[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 1.28 MB, 1200x1800, belovedgilgamesh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853822 No.10853822 [Reply] [Original]

I want to make a Fate/Stay Night Gilgamesh cosplay. I can sew but I've never made cosplay armour before. Am I insane? Should I tackle something simpler before butchering my beloved Gilgamesh?

>> No.10853844

There are a lot of resources out there on how to make good cosplay armor. It's not impossible for a noob to do a good job on something like this but it will take time, money, the proper materials, and some dedication to do right.

Try watching a tutorial like this and see how comfortable you feel tackling it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1YRrlePHc

>> No.10853854

You might want to do something smaller to practice with you will need to make your own pattern for Gilgamesh probably. His armor also has less details stacked on top compared to that armor in the video that was linked making it harder to hide seam lines. So getting clean seam lines will be important and you might want to do some practice builds first.

>> No.10853855

>>10853822
I made a suit of halo armor in middle school with about a month's experience with EVA foam, If you have the proper stuff like a heat gun/heat knife and practice a bunch+adequately plan out beforehand i dont see why it's not possible