[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 371 KB, 1280x855, tumblr_mdelj5yaNR1qejo01o2_r3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6421073 No.6421073[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Old thread: >>6415849

>> No.6421078
File: 1.45 MB, 1072x1435, tumblr_mdlg04MbDN1roh2mno1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6421073
That Sollux has been posted to death and back but at least it's a neat setup this time.

>> No.6421085
File: 141 KB, 960x720, tumblr_mdlmc5xWYp1ro93t6o2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The concept is cool, photo quality less so. But thus is the lot of convention photos.

>> No.6421153

more questions about PAX

I know it's not a good idea to try and do pax on the body and match kryolan or ben nye to your face

but what about getting the liquid makeup and mixing that into the prosaide and then putting a matching shade on your face

or is it not that hard to match them with the liquidtex after all?

>> No.6421197

1/2 due to length

There were some discussions about PAX going on in the previous thread, and I wanted to clarify a few things:

Powdering is the CORRECT thing to do, not final seal. You powder the everliving shit out of it while it's still drying. I've heard powdering between coats works, or doing one big powdering afterwards.

From personal experience, two to three layers of a 50/50 paint to pros-aide ratio gives fairly good coverage on light skin. Do not glop a lot on at once and expect it to come out nice; apply it in thin, even coats in a dabbing/stippling action.

Remember to shave/wax/nair, for the love of god. It'll look better, and come off a lot easier.

Regarding original vs no-tac (and II, for that matter). Some friends of mine have been dying to do proper tests of the different pros-aide formulas, and in different paint to adhesive ratios as well. As far as cosmetic differences go, no-tac has a bit of a yellowish tinge to it whereas the original is pure white, as is pros-aide II (which is what I use). This tinge will probably not matter at all once you mix in your paint, unless you are doing a semi-opaque application (which I've been toying around with for paling areas like the feet). The three of us all use a different type: if you guys remember the troll Hussie from AX 2011 and the Caliborn from AX 2012, they use No-Tac, and our third person has a bottle of Original.

>> No.6421200
File: 1.56 MB, 900x1040, paxhandstart120pm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

2/2

Related image: application of PAX mixed with a 50/50 ratio of paint to Pros-Aide II on my non-dominant hand, application started between 1:10 and 1:15 today and powdering was finished at about 1:20. Usually I use armsockglovethings on my arms, PAX on my neck to my jawline, and Ben Nye on my face for the best combination of dexterity, expressiveness, and durability (the PAX on the neck doesn't crack/peel because there's less friction and not the right kind of range of motion to promote peeling). I'm trying out PAX on my hands just to satiate your curious souls. Since the initial application, I've done a lot of typing, changed pants, opened candy, and made instant noodles. I've got some friction wear and a tiny bit of peeling on my fingertips, but so far no peeling/cracking except for the areas on my knuckles that I didn't quite get paint in when I was applying it. I'll update if there's any more major wear, or at midnight, whichever comes first.

>> No.6421206

>>6421153
My friends and I have successfully used combined applications of PAX and Ben Nye, although we mix our Ben Nye first and match our PAX to that, not the other way around. Once you solve that color-matching hurdle, I don't see what the issue is with using two types of matching makeup as long as you blend correctly? PAX should be applied first, and then your primer and Ben Nye over that.

>> No.6421216

>>6421153

Don't worry so much about it matching EXACTLY. Stand in front of a mirror and hold your hand up to your face. Are they the exact same colour?

The important thing is the contouring and shading. That's what'll sell the illusion.

>> No.6421228

I'm working on an Eridan. If I dye black and white striped pants with blue fabric ink, will it have any impact on the black? Jus' wondering.

>> No.6421239
File: 2.92 MB, 1347x895, Dolorosa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm the Dolorosa in this picture. There's definitely several things I want to change about the costume, but I think it's not too bad.

Sage for selfpost.

>> No.6421243

>>6421197
>>6421200
>>6421206
>>6421216

thanks for all the info, dude, I'll probably try it out if it's not going to automatically look like ass

>> No.6421245

>>6421239

you need to repaint the green on your mantle so it matches your dress

>> No.6421251

>>6421153
Sufferer-PAX anon from before; in my experience, matching the Liquitex to the standard "troll grey" Ben Nye isn't that difficult, and once you've shaded and contoured, it blends in fairly well. Personally (and I would NOT recommend this), I've used PAX on my face, since I tend to have allergic reactions to Ben Nye but not to Pros-Aide, and Ben Nye for touch-ups and such. The nice thing about PAX is that unlike Ben Nye, it doesn't melt in the heat. I wore my Sufferer during Comikaze, in 90-degree weather in LA, and the PAX just felt like a second skin.

IMO, I feel well-made armsocks are the best option, as they are comfortable, you can touch things, and they can look really nice.

On the subject of armsocks, Target sells Juniors' leggings in almost the exact troll grey color, but they are only available online at this point. They're nice and cheap, work well for armsocks, but they're capri-length so they only work well for legs with knee-high socks. Just thought I'd throw that out there, since they were a huge relief to me during PMX!

>> No.6421254

>>6421245

That's the camera flash, it matches in person.

>> No.6421267

>>6421239
That's a really nice-looking mantle actually. If the flash warps the color that badly, perhaps try a more matte and less glossy finish?

That Condesce's horns though. Holy shit...

>> No.6421279

>>6421267

The colour on the mantle is actually turned out pretty true, but it washed out the dress and the cape. The cape is the wrong shade anyhow, I couldn't find the right stuff in time so I made do.

Thanks for the compliment! It's my first time making an armour piece that big, I was so goddamn proud of it.

>> No.6421289

>>6421239

Well, first of all, your greens don't match, and the green you used on your dress is closer to the Leo blood color than the Virgo one.

>> No.6421294

>>6421289
Didn't we just say that flash washed out the dress?

>> No.6421302

>>6421294

Flash would not change the hues that drastically. The green on the mantle is blue-toned, and the green on the dress is yellow-toned. I would imagine that this difference would be obvious even in a non-flash photo.

>> No.6421304

>>6421302

This.

>>6421254
>>6421279
>>6421294

Don't self-post and then get defensive when people point things out. If you want to prove the critique wrong, post other photos. Sage because I'm embarrassed for you.

>> No.6421316

>>6421304
Hey fuck you, I made the last comment and sure as hell am not part of any shit self-posting.

>> No.6421318

>>6421289

Yeah, it looks that way in the picture. The white balance is effed in the a, and my laptop has no shoop. That's the problem with group shoots, you get a dozen flashes on you at once and suddenly look like Mr StayPuft.

While I'm here, I had some trouble with the horn mount. I glued them onto craft foam panels under the wig, but didn't take into account that I had to cover the model magic with paperclay (because Sandy fucked up my humidity), making them larger and heavier than anticipated. So obviously, they turned out too heavy for the mount. The hooked horn actually gave up the ghost a few hours after this photo and broke when it hit the floor, so I'm starting from scratch.

Is there a more secure way to mount them without using a headband? The pressure behind my ears gives me pretty severe headaches.

>> No.6421326
File: 1.05 MB, 733x1100, tumblr_mdgbu4GWeh1qaijpho1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

jake's butt and thighs

>> No.6421328

>>6421078
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

>> No.6421329

>>6421073
This might sound stupid but...wouldn't it really strain his eyes to have lights right on the glasses? That would really hurt to wear after a while.

>> No.6421330

>>6421326
This looked pretty good but then
>MF
nevermind

>> No.6421335
File: 394 KB, 1280x1707, jakearanea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm sorry, but Trickster Aranea just does not look good to me.

>> No.6421344

>>6421335
I think the part that bothers me the most is how her face skin tone doesn't match up to her leg skin tone.
Also how her horns look like actual turds.

>> No.6421347

>>6421335
It could probably look a bit cute if it was done WELL, but wow, the color combinations are awful.

>> No.6421350

>>6421318
If you make your horns light enough and small enough, or with most of their weight centered at the base, you might be able to get away with gluing felt to the bottom of your horns and using a curved needle to sew through the felt and into the mesh of a wig. I have yet to test this with anything larger than Kankri horns with a floral foam base, but if you keep your horns lightweight it might work?

>> No.6421351

>>6421304

I'm not >>6421294. I don't have the mantle with me, but I do have the skirt, and I'd be happy take a non flash picture of it. Just give me a minute.

>> No.6421362

>>6421330

hate MF for her personality all you want, but don't pretend she's not comfortably in the good camp of quality homestuck cosplay.

>> No.6421376
File: 408 KB, 1600x1200, Toronto-20121116-00139.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6421351

Here we go, still not perfect, but this picture does show the blue tone much better.

>> No.6421377

>>6421197
>>6421200
Thanks for this!

>> No.6421417

>>6421239

I LOVE your mantle. I've always imagined it as a harder piece and it's so nice to see a well constructed one.

>> No.6421421

>>6421417

Forgot to add--how'd you make it?

>> No.6421434

>>6421239
Is that a Slender-moon in the background?

I don't pay any attention to Homestuck but you guys look good.

>> No.6421439

>>6421200
Last post on this until I get back home later tonight. More eating, more typing, not anything that would be particularly intensive on the hands save for finger flexing since my knuckles are prone to cracking. Typing has caused more friction wear on my fingertips, mostly the thumb, index, and middle. The tips also feel a little bit tacky now, either because the powder has all worn away (which it nearly has in those areas), or because I'm not using no-tac. I asked Caliborn/Troll Hussie how her no-tac holds up in that regard, and she said she's never had problems with fingertips sticking, and she's only had problems with it peeling from her fingertips when she's mixed PAX for Caliborn (which used a different kind of paint), and that most of the peeling/cracking is centered around the joints.

