[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL


View post   

File: 508 KB, 728x382, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10837930 No.10837930 [Reply] [Original]

What's with this trend of black cosplayers refusing to make a decent wig? Or to even try to look anything like the character? I also see black men who wear beards with non bearded characters unironically. Why are the standards different?

>> No.10837931 [DELETED] 

>>10837930
Other cosplayers do it too, people just ignore it bc black people looking different skin tone wise makes them easier to spot

>> No.10837933

>>10837931
But those other people cosplayers arent featured around on news sites or in front of cosplay related features.

>> No.10837941

It's part of their blackness, don't worry about it. They have to be in your face black.

>> No.10837942 [DELETED] 

>>10837933
Eh, the community at large cannot control what the news or those putting together materials for features choose to display but they often go for shock over substance because they want to grab attention.

It's like how hot cosplayers with mediocre titty cosplay get featured more than ugly ones with great craftsmanship. Life just isn't fair or logical sometimes.

I too wish they'd use black cosplayers who style and color their hair like the character because many of them do and look cool.

>> No.10837998

>>10837930
You can’t criticize black people. That’s racist

>> No.10838637

>>10837998
the hell I can

>> No.10839420 [DELETED] 

>>10837930
Almost all black cosplayers are incapable of attempting faithful cosplays (skin tone aside) because most black people are insufferable and have 0 personality outside of being black, so telling them to straighten and dye their hair or wear a wig to make their cosplay better is like attacking their very existence. They're race-obsessed pathetic losers.

>> No.10839429

>>10839420

As much as I want to disagree, I agree with this sentiment. I have several black friends in the con scene, and they all are obsessed with race and are very selfish. Their cosplays are also average to below average but a part of it is because they do not handle criticism well and cry RACISM the first time they are checked.

Cosplay in general is not optimal for black people. Yea you can do it if you're black but it's not advisable in terms of trying to go pro with it.

Any type of opinion like this would be instantly blocked/filtered on social media btw.

>> No.10839491
File: 926 KB, 449x662, 536t34538t0539044g546646ku657y5i.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839491

>>10837930
Playing devil's advocate
I'm black, I've cosplayed as
>Rad From OK KO
>Batman Beyond
>Spider-Man
>Goku
>Michaelangelo from TMNT
Rad and Goku are my only cosplays where I've shown my face. I didn't need a wig for Rad, as we both shared the same hair (coiled) but for Goku I decided to pull my hairs with hairspray to try and get the spikes. Yeah, doesn't look as good but it was all for fun and not the perfectionism
but I know for black male cosplay it's so unnatural to get a wig of the character because you've spent at least 18 years with your own hair that isn't the same as the character you like. That it'd be jarring and uncomfortable to just straight conform to those wigs. Women are different as it's more normal to do that, but men it's harder. (gender dysphoria/wig equating to emasculation something something) and the wigs they have for those characters don't have an equivalent where flow like they should
I like cosplaying as characters I like, and there's only a small handful of black characters I actually enjoy (Cyborg, Aqualad, Static, Numbuh 5, Storm, John Stewart GL) and there's loads of non Black characters who I adore, so I cosplay as who I like. My next cosplay is Superman

>> No.10839494
File: 239 KB, 1564x1564, 19467736_1492125944142962_2085732538785273882_o (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839494

>>10839491
I've also been researching how to reverse engineer dreadlock/afro wigs to look more like a specific character. So I don't think it's ignorance and justifying race for self indulgent reasons, it's making do with what feels more natural. We don't all think the same, there are IRL issues with black people I don't align myself with.

>> No.10839496
File: 162 KB, 644x1000, 91gYX66kG4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839496

>>10839491
>>10839494
but following up
It's dumb for all ethnicities to keep your beard for non bearded characters, but the OP pic really isn't a big deal. Curly haired Wonder Woman isn't a big deliniation especially if you read the 1980s William Francis Messner-Loebs WW books where Diana has curly hair. The Hermoine one does look too subdued compared to her live action movie counterpart, so I understand the flack. And the Frozone one is debatable because it feels intentional rather than ignorance. I've been lurking and talking on this board for 5 years now, and I've seen alot of horror stories of cosplayers being petty, so I'm not surprised when >>10839420
>>10839429
happens. We have con nightmare threads and feels threads where (I assume) non Black cosplayers get selfish and defensive towards their "friends". Nothing new under the sun, there's gonna be assholes of all colors, creeds, and nations.

>> No.10839504

>>10839494
That wig looks amazing

>> No.10839508

>>10839504
yeah, though I didn't make it, it's pretty much the gold standard for coiled reinterpretations of straight haired characters. My ideal inspiration

>> No.10839510

>>10839508
Totally understandable. I like your cosplay pics too.
Also I couldn't agree more with you. I'm not a black man, but my best friend is and from him I learned about the struggle with masculinity and being a black man.
Keep up the good cosplay, I'm cheering for you

>> No.10839512

>>10837930
It's because they like doing black versions of XYZ, which is whatever. The issue is that they get mad when you call them "black XYZ" even though that's literally who they're trying to be.

I've got no issue with it, I just find those cosplays to be lazier in that they don't put in the effort to make styled wigs like >>10839494

>> No.10839529

Imo they look good like this

>> No.10839530
File: 118 KB, 819x1024, 1528514029757m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839530

>>10839491
>but I know for black male cosplay it's so unnatural to get a wig of the character because you've spent at least 18 years with your own hair that isn't the same as the character you like
Most cosplayers don't have the hair for their cosplay. But instead of accepting that and resolving it with a wig, you instead tell others

>muh black origins

Whenever people tell black people to at least improve their cosplay with small touch ups. Stop. Being lazy. You see pic related? That's not her real hair, but she made sure to make an accurate wig anyway. When a black person does Princess Peach? The girl will just use her own curly hair and call it "black version of Peach." Shit's lazy.

>> No.10839540
File: 2.03 MB, 908x1488, 43633545y4f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839540

>>10839530
I'm not the voice of every black person ever. But I'm gonna reiterate my perspective/experiences
>but I know for black male cosplay it's so unnatural to get a wig of the character because you've spent at least 18 years with your own hair that isn't the same as the character you like. That it'd be jarring and uncomfortable to just straight conform to those wigs.
There was a film 5 years back called Superfly where the lead had his hair processed to look straight, and it looked weird. Again, for black males, this is isn't a normal thing for us. Women have it more easy as it's a normal thing to do. That Peach cosplay is ok because we're used to seeing girls of fair complexions be blonde with strands. That wig was heated to be a specific shape, and I'm certain the initial wig the cosplayer used was a moderate blonde long haired wig that was then modified extremely to be pointy, but the details are straight. Coily hair is something else, and for a lot of black cosplayers adapt isn't as black and white as
>muh black origins
but more nuanced as
>There are some people who aren't comfortable with wearing a wig that is far removed from their own self
Curly ≠ Coily. It's a different type of texture altogether, and that's why I'm in the camp of trying to perfect the hair to capture the shape and look while still working off of the coiled hair. Capturing the iconography fully but not the accuracy. At the end of the day, we all gotta swallow our pride and understand that some cosplay for the joy of it and others for the art of it. if you think it's all stubborn lazy stuff when it's not 100% accurate, I can't help you

>> No.10839554

>>10839420
>>10839429
>Cosplay in general is not optimal for black people.
they gatekeep and politicize everything. truly annoying. or they understand their disadvantage cosplaying non brown characters and make great cosplay variations, not just cringy race-swapped ones. i dated a black cosplayer and she took the hobby seriously.

>>10839494
that wig is kind of pushing it, but it's a decent simulacrum.

>> No.10839600

>There are some people who aren't comfortable with wearing a wig that is far removed from their own self
Isn’t that the whole point of cosplay? Being entirely removed from oneself for a few hours? If you are that uncomfortable with the basic concept of cosplay just go to cons as yourself, in your normie clothes, buy merch and enjoy other peoples cosplays.

>> No.10839605

>>10839530

This Peach is great btw... wow.

I'm imagining if she was black... oh man would it have been bad.

>> No.10839606
File: 425 KB, 581x507, black pech.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839606

here's the black Peach equivalent... oh god

>> No.10839654

>>10839540
Shut the fuck up, jesus christ. You're just using more black excuses. No one says you have to style your own fucking hair. Just get a wig! It's that easy! God you're just proving the thread's point more and more.

>> No.10839656

>>10839600
This is why political self absorbed blacks can't cosplay. They don't get the culture behind cosplaying and try to bastardize it with their shitty black power movement.

>> No.10839657

>>10839606
>princess eggplant

>> No.10839697

>>10839600
Yeah, I don't get this either. Nevermind a wig, there are cosplayers who bind or stuff their chests, glue on prosthetics, put in fake teeth and/or contacts, smear on body paint to change their skin tone to something inhuman like white or blue, etc etc. I've looked so different in cosplays that I've run into people I know at cons and when I greeted them like I knew them, the person was taken aback until I said "it's me, anon!" I don't feel comfortable. If anything, I like it because I feel more like the character.

>> No.10839698

>>10839697
Self-edit: *I don't feel uncomfortable

>> No.10839704

>>10837930
Wait. The middle one literally has the perfect hair for Wonder Woman, what’s wrong with that one?

>> No.10839734

>>10839704
WW's hair was always a wavy style.

>> No.10839736

Didn’t Hermione have bushy/curly hair in the books anyway?

>> No.10839776

>blatant /pol/ thread

>> No.10839784

>>10839776
>it's pol cause it talks about something I dont like

You anti pol people are just as bad as them

>> No.10839786

>>10837930
Bc they if you're going to called "black Goku" or "black Naruto" anyways you might as well own it and express some pride through having your natural hair. Honestly more power to them.

>> No.10839788
File: 115 KB, 246x238, 1594995125390.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839788

>>10839786
>if your'e going to be called the n-word, you might as well embrace being the n-word

>> No.10839791

>>10839788
Nayrt but they literally already do that with the word nigga

>> No.10839793

>>10839791
there's a diff between ending in -a and ending in -er.

