[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 687 KB, 500x667, maids.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6553273 No.6553273 [Reply] [Original]

Hey seagulls

What's your opinion on American maid cafes?

Which ones are the best?
The worst?

What are your expectations of them?
I've been working with one for a couple of years and I think its pretty fun and helps you make friends at different conventions, since I'm usually pretty shy outside of it.

I think that maid cafes should have friendly, talkative girls and that their looks don't really matter if they have some awesome personality quirk.

The maids in the picture look below average in my opinion, but I'm sure they have loyal customers.

>> No.6553353
File: 204 KB, 404x303, 1209_rpg_20m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think they suck in terms of having attractive girls working at them.
If I want fun conversation with less than attractive girls, there's other places I can go for that for free. I pay money for a maid cafe so I can have a fun chat and be entertained by cute and attractive girls.

>> No.6553373

I feel kind of dumb, but where are there maid cafe's in America?

>> No.6553377

i have been to a cafe in NY. it was pretty much full of weebs and it was really tacky. i havent gone to any nice maid cafes, do those even exists?

>> No.6553380

>>6553353
In the most japanese ones there aren't attractive ones as well at last if you aren't a japanophile.

>> No.6553386

Could you even make a maid cafe in the states without someone whining about discrimination? Maybe if you called the girls "models" instead of waitresses?

But even then this would never succeed outside the con circuit so there's no point in trying and everyone knows con maid cafes are doomed to failure

>> No.6553437

OP here. I don't know much about maid cafes with actual establishments and headquarters and fancy stuff like that. Just con cafes.

I'm from Texas and I think the most popular maid cafe here is Neko Neko

>> No.6553447

>>6553386
You mean Hooters?
They are not considered waitresses in their contracts, either, but "entertainers".

>> No.6553474

>>6553386
It could work if the food was decent (like at least Chili's good) and the girls were actually cute. Also cute out that burriko cute shit. American men don't like that.

>> No.6553481 [DELETED] 

The idea of a traveling maid cafe that goes around to different cons is the only logical one to me IMHO. It's such a niche market that it doesn't make sense to open one since the main demographic are lonely weeb dudes.

>> No.6553489

>>6553474
Meant *cut* out burriko

>> No.6553503

>>6553437
There have been a few that have opened and closed in the Los Angeles area. I'm really crossing my fingers that MaiDreamin's first american branch here will succeed, it would be nice to visit a maid cafe that wasn't a rachet-y con one.

>> No.6553541

>>6553503

I've only ever been to a maid cafe twice in Japan, but were the LA ones weeaboo central? I can't see a business model like that working very well, even in Socal.

>> No.6553633

>>6553541
It would need to essentially be like Hooters or Twin Peaks but in maid uniforms.

>> No.6553652

>>6553541
Royal/T in LA was not weeby at all. It was actually part art gallery/shop/event space, and only a "maid cafe" in that the servers wore maid outfits. The overall vibe was more hipster than anything. It seemed to do well with events, but maybe could have benefited from a better location (not much else around it). I only ate there once and the food was nothing special, but the events were fun.

>> No.6553696

American maid cafes are stupid. Nobody in America cares about maids. It's a Japanese fetish.

>> No.6553739

There was one in Detroit of all places, with Black Meidos.

It closed down.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/08/15/detroit-maid-cafe-stuns-japanese/

>> No.6553741

>>6553380
I was gonna say... very rarely do I see girls who are higher than 5/10 working maid cafes in Japan. Even 5/10 is being generous.

That said, I don't think the whole maid appeal works with westerners. Asia is very focused on cute culture. Over here sexy is what sells. I've only ever seen success with maid cafes in asian countries, so honestly any westerners trying to put on the cutesy act automatically rub me the wrong way with the weeaboo vibes.

>> No.6553754

>>6553739
Bad idea to open one in Detroit, have ugly as fuck decor, and have ugly maids. Recipe for disaster and it was.

>> No.6553805

>>6553741
ya, I hate the cutesy act in america. I just want a polite, attentive and sexy/beautiful waitress maid.

And most maid cafe have ugly maids, I will not waste my money if the maids arent half way cute or they have shitty costumes or they are flat out fat.

Also girls who crossdress to be butlers are usually fat and not cute.

