[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 17 KB, 600x600, 2008-07-Logo_BW_txt_outline_600x600.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6346427 No.6346427 [Reply] [Original]

>Anime Los Angeles is pleased to announce that we've scored a wonderful concession from the LAX Marriott in our current contract for the years 2013-2015. We have exclusive blocking control of all sleeping rooms for the entire 1st floor, both facing the pool and away from it, and all the rooms on the 2nd floor facing the pool. The rooms will be restricted exclusively for members of the convention who have registered their rooms in the Anime Los Angeles room block. There will be no mixing our space with other groups or individuals who are not members of the convention.

>The LAX Marriott has granted this concession on their part from a desire to allow all our Anime Los Angeles members access to the pool area while restricting those who are not, in order to keep the numbers under the limit approved by the fire marshall.

Sounds like they wanted to cut down on people ghosting the con and for safety.

Your thoughts?

>> No.6346431

1st & 2nd (facing the pool) floor LAX Marriott = breeding grounds.

>> No.6346432

lol have poolside room.

>> No.6346439

Last year I somehow ended up with a 3rd or 4th floor poolside room, and it was awesome. Close enough that we could watch everything and even communicate with people by the pool, but if we shut the door to the balcony we weren't too bothered by the noise.
I feel like 1st and 2nd floor will be too close to the action that it'll be noisy? Idk, I'm terrified of elevators so not having to use them makes me happy.

>> No.6346461

Gay. I might actually have to buy a badge now.

>> No.6346462

>cheep assholes that just want to go cross country to get drunk or get high.

>> No.6346465

I guess it might suck for anybody who wants to use to pool area and aren't part of the con. No jacuzzi for the non-congoers.

I live close enough I usually don't stay at the hotel.

>> No.6346470

i wish i could go to ALA, i would get a pool front room for sure. also it's a good way to get more people to actually buy badges instead of just hanging out.

>>6346465
not that they'd really want to anyway. 50+ half naked weebs in bathing suits and a couple hundred just wandering around at all times. that's like, not relaxing at all.

i always feel so bad for people who get stuck at a hotel during an anime con. like i would be so pissed, i would never go back to that hotel.

>> No.6346625

So I'm hearing things from a few friends that you won't be allowed on the pool deck unless you have a badge?

>> No.6346692

I think /cgl/ may quite possibly be the only people in the world that give a crap about ALA.

>> No.6346728

>>6346692
pretty much, it's just a social event for everyone to circlejerk

and badge-dodgers should be shot, good on the organisers for enforcing it to be badgeholders only

>> No.6346843

>>6346692
I find it amazing that a con managed to get the hotel to start thinking of fire safety measures for attendance got those kind of numbers just on /cgl/ hype

>> No.6347028

I can't wait for after ALA since the con is basically going to be a bunch of tripfags getting drunk and making bad decisions. The drama that will spew from this con should last us a while.

>> No.6348632

>>6347028
Don't expect too much drama. For the past few years the drama report has been virtually nonexistant

>> No.6348653

>>6346432
It's not all it's cracked up to be, the ease of the location was great but people trying to peak into the window and shit was not.

Also, party con. Can't wait.

>> No.6348672

Sure. ALA can use a Treasure Hunter. Drinking, cosplaying, playing poker. I'm game.

Open challenge to anyone wanting to play a cash game of Texas Hold 'em.