>> No.10839805
File: 1.90 MB, 320x200, China - Laughing Chinaman.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10839805

>>10839786
>>"black Naruto"
>Go to out of state con
>Visit the bar / club area nearby, in costume
>Chat with some randos who knew what was up
>Get interrupted by doorman who wants us to know he's gonna be at another con next month, as Niggato
>The same night I see another bouncer with a custom print sweater: POV shot with a guy shoving his fingers into Astolfo's mouth

>> No.10839815

Nigger anon, I know you want to validate your skin color but do it by merits, not by playing into your stereotype holy fuck

>> No.10839890

>>10837930
cause black people need to blackify everything. they cant just appreciate the character & be the character but they have to make the character into a black person just like the media has to race swap every beloved white character

no one says anything because criticizing nigs makes you racist. & no one cares cause of the subtle racism of low expectations

>> No.10839896

>>10839890
Is it really subtle when it's in your face?

>> No.10839951

>>10839491
>I know for black male cosplay it's so unnatural to get a wig of the character because you've spent at least 18 years with your own hair that isn't the same as the character you like
It's also more socially acceptable for black men to be bald. If your hair isn't working for the cosplay you want and you really want to be accurate with your cosplay (and you for some reason can't wear a wig cap), the option to just shave off what you have and wear a wig is a much more attractive option for you than it is for other races.

>> No.10842510

>>10837930
not black but have curly hair, i use curly and straight wigs interchangeably, the straight hair makes the top of my head have less volume and throws off the balance of my face, its just a looks thing, straight hair can look really bad on someone with a wide face

>> No.10842516

I've seen a lot of things going around in the last few years about how telling blacks not to wear a bush of pubic hair on their head is racist. Pretty sure that's the reason.

>> No.10842653
File: 424 KB, 889x671, 13ECB36B-FC85-40FC-BE12-71C83F4B5130.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10842653

Can’t blame the cosplayers when the big production companies themselves are at it.

I just wanna see her try and comb thru that mane with a dinglehopper.

>> No.10842866
File: 202 KB, 1284x1270, FpbQ0hqWABoPPAF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10842866

Black guys in particular look pretty bad with some styles and colors of straight hair. It's really that simple. You're overthinking it. It's also extremely easy to overestimate the population of a minority simply because our brains are wired to pick up on anything that sticks out (i.e. black cosplays without wigs vs ones with wigs).

>> No.10842902

>>10842653
kek it's actually hilarious how often they overrepresent black people, even though there are more latinos in the US (and they never get this stuff). it's like they stupidly think black people are the "opposite" of white, so showing them covers all the other races too

>> No.10842907

>>10842866
this. i think it looks way worse when a black person has on a blonde wig than if they just use black hair. if the character is already race swapped by virtue of the cosplayer being black, the hair color or texture is not going to make a huge difference.

>> No.10842925

>>10842510
Listen, when you cosplay, you are in control of how bad or how good it will be. If you want to cosplay a character you love, you don't care what you look like. You're just trying to look as close to them as possible. People like you forget the "cos" part of cosplay. It's a costume. Most people don't look like Goku but it doesn't stop them from putting on the wig and uniform.

It's funny that you care so much about how you look in something but you refuse to cosplay any other character that fits more your look if accuracy is what you're concerned about. But you don't care about accuracy, you're just being pretentious.

>>10842866
Most people look bad wearing exaggerated anime wigs that are not realistic. But they still do it cause they love the character. If you're worried about stuff like how you look in costume, you're not approaching cosplay to enjoy it. You're doing it out of political reasons.

>>10842902
It's too common of a thing that is making it more and more insufferable to see movies or tv shows. And blacks are being used as shields against criticism, which will only make people more racist against them.

>>10842907
Most cosplayers don't fit their characters. It shouldn't be an excuse to be lazy. Stop giving black cosplayers forgiveness.

>> No.10842997

>>10842925
you're forgetting the "play" in cosplay. The girl in the OP clearly likes Wonder Woman and obviously wasn't lazy about her costume, but she made the stylistic choice to have black hair instead of a wig. probably just because she enjoys it more and the point is to have fun.

no one's going to be confused about who she is cosplaying unless they're braindead

>> No.10842998

>>10842997
Non black girls and boys have dyed their own hair to fit a character as much as possible, worn contacts, and other things to push them as close to their character as possible because they respect and love the character they are doing. If she really liked WW, she wouldn't ;azy out halfway and go

>I don't want a wig. I'll just use my hair instead.

She doesn't enjoy it. She just enjoys the political points on social media.

>> No.10842999

>>10842997
>no one's going to be confused about who she is cosplaying
She's cosplaying Black Wonder Woman. Not Wonder Woman herself.

>> No.10843003

>>10842998
if she wanted political points, there are way easier ways to do it besides cosplay.

>>10842999
literally, yes. because she's black. there's no way around it except magically turning white. i don't see why anyone would sperg about it unless they just don't want her to enjoy her cosplay

>> No.10843004

>>10843003
>if she wanted political points, there are way easier ways to do it besides cosplay.
Actually cosplay is one of the easiest way to do it.

>i don't see why anyone would sperg about it unless they just don't want her to enjoy her cosplay

She didnt want to enjoy it either cause she made it a point to make her black hair part of the cosplay. No one asks blacks to change their skin color, no less no one asks other races to change theirs. We have accepted all skin tones in cosplay forever cause we know people can't change that about them.

But to use that as an excuse to forgo everything everyone other cosplayer does cause you think youre a special african american is the stupidest reason ever.

>> No.10843010

>>10843004
>She didnt want to enjoy it either
are you joking? she's obviously enjoying it. just because it makes you seethe doesn't mean she's not enjoying it kek

>> No.10843011

>>10843010
She's enjoying the attention of being a black cosplayer who is getting free black points cause she didnt want to do any wigs

>> No.10843015

>>10843011
cosplayers enjoy attention. did you not realize this? what the fuck do you think they cosplay for, if not for people to look at them and give them attention?

>> No.10843016

>>10843015
Attention by merit is more valuable than attention by politics.

>> No.10843020

>>10843016
Attention is only valuable to feminine minds
If you care about attention you're gay or a woman

>> No.10843023

>>10843020
Men like attention, too. It's not a man or female thing. Now the limits of how far one takes for attention is more of a narcissistic trait, and women are the most narcissistic gender.

>> No.10843030

>>10843016
i'm still giving these cosplays attention by merit. that frozone would definitely not get the same amount of attention that i would give that wonder woman.

stop projecting your own hang ups and sperging. i agree that corporations race-swappign Ariel is lazy as fuck but these people are just people who like dressing like their favorite characters, not corporations who are literally creating them.

>> No.10843031
File: 31 KB, 720x742, 301373533_5605052882890343_3062637281252556073_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10843031

>>10843030
>but these people are just people who like dressing like their favorite characters
And they enjoy getting political brownie points for forgetting to use accurate designs. Aka, we're celebrating them for not meeting expectations much like most affirmative action.

>> No.10843032
File: 8 KB, 233x286, 1665871521575450.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10843032

>we don't expect blacks to register for state IDs. Why would we expect them to know how to put together proper costumes?

>> No.10843037

>>10843031
they're not getting *more* attention for it, at least not by me. you're just shouting into the wind about how much more popular other people are and it's coming across as pathetic

>> No.10843038

>>10843037
>much more popular

There is no popularity here. I have nothing to seethe about. It's fake popularity if anything.

>> No.10843047

I don't give a shit whether a black cosplayer changes the hair/texture of their wig to embrace a natural style. My issue is that there are approximately 4 black cosplayers who make their shit actually look good. I rarely see a black cosplayer with a well-made handmade cosplay. They either throw bought shit on or it looks like they painted cardboard with their fingers. Why is it impossible for people to make decent shit?

>> No.10843051

>>10843020
Liver King. 'nuff said. Het men can be every bit as vain, gossipy, narcistic, needy and attention hungry as any woman if not more.

>> No.10843053

>entire generation psychologically programmed to believe everything thing should change for their feelings
>surprised when no one puts effort and wants praise for existing
A shock, truly.

>> No.10843054

Good. Wigs look dumb in general. Only good wig is something like the girl who won the arda award at the summit. Most of the time they are too full, bulky, choppy, fake looking, too far back, or too far forward. Even a lot of "good" ones are like that.

>> No.10843066

>>10843038
compared to you? sure anon. you reek of jealousy. anyone who was doing better than them wouldn't be this upset about the popularity of these literal whos

>> No.10843089

>>10843066
>jealously

yawn. Nice bait. If youre going to attempt a proper argument dont fall to low tier conclusions

>> No.10843090
File: 717 KB, 768x1024, 1404784014652.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10843090

>>10843054
>Wigs look dumb in general

Seethe and cope. Only the west cries about shit like cosplaying being too hard whereas the rest of the world has no problem attempting a cosplay to the best of their ability. They don't complain like westerners do when it comes to wearing a damn costume.

>> No.10843098
File: 431 KB, 740x370, 61EE90EB-0BE4-4A0A-A23F-41F0727BE39B.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10843098

>>10839420

>> No.10843215

>>10843090
Are these westerners who say this in the room with you right now?

>> No.10843220

>>10837930
I’m sure there are many black cosplayers who use accurately styled wigs, they just aren’t the ones who blow up on social media. You can easily find comparisons for Sailor Moon cosplays.

>> No.10843221
File: 86 KB, 600x900, 1474E3A8-8498-4CEC-A1F5-D93B875A15DC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10843221

>>10843220
Sailor Jupiter cosplayer with a wig

>> No.10843235

>>10843221
She's very cute, your point?

>> No.10843240
File: 344 KB, 1365x2048, 531AB5B4-7F90-4B7B-B1BB-D7DDE641762E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10843240

Seeing how I always shave my head, I have no real problem with wearing one.

>> No.10843245

>>10843221
>>10843240
Regular wigs look way better on them than the ugly afro/dreads some of them force on characters honestly

>> No.10843261

>>10843240
Topkek this looks awful

>>10843221
This wig looks like she hacked it to bits

>> No.10843263
File: 56 KB, 441x626, BJrfYVF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10843263

>>10843240
I think blacks just dont have the features to cosplay "pretty" character unless they are mixed with eurocentric or asian features like other races. It's not racist to say that they can cosplay characters with their features more.