Glad I could be of any help, guys.

>> No.6421452
File: 251 KB, 500x697, tumblr_mdifi3qyKM1r35os0o2_r7_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6421463

>>6421452

Whoa. Does that dress...light up?

I'm honestly not actually crazy about the outfit because it feels so disconnected from Jadesprite as a character...it just looks like Jade in a random dress to me tbh that has little to do with the original design or her character. BUT I admire the hell out of that girl as a seamstress and doubly so if she rigged it to light up in places.

>> No.6421472

>>6421417

Thanks! It wasn't too hard. First I made it in cardstock by wrapping it around my dressform, trimming and taping it until I was happy with the shape. When I got it the way I wanted it, I cut the cardstock mantle apart and slit the curved parts so they would lay flat, to use as a pattern. I taped the pattern to some 2mm craft foamand cut it out, then put it together by laying the edges flat and smoothing hot glue over the inside of the seams (the collar was the hardest part of this, since I needed to notch it for the curve).

Then I sealed it with watered down school glue, then a coat of acrylic gesso. I used Krylon black spray paint as the base coat. Then I decided I didn't like the hard edges on the pauldrons where they met the mantle, so I filled it in with hot glue and painted it over with black acrylic. I mixed Liquitex acrylic paint in primary blue and yellow for the edges and swirls, using a swatch of my stripe fabric as a reference. Then I used Krylon triple something high gloss clear coat. I wanted it to look more like insect carapace than metal, so I went with the flat colour and super gloss.

The cape is green voile in the wrong colour because I couldn't find the right stuff, and it fastens in the front with three velcro strips.

>> No.6421479

>>6421463

This.

Good construction, cool lighting rig. But this costume has never seemed very Jadesprite to me. Perhaps it's the 80s-prom-dress vibe of the tulle skirt or the lack of skin paint.

>> No.6421490

>>6421078
What bugs me the most about this is that Roxy was stabbed through the front.

>> No.6422088

Is it just me, or do Kankri cosplayers actually tend to be some of the chillest homestucks at cons? I feel like all the crazy ones are offended by the character, so the only people who like him enough to cosplay him are the ones who are in on the joke.

I had a laugh with an awesome Kankri cosplayer at Youma, calling each other on trigger warnings.

TW: Affection, pale privelige, physical contact
TW: Speciesism
TW: Ageism
TW: insensitivity to the plight of social justice bloggers.

My brother doesn't read Homestuck, he thought we were nuts.

>> No.6422098

>>6422088
Kankris are either the best or the worst. No middle ground.

>> No.6422193

>>6422098

the same is true for the sufferer. all iterations of the character have no middle ground.

>> No.6422220
File: 88 KB, 491x375, xxvvfx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6422226
File: 36 KB, 158x218, fsdjjfs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6422275

>>6422098
Witnessed both sides of the coin at PMX, and I HOPE I fall on the chill side as a Kankri cosplayer myself. A friend of mine was cosplaying Trigger Police Kankri, but he was pretty damn chill. He had a whistle as part of his props, but the only time I heard him actually use it to the piercing, attention-grabbing point was when they were trying to get everyone to shut the fuck up and listen to the gathering organizers.

On the other hand, there was also a Kankri who was... amusingly possessive? There were more Kankris than Karkats at the gathering, so when the Vantas family photo happened, we had to double up. I went to pose with a Karkat I was friends with (and had been getting into idiotic antics with all day), and the Kankri who was latched on to her practically glared at me, like... whoa. Calm down, girl. Although, that's probably more general-cosplay-crazy rather than Kankri-specific cosplay, unless it's like... Kankris marking their trigger tagging territory or something.

>> No.6422307
File: 2.26 MB, 700x1575, paxattheendoftheday.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6421439
A little under 11 hours after application, and DONE for the day as far as I'm concerned. After 5 I ended up driving for approximately 40 minutes to go hang out with friends at a coffee shop. Handles seat belts, purse items, boot zippers, playing cards, food/beverage items. I started getting progressively more wear on my fingertips and eventually caved in and started rubbing at them to get some of the peelage off. When I got home I was able to remove what was on my palms and most of the hairless areas of my fingers with just hot water and friction, and I used isopropyl myristate to aid in removing the rest. Removal would have been faster and easier if I had taken my own advice and remembered to shave my hands/wrist/fingers. Do as I say, not as I do. :B

Also, my friends pointed out that I may have been getting tackiness on my fingertips because I didn't wait long enough before powdering? Clarification to come at a later time.

Also, Caliborn/Troll Hussie mentioned it's probably worth mentioning you should never, ever put PAX on your eyelids; not only is it a delicate area, but the PAX WILL stick to itself like crazy in that area... eyelids sticking together is not a good thing.

>> No.6422365

>>6422088
I feel this way about Cronus cosplayers. I've met both ends of the spectrum, but any of them that have been chill usually mention that people were giving them shit all day just because they were cosplaying him. Shit sucks.

>>6422307
I'm not sure if it's still relevant or not, but I've gotten my PAX to stick a lot better by mixing a greater ratio of pros-aide to paint. It might also just be that I'm contious of how I handle things, but most of my touch ups were between some of my fingers, and on the finger tips of my dominant hand.

>> No.6422394

>>6422365
Pros-Aide to paint ratios are part of what we'll be experimenting with for our PAX testing, not just the different kinds of Pros-Aide, so it's still relevant in a way. Could I ask what kind of Pros-Aide you use? No-tac seems to be the popular choice among homestucks.

>> No.6422458

My current troll paint mix is Ben Nye Liquiset mixed with light grey Snazaroo, but I notice it's a bit sticky, especially on my hands. What's the best way of powdering between fingers?

>> No.6422792

>>6422458
I usually just pour the powder on my hands and rub them together, but I use Kryolan Aquacolor + Liquiset on my hands, which is a bit higher quality.

>> No.6422799
File: 45 KB, 751x537, GODNOWHY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6421251
Target actually just stopped carrying them this past weekend.

I was waiting until after I got paid Friday so that I could order more, and now they no longer make them. I'm a little upset since 5 dollars was way cheaper than We Love Colors price.

I've heard that American Apparel has the same color in their opaque tights (Wild Dove) and on Black Friday I heard they will be doing some good deals on that?

I'm still a little miffed though about Target. They don't even have the search option available for these anymore. Some Target's still carry them in store in their CLEARANCE/HOSIERY section

>> No.6422825

does anyone have experience with sealing snazaroo with ben nye final seal?

>> No.6422851

>>6422799
Are those the same color/thickness quality as We Love Colors?

Also, does anyone have any strong opinions regarding the water-based paints? Quality and stayability of Kryolan vs Paradise AQ vs Snazaroo?

>> No.6422860

>>6422851
they're utter shit. They're thin, have a shininess to them and tear very easy. Also are very rough feeling compared to the We Love Colors ones

Just pay the 3$ extra for the we love colors ones you cheap fuck.

>> No.6422872 [DELETED] 

>>6422860
lol wow get that sand out of your vagina. "What is the quality of those?" != "boohoohoo I'm so cheep"

>> No.6422877 [DELETED] 

>>6422851
lol wow get that sand out of your vagina. "What is the quality of those?" != "boohoohoo I'm so cheap"

>> No.6422885

>>6422851

They feel pretty much what you'd imagine cheap tights to feel like. I very much prefer the We Love Colors ones. I've made armsocks from both and the We Love Colors tights are still going after 7 convention uses, where the other ones died after a single con.

>> No.6422899

>>6422851
I am also wondering about Water-based paints. Not any specific brand, just in general. I am going as (first time) rainbowdrinker Kanaya and I really don't like the feel of oil-based makeup, any tips on sealing and adding makeup on top of water-based? Also, dark green or black lipstick?

>> No.6422914

>>6422899
Use black. It's a lot more difficult to screw up the shade of black than green.

>> No.6422924

>>6422899
I haven't used grey water based paints for homestuck before, but I've used red and green for Halloween costumes (witch and devil). I used kryolan Aquacolor, with Ben Nye Liquiset as the waterproofing mixing medium. It works pretty well, faster than creme to apply, it feels very lightweight too. Definitely use the waterproofing mixing medium though, it really, really works and it helps the paint apply more uniformly, otherwise it can be easy to get it looking streaky if applied with brush. It takes a little practice, figuring out how much liquid will get you the most opaque color, and how to get it looking non-streaky since going over painted areas again can lift the color a little bit. It is NOT intuitive and takes practice but I really liked it. The paint was vibrant and long-lasting, people would come up to me to try to rub the paint off and weren't able to.

>> No.6422927

>>6422825
I suggest getting a compatible Snazaroo sealing set. I never did it myself, but I shared a hotel room with a few cosplayers who used my Ben Nye seal with Snazaroo and it made the paint very thin and it flaked off really quickly :/ its a worthy investment, for sure!

>> No.6422941

>>6422924
Thank you! Although I live in Sweden, so finding (mainly) american brands tends to be a bit tricky, which was why I asked for more general advice. Do you have any guidelines on what to look for when buying "offbrand"? Also how long would it take to apply?

