fuck out when an average/okay looking guy does that. Odds are good they're fucking crazy. I mean, really, touching someone within 2 minutes in a place where that doesn't make sense?

That hot guy thinks he's smooth because he's hot but it's not being smooth, and anyone that kind of put up with it probably doesn't want to make a sudden move.

>> No.6570273

>>6570203
As someone who was named after a fictional character (from Highlander), I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as the name's fairly normal. I mean, don't name your kid Karkat, but something like Zelda that is an actual name is fine.

>> No.6570276

>>6568289
> tfw you do that "nyaa" bullshit on accident all the time because of habit
Fuck. my life.

>> No.6570299

>>6569147
What, dude, my doctor made no bones about saying we were fatties as kids and doctors still do that. A friend of mine is a receptionist at a pediatrician's office and it happens all the time. Maybe not the doctors of super rich kids, because their parents threaten to sue I guess?

>> No.6570314
File: 59 KB, 600x899, Best_of_Photo_Session_3_by_Morbid_Angel_Ai.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6568974
I've always wondered why /cgl/ always talks about that board, so I decided to check it out right now.

I clicked the thread that said "Post your best Lolita outfits"...

What did I get?

People talking about how cat ears aren't ita but just cute accessories and this picture to the side

I now see the light

>> No.6570318

>>6570203
But Benedict is an actual name and not particularly unique...?

>> No.6570321

>>6569176
This. Holy shit, it's a convention. What it IS is stated exactly on the little con map. You spend HUNDREDS to go there sometimes. Do not make this about awkwardly getting drunk/laid. You can embarrass yourself like that for FREE. You can even do it with someone who likes anime/comics. There is no need to desperately touch strangers like you're starving and absorb calories through weirding the fuck out of someone.

>> No.6570334

>>6569195
God, I HATE pro-ana anythings. "A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips". WOW, that's DEEP. Thinspiring.

And they're not even a new thing. I remember pro-ana sites from the late 90s and I was out of my marbles stupid when I even glanced at one.

>> No.6570341

>>6570273
No. Crazyass name or GTFO. Gotta get my laughs in. Fucking little shit is going to ruin my life, might as well get some entertainment out of the situation.

>> No.6570374

>>6569471
But none of the SJW posts were funny? They just mentioned SJ.

Guys, don't be like those fat weebs in high school that laughed at words family style. Abortion *can laughter*
Spork *XD*

>> No.6570379

>>6570334
>moment on the lips, a lifetime in the hips
Really? I thought that was only said about hollandaise sauce..

>> No.6570381

>>6569777
THIS, FUCK.

>> No.6570395

>>6570341
If you have a boy, name it Kamina then.
Bonus points if you bring it up to act like him.

>> No.6570476

>>6570228
I think it would be worse if some handsome motherfucker came up and acted like it was totally cool for him to get his arms all up in your business. Like, he's good looking, you're not repulsed by him, but he just thinks it's cool for him to get really touchy feely with strangers? That's creepy as fuck.

>> No.6570503

>>6570379
Stolen and reappropriated as an excuse to masturbate over how many ice cubes you ate instead of food.

Also that shitty Kate Moss "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" from the 90s

>> No.6570581
File: 14 KB, 391x155, when you put it like that.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6570395
......I actually like that name for a boy.

I feel so ashamed.

>> No.6570592

Stop making out in the fucking lines to events. Seriously. Like once it was ridiculous at a con I went to, I was volunteering and helping line control and I was wondering why it took so long and it turns out these two were making out and wouldn't move/didn't realize the line was moving until we practically screamed in their ear.

>> No.6570595

I hate faggotry and seeing faggotry at cons.

>> No.6570625

I do not hate fat people. I believe in leaving people the fuck alone when it comes to their bodies. Their health is not my business and their weight has no impact on my life whatsoever.

HOWEVER. When I see people who are bordering on morbidly obese that think it's appropriate to wear tiny tube tops and mini skirts that have their ass flab literally hanging out I want to shake them. DRESS FOR YOUR GOD DAMN BODY TYPE.

>> No.6570637
File: 123 KB, 728x591, 1311763358381.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love faggotry and seeing faggotry at cons.

I wouldn't tell anyone because they'd probably be weirded out, but I'm the biggest voyeur, not only for sexual stuff but also in the second sense of the word.
>a fascinated observer of distressing, sordid, or scandalous events

Yes, please, keep doing it, never stop doing it IT'S GREAT

>> No.6570640

People who think cons are an excuse to get as high and drunk as they possibly can. Drinking is fine but come on, draw a line between some fun social drinking and just making a complete ass of yourself.