I can see a black guy cosplaying pic related if he has the right face and build.

>> No.10843264

>>10843090
why would I seethe or cope? I'm not the one out there looking ridiculous in a bad wig. Have at it. But sometimes, just take the sand out of your butthole and focus on looking good in general, rather than some flawed perception of accurate

>> No.10844064

>>10842866
Mulatto cope

>> No.10847537

>>10843264
>I'm not the one out there looking ridiculous in a bad wig
No one said your wig had to be bad. You can also just use a damn good wig and stop making excuses like a lazy faggot.

>> No.10847538
File: 48 KB, 640x386, 20f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10847538

>>10843264
>rather than some flawed perception of accurate
Imagine saying something stupid like this considering cosplay is all about that.

>> No.10851345
File: 53 KB, 1080x720, 39468357_1048509005303522_4639372017567531008_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10851345

>> No.10851350

>>10851345
>ebony girl

>> No.10851354

>>10837998
It's a free country negro I can insult everyone through my fiber being.

>> No.10853253

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to all the non black people that are against natural hair type for black cosplayers. You aren't black so you just don't get it. We have to put in extra effort to capture the spirit of a non black character

Imagine if you as a non black passing person tried to cosplay Canary from Hunter X Hunter you'd look weird asf using a afro wig to cosplay her right.

It's not a political or social reason it's just trying to nail what looks/feels right in the spirit of the character.

We all aren't white/asian passing so we can't easily pull off characters without looking like a edgy ass 2000s emo black kid like >>10843240

If by "virtue" a black person is automatically gonna be seen as "black version of (insert character)" so what if we use wigs and our natural hair texture to somewhat emulate the "look" of the character?

I feel like there's two different arguments being made here: "I hate when black people are lazy and don't change their hair at all when cosplaying" and "I just hate black people that TRY to emulate the hair style using wigs or their natural hair to look like a character"

You should be glad that people try to put in effort and pull off a character they otherwise could never because of the race they were born

Also the argument for and against is varies for Black Men and Women since most Black Women look natural in straighter/looser hair textures and most Black Men don't

>> No.10853263
File: 97 KB, 800x946, 1651404140057.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853263

>>10853253
>I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to all the non black people that are against natural hair type for black cosplayers. You aren't black so you just don't get it. We have to put in extra effort to capture the spirit of a non black character
Non japanese people have to put in extra effort to capture the spirit of a japanese character

>Imagine if you as a non black passing person tried to cosplay Canary from Hunter X Hunter you'd look weird asf using a afro wig to cosplay her right.

Or the majority of anime characters that don't look like any realistic person.

>It's not a political or social reason it's just trying to nail what looks/feels right in the spirit of the character.
>meanwhile, Im going to make posts about why I should use natural afro hair with all my cosplays without a wig

>We all aren't white/asian passing

This is a projection.

>If by "virtue" a black person is automatically gonna be seen as "black version of (insert character)" so what if we use wigs and our natural hair texture to somewhat emulate the "look" of the character?

Just call yourself a slave and go back to picking cotton if thats your argument.

>I feel like there's two different arguments being made here: "I hate when black people are lazy and don't change their hair at all when cosplaying" and "I just hate black people that TRY to emulate the hair style using wigs or their natural hair to look like a character"

No, just majority of black cosplayers have this fixation on making everything about being black, including the most superficial hobby in the world where we are literally just dressing up as fictional characters.

>> No.10853264
File: 64 KB, 433x412, BB47094B-5A51-4C10-93DE-11FF55E2672D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853264

>>10853253
>>10853263
2/2

>You should be glad that people try to put in effort and pull off a character they otherwise could never because of the race they were born

The problem is when you choose to do no effort cause your excuse is that you were born black.

>Also the argument for and against is varies for Black Men and Women since most Black Women look natural in straighter/looser hair textures and most Black Men don't

So your excuse is that you hate how you look in the mirror and so you project it on everyone else.

>> No.10853276

>>10853263
>Non japanese people have to put in extra effort to capture the spirit of a japanese character

extra effort being what exactly? majority of them have fair skin and blank slate facial features that you could already impose a anime character on to.

>Or the majority of anime characters that don't look like any realistic person.

this literally makes no sense but whatever

>It's not a political or social reason it's just trying to nail what looks/feels right in the spirit of the character.
>meanwhile, Im going to make posts about why I should use natural afro hair with all my cosplays without a wig

yeah... what political about that?? it's hair follicles... only a white person could possibly politicize someone's hair texture

>This is a projection.

fair enough, I'm talking more about common black people instead of myself cause my personal facial features are racially ambiguous

>Just call yourself a slave and go back to picking cotton if thats your argument.

well no, because I was referencing someone else's comment in which they stated, "if the character is already race swapped by virtue of the cosplayer being black, the hair color or texture is not going to make a huge difference."

meaning that if you all are gonna see a black person cosplaying as us being "the black version" anyways why should we care about you all's thoughts on how we cosplay a character?

>> No.10853278

>>10853263
>No, just majority of black cosplayers have this fixation on making everything about being black, including the most superficial hobby in the world where we are literally just dressing up as fictional characters.

not at all, I know many black cosplayers and we just cosplay for the fun of it. we still wanna look somewhat natural instead of pretending to be white/asian. not to say there aren't people who make it into being "black" and politicizing it.

it's a case of looking at popular/ known figures in the community and their insufferable western politics infecting it. trust me most people offline and who actually cosplay and go to cons don't give a fuck at all about making some grand point.

>>10853264
>The problem is when you choose to do no effort cause your excuse is that you were born black.

true, people do like to make excuses. however if someone tries to capture the silhouette of a character you can't call them lazy for not slapping a cheap amazon straight wig on and calling it day. to ME that's the pinnacle of lazy.

>So your excuse is that you hate how you look in the mirror and so you project it on everyone else.

i'm not projecting anything on to everyone else, the other black anon here said the same thing. It's just a thing about being black. we have not socially conditioned ourselves into viewing black men with straight hair as something that looks okay/natural. why? i don't know.

>> No.10853279

>>10853276
>extra effort being what exactly? majority of them have fair skin and blank slate facial features that you could already impose a anime character on to.
This alone means Im skipping the rest of your shitty excusing post

>> No.10853280
File: 101 KB, 612x511, n64-goldeneye-james-bond-cartridge-costume.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853280

>>10853276
>extra effort being what exactly? majority of them have fair skin and blank slate facial features that you could already impose a anime character on to.
Guys Im imposing my asian pale skin on this video game cartriged! I'm a video game cartridge, Morty!

>> No.10853283

>>10839491
I think I needed to hear this. I'm the type of person who because of my blackness, hated exposing my skin in any cosplay so I would just wear shit that would keep me from having to do just that. As I get older though I'm starting to care less about getting it right and just wanting to have "fun" with cosplaying as a person that I like because as you've said, our options may vary depending on one's preference. I'm in your boat where the number of non-black people I want to do outweigh those who aren't so that's what has to happen and I have to play the hand life dealt me. I do want to look good in a wig though without having to sacrifice the hair that I already have but that's another "me" problem entirely. There are ways for us to tame our hair for such things.

>> No.10853285

>>10853283
>. As I get older though I'm starting to care less about getting it right and just wanting to have "fun" with cosplaying

Go somewhere else. We dont want you at our cons trying to be fun. Cause your fun is being an agitation with constantly saying your blackness makes your cosplay. Political games as usual.

> I do want to look good in a wig though without having to sacrifice the hair that I already have but that's another "me" problem entirely. There are ways for us to tame our hair for such things.

Just Fucking. Wear. A. WIG. Stop being a lazy jogger

>> No.10853286

>>10853285
>Go somewhere else

I like it at my cons though, so no I think I'm going to continue to show off my skin in whatever I'm dressing up as and if you don't like it that's your issue to deal with and not mine. I've gotten compliments with everything I've done so far and even me showing off a little more last cosplay got me reactions I didn't even think I'd get. Stay mad if you want to.

>Just Fucking. Wear. A. WIG.

Yes? I'm in support of that, that even people with hair can still find ways to keep theirs in place while still wearing one that's true to the character. I still want to look as accurate as possible when I cosplay, I'm just not gong the extra mile to straight up paint myself up to change my skin color. More power to people who will go that far, but it's not for me.

>> No.10853287
File: 1.15 MB, 720x1280, me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853287

>>10853279
ok just say you don't have a point and leave.

>>10853283
bro do what I do and get a dreadlock wig and spray paint/ fabric dye it. I've cosplayed 9S, Riku and Xemnas and I kill it every time. I get tons of compliments and get stopped to take pictures constantly at cons. pic rel but im not wearing my white wig for 9S

>>10853285
you're a sad strange man. imagine thinking a black person cosplaying is inherently political. my blackness is not the first thing I think of when I see a character I wanna cosplay as. go somewhere else with that negativity.

>> No.10853288

>>10853287
That's my thing I still want to at least look like the character as close as I can get it. I'm seething about contacts right now because I want to wear them but can't take them on/put them on to save my life. I respect the idea of putting your own spin on it with locs but I still kind of want to at least look like I came off the pages if possible. I can't change everything but what I can I'll put the effort into doing.

>> No.10853293
File: 475 KB, 600x800, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853293

REJECT MODERNITY RETURN TO TRADITION

>> No.10853295
File: 450 KB, 399x717, me2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10853295

>>10853288
that's fair, good luck! pic is me with a straight wig I was initially gonna wear for 9S but I just absolutely hated it. also contacts are very intimidating, I cried for 30mins the first time I got a pair when I was in middle school so I understand but don't worry you'll get better eventually

>> No.10853296

>Why are the standards different?
Anime nerds are too bitch-made to put their foot down. Western countries worship blacks and they can do no wrong in the eyes of white women and a good portion of the white males in general too.

>> No.10853340

>>10843240
This would look better if you got in shape.