>> No.6553930

>>6553447
id probably only go to hooters if a bunch of friends wanted to go. im dying to try the wings though

>> No.6553938
File: 280 KB, 800x540, RubberStamp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In Vegas there's an Anime Maid cafe, and it does pretty well. The sell boba and smoothies, and teri sliders, sushi, ramen. The foods good and pretty cheap.
The walls are covered in anime and the girls wear costumes during Halloween and con times. They sponsored Anime Vegas one year.

>> No.6553957

>>6553938
The last time I went there, the ramen was awful and tasted like cheap packaged crap like Top Ramen. Has it improved past that?

>> No.6553964

>>6553938
>>6553957
Don't forget Capri Sun

>> No.6553972

>>6553957
I've honestly never had the ramen, but the teriyaki sliders and fries are delicious.

>> No.6553991

>>6553964
Do they really? Was that when they first opened?
When I want good ramen I go to Susheki's or upstairs to Icheza. Monta makes great ramen, but it's always crowded.

>> No.6553993
File: 105 KB, 640x640, 553337_561246877238575_2074795310_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6553938
>>6553957
You know what, I'll have to give it to them that they know how to market. They have a food challenge and free kids meals, and knowing the area of their location, people fall for that shit all the time. They seem to know that they're swinging to the weeaboo direction, and they really milk themselves out despite having cheap packaged food.

Why can't there be more places like that, where they simply enjoy themselves but do their job? Then again, they're Vegas.

>> No.6554033

>>6553993
That is true. Most of their customers are either weeaboos or creepy white guys with yellow fever. It's more of the former than the latter though.

>> No.6554074

>>6553938
what is that font in the bottom and why do weeaboos always use it

>> No.6554089

>>6554074
Look like Comic Sans font or something.

>> No.6554126

I don't really get the point. I pay three times as much as this food is worth so a girl will pretend to like me for 20-30 minutes?

>> No.6554151

>>6554126
And yet there is Hooters with the exact same concept.

>> No.6554200

well first off, maid cafes work really well in japan because of japanese society, I mean there was that article that was posted a few months ago, it was a cuddle service where men would pay women $14 dollars an min for a cuddle session. the market for a cutie maid cafe works because pretty girl is the all that is need to make a guy satified will always bring them in no matter what.

also in culinary standard foods alright but hooters girl are kind of like stripers. in the sense of asking if your done every 3-5 mins and seem to be pushing hard for tips.

any restaurant concept to begin with especially if its just focus on pretty or cuties women, needs to focus on the food because thats what keeps the customer coming back. the women can bring in the costumers but that never guarantees that they'll keep coming back.

>> No.6554203

>>6553652
Royal/T had alright food and drinks when I visited, but it's pretty disappointing if you're looking for a maid cafe.

I think they might have changed locations since I last went, though?

>> No.6554611

So what do you guys think convention cafes should do to improve?

>> No.6554655

I've been to reni's last month. She's cute, funny, and fun, and it makes me wonder why she isn't that popular. They really need to improve on their food, holy shit it was bad.

>> No.6554663

>>6554074
it looks like the generic font used in manga, not sure if it has a name or whatever.

>> No.6554678

I've been to MaiDreamin in Akihabara and it was actually a pretty fun experience. They have all sorts of things like a raffle ticket with your meal, and at the end you get 1 out of the 10 prizes (ranging from photos of the maids, with the maids ... to something like a song CD). The food was also pretty nice, and the maids were entertaining.

Anyway, the point is people need study up on what a maid cafe should be like, and not some half-assed anime club brainchild that's only happening because meidos are kawaii nya uguu =^_^=

I'm so tired of seeing people only using anime as reference. No, not everyone wants to eat omelette rice with your fucking horrid ketchup drawing.

>>6554074
It's probably Anime Ace or something.

>> No.6554856

For a maid cafe in America to work it isn't enough to simply emulate the types of cafes they have in Japan. Few people in the US care about girls acting moe in maid costumes. You'd have to make it sexy: short skirts, big boobs, sensual demeanor, etc. That's what western men like and want to see.

And by no means should you hire weeaboo girls who want to live out their own moe fantasies for themselves. Beautiful women with the right personality should be chosen, even if they don't care at all about eastern culture. It's a job, not a hobby.

And of course, you also need to have good food. Even Hooters at the end of the day is popular more for their chicken wings than their boobs. No one is going to come back to a cafe if their dining experience wasn't worth the check.