But I guess this pet peeve is not exclusive to conventions.

>> No.6570666

>>6570637
we are the same person.

>> No.6570668

ALA elevators;

TAKE THE FUCKING STAIRS. YOU ARE CLOGGING UP THE ELEVATOR TO GO UP ONE FLOOR HOLY CRAP IT'S RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

>> No.6570681

I guess I'm included in this, given that I posted. But this thread feels rather full of non-controversial opinions.

Anyone have actual offensive opinions? (maybe it just takes a lot to offend me)

>> No.6570685

>>6570666
Be my Nee-sama.

We will lurk the -chans and snoop around con floors looking for incidents to amuse ourselves with while never actually stepping foot inside a single conflict. Join me. We will dance.

>> No.6570701

I think everyone should cosplay a character that is VERY close to their natural body type
this includes
>if youre curvy cosplaying a curvy character
>if youre skinny, cosplaying a skinny character
>if youre black, cosplaying a black character
>if youre white, paint your skin APPROPRIATELY or cosplay a white character
ect
you should even look at height, bone structure, ect.
If you can use makeup to alter your appearance to fix any of these, and you do it well, thats fine

I just think people need to be honest with themselves. We'd all look better cosplaying that way. Theres no need to feel shame in limiting our costume choices this way, you should feel prideful, youll look more like your character.

>> No.6570711

>>6569176
>you're

>> No.6570719

>Don't talk to people who are clearly uncomfortable.
>Don't touch people who are clearly uncomfortable.
"OMG but we're at a con!!! You like anime, you like yaoi n hugs riiiight???" Is not and excuse. I had a younger cousin come with me to a con once, around 14 years old, and he's pretty darn adorable, and a tad effeminate. However, he has zero social skills and can't even order for himself at a restaurant or ask a store clerk for assistance. So when hambeasts try and get him to make out with other guys/cosplayers, he freaks the fuck out, especially when they persist after being brushed off multiple times. Probably biased due to experiences, but shit. Learn to have some respect for others.

>> No.6570729

>>6570701
except what is the point of looking like a character you don't care about or love? that's just a waste of money and time to appeal to other people, and not doing your hobby for your own enjoyment.

>> No.6570743

>>6570729
>Missing the point of the thread.

>> No.6570781

>>6570701
These people are the ones that really piss me off at cons. I have two friends that attend every local there is so I often go with them and we have lots of fun but one of them is like that poster there.

Five minutes in and she's looking down on every fatty and everyone who's a bit too tall to cosplay a loli. She's very kind and gets along with everyone and once they leave she leans in and whispers to tell me that one of them was far too ugly (average) to cosplay anything at all.

Anime characters very rarely have realistic body types and then there's the art style - you can literally tell some characters apart only by their haircut, eye colour and cup size. And sure, height. Anime characters are often short as hell and most of them live in Japan. Does that mean that only the Japanese are allowed to cosplay because it's accurate? Fuck no.

There are shitloads of Sailor Moon cosplayers and over half of the original characters' body height is just legs. They're skinnier and bustier than barbie dolls yet many cosplayers manage to look absolutely brilliant with their average bodies.

For me the point of cosplay is to dress up as characters you love, not look for a character that looks a lot like you.

>> No.6570788

>>6570719
I don't like this opinion. One of the great things about cons is how open and friendly everyone is. I don't like people who act like their civil rights have just been violated because somebody gave them a hug. Jesus christ stop being so uptight. If you're so afraid of social contact please don't go to cons.

This thread in general is full of uptight assholes that just want to shit on other people. Grow up and stop being so pissy and judgmental.

>> No.6570821

>>6570788
Social contact =! having your personal space invaded.

Not to mention getting hugged is one of the easiest ways to get your pockets picked...

>> No.6570878

>>6570788
I don't give a shit that you don't like that opinion. I don't like being grabbed, pawed at, or bear-hugged by people I don't know and who didn't bother to ask me if it was okay to do so first.

I'm more than happy to socialize at cons. I can be very extroverted among my fellow nerds, and love talking to people. But I do have boundaries--I do not like being touched unless it's by people I know well. I also don't like having my costume crushed or covered with someone else's sweat or makeup. And that's not just my "issues"; common courtesy is on my side here.

I have boundaries. My body is mine, and I am the one who gets to dictate who puts their goddamned hands on it and when. I wouldn't dream of casually violating anyone else's boundaries like that, and if you can't or won't respect others' boundaries, then you are the asshole, not me.