>> No.10855780
File: 69 KB, 640x800, 119003530_350189196023880_4435893512860285199_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10855780

>> No.10855808
File: 2.42 MB, 274x206, dr light.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10855808

>>10853340
>telling blacks to put work into anything

>> No.10856057
File: 50 KB, 508x496, 115C0963-4BA0-4FEE-B67E-CAA748A293FE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856057

>>10837930
>>10837998
>>10837998
>>10838637
>>10839420
They know most nerdy people are too racist to see them as anything other than ‘black’ Wonder Woman or ‘black’ goku so they lean into the cultural aspect honestly I think it’s cool but I have a soul unlike all of you

>> No.10856065
File: 598 KB, 750x742, 2778C38C-9A95-404F-9CBB-FE68AE46D6CD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856065

>>10856057
Another example of this that I really like is spider-man wearing Jordan’s black cosplayers invented this way before spider-verse did it

>> No.10856067

>>10856057
Leaning into it makes sense and a lot of the time it looks better if not as good, so the idea shouldn't be ignored

>> No.10856070

>>10856057
>>10856065
>>10856067
>it's good because the fact that I'm black is my entire personality and I can't separate from that, so instead I lean into it when I cosplay characters who are not supposed to be me.
Cosplaying is separating from yourself and donning a characters clothes, trying to look like THEM and not yourself, and thus cosplays are and should exclusively be judged by attention to detail and how well you realized the likeness of the character. Thanks for helping prove my point about black cosplayers being self absorbed, kek.

>> No.10856074
File: 97 KB, 234x240, 1680960264382582.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856074

>>10856070
Alright I will give you 1(One) (You)
>Cosplaying is separating from yourself and donning a characters clothes
which we see above
>trying to look like THEM and not yourself
again, the same thing above. You think they look like that going to a social or going to work?
>and thus cosplays are and should exclusively be judged by attention to detail and how well you realized the likeness of the character
No. People can cosplay for fun and for whatever purpose they see fit. I know, hard to grasp, but not everyone is a competitive cosplayer - a lot of people do it for fun, and besides that, there are shit cosplays EVERYWHERE, no matter the race involved. A black person could put a mountain of effort into a cosplay to look as close to the character as possible and it will still be called "eh, just a black version". They can't win, no matter the argument. So fuck everyone, and no matter what race you are, just cosplay who the fuck you want, how you want.

>> No.10856076

>>10856074
Too long, didn't read.
Stopped reading after
>Alright I will give you (One) (You)

>> No.10856077

>>10856076
I accept your concession with kindness anon

>> No.10856084

>>10856070
I said They know most nerdy people are too racist to see them as anything other than ‘black’ Wonder Woman or ‘black’ goku thanks for proving my point kek

>> No.10856095

>>10856084
You didnt prove shit to that anon. If anything you proved how right they are that they are black WW or black Goku cause the black cosplayers themselves literally make this their identity at cons!

>> No.10856107

>>10856095
Okay you guys win. black people are all self absorbed retards who should paint their skin white and put on wigs if they want to cosplay. I’m the asshole in the wrong here

>> No.10856184
File: 1.19 MB, 730x1094, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856184

>>10856107
>black people are all self absorbed retards who should paint their skin white
Shut the fuck up with this strawman. No one said anything about painting skin. Unless you're doing shit like Starfire or a character who has alien skin, no one expects anyone to paint their skin.

>and put on wigs if they want to cosplay

If your hair cannot match the character's style naturally or through some styling or you just don't want to harm your hair with hair stuff, then yes, people prefer you to wear a wig. You do not have to wear one, but everyone will think you're shitty and lazy just like most half cosplay people we see at cons. No matter whether youre black, white, asian, etc.

It's funny really. The Japanese try their best to match the character as much as possible. Meanwhile, blacks in America try their best to avoid matching the character as much as possible. This exposes that they have no respect for the characters or series they watch and they just want to use this hobby to feel good. Nothing you can say will change the reality.

>> No.10856188

>>10856184
It’s just hyperbole man obviously no one said anything about painting skin I can’t even forfeit without a tl;dr racist rant?

>> No.10856189
File: 225 KB, 1280x853, tumblr_dec176a5f8fbb48a3c4a975c8349d521_93ad52b6_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856189

>>10856188
>racist

Yes, the Japanese are better cosplayers than most black cosplayers.

>> No.10856190
File: 505 KB, 750x938, D4CDB2D5-C649-4D43-A342-CAF9D22D0830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856190

>>10856189
Damn that was a fast reply you just want attention huh you are a sad sorry thing and Japanese cosplayers are dogshit compared to Americans. weeaboo

>> No.10856193
File: 31 KB, 513x705, 311447270_3364424163842008_941159258623862082_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856193

>>10856190
I work nights. Your pity for lazy blacks is simply an amusement.

>> No.10856195

>>10856193
I pity a racist loser nightshift weeaboo

>> No.10856196

>>10856195
How’s the cool evening air wagie?

>> No.10856530

>>10843221
That's jupita to you

>> No.10856531
File: 635 KB, 1079x1434, Screenshot_20230524_120136_Facebook.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856531

Haters!

>> No.10856936
File: 862 KB, 2048x2048, F3C212AB-C3AB-44B5-80BE-E9742A6059EE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856936

>>10856531
Ur almost as good at cherry picking as I am

>> No.10856939
File: 858 KB, 2048x2048, E08D17D3-F09E-4F98-AFC2-4FBCD3CE7D6A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10856939

>>10856531
Wow looks like black people are just so much lazier at cosplay than these vastly superior yt people

>> No.10856994

>>10856939
>>10856936

>Wow looks like black people are just so much lazier at cosplay than these vastly superior yt people
Considering most of them at least put on a wig, that makes them already better than lazy fags. Being black doesn't make you lazy, but black cosplayers make up a large proportion of lazy cosplays.

>t. 15+ years of cosplay

And it's not like I want to say this. There's some good ass black cosplayers. These political cosplayers is ruining it for them. I see no other race that does this.

>> No.10856995

>>10856994
Let me clarify: since there's more white people that go to cons than blacks, technically whites are the majority of good and bad cosplays. However, among black cosplayers, there's higher proportions of them that do not give a fuck about accuracy or professionalism.

Why this is the case, we can debate all day, but it's a constant observation.

>> No.10857004

generally they're doing a "black version" of the character and think that means the character should have "natural" hair

>> No.10857038

>>10856995
>be black
>100% of characters you want to cosplay aren't black (for the sake of conversation)
>no matter what you do, it will never be accurate
in terms of professionalism, a shitload of non-black cosplayers lack that too (like in this thread), just that there much less black cosplayers, so you just notice shit more

>> No.10857041
File: 90 KB, 603x640, 416.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10857041

>>10857038
>>100% of characters you want to cosplay aren't black (for the sake of conversation)
Okay except...just cosplay them anyway? Black girls were cosplaying disney princesses forever. It's just skin color. Like literally the only people who have problems with this seems to be in the west, specifically the US. Japanese and mexicans will change their skin color to match a character if they felt like it. Most of the time, none of them do and just cosplay the character regardless. Cause you know, they like the character.

Again, example, all the blacks and hispanics who cosplay dragonball. It seems mostly in this fandom, no one gives a shit except for the recent black political cosplayers that have invaded the scene.

Onlyfan girls invading the white cosplay scene is the equivalent of black racebaiters invading the black cosplay scene. Tell me Im wrong.

>> No.10857046

>>10857041
I mean, I have zero problems with any person doing the extremes to cosplay because I get it, but of course people can get understandably upset about it. And yeah, Disney princesses were done so much, most likely because a lot of people are into that and it is easier to get into it too, shit is just available, plus it is a completely different scene.

I agree that it is a key issue in the west, pretty shit as I feel there is a lot of pressure on black cosplayers even doing a basic cosplay, then their own families will start talking shit too, more-so than any other. They should just cosplay and give it as much as they can, but I feel there are many factors in play. a lot of them from a societal perspective

>> No.10857049

>>10857046
>but I feel there are many factors in play. a lot of them from a societal perspective
Stop giving this same ole excuse. You can agree that society sucks for blacks and also agree that they don't help themselves with that perspective. Yes, blacks have to work harder in a white majority society, but again, they are the only race in the west who makes excuses. Asians and hispanics are even more minority and they are far more ahead than western blacks. Thats no coincidence. At some point you have to start blaming the culture instead of the environment.

>> No.10857054

>>10857049
Even if it can be overturned by not giving a shit about what people think, it isn't a matter of 'just cosplay the character and it will all go away' - it isn't that simple. People are still people and and black people will still have to go through even more of that shit to see the light at the end of the tunnel if they want to do things that are "normal" for the common western citizen. Some just give up entirely, some just do what they can. They need people around them that can encourage them to fuck the haters and do things that they enjoy even if their own shit on them for it

>> No.10857056

>>10857054
>it isn't that simple
Yes it is.

>People are still people and and black people will still have to go through even more of that shit to see the light at the end of the tunnel if they want to do things that are "normal" for the common western citizen

Okay, so which is a better attitude:

>Im going to cosplay who I want and do the best I can

Or

>Everyone is going to keep criticizing me for being black so Im going to complain and half ass it to prove them right

>They need people around them that can encourage them to fuck the haters and do things that they enjoy even if their own shit on them for it

Which is the majority of the black community. Aka bucket of crabs. This thread is encouraging blacks to be better and already there's posts where they give the typical "I do not want to try" excuse.

>> No.10857073

this thread is such obvious bait and I hate that it worked

>> No.10857081
File: 30 KB, 708x303, looky.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10857081

>>10843090
I think he likes it

>> No.10857503

Last anime expo i saw a fat black madoka cosplayer with a big afro and it made my penis really fucking hard. Didnt help that her skirt was short so her gigantic ass was in full display. But i think the best black cosplayer ive seen was a diana cosplayer. She was under 5ft, yet had the absolute largest tits and ass ive seen. The embodiment of the anime shortstack meme. And this was all wrapped in a skin tight leotard with her huge ass wrapped in fishnet esc material. I still masterbait to her

>> No.10857504

>>10857503
>diana
Diane

>> No.10857549

>>10856994
Fuck you racist bitch I’m better than you with minimum fucking effort just because I’m not racist you don’t give a fuck if a lolcow is in a wig or not you give a fuck about being racist to reiterate what I said to the nightshift loser I pity you at best

>> No.10857551

>>10857073
>it’s just bait to write 100 paragraphs hating on black people
>I can’t believe you fell for it

>> No.10862004 [DELETED] 

>>10837930

>> No.10862274

>>10837930
middle has gorgeous hair desu if my hair looked like that I'd be trying to shoehorn it in to whatever I could

right is vomit-inducing though

>> No.10862282

Im not gonna complain. Id rather curly wigs than some greasy cat piss smelling matted hatsune miku wig any day.