>> No.6554868

>>6553739
“I thought black maids were more of a sensitive historical topic than this.”

I fucking died.

>> No.6554886

NYfag here.
NY maid cafes to what I've seen are all ghetto weebs or cholas trying to become the next JLo.
They all do dances and don't look very happy doing them. There's a couple landwhales which is slightly disturbing considering their uniforms.
All the Asians avoid maid cafes like the plague.

>> No.6554899

>>6553930
They aren't that great. Certainly don't compare to Buffalo Wild Wings, and even those aren't top notch. If BWW was a 7/10, Hooters is like a 4 or 5/10. They're small, too crunchy a lot of the time (and I don't mean crispy, I mean gross and crunchy), and the sauce isn't particularly original or enticing.

>> No.6554927

>>6554886
>All the Asians avoid maid cafes like the plague.

They make me extremely uncomfortable (the cafes not the asians lol)

>> No.6554952

Do you think maid cafe's in Japan would like the idea of hiring a pretty white girl as a sort of novelty?

>> No.6554958

>>6554952
Pretty sure I remember reading an article about some girl who worked at a hostess bar and was later killed or something by a customer. Pretty sure she was regarded in that same novelty view.

>> No.6554969

>>6554952
No. Most Japanese feel uncomfortable around foreigners. They're also more into moe than they are into pretty/sexy, and they don't consider white girls to generally be very moe.

The whole idea behind these kinds of cafes is to create the illusion that you're being served by a girl from an anime.

>> No.6554973

>>6554952
Many hire white girls, but they ain't pretty. I wish I had some flyers I collected while visiting Akihabara with me right now. There were quite a few with a token white girl.

Akihabara kind of gave me the creeps. I wasn't interested in maid cafes prior, but just walking down the street felt a lot more sleazy than I had imagined. I think a lot of people setting up maid cafes out of Japan ignore the disturbing part of it. It doesn't help that I personally knew a major slimeball otaku who paid maids to dress up in cosplay and have sex with him.

>> No.6554984

>>6554958
A hostess bar is very different to a maid café, though. I imagine a white girl would be much safer working in a maid café.

>> No.6554986

>>6554973

Oh god, that paints a nasty picture.

>> No.6554997

>>6554969

Seems odd. white girls look more like anime characters in my opinion. Bigger boobs, bigger eyes, more pointy noses, more varying hair colour.

>> No.6555062

>>6554997
You're just projecting. Well, mostly.

>> No.6555307

We have a maid cafe food truck where I live. I've been around it once at a festival, the girls are mostly Hot Topic weebs, or 7/10 for being Asian. I've never been to it besides that, but I think it's very odd, even for the maid cafe thing.

There's also a maid cafe "club" (that also has a handful of 4/10 butlers) that does their pop up cafe at cons and Japanese festivals. I've never been to their cafe either, but they had a delivery service at a con I when I had an AA table. That was nice, but they ended their thing with "Thank you very much, arigato gozaimasu, kamsahamnida, xiexie, toa chie" said slowly, and with a 5 sec bow before finally leaving. Gave me an ooooooooookay... moment.

>> No.6555338

>>6554074
It's Anime Ace 2.0.

Yes, I have. No, I don't use it.

>> No.6555422

>>6553957
Hearing from one of my friends, she had gone there, and overheard them, when they were discussing the food challenge that it seriously was just top ramen.

>> No.6555430

>>6553805
yeah, I think the only way to make it work in the west is if they went for a sophisticated/elegant vibe, instead of the kawaii thing. the only ones i've ever been to have been the "NYAAAAA IRASSHAEMASAE MASTER-SAMAAAAA" kind and it's just.... so grating

>> No.6555433

>>6554655
>holy shit it was bad
sounds like you've got your answer

>> No.6555438
File: 84 KB, 468x500, princess-heart-restaurant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'd like to see something that's geared toward female customers like that Princess Heart restaurant in Japan. Not really a maid cafe, but just a really cute frilly restaurant.
Probably wouldn't take off though unless they marketed it as a destination for children's birthday parties.

>> No.6555444

To be honest, I can't see something like a maid cafe working in the US at all. I always feel really awkward about the class-division thing, and most people I know do as well. I don't think we're culturally inclined for a restaurant built around the concept of subservience, although I could be wrong.

