[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 76 KB, 800x951, bbandb Salty Icecream.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853726 No.10853726 [Reply] [Original]

I know there are quite a few options for lolita and J-fashion adjacent jewellery, so thought I would make a thread related to it.
>favorite jewellery piece/piece you wear most?
>favorite lolita jewellery brand?
>most slept on brands/indie sellers?
>inspo?

>> No.10853727

This looks really cheaply made. Does it look better than some disasters? Of course, but I can make this myself.
>bubble in resin caramel/chocolate
>dirt/bubbles on piped cream and cone
>cone details fucked up by overhandling

>> No.10853760

>>10853727
I doubt you actually could make something that good with all the different materials and time it takes to make that, it's only efficient to make them in a large scale anyways.
The pearl does look like a clitoris tho.

>> No.10853819

>>10853760
Nta but my problem with BB and B isn't the construction, but that they're a costume jewelry not-so-budget Q-Pot that make it difficult to order from them. I'd rather buy higher quality stuff even if theirs looks nice.

Their pieces do always look really elegant and detailed though, which is more than can be said for the majority of indie brand jewelry. It's very '2010's wear a hime sleeve blouse with every dress' vibes and that does make their pieces feel a bit nostalgic 10 years later.

>> No.10853826

>>10853760
I definitely can. I even have home made molds. I've been making sweets deco for almost a decade using resin, japanese resin style clay and japanese "paper clay". Used to use the padico stuff made for sweets deco before they discontinued the line. Only thing is I'm in Japan so I don't ship overseas, but I'm considering selling in NA when I go back to Canada. The cone, which is made from paper clay based on the picture was handled too much so the design disappeared at the tip. It's also very flat and has no depth because they didn't shade it to make it lool baked. Don't underestimate anons giving critiques.

>> No.10853841

>>10853826
post your work

>> No.10853848

>>10853826
lol 'I totally have my own brand guys, she's from Japan you wouldn't know her'

>> No.10853872

BB and B quality is mid-tier. I have a fair number of pieces and plenty of them have minor defects. Their hardware is pretty shitty, too. I've had two of their pendant chains break. However, I can't complain too much bc their mid quality matches their mid price point.

My main problem with BB and B is their designs. Usually needlessly OTT, or else basic pieces in bizarre colorways that make them less wearable.

ex 1: if you want a strawberry necklace you can either get one in red with really ugly cheap clay lime green leaves, or else you can get one in bubblegum pink with nice gold leaves.
ex 2: If they were to release a pink ice cream like OP it would invariably have like a weird blue cone, rather than a regular tan waffle cone.

>> No.10853881

>>10853848
>>10853841
you retards act like hobbies are extremely rare. anon sounds like she knows what's up. have you not heard of minne? japan has it's own versions of etsy, and has more craft cons than the west.

>> No.10853883

>>10853881
They sound more like those "Japan doesn't exist outside of anime." zoomers. Old gulls used to visit or stay in Japan pretty often, plus a lot of individual lolita SS were just random lolitas from the west who lived there. I almost fell bad for them since they're clearly jelly lmao.

>> No.10853893

>>10853726
Their color choices are garish and their customer service is horrible. I bought a ring where the clay piece broke off in the mail. Bb & b never responded to my emails about it. When I tagged them on an IG post about it, they sent rude messages accusing me of slandering them then blocked me.

>> No.10853986

>>10853883
Nta but the amount of money and time/effort to get into it just isn't worth it for a lot of Lolitas- for me it's less about belittling someone's craft and moreso as >>10853760
Said, it's just inefficient to put all of that effort in for the product and not because you actually like the process. I want cute things, I dont want to make cute things. It's the same reason everyone buys brand instead of making their own pieces. That being said, I dont think bbandb is some bastion of good quality, either.

>> No.10853997

>>10853893
Idk if you are the same anon who has posted a similar story in the past but if not then there have been one or two others who share your negative experience, which says a lot about the poor quality of BBandB's pieces and their customer service.

>> No.10854107
File: 718 KB, 2451x3672, 20230509_204317~2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a classigoth who is so far removed from this bb&b drama, so I'll bite.
This is a basic bitch answer, but my most worn piece is that VW pearl necklace that every zoomer and their mom has. It's cute and goes with nearly everything. My favourite piece is my sheglit crown ring, but I don't get to wear it much because it has a dark patina and most of my other pieces are bright silver or bright gold.
I really like Neant glass. The stuff she does with flowers is much classier than resin. I'm hoping she'll re-expand into different shapes again. I lost my moon ring about a year ago and I've been devastated ever since.
I feel like all the brands I like are already popular, so I'll pass on this question.
>inspo?
Not sure what exactly you're asking here, but I tend to go for lots of pearls for both elegance and versatility. However, because I was into (costume) jewelry long before getting into lolita, I'm more okay with having pieces with multiple accent colours, since I often wear some of these items with my normie wardrobe

I have two ore questions to add!
>what percentage of your jewelry collection is burando/handmade/indie/taobao/offbrand/etc?
>what is your favoruite type of jewelry to wear? like rins/necklaces/bracelets/etc

About 50% of my jewelry is handmade, and the rest is burando/offbrand. My stuff might not be quite as nice as burando/offbrand, but it's like 75% of the way there, and it bulks out my collection, it makes me proud, and it's a fun hobby for me. I do mostly beading though, which is much more forgiving than something like deco, which can look childlike and sloppy if you're inexperienced. I made picrel when I was a babylita. I like rings because they don't interfere with hems and necklines like necklaces and bracelets do, but I secretly love earrings the most, even if they're covered by my hair/headwear 95% of the time

>> No.10854150

>>10854107
That's really cute, I wouldn't think it was handmade if I saw it

>> No.10854397

>>10854107
wow this is very nice non- how long have you been crafting?