>> No.10862293

>>10862282
>black people can't do wigs

>> No.10862319

>>10837930
Besides the laziness which is inherent to them it’s also because they need to “reclaim shit” by turning non black characters black because apparently that’s diverse and progressive and better than just coming up with actually black characters to cosplay

>> No.10862322

>>10839606
Not only should blacks not cosplay whites, but this approved ugly women should just off themselves and never cosplay

>> No.10862325

>>10843240
Based. This looks good.
>>10843221
Looks like shit

>> No.10862330

>>10853293
More respect to the nigs that do this than all the rest. At least this is an obvious joke and not a bastardization

>> No.10862350

>>10862293
re-read their post

>> No.10862394

>>10862350
my post stands

>> No.10862490

It's a show of power. They know they can make everything about themselves and be ass kissed for doing it. They're the most powerful group of people in the United States. Kanye would be cancelled for saying what he said if he was white. You almost exclusively see black people wearing big gold chains because they control the wealth in this country, among other things.

>> No.10862496

>>10862490
Jewish hands typed this

>> No.10862504

>>10862490
>It's a show of power. They know they can make everything about themselves and be ass kissed for doing it. They're the most powerful group of people in the United States. Larry Fink would be cancelled for saying what he said if he was white. You almost exclusively see jewish people wearing big gold chains because they control the wealth in this country, among other things.

>> No.10862527

>>10862490
Kanye still got cancelled tho. The anti-Semite comments would probably have slid by but it’s the whole “WLM” shit and not “standing by black people” that was the final nail in the coffin for him

>> No.10863653

They love to flaunt blackness because it’s the one thing they can have of their own without stealing.

>> No.10863655

>>10863653
based, tho cosplaying itself is stealing a white people thing that white girls stole from asians lmao, so black cosplayers still be stealin

>> No.10864759

A lot of you are creepy and weird, so I dont care how you feel about the way we cosplay. Now that said. If you're trying to become a professional cosplayer?? Ok then that absolutely matters, yes, you should be as accurate as possible.

But I'll never accept the level of autism that a lot of you freaks force onto others. I've been going to conventions for 15 years. Closet cosplays with your friends were the funnest. Nowdays, I wouldnt closet anymore, but I'm not going be a retard and ~con crunch!!!!!!!!!! and do a bunch of other shit just to impress people I dont know or dont care about. Not all of us are trying to make cosplay our careers/onlyfans whores. Some of us are just nerds who want to put on a stupid costume and go sit at panels for our favorite things. If my wig or lack therefore of makes your blood pressure rise then enjoy your self-induced stroke, you obsessed controlling weirdo.

>> No.10864825

>>10864759
if you don't care, why are you posting?

>> No.10868264
File: 504 KB, 1536x2048, 1688944178575698.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10868264

>> No.10868265
File: 108 KB, 720x900, 336955298_932710394746806_6062294350747982160_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10868265

>> No.10868799

>>10868264
good shadow lady cosplay

>> No.10869095

>>10839491
nigger

>> No.10869205

Black women are just so ugly.

>> No.10869209

>>10869205
No one asked

>> No.10869224
File: 437 KB, 1920x1080, 1657554510224.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10869224

>>10869205
>around a lot of non black cosplayers
>they're liberal so whenever a fat and/or black person (usually a woman), is shown on social media, everyone goes "YASS QWEEN" or "SHE SO BEAUTIFUL"
>in reality, I know they're basically lying to virtue signal and everyone knows that they are unattractive

You're better off just saying your true feelings or not saying anything at all. Just make them realize that you dont like them so they won't keep being confused when they get comments saying otherwise.

>> No.10869241

>>10842866
Say what you want this looks dope

>> No.10869242

>>10856939
>>10856936
O genuinely wonder how my sasuke cosplay from about 10 years ago didn't end up on the internet

>> No.10869245

>>10869095
Rent free. I wonder what takes up more space in your head, blacks, jews or transfolk?

>> No.10870761

>all these well meaning anons arguing against literal poltards with retarded opinions
Sweet attempt, but who the fuck cares lol Having a good faith argument with retard69 saying your skin tone is political (?) and that you're lazy because you don't want to wear a wig that makes you look like shit is a huge waste of time. Who cares, you're dressing up as your favorite cartoon characters for fun. This is clearly a bait thread with bad faith actors but it's sad seeing anons trying to have a 2012 conversation on post 2016 /cgl/. The lack of self of moderation (not entertaining bait and letting them argue for 50 posts, as they'll always do because derailing is a sport for them) is one of the reasons this board is dead now.

At least it's cosplay related but holy shit. You don't need to defend your nignog existence to retards. This is autism. Just do what you want.

>> No.10871830
File: 156 KB, 1440x1800, 361653751_593463299625795_2550710540089087842_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10871830

>> No.10871838

>>10839491
What the fuck are you smoking it's a wig

>> No.10871857

>>10871838
those of victimhood will always come up with the biggest excuses for simple fixes.

>> No.10872033
File: 3.21 MB, 640x640, amongla-among-us.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10872033

>>10837930
because
1. Its more natural to our hair
2. I2s because we can
3. Youre incapable of understanding, so I wont waste time explaining to an npc.

also yiour op pic has frozone from the Incredibles
you DO realize that a genderswaooed version is fair game, right?
You DO realize that this is a black cosplayer cosplaying a black character, right?
You DO relaize that a female frozone is more likely to wear her hair like this?

you SURELY arent this retarded, right OP? Right?

>> No.10872034

>>10856057
this, we're just vibing lol


gonna cosplay their favorite white character but with nappy hair just piss off OP lol

>> No.10872035

>>10856070
you sound like youd be a shitty actor, never talk about character portrayals again
>t. actually theater trained anon

>> No.10872037

>>10839654
excuse implies theres a need to do it in the first place


its just a fucking cotume for chinese cartoons, and this is a mongolian basket weaving forum

nta but if youre so hung up about how black people cosplay just do it better, fuck, i hate threads like these with passive aggressive bitching, thats what whiny WOMEN do

if youre a real man youd just outshine them instead of this prisy high school gossip type talk

>> No.10872040

>>10837930
Because unironically black people are super racist and they identity is based solely in being black. Being "lightskin" already makes you an outcast, imagine dropping the afro.

>> No.10872041

>>10868264
Thats hot

>> No.10872078

>>10872037
>its just a fucking cotume for chinese cartoons
This is why we dont want your kind anywhere near the industry. You dont even care for the hobby. You're just here to shit it up

>> No.10872094

>>10872078
too late, you cant stop us lol
cope, seethe, etc

>> No.10872280 [DELETED] 

Blacks are a nuisance to all societies they inhabit

>> No.10872304

>>10872280
Nah, that's white people. None of them could bother to stay in their origin countries and be content there. They had to go conquer shit and make life harder for everything they encounter so they can feel superior. When in reality we are all just people, good and bad.

>> No.10872475

>>10837930
because blacks worked hard to build this country and everything you enjoy today is basically because of the hard working black person, but you don't appreciate them... Sad!

>> No.10872481

But OP, most cosplayers are lazy, shitty and don't wear a wig (or wear a shitty one): white, black, asian, south american, etc. I don't think this has anything to do with being black. More like being poor or lazy. Or both. Most people nowadays don't want to take an effort for anything, be it cosplay or anything else.

Also OP photos of those black female cosplayers are really good depictions of good cosplays and wigs. I wouldn't complain about them. I have a good opinion about black cosplayers because the best ones are posted online and those are the only ones I see.

Where I live there is only one black cosplayer (I live in a European country, duh. It's hard to find non white people here). He does full body armors only and even if the quality is not the best, nobody messes up with him because the poor boy has aspergers and yet he tries to do everything by himself and doesn't bother anyone.

>> No.10872485

>>10872475
Definitely off topic but it may be a shock to hear that black people didn’t create everything. Yes, black people have enhanced lots of things we use in modern day life but it’s rare for black people to be original inventors Despite what your tiktokers tell you. It’s not racist to be realistic.

>> No.10872488

1. poor people exist.
2. whats the point in getting a wig when you can do that with your own hair already??
3. half of these losers are just here to be retards and shit on black people.

>> No.10872586

>>10869205
This tbf. There's a reason why an overwhelming majority of black men only chase white or heavily mixed "black" women.
The inherent traits that black women have (Nappy hair, big lips, big noses) are just so unattractive. It's not even about the dark skin which looks great on Indian women and Latinas.

>> No.10872773

>>10872586
"which looks great on Indian women and Latinas"
Those two group have skin colors that aren't even close to approaching the shade of someone who is all or mostly black but okay.

>> No.10872777

>>10872586
>The inherent traits that black women have (Nappy hair, big lips, big noses) are just so unattractive.
Actually, the big lips isn't a bad trait. And middle eastern women are known to have big noses, as well. And South American. The big difference is that black women are just very non feminine. They act bossy, are quick to anger, and have traits that arent attractive. They hate being submissive (though the consensus is that they will be to the right guy), and tend to inherent the bad traits of the poor side of their community (cheating, stealing, etc).

>> No.10872956

>>10872304
Without whites, you wouldn’t even be alive nor be able to talk shit on the internet you ingrate monkey. If all blacks died tomorrow, which sector of the economy would suffer? Literally none. Imagine how well off western societies would be without diversity hires, BLM terrorists and other black shenanigans like theft and murder. As a collective you fucks are a literal biohazard

>> No.10872959

>>10843016
>merit
Yeah im sure all the swimsuit cosplays, horny cosplays and meidos are getting attention from "merit". Wtf is this braindamaged take. People make x version of characters all the time. Pokemon gijinkas. x if they were a rockstar. x beach version. x christmas outfit. Stop shitting on peoples fun because you equate being black with a political statement. Its not "woke virtue signaling", youre just fucking retarded.