>> No.6555456
File: 222 KB, 690x610, 1180-04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The Maid Cafe Resource fan page and group on facebook are overflowing with western cafes, japanese cafes, and cafes from all over the world. If you want to find a cafe in your state or at a nearby con, best place to go. In the group they have this huge list going of cafes, they're not as active, but it's pretty neat.

>> No.6555486

>>6554973
Can you recommend any alright maid cafes? I'm planning to visit Tokyo with a friend who is super curious about seeing one, so any suggestions that have maids with english/aren't super skeez would be appreciated.

>> No.6555510

My friends and I want to open a maid cafe down here in Louisiana, but we'd get shut down for being picky about who our maids and butlers were based on looks. Because really... part of the appeal is visual. As one of the ealier posters said

>If I want fun conversation with less than attractive girls, there's other places I can go for that for free. I pay money for a maid cafe so I can have a fun chat and be entertained by cute and attractive girls.

As for me, I'd design the uniforms so be as tasteful as possible. Most likely no huge, animeish bows, for example. But knee-to-longer skirts, because I fucking said so.

Buuuut... These are just dreams after all. Dreams doomed to fail for us.

>> No.6555511

>>6554886
Apple Kissa. Nuff said.

>> No.6555646

>>6555444
Um... well I agree about maid cafes not working in the US, but I don't think it has anything to do with "class division". That's just silly.

>> No.6555671

I think part of the problem is that white girls aren't really as "pure" as Asian girls if that makes sense.

Asian girls have an appeal that goes beyond aesthetics, they don't put out as easily as white girls do, and it's strangely appealing as a result.

>> No.6555673

>>6554033
Why is it creepy for a white guy to like an asian girl but not creepy for white girls to like asian guys?

Most white guys who like asian girls are far more well adjusted in my experience than white girls who like asian guys (who are nearly always mentally ill).

>> No.6555680
File: 36 KB, 175x231, 1252596156214.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6555671
>Asian girls
>they don't put out as easily as white girls do

Oh god, my sides.

>> No.6555685

>>6555680
I lol'd

It isn't about purity or anything, it's just that Westerners won't like that weird cutesy behavior that the maid cafes are based upon.

This is totally different, but I wonder about a strip club that served food, that would probably work out pretty well. The main thing is good food though, I'm not a fan of the type of stuff they serve at Hooters but plenty seem to like it.

As per discrimination based on appearance, I don't think that's a problem. Plenty of places do that, they just don't make it obvious. Ask anybody that runs a club or something, they preferentially hire attractive girls over ugly ones.

>> No.6555684

>>6555680
Asian girls are more demure than white girls, and less crazy.

>> No.6555688

>>6555685
It is about purity. The difference is why Japanese girls like behaving cutely and childlike and why Western girls like talking about sex openly and other disgusting shit.

>> No.6555711

>>6555688
Yeah, no, it's just about two different cultures enjoying two different kinds of behaviors with varying degrees of subtlety.

Hooters girls don't talk dirty, but they do dress differently and act differently (flirty, rather than trying to be cute).

I think a cosplay cafe with girls acting like the ones at Hooters (kind of casual, flirty, and basically attractive) would work in the West though.

Although why do I even bother, your trolling is shit.

>> No.6555714

>>6555711
Hooters isn't flirty, it's slutty. Fuck you for being a goddamn whore.

>> No.6555779

I think they should look good above all else, as in they should be clean and put together, preferably thin/thin waist, MAKE UP AND HAIR DONE

The food and drinks shouldn't be ass or expensive. If you're going to charge a lot, charge for extra time spent with the maids and make the food cheap.

Don't try to "kawaii" up your voice. You sound retarded.

I'm not really the market for maid cafe's, but every time I see them, there's maybe one decent looking girl, and the rest are either homely as fuck or whale's. Rarely do they have good make up and hair.

>> No.6555796

>>6555779
I work at a con maid cafe in America and I've noticed that younger audiences eat up that KAWAII DESU cutesy voice shit. Probably helps that I am Asian, but I get mad tips when the kids come from rich families.

Only asiaphiles and socially inept weeboos accept the cutesy voice.Normal people give off that Ooookay... Vibe. It's all trial and error

>> No.6555809

>>6555796

Post your cafe with pic of you?

