[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 73 KB, 540x960, tempestunbirthday.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6504652 No.6504652[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How's your local lolita comm, /cgl/?

>> No.6504656

I love my com, I've been going to meetups for about two years now and everyone I've met is really sweet.

>> No.6504657

Everyone in my comm is nice and all but I'm 22 and I feel stuck between the younger lolitas and the older lolitas because our interests and activities rarely converge. I feel really bad sometimes because I attend every meetup with my fiance and I'm too beta to try and break into conversations to change the subject. I really shouldn't be complaining though because everyone is super sweet and we don't have any drama.

>> No.6504658

New Lolita here, wondering how to find your local comm or ones around you.

>> No.6504659
File: 457 KB, 500x500, 1354036725353.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Only been going for the past 4-5 months but they are all chill as hell and there's no drama.
we try and make some for funsies, which pretty much entails "hey you're a bitch" "you are too" "drama!!" and then we laugh.
a little ot I want to draw each girl a picture of them in lolita for a christmas gift, nothing overly complicated just like a doodle, would that be cute or creepy? ;_;

>> No.6504662
File: 33 KB, 120x120, T270xGXataXXXXXXXX_!!770417.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6504658
google
egl
facebook
such as typing your state or city and then the word lolita, see if anything pops up. you can always ask on egl if none have been established in your location.

>> No.6504671

>>6504659
Depends on how well you know them. Maybe draw a picture of everyone as a group so no one feels creeped out or bad if they didn't get you anything?

>> No.6504673

>>6504662
Thank you very much! I found one and am quite surprised we have one for our state. I hope to go next time they have a meetup!

>> No.6504676

>>6504671
everyone has to bring small gifts for everyone, so ideally everyone i give a drawing to will have gifted me something as well
we also have new members that show up so that is why i wouldnt want to do a group photo

i was thinking for those i personally know draw a cute picture of them, and for those ive never met give them a certain stock of other cute drawings, like maybe milky chan or usakumiya

>> No.6504686

I used to be kind of meh about the community because there was certain drama, but most of the old members have left now and there's a lot of new, nice people joining and we're forgetting past grudges. We have a lot of meets and do fun stuff together, it's really nice.
I guess the only bad thing is that one girl is always really snappy and rude to strangers looking at us or asking us something, even if they just tell their kids to look at the pretty princesses. It kind of makes everybody uncomfortable when she snaps at a mother to not teach her daughter to stare at people.

>> No.6504689

>>6504686
>It kind of makes everybody uncomfortable when she snaps at a mother to not teach her daughter to stare at people.
Whoah, what a bitch.

>> No.6504696

>>6504689
The thing is that she's really nice otherwise. I suspect she might be some kind of aspie.

>> No.6504698

>>6504696
Is she well-dressed?

>> No.6504702

>>6504698
Yup, lots of brand and good coordinating skills. Not fat or ugly either.

>> No.6504708

does anyone have any SJWs in their comm?

>> No.6504731

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if Maine has a comm?
Or do they just go to Boston or something?
I couldn't find a FB and the LJ looks like it's been dead for years.

>> No.6504735

I quite like my local comm. There's a handful of itas old and new that float about but they seem nice and there's no huge drama that I've ever seen spill into a meet. The main group that plans things is really nice, well dressed and fun.

I'm going to be moving away soon and I'm sad I won't get to have meets with them anymore. I barely get to see them as is.

>> No.6504757

I used to like my local comm. But now it's overrun with ita that won't take suggestions. People have started dating each other and they're drama everywhere. It's just too stressful.

I know I'm a bitch for saying they all look like shit and therefore I don't want to be around them... but it's true. :/

>> No.6504767

My comm is now split into three different groups:
1. The better comm with people who know how to dress or are actually passionate about the fashion
2. The derps who can't dress themselves, but somehow afford brand
3. The weeaboos and itas who think lolita fashion is prom dresses, tutus, and black butler cosplay

>> No.6504785

Eh. It's New York. Whatcha gonna do?

It's honestly not all that bad on my end, though. With the older lolis, it's really just bitter gossip and loling at the crap that goes on with the ita groups. We don't give a shit until it's stuff like when that girl was getting crap on BtB and FB for wanting to go to Amber's party instead of Crystal Candyland. We got too tired to want to start shit and just wanna chill with our frills.

