[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 222 KB, 410x317, NERD_RAVE_410x0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6367750 No.6367750[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm bored. So I combined my two favorite things into a guide for you :3 You guys are welcome to hate on it all you want, because honestly I really just don't a single fuck what you think :333

BOMBCAT'S GUIDE TO DRESSING FOR A CON "RAVE"
The majority of cons around my area have a "rave". Honestly its just an electronic show with sub-par dj's [with the exception being ACen of course], and every con I see soooo many hit or miss outfits for the edm festivities. It has recently occured to me that for the majority of con goers, a con rave will most likely be the only edm show that they attend. With that in mind it would make me soooo fucking happy to see you all dressing up appropriately. So here is my point of view guide on how you should dress at a con rave... ENJOY <3 or dont. idgaf which.

>> No.6367782
File: 98 KB, 700x700, il_fullxfull.136734341.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6367750
MMMKAY FIRST OFF: FLUFFIES

EVERY BITCH AND HER FUCKING MAMA WEARS THIS SHIT.
Fluffies are little furry leg warmers held up by elastic that you wear over your shoes. They were originally intended to keep your calf muscles warm while you dance the night away ptherefore preventing muscle cramps and lactic acid build up] now however they have become the staple to every biches rave outfit and a tumblr obsession.
You can get them in a variety of colors and patterns, from glitter to LED lighting.
You can order them online, most coming from the UK. raveready.com contagiousclubwear.com funkyclubwear.com all come to mind but are not the best quality. God tier [and most expensive] is the original fluffy makes Vinyl Dolls vinyldolls.net. You can also get really cheap ones off of ebay for a one or two show usage. Currently at the cons in my area you can buy fluffies at one of the vending booths. However, these fluffies run very large.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE A SKINNY BITCH LIKE ME RE-SIZING FLUFFIES IS FUCKING EASY. just cut a little triangle into the fur at the top to resize and then sew. Making fluffies is really easy, but high quality fur is pretty damn expensive and any fur over 3inches runs the risk of getting jammmed into your sewing machine.

TAKING CARE OF YOUR FLUFFIES: DONT FUCKING THROW THEM IN THE WASHER OR DRYER YOU DUMB ASS. :3 i keed. sorta. But seriously don't fucking wash them like normal clothes. you can find a guide on how to wash your fluffies under the frequently asked questions section of fuckyeahfluffies.tumblr.com

Bitches love fluffies. [pic related my new fluffies <333]

>> No.6367805
File: 150 KB, 1024x768, pants.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6367750
PUTS SOME PANTS ON

>> No.6367810

I don't know what to dress like to be honest. I was a raver back in the mid-2000's and wore some my kandi to the last con "rave" I went to.

Needsless to say, I felt out of place.

>> No.6367819

>>6367810
Yep.
PLUR and the way of the Kandi Kid has all but disappeared...
Shit..
I remember when you found out about raves by going to the record shop and literally getting a map and a telephone number to call from the clerk... god I feel old

>> No.6367821
File: 80 KB, 690x518, 92920111212125316630.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

SECOND OFF: MOTHER FUCKING KANDI CHYEAAHHHH

Kandi are bracelets made out of pony beads that are meant to be traded by kandi kids. [fuckign go to urban dictionary if you dont knwo what a kandi kid is i dont have time to explain it]. Each bracelet is made with love and that moment you trade with someone is a unique bonding experience for each of you :3

HOW TO PROPERLY TRADE KANDI:
both of you hold up your trade arm. Then you make peace signs with your hands and then touch finger tips. Then you make half hearts with each of your hands with your thumbs touching. Then you embrace eachothers hands and then slide the bracelets over your wrist. You just demonstrated PLURR the raver's credo. [some say plur. I personally believe in peace [P], love [L], unity [U], respect [R], and responsibility [R]. This is the motto in which ravers live their life by. Its a beautiful way of life that has given me a shit ton of happiness. But enough about plurr,

MOTHER FUCKING KANDI CONTINUED. you can have kandi FUCKING ANYTHING, from bracelets to a GOD DAMN KANDI BRA NIGGGAAA

seriously, buy a shit ton of pony beads and just go fucking wild. Although pro tip, if they start bothering your arm DO NOT JUST START RIPPING THEM OFF. i did that a few years ago and i seriously regret it. 3 years worth of trading down the drain.

Walmart is the best place to buy pony beads imo because they're the cheapest in my area. They also have this box set beading loom thing that makes making cuffs fucking easy. kandipatterns.com has a lot of really neat patterns.

