[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 9 KB, 400x396, 1256948524321.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6500095 No.6500095 [Reply] [Original]

Hey ceeg. I just got a bank reversal on a transaction on the egl_comm_sales for some lolita clothing that a girl bought from me. I uploaded the tracking info to PayPal, but did not include signature confirmation. I got an alert on the reversal a few minutes ago, this is almost a day after I messaged her to confirm that I sent the clothing to her. Tell me, how likely am I to get my money back? Planning on calling PayPal first thing tomorrow.

>> No.6500102

>>6500095

>for some lolita clothing

>> No.6500132

Was it maikodolly?

>> No.6500133

You and everyone else
look at the first thread on the main EGL site
and than look up her name on GTFO

>> No.6500156

if it was maiko dolly you need to 1. call the cops, and then 2. inform the EGL mods to stop telling people she's paying everyone back.

>> No.6500158

>>6500156
or, rather- if the paypal address was mur6mn@aol.com.

>> No.6500163

No, wasn't Maiko. Was a girl in CA, though. Is there a chance this could be an honest mistake, or are bank reversals initiated by the card holder?

>> No.6500172

>>6500158
Hasn't she got a new account now, though?

>> No.6500180

>>6500163
are you sure? She has a different paypal now, I heard, and might be using a friend's name to shop. She tried to buy some wigs from Chokelate a week ago, so it's not like she isn't still active.
Even if it's not her, I say better safe than sorry. Email her, wait 24 hours, then go to the cops. If she's truly innocent no harm done, if she's guilty you'll be glad to have acted sooner rather than later.

>> No.6500200

>>6500180
Thanks! I guess I'll wait it out for now. I've got contacts with the local police who could probably give me advice if this should escalate. After all the drama I read concerning the Maiko debacle, I was just like "ugh... really?" when I got the reversal. The payment was reversed out of my PP balance, but I don't want this to fuck with any of my other transactions right now.

>> No.6500217

>>6500200
good luck, I hope you get your money back. I hate when stuff like this happens, it doesn't just harm the individual people but the community as a whole as well.

>> No.6500232

It depends on how much the items is worth. If it was over $250, you're only fully covered if you get signature confirmation. Don't evereverever ship something that expensive with signature confirmation, and probably insurance. That said, even if you didn't you may still win with paypal, since you can prove it was shipped.

>> No.6500240

>>6500217
Yeah, it really does reflect poorly on the community. I was getting pretty disenchanted with lolita for a while now anyway and selling on the community is such a pain in the ass sometimes. I think after the holiday I may make a huge post and unload a lot of my wardrobe, because I'm just kind of tired of it.

Thanks for helping, everyone! I guess I can keep you posted if it turns sour.

>> No.6500248

>>6500232
OP again, I've sold a few dresses recently and am super happy to hear that I did the right thing by insuring and asking for signature confirmation.

The transaction that was reversed was just for smaller items, a bit under 100 USD, which is why I didn't think to add signature confirmation. It's tracked though, and I did upload that tracking number to her invoice, so PayPal has proof that the item was shipped. Here's hoping it works out! Customer service takes calls in four hours.

>> No.6500477

if you used ups/fedex and the package has not been delivered or has not hit the final routing segment you have the possibility of halting shipment. ups charges for delivery intercepts and i'm not sure if fedex does, but you can tell them to return to sender and most of the time they will be able to if it hasn't hit the last leg of the trip.