>> No.6422955
File: 694 KB, 900x1125, tumblr_mcb1nq73On1rb3teao1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

vomits

>> No.6422968

>>6422941
kryolan is german! You should definitely be able to purchase it in Sweden. The mixing medium could be either Ben Nye Liquiset or Graftobian Magic Set. Everything I am mentioning is theatrical makeup, it is all good quality. I would definitely try to stay within those brands if possible, but otherwise go to a THEATRE supply shop, any place that sells theatrical grade makeup. The stuff they sell there should all work. I believe all/most water activated cake makeup is called Aquacolor, it isnt a copyrighted term. I dont know about 'off-brand' mixing medium . . . to my knowledge there are just a few big theatrical cosmetics suppliers, if you bought theatrical mixing medium it would probably be Ben Nye, Kryolan or Graftobian. You couldnt make this mixing medium or use mixing medium meant for daily use, because it wouldnt have the waterproofing ingredients.

It took me 40 minutes to apply the first time because I'd never used it before. The second time I wore it, it took about 25 minutes to paint my face, neck, back, shoulders and arms. Give it 5 minutes to dry properly.

>> No.6422992

>>6422968
Thanks a bunch!
And I will now sound like a complete tool for being bad at english cosplay terminology: Mixing medium is what is used to turn something from solid form to a more or less liquid form for application, right?

>> No.6422998

>>6421228
this was the way i did my pants, only i'd recommend using RIT (royal blue) or that idye stuff. it wont touch the black at all, and it looks pretty damn neat.

>> No.6423001

>>6422992
mixing medium is a really broad term but you got the gist of it. It can be used with solids, powders, pre-existing cremes/liquids to make them into a liquid, creme, change the consistency, finish or application. There are different kinds of mixing mediums, some have more specialized purposes than others, like the waterproofing mixing medium (Liquiset).

>> No.6423007

>>6423001
I see!

Also if anyone can talk from experience and give any further cosplay makeup tips for Kanaya I'm all ears, I've cosplayed before but not anything so makeup dependent.

>> No.6423023
File: 346 KB, 900x600, lapirin as jane wow unfair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6423060
File: 120 KB, 637x960, jade cosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

sage for self-post

>> No.6423077

>>6423060
you look adorable! It's a simple outfit, but I think you pull it off well. My only crit would be maybe styling your wig a little bit, and posing. Also, your skirt looks a bit thin, so it might be better to swap for a thicker alternative if you're going somewhere cold.

>> No.6423082

>>6423077

hey thanks for the critique! i'll keep all of that in mind. do you have any suggestions for posing?

>> No.6423086

>>6423023

I want to think "OH YES." But for some reason I'm just like "No, no, no."

>> No.6423098

>>6423082
Not the same anon but I would say that right now it just sorta looks like you're standing there a bit "Lol I just found a gun what should I do with it".

I would say that you can look at canon pictures of Jade, also while posing in front of a mirror is a good idea it is not the same as doing it in front of a camera. Get a self timer and a tripod (or a friend) and just joke around, taking LOTS of pictures. Then analyze what looks good, what doesn't and why it looks that way. Is it the lightning? Is it the pose? Does your body look awkward?
Such things.

>> No.6423100

>>6423086
I think it's cuz the outfit isn't flattering to her body at all.
Even though she has a great body, that outfit isn't good for it.

>> No.6423116

>>6423098

the "lol i just found a gun what should i do with it" made me giggle. thanks for the advice, this was my first time ever even holding a gun and so i will definitely remember your suggestions.

>> No.6423124

>>6423116
Also looking at reference pictures of people holding rifles, action movie posters and such.

And as someone mentioned, getting a thicker skirt could be a good idea.

>> No.6423191

>>6422955

Synne is such a horrible designer. Seeing her absolute garbage wasting the time and efforts of skilled cosplayers is like torture to watch.

>> No.6423197

>>6423023

Meh. I like Lapirin's other cosplays much better. This one just doesn't really... fit her... both in terms of the shirt being a horrible fit around her belly and just not suiting the character.

>> No.6423217

>>6422955
>>6423191
Complexity is concurrent with quality. The more zippers and belts in a design, the better the design simply IS.

>> No.6423225

>>6423023
What the heck is going on with that background, did she download new brushes on photoshop and just had to try them on anything at hand?

>> No.6423228

>>6422955
I'll be honest, I like the top half of the one-piece, sans hood. Everything else is just... no thanks.

>> No.6423231

>>6423225
No, she said that the wall she posed in front of actually looked like that.

>> No.6423249

>>6423060
Your wig, shirt, and glasses are great, but your skirt is too thin! Either line it or get a new one made of a thicker material. Also, I'd recommend wearing (more?) eyeliner and false eyelashes so your eyes really pop behind the glasses. But yeah you're a super-cute Jade!

>> No.6423250
File: 44 KB, 500x500, lalonde.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6423255

>>6423249

i'm not going to wear false eyelashes because they're annoying to wear with glasses and make it hard to blink, but thanks

>> No.6423270
File: 436 KB, 1280x1707, oh nooo doc scratch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh noooo

>> No.6423297

>>6423255
I've heard a lot of people say this yet I've never had problems wearing false eyelashes with glasses. Maybe because my eyes are really deep-set? But anyway, in that case just mascara will do, and maybe wear a bit more eyeliner than normal.

>> No.6423304

I really want to climb a tree in my Aranea cosplay and take a picture of myself walking along the branch with my arms out.

I'm applying to host a Homestuck panel (an actual panel where we talk about the series, not shippy larp bullshit) and I want to wear my Aranea while I'm doing it. The trick is, I'm legally blind, my cateye glasses used to be cheap sunglasses so I can't get lenses put in them, and I can't find mesh contacts in prescription. Normally my boyfriend is my guide for walking around with mesh contacts, but I can't read anything with them in. Will anyone give me shit if I just forgo them for the panel?

>> No.6423332

>>6423304
Just wear ordinary contact lenses that fit your prescription. Seeing is more important, and people will understand.

>> No.6423385
File: 467 KB, 500x675, tumblr_mcd5nne6xd1qb7ukho1_r1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6422955

>"When she walks all the bells, coins, beads, chains, jingle ahah no really ideal for a rogue…But yeah she has a body piece like rose too that holds up her sign. Kinda plain but yeah…Oh yeah the blue on her arms and breast area is see through!"

Can someone just beat Synne over the head with a brick until she stops churning out this garbage? Almost every fancy design she draws is brainless, nonsensical trash with almost zero consideration for fabric, proportion, color, or design, and zero consideration of how it would translate to reality. It's just photoshop textures piled on top of one another and endless beads and chains. It's like she's trying to be the Amano of fancy designs, but the difference between Synne and Amano is that Amano knew what the fuck he was doing and made aesthetically pleasing illustrations. This is anything but.

I feel like Synne is so desperate to be loved and adored by the fandom's cosplayers she churns out designs without putting any thought into them whatsoever.

>> No.6423390

>>6423385

>kinda plain

It says a lot about Synne that she considers this one of her plainer designs. Jesus fucking christ, that's hideous.

>> No.6423394

>>6423385

God everything around the waist clashes so horribly. She's got blue toned purples right next to a blue-green to green fade, underneath yellow, holy shit. This actually hurts my eyes, not to even fucking mention how bad the silhouette is.

>> No.6423415
File: 121 KB, 334x765, a5b38ff206d3cfdce1bbc1013152ac59.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

On a whim I searched Taobao for Homestuck and found someone selling physical bootlegs of coloUrs and mayhem (tagged 'psychadelic electronic', hmm). There was also a Dave Strider costume.

>> No.6423413

>>6423385

even if you stripped away all the dumb unnecessary bullshit it would still look like trash because the blue and the browns don't match and the proportions of all the main pieces are shit. even Mookie can match colors, Synne is just sad.

are there ANY fanartists besides Rumminov who do fancy / alternate designs that actually look good as costumes?

>> No.6423420

>>6422394
Sorry for the late response, I've been crazy busy.
But this is the stuff I use and I've never had any weird problems with it: http://www.fxwarehouse.info/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FW&Product_Code=PNT3&amp
;Category_Code=ALLFSM
I was given another bottle of Pros-aide as replacement, but that stuff literally became gum after 15-30 minutes of wear even after powdering.

I'm curious, are you working on a sort of PAX 101 tutorial kind of thing? I feel like that would be something very useful.

>> No.6423421

>>6423413

Yeah. Say all you want about Mookie's J-pop trending, but she at least has a good eye for color.

>> No.6423428

>>6423385

God the design is so bad I didn't even notice how bad the anatomy is. All my WAT

>> No.6423447

>>6423297

I've had problems with normal-width lashes and glasses, but I've found that the ones that are half-width (that you only glue to the outer half of your lashes) aren't a problem. Just a thought for OP!

>> No.6423458
File: 706 KB, 800x1080, tumblr_mdeco7sNIv1qb7ukho1_r1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6423428

This. IMO, Synne is not only a bad designer, she's... actually not very good at art. Her anatomy is all over the place, her sense of line weight is AWFUL, and almost everything she draws is sameface. It's literally the same fucking face, over and over, with the exception of her Caliborn/Calliope art, since they have to be skulls.

I wouldn't be nearly as bothered by Synne's designs if she could actually draw well, which would indicate that she might be able to improve. But she has a LONG way to go in the technical side of art before she could ever be considered Rumminov-tier. Scrolling through Synne's art tag is just endless sameface, bizarre anatomy, and no variation in line weight or depth. Pic related- fucking terrible.

Synne is a prime example of how sucking up to people on Tumblr will make you popular and well-known in the HS fandom, even if you have no actual talent. There are plenty of far more talented artists out there who don't get nearly as many notes as Synne does because they don't spend their days kissing the ass of BNF artists and cosplayers.

>> No.6423461

>>6423458

Also: Pillow shading. SO MUCH GODDAMN PILLOW SHADING.