I'd really like to do some pressed flower necklaces a la peppermint fox but I'm kinda scared to jump into the crafting hole. I have a tendency to start things but never really commit fully.

>> No.10854603

>>10854150
>>10854397
Thank you! I must confess though, I did not sculpt the pendant or center connector, which is actually a vintage button I altered. Beading like this is actually quite easy, and really just takes a good eye for colour combinations, so it's pretty hard to mess up.

>> No.10854611

>>10854603
I also enjoy that kind of beading and I second that it's pretty easy, doesn't make a mess, and relatively few materials and tools are needed compared to other kinds of jewelry making like resin and deco.

>> No.10854616
File: 853 KB, 664x762, wax.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Probably the coffin floral necklace I got from Neant glass. I use it for everyday wear too.
BtSSB and AatP make some some nice stuff that bridges the gap between cute and elegant.
WaxPoeticShop
AtelierExcentrique
DreamCathedral
TwoTartsAndAPrincess
JellyUltra
>inspo?
Idk I like a lot of things

>>10854107
>what percentage of your jewelry collection is burando/handmade/indie/taobao/offbrand/etc?
25% burando like BtssB, Enchantlic Enchantilly, MmM, and 75% mostly offbrand or indie brand
>what is your favoruite type of jewelry to wear? like rins/necklaces/bracelets/etc
Necklaces and pins. Earrings get tangled in my hair and rings just feel irritating after a while

>> No.10854661

>>10853986
NTA but the anons >>10853883 was responding to were clearly bitter for some reason implying there aren't anons who can craft stuff.

>> No.10854663

>>10853848
craft supplies of any sort is abundant and incredibly easy to buy in japan. stuff like resin, clay, glitter, paints for jewelry or figures or anything, it’s all very accessible and way cheaper than in western countries. so it’s not a reach for an artistic person to start making jewelry or crafts if they live in japan

>> No.10854664

>>10853986
if bb and b can make ok but overpriced products and still siphon money from tasteless talentless consoomers like you then good for them desu

>> No.10854726

>>10854664
ayrt and I never said I even liked them or owned their stuff but project harder ig

>> No.10854730

>>10854726
how is complimenting bb and b seething?

>> No.10854733

>>10854726
> I want cute things, I dont want to make cute things.
No offense, but you literally said it here.

Getting into crafting is also insanely easy in Japan. Stuff like paint, resin, glitter, is accessible and cheap. If you’re remotely artistic it’s not a reach to get into clay or jewelry making (or some other similar endeavor). The anons bashing >>10853826 don’t know what they’re talking about and tell on themselves that they’ve never bought from an indie Japanese jewelry brand. There are so many makers on minne and other shops who make cuter sweets jewelry for a fraction of the price BB and B charges. Granted, a lot of the popular brands sell out quickly, but there are so many mid tier shops with similar quality. I prefer it because I’d rather shop from new artists than buy from BB and B because they’re the ”good enough” western option.

>> No.10854818

>>10853726
Sort of skipping over the questions here because unfortunately, I’m allergic to metal, and jewelry in general tends to irritate my skin. Resin jewelry is alright and I can get away with wearing stuff for short periods of time, but as I branch into classic and goth I’ve really struggled to find anything that won’t cause my skin to flare up. If anyone has any suggestions, I’m all ears, my goth&classic jewelry collections are seriously lacking.

>> No.10854822

>>10854818
have you considered those lace chokers that are popular with the goths? They do fit a little close to the skin though. Pearls are also a good option. They're natural, timelessly elegant, and are usually strung with beading thread, so the only metal part would be the fastener, unfortunately. Perhaps you could get a necklace with a ribbon tie like picrel. I know there's a metal ribbon clamp, but I'm sure you could easily string some pearls straight onto a piece of ribbon if the holes are big enough, or tie the smaller beading thread to the ribbon somehow. You could also experiment with crochet/tatted lace-esque jewelry, but it can look tacky if the thread/yarn is not fine enough

Now that I think it through, I think beaded pieces are the way to go with classigoth and a metal allergy. also you can just stick on flat-backed rhinestones to your ears with lash glue. nobody would know

>> No.10854823
File: 35 KB, 800x600, DSCN5880.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10854822
dropped pic

>> No.10854827

>>10854818
>>10854822
Seconding the lace chokers. They look nice by themselves or with a necklace too. I have my moitie cross arch lace choker and a budget one from dream cathedral and they just tie with a satin ribbon in the back.

>> No.10854838

>>10854730
Did we read the same comment? >>10854664
Is implying a lot more than "bbandb is good" ???

>> No.10854856

>>10854838
She said their products aren’t bad and praised their business sense for taking advantage of braindead consoomers. It’s a compliment

>> No.10855600

Any place you gulls would recommend with lemon slice jewelry? LOTV has some but it looks too classic for my sweet coord.

>> No.10855781

>>10855600
Q-Pot restocked their honey lemon stuff last week

>> No.10855965

>>10855781
ty anon the bee on it is so cute

>> No.10859160
File: 92 KB, 900x1200, ayk regolith.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone have specific fave Minne shops? I've been eyeing Ayk Regolith's stuff but stock seems to go pretty quickly.