>> No.10872960

>>10872959
>Yeah im sure all the swimsuit cosplays, horny cosplays and meidos are getting attention from "merit".
Funny you say this considering a lot of black girl cosplayers specifically complain that the lighter and white women are getting more attention in swimsuits than black women in swinsuits (though a lot of them dont realize that they are usually fat).

Stop talking for them considering they already disproved your white knight take.

>> No.10872964

>>10872960
Good job ignoring the entire second half of my comment. People design alternative versions, genderswaps, humam versions, etc all the time. Shit on it because it looks bad not because its black. Youre outing yourself.
And yes white/asian women get the most asspats for doing horny cosplays, its normal with the amount of race autists. The existence of this thread is enough to prove that shit. Whenever a black woman is posted on cgl the poltards cant keep their fucking mouths shut. Not gonna respond to any further bait, Ive eaten enough my tummy is full

>> No.10872966

>>10872964
>Whenever a black woman is posted on cgl the poltards cant keep their fucking mouths shut.
Women shit on other women more often than men do. And considering mostly men frequent poltard, your take is extensively off.

And yes, return to coping. We dont want you here.

>> No.10873128

why is this worthless post accompanied by a photo of two women wearing nicely styled character-accurate wigs and one woman doing a slightly reinterpreted genderbend of a black character with afro-textured hair. what was the thought process.

>> No.10873158

>>10872964
>black "woman"
>woman
99.9% of black "females" look like men

>> No.10873162

>>10873158
we love to see transphobes mask off and admit their ideology is based in white supremacy. black women are more women than you white girls with your flat ass cammy cosplays will ever be. stay jealous.

>> No.10873201
File: 126 KB, 1280x720, he man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10873201

>>10837930
>What's with this trend of black cosplayers refusing to make a decent wig? Or to even try to look anything like the character? I also see black men who wear beards with non bearded characters unironically. Why are the standards different?
Yes

>> No.10875276 [DELETED] 

>>10872280
https://twitter.com/BIPOCracism/status/1692900101428048201?t=ti3n7B525vw5UIaDor3SZw&s=19

Nobody likes them

>> No.10875594

>>10872956
the economy needs an underclass to keep wages low

>> No.10875781

>>10873162

Take the mask off and you always reveal white supremacy.
It's always based in some narrow idea of the world that they have seen exactly .5% of.
They've barely lived anywhere else.
They speak one dialect.
They eat the most basic of foods.
Of course they only have the most basic of ideologies.

>> No.10875786

>>10873201
ngl that's pretty dope

>> No.10875788

>>10839420

What are you talking about? 90% of black women you see on the street are either straightening their hair or wearing a wig.

>> No.10875833

>>10872035
>t. actually theater trained anon
I knew theatre kids in HS and they were the most annoying retards you could imagine, and they embarrassed themselves constantly in front of normal people. All you're proving to me by saying you're theatre trained is that you're a dork loser who can't act normal even if you tried. Suffice it to say I don't give a rat's ass what you have to say, theatre boy. Fucking kek.

>> No.10875835

>>10875788
I said black cosplayers, not just black people in general. Black cosplayers seem to be a special breed of up their own assess compared to the average black person you'd find on the street. Cosplaying for whatever reason seems to be a magnet for narcissistic blacks.

>> No.10875836

>>10856077
>I accept your concession
There was no concession. I'm objectively correct because what I'm saying is based on objective proof that can be seen by going to literally any convention. There's no room for argument so I simply ignored you. If I tried to argue that the sky is blue and you replied with "UM ACHTUALLY IT'S NOT BLUE IT'S ETC ETC" I would ignore you because I can literally look up and know I'm correct. You're simply too retarded to understand you're wrong, and that's why I gave your reply no attention other than a single (You) and a dismissive reply. This is the last (You) you're getting from me.

>> No.10877857
File: 129 KB, 1030x1030, 147723846_889806015166978_8679854151428360375_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10877857

>> No.10878207

>>10837930
Because they was kangs and shiet

>> No.10878260

>>10839420
It's hilarious how blacks beet weaboos on the race obsession and being insufferable. This is a big reason why I stopped going to certain cons like Youmacon. Anyone remember the video of the group of blacks from youmacon back in 2012ish filming themselves purposely destroying people cosplays and "accidentally" bumping in to people in the narrow and under construction streets?

>> No.10878261
File: 60 KB, 1014x1024, 1493858793405.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878261

>>10843240
NOOOOOOO YOUER BLACK YOUR SUPPOSED TO HAVE BLACK HAIR STYLE WHY DO YOU HATE YOUR RACE STOP IT YOU DUMB HOUSE NIGGER YOUR NOT REAL BLACK

>> No.10878263

>>10853253
The only reason why whites don't do black characters is because everytime they do blacks freak out and attack them. No other race has this issue except blacks so the rest of your TLDR post is wrong and gay.

>> No.10878264

>>10856057
Blacks are the ones leaning in to the cultural aspect. Notice how no other race has this issue but blacks.

>> No.10878265

>>10856995
>falling for bait.

The issue isn't that blacks are bad at cosplay and so are whites. The difference is the blacks who want to be taken seriously for their cosplays aren't putting any effort in to them either and then bitching that their blackness somehow exonerstes them from being accurate to the character. Most casual cosplayers understand their cosplays are shit and they don't look even remotely like their characters and don't care because cosplay is about having fun.

>> No.10878267

>>10872488
1. Wigs aren't that expensive
2. Because if you fuck up your own hair you look like an idiot and if you cosplay a certain character a lot you don't have to constantly redo your hair.
3. Nigger.

>> No.10878268

>>10878263
This. There's many non black women that love characters like Storm, but you cant do that in America cause then you have the black mob after you. On instagram, I saw an asian tan their skin for a darker colored chinese character, and you had all these black people attacking her in the comments for something that had nothing to do with african america culture.

It's really tiresome.

>> No.10878270

You can practically smell the posters in this thread.

>> No.10878272

>>10878270
Thank you. Im wearing lavender right now/

>> No.10878281

>>10856057
"people" like you dont have souls, phoneposter

>> No.10878362
File: 51 KB, 200x200, a4697ad976e94d2cb0278bb5c15cb415-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878362

>>10875835
This. Idk what the American and British cosplay community has been smoking because black cosplayers outside of those two comms aren't this entitled or up their assess, they just cosplay just because they like it and aren't political about it. I always see white cosplayers circlejerk online the exact thing your talking about (ManaKnight or some vague activist post made, boost me like a white cosplayer.) They just feed into that behaviour by reposting bottom of the barrel for activism points and ignore the ones that genuinely like the hobby and make good shit.
I saw one cosplayer make an 'educated' post about how they hate when white cosplayers get compliments because 'it's racist not to compliment me because this character isn't white.'

When it's that type of stuff that gets circulated around and the most likes, it's no surprise why people get that impression of black cosplayers.

>> No.10878367

Only on current year /cgl/ do jannies let obvious poltards shit up their board with innane bullshit. I'm glad this containment thread is here to keep the retards busy and out of actual threads, but giving polcels any place just makes them spill into the rest of the board like a cancer. Do your jobs, you worthless jannies.

Back when cgl wasn't a shithole, bait threads like this would immediately become black cosplay threads to bump limit. I miss when 4chan wasn't infested with tourist retards who type up paragraphs of worthless shit in every thread.

>> No.10878370
File: 251 KB, 700x700, 1685164391881220.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878370

>>10878367

>> No.10878374
File: 1.50 MB, 1380x1526, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878374

I just wish black cosplayers cosplayed more black characters. Not because of some faggy gatekeeping /pol/-brained retardation, but because there's a lot of black characters I don't get to see at cons and can't cosplay with. Pic related is my T7 main, but I'm white as snow and would look absolutely terrible cosplaying him. I do, however, cosplay Dragunov and I'd love to do some conflict/fight photo shoots with a Raven cosplayer. It's similar to fat cosplayers, where there's so many really fucking cool fat characters getting zero representation in the community because everybody wants to avoid some kind of "stigma" around their body shape rather than going for it with someone they'd fit well into.

>> No.10878379

>>10878374
It's also an unfortunate combination of people not knowing or having no attachments to characters that would be good fits for them to cosplay I imagine. You kinda want to cosplay as characters you know and like, not just ones you'd be a good fit for.

>> No.10878380

>>10878379
Then tell black people to leave others alone when they cosplay black characters

>> No.10878381

>>10878379
I feel like that's unfortunate, but honest for an answer. Still doesn't make the absence any less noticeable.

>>10878380
You really don't care about this, you just want to look epic for your /pol/ buddies.

>> No.10878382

>>10878380
You ever get tired of being so mad about imaginary scenarios all the time?

>> No.10878468

>>10878270
Why do black people always smell awful?

>> No.10878470

>>10878367
It's almost like people have more than one interest and shit that goes on in the world also effects them. The real retard is you who think everyone on 4chan lives in a bubble where no other thing effects them.

>> No.10878471
File: 94 KB, 648x441, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878471

>>10878381
>You really don't care about this, you just want to look epic for your /pol/ buddies.
Oh stfu. I've been cosplaying for over 10 years. We actually had decent black cosplayers before the political black movement came in. There were cool black nerd bros and cute skinny black cosplayers that went to our cons constantly. Had no problem ever with them. These new generation warrriors are another story.

>>10878382
>pic related

>> No.10878472
File: 591 KB, 1380x928, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878472

>>10878382
Tons of examples on Google (not that I needed to use it. You can easily find any of this on instagram or reddit)

>> No.10878483

>>10878471
>>10878472
Look I'm not gonna argue with what is likely some kid just out of school, chances are you'll outgrow this attitude anyway. But let me just say that if you go looking you'll find literally anything you want to be mad about on the internet. There's just as many people out there who wouldn't have a problem with it. There's no "black people" to address and ask them to be this or that, because they are just people like anyone else. You're always going to get pushback from someone no matter what you do. I would simply suggest you not immediately jump to some rent free scenario you made up to get mad at something irrelevant during a random conversation.

>> No.10878484

Are there any boards out there that don’t have high schoolers whining and posting /pol/ threads?