>> No.6423466

potato rose really craves attention doesnt she?
every other picture I see of her she's in some sort of stupid bathing suit or lingerie.

have fun believing those pictures wont come back to haunt you

>> No.6423469

>>6423461

What is pillow shading?

>> No.6423474

>>6423466

yeah... it's kind of sad. i've tried to kindly talk to her about it from the perspective of someone who was her age several years ago, but she isn't interested in accepting any kind of warning or advice. she's non-stop "IT'S MY BODY AND I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT LOL YOLO."

>> No.6423488
File: 9 KB, 618x281, pillowshaderedux.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6423469

It's a really amateur way of shading art where you put shadows around almost everything you're coloring, without thinking of a proper light source. This makes the thing that you're shading look puffy, hence the term 'pillow shading'. It's a mistake usually made by beginner artists. The fact that Synne still does it is pretty pathetic.

>> No.6423485

>>6423474
>LOL YOLO
...If I see this one more time, I'm going to walk out on the sidewalk and punch a kid in the face.

>> No.6423490

>>6423469
Simply put it's shading that doesn't make sense because there's no actual light source.Here's a simple DA image about it. It's easier to see than explain
http://nekkers.deviantart.com/art/Furc-Port-Tips-Pillow-Shading-267667160

>> No.6423503

>>6423413
i don't know specific artists, but i always liked those magical girl/puella magi designs from whatever that AU is. they translate well to actual costumes too, from what i've seen at cons. haven't seen any cosplayed yet, but i liked those .hackstuck designs that were talked about a few threads ago too.

what i'd really like to see are some good superhero-style designs. anyone seen anything like that?

>> No.6423509

>>6423503

There's a pretty good superhero John design floating around, but I didn't save it.

>> No.6423523
File: 269 KB, 500x675, tumblr_mbhofpBXtx1qb7ukho1_r2_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

WHY.

WHY?

>> No.6423546
File: 150 KB, 496x371, eyes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6423523

>> No.6423542

>>6423523
I feel physically ill just looking at this

>> No.6423559

>>6423466
why does everyone call her potato rose?

>> No.6423598
File: 1.83 MB, 1280x1600, tumblr_m8elkmJHRL1qb7ukho1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6423458
Look really closely at John's legs. REALLY closely. It's fucking octopus tier.

>> No.6423600
File: 446 KB, 700x875, tumblr_m9waltib2w1qb7ukho1_r1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why does Nep have two elbows on one of her arms?

To say NOTHING OF THAT DESIGN OH MY GOD IT HURTS

>> No.6423628

>>6423600
Out of all the designs, this one looks the most uncomfortable to wear. Just super restricting and riding up everywhere, not to mention awkward as fuck.

The fancy tier Dave she did doesn't even resemble Dave's God Tier outfit in the least, no borrowed elements except for one or two things.

Then again that goes for most of these.

>> No.6423643

>>6423598
I like how even the textures are phoned in.
It really IS all about the complexity of the design.

>> No.6423663

>>6423600
:33 < *throws up 50 hairballs*

>> No.6423684

>>6423060

Do you mind me asking where you got that rifle?

>> No.6423695

>>6423385
The thing I hate the most is she also takes nothing of the characters' personalities or tiers or aspects into account when making these. With Rumminov and even Mookie there's some consideration of what the original outfits look like and what the characters act like. With Synne it's just belts, beads, and chains, regardless of original outfit or character.
>>6423600
Seriously I made up shit like this in the fifth grade.

>> No.6423705

>>6423695
Synn's designs look like somethnig from a shitty online rpg you'd see advertising in 2007

>> No.6423777

>>6423684
it's not a rifle, it's just a beebee gun. i don't know what it's called or anything, since i was borrowing it. sorry!

>> No.6423793

Does anyone have any good sprite cosplays? Preferably not Davesprite

>> No.6423804
File: 41 KB, 458x825, Roxysnewoutfit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey, so I'm wanting to make Roxy's new dress (since I'm already making her rifle, so I might as well make her dress to match), and I'm thinking to have an underlying layer of the pink under it, and then cut ovals out appropriately. Do you think this would look bad in practice, because I'm trying to figure out how to make this dress and I don't want to try and knit it or anything, because knitting, sadly, is out of my skill set.

>> No.6423809
File: 174 KB, 740x493, tumblr_mdnrdj3oT21r31mp9o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is a cute Karkat but 1) it has pointy horns 2) it was tagged 'Gamzee Makara'

>> No.6423980

>>6423793
Seconding this request! I'd really like to see some Jaspersprite cosplays, since I'm planning on cosplaying him sometime soon.

>> No.6424003

Hey HSG, I'm planning on doing Meenah in the future and the only thing I'm kinda stuck on is the wig. I've heard people use long wigs and then cut off everything but the hair needed for the long braids (which seems like a HUGE waste of money), and I've also seen others get a short wig and add the braids with yarn or extensions. I'm leaning towards getting a short wig and using extensions, but I'm having doubts for some reason.

Suggestions?

>> No.6424024

>>6424003
definitely do a short wig with extensions! it'd be really hard to get the proper thickness or length for the braids with actual wig hair anyway. i made my friend some braids for her meenah a while back using black yarn and i still haven't seen any i liked better than those. i just used an entire roll of black yarn, unraveled it all, split it halfway to make sure i'd have an equal amount for each braid, then measured out a length from the nape of the neck to about a foot behind her on the floor and cut out as many sections of that length as i could get with each half. i think i had like 23 on each side, so i braided them as three bunches of seven and it came out looking great.

>> No.6424033
File: 1.02 MB, 900x760, sprites.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6423793

>> No.6424165

>>6423804

It's pink and purple beads, not cutouts.

>> No.6424174

>>6424024
Pics? Not OP but I'm curious to see what this looks like.

>> No.6424221

>>6424024
OP here

So use yarn, not wig extensions? Sorry, the way you worded it is a little confusing.

>> No.6424232
File: 260 KB, 500x350, tumblr_mdnuf1Arnl1qi1xubo1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i think that with the right work synn's stuff can actually look decents
i mean that Rose and kanaya looked pretty good

>> No.6424295
File: 288 KB, 1280x960, braids.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424174
pic is the only decent one i could find so it doesn't really show off the length of them, but they trailed behind her a good foot or two. it was just a tiny college convention and she doesn't cosplay normally so don't judge her too much for not bothering with troll paint/horns!
>>6424221
yep! sorry if that was confusing, it was kind of hard to describe. but yeah, everyone i've seen doing it with the wig extensions had the braids so thin that it was kind of pathetic looking. you'd need a separate bunch of extensions for each braid to get enough thickness and that would probably get expensive. if it were any other color of hair then you'd probably have to go for the extensions no matter what just because yarn would look terrible, but because it's black for meenah you can do yarn and it's hard to tell unless you're up close actually examining the braids.

>> No.6424312

>>6424295
Thanks! They look great in the pic too. And one last thing; do you think others would mind me ~not being canon~ and having the braids go down to my ankles instead of trailing on the floor? I'm afraid of others stepping on them and ruining them and/or yanking my wig off of my head...

>> No.6424324

>>6424295

I know your Meenah.

>> No.6424345

>>6424312
nah, that sounds fine to me. i had to carry my friend's for her everywhere so i know what you mean, and i can't imagine anyone getting upset when you've still got them going down to your ankles. most meenahs i've seen stop them at waist-length or so and it's always bugged me.
>>6424324
in real life, or...?

>> No.6424391 [DELETED] 
File: 28 KB, 320x320, 1334389135272.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

do you even satan?

>2012
>not even satan

http://www.joyofsatan . org/
http://www.angelfire . com/empire/serpentis666/Outsiders.html BUT I IS AN ATHIEST!?!?!?
http://www.angelfire . com/empire/serpentis666/Tree.html SATAN CREATED HUMANITY THROUGH GENETIC ENGINEERING
http://www.angelfire . com/empire/serpentis666/Incubus.html HAVE SEX WITH DEMONS

Don't miss out on this shit, you'll be mad if you do. ANCIENT ALIENS MOTHER FUCKER.

Also now join us on le Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/spiritualsatanism/

>> No.6424397

>>6423600
I hate to admit it, but I do like the use of the heart symbol. Everything else about this design is utter shit though.

>> No.6424423

>>6424345

Yes, though not particularly well. She mentioned that she'd cosplayed Meenah to that con offhandedly to me once, and that she was the only Meenah there.

>> No.6424434

no fuck this thread.
After that spit video ew.

>> No.6424442

>>6424434

99.9% of the Homestuck fandom is extremely embarassed of that. Sorry for the 0.01% that decides to be morons and make other cosplayers hate us.

>> No.6424470

>>6421326
Perfect haha

>> No.6424477

>>6424232
They look pretty good, not too fond of Dirk's mask completely but best I've seen so far

>> No.6424492

>>6423116
Also, trigger awareness! If you pose as if you're pointing the gun at a target, don't keep your finger on the trigger - keep it straight and lined up with the body of the gun.

This is only what I've garnered through cgl threads so someone please correct me if wrong.

>> No.6424516

>>6424492
Trigger Disciple

I'm sick atm, but if anyone'd like, I could throw together a quick picture collage on basic gun posing tomorrow?

>> No.6424581

>>6423466
Sorry to sound so out-of-the-loop, but who is potato rose?

>> No.6424585
File: 127 KB, 800x600, tumblr_mdng11t3UQ1qm0jgao4_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

cod-tier'a horns are the worst ever.