>> No.6504798

>>6504652
Who are these people? The one on the right looks like meowtan or whatever but she looks shorter and squatter than her.

>> No.6504822

>>6504798
girl on the left is happyunbirthday who is really really sweet and the girl on the right is meowtan

>> No.6504824

>>6504822
Wait that is meowtan?

>> No.6504829

>>6504822
I dunno, happyunbirthday always kinda rubbed me the wrong way. She always seems to pour so much effort into her image and has changed since garnering more attention. I think she buys too much into Tumblr culture, and since she became friends with Tempest she's edging towards SJW status, slowly but surely.

>> No.6504835

>>6504708

me, probably.

And my comm is a bummer, its so small so no one tries very hard to look good, and the meets are pretty weak and unorganized because no one can agree/wants to spend any money.

>> No.6504838

Is that Meowtan? Bitch got fat as fuck

>> No.6504843

>>6504835
Aww anon, please don't be a SJW. Come back to the light.

>> No.6504927

>>6504731
as far as I know there WAS a Maine comm- It was located near portland. but this is like 2 years ago, so I have no idea if they still exist.

I lived closer to ME when I starter, but then I moved closer to MA so now I just go to the Boston meetups. Unfortunately NH has nooothhiiinnngggg....

>> No.6504926

>>6504843
I think they meant they have one in their comm, not that they are one.

I started lolita in one comm which was (and still is) pretty tiny (about 5-12 active girls?) and spread out across a pretty big state. I loved it. Everyone was so great, we all had a lot of different things in common/similar personalities and no drama that I was ever aware of! There was this weird identity theft/scam (that's all I can think to call it at this point) where some 'girl' in the comm accused me of putting together a large taobao GO and stealing her and her friends money... it was really strange because I had only ever been to one meet at that time and only had spoken to one girl (who I politly asked if she knew anything about the accusation and she said she had no idea and I believe her) though oddly enough we DID talk about taobao and a possible GO, but it never went through... My full name/email address/and lj were posted here (I was a newb and had no idea what /cgl/ even was...) with some story about how they had been trying to get in touch with me for weeks even though I had no emails or calls (they claimed to have my phone number) from these people... I asked around about their names with no one recognizing them and finally went to the police after I attempted to reach out to this person saying I had no clue what they were talking about... They replied back accusing me of lying and then asked for a picture of me and my paypal account... at that point I went to the local police and they advised me to never respond/contact this person back. I followed their instructions and never heard back... So that's the only bad memory I have of the comm, but at this point I assume it was some creeper at the meetup I had been at who overheard my conversation with that girl then looked at the sign up sheet for the event to get my info... was really strange and creepy. But I cleared my name with the comm and we had great times /shrug.

>> No.6504981

>>6504926
Speaking of Taobao GOs, I really wish my comm (the NC comm) would do one. We did one a while back but I didn't have much money so I only got one thing and I'd head it myself but I'm super unorganized and don't have a credit or debit card. I feel like it's rude to ask for one if I can't help out because I'd feel...demanding, I guess?

>> No.6505018

>>6504981
Well there is a really awesome girl in my comm that does GOs all the time and it saves so much... SO much on shipping. However, she is a pro and has her own excel sheet with breakdowns on item type/weight with all the fee calculatioons (she's done almost 20 huge GOs at this point) so she usually initiates the GOs when they happen... But I'm sure she gets requests to put them together? I'd post on your comm site/FB and just ask! It might even urge someone who wants to start hosting GOs to get some things together? I don't think it's demanding at all! The worst that can happen is... that it doesn't happen haha. For example on the savings... I probably ordered about 8 pairs of shoes and boots and a heavy velvet blouse and some other blouses and had 4 items OOS and I got a refund after the shipping calculation went through haha. Normally even with the OOS items I would have had to pay at least... I don't know maybe 50USD for the shoes due to weight? Also she does DHL because her SS gets a great deal on it after a certain weight (I think 20kg is where DHL starts to be a much cheaper options) so the shipments are much quicker than EMS.

>> No.6505135

>>6504927
Ah ok. I guess I will just continue to keep to myself then unless I can swing a Boston meet.