>> No.6555824

>>6555796
It's probably just because you're asian.

>> No.6555826

>>6555796

I love the way every bumfuck average asian girl thinks she's the object of every white guy's affection. It's actually quite funny how delusional it is.

>> No.6555834

>>6555796
What's your cafe?

>> No.6555872

>>6554856
I guess it depends on what audience you're aiming for, then:
- People who are interested in a cafe with maids, and is set up in a way that appeals more to western tastes
- People that want a Japanese maid cafe experience

>>6555779
I agree with everything here.
Maids are there to look nice and presentable. At the very least, they should know how to do basic makeup and can do something with their hair.

I've also seen some maid cafes where everyone had a different uniform and there was no feel of consistency at all. I'm all for individuality (maybe customizing your base uniform with little things), but... really..?

>> No.6555910

Ne, /cgl/ I want to be a cute meido but there aren't any cafes in my area! ; ^ ; I'm sure I would be the most kawaii meido there, but I don't know what to do! > ^ <

>> No.6555931

>>6555872
Ah, I definitely agree with the consistent costumes for all the staff. It makes it seem professional rather than "I'M SUCH A KAWAII MAID DESU"
It would be a nice detail to switch up uniforms every once in a while depending on the season

I also think quality of the costume is important. I don't want to spend a shit ton of money on girls wearing shitty party quality costumes.

>> No.6556114

From my research, in as far as an actual non-con establishment goes, no true maid cafe's are currently open. A lot of tried and failed, though.

I think its just too niche a market, I mean even in Japan MOST profitable cafe's are in Akihabara which benefits from tourism as well as its own Japanese niche (which is still relatively small). Even so they seem to open and close just as frequently and require a LOT of advertising in the form of their cutest girls in cosplay passing out flyers in crowded areas to people. As someone else said, market wise it is similar to Hooter's, but more niche and without the added benefit of alcohol sales (usually).

I think authentic maid cafe's in Cons are nice when done properly, but as a general business plan not likely to succeed. I can see an already solid cafe or restaurant having cute (but not crazy) uniforms as a fun addition being the best bet, but that doesn't really make it one in the conventional sense (haha droky pun).

>> No.6556257
File: 292 KB, 1200x877, AFP_Getty-513354290.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Maid Addict posting now.

>>6555910
You can start by not begging and whining like a massive little burriko weeaboo bitch.

>>6555826
Fragile Asian girls or pretty Asian boys at cons are generally preyed on. Do you not remember the floods of yellow fever threads here before?

>>6555779
I've seen curvy and chubby maids rock it out before, anything beyond the 5L size is a fat no though. Maids should also dress in something that is flattering and modest (please no cleavage and have sleeves!), since maid cafes typically don't sell based on sex appeal. Accessorizing should not clash with their uniform either and kept to a minimum.

The cafe prices really depend on venue. Some venues will enforce a set fee for food.

American Maid Cafes, they can be done but it's hard for it to be successful in the USA. Majority of the maid cafes currently open are usually at risk of closing (ex. the end of Royal/T) due to only targeting a specific audience.

>> No.6556330

>>6556257
I am still not sure what happened to Royal/T, from what I have read they have pretty good reviews, a following and stable business. Was it for unusual financial reasons or were they unable to make the sales required to stay afloat?

>> No.6556395

>>6554973
Oh god I felt so weird going into akihabara, I mean I got so many stares from guys while I was there. it was kinda freaking me out. I think its just because they never seen a 5'1'' black chick in japan before, and it doesnt help I probably looked 15...
I know I went there I wanted to go to a maid cafe so bad but I didnt want to go alone and none of my friends had to gutts to go with me lol. but I got the Ami Futami figure I was looking for so I was happy.

>>6555438
I will admit I would love to work at a maid cafe where I make women feel like princesses c: that would make my day actually lol

>>6555511
Whats wrong with apple kissa? I mean is there anything that they can do to make it better?

Also anyone got any tips on what makes an ideal maid?

>> No.6556463

>>6554868
>“I thought black maids were more of a sensitive historical topic than this.”
>I fucking died.

Alot of things people think blacks would find offensive turns out to be things they're willing to embrace. I know several blacks that like to roleplay as slaves; one has this fetish being treated like a slave in the Antebellum South back in the day. I kid you not.