Pushing physical contact on people without their permission is not "open and friendly." It's rude, disrespectful, and shows a basic lack of social awareness. So grow the fuck up and learn some basic manners, why don't you?

>> No.6570897

>>6570701
I get where you're coming from and I agree, but to some extent, I think this sort of mentality leads to a lot of lousy cosplay too.

Some people will use that sort of thing as an excuse to slack on other elements of their cosplay, assuming their natural traits make up for the way they ignored certain details.

They say, "Oh! Look, I'm already about this character's height and I have the same colored hair and eyes! I don't need to style a wig, I'll just comb my hair and it will look fine!" or "My complexion is about the same, so I won't bother with any makeup!" or "I already look so much like them, that I can just pass as the character even if the rest of it doesn't look right!"

>> No.6570932

>Hetaliafags fucking dragging flags through floor.
Seriously, lern flag etiquette, faggots.

>> No.6570953

I cosplay videogames, not animu, but this does not mean I'm a GAMUR GURRRL, I've never played angry birds, consoles suck, pls go.
>Oh you should cosplay Zero Suit Samus!
Fuck you, no.
>being mistaken for a booth babe
This is the worst!

I guess this was more of a rant lol, oops

>> No.6570955

This new Doctor Who craze pisses me off more than the Avengertards, and I'm not even a Doctor Who fan.

>> No.6570994

1. If your a dude that feels the need to quiz me on the character I'm /co/splaying I'll respond but I'll think you're a dick forever and ever
2. shIPPING ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT GO AWAY!!

>> No.6571049

>Con related
Con photoshoot's. Like yeah I get the idea on the surface. But the photos... they almost ALWAYS look so tacky to me with every cosplayer from that series jammed in there at once. The ones I ever kind of like are pokemon ones because it is kind of fun to see all the gijinkas if that meetup had a good variety. Otherwise gah, it bothers me to no end, it feels like looking at the anime edition of a class year book photo.

Also, glomp circles. I know folks have fun at them (though I personally dont see the enjoyment of having some one of questionable body odder tackle me) but damn can those things take up a lot of floor space and some how manage to block traffic in areas that should not have traffic problems (like main/grand halls, or in large courtyards)

Finally, the 'ew he talked to me he's a creeper!' as well as the 'she turned me down what an attention whore!' saying hello, or responding to someones hello with a polite reply, does not mean 'I want to have sex with you' this applies to both parties. Yeah people that lead people on exist, yeah con creepers exist, but dont blow things out of proportions. The boy who cried wolf ladies and gents.

>Non con related
Tourists. I live in a tourist heavy city, I do understand they are wonderful for my cities economy, that's great! And hey it's a beautiful city I'm glad you like it here. But for the love of god, do not lean on the 'open doors button' on the tube. Or I will slap you for holding up the train. Also, read the signs. If you cant read english yeah understandable, but if every one is standing to one side of the escalator, and I mean every one, it means perhaps you should stand on that side (even if this is a thing not done where your from), and not block it for people that want to walk up the other side. I feel petty for complaining about that, but it does grind my gears when I'm running late to catch my train and theres a group of tourists blocking the entire escalator and I cant get through.

>> No.6571063

>>6568955
Have you seen the thread about making RHS yet? I just went and looked at the new forum after reading your post and saw it. I about lost my shit laughing.

>> No.6571191

>>6569196

You're not planning on getting weight loss surgury, are you?

Because, it's mega easy to lose weight...

>> No.6571192

>>6568903
>Not understanding what 'I get your point' means.

>> No.6571203

>>6569459

>fatphobia

Not even close. More like disdain for people's lack of willpower

>> No.6571206

>>6569459

>fatphobia
>fatphobia
>fatphobia
>fatphobia

The only thing you got right with that word is the fact that people are genuinely afraid of you. Please, indulge in your disgusting "needs" far away from the general population of people with self control.

>> No.6571207

>>6569490

I have a two friends that are African-Americans the immigrated here when they were younger.

One's Arab, one's South African, and they both tried to get African-American college scholarships, although that didn't really work out for them

>> No.6571208

>>6568955
"I'm gonna wear uggs with lolita to a meet soon ;)
Fuck your rules "

No. Just, oh God no.

Also, if your butt is big enough to not need a petticoat then you're too big to wear lolita.

>> No.6571210

>>6571191
>mega easy to lose weight
Fuck you. If it were that easy then people would just do that and not undergo life-threatening surgeries and pay thousands to lose it. People like you have no idea the processes it takes to even be eligible for bariatric surgery.