>> No.6424591

>>6423600
Ugh, I thought I was the only one who hated Synne's awful art and designs. I see people sucking up to her and complimenting her art like no tomorrow and I never understood why. Seeing the rest of you agree that she is terrible makes me feel so much better.

>> No.6424614
File: 125 KB, 720x960, tumblr_mdllixEvCA1rqryroo3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what the fuck

>> No.6424617

>>6424585
the kanaya one without the hook looks like a french fry
i like cod-tier though

>> No.6424618

>>6424585

Those look like shrivelled penises.

>> No.6424624
File: 24 KB, 640x349, the-little-mermaid-disney_ursula_lipstick_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424585

>> No.6424644

>>6424492

I hope I don't sound too ignorant, but I've always thought it made sense to actually have your finger on the trigger in that case? I mean, you want to look like you're about to shoot, don't you? I'm probably missing something (very little experience with guns) but I've always been a bit fuzzy on that.

>> No.6424681

>>6423385
Who is Amano?

>> No.6424700
File: 428 KB, 680x620, 20100604105949!Yoshitaka_Amano_Zidane_FFIX.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424681

Yoshitaka Amano. He's well-known to Final Fantasy fans as a longtime contributor to the series. He used to do character designs for the early games- after he stepped down he kept drawing for the series, and he would often create very elaborate, artistic versions of the characters. Lots of beautiful fabrics, extra details to their designs, etc. Basically what Fancystuck is to Homestuck, Amano has done for years for Final Fantasy. I used the "Synne is trying to be the Amano of Fancystuck" because Amano is known for his use of textured, patterned fabric and lots of beads. However, like I said, the big difference is that Amano actually knows what the fuck he's doing, whereas Synne just piles beads and textures on top of hideous designs.

Pic related- this is Amano's take on Zidane and Garnet from FF9.

>> No.6424701
File: 39 KB, 640x960, 46459_452188111483726_236828465_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

dat beading

>> No.6424707

>>6424681
This question just depressed the fuck out of me... Really?

>> No.6424708

>>6424700
Thanks. It looks indeed really great.

>> No.6424730

>>6424701
why is it so hard for Roxys to realize she's wearing sneakers, not heels?

>> No.6424729

>>6424701
Looks bad, unsurprisingly.

But ugh
>Cheap thigh highs
>Lack of waist ornamentation
>Fingerless gloves
>wtf why is there a cat on her elbow?
>Heels when it's really obvious Roxy's practical and has only been depicted wearing sneakers

While I'm thinking of it, is the top part of Roxy's dress actually darker, or is it just Hussie's style trying to show depth?

>> No.6424740

This >>6424701 looks nothing like this >>6423804 . What the fuck?? It's like she didn't even try.

>> No.6424745

>>6424644
i don't know. the person who was helping me pose with their gun told me to put my finger on the trigger so i listened, i really dont know anything about firearms haha. so any help or explanations with gun posing would be awesome!

>> No.6424754
File: 50 KB, 640x480, tumblr_m584b0efo41r5ghj1o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6424756
File: 23 KB, 273x400, mfw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424754

>> No.6424761
File: 348 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_lqgya034Hh1qgb8xuo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424756

>> No.6424772

>>6424761

adult hairy bro in thigh highs is better than teenage female dirk crossplaying in short shorts

>> No.6424776

>>6424581
That would be a rather cruel nickname for tumblr user godtier-rose

>> No.6424784
File: 359 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_lqgya034Hh1qgb8xuo3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424772
if you say so

>> No.6424811

>>6424772
Depends on your taste.

And whether you like girls or boys or a touch of everything.

For me, whichever is the most attractive wins. Not necessarily whichever is the manliest. Some 19 year old with a decent camera is likely going to beat out a 30 year old with an old webcam.

>> No.6424827 [DELETED] 

oh snap those're some friends of mine

>> No.6424828

>>6424784
I never thought I'd say this, but this picture is terribly lacking in smuppets.

>> No.6424835

>>6424701
ugh, it just looks so cheap and lazy

>> No.6424878

>>6424701
The WIP pics actually looked better than the completed ones. I remember CGL being pleasantly surprised, and now we're all even more disappointed...

>> No.6424934
File: 1.30 MB, 2448x3264, 20121117_144543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hi!

>> No.6424937

>>6424934
You look pretty cute, but what's going on with your horns? Their shape is a little odd.

Your makeup could be better too -- maybe invest in red eyeshadow instead of liner, or red falsies, trimmed down.

Repaint the lines on your socks so they're not as messy and faded.

>> No.6424938

>>6424934
Woops, my mistake, you are wearing shadow. Just refresh it every now and then and you'll be golden. Good expression for Damara, too.

>> No.6424948
File: 1.17 MB, 2448x3264, 20121117_144532.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424938
it's not me, but I'm sure she'd appreciate the compliment!

>> No.6424955

>>6424948
The pose of this picture is way better than the one above. I like the outfit, it looks pretty well sewn.

>> No.6424966

>>6424784
>>6424761
So err... where could I find more of this totally ironic gentleman?

>> No.6425059

>>6424701
it's so inaccurate too, i'm laughing so hard

>> No.6425061
File: 478 KB, 1275x1920, oh no.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i'm legitimately upset over this roxy i think

>> No.6425076
File: 362 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_lqgya034Hh1qgb8xuo2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424966
http://motherfuckingjonbro.tumblr.com/

>> No.6425077
File: 274 KB, 480x360, firearm safety.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424492
>>6424644

You should keep your finger off the trigger unless your absolutely going to shoot, to assure that no one is in the area and just for safety reasons. Even when pointing at a target, something unexpected can happen.

This even goes for just holding it, it should be parallel with the gun above the trigger. Jane, Jake, Roxy, and even Eridan would know how to safely use guns so they won't misfire, so be sure to use poses to reflect that. Try looking up "gun poses" on Google or deviantArt to get some ideas.

If I made any mistakes, please correct me.

>> No.6425078
File: 765 KB, 715x957, tumblr_mbp0ffx6iG1qmroqyo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6424701
>>6424729
Looks like she's just reusing her shitty gloves from her shitty magicastuck costume. Why is getting regular black gloves so tough for Roxy cosplayers?

>> No.6425097

>>6424221
I tried making a Meenah wig with extensions and it was the worst thing I have ever failed at doing. Use yarn, you will save yourself so much trouble.

>> No.6425104

>>6425077
>Jane, Jake, Roxy, and even Eridan

Ahah, I like how you specifically didn't say Caliborn. It's canon Caliborn has no idea what he's doing with guns and holds his wrong because he has no clue, so trigger discipline would be OOC for him.

>> No.6425106
File: 28 KB, 640x480, tumblr_mdo7goB7Wz1qg66zgo4_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what the hell

>> No.6425108

>>6424772
You're a shitty human.

>> No.6425122

>>6425097
I saw someone using those braid rope things used on like curtains. You just need a way to attach them properly.

>> No.6425138

>>6424581
godtier-rose. She's generally a nice girl, but has a habit of taking risque pictures and posting them on Tumblr to try to garner attention. Any time someone says, "you're not really...old enough to be doing that," she responds exactly like >>6423474 says ("omg y im old enough im not 13!!! yolo ^_^!!!!") until someone (typically Tumblr staff) takes the pictures down. The only reason she got the nickname "Potato Rose" was because she does, in fact, have a potato face due to unfortunate constipation-face syndrome and a very strangely shaped head.

>> No.6425165

>>6425077
You're correct. A good shooter would never waste bullets on accidents or want to give away his location because of a missfire. If your finger is on the trigger even the slightest involutary reaction might cause you to pull it, no matter how experieced with a gun you are. Also, you never move your finger on the trigger unless you are absolutely ready to shoot what's in front of you (This is why Jakes aiming at Dirks with their fingers on the trigger is just the dumbest shit ever).
I was taught to shoot by a guy who works in the army, and this was the first lesson.

>> No.6425171

>>6424701
Those are the ugliest motherfucking shoes I've seen in HSG threads ever. Roxy would'n be caught dead in them even if she didn't canonically wear pink sneakers. Actually, anyone caught wearing them would probably get rightfully sawd in half by Kanaya.

>> No.6425596

>>6425078
satin why

>> No.6425614

>>6425061
i can see her real hair and what is even with that outfit

meenah's trident looks superb though

>> No.6425627

>>6425061
That's wrong in so many ways. Hooker platforms, organza mess as a dress, ripped at her crotch, wig hair actually arranged so her own hair shows, what are those scar-like spots all over her arms, terribly done and bad colour makeup, does she have sunburn on her cheeks, is that fraying underwear waistband on her neck, what the heck is with that pose is she balancing on her other leg or..

>> No.6425659

>>6425061
You mean that's not LSP?

>> No.6425721

What colour would you guys say the derse outfits are? I'm online shopping for fabric and all I'm finding are fuchsias and regal purples.

>> No.6425745

>>6424701
Is this that girl Minako or whatever?
I hate all of her cosplays

>> No.6425817
File: 11 KB, 186x284, theifofmind.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What kind of pants does a Theif wear? Are they leggings/tights, or some kind of pants?

Wondering because I plan on making a Theif of Mind cosplay (just for fun) and I don't know if I should make pants or just get some green tights.

>> No.6425823

>>6425817
Definitely sweats or pajamas since they billow at the knee

>> No.6425830

>>6425823
>sweats or pajamas
B-but then people in these threads will call me lazy

>> No.6425908

>>6423060
Hot damn your legs

>> No.6425910
File: 9 KB, 604x440, uh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6425817
I would sew it something like this (looks terrible because mouse), although I do think that if I were the one to design the costume I would have used tights + billowed (cargo maybe?) pants + the boots. Because fuck if I know how this one works.