>> No.6505171
File: 56 KB, 470x400, 1348537576606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My nearest comm is a six hour drive away so I can't exactly make it for their regular meet-ups or anything. I did have a lolita in a nearby town and we dressed up together and stuff, but she recently moved so now I'm a lone lolita all over again. There is one girl in my exact town who is into lolita but I haven't approached her as I've heard some nasty things about her. Normally I'd rather get to know people first before I listen to gossip, but I would rather just avoid any drama in my life at the moment. I sort of run an anime club in my town, which has become pretty successful for the amount of socially awkward kids now making friends with each other and coming out of their little shells which is great to see. Only, I find it difficult for every meet-up with them, having to explain that what I'm wearing is a fashion and not cosplay. It's just the only time I really dress up to the nines because I work all the time and don't really have any places to go worth dressing up for. It is almost annoyingly cute when one of the girls tells me "Your dress and headbow remind me of Alice in Wonderland! You should cosplay McGee's Alice!"

>> No.6505175

My local com is pretty fantastic. Aside from two people really who just seem to ruin everything. Other than that everyone is super supportive and kind to each other.

>> No.6505194

>>6504838
I think she found the fat acceptance section of Tumblr slacktivism.

>> No.6505218

>>6504981
Awe, I'm in NC and I order from taobao quite often

I just have severe anxiety issues so the idea of going to a meetup terrifies me

>> No.6505311

>>6504926
Ah, I know who you are, and we miss you! So sad you moved shortly after becoming active in our comm again.

That being said, I love our comm too - there's a wide range of ages (late teens to mid 30s), but everyone gets along so well. I hang out with my lolita friends in plain clothes all the time, and took a road trip to Las Vegas with one for a concert.
I met my best friend through the comm, and a bunch of other really close friends.
The only semi-drama I've ever encountered was at the con in September, a girl who doesn't wear lolita but always hangs around our group said something really nasty about another girl after the competition we held, because her group didn't win. It was an odd situation, and I'm not so sure I want her joining us at all anymore.

>> No.6505312

>>6505311
Miss ya'll too :(

>> No.6505314

>>6505194
She's a slacker for sure, and lazy. But fat? Meh. I don't even like her really but I'll never understand the people who call her fat. She looks average to me. It could be just because she doesn't do much activity-wise and hence just looks a bit more flabby.

>> No.6505315

Is it weird I'm tempted to become a lolita just so I can seek out friends online to hopefully meet irl without seeming like a lonely weirdo?
I dress in otome kind of style with petis and stuff already so it wouldn't be too much of a style change.

>> No.6505318

>>6505314
I don't think she's fat, but she is chubby for sure. I guess she also doesn't carry her weight too well and lolita is also not a flattering fashion at times.

>> No.6505337
File: 137 KB, 332x750, tumblr_m87tx6iOyy1qawb8zo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6505314

>> No.6505341
File: 763 KB, 1312x1014, ummm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Unrelated but meow_tan's facebook account has been pretty lulzy lately with the hardcore SJW shit. Normally I hide her feed but I took a look at it today.
>mfw post relating to the religious political correctness about Christmas
>mfw tirade on 'offensive' bro shirts sold at Spencer's
I mean, who the hell shops at a Spencer's looking for politically correct shit when it's a gag and novelty store?

>> No.6505345

>>6505341
Her Facebook is classic. She changed so quickly after her gay boyfriend left.

>> No.6505347

>>6505337
She doesn't look fat to me. Hell of an unflattering picture though. You can tell she really tried to give her boobs extra lift but they just wound up gushing out the sides.

>> No.6505351

>>6505347
Yeah, I have much more of a problem with her makeup and corset/boob thing than I so with her weight. She looks average to me.

>> No.6505364

>>6505218
Do you want to do a mini-GO? If you reply I'll put my email in the email feed for next response to exchange feedback and chat.

>> No.6505370

>>6505314
I'd think she was maybe chubby but not fat if I looked at her for the first time, but since I was introduced to her and was a fan of hers when she was thin and have watched her morph into this poorly-styled pseudosociologist spouting ignorant and trashy bullshit while simultaneously gaining a fair amount of weight I'd say she's kinda fat.