You can't just waltz into an office one day and say "Gee, you know I'm overweight so can I has surgery pl0x?" For one you have to prove you've been overweight for years, you need to be over a certain BMI, and you also need to prove that you've -tried- to lose weight before but you regained it back. It's a last resort and it isn't for everyone, and the people who are at that point are beyond an eat less and jog a mile a day basis.

>> No.6571213

>>6571210

>If it were that easy then people would just do that

But it is. People are fucking LAZY. It's also super fucking easy to take care of your teeth, and not have cavities or surgeries, but yet people still get them all the time.

>> No.6571215

>>6568955
I just had to search for the Gaiaonline Lolita forum. Holy fuck those people are hopeless.

>> No.6571220

>>6571213
Again, fuck you. People have emotional problems, people have physical handicaps, and things of that nature.

But how about this: You can get your doctorate and go through years of med school. That way you can be the one to tell everyone having a weight problem that they're just being lazy fucks.

Oh and protip: A person can brush and floss their teeth everyday and still wind up with cavities. But silly you doesn't know that cavities can be caused by other factors such as not getting enough fluoride, or having teeth that grow in abnormally in the jaw, or have many ridges that a convention toothbrush can't clean adequately.

>> No.6571219

>>6568988
But I was 100lbs. when I was 10... but then again, I was 5'7 at that age...

>> No.6571223

>>6571213
>It's also super fucking easy to take care of your teeth, and not have cavities or surgeries
Confirmed for dumb bitch lol.

>> No.6571228

>>6568808
>What ALSO grinds my gears is people who become absolutely ENRAGED when people suggest that they should lose weight (or that they should at least try to live a less sedentary lifestyle) for their health
Well, for one, what the fuck do you think you'll get out of suggesting to someone that they should lose weight?
I mean seriously, do you think they don't realise?
Do you think they'll be like "Ohhh, you mean I SHOULDN'T eat this entire chocolate cake? Well shit I had no idea, thanks for the advice"?
If it were really that easy then there wouldn't be so many fucking fat people around, would there?

And don't be all "Hurr durr but it was that easy for me" because not everybody is the same. Something that might be really easy for you might be fucking impossible for someone else, and vice versa. Personally I cannot comprehend how so many people get depressed. Even when my life is shit, I can't seem to feel sad for more than a few hours at a time before I just get bored of it and stop. But I'm not going to go up to a depressed person and say "Hey, so, have you tried not being sad?"because OBVIOUSLY if they could just up and do that they would have fucking done it already.

There are undoubtedly a shitload of personal issues that they need to resolve first. Just straight up telling someone to lose weight is just going to make them feel even more shit about themselves, especially if you don't know them very well.

>> No.6571234
File: 39 KB, 720x480, 95.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You know, seagulls... after this thread, I do think I like you guys more now.

>> No.6571246

>>6569584
Lolita is my daily wear so when I wear lolita to and anime convention it's like when guys wear jeans and a t-shirt to an anime convention.

>> No.6571247
File: 19 KB, 300x300, ww.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6571191
>>6571206
>>6571213
It never ceases to amaze me how all of these internet professionals come crawling out of the woodwork to offer their one-liner fixes for multi-faceted problems that even seasoned doctors and physicians have a hard time addressing.

I think you guys should write books, since you seem to have the ultimate answers.

>> No.6571253

>>6571247
Die you morbidly obese fat accepting piece of shit.

You are worse than Hitler.

>> No.6571268

>>6568928
>I HATE when people say I shouldn't call myself fat.
FUCKING THANK YOU!! As a fat person myself, I have been bitching about this for months, not because calling myself "plus-size" makes thing confusing, but because it's fucking stupid and babying the reality. Yes, I'm fat, and I'm starting to change that. I swear, if I see another goddamn SJW at my school cringing at my word usage, I'm gonna scream.

>> No.6571275
File: 971 KB, 5000x4068, trollface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6569751

Tell her that you're heteromantic, and calling you straight is a trigger.

>> No.6571276

>>6569893

Well, you're a hipster if you're derisive towards people that do like popular shows.

>> No.6571278
File: 201 KB, 500x743, 1357848820081.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6570093

>That much skin with that shit tier body

If she wants to show off, then she better fucking look like this.

>> No.6571281

>>6570205

>people that seem to eat, sleep and breathe drama and emotional problems and can't seem to function without that

You mean women?

>> No.6571290

>>6570235
You bet they do. I take every excuse I can to let people know that God isn't real and that religion is for sheep and that I hate it when my mom takes me to church.

Also, if you want to be a Christian, you automatically think the Bible is 100% true. There's no other way to be part of the religion. Boy howdy, you have my number.

