[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 310 KB, 900x1200, enako-nippon-bashi-street-festa-2012-otaku-cosplay-abuse-013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6296233 No.6296233[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What are the essential things a girl should do to become "famous" in this hobby?

>> No.6296234

Put out.

>> No.6296235

Have tits.
Be skinny.
Wear accurate costumes that suit your body while accentuating tits.

Done.

>> No.6296241

- look good
- self promote your ass, no shame
- pander to nerds, say that you think virgins are cute(lol) and stuff like that

>> No.6296247

What if you're a guy, what can you do?

Living Ichigo and Harley's Joker are trying to go down the Jnig route but are both failing miserably. Do men need a different course of action?

>> No.6296252

>Be fairly attractive
>Have accurate costumes
>Choose costumes that fit your body type and face
>Have a good photographer
>Learn to use basic editing to make your pictures look cool
>Be friendly at conventions

That's all I can think of, good luck OP~

>> No.6296254

>>6296247
Meh have no chance. Go find something else to do.

>> No.6296259

Selfpost your pictures everywhere you can for over 3 years

Make convenient friends that you can use to make you costumes

Make friends with established e-famous people who can put you in their youtube videos and help you 'climb the social e-ladder'

Dress like a complete whore

...You're welcome

>> No.6296262

There are different ways to become famous, OP.
The quick way would be to sleep your way to the top.

The other way would be to be generally cool to everyone and have amazing costumes.

>> No.6296270

>>6296259
Warning: the Jnig method requires years of dedication to attention whoring and a total lack of shame.

>> No.6296282

-have a site with a gallery/record of all the cosplay you've done
-stellar photography
-have distinctive features
-be photogenic
-choose attractive characters or attractive versions of characters to cosplay
-be active enough on your blog or tumblr, twitter and facebook
-appear in youtube videos
-your clothes must show good craftsmanship. There's no shaming in buying a costume as long you don't say you made. Some cosplayers get famous for saying they made things that they didn't if that's the route you want to go. In fact, cosplayers that I remember by name are mostly only infamous ones.

>> No.6296285

>>6296234
That doesn't sound good.

>>6296235
Doable.

>>6296241
Is self-promoting really that important?
>say that you think virgins are cute(lol)
But they are!

>>6296252
Great advice.

>>6296259
Sounds like something a not so nice person would do.

>>6296282
Great advice too!

>> No.6296294

>>6296254
>Men have no chance
>Deadpool vs cosplayer makes a video with over 4 million views

I think the playing field is leveled

>> No.6296299

>>6296285
At this point it's all about putting yourself out there. Example: there are literally tons of girls who've cosplayed that are 100x better looking than Jessica Nigri. They aren't famous even though they're way prettier. Why? Because nobody knows they exist.

>> No.6296353

in b4 jnig starts desperately whiteknighting herself

>> No.6296435

Have a nice body and a beautifull face.
If you don't have that: don't worry.
true beauty is in your photoshop skills.
cosplay only sexy and populair characters.
Take many pictures and many different cosplays and update once in a while.
Have a blog, facebook, twitter or something similiar to that.
Don't say something stupid that will create drama.

>> No.6296439

be attractive.
show lots of skin
smile a lot

>> No.6296665

What do you do if you just don't have a good body? I believe I have a nice face, but even though I've been dieting and exercising for years, i just have an awkward shape. Very unwaiflike.

>> No.6296687
File: 30 KB, 500x500, snowflake.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Step 1: Find razor
Step 2: Slit from wrists to elbows

>> No.6296701
File: 91 KB, 640x677, fujoshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6296665
Then you're fucked. Try being famous for actually contributing to society. Your T&A are not god's gift to the world.

>> No.6296783
File: 662 KB, 384x216, quIdI.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6296233

A lot of people will argue that it has something to do with beauty, when it does not. In all honestly, with a few pounds of makeup, believable photoshop skills, dieting, and a hired photographer, anyone can be considered attractive/hot/beautiful.

We're taking beauty out of the equation because "beauty" has been watered down to "if you look good from a distance, in a picture, naked or if I squint my eyes, I will want to put my dick in you." Just watch some of Jenna Marbles' stuff on YouTube... in the end, it's really really easy to be considered attractive these days. All it requires is some work.

So now that we know beauty is not a valid requirement, lets move on to what is: and that's popularity. Look at what's popular in the world of cosplay. We got jokes like PT, hot messes like Jnigri, photoshop-addicts like Kota Koti, loli-pedo bait like Yukapon, the list goes on...

That's what is popular. Why? Because in the society of today, everything is a competition of "whoever has the most haters, wins." Obtain haters, gain popularity. Let's face it, not a lot of people gained e-fame by being loved. They're either laughed at, fapped to, or trolled hard (boxxy). Do something to piss people off on the internet and you'll get famous on it. Show off, brag, be pretentious, be racist, hate gays, something like that. Besides, think of it: why are you aiming to be a famous cosplayer? Don't you think you should aim a tad higher?

It's not safe to feel that if you're a girl, you can't be successful if you're not attractive. Which I'm sure you are, you're probably just insecure like most girls are. Including myself. But don't let yourself subject yourself to such limiting goals. Humans are capable of A LOT if they're surrounded by good people.

Excuse my rant. Good luck, OP.

>> No.6297452

Why are people saying be hot? Yaya is hideous and I would consider her popular. Clearly, you don't need god given beauty to be famous.

>> No.6297479

>>6296665
A good body is essential, not just because people prefer to look at pictures of people in good shape, but because it gives you a much wider array of options of characters with a greater degree of accuracy. Most characters for anime and comics are in great fucking shape, and the whole point of cosplay is to look as much like the fictional character as possible. This includes having a body that is true to the character's design.