>> No.6505381

>>6504838
>>6505318
Found her ModelMayhem, it still has her old measurements.
>34-24-30
>100lbs
notanymore.jpg

>> No.6505396

Considering how big my comm is, it's considerably pathetic when it comes to planning any larger meetups. Most of the girls have no organizational skills. I'm not bothering because it's like pulling teeth trying to get the girls to do anything at meetups that it's really no fun.
Am I the only one with a comm like that?

>> No.6505395

>>6505381
Oh well, honestly I don't think it's a big deal that she's gained some weight. Weren't those measurements from a few years ago? Can't be a 100 pound 16 year old forever imo.

>> No.6505407

>>6505395
The weight isn't the problem, but it's icing on cake of the mess she's become.

>> No.6505412

I really like my comm. They're all super nice and helpful and really awesomely dressed. There are a couple of girls who have especially great styles, like they just look really excellent all the damn time. You know those people who just seem to have a real talent for turning themselves out perfectly and everything they do is perfect?

>> No.6505415

Our comm is pretty good. The quality of dress is high and a lot of the girls are really good friends who have fun together. There is some drama with one girl who doesn't really show up much anymore; she has said some pretty racist things and has tried purposefully excluding more active members that she doesn't really know/doesn't like in the past. Aside from her (and maybe one other girl no one has seen in forever), there isn't any drama to speak of.

>> No.6505418

>>6505407
I agree. Hope she grows out of it though for her own sake. Seems like an edgy highschool phase.

>> No.6505424

>>6505415
is it one of he girls in ops picture?

>> No.6505439

>>6505415
Are you from Toronto?

>> No.6505462

>>6505439
'Fraid not.

>> No.6505463

>tfw torn between Rochester comm and Syracuse comm
>tfw torn between drama comm and ita comm

I really hate living in upstate NY. At least towards nyc you'd got some diversity and choices for which group to hang out with, both age and style-wise.

>> No.6505464

>>6505424
Oh no, this girl is just a nobody bitter with her unproductive life and husband who hates her hobbies.

>> No.6505465

>>6505463
At least you don't live on Fort Drum

>> No.6505482

>>6505463
Yeah but if you're already stuck between drama and ita NYC is the same thing in a more compact space.

>> No.6505551

>>6505482
Isn't all the drama started by the ita group anyway? Like how the itas had Crystal Candyland and the other group had ILD at an expensive tea room.

>> No.6505576

>>6505364
Sure, I wouldn't mind, I'll put mine here too (it's a throwaway but better than nothing!)

>> No.6505583

>>6505576
Here's mine. It's a throwaway too.

>> No.6505590
File: 8 KB, 180x135, 174717_130541770347060_5306766_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6505395
>Can't be a 100 pound 16 year old forever imo

>> No.6505594

>>6504676

Images are not a gift. That's a shit gift.

"Thanks for the headband, here's a printout of some anime lady."

>> No.6505597

>>6505594
can you not read, shithead? It'd be stuff that I drew myself, not pictures of anime I googled. where'd you even get that idea.

>> No.6505635

>>6505597
>personal attack
good god anon, calm the fuck down. The person misunderstood you. I hope I'm in your comm so I can reject your gift because you're a needless asshole.

>> No.6505643
File: 20 KB, 250x333, 1342053593000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6505635
dont worry, you aren't.

>> No.6505677

Meow-Tan's not fat she's just lost her teenage body. Some girls keep that type of body until they're in their late 20's and others fill out faster. Sorry ladies, but eventually majority of you are going to get a little thick sooner or later.

>> No.6505704

>>6505677
Sure, if you let it happen. Exercise and good eating habits can go a long way.

Sage for off topic.

>> No.6505714

>>6505677
>20
Man, I fucking lost it when I was 15. Not even fair. Early bloomer to puberty though.

>> No.6506051

>>6505677
I'm 22 and only just got to 100 pounds after spending my teenage years in the 160s. Feels good being thin while everyone around me gets fat.

>> No.6506108

>>6506051
i feel you! i got slightly taller, but i didn't gain any weight. one of my friends from high school was always kind of like... a built-fat girl, but now she's super thin.

congrats on your weight loss, anon.