>> No.6367822

>>6367819

Seriously, I was telling some kids I work with about calling a number to get a location, then driving to the location to get directions to another location.

The underground scene is completely dead apparently. All these "ravers" now a days know about are massives.

>> No.6367825

>>6367819
PLURR IS SO NOT FUCKING DEAD DUDE. i'm a huge stl raver and we still rock the kandi mang!!!! A girl literally just this week made me a cheshire cat kandi mask. I felt soooo love.

Although I'm not gonna lie the scene here really has gone to shit. Like I went to the biggest party of the year [booty halloween] and had to literally teach every single person I traded kandi with teh hand motions, and i tought a shit ton of people about plurr.

but it doesnt fucking matter to me because the more people I teach the more its spread. I was learned by my step brother who was a late 90's early 2000s raver so i feel as if its my duty to pass the message along <33

>> No.6367831
File: 48 KB, 750x750, glow-stick-robot-costume_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

THIRD OFF:
DONT FUCKING WEAR HEELS YOU DUMB ASS

you are here to dance your ass off, keep your stiletto's at home.

My friends and I have turned watchign the young girls thriller walk out of the show hold their heels in hand into a drinking game. Needless to say we rarely make it back to the hotel room.

FOURTH OFF:
GLOWSTICKS FOR EVERYONEEEEEE
that includes flow toys and hoops. THE MORE LED AND GLOW SHIT YOU HAVE THE COOLER YOU ARE. no seirously. This is the ONLY TIME this rule applies. SO LOAD THE FUCK UP AND SHARE YOUR WEALTH MANG. however don't be that fucking idiot that breaks theirs open and flings it around everywhere. That shti burns when it gets in your eyes AND IS MOST DEFINITELY TOXIC

so yeahhh... glow shit The closer to TRON you can get the better, ya dig?

>> No.6367833

there aren't a lot of kandi kids in st louis? i kinda expected the opposite, i'm in the nashville area and we have shit tons of kandi kids

>> No.6367842

>>6367822
FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS!

There are a few underground events where I live, but lately there has been an infiltration of frat and new-wave teeny-boppers (everyday I'm shuffling type)

>>6367825
PLUR is pretty dead. Trust me, you where not around when it was alive. What you have now is a bunch of teens and people in their early 20's who think they know what it was like back in the glory days. It saddens me seeing high schoolers running around in fluffies, fish nets, thongs and bras ODing on all sorts of drugs...

>> No.6367845
File: 46 KB, 432x600, ufo_contraststitch_graver_gray.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

FIFTH: FOR THE DICKS
I know you think you're pretty much shit out of luck when it comes to finding things to wear, but honestly you're not.

HERE IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND THE UFO PANTS
although honestly i havent really seen them at a rave in a long ass while they're starting to come back a little bit. look up brands like kikwear and UFO to get the highest quality. They're awesome for holding all shit like water bottles and your wallet. Plus they honestly don't get too too hot and they give your junk room to swing and breath, unlike faggot ass skinny jeans.
To the old heads out there: KEEP HOPE THEY'RE NOT EXTINCT YET!!!

>> No.6367849

>>6367833
im from stl. there's tons of kandi kids here but the ones i've met either don't know plurr or have some weird idea of it.

>> No.6367856

I think if this thread keeps on like this it's gonna need to become a sticky.

>> No.6367859

>>6367822
we have a thing called the internet now. and most underground places have a nice little facebook page

>> No.6367863
File: 32 KB, 500x291, oT2kW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pictured:
How guys used to dress.
God I'm getting nostalgic
(This is an old picture of Deadmau5 from back in the day)

>> No.6367866

>>6367842

I assume thats what the scene is like now. Last rave I went to (SoCal) was EDC in 07. While that was a massive, I remember thinking that was huge and the scene had officially crossed over.

Little did I know....

>> No.6367868

>>6367845
i wore ufo's to my last event!! mostly because the venue didn't allow backpacks. pockets are a godsend

>> No.6367869

>>6367845
no. that thing looks awful
wear something comfy like shorts or regular pants.

>> No.6367870

>>6367825

>kandi kids
>original ravers

plz go. I may have been too young to go to them, but Christ, raves in the 90's were not about outfits and what type of 'raver' you were. My sister and her friends would go in jeans and tshirts and no one gave two fucks how you dressed. You went to dance and have an experience.

>> No.6367877

>>6367870
exactly this. dress however you want and have fun.

