[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 2.27 MB, 2442x3664, Sasuke_Shippuden_Cosplay_by_Zettai_Cosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6489891 No.6489891 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /cgl/. First-time poster here and I'm looking for tips on how-to-do okay on my first cosplay.

First things first, what preparations do you do(aside from how you look) before going in a cosplay convention/or-something?
How do you act while in your costume? I.e. do you have to act like your character?
How friendly do you need to be to other people?
And is over-thinking bad? Hell yeah, I've been over thinking so much.

Pic related. What I will be cosplaying.

>> No.6489912

shameless self-bump

>> No.6489947 [DELETED] 

what preparations do you do(aside from how you look) before going in a cosplay convention/or-something?
Shower. Wear proper makeup. Put on wig cap. Make sure you have hotel key and phone.

How do you act while in your costume? I.e. do you have to act like your character?
Only when posing for photos.

You never NEED to be friendly, but like any other aspect of life, the friendly you are the better people respond to you.

You should focus more on the quality of your cosplay and how good you look rather than on cosplay etiquette. You're cosplay a character expected to be sexy from a series people don't have a huge amount of respect for, so you'll need to be something good.

>> No.6489956

>what preparations do you do(aside from how you look) before going in a cosplay convention/or-something?
Shower. Wear proper makeup. Put on wig cap. Make sure you have hotel key and phone.

>How do you act while in your costume? I.e. do you have to act like your character?
Only when posing for photos.

>How friendly do you need to be to other people?
You never NEED to be friendly, but like any other aspect of life, the friendly you are the better people respond to you.

>And is over-thinking bad? Hell yeah, I've been over thinking so much.
You should focus more on the quality of your cosplay and how good you look rather than on cosplay etiquette. You're cosplay a character expected to be sexy from a series people don't have a huge amount of respect for, so you'll need to be something good.

>> No.6489983

>>6489956

Noted, thanks much!

>> No.6490040
File: 21 KB, 400x225, 1264652278893_f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

youre going to do fine sweety!

>what preparations do you do(aside from how you look) before going in a cosplay convention/or-something?
I shower, wear proper make up, put on lots of deodorant, put on wig cap ect ect. If you're worried about getting con funk, make sure to pack deodorant somewhere in your pocket or purse!

I usually act like myself. If I meet other people who are cosplaying the same character or same series as me I may act in character if they do, and for pictures!

Depends, will you be at a con by yourself trying to make con friends? If so, act FRIENDLY! Act super friendly! Smile, don't cross your arms or legs when standing and talking to people. You want to appear to be open.

Don't. Try to make sure your cosplay and wig are of a good quality. Wear contacts if you feel comfortable with them. You should be fine. Everyone is nervous about their first cosplay, for the most part. As long as you are conscientious about your cosplay, I think you'll be okay!

>> No.6490114

>First things first, what preparations do you do(aside from how you look) before going in a cosplay convention/or-something?

As far as your costume goes,make sure you have extra tape, safety pins thread, in case your costume/ prop needs repair

>How do you act while in your costume? I.e. do you have to act like your character?

That's your choice, I don't act in character, and I dont really see too many cosplayers acting in character, usually when they are its during a gathering, or when they are in a cosplay group, just do what you feel most comfortable with

>How friendly do you need to be to other people?

Just dont be rude, thats all, if someone asks you for a hug, and you don't feel comfortable, politely say no, don't call people out and make fun of them, you know, just don't be an ass

>And is over-thinking bad? Hell yeah, I've been over thinking so much.

Im an overthinker myself, thats how I focus and get ready, but if its adding more stress its the last thing you need, just do your research there are tons of con survival guides and video's you can watch to know what to expect