[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 134 KB, 778x1442, 170511once-upon-rumple.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6564892 No.6564892 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a small, baby-faced male. But I want to cosplay fucking Rumplestiltskin from Once Upon A Time. How can I do this, CGL? Tips for the wig, fabric, hell, I need a prosthetic nose so where can I get one of those too?

To keep this about being more than my whiney needs. General TV cosplays? Supernatural, Dr. Who, and even some lesser known series. Because why not.

>> No.6564952
File: 128 KB, 900x430, SPN cosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Look up FtM crossplay tips. Even though you are male, theres tons of tips and tricks for contouring that'll make you look more masculine.
If you're not particularly experienced in SFX makeup it might be difficult to make your own fake nose. Look in to some higher quality witch nose prosthetics from theatre and halloween stores (though try to stick to theatre stores, Halloween stuff is usually just cheap and tacky and will look fake).

Anywho, I'm working on a Castiel cosplay right now. Woo for TV cosplays~.
It makes it a heck of a lot harder attempting to look similar to a real-life actor.
Here, have some SPN cosplay. Or, rather, some watermarks with a bit of half decent SPN cosplay in the background.

>> No.6565383

Let me touch your face appreciatively. Other OUAT fans make me happy. I'm actually working on a Regina cosplay right now.

If you're doing crazy Rumple as opposed to Mr Gold/Pre-Dark-One-Rumple, you'll need lenses. He tends to appear in quite dark scenes, but if you look carefully, it looks like he's wearing circle lenses. I think the GEO Bambi lenses might give you the look you'd need, though there are others out there. He doesn't seem to have them in your picture, but they're visible in the show. The nails are another detail not to miss out. Wear false ones or paint your own if they're long enough.

The skin will be important. I'm not sure exactly how you'd achieve that slightly shimmery look but somebody who knows more than me should be able to aid you. If you need help applying the bodypaint (You should only need to do a little up your arms, hands, neck, chest and face.) but if you ask nicely in the Homestuck General thread, they will probably have a lot of neat tips for you.

Contouring will be important; you'll need to get some hollowed cheekbones and shit going on, but that really isn't hard; try Youtube special effects tutorials for that.

Prosthetics-wise, Youtube is once again your BFF. I can't help you too much with fabric, but there are a lot of fabric experts on this board so hopefully somebody else can.

Really, this shouldn't be too tough even if you are baby-faced. If you can get the make-up down, that won't matter. As for being small, he as a character, is quite slight and I think he's quite short, so that's not an issue either.

>> No.6565450

You are not alone OP, I am a baby-faced girl who wants to cosplay him. And I can't wear contacts.So I'm at a bit of a loss.

>> No.6565830

>>6565383
Bless your face. Thanks so much for all of this! I know there is like, some really thick shimmer powder I can use for my skin. I think that may work but I'll have to look into it more.

I hope to see your Regina cosplay! I'm actually surprised others want to cosplay from the show!

>> No.6565845

>>6565830
And BANG. My face was blessed.

It's an odd, greenish gold shimmer he has going on, I think the best route will be a bunch of experimentation.

I'll probably post it on my Tumblr once it's ready; I'd love to see your Rumpelstiltskin too!

Oh God, me too. I've been super worried that I'll be like the only OUAT cosplayer at the con and be lonely, but some people have assured me there'll probably be one or two knocking about, so don't lose faith!

>> No.6565901

when you're done....I'll totally be grilling you for advice....I too dream of doing a rumpel cosplay someday....
>>6565383
What version are you gonna do? Regina has some of the best outfints in the show as the evil queen....

>> No.6565913

>>6565901

I'm shooting for her outfit in True North (E09S01) but I might have to pick another one as finding decent pictures of it is super hard and I'm struggling to get clear screenshots. I've got a few other options in mind in case that one falls through.

>> No.6565923

>>6565913
gonna go rewatch that ep now....

>> No.6566285

Hi OP, would be be helpful if I tell you exactly what makeup they use on him for the skin and coloring? I don't know much about prosthetic noses and all that, but they use a silicon FX makeup for his texture and the base color they use is "Jade", but it's hand mixed and applied every time, and I haven't been able to find out what other colors they mix, but I do know they finish off by airbrushing him in gold for the shine.

Hope that helps a little!