>> No.6506123

>>6506108
I was like your friend, builtfat. I feel kind of bad because I used to do at least one fitness class per day and walked 3-5 miles a day but ate massive quantities. Now if I walk a mile it's enough exercise for the week while I subsist on 1000-1200 cal/day. I can't even lift up half my body weight anymore but I feel good about my body and I feel like I should care more but I really don't.

>> No.6506575

My comm's usually really nice, but meet locations are sometimes 3hrs+ from the more northen cities. Its a real pain that the northern girls are expected to travel that far, but no one from the south would be willing to travel for an hour to a more central city.
Its a shame, becuase it would be really nice to have easily accessiable big meets. I do love hanging out with them.
I have my lolita friends nearby though, so I guess I'm lucky there.

>> No.6506659

>>6506575
We have each other.

>> No.6506683

>>6504981
You might try posting in the facebook group. But I understand GOs that get too big get hit with crazy shipping and customs and make it less worthwhile.

>> No.6507235

My local comm is ok. The groups only special snowflake doesn't come to meetups anymore, and our local aspie doesn't come anymore after being called out on his shit. We have fun now and there's no drama.

>> No.6507306

>>6507235

Local aspie? We talking bloomers boy?

>> No.6507326

>>6505704
>>6505714
>>6506051
Hey, there are exceptions. I mean, I'm a size four but have big tits and an athletic body. I want to be waif thin, but I kind of have to accept that's just not going to happen. Some people can get down to waifish proportions with diet, exercise and some can't. Likely hood is that most girls, by the time they leave highschool, pack it on, loose it in their 20's (still remaining a little thick) and then back it on again once their metabolism stops in their 30's. Shit happens, but it'll getcha sooner or later.

>> No.6507747

>>6507326
I'm the newly-100 lb anon up there and I'll never be waifish because I'm just so fucking broad. My shoulders and ribcage are massive, and while I don't have big hips, my hipbones are wide-set. I look thin from the side but almost Hulkish from the front. It sucks because the two body types I idealize are waifish and pinup-curvy but because of the way I'm built I'll never be either. Feelsbadman.

>> No.6507822

>>6507747
I'll never be a waif either. I've been working hard at dieting and working out to loose weight, especially for Lolita. I'm proud of my progress and I still have a ways to go. But I know even when I reach my goal, I won't have that tiny waif-like body. I build muscle easily and I have a wide ribcage. I'll be lucky if I can wear partially shirred stuff.

>> No.6507866

>>6507822
Keep telling yourself these excuses.
A wide ribcage is not an excuse.

>> No.6507870
File: 281 KB, 1385x1031, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>yfw you will never have glorious perfect abs

>> No.6507873

>>6504824
Meowtan = Tempest Paige

>> No.6507872

>>6507870
>yfw you will always look like a man

>> No.6507875

>>6507872
Don't waste your time being jealous of a fit woman when you could be at the gym getting fit instead.

>> No.6507876

>>6507870
/fit/ pls go

>> No.6507878
File: 49 KB, 500x400, 747.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6507870
thats hot

>> No.6507879

>>6507870
I am dying to have a body like this. -_- The way my family is it's hard to avoid eating shitty food esp during the holidays. Feelsbatman.

>> No.6507883

>>6507875
I'd rather maintain a feminine figure,
thx.

>> No.6507884

>>6507878
Miyu posted it on a progress thread in /fit/ a few days ago. I'm surprised it took them this long to troll us with it.

>> No.6507888

>>6504652
My local comm can get a little...ehh. Case in point: Our mod stopped using our normal webpage for meet ups and created a private, exclusive group on a certain social networking site. She specifically did not send me an invite and for over a year and a half, I remained unaware that the group was still holding meets. I would occasionally post on the original webpage, suggesting a meet, but nobody ever responded. I continued to see pictures of lolita gatherings floating around, so I assumed that some of the girls just wanted to have private meets with their friends. Eventually I found out about the "new" group. I tried to get in touch with the mod, but my friend requests were rejected (twice) and she blocked me. Even though other people know about this she is still remains a mod

>> No.6507891

>>6507883
>i'd rather be lazy and buy frills to hide the fact that i look unattractive naked
ftfy