>> No.6556469

>>6555307
>We have a maid cafe food truck where I live.

Pictures or this never happened.

>> No.6556483

>>6555685
>This is totally different, but I wonder about a strip club that served food, that would probably work out pretty well. The main thing is good food though, I'm not a fan of the type of stuff they serve at Hooters but plenty seem to like it.

Strip Clubs money is usually pushed via alcohol sales and what the girls get. Food is an afterthought in many of those places as the main attraction is the strippers, not the food.

>> No.6556494

>>6556114
That's because they focus on a gimmick and not the restaurant.
Have a restaurant whose servers act/dress as good looking maids and butlers, not ugly maids in shitty costumes who happen to serve food

>> No.6556501

>>6556463
and some people have rape fantasies.
there's people that get off to dressing/roleplaying orca whales ffs
what a few people want does not make everyone want it/the norm.

>> No.6556543

Sometimes I think about joining the local maid cafe [i think they've only had a cafe at one convention, then just dance at other events for the most part].
But then I think about how I hate Vocaloid [what they usually dance to] and how out of touch I am with other kawaii uguu squeaky dancey songs...
Past experience with them was also under par with shitty food and one of their leaders talks with that fake burriko voice. Of course, this was before they started charging for the cafe. When I went, it was still free.
They also don't update their website enough.
I just want to be a cute maid...or butler, but I doubt they'd let me be butler...

>> No.6556572

>>6556469
searched Maid Cafe Truck
facebook dot com slash MobileMaidCafe

>> No.6556613
File: 181 KB, 500x281, itwouldbesogreat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I would really love to be part of one of these things.
Even just working in the kitchens.

But I'm incredibly self-conscious about my knees and a lot of these uniforms make me nervous.

A nice tea length costume in muted colours. Tasteful but unique little name pins. Well-played archetypes. Light and delicious little morsels served with a smile.

But when I think about being a waitress, I recoil haha.

>> No.6556626

So basically:

- Maid cafes should focus on their service and functioning as a proper establishment that serves food. Good food, good service.
- Maids and butlers should look good. Knows how to use makeup and do their hair. Should have a consistent uniform.
- Cut out the burriko shit (Maybe it would be better to limit it to someone who can play the token imouto character). Be more elegant.
- Also, cut down the weebish Japanese.
- People should realize that if they want to be successful, they need to tweak the model to better fit western culture.

Going off another anon's idea: Would it be a good idea to be a cafe with nice uniforms, and then when cons come around thats where they can participate as full-blown maid cafe?

... Am I putting too much thought into this?

>> No.6556652
File: 47 KB, 295x393, tumblr_lzrk89RTjg1qe8ygyo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6556613
I like the longer classical maid costumes more than the loli animu ones too.

>> No.6556653

>>6556626
I agree with pretty much everything here.

As for your question, I am pretty much doing exactly that with my upcoming business this year in Florida, little tea parlour with awesome crepes where the workers happen to wear nice uniforms and a bit more "posh friendly" than most places, but nothing that would give anyone a weird vibe. Of course its unethical and probably illegal to only higher very attractive people, but I can have a high standard of neatness in appearance/behavior and personal grooming.

I was also thinking about catering cons, but honestly I don't want my workers to ever have to uguu it up anymore than would be usual.

>> No.6556663

>>6556626
Basically, I'll give an example of a gimmick restaurant that is local to me. It's called the XP, it was an idea some redditor had who put up on that 'charity/donation' site that wanted to be video gamed themed bar/restaurant where people could play games at and chill.

The guy didn't do much research it seems and bought the cheaper liquor license that wasn't for what he needed. He also didn't think the whole 'being able to play copyrighted videos games' bit through.
So it's currently a failing business with sub-par food that plays silent final fantasy X and Tekken clips.

What kind of uniforms? As far as I'm concerned the whole maid/butler thing should still be present, but adapted.

>> No.6556691

>>6555671
Are we still stuck in the backwards habit of slut-shaming? Might wanna grow up a little bit, there.

>> No.6556695

>>6556652
god yes! The pink one in OPs pic is utter shit(I own it) I much prefer this sort of thing. It's beautiful and classy.

>> No.6556702

>>6556691
That has nothing to do with slut shaming. The anime moe nerd niche likes pure innocent girls.