>> No.10878492

>>10878471
>gets banned for blackface
>look up what she actually did
>it's blackface

>> No.10878512

>>10878483
>Look I'm not gonna argue with what is likely some kid just out of school,
again stfu

>> No.10878572
File: 1.06 MB, 600x900, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878572

>>10878471
> We actually had decent black cosplayers before the political black movement came in.
And I would bet thousands of dollars that those exact same cosplayers are still there and have not changed one bit.
>These new generation warrriors are another story.
Whatever phantom SJW menace that you're horrified of ruining "your" hobby may be lurking around, just know that your insistence towards blanket statements and racial othering will effectively guarantee that they have justification for not trusting people like you.
>pic related
Pic related
The reasoning is that she dyed her skin black to match the character. While I'm not even remotely offended, there is precedent for why someone else might draw the line between this and blackface. The other black cosplayers you're seeing here aren't doing whiteface, and as such aren't penalized for this.

>> No.10878585

>>10878572
>there is precedent for why someone else might draw the line between this and blackface.
Cause they are thin skinned political activists that are too stupid to know intent.

>> No.10878586

>>10878585
That did not invalidate a single word I said.

>> No.10878587

>>10878586
It invalidates everything you said.

>> No.10878590
File: 2.02 MB, 1152x768, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10878590

>>10878587
It literally doesn't. The OP and most of the /pol/ crossboarders crying in this thread are mad that cherry picked black cosplayers aren't taking effort to put on the same wigs as non-black cosplayers. The Pyke cosplayer I posted is quite literally painting over her skin in an attempt at looking closer to the character, which can easily be construed as adjacent to blackface. While I'm intelligent enough to be aware of the staggering differences between a marked attempt at simply getting closer to accuracy with a cosplay and the disparaging dehumanization of an entire race that original blackface conjures, any degree of adjacency opens up the window for people to draw these parallels. Of the hundreds of League of Legends characters she could have picked, she chose Pyke because he was (at the time) a new face, and it would bring a lot of attention to her cosplay repertoire, but by blindly tripping over this social faux-pas, she attracted negative attention. Calling them thin-skinned sissies isn't a counterargument.

>> No.10878591

>>10878590
tl;dr

>> No.10878593

>>10878591
>/pol/lutant is illiterate
Many such cases

>> No.10878595

>>10862490
>>10864825
>>10869205
>>10872040
>>10872586
>>10872956
>>10873158
>>10875835
>>10878260
>>10878261
>>10878263
I ain’t never had a problem being white and cosplaying the Prowler
>>10878264
>>10878267
>>10878374
>>10878468
>>10878484
/Toy/ is mostly innocent retarded guys it ain’t too bad but still pretty bad /lgbt/ is also semi okay

Anyway to adress the rest of you I like you I honestly do since I’m not racist and that makes me better than you and I’ll always be better than you since I was never racist you’re pathetic you are not even one percent the person I am because I’m not racist I do fucking nothing and I’m better than you I’m better than you even when I’m taking a shit because I’m not racist it’s sad really you’d be a cool person if you weren’t racist but that’s a fantasy your a bad person and that’s that sorry to be you

>> No.10878606

>>10878595
Kill yourself, stupid schizo ranting massreplyfag. You have zero value and your parents hate you. You're a nigger tranny dick sucker.

>> No.10878608

>>10878606
No. I’m not a schizo you’re lesser than me get racial tolerance training

>> No.10878618

>>10878608
Do you know how I KNOW that you're lesser than me? Because you're a massreplyfag who went on a schizo tangent about racism. Take your meds or put a firearm in your mouth and pull the trigger, worthless cretin.

I understand that you're lonely and attention starved since nobody likes you, and that's why you're mass replying, so I'm not giving you any more (You)'s because I don't want to give you the satisfaction of attention any longer. Go suck a nigger dick and fuck off.

>> No.10878619

>>10878618
Tangent?
TL;dr plus your wrong

>> No.10879078

>>10837930
Girl in the middle is hot. I can't imagine being upset about that.

>> No.10879097

>>10879078
We get on any hot girl if she's not willing to put in the work for a costume. Why are the standards different for blacks?

>> No.10879098

>>10879078
To add: this board complains constantly about thots not respecting the cosplay so what's the exception here?

>> No.10879100

>>10879097
>>10879098
I don't know what the board standards are. I'm just a tourist. I'd give a pass to a cute girl of any race, and from the other comments it seems like she isn't even slacking off on her costume.

>> No.10879107

>>10879098
But you guys ARE doing that, right now. I don't see what you mean.

>> No.10879110

>>10879107
>But you guys ARE doing that
except black men have been showcased in this thread too

>> No.10879115

>>10879110
That doesn't contradict what he said at all. It's such a non sequitur I can't even tell what point you were trying to make.

>> No.10879116

>>10879110
Okay...?

>> No.10879130
File: 74 KB, 610x611, 14341256465050.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10879130

>>10879115
It does because it implies we are just shitting on just thots in this thread. We are going after everyone equally.

>> No.10879137

>>10879130
Nobody implied you were "just" shitting on "just" thots. Not sure how you read that desu. All he said was that the board is complaining about thots, which is true. You should take a logic class.

>> No.10879140

>>10879137
>All he said was that the board is complaining about thots, which is true.

Yes that I agree with. I thought you were talking this thread only

>> No.10879141

>>10879130
I just pointed out there is no exception being made as people are complaining in this very thread.

>> No.10879285
File: 238 KB, 1365x2048, 8AA4ACF9-7CE8-4192-8DEE-AFF618F46CE3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10879285

>>10878261
I cosplay black characters too, you know.

>> No.10880040 [DELETED] 

>>10837930
sheboons are ugly as shit

>> No.10880076

>>10879130
>we’re going after everyone equally when we say we don’t like black cosplayers or their hair
That was almost funny

>> No.10880163

>>10880076
Equally boys and girls. Understand context, retard.

>> No.10880178

>>10880163
Get racial sensitivity training. racist.
P.s. you don’t know your comma rules

>> No.10880179

>>10880178
Racial sensitivity is what gets dumbasses jumped at shady places, no matter what skin color you are. How about you go relax in Philly and find out. You'll see where racial sensitivity gets you.

>> No.10880826

>>10880179
What does that have to do with cosplayers? No doubt there are racist blacks, but that's not a reason to target unrelated ones.

>> No.10880828

>>10880826
The point of this thread is that most black cosplayers put in front of us are racist. They claim black supremacy and shame you if you do not like their lazy cosplays.

>> No.10880832

>>10880828
2. Baseless generalization. This thread has a few anecdotes about entitled blacks and nothing to suggest that they're the norm.

Even if it were true, entitlement is a far cry from jumping people for being white. Your previous comment is ridiculous hyperbole that barely relates to the topic.

>> No.10880834

>>10880832
>and nothing to suggest that they're the norm.
Dreamcon is a majority black convention of exactly this norm. Try again.

>> No.10880919

>>10837930
Why do you care so much? Boohoo, not every cosplay is a perfect 1:1 recreation. Not every black person wants to damage their hair for brownie points. Y'all don't have whole threads dedicated to white or Asian people who don't wear wigs or don't do their wigs right

>> No.10880933

>>10880919
>Not every black person wants to damage their hair for brownie points.
>what is weave, braids, and toxic hair chemicals

>> No.10880996
File: 64 KB, 666x1044, 1694893482682.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10880996

I'm doing my first cosplay this year and I'm black with dreads. You can't straighten dreads because they are locked the way they and dyeing hair can ruin your roots. My hair was short as fuck in 2019/2020 now it's going to my shoulders. Lots of hair and don't wanna cut it. Wigs are hard to put over top of hair that is locked in place. They're uncomfortable. It's so weird seeing people just saying you should cut hair for a cosplay. It's not that serious this shit is all for fun who gives a fuck? This is who I'm doing btw.

>> No.10881012

>>10880996
>It's so weird seeing people just saying you should cut hair for a cosplay.
I've never heard anyone say this. Usually only the person with the hair suggests that to him or herself.

And your hair is no excuse to not try your best. If you are not willing to make some sacrifices, then that's fine. That's your decision. Just don't go out there and ask people to judge your cosplay in perfection.

I think some people in this thread is missing the memo. No one is against lackluster cosplayer. Just the lackluster cosplay that gets overrated for politics.

>> No.10881060

>>10881012
I don't get the cosplay community since it's my first time here but who cares what other people rate? If someone rates your cosplay bad do people get upset? Anime / manga designs aren't very practical

>> No.10881081

>>10881060
>Anime / manga designs aren't very practical
This is the problem. If this is the way you look at cosplay, then you don't deserve to be here sorry to say. The impracticability is the fun of it. The guy that pulls off the ssj3 goku hair for instance is amazing, even if he's not 100% perfect. The girl that somehow is able to make and wear Kill La Kill's Satsuki's ridiculous transformation outfit is amazing.

The guy who wears his normal hair and just puts on the casual clothing of the character as the minimum that they will do...not impressive. In fact, you'll be seen as just a normal con goer like the rest. Times change and industries evolve. Cosplay has, too.

You are free to wear what you want. But your cosplay will not be taken seriously if you don't take it seriously as a forewarning.

>> No.10881090 [DELETED] 

>>10875833
It's just a costume. Calm your tits. Do you always tard rage over black cosplayers this much?swmt8

>> No.10881091

>>10856070
It's just a costume. Calm your tits. Do you always get this ass mad over black cosplayers?

>> No.10881104

>>10881060
>If someone rates your cosplay bad do people get upset?
No but people who think they are VERY IMPORTANT might talk about how you don't look perfect. Who gives a fuck about them.

>> No.10881120

>>10881091
>It's just a costume.
If it's just a costume, then how do you fuck up such a simple thing?

>> No.10881121

>>10881091
>It's just a costume.
It's just a math problem.
It's just a car.
It's just some person's wallet.
It's just paper bills.

>> No.10881139

>>10881121
>>10881120
>get pushed in a corner
>deflect
Lol

>> No.10881140

>>10881139
There's no corner in making such a stupid comment on a cosplay board and saying

>it's just a costume

>> No.10881141

>>10881140
No matter how seriously you or anyone takes this hobby, at the end of the day it's putting on a costume of a character you like. It's not a lifestyle, it's just a hobby you enjoy and when you're in deep you get into shit like rating your and other people's cosplays. Which is fine if that's what YOU enjoy but if someone is just fucking around or is a casual, obviously your views are different but neither are wrong. I pretend to be manga characters when I lift weights not while in costume.