>> No.6367875
File: 54 KB, 600x643, 1334681.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

RIGHT

>> No.6367876

>>6367863

A friend of mine saw Deadmau5 back in 05/06 before he started rocking a mouse head and got the tattoo. He said he looked like the nerdiest white kid ever lol;

>> No.6367882

This thread is complete garbage, I don't even go to raves and I knew all of this shit. cut the over dramatic tl;dr and just make a concise list in a single post.

>> No.6367880
File: 52 KB, 565x643, Rave Girls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

WRONG

>> No.6367887
File: 40 KB, 239x353, ciaraandcohardsummer-thumb-240x353.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

WRONG (but acceptable)

>> No.6367891
File: 77 KB, 960x720, 549506_10151147082275926_1969293398_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ACCESSORIES AND SHIT:

I'm getting bored of this already so my apologies if my shit's getting brief.

BANDANAS:
to be worn around the face. They're amazing for many reasons. One you can put vicks vapor rub on the inside and breathe in beautiful minty goodness. Also they are good for wiping off sweat. These are mainly to replace the respirators and gas masks that were worn during warehouse parties. Back in the day going to a rave meant breathing in all sorts of shit that the bass knocks off the cieling tiles of whatever building you were breaking into. Now days however you're in a clean as shit club so you really dont have to worry about raver sludge or asbestos.

PASCIFIER:
o hey there mister rolley face you having a good time> yeahhhhh? Worn to prevent yourself from chewing your fucking lips off. If you don't get what I mean then honestly you prolly never will. These are seriously like my best friend, I make a new one for basically everyshow.

TUTUS:
i think these have gotten really popular because they show your ass with just the slightest movement and they make asicaly everyone look smaller~~~

MY PERSONAL FAVE MOTHER FUCKING FANNY PACKS: they're the perfect size to hold everything you need [cigs, id, lighter, money, drugs, phone, ticket, u know ect ect ] also you can put all your kandi bracelets along the stripe instead of worrying about them bugging your arm and if you keep them in front of you its really hard for anyone to steal from them [I just recently had my poi stolen right out of my backpack at a show on friday and my little heart is broken]

RAVING IS MOSTLY ABOUT DRESSING IN COMFORT. You're going to spend the whole night dancing, so you want to wear a small amount of clothes to avoid over heating.

plurr guys. feel free to ask questions and happy raging.

>> No.6367895

I'm by no means an expert. I've only been raving for 3 years and I'm incredibly incredibly fucking sad to say that I missed out on the golden years of edm shows. But I really like con raves because its a chance to just go fuckign wild to happy hardcore <333

>> No.6367904

>>6367891

>rolley face
>drugs

Go back to EDC

>> No.6367915

Aren't you like 17

Don't do drugs kids

>> No.6367917

I smell a youngin who is new to the rave scene...

>> No.6367918

>>6367891
please don't use the term "raging"

>> No.6367927

>>6367904
u honestly cant pretend like they're not there.

>> No.6367937

>>6367891

what's poi?

>> No.6367951

>>6367937
twirling around glowsticks/fire

>> No.6367946

>>6367891
you sound like rave cancer
>>6367927
not at con raves. con raves are teenagers standing around wondering what on earth they should be doing

>> No.6367953

>>6367927
Oh I don't pretend it's not there, I'll go and confront them. Especially my con gogos. If they show up rolling, I fire them.
Drugs don't belong at an all ages convention dance where you have 12 and 13 year olds with no previous exposure. Go take that shit back to your "rager"

>> No.6367969

>>6367891
Furthermore, your kind makes me want to puke my guts out.

>> No.6367975

>>6367969

You son of a bitch >< What did you use to crack my trip?

>> No.6367981

>>6367891
If I were to meet you in person, I would break my foot off in your ass.

>> No.6368301

The new rave scene makes me sick, moved from SoCal to tx shits so fucking different it makes me cry lol

>> No.6368315

>>6368301
Miserable crying Cali junkie fag.

>> No.6368937

Can't tell if this thread is troll or not.

If you raver fucks are all about PEACE LUVV RESPECT why are you telling people how they can and can't dress?

>> No.6368946

>>6368937
Because raves aren't about shitty expensive clothes and you going out of your way to spend the dough on clothes you'll only wear once makes you look like a try-hard.

>> No.6368976

>>6368946
A bikini top is expensive while UFO pants aren't? Bitch, please.

>> No.6368978

>>6368976
Sorry, but you look like a tryhard if you spend money on a "wardrobe for raves".

>> No.6368988

>>6368978
>>6368978
I don't know if you are OP but you are basically telling people to buy these specific clothes. UFO pants are not cheap. This is like punks telling other punks what they can and can't wear when the whole point is "who gives a fuck."