[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 47 KB, 400x518, 1325577605975.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6359704 No.6359704[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I have been wondering this for a while now but what makes a cosplayer a Cosplay Ambassador aside from just being a cosplayer?
I know there are companies and conventions that have their own Cosplay Ambassadors who work for and under them (CrunchyRoll being one of them). But I'm wondering, aside from the obvious costuming and pimping of the community, how and what makes someone an ambassador of cosplay who isn't part of any organization claim such a title? Can they claim that title just because they can? How does 'Cosplay Ambassador' work?

What do you guys think?

>> No.6359726

>>6359704
It's just CrunchyRoll and they're pathetically trying to use them as a viral marketing tool.

>> No.6361664

>>6359726
What about cosplayers who don't work for a company or organization? What makes them ambassadors?

>> No.6361717

>>6361664
Cosplay Ambassador is a specific title that people "working" with Crunchy Roll get. You're probably just misthinking things. "Coca-cola is a type of soda, but not all sodas are coca-cola."

>> No.6363655

>>6361717
Sorry for the confusion. I meant, how do cosplayers who don't work for anyone get the title. Do they just give it to themselves just because? I think there are a few people out there who are using that title but don't work for anyone so I was wondering how did they obtained 'ambassador' status in the cosplay world.

>> No.6366999

>>6363655
OP you are seriously overthinking this.
crunchyroll is using the term "ambassador" as a tittle for the cosplayers they are sponsoring.
It's not a status and it doesn't mean anything. Feel free to give yourself any title and it will be just as valid.

>> No.6367033

I swear to god if crunchyroll is trying to viral market here now...