>> No.10881143

>>10881121
Wow. 4 entire comparisons and every single one was shit.

>> No.10881144

>>10881141
>No matter how seriously you or anyone takes this hobby, at the end of the day it's putting on a costume of a character you like. It's not a lifestyle, it's just a hobby you enjoy
And a hobby everyone in the cosplay community takes seriously. I do not know why you're not realizing that youre literally coming in here and going

>well, cosplay aint that serious so now watch me do a lazy costume and say that it's only good cause Im black

Which is the topic of this thread.

>Which is fine if that's what YOU enjoy but if someone is just fucking around or is a casual, obviously your views are different but neither are wrong.

Except we are on cgl.

>> No.10881147

>>10881144
>And a hobby everyone in the cosplay community takes seriously. I do not know why you're not realizing that youre literally coming in here and going
>well, cosplay aint that serious so now watch me do a lazy costume and say that it's only good cause Im black
I never said that, I said nobody gives a fuck. If someone who is in full cosplay from head to toe looks like shit they are still going out because THEY like it. You can dislike black cosplayers if you want I don't give a fuck, it's just extremely retarded to see someone and say

>HEY YOU'RE NOT DRESSING UP LIKE THIS CHARACTER THE RIGHT WAY, YOU'RE MISSING X PART OR Y PART!! DID YOU KNOW THAT YOUR MISSING THAT? WHY ARE YOU PISSING ME OFF BY DOING WHAT YOU WANT

>> No.10881148

>>10881144
So someone who is a casual and doing this for fun should NEVER come to /cgl/ unless they're hardcore cosplayers?

>> No.10881149

>>10881147
No thats you being a retard and not getting context.

The point of this thread is that people calling racism if they do a poor job and not putting in the work to make a good cosplay. Yes, there will be people that will get on someone for not making a perfect cosplay no matter what, but no one socializes with those types. The main problem is when you are forced to say a cosplay is good just cause of someone's skincolor. It's a shitty thing to do and is what leads to even more laziness.

You're conflating two completely different things.

>> No.10881150

>>10881148
Never said that. The diff is when you come in here and just say it blindly knowing what this thread is about.

>> No.10881151

>>10881149
Literally, NOBODY is forcing you to say anything. Who the fuck are people talking about when they say they're being FORCED? So someone is holding a gun to your head or threatening you? Who is the boogeyman here?

>> No.10881152

>>10881151
How about stop talking and just continue reading so proper adults can talk. Maybe you will learn something.

>> No.10881154

>>10881152
So you can't name the people who are "forcing" you to say positive things about black cosplayers and you're also weak enough that when pushed you bend instead of pushing back.

>> No.10881535

>>10880933
Weaves and braids literally don't damage hair.

Not every black person uses toxic hair chemicals, especially not at the rate their grandparents did. Natural black hair could get you fired at one point which is why so many would straighten their hair.

Maybe, I don't know, go talk to black people irl.

>> No.10881539

>>10881535
>Weaves and braids literally don't damage hair.
Yes they do. The former damages the scalp with the glue and heat used, and the braids pull on the scalp so hard that doctors have said that blacks ruin their hair production later in life. It's proven fact.

>> No.10881552

>>10881539
>>10881535
this my mom has bad alopecia from wearing only weaves when she was younger. i only wear wigs. not to mention relaxer causes uterine fibroids. and tight braids cause the same issue as weaves.

>> No.10883789

>>10869205
Based

>> No.10883801

>>10837930
itt shitty cosplays from wack cosplayers

>> No.10885189

Whites and ywnbws crying about having no soul: the thread

>> No.10886650

I dress how I want because it’s fun. Making racists piss their pants is just a bonus for me.

>> No.10886652

>>10886650
>you must be racist if you criticize my costume

like clockwerk

>> No.10886659

>>10837930
Society told them blackwashing characters = good and if anyone disagrees they're a racist Nazi bigot

>> No.10886661
File: 328 KB, 1365x2048, file.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10886661

>>10886659
Its funny cause I dont see any other race doing this. The closest is probably people doing mexican meme costumes but thats usually out of comedy.

>> No.10886767

>>10886652
No. You’re racist because you’re racist. It’s perfectly valid to dislike a costume.

>> No.10886788

>>10886767
>you're racist for criticizing

As I said

>> No.10886819 [DELETED] 

>>10885189
Day of the rope is coming nigra. Turning on your jew masters was your biggest mistake.

>> No.10886901

>>10837930
they're trying to make a political statement and have done this on sites like dumblr since 2015
>>10886767
>t. black dumblrina

>> No.10887856
File: 179 KB, 853x820, 1650153214480.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10887856

>>10886659
>Black cosplayer wears a wig with straight hair
>Completely organic critics all complain that the hair looks unnatural and "wrong"
>Black cosplayer wears a natural
>Completely organic critics all complain that the character is blackwashed
>"We're not racists, we're just interested in preservation of this artistic expression's integrity!"

>> No.10887857

>>10887856
>>Black cosplayer wears a wig with straight hair
>>Completely organic critics all complain that the hair looks unnatural and "wrong"
Hold the fuck on. This NEVER happens.

>> No.10887858

>>10887857
sjws do this all the time. they did it in another thread >>10873406

>> No.10887859

>>10887857
This literally happens constantly. I don't know why you faggots keep pretending it isn't.

>> No.10887860

>>10887858
>sjws do this all the time.
So youre saying the very people that they thought were on their side is criticizing them? She is likely a woman making that post, too.

Your post messed up with thinking the people complaining about blackwashing and the people complaining about this straight hair are the same. This never happens. It's just women being bitches to women.

>> No.10887862
File: 23 KB, 720x405, 1523512351231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10887862

>>10887860
>"Oh it's not ME this time, it's THEM"
What is the point of this? You're two sides of the same retarded coin without offering anything resembling a solution.

>> No.10887863

>>10887860
>it doesn't happen except when it does but i don't think those cases are valid because i'm retarded.
got it.

>> No.10887864

>>10887862
>What is the point of this? You're two sides of the same retarded coin without offering anything resembling a solution.
So is that really your angle now? How retarded of a take.

>> No.10887865

>>10887862
anon is an idiot, claiming that it doesn't happen but giving examples? he probably doesn't realize most criticism of black women comes from men.

>> No.10887866

>>10887865
>he probably doesn't realize most criticism of black women comes from men.
No, most criticism of black women come from other women, black included.

>> No.10887869

>>10887866
>>10887864
you sound chinese.

>> No.10887870

>>10887864
I can't tell if you're illiterate or not. This entire thread is full to the brim with "BLACK COSPLAYER BAD" and the only explanations is that they're black, or things revolving around their blackness. Your post insinuated that some alternate camp (or school of thought or whatever you quasi-intelligent morons call it) is more in favor of keeping natural hair, where yours is feverishly against keeping natural hair. The only reason why this is a """problem""" is because the cosplayers are black. This would literally not be a debate anywhere else for any other race of people, but it's considered okay for you. That is why you are two sides (Anti-Natural/Anti-Wig) of the same retarded coin, and since neither of you is offering a solution, you are both crying into the wind for no gain.

Again, what is the point of this?

>> No.10887871

>>10887870
>This entire thread is full to the brim with "BLACK COSPLAYER BAD" and the only explanations is that they're black, or things revolving around their blackness.
You clearly didnt read the thread then. There's clear criticisms and you're ignoring them cause you're a dumb black identity defense force.

>> No.10887872

>>10887871
There are exceptionally few valid criticisms in this thread. Almost all of it comes down to "Put in effort", but does not actually address the problem posited in the OP.
>you're a dumb black identity defense force
/pol/eddit crossposters really should be identified by a tag. There's no avoiding you cockroaches, but I'd at least prefer if I could filter you out.

>> No.10887874

>>10887872
>There are exceptionally few valid criticisms in this thread. Almost all of it comes down to "Put in effort", but does not actually address the problem posited in the OP.
Yes it fucking does. That's literally the solution. I know you come from the idealogy of low expectations but goddamn, are you the shit that continues to enable lazy cosplaying.

>> No.10887875

>>10887870
That anon sounds ESL and probably doesn't even know any black cosplayers. I personally think any race should be allowed to do x race version of a character if they want, but also be expected to do a regular cosplay with the same standard. If you want to do black sailor moon with afro buns you can make it cute and unique, but it's still black sailor moon. It's a different take on the character, but it shouldn't be the standard. I know hair is a tough issue but no race should get a pass to just use their real hair in cosplay unless it's part of the cosplay itself. White cosplayers with stringy dyed hair are also the worst.

>> No.10887876

>>10887875
>If you want to do black sailor moon with afro buns you can make it cute and unique, but it's still black sailor moon.
Afro hair doesnt make the cosplay unique. A ginger who does cosplay with their curls and called it ginger Sailor Moon would be just as cringe. You're making up scenarios to suit your stupid taste. Also, good job samefagging.

>> No.10887877

>>10887875
I actually agree with this statement 100%. If you are going to do a more ethnically leaning rendition of a character, I'd still expect a wig to bring it out to its fullest, mostly because wigs are an effective standard in most other cosplay regardless. Otherwise we get "Guys I was Touma and nobody recognized me :(" situations.

>> No.10887878

>>10887876
Learn to read, faggot.

>> No.10887879

>>10887878
Hilarious considering you have shown that you havent read a single thing in this thread.

>> No.10887880

>>10887878
Stop replying to that faggot, nothing he's saying is of value to anybody.

>> No.10887883

>>10887877
>I'd still expect a wig to bring it out to its fullest, mostly because wigs are an effective standard in most other cosplay regardless
This is also fair. I think that cosplayers can be lazy if they want, but they shouldn't act entitled in that case. If you're just doing a lazy cosplay for fun, don't expect to get the same reception as someone who made a cosplay with 1:1 details. I feel like black cosplayers tend to get gassed up by SJWs telling them that any criticism is racist, which hurts them and the cosplay community in general. Black sailor moon could look actually cool if other details were added to the costume or styling to make her look more like a young black girl than an anime character.