>> No.6556718

I dunno, maybe its a cultural thing but when I see more classical elaborate outfits like this actually *on* someone, I just think of some BBC historical drama, and I assume 99% of customers would too. As much as I love period themes, I don't think a cafe that needs lots of customers interested in food and drink should put the spotlight on the presentation which just encourages a small customer base who spend relatively little so they can sit about feeling novel. Not trying to sound harsh, but especially for a cafe to do well you need lots of turnover (people in, people out) to have safe margins and want to stay afloat.

The kinda prices required to run a fussy, sit down kinda place that will probably attract older women and maybe the occasional hipster/weeaboo (no disrespect) would be ridiculous. Commercial rent alone is ghastly let alone employee salaries, materials, ect. A person has to think of it from a business perspective and not just as a customer.

>> No.6556726
File: 51 KB, 467x300, goodday-sunshine_z-ksp-19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6556718
Oh related but I posted this on another board about customes, its what I think strikes a middleground between "novel maid cafe" and "cute eccentricity" without alienating too broad of a base.

Of course it would probably need a bit of tweaking, so as not to look so coquette, but it conveys the idea I am going for.

>> No.6556727

>>6556702
I assumed these posts were by the same person.

"It is about purity. The difference is why Japanese girls like behaving cutely and childlike and why Western girls like talking about sex openly and other disgusting shit."
"Hooters isn't flirty, it's slutty. Fuck you for being a goddamn whore."

>> No.6556739

Hate to kind of attention-whore it up in here, but this is somewhat related. How would I go about being a part of the "host bar" that lots of cons have in junction with the maid cafes? Most of them require you to be 18+ to enter as a customer, so I'm not sure if I'd have to be 21 to actually work there. Not like I'd be forced to drink as part of the job, right? I understand that's how it works in Japan, but this is just a con, after all. Also, what are you experiences from these host bars? Good or bad experiences? Ways the whole thing/demeanor of the host could be improved?

>> No.6556743

>>6556739
I assume you are in America, in which case you MUST be 21 to generally work with alcohol even in a serving capacity.

I think there is some grey area of its prepared by someone else and you are only carrying it from one place to another, or if its an closed container but and most people wont feel like toying with ambiguity and require all bartenders to be 21+.

I would think there would be host bars or host cafes that don't serve alcohol that would be more than suitable for some even 16 I should think. If not perhaps you should start one, or suggest an existing maid cafe add a few butlers for female (or male) customers.

>> No.6556744
File: 23 KB, 400x336, $(KGrHqJHJFMFChDnU9oEBQyylQSOTQ~~60_12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6556652
>>6556695
Same. Actually, this is my favorite maid dress, but I just wish I knew where to get a quality one like this. (not buying from honestdragonchina. Ever)

>> No.6556748

>>6556744
this reminds me. Has anyone bought from Milky Ange?
They seem to sell a lot of maid and semi-historical pieces.

>> No.6556771
File: 69 KB, 502x294, maiduni.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6556663
Exactly. I was just thinking it should be toned down enough, that unsuspecting people coming in wouldn't be too weirded out. No cat ears or anything like that.
See pic.

I think Creamy Star and I are thinking along the same lines.

>> No.6556793
File: 30 KB, 400x266, Anna Millers 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guys, there has been a Maid Cafe in the USA that has been in business for decades. And it's in Hawaii.

>> No.6556858

>>6556793
Eh, but that's Hawaii. Doesn't really count, since the culture's substantially different from the continental US.

>> No.6557580

>>6556793
Hawaii. ...I don't think my car can drive on ocean yet.

>> No.6557583
File: 77 KB, 658x492, 2795572-ANNA_MILLERS_Honolulu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6556793
Oh boy, look at these sexy maids. I definitely want to eat there now!

Be still my heart.

>> No.6557705

>>6556793

Um, that's just a restaurant that hasn't changed it's uniforms in 40 years. Those are outfits are worn in any German/Polish/whatever style restaurant.

>> No.6557767

>>6557583
*leans away*

>> No.6557792
File: 28 KB, 400x400, Housekeeper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6557583
>>6556793

.... Why does this restaurant have housekeepers?

>> No.6557813

>>6556483
Actually, a lot of strip clubs don't have alcohol because they don't want customers getting too rowdy, it just cuts down on a lot of problems all around.

But you're right, the main attraction is the girls more than anything, as would be here.