>> No.6571326
File: 63 KB, 500x500, 1334513256639.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6571290

>> No.6571354

>>6570625

Taxes and insurance premiums, yo

>> No.6571364

>>6570953

>consoles suck

How about I slap your shit

>> No.6571372

>>6571208

I'm planning on a Goku cosplay that's going to involve Uggs

>> No.6571378

>>6571210
>>6571220
>>6571228
>>6571247

Doctors can't fix willpower. And it *IS* extremely easy to lose weight and keep it off if you ever feel the urge.

>>>/fit/17018018

>> No.6571380

>>6571290

>implying you aren't a sheep too

Get over yourself, you're not special.

>> No.6571508

A few con-related bitchings:
-For the love of god, cosplay shouldn't revolve around catty high school drama. I don't give a fuck about what X cosplayer did - hell, I don't even remember the names of any cosplayers I haven't met in person.
-Anyone who thinks it's funny to yell, "THE GAME," "BUTT-SCRATCHAH," or "WHAT TIME IS IT? ADVENTURE TIME!" needs to be sodomized with the entire inventory of Bad Dragon.
-If you're gonna cosplay someone from Marvel comics, please for the love of god maintain at least a passing familiarity with popular characters beyond the ones featured in The Avengers. I've met Tony Stark cosplayers who didn't know who Cyclops was, and Thor cosplayers who didn't know who Beta Ray Bill was. I'm not saying you need to memorize a goddamn encyclopedia, but for the love of god, at least read a couple of Wikipedia articles on characters often associated with who you're cosplaying, if only so that you can talk about your cosplay without looking like a tool.
-Homestuck is the worst thing to happen to anime cons since Hetalia. If you're going to cosplay Homestuck, please seal your paint, and don't act like an ADHD-riddled 12-year-old.

>> No.6571552

Oh look, the Lolita Secrets community has invaded /cgl/.

>> No.6571587
File: 387 KB, 976x1632, tumblr_m6gr1lu1TH1r3ogaqo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6571508
In that order?
Fuck yes. Agreed. All the little weebs who are so sick of all the popular kids turn into those exact kind of people when they are in their own little social groups.

I would add people who think running around with a boombox blasting Rick Astley, or Carameldansen, or Gangnam style to that list. It's not clever. It's not funny. It's fucking obnoxious.

I want to agree, just because it's really fucking stupid to want all the benefits of belonging to and feeling like you're a part of some group without actually doing anything to deserve it. Yeah, you can have fun in your costume, sure, whatever, but to strut around a fucking con going, "Us Avengers fans, huh?!" trying to only get pictures with Thor, Loki, and Captain America because you don't fucking know any of the other characters is fucking dumb, and that applies to every other series too. I'm looking at you Homestuck fans who only know the trolls!

And, yeah, Homestuck and Hetalia fans are the worst faggots from every other big craze, collected under one group. That one fucker at the photoshoot who kept shouting for two male cosplayers to make out? That one kid who was so fucking hyper because they're in costume and they think that's reason enough to act like a retard? That bitch who picks fights with other cosplayers because she thinks her costume is better? Yeah, every single one of those people 'abandoned' their other fandoms and jumped on the Homestuck bandwagon.

>> No.6571588

>>6571587
And I should probably add that most of these aren't unpopular opinions.

>> No.6572281

>>6569751
Gross. Stab her in the back and post her shit here. Change "friendship" to facade. Treat her like SJWs should be treated.

>> No.6572720
File: 64 KB, 500x297, first we then we.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"let's check back on this thread, see how it's doing"
>mfw

cgl be full of some vicious bitches. Righteous bitches. Love you guys.

>> No.6572838

>>6570681
Well, in /cgl/ any opinion is pretty much offensive as you can tell by this thread

>> No.6572911

Fuckbutts that occupy games in the gaming room ALL GOD DAMN DAY.MOVE YOUR ASS. GO DO SOMETHING ELSE.
BUTTHOLE.

>> No.6574649

>>6572911
I have this problem with people at the DDR machines. I never get to play it so I suck but I still have fun. But there are people who boss hog the machines and get all angry and pouty/snarky when you want to play at least ONE fucking song...

>> No.6574654

I don't know if this is offensive or sucks to hear for some people or whatever but for the most part lolita clothing isn't that small measurements-wise. It's not huge obviously but I always cringe at people who are like "lolita is so tinyyyyyy!" when it's pretty standard.

>> No.6577176

>>6570994
Not an offensive opinion but this trend of switching randomly between lowercase and capslock needs to FUCKING. DIE.