>> No.6425915

>>6425910
Ok that looks even worse.

I am so sorry but I can't be assed.

Either way something to keep your skin from showing.

>> No.6425964
File: 22 KB, 511x116, derse colors.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6425721

>> No.6426076

>>6425964
>>6425721
kind of a left field suggestion but when i was shopping for mituna fabric i ran into some iridescent spandex, the base color being about the same as the moons/sleeve details with bluish-purple and pinkish-purple sheen. what if someone tried to deal with the limited color options/tendency for some flashes to affect color/differences in interpretation by doing shimmery multi-shades dreamers, maybe as a fancy interpretation? could be cool for outfits like nepeta's with the long skirt, or maybe i'm dumb as fuck, who knows. won't try it myself since i like clean ultra-canon dreamers, but just an idea.

>> No.6426082

>>6425721
If you can't find perfectly accurate colors like >>6425964, a warm purple usually works pretty well. Cooler purples will look way too dark and anything on the pinker side will make you blend in with Rumminov's fancy tiers.

>> No.6426114

>>6425910
>>6425915
I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

Since I can make the rest of the outfit just fine, I'll try to do that first and wear tights/leggings as pants, and then see how it turns out.

If they don't work, I'll come up with something

>> No.6426117

>>6426114
It's okay I'm not sure I do either.

>> No.6426185
File: 67 KB, 400x600, T11ov8XXRaXXXXXXXX_!!888045094-0-pix.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I become Homestuck-famous making ridiculous alt God Tier designs that are total cosplaybait? If Synne can do it, I feel I can.

>> No.6426203
File: 777 KB, 635x928, tumblr_m0s93rB69c1rqmpo7o1_r1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

those worm horns

that drag-queen contouring

that absolute absence of anything even vaguely canonical clotheswise

>> No.6426228

>>6426203
i'm pretty sure it was just for some meetup, it's a nice outfit that's vampire-themed so i dont actually think that's something worth shitting over?? it makes sense as a kanaya interpretation we've seen worse shit worn at actual cons

the horns definitely fucking suck i just dont know why hsg hates cod-tier this passionately, shes not that remarkable. is there drama?

>> No.6426254

>>6426228
>i just dont know why hsg hates cod-tier this passionately, shes not that remarkable.

From what I've seen around here, it's that she just makes no effort to improve her cosplay at all and ignores all criticism. I'm probably missing some other details, so please fill that in for me.

>> No.6426275

>>6426185
Complexity, complexity, complexity. Add frills and lace when you can, and add sheer, transparent fabrics when you can't. To distract from your horrid anatomy, add detailed backgrounds and phoned-in textures. And always remember to tag your artwork for maximum outreach.

>> No.6426327

>>6426185

doing it right: make constructable garments with lots of detail in recognizable color schemes and coherent sets

doing it fast: start with the popular characters, color and lace everywhere, make everything "sexy," draw reference pictures that make no sense, pick colors you can buy in joanns quilting section

>> No.6426344
File: 83 KB, 427x640, tumblr_mdoy5jZxlM1rbpwipo8_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6426570

>>6426203
Did she lose weight?

>> No.6426597

Anyone have a tutorial for Vriska's god tier hood?

A good one?

>> No.6426608

>>6426570
No she's wearing a corset, a baggier jacket, and has her hands positioned to push the jacket in at the waist.

>> No.6426627

>>6426597
http://homestuckcosplayforall.tumblr.com/post/24917868868/seer-hood-tutorial-also-modifiable-for-oth
er-god-tier

>> No.6426632

>>6426627
Thanks!
I hate to ask too many questions, but would fleece be a good material to make the hood out of? It would be comfy as heck but I'm not sure how it would look and I wouldn't want to spend money on it just to have it look bad.

>> No.6426674

>>6426228

/cgl/ hates her because she can't handle any form of critique, despite receiving a lot of it. she has all the means and resources and help to improve, but has a meltdown every time someone criticizes her and takes everything as a personal attack on her/her fatness/her NATURALLY FULL LIPS OMG GUYS THESE ARE MY REAL LIPS I DON'T DRAW THEM ON.

>> No.6426702

I just had a go at drawing an alt God Tier design (Seer of Blood Kankri, for the curious). It was absolutely shitty and hideous. This is harder than it looks.

>> No.6426731

>>6426702
Probably because you picked the shittiest god tier in all of existance

>> No.6426749

>>6423804
>>6424165

It's not beads or cut outs! It's a flapper style dress, because the dress, and Roxy herself, is based off of Roxy Hart from Chicago. So really, it's more of a stringy fringe that it looped up instead of left hanging. And don't forget to have plenty of loops so you don't look like them.

>>6424701

>> No.6426754

>>6426731

Prince? Bard? Page?

>> No.6426761

>>6426749

Honestly, I don't understand why people are being such purists about this dress. We don't really know WHAT it's supposed to look like exactly, there isn't One True Interpretation. I can see a lot of different methods working out well, if undertaken with the proper skill and care.

And how the hell do you figure Roxy is based off Roxie Hart? Does Hussie seem like a musical theater dude to you? And really, what do they have in common as characters at all?

>> No.6426769

>>6426754
fucking Seer of Blood

Kankri is a piece of shit anyways why do people like him?

>> No.6426780

>>6426769

No, I mean you think Seer looks worse than Prince, Bard, or Page?

>> No.6426785
File: 803 KB, 1280x1912, mg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6426786

>>6426769
Because sometimes people have different opinions on things holy shit.

>> No.6426788

>>6426780
I'm not a huge fan of the design, but it's more of the fucking colors of the god tier.

Brown and red a fucking sickening

>> No.6426813

>>6426761

>And how the hell do you figure Roxy is based off Roxie Hart? Does Hussie seem like a musical theater dude to you? And really, what do they have in common as characters at all?

I don't even have a response for that omg

>> No.6426835

>>6426813

What am I missing that's so obvious? Did Roxy have an affair with someone then shoot them while I wasn't looking?

>> No.6426842

>>6426749
I disagree. When I first saw it, I thought it looked like a knitted dress that was unraveling at the edges.

Also, I thought it was pretty much accepted that Roxy is a joke on at least two different Police songs? What exactly does she have to do with the character from Chicago?

>> No.6426853

>>6426835
I meant like artistically, and just... Yeah okay.

>> No.6426865

>>6426786
Kankri designer anon here. I find Kankri funny because I know someone online who is just like him, so for me Kankri lets me have a good old cathartic hate at them. I don't LIKE him like him because he is a one-dimensional joke character and a boring prick.

However, I thought it would be fun to do a God Tier design for him due to the Jesus imagery associated with him - Seer, prophet, etc. So I looked up a lot of medieval Christian iconography and tried to make something inspired by that, but instead he just ended up wearing pajamas, a skirt and a kind of hooded poncho because I suck at designing.

>> No.6426934
File: 74 KB, 427x640, tumblr_mdoxwxnOCJ1rbpwipo10_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bumping with content from yesterday at Chibi-Pa.

>> No.6426939
File: 67 KB, 427x640, tumblr_mdoxwxnOCJ1rbpwipo2_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6426940
File: 74 KB, 427x640, tumblr_mdoxz3viEV1rbpwipo9_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

John just looks so fucking confused here.

>> No.6426944
File: 77 KB, 640x427, tumblr_mdoy9d2rXr1rbpwipo7_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This Terezi's glasses actually broke halfway through the con. Shit sucked.

>> No.6426950
File: 68 KB, 427x640, tumblr_mdoy9d2rXr1rbpwipo10_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

More of that Nepeta, with added Meulin.

>> No.6426952
File: 68 KB, 427x640, tumblr_mdoy1mME8h1rbpwipo8_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6426954

>>6426944
If by 'shit sucked' you mean the shape of her glasses, you're right

>> No.6426955
File: 101 KB, 640x427, tumblr_mdoxwxnOCJ1rbpwipo4_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Lowbloods.

>> No.6426957
File: 94 KB, 640x427, tumblr_mdoxwxnOCJ1rbpwipo5_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6426955
Highbloods.

>> No.6426967
File: 89 KB, 640x427, tumblr_mdoy9d2rXr1rbpwipo5_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6426972
File: 279 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_mdp8i88I8m1r4pgm4o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The Damara in the back of this picture makes everything great.

>> No.6426975
File: 60 KB, 427x640, tumblr_mdoxu4ta9S1rbpwipo7_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6426980
File: 35 KB, 250x375, tumblr_mdoy5jZxlM1rbpwipo1_250.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Apologies for the small res.

>> No.6426990
File: 631 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_mdpcgh6Lau1rtqhn7o3_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Snapshot of the panel. No idea what Karkat was doing at this point.

>> No.6426999
File: 230 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_mdngdbJmMu1rtqhn7o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ending for now with prescratch trolls and bonus Feferi hand.

>> No.6427011

>>6426865
Try sketching something closer to the Signless's getup maybe? Hooded cloaks that don't pinch in at the neck and things like that.

>> No.6427020
File: 130 KB, 263x413, tumblr_mdpnxi43S41r7mc2eo2_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6427031

>>6427020
Ew...

>> No.6427043

>>6427031
you're just mad you couldn't handle that much woman

>> No.6427041
File: 546 KB, 1280x1920, MyStyle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6427047

>>6427041
Shit forgot to say thats shadocon. Just ended pretty much.

>> No.6427065

>>6427047
Anymore Shado pics?

