[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 1.63 MB, 750x1334, IMG_3571.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10894321 No.10894321 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a Japanese cosplayer.
I'm thinking of cosplaying Hobie Brown from ATSV.
I want to imitate his features as faithfully as possible, but I don't think I should imitate his skin color.
So here's a question.
He has the characteristic of turning monochrome when he's serious, so I'm thinking of doing a cosplay of Hobie Brown when he's monochrome.
Then, I will have to use gray makeup on the face where the skin is exposed, but is this a problem?
I apologize for asking such an ignorant question, but I would be happy if you could let me know your thoughts.

>> No.10894345

>>10894321
Just cosplay him while he's in his suit. His suit still looks cool and you don't need to try to imitate black features, which I'm sure would not look natural on you

>> No.10894347

sensitive people will still give you shit if you wear an afro wig, stick to a masked version

>> No.10894349

>>10894321
Negro here. The monochrome is a great way of avoiding the issues with skin tones (and an online witch hunt). That's actually gonna be a sick cosplay. Are you doing the borderlands style shading/lining? There are some great tutorials on that if you're looking to do it.

Don't listen to anons telling you not to cosplay him because you don't have his features. If you want to do the suit, do it but only because you want to. Cosplay is about love the for the character/design. The wig might be tricky. I'm pro wig for accuracy but most Afro wigs are garbage.

>> No.10894657

thank you.
I would like to take everyone's opinions into account.
When I watched ATSV again, Hobie Brown was in monochrome for about 90% of the time.
I guess it was only natural that I wanted to cosplay him in monochrome.