>> No.6427099

>>6427043
No, I'm disgusted by how ugly her dress is.

That, and the fact that she either made the worst Terezi horns ever or she's female Karkat.

I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings by insulting your selfpost?

>> No.6427159
File: 209 KB, 800x534, wow good.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6427163
File: 2.90 MB, 3264x2448, 20121117_144634.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6426999
ugh, i didnt check the quality, i was uploading form my phone.

this should be a little better.

>> No.6427166

>>6426990
Shitty LARP Q&A aside it was a nice little panel. My inner shipper really loved a lot of the interactions between Tavros and Vriska. It might have helped that they were actually not that bad, too.

>> No.6427183

>>6427159
Please tell me why the file is named as such.

>> No.6427186
File: 2.85 MB, 2448x3264, 20121117_144125.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427166
some retarded little girl sitting next to me had the gut to say 'karkat, me, fucking right now' in front of 100 people. what the fuck?

>> No.6427188

>>6427163
3 meenahs and theyre all wearing weird crop tops

>> No.6427211
File: 2.67 MB, 2448x3264, 20121117_152056.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427188
meenah kind of has a boring outfit, so i say have fun with it? no problem.

who is the character on the left i wish i knew

>> No.6427217

>>6427186
Chibipa is a con that is overpopulated by weeaboos and 12 year olds. You're bound to wind up with one fucktard that ruins it for everyone.

>> No.6427218
File: 1.89 MB, 2448x3264, 20121117_144430.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427211

>> No.6427226
File: 2.09 MB, 2448x3264, 20121117_144415.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427217
its never happened at any of our other cons it was really terrible B(

she was smiling and giggling like a retard the entire time after you're not a troll you're just a fucktard, not to mention there were younglings in the room

>> No.6427224

Which characters do you think have the most and least chill cosplayers?

>> No.6427230
File: 2.36 MB, 2448x3264, 20121117_154005.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427224

>> No.6427243

>>6427226
iirc, the Feferi yelled at everyone about being shitheads every 3 seconds.

>> No.6427258
File: 440 KB, 1280x960, shado.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6427285

>>6426944
i actually kinda like how terezi isnt fully looking at nepeta because y'know shes blind and to me a lot of cosplayers forget that in photos

>> No.6427308

>>6427224
Least chill: Karkat, Eridan, Terezi, Roxy, crossplaying Dirks/Jakes/Johns/Daves
Most chill: Characters with costumes that take effort (eg, Handmaid, Darkleer, Condesce, Summoner, carapaces) because the patience that the cosplays require attract more mature cosplayers.

>>6427258
Roxy's gun isn't the best, but it's a fair effort, and I approve of and want her boots.

>> No.6427311

>>6427285
It's a nice touch, but I also don't mind it if a Terezi cosplayer is looking at another character in a photo.

She wasn't born blind, and she's certainly not deaf, so I don't think it's out of character for her to turn or look at another character.

>> No.6427327

>>6427041
Apart from the skinny jeans I really, really like this Karkat

>> No.6427335

>>6427163
Oh great, THREE Hot Topic Meenahs.

>>6427258
Who is that Sollux? I like their wig and glasses.

>> No.6427386
File: 164 KB, 250x377, tumblr_mdpqxrcoRj1qi1xubo1_r1_250.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6427393

>>6427224
Kanaya, Rose, and Guardians for the most
Striders and Gamzees for the least

>> No.6427414

>>6427308
Don't forget the Vriskas - they're not very chill either, considering most just chuck on glasses with the lenses removed, a t-shirt, maybe a grey jacket, jeans, and red shoes.

>> No.6427439

>>6427414
But what does that have to do with them being chill? What about God Tier/Pajama Vriska cosplayers?

>> No.6427498
File: 216 KB, 600x1024, tumblr_mdpq73TF3y1qbjtjgo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6427527

>>6423270
did he even look at himself in the mirror and think 'yes this looks good';
nice vest though

>> No.6427532

>>6423415
lol send the links to andrews girlfriend
i want to watch her threaten someone in another language

>> No.6427537

>>6423598
oh shit john why
so he's hooking the top of his leg over the other one?

>> No.6427540

>>6427498

Normally I love her stuff but those tights are so not even the right color

>> No.6427541

>>6427498
Does anyone have the link for this dress? I know it's on Taobao, I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

>> No.6427548

Has anyone dared to make an accurate (color-flashy) Lord English coat yet?

>> No.6427558

>>6427541
That particular cosplayer made hers.

But the link is
>http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14323380450
And currently they're sold out of Larges and don't have a restock date as of yet, fyi

>> No.6427589
File: 186 KB, 1280x1707, tumblr_mdo6k301VB1rwkhd6o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh shit

>> No.6427608

>>6427498

I wish the skirt had more... poof? to it. But her construction is beautiful as usual.

>> No.6427609
File: 69 KB, 500x500, tumblr_mdpojcNjkS1r3j3nio1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427548
someone at katsucon had a light up LE coat
i dont have a picture of them sadly...

also this is all over my dash, not loving the wig even if everyone is praising it

>> No.6427612

>>6427589

Thank you, cosplayers, for continuing to prove just how ugly Synne's designs are both in art form and in real life.

>> No.6427659

>>6427589
Jesus christ that looks awful.

>> No.6427663

>>6427609
Oh I was going to post that for the same reasons.

It's nice that it's actually styled, but the way it is just doesn't really work with what we know about Cronus & the way he's been sprited?

>> No.6427737

>>6427558
I am soooooo tempted to buy this dress. Not even just for cosplay (I don't know if I'd be suited to Porrim, I'm pretty short and I usually see her being portrayed as tall), but, just to wear in general. I don't know if it would be worth it with the shipping price, though (I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to taobao, not gonna lie...)

>> No.6427743

>>6426570
Everyone in this fandom should lose weight.

>> No.6427756

>>6427737
Man, all of my favorite characters are either male, usually portrayed as tall, or both, and I'm a really unimposing woman. It sucks.

>> No.6427765

>>6427737
Depending on your agent, it'd be anywhere from 100-130 after shipping/fees depending on which type of shipping you go with as the dress itself is a little less than $80 and most agents pack densely but not so much that the items would be damaged.

>> No.6427771

http://youtu.be/zYSbEZsxtqk
http://youtu.be/ZSeCnJgdK_0

AUSA panel videos are out. What does everyone think?

>> No.6427789

Is this autosaging?

>> No.6427793
File: 251 KB, 604x558, 1314218055637.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Theres a /cgl/ homestuck general???

Oh my fucking god.

>> No.6427803

>>6427771

0/16 dudes in the ask panel. incredible.

>> No.6427806
File: 349 KB, 500x667, tumblr_mdlrohGkdN1r0vn0po1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427663
i dont think there is ever going to be a good cronus wig

>> No.6427827

>>6427803
a.) who gives a fuck
b.) mohawkdandy and boxed-hobo are both guys
c.) most guy cosplayers are terrible so i dont know why you're surprised that there werent many

>> No.6427841

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4HrS9zc4UU
Why has no one seen this hot mess yet?
I stumbled upon this and that Kurloz honestly made me jump a little.

>> No.6427846

>>6427841
>Why has no one seen this hot mess yet?
its posted in every thread

>> No.6427847

>>6427827

bam sexism

>> No.6427853

>>6427847
just speaking from experience. a lot of guys seem unwilling to learn how to sew.

>> No.6427858

>>6427803
Fill your bag o'dicks elsewhere. Like with all the cis males that bring their girlfriends to cons and only cosplay for pussy.

>> No.6427885

>>6427858
I am a cis male who cosplays and doesnt do it to for sex.

>> No.6427909

>>6427885
Good for you. Where would you like your gold medal mailed to?

>> No.6427914
File: 1.03 MB, 808x536, thing2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6427977

http://semeterezi.tumblr.com/post/36052682450/bad-dog

oh god why is this even tagged

>> No.6427978
File: 126 KB, 500x375, ew.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

"Me and my Dave after the panel oops. She is actually my girlfriend ^^"

thats great heres your nobel peace prize

>> No.6428013

>>6427827
There are too many fucking fakebois on tumblr.

>> No.6428053

>>6427977

"i sat on the floor for two hours drinking water and punching myself in the bladder so i could get it done before scri’s parents get home"

Holy shit, this isn't even her house? If I found out some dumb friend of my my kid's filmed a fetish video of themselves in my dining room and uploaded it to the internet...

That is so incredibly immature and selfish. Jesus.

>> No.6428054

>>6427977
I'm gonna vom. Why the fuck would you ever put that up? Jesus.

>> No.6428092

>>6428053

...Not to mention the simpler horror of finding our said kid peed all over my floor.

>> No.6428116

>>6427977
do we really need this shit cluttering the thread yet again

let the fetishist attention whores post their bullshit and not make anyone normal look at it

>> No.6428124

>>6428116
meaning dont post it here, sorry, its definitely fucking annoying to have it show up in tags

>> No.6428142

I liked the panels from aUSA, actually. They were a joy to attend and I can't wait for the monologues.

>> No.6428206
File: 37 KB, 1035x699, 1333172276240.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427914
...what is going on here

gaijin4koma? i didnt see them doing it when i was there lol

>> No.6428518

>>6427827
>implying those two are boys

hahahahahahahahaha
this transboi trend really needs to fucking die

>> No.6428626

>>6428518
anon, take a deep breath, and let it go. there's no reason to be an asshole; if they're dudes, they're dudes. what do you even care? I'm sorry there's not enough ~real guys~ in this fandom to throw yourself at like an idiot.

>> No.6428630

>>6427308
I don't know, a lot of Eridans seem to be pretty chill. His outfit is the most complex of the beta trolls so it scares away a lot of the lazy cosplayers. March Eridan, on the other hand...

>> No.6428639

>>6428630
to be fair, a lot of lazy people attempt Eridan anyways and fail spectacularly. But I don't think I've ever met a not-chill Eridan.

>> No.6428640

>>6427609
That wig is atrocious. An attempt was made at least but it looks so so terrible.

>> No.6428648

>>6427914
Are they a midget? Holy shit.

>> No.6428652

>>6428626
get the fuck out tumblr and take your shitty social justice with you. This is just as bad as the "teehee im bisexual but ewww i dont wanna kiss girls~~~~~" trend that happened years ago.
fuck off and die.

>> No.6428669

>>6428652
I'm just wondering why you have a stick up your ass about it because as far as I know, the amount it affects you is 0%.

>> No.6428671

>>6428652

Seriously, tumblr and the attention whoring fakeboi yaoi-Bishi bullshit of girls who act and dress and date like girls but claim they're "Really" men for the social justice brownie points and fangirl fame have gotten really fuckibg old. I feel really bad for actual trans dudes who are just trying to pass and do their thing for having their identity turned into a sideshow. It's extra retarded in Homestuck where they're all somehow coincidentally named "Dave"

>> No.6428672

>>6428652
Like everyone on this thread doesn't have a tumblr.

>> No.6428674
File: 854 KB, 1280x1707, tumblr_mdq4g29Ubq1r0q4c5o8_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6428652
Yo! Stop being a dick, and let it go, dude. You've expressed your opinion, well done, we get that you don't like transdudes, now please stop clogging up the board and post more cosplay, please.

Here, have more of that really cute Spidermom and baby!Vriska.

>> No.6428682
File: 298 KB, 800x531, s-a6i3-openbound-part-2-october-20-2012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6428671
Listen close anon. If you don't like someone, you can--wait for it--unfollow them.

Have some cute cosplay to make up for stupidity.

>> No.6428699

>>6428652
>>6428671

But then the way you treat those few extends to all transguys because you don't know how to be respectful to everyone to save making someone who actually does feel that way feel like shit.

Seriously, every time this subject comes up, you're all tripping over yourselves to prove who is a boy, who isn't, and then bitch about all that 'fakeboi' nonsense just because someone doesn't look manly enough for your taste, or doesn't want to be labeled as 'that one transdude' and tries to avoid having to come out as FtM.

It fucking sucks to be constantly terrified of these threads because I don't want to be torn to pieces because my entire identity is treated like some joke just because a few people misusing it pissed off a bunch of judgmental assholes.

For the love of it all, can this stop being an issue? If you don't care for someone's identity, keep it to yourself. You're just going to hurt those who actually identify as the other gender and aren't doing it for attention. Because newsflash, they're going to be the ones who actually care.

>> No.6428708

>>6428672
you can have a tumblr and not be retarded.

>> No.6428714
File: 297 KB, 667x1000, tumblr_m1pgw1m6pv1qkq1cqo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6428708
Too bad a lot of people who have Tumblr are more or less retarded. I swear, that place is probably worse than deviantART nowadays...

>> No.6428716

>>6428699
you can't deny that it's a trend though. and a piece of shit thing to pick as a trend.

>> No.6428740
File: 350 KB, 500x508, tumblr_md5aerRFOq1rgpvc3o1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6428699
To be honest, I've started to have a hard time taking trans* people seriously because of all those kids going around on Tumblr all "teehee look at me i'm a real boy and here's me doing hot yaois with my boyfriend who is a real boy too btw XD". Hopefully the stupid and young ones grow out of it in a couple years, like they did with the bisexual trend a few years back.

>> No.6428744

>>6428716
I can't, and I won't. I personally know someone who has flat out told me "I want to be a guy because male cosplayers are more popular" and that was their whole reasoning.

But the way you treat everyone who is unfortunate enough to be out and trying to be themselves during this all is awful. Like I said, only those who really do identify will be the ones who will actually be upset by it all. I'm just saying, let it be, because you don't know who really does identify as male, and who's doing it for the attention. That's not your place to say, and you're going to end up hurting those who really do have to deal with the dysphoria and self-loathing because surprise surprise, you got fucked up and everyone's judging you for it.

>> No.6428745
File: 61 KB, 500x486, tumblr_mdpmlrmIyN1rp9esco1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6428716
It is a trend, no one's denying that- but what >>6428699 is trying to say is that the people it's the worst for are the genuine trans individuals. While the fakebois are annoying, what really hurts the most is having others (ahem, >>6428518 ) point at actual transguys and accuse them of being fakebois as well.

The thing is, though- that it's really not anyone's fucking business, and has extremely little impact on cosplay.

So, post more pics now, y/y?

>> No.6428755

>>6428740
I actually find that most who claim they're bio dudes are being serious. Personally, I don't want people knowing I'm trans, you get treated differently afterwards. "We don't like rooming with guys, but we don't mind rooming with you anon, because you're a transguy, not a real one." and similar bullshit. If people ask if I'm trans, I'm not obligated to tell them shit because it's MY business.

Gonna start saging my spouting on shit because it's unrelated and I don't really have cosplay pictures to post.

Sorry to everyone else.

>> No.6428760

Condy's with heels, yes or no? I know the sprite wears flats but I can't help loving cosplayers with heels you could crush somebody's windpipe with.

>> No.6428765
File: 2.13 MB, 3000x4000, 102_5686.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6428674

I literally want to be this family when I grow up. They also did Roxy and Jake with their baby as Jaxy at the same con.

>> No.6428769

>>6428760
I like the height and intimidation power they can give who's being her.

Though a tiny Condesce being all mean and scary would be pretty great too.

In other words, I don't see why not.

>> No.6428783
File: 368 KB, 1280x1707, tumblr_mdq5hqEWV61r0q4c5o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6427771
Hey- so it seems there's been a heck of a lot of discussion about casting choices, and very little discussed about the actual panel contents in and of themselves (the exception being the couple of people who have expressed a distaste for 'LARPing bullshit').

Does anybody have any actual critique on the panels? I'd love to hear any feedback you guys have, particularly on the Enter Command panel.

>> No.6428808

>>6428783

The Enter Command panel was really fantastic. I enjoyed the writing and the unique idea. I also enjoyed the fact that your cast kept going under pressure (ex: Vriska's horn debacle). Really all I would say is I'd love to see a full cast. I was really sad there wasn't a Terezi, though I heard you had some complications with your panelist or something.

>> No.6428838

>>6428808
Thank you!

We tried for a full cast, but it was quite hard to pin down everyone's schedules when we didn't know when the panel was actually going to be (AUSA chose to wait until several days before the convention before telling the panelists when the actual panel times would be). My Terezi, Eridan, and Roxy ended up not being able to make the Friday afternoon slot- although I must say, this was really a shortcoming on my part. In future, I will be sure to 1) make sure that whomsoever I cast has full flexibility, and 2) will only put in for one particular date when I submit for a panel, which should cut down on the 'Well, I can do the panel, but only if it's on Saturday...' sort of complications.

>> No.6428842

>>6428671
It's obvious you don't even know the people in question.

>> No.6428883

I'd like to cosplay the Lalondes, but I have a bit of a dilemma. See, I already have a few wig choices for Roxy, but I don't really know which shade of blonde would look less terrible with my skintone. So I was wondering if it might be okay to ask for your opinion? Or would there be a more suitable thread elsewhere?

>> No.6428898

>>6428883
I would say get a wig sample thingie colour ring. It doesn't have to be from a specific store but just to look at and deem what colours look good with your skin.

>> No.6428899

>>6428883

Post pics.

Homestuck should as a rule stay in HSG to avoid enraging other seagulls

>> No.6428939
File: 515 KB, 624x438, Ihaveunflatteringhaircuts.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6428899
That's what I figured.

And these are some of the options: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160637188428

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150643637525

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150889577442

>> No.6429020
File: 406 KB, 1280x960, tumblr_mdquiu6woJ1qfdx06o1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6429023
File: 147 KB, 500x667, tumblr_mdpl7xwx731r3r8ggo8_r1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6429166

>>6426999
and not a single covered midriff amongst the meenahs :(((((

>> No.6429176

>>6427327
What's wrong with Karkat wearing skinny jeans? If it was women's skinnies I'd agree with you, but he's a surly teenager, and that's what surly teenagers wear. It also matches Sufferer's leggings.

>> No.6429186

autosaging, guys.

>> No.6429200

>>6428760
I'm going for pumps because a) I love heels and b) they help achieve longer legs.

And out of all the characters in HS who aren't already portrayed with heels, she's the most likely to wear them.

>> No.6429207

>>6429176
Because he doesnt wear skinny jeans. Dont let your mind and fanwork pollute what is actually canon.

Despite this, I believe skinny jeans can work on GUYS and noncurvy females (which is few) cosplaying karkat. I dislike seeing womanly curves that skinny jeans help accentuate.

>damn look at the ass on that Karkat!

>> No.6429218

>>6428939
Okay, don't go for the third for sure. That is one of the ugliest shades of blonde yet almost every cosplayer goes to it immediately.

Out of the three you've picked, I'd go with the first. So long as you use foundation to even out your skin tone, it'll look just fine~

>> No.6429229

>>6429218
Alrighty, thanks!

>> No.6429240

new thread:

>>6429239

>> No.6429266

>>6428765
That is so precious.